Weight Loss Support - Get Me Out Of The 170's/160's/150's Part 2

Moving Forward
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I've started the new thread here. I hope everyone finds it!

Anyone who would like to jump in is welcome. Basically, we've just been chatting, ranting at our scales, celebrating our successes and supporting each other on the Get Me Out Of The 170's/160's/150's thread.

Stars
01-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Hi Moving Forward! So glad I found this new thread!

I am weighing in at 148.8 today! Feels so good to finally get out of the 150's. I have to wonder if it's water weight I am losing since I was 151 the other day. The jump tells me it's water weight, especially because I just started low carb. But that's ok! I will take that. I just wish I could notice the difference physically. I think that's one of the hardest part, well, stalling actually tops the list. At least now I can say "Get me out of the 140's!"

mimsyborogoves
01-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Got in the 150s today! Hooooray!

CleverName
01-18-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm up a couple of lbs- some of my diet restrictions have come off this week, and I've been 'celebrating'. And my little guy seems to be doing fine with these foods being re-introduced into my diet, so thats great. :)

Now I need to get focussed and get ready to be in my bff's wedding in June! My little guy will be 1 in June, so that would be a nice time to be healthy and fit by as well. :)

angieand2girls
01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Congrats Stars and Lauren for reaching new milestones!

My clothes have been fitting even better than last week so it's making me excited to step on the scale come Monday morning. OMG, what if I'm closer to 165 than I think? That would be awesome!! What I would give to be in the 150's like you ladies! Aaaaah!! Slowy but surely :)

angieand2girls
01-19-2013, 07:45 PM
I completely forgot that I have a fitness assessment at the gym tomorrow morning. They will be doing bf%, blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, etc. I will have to step on the scale so I'll get a weight a day early and finally get to update my ticker.

How is everyone?

HappyHoliday
01-19-2013, 07:54 PM
I was in a funk for about two weeks. Think I'm over it? Not sure... Today was ok.
May not be weighing myself til Feb

stimkovs
01-20-2013, 08:44 AM
we finished a thread? THATS AWESOME.

i hope everybody is doing well- I am definitely here, now featuring internet access. But still couchless. SERIOUSLY?? But that's a whole other story.

Things are still a little bit stressfull after the move, but I am trying to settle into a routine. My goal for this week is to still to calories between now, and Thursday!

angieand2girls
01-20-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm in the 160's!!! And the low 160's at that! It was a great day at the gym today. I had an assessment done and my numbers came out beautiful...including the number on the scale. I can't BELIEVE I'm this close to seeing a 150 something. 8 years in the making (tear). :)

dstalksalot
01-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Still fighting to stay in the 150's....I am at 160 this week thanks to TOM and awful cravings. In fact staying in my 1300-1500 calorie range has been quite difficult since Christmas. I expect to drop a pound or two of water weight but I was hoping for a bit more.

Aileen
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Is it really possible to get out of these decades?! I was 149.9 once in 2011. Then I let it slip for some reason.

stimkovs
01-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Looks a little quiet.

How are all of you holding up?

My life is regulating a little bit. I have a full fridge of healthy choices, and lots of cooked food. Here's to a beautiful week!

Fluffypuppy
01-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Hello new thread. I am one pound away from leaving the 160's behind

Dstalksalot I have been struggling to stay on plan too. Had a really good week the first week after New Years then slacked off.

Angie wtg!

Stimkovs did you go to a new town or just a new house? They say moving is one of the most stressful things you can do so you're doing great!

Mer du Japon
01-21-2013, 03:43 AM
After 14 years, for the first time I am in the 140's! 149 today :) So I'm moving on from this thread, good luck to everyone! Keep it up!

CleverName
01-21-2013, 03:53 AM
I saw a high number on the scale this morning.
I'm wanting to go to the gym- between sleep deprivation, a husband who is also sleep deprived and working multiple jobs, studying, and normally out of the house by 6:30 am, finding time to get there is hard. We (dh and I) just need to decide its happening, otherwise it won't.
Anyway- I have decided that I would like to start counting calories. The only problem is that I have no idea how to do it- I'll have to look into that and figure it out. :)

angieand2girls
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Angie wtg!

Thank You!

Today has been going good so far. I did Turbo Fire HIIT 15, and ate a nice sized meal (I'm still hungry lol). I'm giving myself until July 1st to get to 150 lbs. That's 3 pounds a month starting February 1st. I remember my doctor telling me once that my goal should be 2 lbs a month...that changes shouldn't have to be drastic. I'm going to TRY to follow that principle from this point on.

mimsyborogoves
01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm kinda mad cause that little random upward surge kinda set me back a little bit. I was hoping to be in the mid 150s by now, but we can't have everything we want, right? I was checking myself out in the mirror while I was weight lifting though; for once I actually felt TINY. I swear sometimes I look at myself and feel like I still weigh 240, but then I have times like today and I'm like "Good lord, you're skinny!!"

My arms are still bothering me. They look so disproportionate to the rest of my body, I feel like. I'm scared surgery's the only thing that's gonna make my wings go away. :(

stimkovs
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
fluffypuppy- thank you! I actually moved only 20 kms from my parents house (15miles, ish??) downtown, to a beautiful loft. It's actually a lot less stressfull then living at home after not living there for 5 years! Almost everything has settled, except my couch is currently missing in action (in the process of getting shipped to me because I would go out and buy a rediculous couch ha ha).

Mer du Japon- youre doing SO GREAT. have you not powered through like, 20 lbs in the duration of this tread??that's awesome!

Clevername- you can do it! you lose weight in the kitchen, it's okay that you don't always make it to the gym! as for the counting calories- i use Sparkpeople.com. you should check it out!

mimsy- who cares? i mean really? you're tiny, we all have imperfections- love them! surgery is so drastic!

racrane
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Can I join? I am now officially in the 170s, 178. It's good to read everyone's stories.

Moving Forward
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Can you believe I started this thread but didn't subscribe to it? I've been looking for it, but it wasn't coming up in any of my searches. I was so thrilled to see it under today's posts. Yay! I thought out little group had gone away.

Sophie-what the heck happened to your couch? That's kinda weird. I'm guessing that will really make your house feel like home. Good for you for the fridge full of healthy food!

Mimsyborogoves--You are tiny! And isn't weight lifting amazing? Enjoy the new bod. I know how you feel though. I repeatedly have a disconnect between my body image and my image in the mirror these days. I love realizing I'm actually thinner than I feel.

Angieand2girls--TurbofireHIIT sounds awesome! Good for you. The thought of anything with high intensity in the name makes me want to go sit on the couch. :dizzy:

CleverName--I agree with Stimkovs that you really lose weight in the kitchen. You'll feel good if you can schedule in the gym though. I do all my exercise at home because physically getting to a gym doesn't work for me. I just switched to MyFitnessPal to count calories and love it.

Mer Du Japon--Bye! I'm 149 too, but I'm not going anywhere. This is such a lovely group. I hope nobody minds! You're welcome to stay if you wish.

FluffyPuppy--160 will soon be in the rear view mirror!

Aileen--Yes! Stick with it!

Dstalksalot--Hang in there. It'll get better. TOM plays nasty mean tricks!

HappyHoliday--I hope you're feeling better. Funks suck!

I've been doing well and the scale is even giving subtle hints I may have broken through my plateau. For three days in a row I've been below the 150's. I'm refusing to believe it yet because I've been disappointed before. The weight lifting is going really well. I'm loving it. Today, I've felt this morning's workout all day. The only problem is that it is making me very hungry, even the next day. I'm saying close to my calories, but eating back all of my exercise calories.

Be well everyone! I'm glad I've found you all again!

Moving Forward
01-21-2013, 11:12 PM
For anybody who remembers my story about the blue pants--here they are!

Moving Forward
01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Racrane--Of course you can join! Welcome! You were apparently posting while I was writing my very long post so I didn't see you come through.

Fluffypuppy
01-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Moving Forward -- you are so awesome. A word to everyone!

Racrane -- I'm pretty new to this thread too. Glad you found us.

Mimsy -- don't you wish we could choose where the weight comes off? All my weight is around my waist but I think I lost a little from the rib cage. Not helpful!

CleverName -- I second the suggestion to check out MyFitnessPal for calorie counting. LoseIt is also good.

Stimkovs -- glad you are enjoying your new space. Are you living alone? I live alone but my brother is right upstairs. I see him surprisingly little though. I would actually like more company, most days. Living alone has deffininate benefits though.

Angie -- 3 lbs/month is a good goal. You can do it!

Oh and Moving Forward -- love the pants.

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me. I'm hoping to see the other side of 160 (below) but I don't feel hopeful as I only lost half a pound last week. I know weight loss isn't linear but the last six weeks I have lost two pounds/week and felt like I could detect a small change in the mirror and clothing fit. This week I didn't notice anything which makes me pessimistic.

mimsyborogoves
01-22-2013, 12:05 AM
mimsy- who cares? i mean really? you're tiny, we all have imperfections- love them! surgery is so drastic!

Lol you tell me how many people you know love bat wings! I just feel like it makes me look awkward. Like I don't care about anything other imperfection as much as that one because I can hide the other with clothes. I can hide my bat wings now with long sleeves, but when it gets warmer they're gonna stand out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of my body. I don't wanna be a skinny girl with fat girl arms!

I'm glad the rest of you are doing well though! Love those blue pants, Moving Forward!

HappyHoliday
01-22-2013, 08:59 AM
I faced the scale this morning. I'm up 5 pounds (151.6) but better than being up 8 pounds which is what the scale read about a week ago.
I'd like those two weeks back.
I'd like to have not gained 5 pounds.
But I am moving forward. (Hi MovingForward!)

Fluffypuppy
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
I did it! I'm below 160! Ok, only by half a pound but hey, it's something. Mini goal by next week? Maybe!

Mimsy-- I hear ya. You can't deny though that you're in a lot better shape than when the arms actually matched the rest of your body. One problem area is better than eight. Maybe a session with a trainer could give you some tips? I don't know what your exercise regime consists of so ignore that if it doesn't match up with what you are doing.

Happyholiday moving onwards and downwards is all you can do. You will get those five lbs back and soon it'll just be a small blip in the rear view mirror.

LockItUp
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Just kind of stalking and wanted to say MOVING FORWARD you look HOT and TINY!!!! Love those pants!!!!

I started the original thread when I was in the 160s, I'm proud it was maxed out and a new one had to be started!!!

PaintedPonies
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Hoorah! I'm back in the 160s!!
I weighed in at 169.1 this morning before a 40 min workout a breakfast of fruit and oatmeal.

I'm so happy :carrot:
I'm going to celebrate a little bit more before I get excited about getting into the 150s :)

stimkovs
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
stephanie- holy 20 lbs batman, right? you've done so well- i'm so proud!

happyholidays- it's only 5 lbs, i bet they are water weight too!

mimsy- i totally have fat girl arms, it's really funny. because i look really soft generally, since yoga muscle is built differently then muscle from lifting, then ill do something that needs me to flex an arm, or another weird moment where muscles ripple and i usually get a lot of WHOA WHERE'D THAT COME FROM. i think the arms will go away with time! honestly, 3 years down the line, and having regained a little, my tummy is getting tighter then ever! that was also the problem part.

fluffypuppy- i definitely live alone, i lived alone for 5 years, and then with my parents for the last 8 or so months, which caused a pretty large regain and some stress lol. why do you find that you get lonely? i find that i just get down time to do things like read or hang out !! good luck on your weigh in!!

moving forward- couch was a custom made peice from a place called EQ3 (google it) - it's the "stella" piece. long story short, it was made in winnipeg, and is supposed to get shipped here on a freight, but they are taking FOREVER!!
ps THE PANTS LOOK AWESOME!! YOU'RE SO TINY.

-----------
so far so good- looks like things are still regulating. im scared of the scale, but definitely feeling better!! 2 more days to meet my goal to be clean till thursday!! woohooo.

Moving Forward
01-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the nice compliments everyone! I'm having trouble accepting compliments for some reason during this whole weight loss process. I know, weird, right? I definitely don't understand that dynamic. I'm generally pretty humble and understated. I think that's the problem. I also still want to pinch myself sometimes to make sure I'm actually in this new body and not dreaming. Enough about my psychological quirks.

Sofie--The Stella sofa is very nice! What color are you getting? Looks like your style will be pretty modern. I'm so thrilled for you to be close to your clean eating goal! I love goals like that where you have more control than the number on the scale. Keep it up!

PaintedPonies--Congratulations! :carrot:

Stephanie--Thanks! Hot and tiny! That's mighty high praise. I'm not sure I feel that way yet, but it would be great to grow into it. It was nice to see you show up here. Your thread has been great!

FluffyPuppy--Welcome to the 150's! :carrot:

HappyHoliday--Hi! I agree with what FluffyPuppy said. You'll get past those few pounds before you know it.

Mimsyborogoves--I know how you feel about your arms. Mine look ok, but I'm looking at a stomach pooch that I have my doubts will ever go away.

Fluffypuppy
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Stimkovs--I just get bored and lonely I don't know why. I work from home and I don't go out alot so I might go days without human contact. But it's nice to be in control of how you spend your time.

Moving Forward--Do compliments make you feel embarrassed? You have worked hard for them! Is it because you think you get too many compliments? You deserve it!

Painted Ponies--wtg!

LockitUp--I love this thread!

Moving Forward
01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
FluffyPuppy--I don't get myself sometimes. :dizzy: I think part of me has always had a "fraud" complex. Like if they only knew the truth about me... I guess I just don't feel like I deserve the compliments or something. Yes, rationally I know I've worked hard and deserve every darn one of those compliments. As I also said, I'm not one to intentionally draw a lot of attention to myself and I've been getting LOTS of attention for my weight loss lately. Call me crazy!:D

Stars
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
I went off my diet for one day a few days ago so I am afraid to get on the scale. I really ate alot! For the last 2 days I have been back on track. I am hoping that off diet day I had helped get me off of a stall I think I was on. Anyway, not planning to weigh in until Friday. Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*

stimkovs
01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Moving forward- spoke too soon. got the sofa (thank you!! it's the steel/onyx grey one- standard model). ended up face first in the fridge though. not like, 4000 calories of candy, but still not great.

fluffypuppy- i see your point, i'm like a fake extrovert, i work in a team environment, with very social people, i ride the public transportation with people, i go to yoga, with people, and text/call/otherwise communicate with friends daily. i NEED the alone time lol

my issue right now, is im afraid of the scale. i am absolutely petrified. i mean, logical me knows that i need to know to fix it (if there's much fixing to do- i know i haven't gained significanly, im fit, but i would like to be losing again). but other logical, and realistic me knows that no matter what happens, it's going to cause a binge. i'm still trying to stay away. AHH.

Moving Forward
01-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Stars and Sofie--Both of you step away from the scales. Neither of you needs to go there right now. Just keep yourselves focused on good habits and everything will work out.

Sofie--Very nice choice in couches. I hope it's comfy and you enjoy it.

--------
I've been in a funky funk today. Tomorrow will be a new day and a good night's sleep will do me well. The good news is I only ate 1000 calories today (which I know is too low), but that allows me to cycle up a bit tomorrow. I could've eaten more tonight, but I'm feeling satisfied. I talked about it with my hubby and we both agreed there is no point in eating when I'm satisfied and every bit I've put in my mouth today was nutritious. MyFitnessPal scolded me for eating too little, but she's not in charge. Ha!

CleverName
01-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Ugh, I just wrote personals for everyone, then hit the forward button and lost them all! I hate it when I do that!

So- Everyone seems to be doing pretty well, congratulations on your small and big accomplishments!

I added a new Avatar, so y'all can see me and my little man. He is just 7 months old now. I'd love to be at my main (ie realistic) weight loss goal of 125 by his birthday.

I just keep thinking to myself when I want to eat junk- 'Do you want to be big? Do you want to rock that MOH dress?'
For those of you who don't know, one of my bff's asked me to be her Matron of Honour, and I am very excited! It was a bit of a surprise for me, and I definitely feel honoured. :p

CleverName
01-24-2013, 04:02 AM
Do you guys think 30 lbs in 5 months is realistic, or not quite? I am doubtful. I am nursing my little guy, so I need to be aware of that too.

HappyHoliday
01-24-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm in bed.
Just used my phone to turn off my alarm and check the temperature.
It's 3 degrees.F

stimkovs
01-24-2013, 07:01 PM
happy holidays- it's -20 CELSIUS here. trade ya for 3.

cleaver name- i think that 30 lbs would be realistic if you were exceptionally overweight, but you're really not. are you focused on size? or numbers? i think size is often what we are seeking. I use this story all the time- but as of this morning (i weighted..woo) i am 183.4. This is overweight by BMI for somebody of my height. I wear a size 8, and have a 29.5 inch waist, my tops range from a medium to a small. how? i exercise. i mean, 30 lbs COULD be doable, but why set yourself up for potential disappointment? i think if you focus on a healthy lifestyle, everything else will just fall into place.

-----
no studio for me today, i am frozen, and eating kind of weird today. i decided to do a little furniture re-arranging and general "cozying" of my place. i didn't go to the studio yesterday, not going today, and not going tomorrow. instead, i am going to drinks after work tomorrow. this is why i try to take days off VERY rarely. it's very hard to go back. even after 1 day. 183.4 on the scale this morning, after a lot of food last night- so i am generally feeling okay, but as mentioned, it is COLD here, so just getting a little down in the dumps about that- otherwise life is good.

hopefully its a little warmer for the rest of you!

Moving Forward
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi there everyone! Happy Thursday. TGIF! I woke up today and my funky funk was gone. Such a better day. I'm feeling bad for all of you who are freezing. We were complaining here about a few scattered showers, but our high was 63F. Kinda puts it all in perspective.

CleverName--I've lost 30 pounds in 5 months so it is doable. However, you are not very heavy at this point so I have my doubts that is realistic for you. I agree with Sofie that said about focusing on size rather than a number is what's important.

Sofie--You sound like you are tiny! You are always hard on yourself. I think you should feel pretty darn good about what you've done. I'm guessing you have lots of muscle. Have fun tomorrow night. I'm going for girls night out tomorrow. Going to remember this time that I don't weigh what I used to when I'm ordering drinks. :p

Moving Forward
01-24-2013, 09:22 PM
I meant to say TGIF tomorrow. I assume you all figured that out already. :dizzy:

CleverName
01-25-2013, 05:02 AM
Stimkovs & Moving Forward- thanks for the advice. Its not necessarily the number that I'm going after, its just that I know how I look at 125 (well, that was before having 3 kids, so things would be a bit different now I assume), and I know what is needed to maintain that weight, so thats why I'm thinking in numbers. I would like to be at least a sz 8 for my bff's wedding in June. Right now, I'm a sz 10/12. 12's are loose, 10's fit like a glove. At least a Gap sz 10/12. :)

Stimkovs- An inside day moving furniture around and making things cozy sounds really nice. :)
I had to look up the conversion from celsius to fahrenheit, I was curious. 3 F is -16 C, lol- so you and Happy Holiday are pretty much in the same boat. :)

We've been enjoying some balmy weather this month, the opposite of January 2012- last year, it was -25 to -45 all month. (That's -13 to -49 F for everyone's reference). It was bitter cold. This winter has been funny, its been alternating between cold snaps of -35 (-31 F) and then a week of -5 ish (23 F). I have thoroughly enjoyed the 'warmer' weather. Spring arrives in May here, I look forward to it!

Moving Forward- High of 63! That's summer weather here! I'm not kidding you, that really is a summer temperature. Glad to hear that you had a better day, hope Friday is great! :)

stimkovs
01-25-2013, 07:09 AM
WELL THEN. the scale never leads to good things. in fact, i still feel sick. but i guess it's time to pack it in, and start again.

moving forward- thank you- but i am large boned, i will always be large, and i've gained back about 15 lbs (and maintained them on lol) since my lowest. my UGW is 164 which is my "normal" weight as per bmi. My lowest was in april, at 168. unfortunately, i have now taken a step further and quit smoking- which ..you know... makes me eat everything in the world, alongside previous binging issues.

back on the pony today- mindful eating, and mindful drinking. i just need to get my head back in the game. that's all. that's my only issue.

HappyHoliday
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Wishing everyone an excellent weekend!
I'm planning to do my taxes (excitement!) and attend a house party.
Not much else happening as it's still cold (not as cold as Canada).
I expect a lot of indoor cleaning and movie watching!

stimkovs
01-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Good Morning Chickies!!
I hope everybodies weekend is off to a great start!

I had 2 glasses of wine last night (WOOHOO) and generally was good- I am exceptionally proud of yesterday.

I woke up early, and energized this morning, I ran C25K W3D1 + another 10 min straight at 5.0 on the treadmill, and will be at one week smoke free (again) as of tonight.

I am going to make some quick oats, eat them, and head out to do some yoga.

Have a beautiful Saturday, and make it a good one!

Moving Forward
01-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Good morning everyone!

I had a great time at girls night out last night. According to my estimations in MFP, I was only over my calorie budget by 696 calories. :devil: That's really ok with me though because I had been low a few days this week and every bite was worth it. Sometimes cheat days are really good for the spirit.

I need to do my weight lifting this morning. I'm still mustering up the motivation, but know I'll get there.

CleverName--What a cute little guy you've got there! Those cheeks look super kissable! Can you tell I love babies? Lol

Sofie--You are on it today! Can I borrow just a bit of your energy to get myself going? :)

HappyHoliday--Stay warm and enjoy the weekend.

Stars
01-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Well, I took the jump and got on the scale today. It went from 145.4 to 146 with the average being 145.6. My scale tends to change so I have to get on it a few times to get an average. Hmm, I will say 146 just to play it safe. So glad to see the scale numbers finally moving down again! 26 more pounds to go, but I think when I get to my goal, I am going to try to go down a little lower, maybe 5 or 10 extra pounds. But anyway, yay!

stimkovs
01-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Moving Forward- you're more then welcome to help yourself to some of the energy- positive energy does in fact bring positive energy! Did you muster up the motivation to lift some weights?

Stars- Congrats on the scale moving down!

------

No scale, but after 2 workouts yesterday, I now remember what a full body sore feels like. Went to the studio very early this morning, I feel good. Going to indulge in some wine later tonight, trying to restrain myself from over-working and trying to sqeeze a run in tonight. I actually have a new goal. It is to do 3 runs a week/4 yogas with 1 complete day off. That only gives me 1 overlap day (a weekend). Meaning, tomorrow should be a run day- this is actually scaling down exercise, but working different muscle groups. i am hoping to stick to it and register for my first 5k once the weather gets a little warmer. I just have to really watch my food, and after yesterdays little, double encore I am STARVING.

I did discover a delicious new snack though- 100gm s of 1% cottage cheese over some cucumber. yum yum yum.

Moving Forward
01-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Stars--Congrats!

Sofie--You are doing great with the execise! Since I've started weight lifting, cottage cheese has been a new go-to food for me for the protein. I'll have to try it with cucumbers. That's getting added to the grocery list right now.
---------
This has been a great weekend as far as my social life goes. You all know I did girls night out on Friday, but yesterday my friend and I spontaneously decided to do dinner and a movie. We did drinks and appetizers. There was nothing light on the menu so I just enjoyed. Well, the scale reflects all of my naughtiness today. Sigh.... But I have no regrets. I'll just jump back on the plan today.

cactusflower7
01-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone... I'm new...brand spanking new. This board is amazing with all the support going around. Hopefully I can get some and give some. I'm doing weight watchers and initially I reached my 5% goal but then I gained it and then some. I weigh in Saturday mornings and yesterday was disastrous!!!! I obviously need more support through the week. Anyway there's my mini story in a nutshell!
Way to go everyone on your successes!!!:carrot:

Stars
01-28-2013, 03:26 PM
moving forward, thanks so much!

cactusflower, WW is a really good program. You will do really well. It's ok that Saturday didn't go too well, it happens to the best of us! Welcome to the boards!

Moving Forward
01-28-2013, 11:14 PM
I just realized I forgot the cucumbers at the grocery store. Ugh! I was hoping to try Sofie's cottage cheese/cucumber snack. Next week I guess. I was feeling great this morning, then randomly jacked my back when I sat in my car. I've been walking around all day with a stiff neck. So tonight I didn't workout like I had planned. My hubby (wisely) pointed out how it could be counterproductive and it's not like I'm training for the big race. So smart. I'm not sure why this weight loss journey makes me so uptight and regimented sometimes. On the flip side, I think that accounts for some of my success so far.

Welcome Cactusflower7! This is a great forum for support.

Fluffypuppy
01-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi everyone! I lost track of this thread somehow.

I had a horrible week eating-wise including two days way over plan but somehow I maintained so still 159.5.

I am a part-time musician and had an eight hour event on Saturday. 2 hrs traveling, a dress rehearsal and a concert. I didn't think to pack food so when the orchestra ordered pizza I couldn't resist. I was stressed about leaving my dogs for so long and so I was not only hungry but tense so of course I ate way more than I should have. But even so that wasn't the worst day. My brother is a full time musician and had an album release on Wednesday. Before his show we nt out to dinner and I had way too much dessert. Then there was yesterday when I just felt like quitting and totally binged. So it's a miracle I maintained. I am not too upset with that!

Now I think it is out of my system. I was really successful with my eating today for the first time in a couple weeks. I was just barely losing there for a while, about half a pound a week. I'm hoping for 1.5 this week and reaching my mini goal of 158 (no longer obese) next weigh in day (Tues).

stimkovs
01-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Moving Forward- big bad bonus points for your hubby. You're right, weight loss does make you regimented, and obsessive. The thing is, you miss out on other things around you, or it becomes counter productive to your goals. Since most of the weight is in fact lost in the kitchen, I don't think you should worry about skipping a workout (wish I could listen to my own advice here lol). The cucumbers will still be there next week! Maybe it will have some tweaks by then- keep you posted! I am just being "creative" because I got a really nice raincheck for some individually packaged nordica cottage cheese. Like, 2$ off a 4-pack (I got 12 of them), Yes, I love cottage cheese lol.

Fluffypuppy- it's okay to eat a little too much sometimes. I have found that the key to successfull maintaining is not to completely derail, but to jump back on track after "indulgences".

------

I am doing well, the scale is doing some funny stuff- but I feel good which is the most important. I am actually trying to scale back on the yoga a little bit, as I feel like it was becoming a little obsessive. I would like to stick to 4-5 times a week and be okay with that, without feeling "bad" for skipping a day. Yesterday, I ran. Started out with the c25k w4, and then ended up doing 3.1 miles in intervals. WOHOOO. Today is yoga day, and I am excited!

Fluffypuppy
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Stimkovs-- thanks. That's what I did and was down half a pound this morning! More firmly in the 150's now.

Sounds like the yoga scale-back is a good call.

CleverName
01-31-2013, 04:00 AM
Hey everyone,
I've been having a tough time with eating, and I've gained a few pounds.
I had what I think is a bit of a breakthrough today though- I spoke to my dr about my binge problem that I've had on and off for the past 1.5 years.
It feels really good to have spoken to someone about it, it makes me feel accountable, which helps me to not want to binge.
This is very new to me, speaking/posting about binging. But its a problem that I want to be gone.
The rest of the day was a pretty good day. I hope tomorrow is a great day. :)

stimkovs
01-31-2013, 07:25 AM
Clevername- that's great that you spoke to your dr about it! what did they say? Did they suggest anything? I tried to tell my doctor, and she didn't take me seriously, which was a whole different issue.

-----
I have had a couple of really bad eating days, but I did register for my first 5 k EVER on St. Patricks day! So, I have changed up my goals a little bit. I would like to run atleast 3x a week, and do yoga atleast 3x a week, right now, I feel a little exhausted from calorie counting, so I will try this new theory- 3 meals, 3 snacks. That's it, then the kitchen is closed. I'll keep you posted!

HappyHoliday
01-31-2013, 07:58 AM
I accidentally got on the scale!
I was getting dressed and absentmindedly/by past habit got on the scale.
I've gained 16.4 pounds.
In three weeks.
Yes this is true.
Yes this can happen.
Really mad at myself.

CleverName
01-31-2013, 06:27 PM
Sofie- I'm sorry that your dr didn't take you seriously. How could they not? That's really horrible. :(
Congrats on signing up for a 5k, sounds like fun! I'm interested to see how your new plan goes!

My dr was great, I don't think it could have gone better. :) We talked about why I'm doing it, what I've done so far to stop, some triggers, etc. She thanked me for trusting her.

I still have to tell my husband, I would like to when all the kids are in bed, and that didn't happen last night- he had to go to bed because he had a morning flight this am, and our teething 7 month old was still up. I will try very hard to make it happen tonight. My hubby and I have an awesome relationship, we've been married for nearly 9 years (Wow, that makes me feel old!), we are best friends, and we don't have secrets. So for me to have not told him about this is pretty major, at least in my eyes.

HappyHoliday- I understand being mad at yourself, but try to use this to get back on track. Can you remind me why you were avoiding the scale? Were you taking a break from weight loss?

Moving Forward
02-01-2013, 03:01 AM
CleverName--I think talking about your binging will take some of the power and shame away that's associated with it. Good for you! Your husband sounds like he will be a good support for you.

Sofie--That was a definite oversight on your doctor's part. What a great opportunity she missed to get you support. My guess is that most doctors aren't well trained in how to help patients with weight issues. I was teeter tottering into obesity and mine never mentioned my weight once. I only got this shocking letter in the mail supposedly from her (but I'm sure it was a form letter sent to thousands of overweight patients in my HMO) inviting me to pay for a very expensive medical weight loss program. I found out later it was basically Medifast and the program cost $5000! Good for you for signing up for the 5K. What is c25k w4? I've never heard of that. Also, please keep me posted on an brilliant twists you come up with for cottage cheese. I love the stuff and need the protein since I'm weight lifting. I just wished it had more bulk for the calorie bang.

HappyHoliday--Step away from that mean scale! In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your gain. These things happen. Get back at it.

FluffyPuppy--I'm glad to hear things are not as bad for you as they could be. What instrument do you play? I'm sure my face would've been in that pizza box in the same situation too!

----------
After last weekend, I've been practically angelic this week. I saw a tiny loss this morning, but it went away when I moved the scale a few inches. So basically I have no idea if that loss was real or not. Ugh. I'm glad it's officially Friday (12:00am!). I seriously need the weekend. I'm doing well otherwise.

cactusflower7
02-01-2013, 06:00 AM
moving forward, thanks so much!

cactusflower, WW is a really good program. You will do really well. It's ok that Saturday didn't go too well, it happens to the best of us! Welcome to the boards!
Thank you Stars! I know WW is great and works...when you follow it! lol. I have been tracking this week but haven't been staying within my allotted points. I've worked out a few times this week to try and off set the recent gain...I'll find out tomorrow morning if it helped lol!
I just realized I forgot the cucumbers at the grocery store. Ugh! I was hoping to try Sofie's cottage cheese/cucumber snack. Next week I guess. I was feeling great this morning, then randomly jacked my back when I sat in my car. I've been walking around all day with a stiff neck. So tonight I didn't workout like I had planned. My hubby (wisely) pointed out how it could be counterproductive and it's not like I'm training for the big race. So smart. I'm not sure why this weight loss journey makes me so uptight and regimented sometimes. On the flip side, I think that accounts for some of my success so far.

Welcome Cactusflower7! This is a great forum for support.
Thank you Moving! These seems like just the kind of board I need! I wanted to post sooner but I just have been able to get around to it!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!!! :woohoo:

mimsyborogoves
02-01-2013, 10:44 AM
I really wish my body would do what I want it to! I feel like I'm so far from my goal yet so close. I know it's just fluctuation but it just seems like my weight is CRAWLING off. I've only lost 3lbs since Christmas. I hope the next month produces better results or I'm gonna go nuts. I'm gonna have to be perfect the entire month or I don't think I'm gonna get anywhere near where I want to be. It's so overwhelming. -sigh-

Moving Forward
02-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Welcome Amandie! Of course there's room for one more!

Mimsyborogoves (Lauren seems much easier. I might just start calling you that!)--I hear you on the frustration with your weight loss being at a crawl. I've been 95% on plan and have only registered about a 1.5 pound loss since Christmas. And with normal fluctuations and movement of my scale, some days I don't even see that weight. It's maddening, isn't it? We are both closer to our goals. I'm guessing that's what we are up against.

Cactusflower--Thinking good thoughts that the exercise paid off for you.
-----------

I'm not sure how this weekend will go food wise. I'm going to a Superbowl party and have already been told there is going to be a lot of junk food. Plus, there's always alcohol. I'm thinking I may need a repeat of the plan I used at the holidays. I'll make tomorrow a low calorie day and Sunday a higher calorie day. Plus, I'll IF in the morning to bank up all of my calories for the party. Sorry to think out loud, but now I feel much better about the whole thing. :dizzy:

gagalu
02-02-2013, 04:35 AM
finally got out of the 160s last week! i'd been maintaining there for about 6 months, so jumping back into the game has felt pretty nice.

stimkovs
02-02-2013, 08:21 AM
frustrating week over here.

apparently i now binge eat cottage cheese? yup. i have eaten everything and the fridge handle this week. I registered 3 runs in the past week, and 1 (about to become 2 yoga outings), as well as 3 binges. COOL BEANS.

Having a slow week, and getting back on the pony.

It's funny, because this isn't even about loss anymore (unfortunately) since I still have about 20 lbs to go, but right now, it's about keeping it off and not binging. I am actually alsolutely funny on the eating, until a little teeny tiny switch goes off in my brain and i become eat-a-saurus-rex.
ha

Moving Forward- there are tonnes of twists on cottage cheese! both as meals, and as snacks. over any fruit you can think, mixed in with half a cup of oatmeal. spaghetti squash, shrimp, pasta sauce and cottage cheese. the list can go for days!

cactusflower- WW is a great program! i used to do the one before the current one, and it worked phenomenally. i started having problems/went off it when the fruits because "free" since i LOVE fruits and can eat them all day, i stopped losing. although i have been considering trying it again.

Lauren- gradual weight loss is better then gradual weight gain, is it not? you're doing great! and you're tiny! keep it up girl!

mimsyborogoves
02-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Moving Forward, and anyone else, you can totally call me Lauren! That's why I put my name up there. ;)

I tell you what, I don't feel tiny. The scale has decided it's gonna sit at 159 for the time-being I guess, and it's so frustrating and maybe it's just me, but I've been feeling so fat lately despite my efforts to stay on plan and exercise. I've exercised more in the past couple weeks than I have since Thanksgiving, and I guess my body is just like, "What is THIS noise?!" Nothing's making the scale budge, and I just want to feel good about my body and I don't. I want to feel sexy, and I don't. -sigh-

I'm so ready for the day when I can look in the mirror and be totally satisfied with what I see.

Fluffypuppy
02-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Stimkovs--remember in Forrest Gump where Bubba lists all the ways to prepare shrimp? That's what you reminded me of with your cottage cheese. I have probably seen that movie 100 times. It is my favorite.

Mimsyborogoves--sorry to hear about your roadblock. Surely you'll get some results soon! Don't think about having to be perfect for a month. Someone on 3fc recently told me to think small picture when I was crying about having a year to go and it made me feel better. And I know you're Lauren but I love your handle so much I had to use it. And the mome raths outgrabe! (boy auto correct did not like that one!)

Gagalu--welcome to the 150's!

Amandie--were you away from the forum? If so welcome back

Moving Forward--sounds like you know what you're doing for the Super Bowl party. You have been there, done that. I hope you have a great time

I am feeling anxious tonight. Tomorrow work is gonna be long with many tricky situations. I had to quit working full time because of anxiety but I still see clients at home a few days a week (I'm a dog groomer.) tomorrow my first dog has a problem with attacking other dogs but I am going to have my own dogs on the premises. I can't put them in another room cuz the grooming studio is at the back of the apartment and you have to walk through all the other rooms to get there. I will put them in the bathroom until the client's dog is on the table but then I have to let them out or they will bark continuously. I also worry about them getting into the bathroom cupboard where there are cleaning products. So much anxiety, so little time.

Stars
02-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Cheated again. For 2 days straight. Felt good to be honest. Then stuck with my diet 3 days, today is the 4th Got on the scale, the scale went down, yay! It might of been because of the time of that month just came and left but either way, just so glad to see the numbers going down. Can't wait until I get into the 130's.

Moving Forward
02-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Stars--You're moving in the right direction! That's great. And even with cheating. You lucky girl!

FluffyPuppy--You're username makes a lot of sense! Just reading about your first pooch today stressed me out! I hope it all goes well. I have often wondered how dog groomers do it. I'm sure most dogs are fine, but there's always those touchy ones. It has to be fulfilling work, though. There's nothing like a freshly bathed pooch. :)

Lauren--My scale's magic number is 150. I keep hoping that with consistency in sticking with the plan my plateau is going to break. I can't do anything more in terms of exercise and calorie restriction. I know your frustration. Seriously. :hug:

Sofie--Thanks for all the cottage cheese ideas. I just chopped up a banana with cottage cheese and loved it.

Gagalu--welcome to the 150's!
---------
Happy Superbowl day everyone! I live in the SF bay area, so watching the 49ers will be fun. I'm fasting until the party and then I'm just going to not worry about food for the rest of the day as long as I'm reasonable. I managed to come in 200 calories under budget yesterday, so that will help.

Stars
02-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Stars--You're moving in the right direction! That's great. And even with cheating. You lucky girl!

Thank you so much! I was tempted to cheat yesterday because my husband had all this fun food planned for the super bowl, lol
But I stuck with my eating plan and had an amazing chicken salad. It was so good, I plan on having another one today! lol

HappyHoliday
02-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Oooh
Great work everyone that stayed on track during Superbowl parties

stimkovs
02-04-2013, 09:00 PM
hello hello! just checking in! still alive, kicking, not really counting, but being good.

ran about 3.8 miles today on the treadmill- didn't count calories but i know i'm either at maintenance or slightly below, and that's before my 400+ calorie run

i cooked a pasta variation with spaghetti squash, ground turkey and brocolli and pasta sauce, a yummy sweet potato and ginger soup, and i have some 14% (oMG) sour cream in the fridge at work, which i plan to use a couple of tablespoons over a salad tomorrow (aka taco salad). i find that sometimes i have to alternate carb loads, healthy fats, and protein days, especially when i want to be as active as my schedule lays out, so as to not diverge into binges.

mimsyborogoves
02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I woke up this morning feeling really good. I forgot to weigh myself though, but I felt a lot lighter, less bloated and just all around a lot better than I have in a while. I feel like there might be some movement on the scale soon. I could even work out a lot longer today for some reason!

Superbowl Sunday wasn't awful but wasn't great; I kinda ate too many pigs in a blanket but managed to only go over about 200-250 calories, which I think is pretty good! The whole day was bad for me foodwise though. I went to work thinking I'd get off at 12, only to find out that my boss had changed around the schedule so that I wouldn't get off until 2. Naturally, I wasn't prepared for this, and so I didn't have any money for food (nor did I bring any food cause I thought I'd be home for lunch), so I ate an organic granola bar from Starbucks and drank some lowfat organic chocolate milk since I had a little bit of money left on my Starbucks card. That held me to the end of my shift, but for things so "healthy" they sure were calorie-heavy! But still, it only held me for so long and I was STARVING by the time I got home.

That's my weakness: letting myself get too hungry. I make bad choices when I'm ravenous. What would y'all have done in my situation?

avalonmoon
02-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Hey movingforward!! Can I jump in here too?
I'm trying so hard to flip the digits into onederland..
I made it to 201 but since that had Saturday/Sunday
hit me w/ horrid foods I allowed. The calories
wern't as bad as the fat so I bounced back to 204
today..I know I'll get it but I'm stuck in tyhe last
handful of 2!! digets...get me outta here. lol
So, I guess I need to talk w/ my will power.:dizzy:

**then again, maybe I'm too fat to be here..lol

Fluffypuppy
02-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Hey everybody! I survived work on Sunday even though my dogs busted out of the bathroom and my client bit one of them! I think she mostly bit fur though cuz there was no blood. Close call though.

Mimsy--good to hear you're feeling more positive!

Stimkovs--sounds delicious and that is a major run. Do you always do that distance?

Stars--wtg!

Moving Forward--sorry your team lost. Lol. I wanted them to win by way of being a Steelers fan and thus hating the Ravens. Hope you had a good time none the less. And thanks for the support. It is fulfilling but my enjoyment gets overshadowed by my anxiety issues.

Avalon--welcome to the thread. You will see onederland soon!

Moving Forward
02-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Avalonmoon--Heck ya! You are totally welcome to join! I wasn't even technically in the weight range when I started the thread. I just continued on a version of the thread's previous name. It probably needs a complete overhaul next time. Anyone have any bright ideas? By the way Avalonmoon, you have been impressing me on MFP! You are obviously a high energy and committed person. Onederland will be here soon for you.

FluffyPuppy--I'm so glad you survived work on Sunday. I'm wondering if a big dog kennel would do the trick to contain your dogs. That must have been a scary situation. I'm over the 49ers losing. I was really there more for the commercials than the game. :D

Lauren--I probably would have done exactly what you did if I was super hungry. Another thing I might have done was just fasted until the next meal and had some tea or a diet soda to tide me over. Those are tough situations! I'm so glad you felt lighter and better today! I need to come rub elbows with you. :)

Sofie--I would collapse and die if I tried to run 3.8 miles. That's awesome! You must be in amazing shape!

Stars--Good for you for not cheating on the Superbowl snacks!
---------------
Well, I fasted in the morning before the Superbowl and then just ate reasonably but freely during the party. I was about 560 calories over budget, but I'm OK with that considering I was 200 low the previous day. Plus, I've come to realize that I enjoy life much more when I'm able to relax and enjoy food once in a while. My team lost, but it's OK. It was a good game. I got in a great workout today and was a few hundred calories below budget. MyFitnessPal told me I would slightly surpass my goal in five weeks if every day were like today. Yeah, right! I'll believe that when I see it.

dstalksalot
02-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Lauren, I have been bouncing around 158-160 since Christmas with no real losses and I am very frustrated. There is only so low you can go. I am hoping consistency will win out in the end. I am trying to pretend I am maintaining and that puts me in a better mind frame. No gain and I'm good.

Think about the long haul and I think you will be fine.

stimkovs
02-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Lauren- stop being so hard on yourself! life threw you a curve ball, and you reacted. WELL. Things won't always work out how you have planned them, and you can't have a type A personality about it! Just roll with the punches and enjoy your time!

Avalonmom- ofcourse you're welcome! Soon you'll out-shrink this thread and won't know what hit you :P

Fluffypuppy- OH NO! I can't believe that actually happened!! Hope your dogs are okay! --- Yes I always run this distance! I do it in about 50 minutes with intervals (mostly running). I am hoping to make it to 3 solid at a flat incline, on a treadmill in the next couple of weeks so I can start practicing endurance outside.

----
New day, I ended up over eating some healthy stuff last night, ofcourse, but it's okay. I have this urge to weigh again, but holding off is probably the better idea. this is like a weekly ritual lol

stimkovs
02-06-2013, 07:27 AM
i am so annoyed with myself. I feet fat, and need to get back on plan, rather then, being "on plan" then going off plan and binging.

i guess here we go again.

Stars
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
stimkovs, I know how you feel! I with ya on this, I am doing the same thing.

I don't know what's with me. I have been cheating a lot lately. Well, I am really depressed for a variety of reasons so that could be what's getting me off track. Anyway, I will do good for a certain amount of days, then cheat. Like I cheated tonight. more like binge ate tonight. Got to get myself under control. I usually don't cheat more than a day, most recently I did 2 days in a row, but I get back on track. Anyone have any words of encouragement? I could really use some support right now. Im okay with this day of cheating, but I hate to keep doing it so often. Usually I have 1 or 2 cheat days a month when I am at a stall and it moves the scale. But I am not even on a stall.

CleverName
02-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Hi all,
I'm currently day 8 binge-free. I had another dr appointment today. She asked how I was doing, how things went with telling my husband, and if I'd like to see a dietician. She's going to refer me to one who specializes with eating disorders.
It's kinda mind-boggling to say these things out loud, for example in answering her questions, saying that I plan what I'm going to buy when I go to the grocery store before I buy it. Like, Oh my gosh, this really is not normal behaviour, this is a problem. I do think that I'm not too far into it, but it is still a problem. It'll be interesting to speak to the dietician.
I had a good day today, was under my calories for once. I need to focus on eating better, more 'whole' foods, less junk. I might just start drinking tea more often, maybe drinking an herbal tea will help with my sweet cravings, or at least distract me from them.

Stars- I'm not sure how to help, but maybe you need a different plan? If you're having lots of 'cheat days', then it doesn't seem your diet is working for you.

stimkovs
02-07-2013, 06:58 AM
stars- same issue. it's actually really de-motivating. like, i feel like sometimes i go over, and then throw caution to the winds and start consuming.

I have a personal challenge, with motivation right now- 7 days binge free. From today until next wednesday, and I will buy myself a pair of new jeans. I need new "work appropriate" jeans and havent bought any clothing since my trip to Michigan for new years, I think that will be a really nice reward. I just find it annoying because I don't even have an opportunity to buckle down for more then a couple of days, there is food, EVERYWHERE but I just reached my red line this morning- so it's time. I feel BIGGER, but the funny thing is, I am in the best physical shape of my life. Weird.

Moving Forward
02-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Stars and Sofie--Sorry to hear about the binging. For some reason, I've been so hungry lately. Thankfully I'm not a binger, but I can easily see how this happens. You might want to step back and see if you can identify any triggers. It might be easier to avoid the trigger situations altogether (if possible) to head off the binges before they start. When I get really hungry, I am using herbal tea. And in a weird way it works to tamp down the cravings and gives me something yummy to ingest. Sofie, good luck with your challenge. Sounds like a good one. Clothes are always super motivating for me.

CleverName--I'm glad to hear your doctor made that referral. It sounds like a good one. Be sure to share any words of wisdom she gives. We can probably all benefit.
---------------
I weighed myself before dinner tonight and saw a new low. I'm excited to see what happens in the morning because I always weigh less then. I'm not going to believe what I saw tonight until the scale says something similar tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers. I'm also aware that my scale can play mean tricks sometimes. :joker:

stimkovs
02-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Moving Forward- I am SO excited for you. Do tell us what your new low is!! That's awesome, you're like the incredible shrinking woman!

My issue, I think is actually over exertion. We're in the middle of getting a snow storm, so I didn't go to yoga last night, and my earphones crapped out on me, so I didn't go for a run...I just kind of relaxed, and SAT. Sometimes, I try to overcompensate my eating by working out too much- which means I am lean , and full of energy, but I think the reality is, I need to focus more on the eating and the calmness of things.

I ate about 1800 calories, given that my bmr is a high 1600 that's fine, but 1800 is usually something I eat on heavy workout days, which does make me a little nervous. I did also have some chinese food but it was pretty controlled, and didn't lead me to a carb related binge, which is nice. I feel a little better today, but that was only day 1.

HappyHoliday
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
We're supposed to get a couple feet of snow so I stocked up
on a few items. Weren't many vegetables available - the grocery store was a pitiful site. And a lot of lines of course.
I ate before I went and that helped. I did not buy any muffins or other foods I shouldn't be stuck at home with.

mimsyborogoves
02-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Last night it was super rainy and dreary and I had 0 energy to go to the gym. I'm not going to the gym either today cause I got called in early to work and I don't want to be in a rush. Blah! There's always Saturday! I think after Saturday I'm gonna really try to make it a goal to work out Monday - Friday no matter what. It can be done; I just gotta make it work!

I've been bopping around 159 and 160 for what seems like forever; I don't really know what caused me to gain back the 2-3 pounds I lost but I really hope they come off (and more) within the next couple weeks. TOM's due Monday or Tuesday, so maybe that'll give me the big giant woosh I've been hoping for. I thought about lowering my calories, but then I'd be eating bare-minimum for me and that's just not sustainable for me. 1400 is as low as I'll go. I figured more exercise would do the trick, but so far it hasn't seemed to help any. I've done really great this week about staying under 1500 calories and not going off plan, so maybe my efforts will make something happen!

avalonmoon
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks Fluffypuppy and Sofie. =)
MovingForward...awe thank you..I like tracking my food,well sometimes.lol
Thanks for letting me slide in here, I promise to get my #s lower..I'm
sporting 201 today once again. Which is the lowest I made it to..but the
battle continues..Glad to be here with awesome war on weight peeps.:carrot:

Moving Forward
02-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Well, the low I was all excited about never actually materialized. Yes, I stepped on the scale and saw 146.something. But then I noticed my scale was crooked so I straightened it. When I did that, it jumped up 2 pounds! So I decided to pick my scale up and try some other locations. Then it read 147.2 in each of those locations. Grrrr. Yesterday, it was back up to the low 148's. :mad:

I hope everyone is doing well on this fine Sunday. Be safe if you are in storm country.

Moving Forward
02-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Emotional roller coaster here! Drama alert! So I just posted that my new never materialized once I realized my scale was crooked and straightened it out. I just went and did my daily weigh in (yes, I torture myself like that) and the scale read 146.9--a new low! Just to be safe, I picked up the scale and tried it in 5 different locations. It was the same everywhere! :carrot:

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't ever adjust my ticker upwards. I only do it when I've hit a new low. Just did it! :dizzy:

HappyHoliday
02-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Moving forward-

That's a great question. Last month I lost 4 lbs somehow week one, but then gained a LOT the rest of the month. I didn't change my display weight (I don't use a ticker but list on my profile) right away, but eventually after I dropped some of the pounds I updated my profile.

It sucks that I was at 145 and now 152 but better than the 161 so I like to see the numbers going back to 145. I guess what I'm saying is if I gain again but it's a pound or even 4 I wouldn't adjust the ticker because I know it's just a blip and could be down again quickly.

I may venture outside today. Been couped up inside due to 2+ feet of snow. Cars are allowed on the roads now but I'm going to see if there are sidewalks cleared else I'm going to walk in the street.

CleverName
02-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Hi all, Nothing much to report here. I'm day 12 or 13 binge free. I haven't since I first told my dr and my husband. I saw 156.8 on the scale this morning, I've been at 157.4 for a few days, so that was encouraging. :)
MovingForward, that answers your question - I keep my ticker at my lowest weight, I don't adjust it upward if I gain. But you can bet I move that sucker the moment I go down, lol!
I will be sure to share any tidbits from the nutritionist. I don't know how long it will take to see one after getting referred by my GP, I'm guessing 2-4 weeks.

stimkovs
02-11-2013, 07:14 AM
HappyHolidays- how was the snow storm? Highly efficient for us on friday, but getting around saturday and sunday was tough! Where abouts on the east coast are you? looks like we got hit with the same storm, but i'm a heck of a lot more north of you! lol

Lauren- sometimes it's better to skip out on a workout! sometimes your body will TELL YOU when it needs rest!

avalonmoon- how are you doing? the numbers will come off themselves if youre mindful :P

Moving Forward- only you lol. That's pretty terrible internal drama. I would have been frustrated!

Clevername- that's awesome! go you! you've actually inspired me to ask for a referall for a nutritionist from my GP as well!

_________
I am doing well, Yesterday was a little bit weird at the end of the night- i got into the light mayo/veggies (using the mayo as a dip) so I over ate a little bit, it wasn't planned, but I was HUNGRY and super active the last couple of days, so I am going to count that as day 4 being successfully binge free. I am still hungry this morning, and I haven't weighed in over a week. I am staying off the scale because I do feel good.

I am also realizing that sometimes it's better to spend the calories on substantial meals- as opposed to snacking all day.

HappyHoliday
02-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Official weigh in 151.6
Down 5.6 from last Monday

Dreading the morning commute

Stimkovs: Boston

mimsyborogoves
02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
THIS JUST IN:

After 3 weeks, my ticker is finally correct again. WOOHOO!

stimkovs
02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
happyholidays- WOOHOO. and OH BOY!!Ya you guys got hit SLIGHTLY worse then we did! Which is very rare! Is everything better now?? We're in the melting stages..

HappyHoliday
02-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Sofie-

It's a mess here because there's nowhere to cart away all the snow but today was warm and it's slowly melting.
Streets are slushy
Some main streets have sidewalks but many busy (aka dangerous) streets I have to walk in busy streets which are slushy lakes.

Watching the cooking channel right now.
:)

stimkovs
02-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Day 5 was successfully binge free. I am HUNGRY today though, so i TRIED to have a little cottage cheese+ a half serving of fruit on top of what I would normal have by this point, I also went over by 100 calories last night, but given level of activity, and feelings in my tummy, i know things are calming down a little! I am also wearing my new jeans (yes, I went shopping the day I took my snow day) and I feel slim!!

stimkovs
02-13-2013, 07:37 AM
since nobody else wants to play, i'm going to simply hijack the thread ! lol

today is day 7 binge free. i am INCREDIBLY proud of myself.

last night, i went out for dinner, and coctails with my best friend, i deffinately stayed under maintenance calories, and today is a run day.

i also weighted, 180-flat. this makes me incredibly proud.

hope everybody else is doing well!

HappyHoliday
02-13-2013, 08:26 AM
That is awesome, Sofie!

I'm a bit worried about some goodies that will be in the office today. Trying to plan around this so I can enjoy two treats but eat lighter for meals.

mimsyborogoves
02-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I feel extremely proud of myself today.

I hit a new low, 156.5! I'm really excited and feel like I can knock out these next few pounds with no problem. I also had an awkward food day; ate a piece of cake with my lunch and was almost overwhelmed by the idea of dinner. But instead of letting my mom cook, I left myself to my OWN devices and came up with a dinner that was good enough to fuel my work out and leave me with enough calories left over for a post-workout snack. Score!

Times are going well. I'm going to sit in on a women's choir rehearsal tomorrow evening to see what it's about and I really think I'm gonna join it! I'm pretty excited. :D

stimkovs
02-14-2013, 06:50 AM
That's awesome Lauren!! That's the thing about maintaining a serious weight loss- being able to compromise and not being overly upset when things don't go according to plan/allowing things to just naturally flow and being able to deal with it.

I need to remember that sometimes.

Yesterday was day 7 binge free, so HAPPY VALENTINES DAY everybody!! Today I will have a cupcake, and do some yoga. Haha, I have a new challenge for myself- 7 more days, so until next thursday! I am still eating at the top range of my calories (just over 1800 a day) and I saw 179.8 this morning, so I am back in business again. Now, hopefully to stay off the scale for the next week or so!

stimkovs
02-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Just me? That's cool!

So, hope everybodies valentines day was great!

How did I spend mine you ask? Binging uncontrollably.

How did I wake up this morning? Hungry.

Weird.

So- binge free committment starts again today. From today, until next friday I will be binge free, eating ABOUT 1800 calories a day.

CleverName
02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Sofie- Sorry about the binge, just keep doing what you're doing, I think setting a challenge for the next week is a great idea. :)
Lauren- Glad to hear you're doing so well, congrats on the new low! It's always an awesome feeling to see a new lower number. :D
HappyHoliday- You lost 5.6 lbs in one week?!?! Wow, what did you do? I hope you're starting to dig your way out of the storm now, and that the streets aren't too yucky.

So I have a question for everyone- how much weight does water weight usually account for during TOM? I've had 9 in the past 5 years due to being pregnant, nursing, or both. So I'm not too familiar with how having your TOM affects your weight. DS is almost 8 months old, and I think its just coming back today. My weight has gone up though, and I've been pretty good, so I've been waiting for a loss. Now that AF has shown her ugly face, it makes a bit more sense. Does the water weight usually show up a few days before TOM?

Feb 10- 156.8
Feb 11- 158.0
Feb 12- 158.0
Feb 13- 158.0
Feb 14- 157.8
Feb 15- 158.0 TOM

mimsyborogoves
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
My valentine's day was spent working and then fighting with an old flame. Woo!

Clevername, my weight usually shoots up a little bit right before TOM but it's never anything really serious, usually only 3lbs or so then it comes right off. But it varies from person to person, some people on here say their weight shoots up like 10lbs and some people probably don't have an issue. It just depends on you and how your body works. :)

HappyHoliday
02-16-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm down another pound today.
I haven't been depriving myself, but no binging.
I haven't been exercising.
This is when I need to be careful or ill let the weight shoot back up.

Clevername-
I've never been a fan of TOM, so I don't participate. Since high school. I just take the pill/Skip TOM.

Moving Forward
02-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Long time, no see everybody! I'm back from my trip to Seattle. Got back last night. I had a great time, but ate way more calories than usual. I found it nearly impossible to eat like I normally do. The food was wonderful and I'm not complaining. My weight was up to 148 this morning, but I'm actually not that freaked out. I had a good food day today and got on the treadmill.

HappyHoliday--Please do share your secrets with us. Your losses recently have been impressive. Good for you.

Sofie--Congrats on your 7 binge free days. I'm even more proud of you for bouncing right back after slipping up. That's great.

Lauren--Congrats! What did you think of the women's choir? And bummer deal you spent Valevtine's day fighting with an old flame! Definitely no fun. I hope things are better for you now.

CleverName--TOM usually causes me a 2-3 pound gain that goes away when it's all done. Everyone's different. Just take the scale with a grain of salt right now.

avalonmoon
02-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Hi Fluffypuppy.

Movingforward, you have a great attitude. Your numbers will float back down, now that you're home. :)

Sofie, congrats on your flat 180 and the new clothes, how cool..

Sorry I've been absent..I made it down to 199.6!! woohoo.
I am tonite@200 and a few stuborn unmentionable ounces lol..
everynite I go to bed, I awake w/ 2 pounds gone. that generally
is my bodys rule..that being said I ought to be 198 tomorrow..
things are looking up and coasting down here.:carrot:

Moving Forward
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Congrats on the downward trend Avalonmoon! Two pounds on average per day is amazing. I never saw those types of losses! :carrot:

HappyHoliday
02-17-2013, 01:40 PM
We got another snowstorm so I'm stuck inside. So glad I was out Friday night and all day yday.

I usually pickup a coffee with skim milk on the way to work, so that's my breakfast. I've never really been a breakfast person. On the weekends I make a smoothie with frozen fruit, almond milk, and nonfat Greek yogurt.

For lunch during the week I get a sandwich (ham and cheese or similar) with baked lays, or I get a burrito bowl, sometimes with cheese on it. Last week I got fish & chips. So it's usually something substantial. Last week I also had 2 cupcakes, a donut, and 6 mini cookies.

On the way home I eat an apple.
Then dinner could be anything. Friday for dinner I went to a BBQ restaurant and ate a brisket sandwich and sweet potato fries. I didn't eat all the fries.

I have to be better this week bc this week ill have more control over my environment. Next week I'm out of the country, until march 4.

avalonmoon
02-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Congrats on the downward trend Avalonmoon! Two pounds on average per day is amazing. I never saw those types of losses! :carrot:

Moving Forward..actually it is only if I catch the number at night, I sleep to find in the morning, if I rest a decent 8 hours, I'll get a ritual 2# loss but that doen't mean I'm always on the minus..like I recently floated UP to 201.8 and figured it to be water but still found the need to re-lose.:dizzy:I'm only losing somwhere underr 8#s in all per month.

As far as my last post goes, hubby cost me a good night sleep..:( I only lost 1# am @ 199.6
once more but hey that's cool too. =)

mimsyborogoves
02-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Moving Forward -- I didn't get to go to the women's choir because said fight caused me to be late, and when I got to the church where the rehearsal was being held I didn't know where to go so I ended up missing it. =/ However, I'm going to actually call them and let them know I'm coming this week and I WILL be there and I'm not going to let some stupid boy mess me up this time, lol.

I had a whoosh like I don't know what this week. I'm thinking I'm gonna be at goal or very close by the end of March. I'm excited!!

avalonmoon
02-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Lauren, that is sensational.Congrats on being so close-you've come such a far way.:D

Moving Forward
02-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Lauren--I'm so excited for you! I'm going to live vicariously through you since our stats are so similar! I absolutely love whooshes! By the way, I also like the new pic--very chic. The fight with that boy must have been something. Yuck-a-do!

Avalonmoon--You will soon be living in onederland full time. How exciting. Sorry for misunderstanding.

HappyHoliday--I want a snow day once in a while. The problem with that is that I live in CA! Lol! In all seriousness, I hope you enjoyed your shut in time and took the opportunity to slow down for a bit. Where are you going?

-------------
I had a fabulous day hanging by myself at the mall today. I stopped by Brookstone and got 30 minutes of free full body massage in their chairs. The chair I really like is merely $5000--ha! I got a free Mac makeover because they are doing a big promotion. My favorite shoes, which suddenly started giving me blisters, were exchanged free of charged by The Walking Store. The best part, by far, was my discovery that I can wear a size 6 pants! I went to several stores and tried on several pairs. Some were tighter than others, but they were all a reasonable fit. This means that while the scale has been relatively stable, I've been losing inches. Yippee! :carrot:

mimsyborogoves
02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
I've been noticing 8s are starting to fit me. I often wonder if I'll be a 6 before all of this is said and done!

Moving Forward
02-18-2013, 01:01 AM
I can tell you that is a distinct possibility! Ever imagine yourself in a 6? I always thought only skinny Minnie's wore 6's! I didn't actually buy any of the pants I tried on today, but I'm wishing I had. :D

HappyHoliday
02-18-2013, 09:56 AM
I have just reviewed my records. I've been in a range of 152-145 since October.
I've just been bouncing up and down the same few pounds for 5 months.
I haven't been truly focused and appear to be in more of a maintenance mode.

I don't like that. This isn't my goal weight.
I need to wake up and get going, else I will be really upset come summer.
Ugh!

I'm going to try to be more careful, and then beginning March 5th will have a more thought out plan to follow (which will include exercise).
For awhile I was exercising 2-4 times per week but this year that's been zippo.

Moving Forward
02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
HappyHoliday--You and I have been bouncing around in the same range for about the same amount of time. :hug:

avalonmoon
02-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Moving Forward: I think it's the way I explained it, seriously..but I'm a two steps back, one step fwd kinda woman. lol

Moving Forward
02-20-2013, 12:31 AM
It's nice to be getting back to normal after returning from my trip. The scale is starting to inch down to where I was before, which feels good. That experience just makes me realize that I will still really have to watch it in maintenance or I will quickly regain weight. That's the last thing I want to happen!

I'm really wishing I had bought at least one pair of those size 6 pants I tried on this weekend. The 8's I wore today actually looked a bit baggy. Maybe I will have to make a pair of size 6's a reward for staying on track this week.

I hope everyone is well today. It's awfully quiet here. Take care.

dstalksalot
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Hey all....I am slllllowly creeping down toward my goal....waiting for my post-MS 2 pound woosh for the month. It has not come yet. I am thinking it will take another 3 months to get to 145. I wonder if I will be happy though. I am still an apple shape since having kids and am not pleased with my shape yet. I can work out some and will have to just be happy. I fear I can't realistically maintain much lower.......I guess I thought I would be happier at this point...but a lot can change in 10 pounds!

HappyHoliday
02-20-2013, 08:38 AM
I was doing well for a couple of days and then last night even though I should have been all set for the night, I ate a lot of extra stuff. Ugh.
I didn't hate myself over it but now I woke up with a stomach ache.

Hopefully I'll eat light for lunch bc I have dinner plans with a friend. Not sure where we're going. Possibly I can get something not too bad, and take half of it home??

Also I got a couple size 4 pencil skirts for the spring, so I better go down a size so I can wear them. I can put them on and zip them but they're snug.

avalonmoon
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Moving Forward, it won't be long before the 6s work and the
8s will be on their way out..that is so cool.:)

Moving Forward
02-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Hi ladies!

Avalonmoon--I hope 6's will eventually fit. It's such a weird thought. My losses lately have been slow in coming and hard fought to win. It seems that I'm moving again after a long stall. I hope I can keep going!

HappyHoliday--I'm glad you didn't hate yourself over eating a little extra. Sounds like you were ready to get back at it right away. I can't even imagine squeezing into a 4! And our stats are pretty similar. It's funny what a difference different body builds can make.

Dstalksalot--I hear you on fearing the ability to maintain much lower. That thought has been creeping into my head lately. In order to lose anything, I've been on the hungry side lately. I keep wondering if I'll have to stay hungry to maintain too. I sure hope not! I know theoretically you should be able to eat more calories in maintenance, but I guess I'm worried that I'm going to start gaining if I add back more calories. You might just be pleasantly surprised that working out, particularly strength training, could refine your shape some. It's worth a try at least.
------------
I'm enjoying a nice lazy Friday night. I'm going to have a busy weekend, which is not what I want. I got rear ended on the freeway today, but I think I'm fine. Just a hassle I don't really have time for. My eating has been pretty darn good this week--except tonight. I'm digesting a delicious pesto mozzarella burger that's unfortunately sitting like a rock in my stomach. That's what I get for eating that! :dizzy:

dstalksalot
02-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Happy Holiday- I hope your dinner with a friend went well. I have to remind myself that any week that does not result in a gain is a good week.

Moving Forward- yey for your un-stall. Thanks for your kind words. I think I am going to not go any lower than 1300 and try to keep a weekly average of 1500. Were ever I end up is were I end up.

I feel like these last two pounds this week (156 to 154) seemed to result in a couple of inches lost. I am not sure how realistic this is, but it seems like my size 10 Levis went from too tight to too loose overnight. My $35 unworn jeans that I bought at Christmas (that I have been waiting to wear) look like clown clothes. I guess I should not buy any more until I am done. I keep thinking that each size is the last....

Moving Forward
02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Dstalksalot--Congrats on those last 2 pounds! I wonder if you might be onto something. I lost about 2 pounds in the last week and people are really commenting about it. In contrast, nobody mentioned my weightloss until I had lost about 20 pounds. I'm wondering if losses are more noticeable the closer to goal you get.

I'm not sure, but since your $35 jeans still have the tags, you may be able to exchange them for a smaller size. Wouldn't that be nice?!

Stars
02-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Sorry I have been MIA. I have been struggling. After going off my diet for 3 days, I went back on it for a few days. Then my bday came up and I went off my diet for 2 days, then I went back on it for a few days. I decided to get on the scale today and the scale went down! I am pretty happy about that, the only thing I can contribute it to is that my metabolism is being shaken up by going on and off this diet of mine. I am pretty sure that's the reason because in my past experience, anytime I got at a stall, I would have a cheat day and then weigh myself 2 days later, the scale would always drop without fail.

I know I would weigh less if I wouldn't of had so many cheat days in a row, but honestly, I needed the break and it felt good to eat instead of limiting food choices.

I am officially at 140.8. When I hit 140 even, that means I am at a normal weight bmi. I think I weigh less than what the scale is showing though because it's almost that time of the month and I feel bloated, so that would count for water weight if I have any.

Im so excited, soon to be in the 130's!

dstalksalot
02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Stars. Congratulations!

Moving Forward
02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Congrats Stars! :bravo: I wouldn't worry about the days you were off your diet. It sounds like you needed them both physically and emotionally. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had your cake and ate it too.

-------------
I'm within five pounds of my goal weight (depending on the whims of my scale). Getting excited!

Stars
02-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Moving Forward and dstalksalot, thank you so much! I am so glad for this board, and for the support all of you are giving me! Moving Forward, thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I definitely had my cake and ate it too, haha! :)

20 more pounds to go!

CleverName
02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone
Sorry I've been MIA. I'm really struggling with starting this whole weight loss process. I don't think I'll ever find the motivation, I just need to do it and not worry about finding motivation, just do it anyways. ;)
I do have a deadline now, as I've mentioned before I'm going to be MOH in one of my best friend's weddings in June, so maybe that will help. I have just over 15 weeks.
I was at 21 days binge free, then had one last week, so I'm now at day 6. My goal is to be binge free for 30 days.

CleverName
02-27-2013, 06:29 PM
oh, and I saw my dr today, and she wants me to write down everything I eat for the next week and bring it in. Fun. LOL. If nothing else, that will be a good motivator!

Moving Forward
02-27-2013, 11:48 PM
CleverName--Motivation is a real tough thing sometimes. I heard somebody say you just have to make a commitment to yourself because motivation comes and goes. That has certainly been true for me. You can get a lot done in 15 weeks! Just make sure to be realistic and be kind to yourself. Congrats on 6 days being binge free.

Stars--You can do it!
---------
I must be getting close to goal because a few people have recently told me I don't need to lose more weight. When I tell them that I'm still technically overweight, they seem shocked. I'm going to keep going because I want to reach my goal and now I'm between pants sizes. For some reason, today I was way under my calories. And I wasn't even particularly hungry. That's fine because another day soon I'll be over, I'm sure. I've just had several days recently where I was ravenous by meal time and pushing the limits of my calories. Go figure.

CleverName
03-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Whoa, where is everyone? How is everyone?

Moving Forward- You're very close to your goal, now that you're so close, is it still the same? I've noticed that a lot of people seem to lower their goal once they almost reach it.

I did day 1 of the 30 day shred today. I won't be able to do it everyday, as (TMI kinda, sorry) I have a wart on the bottom of my foot that I see the dr once a week for- I am getting rid of it! And for the next two days I limp around like a lame duck. Ha ha.
Anyway, my observations I made while doing the shred:
1- My weights are too heavy for where I'm at right now. I have 8 lb weights, I need 5's.
2- I am soooo out of shape!
3- I need to vacuum my rug. :P

Still binge free. I've been tracking my food in MFP for the past few days, I really like it, it helps me to be very aware of what I'm eating, how much I'm putting into my body. It helps that I get an extra 500 calories/day for nursing. :)

Moving Forward
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi CleverName--I've been wondering where everyone is too! I'm glad you and I are still around. 😃 Good for you for even attempting the 30 Day Shred. It seems so intimidating to me. Don't feel bad about the carpet--mine needs vacuuming too!

Your question about my goal weight is timely. Lately I've had a few people telling me either directly or indirectly that I look good and should probably stop losing. I'm never sure how to interpret this, whether they are serious or just complimenting me. The dilemma for me is that I'm not at my goal weight yet, which was chosen based on the highest healthy BMI for my height. I think I'll stop once I hit goal, but I'm debating whether to keep going to goal or call it done now. My body has been holding onto these last few pounds for dear life, which has made it a struggle to lose but I hear this is normal.

mimsyborogoves
03-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I cannot believe I somehow made my way back to the 160s.. even if it is water weight or whatever the **** it is. I feel ashamed of myself, kinda. I'm gonna keep tracking or whatever but I wanna kick myself so hard.

Katydid77
03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I read this thread all the time, so I thought I would go ahead and join in and make it official! :D

Right now, my weight is at 154.5. I am REALLY hoping to be well out of the 150's by the end of March. I do have a wedding to attend on the 16th, but honestly, it's for a brother in law that is half my age and I'm not particularly close to (though he's a nice guy! Just at different points in life and live in different states)

I'm going solo down there, and don't play any significant part in the ceremonies so the only hiccup will be that I will be away from home and the 'easy' planning of a diet for 3 days.

I volunteered to 'work' the reception and it's basically going to be a big BBQ (what can I say? it's in Mississippi and the theme for the reception is 'burlap and lace) :D The food really isn't that horrible diet wise and besides it's one meal and I'll eat a BBQ sand, NOT a big deal.

I really don't forsee it messing up my plans too much, and I'm not counting it as an obstacle as much as simply making sure to make a plan and stay busy while I'm there.

I reealllly, want to be out of the 150s asap, especially considering it's been the 140s that have always been my nemesis in the past.

Anyway, jumping on board, and wanted to say hey!

dstalksalot
03-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Moving Forward- you are 5 pounds away from your goal. That is excellent! Remember, you should pick a goal range not one number. If you are feeling like you are close, have your current weight your red line weight and 140 your bottom. Everything in between is acceptable variance with water weight etc.

I am similar in height and goal.

I am 5.3 and a half. 145 will be my bottom and 150 is my redline. I am at 154 currently.....well 155. I got down to 154 two weeks ago, went back up to 155 and holding steady. I am expecting to drop two pounds after my cycle starts again but loss has been very very slow. 2-3 pounds a month maybe....just trekking along at an average of 1500 cals a day and cycling. I am kind of refusing to go any lower. My goal weight will come when it comes and I need to concentrate now on fitness.....but I am a bit annoyed because I want to go shopping and alter some of my nicer clothes.

Mimisy G-keep going....that is the key.....just keep going. :-) you will get back down.

Katydid- hello. I would suggest bringing some of your happy foods that will keep you on track when you are away. Oatmeal weighed, Dried fruit, turkey jerky or what ever you snack food is. That way you will have your fall back if you need your healthy meal. Do your best at portion control and drink lots of water. Enjoy the wedding!!

mimsyborogoves
03-05-2013, 12:12 PM
That 160s flook is gone! That was definitely water weight -- weighed myself this morning and I'm back down to 158.5. I also noticed last night when I took my BC that this is the week before my period, so I have all kinds of things working against me this week. Hopefully things will be back to normal next week and I can get the rest of these pounds off!

I posted about this in the weight training section, but I'm really thinking about using NROL4W as a maintenance tool for when I hit goal; I think it'll give me the structure I need to get the results I want, but when I'm ready for my weight to be more stable. In the meantime, I wanna see what I can do with my own body. I have a couple apps on my phone that give me a daily ab/butt work out so I wanna see how they work! Does this sound like a bad plan?

dstalksalot
03-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Mimsy- I was thinking of incorporating lifting eventually, but am not at this point. I am thinking for me at least it is an excuse to put it off for tomorrow......but I am OK with that. Small baby steps forward are OK in my book. :-) do what you feel comfortable doing. Lifting is suppose to be awesome for your body.

Moving Forward
03-05-2013, 11:03 PM
How exciting to see so much life here today.

Welcome Katydid77! I'm glad you made it official and joined us. I got a kick out of hearing about the barbeque "burlap and lace" wedding. I live in Californa and that is so NOT a typical wedding here. I say go enjoy yourself in moderation. It's taken me a long time to get to the point where I can relax about food at special occasions. I've not seen any drastically bad consequences since doing this several times. I'm convinced the body reacts more to what you do over the course of time and will forgive a cheat day here and there.

Lauren--I'm so glad the 160's were just a fluke! I hope you got over your thoughts of kicking yourself sooner rather than later! Sorry I didn't see that until today; I would've definitely responded sooner had I seen that. I responded in the weightlifting section, but I am loving NROLW. It has given me structure, know-how and confidence to start lifting and I am seeing a difference. I see no reason to wait until you hit goal to start either.

Dstalksalot--Thanks for the perspective about looking for a goal range rather than an absolute weight. I've had my eye on a single number, but now that you mention it that is not realistic over time. I'll have to do some thinking about what my low and red line numbers should be. Your suggestion sounds pretty good though. It's nice to hear you are close too!

Stars--What a great feeling! I've pretty much been there too lately--for the first time in years. I've literally been surprised to see myself in the mirror several times lately, like I'm not used to this body yet. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely get used to this! :D. Enjoy!
---------------
I had lunch today at Macaroni Grill with a friend from high school today. It was so easy and guess-free to order with the calories listed on the menu. My friend remembers me from high school when I was thin and said I hadn't changed a bit. Ha! The last time he saw me was at a reunion 3 years ago and he didn't remember that I was heavier back then. Needless to say, he didn't even notice my loss which I was totally fine with. It was just sort of weird that his mental image of me was a thinner person and he basically skipped over my heavier years.

dstalksalot
03-06-2013, 12:30 AM
Moving Forward: you are so very positive and reaffirming. I love that!

CleverName
03-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Wow! Glad to see everyone here!

Moving Forward- I need to vacuum every day, or twice a day now that Mr. Man started crawling last week!
That's awesome that you're at the end- whether that's right now, or in 5 lbs. You can take your time deciding whether you're done or not, there's no rush. :)
That's so funny about your friend- it must be good to hear that you haven't changed a bit, lol!

Lauren- I know how you're feeling. I've re-gained pounds many times, doubling the time it takes to lose those pounds. Don't feel ashamed, I think it's probably quite normal for most people. Just part of the process, you know? Glad that you're back down a few pounds, and you'll have a better idea next week of where you're really at. :)

Stars- Congrats on 136! That's awesome, and even better is how you're feeling about your body. That's a great place to be at. :) Hope your meal with your 'outlaw' goes well!

Katydid- Welcome! Glad to have you posting! :) We have the same stats- I'm 5' (I'm actually 5' 1/2", but I normally just say 5', its easier ;) ) and 154ish lbs. It sounds like you have everything well planned for your time away from home, and I think that dstalksalot's suggestion of bringing your own snack foods and water is an excellent idea.

Dstalksalot- You seem to have a great perspective on your final goal and where you're at right now!

AFM- I was incredibly sick yesterday, and today I've been recovering and re-hydrating. I got worse as the day went on, when I went to bed I couldn't even keep 1 oz. of water down. I lost 3.2 lbs in one day. I suppose it will take a couple of days for my body to re-hydrate properly, and I'll see where my weight is then. Hopefully it will stay down, lol! I went from 157.2 to 154.0, and I was 154.0 again today. I've done two days of the 30 day shred, had two days rest due to my illness, and am planning on doing day 3 of the shred tomorrow.

HappyHoliday
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm back in the states. I ate very badly overseas. Now I have a cold or bronchitis so not really able to taste food. I still crave food a bit because of boredom/stress..

151.0 which is ok considering.
This month I plan to see the 145 that I saw in January!

Since I no longer do circuit training twice a week , I now do zero exercise and do think I may have lost some muscle and replaced it with fat, so that could be why the scale is not throwing a worse number at me. I'm not ready to add a new exercise program at the moment. I think I want to return to 145 first.

CleverName
03-06-2013, 11:38 AM
HappyHoliday- Glad to have you back! You're right, that's not too bad considering your trip. I hope your cold/bronchitis goes away quickly!

I was 154.0 again this morning. Dare I move my ticker? Or should I expect my body to regain another pound or two of fluid?

dstalksalot
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM
I noticed a lot of us are in the mid 150's...just an observation.... Carry on.

Moving Forward
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Ugh! I've been laying in bed all day. I started getting super sized gastrointestinal distress when I went to bed last night. It kept me up so I didn't get a good night's sleep. I'm still eating, just feeling off as I lay here and think about all the work that is not getting done at work. The scale showed an all-time low today, which I'm positive is just due to dehydration.

CleverName--I feel your pain! Sounds like we've been in the same boat.

HappyHoliday--Welcome back! I hope you feel better soon.

I think I need to go find my face mask now. Take care everyone.

grayhenry
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM
I would love to join in! I was told by my doctor to LOSE WEIGHT. How many of you have heard that one? I'm 5'2 and currently 177. I started out at 184 on 1/9. I'm stuck here at 177 for days now. I can't remember the last time I was "out of the 170's".

I'm getting frustrated! I journal my food so I know I'm staying with my calories, I treadmill walk 4X a week. I work at the library so my job is physical, on my feet 4-6 hours 3X a week. I've cut out the stuff I love - baked goods and sweets! But I do allow myself to bake a cake on Saturday and this is my one treat for Saturday night.

I eat breakfast daily and have been cutting out processed foods and "white" stuff....

I'm just not sure how to budge that scale at this point, but to get out of the 170s would be a dream. My ultimate goal is 135 and wow, would that be lovely!

My age is 58 so I know that is a problem, too, with weight loss.

I'm coming here looking for another weapon in my weight loss arsenal -- a support group!

Kris

Stars
03-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Moving forward and clevername, thank you so much!

Moving forward, you are such an inspiration to me. You really helped me keep on track and you are doing amazingly well yourself! Your avatar looks incredible! Congrats on your loss!

Im at 135 today!

Moving Forward
03-11-2013, 01:34 AM
Welcome Grayhenry! You've already made some good progress since January. This weight loss thing is never a straightforward linear process, I'm learning. For no reason I could tell, I was stuck at 150 for three months. Then all of a sudden things started moving again after I took a 2 week diet break. Don't get discouraged. It will happen for you if you stick with it.

Stars--You are too sweet! Talk about inspirational! 135 is great! You must be teensy tiny by now! :carrot:

mimsyborogoves
03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Got back down to 154 today! I knew I felt lighter! ^_^ I'm ready for my ticker to be correct again, lol.

Katydid77
03-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Right now weighing it at 153.5. At the end of TOM, so I'd like next week to have some sort of 'whoosh' involved.

With the 24 hour bug and kinda trying to get back on path with all of this, I don't really feel like I've put enough effort into dieting within the past couple of days.

Not that my calories have been wild, but they have been random and less than ideal choices. Kinda like I have been on auto pilot.

Yesterday I came in at almost 1600 calories, which was a bit sobering and sort of put me back on the straight and narrow for today.

I have certainly cut back on my water intake and will work towards bringing that back a bit today. Also, been playing around with introducing a bit of caffeine back into my system today. I sort of had an imposed detox with the illness and it's still a bit 'iffy' on my tummy, but I don't like having to avoid it in the drinks I have so I'm experimenting to see if I can put it back in without many issues.

I may not be built up to having my morning espresso yet, but I'm gonna see what I can do :)

Moving Forward
03-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Lauren--Congrats! :carrot:

Katydid77--I hope you're able to stomp that bug out quickly. All things considered, it sounds like you're not too far off track.

As I write this, I'm laying on my bed exhausted when I really should be working out. I have too much going on at both home and work this week and exercise seems what has to give. Calgon, take me away!

Moving Forward
03-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Happy Saturday ladies. I'm not sure where everyone has been, but I just had to check in this morning. I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered that I am less than two pounds away from my goal. I am so excited! :jig:

dstalksalot
03-16-2013, 12:02 PM
^^^wohoo! Fabulous!
I have been sick, kids have been sick...now I am expecting my small woosh for the month. Story of my life! I am about 5 pounds away from my goal that may or may not be my goal. Now I just need to make some new goals. :-)

CleverName
03-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Hello, Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. :) We have a beautiful blue sky today, perfect for my hubby jetting around the territory today.
We've been sick, which has made me very tired and lazy. I think we're all on the mend, finally.
I had a new number on the scale, which of course I was very happy to see. 154.8 Yay, 154! I've been at 155.something for a couple of weeks.

It seems like everyone is doing pretty well! MovingForward, congrats on being so close to goal!

Moving Forward
03-17-2013, 10:47 PM
CleverName and Dstalkalot--Sorry to hear you've both been sick. It takes something out of you, doesn't it?

CleverName--congrats on the 154's!

Dstalkalot--Within 5 pounds! That's great. Sounds like your whoosh, depending on how big it is, could put you very close. That's got to make scale watching very exciting right now.

I had a decent weeken, but did too much work. I did housecleaning and paperwork Friday night, yesterday and today. Ugh. I've done no exercise for a week because I've been taking a week long break. I'll have to workout tomorrow to get back with the program. I think I'll go to bed early tonight so I can wake up refreshed and rested tomorrow. I hope everyone feels better soon.

Moving Forward
03-22-2013, 11:22 PM
It looks like it's been a while since anybody's been here. I just thought I would check in. I'm within a pound and a half of my goal. I'm so close that I can see it, smell it and taste it. There's only one problem. While I'm getting lots of nice compliments from people, one person said my face looks gaunt and another person said that I look sick. Yikes! The gaunt and sick look is definitely not what I'm going for. I've asked a few people what they honestly thought, and nobody else says I look that way. I really want to see the magic 140 on the scale--if even for a day--but I'm not sure if I should. I may post this dilemma on another thread to get more opinions on this one.

CleverName
04-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Hello? Is anyone here? Thought I'd check in, just in case.
DH and I are starting a diet tomorrow (well today, its Monday now I suppose). Pretty strict eating. I'm wanting to lose my carb and sugar cravings, or at least learn more about how and why I'm eating, and then be able to react to my desires or urges to grab something to eat.
Plus I'm also wanting to kick-start my weight loss, although I've lost almost 50 lbs since my highest pregnancy weight, and around 15 of those have been since I 'decided' to work on weight loss, I really haven't made an honest attempt at weight loss.
DH is away overnight tonight, he is a pilot, so this happens. Tonight, he is in the far north- and I mean north! He flew to Resolute, Nunavut today. Seriously, I can't get over how far north it is. I told him to say hi to Santa for me. (He's not quite that far, but pretty close!)

If anyone's reading this, how are you doing? :)

Moving Forward
04-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi CleverName! I'm still here. Nobody has checked in for a while, so I assumed this thread had run its course. Good luck with the new plan! You've lost 50 pounds already, which is nothing to sneeze at. You can do this! How cool that your husband is with you on this too. It must be hard for a pilot to warch their weight. Seems like a crazy, unpredictable lifestyle unless they just fly short routes that allow them to be home everyday. And it must be rough to be a oil it's wife, especially if he is away a lot.

I'm doing fine. Depending on the day, I've been within two pounds of my goal weight for over a month now. Those last few pounds just won't give up! I'm so ready to transition to maintenance calories, but I want to see that magic number on the scale first--if even for one day. This is feeling like a plateau... Grrr... I had a plateau ten pounds ago that lasted for months. I don't really want that again. I'm now starting to wrap my head around maintenance.

It's great to hear from you. If anybody else is still out there, it would be great to hear from you too.

Stars
04-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Im going to bump this board up, its always been my favorite. I checked in at 126.8 today! Actually, the scale went also to 126.4 and 126.2 but I always take the highest number. Almost to my goal weight of 120 but I might make my goal weight to 115 when I get there. Anyway, I am pretty happy with my results. It was sure a long road but I am finally seeing the light at the end of it. :carrot:

congrats on making your goal weight moving forward!

avalonmoon
04-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Moving Forward, just noticed you made it to your goal a cpl weeks ago.
Sorry I was absent but how amazing for you!! Gratz!! :congrat:

Moving Forward
05-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Stars--How awesome that you bumped this thread! I have missed it too! I think it needs a re-name perhaps though, considering that the weight range just doesn't fit. We can keep going with this one or start a new one with another name. What do you think? I am super duper impressed with your progress! Wow? I'm guessing you are just a shadow of your former self these days. I hope you are feeling great and I look forward to catching up.

Avalonmoon (aka Lotus!)--Thanks for the congrats! I kept it pretty quiet. I didn't really post in anywhere noticeable.

So yes, I am officially in maintenance. However, I haven't figured out how much to eat yet. My first week, I upped my calories and promptly gained. In retrospect, it could have been water weight. But I freaked and immediately went back to my original calorie level and have lost a few more pounds. I do not necessarily want to lose more though. This week, I am have upped my calories by about 100 and am watching the scale carefully. Who knew this would be so complicated?

If there is anyone else out there lurking that would like to jump in, please do! Everyone is welcome, regardless of what you weigh.

AlanOliver
05-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Is this thread only for women and girls?? Not found any post from men's side about lossing weight.

dstalksalot
05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Stars thanks for bumping this thread. Congratulations on your progress. I am moving my goal too. Kind of a funny thing aiming for a moving target. " hit goal, yeah never mind".

Moving Forward: congratulation on hitting goal! Plus some. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress and maintenance technique. Are you increasing your cals to gain those few unintentional lost pounds or are you maintaining a new low. Just curious as I never read about that.

I have been bouncing all over the low 150's for the last month. I have found I only lose one time each month. Tiny losses last month about 2 pounds. Not sure if I should keep cals the same or be more aggressive. ( I average 1500 per day c cycling). Plus I am having trouble sticking to any activity aside from my daily walking. Even that has been difficult lately. My son was home sick so I did not walk him to school. The last little bit has been hard. I can see how woman perpetually try to lose the last 10 no matter how much they weigh.

dstalksalot
05-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Alan, its for any one who would like to join in the convo. There are primarily women on this forum but there are a few roosters around. There is also a " just men corner" sub forum you can check out. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/

dstalksalot
05-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Finally down a bit after 3 weeks 149.4 lost about .5 pounds.

Stars
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Stars--How awesome that you bumped this thread! I have missed it too! I think it needs a re-name perhaps though, considering that the weight range just doesn't fit. We can keep going with this one or start a new one with another name. What do you think? I am super duper impressed with your progress! Wow? I'm guessing you are just a shadow of your former self these days. I hope you are feeling great and I look forward to catching up.

Oh gosh, that's a good idea to create a new board name. But, you are at the top of the board so that's up to you :hug:
I am really happy about my progress. I weighed today and it said 125.4 and went down to 124.8. I keep on changing my goal weight. I think I want to go down to 110 lbs now, lol. My original goal weight was 120 lbs because that's the highest I would let myself get before I stopped working and became a stay at home mom. I think I should just leave a "?" at my goal weight haha! I think when I fit into my wedding ring, then I will call it goal. It's a size 3, and right now I can wear a size 4 on that finger.

Anyway, I hope I can be successful as you and reach my goal weight. I wish I knew what type of diet you are on because I am so back and forth with different plans, not fun lol. Can you tell me how you did it?

Stars
05-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Stars thanks for bumping this thread. Congratulations on your progress. I am moving my goal too. Kind of a funny thing aiming for a moving target. " hit goal, yeah never mind".

Thank you! Yeah, I hear ya, my goal is moving further and further away, haha ! I keep changing it, I think I want to head to 110 lbs now lol
I think I will leave "?" in the goal spot under my avatar.

lollipops4two
05-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm hopping into this thread since I've been struggling with the
170/160/150's for the past 10 years!! Waahh!! Time to finally kick those numbers to the curb, once and for all!!

Moving Forward
05-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Lollipops4two and AlanOliver--Welcome! Alan, I hope we don't scare you away because we are all ladies. You'll encounter the occasional TOM talk here, but if you can hang with that you'll be golden. :D

Dstalkalot--Great to see you back! I bounced around for months in the low 150's! It drove me crazy. I finally started to move again when I slightly reduced my calories and started weight lifting. Since I did both at the same time, I'm not sure which one caused the plateau to bust or if it was both together. Those last pounds are pesky, aren't they? Congrats on your recent losses, no matter how modest they are. You are still losing, which means that what you are doing is working. Can you talk more about your calorie cycling? I would like to hear more about what you do and how it works for you. What do you see as the pluses and minuses of doing it?

Hi Stars--Congrats on the new low. You are going to be teensy tiny at 110! It sounds like you were previously pretty little, so it ought to look good on you. It just sounds so low to me. I like your idea of the ring. I would definitely put that kind of goal before a number on the scale.

I lost all of my weight by calorie counting. I've used an app along. At first it was LoseIt! Since January, it has been MFP. I don't count any other macros. No foods have been off limits, as long as the fit in the daily calorie budget. My diet has gotten a lot healthier out of necessity with eating fewer calories. This has meant far more fruits and vegetables and far fewer calorie dense foods such as junk food and alcohol. Overall, my diet is really varied and healthy these days, with occasional splurges here and there. I've also been exercising on average 3 days a week and do allow myself to eat back the exercise calories estimated by MFP.

Now that I'm trying to maintain, I'm still experimenting. Theoretically, I'm going to try to keep my weight below my red line number (haven't decided that yet, ha!) and stay within a 5 pound range. I don't feel a need to gain back the extra pounds I recently lost since they easily fit into the range I'm ok with. For now, I'm going to increase my calories by 100 each week until I seem to stabilize. That's my strategy for now. I definitely welcome anyone's ideas.

dstalksalot
05-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the encouragement!
I have been cycling since I started about a year and a half ago. Currently I do one low 1100 day a week and one higher day at around1800. No exact dates, but weekly average per day is 1450-1500. I try to eat very minimally or my low day. Its a drag , but I just tell my self I can have " whatever" the next day. It seems to work and I like the versatility. I imagine I will carry this into maintaining. I am also watvhing carbs too a bit.

For the last bit of weight loss I may need to go down a bit in my average.....but I don't know if its worth it....I feel like I am in a happy spot food wise around 1500. Hoping to kick my butt in gear with more activity.

Moving Forward
05-04-2013, 12:29 AM
I just finished some housecleaning in preparation for a relatively work free weekend. I'm feeling guilty because I really should have lifted weights either last night or tonight and opted out both days. I need to get it done tomorrow. Friday nights I have been having a free meal, which I had tonight. So nice. The only problem is that I'm going out again tomorrow night too. I think I will skip breakfast to make up for at least some of the extra calories. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Thanks Dstalksalot for your opinion on cycling! I like the idea in case you blow it one day, or are in a situation like mine where you know you are having a few higher calorie days.

CleverName
05-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone! I'm so glad to see this thread bumped. :)

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm doing well, I've been at 150.0, my body is hanging onto the 150's for dear life! LOL, very soon I'll be in the 140's. My goal is to be at 142 for my bff's wedding in 6 weeks!

We'll be having a busy weekend, outings with the kids, etc. My hubby is currently #1 on call, so if we're out somewhere he may have to drop everything and head out to the airport. When he is #1, we'll probably have to start going places in two vehicles so that he can leave and go to work. He just officially started the Medevac contract on May 01, so this is something new that we'll have to get used to. We do get a lot more family time though, so so far, I'm happy with his new schedule.

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Stars
05-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi Stars--Congrats on the new low. You are going to be teensy tiny at 110! It sounds like you were previously pretty little, so it ought to look good on you. It just sounds so low to me. I like your idea of the ring. I would definitely put that kind of goal before a number on the scale.

I lost all of my weight by calorie counting. I've used an app along. At first it was LoseIt! Since January, it has been MFP. I don't count any other macros. No foods have been off limits, as long as the fit in the daily calorie budget. My diet has gotten a lot healthier out of necessity with eating fewer calories. This has meant far more fruits and vegetables and far fewer calorie dense foods such as junk food and alcohol. Overall, my diet is really varied and healthy these days, with occasional splurges here and there. I've also been exercising on average 3 days a week and do allow myself to eat back the exercise calories estimated by MFP.

Now that I'm trying to maintain, I'm still experimenting. Theoretically, I'm going to try to keep my weight below my red line number (haven't decided that yet, ha!) and stay within a 5 pound range. I don't feel a need to gain back the extra pounds I recently lost since they easily fit into the range I'm ok with. For now, I'm going to increase my calories by 100 each week until I seem to stabilize. That's my strategy for now. I definitely welcome anyone's ideas.

When I was working, I would never let myself get over 120 lbs. I felt best at 110. But now that I had a son and got older, I think my body has changed to the point where I can look thin at a higher weight. At 125, I don't look fat at all in clothes but the problem is out of clothes, lol!

I got to check out MFP, I jump from diet plan to diet plan and I don't think I have ever followed a diet plan properly. I really don't know how to eat properly or how many calories to have to lose. I restrict calories too low I think. I constantly jump from plan to plan. I always count calories though.

CleverName
05-05-2013, 12:28 AM
149.6 this morning!

Stars
05-05-2013, 06:40 AM
congrats CleverName!

Hi all, checking in.

124.2 was the highest today. The scale fluctuated down to 123.6 but I always take the highest given as the most accurate.

Very excited that I am almost at my original goal weight!

Moving Forward
05-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Congrats CeleverName and Stars! It's nice to see new lows.

I've been having a nice weekend. I got to watch my son play in two sports games yesterday and the weather was beautiful. My in-laws also came over. As planned, ate out both Friday and Saturday nights. My son just came into our bedroom and asked for doughnuts. My hubby is going to get them. Ugh. And we are going to the movies later to see Ironman where I know we will have popcorn. This kind of stuff is okay once in a while, but not three days in a row. And not twice in one day! That balancing act of enjoying life and eating well is so tricky. On the bright side, I lifted weights yesterday and then did two hours of yard work. I'm certain that won't make up for all the extra calories though. :dizzy:

dstalksalot
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
^^ Can you air pop some and put it in your bag? I have been using coconut oil to pop mine on the stove. So much better. For 100 I get some good coconut oil fat and a couple of cups of popcorn. YUMMY!!

I am doing ok. went down about a pound after 3 weeks. 149.2 now. I want to stop now pretty much, but I have fat still and want to scratch my way to 145 as a low if I can. Not sure if its the vanity fat that every one has or the "I need to get rid of this" fat that causes health issues and cosmetic issues with clothing.

Stars
05-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Everyone is doing great on this board. Congrats dstalksalot, you are doing amazing!

moving forward, that popcorn idea sounds good. I haven't had popcorn in years. Speaking of in laws, I am seeing my mother in law next week. Well, that's what's in the works. Haven't seen her in years. We don't get along. We were supposed to meet up in Jan. She canceled 3 of the 4 times we had plans. The one time I canceled was when ds was sick. In the end, it worked out great, it allowed me more time to lose weight. I am so glad I lost the weight I wanted before seeing her.

I weighed in today at 123.6! I am doing carb cycling. Sorta. Well, my own version of carb cycling and I noticed my weight loss is speeding up a bit. I am 3.6 lbs away from my original goal weight!

Moving Forward
05-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Evening ladies!

Dstalksalot--Yay for going down a pound! I hated being stuck at 250. So funny that seems like ancient history to me now. But at the time it was so frustrating. I only wish I had seen your popcorn suggestion before going to the movies! I ate the real deal, no butter, in moderation. I shared a small with my hubby and made sure he ate his fair share of it. Thanks for the idea though. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Stars--Congrats are for sure in order! Your loss is great. I have a close relative who I feel similarly about. I can relate! I love love love that you are going to look great when you see you mother-in-law! Make sure to wear something form fitting that shows off your new hot bod. :D.

I'm typing this message as I soak in a hot bath that I earned after a 2 hour workout. I'm still following along with NROLW and the workouts are taking anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours these days. I really have to plan for them. I think the structure is good for me because there is NO way I would push myself this hard on my own.

I really went over my calories Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. When I woke up this morning I braced myself by reminding myself that the scale doesn't like. To my surprise, it held steady with no noticeable gain! I'm wondering if I got away with something, or if I'll get the smack down tomorrow morning. :dizzy: Or maybe I sped up my metabolism by eating more? I'm so confused! Since all of those extra calories were out at restaurants/movie theatres, I don't even know what I ate. So far, figuring out maintainence calories is hard.

Take care!

Moving Forward
05-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Dstalksalot--I meant 150! Geeze! Sorry!

Stars
05-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Moving Forward, I got the perfect outfit! Right down to the shoes. The top I am kinda back and forth though, but it's between 2 right now. I tried the outfit on and I asked my husband if I looked as thin as I was working. He looked me up and down and said yes. When I was working, the most I was in weight was 120, but I averaged around 110! I wish he would of encouraged me through my weight loss though. I mean, through these past 4 years I gained so much weight, never was that big before, then I dropped all this weight and not a single word from him. That's why I love this board so much, because it's so encouraging and such positive reinforcement. Something I don't get at home.

You are doing so good with weight maintain and loss. How did you figure how many calories you needed to lose and maintain? This is a struggle I have so I think I keep my calories too low. That hot soak bath sounds so good but I don't work out enough to deserve something like that lol
The only work out I get is running after my son lol

dstalksalot
05-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Stars, I do no mean to get too personal, but this is the second time you mentioned your husband and his lack of support or obliviousness in this area. Perhaps it is time to sit down and talk to him about that.

dstalksalot
05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Moving Forward: You will have to let us know if you get a smack down from your scale today.

Stars
05-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Stars, I do no mean to get too personal, but this is the second time you mentioned your husband and his lack of support or obliviousness in this area. Perhaps it is time to sit down and talk to him about that.

Oh that's ok! Trust me, I have. We have a lot of issues going on that go beyond his lack of support unfortunately.

CleverName
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
148.8 today! I am thrilled to solidly be in the 140's! And the next decade- the 130's- it kind of blows my mind to think of being in the 130's. :D

My next goal is 142, my pre-pregnancy weight with both of my girls. I want to be at 142 for the wedding. I'll have to share a link to my MOH dress with you guys when I get onto the desktop (It's a bit of a pain on the tablet ).

Moving Forward
05-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Stars--I appreciate your candidness about your marriage. I was wondering the same thing as Dstalksalot. I love that we support you, but you deserve that at home too! This has been no easy feat for you. I actually mentioned you to my hubby and told him how happy and loved he makes me feel. I wish that for you too. :hug:

As far as my calories, I started out initially with the calories recommended by LoseIt. Then when I hit a stall at 150, I switched to MFP and used their recommendation which was a bit lower. The maintenance thing...well, I'm still trying to figure that out. I've been weighing myself daily and tracking my weight. I upped my calories by almost 150 to start and am seeing what happens. It hasn't helped that I ate out 3 days in a row last week and have no idea how many calories I ate then. I'm just doing the best I can. If I hold steady for a few weeks, I'm going to see if I can get away with adding another 100 and so on. I really hope I can go up more because I want to eat! :^:

I never got the feared smack down from the scale! :carrot: I feel like I really got away with something naughty. If my thinking is correct, that also bodes well for me eventually finding a calorie range that I can live with forever to maintain. I'm feeling optimistic at the moment.

CleverName--You are doing great! You will see 142 in no time at the rate you are going. Keep it up. Can't wait to see your dress.

It's so nice to see life back here on this thread ladies!

dstalksalot
05-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Good on all counts Moving Forward. Hope you find your sweet spot. I am at the point were I am not drastically decreasing cals. Sticking around 1500 average and figure the weight loss will happen or I will maintain at 1500. The thought of Increasing cal at maintenance scares me a bit.

Stars: I pray you find the words for your husband and you both have ears to hear.

Stars
05-09-2013, 09:49 AM
sorry guys, had to delete this, I didn't want to leave it up for long, I just wanted to explain how things got down hill with H. But thanks again for the kind words!

Moving Forward
05-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Totally understandable Stars. No problem.

I'm having a productive day at work. I'm looking forward to the weekend, though it's going to be busy. I've told my family that nothing fancy needs to be done for Mother's Day. I suggested we go out for dinner and spend time together. What's most important to me, always, is that I am loved and appreciated every day of the year. I've never been a big fan of Hallmark holidays that begin to feel like an obligation. I really don't mean to be bah-humbug about it. It's just how I feel.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Stars
05-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Enjoy your mother's day weekend Moving Forward! My husband usually takes me to dinner and buys me flowers for mothers day. He tries to make it special, especially because my son is too young to understand what is going on. But I also never been one for hallmark holidays and I feel it's just another day. Anyway, Im not going out of the house for a while and I haven't even been out of the house for a while, my son is getting is still sick, he has that flemmy type cough though he is much better from a week ago but now I am sick. I lost my voice, sore throat, congested. ugh! And it's starting to get warm out too. Still, enjoy your day, it's all about us moms this Sunday.
Today I weigh in at 121.6! It went from 121.4 a few times then once on 121.6. I really wish that scale would stay at one number only. I think it's pretty accurate for the most part. I read somewhere to weigh a gallon of water. A gallon of water weighs about 8.33 pounds. My scale won't register one gallon of water so I put 2 gallon jugs on and it was about 17.something pounds. So, 1.6 lb to go to hit my original goal weight!

Moving Forward
05-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Oh the calories I ate today! We went to a Mother's Day brunch buffet and then just had Chinese food for dinner. I have no way to know the calorie count, nor do I want to know. I enjoyed every bite though. :D

Stars--I'm sorry you and your son are sick! Get well soon. I hope that didn't put too much of a damper on things for you today. You are so close to your original goal! Keep it up. You'll be there soon.

dstalksalot
05-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Stars: Feel better!

Moving Forward: I almost picked Chinese food today but went for a Salad Bar place instead. I tried to count, but had difficulty recording weights for everything. Damn that Lava cake they served was good. I went over today by at least 300.

Dropped .4 pounds today. Solo sloooow!!!! I guess I need to lay off the lava cake.

Moving Forward
05-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Dstalksalot--I should have picked a salad place! Good for you. I'm glad you had the lava cake. I really do feel that those occasional indulgences make my plan workable. Essentially, if I don't give myself permission to have them, then it is 100 percent guaranteed that I will cheat. And boy can I be rebellious when I set my mind to it! :devil: And chocolate--how can you say no to that? :D

I had a busy day at work today. I'm going to have another non-stop busy day tomorrow too. It's all good and will make the day go faster for me. I'm coming to the end of a big crunch that has lasted a few months now. So happy about that! I'm currently distracting myself on 3FC until dinnertime. I'm pretty hungry, but don't want to start snacking.