General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #1  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Default Water weight and fat loss question

When you initially start a diet, it's always water weight you lose first that's why you can lose up to 10 lbs or higher in the first 2 weeks (so I read), but if that's the case, surely some of it is fat loss, yes? If you are cutting back calories, how can you not lose any fat?

Last edited by Stars; 01-12-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #2  
Carbivore

S/C/G: 260/167/172

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars View Post
If you are cutting back calories, how can you not lose any fat?
You cannot know you didn't lose any fat. But hey, does it matter anyway until you reach your goal - I mean - a proper weight while being correctly hydrated?

I know most people is fascinated by the results on the scale in the first 1-2 weeks, they just let the water down and they concentrate on the new magic numbers on the scale. I did it several times this way too. But then they fall in a state of not sufficient hydration, which literally blocks the fat to be burned. You cannot loose fat when you don't have enough water to urinate at any time of the day. It's a safety feature to avoid poisoning you kidneys with ketones. Forget the number on the scale, drink water, hypotonic drinks, etc, whatever what will keep you hydrated if you want to loose fat.
MadProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #3  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Thank you!!!
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote