Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday, January 15, 2013

lisa32989
01-15-2013, 07:11 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

A1Texan
01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Good morning Lisa...Hope your day is fabulous :D

lisa32989
01-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Back atcha, our new resident chef!

mrskuby
01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Good morning all!! After all my panicking yesterday, my food package was delivered! Yay!! Of course my DH found it under my mailbox on the side of the road in a puddle!! So I will be calling the post office to complain! That box had almost $300 of stuff in it! What if some stupid teenager drove by and said "hey let's grab that package and see what's in it!" I would be angry (not my first word choice but I'll keep it G-rated).

Anyways, I picked up some RTD's and bars so now I have 4 weeks of food! Back on track and ready to go!!
Hope all of you have a great OP day!!!

Nolawhodatchick
01-15-2013, 08:08 AM
I want to say a huge THANK YOU to LISA, MOMPATTIE, SONYA, MAEZY, RAGDOLL, SAHMMOMMY2, and MONICA for your kind, sweet, encouraging words regarding my +2.8 WI. You are all such a blessing! I know it happens but this was my first time, and it was a bit of a shock. But I know I have been 100% OP and I'm going to keep plugging away 100% OP.

Congratulations SAHMMOMMY2 and MOMPATTIE on your WONDERFUL WIs!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, warm, 100% day!

PS I'm NOT changing my ticker. If I'm still over my ticker next WI, then I'll think about it :)

auroragrl
01-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Good morning everyone! Another ch-ch-chilly day here in South Dakota, and a 50% chance of snow. That's exciting news (as much as I don't really like snow). Our farmers and ranchers need it, as we have been in a drought. We will take any moisture we can get.

Had a great day yesterday. It's nice not to feel hungry all the time. I am not close to my center right now, so haven't been measured/weighed yet. I should be able to this weekend! I'm excited/nervous. I do miss that weekly contact with my coach. I always felt extra motivation after my weekly meeting.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :)

1LittleStar
01-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Good morning all!! After all my panicking yesterday, my food package was delivered! Yay!! Of course my DH found it under my mailbox on the side of the road in a puddle!! So I will be calling the post office to complain! That box had almost $300 of stuff in it! What if some stupid teenager drove by and said "hey let's grab that package and see what's in it!" I would be angry (not my first word choice but I'll keep it G-rated).

Unbelievable! I would be angry too. I'm glad nothing was damaged and that you finally got your food.

Tuesday is my hardest day on IP. My daughters skate at different times after school, so I. At the arena until about 7pm, and not home until 7:30pm. The arena canteen definitely does not have anything IP Friendly! The IP packets are no problem to bring and have there, but I usually wait until I get home for the protein. I have to plan better and have the protein for lunch, but here we are again, and no leftover protein ready to go in the fridge. Maybe I'll have to go out for lunch and have a big steak! lol

Nolawhodatchick
01-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Unbelievable! I would be angry too. I'm glad nothing was damaged and that you finally got your food.

Tuesday is my hardest day on IP. My daughters skate at different times after school, so I. At the arena until about 7pm, and not home until 7:30pm. The arena canteen definitely does not have anything IP Friendly! The IP packets are no problem to bring and have there, but I usually wait until I get home for the protein. I have to plan better and have the protein for lunch, but here we are again, and no leftover protein ready to go in the fridge. Maybe I'll have to go out for lunch and have a big steak! lol

Hi LittleStar-

I was just looking over your WI info on your siggy and wanted to say, WOW!! You are ROCKING this diet!!!! WTG :carrot:

LizRR
01-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Howdy IPeeps...looks like I picked the right day to hit the treadmill...it snowed here this morning, and thundered! I was able to sneak in 6-miles at the gym this morning. Enjoying my deserved egg white sandwich, plan on washing it down with a spinach smoothie later! Have a great day!

auroragrl
01-15-2013, 08:22 AM

Have you tried Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh packs? The have chicken that is cooked and perfect for a salad or when you are on the go. Read the label, because there are some that have sugar, but that have some that are 0/0/0. I also have gotten tuna to go. They are easy to pack along and perfect in a pinch! :)

tobehealthy
01-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Good morning all!

So this week I'm trying to be extra diligent about my water... I'm really hoping to see the 170s on Saturday at my WI and my daily weighing isn't looking great so far. So I'm trying to do double the water to hopefully get me there.

Unfortunately the security guard at work sits right in front of the ladies room, so I'm sure he thinks I'm sick, but I'll just keep going past him once an hour or so today! :)

I hope everybody has a great OP day today!

ragdoll74
01-15-2013, 08:44 AM
PS I'm NOT changing my ticker. If I'm still over my ticker next WI, then I'll think about it :)

I didn't change my ticker either the week I had a gain. :)

Good morning all!

So this week I'm trying to be extra diligent about my water... I'm really hoping to see the 170s on Saturday at my WI and my daily weighing isn't looking great so far. So I'm trying to do double the water to hopefully get me there.

Unfortunately the security guard at work sits right in front of the ladies room, so I'm sure he thinks I'm sick, but I'll just keep going past him once an hour or so today! :)

I'm a daily weigher and hourly pee-er also :lol:

mrskuby
01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Hey! I forgot to mention my NSV!! Last night I put on my "Mudder-in-training" t-shirt (I'm doing Tough Mudder in August). It's one of those super fitted ladies t-shirts that the skinny girls wear and even though I got a large I haven't dared to put it on until last night. DH came in from the garage and was like "Wow! I can really see how much you've lost! Your shape is changing and you look awesome!" It really means a lot cause he's not one to gush like that. He would never say anything unless he really sees a difference. It made me feel so good!! It's so amazing how supportive he's been! I love this program!!! :)

sahmmommy2
01-15-2013, 08:57 AM
1LittleStar - You are doing great. Have you tried the Big Mac Recipe? I ususally make 1 lb of hamburger and then throw half in the fridge for the next day. Since it is a salad, it would pack nice for either your lunch or dinner. Also, maybe hardboil some eggs and have them handy in the fridge, you could grab one and take it with you too?

MrsKuby - YAY Food:) That seems like a bad location for your package!

Auroragrl - Keep it up. I love not feeling hungry. That is one of the questions I have people ask me the most and I am happy to tell them I am content! If you don't have weekly access to your clinic, you could always weigh in here. There is wonderful support here. I do alternatives, so no coach for me, but I do post my WI every week:) Just keep in mind that your home scale will probably not show the same number as the clinic one.

LizRR - Love your dedication. I really hope to run when I am done. You are rocking this!

tobehealthy - have you had a big steak lately? I noticed I tend to see the scale move after a nice steak. Also, if you've been eating the same thing for a while, maybe try changing up the packets/veggies. I'm sure you're not stalled, but you have to keep your body wondering to keep the scale moving:D

Chloe222
01-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey! I forgot to mention my NSV!! Last night I put on my "Mudder-in-training" t-shirt (I'm doing Tough Mudder in August). It's one of those super fitted ladies t-shirts that the skinny girls wear and even though I got a large I haven't dared to put it on until last night. DH came in from the garage and was like "Wow! I can really see how much you've lost! Your shape is changing and you look awesome!" It really means a lot cause he's not one to gush like that. He would never say anything unless he really sees a difference. It made me feel so good!! It's so amazing how supportive he's been! I love this program!!! :)

That's one of the best NSVs! Get used to it!

Suzali
01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Had my first weigh in this morning since starting IP 2 weeks ago. 8.6 pounds down! So glad to be doing this. I can't imagine how much weight I would have gained in the last 2 weeks if I hadn't started. Just bought 4 weeks worth of food and am anxious to see how the next week goes.

sonyainva
01-15-2013, 09:11 AM

Will have to back up Nola you are doing great, stay op my friend.

Nola - glad to see a minor crisis pass by. I think attending the P4 seminar helped me gain perspective on wieght gain, water gain, glycogen, blood volume.

mrskuby
01-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Had my first weigh in this morning since starting IP 2 weeks ago. 8.6 pounds down! So glad to be doing this. I can't imagine how much weight I would have gained in the last 2 weeks if I hadn't started. Just bought 4 weeks worth of food and am anxious to see how the next week goes.

Great job, Suz!!! Doesn't it feel awesome to be able to lose like that? Isn't it great to be able to have 4 weeks of diet food planned out...just like that!!! :carrot: Keep up the good work!!

scorbett1103
01-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Good morning all!

You can do it! Drinking all that water can be one of the most challenging aspects of dieting, but it definitely pays off :)

Awesome!!!

Nice job!

Katkat
01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Good morning all!!

First of all congrats Suz!! That's an awesome weigh in!

Today is day 2 for me and I woke up starving HA! But it's all good. Still got 5 days but I can't wait until my first official weigh after a week on IP! Trying to stay off home scale so I can be surprised.

Not much going on for today, just taking my dog Gordo to the vet and then I'm off to the dentist.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

sahmmommy2
01-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Good morning all!!

First of all congrats Suz!! That's an awesome weigh in!

Today is day 2 for me and I woke up starving HA! But it's all good. Still got 5 days but I can't wait until my first official weigh after a week on IP! Trying to stay off home scale so I can be surprised.

Not much going on for today, just taking my dog Gordo to the vet and then I'm off to the dentist.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

First week is rough, I'm not going to lie:hug: However, don't forget to have an extra packet or a couple egg whites if you're famished. You need to cross over to the land of no carbs and then you'll feel much better and much less hungry. You're much better off having an extra packet or some extra protein to get you through that first week. Cheating will just delay. Oh, and chug, chug, chug the water! YOU CAN DO IT

meilach
01-15-2013, 11:08 AM

That's amazing!! Keep up the great work! I'm 4 days into week 2, I would love to have the same sucess....fingers crossed!!

Question for all of you: I'm kind of running out of interesting veggie ideas....any recipes you would like to share??

P.S. I tried the Big Mac salad (I can't remember if it was this thread it was mentioned on or not) OH MAN it's delicous! I would eat it even if I wasn't doing IP, I was pretty excited.....now I just have to stop myself from having it 7 days a week!

LizJazz
01-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I will have to find the recipe for the Big Mac salad. I am meeting with my coach for the first time tonight and starting up tomorrow!
So excited!!

IPdivajen
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Morning, all. Happy Tuesday!

For veggies, have you made friends with rutabaga yet? I love it...cut it into chunks, toss in EVOO and your fave 0/0/0 seasonings and cook at 400 for 45-55 minutes. Yum!

RareBird
01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Great job with the losses everyone. I continue to be amazed that this plan works for everyone who commits to stick with it. I'm at the end of week 2 (weigh in tomorrow) and am over the hump of hunger and fatigue, and have had no cravings. Though I haven't been posting much, I continue to read on this forum and am learning so much, and as I'm not going to a clinic, your input is essential for me. I've always been someone who has to know WHY I should or shouldn't do something, and as I read just about all my questions are being answered. Scorbett, Lisa and so many others of you are wonderful in explaining so many of the whys I've had, but what I haven't found (and I've searched both the forum and the internet) is the reason why there is a daily requirement of olive oil. Is it to add fat and lubrication to help prevent constipation, or is there actually a chemical reason that helps the pounds go away? Thanks in advance, Sharon

PamC
01-15-2013, 11:29 AM

That's awesome! Congrats! I just had my second weigh-in today and was -3.2 which I'm happy with as it's also TOM and I was up 2 pounds on my home scale today. So, I'm down 8 in two weeks.

meilach
01-15-2013, 11:43 AM

For veggies, have you made friends with rutabaga yet? I love it...cut it into chunks, toss in EVOO and your fave 0/0/0 seasonings and cook at 400 for 45-55 minutes. Yum!

I haven't! I've made zucchini chips and LOVED them so I will definitely try that. Thanks!! My coach also mentioned turnip chips/fries going to give those a go as well.

As far as tossing in EVOO my coach said I wasn't allowed to cook will OO because it turns to a trans fat when it's cooked but most of the IP recipies I see onlinecall for a bit of OO in cooking. Just curious about that? I come from an Italian household and have grown up cooking with OO it's a tough habit to break! lol

I will have to find the recipe for the Big Mac salad. I am meeting with my coach for the first time tonight and starting up tomorrow!
So excited!!

Good luck!! I'm a newbie too but if I can give you any advice it's READ! I try to read as many blogs and forums as possible it really shows you you're not going it alone ;)

Here's the Big Mac recipe....(just a tip if you're like me and HATE raw onion I bought dehydrated onion and put 1-2 tsps of it in some water for about 5 mins it's less strong )

5 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1/4 c finely chopped dill pickles
3/4 c finely shredded iceberg lettuce
1 - 2 tbsp WF Thousand Island Dressing

Directions:

Cook up extra lean ground beef, drain fat and return to pan and add seasonings of choice (I used garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash, salt & pepper).

Remove beef from heat & mix in WF Thousand Island Dressing, pickles & onion

Spread lettuce on plate, add beef mixture on top

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

LizJazz
01-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks!! I too hate raw onion!! Lol!

lisa32989
01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Here's the Big Mac recipe....(just a tip if you're like me and HATE raw onion I bought dehydrated onion and put 1-2 tsps of it in some water for about 5 mins it's less strong )

5 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1/4 c finely chopped dill pickles
3/4 c finely shredded iceberg lettuce
1 - 2 tbsp WF Thousand Island Dressing

Directions:

Cook up extra lean ground beef, drain fat and return to pan and add seasonings of choice (I used garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash, salt & pepper).

Remove beef from heat & mix in WF Thousand Island Dressing, pickles & onion

Spread lettuce on plate, add beef mixture on top
That recipe must be from before they changed the protocol
Make that EIGHT OZ ground beef!

IPdivajen
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
I haven't! I've made zucchini chips and LOVED them so I will definitely try that. Thanks!! My coach also mentioned turnip chips/fries going to give those a go as well.

