Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 1/11/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 1/11/2013

lisa32989
01-11-2013, 07:09 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

IdealProteinNewbie
01-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Good Friday morning everybody!

Weigh-in today, wish me luck!

Nolawhodatchick
01-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning everyone-

Just finished reading last night's thread. Congrats to everyone on WIs yesterday, good luck to everyone with WIs today. And Oh My Goodness, congrats on the baby update, TIGEVR, and thank you for sharing!! Made me smile. As did your memory about Grandma, USMCVET.

I wanted to roll over a topic from last night. It was about how much water do you (honestly) drink. I have found that if I drink over about 100 oz of water in a day, my kidneys ache. I take that as a sign that my kidneys want me to stay below 100 oz. so I average 85-100oz daily. If it is slowing my losses, so be it, I can deal with that better than aching kidneys!

sonyainva
01-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Nola 100ozs is more than IP asks for 10 glasses of 8 ozs, that is 80 ozs. If you drink too much water you are diluting your electrolyte balance.

i am sure scorbett or one of the nurses can elaborate on this better than me.

Nolawhodatchick
01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Nola 100ozs is more than IP asks for 10 glasses of 8 ozs, that is 80 ozs. If you drink too much water you are diluting your electrolyte balance.

I agree. I tend more towards the 85oz end, but sometimes a bit more if I feel thirsty. I am amazed when I see people talking about drinking 120oz. I simply can't do that, it literally hurts my kidneys.

lisa32989
01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Re water
I average about 3 liters/day (~100 oz or so) sometimes more, sometimes less. Most of it is plain water. Sometimes herbal tea. Sometimes seltzer with Mio, especially if others are drinking.

ZERO diet soda - not on protocol. It would be a cheat. I had cut it out prior to IP and was drinking iced tea instead. I'm not having that either.

I'm down to drinking 1 c coffee in the morning & I use 1 c cold coffee in my morning dk choc/spinach smoothie M-F. I drink a c water before my coffee and another c after my smoothie. We make our coffee half caf.

With recent thyroid problems, too much ice in drinks is adding to my problems of being cold. Last nite I went out to dinner & drank 3-4 glasses of water. Switched to hot tea & then just asked for hot water with lemon. I need to remember to order no ice.

My! How my tastes have changed!

scorbett1103
01-11-2013, 09:32 AM

If you were guzzling it all in one sitting, yeah that might cause some issues. But if you are drinking (sipping) through the day, eating what you should eat and getting in your salt (which we can use liberally because of the water intake), 100oz or more is no big deal. If you avoided the salt and chugged all that water down THAT would cause an upset in the balance in your body - but over the course of the whole day the body has a fantastic knack for balancing itself out :)

mrskuby
01-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Good morning everybody!! I had a little NSV last night...I have been wearing one of my rings for so long that I could no longer get it off my finger. Last night I was messing around with it and I got it off! It didn't fall off by any means, but it actually came off! Such a small thing but it def shows that there are changes happening!

as far as water...I have a 30 oz water bottle that I fill 3-4 times during the work day and at least one more time at home. So I drink A TON of water...and pee A LOT!! LOL

A1Texan
01-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone. Another notch on my belt went down today. :carrot:

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 09:48 AM
mrskuby- that's a great NSV!

I drink about 40oz of water at work, then 48 oz or more in the evening. I try to stop drinking water an hour before bedtime so I'm not up 3-4 times during the night, but I am really thirsty in the evenings so that plan doesnt always work.

IP does call out for 10 - 8oz glasses, but I've also heard that you should be drinking at least half your body weight in oz of water. So someone who is 200 lbs should drink 100 oz.

Lynnie63
01-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I drink a ton (15 - 20 glasses!) of water during the work week and try to get a lot in on the weekends, it's just easier to do so at work.

If I'm eating out a a restaurant I will order seltzer with lime, it hides the chlorine taste in the water. At work and home it's just plain old water - at work it's mostly hot water. I have 1 or 2 cups of decaf coffee a day if any and this is a recent habit, over the past couple of months. I had lost my taste for coffee after having pneumonia a year ago or so.

Non - scale victory time - I never thought that I'd be waffling over buying a large or medium belt!

PamC
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I had a rough day yesterday for the first time on this plan. Was really hungry and not really feeling good about the diet. So much so that I had two little cheats last night, one was accidental and one wasn't. I was out to dinner for first time on the plan and thought I ordered well, got sliced steak and instead of the mashed potatoes asked for more grilled asparagus and had a side salad. I evidently didn't read the fine print that there was a sauce with the steak, a marsala mushroom sauce. I tried to avoid it, but did have a little.

We then met up with friends for trivia, and I had a small glass of red wine that I sipped all evening. Normally I'd have two or three. Next time I will just have water, because it wasn't even good, so why bother? Plus I sat watching my other friends who had just come from the gym, eat hot dogs with potato salad and a huge chicken salad sandwich. It looked good, but I felt good and satisfied with what I'd had and I'd been in such a funk all day that I only then realized that the pants I was wearing that were usually snug, were quite loose. Started feeling better about the diet.

Was a little nervous when I woke up this morning. Normally, when I'd go out on Thursday nights I wouldn't eat as well, and I'd have more wine and usually the scale reflected that the next day. I expected to be up at least a pound, yet before I got on the scale I noticed that my middle looked quite a bit smaller suddenly. And the scale was down two pounds!

But the best part, I measured my waist and yesterday it was 33 inches.....today it's 30! I must have been building to a drop.

So, I am not going to cheat again, no more wine for me. I'm excited that this really seems to be working and I don't want to slow it down a bit!

Thank you everyone again who encouraged me yesterday. I really was feeling down, but no longer. :carrot:

sneuse
01-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Morning everyone! Today is Day 5 of my reboot and I'm hoping for a good IP day. I've stayed completely on program despite my distress over dinner making me sick every night. I figure if I can give it at least one good full week, I'll feel better about whatever decision I make (whether to continue the reboot or not).

Tonight I plan to make big mac in a bowl and see how that does - last year I could never quite enjoy it (lettuce has always made me oddly queasy) but I'm going to season my meat heavily and hope that helps it all go down. Ended up with a raging migraine yesterday (not sure if it's stress, the diet, or both) so I just had chicken in broth. While it was easier than the other meals I've had since Monday, it was pretty hard to choke down near the end.

