Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 09:33 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of May 5

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

JOYce, sorry you had to cut your trip short! Hope the storms didn't get too bad. We could use a little rain down here; it's getting so dry, and the smoke from Mexico is just awful. It's amazing that smoke can travel so far! DH is coughing like crazy, and we're trying hard to keep Dad from going outside; with his asthma, he could easily get bronchitis from this. (In fact, the local weather forecasters are all warning people about that.)

Had a busy weekend with an event at our museum; we fed several hundred people bbq plates. (I made like 70 pounds of potato salad, not my favorite thing but it went over well, thank goodness.)

Yesterday, DH and I drove to East Texas for a funeral. It was so sad; his cousin (the son of DH's father's twin) lost his 18-year-old son in a car accident. There were hundreds of people there, many from his high school; he was going to graduate in a few weeks.

Gotta run ... these last few weeks of school are so hectic. Hope everyone has a great Monday, if that's not a contradiction of terms ...

Regards,
Jan
Old 05-05-2003, 01:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Did my w/i on Thurs last week & was down 1#. Hope to do even better this week.

I behaved myself pretty much over the weekend & also got my exercise in.

Janetmae - so sorry about the funeral. Too sad for such young people to go. Take care.

Hope everyone else is doing well & have a great week.

Bye for now.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:10 PM   #3  

Way to go, Bandit! Another pound gone forever. Kudos on staying op over the weekend, too! That's always the hardest time for me.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!
Old 05-06-2003, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Still chugging along, going to bf tonight for bbq. We are having steak, baked potatoe & veggies. I have eaten on the light side today to compensate for the steak.

Have been doing my tapes (except Sun) so I feel pretty good about that.

Bye for now.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #5  

Hi Bandit! Sounds like things are going really well; wtg!

Same old routine down here. Having a VERY good week program-wise, and have lost 2 of the 3 extra pounds; with luck, and really light WI clothes, I just might make my WI this Saturday; keep your fingers crossed for me! DH and I decided to low-carb it for a while, so we cut out bread, sugar, and refined starches. It seems to be working OK. (It's definitely not Atkins, just a higher protein WW plan.) I am really hoping that DH will make his ten percent Sat. We're planning to go to SA Friday afternoon (I have a checkup appt) and then stay overnight. Dad's going too, and hopefully will get some swimming in if the pool is warm enough for him.

Gotta run. Had a crazy morning; couldn't find my glasses, so put on an old pair to drive to school, almost got there late. And NOW I think I remember where I left them .... isn't that always the way?

ttyl,
Jan
Old 05-09-2003, 02:41 PM   #6  

Hi everyone! Hope all is well with ya'll! Well went to weigh in this week and down .6 I was a little frustrated; but will see what Monday brings, I started walking last week and I think I'm retaining fluid, cause my hands were swollen this AM.
Just wanted to say hello and everyone have a great weekend!
Old 05-10-2003, 05:48 PM   #7  

Hi Nascar Girl! Hey, .6 is not shabby, you know; celebrate each loss! The scale is moving steadily in the right direction, way to go! And you're right, if your hands are swollen, you are retaining water. Drinking more water will help, strange as that sounds.

DH, Dad and I went to SA yesterday and stayed overnight. Went to WW this morning, and I was 0.8 over the limit (but had to pay anyway as I missed April wi.) I'm okay with that, as it's over two pounds down from where I was last week, and I know I'll make it under the limit next Saturday. DH had to rejoin, as we didn't go in April at all, and it took so long that he missed the meeting itself. (It was a good one, as always with our leader; she's great.) DH also didn't ask them what his WI was! I'll bet he made his 10%, too. So I guess we'll celebrate that next week!

I found some great summer dresses and a cute beaded belt, so the shopping therapy was fun. We also went swimming and worked out at the hotel's mini gym. Now it's back to work getting ready for a project on Monday, oh well!

How's everyone's weekend going?
Closed Thread