As far as tossing in EVOO my coach said I wasn't allowed to cook will OO because it turns to a trans fat when it's cooked but most of the IP recipies I see onlinecall for a bit of OO in cooking. Just curious about that? I come from an Italian household and have grown up cooking with OO it's a tough habit to break! lol

Interesting! Well, so far so good for me from what I can tell - and I do believe we're encouraged to used the EVOO in roasting veggies, so I hope I'm not leading you astray!! :) The secret, of course, is not going overboard and exceeding your 2tsp.

Another fave is tossing it in EVOO and WF pancake syrup. Sounds strange, I know, but it takes away that wee bit of bitter in the rutabaga and the little bit of sweetness goes a long way. Might work if you'd rather stay away from roasting with EVOO?

jmuroff1
01-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Had such a great day yesterday! That was my first day of being 100%, not even a small cheat :-) They say they want me to lose 10 more pounds then consider going into phase 2 :) im excited and nervous at the same time lol Does anyone know if you can roast veggies in a toaster oven?

mrskuby
01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Okay...I have looked through the threads trying to find the guidelines for calories, carbs, fat, etc. per day for phase 1. I know I saw it somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it again! My SIL is interested in trying IP with alternates and I wanted to give her that info as well as the link to nahua nutrition. Sorry to ask when I am sure it's posted several times over throughout these threads...

meilach
01-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Interesting! Well, so far so good for me from what I can tell - and I do believe we're encouraged to used the EVOO in roasting veggies, so I hope I'm not leading you astray!! :) The secret, of course, is not going overboard and exceeding your 2tsp.

Another fave is tossing it in EVOO and WF pancake syrup. Sounds strange, I know, but it takes away that wee bit of bitter in the rutabaga and the little bit of sweetness goes a long way. Might work if you'd rather stay away from roasting with EVOO?

Thanks for the info! If I'm honest I've been cooking with it anyway lol only because so many people on here have sad that they do. I guess every coach is just a little different

I will try the WF pancake syrup thing! I bought a ton of WF stuff but didn't try the pancake syrup since my coach isn't letting me have any restricted foods yet. I'll try it now though :)

RareBird
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Okay...I have looked through the threads trying to find the guidelines for calories, carbs, fat, etc. per day for phase 1. I know I saw it somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it again! My SIL is interested in trying IP with alternates and I wanted to give her that info as well as the link to nahua nutrition. Sorry to ask when I am sure it's posted several times over throughout these threads...

This is what I got from one of the threads:

Daily calories: 600-900
Daily protein: 90-120g
Daily NET carbs: 20-40g
Daily fat: not greater than 30% of total

NinjaNurse
01-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone!! Great WI's and NSV's!! I esp loved mrskuby's Thanks to all of you for keeping me motivated and inspired!!

I am having a tough week. My sleep is all out of whack and therefore so is my eating. Not cheating, but actually having trouble getting it all in. I am not expecting a big loss tomorrow because of it.
This last TOM really hit me with fatigue and because I work 2nd shift I am up and running at 11:00pm, groggy all morning and early afternoon.
My big goal this week was being more diligent with my vitamins. I have had a tough time with them since the holidays. I only chart on MFP now so I don't have the book to cross them off. I finally got a pill box and even with that had a few misses.

ragdoll74
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Great job with the losses everyone. I continue to be amazed that this plan works for everyone who commits to stick with it. I'm at the end of week 2 (weigh in tomorrow) and am over the hump of hunger and fatigue, and have had no cravings. Though I haven't been posting much, I continue to read on this forum and am learning so much, and as I'm not going to a clinic, your input is essential for me. I've always been someone who has to know WHY I should or shouldn't do something, and as I read just about all my questions are being answered. Scorbett, Lisa and so many others of you are wonderful in explaining so many of the whys I've had, but what I haven't found (and I've searched both the forum and the internet) is the reason why there is a daily requirement of olive oil. Is it to add fat and lubrication to help prevent constipation, or is there actually a chemical reason that helps the pounds go away? Thanks in advance, Sharon

Your body needs essential fatty acids to function properly. If you google essential fatty acids you can find details on why your body requires it.

rofl306
01-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Happy Day everyone!

Keep going! You are all doing wonderfully!

mrskuby
01-15-2013, 01:46 PM
This is what I got from one of the threads:

Daily calories: 600-900
Daily protein: 90-120g
Daily NET carbs: 20-40g
Daily fat: not greater than 30% of total

Thank you!! :D

mquinn106
01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Second WI today and down another 4 pounds and 4 inches! I didn't know it was possibly to lose 14 pounds in two weeks! :) :)

1LittleStar
01-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi LittleStar-

I was just looking over your WI info on your siggy and wanted to say, WOW!! You are ROCKING this diet!!!! WTG :carrot:

Thank you!! :carrot:

Have you tried Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh packs? The have chicken that is cooked and perfect for a salad or when you are on the go. Read the label, because there are some that have sugar, but that have some that are 0/0/0. I also have gotten tuna to go. They are easy to pack along and perfect in a pinch! :)

I havne't heard of the Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Packs. I'll have to see if they are available locally. Thanks for the tip too about the labels! So easy to miss. Tuna is also a great suggestion.

Good morning all!

I think the people at my work must think there is something wrong with me too! Yesterday, I went to the water cooler and the bottle was empty. I looked at the other 3 bottles, and they were all empty too! This is the first time we've finished all the bottles before they came to switch them out LOL

Great NSV! Good on your husband for being so supportive.

1LittleStar - You are doing great. Have you tried the Big Mac Recipe? I ususally make 1 lb of hamburger and then throw half in the fridge for the next day. Since it is a salad, it would pack nice for either your lunch or dinner. Also, maybe hardboil some eggs and have them handy in the fridge, you could grab one and take it with you too?

I haven't tried the BigMac recipe, but I'm going to add it to my list! Thanks to everyone who commented about alternatives to the raw onions, not my favorites either. Hard boiled eggs - so obvious, but didn't think about it. Thanks!!

:carrot::carrot: woohoo!! That's awesome!

Day 2 was the hardest for me, it does get easier!

Great job with the losses everyone. I continue to be amazed that this plan works for everyone who commits to stick with it. I'm at the end of week 2 (weigh in tomorrow) and am over the hump of hunger and fatigue, and have had no cravings. Though I haven't been posting much, I continue to read on this forum and am learning so much, and as I'm not going to a clinic, your input is essential for me. I've always been someone who has to know WHY I should or shouldn't do something, and as I read just about all my questions are being answered. Scorbett, Lisa and so many others of you are wonderful in explaining so many of the whys I've had,

It is a wonderful place, full of information, sharing, and support. Keep posting!

That's awesome! Congrats! I just had my second weigh-in today and was -3.2 which I'm happy with as it's also TOM and I was up 2 pounds on my home scale today. So, I'm down 8 in two weeks.

Way to go!! That's a great loss in 2 weeks!

Hello everyone!! Great WI's and NSV's!! I esp loved mrskuby's Thanks to all of you for keeping me motivated and inspired!!

I am having a tough week. My sleep is all out of whack and therefore so is my eating. Not cheating, but actually having trouble getting it all in. I am not expecting a big loss tomorrow because of it.
This last TOM really hit me with fatigue and because I work 2nd shift I am up and running at 11:00pm, groggy all morning and early afternoon.
My big goal this week was being more diligent with my vitamins. I have had a tough time with them since the holidays. I only chart on MFP now so I don't have the book to cross them off. I finally got a pill box and even with that had a few misses.

Hang in there! You were one of the first posters whose comments I read when I joined this forum, and you were an inspiration to me! I sometimes forget my vitamins too...

Second WI today and down another 4 pounds and 4 inches! I didn't know it was possibly to lose 14 pounds in two weeks! :) :)

:carrot::carrot: Awesome weight loss!

rainbowsmiles
01-15-2013, 03:41 PM
scorbett:
hey lovely lady....what are your thoughts on using fresh orange zest??

1 tsp seems to have 2 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and technically since is has .5 carbs it would fall into the 0 carb.

1 tsp adds a lot of orange flavor naturally!!

just would love your opinion!!:hug:

mightbe
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, after another week of no weight loss, my coach wants me to not exercise at all this week and see if that will get me moving again. She believes that since my job keeps me running that the extra exercise is probably making me stall even with adding an extra packet.
I haven't been too worried since I have been losing inches, but I would love to see the pounds going down too.:dizzy:

lisa32989
01-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Well, after another week of no weight loss, my coach wants me to not exercise at all this week and see if that will get me moving again. She believes that since my job keeps me running that the extra exercise is probably making me stall even with adding an extra packet.
I haven't been too worried since I have been losing inches, but I would love to see the pounds going down too.:dizzy:
Too bad your coach doesn't see the loss of inches as a "loss". It isn't a stall unless the scale and the measuring tape BOTH stall.
You're doing GREAT!

14 in 14? Wow!

kmc1021
01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Good morning IP peeps!! I am officially back and on program!! I started today. I am doing alternatives, but stick to it. I tell ya, the one thing I forgot is how much I have to use the bathroom. I have been drinking a ton to stay full and fight off the hunger and boredom (no school today) I have already drank a gallon of water and it is only 3! I am taking extra packet/drink to work tomorrow just in case I get hunger. I know that the hunger only lasts a few days and the weight loss for as long as I allow myself to keep it off.

I am so glad to be back. I am hoping for a big first week loss to get me motivated and started on the right track!!

FutureFitChick
01-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi, Everyone.

I'm back from my long "ski" weekend. DH had fun at his race and I got some work done. I am 80% pleased with my eating, but there is still room for improvement. It felt good to get away, but I am glad to get back in the swing of things.

I only skied one day. I found it very fatiguing. (I am really not use to physical activity since starting IP.) It was also super cold. So I did my best and did eat a bit extra after skiing.

clo2551
01-15-2013, 04:53 PM

I absolutely LOVE rutabaga fries!! They are definitely one of my staples!

MonicaKolesnik
01-15-2013, 04:58 PM

I am trying them tonight after all you guys have been raving about them how could I not.

pootyboomboom
01-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone I'm new to this site. This is the second time I'm trying IP. I tried it in 2010 and had absolutely no support and had medical issue. Now in 2013 medical issues resolved and have been on IP for 1 week had my first weigh-in on Monday with a 9.6 loss. I was extremely happy and hope that I can stick with it. This forum is so full of support, inspiration, recipies and great ideas. I'd just like to say a great big HI to everyone.

Desafinado
01-15-2013, 05:10 PM
I just shook some of the sea salt into my chocolate drink and heated it up in the microwave and boy, this is good!

Desafinado
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
OH! (sorry for the post vomit!) I made the focaccia bread with the tomato and herb soup packet last night and that was really good. Honestly you guys, I've only been here for a few days but your recipes and tips have definitely helped me get through this first week.

mightbe
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Too bad your coach doesn't see the loss of inches as a "loss". It isn't a stall unless the scale and the measuring tape BOTH stall.
You're doing GREAT!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lisa!! :hug:
I wasn't losing much inch wise at first but the weight was coming off pretty well, but that last 2 months I have only lost 4 pounds but I have gone from a size 20 to a very loose 16! I am happy with that for sure but will try the tweak this week and see what happens. ;)

Katkat
01-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Now in 2013 medical issues resolved and have been on IP for 1 week had my first weigh-in on Monday with a 9.6 loss.

WOOOHOOO that is a great loss. Keep it up!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Nitney72
01-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone I'm new to this site. This is the second time I'm trying IP. I tried it in 2010 and had absolutely no support and had medical issue. Now in 2013 medical issues resolved and have been on IP for 1 week had my first weigh-in on Monday with a 9.6 loss. I was extremely happy and hope that I can stick with it. This forum is so full of support, inspiration, recipies and great ideas. I'd just like to say a great big HI to everyone.

Pooty- just visit the daily thread and it'll be all the inspiration you need. Congrats on the one week loss- that's amazing. Keep drinking your water and if you're tempted to stray COME HERE!! These people are simply incredible.

MonicaKolesnik
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM
:carrot::carrot: Not even surprised you ladies are so right about the rutabaga fries, they were so good!!! :cb::cb:
In other great news my local shop easy store has gotten in both Rutabaga's and Jicama!!!! :high: Love not having to travel an hour to get it!!!

Breezy414
01-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Weigh in #1 - Drum roll please.....9.5 lbs and 5.5 inches!! YYYEEEESSSS!

Welcome to my dance party..
:carrot::cb::dance::dancer::broc::belly::bunny2:

Sammie12
01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Good evening everyone, great wi's this week. I'm hoping mine on Thursday is just as great. Ruttabaga fries I'm going to need to give that a try. I seem to be getting burnt out on some of the veggies.

Katkat
01-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Breezy!! That is awesome! I hope I do really well on my first week WI. So inspiring...keep it up!:hug::carrot::carrot::D

Chloe222
01-15-2013, 07:44 PM

Isn't that an amazing amount to lose? Really, could you imagine losing that on any other diet? Congrats & keep up the good work!

That's amazing!! Keep up the great work! I'm 4 days into week 2, I would love to have the same success....fingers crossed!!

Question for all of you: I'm kind of running out of interesting veggie ideas....any recipes you would like to share??

P.S. I tried the Big Mac salad (I can't remember if it was this thread it was mentioned on or not) OH MAN it's delicious! I would eat it even if I wasn't doing IP, I was pretty excited.....now I just have to stop myself from having it 7 days a week!
Search the threads for "veggie purees" posted largely by LizRR, a magician in the kitchen and a role model for many of us. So many easy and tasty purees made fron veggies, From the purees, make soup (just add some chicken or veg stock), use as sauces on any other veggies or protein. I tend to make soups (just add water or stock to the purees), its filling, very satisfying.

It's true, no exercise will serve you better. Try it for 2 weeks and let us know how things go. :hug:

I just shook some of the sea salt into my chocolate drink and heated it up in the microwave and boy, this is good!

Great to find something you really like, makes it easy to stay on the program!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lisa!! :hug:
I wasn't losing much inch wise at first but the weight was coming off pretty well, but that last 2 months I have only lost 4 pounds but I have gone from a size 20 to a very loose 16! I am happy with that for sure but will try the tweak this week and see what happens. ;)

This diet/protocol amazes me. I can lose inches in my rib cage, abdomen/waist and have no real pounds lost to show, but the overall effect is attractive...how does this happen? IDK, but am certain that it does indeed happen.

Wow!!

PamC
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM

Wow!! Congrats! That is phenomenal! :)

Wild wire
01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I had my weekly WI & lost 2.8 lbs this week. Congrats to everyone for their NSV's & WI's today! I enjoy reading everyone's posts every day!

Desafinado
01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Holy yummy! I sauteed mushroom and yellow peppers with my 2 tsp of oil and then added a skinless chicken breast. Spinkled some white pepper and sea salt over it. I poured the IP mushroom soup over, let it bubble and meld, and then poured all that over the IP rotini. It was good and I am full.

IPdivajen
01-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Yay for the great losses!! Congrats, all! :)

And glad you liked the rutabaga - so yummy, eh?

WI for me tonight too and down another 5.4. 10 more to get back to my lowest point. Sigh - but I'll get there!

Bellamack
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Still fighting the flu here (and I got a flu shot) tomorrow is my 2nd weigh in, don't know how good it will be since I have been sick for a week. I am feeling a little better tonight, hope I see a big improvement ( less coughing) tomorrow. good night

SassyGirl424
01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
I absolutely LOVE rutabaga fries!! They are definitely one of my staples!

I need to try rutabaga - is it available fresh at this time of the year, or are you purchasing it frozen?

loopers
01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Good evening all! Hope everyone's having a great day!

I have a question about the potato puree - one day one of my coaches told me it was not restricted, but the next time I went another coach told me it was restricted. Soooo... which is it? I'd like to try it, but I'm not giving up my snack, it's my favorite part of the day ;D

Disco chick
01-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone

Could anyone please tell me how many ounces of protein in a boiled egg?

Breezy414
01-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone

Could anyone please tell me how many ounces of protein in a boiled egg?

My coach just told me this tonight actually...there are about 5-6 grams of protein in an egg.

Suzali
01-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Great job, Suz!!! Doesn't it feel awesome to be able to lose like that? Isn't it great to be able to have 4 weeks of diet food planned out...just like that!!! :carrot: Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the encouragement. It's nice to know I will have variety and I only have to worry about getting lettuce and veggies! Already have my meat portioned out and in the freezer. NSV: tonight went out to one of our favorite places to eat and wasn't even tempted by the home made chips. Not eating them and knowing I'm 100% OP feels better than a few chips taste!

Suzali
01-15-2013, 09:10 PM
That recipe must be from before they changed the protocol
Make that EIGHT OZ ground beef!

I'm so glad you clarified the portion size for meat Lisa. I had been doing 8oz per my coach/clinic but have read so many posts about 5 oz. I didn't want to give up the 8oz portion size so I never asked the question. :dizzy:

Suzali
01-15-2013, 09:13 PM

Congrats Pam! I can't wait to get down to your current weight. Keep it up!

MonicaKolesnik
01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I need to try rutabaga - is it available fresh at this time of the year, or are you purchasing it frozen?

It is available fresh here, and I am in small town Saskatchewan so I am assuming it will be available where ever you are. :)

whytokay
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Good evening all! Hope everyone's having a great day!

I have a question about the potato puree - one day one of my coaches told me it was not restricted, but the next time I went another coach told me it was restricted. Soooo... which is it? I'd like to try it, but I'm not giving up my snack, it's my favorite part of the day ;D

It's delicious! And not restricted. It's 7 carbs and 2 fiber, so 5 net carbs (according to fatsecret). Enjoy!

auroragrl
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM

It isn't all about the pounds, and I agree - it isn't a stall unless the pounds AND inches aren't changing. My coach did have me eat my protein at lunch and my packet at supper for 3 days. That was enough to shock my system into restarting this summer.

For those of you who are bored with veggies. I have a couple of recipes I like for something different.

1. Don't forget about cabbage! Make a slaw with WF products. It's yummy.

2. Boil cabbage, saute cabbage and roast some with EVOO.

3. I make a cabbage salad that stays in the frig for quite a few days, So I make it in a fairly big batch. Cabbage, vinegar, stevia, EVOO, leeks, sea salt, pepper,and whatever other seasonings you want. (it's a "re-make" of an oriental salad I used to make). I just mix ingredients till it tastes right. I don't really measure.

4. Try saurkraut. This is another thing I make that can stay in the frig for awhile. Drain your saurkraut. Reserve about 2 TBSP. of juice. Dice some leek, green pepper and pimento. Toss with the kraut. Mix some EVOO, reserved juice, stevia. Mix with kraut and refrigerate. Sorry, I don't measure just mix till it tastes right.

5. I do a lot of stir fries with mushrooms, chicken and cabbage. Can always add broccoli and cauliflower too.

Do some chicken or pork with saurkraut, too.

Don't forget about zucchini.

Turnip fries are yummy.

I will roast my cauliflower and broccoli - but I coat it with some soy sauce and WF raspberry jelly. Kind of like a stirfry taste - then I add some red pepper flakes for a little spice with the sweet.

I don't constantly eat cabbage or saurkraut, but I probably use it twice a week. I love broccoli, and cauliflower, but can't just eat that or I get bored with it.

Be creative!! :)

Disco chick
01-15-2013, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=Breezy414;4592282]My coach just told me this tonight actually...there are about 5-6 grams of protein in an egg.[/QUOTE

Thanks

I'm very confused.. I'm on phase two and therefore have to have an extra 8 oz's protien.. My coach says to eat two eggs but when I have research it comes up with different answers?? Ie 5-6 grams is 1/5 th of an ounce :?:

De11s
01-15-2013, 09:32 PM

Congratulations! That is Awesome, Keep up the good work!:hat::high:

whytokay
01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks

I'm very confused.. I'm on phase two and therefore have to have an extra 8 oz's protien.. My coach says to eat two eggs but when I have research it comes up with different answers?? Ie 5-6 grams is 1/5 th of an ounce :?:

Not sure if this helps, but I know 8oz of protein on phase 1 with eggs is 4 eggs and 2 egg whites. I'd say I can make a pretty educated guess that half of that (2 eggs) would be 4-5 oz of protein.

De11s
01-15-2013, 09:35 PM
I had my weekly WI & lost 2.8 lbs this week. Congrats to everyone for their NSV's & WI's today! I enjoy reading everyone's posts every day!

Great Job, congrats!:carrot:

KitKat169
01-15-2013, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=Breezy414;4592282]My coach just told me this tonight actually...there are about 5-6 grams of protein in an egg.[/QUOTE

Thanks

You should be doing 4 eggs and 2 egg whites as per the newest protocol sheet for a serving of protein. I think your coach might be working off old information so ask her to call her regional rep and get an update.

KitKat169
01-15-2013, 10:48 PM
For the talk about oil and olive oil. Your body needs fat as one of its essential nutrients and fat actually helps you burn fat. You can't go without it but you also have to watch to not overdo it.

Olive oil is okay for cooking at medium to low temps. It isn't good to high heat sauté or roast with it. For that I would recommend grapeseed or coconut oil as healthy IP okay'd options.

Many coaches also recommend using some oil in dressings rather than only cooking with it. I found my losses were more consistent when I regularly had my oil with my salad instead of cooking with it.

lisa32989
01-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Search the threads for "veggie purees" posted largely by LizRR, a magician in the kitchen and a role model for many of us. So many easy and tasty purees made fron veggies, From the purees, make soup (just add some chicken or veg stock), use as sauces on any other veggies or protein. I tend to make soups (just add water or stock to the purees), its filling, very satisfying.
No need to search for the thread. I added the Fun With Veggie Purees link to the first post of the Daily Chat thread and it is there EVERY DAY. Easy peasy. I added LOTS of links for recipe threads to that post to make it easier for all newcomers.
That is where to find all the info
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On a similar note, newcomers: A LOT of new threads are being started for things that are covered in stickies, the first post of the daily chat, or can easily be found with taking some time with the search function. Please look for answers before posting a question! Most have been asked/answered again & again & again! There is even a sticky about what to do before posting a question in a new thread.

scorbett1103
01-15-2013, 11:52 PM
scorbett:
hey lovely lady....what are your thoughts on using fresh orange zest??

1 tsp seems to have 2 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and technically since is has .5 carbs it would fall into the 0 carb.

1 tsp adds a lot of orange flavor naturally!!

just would love your opinion!!:hug:

Zest is fine, just treat it like a spice :)

What a day! Haven't stopped since 7am this morning :) Hubby had an appointment at the college today to get ready for graduation (His AA in Graphic Design), too many errands to count, then found out my brother in law's apartment's heat was broken. So I had him, my niece and nephew, and my other sister in law over for dinner and a little warmth, and made some extra for BIL's wife because I knew she'd been working all day. :) Had to go from cooking for 4 to cooking for 9! It all worked out, the kids had a blast hanging out, and my house is mostly recovered. I got a chance to try out a new yoga video tonight, LOVE it! Might become the new routine on non-running days.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday, almost over the hump! :)