Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Default Back again. Trying WW.

I'm back and I have decided to try weight watchers. I have tried counting calories, ideal protein, low carb and everything else you can think of. I'm just using a few super awesome iPhone apps. Heard of Fooducate? It's fantastic. I suggest it if you have an iPhone. But then again, I'm not sure what I know right now! HA! I am going at this alone. I know, I know...But I need to make a change. I have the basics down. I am on day 4. I haven't weighed since day 1 so I don't know what my progress is so far. Do I need to be eating ALL of my points every day? I am finding that I have 3 or 4 points left over every day. What can I expect to lose per week? Is there an average or is everyone different? Does anyone have any other advice? What do you use your bonus points for? Sweets? Alcohol? Anything hints, tips or tricks are welcome! Thanks so much!!

Last edited by oksoitsjen; 01-11-2013 at 12:10 AM.
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

You should aim to eat all of your points everyday. Everyone is different at first weigh in some have big losses others don't.I use my weeklies for pizza on Fri. night. Stay off the scale weigh yourself once a week at your meeting.You can drive yourself crazy with daily fluctuations.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/216/175

Height: 5'6"

HI. I am new to this site and thought I would pipe in on my first thread. I joined WW last year and lost 13 lbs in a matter of 3 months... then I got a new job, bought a house, etc etc and let myself slip. WW works as long as you continue to track your points. I joined WW Monday and chose Thursdays as my weigh in date. WE CAN DO IT! good luck. oh, and I almost always have left over points for the day, weekends are my downfall and I usually use my extra points on the weekend as I like my wine.
PCOSsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I have been using up my points for the day. I have been trying to allow myself a few "happy points" every day. I fit it in my daily points, but will allow myself to have a piece of total crap (within 3 points or so, so just a small amount)such as chocolate or one small rice krispy bar. Then I don't feel like I'm so deprived of the things I love. I used my extra points for a football party we went to last weekend, and one night we went out for a drink after a basketball game. But I still only used about 15 of them last week. This week I haven't used any yet - but the weekend is here, so we'll see how it goes.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/206/150

Hello Im not new but haven't posted much. Not new to WW either but wanted to chime in here. This week was an awesome week I lost 6.4 lbs. I do online only. It does work if you work it fully not partially like I had been doing for the past two years.
Naddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbyforty View Post
You should aim to eat all of your points everyday. Everyone is different at first weigh in some have big losses others don't.I use my weeklies for pizza on Fri. night. Stay off the scale weigh yourself once a week at your meeting.You can drive yourself crazy with daily fluctuations.

I am only weighing once a week. Mondays. I am trying to eat all of my points, its just hard to do without going over! But going over a point or two is ok right? I just pull it from weekly points?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCOSsux View Post
HI. I am new to this site and thought I would pipe in on my first thread. I joined WW last year and lost 13 lbs in a matter of 3 months... then I got a new job, bought a house, etc etc and let myself slip. WW works as long as you continue to track your points. I joined WW Monday and chose Thursdays as my weigh in date. WE CAN DO IT! good luck. oh, and I almost always have left over points for the day, weekends are my downfall and I usually use my extra points on the weekend as I like my wine.
I am tracking everything in my tracker, even if it is 0 points. I started Monday and I am weighing in on Mondays. I can't wait to step on the scale Monday!! I love some wine, too! I am actually doing a fast right now...I am fasting alcohol for 28 days. So I am hoping that will help really kick start the weight loss! So glad you are on the site! Glad to have other people starting the same time I am!! Did you lose weight this week?

Last edited by oksoitsjen; 01-11-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie8674 View Post
I have been using up my points for the day. I have been trying to allow myself a few "happy points" every day. I fit it in my daily points, but will allow myself to have a piece of total crap (within 3 points or so, so just a small amount)such as chocolate or one small rice krispy bar. Then I don't feel like I'm so deprived of the things I love. I used my extra points for a football party we went to last weekend, and one night we went out for a drink after a basketball game. But I still only used about 15 of them last week. This week I haven't used any yet - but the weekend is here, so we'll see how it goes.
Today was day 5 and finally found something that fit in my points and made me happy! Reese Cups!!! My weekly points reset on Sunday and I haven't used any of them! I don't know how I will use them all in the next 2 days!!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddles View Post
Hello Im not new but haven't posted much. Not new to WW either but wanted to chime in here. This week was an awesome week I lost 6.4 lbs. I do online only. It does work if you work it fully not partially like I had been doing for the past two years.
WOW! 6.4 pounds is great!!! Are you working out as well as doing WW??