Ideal Protein Diet - I'm back! Remember me?

View Full Version : I'm back! Remember me?

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Hello Everybody!

It has been a very long time that I have not been on this site!

Here is a summary of my story: after I reached an all time high weight of 250, I started my weight loss journey in June 2011, by December 2011, I lost a total of 50 pounds, felt amazing and decided that I wanted to take a break for the holidays to enjoy my time with my friends and family which proved to be my biggest mistake, worst decision ever since it was so hard for me to get started again.

In 2012, my husband and I decided that it was time to seek professional help in order to get pregnant since we were trying for a while with nothing happening, we started going to a fertility center, I was at 211 pounds by this time, which isn't that bad, I was still feeling good about myself and very confident that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again...

What happened was that I had to have a septum removal surgery which is a minor surgery in order to have better chances to be pregnant and have a baby, at that time, with all the stress and worries I went though, I reached 216! Still not looking overly huge, still believing that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again and again.

After all the gazillions tests we went through we decided to try with IUI (intra uterine insemination), I had to take medications, hormones and all the things that make my follicles mature, and after this procedure I started ballooning! I told the doctor and he told me unfortunately it is a normal side effect of the medication! All this, after all the injections I had to go through, after taking all the steps to help me get pregnant such as taking special supplements and doing acupuncture, it was a failed IUI, I did not get pregnant :(. The second step was to start IVF, it was all I wished not to arrive to and here I was! But since I had no other choice, I decided to do it, this time the dose of medications I took for IUI was more than double, so you can imagine how much weight I gained! Or maybe you can't! I was so hoping to get pregnant and I was at around 225 by this time, after all the injections, we only got two mature eggs and only one fertilized, I was dreaming that this would be it! But... no... the embryo did not attach and here I was not pregnant! So... I kept on putting weight on! It was crazy how quickly I was gaining!

And here I am now, I am at 255 pounds, I cannot stand myself, I have never been this heavy and I hate it!

So... from my old "buddies" in here, whomever remembers me from the old days, please come in here to give me your support, I would be so glad to hear from you. And from all the new members, I will be glad to get to know you.

Thank you everyone.

jeffiner
01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Sandra..Im new here so we don't know each other yet but it seems like you have been through a lot in a few short years. Im glad your back and ready to reclaim your health! I know how hard it is to have restart..but better now than in 6 months or a year...plus some people are saying that IP makes you more fertile, I dont know if thats true but heck...who knows!

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi Jeffner,

Glad to "meet" and thank you for the support :)

And yes, indeed, IP helps with fertility.

nomorejellybeans
01-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Good luck to you!

Bellamack
01-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Hello Everybody!

It has been a very long time that I have not been on this site!

Here is a summary of my story: after I reached an all time high weight of 250, I started my weight loss journey in June 2011, by December 2011, I lost a total of 50 pounds, felt amazing and decided that I wanted to take a break for the holidays to enjoy my time with my friends and family which proved to be my biggest mistake, worst decision ever since it was so hard for me to get started again.

In 2012, my husband and I decided that it was time to seek professional help in order to get pregnant since we were trying for a while with nothing happening, we started going to a fertility center, I was at 211 pounds by this time, which isn't that bad, I was still feeling good about myself and very confident that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again...

What happened was that I had to have a septum removal surgery which is a minor surgery in order to have better chances to be pregnant and have a baby, at that time, with all the stress and worries I went though, I reached 216! Still not looking overly huge, still believing that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again and again.

After all the gazillions tests we went through we decided to try with IUI (intra uterine insemination), I had to take medications, hormones and all the things that make my follicles mature, and after this procedure I started ballooning! I told the doctor and he told me unfortunately it is a normal side effect of the medication! All this, after all the injections I had to go through, after taking all the steps to help me get pregnant such as taking special supplements and doing acupuncture, it was a failed IUI, I did not get pregnant :(. The second step was to start IVF, it was all I wished not to arrive to and here I was! But since I had no other choice, I decided to do it, this time the dose of medications I took for IUI was more than double, so you can imagine how much weight I gained! Or maybe you can't! I was so hoping to get pregnant and I was at around 225 by this time, after all the injections, we only got two mature eggs and only one fertilized, I was dreaming that this would be it! But... no... the embryo did not attach and here I was not pregnant! So... I kept on putting weight on! It was crazy how quickly I was gaining!

And here I am now, I am at 255 pounds, I cannot stand myself, I have never been this heavy and I hate it!

So... from my old "buddies" in here, whomever remembers me from the old days, please come in here to give me your support, I would be so glad to hear from you. And from all the new members, I will be glad to get to know you.

Thank you everyone.

Hi Sandra,
Yes I do remember you! Welcome back... I gained the weight I lost, but am back at it!

I know all to well the fertility thing, did it for 9 years, when I first started the fertility drugs and shots, I gained 19 lbs in one month, well I went through 2 surgeries for endometreosis too, so long ago now. But I think from doing it for so long my metabolism has never been the same. lol.

Good Luck and welcome back, you know that IP make ya fertile. lol

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Hey Bellamack :)

I sure remember you :) I am happy we can do or redo this together!

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Good luck to you!

Thank you :) to you too

darbs7
01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey Sandra....I remember you. This is a journey for sure. I thought that being in maintenance would be easy after spending my adult life in the 230-240 range and a size 18.

But I have battled every day of 21 months in maintenance. I am learning this is forever...I will never get to "relax" when it comes to my diet

Forgive yourself and move on. Jump back on and you will kick butt

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey Darbs,

I remember you too :) Glad to be back and glad to hear from you :)

woolberger
01-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi Sandra,

I remember you! I don't post much but have never left this site. Restarting is hard, but you can do it. Good luck to you.

Lynn

ChicagoPhil
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Welcome back, you are going to do great again. It's my first week here and i'm glad to have another person start, or restart their journey with.

jennydoodle
01-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi! Welcome back! I still pop on here every now and again, but life keeps me busy sometimes :)

Good luck on your journey! I can absolutely 2nd what Darbs said, every single day of maintenance is work. I have been maintaining for 13.5 months and there wasn't one day that it was easy. But I do P1 when necessary and I keep my weight right around 135.

Welcome back and cheers to you for taking control and getting your body back!

Desafinado
01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
((hugs))

I spent five years doing fertility treatments (IVF w/ICSI) and had four miscarriages, the last at 16 weeks in March 2012, so I understand. The drugs, the stress etc. all contribute to weight issues IMO.

But, hey, we are both here now and pushing forward to being healthier and happier.

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi! Welcome back! I still pop on here every now and again, but life keeps me busy sometimes :)

Good luck on your journey! I can absolutely 2nd what Darbs said, every single day of maintenance is work. I have been maintaining for 13.5 months and there wasn't one day that it was easy. But I do P1 when necessary and I keep my weight right around 135.

Welcome back and cheers to you for taking control and getting your body back!

Hey Jenny!

I remember you so well! You are a huge inspiration to me! Kudo to continuing on maintenance!

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 01:52 PM
((hugs))

I spent five years doing fertility treatments (IVF w/ICSI) and had four miscarriages, the last at 16 weeks in March 2012, so I understand. The drugs, the stress etc. all contribute to weight issues IMO.

But, hey, we are both here now and pushing forward to being healthier and happier.

Yeah! Infertility sucks! I might give up my dream on being a mom... Don't know how I will survive that, but... what can I do!

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Welcome back, you are going to do great again. It's my first week here and i'm glad to have another person start, or restart their journey with.

Hi :)

Good luck on your journey, just take it one day at a time, the first week is always the hardest.

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi Sandra,

I remember you! I don't post much but have never left this site. Restarting is hard, but you can do it. Good luck to you.

Lynn

Hi,

To be honest with you, I don't remember you that well! But maybe it is because as you said it you don't post much in here!

Thank you for the encouragement :)

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 01:58 PM
By the way, anybody heard from Wuv? She used to be on every post and now I didn't see her post anywhere! She is on my facebook, but I would like to hear from her in here.

Busymomx4
01-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi Sandra, welcome back! Sorry to hear of your continuing struggles :(

I still check here often but don't post much, not much to say, lol.

I got medicare to approve my tummy tuck which i'm getting done February 5th.

Do you still have my number...we should get together again soon. text me.

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi Sandra, welcome back! Sorry to hear of your continuing struggles :(

I still check here often but don't post much, not much to say, lol.

I got medicare to approve my tummy tuck which i'm getting done February 5th.

Do you still have my number...we should get together again soon. text me.

Hey :)

I swear I was thinking about you the last couple of days, I was kinda blaming myself why I did not get in touch with you since the last time I saw you and how I should! But... As I mentioned, I have been through what is **** to me, and 2013 is not looking pretty to me as I lost my job also! So... I thought to myself that I will call you back again one day, but days passed and I didn't!

I am so happy that you were approved to have a tummy tuck with medicare! How did you get them to approve? And would you also do your biceps as well?

OMG, I am so glad to hear back from you again! I love your new picture.

And yes, I still have your number, I will call eventually, maybe when I start to feel a little better about myself! But please stay in touch at least in here.

Big big hug :hug:

KitKat169
01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey Sandra, I'm here to support you however I can. I don't have experience with infertility having never tried to get pregnant but I understand the weight loss struggles enough. I thought I had found the magic key a few years ago (not on IP) and lost a bunch before I slowly let myself slide. Then life events took over I slide even faster back up to my previous weight. As I'm nearing maintenance now, I'm doing a lot of prep work because I believe the hardest part of the journey has just started.

Good luck!

disgal
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
We've got your back!! So sorry to hear all that you've been through. :hug: Better days are ahead....keep the faith!!:;)

I'm just starting back myself (this is actually my first post in probably a year)! Was able to maintain for about 10 months....but didn't stay focused. So now I have 30ish I need to lose. Ugh! :(

Everyone here is super supportive!! You can do it!! WE can ALL do it together!!!:carrot:

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey Sandra, I'm here to support you however I can. I don't have experience with infertility having never tried to get pregnant but I understand the weight loss struggles enough. I thought I had found the magic key a few years ago (not on IP) and lost a bunch before I slowly let myself slide. Then life events took over I slide even faster back up to my previous weight. As I'm nearing maintenance now, I'm doing a lot of prep work because I believe the hardest part of the journey has just started.

Good luck!

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
We've got your back!! So sorry to hear all that you've been through. :hug: Better days are ahead....keep the faith!!:;)

I'm just starting back myself (this is actually my first post in probably a year)! Was able to maintain for about 10 months....but didn't stay focused. So now I have 30ish I need to lose. Ugh! :(

Everyone here is super supportive!! You can do it!! WE can ALL do it together!!!:carrot:

We can do it and we will :)

Busymomx4
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey :)

I swear I was thinking about you the last couple of days, I was kinda blaming myself why I did not get in touch with you since the last time I saw you and how I should! But... As I mentioned, I have been through what is **** to me, and 2013 is not looking pretty to me as I lost my job also! So... I thought to myself that I will call you back again one day, but days passed and I didn't!

I am so happy that you were approved to have a tummy tuck with medicare! How did you get them to approve? And would you also do your biceps as well?

OMG, I am so glad to hear back from you again! I love your new picture.

And yes, I still have your number, I will call eventually, maybe when I start to feel a little better about myself! But please stay in touch at least in here.

Big big hug :hug:

Hi, i met with a surgeon and she sent the request, took about 3 months before i heard back but they approved it...even my surgeon was surprised as most of the time, they deny it and you have to appeal...they must’ve taken good pictures, lol.

And no, they don’t do anything else but the tummy (they even only approved for the lower tummy tuck but i need a fleur de lys (vertical incision above the belly button) as i have a lot of skin there too but my surgeon will “do what she has to do” as she put it.
Sorry you lost your job...check the job listings for where i work (Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton) they’re always asking for administrative assistants (as long as you’re perfectly bilingual French/English).

You have done the most difficult step which is coming back and posting...just dive right in doing the program without allowing yourself to sway.

Maintenance is also very difficult so weight loss/weight maintenance is a continuous struggle..

Hang in there, you can do it :)

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi, i met with a surgeon and she sent the request, took about 3 months before i heard back but they approved it...even my surgeon was surprised as most of the time, they deny it and you have to appeal...they must’ve taken good pictures, lol.

And no, they don’t do anything else but the tummy (they even only approved for the lower tummy tuck but i need a fleur de lys (vertical incision above the belly button) as i have a lot of skin there too but my surgeon will “do what she has to do” as she put it.
Sorry you lost your job...check the job listings for where i work (Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton) they’re always asking for administrative assistants (as long as you’re perfectly bilingual French/English).

You have done the most difficult step which is coming back and posting...just dive right in doing the program without allowing yourself to sway.

Maintenance is also very difficult so weight loss/weight maintenance is a continuous struggle..

Hang in there, you can do it :)

Hi,

Thanks for referring me to the company you work for, I just checked their website, for now they don't have any opening in Montreal or Laval, but I will keep on checking.

Thanks anyway :)

Liddybean
01-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Dear Sandra,

I so feel your pain with the weight gain. Just a week ago I posted that I was starting IP 2.0. I lost 80lbs and regained 50 and I'm here again. I don't have the fertility issues that are so heartbreaking to you and many of my friends. I have different health issues that largely contributed to gaining my weight back. I can also blame myself at least 10% just because of the times i indulged for a vacation or holiday and then didn't get right back on track. But just think about all we learned from our mistakes. Many people yo yo their whole lives. We have the opportunity to lose the weight quickly again in a way that we know works. And this time we can focus on lifestyle changes so we don't make the same mistakes we made the first time. I had a month - about 4 months in the last time - where my body went through a hormonal transformation. I had lost a lot of fat and my reproductive system did a weird re-boot from all the estrogen. I had blood work done and my doctor told me that i no longer had PCOS. There were women at my clinic who lost a lot of weight and got pregnant because their hormones normalized. We can hope the same for you! Hang in there and know you are with friends who understand your struggle and we don't judge you! :hug:

greeniris
01-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi Sandra -
I remember you, though I started IP & 3FC at the end of May 2012. I read a lot of older posts before joining, so maybe that's how I remember you. Am so sorry for all your struggles and disappointments, and wish you the very best from here forward.

Cindy

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Dear Sandra,

I so feel your pain with the weight gain. Just a week ago I posted that I was starting IP 2.0. I lost 80lbs and regained 50 and I'm here again. I don't have the fertility issues that are so heartbreaking to you and many of my friends. I have different health issues that largely contributed to gaining my weight back. I can also blame myself at least 10% just because of the times i indulged for a vacation or holiday and then didn't get right back on track. But just think about all we learned from our mistakes. Many people yo yo their whole lives. We have the opportunity to lose the weight quickly again in a way that we know works. And this time we can focus on lifestyle changes so we don't make the same mistakes we made the first time. I had a month - about 4 months in the last time - where my body went through a hormonal transformation. I had lost a lot of fat and my reproductive system did a weird re-boot from all the estrogen. I had blood work done and my doctor told me that i no longer had PCOS. There were women at my clinic who lost a lot of weight and got pregnant because their hormones normalized. We can hope the same for you! Hang in there and know you are with friends who understand your struggle and we don't judge you! :hug:

Hello,

sandralosingweight
01-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi Sandra -
I remember you, though I started IP & 3FC at the end of May 2012. I read a lot of older posts before joining, so maybe that's how I remember you. Am so sorry for all your struggles and disappointments, and wish you the very best from here forward.

Cindy

Hi :)

Thank you very much :) I will do my best!

Chloe222
01-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi Sandra,
I remember you! Your adorable avatar was what I remembered, the cute red bikini. I am so sorry to hear about all your health issues and difficulties getting pregnant. Perhaps it will happen this time, there's just recently been some threads about IP providing the alkaline diet that seems to enable an easier pregnancy. I'm not in that boat, but did read it just recently. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the best happens for you and your hubby, whatever that may ultimately be.

I lost 41 pounds last year, strayed for 4 months, gained back 15-16 pounds and now am back on board. I also lowered my goal and am so committed to making this happen.

I'm already researching maintenance strategies (still in phase 1)...that might include using a carb blocker (only in maintenance) and moving towards a leptin balancing diet (seems to mean an IP sort of meal plan but 5-6 hours between meals, no snacks - researching it now), more frequent workouts and meditation.

Please post frequently and stay with us. There is tremendous support and friendship here. We all want what is best for each other, no judgment, just true caring.

Best,
Chloe

:hug::hug::hug:

kileymed13
01-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi Sandra

I started IP in October so I don't know you from before. I am so sorry about all you have been through and am proud of you for getting up again and restarting IP. That is not easy to do. I hope to see more posts from you and I love the bikini pic!

Willi
01-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Welcome back! So sorry for your troubles. Here's hoping for a healthy 2013!

sandralosingweight
01-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Chloe222 I remember you too :) So glad to see the old members I know :)

Kiley and Willi, thank you for the welcome, great weight losses!

evepet
01-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Sandralosingweight. I remember you too. I'm so sorry that you've had such difficulties over the past months. :hug:

You've taken the first big step - to get back on target with IP, and to hang out here again. We are all here for you.

Determinedat47
01-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi Sandra!!
I remember you! Welcome back darling!After all you have been through, you have proven you have stamina! Let's kick this! You will do it! Wat to go!

Steffy14
01-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Sandra...I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles. Coming back here is a step in the right direction. The support here is wonderful. Just maybe IP will increase your fertility! I wish you the best in 2013!

