Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Default Seven weeks and weight loss has stopped??

I've been OP since Nov 30 with the only cheat being two days I ate 2 restricted items. My problem is I have almost stopped losing weight and I'm just wondering if anyone here might have some ideas. My counselor doesn't know why and says maybe I should try a cleanse? I've gone through everything....I'm getting my water, TOM is not an issue, I'm not constipated, I'm staying 100% on plan, I'm not exercising other than walking the dog on an easy walk. I've lost 1.6 lbs in the last 2 weeks. The ONLY thing I can come up with is I haven't been measuring out exactly 4 cups of vegetables. Could that be an issue? I'm not posting this to whine (well maybe just a little)...I'm really trying to figure out what I need to adjust. Any ideas are appreciated.
WyoGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

It happens to a lot of us.

Yes, you need to measure everything. Make sure you are getting your oil & salt in too.

I've heard the cleanse is a waste of money.

Just keep 100% and hang in there.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

You know it may seem like a slow down, but I bet next week you will have a whoosh. I did IP in 2011 and was a rather slow loser, from beginning to end of 5 months I only averaged 1.8 lbs/week and it seemed almost nothing for 2 weeks, then a whoosh. Everyones body loses different and seeing as how I am post-meno and hypothyroid, I'll take it.

Experts say a true plateau is no loss in lbs or inches for 6 weeks, so you haven't plateaued, you just may be a slower loser, which beats not losing. Good Luck & hopefully the Whoosh Fairy will visit soon
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #4  

I would suspect its your leptin levels. You've done great so far. Now I would implement burst/surge training to help boost your fat burning hormones!!!

High intensity interval workouts for 6 minutes.

In Health,
Dr J

Drofthecause
drofthecause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
I've been OP since Nov 30 with the only cheat being two days I ate 2 restricted items. My problem is I have almost stopped losing weight and I'm just wondering if anyone here might have some ideas. My counselor doesn't know why and says maybe I should try a cleanse? I've gone through everything....I'm getting my water, TOM is not an issue, I'm not constipated, I'm staying 100% on plan, I'm not exercising other than walking the dog on an easy walk. I've lost 1.6 lbs in the last 2 weeks. The ONLY thing I can come up with is I haven't been measuring out exactly 4 cups of vegetables. Could that be an issue? I'm not posting this to whine (well maybe just a little)...I'm really trying to figure out what I need to adjust. Any ideas are appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Experts say a true plateau is no loss in lbs or inches for 6 weeks, so you haven't plateaued, you just may be a slower loser, which beats not losing. Good Luck & hopefully the Whoosh Fairy will visit soon
THIS! Wyogirl: Did your measurements change during the last 2 weeks? You have still LOST weight on the scale, just not at the speed you were hoping. Oftentimes weight losses are in whooshes, rather than linear. Remember, we are looking for FAT loss so if the measuring tape changed, even if the scale didn't, it is a victory. Anything can cause the scale slowdown (water weight, hormones, other factors) But your scale DID move. A loss is a loss and we celebrate them equally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofthecause View Post
I would suspect its your leptin levels. You've done great so far. Now I would implement burst/surge training to help boost your fat burning hormones!!!

High intensity interval workouts for 6 minutes.
This would not be an IP response so my guess is this responder doesn't know about IP. IP would not recommend high intensity workouts.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks everyone. My inches have stayed pretty much the same also, so, I guess I've just stalled a little...but not plateaued. I'm going to stop looking backward and start looking forward again and hope that they increase in the coming weeks.
WyoGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #7  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Yeah well after 5 weeks in the same 141 lb ball park I know I am waiting for that whoosh fairy to visit... I measure, I take Novi-Lax, I have no TOM, i drink my daily oil, I use my salt, I guzzle down my water and all I am losing is my hair.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Thanks everyone. My inches have stayed pretty much the same also, so, I guess I've just stalled a little...but not plateaued. I'm going to stop looking backward and start looking forward again and hope that they increase in the coming weeks.
I had 2 weeks in a row that I lost .2 and .6 respectively. I didn't consider it a stall. I figured it was all part of the process and knew that on MOST diets, that's what I'd be losing EVERY week!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote