Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday, January 14, 2013

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 05:47 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

sonyainva
01-14-2013, 06:24 AM
Almost done with Tom, mine only last 36 hours or so. Drinking a lot of water. Have my WI on wednesday and I want to try to reach goal soon. Plan is to try and do the IP boot camp again

rissimo
01-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot longer than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Glad to see so many new faces!!

candowilldo
01-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while. I begin my new journey tomorrow using alternatives. I'm hoping to have the same success as the members here. I'm not using a coach so I will be using the info and advice from all of you. Just to check a restricted is 8 carbs or over. Day 1 here I come!!

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot long than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Rainbow was recently asking me what happened to you. Welcome back!

auroragrl
01-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Good morning everyone - I'm snuggled under a blanket in the recliner as I type this - it's cold here and this girlie is slow to get moving. I need some sunshine to get me motivated.

Have a great day!

rissimo
01-14-2013, 07:48 AM

Thank you. I learned a BIG lesson the past couple of months. I believe my head and heart are both back in the place they need to be for me to get back on track and lose the rest of the weight. I could really kick myself in the butt for letting it go this far, I was almost to goal.

rissimo
01-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while. I begin my new journey tomorrow using alternatives. I'm hoping to have the same success as the members here. I'm not using a coach so I will be using the info and advice from all of you. Just to check a restricted is 8 carbs or over. Day 1 here I come!!

If I'm not mistaken, it is anything over 8 carbs.

Nolawhodatchick
01-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning everyone!

This is a day when I need ya'll to tell me have faith in the plan. I already know it but just need to hear it today. My official WI was yesterday, and I am +2.8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water retention but if so wow that's a lot of water, and not TOM. And I've been faithfully 100% OP. As I haven't seen a loss over 1.8 lbs in the last 5 WIs, I've been weighing and measuring everything, cutting out crystal light and gum just in case, etc... Plus I've started losing a lot of hair as of last week. This is the week I was going to start the alternative protocol but now I'm not sure as I'm guessing it will bump the scale up again. I just can't bear to change my ticker yet. I was so proud to be under 150 and now I have to add almost 3lbs. Ugh. Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I am very greatful for my losses, just need some encouragement.

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 07:57 AM

I searched for the answer for you
It was in the Alternative thread, which I bumped
8 net carbs or over is restricted

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Thank you. I learned a BIG lesson the past couple of months. I believe my head and heart are both back in the place they need to be for me to get back on track and lose the rest of the weight. I could really kick myself in the butt for letting it go this far, I was almost to goal.

Rissimo, I'm relatively new here but I wanted to say welcome back! I just had one night that I allowed my self to go off plan and then the next day I found myself thinking "what diff will it make if I'm off plan again today?" but I stopped those thoughts. My point is that I can see how easy it would be to slide down that slippery slope! Again, welcome back!!! You can do it!!! :)

Nolawhodatchick
01-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!!
Good to see you back!

Good luck with the alternatives, you will do great. Ask all the questions you need, some of the folks here know so much about alternatives, they are a gold mine of information.

Almost done with Tom, mine only last 36 hours or so. Drinking a lot of water. Have my WI on wednesday and I want to try to reach goal soon. Plan is to try and do the IP boot camp again

Sonya, you are doing so great! Congrats!

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning everyone!

This is a day when I need ya'll to tell me have faith in the plan. I already know it but just need to hear it today. My official WI was yesterday, and I am +2.8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water retention but if so wow that's a lot of water, and not TOM. And I've been faithfully 100% OP. As I haven't seen a loss over 1.8 lbs in the last 5 WIs, I've been weighing and measuring everything, cutting out crystal light and gum just in case, etc... Plus I've started losing a lot of ohair as of last week. This is the week I was going to start the alternative protocol but now I'm not sure as I'm guessing it will bump the scale up again. I just can't bear to change my ticker yet. I was so proud to be under 150 and now I have to add almost 3lbs. Ugh. Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I am very greatful for my losses, just need some encouragement.

It was just a fluctuation. Have you been exercising? Sick? Anything else that would cause inflammation?

Trust the plan. It got you under 150. It might be slower on the alt plan (for newcomers, NOT alternative products but the alternative plan for diabetics). Remember why you are choosing it. You want to feel good!

Stay off the scale til next Sunday and trust.

mompattie
01-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot longer than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Glad to see you back Ris!!!! Vet was looking for you last week as well! Ouve been missed!!!

Good morning everyone!

This is a day when I need ya'll to tell me have faith in the plan. I already know it but just need to hear it today. My official WI was yesterday, and I am +2.8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water retention but if so wow that's a lot of water, and not TOM. And I've been faithfully 100% OP. As I haven't seen a loss over 1.8 lbs in the last 5 WIs, I've been weighing and measuring everything, cutting out crystal light and gum just in case, etc... Plus I've started losing a lot of hair as of last week. This is the week I was going to start the alternative protocol but now I'm not sure as I'm guessing it will bump the scale up again. I just can't bear to change my ticker yet. I was so proud to be under 150 and now I have to add almost 3lbs. Ugh. Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I am very greatful for my losses, just need some encouragement.

Oh Nola!! :hug::hug::hug: that blasted scale!!!!!! Any inches gone?? Clothes fitting better or looser?? We KNOW there is more to this than the scale. That blasted damn scale!!! It sure reeks havoc with our emotions though.

That's happened to me this am as well. Up 1.8. Been 100% faithfully!!! Official WI is tonight but evening WIs are always higher so I'm not hopeful. But I AM NOT CHANGING my ticker! And what else are we going I do? Stop? I know that it's working and probably my body is bucking the changes so hanging in to something inside. I will push past this, and so will you. With a smile on my face. Cause I feel great! I have energy! I feel in control! Next week maybe the whoosh fairy will come to US! Have a good day and remember don't let a number define you. We are more than a number on a scale. :hug::hug:

Chloe222
01-14-2013, 08:03 AM

Cando,
Welcome! Restricted is 8 carbs plus. So 7 is that magic number! It's great when you find something you really like and it has 7 g or less of carbs.

Watch all the little things that add up; in my world at least (not everyone's), i.e., each packet of Splenda counts as 1 carb, each serving of WF counts as 1 carb - if you are being really strict, as LizRR was. Her coach said not to have more than 6 of these extras/day and I try to do that. Technically, these little extras don't have 1 full carb, but they have something and add up. I also don't have a coach and have found all the people here to be just wonderful.

Rissimo,
Welcome back! A few of us have fallen off and have come back. I gained 15-16 pounds over 4 months, now in week 2. I also dropped my goal to allow for a bigger buffer in maintenance, so have roughly 20 pounds to go.

usmcvet
01-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Whooo Hoooo!

One of my girlfriends is back. :hug: I responded to your last post, there was a beautiful photo of one Rainbow from around election day. Anyway. I was out of it for a while too. You've got this girl! :D

sonyainva
01-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone!

Morning Nola,

Ok girlie, stop fretting over the scale. We have all done it. I really doubt you ate 9,800 extra calories this week, which is what would make you gain 2.8 pounds.

Please explain, have you lost a total of 1.8 pounds PER week in the last 5 weeks or 1.8 pound every week.

If it's every week, you are doing fine.

Biotin is great for hair loss, would not recommend rogaine.

maezy1
01-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Rissimo and Cando so glad that you are back OP!

NOLA dont you dare change that ticker!!! Your real weight is not above 150. Your body is adjusting to the weight loss that you have had. I gained weight the day I decided to start alternatives as well. I started anyway and all went well. Many, many ((((hugs))))) coming your way!!! Have I told you how WONDERFUL you look in your pictures!!!!! Keep looking at those pics and see the TRUE YOU!

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone!! I am really frustrated this morning. I ordered IP products from Ebay 9 days ago and still haven't received my stuff!! The seller had a ton of great reviews, and they are supposedly located in California, and the prices were good ($24/box w/free shipping). Once I placed my order, I received the tracking number for Canada post! So my package arrived at JFK airport and now I have no idea where it is or when I will get it! I am down to my last couple of packages!

So I guess I have to try to stay as close to OP as I can with regular food... I plan on having a couple of eggs w/2 cups of veggies for lunch. I have picked up some EAS drink so I know I can use those as snacks. If my package doesn't arrive today, I will prolly have to eat left overs from my dinner (lean protein/low carb veggies) for lunch tomorrow.

I am so kicking myself right now!!! I should have known better than to order from Ebay!!!

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 08:50 AM
rissimo- welcome back!

nola- I agree with Sonya, there is no way you gained 2.8 lbs in fat. Hang in there, next weeks weigh in will be better.

mrskuby- order from plainprotein.com. They have excellent service, but you will pay $27 per box and a low shipping cost.

WI this mornig with a loss of .4 lbs during TOM. I'll take it!!

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 08:53 AM
rissimo- welcome back!

nola- I agree with Sonya, there is no way you gained 2.8 lbs in fat. Hang in there, next weeks weigh in will be better.

mrskuby- order from plainprotein.com. They have excellent service, but you will pay $27 per box and a low shipping cost.

WI this mornig with a loss of .4 lbs during TOM. I'll take it!!

Yeah, but what do I do right now?:?:

PS Great job on a loss even with TOM!! Gotta love it!!

bubbleblower
01-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone!! I am really frustrated this morning. I ordered IP products from Ebay 9 days ago and still haven't received my stuff!! The seller had a ton of great reviews, and they are supposedly located in California, and the prices were good ($24/box w/free shipping). Once I placed my order, I received the tracking number for Canada post! So my package arrived at JFK airport and now I have no idea where it is or when I will get it! I am down to my last couple of packages!

So I guess I have to try to stay as close to OP as I can with regular food... I plan on having a couple of eggs w/2 cups of veggies for lunch. I have picked up some EAS drink so I know I can use those as snacks. If my package doesn't arrive today, I will prolly have to eat left overs from my dinner (lean protein/low carb veggies) for lunch tomorrow.

I am so kicking myself right now!!! I should have known better than to order from Ebay!!!

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

From personal experience shipping Ebay items from the US to Canada I can tell you it can be very time consuming. It's not a problem with ordering from Ebay per se, but rather due to the custom requirements for the international shipping. Even shipping something as simple as a camera lens can take weeks. And don't get me started about the burdensome paperwork requirements! :lol:

From a seller's standpoint, I now state it very clearly on all of my auctions that I won't even ship outside the continental US. It's just not worth all the frustrations on both sides of the equation - both sellers and buyers!

All of that said, I hope you receive your products soon. It does sound like the seller shipped the items in a timely manner. He/she really has no control over the customs requirements.

ETA: Can you pick up some alternate products in the meantime? Shakes that are close to the IP shakes, Egg Beaters, etc.?

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 08:56 AM

Pick up some EAS Advantage ready to drinks to hold you over until your shipment comes in. You can also try some of the alternative bars from the alternatives thread. There are things you can pick up at the local grocery or pharmacy.

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Syntrax nectar from GNC, more EAS shakes, Pure Protein (Walmart?), read the Alternative thread b/c people get items at Trader Joes and Costco too. You won't have the selection, it'll be mostly shakes & bars, but you'll have SOMETHING.

Also check and see if any of the health food stores (not natural food) in your town sell foods for bariatric patients. There you'll get all the alternatives people talk about (Weight loss systems, ProtiDiet, etc). They would have the puddings & soups and stuff

Are you not going to a coach? Nashua nutrition does a great job of getting the orders to you in a couple of days.

SweetShe
01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I am on Day 10...and got my TOM about a week early. I know that there are a lot of hormones being released, ect but has this happened to anyone else? And please tell me it goes back to being regular!

Good thing is, I could tell I was a little bloated yesterday but still able to fit into my "too tight" jeans!

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 09:17 AM
I am on Day 10...and got my TOM about a week early. I know that there are a lot of hormones being released, ect but has this happened to anyone else? And please tell me it goes back to being regular!

Good thing is, I could tell I was a little bloated yesterday but still able to fit into my "too tight" jeans!

TOM is all messed up for me too. Sometimes early, this latest one was 3 weeks late, and sometimes exactly on time.

I don't expect it to get back to normal until phasing out.

SweetShe
01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
TOM is all messed up for me too. Sometimes early, this latest one was 3 weeks late, and sometimes exactly on time.

I don't expect it to get back to normal until phasing out.

thanks for responding...that doesn't sound fun...but it's not forever so I'll deal!

sahmmommy2
01-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone!

Nolawhodatchick! YOU CAN DO IT. I know you're feeling a bit discouraged, try not to stress about it. Stress only makes it worse.

I don't mean to be nosey, but are you close to menopause? I know someone who is transitioning into it and she was also loosing her hair towards the end of the diet. If you think you might have anything hormonal going on, maybe you need to check in with your doctor. Here's a little snippet I found from an online clinic regarding female issues and IP:

Temporary Hair Loss
While this temporary condition only occurs in a relatively small percentage females, it can be very traumatic if the woman does not understand what is happening here. Any sudden change in certain hormone levels can "stun" the hair follicle (these are very sensitive to hormones) and sort of sends it into a period of 'hibernation'. This temporary state of 'dormancy' may last up to nine months but, more often than not, usually resolves within six months. Moreover it only affects the hairs that are in the Telogen Phase (or final stage) of the hair growth cycle and are in the process of eventually falling out. The new hair shaft that will replace the old hair is temporarily thwarted in its development. This phenomenon is known as 'Telogen Effluvium' and is TOTALLY REVERSIBLE (unlike male pattern baldness, known as 'Androgenic Alopecia', which is permanent). The latter condition also has a hormonal cause: high levels of the testosterone metabolite DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which actually 'kills' the hair follicle. The condition of Telogen Effluvium may also occur during pregnancy or more commonly at post-partum. Again during pregnancy and right after delivery, the mother's hormonal balance changes significantly. This is why OB/GYNs employing the Ideal Protein Protocol in the practices never get concerned about this..it is relatively common in obstetrics. There is good news for the 'new mothers' and the Ideal Protein dieters experiencing this condition. Your new hair will be thicker, shinier and healthier when it comes in. Why? Hair is made of protein, primarily keratin. During pregnancy much of the mother's nutrition is used to "make a baby grow' so there might not be enough protein to keep the rest of her body in optimal repair. Similarly many of our dieters have had poor eating habits, commonly too many carbohydrates and not enough protein. Now with the adequate amount of these nutrients, she will not only love her 'new figure' but will also see positive changes in her hair, skin, and nails! Finally, Dr. Tran developed this diet over 20 years ago, If we caused women to lose their hair we would have not remained in business all of these years!

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I was under the impression that most of the alternative products were items that folks order online...so I will be stopping at GNC on my way home today. I actually live in NH and Nashuanutrition is located in Nashua NH...unfortunately it is over an hour from my house so not at all convenient for me to go pick up stuff! I've looked at some bars at Walmart but they all seem to have a ton of sugar/fat. I'm off to peruse the alternative thread for items I can buy locally! Thanks again!

lboogs311
01-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Morning...I have not been on here in quite some time. Getting back on track is so hard which honestly doesn't make sense when I know the plan works...ugh. Anyways, I am back and 100% OP mind, body and soul. Just finished week 1 and unfortunately, TOM is lurking ... all I can hope for is a bigger loss next week. I have been stuck around 200lbs for a year now and granted I haven't been on IP, I hope that my body can move past this. I tried Paleo, but honestly, the only thing that works for me is IP. Grateful to have this site for support!

lboogs311
01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Oh, Mrskuby, I use Pure Protein bars-the peanut butter chocolate or choc/choc only (their others have too many carbs/sugar) and also the EAS Carb Control RTD's...you can get those anywhere, Walmart, Target etc. Hope that helps!

fam4me
01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Welcome back! It's good to see you again....you can do this!

[QUOTE=candowilldo;4589394]Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while. I begin my new journey tomorrow using alternatives. I'm hoping to have the same success as the members here. I'm not using a coach so I will be using the info and advice from all of you. Just to check a restricted is 8 carbs or over. Day 1 here I come!!

:welcome::welcome:

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Oh, Mrskuby, I use Pure Protein bars-the peanut butter chocolate or choc/choc only (their others have too many carbs/sugar) and also the EAS Carb Control RTD's...you can get those anywhere, Walmart, Target etc. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the suggestion! And welcome back! :D

Chloe222
01-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Mrskuby,
There have been a fair number of highly successful IP'ers who have only bought their food from Walmart, so know you can absolutely do this. It's all about determination.

All,
Just had a carbquik pancake for breakfast, made with 1 egg white, along with WF pancake syrup. Have been feeling ill, not down and out with the flu, but on the ragged edge. So had a larger breakfast today as I ate very little the past 2 days. The pancake was easy and filling. (I use alternatives,m, so new folks using IP, this is a substitute for the IP pancake and its the low carb version of Bisquick.) BTW, have to say that the IP pancake is more tasty than this one.

sahmmommy2
01-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Week #15 WI = -8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally making up for being sick the last couple weeks! I am now within 20lbs of my goal, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

The sun is shining here, it's a great week to be OP!

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Week #15 WI = -8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally making up for being sick the last couple weeks! I am now within 20lbs of my goal, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

WOW!!! Congrats on the awesome weigh in.

I love the new avatar pic.

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 10:33 AM

Mandy!! That is unbelieveable!!!! Soo happy for you! I can't believe you lost so much being that close to goal!! :carrot::cb::bravo::cp::hat::dancer::twirly::yes:: cheer3::cheer2::congrat:

sahmmommy2
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Found this online and thought I would share. Thought it had some pretty good information in it and I've seen several of these topics popping up recently:

http://www.erichsenwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/FEMALE__ISSUES__AND__THE__IDEAL__PROTEIN__DIET.pdf

Granted, this is online, but if you are having some issues, it might be the encouragement you need to see your doctor. Or, it might comfort you to know that these issues are out there and you are not alone.

usmcvet
01-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I was under the impression that most of the alternative products were items that folks order online...so I will be stopping at GNC on my way home today. I actually live in NH and Nashuanutrition is located in Nashua NH...unfortunately it is over an hour from my house so not at all convenient for me to go pick up stuff! I've looked at some bars at Walmart but they all seem to have a ton of sugar/fat. I'm off to peruse the alternative thread for items I can buy locally! Thanks again!

They have free shipping at Nashua I think it kicks in at fifty bucks. I get my order here in VT with in a day or so, well worth it for you an hour away. The gas alone would be too much!

So it is almost eleven and I've been busy but have not gotten much work done with the door and phone ringing and meetings. So instead of eating something because I am stressed I am venting here to you. Stay OP and have a good day. I am going to. This works if you work it. My focus needs more focus. I want to be below 300 for my trip to St. Martin on February 8th! I need to keep my goals in mind so that I meet them.

Chloe222
01-14-2013, 11:51 AM

Wow, nice loss! Does that reflect just 1 week? Keep up the good work!

mpstaton
01-14-2013, 11:59 AM
mrskuby - I live in southern Massachusetts and have ordered twice from Nashua. Both orders delivered the very next day. Free shipping is at $99. They had a holiday special at $49 for free shipping, but that is done now. My last order was just last week....ordered the 9th...received the 10th around 2 pm.

Chloe222
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Morning...I have not been on here in quite some time. Getting back on track is so hard which honestly doesn't make sense when I know the plan works...ugh. Anyways, I am back and 100% OP mind, body and soul. Just finished week 1 and unfortunately, TOM is lurking ... all I can hope for is a bigger loss next week. I have been stuck around 200lbs for a year now and granted I haven't been on IP, I hope that my body can move past this. I tried Paleo, but honestly, the only thing that works for me is IP. Grateful to have this site for support!

Congratulations on coming back to what you know works for you. Looking forward to having you join us and watching your success!

