Exercise! - Anyone tried Power Yoga? How was it for weight loss?

Zazaa
01-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi! I'm looking for a workout in addition to the treadmill - I find it really hard to do the 30 day shred or brazil butt lift or any of those dvd workouts at home, I just don't have the motivation to do it, and so I've been thinking of joining a class.

Has anyone tried out power yoga? What are your thoughts on it? And how effective is it for weight loss?

Thanks! :)

AlmostMe
01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi, I haven't tried power yoga, but I do practice Bikram yoga - which is a pretty hard core form of yoga.

For me it was NOT good for weight loss, but it was good for reducing inches and getting STRONG and more flexible. As I have flexibility problems this was one of my main aims anyway. I was going every day for a while and when I was I had abs of steel. Really. It was also good for my 'grit'. When I ran my first 5k and I mean first EVER, it took me quite a while and I wasn't sure I could make it. But I kept telling myself if I could get through 30 consecutive 90 minute Bikram classes where your heart is POUNDING out of your chest and sweat is pouring off you, then I could get thru the 5k.

I have started going back, but only once a week now. I'm glad to be back.

BreathingSpace
01-19-2013, 02:33 PM
I also do hot yoga, sort of Bikram style. The first time I started doing it yes I lost a bit of weight, but really it totally transformed my body so I LOOKED smaller than I actually was.

I had to take a year break and now I've been back at it for 9 months and I have to say, the same thing is happening. I may be 170 but I swear I look 150 due to all the hot yoga transforming my body! I don't do any other form of exercise except walking.

I would say definitely try it, you'll love it!

slimmingsi
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
http://www.ddpyoga.com/site/index.php/en/ check this out.

zkharmaz
05-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Power yoga is a great discipline to help you stay in good shape as you grow older. It is a physical art that teaches the body how to age gracefully, not quickly. Power yoga also requires a lot of devotion, just like a martial art or indeed any fitness program in general. You need to not only learn and master the techniques of power yoga but put them into continuous practice. It is like being a boxer or a martial artist, if you do not train your skills regularly, you will become rusty and your fitness development will suffer. If you are serious about doing power yoga, you must be devoted to a regimen that you must strive to follow every day in spite of the many distractions that life brings. That, after all, is one of the keys to this discipline. In the end, it is important that you see it not as a tool for exercise, but as a way of life.