Ideal Protein Diet - Ugh made a mistake last night!

View Full Version : Ugh made a mistake last night!

AAAMom
01-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Oh my, I was running errands after work and wasn't going to have time to make diviner (I was going out last night), so I ordered from 5 Guys (no bun, loaded the veggies). Well the hamburg is still sitting in my stomach! Ugh! LOL

AlisonS
01-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Well that is probably close to being on program, probably a little light on protein but at least not as highly carbed as some choices would have been!

You would probably like the 'Big Mac in a bowl' recipe, have you ever seen that? Basically it is a lean beef patty in a bowl with lettuce, onion, tomato (if it is a tomato day) and WF Thousand Island dressing.

You are fairly new to program, once you get in the groove having things on hand becomes pretty automatic! Stay with it, you can do it! : )

scorbett1103
01-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Five Guys doesn't put any filler in their patties, so you didn't actually cheat unless you ate the bun :) But you may be having an issue with the fat content - don't sweat it, drink lots of water today and just pick up where you left off!

PamC
01-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Five guys is great isn't it! One just opened up not too far from me, haven't been there yet, but have been to the one near my sister's house a few times. I don't think it sounds like you cheated. They use high quality meat and most of the fat would cook out when they grill it. As long as you didn't eat the bun or their amazingly delicious fries....which is why I really can't go there until after this diet is over. The fries are my favorite part of the whole Five Guys experience.

usmcvet
01-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I would not worry about a burger. Some times things happen, you made a pretty good choice.

RN2b4me
01-11-2013, 01:29 PM
I've been craving burgers since I started this and when we go out that is what I get. Burger with no bun, mustard and lots of pickles with a salad on the side. I LOVE it. I haven't had stalls that I have seen b/c of it.

fourstubbs
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
MMM I love burgers. We don't have Five Guys here but we do have Carl's Jr..so when we go out I have the 6 dollar low carb burger, lots of mustard...I crave those sometimes!! LOL... :) Plus Big Mac in a bowl is a staple here in our house...

AAAMom
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
I knew I stayed op it just sat like a lead balloon in my stomach!:barf: