Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 08:45 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Red face *yawwwn* Monday's Thread

Getting the thread started, bbiam.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:55 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good morning everyone. It's been a while since I did a proper posting. I've been lurking around, but my good friend Laura urged me out of lurkdom (thanks for the encouragement hon!) and here I am.

I hope you'll all still let me hang out after I tell you what's been going on. We're doing a lot of charting of cycles and lifestyle changes to lessen our chance of miscarriage as much as we can. One of the things that we're not sure will help but can't hurt is that I'm now eating low-carb. There is a really unproven and unscientific theory that insulin levels that are up and down all day in certain people can increase a chance of miscarriage, so since low-carbing pretty much stabilizes insulin and keeps it in one place all day, here I am. Like I said, there is no hard and fast scientific evidence, but if there's even a tiny chance that this will help, I am willing to take it. On the up side, I'm losing lots of weight rather \easily. I've gone down two sizes. who knows if it will stay off, but I'll enjoy that side benefit for now. I do plan to go back to WW after a baby would (hopefully) come, so maybe the maintainence of that would do the trick.

So how is everyone else? I have been keeoung up somewhat, but I'd love to hear about what's been up with all of you just the same!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:06 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Oh by the way, Drew just finished our family website. Well, it's still in progress, but it's up and running.

www.therosenbergs.us
Old 05-05-2003, 09:58 AM   #4  

Jayne,

I love the pics!!! I am sending you lots of positive vibes on the potential pregnancy. My brother and SIL have been working on baby #1 for over two years, lots of tests and charting, and are finally trying invitro in a couple weeks.....you've had one, I am sure #2 is right around the corner!!

I have a terrible headache today, and have an assignment due in an hour, and a huge presentation at 3 p.m., so I will be vanishing for a while. Once this week and next are over, I will finally have some free time! Summer school doesn't start for a few weeks.

I haven't been very OP lately, but am going to lose the weight. Hopefully my headache goes away, I am starting to walk tonight, either outside or in, not just for the weight benefits, but I need the walk just to clear my mind!!!

Anyway, better get my assignment done, I will check back in a bit!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:34 AM   #5  

Morning everyone,

Jayne, good luck with your new pregnancy plan - and what a bonus from the low-carbing! I know some people who combine low carbing with WW in case you want to continue with it after baby #2.

Tonya, hang in there with the school work. I was considering going to grad school part time next year, but glad I put it off. I barely have enough time for myself just working 40 hours a week. I hope the walks work for you.

Well, I stayed OP this weekend, mostly because I didn't go out drinking at all...so it was kind of boring at the same time. But I made up for it by going out to brunch yesterday and getting eggs florentine (the last time I will have hollandaise sauce, who knew it was so bad for you) and bought 3 new pairs of shoes. I love shoes. On the down side, I didn't exercise nearly as much as I would have liked. I did my strength training and the FIRM ab video (which I thought was surprisingly easy) and that's it - NO cardio. I've been really bad about getitng that in, I just can't seem to get myself to go out and do a walk or anything. This morning I did 30 mins of an old school FIRM tape, but even then, that was mostly calesthenic-type moves and not so much heart pumping cardio (and it was called low-impact cardio). I'm hoping to get the Windsor Pilates soon, but those aren't cardio either - anyone else having these problems? When I used to belong to a gym, I couldn't get myself to do the weights, now it's the total opposite!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:25 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning,

Fairly slow morning here so far, hopefully it'll stay that way. I only had Sunday away from work this weekend, so I'm fairly bitter about that. And it was a boring Sunday, I swear I watched about 4 movies off and on all day. Finished up with Manor House on PBS - I could actually get addicted to that reality show, I think. I keep thinking how I want to move back home, just so there's peopel around! Here, I'm by myself quite a bit, and it drives me nuts after being in college around so many people for so long and at home with all my family always around. Not to mention the fact that I can barely afford to live up here! So I've just got to keep looking for a new job... Sigh.

Jayne -- good luck!

Tonya -- hope your day goes well & the headache goes away.

Lexxy -- I don't really like doing cardio videos, since I'm on the middle floor of an apt, I feel like everyone can hear me hopping around! But I do go to a gym or on walks for cardio. I tried out the 20 minute Winsor Pilates last night. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I didn't really feel like I broke a sweat at all, but my "powerhouse" & arms felt it. I'll have to tryout the 50 minute one.

Back to work...
Old 05-05-2003, 11:49 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Yeah Jayne! I'm so glad that you are posting again. Whether it is WW or low carbing or your exercise efforts, you've been working hard and deserve to enjoy the smaller sizes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be another baby soon. In the meantime, at least you and Drew can have a lot of fun trying! Your family pictures are lovely. Aaron is getting so big! BTW - I LOVE your hair! For half a second I thought about bringing your picture to my hairstylist and saying - make me look like her - but then I decided it was probably too psycho.

Tonya - good luck with the assignment. I'm so glad that you have a break coming up, I know that you've been wishing for more time to spend with your kids and hubby. I'm holding you to your promise to yourself to walk tonight. And I'm raising the stakes - I'm going to keep you virtual company - I'll either walk tonight for at least 30 minutes or if it is still raining I'll do a WATP tape for 30 minutes. I'll be so disappointed if you don't join me!

Lexxy - even if your weekend wasn't wild fun it sounds like it was relaxing. I can't believe that you thought the ab sculpt tape was easy. I'm never sore the day after but feel like I get a good work-out at the time.

Spent Friday night and Saturday when I wasn't working cleaning my house, car, etc. as my Grandparent's came to visit yesterday. Enjoyed the afternoon with my Grandma (Grandpa was with my cousin) and survived the dreaded family dinner.

Had more patio trauma & drama. The guy I hired was supposed to supply a new design - all he did was the same design but 2 feet bigger so we called again and explained that we wanted a new design - he promised 3 by the end of Saturday - we got one - a square with a smaller semicircle on top. Apparently design isn't this guy's forte or else my job isn't big enough for him to expend a lot of effort. CB convinced me that it was better to do a simple patio that was functional and could start enjoying right away (I'll probably only be in the house 2 more summers) rather than spending 1/2 the summer searching for the perfect design. I settled on a large rectangle. It will still raise my property value and it is in cobblestone so it will still be unique in my neighborhood. And I can always add some interesting landscaping to make it seem more than it is.

Wow - I'm long winded today.

Morning to all I may have missed.

BBL.
Laura
Old 05-05-2003, 12:16 PM   #8  

Hi everyone! I am here lurking! I had a very busy weekend-my old college roommate and her husband came for a visit. On Saturday before they got here we took our puppy to a local 'dog wash' fundraiser-she won youngest dog! Then they got here and we went to Providence, RI, walked around, and ate...then on Sunday they wanted to go into Boston, so we drove in and ended up walking at least 5 miles! So I didn't formally exersize, but I was tired! Then we ate out again-I've eaten out like four days in a row and feel huge! This am I am back on track with raisin bran and an apple. We are celebrating Cinco de Mayo at work though-I know I will over indulge. Luckily baby is getting so big i really can't overeat anymore! (For the 1st time in my life!)
Anyone heard from Jen-L? Jen, are you out there? Have you had the baby?

Jayne- I have heard that theory as well...good luck, and enjoy the smaller sizes....

Tonya and Laura-I too, will walk with you! It will be nice to get outside after a long day at work-I am 8am till 7 pm today...

Hi to everyone else!
Lori
Old 05-05-2003, 01:12 PM   #9  

Hey everyone,

Angie, I used to take a Pilates class and I didn't ever really sweat either - I don't think that's really the goal.

Laura, it's not that it was so easy - more like easier than I had expected it to be. There were so many straight and oblique crunches, but I was a bit surprised they didn't mix it up more and do more for the lower abs. I used to do this boot camp exercise program and some of the ab moves we did were murder! I definitely didn't feel this one the next day, though I did feel it as I was working out. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing....
Old 05-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #10  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi again. Tnoya I hope that your headache cleared up. It's not fun to do something like a presentation wtih the feeling that there's a jackhammer in your brain.

Lexxi, don't eggs florentine absolutely rock? My other favorite is eggs sardou, which is pretty much the same thing with artichokes instead of spinach. Eggs and veggies are basically healthy to start with...it's such a shame that we can make them so sinful! I also went on a shoe-buying (and clothes-buying) binge this weekend. I was feeling summery, so I bought brown and black sandals. Makes you feel so good to wear nice shoes!

Angie, good luck on the job search! I really wanted to watch Manor house (and 1900 house) because I got so hooked on the Montana pioneer one, but I can't seem to ever find them when I'm home. Maybe the library will get the videos...

Laura, I think BF is right...if you get a simple design, you can make it into what you want. Especially a rectangle...think of all the beautiful flower beds you can put around that. I took my class to a green house this a.m. for a field trip, so I am all landscaping inspired, can you tell? You're going to have to throw a patio-warming party, and I'm going to have to invite myself to it to see the finished product. And the hair thing...I actually brought in a picture of a friend to get this cut myself. So I guess I'm a psycho then Oh well, at least I'm a psycho with cute hair, right?

Lori, sounds like your weekend was really fun. And I bet you got more exercising in than you think with all that sightseeing. I remember that only being able to eat little bits here and there because your tummy was all smushed up...the only downside is that no matter how little you eat, you always feel completely bloated afterwards. You're getting into that homestretch, so hang in there! Glad to hear someone else knows about that theory...I get a lot of odd reactions to it when people ask why I jumped from WW to lowcarb, its polar opposite.

And on that note, it's a cold and rainy day here. I think I will turn on AMC quietly and go nap to it in my nice warm bed.

Later, gators!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:21 PM   #11  

Thanks girls for joining me tonight, I wish you all could walk with me in person, but cyber will do!

I am going to walk, even in the rain, I need the fresh air, especially after my presentation.

Other than that, life is good. DH and I are still planning on trying for baby #3 this fall, Kim, isn't that when you were trying? Maybe Jayne, Kim and I can be pregnant all at the same time!

Well, better get back to work, BBIAB!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:54 PM   #12  

I agree, Jen, where are you? Did you have the baby????
Old 05-05-2003, 03:53 PM   #13  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

JAYNE!!!!!! I'm so glad you're back!!!!!! I have missed you tons!! I'm also glad that you're having so much success doing the low-carb thing and I truly hope that you accomplish the ultimate goal (of having another cutiepie)!! Since you and Laura are so comfortable being psychos here for all of us to see, I'm going to tell you something. Did you know that I only live like 5 1/2 hours from you? To alleviate some of the psycho from that last statement, I was thinking to myself, "Minnesota isn't that far from Nebraska..." and looked up the distance on Mapquest. I looked just out of curiousity, not out of intentions of stalking you, I promise!

Tonya--I hope the presentation goes well for you and that your headache goes away. Enjoy your walk tonight!

Lexxy--sorry your weekend wasn't more fun, but just think how good you can feel about yourself knowing you didn't have all those calories. And, as far as stressing over not getting your cardio in, WW always preaches that no matter what you're doing, if you're doing something, you're doing something right, so even if you're not doing cardio, keep doing what you're doing!!

Angie--Move to Omaha. Seriously. Most of my friends from around here are busy with BFs, DHs, and kids, so I'm by myself all the time. You could move here and we could exercise together, go out together, even watch reality shows together. Hehe.

Laura--I think CB is right--besides, if you don't have a fancy-shmancy patio, it will draw the eye to your landscaping and hard work more. People who see your back yard should pay more attention to the work that you've done than your patio man's work.

Lori--5 miles! Wow!! And it sounds like you had an eventful weekend. How much longer for baby?

Well, my weekend was pretty boring. Mike and I went to dinner on Friday night at a kind of fancy restaurant. Of course, I was totally underdressed, as he didn't inform me we were going anyplace nice, but it was still OK. Saturday morning, I had to work at Job #2, then watched a couple of movies with Aaron. Yesterday, I went to a stamping workshop with a friend of mine, that was fun, except we had to go to the basement because of tornado warnings. I have been doing SO much stamping lately. I've decided to go to Convention for Close To My Heart in Portland in June. Other Consultants take 100-200 stamped goodies to swap, so I'm trying to at least get 100. So far, I only have 40.

Eating was not good over the weekend. Unfortunately, I did not make my goals in the Day By Day Challenge. But, it's a new day and I'm going to stick to my goals for today.

OK, I gotta get some work done now. I'll try to stop back again latr today!
Old 05-05-2003, 04:18 PM   #14  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jayne - taking a picture in of a friend is normal! I just thought that saying to my hairdresser "I met this really nice lady on the internet, could you make my hair look like hers?" Might sound a little too SWF.

Tonya - glad the presentation went well. So DH decided that #3 was a go huh? Glad to hear that - I know you wanted another kiddo.

Jess - I laughed about you figuring out how far Jayne lives from you. CB and I are going to a wedding near Chicago at the end of the month - I've thought about e-mailing JenK and trying to meet up with her.

Thanks for all the support on the patio decision - I'm going to have to see if CB can help me take photos and post them.

I'm pretty excited. I'm taking tomorrow as a vacation day and using CB's gift of a cut and color and am going tanning, to yoga, to get my nails done, etc. A whole day - all about me. How exciting!

Laura
Old 05-05-2003, 04:27 PM   #15  
Cockeyed Optimist

O.K. now I really do feel like a stalker. I just peeked at a few more of Jayne's family photos and Jayne.... your hubby is a hottie!

Sneaking off to my stalkers not so anonymous meeting now......

Laura
Closed Thread