Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, Jan 12-13, 2013

lisa32989
01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+pF to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

bubbleblower
01-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning, everyone!! We've got a busy day here, starting to clean out the storage room of 18 years plus worth of "stuff" in preparation for moving in the latter part of this year. So far this seems to be a year of getting my house in order, literally and figuratively!

I think I'm also going to start adding back in some exercise into my daily routine. Although I'm steadily losing weight, I feel like I need to start doing some core strengthening exercises and walking. The weather is very mild (especially for mid-January!) so it will be a good time to get outside. Before IP, I had been riding my bike for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week. Now that I've been back home and not diving for over a week, I'm missing being more active.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-12-2013, 08:27 AM
After all my pre-preparation, I'm finally re-starting IP tomorrow morning. I have my meals planned out, my groceries purchased...just waiting for my Walden Farms delivery, but that isn't essential to starting. It is super cold here today (single digits), so outdoor activities are iffy. I wish everyone a great weekend on program!

PamC
01-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm going to a party tonight, where there will be all kinds of things I would normally look forward to, cheeses, quiche, pate, chocolate....I mean, really everything you are not supposed to have, and I'm honestly not even tempted. I'm going to bring a bag of cauliflower to munch on and I'll be fine. I'm also going to eat my dinner right before I go and will have a nice steak and veggies, so I'll be happy and full and will ignore the bad stuff all around me!

Tomorrow will be a real test as I'm going to movies, to see Les Mis and I probably love popcorn more than almost anything...sometimes I would even go to the movies just because I was craving the popcorn. But, I'm planning ahead, and will bring a bag of the dill pickle snacks. I haven't tried them yet, but love salty, savory things and will just ignore the popcorn. :)

Was also hit with TOM today, it always catches me off guard for some reason, didn't expect it so soon. I am feeling a little bloated today, and am hoping this won't derail my weigh in on Tuesday too much. My home scale says I'm down a few pounds so hopefully will be ok.

sahmmommy2
01-12-2013, 09:24 AM
PamC - Sounds like a great plan! You've got it! I hate TOM. I find I really have to watch myself during that time. I tend to have my weakest moments then.

World TravelerOnIP - You can do it! The first week is rough, so hang in there. Get through the first week and the rest is smooth sailing!

Hubby heads to Germany this week. He hasn't had to travel for a while, so hopefully it won't be too painful for the kids and me:D I'm feeling much better, FINALLY over the death-flu. Found out there's a wedding in February we need to attend.....and I have nothing to wear.....EEEEKKKK!!!!!! But at the same time, I'm excited because I've lost a bunch of weight and don't have to worry about trying to "loose a few" before then:) I might actually be within 10 lbs of my goal weight by then. That will be SO AWESOME! Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!

LosingLawyer
01-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Good morning, IPeeps! I'm up way too early for me (6 am) for the new bodypump class that starts at 6:45am at my gym. I'm planning on going to the movies tonight too. I'll probably bring a bar or the chocolate soy snacks. I've been to a lot of movies lately so I've gotten used to the popcorn smell and ignoring it. Hope everyone has a great OP day!

LizRR
01-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Sounds like we are all starting off the morning right! Did an 11-mile run at 6:00am, enjoying a spinach smoothie and car shopping this afternoon. Its kind of a gray day today, so no park with my son - but he will have fun when my in-laws babysit while we look at new cars. We are also babysitting for friends tonight and their little girl is my sons age, so I am sure that will be a fun "date" for them.

Bubbleblower-I did light exercise in P1, walking and weightlifting. Just listen to your body and fuel up!

Worldtraveler-congrats on the reboot! Sounds like you are all set up for success.

Pamc-also sounds like you have planned ahead too. That is sooooo key, not just for P1, but for life.

Sahmommy-Have fun picking out a wedding outfit! And I am sure you are happy to have a germ free house!

LosingLawyer-I hear you on the early morning workouts, a little "unnatural" on the weekends, but really feels great to knock it out first thing!

lisa32989
01-12-2013, 09:45 AM
PamC: you might want to consider taking a restricted munchy packet to the party, in addition to your veggies. I also take seltzer water and Mio. It helps me thru all those people drinking!

sahmmommy A wedding you don't have to lose weight for! How great is that? I'll have one in May. Its all part of the process for me (I won't be at goal yet) & I'll be looking forward to the new outfit I'll "get" to buy!

speterson
01-12-2013, 09:55 AM
IM kinda sad today and happy. my 2nd WI and im up .7pds ...I lost 6.6 the 1st week. I did lose 1.5 off my belly. only change i made was switching to lean shakes for one of my protien. now my hubby who switched too still lost 5.pds. The 2nd week I wanted to lose big.

kaylae24
01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Well I was hoping to start IP today but my food won't be in until Monday! :( not happy about that but trying to get physced up about starting a better lifestyle! I have been researching recipes I want to try and putting them in my IP binder I'm starting! I am still soooo nervous! I scared about saying no to temptation I can't afford to waste this kind of money just so I can have something I don't need anyways! I am also really scared I won't be able to handle the food! Trying to put my worries to rest but I'm so ready to lose weight I am too young to be this fat! Ready to be skinny! :)

lisa32989
01-12-2013, 10:07 AM
IM kinda sad today and happy. my 2nd WI and im up .7pds ...I lost 6.6 the 1st week. I did lose 1.5 off my belly. only change i made was switching to lean shakes for one of my protein. now my hubby who switched too still lost 5.pds. The 2nd week I wanted to lose big.
I'm not sure what a "lean" shake is. Is that the brand?

You have to be VERY careful that any substitutions match the IP products very closely. I've stuck pretty closely with mostly IP. My losses have been pretty consistent. There are several threads regarding good alternative choices here on the forum. Just search for "alternatives".

You also have to look at how closely you followed the protocol. Slight deviations can cause big differences.

Well I was hoping to start IP today but my food won't be in until Monday! :( not happy about that but trying to get physced up about starting a better lifestyle! I have been researching recipes I want to try and putting them in my IP binder I'm starting! I am still soooo nervous! I scared about saying no to temptation I can't afford to waste this kind of money just so I can have something I don't need anyways! I am also really scared I won't be able to handle the food! Trying to put my worries to rest but I'm so ready to lose weight I am too young to be this fat! Ready to be skinny! :)
You could go to GNC and get some Syntrax nectar to "tide you over" until Monday (or Target for some EAS Carb Advantage ready-to-drink) and get started today!

SweetShe
01-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Does anyone have any experience with issues using Splenda? I know it's allowed but Stevia is perferred. I prefer the taste of Splenda but would try to switch if it is better for IP. Has anyone noticed that Splenda affected their weightloss? What is the reason for choosing one over the other?

Thanks!! So glad I have this forum to ask questions and for the inspiration.

mompattie
01-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Good morning from COLD Saskatchewan! It's -40 C here this morning. Guess no outside activities for the kids today! Maybe a trip to our indoor pool! Or a movie.

Scale is moving again and I'm almost down to my ticker weight from my Christmas break. Oh, did I mention that I LOVE KETOSIS???? What a difference a week makes!!! Last week I was so cranky I could hardly stand myself. Don't know how the DH and kids managed my awful crankiness! Alas, it's onto a better week!

lisa32989
01-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Does anyone have any experience with issues using Splenda? I know it's allowed but Stevia is perferred. I prefer the taste of Splenda but would try to switch if it is better for IP. Has anyone noticed that Splenda affected their weightloss? What is the reason for choosing one over the other?

The filler in powdered splenda (also powdered stevia!) is maltodextrin, which is a carbohydrate, so it adds to our daily carb counts
If you can find liquid spenda (sucralose), it would be less of an issue and would be 0/0/0, like liquid stevia

There is also quite a bit of research demonstrating that artificial sweeteners keep the body craving sweets and may also cause insulin spikes.

Chloe222
01-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Speterson,
I understand your disappointment. Our bodies give up the weight when they're ready and its possible your whoosh will come tomorrow or the next day or later, but know the weight will come off. Focus on the long term and you'll feel better. :hug:

SDChickie
01-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Ugh. Gained a pound at WI this week, BUT lost 3.5 inches! I guess this is what a week of significant exercise did for me... every day was either Zumba, running, or lifting, and sometimes combos of two in one day. Oh well... all of the inches were off my waist and hips, so my jeans fit splendidly! If I have to take the bad, I'll gladly take the good along with it! :D

WyoGirl82
01-12-2013, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=LizRR;4587008]Sounds like we are all starting off the morning right! Did an 11-mile run at 6:00am, enjoying a spinach smoothie and car shopping this afternoon. Its kind of a gray day today, so no park with my son - but he will have fun when my in-laws babysit while we look at new cars. We are also babysitting for friends tonight and their little girl is my sons age, so I am sure that will be a fun "date" for them.

Liz....just have to tell you..you're my daily inspiration. Our start weights are close and our goal weights are close and we're the same height and I only hope to look half as fabulous as you do when I'm close to goal. Thank you for sharing your story! I'm determined to follow in your footsteps....well, maybe not in those 11 mile run footsteps but..... :hug:

Halfagain
01-12-2013, 10:27 AM
PamC: you might want to consider taking a restricted munchy packet to the party, in addition to your veggies. I also take seltzer water and Mio. It helps me thru all those people drinking!

I carry a large purse (curse of having a large purse, you have everything with you - but you can't find anything in it). Anyway lots of pockets, and in one of those I keep some easy packets to make (hot chocolate, chicken soup, a restricted bar, WF dressing packet- stuff like that), and a few herbal teas I like. Usually like two packet options total, one dressing, and a bar. Sort of an emergency food kit - light version that I have whenever I go out. If I know I'll be driving a couple hours, I may throw some celery in a zip lock and a RTD shake in the car too. Car normally has a couple fresh bottles of water in the passenger drink holders too.

lisa32989
01-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Ugh. Gained a pound at WI this week, BUT lost 3.5 inches! I guess this is what a week of significant exercise did for me... every day was either Zumba, running, or lifting, and sometimes combos of two in one day. Oh well... all of the inches were off my waist and hips, so my jeans fit splendidly! If I have to take the bad, I'll gladly take the good along with it! :D
Losses aren't all measured on the scale. 3.5 inches is AWESOME!
And the fact that you did some really significant excercise (light exercise is recommended in P1 b/c muscle increases can slow weight "loss" - not necessarily fat loss - due to muscle weighing more than fat). The fact that you lost so many INCHES shows that you still had fat loss, even if the scale didn't demonstrate it.
The scale will catch up!

LizRR
01-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Just an FYI, a packet of Splenda has ~4 calories from just barely <1g carb. That was one thing my coach warned me about - always assume that any '0 calorie' extra (WF, Splenda, Mio, etc) has 4 cals/1g carb - and had me limit them to 6 or less a day. Liquid Stevia is a 'true 0-calorie' sweetener that I really like, some of the packet stevias (Truvia, etc) are made of fillers that up the carb count.

Liz....just have to tell you..you're my daily inspiration. Our start weights are close and our goal weights are close and we're the same height and I only hope to look half as fabulous as you do when I'm close to goal. Thank you for sharing your story! I'm determined to follow in your footsteps....well, maybe not in those 11 mile run footsteps but..... :hug:

Thanks WyoGirl! It's not on my ticker, but it took me 4 months of 'on my own' before I started IP where I lost a whopping 6lb, so we pretty much started out at the same weight. IP was the best thing I have done for myself...ever.

maezy1
01-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Good Morning All!
SDchickie congrats on the inches lost! Once I am healed I too will be back into exercise and I cannot wait!
LIZ love hearing about your runs...living vicariously through u!

THE SUN IS OUT IN BATON ROUGE! first time in 6 days and last time for 5 more days. I am goign to enjoy it today!

Debrasb
01-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Went shopping for a couple of things today. Amazingly, one does not magically turn into a great shopper just because clothes fit. I am really bad at fashion. Oh well! On the bright side, I actually got into a 10pants and an 8 dress.

I find it challenging that every piece and every brand sizes totally differently. So I have no idea what sizes to pull to try on and it takes 3x as long. Again, good problems to have I realize.

mrskuby
01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Good morning all! I'm stopping by just to say hello! I have to get ready for a party tonight! I have a bunch of junky food for everyone else and for my SIL and myself I am making buffalo chicken meatballs and veggie sushi w/ smoked salmon...of course I'll bet everybody else will wind up eating our good food! Isn't that just the way it happens?

Anyways, I am not at all worried about having the party food and everyone having drinks around me. I have started losing again so I know that I just need to stay OP and I will get to the point where I can have a few party night goodies. It's all good!! :)

Have a great day everyone!!!

AnnaBoBanna
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good day.

I don't have any restricteds and am waiting for a big order from nashua. I got some wafers, some chips, oatmeal and other fun goodies! I can't wait to try them. I am seriously enjoying alternatives. I feel like I have a lot more choices, like pasta.

I also bought the pizza kit, and CAN'T WAIT to try it! So many times I've had a craving for pizza that wasn't easily satisfied. I think this will really help and be much easier than making a cauliflower crust that was always soggy.

ShanCo
01-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Good Morning! Got dressed this morning and buttoned up a cute Old Navy flannel that I previously had to only wear unbuttoned :) Woohoo!

Bellamack
01-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Relapse, thought I was over this nasty cold, just to cough all night and feel crappy today. hmmmm at least I am not hungry!

Stay warm and op!

NinjaNurse
01-12-2013, 01:09 PM
WorldTraveleronIP Best of luck!! Planning is key. I am still getting the hang of it!!:o
PamC I have been dying to see Les Mis but no one to go with!! I love the Dill Pickle Zippers. Yum Yum and the serving is huge.
Sahmmommy2 I agree TOM is the worst. I was famished the other day and ended up making a hard boiled egg.
HalfagainHA HA I just got rid of a big pocketbook because I could never find anything in it. Does it stop me from wanting more??? No.;) Now I have things in cases because it drives me nuts

AnnaBoBanna
01-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I love pocketbooks...

sonyainva
01-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Good Morning! Got dressed this morning and buttoned up a cute Old Navy flannel that I previously had to only wear unbuttoned :) Woohoo!

great nsv!

liz your workouts are the bomb.

oh one of the other things they spoke at the p4 seminar was making exercise a part of our lives, consistently. not crazy, excessive but something everyday

Breezy414
01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
This is just going to sound weird..but since I have started IP (5 days) I have been having the weirdest, most lucid dreams I have ever had in my life! I know I sound silly, but its just seriously weird! A couple dreams the past few nights have been focus around food (obvious since its pretty much all that consumes my thoughts during waking hours..) but in the dream I am always cheating! To the point where I can TASTE the food and cannot stop myself from stuffing my face! In my dream I am so upset and disgusted with myself...and then have the best feeling in the world when I wake up and realize it was all a dream! I am using it as motivation to NOT cheat because the feeling is just terrible...ok I am rambling now and probably making some of you roll your eyes :) but..I just had to tell someone and I know this forum would understand why I am dreaming about food! Haha!

mightbe
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
It doesn't sound weird at all, many people experience the crazy food dreams the first month or so ;)

Chloe222
01-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Hello all,
Ordered a new cereal from Nashua Nutrition, Nutritious Living, Hi-Lo vanilla almond cereal and just had it for lunch. We're going to NH skiing in 10 days with 2 other couples and I wanted to have a cereal on hand as a snack. They were out of the ProtiDiet honey nut soy cereal, so found this one. It's pretty good, 90 cal, 2 g fat, 6 net carbs, 12 g protein. Will be taking bars with me as well but I need to be careful around the bars. There will be a happy hour every afternoon so I expect that's when I'll slowly eat/savor this cereal. We're sharing a house, so happy hours will not be at a restaurant or bar (makes it easier to eat my cereal/celery and cucumber slices, etc).

mompattie
01-12-2013, 01:55 PM
I just had the most incredible lunch!!!! I sautéed 1 cup fresh green beans chopped into 1" bites with evoo, garlic, and 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms. While this sautéed I cooked up the IP spaghetti bolognese packet. Once this was cooked, I served it over the sautéed veggies. DIVINE!!!! YUM!!!! I will be making this again! Going to try next time with my protidiet chili packet as the bolognese is only 2x/week.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I know we don't have to track anything while on IP but I'm getting into the habit of using myfitnesspal now to prepare for maintainence. However, does anyone find it's not completely accurate?

For example, today it totals up my fiber at only 16 grams. When I add up the fiber in my packets alone it comes out to 18 grams (Cookie 9, Rotini 5, and Dark Chocolate Pudding 4).

This is all without adding in the fiber of my 2 cups of cucumber and 2 cups of spinach I'm eating today.

Anybody experience this also?

Alma4343
01-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good day.

I don't have any restricteds and am waiting for a big order from nashua. I got some wafers, some chips, oatmeal and other fun goodies! I can't wait to try them. I am seriously enjoying alternatives. I feel like I have a lot more choices, like pasta.

I also bought the pizza kit, and CAN'T WAIT to try it! So many times I've had a craving for pizza that wasn't easily satisfied. I think this will really help and be much easier than making a cauliflower crust that was always soggy.

I didn't love the pizza kit as a pizza, but I think it did help with the pizza cravings which I have a LOT. However, I LOVED using it for Rainbow's pretzel recipe. That was so good. I am out and waiting to get more, I could eat those every day!

2elite2stop
01-12-2013, 03:48 PM
This has been my 1st week back on IP since the holidays. I did not want the stress of travel and being on IP so I decided to take a break. Needless to say over two weeks I gained 13 lbs. I counted calories but my carb intake was higher so water weight was inevitable. Being that I understand my body and knew that one week on IP would reverse that (bc it's nearly impossible to gain 13 lbs of fat in two weeks) so it was not discouraging at all. I'm happy to say that in 5 days over 10 of those lbs are gone and I know the rest will be by Monday. Some may say I lost a week or more bc of taking off but I was also losing so much hair. This has stopped and I'm taking vitamins to help. But the break was worth it to me. Now I'm back and focused on getting these last 35 lbs off. IP works and is great. :-)

maezy1
01-12-2013, 03:55 PM
This is just going to sound weird..but since I have started IP (5 days) I have been having the weirdest, most lucid dreams I have ever had in my life! I know I sound silly, but its just seriously weird! A couple dreams the past few nights have been focus around food (obvious since its pretty much all that consumes my thoughts during waking hours..) but in the dream I am always cheating! To the point where I can TASTE the food and cannot stop myself from stuffing my face! In my dream I am so upset and disgusted with myself...and then have the best feeling in the world when I wake up and realize it was all a dream! I am using it as motivation to NOT cheat because the feeling is just terrible...ok I am rambling now and probably making some of you roll your eyes :) but..I just had to tell someone and I know this forum would understand why I am dreaming about food! Haha!

Oh I had the same thing happen! My dreams weren't about food but just plain ol weirD!

KLD81230
01-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Work up to -15 this morning... Monday is supposed to be a low of -25 and a high of (...wait for it...) a balmy -5... Hopefully my car will start to get to the gym at 6am!

Had my weekend Boot Camp Obstacle Course this morning and spent the rest of the morning cleaning and organizing closets. I love cleaning up after the holidays because it really gets me in the mood to do some much-needed deep cleaning! It felt good to pack up 2T clothes of my littlest kiddo, but pretty sad at the same time...

Now my two littles are napping and my oldest is out helping daddy do something in the shop. I am thoroughly enjoying the quiet while getting my daily dose of inspiration from all of you!

Enjoy the day!!

BarbMomof3
01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Hello. I just made for dinner a "diet" version of something we like to make here at home. I measured out cooked beef and 2 cups of diced tomatoes for the recipe. When I took my first bite I thought it tasted sweet. After my third bite I went to read the can. Sugar is the third ingredient!!!! YIKES!!! So anyways, I picked out all of the tomato and proceeded to eat the beef. Now I am wondering if I shouldn't have had the beef since it marinated in the sauce? Too late for that, but should I now eat veggies? I'm sure I already had carbs and veggies would only add more???

Thanks in advance.
Barb

NinjaNurse
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I love pocketbooks...

I am all into a road trip to Canal St. There's a rumor the flea markets in NH are up and running again as well......................

scorbett1103
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM

You will do great! Just breathe, and lean on the great folks here - there is a wealth of support and information at your fingertips!

I personally haven't had issues with Splenda or splenda based products, but some people are more sensitive to carbs than others. I also limit ALL extras (Anything with splenda, Walden Farms products, etc) to 6 servings per day. That seems to keep things under control.

IM kinda sad today and happy. my 2nd WI and im up .7pds ...I lost 6.6 the 1st week. I did lose 1.5 off my belly. only change i made was switching to lean shakes for one of my protien. now my hubby who switched too still lost 5.pds. The 2nd week I wanted to lose big.

You lost inches, and had a big first week! The 2nd week is NOT usually a big loss week for folks as the body has to catch up with the first week drop, so your expectations may have been a little far reaching. You can't compare yourself to men when you look at losses, men lose weight COMPLETELY differently than women. Just stick with the plan and trust it. I have had weeks of high losses, low losses, NO losses, but the weight has come off (62lbs in 24 weeks) so I know the plan works no matter what the scale says in one particular day :)

Nice job on the inches!!!

Went shopping for a couple of things today. Amazingly, one does not magically turn into a great shopper just because clothes fit. I am really bad at fashion. Oh well! On the bright side, I actually got into a 10pants and an 8 dress.

I find it challenging that every piece and every brand sizes totally differently. So I have no idea what sizes to pull to try on and it takes 3x as long. Again, good problems to have I realize.

I have a love/hate relationship with clothes shopping too - I spent so many years in sweatpants and scrubs, I'm always struggling when I try to get nice outfits that fit! It's a good problem to have when the sizes are so much lower than before :)

Hello. I just made for dinner a "diet" version of something we like to make here at home. I measured out cooked beef and 2 cups of diced tomatoes for the recipe. When I took my first bite I thought it tasted sweet. After my third bite I went to read the can. Sugar is the third ingredient!!!! YIKES!!! So anyways, I picked out all of the tomato and proceeded to eat the beef. Now I am wondering if I shouldn't have had the beef since it marinated in the sauce? Too late for that, but should I now eat veggies? I'm sure I already had carbs and veggies would only add more???

Thanks in advance.
Barb

Don't skip your veggies. You get important nutrients and fiber from those veggies, and none of them are high enough in carbs (off the Selected veggie list) to make an impact. The beef may have absorbed some of the sugar, but you can't stress about it - it's been eaten, just stay on plan for the rest of the day and pick it up again tomorrow. Take it as a lesson learned to ALWAYS check the ingredients of canned food, they hide sugar EVERYWHERE!

BarbMomof3
01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks Scorbett!!

ragdoll74
01-12-2013, 05:48 PM
debrasb- It can be really frustrating in the beggining trying to figure out what sizes and styles look good on you after starting IP. It helps if you have a couple of favorite stores and style of pants that you like. I just bring 2 different sizes of each item into the dressing room with me now if I havent worn that specific brand anymore.

Breezy- I've woken up in a panic from food dreams while on IP.

Barbmomof3- there is nothing you can do about it now, so just chalk it up as a learning experience. Fresh veggies are best. Any time you use from a box, jar or can you need to read the ingredients. Don't beat yourself up over it, it was a mistake.

lumielumes
01-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Is it okay that I eat my restricted food (usually bars) about a 1/2hr before I go to bed? Today is my 4th day on IP and I want to make sure that is okay or if I should try to eat it a little earlier. Thanks in advance!

fam4me
01-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, we joined Golds gym today. My DD and I did the bikes for about a half hour. The kids both participated in a performance clinic while DH and I tried out some machines. Never thought I'd be excited to go to the gym but we all had a great time!

I had a co-worker going on and on about how people age when they lose weight. I finally asked her if I had aged and she said "well, I think so". Within the next 10 min. A customer came in that hasn't seen me and commented on how I look 10 years younger. Couldn't have come at a better time. She's been pretty supportive but I think as people are coming in and complimenting me, she's probably a bit envious of the attention. I told her if I did look older, I'd rather be healthy!

LoriKay
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I know we don't have to track anything while on IP but I'm getting into the habit of using myfitnesspal now to prepare for maintainence. However, does anyone find it's not completely accurate?

For example, today it totals up my fiber at only 16 grams. When I add up the fiber in my packets alone it comes out to 18 grams (Cookie 9, Rotini 5, and Dark Chocolate Pudding 4).

This is all without adding in the fiber of my 2 cups of cucumber and 2 cups of spinach I'm eating today.

Anybody experience this also?

I've found that there are differences. It really bothered me at first but now I've decided that it works, it tracks, it holds me accountable for what I put in my mouth, and it's close enough! I know there are other sites out there so if it's really bothering you, you could try one of those!

Is it okay that I eat my restricted food (usually bars) about a 1/2hr before I go to bed? Today is my 4th day on IP and I want to make sure that is okay or if I should try to eat it a little earlier. Thanks in advance!

I often ate shortly before bed. It's better if it's a longer time but so often I would forget it until I was thinking about bed! Do you best and what works for you, if your not losing as fast as you'd like, try moving up the time and see if it makes a difference!

GeauxTigers82
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
I went to my weigh in this morning and was down 3 pounds! We didn't do measurements; she told me we would do it next week. I am down 50 pounds now! Wooooohoooooo!

I went to my local grocery store that carries WF and they FINALLY had the pancake syrup back in stock. I have gone to 2 different locations the last 2 weekends and they were out. I bought the last 3 they had today.

I also got my first, "you don't need to lose that much weight..." I was at the commissary in the produce department. I asked 2 workers if they had any more turnips. We got to talking about the diet, and I told them that I wanted to lose 30 more pounds. We finished talking, and I walked away. I went back to ask them another question, and they told me how they were discussing that I didn't need to lose that much more because I would look sick. I just laughed... I find it flattering!

So, all in all, today was a great day! I am planning on sitting on the sofa all day tomorrow while doing laundry. We start our Biggest Loser competition at work on Monday. I can't wait to kick some butt!

jules26965
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Hello all,
Ordered a new cereal from Nashua Nutrition, Nutritious Living, Hi-Lo vanilla almond cereal and just had it for lunch. We're going to NH skiing in 10 days with 2 other couples and I wanted to have a cereal on hand as a snack. They were out of the ProtiDiet honey nut soy cereal, so found this one. It's pretty good, 90 cal, 2 g fat, 6 net carbs, 12 g protein. Will be taking bars with me as well but I need to be careful around the bars. There will be a happy hour every afternoon so I expect that's when I'll slowly eat/savor this cereal. We're sharing a house, so happy hours will not be at a restaurant or bar (makes it easier to eat my cereal/celery and cucumber slices, etc).

Hi Chloe -- I used to have this cereal every morning (when I lost 60 lbs by myself in 2008) and it's great! Tastes good and I think it has a lot of fiber in it as well, so very filling! I'm lucky cause I can get it in my local grocery store and plan to start eating it again soon :) Have fun on vacation!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I went to my weigh in this morning and was down 3 pounds! We didn't do measurements; she told me we would do it next week. I am down 50 pounds now! Wooooohoooooo!

I went to my local grocery store that carries WF and they FINALLY had the pancake syrup back in stock. I have gone to 2 different locations the last 2 weekends and they were out. I bought the last 3 they had today.

I also got my first, "you don't need to lose that much weight..." I was at the commissary in the produce department. I asked 2 workers if they had any more turnips. We got to talking about the diet, and I told them that I wanted to lose 30 more pounds. We finished talking, and I walked away. I went back to ask them another question, and they told me how they were discussing that I didn't need to lose that much more because I would look sick. I just laughed... I find it flattering!

So, all in all, today was a great day! I am planning on sitting on the sofa all day tomorrow while doing laundry. We start our Biggest Loser competition at work on Monday. I can't wait to kick some butt!

Way to go!!!

LosingLawyer
01-12-2013, 07:14 PM

It shouldn't be an issue. I know some coaches tell dieters that you should eat your restricted early in the day to burn off carbs, but this is actually contrary to what Dr. Tran says is his book. I usually eat my last snack an hour or so before bedtime and sometimes it is a restricted.

Well, we joined Golds gym today. My DD and I did the bikes for about a half hour. The kids both participated in a performance clinic while DH and I tried out some machines. Never thought I'd be excited to go to the gym but we all had a great time!

I had a co-worker going on and on about how people age when they lose weight. I finally asked her if I had aged and she said "well, I think so". Within the next 10 min. A customer came in that hasn't seen me and commented on how I look 10 years younger. Couldn't have come at a better time. She's been pretty supportive but I think as people are coming in and complimenting me, she's probably a bit envious of the attention. I told her if I did look older, I'd rather be healthy!

Congrats on signing up for the gym! And I agree, I'd rather look older ad be skinny (although you look great in your pic)!

Awesome weigh in and congrats on the 50 pounds!

maezy1
01-12-2013, 08:04 PM
fam4me you look SO much better in your pics and certainly DO NOT look older! I think you are right, your friend might be a little envious!

Just got the nicest text from an associate at work. She has been trying to lose weight for a while now. She texted and told me that she was ready to go for Monday and was doing IP becuz my weight loss has been so inspirational. Wow, and I thought that you couldnt really tell that I had lost weight

speterson
01-12-2013, 08:13 PM
You will do great! Just breathe, and lean on the great folks here - there is a wealth of support and information at your fingertips!

I personally haven't had issues with Splenda or splenda based products, but some people are more sensitive to carbs than others. I also limit ALL extras (Anything with splenda, Walden Farms products, etc) to 6 servings per day. That seems to keep things under control.

You lost inches, and had a big first week! The 2nd week is NOT usually a big loss week for folks as the body has to catch up with the first week drop, so your expectations may have been a little far reaching. You can't compare yourself to men when you look at losses, men lose weight COMPLETELY differently than women. Just stick with the plan and trust it. I have had weeks of high losses, low losses, NO losses, but the weight has come off (62lbs in 24 weeks) so I know the plan works no matter what the scale says in one particular day :)

Nice job on the inches!!!

I have a love/hate relationship with clothes shopping too - I spent so many years in sweatpants and scrubs, I'm always struggling when I try to get nice outfits that fit! It's a good problem to have when the sizes are so much lower than before :)

Don't skip your veggies. You get important nutrients and fiber from those veggies, and none of them are high enough in carbs (off the Selected veggie list) to make an impact. The beef may have absorbed some of the sugar, but you can't stress about it - it's been eaten, just stay on plan for the rest of the day and pick it up again tomorrow. Take it as a lesson learned to ALWAYS check the ingredients of canned food, they hide sugar EVERYWHERE!

thank you so much i needed that...love this site....:):):):):):):)

lisa32989
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
This is just going to sound weird..but since I have started IP (5 days) I have been having the weirdest, most lucid dreams I have ever had in my life! I know I sound silly, but its just seriously weird!
Not weird at all. There are actually some older threads on the topic. My sleep was disturbed for about the first 6 weeks with dreams, sweats, and other side-effects of withdrawal.

I noticed things but I'm with LoriKay. It helps me keep track and it doesn't have to be perfect to work for me.

:bravo:

Today I made a big pan of stir fried veggies (bok choy, leeks, celery, mushrooms, red bell pepper, Braggs Amino acids, seasonings, and some chicken broth). That'll last a little while.
I did my wii fit and then was really hungry and forgot to have an extra packet until later.

I did a clothes shopping expedition to Talbots b/c they're having a GREAT sale (in-store and online) and I wanted to check the fit of different cuts of pants. I found out I'm a size smaller than I thought I was :)
I don't really need pants right now but now I know which fits to buy and I'll get some stuff online, on-sale, and for Spring in smaller sizes!
I DID get 4 shirts for $50. Pretty good deal for a higher-end women's store! I even bought a sweater b/c I've been so cold. Until recently, I wouldn't have worn a sweater b/c I was always hot!

AnnaBoBanna
01-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Not weird at all. There are actually some older threads on the topic. My sleep was disturbed for about the first 6 weeks with dreams, sweats, and other side-effects of withdrawal.

I noticed things but I'm with LoriKay. It helps me keep track and it doesn't have to be perfect to work for me.

:bravo:

Today I made a big pan of stir fried veggies (bok choy, leeks, celery, mushrooms, red bell pepper, Braggs Amino acids, seasonings, and some chicken broth).
That'll last a little while.
I did my wii fit and then was really hungry and forgot to have an extra packet until later.

I did a clothes shopping expedition to Talbots b/c they're having a GREAT sale (in-store and online) and I wanted to check the fit of different cuts of pants. I found out I'm a size smaller than I thought I was :)
I don't really need pants right now but now I know which fits to buy and I'll get some stuff online, on-sale, and for Spring in smaller sizes!
I DID get 4 shirts for $50. Pretty good deal for a higher-end women's store! I even bought a sweater b/c I've been so cold. Until recently, I wouldn't have worn a sweater b/c I was always hot!

Wow congrats on the smaller size AND great deals!!

patns
01-12-2013, 10:30 PM

She thinks you aged??? I am always struck when I see your before and after pics how much younger you look.

Suzali
01-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Feeling pretty good about the wise choice I made today to pre-plan and pack my lunch for a short road trip out of town. Felt silly taking my salad with rotini into the mall food court but resisted the urge to grab pizza, yay me! First weigh in is Tuesday morning. :dizzy:

mompattie
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Feeling pretty good about the wise choice I made today to pre-plan and pack my lunch for a short road trip out of town. Felt silly taking my salad with rotini into the mall food court but resisted the urge to grab pizza, yay me! First weigh in is Tuesday morning. :dizzy:

WAY TO GO!!!! That's a great decision, you are regaining control!!!! :carrot::carrot:

gidgetonsweets
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Hi
My name is Gidget. I am 50 married and so so tired of gaining weight. I started on the IP protein diet on friday 1/11/13. I am so weak and hoping i can succeed. I was a candy monster. . FYI A candy monster needs sweets to survive. My start weight is 250. In my old world weekends are for eating, drinking and partying. I will need to replace my old weekend habits with new ones and I am looking forward to doing so. I have 1 problem this is my 2nd day and i am so weak I have been in bed both days and i can't sleep. I am followind diet, step by step. No Cheating and I am not hungry. What should i do ?

Ojenchilada
01-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi
My name is Gidget. I am 50 married and so so tired of gaining weight. I started on the IP protein diet on friday 1/11/13. I am so weak and hoping i can succeed. I was a candy monster. . FYI A candy monster needs sweets to survive. My start weight is 250. In my old world weekends are for eating, drinking and partying. I will need to replace my old weekend habits with new ones and I am looking forward to doing so. I have 1 problem this is my 2nd day and i am so weak I have been in bed both days and i can't sleep. I am followind diet, step by step. No Cheating and I am not hungry. What should i do ?

Gidget, I started IP on Friday too. I am stunned by how much I must be addicted to carbs, because I am completely miserable: headache, exhausted, twitching eye, and nausea. Seeing all these success stories (thanks for sharing, everyone!) is helping me to distract myself tonight. Good luck!

HornsFan
01-13-2013, 12:06 AM

I prefer Splenda as well...Stevia is just to bitter for me. The actual "sweetener" in Splenda is Sucralose. Walmart just picked up a liquid version of Sucralose called Sucralose-to-Go (sucralosetogo.com) and it was heaven-sent for me! Sucralose is not a carbohydrate so this liquid version has no calories/carbs and u can use at your hearts content:). I would imagine liquid Splenda would be the same, I have just never been able to find on store shelves.

gidgetonsweets
01-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Gidget, I started IP on Friday too. I am stunned by how much I must be addicted to carbs, because I am completely miserable: headache, exhausted, twitching eye, and nausea. Seeing all these success stories (thanks for sharing, everyone!) is helping me to distract myself tonight. Good luck!

Thanks for responding, so it's not just me. !!! lol I am watching the biggest loser to keep me from eating a cookie. lol

amberjules
01-13-2013, 03:14 AM
The last 3 weeks have been quite interesting. I was on TOM for 3 weeks - it finally stopped this week. I got the flu and took Alka Seltzer Cough and Cold med and then I had an allergic reaction to the meds and got an itch rash on my arms, back, neck and chest.

Thankfully I have survived and lost 5.2 lbs this week despite all of my issues. Thank you everyone who helped me figure all this out while I was sick. There was about 2 days where I didn't want to eat, but did most everything except get in all of my veggies. The IP Chicken Noodle Soup was really great on my sore throat.

An interesting thing has come about since I've lost a little over 20 lbs. I'm actually feeling like working out, but I understand we can't. Can we do yoga? What do you all do for movement? Maybe working the core would be good.

I know this is such a silly thing, but my ticker chick is moving further away from the starting line and getting closer to the middle. Can't wait until she's on the downhill side. :)

sonyainva
01-13-2013, 03:51 AM

You look younger, it's normal, you must be getting a lot of the attention. No worries.

Hi

Sugar was my drug of choice. Please be kind to yourself, you have chosen a great program. Stay busy. Do things you enjoy.

Above all have compassion for yourself, sugar withdrawals are nasty. But you can do this, ip is geared towards resetting your pancreas.

The last 3 weeks have been quite interesting. I was on TOM for 3 weeks - it finally stopped this week. I got the flu and took Alka Seltzer Cough and Cold med and then I had an allergic reaction to the meds and got an itch rash on my arms, back, neck and chest.

Thankfully I have survived and lost 5.2 lbs this week despite all of my issues. Thank you everyone who helped me figure all this out while I was sick. There was about 2 days where I didn't want to eat, but did most everything except get in all of my veggies. The IP Chicken Noodle Soup was really great on my sore throat.

An interesting thing has come about since I've lost a little over 20 lbs. I'm actually feeling like working out, but I understand we can't. Can we do yoga? What do you all do for movement? Maybe working the core would be good.

I know this is such a silly thing, but my ticker chick is moving further away from the starting line and getting closer to the middle. Can't wait until she's on the downhill side. :)

You are allowed to work out for 30 minutes, jus replenish with a protein within 30 minutes

amberjules
01-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Thank you Sonya.

explore
01-13-2013, 05:06 AM
amberjules,
From what I was told, you can do yoga. Yoga does not get your heart rate up like a cardio/type of class like spinning or aerobics. I think that yoga is a perfect compliment to the diet. Try to look for a class that is not a power yoga type of class.

teacherri
01-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Hi all,
I am new to the IP diet... So far since last Saturdau, I've lost about 6lbs. Mostly going well, except I am waking up during the night with extreme pain in my legs... Feels like pain is shooting up and down my legs from my back end. I've increased the potassium as suggested by my coach ( for charley horse) I feel like something is running up and down my legs! I haven't done exercises but have been extremely stressful at work... Is this typical on the IP diet? Any ideas of what I should do?? I am walking up at 3 am and I need sleep!

bubbleblower
01-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi all,
I am new to the IP diet... So far since last Saturdau, I've lost about 6lbs. Mostly going well, except I am waking up during the night with extreme pain in my legs... Feels like pain is shooting up and down my legs from my back end. I've increased the potassium as suggested by my coach ( for charley horse) I feel like something is running up and down my legs! I haven't done exercises but have been extremely stressful at work... Is this typical on the IP diet? Any ideas of what I should do?? I am walking up at 3 am and I need sleep!

Are you drinking enough water? Anytime I have leg pain/cramps that's usually the cause for me, particularly when I find it's waking me up at night.

PamC
01-13-2013, 08:07 AM
This has been my 1st week back on IP since the holidays. I did not want the stress of travel and being on IP so I decided to take a break. Needless to say over two weeks I gained 13 lbs. I counted calories but my carb intake was higher so water weight was inevitable. Being that I understand my body and knew that one week on IP would reverse that (bc it's nearly impossible to gain 13 lbs of fat in two weeks) so it was not discouraging at all. I'm happy to say that in 5 days over 10 of those lbs are gone and I know the rest will be by Monday. Some may say I lost a week or more bc of taking off but I was also losing so much hair. This has stopped and I'm taking vitamins to help. But the break was worth it to me. Now I'm back and focused on getting these last 35 lbs off. IP works and is great. :-)

At what point in the diet did you start losing hair? This is one thing I'm worried about, because I lost a lot of hair doing MediFast a few years ago and am hoping that doesn't happen again or that I can prevent it somehow.

bubbleblower
01-13-2013, 08:12 AM
At what point in the diet did you start losing hair? This is one thing I'm worried about, because I lost a lot of hair doing MediFast a few years ago and am hoping that doesn't happen again or that I can prevent it somehow.

I've been watching all the posts about hair loss since starting the diet as it was one of the things that had me concerned. My coach also said that some people do experience some hair loss.

That said, I have to say that at least at this point, my hair is in better shape than it's been in ages. I chalk it up to the increased protein and regular vitamins, which I was never consistent about taking. The same goes for my nails. Hope it stays that way!!

teacherri
01-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Are you drinking enough water? Anytime I have leg pain/cramps that's usually the cause for me, particularly when I find it's waking me up at night.

I have been drinking plenty of water - about 10 glasses (8 ounces) a day... I am wondering if it's magnesium that needs to be increased not the potassium...

newlady
01-13-2013, 08:27 AM
This has been my 1st week back on IP since the holidays. I did not want the stress of travel and being on IP so I decided to take a break. Needless to say over two weeks I gained 13 lbs. I counted calories but my carb intake was higher so water weight was inevitable. Being that I understand my body and knew that one week on IP would reverse that (bc it's nearly impossible to gain 13 lbs of fat in two weeks) so it was not discouraging at all. I'm happy to say that in 5 days over 10 of those lbs are gone and I know the rest will be by Monday. Some may say I lost a week or more bc of taking off but I was also losing so much hair. This has stopped and I'm taking vitamins to help. But the break was worth it to me. Now I'm back and focused on getting these last 35 lbs off. IP works and is great. :-) Congratulations on the lost. I also took a long break and I'm starting back this morning. The break also help, also made me relies just how much I need this program. Good luck.:dancer:

LoriKay
01-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Teacherri When I had cramps in my legs I added more salt to my diet as well as taking extra potasium and making sure I drank all my water. I don't know which of the 3 worked for me, but it worked. I still get them now and then, but not as bad or as regularly!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-13-2013, 08:57 AM

I agree with the previous poster-your coworker is the one with the problem. You look younger and healthier to me. I think your success is fantastic and I'm happy for you!! I still hate the gym, so I think it's great you enjoyed your time there as well with your family!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-13-2013, 09:07 AM

Glad you're feeling better, great job sticking with IP while you were sick! I, too, love seeing my ticker move further and further away from the left to the right!

Also, read through all 11 pages of your blog, it is awesome!!!

ragdoll74
01-13-2013, 09:23 AM

Hi

Hang in there! There is nothing wrong with sleeping through the first 3 days. They are brutal. You should start feeling better day 4. You will be so excited after you first weigh in.

fam4me- you look so much younger! Can't believe your coworker would say anything different.

lisa32989
01-13-2013, 09:41 AM
I started on the IP protein diet on friday 1/11/13. I am so weak and hoping i can succeed. I was a candy monster. . FYI A candy monster needs sweets to survive. My start weight is 250. In my old world weekends are for eating, drinking and partying. I will need to replace my old weekend habits with new ones and I am looking forward to doing so. I have 1 problem this is my 2nd day and i am so weak I have been in bed both days and i can't sleep. I am followind diet, step by step. No Cheating and I am not hungry. What should i do ?
Stick with the plan. Follow the sheet. The worst of it will subside in 3-4 days and after a while you will feel FANTASTIC. Then you'll be like me and say this is the easiest diet you've ever been on. Atkins people call the carb withdrawal the "Atkins flu"
It is time to change your mindset to: I am stronger than food and I can do this. I can regain control over food.

I am stunned by how much I must be addicted to carbs, because I am completely miserable: headache, exhausted, twitching eye, and nausea. Seeing all these success stories (thanks for sharing, everyone!) is helping me to distract myself tonight.
Distractions are important the first few days. I went to bed early and stayed away from TV watching. The withdrawal symptoms pass pretty quickly (extra salt actually HELPS so don't avoid it, you can reduce it later)

What does your coach say? I always suggest working with your coach FIRST. Mine just didn't want exercise the first month and then nothing that is extremely exerting, like something that would get my heart rate up and sustain it for a long time. But gentle exercise is GOOD for us!

sahmmommy2
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
gidgetonsweets & Ojenchilada - Hang in there! You'll start feeling better by day 3 or 4. Do what you have to do to tough it out the first couple days. Take a pain reliever if you have a headache. If you're starving, have an extra unrestricted. It takes a little bit for your body to adjust. Once that first week is under your belt, it is smooth sailing! I've realized I'm a complete sweets person. I could care less about anything salty! Who knew? I really enjoy the caramel nut bars from either IP or Proti-Thin! They really help me with my sweet craving, and I have one as my restricted almost every day.

fam4me - I think all the men and women w/before and after pictures look so much younger, you included!

I swear, every time the hubby leaves town, something breaks! Yesterday, the pilot light wouldn't light on our heater....REALLY?????? I called him and he said I needed to replace the thermocouple (sp.?). So I start to do that, but then I get worried I might cause a natural gas leak and blow up the house???? I don't want to risk hurting my kids here. My hubby assures me it's super simple to replace and while I am confident in his abilities, not so much in mine. :^: Anyway, after a trip to Home Depot to get the parts and taking it halfway apart, I have second thoughts about doing it myself and call the repair man. Sometimes, you just have to call the professionals:D Why all the drama when the hubby is gone?????

Oh, and just for the record, it was pretty simple. I got a super nice angel (I mean repairman) and it took him 15 minutes to replace! He didn't even charge me labor, just the cost for an after hours house call which was still $135. I can live with that and the peace of mind it was done right and we have heat:)

GeauxTigers82
01-13-2013, 09:59 AM

I read around 3-5 months, so I started taking biotin right away. I have long hair, and it's thin, so I can't afford to lose any. I started the target brand of rogaine just in case.

1LittleStar
01-13-2013, 10:01 AM

!

Congrats, fantastic weight loss! :carrot:

fam4me
Just got the nicest text from an associate at work. She has been trying to lose weight for a while now. She texted and told me that she was ready to go for Monday and was doing IP becuz my weight loss has been so inspirational. Wow, and I thought that you couldnt really tell that I had lost weight

How fantastic to be an inspiration to others! Your stats are great, I'm sure you look quite different. :)

Today I made a big pan of stir fried veggies (bok choy, leeks, celery, mushrooms, red bell pepper, Braggs Amino acids, seasonings, and some chicken broth). That'll last a little while.

That stir-fry sound great!

Great deal on the new clothes and the new size. You must be very happy! I've been a bit colder than usual too, I was always too hot. I'm sure I will appreciate it more in the summer months...

She thinks you aged??? I am always struck when I see your before and after pics how much younger you look.

Agreed 100%. :D

Planning is so key to this. Pizza has been the hardest for me to resist, but I've done it! It's very empowering to know that I am in control!

Hi

Welcome Gidget! Hang in there, the first few days are tough, but so worth it. I now have so much energy, feel great about myself, and am confident that I can do this. If you had asked me 7 weeks ago, it would have been a different story! You can do this!

Not silly at all! I've been anxiously waiting for my 20 days to get one! I'm just over 20 days, so i am going to go back and check!

Glad you're feeling better, great job sticking with IP while you were sick! I, too, love seeing my ticker move further and further away from the left to the right!

Off to read!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Weigh in this week - lost 6.6lbs for a total of 36lbs in 7 weeks! Woohoo! Also reached my 10% weight loss! Unbelievable! This has included the holidays and all that that entails, my daughter's birthday party, two other birthday parties, a weekend away, eating out multiple times, and saying no thank you to pizza on multiple occasions, including last night. The feeling of control that I have now is such a powerful feeling. I am the one choosing my destiny. I've also gone down in clothing size (although most of my clothes are now comfortable or a bit loose because I had refused to go up a size and I probably should have), I have energy to play with my children, and I am enjoying life! What a difference 7 weeks can make. :carrot::cp:

Nolawhodatchick
01-13-2013, 10:36 AM

I have noticed that I am losing a lot of hair starting last week. At first, I thought it was my imagination. But in the last few days, it's become very clear that I am indeed losing a lot of hair. So for me, it hit at around week 13 or 14. So 3 1/2 months OP. It is very disheartening :( I never lost any hair during pregnancy and post-pregnancy while nursing, so this is new for me. I was going to try adding Biotin today. Any other suggestions, anyone?

Chloe222
01-13-2013, 10:40 AM
1LittleStar,
Great WI! Congrats on developing your personal power!

GeauxTigers82,
You must feel terrific losing 50 pounds! That's an impressive accomplishment, you are a role model to more people than you realize.

Re the grocery store clerk comments, it sounds like they meant well. I finding it interesting how people view different amounts of weight. Some people think 10 pounds is a huge amount of weight to lose, that losing 20 pounds is really amazing...and since perception can be reality, for them it is just that...But for me and so many others, 10 or 20 pounds just represents little bits of fat spread out here and there over the body.

Hi Chloe -- I used to have this cereal every morning (when I lost 60 lbs by myself in 2008) and it's great! Tastes good and I think it has a lot of fiber in it as well, so very filling! I'm lucky cause I can get it in my local grocery store and plan to start eating it again soon :) Have fun on vacation!

How nice to have local sources for products like this one! It is tasty!

It's great to be a role model for others. I've found it also helps me stay OP since I know I'm helping others, so there's something bigger than myself keeping me OP.

Great score on the clothes!! I bet they look gorgeous on you. Bet it was fun to go shopping.

Hi
Stay OP regardless of what it takes. You'll find you can substitute chocolate shakes for the candy. My food problem centers on sweets also and the shakes and hot chocolate are life savers. If you need to take extra naps, or bubble baths, or slow walks every day to distract yourself, by all means do it. I found reading inspirational articles in weight loss magazines, spending an extraordinary amount of time on 3FC (this website) to be incredibly helpful.

Distract yourself by all means! It's helpful to take up hobbies where you use your hands - like knitting, painting, writing, compiling your personal new cookbook of favorite IP recipes, etc.

I prefer Splenda as well...Stevia is just to bitter for me. The actual "sweetener" in Splenda is Sucralose. Walmart just picked up a liquid version of Sucralose called Sucralose-to-Go (sucralosetogo.com) and it was heaven-sent for me! Sucralose is not a carbohydrate so this liquid version has no calories/carbs and u can use at your hearts content:). I would imagine liquid Splenda would be the same, I have just never been able to find on store shelves.

Not all stevias are bitter. I found one which doesn't have a bitter aftertaste: Now brand, Stevia Extract. I buy it in 8 oz bottles online. You can also buy flavored stevias: Sweetleaf liquid stevia (I have english toffee, vanilla creme, chocolate, hazelnut). They are available from many sources, just Google.

Hi all,

I take my magnesium at night and its a natural muscle relaxant. Might be helpful for you to take your required magnesium then. I take it separately from my calcium.

gidgetonsweets
01-13-2013, 11:10 AM

I am so excited. Woke up with energy !

Sammie12
01-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Good morning everyone, hope your all having a great weekend. Great wi's this week. The subject of exercise in phase 1 my coach said I can do 20-30 min. of walking & also yoga was fine. I use my walking time as a great way to walk my dog. Loving this spring type weather today in Mass. I hope it never snows.

Suzali
01-13-2013, 11:29 AM
This is a big week for me. First weigh in is Tuesday. Get my surgical boot off Thursday after wearing it for 6 weeks. I started IP about 3 weeks after foot surgery. Couldn't have happened at a better time. I had gained a few pounds after surgery because all I could do was sit around and eat. I can't imagine how much more I would have gained if I didn't start IP. Going to the grocery store today to try some of the recipes I've read about.

Suzali
01-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone, hope your all having a great weekend. Great wi's this week. The subject of exercise in phase 1 my coach said I can do 20-30 min. of walking & also yoga was fine. I use my walking time as a great way to walk my dog. Loving this spring type weather today in Mass. I hope it never snows.

Thanks for the clarification on exercise. I wi Tuesday for the first time since starting IP and was going to ask about that. Since I get my surgical boot off this week I'm anxious to start incorporating some exercise into my daily routine. :woops:

maezy1
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
GIDGETcongrats on the energy! sugar withdrawals may be coming to an end!
OJEN let us know how ur doing today. Hope your energy returns soon too.
O GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW! Being homebound & not being able to do anything but rest has me going stir crazy! I'm ready to be a productive member of society again. hahaha I have followed my doctor's orders to a T so hopefully this will be the last surgery on this knee! third time's a charm!

Chloe222
01-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the clarification on exercise. I wi Tuesday for the first time since starting IP and was going to ask about that. Since I get my surgical boot off this week I'm anxious to start incorporating some exercise into my daily routine. :woops:

While a number of us exercise harder - its usually because either we've been doing that for a while before IP and are just continuing or there's an extenuating health issue and we make amends for the calories burned.

It appears the absolute best thing to do is just walk slowly during phase 1, if you must exercise. You will get maximum fat loss that way, see the pounds drop faster. Gentle stretching is fine.

Remember IP is a PSMF (protein sparing modified fast). Not a lot of calories to begin with, so be careful. Read Dr Tran's book - find it on his website - find the link in the first post of this weekend chat (or the daily chat). It's filled with good explanations.

Suzali
01-13-2013, 11:48 AM
While a number of us exercise harder - its usually because either we've been doing that for a while before IP and are just continuing or there's an extenuating health issue and we make amends for the calories burned.

It appears the absolute best thing to do is just walk slowly during phase 1, if you must exercise. You will get maximum fat loss that way, see the pounds drop faster. Gentle stretching is fine.

Remember IP is a PSMF (protein sparing modified fast). Not a lot of calories to begin with, so be careful. Read Dr Tran's book - find it on his website - find the link in the first post of this weekend chat (or the daily chat). It's filled with good explanations.

Thanks for the clarification Chloe. Prior to my surgery I was an avid walker. 3-4 miles several times a week. I know it will take a while to build back up to that because of my foot but I like the idea of getting back into it slowly. I will check out the book. So much to learn!:dizzy:

Bellamack
01-13-2013, 11:49 AM
This is a big week for me. First weigh in is Tuesday. Get my surgical boot off Thursday after wearing it for 6 weeks. I started IP about 3 weeks after foot surgery. Couldn't have happened at a better time. I had gained a few pounds after surgery because all I could do was sit around and eat. I can't imagine how much more I would have gained if I didn't start IP. Going to the grocery store today to try some of the recipes I've read about.

I am out of my boot too, what a pain. tee hee

Have a miserable cold, but pushing through, can't really taste anything. lol

GeauxTiger82 _ CONGRATULATIONS!

off to my sewing cave :)

lisa32989
01-13-2013, 11:51 AM

Altho Dr Tran's book IS available online (see first post of this thread for a link) there is a newer version that is available through IP. As with anything scientific, there ARE updates. I have not done a side-by-side analysis to determine what the updates ARE but it seems less confusing than the first book.

Chloe222
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Lisa,
Is there a digital version of the new book? (and available to all?)

lisa32989
01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Lisa,
Nope. It is just hard copy
Ideal Protein IS in this for the $$ ;)

evepet
01-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Lisa,

IP is definitely in it for the $$. I'm not quite sure what I expected, but for $29.00 I was expecting at least a hard cover book. Instead it's a soft covered 5.25" x 8.25' 'booklet'... 150 pages in all. I'm not exactly sorry I bought it, as I at least satisfied my curiosity... but I was disappointed and hardly thought it worth the $$. Just my opinion, of course. :)

It's called 'Ideal Protein... Because it's your Life' by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh.

1LittleStar
01-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Yeah! I just got a signature. I feel like I'm part of the club now! Can't believe I first posted only 20 days ago...

kaylae24
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I started IP today! I am so excited/nervous! I had the crispy cereal with a lil cinnamon! It wasn't half bad! :D I have a question my local health food store sells stevia drops with vanilla and almond extract! it was all 0-0-0 but it did contain some natural alcohol in it. Does anyone know if we can we have this on IP?

Chloe222
01-13-2013, 01:11 PM
IP is definitely in it for the $$. I'm not quite sure what I expected, but for $29.00 I was expecting at least a hard cover book. Instead it's a soft covered 5.25" x 8.25' 'booklet'... 150 pages in all. I'm not exactly sorry I bought it, as I at least satisfied my curiosity... but I was disappointed and hardly thought it worth the $$. Just my opinion, of course. :)

It's called 'Ideal Protein... Because it's your Life' by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh.

Evepet,
Was it considerably different than the previous version (the one that was on his website last year)? I'm assuming you read that since I know you like to do research, and are really good at it.

BTW, any update on leptin supplements?

Thanks,
Chloe

Chloe222
01-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah! I just got a signature. I feel like I'm part of the club now! Can't believe I first posted only 20 days ago...

Star,
You'll find that time flies on IP, and the wonderful thing is that you are continuously losing weight so the pounds melt off and the seasons change, summer comes, and you look and feel so much better. You will have a wonderful summer.

gidgetonsweets
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks Much for the help ... Did Aromatherapy Bath took some advil and doing just great. IP is great started friday and promised i wouldn't touch the scale. Well it was in my path in the bathroom. So i jumped on it. Lost 5 lbs this weekend. Now i have energy and i am excited. I have tried many diets and this is the one for sure.

PamC
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM

Lisa, am just seeing this now...not sure how I missed it earlier. That's a great suggestion actually, will definitely do that for next event I go to. I did pretty well, didn't cheat at all with the food, not even a bite. I had my dinner right before I left, so was nice and full.

Relapse, thought I was over this nasty cold, just to cough all night and feel crappy today. hmmmm at least I am not hungry!
Stay warm and op!
I'm feeling like something is coming back today too, hopefully not too much of a rebound, I can't afford to miss any more time from work!

WorldTraveleronIP Best of luck!! Planning is key. I am still getting the hang of it!!:o
PamC I have been dying to see Les Mis but no one to go with!! I love the Dill Pickle Zippers. Yum Yum and the serving is huge.

I'm excited to try them! You should just go see Les Mis! I happen to be going with a friend today, but I go to the movies all the time by myself. I don't hesitate, though I was a little nervous the first time I did it, but once I settled into my seat it was fine. When you go to the movies you don't talk to the person you're with generally anyway, so it's no big deal. If there's a movie I want to see and no one around to see it with, or that wants to see it (or in the old days if I just had a mad craving for buttered popcorn), I just up and go. :)

So awesome, congrats! Reminds me of years ago when my grandmother used to say after I'd lost a few pounds, "Now, make sure you don't get too thin, dear." Ha! Like that would EVER happen, Grammy. I like food way too much.:D

Hi

Gidget, welcome! If you can just get through the first week, it will get so much easier. Sugar withdrawals are the worst. It's hard to believe, but once you are in the zone with this program, your cravings will really go away.

GeauxTigers82
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Just added a new siggy pic :)

My mom looks so hot! I am proud of her! She lost around 45 lbs in 6 months.

ragdoll74
01-13-2013, 02:01 PM

You both look great!

1LittleStar
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM

You both look amazing!!

Willi
01-13-2013, 02:36 PM

You both look hot!

1LittleStar
01-13-2013, 02:54 PM
So, I did it! I bought my charm bracelet. Thanks to this board for such a good idea.

I bought the following charms: A (first letter in my name), star (because of my name on here), elephant (my oldest daughter's favorite animal since she could say elephant), and hummingbird (my youngest daughter loves all birds and feed them throughout the year - except spring when bears might show up to eat the seeds!). It also came with a bonus heart one, so that will represent my husband.

Of course, I have not lost 50lbs yet! But I ordered it online, so by the time I get it, I might be at 40lbs, and will wait for 50lbs to add the 5th charm. Then, it will be shopping time again! LOL

evepet
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Evepet,
Was it considerably different than the previous version (the one that was on his website last year)? I'm assuming you read that since I know you like to do research, and are really good at it.

BTW, any update on leptin supplements?

Thanks,
Chloe

Some of it was a bit different and fairly motivational. A lot was repetitious from what I'd already learned about the IP philosophy of weight loss, and weight loss in general.

I'll give you the Content Page:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

THE KEYS TO LOSING WEIGHT

Preamble: What I know About Beauty and Women - page 11-15

Introduction.... 17 - 21

PART ONE: ENDING THIRTY YEARS OF MISUNDERSTANDING - pgs 23-50

By Way of Preface: Diets are a Pain!
1. Accountable, but not Guilty
2. Is Losing Weight Only a Matter of Willpower?
3. Every Pound Has a Story
4. Weight and Pleasure, the Principle of Connected Vessels
5. Treating Yourself When You Don't Like Yourself
6. Weight loss, a Sacrifice or a Gift?
7. Having or Being?

Conclusion: Finding Yourself Again Through Weight Loss - page 48-50

PART TWO: DIETS - pg 51 - 86

By Way of Preface: Firefighting and Bricklaying are Two different Professions - page 52

1. No opposing Schools of Thought
2. Why do the Pounds Refuse to Come off?
3. Why One Diet Rather than Another?
4. What is the Solution?
5. What are the Steps to follow?
6. The Transition Phases
7. The Second Contract: Weight Stabilization
8. Ending the Criticism that Protein-Sparing Diets are Dangerous

The Weight-Loss Process at a Glance - page 85

PART THREE: UNDERSTANDING YOUR BODY - page 87 - 109

Introduction: If you want to take Part in a Car Rally, You Need to Know Mechanics

Weight Loss Mechanisms - pg 89

1. How Does Weight Loss Occur?
2. Some Facts on Ketone Bodies
3. Insulin Threshold

Your Questions Answered:

1. What is Sugar?
2. Why is Sugar Bad, and why is it wrong to forbid it?
3. the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method: The Begining, the End or an Illusion?
4. what are the Pros and cons of the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method?
5. Do Overly Restrictive Diets Cause More Eating Disorders?
6. Is Water Retention a real or an imagined problem?
7. Is Cellulite a disease?
8. Will physical activity make you lose weight?
9. Can physical activity replace proteins?
10. Comments made
11. Tips for carrying on. - pg. 107

PART FOUR: TRUE STORIES - page 111 through 124

(stories of some individual dieters)

CONCLUSION: page 127
APPENDICES page 129-144
Dieting & Calories
Could protein intake adversely affect your body? page 132
Weight gain and metaboic syndrome: the role of insulin & glucagon - page 134
Calorie Chart page 136
Glycemic Index Table page 141
Foods Permitted during the Weight-Loss Phase page 143
Body Mass Index (BMI) page 144
Glossary - page 145-147
Bibliography - page 148 - 150

As to the leptin supplements, I haven't had time to really delve into it as much as I will, but at this point I think I'm giving up on the idea. I've read comments (just like the one that Patns found) that make me think supplements aren't necessarily the best way to go. Not unless I went to a naturopath or equivalent professional, and got what I considered to be a trustworthy opinion on what was a good supplement. There are too many 'hoaxes' out there and I'm nervous about messing with the balance of my hormones. From what I'm reading I'm feeling more like eventually adapting an eating style that supports leptin supplementation naturally. I ended up buying the ebook version of 'The Leptin Boost Diet' by Dr. Scott Isaacs, and have been reviewing his ideas and basic protocol. I think once a person is at their weight goal, that it wouldn't be too hard to switch over into this leptin-supplementing eating lifestyle. There are a few authors who have written on this subject, and they don't all seem to agree on the best protocol. I definitely need to read more.

GeauxTigers82
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys!

GeauxTigers82
01-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Also - some people I know from facebook are in on a dietbet . com game.

It's $5 to join, and all you have to do is lose 4% of your weight in 1 month. If you do, you get your money back. Then you split whatever is left over with the others that lost their 4%. It starts tomorrow! If you want the link, pm me! The pot is already at $235 I believe!

Suzali
01-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Just bought a huge jar of dill pickles at Sam's Club. Since IP I've had cravings for pickles just like when I was preggers 22 years go! Must be that estrogen surge my coach told me about. Haha, just kidding.

mrskuby
01-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi everybody!! I cheated last night...It wasn't a horrible cheat but I feel like crap today! We had over 40 people show up for our bday party and of course a lot of good things made it into my kitchen. Oh well!!!
Back OP today and I know I will be fine!

Suzali
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM

No kidding. I decided to buy all my packets for the month to have some variety. That's a big chunk of change. But if I think about how much I would spend going out to eat and gaining weight, it's worth it. I look at it as an investment in me. :):)

teacherri
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Just bought a huge jar of dill pickles at Sam's Club. Since IP I've had cravings for pickles just like when I was preggers 22 years go! Must be that estrogen surge my coach told me about. Haha, just kidding.

Is there a particular type of Dill Pickles we're allow to have? and how much?

IdealProteinNewbie
01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Dill pickles are on the select veggie list. As long as they don't list sugar as an ingredient use whatever ones you prefer. I love Vlasic!

learning to fly
01-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi dieters, I have a question: have you prepared packet foods for a day or two in advance? I am going for a short trip and in particular I have in mind preparing ahead of time broccoli-cheese soup with cooked broccoli in it and blended together into a creamy soup, and preparing ahead of time potato puree. Also wondering how puddings hold up if you prepare them a day or two in advance. I'm wondering if the foods start to have weird texture, or start to taste strange or are easy to spoil, or... any reason why I shouldn't prepare them in advance? Basically, I don't feel like dealing with microwaves, dishes, cutlery, etc etc when I'm there, specially since it will be a busy schedule. I will be taking my own meat and soup veggies, and some ready to drink drinks.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi dieters, I have a question: have you prepared packet foods for a day or two in advance? I am going for a short trip and in particular I have in mind preparing ahead of time broccoli-cheese soup with cooked broccoli in it and blended together into a creamy soup, and preparing ahead of time potato puree. Also wondering how puddings hold up if you prepare them a day or two in advance. I'm wondering if the foods start to have weird texture, or start to taste strange or are easy to spoil, or... any reason why I shouldn't prepare them in advance? Basically, I don't feel like dealing with microwaves, dishes, cutlery, etc etc when I'm there, specially since it will be a busy schedule. I will be taking my own meat and soup veggies, and some ready to drink drinks.

Not sure about the soups but I make puddings a day or two ahead of time. I actually prefer them that way...they are extra thick and cold!

pekelvr
01-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Well I went to a Holiday dinner last night. Did great with the exception of garlic bread and a baked potato. Two bites of hubbies dessert and I called it done! I could have done so much more damage so I am not going to beat myself up on the indiscretions....

mompattie
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
I am so excited. Woke up with energy !

Hello ketosis!!! It just gets better!

You girls look awesome! Well done!!

Maria7
01-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi
How do you mark a post to your favorites?
Is jello allowed, the kind you get from the grocery store, I don't like the ip version.
Thank you

amberjules
01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Hi all,

I've had the leg pains before as well. Mine was not drinking enough water but also detoxing from sugar. Sugar would always make me have restless leg syndrome. It also could be not enough sea salt since IP is low in sodium.

You're doing an amazing job! Thank you on the blog. I have fun with it, keeping track of my progress, blogging my recipes. That's one thing great that's come out of IP is figuring out all the new ways to eat and cook.

Star,
You'll find that time flies on IP, and the wonderful thing is that you are continuously losing weight so the pounds melt off and the seasons change, summer comes, and you look and feel so much better. You will have a wonderful summer.

I totally agree. Time does fly by on this diet. For me it's because I know exactly what I need to continue to do to lose weight since I already have most of my foods from IP ready to go and I'm not hungry most of the time. So less hunger reduces temptation for cheat foods. I feel for once in my life that I can actually lose weight and reach my goals. It's a very empowering feeling.

No kidding. I decided to buy all my packets for the month to have some variety. That's a big chunk of change. But if I think about how much I would spend going out to eat and gaining weight, it's worth it. I look at it as an investment in me. :):)

HA! I did the same thing. I really wanted the variety like I would if I just had groceries in the pantry or the variety I might get from going out to eat. So if I'm hungry for salty or sweet I have that variety. It is a bit of an investment up front, but it's worth the variety. :carrot:

mompattie
01-13-2013, 06:48 PM
amberjules. Your blog is beautiful!!!!!! That mocha frappacino looks heavenly! Does it taste as good as it looks??

StarSeeker
01-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds like we are all starting off the morning right! Did an 11-mile run at 6:00am, enjoying a spinach smoothie and car shopping this afternoon. Its kind of a gray day today, so no park with my son - but he will have fun when my in-laws babysit while we look at new cars. We are also babysitting for friends tonight and their little girl is my sons age, so I am sure that will be a fun "date" for them.

Bubbleblower-I did light exercise in P1, walking and weightlifting. Just listen to your body and fuel up!

Worldtraveler-congrats on the reboot! Sounds like you are all set up for success.

Pamc-also sounds like you have planned ahead too. That is sooooo key, not just for P1, but for life.

Sahmommy-Have fun picking out a wedding outfit! And I am sure you are happy to have a germ free house!

LosingLawyer-I hear you on the early morning workouts, a little "unnatural" on the weekends, but really feels great to knock it out first thing!

Your Before and After photos are so Inspiring!! I am completing week one tonight and WI tomorrow morning at 830am. I love seeing before and after photos. You look awesome!

scorbett1103
01-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi
How do you mark a post to your favorites?
Is jello allowed, the kind you get from the grocery store, I don't like the ip version.
Thank you

RE: Jello - anything that is not on the sheet has to be 0 carbs, 0 fat and 0 sugar. As long as the jello fits those rules it's fine. Also, it's not a "requirement" but it's a good idea to avoid any that use aspartame as the sweetener.

Suzali
01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Dill pickles are on the select veggie list. As long as they don't list sugar as an ingredient use whatever ones you prefer. I love Vlasic!

I love Vlasic too. The zesty are my favorite. Decided to make my own version of zesty by adding lots of fresh garlic, jalapeños, and crushed red pepper to the jar.

PamC
01-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Just got back from seeing Les Mis a little while ago. Movie was excellent, better than I expected, loved it! Also loved the dill pickle zingers. They were the perfect snack to eat instead of popcorn. It was my first time trying them, and they're not bad at all...and it's a generous portion, so I was very happy crunching away. :)

De11s
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM

You both Look Amazing!;)

lisa32989
01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
I pre-prepared 2 omelets (with added veggies) and some of Rainbowsmiles' "buns" made from the potato puree for a trip back in Sept. Those worked fine. I've pre-made the soups and had a veggie puree in them for 2-3 days in advance & it worked fine. It looks like someone else already answered about the pudding. For the hot items, you'll still need a microwave.

PamC
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Sorry for such a newbie question, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Can you make the omelet in a microwave? The directions only mention stovetop. I'd like to make it at work, but wasn't sure how it would turn out in the microwave.

Bellamack
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
hmmm, don't see why not but I make mine on the stove. I think you could in the microwave, just use a dish with high enough sides in case it creeps

learning to fly
01-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Not sure about the soups but I make puddings a day or two ahead of time. I actually prefer them that way...they are extra thick and cold!

I pre-prepared 2 omelets (with added veggies) and some of Rainbowsmiles' "buns" made from the potato puree for a trip back in Sept. Those worked fine. I've pre-made the soups and had a veggie puree in them for 2-3 days in advance & it worked fine. It looks like someone else already answered about the pudding. For the hot items, you'll still need a microwave.

Oh great! Thank you guys. I'm glad to know the products hold up well after being prepared - ie no separation, getting watery or weird etc. I'm not too worried about heating my foods as I like how they taste cold or at room temp.

Btw, when I asked the question, I thought to myself "I hope Lisa will see my question because she always seems to have tried everything and I bet she can give me the answer." :D

lisa32989
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh great! Thank you guys. I'm glad to know the products hold up well after being prepared - ie no separation, getting watery or weird etc. I'm not too worried about heating my foods as I like how they taste cold or at room temp.

Btw, when I asked the question, I thought to myself "I hope Lisa will see my question because she always seems to have tried everything and I bet she can give me the answer." :D
:hug: I haven't pre-made pudding (but now I know it works!) and I know NOTHING about the bars/cookies. I've avoiding them b/c I don't want to get hooked on the "taste of sweet stuff".
But this IP group is one, big family and together quite a wealth of knowledge! I have learned TONS here and wouldn't be doing as well as I've done without the support of the whole IP 3FC family!

IP43
01-13-2013, 10:46 PM
You're wise to stay away from the bars Lisa. I've already said I'll need a 12 step programme to wean myself off those babies. But for some of us chocoholics, those soy puffs or a good caramel nut bar .... I'm sure it's like a Nicorette patch to a smoker! (not as good as the real deal, but helps the cravings)

lisa32989
01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
You're wise to stay away from the bars Lisa. I've already said I'll need a 12 step programme to wean myself off those babies. But for some of us chocoholics, those soy puffs or a good caramel nut bar .... I'm sure it's like a Nicorette patch to a smoker! (not as good as the real deal, but helps the cravings)
Dark Chocolate pudding for me. It isn't quite as sweet as some of those other things.

Great Dane
01-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Hmm...been eating Phase 2 since Wednesday and I bet I've gained about 1.5" on my waist. (only offset by the bottom of my bum missing. Tried on skinny jeans at the store today and I didn't fill them out there!!!) The scale is up too. Been making sure I am drinking lots of water, measuring, etc. Hoping it will even itself out soon!!!

Ojenchilada
01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Wow, what an active board! I am already loving you guys--the helpful atmosphere and such amazing results!! I can't wait to spend more time here and get to know you all.

Gidget--glad you had a better day!

For me, today was easier than yesterday but I definitely can't say I am 100%. I managed to stay OP despite lots of running around all day and evening.