General Diet Plans and Questions - Would like to find a buddy for support!!

oddberry
01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi guys, I have recently just joined this site and would love to find someone(s) to help keep me in check. I have about 60lbs to lose and last night I got mad. Mad at the fact that as strong and as determined a person that I am, I've let myself get to this point. I'm done! And I want someone(s) to be done with me. I have a long battle ahead of me and I have a great support system at home...but I need someone(s) who has struggled and will keep me as well as themselves in the fight. I'm not the Molly-Homemaker type; I'm honest but sincere and would love the same in return. I don't know how things work on this board yet but I'm fearless and not afraid to try. Will you help me??

:carrot:

nomorejellybeans
01-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Good luck to you :) I read a lot of posts (don't blog myself, can't seem to figure it out :) LOL! You'll find a lot of info on this site.

coffeeshopgirl
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I'll be your buddy oddberry - I could use a weight loss buddy too!

oddberry
01-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Lol, thanks @nomorejellybeans...they're a weakness for me too!!

And YaY!!! You've been added to the buddy list and now...to figure out how to contact you directly :)

I'm so excited!!! My plan is...to cut back on portions, drink tons of water, and get my daily 30 minute exercise in to begin with. What do you think?? Did I mention I'm excited!!!???

XLMuffnTop
01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Have you thought about what you're eating every day to make sure you're getting enough lean protein, fruits, veggies, etc? If I do smaller portions but still have certain foods, especially high/refined carbs, they lead to cravings and bringes. Good, healthy foods can really help you feel full longer, especially with increased water intake. What you eat is just as important as how much.

Many people like to count calories which is what I do.

Best of luck!

purplekitten7
01-15-2013, 11:57 AM
I'll be your buddy! We seem to be in a fairly similar situation

I'd love to have someone to check in with to keep me on track, and talk to about all the things other people just don't understand about the weight loss journey!

oddberry
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
@XLMuffinTop I am definitely taking WHAT I'm eating into consideration. I have done a lot of research and continue to educate myself because as a college student, I know you can never know too much. I appreciate the support and can't wait to become a healthier me!

@purplekitten7, you got it! And you're right, there are just some days and somethings other people just don't understand. Each person is different and it's tough to find people that relate to your story. Yes everyone has their own battles but some people deal with things easier and some tougher. I myself deal with things, well, differently! :0) We do have a lot in common it seems and having someone to share the burdens with and share in support is very important. At least for me. I made my mind up to make changes on Sunday. My 14th wedding anniversary was on Monday. My husband is very supportive and loves me unconditionally but he knows I want to do this and I HAVE to do this. My boys are 7 and 13 and I'm only 32. I was upset with myself for letting my body get to this point but now, I'm determined to change it. That's it. Done with it. Determined is where I am now. Would love to be your rock and vice versa in this battle. You in?? :0)

purplekitten7
01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm most definitely in!

My fiance is trying to be supportive, and I love the fact he tells me he still thinks I'm gorgeous/doesn't mind what I weigh but it's not terribly motivating to lose weight! I've told him he needs to kick my butt and make sure I don't slack off but I suspect he doesn't have it in him to give me "tough love" haha

oddberry
01-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Lol, well thankfully my husband does! But I also have the mentality of a marine...I almost joined out of high school! My husband asked me what my goal weight was and I told him 150...his exact words were 'OMG, that means you're going to lose your butt??!!' Now keep in mind we've been married for 14 years and this man loves me to no end...so this was a compliment but I let him know that would mean he would just have to hold on tighter this time. He was ok with that. :0)

purplekitten7
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I think my fella has realised this time is different to all the other times I've tried (and failed) to lose weight, I need to do it for me and so he's trying harder to be supportive. I think it all boils down to the fact he doesn't understand what its like. He's skinny, he's always been skinny - in fact he had to put on 2 stone while we've been together because he looked really really ill he was so skinny when we met (he'd just spent 3 years at uni on his own and apparently can't look after himself!), and he had to fight to put on each lb - seems to be the complete opposite of me!

oddberry
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Well of course, he's a man and men are made differently. Don't stress over it. He loves you and that's the important thing. I am so glad we found each other. We seem to have a lot in common. My husband isn't skinny but he's very supportive and loves me deeply.

I really wish I was disciplined enough to count calories but I have SO much going on I honestly don't have time to record every little thing so I'm trying to behave and cut back on portions as well as getting my workouts in first thing in the morning. I can't wait to find out what the scales and measurements say on Sunday!! I wonder if there is a way we can communicate outside of this forum? Private message thing or something connected to this maybe? I don't know...I'm still new and learning. What do you think??

purplekitten7
01-15-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm also new and don't really know how this forum works! I think I've added you to my buddy list so i *think* I could PM you, I'll give it a go!

oddberry
01-15-2013, 12:59 PM
lol, works for me...let me know what you figure out!

purplekitten7
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Ah, seems to be saying I don't have the privileges to PM anyone yet!

My official weigh in day is a Monday, but I'm picking up a new set of scales tonight (I'm paranoid my current ones aren't accurate - they're very very old) but I tend to hop on most days just to get an idea how its going! What exercise are you doing?

oddberry
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I have the Wii board that I use to weigh myself but I'm thinking I might start measuring over weighing. The scales usually just p*** me off. As far as working out...I just get up, turn my music on and go to town. It depends on how I'm feeling that morning honestly. This morning I did 30 minutes of hardcore cardio. It was nice and I felt like I had actually accomplished something afterwards. I miss that feeling. I'm up at 5am every morning and that's me time because if I dont' get it in then...I won't get it in at all. Kids, work, husband, and school work take over my life. I also LOVE kickboxing and lifting weights but I gotta get some of this fat off first before I get into that stuff hardcore. I think as long as I'm moving and watching what I eat, I should be able to stick to it. Naturally changing versus drastic changes seem to work better for me.

What about you??

purplekitten7
01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I've got an exercise bike which I try and use every other day (I don't always manage it) and a stepper machine thing which needs to be dusted off tbh, I've neglected to use it so far! I also have a Wii - been trying out Zumba on it, its pretty fun and I'm going to my first class tomorrow night - wish me luck I'm terrified! I'm gonna get into my routine with those for now, then join the gym when I start to get bored/plateau! I want to start everything at once but I don't want to overwhelm myself!

oddberry
01-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I joined myfitnesspal.com it seems promising. Zumba...always wanted to try it. Might have to see about getting a DVD for at home. Have you thought about MFP? It seems pretty straightforward and simple...

purplekitten7
01-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Tbh, I've seen it mentioned on here a lot but not sure what it is!!

oddberry
01-15-2013, 03:46 PM
It's a simple way of tracking calories/exc. etc. and it lets you add friends so that you can check them, they can check you and you keep each other on track. I've never done it but it looks promising...

coffeeshopgirl
01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
How's it going ladies?

What have we done for far for our weight loss this week?

I have stuck to my calories both Monday and Tuesday. I have a weight lifting session on Thursday, and I'm looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Remington90
01-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi guys, I have recently just joined this site and would love to find someone(s) to help keep me in check. I have about 60lbs to lose and last night I got mad. Mad at the fact that as strong and as determined a person that I am, I've let myself get to this point. I'm done! And I want someone(s) to be done with me. I have a long battle ahead of me and I have a great support system at home...but I need someone(s) who has struggled and will keep me as well as themselves in the fight. I'm not the Molly-Homemaker type; I'm honest but sincere and would love the same in return. I don't know how things work on this board yet but I'm fearless and not afraid to try. Will you help me??

:carrot:

I'll be your buddy oddberry - I could use a weight loss buddy too!

If you guys want one more I'd love to as well. I'm looking at 60 pounds also.

Coffeeshopgirl, where in michigan ?

Lacyt74
01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Me too, me too!!!!! Looking to lose 60. WW at home and wii fit. Really want wii Zumba.

oddberry
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Sure ladies...we can have our own kick @$$ group!! Is anyone on Myfitnesspal?? I did a solid 30 minute workout this week and did really good on my food today!! I'm pumped!!! how about you??

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 04:09 AM
I have kept to my calories but haven't managed a work out yet - life keeps getting in the way! But off to Zumba tonight so that should make me feel better! Still trying to settle into a routine, it was fine last week because I was on my own, but this week I'm looking after my nephew because my sisters gone back to work and my fiance has come to stay and it just seems to get pushed to the bottom of the pile! Any tips/advice?

oddberry
01-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Yep, make it a priority. Your health is just as important as making dinner and cleaning the bathroom. It's just as important as doing the laundry and watching your favorite show. you have to make it number one on the list or it will very easily get pushed to the bottom of the list. If you want to reduce stress and make things easier to deal with, get moving. If you have your nephew, get me involved. I'm up at 5am everyday just to get my workout in because I KNOW my schedule is nuts otherwise. This is my time...this is my reward. I'm alone and doing stuff for me!! you can do it...and I'll help!! :0)

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Thanks Oddberry, I'm gonna try extra hard for the rest of the week and see how I get on - will let you know! I think I'm gonna set up a schedule so I can plan everything around that!

oddberry
01-16-2013, 07:56 AM
I swear...you should sign up for MyFitnessPal...you can track everything you do and eat...as well as keep up with me and vice versa!!! Love it so far. I've worked out solid for 2 days now AND watched what I've eaten...I can already tell a difference. It's probably water weight but still, I'll take it. I can't wait until Sunday!!! I'm going to measure and weigh in...I'm excited. Especially since I can already tell a difference!

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 08:03 AM
I'll have a look at myfitnesspal later. I'm really good at keeping to my calories anyway, being super organised is helpful! I think I'll try and use that to my advantage to make time to exercise in the morning - if I prepare all my meals and snacks (and bf's too) the night before then I gain half an hour without having to get up any earlier! I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow!

Good luck for Sunday, have you got a number in mind?

oddberry
01-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Yeah hubby prepares my foods ahead of time for me so thats a blessing in itself. I'm not very good about keeping calories in check but MFP is helping keep me motivated to track! I want to be down 2lbs come Sunday! I'm shooting for 2. If I'm down more awesome...if less, I'm goig to have to rework some things. I'll definitely keep you posted and let you know how things are going.

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm shooting for 4lb by Monday, but I had a 6 last week so I won't be too disappointed if I level out a bit this week. (Btw new scales say the same as old scales - didn't need to buy them after all...)

I do all the cooking/food related things in our house (well 99% of them) lucky you!

oddberry
01-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Hmmm, 4lb might be a bit much so don't get too discouraged if you don't hit it just be glad for a loss. :0)

I am very lucky. My husband takes care of laundry, showers/baths, bedtime stories, homework, dinner, most of the cleaning, etc. I just have to focus on school. 2 more semesters and I'm done!! I am very lucky and I let him know it everyday. :0)

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm a bit of a housework addict - it's a good way for me to de-stress, tidy house = tidy mind :)

What are you studying?

oddberry
01-16-2013, 08:55 AM
I am too but I don't have a lot of time to clean...when I clean...I CLEAN!!!

I finished my AS in Multimedia Telecommunications in Dec '11 and went right into my BS for Digital Design and Animation. I'm working on having a 4.0 for both so school is a main priority right now but so is my health and I have to tackle it just like I do homework...head first!

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
That's a good mentality to have!

oddberry
01-16-2013, 09:26 AM
I am really all about this...I'm afraid I might be TOO enthusiastic and drive everyone away :(

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Why would you drive anyone away? I think it's great that you're so enthusiastic! It's a great motivator for others, and I know where I'll go when I need a pick-me-up!

I'm starting to obsess about stuff, which is ok atm (i.e. calorie counting, measuring portions, weighing myself) but I'm worried I might let it get too bad

oddberry
01-16-2013, 09:54 AM
No obsessing, just let it go naturally. If you stress, you're going to make your body hold on to the weight. Just go with the flow. Eat until right before you're full, drink plenty of water and break a sweat. don't make it tough on yourself...it's already tough enough!!

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Tbh it's obsessing rather than stressing! I think it's just the part of me that likes to be in control of stuff - I've felt out of control with my weight since...well, since I can remember so it's good to feel like I'm back in control!

I hope that since I'm aware of it, I can keep it in check! I'm glad I found 3FC though - I normally internalise all this worry which makes it 10x worse, it's nice having people who understand so thanks :)

oddberry
01-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Well obsession can be good and bad...just don't let it get out ofhand. I've been a 'thick' girl since my oldest was born. I've had two emergency c-sections so i don't think I'm the most attractive but eh, my hubby thinks I'm hot so...

Nope, don't internalize anything else anymore. If nothing else, ya got me in your corner...and let me tell ya, I'm a firecracker!!! :0)

purplekitten7
01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm very glad you're in my corner!

purplekitten7
01-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey, thought I'd check in and let you know how Zumba went!

I didn't chicken out, I didn't hide (right) at the back and I did manage to keep up :D it was brilliant fun so I'll be making it a regular thing. Yay to me!

Also, have decreased my weekly goal to 2lbs because TOM will most likely screw my numbers with water retention so I'll aim low this week and hopefully make it up next week!

How are you guys all getting on?

oddberry
01-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi, and good for you!!! I've done REALLY good as far as eating this week but then Mother Nature figured she would remind me that I'm a woman and well...I've still managed to eat really good but didn't workout yesterday...hurt too bad, but I'm going to tonight after dinner. Nothing too crazy but gotta get something in...I feel horrible for not working out. I'm weighing in on Sunday and measuring too so I'll let you know how it goes!! I'm going to get some cardio in tonight and then work on homework. The workout will help get my head right for all those papers I have to write. Have you signed up for MFP yet? I've become addicted to being motivating and supportive on the site. I'm a beast!!! Woot!!!

purplekitten7
01-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey, well done you staying OP with food! I have some 'fessing up to do :(
Yesterday, after a loooong week at work (with my boss trying to convince me to eat blueberry muffins he left near my desk - nice eh? I resisted though) me and the fella agreed we would get a Chinese in, I did my homework and checked out the calories and allowed for a small portion of this and that to go along side some home cooked veggies I fully intended to cook. Then coming home to snow covered everything I swept off the terrace and metal staircase which leads up to my flat (very dangerous when icy!) for a full 20-30 mins (quite good exercise I might add), the boyfriend went to get takeaway and I forgot to cook veggies. I then majorly binged on all the food and felt completely awful afterwards :( I still feel guilty but I'm back on the wagon today! So far I have successfully completely L1D1 of 30DS (was almost certain I would die) which made me feel a little better, and I've also just done 500 steps on aerobic step thingy and my food has been completely spot on, I'm also making sure I drink extra water to help with all that icky salt I ate yesterday.

So moral of the story - I am not yet ready to be sensible with take-out!

I am just about to sign up to MFP, whats you're username on it, I'll add you when it's sorted! And good luck with those papers, remember you're a beast!

oddberry
01-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Awwww. Well, I'm here for you and I completely understand about falling off the wagon. I did almost the same thing yesterday but halfway through eating, I asked myself why I was eating what I was eating (pizza pockets). I threw what was left away and then jogged for 20 minutes. I weighed myself yesterday and in 2 weeks I've lost 5lbs. It's a process but this time I'm not giving in on it. It's going to be tough and I know this but the one thing I learned about myself yesterday is that I'm serious about this. It's okay to feel guilty for a small time but you have to remember that the fact you are staying on top if it means you're fighting with inner demons. You'll win eventually, you just have to stick to it. Willpower and determination is key. I'm here for you and together we WILL do this.

My name is oddberry on there as well. It's been a great tool this past week and it's helped me to see that things actually can be changed. I am a beast...and I know this...but in the end you'll be one right along with me. :0)

Can't wait to add you on MFP. Hugs!! See you there!

purplekitten7
01-21-2013, 04:52 AM
Hey, thanks for the support! I suppose knowing that if I do fall off I can hop right back on again is reassuring - I'm not just gonna fall to pieces like last time and decide it means I can eat like crap for 2 weeks!

30DS is amazing, it kills me but in a good way- did L1D2 yesterday and it was a bit easier! (Only a tiny bit though) but then I managed to throw my back out getting out of the bath :( I've been laid up in bed barely able to move since then which SUCKS. I have all the energy to work out I just literally can't stand up! I can just about hobble to and from bathroom/kitchen (thank god I don't have stairs in my house) so I can fix a bit of healthy food/drinks but it really sucks :( I'm off work and BF has gone to work so I'm all alone for another...8 hours.

On the other hand I managed to hobble onto the scales this morning and I'm down 6lbs this week, so I'm obviously doing something right (and kicking my butt for the chinese must of paid off!)

oddberry
01-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Hey that's awesome!!! I don't mean about the back out part but the losing is really good!! good for you!! Whatever you're doing, you're doing something right. What is 30DS and L1D2?

I hope you feel better :(

Laura78
01-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Hey Ladies....I feel bad to intrude, but I would love to join the conversation. It seems we are similar heights/weights. I haven't officially weighed in yet as I haven't made that "leap" yet. Is there a particular day yet that you two will be weighing in?

purplekitten7
01-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi Laura78 - no need to feel bad, the more the merrier! I weigh in on a Monday just because that's the day I started really, I think oddberry weighs in on a Sunday, so whatever day you want to really! Good luck!

purplekitten7
01-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Oddberry - thanks, I hope I feel better too, managing to walk around a bit more today so fingers crossed. 30DS = 30 day shred, it's a work out dvd and its a bit savage! It's Jillian from the Biggest Loser USA, there are 3 levels which you're supposed to do for about 10 days each so L1D2 = level 1 day 2

oddberry
01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Laura78 and welcome!!! You are not in anyway intruding and we would love to have you along. We are similiar in goals and size right now and I'm glad you found us! I used to weigh in on Sunday but Saturday seems to be my go to date now. I know people who weigh in daily...I'm not going to torture myself like that. I am doing good, I am eating right, I haven't went over my calories in over a week now and I'm down 5lbs so whatever I'm doing...I'm doing right. Don't be afrait to take that first step but don't look at it as a negative thing. Don't look at it as a thing period! It's a choice. Just like what shirt to wear and what shoes to match. It's not THAT big of a deal but it will make a HUGE impact on your health. You are not in this alone

@purplekitten7, oh how I've missed our chats. Have you joind MFP (Myfitnesspal) yet? I highly HIGHLY recommend it. That is the only way I've not went over my calories in the past week or so. I'm not all gung-ho about eating nothing but lettuce but I am making better decisions about what I eat and how much of it I eat. I don't go crazy over calories but I do monitor them and I keep track of what I'm doing throughout the day. I drink a ton of water (90oz+) and it helps. I only drink one soda (diet) at dinner time and even that isn't appealing to me anymore. We can do this, we will do this!

You ladies feel free to message me or find me on MFP. I'm Oddberry there too! I have a fairly large following already but would love to create our own private group so we could help each other more closely. You are not alone in this...HUGS!!!!!

Ahhh, ok. Now I get it. It's been a tough week for me so far because I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and I havent' been able to work out like I wanted too but I have been staying on task with my food and still drinking plenty of water so at least that part of it is ok.

Laura78
01-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Hello Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA since I posted, but that's because today is my official start day. I weighed in at 227 pounds - so a few pounds less than I thought. I have a loooong way to go.

I am going to focus only on calories right now. I have joined MFP (well I joined years ago, but now I'm actually going to use it). After 3 weeks of calorie counting and making sure I'm comfortable with that, then I plan to add some exercise in. The thing is, usually I jump in and get obsessed with diet AND exercise and go crazy and get burnt out. So, baby steps. :)

oddberry - I'll add you now at MFP. How is your shoulder?

oddberry
01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm right there with ya Laura78 and that's exactly what I did. Now the hubby asks me how I'm doing on calories and doesn't ask anymore what I'm doing when I log my food in. It's essentially becoming second nature. Another thing I've noticed is that I don't want my food to look bad on my journal which helps me keep it in check. Right now I'm doing good with it which is awesome. My shoulder is still sore which sucks because I thought it was getting better. I was putting my hair up this morning and it hurt all over again. Dagnabbit! I'm going to take some time off from working out and just let it heal. I'm still going to keep up with my food and water though so that'll be good but I need my shoulder to be at 100%.

Laura78-I added you on MFP!!!

Laura78
01-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Oh, I didn't realize I could peruse other's food journals....that's great. I apparently have alot to learn about MFP :) I need to add some more friends I guess.....since you are now my only one!

Sorry about your shoulder, but I agree you should take it easy until it heals. No use in injuring it further.

My kids have a P.A. day today so we're all home trying to keep busy on my first day of eating less...hopefully I'm not too grumpy!

purplekitten7
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Hello again girls! I thought you'd both abandoned me ;)
Oddberry - Oh no, you're injured too? that sucks :(
I've been back at work since Tuesday but have developed an old granny shuffle everytime I stand up after sitting for more than 20 minutes (I'm only 22!) my back is still pretty sore but it's healing slowly! I've been minus exercise all week and my food has been pretty crappy tbh, been ok during the day and then generally had some form of takeout because by the time I get home I'm too tired and sore to cook! Which is very naughty and no excuse but it is what it is, I've tried to be good and haven't overdone it - eaten small portions of the healthiest options etc - I'm up 3lbs from last week (after losing 6lbs a week for the last 2 weeks) so I know I haven't done too bad, but it's still in the wrong direction :( hopefully this weekend I'll be up to some light exercise and get back on track!

I have set up MFP but to be honest...can't get into the habit of using it, I seem to find my own spreadsheet and calorie counting easier. I will give it another go though, starting Monday I think (I'll add you both)

oddberry
01-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Now I KNOW I added a post here...and it's gone. What in the...?? I don't know what happened to it.

anywho, Purplekitten7 I'd never abandon you and Laura78 so glad to have you on my buddy list on MFP. I'm addicted to logging into that place and everyone is so supportive. I ask questions and get responses back from everyone...it's so nice. My shoulder is better but I gained weight back from not being able to work out. I ran this morning for the first time in over a week and burned over 300 calories. It was so nice to be able to be active again. Keeping up with my food and doing what I need to do to stay on task is very important. My goal this week is to get up at 5am and do 30 minutes of cardio...any kind. I'll let you know how it goes. And purple...MFP!!!!!!!! :)

April showers
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Hello, can I join ur group also? I'm always looking for support where I can find it. I use MFP apri1showers is my username.

Laura78
01-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Morning Ladies! I feel like it's been a long week, but I also know the first week always goes sloooow like this. I got TOM this morning so I know that will slow my progress some, but I'm hoping I still show a loss. I have a church function tonight where I have to eat pizza, but I've tried to fit it into my daily calories, so we'll see how I do!

Hi April! I've sent you a friend request on MFP. Great to have you.

Oddberry - Wow, waking up at 5am to exercis is admirable. Good luck. I agree that MFP is great. I mainly love the tracking of calories, but the encouragement is great too :)

Purplekitten - How are you? How is your back feeling? I've had lower back problems since having kids and it isn't fun. Take care of yourself! Are you using MFP yet? :)

purplekitten7
01-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi girls, I have been really down and generally undone my hard work by eating crap and not exercising because of my back. But you know what, I've had enough of feeling sorry for myself. I'm giving myself a well deserved kick up the bum and sorting myself out. As of tomorrow I will be using MFP - username: purplekittenuk7 (add me because I can't figure out how to add you!) and will be doing some light exercise because I can manage some gentle walking etc and making excuses to say I can't is quite frankly pathetic!

April showers
01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Purplekitten- I have sent u a request. My diary is open also for people to look at so you can see what I eat. It's hard when u can't exercise like u want. Exercise not only helps with weight loss but also with emotional health so when u can't it can make u feel even more down. I bet just getting in a 10 min walk will make a big difference and u can build up each day to what ur back can handle. We all get frustrated, it's what we do with that that matters.
-Example I ate right and turned around and gain a little under a lb today. I used to say oh well might as well eat what I want if it doesn't matter if I eat right. Then I would binged and hurt myself more. But today I am going to keep eating right and get a good work out in and celebrate my off the scale accomplishment.
-we can do this, just look at today not yesterday or tomorrow. It's really just 1 day at a time. I know that's an AA thing but it works for any addiction or bad habit and ours is food.

purplekitten7
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks April, I've been a right mopey cow this week, I just looked back and thought - geez I'm pathetic! So what if my back hurts - I should have made more effort to eat right, I'm sure loads of fruit and veg would have made me feel waaay better than those 5 cookies! I think I just reverted to food = comfort, which it doesn't! and I'm smarter than that! So basically I'm just really angry at myself for regressing like that. I've accepted your invite, and have planned out tomorrows foods and am going to do this! I am stronger than this!

April showers
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
How's everything going ladies? I have been sticking to my calories or under. But I had some alcohol drinks and I am paying for it still 3 days later. Gained a total of 2 lbs even with exercise. It sucks that its effecting me this way. But just gotta keep going and not get discouraged.

purplekitten7
02-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Hey everyone, Sorry I've been absent for a while, been busy busy busy. Today is day 3 of being fully back on plan, I am managing my full exercise routine again (being careful of my back but it seems to be fully mended), I'm finding it much easy to stay right with my calories now I'm back to exercising as well. Had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and it's gradually moving down so I'm slowly undoing the damage of my two weeks AWOL! How are you guys all getting on?
April - that's a good attitude, sometimes life happens, I'm sure you'll shed those naughty alcohol lbs soon!

I was feeling guilty exercising when I'm looking after my nephew, his mum has just gone back to work after 6 years being a single stay at home mum, but I found a way around it - he joins in! He was so excited about joining in with my exercise dvd on Monday evening. He put me to shame with the jumping jacks (where do they get all their energy from?!) had a very good attempt doing some strength training (using the teeny tiny weights I started out using, and being very careful obviously), and then had a well deserved rest while I did abs work! I got an ace workout in, he had fun and he's enjoying being active, success all around! He even ate all his vegetables afterwards - good habits will be passed on!

Laura78
02-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I've had a fairly good week but have no idea what the scale will hold. I'm higher in my carb count than I would like (mostly thanks to the two fruits I eat per day). I'm not counting my carbs, persay, but on MFP it flashes red at me every day which makes me feel like that's something I need to work on.

I ordered a DVD called "Strong Knees" which has some exercises to help strengthen knees. My ultimate goal is to work on the C25K, but my bad knees just won't allow it right now.....so my initial goal is to do the DVD.

Purplekitten - It sounds like you had been struggling but you're back on track! Managing cravings is definitely a mental and not a physical thing. I'm a Christian, and this time every time I'm having a craving or feeling like a binge, I pray about it. It has worked wonders for me so far, but I know I'm early in the game. Great idea about exercising with your nephew - sounds like you are on a great path! :)

April - Sorry about the gain :hug: Are you maybe hanging onto some water weight? Hopefully it comes off quickly!

purplekitten7
02-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Laura - good luck with your knees! I love exercise dvds, never thought I would but it's just so easy to fit into my schedule - no traveling time, no weather problems, no other people to feel self conscious around! Also, I feel the same with MFP, never considered carbs before but when it flashes red I feel like a naughty school child or something!

Btw, my name is Becky - just realised I never said haha

April showers
02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Hello ladies,
I lost those alcohol lbs and another lb this week. Sticking to my diet and exercise routine. Work outb5 days a week and one of those days are with a trainer cause I suck at weights. Sometimes I think I am maybe not getting enough calories but I am to afraid to increase them to see what happens.
-My workouts pretty much consist of doing the elliptical for 60 min. My trainer said to much cardio could hurt me but idk.
-I think anything I get in is better than nothing just can't seem to get into the weights it's so boring.
-MFP I'm not sure where it gets its #'s, but I just try to watch the ratios of carb/fats/protein wheel that they have.

purplekitten7
02-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Good Evening lovely ladies!

April - well done on shifting those alcohol lbs, and one on top - good job!

I'm in a good mood (in case you couldn't tell), I just had another back physio session thing and been given the all clear basically, he wants to see me in a month but I seem to be back to full health - only downside is I have to take it easy tonight so no normal workout, just a gentle one :( Also, sneaked a look at my scale this morning - 225 so I'm back on track to my pre-AWOL weight - so I treated myself to some pampering stuff to make me feel good on the outside too :)

Life is good today :D

April showers
02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Ugh, it's Monday again :( what is everyone up to this week. Any plans for valentines day? My husband and I will be going to the gym when we get off work. And believe it or not that's all I want to do. I'm very determine for weight loss and don't want to break my routine that I have going! Have a good week.

purplekitten7
02-13-2013, 04:38 AM
My week has be CRAZY busy so far, work has been completely mental - so stressful, but I've managed to not turn to food to destress - exercise has become my new comfort! Yesterday was the worst day, and I got home and wanted nothing more than to curl up in my bed and go to sleep BUT I fought through it and did 30DS and felt FAB after, I managed to do every single one of the jumping jacks (which you may not understand if you haven't done it but they are SAVAGE) and managed to get through all of the circuits so I'm really proud of myself!

I think a valentines day date to the gym sounds awesome - I haven't sorted my gym membership yet but I plan to do my work out with my fiance and then cook him his favourite dinner (I've already worked out a healthier version for me) and probably just cuddle up and watch a movie.

Hope everyone is having a good week