Simply Filling/Core - Daily Thread--(Simply Filling/CORE) January 16-31, 2013

ontarget
01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
New pages.

Good morning. I just bit the bullet, weighed, and joined WW online. I changed my signature tracker to reflect my current weight, new beginning, and new goal. It's been almost 30 minutes and I'm still focused.

Sloan, :lol:

Nancy, I am glad you had those jelly beans handy. Be careful. And your new walking buddy? Fantastic!!

Hope you're all having a good day. I'll be back later to see how you're all doing.

Have a great one!

nancy237
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
It's been almost 30 minutes and I'm still focused.

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

Enough "30 minutes" strung together will
get you there !!!!

Lacyt74
01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi ontarget, I am doing WW at home on my own. Good luck!

pam920
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
day three for me, staying focused. I am determined to lose some of this weight.

I've heard so many bad things about lipitor and am seriously considering not taking it. I had such good numbers for my last 2 lab works. I asked my dr if I could quit taking it and he said no. Well, I have 3 months until my next lab work and think I'll quit taking it and see what happens.

Sandra and Lacy, good luck with online WW. Thanks for the new pages.

Nancy, i get the heebie geebies at times too. Low blood sugar.

beach bum
01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Hope you all had a a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Sorry I was MIA for a long time from this thread. I just couldn't post as much as I wanted to,as I wasn't y feeling well after I got home from the Christmas Holiday. Still have the cough and not getting better.

Luckily we had the rain this morning, not like the snow they are predicting for the whole state of Ma. I think the water is warmer than the land so that's the reason the Cape was spared.

Met my lady friend,from the rosary this morning at the local diner,had an appointment at the dentist for a cleaning but I cancelled since I still coughing. Hope it doesn't turn out to be walking pneumonia or some other lung problem.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages, Whats that all about the 360 next to the new WW program??? I was just curious after seeing their advertisement for WW on Line.

LACY=:welcome: to the thread and good luck in the new WW program I was a WW member several years ago,doing the core and the flex program and none worked for me as I'm back to low carbing. But could leave these wonderful woman on the thread, so I just hung around. Last 34 lbs last years so I sticking with low carb and fasting 2 days a week will do the trick as I have 6 move pounds to lose my 1st goal than will precede to my 2nd goal of 140.

PAM-YIKES!!! The news about Lipitor. My cholesterol is high and my new doctor wants to take another med. as my Lescol is not working for me. Thanks for the up date on Lipitor I tell him I will not take that med.

NANCY-That's great you have a walking partner. My friend Alice told me that there's an indoor walking group that I could join. I have to get my exercising program started as I have a bike in my living-room that collecting duct due to I not using it.

Glad that I'm back posting, missed you gals

Have a great day

ontarget
01-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Lacy, thank you. I wish you great success, too. Where are you located. I'm a little south of Ft. Worth.

Nancy, thank you for the :cheer:

Pam, I take Lipitor. So far no problems for me. Be careful. And good success to you, too, with the weightloss.

Maryann, I'm sorry you've been ill. I hope you can get rid of that nagging cough soon. WW didn't really change the food plan. They are just trying to help with habits, etc... You can probably find out more on their website.

pam920
01-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Sandra, I am not experiencing any side effect, but I don't know what is going on inside me. One dr. said he would never prescribe his female patients lipitor. That made me pause.

Maryann, so sorry you are still sick. My sis has been having the same thing going with the cough, slight fever, etc.

ontarget
01-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Pam, that's really interesting. Let me know if you find out what the doctor's objection is.

Tejas
01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Lipitor gave me ferocious headaches. I now take 20 mg Lovastatin with no problems that I know of....my plan is to lose the first 30 pounds and then speak to MD about stopping it.

I am not focussed but I'll get that way in a minute :lol:

ontarget
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Rhonda, are you focused yet?

Just got a call to pick up grands and take them to Chicken Express to meet their dad. Curtis has already placed an order. So far so good with me. I'm eating dinner before I go. (Curtis is, too, but that's not stopping him.)

Tejas
01-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Focused :lol:

I bought DH a nice lasagna meal for take out and I didn't touch it--had a protein shake.

ontarget
01-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Wow! Now that's severely focused. Way to go!

nancy237
01-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Yay Chicks !!!!!
Way to Go !!

Maryann..Feel Better !!

Rhonda..passing up lasagna takes lots of focus !! :cp:

We need a 2013 cheer about focus !!:carrot:

ontarget
01-16-2013, 11:53 PM
:cheer::cheer::cheer:2013!!!!!!!:cheer::cheer:

ontarget
01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
I have eaten 3 bananas and 4 Mandarin oranges tonight.

sloanie
01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2: We don't need no hocus pocus! What we need to do is focus! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer2:

ontarget
01-17-2013, 12:26 AM
:lol:

heather_dw
01-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Hey gals!

My doc suggested gastric bypass. He thinks it's medically necessary. I got my mind on board only to have my insurance saying no. (long story)

In the meantime, I am sick of feeling bad about myself. Lord knows if you read through my old posts, I've started over like.. oh.. I don't even want to think about how many times. I ran across a page outlining the SF technique and it seems almost too good to be true! It;s most of the stuff I eat already, save a few things (like delicious delicious peanut butter).

Do you guys count calories or anything? It seems so crazy that I can eat fruit and low carb bread and all the things I love!
:p

Vickie
01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Sloan....I LOVE the cheer. I'm going to make it my mantra.

I'm doing ok to pretty good. I should be back here full time soon!

ontarget
01-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Heather, you're not alone. I can't tell you how many times I've rejoined WW. First time was in 1968. I'm thinking it was October 14.
To be honest with you, right now I'm counting points. I just rejoined WW Online yesterday. Are you going to meetings or are you doing WW from home? Right now, I'm not sure who here is going to meetings. I think most of us are working the plan (or another plan) from home.

That said, :welcome: to the boards. It's good to have you and we look forward to getting to know you and to have you on our weightloss team.

Tejas
01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
So, Sandra, you're focussed on fruit? :kickbutt: :hug:

Last night DH told me about a nutrition program he watched so now he's an expert, counting the amount of sugar in foods. I guess the last ten years of my telling him about this was not as impressive as a person on TV :dunno: :lol:

nancy237
01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Heather...welcome !!!! My daughter did gastric bypass about 2 years ago, so I can tell you more about her experience. It's a tough decision !!!! With her being 30 years old , we didn't discourage her or encourage her to do it, just supported her decision.

Its great to have you new gals on here..:cp::cp:
We are a bit crazy:crazy: here, and encouage each other in the good & bad times.

Maryann :getwell:

Its raining :rain: here and they are calling for snow. I need to get to the store for pet food. Last night I fixed Riley(son's dog) hamburger with an egg because I was out of dog food. She is going to expect me to cook for her today I bet LOL.

My main goal for a week is to pull as much as possible from my attic & garage for charity.. :cheer: focus :cheer:

ontarget
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Rhonda, I know what you're saying. Maybe he needed to think he "found" the info. Curtis is that way sometimes. Yes, I'm a fruit addict. I actually think I could swing from trees like a monkey. :rolleyes:

Okay, Nancy, you have me wanting to use smileys. I love it! :spin:

We walked a couple of loops around the field while ago. Oh! Did I tell ya'll we saw 2 roadrunners in our backyard this morning? Great show while eating breakfast!

pam920
01-17-2013, 11:43 PM
hey chicks.

Welcome Heather. I love SF and it's the way I eat when doing WW. You just have to watch your portions. If you eat that way it should be pretty easy. Just count the peanut butter.

sloan is a poet and doesn't know it.

Nancy, it rained here most of the day too and turned cold. No walking today.

Vickie, hurry back.

Sandra, fruit is good. You made a healthy choice, look at it that way.

Maryann, hope you are doing better today.

Rhonda, I can relate to what you said about Doyle. Trouble is getting to them actually act on what they hear.

I did pretty good today. I did buy some cashews and they will be my downfall. But they are suppose to be good for you.

heather_dw
01-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Thanks, gals.

More stupid junk from the insurance today. Hubby called and they told him "No" too. Said it was an exclusion. They faxed the exclusion to us. The problem? The wording and even fonts and formatting are different from the papers we JUST GOT before the new year started. I have no idea what that is all about. The one they sent (the exact same one from 2012 and the insurance sales guy said it had to change because of affordable care act) says something about the Master Plan document. The one we think is the "new" one says "employee benefits summary" and has hubby's work on the bottom of every page. Have no idea what is going on?

I contacted obesity advocates a few months back. She has said to get the surgeon to submit a surgery authorization so it could be officially denied before we could fight it. Called the surgery program I did the seminar for and they refused to do it. Said I would have to go completely though the program, paying for it myself at like 275.00 an appt. (appts include nurse practitioner, physcologist, physical therapist, and finally, surgeon.) so, i'd get all the way to the end just to get denied. Then I'd have to pay the obesity advocates group to fight my case and that's no guarantee of winning, even though they say they will tell me if they think they can't win.

UGH.

oh and then? Tonight on FB I got this multi paragraph message from a facebook friend telling me that hubby and I should go on something called xngular. Yeah, because those Weight Loss MLM products ALWAYS work, :rolleyes:

beach bum
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi Ladies:)

We got some snow this morning,but I was able to go to Mass and the Rosary.My cough is now ceasing,but my soup kitchen supervisor told me not to come in today as her daughter had a cough and and it might be catching.I guess she right after all I would be handling the food.

Nothing really new I went out with Rita yesterday at the 99 restaurant. Had a steak as I didn't have one in a long time.

SANDRA=Thanks for the get well wishes,I just wondered as I remember a problem called the 190 which was several years ago before the flex and the core plan.

PAM=I think people are either having the flu or the coughing syndrome. Don't dare to go back to my new doctor and ask him that I want to have the shots after I told him I would take my changes.

NANCY=Thanks,feeling a lot better today.I'm focusing on low carbing hoping to get to my first goal of 150 and than to my second goal of 140 and than go on maintenance

HEATHER-:welcome: to the thread.I doing the ww problem but I focusing on low carbs with fasting 2 days a week with Atkins shakes[160 cals & 2 carbs. Good luck with the gastric bypass.

Have a great day

ontarget
01-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Heather, sorry about the stress. Be careful about FB. That message might not have been real. It could have been a spammer or hacker using your friend's account. I've had that happen before. You're in a good place now with WW. And we're here for you, too. We can do this together. Basically, we all know what to do, we (mainly thinking of myself) just have problems with the mental aspects of losing. I tend to get my priorities mixed up a lot. Right now I'm focused.

Thank you again, Sloan, for the focus cheer. :cheer:

This is my day 3 OP. I'm feeling great already. Ah! The power of positive thinking!

Pam, thank you for the encouragement. I am enjoying my fruit for sure. Enjoy your cashews. You're right. They are healthy.

Maryann, I don't remember the 190 program. What was it?

nancy237
01-18-2013, 05:16 PM
My cleaning out is going great.

My eating is good but I think I will be sick if I
see another egg anytime soon..

I need to go get some new foods and salad stuff..
Weightloss seems sorta stuck right now..

ontarget
01-18-2013, 08:01 PM
:cheer: Nancy :cheer:

nancy237
01-18-2013, 08:13 PM
:cheer: Nancy :cheer:

Thanks...
You cheered me into a walk with the dog !!!

ontarget
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
;)

sloanie
01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
They should have a tracker for number of times we have rejoined WW! Mine would be a mile long :dizzy:

I have stayed focused for two weeks! Weigh in tomorrow :carrot:

Tejas
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't think I've told you that I'm headed for Washington DC tomorrow and I'm going to the Texas Ball and to the inauguration. On Tuesday, I'm going to NYC for a few days, and then to Toronto for a few days after that. I'll be gone 10 days, but I'll have my computer and will check in.

:woohoo:

http://texasstatesociety.homestead.com/

heather_dw
01-19-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm kind of depressed about the whole thing tonight. I feel like nothing I do will make a difference. Even when I try, I don't lose. I end up losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. I would eat more calories, less calories, less carbs,more protein, etc etc and none of it made a difference.

So.. I am thinking of trying the SF technique but I have no idea where to start. I hate veggies. I like fruit, but I worry about bloodsugar issues if I eat too much of that. Of course, I'm in one of those moods where part of me says nothing is going to work! Just been one of those weeks!

pam920
01-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Heather, one step at a time. I love my veggies and don't eat enough of them. Hope you get it figured out.

Rhonda, what an honor. I"m sure you deserve it, with all your work through this last election. Tell Obama hi from me, lol. Never been to NY. Are you going to see any plays while there? We will miss you so try to check in when possible.

Tejas
01-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Pam, all it takes is money and time :lol:

:wave:

nancy237
01-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Rhonda..wow !! Our Jet Setter :angel:
Have fun !!

Heather..we have all been discouraged at different times where nothing seems to work, hugs...
If you want to , tell us what your diet & exercise look like on a normal basis, and maybe we will have ideas. I think a diet that takes into account your
food preferences makes sense..

sloanie
01-19-2013, 03:39 PM
WW meeting this morning: down 4 pounds in two weeks!

Heather, my son hates veggies, too! Some veggie haters actually learn to love roasted veggies. Have you tried roasted carrots? I toss baby carrots in a little olive oil then sprinkle with coarse salt and cracked pepper. Then I roast them in the oven at 400 until they are very brown. It makes them sweet. Also, on here on Simply Filling/Core, we have loads of recipes. Maybe they would get you started. I lost 20 lbs with simply filling, so I know it works. Hang in there and keep posting, this group is awesome :D

Rhonda, enjoy your trip. It sounds awesome!!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget
01-19-2013, 07:14 PM
:woohoo: Sloan. You're doing great.

Rhonda, have a fun/safe trip. Have a great time. You've earned it. I'd love to see photos of you in your gown.

Heather, I hope you can find the plan that's right for you. Sometimes it takes awhile. Keep plugging along.

Sloan, I just saw your latest post!! :woohoo: for sure!!!!!

nancy237
01-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Here is Sloan :goodscale:

:dancer: Way to go !!! :carrot:

:wave: This is me patting myself on the back.
I started a beginner yoga :yoga: DVD today and also walked :running:!!
Also ate good choices !!

I am going to try to do the yoga tape first thing in the morning every morning
and walk in the afternoon. I am not a morning person , so it will be a huge personal victory for me if I can do the tape in the mornings.

I am making a list of about 2 weeks worth of "ToDo's" to get the house back on the market and then ...
Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work I go...

I think having a job will be so good for me. I know it will be tiring but a good tired.

ontarget
01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Nancy, :woohoo: to you, too! You are working a great plan. It should be fun as well as helpful. Enjoy!

septembersgoal
01-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Hello everyone! I'm Melissa, an ooooold 3FC core member. "Saw" Sandra on FB and she told me to stop by. :) I am actually thinking of doing core plan again (does it even exist anymore??) because it is one of the only plans that has ever worked for me. Off to bed but will be back tomorrow!!

sloanie
01-20-2013, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the props, Sandra and Nancy! I love you chickies!

Vickie
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm glad I got my flu shot because it means the FLU I have won't be as bad or last as long. Right?!

Rhonda, I am SOOOOO jealous! I hope you take lots of pictures and post them on FB. Please extend our regards.

septembersgoal
01-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi Vickie!

Found my old WW material and have begun reviewing the core food list. Jumping back on the old wagon! ;)

ontarget
01-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Hey, everyone, Melissa is an "old" Chickie. We knew her before she became a mommy. It's so good to see Melissa here today. I know you're all going to love getting to know her.

Melissa, it's sooooooo good to see you here. I hope you decide to stay. I have been missing you.

As to CORE: It is sort of still around. WW is calling it something different and has changed it a bit, but some folks are still doing the old original CORE. Right now I am counting points. (I still post here because I don't want to lose contact with my chickie buddies.) You're going to love these ladies.

Vickie, I got my flu shot, too. I think you're right that if we get the flu, it shouldn't be as bad as if we hadn't gotten the shot. Hope that's right.

I shot an outdoors tournament today. It was about 70*. Beautiful day. We all enjoyed the fellowship and weather. Curtis didn't shoot, but got to sit outside and visit with some other guys. Life is good.

enchanted desert
01-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone -

I posted several days ago and asked to join the group and then came down with the flu
:mad: so finally back on my feet and went to my first meeting this AM. Will post more tomorrow morning...take care all.

ontarget
01-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi there, Enchanted. Sorry you've had the flu but am glad to see you back here. We're looking forward to getting to know you.

septembersgoal
01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks Sandra! Nice to be back in the "nest!" ;)

nancy237
01-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Hi Enchanted..Welcome..Glad you are over the flu..
Welcome Melissa !!! It will be good to get to know you..How long ago were you on here ??

I had a nice day..Ate lunch with my daughter & son in law & grandson.
Grandson is spending the night because he is out of school tomorrow.

He has been having nightmares tonight about the room spinning & he can't get out. So after the 3rd one, I told him to pile in with me ... Love that boy !!

I walked an hour today around a lake while he biked. It was beautiful here today.
I am doing a few more carbs than last week. Probably 40 per day.
I hope I will still lose that way, if not at least maintain a week or so,
then I can do extreme a week or so more.

sloanie
01-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Nancy, sounds like you are still focused :cheer: You go girl!

Sandra, I am counting points and doing core. Since WW changed program to allow the choice of core or points on a day to day basis, I have been mixing it up. Seems like it is working, so far. Have you tried it?

Thinking about Rhonda today as the inauguration is going on. Hope she is having an awesome time!

Vickie and Maryann, hope you are both feeling better! :getwell:

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great day, y'all!

Vickie
01-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey Melissa! SOOOO nice to see you! I'm struggling to get back on the wagon but I know it must be done. Isn't it just awesome to come back here and find all of us still plugging along and refusing to let go of the side of the wagon with our little fingertips?

Vickie
01-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm meeting my former work GF for lunch today. Don't ask! I still don't feel good but have to go because it's been planned for a long time and she's off of work. I should be back in full throttle here by the end of the week. I cooked my chili last night and even ate a little of it. I mostly ate my Core cornbread. It was yummy.

I'm so jealous of all of you with your warm weather. It will be a high of 11 degrees today.

nancy237
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Isn't it just awesome to come back here and find all of us still plugging along and refusing to let go of the side of the wagon with our little fingertips?

haha..that is a funny image !!!

ontarget
01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Vickie, 3FC nees smileys to show folks hanging onto that wagon. I'm hanging, too. Hope you enjoyed your outing with your friend. Your chili and COREnbread sounds good.

Melissa, have you heard from Angela or Froufie? I haven't heard anything of them in years.

Sloan, I'm doing Points but am eating mostly CORE. I have been allowing myself about 4 pts of chocolate per day, though, to take the edge off. My first wi in Wed am (here at home). Congrats again on sending those 4 lbs away.

Nancy, that's sweet about your son. I wonder what's triggering those dreams.

Heather, I hope you're in better spirits today.

Maryann and Enchanted, how are you feeling?

Rhonda, photos?

We're staying home today. I made a CORE "enough" lunch. So far my snacks have been fruit. I'm out of my chocolate kisses. Tomorrow I'm heading to the store for more. I'm a poet and don't know it.

pam920
01-21-2013, 08:31 PM
welcome to all the new chicks and old chicks. I have to start coming here more often. So many new faces and I can't keep up.

Today was my official WI and I'm down 2 lbs. So, to sabotage my efforts, I had Krystal (like White Castle) for lunch and pizza for dinner. Would someone kick me off the wagon?

I got a new dog so I've been busy.

Bet Rhonda is having a ball tonight.

Sandra, I buy the Dove dark chocolate. It is so good and it's good for your heart.

Nancy, sorry about the nightmares. Wonder what triggered that?

My little great grandson was talking to me on the phone a bit ago. I was trying to get him to say Grandma. He finally said it but I didn't hear him. So when we hung up, he went around the house saying grandma, grandma, grandma.

I wonder why we can switch up core and points plus when we couldn't before.

sloan, congrats on your loss this week. Awesome!!!!

Vickie, poor Vickie. Hope your flu is short lived.

nancy237
01-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Had a fun day with my Grandson. I love that he is 10 and still loves to come stay with me.
We went to another lake today where he could bike and fish. Another beautiful day today, but I think cold is on its way.

I want so much to start getting up early, but no matter what time I go to bed I don't get to sleep until 3 or 4 am . My daughter suggested trying to get up
at the same time anyway and just take a good nap later in the day if I am too sleep deprived .

I need ideas to make myself get up early..
I could try to have coffee in the hottub every morning..
Or get my coffee and crawl back in a warn bed for Bible Study...

I enjoyed some Semi-Homemade Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup today...

Tejas
01-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi!

What a day. I was at the 2009 Inauguration too, and this one is better organized. It is still an effort because of the travel and the crowds. Security was tight but high functioning and they were serious but friendly.

We were in the Newseum for the events and then went out to Pennsylvania Avenue for the parade. It was delayed and we did not last long.

The Ball on Saturday night was fun, but I don't need to go again. Lots of people in ball gowns and men in black tie, or close to it. Most of us in cowboy boots too. I'll post pictures when I get home because I'm using borrowed computers and don't want to download them. I put some on FB for those of you who are on my site.

No matter what your political stripe, an Inauguration is just amazing.

About food....well, I'm just eating what I can, when I can and avoiding sweets.

ontarget
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Rhonda, thank you for sharing with us. It sounds like you're having a grand time. Don't worry about the food. Have fun!

Nancy, Curtis and I are battling sleepless nights, too. If you find the answer, please share.

Pam, :woohoo: on the weightloss. Now dust off from today and hop back on that wagon. We like Dove's dark chocolates, too. We're so used to them that we never even think about milk chocolate ones any more. However, I do like my Hersheys, too.

We stayed home today. I was in jammies all day. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....didn't I say that at least one day last week? It's getting habit forming.

ontarget
01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Looks like I get the prize for last/first.

When I posted that Melissa was an "old" Chickie, I should have said she's a "young/old" Chickie. Melissa and her husband have a young family. She was a member here before her first child was born then afterwards. Melissa, I'm thinking you now have two children. Am I right? Again--it's soooooooo good to have you back here. I hope you have time to come here often.

I have lunch ready and am just waiting on Curtis to come indoors. We're going to the Archery Shop afterwards. It's a gorgeous day here. Supposed to be in mid-70's Thursday. Today's not that warm but it's still pretty good for January.

My food's good. I did make some oatmeal/raisin cookies yesterday, but I'm keeping up with my points.

I hope you're all enjoying your day. I'll catch you later.

nancy237
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I haven't lost any more pounds in the last 4 days.
Just the smallest amount of carbs seems to stall my weightloss.

My scales drive me batty, I can get 5 different readings in a row.
Does anyone have scales they love ?

I am walking some in the afternoons now, so maybe that will help.

Cleaning house today & finishing with last charity loads from the attic stuff.

Two elementary schools have advertised for a Speech Pathologist starting in mid Feb , so I need to talk with them. My references are 2 years old for our county application so I need to get the same people to do a new one.

Its cold here today.

ontarget
01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Nancy, I hope you get the position you're wanting. I have WW scales and love them. I got them at Walmart.

Today I ate too many cookies. I did journal them and deducted the points, but I doubt I'll have a weightloss in the AM. Time will tell.

Tejas
01-22-2013, 09:19 PM
I took subway, train, subway from Rockville, Md to NYC today. I'm a little overstimulated. The Amtrack stations and the NYC subway were very busy and I've been around a LOT of people over the last few days.

My friend here is not feeling well so I will likely go to the museums/galleries alone. She has Type 1 diabetes and some cardiac issues, then she pulled some chest muscles and is in a lot of pain. We'll see what tomorrow brings. But, at least we can visit.

I've had two sandwiches today, but some fruit and yogurt also. I'm going to have some wine and call it a day.

Hi Melissa!

ontarget
01-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Rhonda, you and your friend enjoy your time together.

My eating has been off this evening. Why do I do this the night before WI?

pam920
01-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Sandra, when you find the answer to that question, please share with me. I am too tempted with certain foods, so try to keep them out of the house. I would eat all the cookies until gone.

Rhonda, not fun with your friend being sick. Hope she is better today and you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

We managed to walk today. We haven't been so consistent this year but we are working on it.

I need a nap.

Tejas
01-23-2013, 10:27 PM
My friend stayed in today while I went out to meet a friend who works here and to go to the Matisse exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I'm glad to say I haven't lost the ability to navigate what I need to of the transit system. It was 16F here today but I was mostly warm enough.

The exhibit was spectacular of course. I would like to live in the museum for a five-day stretch twice a year. I'm pretty sure that I can't make that happen. :(

I had pasta, sausage and broccoli for dinner, but I left most of the pasta in the take-out dish, hoping my friend can eat some tomorrow. She would love to have our problem. She needs to put on 10 pounds and can't seem to make it happen. I could do that in a week, no problem.

Tomorrow afternoon I am flying to Toronto.

Vickie
01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I bought the Ninja Cooking System yesterday on QVC. I hope to be able to cook some healthy meals and wonderful soups in it. It says it reduces fat by 30% and that one can also reduce the amount of fat in baking and cooking and still have a moist product.

We have 30 days to try it out before we return it.

Does anyone have any fabulous healthy soup, chili, one pot meals recipes to share?

Tejas
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
VIcki, I'm sure you will find tons of recipes on-line...www has a great 5-ingredient cookbook.

Nancy, I wish you luck finding a position that you like.

So, this morning at 4AM my friend fell and could not get up without help. She is frighteningly unsteady on her feet, thus vulnerable and not able to navigate well enough to care for herself. She needs home help, in my opinion, at least for a while. Also, this morning she could not read her blood testing monitor. She could read the newspaper though, so it's not a general vision problem. Reading that monitor is critical, of course.

She has called her doctor and is waiting for a call back. I have delayed my trip for at least a day and am just here in case she needs me. I don't have to go to Toronto, but even if I stay here for a long time, this is not the solution to her problems. Interestingly, her son leaves on a week's vacation tomorrow to Cuba. She keeps assuring me and her son that she can live independently. I'm not impressed. This would be the time and situation for assisted living. We shall see--perhaps it will pass.

ontarget
01-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Rhonda, that's so sad about your friend. I know seeing her this way has to be hard on you as well. I am sending you both some warm thoughts.

Vickie, let us know how you like the Ninja Cooking System.

I delayed wi till this morning. I am down 1.2 lbs. We just got home from the local cafe. I had meatloaf and some good healthy veggies. It feels good to be eating healthy foods.

Tejas
01-24-2013, 09:14 PM
I've stayed in almost all day with my friend. She is marginally better and has talked to MD. I will still try to go tomorrow, but won't be surprised if I don't.

My foot has reacted badly to all the walking on this trip so staying in didn't hurt me but did make me a little stir crazy....strange to be in NYC and not in a museum :lol:

On one of trips out to buy groceries/food today, I ate a scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream...it's about 20 degrees outside!

nancy237
01-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Vickie...Can't wait to hear about this Ninja Cooker !!!
I want healthy soup , stews & chili recipes too ! I bought a
Readers Digest Soup Cookbook recently , so when I
make something good I will let you know. This cookbook doesn't have
nutritional info, but I decided that I know healthy from unhealthy without the
info..

Rhonda...That is very concerning about your friend..good thing you were there..
Hoping things improve for her..

Sandra..yay on the lbs down !!!

Pam ..your walking sounds like mine..better than before but room for improvement...

My cousin & I are headed to the NC mountains tomorrow to return my son's dog to him & visit. My cousin's daughter lives there too so we will probably take them both out to dinner.They are calling for icy roads here tomorrow night, so if we need to we will spend the night in Boone and return home
Saturday.

ontarget
01-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Rhonda, glad you got to see Ben and Jerry today. I got a lot of kisses from Mr. Hershey. I hope your friend is better tomorrow. Take care of your tootsies.

Nancy, enjoy your trip to the mountains tomorrow. I envy you. I love mountains. Can't wait to go to Montana this June.

nancy237
01-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Sandra...
Would Ben, Jerry & Mr Hersey like to join our forum ??
They woud be very welcome !!!!

ontarget
01-25-2013, 12:03 AM
:lol:

sloanie
01-25-2013, 08:41 AM
:carrot::carrot: SNOW DAY :carrot::carrot:

Rhonda, I know your friend appreciates your help! I hope she finds a solution for her needs that makes her safe and happy.

Vickie, I think I posted a core soup here for Chicken Wild Rice Soup that was very good. Let us know about your cooker. Sounds cool!

Sandra, I have had several dates with Mr. Hershey. Hope you are not too jealous :lol:

Nancy, be careful and enjoy your trip.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

Tejas
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Now we know who it is we all love! I hope various DH's don't get too jealous.

My friend was better after stopping the meds and getting more food and water in her system. Type 1 diabeties is a ravaging disease. I may go to Toronto today. If you don't hear from me for a few days, that's good news. :lol:

Nancy, have fun. I love the mountains too, but ice is a worry. I know you'll be careful.

Sandra, congrats on the loss.

Anybody have a Vitamix? My friend does and says it is wonderful.

ontarget
01-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Curtis and I had a threesome with Mr. Hershey. Lots of kisses! I am so addicted to chocolate. Curtis is, too.

No Vitamix here. I have heard good things about them, though.

Sloan, enjoy your snow day. I used to look forward to those. Students don't realize how much teachers look forward to them, too. :lol:

sloanie
01-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Sandra, your threesome made me laugh out loud, literally, not "lol, but really laugh!!

ontarget
01-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Sloan, you're cute. I'm laughing, too.

sloanie
01-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Sandra, I have eaten mostly core this week, and have lost less than one pound. Are you finding that you are losing consistently by counting points? I probably need to stick to counting points, but core is so convenient! I think I would trade counting points and losing faster for convenience, though. If you don't mind, would you tell me your average weekly loss? BTW, tell Mr. Hershey hello for me :lol:

Vickie
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It is freezing here but sunny. We are expecting an ice storm from Sunday into Monday with almost a quarter inch of ice. NOT good. We'll be staying home snug as bugs and praying that the power stays on.

I've been cooking Core and trying to keep my portions small. I think that was my big problem with Core before. I'm not going to WW nor am I calculating points. For the moment, I'm try to FOCUS (no Hocus Pocus) on eating healthy small portions and am trying to be satisfied in my brain. You see I have a problem with food in that I do NOT need to be hungry to eat. Sigh. It is a constant battle.

Last night we had Lemon Garlic Chicken, baked fries from REAL potatoes, fresh green beans and homemade applesauce. It was delicious. I'd had two boneless thighs and wanted more. It was hard to stop but I did.

I'm also not getting on the scale because I know I would be depressed and probably eat bad things. I don't know when I'll get on the scale again actually. I have a Nephrologist appointment on February 6th so I guess I'll be on the scale then and be forced to discuss my gain from last year with her. That will be a less than pleasant conversation. Oh well....it is what it is and I can only deal with the situation from here.

BTW, I too love chocolate. I'm trying to eat more natural, healthy food in smaller portions. My current love are Kind bars but only the ones with dark chocolate on them. Lots of nuts...some with fruit and a thin layer of chocolate. Kind of high in the calories (pun intended) but very delicious and satisfying. I have them for dessert at night with a great cup of black decaf and I am very satisfied. They have nice nutritionals...fiber, protein...to go along with the fat which is primarily from the nuts. That's my review for today.

Light and love to all of you. I shall try to check in more often.

ontarget
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Sloan, I have been AOL from WW points counting this week, so I really can't say. I think either would work if we stuck with them. I know you're sticking better than I did, though. Let us know what you decide.

Vickie, I am sending you ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) for success. You do sound focused. I was last week. I'm not sure what happened this week. I need to pull out my duster. Your dinner sounds delicious.

We were at a tournament most of the day and will be tomorrow, too. I'm tired tonight.

nancy237
01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Had a great trip to Boone. The roads were quite slippery when we got into the foothills yesterday but we did fine. We took both kids out to an early dinner and then stayed at a cabin over night that my cousin's daughter is renting...
This morning we had a late brunch , some shopping and drove home.

It was a good chance for my cousin and I to talk in depth about her engagement.

Eating has been a free for all Friday & Saturday...
Also just had dinner over at a friends and she made an amazing
Veal, cheese, spinach & prosciutto puffed pastry...Good stuff..
So like Vickie said "It is what it is " ,
I will weigh, assess the damage and adjust my weight tracker in the morning ..

sloanie
01-26-2013, 11:18 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: We don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

ontarget
01-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Sloan, I didn't answer your question. I lost 1.2 last week. I don't have an average. I've been so on and off. Or is that off and on?

Nancy, I hear ya. It is what it is for me, too.

nancy237
01-26-2013, 11:32 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: We don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot:

It's a new week. I am not going to let a little slip undo weeks of
good choices !!!

sloanie
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM
I am planning my week's food right now. I will have lunches as well as dinners ready or ready to cook for the week. I know that if I am prepared, I will be much more successful. Plan, plan, plan, chicks!!!!

Thanks for the info, Sandra. I think I will count points for most of the week and see what happens. I am very serious about being back to my goal by the end of May! I can do this! :sumo::sumo::sumo:

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:We can do this!:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

ontarget
01-27-2013, 12:12 PM
:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:We can do this!:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

With all these cheers how can we fail?

Good success to all of us.

Vickie
01-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Good Morning Chicks! We are having an ice storm here.

Hey Sloan....did you Nephew get enough cards?

ontarget
01-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Vickie, be careful.

Sloan, I was wondering the same thing. Have you heard?

Okay, I'm dusting right now.

pam920
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
wow, it's getting a little rauchy in here, *3 somes*.:censored:;)

sloan, I will never see 130 again in my lifetime. I'm beginning to think i'll never see the 150's either. I never knew it would be so hard to keep those extra pounds off. I never had a weight problem until my mid 40s. I was a skinny kid. What happened?

Did some cleaning today. It was beautiful here in the low 80's. We are having a heat wave for a few more days. I'm not complaining. My daughter in KY had ice on Friday and to cancel all her appts. Growing up in MIchigan, that kind of weather was the norm. I don't miss it at all.

Stay safe, those having ice.

ontarget
01-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Sloan, congratulations on losing those 10 lbs. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm happy for you. Enjoy your weather. We're doing the same.

sloanie
01-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Sandra, I have lost six pounds. I wish it was 10 ;) Sorry if I was misleading.

ontarget
01-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Sloan, 6 lbs is good. Congratulations.

nancy237
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Where is everyone??

Good eating today..Oatmeal & stir fry veggies with Shrimp
The scales jumped up a pound for some reason, but maybe
if I pee alot tonight :D

I have started planning more things to get out and join
groups and make more friends..
Bible Study on Monday nights, visiting a church tomorrow night for their
outreach night, going to a meetup dinner Wed night ..
I know if I get out there and do things I will find new friends to do things with..
Deciding to not sell my house right away is going to let me focus on
personal, social & work stuff.

Now if I can just start sleeping at night !!

Tejas
01-28-2013, 10:00 PM
hi all....miserable right now...I'm in Toronto and have an awful cold...will catch up later...right now, just headed to bed :(

ontarget
01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Nancy, you sound you have some fun times ahead. makes me smile.

Rhonda, I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Storms are coming tomorrow. Oh, well.

sloanie
01-29-2013, 08:19 AM
18 WPAs in one night aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh:tantrum:

ontarget
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Sloan, be glad you had them to spend. I'm still dusting. Man, am I dirty!

sloanie
01-29-2013, 06:53 PM
I am OP today, and I was officially OP yesterday as well. I just did not want to use so many WPAs in one day. Oh well, Sandra, keep dustin' and focus :cheer:

Tejas
01-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Still miserable...headed home tomorrow afternoon...talk to you tomorrow night.

nancy237
01-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Rhonda...
Feeling bad for you traveling with a bad cold...

Hoping you can get home, crawl to the sofa, and cuddle up
with some hot chocolate and chicken noodle soup...

Here , I made some hot cocoa for you !!! :coffee2:

sloanie
01-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Sitting in the hallway bathroom at 3 am with DH, DS, and little dog is not fun. Storms were severe, but we won't know how much damage there is until it is more light outside. Hope you all had a better night. I'm soooo sleepy. I need :coffee2:

nancy237
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Sloan !!!

:chockiss: for all

:coffee2: :coffee2: for you & DH

:corn: :jeno: for DS

:barbell: Bone for your dog..

Keep us posted, its a stormy, windy day here ...

ontarget
01-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Sloan, I hope you didn't find much damage. Glad you were all safe and happy you were/are OP. You go, girl!

Nancy, thank you for the Hershey Kiss.

Rhonda, we'll be looking for you here. Get some chicken soup and get better.

I'm OP today. It's about time, isn't it?

sloanie
01-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Total of 8 tornadoes in Middle Tennessee. One fatality. We didn't have any damage at out house. National weather report shows storms heading for Nancy.

Nancy, be safe and let us know how you are. Also, thanks for the goodies! You are so sweet :goodvibes

Rhonda, I hope you are snug in your own bed. :getwell:

Sandra, I just made an appointment for a physical on March 25th. I am determined to stay OP and get this weight off. I don't want the doc fussin' at me. :D

I'm getting off here I am so :tired:

Tejas
01-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Got home Ok--thanks for the hot chocolate, Nancy.

My ears just about killed me on the descent, even though I had taken some decongestant.

Things are not good with my NYC friend. I imagine that I will be returning soon. I tried to get her to go to her MD, and she would not. She said she was hurting but getting better. Her chest is infected around the area of her by-pass surgical scar from one year ago. It's still not clear what is happening except that she has had surgery and needs more. I cannot figure it out unless she never fully healed. We're all VERY worried about this. Her son is on a vacation in Cuba and cannot get out until Friday.

Sloan, I'm sorry you had a rough night and glad you didn't get hit by a tornado.

sloanie
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Rhonda, as a former cardiac surgery nurse, the first thing that came to mind as I read about your friend's incision area was irritation by the sternal wires that were used to close the sternum. Occasionally we would have to bring someone back to the OR, even months or years later, to revise the placement of sternal wires. Just throwin' that out there :D I'm glad you are home safe and sound but sorry you are worried about your friend. It is so difficult when "the patient" refuses to seek medical attention.

nancy237
01-31-2013, 04:49 AM
Rhonda , glad you are home. Hope you feel better. Hope your friend recovers soon...

Sloan..you were right about the storms coming this way..From about 10pm til now we have had very strong wind gusts , but so far no trees down or house damage that I know of. It's like you said last night, I will check everything
out when daylight comes.

I had dinner with a new meetup group tonight and really enjoyed it .
This group does lots of fun things and I plan to do more with them.
Also went to a church event Tuesday night at a new church that I liked.
The church is very focused on ministries in the local community & I like that.
Planning to go back there to.

My cousin is breaking up with her fiance I think. I have had concerns about
compatability all along..

Eating has been good except for the dinner tonight.

I have a 3 month job opportunity that would be a 30 minute commute.
I like that it would be a short commitment so I need to decide.

sloanie
01-31-2013, 07:36 AM
Nancy, glad you are safe and sound. Love the idea of a short term commitment to start out. Gives you an opportunity to "dip your toe in" before taking the big plunge ;)

Tejas
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Nancy--that's good news for you....new friends, new things to do, new job...I hope the storms didn't do any damage.

Thanks for that information Sloan. I've also talked to a nephew who is an ER doc. He said that sometimes people get sick, vomit, tear their esophagus etc. Anyway, I don't have any more information. Her son will get back to Toronto tomorrow, fly to NYC immediately and let us know what's happening. I'm assuming I'll be going back early next week.

In the meantime, going back to bed :(

Tejas
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Went back to bed, and am going back there :lol: I'm getting a little bored with this!

A friend brought some onion soup and it was delicious.

ontarget
01-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you're home. I hope you get better quickly. I am so sorry about your friend. I know you're hurting for her.

Nancy and Sloan, I feel for you having those tornadoes. So far we've been clear. I know that won't last, though.

Today is my day 2 OP. So far so good. I'm subbing tomorrow. High School Choir. There will be no singing. If there is any, it won't be me. :lol:

ontarget
02-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, here I am again. And I'm still OP! This is Day 3 in a row.

I hope you're all feeling well and are out there having fun.

nancy237
02-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Having a slow day..
Got some housework done & grabbed a movie with my cousin.
We saw Taken 2, but it was strange to see a 30 year old playing
the teenage daughter in the movie. Her Dad was teaching her to drive and
she had her first boyfriend and it was distracting because she looked her real age to me..
Tomorrow I am taking a CPR class.. Hope I have a cute instructor..

ontarget
02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Nancy, ;) ;) for a cute instructor.

Tejas
02-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey...we're supposed to start new pages...

ontarget
02-01-2013, 09:29 PM
:yikes: Forgot this is February.