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 12:12 PM
mrskuby - I live in southern Massachusetts and have ordered twice from Nashua. Both orders delivered the very next day. Free shipping is at $99. They had a holiday special at $49 for free shipping, but that is done now. My last order was just last week....ordered the 9th...received the 10th around 2 pm.

Wow!! I hadn't tried Nashua yet just because I was concerned about trying to figure out the plan. I was just using IP products to simplify things. But now I'll have to rethink it. From what i understand Protidiet is the same as IP?? Is that correct?

rainbowsmiles
01-14-2013, 12:17 PM

OOOO HAPPY DAY!!!!! RISSIMO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

gf....we ALL TOTALLY UNDERSTAND...welcome back to the family!!! YOU WERE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!

kileymed13
01-14-2013, 12:32 PM

Congrats on the WI!!! That is a great number :carrot:. The end is in sight now.

Patty17
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM

You inspired me last year when I started IP! Especially, when money got tight and you helped me with alternative products.
Looking forward to losing the weight and then some using alternatives again. If there is a list of alternatives out there, that would be great.

MonicaKolesnik
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Welcome back!!! We missed you around here!! :hug: now that you are back to 100% you will be moving back towards your goal in no time!!!

Good morning everyone!

Have faith!!! I was up 2.2 lbs for the last 4 days then whoosh it all came off and another 1lb of fat gone. The scale sucks, is wrong lots of the time, it does not matter if it is your home scale or official clinic scale, don't get discouraged, do what you need to to keep motivated and be 100% and the weight will come off

Glad to see you back Ris!!!! Vet was looking for you last week as well! Ouve been missed!!!

Oh Nola!! :hug::hug::hug: that blasted scale!!!!!! Any inches gone?? Clothes fitting better or looser?? We KNOW there is more to this than the scale. That blasted damn scale!!! It sure reeks havoc with our emotions though.

That's happened to me this am as well. Up 1.8. Been 100% faithfully!!! Official WI is tonight but evening WIs are always higher so I'm not hopeful. But I AM NOT CHANGING my ticker! And what else are we going I do? Stop? I know that it's working and probably my body is bucking the changes so hanging in to something inside. I will push past this, and so will you. With a smile on my face. Cause I feel great! I have energy! I feel in control! Next week maybe the whoosh fairy will come to US! Have a good day and remember don't let a number define you. We are more than a number on a scale. :hug::hug:
Like! Like! Like!

So glad we have so many coming back to share in this journey with us. Regardless of the past you are here and ready to commit 100% and we are here with you!!

Love your new pic!!!! You look great and so happy!!!

mompattie
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM

Whoot whoot!!!!! Awesome WI!!!!!!!!

my31rewards
01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Excited to start my 2nd Week! I made it through the weekend without cheating!! I was hungrier yesterday becasue I was bored to so I had a 4th packet and a couple of pickles for snacks. I will need to make sure I'm getting all my water on the weekends too.

MonicaKolesnik
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
I have been finding it no problem to stay 100% OP over the last 4 1/2 months but I do think I am in a bit of a rut when it comes to using the same core 4 types of vegetables. It's not that I am not open to new types it is that I am unsure how to make them fit and have found a comfort zone to know how to use these vegetables for the meals I need and how long they take and have my house/kitchen set up to use them. Does anyone have any vegetable discoveries they have made and used that are new since IP? Info is always greatly appreciated? Going to try to be more adventurous.

PamC
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM

Wow! Congrats! Did you do anything different this week do you think? That's an unusually large loss. Very exciting! :carrot:

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Wow!! I hadn't tried Nashua yet just because I was concerned about trying to figure out the plan. I was just using IP products to simplify things. But now I'll have to rethink it. From what i understand Protidiet is the same as IP?? Is that correct?

It isn't the same as IP. It is similiar, but not just repackaged IP if that's what you heard.

I have been finding it no problem to stay 100% OP over the last 4 1/2 months but I do think I am in a bit of a rut when it comes to using the same core 4 types of vegetables. It's not that I am not open to new types it is that I am unsure how to make them fit and have found a comfort zone to know how to use these vegetables for the meals I need and how long they take and have my house/kitchen set up to use them. Does anyone have any vegetable discoveries they have made and used that are new since IP? Info is always greatly appreciated? Going to try to be more adventurous.

Try making a roasted vegetable medley. You can chop up a bunch of different veggies and toss with sea salt and evoo, then roast in the oven. I did this after having it at a restaurant and it got me out of my cauliflower rut. My favorite combo is zuchini, crook neck squash, cauli & peppers.

If you make a huge batch, you can puree the leftovers for soup.

LosingLawyer
01-14-2013, 12:59 PM

I think you can pretty much roast any vegetable and it will turn out amazing. I typically roast cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash, peppers (red, yellow, green), mushrooms, brussel sprouts,etc. Just toss in olive oil, add your favorite spices (salt + pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, etc.) and roast anywhere from 400 - 450 degrees until they are done.

Rutabega is something that I discovered on this diet. I have roasted them in small cubes or done them as fries (usually with salt/pepper/onion powder). Delicious.

Kale chips are another favorite.

We grill a lot, so grilled peppers, grilled green onions, etc. are great.

Sauteed green beans in olive oil with garlic is another favorite of mine.

I also like to make a roasted veggie salad for something different (just roast whatever veggies you like and add to a salad).

There are so many recipes for cauliflower as well - cauliflower mash, rice, hummus, etc. It's pretty versatile.

mrskuby
01-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Over the weekend I made both chili and beef stew and I added eggplant. It got mushy and kinda disappeared into the broth but I know it's in there and I get the nutrients and fiber. DH didn't even mind it at all! i am also addicted to Lizrr's mushroom puree in place of gravy! Both me and DH love it! I will def be using it even in phase 4!

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Over the weekend I made both chili and beef stew and I added eggplant. It got mushy and kinda disappeared into the broth but I know it's in there and I get the nutrients and fiber. DH didn't even mind it at all! i am also addicted to Lizrr's mushroom puree in place of gravy! Both me and DH love it! I will def be using it even in phase 4!

I agree on the gravy puree. I hate mushrooms, but love this puree used as gravy.

Desafinado
01-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Is Muscle Milk light chocolate a comparable alternative to the IP chocolate RTD? I ask because I have some leftover in the fridge and wondered if I should/could drink them this week.

Desafinado
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Also, my first weigh in on Sunday is smackdab in the middle of my TOM. Should I start preparing myself for disappointment?

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Also, my first weigh in on Sunday is smackdab in the middle of my TOM. Should I start preparing myself for disappointment?

It should still be a good weight in.

