Ideal Protein Diet - What are you eating today, Monday, January 14th?

IdealProteinNewbie
01-14-2013, 06:30 AM
Breakfast:
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Lunch:
Chocolate Shake
Subway salad (lettuce, spinach, pickles, peppers, oil)

Snack:
"Salted Caramel Pudding" (Dark Chocolate Pudding with 1 tablespoon Walden Farms Caramel Syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt)

Dinner:
Lettuce and fresh baby spinach leaves with grilled chicken and homemade mustard vinaigrette dressing

GeauxTigers82
01-14-2013, 07:01 AM
Breakfast: coffee with a splash of vanilla rtd, IP peanut butter bar

Lunch: IP rotini with wf tomato and basil sauce, 2 c sautéed cabbage

Dinner: Big Mac in a bowl, 2 c sautéed cabbage

Snack: chocolate rtd

WorldTraveleronIP
01-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Breakfast: chocolate drink with decaf coffee
Lunch: salad with veggies (1 tsp evoo and sea alt) + broccoli cheese soup
Snack: vanilla crispy square
Dinner: turkey burger wrapped in cabbage leaf with mustard and a side veggie

Desafinado
01-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Choco rtd with decaf coffee

cukes and romaine with sea salt, tomato and herb soup with broccoli

cappucino pkt with decaf coffee

tilapia, mushroom, peppers, lettuce, cukes

mpstaton
01-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Proti-Diet vanilla shake
Lettuce salad and vegies (cauli, broc, mushrooms)
Proti-Diet chocolate shake
Salmon w/cauliflower mash
Proti-Diet bar

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't know what to eat!! I ordered IP products 9 days ago and haven't received them yet! Now I have to figure out how to stay as close to OP as I can but without my "space packs" (as my DH calls them)!! Does anyone have any suggestions??

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't know what to eat!! I ordered IP products 9 days ago and haven't received them yet! Now I have to figure out how to stay as close to OP as I can but without my "space packs" (as my DH calls them)!! Does anyone have any suggestions??
This is a cross-post. You got lots of good suggestions on the other thread where you posted.

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
This is a cross-post. You got lots of good suggestions on the other thread where you posted.

Haha! I know..I just wanted to get as many suggestions as possible! LOL. I will be stopping at GNC today to see what i can find.:D

LizRR
01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Phase 4

Breakfast@8am: Spinach Smoothie
Optimal Solutions Protein Powder
Spinach
2 cups Coffee
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk

Lunch@12pm: Cafeteria Special
Chicken Breast
Pinto Beans
Pico de Gallo & Salsa

Snack@4pm: Cucumber-Lemon Milkshake
EAS Carb Control Vanilla
Cucumber
Lemon Juice
Stevia

Bodypump@5:30-6:30

Dinner@7pm: Meat & Veggies
Pork Loin
Red Cabbage
Marinade: Thai Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Chili Powder, S&P

Dessert@9pm:
Pure Protein Revolution Bar

LizRR
01-14-2013, 10:06 AM

Grab a few packs of EAS Carb Control, Spinach, Cucumbers, Lemons, Stevia and have a day of Spinach Smoothies & Milkshakes! Love them even in P4!

Starshine
01-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Phase 4

Breakfast@8am: Spinach Smoothie
Optimal Solutions Protein Powder
Spinach
2 cups Coffee
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk

Lunch@12pm:
Chicken Breast
Black Beans
Pico de Gallo

Snack@4pm: Cucumber-Lemon Milkshake
EAS Carb Control Vanilla
Cucumber
Lemon Juice
Stevia

Bootcamp@5:30-6:30

Dinner@7pm:
??

Oooh, I've been wondering if anyone does a spinach/green smoothie for breakfast in Phase 4. I love them in Phase 1, and used to do them before, so I'd love to continue them in Phase 4.

And I love seeing the black beans too! I'm really looking forward to eating beans again. :)

Thanks, Liz!

blessedamberly
01-14-2013, 10:13 AM
B-Choc. crispy cereal pancake w/1c. zucchini
L- Choc. shake w/spinach
D-Turkey Burger w sauteed mushrooms
S-White Cheddar crisps

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Grab a few packs of EAS Carb Control, Spinach, Cucumbers, Lemons, Stevia and have a day of Spinach Smoothies & Milkshakes! Love them even in P4!

Thanks Liz!! I think I have everything on the list except I'll need more EAS drinks! That will be my plan for tomorrow if I don't get my package today!

BTW...you are my inspiration! I started out close to the same weight, with the same goal, roughly the same age and I'm an engineer too! (Well, an application engineer but still...) Seeing how you are maintaining is one of the reasons that I chose to try this program! I am planning on doing Tough mudder in August and I need to drop at least 20 lbs before then but I was concerned about losing muscle. Seeing how active you are shows that this is the right plan for me! Thanks!!!:hug:

LizRR
01-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Oooh, I've been wondering if anyone does a spinach/green smoothie for breakfast in Phase 4. I love them in Phase 1, and used to do them before, so I'd love to continue them in Phase 4.

And I love seeing the black beans too! I'm really looking forward to eating beans again. :)

Thanks, Liz!

I swing between the P3 and Spinach Smoothies for breakfast, I am having a lighter day today and forgot to prep my lunch so the chicken, beans, & pico mix are a good option at the caf. Still want some complex carbs early today since i plan on the gym & probably sneak in a few miles since i skipped my morning 5-mile run (20 degrees...too cold!!!).

Starshine
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
I swing between the P3 and Spinach Smoothies for breakfast, I am having a lighter day today and forgot to prep my lunch so the chicken, beans, & pico mix are a good option at the caf. Still want some complex carbs early today since i plan on the gym & probably sneak in a few miles since i skipped my morning 5-mile run (20 degrees...too cold!!!).

Thanks, Liz. I'll be making your P3 breakfasts once I hit P3. :) I have to work on how to incorporate the beans into my diet.

Wow, 20 degrees down in your area! Way too cold!!! We were at 14 degrees here in Santa Fe this morning, and I can't get my fingers to stay warm when I'm out for my before dawn walks, when it's that cold or colder, like it's been. So I feel your pain. Hope you get your run in later!

LizRR
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks Liz!! I think I have everything on the list except I'll need more EAS drinks! That will be my plan for tomorrow if I don't get my package today!

BTW...you are my inspiration! I started out close to the same weight, with the same goal, roughly the same age and I'm an engineer too! (Well, an application engineer but still...) Seeing how you are maintaining is one of the reasons that I chose to try this program! I am planning on doing Tough mudder in August and I need to drop at least 20 lbs before then but I was concerned about losing muscle. Seeing how active you are shows that this is the right plan for me! Thanks!!!:hug:

You are definitely going to rock the Mudder! Remember It is typical to lose some lean mass, i had a 3lb fat:1lb lean ratio which seems average. But I was able to jump right back into exercise and was immediately able to run faster &my longer, lift the same weights pre-IP, and perform WAaaY better in gym classes (bootcamp, step, zumba, etc).

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Right, I know I will lose some muscle but I like that this plan is intended to keep as much as possible. I love my bootcamp and kickboxing classes and I can't wait to get back to them and be able to do so much more without this weight holding me down!

PamC
01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
B chocolate pudding
L tomato basil soup w/2 oz chopped lobster and a little hot sauce. I'm pretending it's lobster bisque. I have a good imagination. Salad w/raw cauliflower. :D
S double chocolate bar
D turkey mock marsala....turkey cutlets sauteed with mushrooms and beef broth, reduced to a sauce and served over spinach. small salad.

chicagoboiler
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
B: EAS Chocolate shake + cup of iced coffee (put in the fridge overnight)
L: EAS Carb Control Strawberry shake (I'm obsessed with this find since it reminds me of strawberry Nesquik) and 1c cucumbers and 1c celery
Snack: Chocolate Soy Puffs
Dinner: Sliced grilled chicken strips with 2c celery and WF blue cheese dressing and Franks Buffalo sauce for dipping.

