PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support - PCOS and Juicing

View Full Version : PCOS and Juicing

Turtleboo142
01-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Hi everyone I am new to this site

So I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago. I have been battling this for my whole life so it was nice to have a name to it and to know that I am no longer alone or crazy.

In Aug/12 I started to juice. My goal was to be able to increase my intake of veg's. But what happened to me was crazy. My periods regulated from 40 -60 days to every 28 days. So since October my period has been regular. Now I am not interested in getting pregnant so I just thought I would share this info as what came out of my experience.

Hope this might help

astrophe
01-14-2013, 01:40 AM
That's good news! :)

Sometimes more produce = better nutrition and then that leads to better health like the periods.

WTG!

A.

naquitat
01-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Good for you!!! I changed my diet and dropped 31pds. and I've had my period for going on 8months!!!! :)

LdyMc
01-27-2013, 03:59 PM
I use to juice, but after months gave it up because of the huge amount of time it was taking (in part). I should throw in that I also have PCOS and the reading I did on the issue suggested that those with pcos and/or pre-diabetes need to take care in Juicing and choosing the veggies/fruits since fruit and root veggies juiced can have a huge impact on insulin levels (in other words, it would be possible for someone to juice themselves straight into diabetes). I'm not trying to a scare anyone, just recommending caution.