Weight Loss Support - Ready to try again.

View Full Version : Ready to try again.

Spiritix
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
When I went to my aunt's for Thanksgiving, I decided to take a break from my already faltering running plan, and after that it stopped completely. One December later, I had gone back to square one. :(
Discouraged, I pretty much gave up my efforts, but now I've been in better control of eating, and I need to start exercising again. I got a bicycle and learned to ride it.
But, the cold has been a big set back. I'd love to run tonight, but the temperature's gonna be in the teens! And even though I've gotten better at riding a bike, it still wears me out! I really want to lose at least ten pounds by March, maybe even finally get into one-derland by a solid amount. And then, I'd like to hit my goal before the year is out.
I told a friend about my wanting to lose weight, and although he was impressed by my ability to run 2 miles non-stop, he's underweight and I don't think he'd be very helpful.
I'd really like a weight loss partner if no one is taken yet. I really feel I'd do better if someone was going along with me.

shcirerf
01-13-2013, 10:35 PM
I do better on my own, however, don't let the cold temps get you down.

I went and ran outside yesterday, despite the fact it was only 9 degrees outside and we had a wind chill of -10.

I dressed in a layer of running tights, lined wind pants, tank top, long sleeved shirt, hoodie, and face mask type stocking hat, mittens and my running shoes, expect for my very tippy toes, I was soon sweating.

I was a bit leary about this, but I needed to do it, so I sucked it up and went. My only mistake, is I should have went into the wind on my way out, not my way back.:dizzy:

On another note, I hadn't ridden a bike in years, I remembered, riding in a straight line, ok, turning, not so much, lol.

Hang in there! It all gets easier with time and practice!

novangel
01-13-2013, 10:49 PM
You're welcome to join me/us in the "Daily Accountability January" thread. We do a new thread every month. I try to run about 5 days a week. :)

ETA: I started exercising in Feb 2012 and started running in the fall. My goal is 1,000 miles in 2013.

mateosmama2005
01-14-2013, 05:49 AM
When I went to my aunt's for Thanksgiving, I decided to take a break from my already faltering running plan, and after that it stopped completely. One December later, I had gone back to square one.
Discouraged, I pretty much gave up my efforts, but now I've been in better control of eating, and I need to start exercising again. I got a bicycle and learned to ride it.
But, the cold has been a big set back. I'd love to run tonight, but the temperature's gonna be in the teens! And even though I've gotten better at riding a bike, it still wears me out! I really want to lose at least ten pounds by March, maybe even finally get into one-derland by a solid amount. And then, I'd like to hit my goal before the year is out.
I told a friend about my wanting to lose weight, and although he was impressed by my ability to run 2 miles non-stop, he's underweight and I don't think he'd be very helpful.
I'd really like a weight loss partner if no one is taken yet. I really feel I'd do better if someone was going along with me.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Spiritix
01-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Yeesh, wind chill of -10? I don't really have any room to complain, then, huh? I did try putting on more layers, and indeed it wasn't so bad. :) My legs felt strong after running again!
The thing about posting in threads like that is that I feel like I'm more in a social circle instead of talking with anyone one-to-one about it. I might post in there occasionally though. :D