bubbleblower
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
B: Hot EAS chocolate shake w/ espresso
L: Romaine salad w/cukes, radishes, WF blue cheese dressing; IP chicken soup w/ collard greens (extremely filling but not particularly good :barf: )
D: Grilled filet mignon w/ steamed baby broccoli
S: Undecided, but probably a Syntrax Nectar shake

Suzali
01-14-2013, 02:11 PM
B IP Capucino prepared with coffee
L Romaine, cucumbers, orange peppers, mushrooms and WF Honey Dijon Dressing, IP Chicken Noodle soup
D Chicken and turnip soup
S IP Vinegar chips

KLD81230
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Phase 1: Day 45

{workout - boot camp, 6am}

B: Syntrax Nectar Choco Truffle mixed with coffee

{workout - group circuit training, 9am}

L: Salad with EVOO, ACV, Braggs, cucumbers, green pepper
Chocolate pudding with WF caramel dip

D: Gardein Chick'n strips sauteed with celery, zucchini, EVOO, Braggs, WF BBQ sauce (or this might change to the chick'n strips over cauliflower rice)

S: Strawberry EAS RTD... probably... we'll see...

mquinn106
01-14-2013, 03:40 PM
I am planning on doing Tough mudder in August and I need to drop at least 20 lbs before then but I was concerned about losing muscle. Seeing how active you are shows that this is the right plan for me! Thanks!!!:hug:

Are you doing Tough Mudder New England in VT? I did it last year, prepare for those hills!!! Worst part hands down! Good luck!:carrot:

scorbett1103
01-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Mrskuby - good luck on the Tough Mudder! I know someone who did it the year it was in Plymouth MA years ago - it's intense!!! I haven't worked up the courage do to the big challenge races, figured I'd start with a milder 5K and work my way up from there :)

Running day

Breakfast: Balanced Protein veggie omelet with 1 egg + 1 egg white, 1 cup spinach & 1 Tbsp veggie shreds cheddar, coffee w/2oz pure protein vanilla shake

Post-run: Syntrax nectar Strawberry kiwi drink

Lunch: Green veggie soup, Balanced Protein Rich Chocolate Caramel bar

Dinner: bunless turkey burger, lettuce salad, grilled asparagus

Snack: Peppermint mocha (Cocomint Creme mix in coffee)

SweetShe
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Breakfast: IP Fine Herb Omelette

Lunch: IP Tomato basil soup and 2 cups steamed veggies mixed with lettuce and WF italian dressing

Dinner: 8 oz chicken breast (baked with Franks red hot and smokey paprika) and 1.5 cups brussel sprouts. Romaine lettuce with WF creamy bacon

Snack: IP Choco Puffs....oh yum!

starsandrockets
01-14-2013, 07:03 PM
B: Proti-Diet Honey Soy cereal
L: IP broccoli cheese soup, spinach and mushrooms
S: IP strawberry banana drink
D: Chicken, spinach, peppers, celery
S: IP dill pickle zippers

speterson
01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
My lemon pepper seasoning say 0 cal, 0 sugar, 0 carbs..but sugar is listed on the bottle. IS it safe/////im new ...:carrot:

scorbett1103
01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
My lemon pepper seasoning say 0 cal, 0 sugar, 0 carbs..but sugar is listed on the bottle. IS it safe/////im new ...:carrot:

Legally, a product can say 0 carbs if it has less than 1g carb per serving. You can use it, but very carefully. Measure your serving size, and keep track of how often you use "extras" like that. Those partial carbs can add up fast! I limit myself to six servings of any extras in a day.

rainbowsmiles
01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
:cofdate:
Brekkie: Mocha Frappucino: Jay Robb Chocolate made with Cold Coffee
Lunch: Lemon Basil Cauliflower Fritters with Red Curry Dipping Sauce,
Proti-Diet Honey Almond Square, Mango Peppermint Tea
Supper: Greek Salad: Lettuce, Tomato, Bell Peppers, Red Onion, 1 TBSP Feta Cheese, 1 TBSP shaved parmesan, 1 Dill Pickle, 1/3 IP Raspberry Jelly with 2 tbsp SF whip cream
Snack: Proti-Diet Grape Drink