South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/203/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Fruit Infused Water?

I got one of these for Christmas: "Prodyne Fruit Infusion 93-Ounce Natural Fruit Flavor Pitcher

Enjoy flavor-infused beverages made naturally at home with the Prodyne Fruit Infusion Pitcher
BPA-free acrylic pitcher has removable hollow rod that can be filled with fruits, citrus wedges, herbs, or savories
Open slots in rod allow contents to naturally combine with liquid; rod screws into lid, so it stays securely in place"

(google it if you'd like, I don't have enough posts on here to post the link)

You put fruit in an infusion rod which then sits in the pitcher and flavors the water. You do not eat the fruit. The same fruit can flavor a pitcher of water, refilling when it is used up, for a week or so.

Yay or nay for phase 1?

I think personally it would help me up water intake instead of turning towards artificial beverages like crystal light.

Last edited by tar118; 01-13-2013 at 11:39 PM.
tar118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I do this as well, but just with a regular pitcher. I love it! Once a week I cut up some lemons or limes, a chunk of ginger, and some cucumber slices and put in the pitcher, and I have a glass first thing every morning. I just add more water when I get low. I am a hard core coffee person, but since I've been doing this I've found it really wakes me up in the morning (I still have the coffee, just a little later). It's also great for people that have a hard time drinking a lot of plain water. I personally don't think a little lemon will do you any harm on phase I, but if you are following to the letter (and you should, especially if you are new to SB), you can do ginger, cucumber, mint, etc., until you start on phase II. I'm sure there are some good suggestions for non-fruit combinations if you google it.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote