Weight Loss Support - Why am I feeling this way?!

View Full Version : Why am I feeling this way?!

skintoskincombat
01-16-2013, 05:49 PM
I feel so sluggish and tired and cold! I've been eating lots of protien and veggies and nutritious food and have felt great untill today :( I just bought the biggest looser DVD and its a very vigorous work out if you give it your all, i did that at 12 pm and before that I had only eaten a chobani yogurt for breakfast. After the work out I made a hummus and grilled chicken pita with red cabbage and then I walked to my parents house and just had se crackers and almonds around 4. I feel sooooo tired weak AND cold! Like my body heat has dropped :shrug: I feel like I've kept myself fueled and the workout is supposed to give me more energy right? I'm 5 9' 24 years old about 200-210 pounds and I have e about 900 calories left. Should I eat them all tonight? I'm also feeling kind of depressed on top of it while this morning I was in a GREAT mood! Also: why am I feeling like thissss!

Arctic Mama
01-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Calorie deficits cause those symptoms, and insufficient electrolytes and dietary fat can exacerbate it. It's normal when your energy deficit is severe, your body's response is to decrease expenditures in terms of heat and movement.

Ways to combat this are slightly increasing calories and generally just dealing with it, because as long as you're losing at a good clip for a long period of time it's a normal response (especially for women). Slow, gentle weight loss is the best way to manage the symptoms.

skintoskincombat
01-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I think you are right I've done other diets that bring you into kneosis(sp?) and it feels similar to that. I'm guessing it will get better once I'm used to this tough workout program. Also when I get up too fast I start seeing spots. Very strange. Anyways, thank you for your help!

kadian43
01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Drink gatorade to replace those electrolytes. Your body is adjusting to the new calorie intake. Usually it's sometimes advised to eat MORE before you actually diet or want to lose weight. The body's metabolism can burn fat faster then exercise for those who eat frequently before a diet. But, it sounds like your doing everything right just be gentle with it and take baby steps.

Arctic Mama
01-17-2013, 12:29 AM
I'd recommend against Gatorade for trace minerals, unless it is sugar free. Better to stick to things like salting your food, eating high magnesium/potassium foods (think avocado, almonds, etc), and if you need a snack broth or seaweed is an excellent supplement for a boost.

When my minerals are up, I always feel MUCH better :)

Nocturnica
01-17-2013, 01:29 AM
electrolytes and stay hydrated!