MustangMolly
01-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi Sandra, I do remember you and am so sorry for the emotional rollercoaster that must have been for you. Welcome back! I have had to start over myself, along with a few others you may remember, and we are happy to have you back. You are not alone, we are all in this together.

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi Sandra,
I am so sorry for what you have been through. It is devastating and a messed up roller coaster of emotions and hopes. I too have been struggling with having a baby for two years. I maintained a 50+ pound loss from IP for almost a year but regained 30+ back from two miscarriages in a row and carb eating my way through the emotional pain. I totally understand and am headed for IVF this fall after I reach my weight loss goal.

I just re-started on 1/13/13 and lost 14 pounds as of today-though I know it was the pregnancy/water weight/antibiotics (my last miscarriage was just 2 weeks ago).

Welcome back! I'll be here cheering you on and being inspired by all of our losses/determination!

sandralosingweight
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Hello everyone,

I am so touched by all or your kind words and encouragement.

evepet, Determinedat47 and MustangMolly, I remember you too :) So happy to see old members still in here :)

WorldTraveleronIP, I really hope your IVF will be successful and that you will be a mom soon! I cannot even imagine what you must have gone through with 2 miscarriages! You are strong! I admire how strong you are! Best of luck dear.

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Hello everyone,

I am so touched by all or your kind words and encouragement.

evepet, Determinedat47 and MustangMolly, I remember you too :) So happy to see old members still in here :)

WorldTraveleronIP, I really hope your IVF will be successful and that you will be a mom soon! I cannot even imagine what you must have gone through with 2 miscarriages! You are strong! I admire how strong you are! Best of luck dear.

I wish you all the best too, Sandra!! :hug:

wuv2bloved
01-21-2013, 06:20 PM
WELCOME BACK SANDRA!!!!!.......great to see you around again. I don't post much anymore, I don't have the internet at work any longer and I work a second job as a cashier so I don't have a lot of time to post. I work til 9 and usually in bed by 10. Glad to see you are back and sorry about all of your issues, but you have come to the right place for support but you knew that already.....good luck at this journey, you know it is going to take you for a tail spin at first but you just have to hang in there....YOU CAN DO THIS......we ALL know YOU CAN.....just BELIEVE IN YOURSELF :)

sandralosingweight
01-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Oh! Wuv :) I really miss your posts! Glad to be back

IP43
01-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah! Infertility sucks! I might give up my dream on being a mom... Don't know how I will survive that, but... what can I do!

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts so perhaps you've heard this in other posts but.... Infertility DOES suck, but it does not mean you need to give up your dream of being a mom. I have adopted 2 wonderful children through the Children's Aid Society, and have never regretted it. Due to all the new legislation, there are more babies up for adoption now than previously when it would take "years" for kids to get to be crown wards. It can take time to get home studies done etc. so if it is at all an option for your family, look into it now and that way, even if you're on a "wait list" , you'll get the process started sooner than later.

There is a whole thread of people here with PCOS -- some trying to get pregnant, some of us no longer trying-- but all of us totally understanding at least some of your frustrations and tragedies. This is a great group of supporters -- not just for weight loss.

sandralosingweight
01-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks IP43 :)

I am not sure that I will be thinking about adoption for now as lots is going on in my life and I am jobless for now!... So... As much as I would love to be a mom, I have to settle down with my life first!

Now is really the time to focus on losing the weight and gaining myself back, I seriously cannot stand myself at this huge weight and I don't feel good as I am so heavy to move and I took my blood pressure and I have it slightly high for now, I never had this problem when I lost the weight so I am sure it is due to being overweight!

The first week I tried to get back to this diet, I did not go 100% but I am glad to say that the last couple of days I have been 100% OP.

thin4me
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Hello Everybody!

Thank you everyone.

Hi Sandra, you may no remember be but I definitely remember your bathing suit! It takes a lot of courage to go through what you have and still have the motivation to continue with both your family and your weightloss. Perhaps it is time to give yourself a "break" from trying for a child as many people find their pregnant when the stress of getting pregnant no longer exists. Perhaps this is the time to focus on your own health and with that everything else may fall into place.

You can do it, you've done it before and you know it works! Everyone is looking for small rewards they can give themselves when they achieve a particular goal - perhaps your's will be the reward you have been waiting so long for!!

Best of luck! As you can see many of us are back here for one reason or another :hug:

New Englander
01-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Welcome back! You know you're in good company here with awesome support! You can do it!!!