I'm trying to trust that it's just withdraws. Every morning I wake up thinking "I can do this, it'll get better, it did last time" but by dinner I'm having to literally talk myself out of hurling on the dinner table and I can't stop thinking "It was NEVER this bad, I can't suffer like this for months, there is NO way I can keep this up if it doesn't change".

I appreciate everyone's comments - tough love included! Someone mentioned I should look into the vegetarian threads which I plan to do later today. I wish I could talk to my coach about it all more, but she tends to take the approach of "if you're strong you can make it, if not I'm disappointed". Makes it hard! I know she thinks she's doing the right thing, but it just doesn't work on everyone.

Anyway, enough of my insentient rambling about myself. Good luck everyone and have a WONDERFUL day!

Bellamack
01-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Good Morning,

Spicy Thai-Style No-Cook Stir-Fry

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 1/2 cups): 165 calories, 3g fat, 440mg sodium, 14g carbs, 4g fiber, 7g sugars, 22g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 4*

This dish is all stir and no fry! Just grab some precooked chicken from the market (or make use of those leftovers!), and you're on your way to delicious-ville...

Ingredients:
1/4 cup low-fat Thai peanut salad dressing or sauce (like the kind by Litehouse)
2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
One 12-oz. bag (about 4 cups) broccoli cole slaw
10 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast
2 cups sugar snap peas, halved
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine salad dressing/sauce, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add dressing/sauce mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 15 minutes. If you just can't wait, go ahead and dig in!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
I always get the Hungry Girl emails and I thought this one could be IP friendly, maybe make the dressing with WF peanut dressing.

maezy1
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Good Friday Morning All!
Well its STILL raining in Louisiana! i get to go back to work on Monday, part time for now, and I am ridiculously excited. My knee is so much better though. I guess I will see just how much better next week

Water intake Well I was very fortunate to grow up with a mom who only drank water. In my college years I revolted but then went cold turkey on the sodas one time for Lent and have never picked up the habit again. I drink around 100oz a day but I have almost always drank this much water.
NOLA/SCORBETT what are the signs that your kidneys ache? This may be a stupid question but I haven't heard anyone say this before

usmcvet
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
I posted the memory about Grandma here first then on FB and it was funny, one of my sisters had the same memory but they were in the back seat because my grandfather was still alive, he died when I was an infant. My step mother remember the car too. It was fun talking about it.

I hope everyone has an awesome day.

Few NSV's, I've been wearing pants and belts that fit and going down in size but my shirts are still way too big. I am not wearing them anymore. A few people have commented recently on my Wl I know it's because I am wearing polo shirts that fit. I have some regular shirts on order but until then it's polo shirts, man they're comfy.

De11s
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Good Friday morning everybody!

Weigh-in today, wish me luck!

Good Luck! Hope your weigh in leaves you smiling!:D

Halfagain
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Good Morning! Happy Friday
Sneuse's thoughts on lettuce made me think back... I too have tummy troubles with lettuce at times over the years. Not always, and not now, but it has happened before. Not sure why.

One thing I've done with IP and the unlimited lettuce is I don't buy bagged lettuce anymore. I enjoy fresh much more and with the amount I'm eating, it better be great. I haven't had the issues with the freshly prepared lettuce (knock on wood).

AnnaBoBanna
01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Good Friday Morning All!
Well its STILL raining in Louisiana! i get to go back to work on Monday, part time for now, and I am ridiculously excited. My knee is so much better though. I guess I will see just how much better next week

Water intake Well I was very fortunate to grow up with a mom who only drank water. In my college years I revolted but then went cold turkey on the sodas one time for Lent and have never picked up the habit again. I drink around 100oz a day but I have almost always drank this much water.
NOLA/SCORBETT what are the signs that your kidneys ache? This may be a stupid question but I haven't heard anyone say this before

Kidney pain is usually felt in your back, right below the ribs. Have you ever gone to the doctor and they put their hand on your back/side and then tap their hand? They are looking for kidney pain/issues.

Nolawhodatchick
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Good Friday Morning All!

Hi Maezy-

Still raining in NOLA this morning too. Dreary is the best way to describe the weather this week. I am ready for the sun! I can only tell you what my signs of kidney overload/ache are, but here goes: It feels like a backache, except it is in two specific places on either side of the back, right around the bottom of the ribcage. I thought it was a backache at first, then realized it happens when I drink a ton of water during the day,...though usually the ache comes later at night or the next morning, and usually it lasts about a half day to full day. The one warning I have heard from the doctor on this diet is it to be careful as it can be hard on the kidneys, and over-hydrating really drove that point home for me...keeping in mind that all our bodies are different, and what is too much water for me can be just fine for others.

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
I posted the memory about Grandma here first then on FB and it was funny, one of my sisters had the same memory but they were in the back seat because my grandfather was still alive, he died when I was an infant. My step mother remember the car too. It was fun talking about it.

I hope everyone has an awesome day.

Few NSV's, I've been wearing pants and belts that fit and going down in size but my shirts are still way too big. I am not wearing them anymore. A few people have commented recently on my Wl I know it's because I am wearing polo shirts that fit. I have some regular shirts on order but until then it's polo shirts, man they're comfy.

Watching Wheel of Fortune always makes me think of my dad. He watched it everynight, and as a kid I can remember laying on the floor and watching it with him while he sat on the sofa. We lost him over 7 years ago, and miss him everyday.

Nice NSV!
People definitely notice the weight loss more when we aren't hiding it under clothes that are too big.

my31rewards
01-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Today is my first Weigh In! I'm excited because I'm wearing some jeans that haven't fit in months! Can't wait to see what the scale says. I started on Monday - but went to the clinic last Friday - so it's hasn't been a full week yet.

maezy1
01-11-2013, 12:24 PM
SCORBETT , NOLA & ANNA thx for the info. I'm going to check this out when I go to my dr. My bloodwork has always been great but I expect that it will be even better this time around. Glad to have nurses on this site!!!

Starshine
01-11-2013, 12:28 PM
SCORBETT , NOLA & ANNA thx for the info. I'm going to check this out when I go to my dr. My bloodwork has always been great but I expect that it will be even better this time around. Glad to have nurses on this site!!!

Agreed! The information from these wonderful people is just so very helpful! Thank you!

And good luck with your blood work, Maezy!

AnnaBoBanna
01-11-2013, 12:36 PM
So, today was my first weigh-in for my restart. I'm going at it alone with alternatives after gaining some weight back over the holidays.

I am happy to say, I've lost:

7.6 lbs!!!!

I feel so awesome, and I missed feeling great in my own skin. Hopefully my clothes will start to loosen up again over the next couple weeks LOL.

Thanks for all the help and support!

sonyainva
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
So, today was my first weigh-in for my restart. I'm going at it alone with alternatives after gaining some weight back over the holidays.

7.6 lbs!!!!

I feel so awesome, and I missed feeling great in my own skin. Hopefully my clothes will start to loosen up again over the next couple weeks LOL.

Great restart

mrskuby
01-11-2013, 12:47 PM

7.6 lbs!!!!

That's awesome!! So good for "going it alone"! :D

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Nice Anna!!!!

Hgamroth
01-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Sneuse's thoughts on lettuce made me think back... I too have tummy troubles with lettuce at times over the years. Not always, and not now, but it has happened before. Not sure why.

One thing I've done with IP and the unlimited lettuce is I don't buy bagged lettuce anymore. I enjoy fresh much more and with the amount I'm eating, it better be great. I haven't had the issues with the freshly prepared lettuce (knock on wood).

I cannot stand the taste of bagged salad. I only eat fresh cut lettuce. It does make for a bit longer prep time but as long as my salads are pretty and fresh, I do not tire of them.

7.6 lbs!!!!

AWESOME Anna!!!! Great job!

AnnaBoBanna
01-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Thank you!! This was just the boost I needed. And these forums are just what I needed!

lisa32989
01-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I appreciate everyone's comments - tough love included! Someone mentioned I should look into the vegetarian threads which I plan to do later today. I wish I could talk to my coach about it all more, but she tends to take the approach of "if you're strong you can make it, if not I'm disappointed". Makes it hard! I know she thinks she's doing the right thing, but it just doesn't work on everyone.

I'm not going to comment on all of the negative ways you have framed your experience. What IS working for you? What positive can you focus on? If the plan is that bad for you then why do it?

What I AM going to comment on is a coach who is making it about HER! We aren't doing ANY OF THIS for our COACHES! Why in the world would we care if the are disappointed or not? geez....what an adolescent way of managing clients. She'd be FIRED if she were my coach. And I'd tell her why while firing her (rather than just leaving with no feedback).

maezy1
01-11-2013, 01:20 PM
ANNA wow great loss! you are the "poster woman" for perseverance!!!!

De11s
01-11-2013, 01:28 PM

7.6 lbs!!!!

Great JOB!!

Willi
01-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Anna - great restart!

sahmmommy2
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
A1Texan - Great NSV! You'll be shopping for a new belt and pants in no time. Keep up the good work!

MrsKuby - Awesome NSV! I just got my wedding ring back on after not wearing it for 5+ years. I know how great that felt!

PamC - We all have our weak moments. The longer you stick with the diet, the more you'll realize that the little cheats aren't worth it. They don't necessarily make you feel any better. I will admit, it is awkward to sit around while everyone else is enjoying their food. I just remind myself that this phase of the diet is only temporary and it's not worth it. The results speak for themselves. I would much rather see the weight off than indulge and regret it later!

It's always nice to get a visit from the whoosh fairy to keep you motivated!

Bella73123
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Re water
ZERO diet soda - not on protocol. It would be a cheat. I had cut it out prior to IP and was drinking iced tea instead. I'm not having that either.

Hi Lisa,

Forgive me for asking this, but I was the one that posted that I will occasionally have a "Zero" label beverage ie, Nestea Zero, which is sweetened with Stevia and much less often Coke Zero. I do not have a coach (only had one for 6 weeks), but I don't see anything on my sheet about no pop, it's not mentioned on there at all? These drinks both meet the 0/0/0 requirement, so wouldn't they just be counted as an extra, why are you calling them a cheat? :?:

PamC
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
A1Texan - Great NSV! You'll be shopping for a new belt and pants in no time. Keep up the good work!

MrsKuby - Awesome NSV! I just got my wedding ring back on after not wearing it for 5+ years. I know how great that felt!

PamC - We all have our weak moments. The longer you stick with the diet, the more you'll realize that the little cheats aren't worth it. They don't necessarily make you feel any better. I will admit, it is awkward to sit around while everyone else is enjoying their food. I just remind myself that this phase of the diet is only temporary and it's not worth it. The results speak for themselves. I would much rather see the weight off than indulge and regret it later!

Mandy, thanks so much! Yes, I agree, it's not worth it.

Hi Lisa,

Forgive me for asking this, but I was the one that posted that I will occasionally have a "Zero" label beverage ie, Nestea Zero, which is sweetened with Stevia and much less often Coke Zero. I do not have a coach (only had one for 6 weeks), but I don't see anything on my sheet about no pop, it's not mentioned on there at all? These drinks both meet the 0/0/0 requirement, so wouldn't they just be counted as an extra, why are you calling them a cheat? :?:

I'm glad you asked this, I was wondering the same thing.

mooselover
01-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Anna - Good job!!!

I just came back from my week 1 re-boot WI and I am down 3.5 pounds from a week ago. I am still above my goal by 2 pounds so I am going to stick with phase 1 for another week or 2. I would really like to be under my goal by a few pounds...

mrskuby
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Mandy, I can't imagine not being able to wear my wedding ring! You must have been psyched when you got it back on!!! :carrot:

Sammie12
TGIF so glad to be on my day off. Great job Anna on your wi. My coach said that I could have 1 diet soda if I am truly craving one. So far since I have been on this diet I stopped craving diet Pepsi. For water I drink 80 oz in a day. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day

Lynnie63

7.6 lbs!!!!

Anna - Good job!!!

I just came back from my week 1 re-boot WI and I am down 3.5 pounds from a week ago. I am still above my goal by 2 pounds so I am going to stick with phase 1 for another week or 2. I would really like to be under my goal by a few pounds...

Great Job both of you!!

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi Lisa,

It's part of the additional info we get from IP when first starting. See attached.

Editing to include a link that explains why http://www.wsafc.org/FRWC/Shared%20Documents1/FAQS_PROTOCOL-MEDICAL[1].pdf
Also note some flavored waters are not recommended either (flavored Aquafina, Dasani, etc).

De11s
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Anna - Good job!!!

Amazing!

Alohakiwi
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
First weigh in! Down 5 pounds and an inch in my tummy! Loving this

jmuroff1
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
lost 1.2 this week!!!! They are saying I should consider changing my goal to 150-155...or keep losing and see how i feel after every 5 pounds. They noticed im losing a lot slower, and im starting to physically get sick from eating chicken and some vegetables

mooselover
01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
I understand why they recommend a phase 1 week after the holidays :) My sugar cravings are once again under contol :carrot:

bubbleblower
01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
It's part of the additional info we get from IP when first starting. See attached.

Editing to include a link that explains why http://www.wsafc.org/FRWC/Shared%20Documents1/FAQS_PROTOCOL-MEDICAL[1].pdf
Also note some flavored waters are not recommended either (flavored Aquafina, Dasani, etc).

Interesting! I had overlooked that but I guess I wasn't really looking for the info since I don't drink soda. Thanks for sharing the info though as it's interesting background - and just in case I get the urge! I do drink a lot of sodium free seltzer (I've probably had about 70 ounces already today) and normally just put lemon in it.

Seems like a lot of us had the "hungrys" yesterday! I barely made it through the day without resorting to an extra packet, and that was even with red meat for dinner last night, which normally more than fills me up. I woke up hungry this morning, so after my normal cappuccino breakfast with coffee I decided to make a big lunch so I wouldn't end up starving again by late afternoon. Anyway, I made the rotini for the second time ever, and it did the trick! I added 2 cups of broccoli and collard greens along with WF garlic pasta sauce and salt and pepper. It actually was quite good in addition to being filling.

I had an "almost" NSV today. ;) When I first started IP, I had bought some clothes at Chico's (I know, silly time to buy clothes, but I needed some things for the trips to FL and to the Caribbean). Anyway, there was a pair of white pants I ended up not taking with me and they were still in my closet with the tags. For grins, I tried them on today, and they were huge whereas they had fit fine before. Since they still had the tags, I was able to take them back for an exchange, and I bought a pair that is down several sizes. They're snug but I think they'll be perfect for when I get to my goal weight. (I'm leaving the tags on and keeping the receipt in case they're not.) Now I have an incentive, and a goal to strive for other than just a number. :)

Congrats to all you rebooters on the losses. That's really great!!! And keep up the good work everyone.

Debrasb
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Happy Friday everyone. I'm happy to report a 1.8 loss this week (of course, wish it had been more....). So I am now 0.8 away from 50 pounds GONE! Next week I hope to be able to report just that, along with a tens-digit-change (my favorite kind, second only to a hundreds-digit-change!).

mooselover
01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
lost 1.2 this week!!!! They are saying I should consider changing my goal to 150-155...or keep losing and see how i feel after every 5 pounds. They noticed im losing a lot slower, and im starting to physically get sick from eating chicken and some vegetables

You have to listen to your body. I lost slowly the whole time. I went by my body fat percentage. Once I got down to the heart healthy range for my height I decided that was a good goal for me.

LosingLawyer
01-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Good morning everyone! Lots of great NSV's (and SV's) today.

Re: Water - I drink on average 125 oz a day - sometimes more. I drink it all plain. I also usually drink 1 - 2 cups of green tea a day. I don't really drink anything else, although I will occasionally have an iced tea if I'm eating out. I gave up soda back in May (I used to have one coke zero every day - as a pick me up in the afternoon at work), and I honestly don't miss it.

Reading the daily chat last night inspired me to make rutabega fries (for the first time in a few months). I'd forgotten how delicious they were! I think they taste even better than regular fries. I think I'll make them again over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!

Breezy414
01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Going to my first movie tonight since being on IP...this is a big deal because I have never said no to movie popcorn...even when on previous diets! Its a tough on for me...but I am determined. Anyone have suggestions on a snack I could bring myself?

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Going to my first movie tonight since being on IP...this is a big deal because I have never said no to movie popcorn...even when on previous diets! Its a tough on for me...but I am determined. Anyone have suggestions on a snack I could bring myself?

My personal favorite for the movies are the chocolate soy puffs. You can try one of the salty snacks if it would help keep you away from the popcorn.

Lynnie63
01-11-2013, 03:04 PM
So, at my weigh in the other day, I said to my coach that I sincerely doubt I will make 100# before going on the cruise seeing I'm going to phase off in two weeks and last week was -.4 and this week -1. She apparently didn't understand what I was doing (we've spoken about itmany times) and thought I was going to start Phase 3 on the cruise! Not sure how I would do that- take over the kitchen?

She's very nice, but I'm her first client and I feel like I know more about the plan than she does sometimes.

I'm ok with not making 100 before vacation, It will give me even more incentive to come back and kick butt after!

Lynnie63
01-11-2013, 03:07 PM

I haven't been yet. Maybe you could sneak in some celery with salt on it - would give the crunch and the salt. Or get a coffee to nurse - I dont tend to eat anything like popcorn with coffee. Our theater has a good snack bar including Starbucks.

Alma4343
01-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Wow, so many great things going on here today. I am down 1.7 lbs. Still not back to my pre-vacation weight but I will take it. Preparing to be 100% OP for my next trip which starts next Sunday. TGIF everyone!

You have to listen to your body. I lost slowly the whole time. I went by my body fat percentage. Once I got down to the heart healthy range for my height I decided that was a good goal for me.

Your picture is beautiful, you look great! Congratulations on all your weight loss.

Happy Friday everyone. I'm happy to report a 1.8 loss this week (of course, wish it had been more....). So I am now 0.8 away from 50 pounds GONE! Next week I hope to be able to report just that, along with a tens-digit-change (my favorite kind, second only to a hundreds-digit-change!).

WOW! 50 lbs is in your sights. EXCELLENT!:carrot:

Woohoo, another 1.2 GONE!:carrot:

Amazing 5 lbs! GREAT Job. This is awesome. :carrot::carrot:

7.6 lbs!!!!

GREAT loss! Congratulations. :carrot:

Today is my first Weigh In! I'm excited because I'm wearing some jeans that haven't fit in months! Can't wait to see what the scale says. I started on Monday - but went to the clinic last Friday - so it's hasn't been a full week yet.

Good luck at weigh in. Congrats on the new/old jeans! Fitting into clothes again feels so good. :carrot:

NinjaNurse
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Good morning everybody!! I had a little NSV last night...I have been wearing one of my rings for so long that I could no longer get it off my finger. Last night I was messing around with it and I got it off! It didn't fall off by any means, but it actually came off! Such a small thing but it def shows that there are changes happening!

as far as water...I have a 30 oz water bottle that I fill 3-4 times during the work day and at least one more time at home. So I drink A TON of water...and pee A LOT!! LOL

WOO WOO! My rings are falling off too. I love it!! (Although I don't want to lose them.)

Good morning everyone. Another notch on my belt went down today. :carrot:

Congrats!!

I absolutely hate bagged lettuce. (Although I am sure we eat it all the time at dinners or restaurants and don't know it.) I can't even look at it in the grocery store without gagging. I buy a few heads of iceberg, romaine at a time and prep them as needed. (I have a head sitting in my salad spinner drying now. I love salad and go through about 2-3heads a week on my own.

I do agree it sometimes speeds things up leaving my GI tract but I don't need it anyway.;)

Breezy414 Deffo take a bag of your fave restricted munchies. This is why I am not to keen on going to the movies anytime soon. Popcorn the saltier and gooier is my nemesis.
AnnaBoBanna Congrats!!
Usmvet How many more wks/days until your trip??? So very happy for you!!

Congrats to all who have had great WI's and NSV's.

As for kidneys and pain. I have never heard of kidney pain after drinking a lot of water. I would ask your Dr about it. I am more worried about all the protein, vitamins and minerals we need to take in regards to my kidneys.

Work tonight. It is TOM and I swear I could sleep standing against a wall. SO SO fatigued. My whole body aches. (Which of course is now freaking me out since we have flu patients everywhere.)
I am so so frustrated. I have lost 39lbs. I posted on a page I am on on FB and apparently all my family and friends saw it. While I don't really care, I didn't want to AW for everyone on FB, just sharing with the people in the group. ANYWAY, no one I work with or who has looked at me recently has said, oh you look like you lost weight. Today I dropped off DD and one of the teachers, who is also my friend, commented about the FB post. I opened my coat to show her and she said, oh your jeans are baggy and your face is thinner. All anyone can say if my face is thinner. Did I have 39lbs in my face??
Also it seems like I am not moving our of sizes as fast I what I've seen others do with this weight loss. I am still in size20's and I don't seem to be heading into 18 anytime soon. I am losing inches in my chest, legs and arms. Pretty soon I'll be an abdomen on sticks. I know it's crazy and I am not fishing for compliments, really I am not. I just feel like people still see me the same.

Vent over. Off to work.

Bella73123
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM

Well that sheet is interesting as it says that diet sodas are NOT contraindicated on the IP program. Contraindicated means that something is forbidden, or should not be used in a certain situation (ie on IP), however, since the sheet clearly says that they are NOT contraindicated, that means that they are NOT forbidden and that they can be used.

However, the sheet does go on to explain what the concern is regarding using pops, IE the phosphoric acid messes with the alkalinity of the diet. The sheet further states that "using sugar-free, carb-free drinks and diet sodas will not compromise your weight loss (providing you drink extra water if these drinks contain caffeine, remember an extra cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink, same thing here) the dieter who chooses to use these products a lot, will not receive all of the wonderful benefits of the program."

So although they are not a cheat, they are not encouraged. They will not interfere with your weight loss, however you will not receive the full health benefits of the protocol.

This was good information as I thought I was making a healthier choice by drinking the Iced tea and not the coke, but there is phosphoric acid in both. So after poking around a bit, some better pop choices, for those who choose to occasionally indulge, appear to be Diet Orange or Cream Soda Crush, as they do not have phosphoric acid. (I was using these but stopped because my kids were drinking them all LOL)

Alma4343
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
NinjaNurse: I get the face comment a lot too. I find with clothing sizes they move down faster the smaller I am. It took about 15 or more lbs to move from a 16 to a 14. It only takes about 8 to 10 before moving from a 14 to a 12. So, I am sure your sizes will start moving down too. You are doing EXCELLENT!

De11s
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM

Great Job!

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Well that sheet is interesting as it says that diet sodas are NOT contraindicated on the IP program. Contraindicated means that something is forbidden, or should not be used in a certain situation (ie on IP), however, since the sheet clearly says that they are NOT contraindicated, that means that they are NOT forbidden and that they can be used.

However, the sheet does go on to explain what the concern is regarding using pops, IE the phosphoric acid messes with the alkalinity of the diet. The sheet further states that "using sugar-free, carb-free drinks and diet sodas will not compromise your weight loss (providing you drink extra water if these drinks contain caffeine, remember an extra cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink, same thing here) the dieter who chooses to use these products a lot, will not receive all of the wonderful benefits of the program."

So although they are not a cheat, they are not encouraged. They will not interfere with your weight loss, however you will not receive the full health benefits of the protocol.

This was good information as I thought I was making a healthier choice by drinking the Iced tea and not the coke, but there is phosphoric acid in both. So after poking around a bit, some better pop choices, for those who choose to occasionally indulge, appear to be Diet Orange or Cream Soda Crush, as they do not have phosphoric acid. (I was using these but stopped because my kids were drinking them all LOL) Zevia also makes diet pop that is sweetened with Stevia, they have several different flavours, and none of them contain any phosphoric acid, so they would be the best choice for this protocol, I find them at my local health food store.

I'll have to see if I can find some of the Zevia soda. I haven't heard of it beofre now.

Bella73123
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
I'll have to see if I can find some of the Zevia soda. I haven't heard of it beofre now.

CORRECTION - ZEVIA soda does not meet protocol due to carb content - Sorry Ragdoll, I almost mislead you there, thanks for correcting me!

mrskuby
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I am so so frustrated. I have lost 39lbs. I posted on a page I am on on FB and apparently all my family and friends saw it. While I don't really care, I didn't want to AW for everyone on FB, just sharing with the people in the group. ANYWAY, no one I work with or who has looked at me recently has said, oh you look like you lost weight. Today I dropped off DD and one of the teachers, who is also my friend, commented about the FB post. I opened my coat to show her and she said, oh your jeans are baggy and your face is thinner. All anyone can say if my face is thinner. Did I have 39lbs in my face??
Also it seems like I am not moving our of sizes as fast I what I've seen others do with this weight loss. I am still in size20's and I don't seem to be heading into 18 anytime soon. I am losing inches in my chest, legs and arms. Pretty soon I'll be an abdomen on sticks. I know it's crazy and I am not fishing for compliments, really I am not. I just feel like people still see me the same.

Vent over. Off to work.

I feel for you! I have found in the past that the ones who notice are the ones we least expect to notice. But you know how much progress you've made! I've seen here in this forum how people find that their body shape doesn't seem to be changing much one day, then the next they have a "whoosh" and everything changes. Hang in there!! You can only get better from here! :hug:

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Here is the website, http://www.zevia.com/

It seems that a lot of their cola type products contain Tartaric acid which is derived from grapes, so maybe avoid those ones too, as I think Tartaric is stronger than citric acid? I think the others would be ok, they have citric acid, but we are allowed lemon juice so shouldn't be an issue since I think overall moderation is the key.

My feeling is they are a good way to break up the monotony of water for those that are struggling. I have been drinking one ice tea Zero per day, now that I have seen this sheet I will be changing that to one of the non-cola Zevia's.

Thanks! The website says they carry them at my local grocery store.

*just noticed they all have 7 grams of carbs*

Bella73123
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM

Nice! Did you notice they have printable coupons online?

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Nice! Did you notice they have printable coupons online?

Checked all the flavors nutritional value and they are either 4 or 7 grams of carbs. I don't want to do anything to slow down my weight loss.

Bella73123
01-11-2013, 04:11 PM

*just noticed they all have 7 grams of carbs*

YIKES - You are correct! I have not used them since starting IP, so I guess that isn't a good alternative either! I'm going back to edit my post, I don't want anyone getting messed up because of me :(

Bella73123
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Checked all the flavors nutritional value and they are either 4 or 7 grams of carbs. I don't want to do anything to slow down my weight loss.

So that just leaves the Diet Orange and Cream Soda Crush, sweetened with Splenda as a non-phosphoric acid pop.

maezy1
01-11-2013, 04:22 PM
NINJANURSE My family is up north in New England and they have no idea that I am doing this eating plan either. That is one of the reasons I don't post pics....yet. I was in your predicament for a while with those exact same sizes! All of the sudden something changed and I went flying through 18W and am currently in 16 regulars. It kinda freaked me out just a little bit!

As for sodas ..... A woman at work is also on the IP program and has at least one diet coke every day. She lost weight fast and is in maintenance. I am certainly not recommending her way. My clinic told me that if I am just dying for a soda then watch the carb/calorie/sugar content and go ahead but try not to make it a daily event. I gave up sodas a long time ago so my craving for them has gone. Every once in a while I will have one. I had one in November and lost 3.6 that week and 2.6 the next week so I think it is more the unhealthy side effects of soda.

sneuse
01-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Quick question! Anyone made hamburgers in the skillet, and if so, how did you season them?

I rarely like homemade burgers because they all seem to be lacking in flavor (my dad is a salt and pepper only type) and dry. I figure using a skillet versus the grill will help combat the dryness, but I'm not much a spice/season guru.

Any advice?

Also, would it be weird to make them with a mix of beef and turkey? I tend to do this with taco meat as you can rarely tell, but didn't know if a burger would be more obvious.

Would much appreciate input!

Kwucut
01-11-2013, 04:30 PM
I agree. I tend more towards the 85oz end, but sometimes a bit more if I feel thirsty. I am amazed when I see people talking about drinking 120oz. I simply can't do that, it literally hurts my kidneys.

Me either! I drink my 80 oz and thats about all I can handle. I have quit drinking tea cause I consume so much water I dont have room or desire for tea anymore! :dizzy:

exactor
01-11-2013, 04:31 PM

Vent over. Off to work.

Don't be too frustrated with other people not noticing your weight loss. Nobody noticed on me either (other than my family) until I hit about 50-55 pounds. I kept thinking "I look just as fat as I did when I was so many pounds heavier". But just the other night, I saw a group of friends who I see every month and they told me that it looked like I had just lost all of my weight overnight, that from one month to the next there was such a huge difference. So don't let that discourage you because all of a sudden one day it will be so apparent to everyone that they won't believe it and you'll get noticed by everyone!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Down 2.5 today, ticker rounds up so total is 85.5!

Just about 2/3's of the way there!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Just a little vent because I know you all understand...

Today at work I saw a patient I haven't seen in about a month. She said "you're losing weight" to which I replied "yes, I am." She then proceeded to say "that's what I thought because the last time I saw you, you didn't look good, but you look better now." WHAT?

On the other hand, another patient I also haven't seen for a month came in, looked right at me, my boss and another co-worker and said I was disappearing. Clearly not true because I still have 45+ pounds to go, but it sure felt nice!!!

mquinn106
01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Quick question! Anyone made hamburgers in the skillet, and if so, how did you season them?

I rarely like homemade burgers because they all seem to be lacking in flavor (my dad is a salt and pepper only type) and dry. I figure using a skillet versus the grill will help combat the dryness, but I'm not much a spice/season guru.

Any advice?

Also, would it be weird to make them with a mix of beef and turkey? I tend to do this with taco meat as you can rarely tell, but didn't know if a burger would be more obvious.

I cook all my burgers in the skillet in the winter. I don't eat red meat so can't comment on that. But with chicken and turkey I put a little bit of oil in them to keep them moist, zucchini is also a good way to make them moist. For seasonings I like to grate garlic into the meat and sometimes I'll add basil. Another good one is red pepper and ginger. I'm a spice freak. Depends on what you like, if you like tacos how about cumin and chili powder? Good luck!

A1Texan
01-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Another successful WI - down another 2lbs...WhooHoo

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Ninjanurse it took a really long time for my waist to catch up with the rest of my body also. I couldn't switch to lower sizes because of it, and all my pants had a saggy looking rear. Once my waist decided to cooperate, i started lowering sizes every 15 lbs.

Sneuse....i like using garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in my homemade burgers.

lisa32989
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Any advice?

What spices do you like? I use garlic pepper, some lawrys seasoning salt (or Old Bay...I've really come to love Old Bay since I've been on IP) and some Franks Hot sauce to kick it up a notch. Also celery salt works well. I put all my seasonings on the meat before making into a patty, rather than putting on top. I think the season stays in better that way. Sear the outside then cook slowly & don't overcook & it should be moist. Lower fat meat needs lower heat to retain moisture, anyway!

pocahontas812
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Any advice?

I tend to keep my home made burgers simple...liberal (and I really mean liberal!) salt and pepper mixed into the ground beef before shaping into patties. This gives them more flavor and the salt helps to keep them moist. Turkey tends to have less flavor and is drier than beef, so you may not want to add turkey if your goal is to avoid flavorless and dry burgers. If you do choose to mix beef and turkey, make sure you cook them to well done....ground turkey needs to be cooked to a higher temperature than beef before it is safe to eat.

Breezy414
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
All I have been thinking about today is a Big Mac in a bowl!! I cannot wait to try this for supper!

lisa32989
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Don't be too frustrated with other people not noticing your weight loss. Nobody noticed on me either (other than my family) until I hit about 50-55 pounds. I kept thinking "I look just as fat as I did when I was so many pounds heavier". But just the other night, I saw a group of friends who I see every month and they told me that it looked like I had just lost all of my weight overnight, that from one month to the next there was such a huge difference. So don't let that discourage you because all of a sudden one day it will be so apparent to everyone that they won't believe it and you'll get noticed by everyone!

I'm over 56 lbs now and people are just starting to notice. I think it has to do with the amount overweight I was. I still looked so overweight to them, they just didn't see it. (Really, even after I lost a BUNCH of weight, I was still extremely obese. THAT is what others around me saw). For the longest time I got compliments on my new hairdo - which hasn't changed- but helped me realize people were noticing SOMETHING (they just didn't know what - yet).

Today at a work meeting, I wore a new outfit with well-fitting clothes FOUR sizes smaller than when I started (new pics coming). Lots of comments today but it really is the first time at work. Friends who know what I'm doing are sort've looking for it and comment more readily.

I haven't moved out of sizes as quickly as others, either. It is all in how we carry our weight. Since I have that "apron" of low belly fat, it slows down changes in pants size. I had a pretty big inch loss at my last WI (5 total). That is the biggest inch loss I've had at a WI.

Hi Lisa,
Forgive me for asking this, but I was the one that posted that I will occasionally have a "Zero" label beverage ie, Nestea Zero, which is sweetened with Stevia and much less often Coke Zero. I do not have a coach (only had one for 6 weeks), but I don't see anything on my sheet about no pop, it's not mentioned on there at all? These drinks both meet the 0/0/0 requirement, so wouldn't they just be counted as an extra, why are you calling them a cheat?
It looks like ragdoll answered (thanks!). My clinic would consider diet soda a cheat. I CAN have seltzer water if it doesn't have phosphoric acid. I was given the extra sheets at the beginning about what to avoid and have incorporated it into my plan.

lumielumes
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Today is day 3 and I have been doing well. Today I just want to eat everything for no reason and I am not even hungry...so I am feeling kind of frustrated. Went into CVS and saw my favorite candy that only comes out at Easter time and I thought I was going to cry. I just quickly left. Kind of want to lock myself in the house where I know I am safe. But that is not realistic. :( I know this day is almost over and I can overcome the urges. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

lisa32989
01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Today is day 3 and I have been doing well. Today I just want to eat everything for no reason and I am not even hungry...so I am feeling kind of frustrated. Went into CVS and saw my favorite candy that only comes out at Easter time and I thought I was going to cry. I just quickly left. Kind of want to lock myself in the house where I know I am safe. But that is not realistic. :( I know this day is almost over and I can overcome the urges. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.
Withdrawal is tough. You are in the right place b/c we have all been through it (some of us many layers of it). Sugar is really as powerful as a drug (I call it a powerful drug). Easter will come again next year and you will get to decide if that candy is worth it after you have your new body.

Once ketosis kicks in really strong, that stuff won't even bother you. Give it time and until then, you're right, it IS best to avoid the hard stuff.

scorbett1103
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM

Vent over. Off to work.

OK lady. Back away from the ledge. Then read the response I quoted above yours a few times :) The scale isn't lying, and whether it takes 10lbs or 60lbs for people to REALLY notice when you've lost weight, you know where the numbers are for real. I am taller than you and my weight is distributed differently, and it still took me losing almost 30 pounds before people started asking if my hair was different. 40lbs before people actually noticed that my body was shaped differently. Yes, now people comment every day but I am SIXTY TWO POUNDS down, and only 5-10 from where I will stop. It was a while before I truly could drop down sizes, for me it is my thighs that stay big until the last minute. It will happen, just keep on rockin the diet like you have been!

Any advice?

Here's a site with a few homemade spice mixes, I have used the Montreal mix several times and love it!
http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2011/06/15/make-your-own-grill-seasoning/

IdealProteinNewbie
01-11-2013, 07:16 PM
On the Simply Bar website the Lemon Coconut bar is listed as 16g carbs and 4 g fiber.

On netrition.com it lists 10 g carbs and 4 g fiber.

Does anyone have an actual bar they can look at for me? Thanks!

SweetShe
01-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Any advice?

We cook hamburgers in a skillet in the winter as well but we only use salt to season them...But, for turkey burgers, I normally saute green peppers and onions, cool the mixture first, then mix it in to the turkey meat before shaping into patties, then cook with a little oil in the pan. My family loves them. I will try it now with just peppers while on IP.

evepet
01-11-2013, 07:32 PM
I really like turkey burgers made with this recipe: http://diettalktoday.com/how-to-jazz-up-8oz-of-turkey-burger/

I recall Wingnut&me tried the same spice combo on beef during the summer, but can't recall now what her verdict was.

I generally use this recipe and grill them on my Foreman Grill.

fam4me
01-11-2013, 07:38 PM
So great to see all the losses and re-boots! Had my WI Wednesday. Missed the previous week so 3.5 pounds and 2" over the last two weeks. Hit 92.25 pounds and 90.4 inches gone:)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-11-2013, 07:54 PM
So great to see all the losses and re-boots! Had my WI Wednesday. Missed the previous week so 3.5 pounds and 2" over the last two weeks. Hit 92.25 pounds and 90.4 inches gone:)

Wow!!! Way to go!!!

LosingLawyer
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
On the Simply Bar website the Lemon Coconut bar is listed as 16g carbs and 4 g fiber.

On netrition.com it lists 10 g carbs and 4 g fiber.

Does anyone have an actual bar they can look at for me? Thanks!

I noticed this too. I ordered a box off of Amazon after seeing the good reviews from several folks here. The box says 10 g carbs and 4 g fiber, but the actual bar says 16g carbs and 4 g fiber. I use them as a restricted item.

bubbleblower
01-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Another successful WI - down another 2lbs...WhooHoo

Congrats!! We started at just about the same time (I was a bit earlier) and are losing at about the same rate. I'll have to pick up the pace a little, though, to keep up! :)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I noticed this too. I ordered a box off of Amazon after seeing the good reviews from several folks here. The box says 10 g carbs and 4 g fiber, but the actual bar says 16g carbs and 4 g fiber. I use them as a restricted item.

That's so weird. Thanks, I will use as restricted too.

PamC
01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
"Originally Posted by fam4me
So great to see all the losses and re-boots! Had my WI Wednesday. Missed the previous week so 3.5 pounds and 2" over the last two weeks. Hit 92.25 pounds and 90.4 inches gone"

Congrats! That's inspiring.

LosingLawyer
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM

You are looking fantastic!

A1Texan
01-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Congrats!! We started at just about the same time (I was a bit earlier) and are losing at about the same rate. I'll have to pick up the pace a little, though, to keep up! :)
Thanks bubble. I was hoping for better and faster results but I can't complain since I'm losing at a steady rate. Let's keep each other motivated :)

mooselover
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Just an FYI to all of you still losing or recently begun maintenance. I have been on maintenance 5 months and just recently my husband and I have noticed that my body is filling out better. Right after the weight loss I looked sunken in some places more than others. My body has adjusted and I don't feel like I look so funny anymore. It just takes some time for the body to adjust to it all I guess.

bubbleblower
01-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks bubble. I was hoping for better and faster results but I can't complain since I'm losing at a steady rate. Let's keep each other motivated :)

Sounds like a plan! And when you think about it, an average of over 2.5 pounds a week ain't too shabby! It's certainly way better than any other diet I've been on (and sustained for any length of time) in recent years. :carrot:

Hgamroth
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Just a little vent because I know you all understand...

Today at work I saw a patient I haven't seen in about a month. She said "you're losing weight" to which I replied "yes, I am." She then proceeded to say "that's what I thought because the last time I saw you, you didn't look good, but you look better now." WHAT?

On the other hand, another patient I also haven't seen for a month came in, looked right at me, my boss and another co-worker and said I was disappearing. Clearly not true because I still have 45+ pounds to go, but it sure felt nice!!!

It is wonderful when people start noticing. Great job!!

I noticed the same thing when I purchased a box of simply bars. I used them as a restricted just to be safe.

Congrats to all the losers today!!!

RareBird
01-11-2013, 09:33 PM

Thank you for this. It answered so many of the questions about IP filling my head.

NinjaNurse
01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
:oTo all of you who let me ramble about my pity party. I truly appreciate it.
ragdoll74, alma4343, mrskuby, exactor, maezy1, and lisa32989 I am drooling over all sorts of cute clothes for Spring and Summer and can't wait to wear them.

Maezy1 Where is your family up North??

Oh Scorbett you just saw me run past you, do I look like I lost weight?? Beside the 39lbs in my face???:o:D

Cannot wait to go home, watch my wedding shows, have my curls w/ salad and relax this w/e!!!

Breezy414
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Big Mac in a bowl....AMAZING! Thanks to whoever came up with it!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/sliderbug/lb/265/150/265/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

scorbett1103
01-11-2013, 09:44 PM
:oTo all of you who let me ramble about my pity party. I truly appreciate it.
ragdoll74, alma4343, mrskuby, exactor, maezy1, and lisa32989 I am drooling over all sorts of cute clothes for Spring and Summer and can't wait to wear them.

Maezy1 Where is your family up North??

Oh Scorbett you just saw me run past you, do I look like I lost weight?? Beside the 39lbs in my face???:o:D

Cannot wait to go home, watch my wedding shows, have my curls w/ salad and relax this w/e!!!

LOL nope all 39lbs was in your face. Goof :)

meilach
01-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone today marked the end of my first week on IP. It's not too bad so far but I have hunger pangs all most all the time and even after I finish my packets. Have any of you found it took a little longer for your appetite to go away?

I went for my first weigh in today and I'm down 4.5lbs and 4 inches...pretty good I guess but I was a little disappointed because I've heard of some people, including a friend of mine, loosing 11 lbs in their first week.

meilach
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Big Mac in a bowl....AMAZING! Thanks to whoever came up with it!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/sliderbug/lb/265/150/265/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

It's the best thing I've had since I started IP!!

ragdoll74
01-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Lumielumes- It gets a lot easier as you get farther into it. The candy will still be there next year when you are in maintenance.

Fam4me- way to go!

maezy1
01-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Mooselover thx for that info. even though I have a lot left to lose I wondered if things evened out once I get in maintenance.
meilach celebrate! You did wonderfully for your first week! Yes, some may lose more but you are losing at great speed! What other diet has doen this for you in one week? YOu r gonna love the results if you continue (((hugs)))
ninja my family is in Connecticut and Massachusetts

meilach
01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks so much! It's definitely putting my willpower to the test! lol

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

LizRR
01-11-2013, 11:30 PM
It's TGIFF IPeeps!!! WHOO-HOO!!!! The midnight lurker is online (well, 9pm lurker...but feels like midnight to me! Such an early bird now). I started out the day with a short 2-mile treadmill run before my 6am Bodypump class. I am adjusting my schedule to fit in Bodypump 3x/week and Running 25-30 miles/week (4 running days/week). I have my long 12 mile run tomorrow at 6am.

Still chugging along in maintenance - feeling strong and athletic! There was a woman in Bodypump who was noticably pregnant, she was ADORABLE! A strong, fit frame with ~6-7 month belly bump. I meant to talk with her after class, since we are going to start trying for #2 soon, but she left at the end when we did abs. I'll try to catch her next time - my newest inspiration!

Morning everyone! Today is Day 5 of my reboot and I'm hoping for a good IP day. I've stayed completely on program despite my distress over dinner making me sick every night. I figure if I can give it at least one good full week, I'll feel better about whatever decision I make (whether to continue the reboot or not).

Hey sneuse! Good to see my Texas girl back!!! I meant to comment before - have you thought of just doing 5 IP packs/day for your reboot for a week and see how it goes (aka, IP Bootcamp). Also, I know the IP Cellulite Reduction Protocol is something people do for 2 weeks, it states no 'whole protein' at dinner (no meat, fish poultry), basically a veggie omelet dinner or IP packet which sounds right down your alley.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/265168-cellulite-reduction-protocol.html