Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #1  

Default Anyone extremely sick & tired during pregnancy?

This is my third and I have been since about week 5 so ill I am not functioning normally. I was sick suring my other two pregnancies, but functional. I worked, and took some online classes during the first trimester with my second baby.

With this one, I lost 10 pounds from week 5 to week 9. Its not just the nausea and vomiting. I am tired in a way I have never been tired before. I sleep from the time my kids go to sleep 8pm, until they get up 7am usually. If my husband is off I sleep most of the day. If he's working I come down to the couch and sleep and my 5 year old thank god, helps out with my 2 year old. I lay on the couch all day. I only get up to go to the bathroom. I was on progesterone which my doc took me off last week because I was losing so much weight and becoming dehydrated from not eating or drinking.

Since then I can say I don't feel like I want to die anymore, but I'm still not normal. I've been tracking calories to try and maintain my weight. This is not normal but there's nothing the doctor can do. I'm 11 weeks, and I know that it gets better after this trimester, but I am so tired of sleeping, watching tv and being on the laptop (when I'm awake, it sucks its boring). Basically anything I can do without getting up. I don't move from the couch, when I try to get up to do something, I get nausous, light headed and out of breath. Part of it is related to very low blood pressure, and I did have this issue with my other pregnancies, but its so bad that I have passed out if I'm standing too long. Again there's nothing they can do about it.

Was anyone else this sick? I know some women go through this, but its very depressing. Last year this time I was running 5 miles 3-4 times a week. And now I barely walk other areas of the house. I'm scared that I will feel this was the rest of the pregnancy. This has been the biggest factor in not having anymore kids.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

With my first pregnancy I was sick from around week 6 til the day I gave birth. I had morning sickness day and night. It was so bad I lost about 30 lbs and had to be on Zofran.
I hope you get to feeling better.
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 342/298/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
This is my third and I have been since about week 5 so ill I am not functioning normally. I was sick suring my other two pregnancies, but functional. I worked, and took some online classes during the first trimester with my second baby.

With this one, I lost 10 pounds from week 5 to week 9. Its not just the nausea and vomiting. I am tired in a way I have never been tired before. I sleep from the time my kids go to sleep 8pm, until they get up 7am usually. If my husband is off I sleep most of the day. If he's working I come down to the couch and sleep and my 5 year old thank god, helps out with my 2 year old. I lay on the couch all day. I only get up to go to the bathroom. I was on progesterone which my doc took me off last week because I was losing so much weight and becoming dehydrated from not eating or drinking.

Since then I can say I don't feel like I want to die anymore, but I'm still not normal. I've been tracking calories to try and maintain my weight. This is not normal but there's nothing the doctor can do. I'm 11 weeks, and I know that it gets better after this trimester, but I am so tired of sleeping, watching tv and being on the laptop (when I'm awake, it sucks its boring). Basically anything I can do without getting up. I don't move from the couch, when I try to get up to do something, I get nausous, light headed and out of breath. Part of it is related to very low blood pressure, and I did have this issue with my other pregnancies, but its so bad that I have passed out if I'm standing too long. Again there's nothing they can do about it.

Was anyone else this sick? I know some women go through this, but its very depressing. Last year this time I was running 5 miles 3-4 times a week. And now I barely walk other areas of the house. I'm scared that I will feel this was the rest of the pregnancy. This has been the biggest factor in not having anymore kids.
Have they checked your iron? I had to take iron pills when I was pregnant with my daughter. When she checked mine she asked me if I was tired and I said ALL THE TIME! lol I would sleep from 10pm - almost noon only reason I would get up was because I had a baby on my bladder lol I would sleep that long and would wake up and feel like I hadn't got any sleep! I was so miserable! I would ask your doctor about it and see what they say! Hope it gets better for you and congratulations!
kaylae24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I was just going to say the same - could be really low iron. I was the same and needed to take supplements both times.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #5  

Thank you both I hadn't even thought of that. I will call my OB tomorrow and see if they can send me a script to check it.
Livelaughlove - I'm sorry to hear you were sick so long! This is bad enough for one trimester. I hope I'm not sick to much longer. But I have a feeling that I'm going to be. I do have zofran, it will stop the nausea but I still don't have an appetite.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #6  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

My kids r 15,9 and 3 I had to completely forget about all the pain I went through with pregnancy before doing again the 2nd and 3rd time. I had to take Zofran during my last pregnancy. I can say that on my 3rd pregnancy I felt do much better by week 13 that I went to the dr to make sure the baby was ok, I seriously thought something was wrong. I started eating very small meals every 2 hours. I would also have crackers or dry cereal on my nightstand so I could eat before getting up. My boss who is still my friend from my second pregnancy used to say I was useless cause I woukd not accomplish anything at work. I remind him of that and he denies it now. Just try and take advantage of any part of the day that u may feel better. I couldn't even sleep with my first 2, the nausea was so bad. Hubby remembers I once rolled over in my sleep and said "I just wanna die" Hope the next trimester brings u relief. I really feel for u!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote