South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Winter Wednesday Beach Chat 1/16

Brrrr good snowy morning chicks! Be careful if you are out and about as it is quite slick. Had another successful OP day yesterday. Let's see what today brings. Will check in again later. Greatful to be on the train and have a seat! I often wonder where do all these people work????

Tammy enjoy the snow!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yeesh, the train is packed at 5 am? Whoa, that life is not for me! Enjoy your day Jekel!

And indeed, the kids have a 2 hour delay with a fresh coat of snow. It is soo beautiful out there!! I was hoping they'd be cancelled so we can play when I'm done with work, but no such luck .

I think I'll do some CE online since DS woke me up with a bad dream, then shovel the walk, then off to work. I'm grateful the boss lets me bring the kids, I'll drop them off (3 minutes away!) between duties. If I'm *really* lucky, I'll have time to x-country ski before my meeting this afternoon .

Boy, Paul sure is a strong one, isn't he!?

oh, and Ruth! So glad to hear you are still going!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 01-16-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Didn't make it here yesterday...no internet before work and preoccupied after. Day off and taking my mom to her monthly eye appt. Then back to drive w/DH over to Glenwood where I'll leave him until it warms up over here.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're just south of the snowline here, although we do have some icy spots on the roads. By the time I have to leave, the roads should be fine, though. Do take care, Jennifer and Tammy.

My day will be split between work and the hospital. Sadly, we found out yesterday that Mom's cancer has metasticized to her brain, and she'll be going to a nursing home when she's discharged from the hospital. I can be thankful that she's had a good 2 years since she was diagnosed and isn't in any pain. She's been a lot luckier than most.

Have a good OP day, everyone, and take extra care in the wintry weather.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Sorry, Cottage, to hear about your mom.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Okay, I admit it I was really hoping for a snow day today but no luck. I am still going to start my day slowly and see how it goes. My first scheduled visit is 12:45 so maybe the district will go for early release and they will reschedule. In the meantime I've got enough desk work and data to keep me busy for awhile.

Jennifer - glad you got a seat this morning. How long is your commute?

Twynn - hope you get out to ski I'm hoping for enough to get the snow shoes out Friday or Saturday.

Debbie - good morning & safe travels to you

Cottage -

I've got some cannelini beans in the fridge and need to come up with something in the crockpot. I just made chicken soup with some beans and escarole this weekend, so want something a little different. Time for a peak around the recipes and Kalyn's.

Happy snowy hump day
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! No snow here until tomorrow so our Hump Day is just clear and cold - a high of 37ºF seems cold after our recent "heat wave".

I am thinking of Linda a lot today and wish I could pack her in my suitcase and take her to Cuba.

Will be back later. I have to go into overdrive and get stuff done before I leave for my haircut. As soon as I get home and grab some lunch, I'll be off to do pet therapy and then drop my darlings off at the kennel. I am so glad they love the kennel and are anxious to get in there and meet their friends but I' also a bit sad to see them go. There will be an early departure for Toronto Airport tomorrow and the day will be tight.

Have a happy Hump Day and I hope the Hump is manageable snow.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Glad to hear the trip is on.

Linda - So sorry about your mom.

I am trying not to let this floor refinishing stress me out. Since we took the cancellation, we have to work around some conflicts and it will actually drag things out several more days of having our house a mess. It just dawned on me this morning that I usually make my breakfast on the stove-top and it won't be hooked up for days! I guess this over-thinking is why I was over-snacking last night The crew is supposed to start late morning or lunch time today. Not sure if we'll hang out upstairs and live with the noise and dust or hang out at my BIL's house, nearby. The good news is we get to sleep in our own bed!

Funny how my first thought about this is how it will impact my eating!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Linda, I'm so sorry. Praying for you.

Weigh-in day. Down 2 lbs from last week. Super busy this morning - graduation pics are this morning! Yay Anna!!!

Have a good day!

Lisa
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Cottage - your mother and family are in my prayers.

Everyone else have a nice day.

take care
Sophie
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #11  

Y'all are making me cold talking about the snow. Its going to be 77 here today. Yesterday we hit 80!! I wish we could get some cold weather to kill out some of the bugs. Hope everyone has an OP day!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Today is day 1 of phase 2 for me!! I am so excited to get to eat an apple!! Hopefully it will not trig cravings for me.

Cottage I am so sorry about your mom. Praying for you all.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your mom.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Linda I am sorry too. Keeping your family in my prayers. Ruth have a wonderful time. Cannot wait to hear all about your journey. Cyndi I take an express train which is about an hour. Tammy this assignment really makes me appreciate coming home the day does fly by though. Oh standing room only on the train ride home too....where do these people work????

I am going (ok try as I am not tech savy) to figure out the pedometer feature on my heart watch. I know I logged at least 2 miles of walking today. Looking forward to a few days off.

Tomorrow going to the movies with Joe. He is on day 3 of P1 and a popcorn junkie lol. I am going to sneak us in some snacks. Otherwise he might have a melt down lol. Also, I am bringing him a batch if chili trading it for bean and escarole soup yummy yummy
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Cottage so sorry to hear about your mom praying for you and your family
Closed Thread