Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #1  
Connecticut

Default Ten Pounds At A Time #169: Slow & Steady & Healthy!

Greetings Everyone!

I decided to start a new thread as the other was a bit on the long side! Any new ladies (or men!) that are browsing thru the boards, all are welcome here. Our philosophy is simple: a few pounds or inches at a time is a very healthy and positive approach to getting healthier and trimmer. Some of us count calories, some WW points, some do Atkins -- whatever works for YOU is the key!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. BBIAM!
Old 05-03-2003, 04:57 PM   #2  
Connecticut

Default YO!

Okay, now I am back!

Yahoo, Pam, you finished your paper! I forget (old age ya know!) what courses are you taking? I hope you'll be treating yourself this weekend in celebration of a job well done.

Cathy, meant to tell you, I loved the photo of the sunset you posted -- I bet you could just sit outside for hours and watch. You certainly do live in a beautiful part of the world. Sorry I wasn't up to keep you company last night -- had a migraine and went to sleep at 7:30pm. I'm all revved up today as we are going out with another couple to a blues and BBQ place in Hartford. I did my 3 mile WATP just now and I am sweating like a ! It's suppossedly a great place and has a good rep. It will be fun .

Havn't heard from Dahlia, Grandma and Meg in awhile, and Emily and Cheri ---- hope you are all doing well. Dahlia, I hope you are upto your eyeballs in sales!

Better go take that shower -- actually a nice long bath with some Crabtree and Evelyn stuff -- planning on a good night with DH. I may be getting older, but I am not dead yet .

Adios!!

Terry
Old 05-03-2003, 06:03 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oooh Terry..i'm jealous i wanna go out too hope you have a great night my exciting Saturday consisted of going out for lightbulbs for the garden lights and buying some computer paper and i was off because after i'd bought it i saw it was 50c less at Walmart sometimes little things like that bug me
i told you this was an exciting day!!
Old 05-03-2003, 06:30 PM   #4  
Connecticut

Just getting ready to leave and Chris called -- he's 20 minutes away and his car died. Dad to the rescue! Cathy, jump on my shoulder, and I'll take ya there! Behave though!

Most of my weekends are like yours so don't feel bad -- the next time you go and party, I'll jump on your shoulder!

I think I hear them now .... see ya!
Old 05-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies
Now Terry..come on? you know i can't promise to behave
hope you're not feeling today and are fit to WATP's
It's cloudy this morning so i've no excuse not to try those new Pilates tapes hope i don't end up looking like a pretzel I have got some painting to do and what i'm painting is under the deck but that won't take me long so i guess its time to unwrap those tapes! BBL
Old 05-04-2003, 12:55 PM   #6  
Domestic Engineer

We woke up to snow this morning How depressing for May...at least there are leaves on the trees and it kinda sorta looks like spring under the white stuff. We desperately need the moisture so I shouldn't complain too much. And it will make everything nice and green right???

Terry- hard to say how much I gained this time- well it was officially about 25 lbs, but I my feet really swelled up at the end and I know a lot of it was water weight. With the other 2 I gained 40-45 and it did *not* come off easily. I probably lost about 15 with the deliveries and a couple weeks after, but it never "melted away" like it seems to be doing this time. As of this morning I am at my pre=pregnancy weight! (not saying much since it's my delivery weight with Brendan and Connor...) But I'll take it!! Now I can work on the rest.

Jim has the big boys at church and I'm going to catch a rest while Ian is sleeping. Later gals
Old 05-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #7  
Connecticut

Morning!

Howdy Em and Cathy -- it's a new beginning for all of us today! I was looking thru some old photos and came across some of myself that were taken after I lost all my weight the first time from WW and I am so depressed. I am keeping a pic on the fridge for motivation. In some I look too gaunt but in others I look pretty good -- waist, legs, cheekbones, collarbone .

If this doesn't do it for motivation, nothing will.

Had a great time at the Blues restaurant except that the band wasn't starting to play until 10pm and we finished eating at 8:30pm -- so we all went shopping instead. Best ribs I have ever eaten -- I do not usually order them because I am so fussy with them. And, Cathy, you were well-behaved!

Time to get a move on-- need to be at work early today.

MY goal for this week: 5 OP days (food and activity) in a row.

Anyone want to join me?

Always, Terry

Last edited by Cool Mom; 05-05-2003 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Terry..i'll join you i can't believe i reached for a bag of chocolate mini eggs this morning @ 7.30am and just because they were there and i was having a cuppa..then i looked at the clock and had second thoughts so they are back in the drawer..that is one bad habit i have..some people have a cup of tea or coffee and light up a cigarette i've never smoked but was brought up with the notion that when you have a cuppa you have a biscuit or some cake with it ANYTHING!!! you just eat.
So i'll have to make do with some brekky instead.

I can't believe i behaved Terry! Did you slip me a mickey and why don't you give us a peek of the slim you? i love to see pics.

Emily..what crazy weather you are having for May..it showed some parts of Alberta on the news and it looked just awful I just could'nt live in those conditions...even in winter! Hope it thaws and you are basking in sunshine soon.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #9  
Connecticut

Good for you, Cathy, for putting those dang chocolate eggs away! So far so good for points -- brought my own lunch to work too. Yogurt and a pita bread. Those pics have to be over 12 years old -- I'll scan them tomorrow morning. I was a size 4-6 after I lost weight. If I only knew then how easy it was to gain it all back ..... I never, ever would be where I am today. OK, in a rush -- soup's ready! Tomorrow ladies .... night!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #10  
Woman on a Mission

Hey all,

Yay, it's been snowing all day! Whoo Freakin Hoo!!!! See how happy and cheerful I am about it? They are forcasting at least 15-30 cm of snow for tonight and another 10-20 tomorrow. No end in sight until at least Thursday ! Emily, Karie and I are sure lucky aren't we? Can you tell I'm getting bitter about this? I love the moisture but geez does it have to be white....how about clear??? Clear I can handle..

Okay, off rant now.

Am having a good week so far. I am on track with maintenance and have been fluctuating between 149 and 151 so I'm happy. I believe WW allows you to be within two pounds over your goal weight so maintenance is going well so far. You all will be thrilled to note that me...Miss Slugga Bug..actually worked out 5 times last week. Yay me...hopefully this week will be the same.

Cat, good job on noticing the trend this morning. It's amazing how much grazing we can all do subconsciously. I also noticed your fabulous loss on the challenge. Great job !!

Terry, I can't wait to see those pictures. You are such a beautiful person now inside and out...please don't be so hard on yourself. Use that picture for motivation but please don't use it as a beating stick. I hope that doesn't sound harsh..I don't mean it to be. Just a loving nudge to remember you are a wonderful person. "kay??? You know I love you.

Emily, sounds like life is hopping for you now and I sure hope you got your rest in while Jim and the boys were gone. How is Ian? Hopefully you can post some pics soon on the Yahoo site. We're glad to see you back again. We missed you.

Well I guess that's it for me. Still waiting with baited breath to see the mark on my Intro To Accounting final. Only 9 more courses and that certificate is mine! I think I will regard school much the same way as weight loss and only look at it one day at a time. To say 9 more courses means 3-4 more years of night school and that's just a depressing thought

Sorry to ramble on...just feel the need to babble.

Take care all and hi to Dahlia, Meg, and Grandma G where ever you all may be. Hope all is well for you.

Pam
Old 05-06-2003, 10:56 AM   #11  
Domestic Engineer

Good morning everyone!
Pam- I did just post a picture on the yahoo site and look for more to come! I hear ya about the snow... I don't think we're getting as much as you are, but white is white eh?!?!? I don't know if I'd rather have rain...I'm ready for sunshine!! Great job on maintaining your weight BTW!

Cat- good job for putting the treats away. I haven't been doing so well in that dept...we've had so many meals brought in (I've been truly spoiled this time!) *with* desserts of course. And of course the cadbury creme eggs are still around and so cheap...

Terry- can't wait to see those pics too and ditto about being hard on yourself!! No self- defeatism (is that a word?) allowed! But if it works as a motivational tool then for sure put them where you can see them!

Well, it's almost 9 and I have to be at the chiropractor in a half hour. Boys still aren't dressed (but are fed!!) Talk to you later

Emily
Old 05-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies I did eat those eggs eventually but a lot later in the day..there is one bag left i could have them later or leave them out for hubby to woof I agree Em those creme eggs are still around and cheap..its the caramilk ones that have me hooked this year so far they are not making any difference (weightwise) so i hope i can carry on getting away with it but i really will try and resist buying more when i go grocery shopping (deep down i know i'll kid myself i'm buying them for hubby when i know in fact that they're really for me)

Hey Terry..if we ALL knew how easy it was to gain it back then none of us would be here and now that we DO know i hope we've all learned a lesson...What a great incentive..having a 'thin' pic to look at..i have mine from 2001 taped to my monitor..they were'nt exactly success pics because i did'nt reach my ultimate goal but they are great "on my weigh" pics and i can see a big difference between the before and the after ones so they help me to focus on doing it again. Hope your's will too!

Pam..you must be so sick of that darn snow! so much so that you sent Emily's mail to me..LOL! or did you send it to everyone? LOL
I'll keep my fingers crossed for your final marks!

Emily..i'm off to take a look at your little bundle of joy now..i might even post some "funny" pics that i have.

Last edited by cat90; 05-06-2003 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:35 AM   #13  
Connecticut

Morning!

Wake up!!

All right, Ms. Em, what a gorgeous group of young 'uns you have -- just wait until the testosterone flows and the girls start calling! Seriously, you have been blessed with beautiful children, and enjoy every minute with them because they grow so fast. And, we all look forward to more -- pics that is! But, you can have more kids if you want to too!

Pam, I do feel sorry for you and all that snow. You'll probably go right into summer and skip spring this year. Late snow does wreak havoc on the trees and flowers which want to bloom right now. Good job on the weight there, woman!!

Howdy, Cat! Thanks for all the encouragement and I have been doing much better this week. I am still trying to find a good time period for my exercise. Waiting until I get home from work is not working out well -- I am either too tired or I get around to it too late. I think starting today I will go back to mornings and just let some morning chores wait until I come home. I am trying to do it all, and it ain't working!

But, we will do this ladies .... I do remember how great I felt when I was thinner and I want that back again.

It's going to be a beautiful day -- in the low 80s. Better go and get my cup of tea -- it's been steeping for over an hour. Me thinks it's going to need to be nuked a bit -- ice tea wasn't in the plan this morning .

OK, girlfriends, let's get this show on the road! Have a wonderful Wednesday and concentrate on melting those pounds .... and that snow! :

Always, Terry
Old 05-07-2003, 12:22 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,

Terry it must be hard to fit in a workout when you have a job to go to even i find it hard to fit one in and i'm at home all day but i did open those Pilates tapes (at last) and i did the basics and some of the 20min tape yesterday..you would have had a laugh watching me one of the moves involves rocking back and forth..well, i could rock back but could i get up? could i heck..i was rolling around all over the place! think i need to practice that one. I took some new "before" pics yesterday afternoon so when i download them i'll post them over at yahoo.

Emily..what do the boy's think of their little brother? they look so cute took me a while to find the pic because i looked in your folder and it was'nt there hope you keep posting lots more!

Hi Pam..what you doing today? snowboarding? Terry's probably right it will all melt (one day) and you'll be roasting in the 90's in the meantime you can get lots of gym time in like last week so you'll be all buff when it happens! Just think how great you'll look in those tiny shorts this year!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 02:19 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

Back Again..i was just posting some new before pic's at Yahoo when i got an email from Em the pics are gorgeous Em i have some funny ones posted on Yahoo of my grand-daughter Olivia if you have'nt seen her yet
Closed Thread