LA Weight Loss - Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other

TracyC
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
I have enjoyed talking to Dee the past couple of days about buying LAWL supplies from a reputable company (Costco), and hope to have some good news to keep reporting. I will try to post every day to keep my motivation up, even if sometimes I might be talking to myself.

This LAWL site used to be a thriving, dynamic blog and I'm sorry the company's idiocy that caused the centers to close changed things. Still, it is a great program and I am looking forward to getting going again. I just lost 5 1/2 lbs on the Fast Forward phase and I am looking forward to having the success that I had seven years ago when I went to my much-missed center.

Tip for the day:

If you want to make a good smoothie out of milk and berries, add 1/3 to 1/2 of a pack of sugar-free raspberry or strawberry gelatin to the ingredients in the blender. You will have a much thicker, richer smoothie or shake without any added sugar. I usually use yogurt but it was not on sale this week so I am making do with milk.

NorthernChick13
01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
That's a great idea! I use protein powder in my smoothies with milk and berries too- it also helps thicken it up :)

MMM the gelatin sounds good too! I should try it!

TracyC
01-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Since I have recommitted to the LAWL program, I have to find creative ways to make the food taste not just all right, but great while using ingredients from the program. I was once fixing a smoothie, adding Splenda and thinking about the grainy, boring taste when I had the lightbulb moment about the gelatin. I get the gelatin on sale at Walgreens for 4/$1.00, or about 49 cents a pack regular-price at Wal-mart.

I know a diet is successful when the rest of the family wants to eat like I do. Now it is just me and my husband, since the kids are in college, and he likes to eat more protein and vegetables as well. He is not into the bars, so he just eats more fruit and an occasional serving of crackers.

Dee2
01-17-2013, 12:52 PM
If I EVER get my pkg from Costco LOL, I'll be right on board with you guys! I love the idea about the SF gelatin! I'm going to grab some today after work!!

TracyC
01-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Dee, it took me over a week to get my kit. I was surprised, since Costco is usually so prompt. Maybe LAWL was slow getting stock to them.

Well, I'm off to the gym! I'll check back later.

TracyC
01-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Well, I got in a workout and pretty much all of my water today. I think it's a good start.

TracyC
01-18-2013, 12:54 AM
One more visit tonight. I had a Chocolate Crunch lite tonight as a snack. It was really good. I was a bit disappointed in the Chocolate Peanut Butter bar I had this morning. It seemed a bit too chewy, without any real peanut butter flavor.

barri1970
01-18-2013, 10:37 AM
OK I am in for the support! I am trying to decide what plan to start with...

I have the OLD OLD original plans where all your food choices were on 1 laminated card...then I have the colored plans that were books. I also have the new numbered plans.

Any feedback on what plans everyone liked the best?

What plan worked best for you?

I would need to start with the Gold plan or Plan 2. I have about 20-25lbs to lose.

TracyC
01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi Barri, wow, I just got on the computer and you had posted a few minutes ago!

I went to the center when they had the colored plans. I used Purple and Red. Purple had a little less food, and when I plateaued, they put me on Red because they said I needed the extra food for my gym workouts. I did go on to lose more weight with the extra food.

My center closed before the numbered plans came out. They were just starting to talk about them, but I never laid eyes on one.

I did read a lot on the boards here that people were complaining of a stall in weight loss when they had to switch to the new numbered plans. I guess they had more starch and dairy.

barri1970
01-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi Barri, wow, I just got on the computer and you had posted a few minutes ago!

I went to the center when they had the colored plans. I used Purple and Red. Purple had a little less food, and when I plateaued, they put me on Red because they said I needed the extra food for my gym workouts. I did go on to lose more weight with the extra food.

My center closed before the numbered plans came out. They were just starting to talk about them, but I never laid eyes on one.

I did read a lot on the boards here that people were complaining of a stall in weight loss when they had to switch to the new numbered plans. I guess they had more starch and dairy.

They do have more starch and dairy. A starch is 2 slices of bread instead of 1. The dairy is 8oz instead of 4oz.

I am considering doing the old plan because it did work very well.

There is also a book you can download from Amazon called Counselors Weight Loss Program that is the ORIGINAL old plan with all the food on one laminated card. That plan worked the best for me...more restrictive but TOTALLY worth it because it worked GREAT!

TracyC
01-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Is that the plan with weekends off? I remember when I was in LAWL, they said any materials that referred to "weekends off" were obselete. I never got a look at the old plan.

I'll check that out on Amazon.

The Red and Purple plans both have dairy at 8 oz.

Dee2
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't know about you guys...but extra starch is a no no for me. I think that's WW doesn't work all that well for me. I love carbs! (don't we all??) and given the choice...I'll pick extra cals in the form of a carb every time! I'm not much of a fruit and veggie girl. I'm working on it.

barri1970
01-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Is that the plan with weekends off? I remember when I was in LAWL, they said any materials that referred to "weekends off" were obselete. I never got a look at the old plan.

I'll check that out on Amazon.

The Red and Purple plans both have dairy at 8 oz.

no it is along the same lines as the colored plans but with more restrictive choices. Also there are limiteds...you can only have beef or potatoes once a week and not on the same day etc...

TracyC
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Kind of sounds like the old WW vs. the new, with a lot of restrictions. Funny, I think people take things more seriously with rules written in stone, as long as it is not totally unreasonable or unhealthy.

I was always told by my LAWL counselor that you will lose faster with fish or chicken. I like chicken, but it can get old. Unfortunately, my idea of fish is from Red Lobster or Long John Silvers, LOL. I do like shrimp now and then, though.

TracyC
01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Dee, I missed your post earlier. I feel the same way about WW. Way too much starch. I tried it the first time when the points system came out and it worked well, because exercise was mandatory and you could bank points (up to ten a week) but not eat 30 flex points in a day. The more it has progressed, it seems to be about exercising to earn more food. I think of weight loss like balancing a checkbook and staying on a budget.

I like LAWL because you know what you are supposed to eat, the portions are generous, but when you're done, you're done. Also the two snacks built into the program, and a couple of freebies a day, like coffee creamer in my coffee, make it very doable. I am just sorry I let myself get away from the program after the center closed down. I kept it up for a while, but let down my guard.

TracyC
01-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Good morning, everyone. I've had four days on plan and am already feeling healthier. Sticking to the eating plan and 30-45 minutes of exercise at the gym.

I don't expect to lose weight as quickly this time around, so I am not going to beat myself up if I don't lose 2 lbs a week like I did when I first went on LAWL.

Dee2
01-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Well I think I am finished with WW once again. Monday will be 2 weeks and I really haven't lost anything. It's hard to tell b/c I am TOM but still...it seems like I am maintaining not losing. I get the same results whether I go to meetings or do it on my own. Glad i didnt sign up. It's just as well as my LAWL shipment should be here Monday or Tuesday. From what I've read ppl that didn't lose on WW still managed to lose on LAWL so I am looking forward to getting started

Dee2
01-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Good morning! Congrats Tracy! Kutgw!!

TracyC
01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
LAWL is pretty simple and straightforward. Except for the first points program, WW has always seemed to be about finding ways to eat more food and marketing its snacks at meetings.

My post-40 last time prior to LAWL, and now post-50 body can't lose weight eating a bunch of sugary and starchy snacks. I also won't lose if I don't work out regularly.

TracyC
01-20-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm up early today. Everyone eat healthy while watching the football games!

According to my scale, my body has been stubbornly hanging on to my weight since the end of my Fast Forward days, but my clothes already feel looser. I am presuming my body is reacting to eating more normally than I did on FF. That's o.k. I know the weight loss will follow. In your 50s, you are in it as much for the health as for the looks. I see too many people I know with diabetes and heart disease. I don't want to be one of them.

I didn't do Fast Forward or Take Off every two weeks the last time I was on LAWL, because I didn't have to. Back then, I was working out an hour a day 5-6 days a week. Because of that, my counselor said I should use the FF method of the Take Off juice, meat and greens instead of the Take Off method of juice, less food and the bars. She said the TO was not enough food if you worked out a lot. I may do a FF or TO every two weeks this time around, just to keep my weight loss moving. I'll reevaluate this at the end of the first two weeks.

Dee2
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
So you lost a few lbs this time on the take off juice days and it stayed off? Is that what you are saying? I'm in my 40's and also finding it hard to lose more than a couple of lbs. And technically, I didn't even do that since I gained back what I lost in 2 weeks in just 2 days. I have heard different results with the TO juice. I am hoping to lose enough to jump start so I can get the ball rolling. But some ppl have said they did lose a few with the TO but gained it back in the next few days? I realize there are other reasons for doing it so I'm still going to try it.

TracyC
01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
I think it's because (unless they changed the Fast Forward rules in later plans) the FF has you drinking the juice and eating meat and green vegetables. You lose a bunch of water weight while you are getting rid of your sugar and salt cravings. The Take Off plan, which (in the olden days, anyway) you do every two weeks afterwards, or as needed, depending upon your weight loss, has a small amount of protein, some vegetables, the juice and your two lites.

Back when I went to the centers, there was also a plateau breaker menu; pretty straightforward. They encouraged you to eat chicken or fish for protein, lots of green vegetables, berries and citrus for fruit servings, and light bread and crackers for your starch servings for five days. You used the same portions as your regular plan.

I think that whatever amount of weight you lose on Fast Forward or Take Off, it is still a good thing to do because it helps you get rid of your cravings and make you ready for the regular diet.

I always get a little headachy the first day of Fast Forward because I am getting the sugar out of my system and my body rebels a little.

Dee2
01-20-2013, 03:46 PM
I hope all that is explained in the kit. Maybe I can compare notes with you. Sounds like the plan keeps switching. No wonder I'm confused

TracyC
01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
I never had access to the newer numbered plans. I did hear some people say they thought they had a bit too much starch. You can go on ebay at any time and get a hard copy or a CD of the colored plans. That's what I did when I couldn't find my old booklets, which of course showed up as soon as I'd bought the plan from ebay! I appreciate the simplicity of the colored plans, but then again, I never saw the numbered ones.

I will say that at the time that the newer plan was introduced, they had also expanded the selection of starchy snacks like the LAWL brand crackers and popcorn, as well as the biscotti. So I wondered if the extra starch was to encourage people to buy more of the starchy snacks. It is just a thought. I will say that those biscotti were really yummy, and counted as a starch and a fruit! That's the only thing I miss from the olden days!

Dee2
01-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Woohoo got my pkg today!! I'm on plan 2

Dee2
01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Tracy, do you have a weigh in day? Just wondering how week 1 went?

TracyC
01-24-2013, 12:36 AM
Actually, I am going to wait until the day before my next Take-Off juice weekend. I don't want to get into the daily weigh-ins and worry if I'm up a little one day and down the next.

I am feeling better and am in a groove with my exercise, so all is well for now.

TracyC
01-31-2013, 10:38 AM
I am probably too lazy to start a daily thread, so I am going back to this one.

First day of Take Off down, and am having my morning Lite as I surf the 'net. I am hoping for a pleasant surprise on the scale tomorrow.

Dee, don't get discouraged. My body used to drop weight like crazy in my youth, but I have to add regular workouts and really watch my diet to lose half of what I used to. I finally told myself that I need to eat this way just to be healthy, since I am in my 50s and don't need to be eating junk. Funny, if I made it a goal to lose a pound a week, I would be at goal by the end of the year. I know that I, personally, have stood in my own way when I thought I hadn't lost fast enough and just gave up.

I haven't lost as much as I'd hoped, and will probably need the Take Off periods every two weeks, whereas used to, I didn't need them. But in the meantime, I feel better, my skin is getting a bit of a glow from all of that water, and my face is losing that puffy look.

Dee2
01-31-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm wishing you a whoosh on your scale! I did manage to drop a lb. Thank goodness. it's easy to get discouraged when the scale is going the wrong direction. So down 3.4 for the week :)

TracyC
01-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Good for you, Dee! I am a little bit headachy from the Take-Off; probably a sharp decrease in starch because of the no bread. I will weigh tomorrow and hopefully have some good news.

I think I will have an easier time of it when it gets warmer, because my only real difficulty has been with drinking all of my water. In the AZ heat, I drink water all time.

TracyC
02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Well, I'm down 2 from the Take Off. I was hoping for more, but I will admit that I didn't drink nearly enough water. I can't wait for it to warm up.

Dee2
02-01-2013, 02:23 PM
yay!! That's great! Was it easier than the FF or more difficult since you get less food?

TracyC
02-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I think it was a little bit easier to do the Take Off since you have the bars to look forward to. Each day, I got an 8 oz piece of steak (to account for shrinkage) and cut it into thirds. One piece I butterflied so it would look bigger, and the other two I sliced for stir fry. I cut up garlic, green onions, jalapeno and regular peppers and sometimes threw in some bean sprouts to make two oz of meat into a large stir-fry. If you brown the garlic first, the dish tastes "salty" without any added salt. I used a little bit of light salt and some pepper to season. I know bean sprouts aren't on the list, but they are basically water so I just added them for a little volume. I would have my two ounce butterflied steak with a salad for dinner. It always helps when you can fool yourself into thinking you're eating more food than you really are.

Dee2
02-03-2013, 02:50 PM
I have stayed in the 183 zone for the past couple of days. I'm totally ok with that as I am sick AGAIN or still. However you look at it. Going back to the doc on Wed. I think it must be pneumonia not bronchitis. I have uncontrollable coughing. And the heaviness I feel in my chest is similar to what I had back a few years ago when i had pneumonia. If I go back on antibiotics I will have to be patient as I usually gain a couple of lbs.

Lovegoldens
02-03-2013, 04:28 PM
It says that Greek yogurt is. Protein exchange but regular yogurt is a dairy. Does anyone know why and if it is much of a difference?

Lovegoldens
02-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Feel better:(

TracyC
02-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Dee, I hope you're on the mend. I felt just like that in December. I waited too long to go to the doctor because I was "too busy." I was just about to have pneumonia.

Lovegoldens, I am guessing the Greek yogurt is considered a protein because of the extra protein content. I don't have a container in the house, but I think the Greek yogurt has about 20 grams of protein per cup.

thatgirlsmom
02-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Does anyone know what diet program it is that requires a certain amount of some perticular salt, like mortans iodized salt or something like that in its program???? my friend did this years ago, and lost 100lbs, i cant remember what program she did, but i remember this tiny, crazy detail!?!?!?!? help please?!?!!?

TracyC
02-05-2013, 02:55 AM
You might actually be talking about LA Weight Loss. You use Morton Lite Salt, which is a half sodium-half potassium product. Not to be confused with the yucky fake salt also marketed by Morton. The lite salt is in a robin's egg blue container, and the fake salt is in a dark navy blue container, if my memory serves me. The LA Weight Loss program has reduced salt and a lot of water to be consumed, but it does help you get rid of puffiness as well as weight.

thatgirlsmom
02-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Thank you! yes, that was it. Mortons lite salt. I have been reading and it all seems very confusing with which plan color for who.... i am going to keep looking for the booklet she gave me, it seemed so simple! thanks!

TracyC
02-05-2013, 11:53 PM
It's easy enough to get a whole book or computer CD from Ebay with all of the colored plans on it.

I bought that a couple of years ago, and recently bought the modern LAWL numbered plans, which I am using now. I think you lose faster on the colored plans, but the numbered plans have more flexibility and I have enjoyed the foods I've been eating.

You can also get a starter LAWL kit with the numbered plans at Costco.com. They recently had a sale, but even though the price has gone up to $199 again, it is still cheaper than the LAWL website. The starter kit gets you the plan, two bottles of Take Off juice, eight boxes of LA Lites protein bars and some other stuff that you probably don't need.

It took me forever to find a copy of the numbered plans on Ebay, but I do like them.

thatgirlsmom
02-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Thanks! I will check on ebay for the colored plans :)

Dairy Fairy
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Hey guys...
I used to post here a ton and lost about 40 lbs doing LAWL on here but gained it all back and then some when I got pregnant with twins and then of course the stress eating of raising them with very little help.

Hubby and I are doing DASH diet for weight loss now and it reminds me a lot of LAWL. I am pulling out some of my old tricks. Has anyone tried it? I haven't weighed myself but hubby's lost at least 10 lbs (he didn't weight until a week in or so) and I am not weighing myself this time but I can tell a big difference in my pants already. It was just too overwhelming to weigh myself knowing what size I was in, so I decided since I have fat pants all the way down to skinnyI will just try to guage by how my clothes are fitting and hopefully hubby's lbs lost will mostivate me since we are doing the same thing.

TracyC
02-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Dairy, I am a lot like you. I decided I would not run to the scale every day, or even every week. The LAWL program is the way you should be eating anyway, so I don't want to psyche myself into quitting if I don't lose weight as quickly as I'd like.

My pants are getting a bit looser, too. I will only weigh after each "Take Off" period.

I loved LAWL when we had a center ten miles away. I would still be at a healthy weight if they had stayed in business.

I am following the new numbered plans, and even though the weight loss is not as quick, it is the type of plan you can easily stay on for the rest of your life.

Dee2
02-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Hey all, I'm still around. Went back to the doc....complained that I have been sick for almost 2 months. She doubled my inhaler dose. So far so good. She also told me to coast a bit on the diet for a couple of weeks. Thinking maybe it is adding to the stress on my body. I've been good. I lost another lb while coasting LOL. I'm down 6.5. My 2 week weigh in point is tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm hoping to be well enough for yoga on Sunday (fingers crossed)

TracyC
02-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Good for you, Dee! I hope you're back to your healthy self soon.

Shy16
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
OMG!!!!!
I'm super excited to see this support group.
I joined in September 2012 when I had decided that it was time for me to look after myself for a change. The kids are older and I've focused on them most of the time.
When I joined there were three people around and no one around for support. All the treads were 'dead' and there was hardly any activity.
I ended up joining a suppport group on line and no one is doing LAWL and never heard of it. Sometimes no one even posts anything and I'm the only one keeping that thread alive.
I came back to respond to a thread ( I was searching for some info for someone and have been looking all over the place for it.... I recently moved) and I found an active site!
I'm thrilled.
I hope there is room for me in your discussions. I'll post everyday and update often.... it keeps me on my toes.
I just did a TO two days ago.

TracyC
02-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Hey Shy, the more the merrier! I have noticed a lot of LAWL diet followers live in Canada. I understand they still have some centers up there. Do you go to a center, or are you buying your supplies online?

I am trying the new numbered plans, and while the weight isn't falling off of me, it is a pleasant, healthy way to eat, and I know I need to be patient. It took me almost seven years to put this weight back on (luckily not ALL of it, but about 2/3 of it), so I should not expect to get it off of my body in a month. The colored plans I used at the center will be a backup plan if I feel like I need a boost.

I spent way too long feeling resentful that my LAWL center and my gym closed within a year of each other. I was in great shape when I went to LAWL and worked out almost every day for an hour. Now I am in my early 50s and getting my workouts back to hour-long sessions hasn't happened yet. We had a new gym open in the area last June, but it is not quite as nice as the old one. I liked the Freemotion strength training equipment better at the old gym. Oh well, it is definitely better than nothing.

I will try to post every day, even if it is just to say hello to everyone.

Shy16
02-09-2013, 04:05 PM
HI Tracy!
Thanks for the warm welcome.....
I didn't realize a lot of the dieters are from Canada. My centre closed down four years ago along with my paid for bottles of TO and a few boxes of bars! Oh well. That's my new attitude now... 'Oh well. What can I do about it now?"

Don't get me wrong. It took me a while to get to this point. Here's a little history....
I joined about a year before my centre closed down and was doing the coloured plans. I had gained a lot of weight with my last pregnancy and needed to do something about it. I had never dieted in my life and was looking for a long term lifestyle change. Not a fad diet. Then I found LAWL and their approach seemed practical. I liked the fact that I could incorporate my own ethnic foods in as well.... although this took me a while to figure it out.

I was on and off again a couple of times as I had to take time off for personal reasons.

Every thing was good and I was successful at losing my weight but I only had six weeks of paid services left to do my stabilization and maintenance. Unfortunately I couldn't make the last few meetings and my time ran out. I was doing well on my own and DH decided to take a trip to Paris for a conference and I got to go along! Needless to say that a few of the rich sauces started to take it's toll on me and when I got back, I continued the downward trend. I always kept saying to myself that I'll enjoy a few of the things in excess and get my thrills out... I can always to to the centre and get my TO and lose the extra 10 lbs I put on.

Unfortunately, when I did go a month or so later, the centre was closed. I felt stranded and at a loss of what to do. Somehow I thought I had to do the TO just to get my body back into 'losing' mode. I used that excuse for a long time and I even found TO online and ordered it from someone. I think it was expired and it didn't do much for me. I was disappointed to say the least. This attitude / lifestyle continued and I slowly put back most of the weight I lost...

This is taking too long... I'll continue later. I've got company coming over and need to get a few more things done.
I also have to learn how to update my information.

TracyC
02-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Sorry I've been MIA. I came down that Norovirus stomach flu yesterday. I am now on the "I can't eat anything but a couple of crackers without feeling sick" diet. I may just postpone the TO I had intended to start on Tuesday!

Dee2
02-12-2013, 11:34 AM
HI All,

I'm still struggling with the lung infection part of my cold/flu/pre pneumonia thing I went through. I'm not losing much but I'm not really trying to diet. I just want to be well again so I'm trying to maintain. I'm going to see an alternative health care person to see if I can fix myself up that way. It's been well over a month and a half.....very frustrating! Good luck all!

TracyC
02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
I hear ya, Dee. Getting over this virus has been a bear. Not that the fever and nausea lasted very long; it is the fatigue and inability to make myself eat much that has lingered. I know I will NOT need a Take Off session this week like I had planned!

Shy16
02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Guys...
I know I just joined and stated that I will post everyday. That was my intention and I do still plan on doing so...
I'm leaving for a vacation where I'll be surrounded by food constantly. I'm not going to deprive myself. I knew I was going for the last two months and I have been trying hard to lose all the Xmas weight and get down to where I am. I just dropped another dress size and had to spend the last three days shopping for new clothes. What a great feeling!
Anyways... I know I will gain some weight and will need your support and encouragement when I get back. I'm gone for two weeks and I'm leaving tomorrow.

I have not updated my profile yet nor have I finished telling my story.

Basically I'm 2 lbs shy of my goal. I thought that I would make it before I went away but, given the quick suppers I've been coming up with for the last few days, I'm grateful that I've maintained it.

Starting weight: 165.0 lbs (and this was after I was doing LAWL here and there and not really committed.... I was much more than that one year ago!)

Current weight: 142.0 lbs
Goal weight: 140.0 lbs

** total pounds lost; 23.0 lbs
*** this is since I've been keeping track daily starting September 16, 2012

Good luck to everyone and I'll check in when I get back.

TracyC
02-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Shy, I think you will be our official role model! Good for you on buying smaller clothes. Have a great vacation.

Miss DeeDee
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM

RobynM
02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Well Hi Ladies,

It's nice to see folks on the forum. I was somewhat active last year as I re-started the program in Jan 2012. Like many of you, I'd had success in 2005, again in 2007, again in 2008 - notice the trend :D Not permanent loss, but up and down - and then my center closed.

I was up to 266 # last Jan and decided it was time to do something about it. I ordered the new program from the online business (well actually over the phone). And got the LA favorites pack at a great price (2 bottles of Take off and 8 boxes of bars once a month). The weight did come off pretty easily. And when ever we'd have busy times or travel, I just wouldn't worry about it. By about March or April, my hubby joined me. By August we'd both lost about 33 pounds. But then life got crazy. I did well maintaining for a while. But some personal difficulties and work insanity lead to the McDonald's diet :) and I found myself back up in the 240s (and poor hubby had put back on most of what he'd lost in the first place).

So, it's back on track for us. Did kickoff on Mon/Tue and have been following menu 3 for Wed/Thur. Weight's working it's way down slowly. And I feel great. I'd forgotten just how yucky I feel when I eat yucky vs how great I feel when I eat better.

First goal, with maybe 5 weeks as the target, it to get back to the low point on my "ticker" :D. And then onward and downward.

Good luck to everyone else.

I'm not the best about checking in daily, but I'll do my best to stop by once or twice a week.

Take care.

TracyC
02-23-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm back to Take Off on Monday. My daughter came home for the weekend from college, so I will just try to keep the unhealthy food to a minimum.

I lost little weight when I ddn't feel like eating much for a week, but now I need to get back into my routine. I didn't go straight back to LAWL eating becaues I was having a bit of trouble eating a lot of protein after that stomach virus. I switched to my old WW 1-2-3 Success program for a week to keep a handle on my eating but not be so structured.

3meows
02-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Have you guys heard about grab1 bars? They were developed by some people who were on LA years ago and had the bars replicated. I just got a box of them (assorted) and they are pretty good. Cheaper than LA brand bars, but VERY similar stats! I am going back and forth between LA and WW. Have to get on board with one of them soon! Glad to see you guys on this board again!

TracyC
02-26-2013, 03:37 PM
I've used them a lot. The Caramel and Caramel Deluxe flavors are great, the Chocolate Crunch was a bit disappointing, and the Berry Blast bars were awful, in my humble opinion. If you find a flavor you like, they are a great value, with free shipping as well.

I, too, have been going back and forth between LAWL and my favorite WW points program, 1-2-3 Success. I like that particular WW program because it doesn't have the Flex points and you have to earn a maximum of ten splurge points by saving points from other days. I found that I cheated a lot on the newer points programs by thinking exercise was more strenuous than it really was. I don't want to exercise just to be able to eat more.

LAWL is ideal, but I often need more flexibility when I am sick and can't fix all of the foods from scratch. The WW program is a good back up.

Miss DeeDee
02-26-2013, 07:07 PM

3meows
03-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Hello,
Thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. I ordered the Grab1 bars and started on the Red plan yesterday. I decided to wait before doing the Take off as I didn't want to fall off the wagon too soon!

My story.... I was a client back in 2005 before they closed the doors along with about 500 dollars of bars that were owed to me! I did extremely well on the plan and needless to say have gained back all of my weight (PLUS) in the past 8 years or so. I am hoping to find the inspiration from within to stay with the program. :carrot:

Shy16
03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi Guys...
I'm back from my two week vacation. I had a fabulous time and did not let food get in the way of my enjoyment. In fact... I ate to my heart's content and I enjoyed every bit of it. I tried things I never had before! The presentation was gorgeous and I couldn't wait to get my fork into it! lol
Seriously though, the first part of my vacation was relaxing, a lot of food and a lot of walking. The second part of my vacation involved normal amounts of food and some serious walking. 11 hours a day on average!

I had a great time and I knew I would gain some weight. I stepped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that I hadn't gained as much as I thought I had.
My new weight is 147.5 lbs. I gained 5.5 lbs on my holidays.
I must say that my clothes are still fitting and are not snug in any way... in fact, some of my capris were literally falling off of me towards the end of the trip! And these are the ones I just purchased before the trip!

I'm glad to see that more people have joined. Together we can inspire eachother and help eachother in our weight loss journey.

I'll be posting every day (as I promised before). I need to be accountable for my actions and need to write them down.

I don't have any juice to start a TO so I think I'll just start watching my portions and hopefully the weight will come off. I can only get the Knudsens juice whenever I go to the States. I'm definitely NOT going any time soon.

I still have to update my information.... just be patient.

New weight; 147.5 lbs
Goal weight: 140.0

*7.5 lbs to go to reach my goal.
I've given myself a goal date of mid April. I think that's reasonable. I want to reach my goal before my birthday!!!

Good luck to all of you in achieving your goals/mini goals!!!

Shy16
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Just checking if this works.

Shy16
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
To be honest, I haven't really jumped on the bandwagon yet! My legs are still dangling on one side. lol
It's taking me a while to get back into the groove. I've been so busy with helping my kids get caught up on missed school work that I haven't even unpacked! Seriously. That's how busy I am. That's why I haven't been able to concentrate on my weight loss.
Today I plan to start my iron pills again (I didn't take them at all on my vacay because I forgot to pack them and it got easier and easier to NOT take them). However, I need them. I need to get my levels back up and start having some more energy.
I also plan on watching what I'm eating the best I can. I just have to get my mind around it again.
I will attempt to have at least 4 glasses of water as well. To be honest, I didn't really drink a lot of water on my holidays as I knew I would be constantly looking for a bathroom! lol This, I believe, helped lead to my weight gain. Oh well... the point is I enjoyed my holidays.

My weight is the same today... 147.5 lbs

TracyC
03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
A vacation is not the time to worry about eating a lettuce leaf and some broccoli. Sounds like you had a great time.

I have been following my old WW 1-2-3 Success plan since getting over that stomach flu, because I am not ready to eat a boatload of protein yet. That was always my favorite WW plan. No "flex" points, and had to earn your splurges by "banking" points for up to a week, with a ten point max. Twenty minutes or more of exercise is required per day. It is a nice holding pattern for me until I get back with LAWL. I still have a bottle of juice and a few boxes of bars, so I will be ready when the time comes. I will still post here even if I am not always the best LAWL role model!

Shy16
03-06-2013, 01:20 PM
@Tracy; You are the best role model just simply by the fact that you will post daily.

I believe that we have to be accountable for our own actions. LAWL taught me this. I have been in the habit of weighing myself daily ever since I started the program years ago. It has become second nature to me and I always kept a mental note of it ... it kept me on my toes and got me to notice that the numbers were heading in a direction that I did not want to go to again.

I am so grateful to have found this site and fellow LAWL'ers (is that even a word?). You guys know what I'm going through and can offer suggestions to help get to the goal faster. After all, we all went to the counselling sessions and the things we learned are stored somewhere in our mind. lol

Sorry... I don't know much about WW. My friend is on it and goes back from time to time. It's some old plan she's on and she says she knows what to do... she just needs to do it. I saw her after a very long time recently and she lost all the weight and looks fantastic!

I've only ever used the LAWL approach. It made sense to me from the beginning and I eagerly joined. I lost so much weight but never learned to stabilize or maintain it. Unfortunately I gained back a lot of weight....

I'm so pumped. I'm super motivated. I can't believe it!
I did exactly what I said I would do yesterday. Except I only had three glasses of water instead of four. The result???? Are you ready???

I dropped 2.5 lbs overnight!!!!!
That is simply unheard of for me!! I think that my body was ready to get rid of the weight I put on during the holidays.
What a way to get motivated and jump fully on that bandwagon!

New weight: 145.0

5.0 lbs to go to reach my goal!

TracyC
03-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Great job! It is amazing how much water weight we put on when we have to eat out on vacations.

I never had any use for WW until the 1-2-3 Success (first points program) came along in the late 90s. I did really well, but they started changing things up, and now it is just too complicated. On 1-2-3, and a few programs that came later, you could take a simple cardboard slide rule gadget with fat, fiber and calories on it to the store to figure out the points in prepared foods and frozen dinners. On the new Points Plus program, you have to buy this $16 calculator and enter protein, carbs and fat grams for each thing. You look like a corporate spy running up and down the aisles with that thing! Not to mention that the slide rules were "free" with your membership and you had to pay for the calculators. It sounds silly from someone who is overweight, but I didn't like having to focus on every aspect of my food that much.

I loved LAWL and lost weight on it like crazy (red and purple plans) at the center. I tell people I didn't quit LAWL, they quit me! I was doing pretty well on it this time around until I got that stomach flu, and since then have been trying to get back to eating a lot of protein. I am not quite there yet, which is why I'm following my old WW plan for a little while longer. I am back to going to the gym, which had also been tough because I was tired and weak for a couple of weeks.

I tell myself that every positive thing I do is a step in the right direction, even if I'm not perfect. I am through with the "I ate something I shouldn't have so I will blow my diet for the next three days" mentality.

Now, it is time to eat a healthy breakfast!

Last tip---I tried the Pink Lemonade Special K Protein Water packets in my blender bottle and really like it. It has 30 calories, but no sugar, and has five grams each of protein and fiber. It really helps when I need "something" but it is not time to eat yet. I use it with 20 oz of water and some ice in my blender bottle and it has just the right amount of tartness. On WW, the fiber content makes it a points-free food.

Shy16
03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm really super excited!!!
I dropped another pound over night! At this rate, I'll definitely make my goal by mid April. In fact, I may have to reassess the goal again at that point.
I was finding it difficult to lose the last five pounds... I would lose some and gain some back and on and on. It was getting frustrating. Hopefully I'm on the right path and will achieve it without much effort.

I'm truly shocked that I even lost weight. I was eating really well all day and then had some errands to run that took my into dinner time. I ended up picking up fish and chips for the family... nice fried food. Also, I ate one vegetable samosa... another nice fried food! I drank four glasses of water throughout the day at least (I'm having a hard time to get back into the groove of drinking water again... I hardly touched the stuff while away) I try to flavour it when I can but I've run out of crystal light packets :(

@Tracy: I'm glad that you found a drink to satisfy you for the times you need it. Sometimes we need that extra help.
I hope you are able to eat more protein soon. I'm not dissing WW but I KNOW LAWL works and works fast. I want you back on it and, as you stated yourself, you were losing on it until you got sick.
You know, I've not had much of an appetite lately but I am making myself eat what I need to. I don't feel like eating now but I'm going to because I know I will lose weight if I eat! And it's working... lol

I really like your story of the calculator! It made me laugh. I've seen people with these and I seriously thought that they were some sort of spy ... especially when they keep looking over their shoulders! I had no idea it was a gadget from WW!!!! lol
That just made my day. In fact, I'm going grocery shopping later and I'll be on the lookout for one of them.

Sfandra
03-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Well it's been awhile, but it's nice to see the comm active again.

I started LAWL: RR on July 8, 2012, on the recommendation of RobynM, who is my sister.

Today, is 1 day shy of 8 months, and 2 lbs shy of minus-50 lbs!

I had posted a few weeks ago about plateauing & exercise. I think I'm past it now, as my last TO and this week have finally gotten me past the blockade. I was going to start running, even invested in $100 running sneakers, but OMG my shins are wimpy - bad bad bad shinsplints and foot pain, ouch ouch ouch. So I had to find a fat blasting low-impact exercise, and preferably one doable indoors, since we New Englanders were looking at our 3rd snow-storm weekend in a month....

And I found it: Burpees. Otherwise known as squat-thrusts. Anyone familiar with military PT will know these. OMG, serious workout in minimal amt of time. But they are SO effective. I'm doing regular ones now, I plan to add a dumbbell in a couple of weeks.

TracyC
03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Good for you, both Shy and Sf. Sounds like you're both on the right track.

I have found that (in the wisdom of my old age, LOL) it is good to have a "Plan B" if you can't follow one plan. LAWL is wonderful if you have the time to cook and plan, the older WW points are good if you need flexibility, and something like SlimFast, with a shake for breakfast and/or lunch is good if you are on the go and can't focus on food prep. I have finally figured out that just eating willy-nilly because I can't conveniently follow my favorite plan is immature and silly. I try to tell myself I will faithfully follow this plan today. One day at a time.

Shy16
03-07-2013, 04:36 PM
HI Sfandra!
It's nice to have someone new to share experiences with.
Congratulations on your weight loss. That's fantastic. I'm glad you got over your plateau and sorry for the snow!
I'm glad we're actually going to be spared... for a change!
I will definitely look into the Burpees. It would be nice to incorporate some exercise into my routine... although I don't know when I will fit it in! lol
Seriously though, I've been losing the weight and the only exercise I'm getting is from housework and constant errands! I also get a lot from gardening and can't wait for spring to finally make its appearance.
My DH enrolled the whole family into the local 'Y' and he's the only one who seems to make it there. I feel bad and know that I should go because he is paying for it but I can't seem to make the time. Also, I'm afraid I'll start putting on muscle and won't lose the weight on the scale. I want to reach at least 140.0 bs before I start to exercise formally.
What do you think about that? Do you think that I could tone up and not gain too much muscle?

@Tracy: One day at a time is the best plan. That's what finally got me back on track. Once I saw the numbers coming down I was even more excited and remembered why I liked LAWL in the first place. Before I knew it, I lost 25 lbs.
I had to go through all that again recently. Now I'm pumped that the weight is coming off and it's keeping me motivated!
BTW, what are your thoughts about exercise?

TracyC
03-07-2013, 06:20 PM
As I've gotten older, I have to exercise to lose weight. In my pre-age 30 days, just eating right was enough. I try to get in at least thirty minutes a day, but have been slow getting back into a groove since that recent virus.

TracyC
03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I would not worry about getting too muscular, especially if you do more cardio than strength training. I have a five kettlebell next to the couch so that I can mindlessly do some upper body work while I watch t.v. I usually walk the treadmill at the gym, but try to do some strength training every other gym visit.

Shy16
03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
That's a great idea, Tracy. I might have to invest in a kettlebell and try to get some strength in my upper body. I think I do enough walking around to be considered as exercising! lol

The weather is starting to warm up slightly. It's sunny today .... I don't know where the sun has been most of the week. The clocks go ahead tomorrow night. Spring is in the air ... at least for the next few days.
I feel like I've got a new fire under my feet. I want to achieve my goal and be able to showcase the new me while I'm out gardening. I would love all my neighbours to notice the weight loss. Right now everyone is in hibernation mode and wearing thick jackets.
I also think that I may want to tone up certain areas of my body. It may do some good considering the weight I've lost. Some areas could be toned up and not look so flabby. I think I will start hitting the gym when I achieve my goal.

Anyways.. I'm not sure what I'm doing and what's going on but, I'll take it!!
I dropped another pound overnight!
I've been trying to eat all my proper exchanges but I have been faltering slightly. I don't want to play with fire so I think I have to be really good today!
There is a confession I have to make though. I think my scale might need new batteries. I stepped on as usual and noticed my weight was 143.0. I couldn't believe that I lost one pound so I stepped on again. This time it said 144.0. I don't know what to make of it.
I think I'll take the 143.0 because it's lighting the fire under my feet!

Current weight: 143.0
Goal weight; 140.0
3.0 lbs to go!

TracyC
03-08-2013, 11:00 PM
I meant five POUND kettlebell.

I think you will look just fine when big heavy coat weather is over, Shy.

Shy16
03-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Lol!! I knew what you meant!
Thanks for the support, Tracy. I think I'll be okay too. Judging by my clothes and my appearance on my recent vacation, I may need to get a couple of form fitting tops. It will showcase my weight loss better.

I'm super excited and pumped. The stars must have aligned in my favour for a change......
I dropped two pounds overnight. I'm shocked to say the least.
I now weigh less than I did before I went away!

Current weight: 141.0
ONE pound to go to reach my goal!!!!!!

Tracy, have you started LAWL yet? I hope you do soon... one day at a time. Also, I hope that WW is getting you the results that you want.

TracyC
03-09-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm still in my WW holding pattern, but am down a pound. I am finally back to regular exercise--I did over an hour of walking today. Some at the gym, and the rest around my hilly neighborhood. I can't lose weight without regular exercise.

Good job on being nearly at goal!

Shy16
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
I was busy with houseguests for a few days. Unfortunately I gained two pounds back.
How easy it is to gain! I could have had total control of what i ate but I didn't have a minute to think! Eight kids demanding my attention took its toll on me!

Shy16
03-14-2013, 11:16 AM
I am still 'maintaining' at 143.0 lbs. I'm happy with that weight considering all that food, and might I add junk food, I ate yesterday! I just couldn't stop myself. I can usually eat a few potato chips and call it quits but I couldn't stop yesterday. I ate bowl full after bowl full and also squeezed some pieces of chocolate in just for the fun of it! Agh.
Today I'm back on the bandwagon... I was doing so well until I got my little house guests.
I couldn't post during that time as I couldn't even get to my computer!
Also, for some reason, I couldn't post on day. It wouldn't let me and I didn't know what to do about it. I just gave up and tried yesterday. I don't know how I managed to post yesterday and had trouble before. Weird.

barri1970
03-14-2013, 02:05 PM
I am still 'maintaining' at 143.0 lbs. I'm happy with that weight considering all that food, and might I add junk food, I ate yesterday! I just couldn't stop myself. I can usually eat a few potato chips and call it quits but I couldn't stop yesterday. I ate bowl full after bowl full and also squeezed some pieces of chocolate in just for the fun of it! Agh.
Today I'm back on the bandwagon... I was doing so well until I got my little house guests.
I couldn't post during that time as I couldn't even get to my computer!
Also, for some reason, I couldn't post on day. It wouldn't let me and I didn't know what to do about it. I just gave up and tried yesterday. I don't know how I managed to post yesterday and had trouble before. Weird.

What plan are you on? I am debating between the new plan 2 and the gold/blue plan. I am currently 162 and want to get down to 150 by the end of next month. I am going to start working out 30-60 minutes a day...

Shy16
03-15-2013, 12:50 AM
HI Barri: I am on the Daily Menu Plan 1. I love it. It really worked for me in the past and is working for me again.
Funny thing.... I started on the Gold plan when I first started and then they switched to the numbered plans and told me that it was much better. I happened to be at the spot where I had to go 'down' anyways and they switched me over.
I don't remember much about the gold plan (although I still have the book) but the number plan makes so much sense to me.... it is my way of life.

I strongly recommend that you start with the numbered plan. I think you will really like it.
BTW, I lost all my weight without doing any exercise.

barri1970
03-15-2013, 09:53 AM
HI Barri: I am on the Daily Menu Plan 1. I love it. It really worked for me in the past and is working for me again.
Funny thing.... I started on the Gold plan when I first started and then they switched to the numbered plans and told me that it was much better. I happened to be at the spot where I had to go 'down' anyways and they switched me over.
I don't remember much about the gold plan (although I still have the book) but the number plan makes so much sense to me.... it is my way of life.

I strongly recommend that you start with the numbered plan. I think you will really like it.
BTW, I lost all my weight without doing any exercise.

How long did it take you to lose it?
I think I have to start on Plan 2. I do want to exercise...stress relief! I am hoping to be down to 150 by the end of April.

Shy16
03-16-2013, 12:55 PM
@Barri: I started this whole new weight loss journey in mid-September 2012. I lost most of it before the Xmas holidays and I've been up and down since. By the end of January I finally reached my pre x-mas weight (there were so many more gatherings every weekend in January) and I finally lost more weight by mid-February. I was just 2lbs shy of my goal when I went away for a two week vacation.
It took a lot to get back on the bandwagon but, once I started to notice the weight dropping off, I quickly stayed on the path.
Then, my neices and nephews came down for a few days for their spring break and I was trying to entertain 8 kids. I didn't really follow LAWL during that time and ended up gaining!
I was just one pound shy of my goal and .... well.... here I go again!
It's so easy to gain the weight we work so hard to lose.

Plan 2 sounds like the best plan for you. I never had that plan and just tried to lose the weight by sort of using the old gold plan until I got down to the ideal weight to start the Plan 1.

Stay true to the lifestyle of LAWL and you will lose weight for sure. You can definitely make your goal by the end of April.

Do post often and let us know how it's going.

TracyC
03-17-2013, 02:29 PM
I am just trying to maintain this week. My daughter is home from college for spring break. I have healthy food in the house, and take snacks with me, but I'm sure once or twice we will be out and about and have lunch. I also find that I don't go to the gym as regularly when I have "company."

barri1970
03-18-2013, 09:35 AM
ok so today is my first day of 100% I decided to go with Plan 2. I am going to try and get 30-60 minutes of exercise everyday. I am starting at 162.4...still hoping to be at 150 by the end of April! I have to go to a BIG banquet with my husband for his work the last Friday in April so I really need to get this off ASAP so I can look for something to wear! I will try and weigh every other day and see how that goes...I will post my weight so maybe that will help me to be accountable!

Shy16
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Agh.
I just typed this whole big update and encouragement to @Tracy and @Barri and I don't know what happened.... I guess it's floating somewhere in cyberspace!
Agh.
I'll catch up when I get back.... I have to go out for a bit.

judithanne013
03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi! After moving from one weight loss plan to another and another and another, I have decided to come back to LAWL. I lost alot of weight in the early 2000 - my books are from 2004 and am planning to use the same books. I am starting out in the red plan. So far today I am doing great although I am trying to hold the soda down to one bottle. I know the last time I did not cut out the soda and still lost but this time I am trying to go by the book. Loved reading your posts and hope to be on more.

TracyC
03-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Welcxome, Judithanne! The more the merrier.

I have promised myself I will get back with my LAWL proagram after my daughter goes back to school this weekend. I have been following my backup plan, WW 1-2-3 Success from the late 1990s. It is my plan to use when I need extra flexibility. I have decided that although I will not promise to be perfect, I will always have Plans A and B, instead of giving up when I have a dinner or other outing to go to.

Shy16
03-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi Judithanne and welcome! It will be nice to get another perspective on this whole weight loss journey.

@Tracy; Sounds like you have a great plan that works for you. I like the fact that you have the flex. when you need it and that should keep you on your goal.
I was in the exact same boat as you are in last week. I had 8 kids in my house and was busy entertaining them. My 'diet' flew out the window and I ended up gaining weight and my streak was over. It was a good run.
Hang in there. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

@Barri: I'm glad that you are doing Plan 2. I think you will see the weight just fall off of you. Stay focused and determined and you will lose it before the end of April. Then you can walk into your party wearing a nice fitting dress and have all eyes on you! Keep that image as your goal and you should be fine.

And now for me.....
I decided that I need to get back on track. I didn't really follow LAWL yesterday but I was aware of what I was eating and I ended up losing one pound overnight! Yeah! Now I am jumping back on the bandwagon and want to lose that weight.

Current weight; 142.0
2 lbs to go! I was exactly at this weight just before my holidays.

barri1970
03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Well I lost ALL control last night...I had a few drinks then all my willpower went out the window! I didnt even step on the scale this morning!

Today is the first say of spring...time for new beginnings...time to turn over a new leaf...I WILL not cheat! Not even a little until the end of April!

The hardest thing will be Easter Dinner...we are going out with my parents and my inlaws...hopefully I can find something LAWL friendly!

I can and will do this! My biggest obsticle now is deciding what plan is best for me...I lost 30lbs in like 6 weeks on the blue plan right before I turned 35...now I am 42 and hoping that plan 2 is the best for me at this point in my life!!!

Shy16
03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
@Barri: Don't sweat it! These things happen and throw us off our kilter. The lesson to be learned is that you are still determined to lose the weight and are not giving into living with temptation. lol
Just stay focused and you will succeed.
I keep falling off the wagon too easily... and when i'm off, I sometimes find it hard to get back on 100%. It takes me a while.
Well... I'm back on. The last two days i've been on 80% and still managed to lose weight. I'm thrilled and this has kicked me back onto that wagon with full gusto.
I hope to achieve my goal before Easter. I'll be going to my Mom's house and there is always great food around. I'll be there for four days and I know I will jeopardize my efforts. I find it really hard to follow LAWL whenever I go away.

Anyways... I dropped half a pound overnight!

Current weight; 141.5
1.5 lbs to go!

barri1970
03-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Shy...you seem to lose overnight all the time! LOL Easter is just one day...just dont let it turn into a week or a month and you should be fine!

I have to stick 100% too! It is hard! Maybe I will go back to one of the old plans...they seem easier to me to follow...plus they had carb cravers and you could eat pizza and take a carb enter and it was considered 1 protein...LOL!

I want to try to get up in the morning before work and get my exercise in too!

Shy16
03-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Barri... it's true. I do lose it overnight. That's how LAWL works for me and always had!
I have to weigh myself every morning so I am accountable for my actions from the day before. If I wasn't good, it would show up on the scale and, if I was good, I would either stay the same or lose a little.
BTW, my digital scale only weighs in increments of 0.5 lbs. So I may have lost more on a given day but my scale won't budge until I have lose a significant amount of weight.

I think you should definitely do the plan that is easier for you to follow. You already know it... it's embedded in your head somewhere. It's tricky to learn something new to what you already know, especially in the portion sizes.
Funny thing is I still refer to my booklet for the actual serving sizes. I don't know everything by heart.

Anywho.... today I maintained at 141.5 lbs. Maybe if I actually drink some water I may lose on the scale.... you think? I'm so bad when it comes to drinking water.

Shy16
03-23-2013, 11:03 AM
March 23
I'm happy to report that I'm still 141.5 lbs. Actually, I'm grateful.
I know it would have been less this morning as I was very good all day yesterday but, I blew it by having pizza last night. I had a lot of pizza last night. It was so good. No regrets.

I'll just have to work harder today.

Shy16
03-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Hmmm....
Still the same. I guess no loss is better than no gain!

Tracy, has your daughter left yet? How did you do with managing your food during the past week?

Barri, come on!!! You can do it! The first step is STARTING the plan. When you see the weight come off you'll be committed.

Shy16
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I lost 0.5 lb! So now my ticker is accurate! I didn't change it because it was motivating me to get back there.
I'm surprised that I actually lost as I figured out that my 'no loss' was due to water retention.... yes.... it's TOM. I'm shocked that I actually lost. I NEVER do, in fact, I gain weight during this time. Strange.
Hey.... I'll take it.

Current:141.0
Goal: 140.0
1.0 lb to go

Shy16
03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Still 141.0 lbs. It's also TOM and I'm still shocked that I didn't gain any weight.
I'm trying to be really good. I'm craving certain foods(junk) and am trying really hard to resist the urge. Chips. Chocolate.
I may be overeating in other areas to compensate. I measured my food last night but went back about four times for a teaspoon worth. When you're dealing with rice it adds up to a lot!

How are you guys doing? Where are you?

TracyC
03-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Hey, all is good. I ate more than usual last week but ran around a bit with my daughter so I think there was enough balance. I am back to healtier habits this week. I will weigh in on Saturday.

Shy16
03-27-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm sure your weight will be just fine, Tracy. Maybe you balanced better than you thought? Good luck with your weigh in on Saturday!
I'm glad that you're back... I was starting to think I was the only one around here. I did state, in the beginning, that I will post daily. I need to be accountable.

Anyways... I really excited! I dropped 0.5 lbs overnight! I was truly shocked as I ate a huge plate of pasta last night. It's TOM and I was craving a nice plate of comfort food.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually dropped weight! And during TOM! Double shocker. This never happens to me.
It was so refreshing to see a new number I haven't seen yet:

Current weight: 140.5 lbs
Goal weight; 140.0 lbs
0.5 lbs to go !!!!

**maybe I might just reach my goal before Good Friday?

Shy16
03-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Still maintaining at 140.5 lbs! It feels great to finally see the number '140'. Even if I don't make my goal by tomorrow I still feel like I've won!
Unfortunately, the feeling won't last too long. I know I'll gain weight when I'm gone as my mom is a fantastic cook. Also, I just received another dinner invitation on the weekend.
Agh. It's going to be hard. OH well. I guess this is just part of my life....
I'll have to work really hard again to get back to where I am now and, hopefully, achieve my goal.

TracyC
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Remember the old slogan from LAWL---Free to Live.

Life intervenes sometimes. You are obviously taking good care of yourself, Shy, so I'm sure your mom will understand if you eat a lot of salad and less of the starchy goodies. I'll bet she's proud of your progress and won't stand in your way.

Have fun!

Shy16
04-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the support, Tracy.... In fact, my whole family actually noticed my weight loss. I see them regularly and no one had noticed. Suddenly one member noticed and the rest said 'oh yeah! You look great!'
It was a nice feeling.
Well, I didn't deny myself any chocolate goodies or any yummy food. The result is that I went up again. I now weigh 142.5 lbs. Hmmm.....

I had originally given myself until mid-April to lose the weight and get to my goal. I may... MAY... just make it! lol
Oh the vicious cycle of losing weight.... or maintaining!

TracyC
04-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Good for you that they commented on your appearance. We may tell ourselves that we are doing it for personal reasons, but it is always nice to have our hard work noticed!

Shy16
04-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks Tracy!
It did mean a lot. It makes me want to achieve my goal. Even though it's only a couple of pounds, there is satisfaction in accomplishing something.
I guess my body is not going to look any different with the loss of 2.5 lbs so, by appearance alone, I have reached my goal! I love the way the clothes are fitting on me and, most of all, I love the way I can just go into a store and pick out my size!

Tracy: How are you doing? Are you still on WW or are you following LAWL?

Shy16
04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey guys.... how is everything going? I hope that you are well on your way to achieving weight loss success!

I dropped 0.5 lbs and my new weight is 142.0 lbs..... I'm slowly getting there. I decided that the only way I will achieve my goal is just to get back on that bandwagon and do it!
Wow.... these last few pounds are a pain to get rid of. It seems that my body likes them and wants to hold on to the memories! lol.

Shy16
04-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Still 142.0 lbs. I'm grateful for that.
All day, whenever I entered my kitchen, there was a bunny staring at me. He would look at me with those pitiful eyes and beg me to come closer and take a better look. I resisted his charms and continued on with my day. However, I always knew he was there.... Sadly, at 10pm last night, I couldn't resist him anymore. I went over and grabbed him. I ripped off his shiny exterior and bit a chunk out of him. He was filled with sponge toffee which just melted in my mouth and made me want more. Before I knew it, he was gone and the only remains of him was the melted chocolate on my fingertips!

TracyC
04-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Sometimes it is better to get something like that out of your system.

It was easier for me to avoid the temptation of Easter candy because my husband had to work, and both kids were away at college. So I didn't buy candy, either full-price before or half-price the day after!

Shy16
04-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Lucky you, Tracy! I was surrounded by chocolates. The bunny was given to me and none of my children wanted it because it was mine. So it just sat there for a few days until I finally caved in.

Unfortunately, this might have signalled a series of events that has got me eating things I would normally have control over.
Agh. I either gained 0.5 lbs or I stayed the same. I think my scale needs new batteries.

I am motivated and I have desire but I can't seem to stay on that bandwagon fully. I keep faltering.

I don't know what to do....
Maybe things will be different today as the sun is shining and it's supposed to get really warm today! Unlike yesterday where it was windy, cold and grey and there were frequent periods of snow falling down!
Such extremes. It's crazy.

TracyC
04-07-2013, 04:19 PM
You asked me in a previous message if I was still following the old WW or LAWL. Well, at the moment, none of the above. I don't know if it's my menopausal body or some other reason, but whenever I eat sweets, I want more sweets. I dragged out an old plan of mine called "The 35+ Diet for Women" which, obviously, was designed for older women. It is almost exactly like LAWL, but does not have the bars or other sugary treats. It is simple, nothing weird to buy and great for this time of year, when it is a pleasure to eat five servings of vegetables and three of fruit. I get my sweet fix by using my one dairy serving to make a fruit smoothie with two servings of berries and half a pack of sugar-free Jell-O powder. But since there is no added sugar, I don't crave everything in sight.

I know I sound like the most wishy-washy person in the world, but I guess with the hormonal changes of menopause, I need to tweak things until they work again.

I also worked out at the gym five days this week. I know that I won't lose the weight by dieting alone.

The "35+ Diet" book has some great recipes in it as well, which I often refer to just because they taste great. The book was from the 1980s but it is sensible and not something that is "dated" by having been written a while back.

Shy16
04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Tracy: You do not sound like the most wishy-washy person in the world! Don't think that way about yourself.
In fact, you sound like the most educated person. You know what is going to work for you and, as you mentioned, you just need to tweak it to suit your needs/lifestyle. I think that's brilliant. You have a plan and you just need to implement it into your life, work on tweaking it, and things will work out. You just have to be patient during the tweaking phase.... it will take time and motivation but, once you get over it, you will be living the lifestyle that works for you.
I like the fact that it's almost exactly like LAWL without the bars. I really like LAWL and find it a great approach. (I've never done any other 'diet')

And good for you for going to the gym. Again, you KNOW what works for you. You're smart and you're tackling this wonderfully.

As for me.... I decided to stay on the bandwagon yesterday and I actually consumed 4 glasses of water, something I don't really like to do. I ended up losing weight and this is my motivating factor once again. I might be able to make my goal by next week, by my birthday. If not, at least I won't have those extra pesky pounds around!

My new weight is 141.5 lbs. I'm staying on track from now on and let's see what happens. It is sooooooo hard to lose the last couple of pounds.

Shy16
04-09-2013, 11:58 AM
So I managed to stay at 141.5 lbs.
That's good new considering that it was DH's birthday yesterday and I consumed two slabs (pieces) of lasagne, caesar salad drenched in dressing, garlic bread and ice cream! I didn't have cake... I'm saving up those calories for my own cake... lol!

sometimes I feel like I'm testing fate. I'm just thankful that I didn't gain weight and I will stay focused today and drink more water than I normally do.... which isn't much!

TracyC
04-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Shy, so far, so good. I am down about two pounds this week, but may have been up more before, because I got a little lax while my daughter was home for Spring Break. I have the feeling I was up two or three before getting on the 35+ plan, so I might have actually lost a bit more to end up where I am today (if any of that makes sense). I didn't weigh before I started, which was stupid.

The 35+ Diet for Women has protein servings of one, three and six ounces, respectively, for the three meals. Three servings of fruit and at least four of vegetables. I often have more vegetables because most are free and I can have some for a snack if I like. One eight-oz dairy and two starch servings. A serving can be two slices of diet bread, so you can have a sandwich. After staying on 1-2 weeks, you can add an extra serving of starch and a non-sweet alcohol serving. You stay on that plan until you lose your weight, and then there is a maintenance plan that adds some foods back in. The best thing is that it emphasizes low sugar rather than low sodium, so you can add salt and spices to make your food taster better.

I will say that I have as many bathroom visits as when I was on LAWL, so I know that I am not retaining water! I know, TMI.

I think this is a good compromise, and can always go back to LAWL and the bars if I think I will die without something sweet each day. As it is now, I am using my dairy (1/2 yogurt and half milk) + two servings of berries + 1/2 pack of raspberry Jell-o powder + 1 tbsp of Splenda to make a thick, sweet smoothie either for breakfast or a later morning or early afternoon snack. It satisfies my need for something sweet without making me crave more sweets.

It is very LAWL-like, but I was feeling the need for a little more structure for a while.

Shy16
04-10-2013, 11:29 AM
OMG....OMG....OMG..............................OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 10, 2013
I DID IT!!!!! I achieved my goal this morning! I can't believe it. I'm still in shock. In fact, I must have stepped on the scale at least five times just to make sure that I saw what I saw. AND... I did see what I saw!

140.0 lbs!
Thank you very much!!
How I dropped 1.5 lbs overnight is beyond me but I'll take it!
I reached my goal 6 days before my deadline.

TracyC
04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Yay! I am so happy for you!

Shy16
04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks Tracy!
It's a good feeling finally seeing that number.... I felt like i accomplished something!
Hmmm..... I lost another pound overnight. I can't believe it! I'm going to ride this as long as it will go.... besides I could use the extra wiggle room and get rid of the extra fat around my body. I might stop at 135.0 lbs.

I feel like my body has finally kicked into gear!

Once I finish riding this wave, I'm going to have to work on Stabilization. That's when it's going to get hard for me. I only got to week two in the past and then I left for a holiday. When I got back, my centre had closed down.
I never really learned what to do and the weight slowly crept up.
I'm comfortable with losing the weight.... that system is imbedded into me.... it has become part of my life. Unfortunately I never learned how to stabilize and maintain my weight.
It's going to be a hard lesson with ups and downs.... I could surely use your help and expertise!

Anyway... sorry for not responding to your post yesterday.... I was a little excited that I reached my goal.
You are doing fantastic!
You're right, the 35+ diet sounds a lot like LAWL. So it should really work out for you. You need to find out what works best for you at this point in your life and go with it.
I like the fact that it has no bars.
I have to get off of them. But I'm not really sure what to substitute them with.

TracyC
04-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I think there are have been occasional mentions on the 3FC boards of how many starch and protein servings you add to make up for the bars. I wonder if a search of old posts could yield that information. I think when I went in 2005-2007, the counselors never suggested that you should skip the bars (no $$$ for them!) and were always trying to get you to buy their supplements.

I wish LAWL would come back like Weight Watchers and have meetings in churches and libraries at a minimal cost. I know a group rah-rah session once a week would not be the same as the three weigh-ins I used to have a week, but it is a good program and could have new life in a lower-overhead operation. A girl can only dream, right?

Shy16
04-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the information... I'll look into it. There are so many threads, agh!
I just think it would be good for me to try and maintain wthout the bars and then do the stabilization.
Or should I stabilize and then cut out the bars?
What do you think?

TracyC
04-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I was thinking for the colored plans, that to do the program without the bars, you went up to the next higher colored plan and did that one without the bars to make for the lost calories in the lower program.

I'm not sure if your Canadian program was different, or if your were on the numbered plan. I think there were a lot of people from Canada on the boards back in the day, so you could probably just search "canada lawl" and see what pops up! Maybe they would have the old maintenance tips.

Shy16
04-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Still 139.0 lbs
I like seeing that number!

I'm on the numbered plan. Number 1.
I started the program on colour (gold) and then they switched to numbers and I was put on Number 1 right away. I continued on that until I reached my desired weight.

I'm searching but having a hard time finding out the info i need. So... I am continuing with my bars until I find the answer. Besides i have so many.
I guess they're good to have as a back up when you can not simply think of what to eat!

How are you doing with the 35+ this week? Any more progress? I'll bet the weight is just falling off.

TracyC
04-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I'll weigh in on Monday. I have a lady's club luncheon tomorrow and hope I don't stray too badly. It is the ultimate trap. You pay $20 for the meeting and luncheon and for that price, you will definitely want a bit of bacon and a muffin to go along with the fresh fruit. It is not a friendly world out there for dieters, and skipping the meeting is not an option because I am in charge of hospitality and need to be there to meet and greet new members. So I will just have to work extra-hard on Sunday, and also not overeat tomorrow.

Shy16
04-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Good luck with that and I hope you don't gain any weight.
I hate when I would work so hard to lose a couple of pounds and then some event/gathering/party happens and all that effort is lost.
Good luck.

I've spent the last three hours off and on trying to find the info I need and no luck.
I'm going to quit now 'cause my head is spinning.

Shy16
04-13-2013, 02:44 PM
still the same....
I'm still researching for the information i need and I am getting frustrated. I'm spending way too much time with it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't mind but I am getting visitors by mid-week and i need to do some serious cleaning. As well as put away all the 'stuff' I've been unpacking.

...DH just called me and told me that he might be bringing his cousin back with him tomorrow night for a day or so. Great. I'll be happy to see her but I've got all this stuff around. I guess I'm just going to have to spend my day packing things back up and putting it all into the basement again.

I hate when last minute things like this happen... especially when I was planning on getting 'x' amount of things done by mid-week.
I hope I eat properly during this time. I do not want to gain back what I worked so hard to lose.

Shy16
04-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Still maintaining at 139.0.... so far.
Still trying to find the information I need. But i'm giving it a rest for a couple of days. I have company coming over tonight and I need to clean up and cook. I've been neglecting house work as I've been engrossed in finding the info I need.
I've got a lot to do in such a short time.

TracyC
04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Funny how it is easiest to lose weight when things are normal and predictable. My husband was home for three days (regular days off every other week) and we were out and about shopping and went to dinner on Saturday night. Chinese food always means loads of sodium and water retention, but I also enjoy the somewhat rare dinner out we have together. We prepare most meals at home because we both want to eat healthy foods. But life does intervene at times.

Shy16
04-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm glad you got to enjoy some quality time with your hubby. You deserve to be treated out to dinner once in a while!
You're right.... life does intervene. I had company come over and they're gone now. I am going out of town tomorrow night for the families April birthday celebrations... I know, a school night! But it couldn't be helped.
I gave myself some wiggle room to have cake and enjoy a nice meal. If I gain some weight, it won't matter because I am NOT going over 140!

Today I weight in at 138.5. I dropped 0.5 lb!

Shy16
04-18-2013, 09:04 AM
The celebrations were nice. It was great to see all the family together and enjoying eachother's company.

No one said anything about my weightloss. I was more particular about my SIL's reaction and.... nothing. I noticed that she took a quick look at me but didn't say a word. I sort of knew beforehand that she wouldnt... she's just that type. Everything is about her and her family.

No matter... I know how I look and I know it's obvious that I lost weight.
My neighbour was out yesterday as I was getting ready to leave for the celebrations and she literally came out and asked me if I lost weight.... we haven't seen eachother all winter! lol
Just as she went back in, another neighbour was driving by and stopped to tell me how wonderful I looked!
Sooooooo, I'm guessing that my SIL noticed but decided not to pay a compliment.
In fact, she pretty well ignored me most of the time. She spend most of her time sitting and talking with one of the daughters. And she spent the rest of the time talking with my other SIL!
Two peas in a pod!
Both strange.

My TOM is here and my scale needs new batteries! It's a good thing that I don't know how much I weigh. lol

TryingItAgian09
04-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Hello all!
I've truly enjoyed reading through all of your posts. I was a member of LAWL in 2005 and I lost 50#. I have since gained almost all if not all of it back. I have been thinking about starting back up again but I no longer have any of my color plan booklets. They have been missed placed or lost through the many moves I have had since I stopped going to my local center. Of course that center is long gone by now (it's a Jamba Juice) and I'm a little leery of giving LAWL "online" any more of my money. I've been able to find the same program package offered on their site on Amazon. My concern is that I don't know anything about the "new" program. Are any of y'all using the plan offered on their website or are y'all using the older programs? My plan is to hopefully purchase the Silver Program at first and then buy my bars for Grab 1 Bar. For those of you who bought off of the LAWL website, what did they call the next phase program? I'm sorry about all the questions, but I just discovered that LAWL was back. I thought that with my missing color booklets I had lost my chances of ever using this program again! Any info/advice you would be willing to share with me would be greatly appreciated!

TryingItAgian09
04-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Also did anyone have issues ordering from Grab1 Bar's website. I'm getting the same run around as I did when I tried to order from LAWL's site.

PS I have the program now. Just waiting on my Hollywood juice and to figure out how to order the bars.

Shy16
04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Hello TryingItAgain09! Welcome to the group!
We could always use another 'voice' around here!
I usually post everyday but I couldn't even get to my computer for the last few days.
I had unexpected company and they ended up staying the night. It seems that my birthday celebrations went on for a few more days and didn't end up being just the one day! Yikes!

Thank goodness that it's TOM and that my batteries haven't been changed yet for my scale. I'm not sure I want to know my actual weight. I know that I gained some but I think I've gained more than I had intended to.

To answer your questions:
Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to your questions. I'm doing the numbered plan. I'm on Number 1. I had started on the Gold Plan when I first joined and then the numbered plans were introduced just as I needed to go 'down' to the next colour.
I've kept all my books and had these to fall back on.

I've used the Knudsen's Morning Blend for TO when I did it in September 2012. I also occasionally eat Kashi bars.
I've never ordered anything online. Sorry I couldn't be of any help!

I hope your juice comes in soon so that you can start the program! Do post often and let us know how things are going. After all we're all here to help one another to reach our optimum health!

TryingItAgian09
04-22-2013, 11:15 PM
I got everything ordered. I found the complete color program on ebay for $20 and was emailed right to me. My juice and bars should arrive by Thursday. So I will start TO on Monday next. I'm trying out the Grab1 Bars. If I don't like them as much as the old ones I'll get Kashi bars when I run out.

I love Knudsen's Morning Blend! It has all the "P" fruits which is funny because it makes you go go Go!

Good luck on your weigh in. Whatever the out come may be, I know you will prevail! You have too positive of an attitude not to :)

TracyC
04-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Hey Trying, I'm glad you've come to add your experiences to this thread.

I like the caramel nut Grab 1 bars, the regular caramel are good, but the chocolate crunch bars are rather disappointing. The berry blast bars are awful---like eating berry cough syrup-flavored bars.

Costco.com usually has good prices on the LAWL stuff as well, if you have a membership.

Shy16
04-24-2013, 11:55 AM
okay...
I still don't have new batteries. I forgot to buy them yesterday! lol
It's a good thing.
However, my jeans are still fitting nice and loose. It doesn't feel snug anywhere and that makes me believe that I didn't mess things up too badly.

I can't wait to hear all about your weight loss, Trying! I believe that you'll succeed.

Tracy... how are things working out with the 35+ diet? I hope you're getting the results you're after. I also hope that the weight is starting to come off quickly. Please let us know how it's going.

I have to admit.... since the birthday celebrations and then TOM and not having my scale working, I've been taking advantage of things. I've been eating whatever I want and as much as I wanted. No portion control. I over did it on starches... I know I did... but I was looking for comfort foods. The crazy weather didn't help either.
Also, I ended up having company over for longer than I thought I would and I couldn't follow LAWL properly. I also didn't drink enough water.
How's THAT for falling off the wagon? It was supposed to be ONE day of celebrations and I gave myself wiggle room. I didn't expect the company to stay as long as they did.

Today.... despite not having a scale to know where I'm at..... I'm going to watch what I eat and get back to measuring and weighing. I am also going to drink at least 4 glasses of water. I've got to get back and either get to 135 lbs or start my 'stabilization' phase. I never really did that and I'm a little scared.

Shy16
04-26-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm trying my best but I'm not trying too hard. It's been a crazy busy week and I have not been eating as well as i should be. In fact, I've hardly consumed and veggies!
Agh.
Today is really busy as well with serious baking and decorating for a school fundraiser.
AFter this, everything will slow down a bit and I'll get back into normal life.
Actually life would have been normal all along if things didn't get messed up when I had the company over. I'm still trying to get back on my feet after that. I knew all these things were going to happen in the last part of the week.

Shy16
04-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Yikes.... but not too bad.
I gained some weight and have to get back to where I want to be to start stabilization.
Current weight: 141.5
Goal (again): 140.0
1.5 lbs to go.

Then I'll reassess it again and see if I want to stay here or go down to 135 lbs
Wish me luck.

How are you guys doing?

TryingItAgian09
04-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Ok ladies, tomorrow is the day I restart my LAWL diet. I've got everything ready for TO and my food journal filled out through next monday with corresponding foods purchased. I also got a Fitbit one and a Fitbit aria (thanks to unexpected money)I will try very hard to get on here every night if possible. I'm so excited to be doing this again (thats the truth with a slight hint of sarcasm).

I'm so glad to have y'all to bounce thoughts off of!

Shy16
04-29-2013, 10:40 AM
@Trying: Good luck with the TO! I hope you lose a lot.

I am also finally getting back on the bandwagon today. Ive been having too much fun and enjoying too much food. And, yeah, it was good.... very good.
But.... I can't take advantage of it. I need to get back to where I need to be and start the Stabilization phase.
So here i go again....

Trying... I may check in more often than once a day! If you need anything, just post and I may be able to answer right away. Assuming, of course, that I know the answers! lol

Good luck to us all
How are you doing @Tracy?

TryingItAgian09
04-29-2013, 04:54 PM
OMG I am SO hungry and if I pee one more time.... Today so far hasn't been too too bad. Though I have had my panic moments, I just stop and remind myself that this isn't the end of it all, but the begining. I can do 2 days of this. (Thank God it only last 2 days!!) Wednesday will come and I'll have more to eat and hopefully less to carry around.

Fingers crossed!!

Shy16
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
LOL. I know what you mean! I remember always looking forward to having a piece of bread for breakfast after TO. I would savour every bite and really chew.. but, it was all gone before I knew it!
The day is almost over! Just one more.
Hang in there!
Let us know how much you lost from day one!

barri1970
04-29-2013, 08:45 PM
I am not starting with TO. it never seemed to do anything for me. I decided to just start right in with the diet. I asked my counselor if TO is absolutely necessary and she said no. You can also do it with oranges or grapefruits in place of the drink.

capricious
04-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Hello All!
I, too, am a former LAWL'er. 2006, 2009, 2010. 3 babies. 3 times on the program. Each time except for the middle time I lost about 20 pounds. And that middle time was cause baby number three decided to make a surprise introduction :D
I've been on the Ideal Protein diet since LAWL closed down. And I was very successful with it. Lost all my weight, entered maintenance and stayed there for a year before I started gaining and gaining and gaining. Unfortunately, I find myself in a vicious yo yo this past year as I try recommitting to the first phase of IP which is incredibly strict and I don't feel particularly healthy.
I happened across the offer at Costco for the LA program and it rekindled my affection for the program. I like that I can still exercise, that there are rules (more so than WW) and yet it's not completely restrictive and (like IP) isn't based on being in ketosis (IP is and I find that it's causing some health concerns).
Very, very happy that there are posters in this forum!!!! Yay!!! My scale is broken... I'm vacillating between fixing it... and just going with the flow. Because it truly isn't about the number on the scale. Much more for healthy eating and feeling comfortable in my own skin. But the scale can sometimes offer motivation (and recrimination ;)) in much smaller increments. So... hmmm...
Anyway, today is day 1 of the TO for me. I was really confused as to whether I was supposed to have 2 bars and 6 oz of protein or unlimited protein and no bars. This has been cleared up for me after having read through this thread. In my time at LAWL I was gold and then later plan 2. I preferred the gold but I think the number plan still works...
So happy that the TO is only 2 days... looking forward to the end of tomorrow...

barri1970
04-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Hello All!
I, too, am a former LAWL'er. 2006, 2009, 2010. 3 babies. 3 times on the program. Each time except for the middle time I lost about 20 pounds. And that middle time was cause baby number three decided to make a surprise introduction :D
I've been on the Ideal Protein diet since LAWL closed down. And I was very successful with it. Lost all my weight, entered maintenance and stayed there for a year before I started gaining and gaining and gaining. Unfortunately, I find myself in a vicious yo yo this past year as I try recommitting to the first phase of IP which is incredibly strict and I don't feel particularly healthy.
I happened across the offer at Costco for the LA program and it rekindled my affection for the program. I like that I can still exercise, that there are rules (more so than WW) and yet it's not completely restrictive and (like IP) isn't based on being in ketosis (IP is and I find that it's causing some health concerns).
Very, very happy that there are posters in this forum!!!! Yay!!! My scale is broken... I'm vacillating between fixing it... and just going with the flow. Because it truly isn't about the number on the scale. Much more for healthy eating and feeling comfortable in my own skin. But the scale can sometimes offer motivation (and recrimination ;)) in much smaller increments. So... hmmm...
Anyway, today is day 1 of the TO for me. I was really confused as to whether I was supposed to have 2 bars and 6 oz of protein or unlimited protein and no bars. This has been cleared up for me after having read through this thread. In my time at LAWL I was gold and then later plan 2. I preferred the gold but I think the number plan still works...
So happy that the TO is only 2 days... looking forward to the end of tomorrow...

Omg I have the exact same story as you... Only one child but as far as doing Ip and ww. I just stopped Ip this week because I feel like cramp all the time while I am on it! It works but is it worth feeling like crap all the time? I have recommitted to lawl... I too did the gold plan when I lost about 7 years ago i have not really tried the numbered plans but I do have them... Any thoughts by anyone as to which work better... Colored or numbered? I am starting with plan 2 and I figured I would change over to colored if I am not seeing as much success... So this morning I was 162.2. Hopefully I will not see this number on the scale for long! Best if luck to everyone!

Shy16
04-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi Barri.... glad to see you back! I've been wondering how you've been doing and what you've been up to.
I, too, did not do TO when I started this weight loss journey in September. I just started eating what I knew to eat and the weight started to fall off.
I did the gold plan and plan 1. I lost weight with both but, plan 1 is the plan that sticks in my mind. I find that I can follow it much easier!
Good luck with you choice... I think it's a good one. Start the numbered one and see how it goes.

@Capricious: Welcome! It's so nice to have yet another person for bouncing ideas around to.
Good luck with your TO and may you lose plenty!
Do post often and let us know how things are going.

I've been bad. I want to be good but.....
I'm not eating from all the food groups and overeating on the starch. I'm finding it hard to get my veggies in. I like veggies but I don't know what's going on.
I think I've taken too much for granted in the last two weeks. I've been enjoying too much good food. It's time to get strict and get back to where I was so that I can start the stabilization phase.
I need to lose 2 lbs now to get to 140. I may reassess it and make a new goal of 135 when I get there.
Also, I need to find what exchanges are allowed for the bars? I want to stop them but I don't know what I'm supposed to eat.

Any ideas?
Please help.

@Trying: How's it going?

TracyC
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
My lifesaver is "veggies hiding in plain sight." My favorite is to add a can of no salt added tomatoes to a serving of ground beef, as well as a bunch of sauteed (in non-stick spray) peppers and onions, to make some homemade chili. I add the spices from my favoritel chili recipe. I like the vegetables cooked with my food a lot better than I like to eat salads every day.

Sorry to have been AWOL, by the way. I am getting things in shape (no pun intended, but makes me laugh) for my DD to come home for the summer. You don't realize how much cleaning needs to be done until you are in the middle of it.

I haven't weighed in a while, but I visited with my parents last weekend for the first time since Christmas, and they both talked about how much thinner I looked. That was nice to hear.

TryingItAgian09
04-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Ok Day one of TO is over and I have a better handle on things today. I lost 2# as of this morning. I'm loving my Peanut Butter Grab1 bars. They taste just like the old LA Lites, just a little chewier :)

Shy- I know how you're feeling right now. I just needed to have a conversation with myself about who is actually in control here and that all these yummy foods aren't going anywhere (except straight to my tummy and bum). You have 2# to lose, which is the hard lard. It's still only 2#...for now, but soon it could turn into 4# then 10# and so on. Take the control back and get back to that beautiful goal weight of yours!!

TryingItAgian09
04-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Ok so I'm a little proud of myself. The hospital I work for is having a bake sale tomorrow for Relay for Life. I was going to bake something yummy, but I just knew that I was still far too weak to be anywhere near baked goods. So I purchased some goodies instead. I left them sealed up in the locked car. TO off is OVER and I made it through without error! Yea for more food choices tomorrow!!

Good luck and good night ladies!

Shy16
05-01-2013, 10:41 AM
@Tracy: You're right! The veggies are there. I just have to be creative. I also like to mix veggies into other foods but I also like them as is. I think I've been losing motivation and I'm tired of thinking 'what do I make for dinner?' everyday.

@Trying: Thanks for the words of wisdom... you're absolutely right. That is exactly how I put the weight back on. I never went through stabilization and never learned what to do and the weight just crept back on.
I did a little sole searching yesterday and told myself that I have to jump back on the wagon fully... don't let my legs dangle.....

I'm happy to report that I dropped one pound overnight. I did everything correctly and measured my food and guessed at the amount to eat for my starch (I had something different that is not covered by LAWL). AND i drank my veggies! I found a bottle of V8 and had 1 cup of it.
The results speak for themselves...

Current weight: 141.0
1.0 lbs to go!

@Trying; Good for you for not falling into temptation!

capricious
05-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Okay... so TO is over! I'm proud of myself because my husband really wanted to take the family out for dinner last night at the favourite authentic Italian pizza place. I ordered a salad with a lemon vinaigrette on the side. It was super yummy! I love ordering salads out because they have so many bits and pieces that I don't normally take the time for at home (cilantro, little bits of red onion). It was great to wake up this morning feeling like I am on the right track of moderation. Really enjoyed my Greek Yogurt and raspberries with a few almonds for breakfast. I split the protein portion so that it was 3/4 c of Greek yogurt and 6 almonds.
@Barri- Well it's great to have someone around who has had such similar experiences to my own! I found with IP, that while it definitely works it was reinforcing a terrible binge/ restrict pattern... mostly learned in maintenance where a free day is followed by the Phase 1 day. It really taught me a lot about healthy choices and watching the carb (starch) intake which I had never realized was so important previously but eating healthy is a lifelong commitment. Phase 1 does not seem healthy to me. Too few calories, too many packaged/ processed foods. Hence my return to LAWL. I know I will always need to watch what I eat but I also need to live a bit. And it is great that this program allows for an occasional glass of wine or piece of pizza.
For me the only real difference that I noticed between the number plan and the gold plan is that the gold plan allowed me to pair my food choices as I wanted and the number plan denotes how I should plan them. I preferred the gold plan in this way as I didn't really find that the number plan offered greater losses for having more restriction. So, while I'll try and follow the set meals... if I'm not hungry for more I'm not going to eat it just because it's part of that set meal. That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
@Trying- It's funny that we both started the exact same day! What was your breakfast this morning??
@Shy- Firstly, Congratulations!! You have done an exemplary job of showing what a positive, moderate attitude can do. Get to goal, while still living along the way! You give me hope that such things are possible :)
Secondly, in regards to the stabilization process...
With my Costco order came a booklet that explains the different stages. The Rapid Results stage is the one I believe you've been following up to this point. The next stage is the LA my way- which the booklet states should be followed after losing 20 pounds OR reaching goal.
It really isn't too much different from your current eating plan it just allows for an extra ounce of protein and there are a bunch of starches/ vegetables that are now allowed. In my experience of maintaining what you're doing is maintaining... You watch the scale, enjoy having a bit more when you have company or vacations and cut back when you see the number on the scale rising. I do remember that my clinic said when you hit maintenance they start adding in an extra starch and a bit of extra protein and then leave it for a week to see how it affects the scale and keep adding back until a level number is reached. For the bar replacement I think it was an extra fruit & starch. Definitely the extra fruit but I'm not positive what was in addition to this... I think it was a starch but I can't remember for sure... Maybe try calling LAWL to go and ask?
@Tracy- my mindset is fairly similar to yours... just doing whatever works and qualifies as healthy eating. I have a problem with sugar as well and am fairly leery of trying to incorporate the bars again as having one always makes me want another 5 :o At this point I'm thinking of knocking down the bar intake to one a day or find out what the replacement for a bar is for sure and use that instead. Also, I'm considering adopting a bit of the WW protocol that allows extra points. I would do this by eradicating one of the two bars allotment daily. I figured roughly the amount of points we are eating on LAWL everyday and with one bar it works out to 26. My daily goal on WW. It would allow me a bit of wiggle room on the weekends or for birthdays etc. And as I know that one of the things I really need to work on is not being so all or nothing I think this would really help with that. Have to see... for now I just want to stick to the plan ;)
Hope everyone has the sun shining on them today!

capricious
05-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Okay...
So I chatted with LAWL online. And they said the bar exchange is 2 starches and 1 dairy for both bars.
@Shy...your best bet may be to go to LAWL online click on the 'chat' icon. They communicate with you through messenger on the computer. You can ask them how you go about properly phasing off now that you've reached goal...

Shy16
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
OH, Capricious!!!!!
Your kind words made me blush :) Thanks for making my day. You can and will do this! It's all about attitude.... and you seem to have it.

How can i ever thank you for getting this information for me???? Thank you. Thank you..... Thank you!!!!

I just ran out of bars and I really didn't want to go out to the store and get any... I was getting worried that the effort of yesterday would all be lost today. This is fantastic news!
I have come across so many different 'versions' of what replaces the bars that I was getting confused! I read that they could be replaced with 1/2P to something like 1/2P,1V, 1F and 1S. I was getting so frustrated that I literally threw up my hands in frustration.
The great thing about your answer is that you just got it from the source itself!
I can't thank you enough!

I will definitely look into the LAWL online when I get to goal..... I'm thinking of maybe getting down to 135? I'm not really sure yet... It took so long just to get to 140 that I'm quite happy here... Besides, I might have to buy more bottoms if I go that route. lol
I already have to go and buy new tops. I think most of mine are too loose. I'm talking about the t-shirts.... my blouses are fine... they are the light fluffy chiffon ones that are 'in' right now.

capricious
05-01-2013, 04:35 PM
@Shy- I just wanted to add that one of my favourite ways to have my veggies is pureeing them in the blender... I make a green smoothie with kale, spinach, celery, cucumber and sometimes lettuce. To this I'll add either an apple or a banana to sweeten the taste (but you can use your preferred fruit). I found during take off that I really enjoyed pureeing the veg and then adding the TO juice. It's quite refreshing. Another thing I enjoy is cauliflower 'rice'. I'll grate a head of cauliflower (usually in my food processor but a regular grater works just as well- it's just a tad bit more work ;)) and then either steam it in the microwave for a couple minutes or sauté it with a bit of coconut oil. If I steam it I really like to add a bit of salt, cilantro and lime juice. If I sauté it I add cumin, ginger and a bit of paprika.
@Barri- I was reminiscing over the gold plan and I long for the days that there were the carb trades. My favourite was a peanut butter and jam sandwich being considered a protein. And three sticks of twizzlers were a starch.

TryingItAgian09
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Capricious- this morning I had a whole small banana and 7 almonds. Lord I never enjoyed a fruit and nuts more than I did this morning! I used the Emerald Cocoa roasted 100 cal pack. You can get about 2.5 servings per pack and the nutritional facts are the same as the no Na roasted ones. Plus they tasted SO good! I followed breakfast up with a mid morning snack consisting of a peanut butter Grab1 bar and 4oz of skim milk. I lost a total of 3# during TO. I realize this is mostly water, but I also feel better and I'm not craving anything anymore.

Shy- One more pound to goal!! You can do this!!

capricious
05-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Angie- I feel the same as you in that cravings have subsisted ( thank goodness). I'm still waffling on the scale issue... I'll probably put new batteries in it tonight and if I'm feeling brave tomorrow I'll step on it. If I do weekly weigh ins maybe it will help keep me accountable.
I had a coach recommend putting the bars in the freezer. It makes them much harder to eat and therefore since one has to take their time the bar is more satisfying. I'd never done it because I'm not a fan of cold chocolate but in the name of doing what I can to make this work I tried it tonight. And it worked as promised. Took a bit to get through and I really enjoyed it.

Shy16
05-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Good for you girls..... may the TO be only the beginning of your downhill journey! lol
Seriously though, just stick with it and measure and weight the food as much as you can and the weight will just fall off. I know it will.

This morning I stepped on the scale and was pleasantly surprised that I lost 0.5 lbs! Yay!

Current weight: 140.5
0.5 lbs to go!!!!!

Yipee!!!!
BTW, I drank 9 glasses of water yesterday as I was in the sun for most of the day! I spent a total of 6 hours picking weeds from my back yard... crazy eh? Two hours in the am, stopped for lunch, two hours in the pm and stopped for a long break. I need to get supper ready and give my hand/muscles a rest! I was so sore! But that didn't stop me.... I spend two hours in the evening picking more! I was extremely sore all evening and night. I slept soundly but woke up all stiff and sore.....
Yup.... you guessed it..... I'm going out again after breakfast. I've got 1/3 of the yard still to do.
I moved into a newer house almost two years ago and realized that we have nothing but weeds growing in our lawn. I spent the better part of the spring and fall reseeding and pulling weeds (especially in the front yard).
I've already pulled the weeds from the front last week and the yard is looking good. I have to keep on top of it. I've also reseeded. AT least I have grass now. So...... I thought to just leave the backyard for the fall or next year but, something told me to just start in one area and al least get a handle on those weeds. Before I knew it, I decided to just go with it and pull out as much as I can. So now I'm pulling them all! I already have three large yard waste bags filled! They are so heavy! I need DH to help me get them into the car and off to the dump!

capricious
05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Good Morning!
@Shy- congrats on the .5 drop- that's wonderful! All that gardening sure sounds like a workout. This is my project this year. To take the best care of my outside that I can. It's one of those talents that I've always wanted and still need to acquire. I feel I've got the cooking, tidying, organizing skills well underway. I really need to work on the gardening and sewing. We finished our green house last year and have started seedlings in the house. The weather has been terribly uncooperative however and pushed me back far further than I like. But this weekend is supposed to be a positively balmy 21 degrees so I foresee a lot of time outdoors this weekend :)
I am trying a new recipe that was sent along with my order from Costco from LAWL. It is for a sweet potato soup. It's simmering right now and smells wonderful. I can't wait to try it!
I put new batteries in my scale last night. Just have to decide if I want to step on it... or when...

Shy16
05-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Good morning girls!

Literally take what I did the day before and apply it again to yesterday!
Am I crazy?
I've spent 12 hours pulling out weeds in two days. I'm sore, stiff and all I see are weeds, in my mind's eye! AND when I was walking around the property I saw at least seven that I somehow missed! There are so many..... it was impossible to get them all. But, hopefully all this effort will not be futile!

I did use some of that time to cut the edges of my property and to refresh the dirt around one tree. Today, when the dew finally evaporates, I will finally go out and cut the grass. It is so long. I wonder how many yard waste bags I'm going to fill? I already have 5 (maybe 6) bags filled with weeds! That's how many I had! The bags are extremely heavy. I'll probably get around three bags of grass clippings. I hope my minivan can handle all these bags. I only want to make one trip to the dump.

So anyways...
I dropped another 0.5 lbs! Yay. I did it. I reached my goal.

Now I have to decide if this is where I want to be or do i want to lose another 5 lbs!

capricious
05-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Way to go Shy!!
That's fantastic news about being exactly at goal! And having your yard completely done! What a wonderful start to a beautiful day :)
The sun is shining here and it's supposed to get to 20!!! Yay!!! Finally, it seems that winter is on it's way out the door.
We repotted all of our seedlings last night. My husband has to put the last part of the greenhouse up and we will be off and running. We live on 40 acres... so my yard is a bit of a different situation...
I went to Zumba last night. Oh, how I had missed it. It's funny that sometimes you don't realize how valuable something is to you until you lose it. No diet is worth giving up the things that are good for you and make you feel good. So happy to be on a moderate eating plan that allows for exercise!
The Sweet Potato soup that I made from the LA cookbook that came with my order was very good. So good that I went on the site and ordered 4 more cookbooks. Working out the exchanges on foods is much simpler when it's done for me ;)
At Zumba there was a lady that I recognized from a few months ago when I was doing it regularly and she looked fantastic. Much trimmer. I mentioned this to her (because I deeply believe that when you have something nice to say about someone you should let them know) and she was so pleased. She said she'd been having a hard time because the scale hasn't really been reflecting all her hard work but she has been losing inches because she's fitting into smaller pants. But that it was nice to hear that other people can see the difference. It is amazing how far a little encouragement will go.
The instructor was talking with us and she commented that weight is a funny thing. When we focus on it too much we have a tendency to hang on to it. Almost as though the stress of losing it keeps it on us. And that when we don't think about it so much it falls off. I think there is some truth in this. So I will continue focusing on providing my body with the best fuel possible and only as much as I need and get back to exercising a few times a week. For me exercise isn't a chore... I love the way I feel when I'm doing and after...
Shy I think this must be akin to your gardening (which does sound like quite the workout!). It is a labor of love...
Anyway, Happy Friday All!

TryingItAgian09
05-03-2013, 10:16 PM
TGIF!!!!!

Shy - How exciting it is to be at goal again! I hope to feel that excitement some day too. Even in my first round of LAWL I never made it to my goal weight. Mostly because I think they set it too low for me. I hope you keep posting in here to cheer us on to the finish line!

Capricious - How was you soup? I've found myself happily living vicariously through others meals :) My BF say it's like porn for me lol. I've looked on the Costco website and it says that it can not find anything in regards to LAWL.

Ladies - knowing that I have your posts and words of encouragement to end my day with has been such a great help with being "good"! I do wish I had an activity I truly enjoyed to exert some energy and occupy some of the time I would usually use to obsess over my next "food fix". Zumba sounds fun, but very scary all at the same time. My works gym has a pilates/yoga pole class on sundays, but thats only 1 hour per day. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

So I'm concerned with my first weekend back on the plan. I have all of my meals planned and in my journal filled out. I have a 5k that I'm walking/jogging in. So that will be a good start, but I'm also going out with my besties for dinner. I have decided that I'll be good and enjoy their company more than the food we are eating. My second worry is that I've been house sitting at my parents house, so I have been able to surround myself with only foods that are on the plan. I go home tomorrow, back to all my BF's cookies and chips and anything else bad that I've been able to avoid for the last week. I've got great determination so we will have to see.

capricious
05-04-2013, 12:40 AM
@Angie- if it helps any there are some recipes on this site for cookies. Most are an oat based... some with raisins... and they count as one starch.
I, too, am going to meet with my 'besties' next weekend. And I am really looking forward to being able to partake in a drink with them. In all my time on IP it was very difficult to do this because alcohol is forbidden... and I think my friends are frustrated with my non participatory stance all the time. They really couldn't understand why I wouldn't be more lax about it because we are only able to get together a few times a year (we live a few hours apart now). So, I take great joy in the fact that I'm going to be able to allow myself to enjoy some cheer with them :)
Had a great NSV today. Went to the mall with my kids and bought a pair of capris in a size 10. They were even a bit loose on me. Earlier this week when I tried on a 10- they were tight! It was a different brand but I was happy just to have them fit me so well... it was very encouraging!
My husband loves his treats as well. But the great thing about this program is that there are many things we can incorporate it just has to be in moderation. If you're really craving chips remember that 6 nacho chips is one starch.
I love a class because exercising in the same manner at the same time as a bunch of other people enables me to feel that I'm working toward a common goal. And I find them more fun than working out alone. But really, anything that keeps you active is great. So a 5k run/ walk is definitely that! Good for you!

Shy16
05-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Good morning Ladies!
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had an early start and had to get my DD to a charity yard sale. Then I got home and loaded up the car with my weeds and headed to the dump and garden center and so on. They day just slipped away. But I really enjoyed it. It was relaxing as I got to plant some violas around my tree and some in pots. I just wanted some nice early coulour to look at. I worked so hard at pulling weeds that I want to enjoy the look of it now. I also got to fix up a couple of small flower beds we made when we first moved in and they have been neglected and full of weeds. Basically, I'm trying to make things look nice and kept and be ready for any plants I must have. At least I'll be able to get them into the ground as soon as i bring them home! This is a first for me ;) But I have to say that it is a nice feeling.

Mind you, i still have those pesky weeds popping up. I must have pulled out 4 from the front yard and three from the back yard yesterday! I'm going after the obvious yellow ones. There are more today... I'll go out after breakfast. It's never ending. Oh well. My goal was to be on top of it all.

@Capricious; Lol. Your yard definitely is in a category by itself. If I lived there I would let the weeds do whatever they wanted to!
I sounds beautiful though.
I'm jealous of your greenhouse. I can imagine you planting an enormous veggie garden and feeding yourself for the season and freezing or canning the bumper crops!
Congratulations on fitting loosely into a size 10.... way to go! That's awesome. I remember the feeling I had when I would go down a dress size.

@Trying: Thanks! You will feel the excitement of getting to goal someday. It will happen. So what if you didn't make it last time.... you will make it this time.
Just stick to the plan. The more you do, the less you will want the junk lying around that your BF has. BEfore you know it, you'll actually pass on those foods because your mind and body will want something else. This is where the bars come in handy.... they fulfil those urges and gives you something sweet.

So.... I feel fantastic! I wasn't even really trying yesterday... I mean, I did try but then I overate a protein (and I knew I was as I was eating it but..) and I ended up eating waaaaay more starch than I was allowed. My DD1 made a bowl of popcorn late night and we shared it while waiting for the rest of the family to come home from out of town!
So why do I feel fantastic if I over ate some food groups? Is it because I felt satiated? Is it because I got to have a late, late night snack?
No. I feel fantastic because I dropped 0.5 lbs! Can you believe it?

Current weight: 139.5
Goal: ?????? (I'm 0.5 lbs less than my goal of 140.0 lbs)

Have a fantastic day and I'll check in again.

TracyC
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Shy, as long as you are healthy and feeling like what you're doing is a lifestyle and not a "diet," then you can keep doing what you're doing! Good job.

My downfall in the past has been to think I was "cured" when my weight got to a certain point. That's why this time around, I have been weighing myself a lot less. I was trying on clothes to go to a ladies' club meeting over the weekend and was shocked to see how loose some of the clothes had become. I put on a shirt that was tight last time I tried it on and this time ift fit great, so I wore it to the meeting.

My daughter is coming home from college this week, so I plan on getting a summer gym membership for her, and my husband wants to join as well. I think with everyone getting on the fitness bandwagon, the weight will be even easier to lose.

I am so happy to "see" so many new faces!

Shy16
05-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Tracy, thanks so much for your kind words. You're right. It is a lifestyle to me and not a diet. I feel great... I feel light... I know I will have a wonderful summer and be able to wear whatever I feel like and feel confident wearing it!
I'm proud of you for fitting into clothes 'better'. Good for you! .. and I totally understand your desire not to weight yourself everyday. If that's what works for you, then go with it.
For me, however, I feel quite lost if I don't weigh myself everyday. Thanks to LAWL it's become a habit and it keeps me in check and accountable to me.

I am still holding at 139.5 lbs and feel great. I did some more gardening yesterday and my yard is looking quite nice and kept. It's about time! I've only been here for short of two years but my efforts are finally showing. I can start to enjoy my backyard.

I'll probably do a little bit more today (in the front) and then that's it. After that it will just be to maintain everything. Any heavy duty stuff will be done in the fall..... i think. lol

What I should do, actually, is focus on the house and CLEAN it. It has been neglected and only the essential things were getting done. AFter all, the outside is clean so the inside better match!

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?

TracyC
05-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I hear you about the house cleaning. I have been cleaning out an area in my son's old room (he's been away at college for more than four years---in grad school now) to relocate my sewing table. I never knew so much dust could be hiding in such a tiny area! I still have a lot of moving, sorting and cleaning to do before I can move my things in. Grrr. I just have to let some things go. I can't keep every little thing that he ever did in school, etc. I think it can be a mental decluttering as well.

capricious
05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Well...
It was a pretty successful first weekend. We went to a craft fair on Saturday, where quite unfortunately I lost my brand new phone :(
The friend that I was with invited my family over for supper as there was going to be a couple families there... which I agreed too.
It worked out that I ended up making the main dish (a blue cheese stuffed pork tenderloin). Just had a small piece of that, some veggies and a couple bites of bread. I did have two drinks... but I have given up my one bar each day so that I can have a little bit extra on the weekends.
Yesterday I was searching for my phone and on the go again but ate everything I was supposed to... Yay!
I was extremely full in the evening. I think because I'd been on the go so much that my meals were quite light early in the day and then I had a heavier supper meal/ snack. But I'll take it! I love ending the day with a full belly :)
@Shy- how wonderful for you that the garden is almost to the point where you will be able to enjoy your efforts! I have so much outside work to do I'm not even sure what piece to bite off first :o
@Tracy- it is a great feeling when the clothes start getting a bit looser. I'm constantly reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day and it is going to take time for me to regain the shape I want.
Had Zumba this morning again and it was HOT in there! Wow! Even with the fans going and the door open. I had sweat pouring off me when we were done. Love the endorphins after though- they just can't be beat!

TryingItAgian09
05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Well the 5K was a bust thanks to my iPhone's faulty directions. Oh well....I had fun with the girls and still didn't gain anything when I weighed in this morning. I did well most of today, but I had a weak moment and ate a few broken pieces of the BF's old red velvet cookies. I threw the rest away. Oh well there's always tomorrow.

On a happier note the BF fixed my Fitbit aria! I so loved and missed my scale and all it's coolness :)

I am glad you ladies are doing so well. Your successes contribute to my motivation!

Shy16
05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Okay, so.... I didn't exactly do housecleaning. I tried. I did some. I ended up going outside in the afternoon and the evening to mow the lawn. I can't believe how long it got already.

So, I have to seriously clean now.... my sister is coming over for a bit as she's in town for a dr's appointment. We've recently finished my DD1's room and my sister wants to see it. I have absolutely no idea what shape the room is in. After my tea I'm heading upstairs.

..... the grass could have waited until tonight when my sister would have been long gone.....
I have to work like I've got ants in my pants to get the things done in time... or at least presentable.
DH has to go out of town all day.... sadly a childhood family friend passed away yesterday and the funeral is today. He must have been around 45. Just 5 months ago, the father of this individual passed away.
... life is just too short...

Hmmmm......
Anyways... on a lighter note.... I don't know how it happened but i'll take it!!!
I dropped one pound overnight! Yippee!!!!!

Current weight: 138.5 lbs
Goal: ?????

**this is exactly where I was just before my birthday celebrations.

@Tracy: I know what you mean about keeping all the school stuff. I hold on to everything but my kids are 13 and under. I can imagine how much stuff piles up by the time they hit university.

@Capricious: I hope you find your phone soon.... good luck with that!
It sounds like you had a great day with your friends. It worked out great that you got to make the main.... at least you know what went into it and you know how much you are allowed to have for your serving sizes. It's great when you can know ahead and make the right choices and stay on track.

@Angie: There's always going to be another 5K! I'm glad that you made the most of your day and it ended up being enjoyable.
Also, good for you for just nibbling on the cookie and dumping the rest out. That shows sheer determination.

barri1970
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I am having a hard time staying on track..I really need the accountability of going and getting weighed in each week...having to stand on the scale in front of someone...

I am considereing joining WW...not following WW...still following LAWL...just so I can have the accountability I need to stay on track...

Any thoughts and / or suggestions???

capricious
05-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Barri- I was thinking exactly the same thing. LAWL is great for giving the structure of eating but I think WW can provide the 'real life' support and accountability through the scale. I mentioned before that I figured the 'points' in a day of LAWL and with 2 bars it is 31 points... WW recommends 26 points per day but has a leeway of an extra 49 points per week for going out etc.
So I cut out one of the bars. I like having a safety net so that if I slip it doesn't completely derail. I am really really really trying to focus on moderation over restriction/ free for all mentality.
So...
I, too, am going to start with the weekly WW meetings... after TOM shows up ;)
And coming on here too is so helpful. Others successes and obstacles are so in sync with mine... and it helps to know there are others in the same boat...

Trying- don't worry too much about the cookie pieces... sometimes the internal dialogue of 'why do I want this cookie so much?'... 'am I really hungry?'... if the answer is yes...'then how about a piece of broccoli?'... 'am I still hungry?'...'how will I feel after I eat this cookie?'...
It can help bring mindfulness to the situation. You may still opt to eat the cookie but you will have controlled the process of having it. And you may talk yourself out of the cookie... it worth trying...

capricious
05-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Good morning all...
I went to Zumba with a friend who really wanted to try it last night. It was pretty much the same routine as Monday and I am sore. Yay! Being sore is always such a positive sign that the working out is working out :D
My house is in upheaval right now as we bought new couches for upstairs (ones that are far more wipeable than the micro fibre we made the mistake of purchasing last year- it really did not work well with three small children) and the old couches are in my living room all on top of each other as my husband is bringing them out to his man cave but the floors will not be done until tonight. It is so hard to be zen when one's home is anything but. I am so looking forward to it righting itself tonight :carrot:
I just finished off my go to breakfast of greek yogurt, almonds & berries. So yummy... For supper last night I had chicken caesar salad. Bothouse yogurt caesar dressing is very good!
Planning on a salmon tonight. I bought an all natural salmon rub at the craft fair on Saturday and I'm anxious to try it.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Shy16
05-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey Capricious,
I love that ... "It is so hard to be zen when one's home is anything but." It pretty well describes me.
I finally got my home to zennish properties... there's still the floors to be mopped and a pile of 'stuff' in my hallway to put away. THEN it'll be good.
But it definitely is a great feeling to have a clean house and to see a kept front and back yard.

I'm putting seed out in the front yard.. I only came in for a tea break.. as we're expecting a thunderstorm and some rain for the next day or two. Also the temperature is expected to get a little bit cooler. That's perfect for grass growing. Hey... anything to win my fight with the dreadful dandylion. I must have pulled out 7 of them in the front yard already! Everyday. When will they stop!!!!!!

I had salmon a couple of days ago and also used a rub on it. I cedar planked it and it came with a recipe for a rub. It was amazing. I had it with roast potatoes and broccoli.

I'm making lentils for supper. I'm not sure if I should have it with rice or with a flat bread. I'm making mung bean lentils and it doesn't usually go with rice.
I was thinking of making some falafels as well... for a crispy sensation to go along with the lentils.
Also, I'm not sure if I should use store bought flat bread or make my own. I guess that all depends on the time factor.

I'm maintaining at 138.5 lbs. I'm still not sure if I should lower my goal to 135.0 lbs.

Shy16
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Good morning!

Today I'm still maintaining at 138.5 lbs. I haven't really been trying to lose weight... I'm just going with the flow.

Thank goodness it rained last night and things are set to get a little cooler in the next few days. I like the warm weather but, I think it should come gradually and not overnight. The trees and grass need the cool weather to get them the jump start for the season.

Yesterday, when i was out in my front yard, I started to get this itchy eye. I've had it for a few days and, usually at night, I can feel a pain when I rub my left eye. Nothing came of it until yesterday. My eye was starting to swell up and become itchy. It was, and still is, so sore to the touch. It is even more puffy this morning. My eyelid is literally red. I couldn't sleep because of the pain... it was aweful. I'm hoping that I can get into the doctor's office this afternoon to show her.
Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

So last night I did make the lentils with homemade flat bread and falafels. Yummy. It was soooooo good.
Now my dilemma is what to make tonight. I seriously have no idea and I have to make something that all my kids will like.

Shy16
05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Good morning!
Where is everybody???
It's getting lonely here again!

So. It ends up that I have an eye infection.... a stye! I've never had one and its' quite painful. I'm on antibiotics and pain killers.
Funny... my eye actually looks worse today....

I ended up eating pizza for supper. We ordered from our neighbourhood mom and pop shop. It was so good. I overate. I felt that I needed some comfort.

This morning I was up 0.5 lbs! I'm now 139.0 lbs. I figured it's because I overate the pizza. I mean I did eat 4 slices! Oh well.
Now I realize that it's actually TOM! I didn't even realize!
I didn't even have any of the usual symptoms.....
I'm guessing the pain in my eye is masking all other symptoms. lol.

I hope everyone is doing fine and I look forward to your posts.

Wendelina
05-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Greetings!

I was hoping to find some people who are trying to do the old LAWL plans. I lost 40lbs successfully, and over the past 1.5 years put it back on. Wth!? :mad:

So the goal is to get back down on the scale, and keep living in a healthy manner. I need some accountability, that's for sure!

Any room for an old timer in here? :D

~Wendy

Shy16
05-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi Wendy II: There's always room for every body around here! Welcome....
It's always nice to have a fresh 'face' and a different experience to share with every one.
What plan are you on? The old coloured plans or the newer numbered plans? Which colour or number are you on?

Shy16
05-12-2013, 01:03 PM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you lovely ladies!
May the day be filled with love and sunshine!
... even though the weather around here is not co-operating, I plan to have a sun shiny day!

TracyC
05-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi Shy and new friends. Sorry to have been AWOL, but it has been a busy week with picking up my daughter from college and Mother's Day. I haven't made the world's best food choices, but back on the wagon tomorrow. I got my husband and daughter signed up for the gym so we can make fitness a family affair.

Shy16
05-13-2013, 01:17 PM
It's good to see you back on track and focused, Tracy! I'm glad you got a family membership and that everyone will go.
I can't seem to get my daughters motivated at all. They just have no interest. My son is too young for the classes at the Y. He can, however, take swimming lessons etc. ... and so can my daughters. There's something about this age -- 12 and 13 -- that just seems to have girls drop out of organized anything! Or they just don't want to join.
I don't know. Hopefully things will change with summer holidays approaching soon.
Anyways... good for you for making it a family thing.

I have a theory.... Mother's Day calories shouldn't count. What do you guys think?
I ate Popeye's Chicken for supper.... and, boy, did I eat. I had french fries, onion rings, Coke and a peach pie for dessert! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
DH is out of the country and the kids and I (mostly the kids) decided that I shouldn't cook and that we should have Popeye's for supper!

I didn't even check the scales this morning! It's also TOM for me.

Wendelina
05-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Happy Monday!
Today is the day I start a Take Off regimen.. the day of truth!

Shy - Hello! I'm on the old color plans - and I'm starting on Red, which is where I started to begin with. AND - yes.. Mother's Day calories shouldn't count! :-) I knew I wouldn't stick to my plan on Mother's Day. My daughter just started a cupcake business, and she brought her new creation for dessert. I can't say no to something my kids made. I have no willpower over that kind of stuff! They were pretty and delicious .. Pink Lemonade cupcakes!

Anyone else "recommitting" today?

Wendelina
05-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Oh - I forgot to ask. Do you have a set weigh in day here? We did that on one of the other threads I used to frequent, and it did make me feel more accountable. I think we did Wednesday weigh-ins.. cuz Mondays could be brutal :-)

barri1970
05-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Oh - I forgot to ask. Do you have a set weigh in day here? We did that on one of the other threads I used to frequent, and it did make me feel more accountable. I think we did Wednesday weigh-ins.. cuz Mondays could be brutal :-)

I am in for posting our weight on Wednesday mornings.

I am so torn between the old colored plans and the new numbered plans. The new plans do seem more liveable...UGH! I wish a fairy could just come and tell me what will work best for me and what I should do! LOL

Shy16
05-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi guys...
I'm in for posting on Wednesday mornings as well.
Although I have been posting daily, I'll do Wednesdays. I'm just in the habit of weighing myself every morning... something LAWL taught me... to be more accountable.

@Barri: Why not stay with the coloured plans, since you feel more comfortable with them? Let the weight start coming off. Once you feel more comfortable with the plan, then you can decide about switching to the numbered ones. It only involves a little bit of tweaking... from what I recall.
You can give it a try and, if you don't like it, you can always go back to coloured! By doing it this way, you'll already be ahead of the game.
What do you think?

Wendelina
05-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Good Morning!
I wanted to mention.. if anyone is looking for a good substitute for the caramel LA Lite bars (which I used to love) a pretty similar item is the Fiber One Caramel Nut Protein bars. 130 cal, 180m sodium, 6g fat and 7g protein. These really helped me through my sweets and/or chocolate cravings. They're about $3 for a box of 6 I believe.

I get on the scale every day too - but I know I won't be able to post here every day.

Barri-I've never used the numbered system, so I don't know any better :-)

capricious
05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Hello All...
I agree Mother's Day calories don't count :D I'd preplanned that they weren't going to... and gave myself license to just go with the day... had brunch with my mom and drove 3 hours home and had my kids & husband take me for supper. It was a wonderful day!
I spent the weekend in Calgary which is 3 hours away. Did well staying on plan on Friday fell off a bit on Saturday and completely forgot it for Sunday, which was mother's day.
Went back to step class for the first time in forever last Thursday. Forgot to bring a bar/ snack for after and didn't end up eating until supper. This was a very big mistake. I was so so so so so so hungry that I ended up eating my greek salad, some of my husband's quesidilla and was still starving. This led to frozen yogurt and fruit & nuts. I have a lot more control when my body is fed directly after exercise. Especially strenuous exercise. But it had been so long since I'd done it I'd forgotten how hungry I can get if I don't eat after. Lesson remembered.
Anyway. Monday started the second TO. Finishing up my second day right now. It sure felt good to feel 'cleaned out' by the TO after a weekend of indulging.
I like the idea of a Wednesday Weigh In. But I'm still debating whether I want to make this about the scale or not. I have a tendency to get very focused on it. Maybe I'll start after TOM... it's coming...I think...

barri1970
05-15-2013, 09:37 AM
OK...So I am up to 164 this morning! Time to get serious!

I am starting Blue plan today! I want to get down to 150 before the end of June!

I CAN DO THIS!!!

Shy16
05-15-2013, 11:11 AM
@Capricious: I did some serious indulging on Mother's Day as well. And this continued for the next few days.
It's TOM right now...
I's been sooooooooooo cold around here that I found myself looking for comfort foods a lot.
The weather went so cold suddenly... I had to put the heat back on... there was frost in the air for three days. I was getting tired of covering my fruit trees!
Finally, it is starting to warm up today. We've gone from a high of 8 degrees yesterday to a high of 23 today. Can you believe it?

Also, I didn't drink any water during the last few days... I still can't believe it. I was drinking over 8 glasses a day last week and now I'm drinking zero. Strange.

So...
I've gone up in weight. But this may not be my true weight because it's TOM..
I weighed in at 141.5 lbs.

I'm going to be spending the day, on and off, cutting the grass and bagging it, doing the edging and getting rid of the few dandylions that have popped up now that's it's sunny. There was so much rain that the grass has grown very long. I have to do the upkeep while DH is away otherwise all my efforts from last week will be of no use.
Hopefully this will get me drinking water again...

@Barri: I'm glad that you have made a decision to go with the blue plan! Good luck. Don't worry... you will get to 150 lbs by the end of June.

capricious
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Good Morning!
It is a beautiful day here as well @Shy... The wind seems to have finally died down a bit. I, too had to turn the heat on in the house it was simply too chilly not to.
@barri- @Shy is right... you can reach 150 by the end of June. Acceptance of where you're at and knowing how to get where you want to be is more than half the battle. Are you writing down everything you eat in a food journal? And congrats on being brave enough to face the scale! I think I'll join the Wednesday weigh in next Wednesday...
I have so much laundry to do. I have been procrastinating it because I've been under the weather the past couple days but today is the day! Thought I'd do my morning check in on here and then get to it...
@Shy- what do your kids typically like to eat? I know that there's lots my kids don't really like but I make them eat it anyway (fish is a primary example of this). I try to counterbalance it with something they do like (pasta). I make one vegetable side dish to round out the meal. Really much of what is on plan for us is what our kids should be eating. They may not like it but it is good for them. I just ordered a few LAWL cookbooks because then they work out the exchanges for me ;) Looking forward to trying out a few new recipes...
Have a great day all!

barri1970
05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
So today is Wednesday...I thought we were all supposed to post our weight...I am the only one that did...LOL

capricious
05-15-2013, 03:37 PM
@barri- @Shy posted hers... it was 141.5... and Wendy may chime in later on in the day...
I'm thinking if I do it (which I really am sitting on the fence about) I would like to wait until after TOM...

barri1970
05-15-2013, 04:05 PM
I might commit to posting mine everyday just to keep me on track. It is so hard to stay motivated!

barri1970
05-16-2013, 10:16 AM
So today I am still the same...164...still having trouble gettin 100% back on the wagon.

I am great during the day at work and then I go home and lose all control! I need some kind of accountability. I need to go and weigh in someplace.

Maybe I will try and do something with a friend...meet once a week and do a weigh in or something.

I could go to WW to weigh in but it is not very personal...nothing to MAKE me come in...no appointment to keep...no counselor waiting for me etc...

Shy16
05-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Today I'm 141.0.
I must have lost weight by pushing that darn lawn mower. My grass was soooo long. I have two huge yard waste bags filled with the clippings! I spend two hours in the morning and took a break for lunch. Then I went back out for another two hours... I finally finished by 3pm. Just in time for DD2 to come home.
It was a crazy evening as well... I was picking and dropping my DS for track tryouts and then to his soccer practice!
He was exhausted this morning and could barely make it to school. lol

I didn't end up making supper... no time. I ended up making hot dogs and french fries! I even ended up eating two hot dogs with buns and fries! For dessert... later on.... we had angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream! Yay.. more starch!
But..... I ended up losing 0.5 lb!
Strange... but I'll take it.
It must be from the exercise and running around all day. Plus.. I had three glasses of water!

@Capricious: I hope that answers your question of what I feed my kids. lol!!!
No seriously, these days just happen once in a while and I have to have quick foods at hand.
Today I'm making a nice curried beef stew with potatoes and will be serving it over rice. I just need to think of a veggie as well.

I'm going to be doing laundry and ironing... I have a lot of catching up to do. At least the yard is done (somewhat) and I can focus on the inside again.
I don't know where this 'tornado' seems to come from that turns my house upside down when my attention is needed elsewhere??

@Barri: You have to look at it this way... at least you did not gain any weight... you are maintaining at 164! It takes a couple of days to get back into the groove of things. I believe that once you are truly committed and see the weight coming off, it will motivate you to stay on track and continue with the weight loss journey!
I hope you start seeing results soon so that you remain focused.
It's a good idea to get a friend involved if you feel that you need to weight in and be accountable to someone! Go for it.

capricious
05-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I completely fell off the wagon last night. Took my girls to their zumba class and had a bit of my son's snack which led to a bit of my girls snack which led to... multitudes of other things that are not diet friendly and left me feeling sick by the end of the night. This is no way to treat myself as it is being unkind to myself to make myself ill with food. We went for supper as well... fast food... I had a salad but had ice cream after and a couple cookies and pieces of liquorice later. Just felt really yucky by the end of the night. Probably because I'd just finished the TO and my body was cleaned out and then I put a bunch of junk in it... Oh well today is a new day...
@Barri- I hear you about the one on one counselling... it does help...
@Shy congrats on the .5 loss!
Going to step class today. I will remember to bring a snack for after... but hopefully all those extra carbs from last night will be put to good use ;)

capricious
05-16-2013, 11:59 AM
ps @Shy- my kids really like roasted asparagus wrapped in proscuitto... broccoli with cheese... raw carrots & cucumbers served with a yogurt dill dip... corn of any kind and surprisingly red & yellow peppers...

Wendelina
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Didn't make it to log in the past 2 days.. work and life was crazy! I did weigh myself on Wed though, and I was down 2 lbs! It's the same today.. hoping to get under the 200# mark by the end of the weekend. I hate my weight starting with a 2.

Shy16
05-18-2013, 08:51 PM
I just popped in quickly to say that I'm very busy with errands, formal parties and bbq. I've been in and out and I'm heading out for the rest of the weekend... out of town.
... It's the May two-four!!!!
But it's cool outside.. my gardening has to wait.. too many last minute invites.
I hope to be back in time for the fireworks my neighbour is going to put on. He just told me that he is going to do it on Sunday because of the chances of rain on Monday. I hope it doesn't rain and he does it on Monday!

Have a great weekend everyone!l
I'm not too concerned about my calories and I plan to enjoy myself (food wise) all weekend.
I'll worry about things when I get back.

capricious
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Good Day All!
Well we are back from our long weekend at the cabin. We left Thursday evening and returned last night. It was wonderful. They had called for rain but it ended up being sunny all weekend- what a delightful surprise!
Thursday I was still way off track in the evening... TOM arrived and I was back on program- yay! Still have to figure a way not to let TOM derail me so heavily... but I am pleased with myself for having climbed back on the horse and staying on track over the long weekend.
All the walking really helped... it's so nice to be by water and enjoy the fresh air.
It is incredibly windy today, unfortunately, as I really don't like being outside and being blasted by it.
Ahh well.
Enjoyed my yogurt and berries this morning. I've run out of my LA Lites as my little ones find ways to get their hands on them and they disappear far more rapidly than they should. There is another order on the way but it seems to take a really long time to get it when I order thru the Costco site. Hopefully it will get here sometime this week as I'm supposed to do TO this coming Monday.
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

capricious
05-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Well in honour of Wednesday Weigh In Day...
I am 167. Roughly what I expected. My body fat % is up quite a bit from the last time I was on the scale which makes me kind of sad. But all things change with time and effort.
Feel like I am eating the way I would like to eat for the rest of my life. Following LAWL is healthy, balanced and conscientious. I will be interested to see what the scale reflects next week...
Hope everyone else is doing well??

Shy16
05-22-2013, 06:17 PM
@Capricious: At least now you know the burden of the beast!
You're absolutely right about LAWL being healthy and balanced. I totally agree. If one follows it, one will see results on the scale and see results on your body. Your inside and outside will thank you! lol

So... having said that, I have not been following LAWL properly for about one week... I think. I've been extremely busy and I just am so tired to worry about getting all the goodies in. Yet, at the same time, I am sort of conscience of what I am putting in my body... make sense?

Anyways.... my weight is the same as last week... 141.5 (at least my weight on last Wednesday!)... but I'm happy! I actually went up in weight and ate whatever I wanted on the weekend.
I actually weighed in at 143.5 yesterday... yikes. So I kicked it up a notch and made sure I drank some water and I also spent my morning cutting the grass and my evening picking weeds from my front flower bed.
I ended up losing 2lbs overnight! I'll take it.

Today.... I've been so busy doing errands and cooking. DH comes back tomorrow after 12 days away. I wanted the yard to look good for him.... I want the house to look clean (like it has not been neglected).
All's good except for the house! I figure that I have all morning and a little bit of the afternoon to get things into shape! lol... but it's not my fault... there has been too much gardening (trying to do it between rainfalls and the grass grows like one foot in between... and it takes me all day), too much parties, too many sports/school/other activities events. Everything is wrapping up for the year and it all happens at the same time.

I'm rambling... sorry... I feel like I have to tell someone:) thanks for listening.

Shy16
05-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Yummmm..... the aroma permeating throughout the house smells heavenly. I'm making my favourite dish for dinner. It's a curried beef stew with potatoes and I am going to serve it over rice with a hot/tangy accompaniment of a tomato-onion salad.
I'm making it for DH who comes home today... I know he'll really appreciate it as he's been eating mostly fish. It's really expensive to eat chicken and beef where he was and fish was the main staple... besides it is a coast country.. what do you expect?

It's cool outside and Im glad that most of my outdoor chores are done.
After breakfast, I'm going to start sweeping and vaccumming my house... of course that's only after I put all the clutter away. Then I have to clean the bathrooms... mop the floor.... agh where does it end????

Today I weighed in at 141.0 -- a drop of 0.5 lbs from yesterday.
Sorry if I'm weighing in again but I have to 'record' my weight everyday to be accountable. If it bothers others, I'll start to write it in a journal on my desk and not post it... just let me know your feelings...

capricious
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
@Shy- I love that you post your weight every day! It's encouraging... and responsible ;)
Your curried beef dish sounds wonderful!
I am trying to keep my proteins to fish & vegetarian options as much as possible. So I tend toward greek yogurt or eggs for breakfast and almonds for lunch and fish for dinner.
Tried a new recipe from my LA seafood cookbook last night. It was Ginger Poached Cod (I subbed halibut as this is what I had on hand)- it was very yummy! Glad the recipe was only a single serving though as I know my children wouldn't have delighted in the spiciness of the ginger the way I did.
I'm down .2 today. 166.8. I'll take it! Even small steps are still movement in the right direction.
And I made gluten free bread and cookies yesterday and had to taste test each of course :o wouldn't want to poison anyone you know...
Planning on taking the kids to open gym soon, having lunch and going to step class. Figure I'll have a salad for lunch or slice some cucumber and bring my almonds... and then have an apple and a bar directly after the class to try and subvert some of the hunger it brings on.
Have to make the ginger poached cod again tonight. Loved it and I still have all the ingredients on hand so may as well use them up.
I ate it in a bowl that I bought at a craft fair a few weeks ago. It is a neat bowl in that it meant for a soupy type dish such as the cod and it came with chopsticks that can be put through holes in the top of the bowl. Happy that I'm finally getting some use out of it.
Good luck with all the housecleaning @Shy... it always seems overwhelming til you start chewing it off and then you get in the groove get it all done and feel great afterwards (hmmm seems like a metaphor for weight loss)...

capricious
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Good Morning!
It is a very overcast day today and already spitting rain... this is the forecast for the weekend... I suspect that many inside chores will be taken care of because of this ;)
Yesterday was a great day! Took the kids to the gymnastics club which they loved of course :) And then had a bit of lunch on the go at McD's. I opted for a fruit & yogurt parfait as I had step class shortly after lunch and didn't want too much food sitting in my stomach for it. I don't know if it was my breakfast of eggs & porridge but I was quite satiated feeling through out the day which was lovely...
Brought along my snack for after and didn't suffer with the excruciating hunger that I had with my prior time going to step. Figure that was definitely the missing link. Took the kids to the huge playground after my step class and I was so proud of how mobile they're getting on it.
Thinking that I'm going to either go to step or zumba this morning haven't decided which for sure. But some form of exercise... And then tomorrow or later tonight we are off to either our cabin or our friends campsite. We were supposed to be in a golf tournament with them but if this weather keeps up I don't foresee it happening.
Delighted to be at 166.5 this morning! With the goal being to lose 2 pounds a week this works out to roughly .3 per day- which so far is exactly where I'm at. Very content with my progress.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Shy16
05-24-2013, 12:17 PM
@Capricious: That's fantastic news!!! I'm very proud of you for being committed and following the plan. The proof of your hard work paying off is at the moment you step on the scale!
Good for you! I see that, now that you have a scale, you are weighing in everyday... I like that. I think it keeps one in check and motivates one to continue!

The weather here is COLD and dreary. I had to send my kids to school in winter coats... and yesterday they were wearing shorts and no jackets! It's crazy.
My DH was quite shocked when he got off the plane in his shorts and the temperature was already starting to plummet. He was freezing.... Oddly enough, it was exactly this type of weather when he left for his trip!

@Capricious: I hope you have fun at your cabin/friend's campsite/golf tourney. Whichever happens, I hope it is filled with fun!

May 24: 141.0 lbs
**I'll take it! I didn't even watch what I was eating... I overate my dinner as it was my favourite and it was sooooo good! I also had cookies and cupcakes to celebrate DH coming home.

capricious
05-24-2013, 07:59 PM
@Shy- thank you for the encouragement! I do find knowing that I am going to weigh myself the next day helps me to stay more focused and on plan. And it is nice to receive positive feedback from the scale also, of course ;)
I decided upon Zumba for my morning exercise. It was such a fun class. The instructor had put a new routine together that was quite challenging but so entertaining to do... such a great mix in a class.
We have decided to go to our cabin. My husband isn't much of a golfer at the best of times and he has absolutely no inclination to go in the cold and rain. So, it's off to the cabin we go...
@Shy- I love hearing of how you incorporate extra treats and a bit of extra dinner and it doesn't horribly impact the number on the scale. The last diet I was on, which was low carb, the moment you ate a carb you gained six pounds. It was awful. You give me such hope that having a bit extra when I'm at goal will not have this effect of gaining 10 pounds overnight on me. Thank you!!
It must be nice to have your husband home after his being away so long. Mine has been gone the past three days and that seemed like a very long time... can't wait to see him tonight!
Have a happy weekend!

capricious
05-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Well...
Checked my weight this morning and it was 166.1! Yay!!! That means 1 pound in 3 days. Wonderful news- so happy to have confirmation that I'm on the right track.
Today promises to be a challenge as I did not get enough sleep last night. Too late to bed, too early to wake. Ahh well. My pound was hard won and I will treasure it. :D
Our friends are insistent that we join them for the golf tournament. Hubby isn't too happy about it... but hopefully we will have fun and he will get over his grumbles... Still cold and very overcast. Definitely threatening to rain at any moment...

Shy16
05-25-2013, 06:10 PM
It's beyond cold and extremely windy around here. The only thing going is that the sun is out and everything is shining and sparkling!
It is sooooo deceiving! Once you step out, you realize that you should have just stayed inside. lol

Can you believe it? There was frost in the air last night and it's threatening again tonight! I didn't realize that it was going to go that low and I didn't cover my fruit trees. Two weeks ago I was diligently covering them up (after DH left) and I didn't last night. I hope we still have some blossoms.... all that effort from two weeks ago will be in vain.
I just have to check the trees and make sure that I'm out there tonight.

I seem to be maintaining at 141.0 lbs. That's good considering all the cookies I've been chowing down... I normally wouldn't eat this much but they are so good... and someone has to eat them right?
However.... I don't want to be playing too close with fire! I've got to start watching it or else the weight will creep back up.

@Capricious: I hope your hubby has fun 'cause that will make it more enjoyable for you as well. Sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do.
Look at you go! Fantastic news... isn't it encouraging to see the results? That's how i did it... that was my motivation! I just loved getting up in the morning and seeing the numbers. Sometimes they didn't move and that was just fine. Other times they moved back up but I knew the reasons for it. That is how i felt accountable to myself.
You go for it, girl! I'm your number ONE supporter!
You will be where I am at soon and you'll be enjoying it fully.

I'm still dilly-dallying about whether to stay around 140.0 lbs or go down to 135.0 lbs. But... my clothes are fitting great and my jeans are literally falling off of me. I think I need a new size. If that's the case, then I don't want to lose any more. I like where I'm at. I have so many 'special' clothes that fit me when I was thin before and now they are just hanging on me... not at all flattering! I have to get them altered.

Even though the scale shows differently, I believe that I'm skinnier than I was when I lost oodles of weigh the first time on LAWL.
I really have to figure this out. I don't want to look like I'm wasting away.

Shy16
05-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Oh...
@Capricious: I forgot to mention that I was the same weight as you are when I started this serious lifestyle change... back in mid-September 2012.
If i can do it, anyone can do it.

Shy16
05-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Strange weather patterns.
I had to put tarp over my fruit trees again because there was frost in the air last night. Yet today, it will get up to 18 degrees... a nice spring day. It looks calm outside. There is no wind. Wow.
I'll be out there most of the day cutting grass (unless DH does it) and cleaning the deck and getting out the patio furniture.
But... all that had to wait until the garage gets done. It's so bad. There are boxes in there the we don't have a clue what's in them. When we moved, we just left boxes that looked like they belonged in the garage. I think a lot of the items need to go into the shed. I never had a shed before so I'm not used to having stuff that is specifically for that need. It will take all day to clean it and organize it. We also have to clean the BBQ and get it out onto the back deck. Then... we hope to have a barbeque tonight.
It's gong to be a long day but, a nicely spent one. I always have the need to be organized. My mind is cluttered unless my things are put away nicely. ANd i can find them when needed.

capricious
05-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Well the sun is shining finally. So happy to see it after so much rain. Everything is green now though and the dust is settled. The rain was much needed... but it sure isn't as much fun as the sun ;)
We went to the golf tournament and the closer we got to the course the harder it rained. So, the owner cancelled the tournament. Very thankful for this as it was very cold with tons of rain. Not my idea of a good time to be outside.
We went to the clubhouse as they were putting on a BBQ and doing a prize draw.
We had to wait forever for the food and by the time we ate my stomach had gotten into the mode of 'no matter how much you give me- I want more!'. It's terrible when I miss a meal and I'm tired... I had an extra bar and more fish oil gummies than I should have but was pleased that I didn't veer further off course than that.
My order from LA still has not arrived and TO is scheduled for tomorrow. Looked up alternative TO methods and I've decided upon the half cantaloupe in lieu of the juice route. Hopefully, it will go well.
@Shy- I can well identify with liking to have things organized. There is a sense of calm when all is as it should be. Are your fruit trees alright?
Hope you get some of the sun we're now enjoying and that your BBQ tonight goes well...
Thank you for your support... and for being so regular on here!

capricious
05-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Could have cried when I stepped on the scale this morning. It read 168.5. Which is up 2.4 from Saturday morning. Can only assume this is because I had some popcorn at the movie yesterday (only a couple handful of my kids :))- it has such a high sodium content that maybe I'm hanging onto water...
Because other than that I was pretty solidly on plan... missed a fruit and fat yesterday, had some fish oil gummies... So hard to know what it is exactly.
Today is the start of TO for me.
Whipped up 1/2 cantaloupe with a couple cups of spinach in the blender and will use this in lieu of TO juice...
Hopefully tomorrow the scale will be kinder to me...

Shy16
05-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Aww Capricious.... that's too bad.
But don't worry... it will come off fast because you already 'lost' it. The body is funny that way... it wants to get back to where it was before!
I believe that it is water retention.
But, like you said, it's hard to pinpoint because you didn't get in all your foods. I found that this did, and still does, affect me.

But seriously, I'm not trying. I'm enjoying myself too much right now.
But... I need to get back into 'shape' because too much cake, cookies and ice cream is not good for you! I have to stop!

Good luck with your TO. Don't worry... you'll be right back to where you were before ;)

Today I stepped on the scale and the same number was the same... 141.0.
I didn't get around to cutting the grass yesterday. The garage took longer than expected and it's still not done. There's still a chunk of it that we didn't get to. Mind you, we didn't have the entire day to work on it. DH had to run errands and have a meeting and I was finishing up with what we left lying around.
At least the BBQ made it onto the deck and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner.
I may make the same thing this Friday. I just found out that my MIL is coming into town for a conference.

I't quite chilly (cool wind) and it might just be the perfect weather for cutting the grass. I'll go out in a bit.

Capricious.... thanks for the kind words (about me posting everyday and being regular).
I feel the same about you! It was getting lonely at times but I kept at it. I'm glad you're regular as some of our members are busy with other things going on and can only pop in once in a while to check in.

Shy16
05-28-2013, 01:28 PM
May 28...
And the magic number is..... 141.0 lbs. lol
I am truly grateful for this because of my aforementioned reasons!

I tried to cut the grass in the afternoon before the rain was expected to come. However,when I filled up the gas and turned it on, there was smoke coming out of it. Now, I'm not very mechanically inclined but I guessed that that was not a good sign! So I left it for DH to fix when he got home. It took so long that we had to leave to take DS to his soccer game and it was too late when we got home.
End of story? The grass is not cut and it is raining all day here. Its supposed to rain (thunderstorms) tomorrow and Friday and Saturday and so on. The only break in sight, so far, seems to be Thursday. I'll bet it grows a foot by then and it will take all day to mow. I can't afford that... my MIL is coming into town to stay with us. She's coming for a conference and will be here until Saturday. I need to cook and clean...
She's an avid gardener and I want her to see the yard looking pretty and not like what it was when we moved in!
The last time she was around, the snow was just starting to melt!

Agh... why does everything happen at once?
Also, I'm trying to put clutter away (upstairs) and do laundry and ironing... the clothes have to go somewhere... they can't all be hanging on my railings! lol
I have to go to my DD1's concert tonight... I have to help my DS finish a project tonight (he has to present it tomorrow)... there's soccer practice tomorrow and another project to do...
Then I have to go to DS (and maybe DD1's concert at school on Friday afternoon)
Let's not even talk about my weekend yet....

So.... basically, I only have the mornings and afternoons to get done what i need to get done!
There are never enough hours in a day to get the things done that I need to and then enjoy some for the things I would like to do!
I seriously had more time when I was working!
I'm more busy now than I was then.

Sorry for rambling....

capricious
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Happy Tuesday!
Well I lost 1.6 pounds overnight :). Bringing me to 166.8. Which isn't quite where it was Saturday morning but is far and away better than the number that jumped off the scale yesterday. As tomorrow is my 'official' weigh in day I'm anxious to see what the scale will reflect.
I miss my TO juice. Not a huge fan of cantaloupe. But I'm almost through Day 2 and tomorrow is back to regularly scheduled programming. Yay!
@Shy- you do sound very very busy. But also that you are taking on all the tasks that need to be completed which is so essential for harmony.
I always have bake and clean to before my in laws come. It's important to me that they are proud of me. But it is stressful leading up to their visits that's for sure. We are having a party for my DD1 on Sunday to celebrate her First Communion but I am putting off worrying about the baking and cleaning until Friday. DD1 also has a talent show on Friday so excited to see her :)
Our grass looks awful right now as it has been raining which makes everything grow so quickly and the belt on the lawn mower broke and my DH hasn't been able to fix it yet... Hopefully that that will happen before the party on Sunday!

capricious
05-29-2013, 11:13 AM
It's Wednesday. The Official Weigh In Wednesday. And drum roll please... the number is 165.6. Woohoo! This is an overall 1.5 drop for the week. I'm worried that the scale will go up tomorrow though since this is the WI following TO and now it will be back to more food... and so perhaps a higher number?? Guess I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow says...
I'm off to Zumba this morning...
Will try to check in later...

Shy16
05-29-2013, 11:32 AM
May 29: 140.0 lbs
I somehow dropped one pound overnight... I'll take it.
i guess I'm back to my goal weight.. but not quite a low as I was at my lowest (138.5 lbs)

I'm soooooo tired. I didn't sleep very well. There was a huge thunderstorm last night at 3 in the morning and it lasted for one and a half hours! It was bad. The lightening kept coming in through the window and reflecting off of my tv component and it was so bright that it kept making me open my eyes!

I discovered this morning that DH had the blinds open somewhat!
Agh!

Here's to another day of laundry and ironing!
It's raining again.... at least a plus to this is that my DS's soccer practice will be cancelled. Good. He has homework and I need the extra time to get things done.

@Capricious; That's wonderful news! And no.... you will not gain any more weight just because you will be eating more food. Just stick to the plan and I'll bet you have a drop in weight tomorrow. Actually... I almost guarantee it!
I can't wait to hear!

I'm thinking now.... since I somehow dropped one pound overnight, that I will stick to the plant today. It's been weeks since I have followed it. I need to get back to more 'healthy' eating. or at least cut out the chips and cookies.

I'm going to the States in three weeks (just for a couple of days) and I'm going to buy myself some of the TO juice. I usually get it from there and it will be nice to have some on hand.

sweetandspicy
05-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Hello to all.

I use to do LA Weightloss in 2008. I lost 60 pounds. I have now gained back almost 40 pounds. I am researching and trying to come up with a plan on my own. I know I need structure. If I have to many options I loose control. I have been on every diet advertised. I know it should be easier but for me it is not. I can eat less and not loose. I need to eat right and get back to exercising. I could list all my excuses but I am not going to do that. I am an emotional eater and a stress eater and a reward eater. I need to loose weight for myself, to feel better, look better and to just be better.

I need some help!!

Thanks for any advice/support

Amy- prior 3fC name mommyofsix.

capricious
05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Welcome @Sweet & Spicy- post often! It really helps :) I find writing down everything I eat to be helpful as well...
My order from LA still hasn't arrived. I'm going to have to check about this today as it has been an extraordinarily long time since I place my order. It may have behooved me though. I'm no longer dependent on the products because I've discovered other bars that do the same job and cantaloupe while it may not be my favourite thing certainly did the trick with TO.
@Shy- Hope your sleep was much more fitful last night. It is terrible to wake up in the morning just wanting to go back to bed. Congrats on the 1 pound and being exactly at goal again. It seems that your body is very happy where it is.
And you were right about my weight- it did go down again today (which I really, honestly wouldn't have believed could happen)- I was at 165 this morning which was a lovely .6 drop overnight! So happy :carrot:
Are you almost ready for MIL?

Shy16
05-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Agh!
I'm taking a break.... a well deserved one! Having an umpteenth cup of tea. It's keeping me going.
DH had to go out of town and leave me with everything. However, he just called and told me that MIL is expecting to leave home around 6pm.. that means that she'll be here around 7pm. Her conference starts tomorrow.
Whew... at least I've got a little bit of breathing room.
I just finished cleaning up the kitchen (dishes and cooking mostly) I still have to clean the island of clutter and polish the fridge etc.

Then I'm hoping to employ DD2 as soon as she gets home from school to help me clear up the clutter in the dining room and dust. It's full of ongoing school projects. I'll just have to place the stuff on the floor so we can eat like a civilized family. I have a new kitchen table on order and we've resorted to eating in front of the television!
i still have to mop...

I forgot to mention that my central vac quit on me... again. It's totally a love-hate relationship. It's so strange... it just stops working at will and then i have to take the same part in to be fixed. This will be the fourth time and I've only had it less than two years.
So... I found the old upright vacuum and managed to do upstairs. When i came downstairs and plugged it in, it shorted on me. I could see the spark. Now it's garbage.
I have resorted to using my hand held little vac for the floor... AT least the floor is done but the carpets look so bad! I still have to mop (that's why i did the floor).
When DH gets back, I'm sending him to Walmart to pick me up a vacuum.

I'm having such bad luck with them.
Also I think I have to cook something else. I'm not sure that one dish is enough or appropriate. But IMHO, butter chicken does not go with anything else except for naan. I don't have a clue what else to make.
I've got three hours...

@Capricious: I knew your weight would go down. I'm psychic that way. lol
But seriously, good for you. Keep it up and the weight will fall off quickly and steadily.

@Sweet and Spicy: Welcome. Do post often and let us know how things are going.

With all the things that were going on this week, I forgot about a pasta dinner fundraiser for the graduating class. Needless to say.. I had to go. So... that's three evenings out and only the day to get things clean and organized. Obviously nothing happened except that the laundry and ironing got done to a point... that's why I'm running around like the energizer bunny.
Thanks for listening... I needed a shoulder.

capricious
05-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Good Morning! It's Friday!
I'm both excited and nervous that it's the weekend. It does seem to be a bit more difficult to stick with routine when the routine gets thrown in the air the way it does on the weekend.
It's a busy time. This morning is my DD1's talent show. Then we are supposed to meet up with friends in the afternoon. And then go out this evening with another set of friends.
Tomorrow DD1 has a birthday party to go to and then Sunday is the big day where she receives her First Communion and we have a party afterward.
I'm down to 164.5 this morning which is another .5 loss. So, so pleased.
I'd really like to squeeze Zumba in today..the exercise helps keep me on track.
@Shy- I feel for you with your vacuum issues. I've never dealt with central vac in my own home, but I can attest that it has been a long road finding vacs that I like. I'm pretty fortunate now though that my home & cabin are all hard surfaces. I have a Miele vac that I really like that is for hard surfaces only...
Hopefully all went well with MIL's arrival :) I love Butter Chicken! Did you end up making a side dish to go with it?
When I went to the craft fair a few weeks ago there was a lady hawking soup mixes. I bought 3 different kinds and made one called Autumn Harvest last night. It was soooo good!! Had to keep myself from going back for more, I knew I was full enough it was the taste that was drawing me back ;)
Well... wishing us all luck with our endeavours today...TTYT...

Shy16
05-31-2013, 01:32 PM
@Capricious: That's fantastic news.... I knew you could do and and i have faith in you that you will accomplish your goal in no time. I started around the same weight as you.

MIL came around (late) supper time and she LOVED the food. I ended up making a cauliflower and potatoe 'curry' and served that with naan also. It was really good.... if i do say so myself!
She left early this morning as breakfast was being served at the conference.
Today I'm going to have a bbq. We're having burgers, shrimp skewers, potato salad, roasted tomato and garlic couscous and grilled pineapple skewers dusted with a hint of hot habenero sauce! How's that?
I know... I'm pretty impressed too!
I just got all the salads done and my ground beef has been marinating for two days. All i've done is 'cook' this morning!
Right after lunch, I'm heading out to school for DS's assembly. He'll be doing a dance and playing recorder with his class. They are going to perform their song which earned them a Kiwanis Gold medal!
DD! already had her evening playing the trumpet performing their gold medal song. I don't think she's performing today.

Let me tell you.... and @Capricious you are absolutely right.... there is a calm over me (now that the prep work is done) and it's because the house is clean. Yay. I got everyone to do a chore while I cooked the last dish and everything came together nicely!
I even had a chance to help two kids study for tests today! Wow.

Here's to hoping everyday is like today!

Capricious, I feel like we're living in a parallel universe! The vacuum issue.... the last time they fixed the part, they gave me a Miele canister vacuum to use in the mean time (I complained that it would take too long for the part to be fixed and my house needed to be cleaned). I loved that vacuum. I want one badly... just have to save up for it.

My weekend is crazy busy as well. I'll be driving two hours to attend my neice's bday party and then driving back for my DS to attend a schoolmate's bday party!
I also had to attend another event in the evening but opted not to. There would be too much driving for one day. That event is also 1 1/2 hour drive!
Then Sunday...my kids have a lot of homework and assignments to complete.
Maybe I can plant some of the flowers that seem to be living comfortably in my garage! lol

Congratulations to your daughter and may she have a wonderful time at her celebrations.

May 31: 140.0 lbs.

Shy16
06-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Hey.. I'm back.. not that I was 'gone' anywhere. lol
I've been extremely busy driving around and attending events....

Anyways, I'm back to regular posting.
So... for weigh-in Wednesday I am 140.5 lbs. A 0.5 lb increase from my target weight of 140.0.
Strangely enough, I've been exactly 140.0 lbs since last week and this morning I weigh in at more! lol

I spend my entire day outside yesterday. I only took two breaks... and one of them was for dinner. I finally came in around 9pm. I had so much yard work to catch up on now that actually stopped raining for a day! In fact, every one of my neighbours was out mowing their lawns during the afternoon or the evening!
With all that work and exercise, I gained half a pound!

How are you all doing?
Where is everyone?
So many of you have written about how excited you were that there was still an active thread around but.... you're not posting!

Anyways... I'll check in later.

@Capricious: How did your daughter's First Communion go? I hope you all had a wonderful time.

Shy16
06-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Lol!!!
I must have had too much sun yesterday... today is Tuesday and not Wednesday!
I knew that all morning but for some reason I thought it was Wednesday when I came to post!
lol...

Shy16
06-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Wednesday weigh in and it's first day of TOM!
So that explains my weight gain.... I feel so bloated and cranky/emotional. This is not going to be a good TOM!
It's funny how some months are so different than others.

How's everyone doing?

dawn78
06-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Another old timer here! I had a baby boy 10 weeks ago so here I am again. I just pulled out the old faithful LAWL plan, the only plan that has ever truly worked for me. I need to get back into my clothes and hopefully back to where I was the first time I did LAWL! I'm nursing so I'm doing the red plan without lites but damn I really miss that sweet fix.

capricious
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm back as well finally...
@Dawn78- welcome! LAWL is such a great way to lose baby weight. Lots of luck and may it go as smoothly as it did the first time!

It has been a crazy busy time. DD1's communion and party went well :) I fell completely off plan on Saturday and justified it to myself that I would 'fool' my body by changing things up. Apparently my body thought this was foolishness (sigh... of course) and I weigh the same this week that I did last week.
@Shy- our cycles are surprisingly close together! TOM is expected but it has been very unpredictable so not sure exactly when it plans on being here. Just know that I'm a very cranky mama right now which I don't like. Even when I don't mean to be my tone is sharp... ah well... hopefully it will arrive soon and I can be back to normal.
Went to step class yesterday and was very pleased at how easily running up and down a flight of stairs 5 times was. I had to do this about a month ago when I first started exercising regularly again and it darn near killed me. This time I could've easily kept going and it was only at the lady behind's me insistence that we were done (evidently she's better at keeping track than I ;)) that I stopped.
We did a lot of resistance work yesterday (push ups, sit ups, squats as well as lifting). Push ups hurt hurt hurt. They are my nemesis. And she made us do 100 of them. Yuck. But I did it. Even though they were little baby ones by the end.
Bought a new bike yesterday as well. It is so darn pretty! I absolutely love it! Took the girls out for a ride when we got home. There is really only gravel by my house and DD2 had a bit of trouble as she is only 4 and her wheels are quite small. DD1 suggested that if we take the bikes to town it would be a lot more fun which I wholeheartedly agree with. So, I will have to find a bike carrier that will enable us to do this. Have to enjoy these couple months of summer before the deep freeze sets in again!
Desperately need to fix up the planters as well but I'd like to wait until the weather is cooperating with me. Maybe after the weekend as I'm slated to be home all day Monday.
Didn't weigh today... had to eat out last night as we went to support the local 4H group and they were serving a supper. I stuck to just beef. But the sodium content was very questionable.
Decided I will take Thursday's number in lieu. Although I have to eat out tonight as well because we will be in town again as my DD1 has dance. At least I know I can find a salad somewhere ;)
Til tomorrow...

Shy16
06-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi Dawn78! Welcome to this awesome thread and do post often. Let us know how things are going.
Congratulations to you on the birth of your son.
I actually joined LAWL after I had all three of my kids... that baby weight was hard for me to get off and I didn't really know where to start. I'm glad I found LAWL when I did. Unfortunately... I had gained back most of the weight I had lost previously.
Good luck to you.

So... It's TOM and my weight seems to have gotten back to it's normal number but, this is not my true weight!

@Capricious; Just hearing about your exercise program is making me tired and sore! I don't know how you have that much stamina to keep up with the class... good for you!
But... I guess it all depends on what you're passionate about to keep up with the stamina. For me it's gardening right now.... I can be out there all day getting things in order. Then I don't go out for days afterwards and enjoy my hard work.

We've been eating food that we wouldn't normally consume that often... easy, convenient foods to quickly eat and then jump into activities or schoolwork.
I don't know what to make for supper tonight. I want it made soon because I'm bringing DD2 home for lunch today and then I'm off to the dentist.
I'm really excited about tonight... DD1 is showing two of her original works ( limited and signed ) at an art gallery opening tonight complete with light finger foods and music! I can't wait to see her art hanging and I get to buy a print!

You know, speaking of.... I feel kinda bummed. I took my son's art/french project into school for him as he has to present it this afternoon. He's been woking on it off and on for three weeks. It looks awesome and he's been working hard. I kinda got the feeling that the teacher thought that I might have done most of the work... I don't know... I was trying to read him (mind you, he wasn't his usual cheery self.. )... I don't know. But I assure you that he did all of the work himself. He made little plasticine pigs, birds, trees, monkeys, fish etc. He's very talented. All I did was show him how to blend colours together when he painted his island so that there wasn't any 'lines' in the colours. I also showed him how to dry brush it afterwards to get the textures out that he worked so hard on to achieve. Sorry, I have a degree in Art and wanted it to be a learning experience for him... do you think I might have taken it too far? Should I have just left it the way he did it?
I feel so bad... the teacher made me have a funny feeling. I mean... he didn't really look at it... he was far away and only glanced at it. I wonder if my son is late in doing it? But he said the teacher asked him to present it today... I don't know....
Talk to you later....

capricious
06-06-2013, 01:26 PM
I went off track last night. Had licorice, chips and a cookie. Not feeling very good about my choices today. And lamenting the fact I keep doing this to myself and not staying focused.
Oh well. Today is a new day. I had my yogurt and berries this morning and have been trying to convince myself that it's okay if I go off track. Even if it is a couple times this week that I've done so. I really have to stay away from candy. I wouldn't have it in the house but DH loves it and buys it. Unfortunately, I love it too. Usually it wouldn't be that big of a deal to stay away from it but got sucked into thinking I could just have one piece of licorice and then ended up having 9. I know this about myself... not very good at just having one or two.
Have to accept some responsibility and face the scale tomorrow.
@Shy- you must be very proud of your daughter. A gallery showing! Wow!
You are right that we each of have our own focuses. Mine needs to be gardening right now- it it beckoning. I need to borrow my DH's truck to get some dirt, plants and patio furniture. The place just doesn't look alive until the flowers are taken care of...

Shy16
06-07-2013, 09:53 AM
The body is a strange thing. This whole weight loss journey has some interesting bumps and bends in the road...
It turns out that I ended up being even more busier during the day than I had originally thought. I ended up eating KD with DD2 (I brought her home for lunch) and then we ordered pizza for a school fundraiser for supper! Not exactly the kind of food one eats and hopes to lose weight. lol
What's funny is... I'm still on TOM and stepped on the scale anyways (It's such a habit) and I couldn't believe it. 139.0 lbs!!! What?????
Lol... don't look a gift horse in the mouth! I'll take it!

Of course, it won't last long... I'm off to the states for some shopping. The kids are really excited because it's been a while and I've promised! DD1 is going to look for shoes and a purse for her graduation. I need clothes. Yes. I finally have to break down and buy some new clothes... all the others (tops) are looking huge on me. It's such a sacrifice but I have to do it. lol

@Capricious; Yes.... I'm extremely proud of DD1. The art showing was spectacular! It was so nice to see the work framed... it really brought a whole new level to it. The type of work that was produced by this class was phenomenal. It turns out that you can get the #1 signed copy only if you purchase the framed one.
Most of the parents only bought the prints (#2 out of 50) and off they went.
I went around and admired many of the artistic expressions and stopped dead in my tracks at one that spoke to me. It was so profound and aesthetically pleasing (the theme/sponsor was from Art for Aids (Africa)). It captured something I just couldn't put into words.... I was lost in it...
Suddenly DD1's principal came over to me and said that I couldn't buy that one... that he is buying it for either himself or as a gift for the Superintendent of Schools. And he pointed out that he wanted the #1 print! I was a little confused until I looked at the signature and realized it was my daughters!
Wow. That's all I have to say.
I ended up buying #2 and #3 of that print and I also have a #1 (framed) of another piece that she did! She was the only one who had two pieces showing... the artist who guided them talked very fondly of my daughter's work and commented that there were only a handful of pieces that showed 'Africa' and my daughter had two of them.
Proud? Heck yeah!

A few of the parents also came around to tell me that my daughter is very talented. I was beaming!

Anyways... I'm off to shopping and I'll be back tomorrow afternoon.
I hope everyone has a successful weekend with your choices!
TTYL.....

Shy16
06-09-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm back from our very successful shopping trip. We managed to get most things accomplished on our list!
Needless to say, the choice of food and the odd times we ate took its toll on my 139.0 lbs.... lol... I woke up today at 141.0!
It's so easy to gain the weight! But we all know that I haven't been trying and I'm enjoying my new found freedom to eat and do as i like!
I think that I have to start buckling down soon and keep my weight/eating habits in check.
I'll try this week but, I'm off to DH's aunt's house for a dinner party in the States next weekend... and I know all my efforts will vanish. Do I smell another shopping trip?

How is everyone else doing?

Shy16
06-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Hmmm....
Still 141.0 lbs!
I did some gardening yesterday.... DH and I took out some dead trees and returned them to the store for credit. Afterwards, I mowed the lawn... front and back! That was my exercise!

Where is everyone?

Shy16
06-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Still 141.0 lbs.
I had an extremely busy day and didn't get around to posting in the morning. I wanted to drop in quickly and say 'hi'.
Where is everyone? It's getting kinda lonely around here.

I hope you are all well and staying on track as best as you can.

Shy16
06-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Still 141.0 lbs. My body seems to like this number.
I'm on maintenance and I'm not really trying...

I'm so busy... I'm lucky if I remember to eat! Seriously!

I spent the entire day doing errands. DD1 is graduating from Grade 8 and I've been trying to get the last minute things ready! There are also the last school concert, the last school choir (tomorrow) and the year end trip.... in less than a week. During this time they have to finish outstanding work (thank goodness she doesn't have any) and finish performances for teachers.
It's a crazy busy time of the year and this year is double crazy because I have two kids in this school and one is graduating!

Thankfully, DD2 is all done her schoolwork and there are no outstanding items to be completed.
DS just finished one last night and has to finish up something tonight... agh!
Then... he has something he will be working on at school. I think it's more for fun than the actual marks/requirements. I think the teacher is looking for something to bide their time as school winds down.

Shy16
06-13-2013, 12:45 PM
141.5 lbs
lol. I went up 0.5 lbs.
I've got a busy day. I have to be at two schools for two different events and I'm hoping I can catch DD2 before I have to zip across town to see DS and DD1! It's DS's first concert there and DD1's last concert there.
Agh. Why is it all happening on the same day.

Shy16
06-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Hey.... where is everybody?

I've been awol due to another shopping trip to the states and get togethers. I've been so busy getting DD1's grad dress, etc. ready for Monday. She has left this morning for a year end trip and will be back on Friday night. There's been too much shopping, packing and getting EVERYTHING ready for the right time!

Thankfully DD2 and DS are all done and are now enjoying school as everything is winding down.

I didn't weigh myself this morning (and yesterday) as I was up very early to make lunch for DD1's trip. They had to be at the school at 6:00am!
However, I have been hovering around the 141.0 - 142.0 mark.
I guess I'll know tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Shy16
06-19-2013, 09:58 AM
140.0 lbs!
I'm back to my goal weight..... don't even ask me how that happened :)
I feel good about it and consider this a 'gift'. I intend to start measuring and weighing my food again! This is the boost I needed.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Shy16
06-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Still 140.0 lbs today.
I must admit, though, that I didn't weigh or measure my food yesterday. AND I actually had breaded chicken cutlet on a hamburger bun with french fries for supper!

Shy16
06-24-2013, 11:43 AM
wow...still no one around.
I've been awol for a few days. I've been extremely busy but I can take a minute to update....
I've been eating a lot of take out and fast food for the last few days. Unfortunately this has taken it's toll on me. I gained two pounds and now I'm at 142.0.... 2.0 lbs over my goal.

DD1 is graduating tonight and we've been busy little bees getting things ready. There has also been potlucks and picnics for DD2 and DS. Not to mention the two birthday parties over the weekend....

It's been crazy busy and still is until the last day of school on Thursday.

barri1970
06-25-2013, 08:09 AM
I was doing ideal protein for a while again... Now I'm back to LAWL. I want to lose 10-15 lbs... Hopefully it will come off quick!

Shy16
06-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi Barri!
It's good to see someone around again... it was getting lonely....
Did you lose with the ideal protein? How much did you lose?
I'm glad you're back to LAWL... I feel that it's a fantastic program and it always gets me the results I want.

Today I weighed in at 140.0 lbs... I'm at goal weight again! However, it was not exactly a healthy way to lose 2.0 lbs overnight. I didn't really eat yesterday and, when I did, it wasn't exactly the healthiest of choices! There was a lot of stress and time crunch to get DD1 ready for her graduation!
It was crazy :)

barri1970
06-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I did lose but it is SO restrictive and you eat so few calories that I was always lightheaded. I am going to start working out an hour a day too...hopefully it will come off quick! I would be happy at 150 so I dont have that far to go.

Shy16
06-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Wow.
Can you hear it? It's the calm that has come over my house today. It's the first day of summer vacation and the kids are sleeping in. They deserve it. It's been a frantic race to the finish line and this year we had graduation and grad parties and final plays and final concerts and....... added to the mix!

But all's well that ends well.
It's a bittersweet moment. I'm not quite ready for DD1 to enter high school but her time has come. This experience has thickened my skin and will get me ready for next year when DD1 enters high school, DD2 graduates and DS continues to grow.
Wow.
... I just had to share my thoughts ...

So today is TOM and I didn't weigh myself. I usually do but this morning I literally rolled out of bed. I'm exhausted from the year end of school.

@Barri: The ideal protein plan doesn't sound too safe and healthy. IT's awful that you felt lightheaded most of the time. I don't think that's good for your blood sugar and your overall health!
I'm glad you're back to LAWL and, with the plans of working out, I believe that you are on the right path. So.... congratulations on coming back.

Hope everything is going well.
I'm back to regular posting.

Shy16
06-29-2013, 12:00 PM
There is still peace in the house.... it is very calming and zen-like.

We were exhausted yesterday... I don't even know how dinner got made (lol) but I remember hitting the sofa and watching a movie with the kids and falling asleep soon after! I never fall asleep especially if the kids are still up and they need to go to sleep.. tuck them in, give them a snack.... But I couldn't function. I was gone and my body was quitting on me as i was making dinner! I just wanted to sit down and do nothing.
I'm not sure if it was because of TOM or because of the stress related to the school end. I think it was a combination of both.

I got to sleep in a little bit, enjoy a long and relaxing shower and now I'm having a cup of tea as I chat with you.

I was 141.5 on the scale this morning but it's also TOM so this weight might not be accurate. It's time to get the good stuff back into my body... I've been maintaining my weight but I haven't really been eating that healthy. There was too much going on and too much stress on our lives that we were eating fast foods and eating out a lot! It's time for me to get back to the basics and eat clean!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Shy16
07-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Basically I've been very busy since school ended for the kids 6 days ago. I've had to go out of town and attend family gatherings and Canada Day celebrations!

The good food took it's toll on me and I have ended up gaining 3.5 lbs this week. I was at my goal weigh last week.
I'm going to try and get rid of as much weight as i can before Saturday as I have to go to the States for another family gathering and July 4th celebrations.
There are going to be some people there I haven't seen for one year and I want them to see the new me! I was at least 25lbs heavier then as well... if not more!

Shy16
07-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Yay!
I dropped 2.0 lbs overnight and my new weight is 141.5 lbs!
I will try to lose 1.5 lbs by Saturday... just so I can be at my goal weight when I meet some relatives I haven't seen in a year! I know that 1.5 lbs isn't going to make a difference to my overall appearance but, I just want to reach my target weight!
I'm so happy and even more motivated to get to that goal.

How is everyone doing?

Shy16
07-11-2013, 11:35 AM
I've been so busy with parties, barbeques, out of town visits.....
I've gained and I've lost numerous times since my last post. It seems to be my lifestyle now. lol

To make a long story short. I am basically at 141.0lbs today. I'm going to be more home based now and will post more often.

How is everyone doing? It's been such a long time that no one has posted and i feel like I'm the only one keeping the board alive!
Please post and let's help eachother with our ideas and motivation.

Shy16
07-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Okay.... so i didn't post!
I've been very busy but I have checked in now and then and noticed that NO ONE was posting so I thought 'Why bother?' How can you help other people if they don't post?
Isn't that the whole idea for this thread? To help and support eachother... no matter where we are in our journey for a lifestyle change???

So I decided to try again. It's been a few weeks since I last posted.
My weight has been up and down during this time due mainly to parties and get togethers. However, lately, my weight has been creeping up higher than I wanted it to and I've been aware of it. I didn't do anything about it, mind you, but I was aware of it. lol
I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see the scale showing 142.5 lbs! I haven't seen that number in a while!
So... basically I'm 2.5 lbs over my goal. Basically I'm maintaining my weight now and it's such a fantastic feeling. It's been about four months or so that I have been maintaining. (lately I've been eating whatever I want, when I want, how much I want and then going back to get more!)
I know I have to keep it in check or else i'll be in trouble again....