I just did a quick check on nutrition values for muscle milk light and the one I checked had 15g of sugar. That's really high for a non-restricted. I wouldn't use it.

tnvolzgurl
01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
I have had the brochure from my Dr.'s office for months now on this program. The holidays came and went and I kept on eating. I am locked in to the meeting in February and excited for the new way life. I have dieted off and on with Atkins for years. I actually trained for a 5k and lost almost 40 lbs to years ago. I have gained it all back plus 10. I am ready.

Desafinado
01-14-2013, 02:10 PM

I just did a quick check on nutrition values for muscle milk light and the one I checked had 15g of sugar. That's really high for a non-restricted. I wouldn't use it.

OK, I'll give them to my mom when she comes up this weekend.

Bella73123
01-14-2013, 02:48 PM

WOW!!! That is amazing! I guess you won't be keeping me company after all LOL! Good job! :D

fam4me
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM

Rutabagas are my new favorite. I love roasting veggies in the oven In big batches to have on hand....rutabagas, mushrooms, peppers, cauliflower, and zucchini are staples for me.

byugrl
01-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Hello all !!

It's not officially WI day for me but I jumped on the scale this morning!( I know I shouldn't be a daily weigher). I am in the 120s !! Yaaaaaa!!

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Great WI and beeuuteeful new avatar pic!

i've been big on stir fry lately. Celery, Bok Choy, Red Bell peppers (for color), mushrooms, leeks, broccoli. Stir fry in a bit of oil. I add Braggs amiono acids as the soy sauce & then season it to taste (Old Bay, Garlic Pepper, whatever else strikes my fancy). I usually add a bit of chicken broth, too. I can make a big pan full and it lasts several days/meals.

WOW!!! That is amazing! I guess you won't be keeping me company after all LOL! Good job! :D
And another pic update :) cute!

avh1284
01-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi all, this is my first post here. I have been on IP alternatives for almost 7 weeks. I have been stalled for almost 2 weeks and I can't seem to figure out what is going on. I am on program, no cheating, not having my period, not constipated, none of the usual reasons. I am down 18 pounds but the scale has stopped moving.....any thoughts????? Thanks!

MonicaKolesnik
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am going to have to buy Rutabagas and try to roast more veggies.

Desafinado
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi all, this is my first post here. I have been on IP alternatives for almost 7 weeks. I have been stalled for almost 2 weeks and I can't seem to figure out what is going on. I am on program, no cheating, not having my period, not constipated, none of the usual reasons. I am down 18 pounds but the scale has stopped moving.....any thoughts????? Thanks!

I'm a newbie too, but will throw this out there: are you losing inches? If you are, then celebrate that and stay on plan!

*note to self: remember this inches v. pounds thing when you hit a no loss week.

tobehealthy
01-14-2013, 04:28 PM
I have never had a rutabega, and I don't even know what one looks like, but I must admit that reading this forum today really made me want to try it!

ragdoll74
01-14-2013, 04:48 PM

Are you still measuring everything and drinking all your water? Another thing that can cause stalls is not getting the daily allowance of oil.

If you are having any 0/0/0 extras you might want to cut some of them out.

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Define "stall". Is it just that the scale quit moving? Are you still losing inches? Are your clothes fitting differently?

Usually a stall or plateau would be defined as a few weeks of no movement in weight or measurements.
Have you been sick lately?

rainbowsmiles
01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
bella......adorable beautiful bella.....your new photo on your motorcycle just made me smile and smile and smile!!

YOU ARE STUNNING!!!!

sahmmommy2
01-14-2013, 05:40 PM
WOW!!! That is amazing! I guess you won't be keeping me company after all LOL! Good job! :D I'm still there with you! I was just sick the last couple of weeks and my body is making up for it. I'll be back to normal this week, I'm sure:D

A1Texan
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Hello Everyone. I'm still here and cooking up a storm...LOL Loving roasting veggies in oven. Tonight I'm using my Actifry to make Buffalo Wings. Life is good and got a clean bill of health from my Dr. today. Going back in a month for more blood work to make sure he can take me off my cholesterol medication. Then I'll be Med's free for the first time in my life. :carrot:

StarSeeker
01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
:carrot:

Good news and bad:

Good news:
Down 4 pounds and 5 inches
DH is down 7.2 lbs and 5.5 inches

Bad news:
I have to have a routing (that is actually good) Colonoscopy tomorrow. I have been on clear lix since 10am and I am tired and starving and I start the TNT drink now. I will be good friends with the white fixture in my bathroom all night and all am. Test is not until noon tomorrow. UGH! I want food!!!

But, I am happy about my WL!!!

StarSeeker
01-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Ahahahahah, the wrong icon showed in previous post. oops!:dizzy:

staceyjblack
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Hello friends!!!

I've been MIA for a while, but I wanted to pop in say hi and have a place to hold myself accountable as I am back on plan to lose about 15 pounds I have gained over the past 8 months. I'm going to go 100% alternative this go round as my budget is super tight and I don't think it will take too long to lose this added weight. I started last tuesday and have my first weigh in tomorrow.

Just wanted to say hi and I am excited to be back! Can't wait to catch up on everyone else's progress :)

Hgamroth
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Welcome back!!!! You were a big inspiration to me when I started so it is wonderful to see you back!!!

Halfagain
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Are you not going to a coach? Nashua nutrition does a great job of getting the orders to you in a couple of days.
Nashua takes exactly a week to get to me in Washington State. I am sure it's not them or their packing but the slow/ground shipping (and me not paying for expedited shipping). Lucky you that are closer! :hug:

On another thread I told the story - but DH wanted one of my bars. I would part with one but when he asked for seconds I refused to share another, thinking about a week long journey of a new bar shipment. LOL next time I order, I'll get him his own box! (or two).

OOOO HAPPY DAY!!!!! RISSIMO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

gf....we ALL TOTALLY UNDERSTAND...welcome back to the family!!! YOU WERE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!
What Rainbow said!! WELCOME BACK RISSIMO!

sahmmommy2
01-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks Lisa!

Just curious, what sort of flavor does the braggs amino acid give? Is that similar to soy sauce? I've never used it and curious!

mompattie
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Here's what daily weighing can do to your psyche:

Fri am: 257
Sat am: 260
Sun am: 260
Mon am: 260
Mon before supper: 260
Mon after supper: 263.5

LE sigh. This is why you can't let this bug you!!! It's just a flippity flip flippin scale!!!! :D:p

scorbett1103
01-14-2013, 07:35 PM
So much to catch up on! I love staying busy but I miss reading up on everyone's day!!!

Hello Everyone. I'm still here and cooking up a storm...LOL Loving roasting veggies in oven. Tonight I'm using my Actifry to make Buffalo Wings. Life is good and got a clean bill of health from my Dr. today. Going back in a month for more blood work to make sure he can take me off my cholesterol medication. Then I'll be Med's free for the first time in my life. :carrot:

Great news!!! And look at you, you aren't allowed to say you can't cook anymore :)

:carrot:

Bad news:
I have to have a routing (that is actually good) Colonoscopy tomorrow. I have been on clear lix since 10am and I am tired and starving and I start the TNT drink now. I will be good friends with the white fixture in my bathroom all night and all am. Test is not until noon tomorrow. UGH! I want food!!!

But, I am happy about my WL!!!

Ugh - good luck on your scope!

Is Muscle Milk light chocolate a comparable alternative to the IP chocolate RTD? I ask because I have some leftover in the fridge and wondered if I should/could drink them this week.

The powder is too high in carbs, but the Ready to Drink has 160 calories, 10g carbs/4g dietary fiber and 20g protein. That is fine to use.

All,
Just had a carbquik pancake for breakfast, made with 1 egg white, along with WF pancake syrup. Have been feeling ill, not down and out with the flu, but on the ragged edge. So had a larger breakfast today as I ate very little the past 2 days. The pancake was easy and filling. (I use alternatives,m, so new folks using IP, this is a substitute for the IP pancake and its the low carb version of Bisquick.) BTW, have to say that the IP pancake is more tasty than this one.

Carbquik is actually NOT comparable to IP's pancake/crepe mix. There isn't nearly enough protein in it (6g per 1/3 cup, so you would have to eat almost a full cup of the mix (about 5 pancakes) to get the equivalent protein in the IP packet. That would then put you over 200 calories as well. I know a few people do choose to use it - it's not IP legal but if you choose to still use it don't treat it as a packet replacement but an "extra".

Good Morning IPeeps,

I remember you from when I first started in the summer - welcome back!!!

Wal Mart, CVS and Walgreens all carry products in their Diet aisle that can be IP legal. Just check the labels of everything and look for this info:

Under 200 calories per serving
Less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat and multiply by 3 - if it's lower than the total calories in the serving you're good).
Carb count (to determine restricted vs unrestricted)
Protein content - at least 12g protein per serving

scorbett1103
01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks Lisa!

Just curious, what sort of flavor does the braggs amino acid give? Is that similar to soy sauce? I've never used it and curious!

Braggs is a lot like soy sauce - I find it to be a little saltier so I just adjust the seasonings when I use it.

Breezy414
01-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I have never had a rutabega, and I don't even know what one looks like, but I must admit that reading this forum today really made me want to try it!

Had my first rutabaga because of this site! I had to google what they looked like because I didnt know either! haah:lol: I really enjoyed the rutabaga fries recipe. Had them with a Big Mac in a bowl :love:

whytokay
01-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Evenin' everybody!

getting a little worried... I have been coughing today at work and continuing here at home. Usually when I feel like I'm about to get sick I kill some orange juice with extra pulp to get some vitamin C! I don't really believe in emergen-c's power, but are there any other recommendations to help avoid a full-on cold? Vitamin C supplements? Would it affect the protocol? Thanks in advanced for the help.

whytokay
01-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Had my first rutabaga because of this site! I had to google what they looked like because I didnt know either! haah:lol: I really enjoyed the rutabaga fries recipe. Had them with a Big Mac in a bowl :love:

I did this too the first time I have big mac in a bowl and OH MY... a very filling meal. It was a struggle to eat everything (knowing that I HAD to)... Now I eat my rutabagas separately by themselves. They are definitely a favorite but I guess high in carbs so I have to force myself to limit them.

Pampamleanne
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I found this site by accident and hope it will help to motivate me :) I have lost 43 bls on my own by counting calories using on my Kindle Fire the Lose It program. I found out this past year I have Rheumatoid arthritis and hurt my knee so exercise is limited. Any suggestions on when you hit a weight and you just can not get past that 5 bls back and forth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 08:07 PM
I found this site by accident and hope it will help to motivate me :) I have lost 43 bls on my own by counting calories using on my Kindle Fire the Lose It program. I found out this past year I have Rheumatoid arthritis and hurt my knee so exercise is limited. Any suggestions on when you hit a weight and you just can not get past that 5 bls back and forth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

So, are you DOING Ideal Protein now?

WyoGirl82
01-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Can anyone tell me how to make the kale chips? I've heard great things about them!

kaylae24
01-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Today was day #2 on IP my first day was GREAT but today was much different! Today was the day I had to say NO!!! I had to say no to my co-worker who went to get Chinese food, to both the cookies I gave my daughter, I even wanted to eat the amazing looking cheeseburger that was on the foam plate packet (I got a kick out of that one haha) today was also the day I learned how strong I am! I want this diet to work for me I am too young to be this fat! Hopefully tomorrow I will be just as strong! :D

rissimo
01-14-2013, 08:17 PM
You inspired me last year when I started IP! Especially, when money got tight and you helped me with alternative products.
Looking forward to losing the weight and then some using alternatives again. If there is a list of alternatives out there, that would be great.

Thank you...working on the list. I had it all ready and tried posting it today and my computer wouldn't let me, so I was going to do it tonight and my computer crashed and it deleted. So I am retyping it and should have it within the next couple days.

Disco chick
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone

After "lurking" for almost 9 weeks I've decided to get on board :) I'm a little nervous as it's the first time I've done anything like this...

You all have been an inspiration to me and kept me away from the fridge reading your interesting posts!

Thank you

bubbleblower
01-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Today was day #2 on IP my first day was GREAT but today was much different! Today was the day I had to say NO!!! I had to say no to my co-worker who went to get Chinese food, to both the cookies I gave my daughter, I even wanted to eat the amazing looking cheeseburger that was on the foam plate packet (I got a kick out of that one haha) today was also the day I learned how strong I am! I want this diet to work for me I am too young to be this fat! Hopefully tomorrow I will be just as strong! :D

That's how you do it! One day at a time! They do add up!! :broc:

whytokay
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone

After "lurking" for almost 9 weeks I've decided to get on board :) I'm a little nervous as it's the first time I've done anything like this...

You all have been an inspiration to me and kept me away from the fridge reading your interesting posts!

Thank you

Welcome from behind the curtains! Good luck!

That's how it's done.. day by day with small victories! good job!

1LittleStar
01-14-2013, 08:27 PM

Me too! Luckily, the produce at our store is labelled. Also had leeks for the first time. Not a big fan of onions in general, but they were good in the sauce I made to go over rotini. I'm trying to incorporate a new veggie every week or so. There are so many on the list I've never even heard of. Unfortunately, I live in a small town with limited produce. But there are things there I never knew about. Hoping to find jiccama soon!

Isn't that a great feeling. There is a lot of power in making the choices that you want. And you're only on day 2! After a few more days, the cravings and the hunger go away, and it is that much easier to make those choices. I started IP towards the end of November, made it through all the temptations of the holiday, and love this feeling of power. Even at other's houses, restaurants, etc. Congrats on your great day!

A1Texan
01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Great news!!! And look at you, you aren't allowed to say you can't cook anymore :)

I'm not sure what I'm doing would be considered cooking but I'll take it :) With IP I'm finding it very easy to prepare healthy food. I just throw everything in my Actifry, add my olive oil, push a button, set my timer and go watch TV until the buzzer sounds. I eat out everyday at lunch so that's it for me. Thanks for all the support...!!!

rissimo
01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Can anyone tell me how to make the kale chips? I've heard great things about them!

Sure, remove the stem from the leaves, break up into pieces, toss in olive oil, but not too much, bake in the oven at 350 for 8-10 min or unitl crispy, when removed from oven season with whatever seasoning you wish.

Thank you everyone for the Welcome backs......I really missed everyone....And I am so happy to be back!!!!

Disco chick
01-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Welcome from behind the curtains! Good luck!

That's how it's done.. day by day with small victories! good job!

Thanks, i am currently on week two of phase two.. And struggling with the extra protein :-(

If I was to use protein powder as a substitute would that be ok? Or any other suggestions please :dizzy:

Willi
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am going to have to buy Rutabagas and try to roast more veggies.

Have you tried jicama? Can you get that in the wild west?

jensyd
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
So I hope this posts correctly! Yesterday I tried a quick post and lost it.

I love the inspiration from everyone here. I am on day 5 OP probably. I mean probably because I have two questions, and I've read the first two posts on ideal protein. I'm an educator and a rule follower...

Is the Onion viniagrette that goes with the Panera spinach power salad on program?

I still have two protein packs left for today. I have two extra packs a day until my weight goes down. Anyway, it's 10 until 8, and I plan to have 1, but is it awful to not have the other one? Work got busy today.

Thanks for the advice and inspiration.

kaylae24
01-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Me too! Luckily, the produce at our store is labelled. Also had leeks for the first time. Not a big fan of onions in general, but they were good in the sauce I made to go over rotini. I'm trying to incorporate a new veggie every week or so. There are so many on the list I've never even heard of. Unfortunately, I live in a small town with limited produce. But there are things there I never knew about. Hoping to find jiccama soon!

Isn't that a great feeling. There is a lot of power in making the choices that you want. And you're only on day 2! After a few more days, the cravings and the hunger go away, and it is that much easier to make those choices. I started IP towards the end of November, made it through all the temptations of the holiday, and love this feeling of power. Even at other's houses, restaurants, etc. Congrats on your great day!

Thank you so much for the encouragement I definitely needed it today it definitely felt GREAT to say no to all the things I had been saying yes to! I definitely look up to you for saying no to all of those holiday goodies! I really don't know if I would have been as strong! I hope it continues to get easier like you said! I definitely felt a little accomplished because I didn't think I could do it but I proved myself wrong! :carrot:

scorbett1103
01-14-2013, 08:57 PM
So I hope this posts correctly! Yesterday I tried a quick post and lost it.

I love the inspiration from everyone here. I am on day 5 OP probably. I mean probably because I have two questions, and I've read the first two posts on ideal protein. I'm an educator and a rule follower...

Is the Onion viniagrette that goes with the Panera spinach power salad on program?

I still have two protein packs left for today. I have two extra packs a day until my weight goes down. Anyway, it's 10 until 8, and I plan to have 1, but is it awful to not have the other one? Work got busy today.

Thanks for the advice and inspiration.

No - very few commercial and restaurant salad dressings are going to be IP legal - they either use Balsamic vinaigrette (which is not allowed) or sugar in the non-creamy dressings. According to the Panera website there are 8g sugar in the Onion vinaigrette - my guess is that it comes from Balsamic. You are always better off just getting some olive oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon wedges and top your salad with that and some salt. Or bring your own dressing!

Are you on four packets or five? I know some coaches put people on more than 3 packets, but I can tell you from personal experience that I used 3 packets per day from day 1 and never had an issue with my losses. It will not be the end of the world if you miss one of five packets today.

scorbett1103
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM

Truer words could not be spoken. It's all about who is driving your decisions - you, or the food. It's always a victory when you stay firmly behind the wheel :) congrats Kaylae!

WyoGirl82
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Sure, remove the stem from the leaves, break up into pieces, toss in olive oil, but not too much, bake in the oven at 350 for 8-10 min or unitl crispy, when removed from oven season with whatever seasoning you wish.

Thank you everyone for the Welcome backs......I really missed everyone....And I am so happy to be back!!!!

Thanks so much! Going to give those a try. Welcome back and good luck on a fresh new start!!:D

Chloe222
01-14-2013, 09:00 PM
So much to catch up on! I love staying busy but I miss reading up on everyone's day!!!

Carbquik is actually NOT comparable to IP's pancake/crepe mix. There isn't nearly enough protein in it (6g per 1/3 cup, so you would have to eat almost a full cup of the mix (about 5 pancakes) to get the equivalent protein in the IP packet. That would then put you over 200 calories as well. I know a few people do choose to use it - it's not IP legal but if you choose to still use it don't treat it as a packet replacement but an "extra".

Hi Scorbett,
You have the carbquik stats right and for the pancake, I add 1 egg white which increases the protein by 4g, could add 2 and that makes it just about equivalent to an IP typical breakfast packet. I only added 1 since my breakfast also includes a protein shake (used as creamer in my 3 cups of coffee).

Thank you though for the comment. We have so many newbies here that I don't want them confused or led astray. :hug:

MonicaKolesnik
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Have you tried jicama? Can you get that in the wild west?

Lol yes I have tried Jicama it is one of my staple veggies on IP, I had it tonight as fries. Thanks for the suggestion though cause anyone who has not tried it should :D

scorbett1103
01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi Scorbett,
You have the carbquik stats right and for the pancake, I add 1 egg white which increases the protein by 4g, could add 2 and that makes it just about equivalent to an IP typical breakfast packet. I only added 1 since my breakfast also includes a protein shake (used as creamer in my 3 cups of coffee).

Thank you though for the comment. We have so many newbies here that I don't want them confused or led astray. :hug:

:) :hug::hug:

jensyd
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
No - very few commercial and restaurant salad dressings are going to be IP legal - they either use Balsamic vinaigrette (which is not allowed) or sugar in the non-creamy dressings. According to the Panera website there are 8g sugar in the Onion vinaigrette - my guess is that it comes from Balsamic. You are always better off just getting some olive oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon wedges and top your salad with that and some salt. Or bring your own dressing!

Are you on four packets or five? I know some coaches put people on more than 3 packets, but I can tell you from personal experience that I used 3 packets per day from day 1 and never had an issue with my losses. It will not be the end of the world if you miss one of five packets today.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll skip the extra packet and follow your ideas for salad dressings. I'm actually on 5 packets, but I"m going to ask my coach how quickly I can drop at least 1. I like some of the IP products, but finding 5 a day without only 1 restricted could be a challenge.

auroragrl
01-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Congratulations to everyone who had a loss - and to everyone else - keep on keeping on! You are healthier today than you were yesterday! HOORAY!!!!

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I'll skip the extra packet and follow your ideas for salad dressings. I'm actually on 5 packets, but I"m going to ask my coach how quickly I can drop at least 1. I like some of the IP products, but finding 5 a day without only 1 restricted could be a challenge.
Hey! I just noticed you're in St Louis. My coach starts some folks on 3-5 depending on starting weight, to maintain lean mass. She started me on 3 with an option for a 4th. I only use the 4th when I've been extra active.

1LittleStar
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much for the encouragement I definitely needed it today it definitely felt GREAT to say no to all the things I had been saying yes to! I definitely look up to you for saying no to all of those holiday goodies! I really don't know if I would have been as strong! I hope it continues to get easier like you said! I definitely felt a little accomplished because I didn't think I could do it but I proved myself wrong! :carrot:

You're welcome. And you definetely could and will be as strong! I so didn't believe in myself, that I only set my goal as a 60lbs loss. I NEVER thought that this would be possible, but here I am 8 weeks later, feeling fantastic, and considering possibilities that weren't there such a short time ago. Congrats again on your accomplishment!

Lol yes I have tried Jicama it is one of my staple veggies on IP, I had it tonight as fries. Thanks for the suggestion though cause anyone who has not tried it should :D

I have to find jicama! That sounds so good as fries. Maybe I'll have to ask if they can order it in...

jensyd
01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Hey! I just noticed you're in St Louis. My coach starts some folks on 3-5 depending on starting weight, to maintain lean mass. She started me on 3 with an option for a 4th. I only use the 4th when I've been extra active.

Yes, I am from Chesterfield, and I was happy to see there was someone else from here. I have my first weigh in on Wednesday, and I'll ask the coach about making one of the packets optional. Somedays are just too busy!

De11s
01-14-2013, 09:33 PM

WOW!!! That's amazing, great job!:D

Bellamack
01-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Ditto

and I am right back on the wagon finally. welcome back :)

De11s
01-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Hello all !!

It's not officially WI day for me but I jumped on the scale this morning!( I know I shouldn't be a daily weigher). I am in the 120s !! Yaaaaaa!!

Congratulations! That's Awesome! Keep up the good work!:carrot:

Bellamack
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM

ummmmmmmm... I drink Muscle Milk light every morning and I just ran out to look at the box and mine is 0, yes ZERO, not sure what Muscle Milk Light you are looking at. I get mine at Sam's Club. Phewwwww, you gave me a heart attach. lol

mompattie
01-14-2013, 10:00 PM

WHERE on earth do you find Hic-a-mama in Sask????

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Yes, I am from Chesterfield, and I was happy to see there was someone else from here. I have my first weigh in on Wednesday, and I'll ask the coach about making one of the packets optional. Somedays are just too busy!
is your clinic in Chesterfield?
I'm in Ballwin. We're neighbors!

LizRR
01-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Well folks, I woke up this morning at 5am and decided to skip my 5-mile run as it was 20-degrees and that is just way too cold for this Texas Girl! I did an evening Bodypump class instead to 'make up for it', there's a new release so it was fun to do a different workout. I am meeting up with my regular running group tomorrow for my 6.5 mile run, hopefully it warms up to at least 30!

Welcome to all the newbies and stick with it - yes, the first few days stink...remember it, because if you cheat you have to go through it All.Over.Again! I am trying to digest the entire daily in one bite and there are so many updates, congrats, and howdy's!!!

Rissimo is back!!! Yeah!!!! Good to see you pretty lady.

A1Texan...that is excellent news about both your cooking and getting off of meds. That is great news and another powerful example of how IP truly changes our lives and improves our health.

MonicaKolesnik
01-14-2013, 10:43 PM
You're welcome. And you definetely could and will be as strong! I so didn't believe in myself, that I only set my goal as a 60lbs loss. I NEVER thought that this would be possible, but here I am 8 weeks later, feeling fantastic, and considering possibilities that weren't there such a short time ago. Congrats again on your accomplishment!

I have to find jicama! That sounds so good as fries. Maybe I'll have to ask if they can order it in...

WHERE on earth do you find Hic-a-mama in Sask????

Superstore that is where I can always find them, I think I regularly clear them out so that I am stocked because I live and hour away. So if anyone can't find any in Saskatoon it might be my fault;)

mompattie
01-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Superstore that is where I can always find them, I think I regularly clear them out so that I am stocked because I live and hour away. So if anyone can't find any in Saskatoon it might be my fault;)

OK. LE sigh. Guess I'll have to brave stupid store to find Hic a mama!!!! Thanks for telling me!

A1Texan
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Topping off the night with vanilla smoothy with WF caramel syrup. Yummmm!

Goodnight all :)

IP43
01-14-2013, 11:27 PM

Ditto to you -- If you find it in Ontario let me know. A friend of mine brought me one from Oshawa I think. It was a BIG one so I made fries, "cinnamon apples", ... it was "Jicama-fest" at my house for a few days. Now to find another one....

Breezy414
01-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Topping off the night with vanilla smoothy with WF caramel syrup. Yummmm!

Goodnight all :)

How do you make a smoothie!?!?! :drool:

A1Texan
01-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Ice and a RTD vanilla. Put in a blender :)

LosingLawyer
01-15-2013, 12:44 AM

I started out even higher than you and have done 4 packets from the beginning. I never dropped the 4th packet because I work out 5 or 6 days a week.

Well folks, I woke up this morning at 5am and decided to skip my 5-mile run as it was 20-degrees and that is just way too cold for this Texas Girl! I did an evening Bodypump class instead to 'make up for it', there's a new release so it was fun to do a different workout. I am meeting up with my regular running group tomorrow for my 6.5 mile run, hopefully it warms up to at least 30!.

My gym just got body pump 84. I've done it twice (Saturday and tonight). The music sucks compared to the last couple of releases, but man that Biceps track is killer!

Ditto to you -- If you find it in Ontario let me know. A friend of mine brought me one from Oshawa I think. It was a BIG one so I made fries, "cinnamon apples", ... it was "Jicama-fest" at my house for a few days. Now to find another one....

Living in Southern California, it boggles my mind to think that you can't get something like jicama. I would ship you some (and any other "exotic" veggies you can't find up there) but I'm not sure they would make it through customs. :D