100 lb. Club - Your Favorite Mini-Goals

View Full Version : Your Favorite Mini-Goals

lunarsongbird
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
As I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey- I have been contemplating mini-goals.

What have you been some of your favorite mini-goals?

LaurieDawn
01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
I am excited to hear responses to this topic. I have only done weight-related ones, but I am considering adding exercise or strictness-to-plan mini-goals. Something to break up thr monotony of what really is a long slog. :-)

elvislover324
01-10-2013, 01:39 PM
My mini goals are more materialistic vs. pounds. I like to measure mini goals by clothes, necklaces (without extenders even!), how much room is between me and my steering wheel, sitting at a restaurant booth, etc.

Some of them I already met so it's definitely added to my motivation! My husband had Chinese food for dinner last night and it smelled sooooo good. But the jeans I have hanging for my next mini goal are far more important to me than chicken fingers and egg rolls. 6 months ago I would have gone for the Chinese food!

wanderer
01-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I used little milestones- 10 pounds, 10%, BMI changes, as well as exercise levels. Granted, I haven't come as far as many of the others, but so far, it has worked.

Veneficae
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
I try to look for things around my house that weigh what I've lost... and then I look for something that weighs the same as the next milestone. It just amazes me when I haul the cat litter in. I use the small bags, they weigh ten pounds each. Even though I've only lost one (almost 2!) of them, I can't believe how many of them I'm carrying around! At 20 pounds, I will have lost an AUTOMOBILE TIRE! What a great visual that is. When I reach my goal weight, I will have lost the equivalent of a baby giraffe. LOL!

lunarsongbird
01-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I used little milestones- 10 pounds, 10%, BMI changes, as well as exercise levels. Granted, I haven't come as far as many of the others, but so far, it has worked.

These are excellent mini-goals. And you have come PLENTY far! You have lost 60 POUNDS! Amazing!! You are halfway to your goal!! :carrot:

Beverlyjoy
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Look under my ticker... it's been five pound increments for me. Often when I reach my five pound mini goal I'll get myself a new lipstick, stationery, new hair clippie, special hand or body lotion, a pair of new socks, and such.

I too am looking forward to someday not being morbidly obese, obese or maybe overweight.

Onederland is a goal that is something I really look forward to.

Also, a dress or top that fits that didn't fit before.

chubbiegurl
01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Hitting the 130s but I would have to say getting to the 120s will be my favorite, cause that will mean I am almost done. Sometimes when I carry my 20 lbs kettle bell upstairs and think man this is heavy, I can't believe not to long ago I was naturally carrying those lbs up those stairs.

SmallSteps
01-10-2013, 02:06 PM

April Snow
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Moving down each "decade" - from the 250s into the 240s, etc. - is always a big deal to me.

lunarsongbird
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Moving down each "decade" - from the 250s into the 240s, etc. - is always a big deal to me.

I think this will be very exciting for me, as well. I think I will get a charm for a Brighton bracelet for each 10 pounds. Wearing it will remind me how far I've come and how I need to keep going.

I can't WAIT to get to onderland....it's been quite sometime since I've visited there.

elvislover324
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I can't believe how SKINNY I am going to feel when I get to one-derland. The last time I was in the 190s I felt like I was so big then. Isn't weird how our minds change over time?

lunarsongbird
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I can't believe how SKINNY I am going to feel when I get to one-derland. The last time I was in the 190s I felt like I was so big then. Isn't weird how our minds change over time?

Same here. I think I will appreciate hitting goal so much more. I just didn't realize that I had hit goal last time. I got to 149 and wanted to be at 135.

Mozzy
01-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I use five pound mini goals, plus the goal of onederland

elvislover324
01-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Same here. I think I will appreciate hitting goal so much more. I just didn't realize that I had hit goal last time. I got to 149 and wanted to be at 135.

149!! I'd feel like I was a piece of paper lol. I think 199 will be an instrumental moment (yes, I will literally hear "ta-dah" type music!) since I am determined to never ever go back over. Of course easier said than done but I am so over being in the 200s.

Elladorine
01-10-2013, 05:14 PM
I think this will be very exciting for me, as well. I think I will get a charm for a Brighton bracelet for each 10 pounds. Wearing it will remind me how far I've come and how I need to keep going.
I do a charm bracelet with a special bead/charm for each of the 10 pounds I lose. Right now I'm at 13 beads (some are temporary fillers)!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/183370_559970820698459_933516790_n.jpg

I have a whole thread about them here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/268452-my-visual-motivation-rewards-beads.html) if you haven't already seen it. :) Hmm, looks like I need to give it an update. :D

My next mini-goal is hitting 220, which will be pretty amazing for me since I haven't been anywhere under that since junior high! I'm pretty excited about that one and have no clue what kind of bead/charm I want to do yet.

elvislover324
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Elladorine, that's beautiful!!

Beverlyjoy
01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Often when I reach my five pound mini goal I'll get myself a new lipstick, stationery, new hair clippie, special hand or body lotion, a pair of new socks, and such.

Eladorine... it's a beautiful charm bracelet!!

lunarsongbird
01-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks for sharing, Ella! That's beautiful! I'd love to hear why you picked each bead. :)

SarahFairhope
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
I do a charm bracelet with a special bead/charm for each of the 10 pounds I lose. Right now I'm at 13 beads (some are temporary fillers)!

Ella - Its BEAUTIFUL AND BRILLIANT!!

I think mini goals are really important for me. I need the break down and to really "feel" the progress and I think its a good motivator NOT to backslide. Right now I'm .8lbs away from not longer being categorized as "morbidly" obese. Is it a bit arbitrary, sure, but still it means something to me to know if I hear the term, I'VE done the work to make the changes to have it NOT apply to me.