Ideal Protein Diet - PCOS and IP

View Full Version : PCOS and IP

speterson
01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I have PCOS. I am looking for fellow PCOS and IP members.

AnnaBoBanna
01-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Hey there, count me in!!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-09-2013, 08:12 PM
You found one! I was diagnosed at 15 years old and have been struggling with my weight since I was 8 years old.
IP is the only diet that has ever worked for me. It's good to meet you!

IPdivajen
01-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Another one here. Losing the weight is the one thing that's finally regulated my cycles.

Ishbel
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Bumped a thread, there was/is a few of us, maybe some will come out of lurkdom :)

learning to fly
01-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I have pcos too... I hate chin hair the worst of all!!! :chin:

sarellpol
01-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Me too! I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago at 30. My PCOS was one of the driving forces in choosing IP. So glad to meet some cysters!

LizJazz
01-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I have PCOS too. Starting IP next Wednesday and I cannot wait!!

IP43
01-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Me too! I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago at 30. My PCOS was one of the driving forces in choosing IP. So glad to meet some cysters!

"cysters"... omg that was as bad as my "keto-SIS" joke... we have more in common than PCOS including WARPED senses of humour :dizzy:

I think there was an earlier PCOS thread which had some good info in it if I recall.

I'm always interested in learning more about PCOS as I don't really understand the different effects of the hormones. However one thing I did recently find out when googling "hair loss" is that it's a symptom of PCOS as well. Some people have that problem on IP, so we may be doubly doomed. With my luck, what falls off up top may end up on my neck or chin or something! ....sigh....

slmanci
01-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I have pcos too... I hate chin hair the worst of all!!! :chin:

Guilty!! Ex about 7 years ago. Needing help on what is best diet to follow as no one in my area seems to know much about PCOS!!

HATE the hair too!

AnnaBoBanna
01-11-2013, 12:45 AM
I have found this diet to be the only thing that works for me. Once I lost a chunk if weight,too,some symptoms started to ease up. I hate living with pcos, but losing the weight helps a lot!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Guilty!! Ex about 7 years ago. Needing help on what is best diet to follow as no one in my area seems to know much about PCOS!!

HATE the hair too!

To echo what Anna said, IP is the best diet I have found as well for insulin resistance (PCOS caused). I tried every diet and Metformin=nothing worked as long or as well as IP. Dr Tran has a very extensive website that explains the diet and why it works with insulin resistance. I encourage you to read all about it. You will notice your cycles changing, hormone levels changing as you lose weight on IP. It is truly amazing.

Good luck with what you decide. If you choose IP, we will be here for support :)

kmstacy
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I have had it since I was 14 (I am now 36)..I agree with earlier post the chin hair is the worst!

Ilovesugar
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I have PCOS too!

Anyone else dealing with infertility? I have for 5 years. I originally started IP in November, was able to drop 31lbs and finally get pregnant with my last IVF frozen embryos and sadly miscarried. I just restarted last week in hopes to drop some more weight (chin hair too) and get pregnant... Long shot but I'm hoping for a miracle! I do know that my body loves IP!

Best of luck ladies!

IP43
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Yep -- infertility an issue but we adopted and never regretted. My dr. always recommends the pill to regulate my horrific periods, reduce the facial hair, reduce the thick lining which I guess can lead to cervical cancer one day, however, I like the "hope" that one day some miracle can occur, so I put up with the facial hair, and awful cycles. I recently found out though, the difference weight loss can make in improving fertility chances. My gyno had said "it would help if you lost weight" but that's what I've heard all my life for my knee pain, shortness of breath etc. etc. I'm finally understanding how important weight loss is for the fertility journey. I'm mid 40s now, so don't really imagine I'll get pregnant, but wouldn't it be fun to tell my hubby one day... "Hey dear. Guess whaaa-aat?"...
If I have an IP baby, I'll name it "Tran" :)

LizRR
01-11-2013, 10:35 PM
I have PCOS too!

Anyone else dealing with infertility? I have for 5 years. I originally started IP in November, was able to drop 31lbs and finally get pregnant with my last IVF frozen embryos and sadly miscarried. I just restarted last week in hopes to drop some more weight (chin hair too) and get pregnant... Long shot but I'm hoping for a miracle! I do know that my body loves IP!

Best of luck ladies!

I don't have PCOS, but I know Tigerlvr52 was on IP and has PCOS and found out she is expecting an IP baby.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271704-off-ip-few-months.html?highlight=months

WorldTraveleronIP
01-11-2013, 11:39 PM
I have PCOS too!

Best of luck ladies!

I was as well. Though after losing weight my first time on IP, I was able to get pregnant twice this year, but have sadly miscarried both pregnancies. My last miscarriage was a week ago today, so I am currently grieving and recovering. I am re-starting IP on Sunday, the 13th. I hope to reach my goal weight this time and carry a baby to full term. I'm hoping for a miracle too! Hugs!

Ilovesugar
01-12-2013, 12:01 AM
IP43- yes, that would be amazing!!! :-) keep up the good work! How much have you lost?

Lizrr- thanks, doll. I'll have a look at the posted thread!

Worldtraveleronip- hugs! I'm so sorry! Sadly my first pg ended in m/c on December 19th. It was my 14th infertility cycle and 5th ivf, finally got that BFP then m/c. So I'm back here hoping for a surprise weightloss baby- log shot but I'm still hoping! Best of luck with this round? How much have you lost so far? Also, are you on metformin?

WorldTraveleronIP
01-12-2013, 12:11 AM
IP43- yes, that would be amazing!!! :-) keep up the good work! How much have you lost?

Lizrr- thanks, doll. I'll have a look at the posted thread!

Worldtraveleronip- hugs! I'm so sorry! Sadly my first pg ended in m/c on December 19th. It was my 14th infertility cycle and 5th ivf, finally got that BFP then m/c. So I'm back here hoping for a surprise weightloss baby- log shot but I'm still hoping! Best of luck with this round? How much have you lost so far? Also, are you on metformin?

I start again on Sunday (January 13th), so I'm sure my starting weight will change after my initial weigh in. I am not on Metformin. I tried it for a few months in 2005 and it did nothing, so I got off of it. I take thyroid for Hashimoto's (auto-immune low thyroid) and a variety of vitamins, probiotics and supplements :) I wish you all the best for an IP baby and hope for the same :hug:

sarellpol
01-12-2013, 07:29 AM
I have PCOS too!

Best of luck ladies!

Yup, IF here (MF in addition to PCOS). On top of everything I was DX with complex atypical hyperplasia (basically pre-cancerous lesions in the uterus) in late 2011. I spent almost all of 2012 on a break from IF treating the hyperplasia. Six months of meds was able to get rid of the atypia, but my oncologist won't release me back to my RE yet. This has been a tremendous wake up call since it's all tied in to PCOS and my weight, so I'm glad I found IP four weeks ago!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Yup, IF here (MF in addition to PCOS). On top of everything I was DX with complex atypical hyperplasia (basically pre-cancerous lesions in the uterus) in late 2011. I spent almost all of 2012 on a break from IF treating the hyperplasia. Six months of meds was able to get rid of the atypia, but my oncologist won't release me back to my RE yet. This has been a tremendous wake up call since it's all tied in to PCOS and my weight, so I'm glad I found IP four weeks ago!

Wow, you have been through a lot! :hug: I wish you al the best with IP and a future baby :)

kmc1021
01-15-2013, 05:14 PM
I have PCOS. Have had it for 12 years. I can't have children, can grow facial hair better than hubby and am fat! I started IP last spring and did really well, and go ill and had to stop. I got my period after 2 years of not having one back in may/June and have been pretty consistent since. Still no ovulating, and don't think I will, but happy to have a normal cycles.

Between going to the chiropractor and losing weight I have noticed I feel better overall, the ovarian pain isn't close to how it was, and I just have so much more energy. Was/is it easy to get here, not at all, but think it will be worth it.

Now if something can be done for the facial/body hair, I would be a happy camper!

leannekarella
01-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey there, I'm a PCOS'r along with a diabetic, because my PCOS wasn't diagnosed until I "turned".

Ideal Protein was suggested to me as THE diet for PCOS and diabetes because it helps with the insulin levels. I'm into week three and my glucose has stabilized! I'm so happy!!!

IP43
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
I bought myself a "No-No" and am going to see if that helps with the hair. I go for laser treatments on my face and it definitly made a difference, but the "7 treatment" they said ended about 10 years ago and I still have to go! LOL. Fortunately, it's "half-price" after the 7 treatments, and I do find I only have to go maybe 4-5 times a year now (at the most), so I don't mind payin' for that. I don't think I want to "No-No" my face -- makes me nervous -- but if it works on other parts, maybe I'll try it facially...later. It takes a long time to work, so I can't tell you the results long term for awhile

darlamarie
01-16-2013, 12:05 AM
I have PCOS. I am looking for fellow PCOS and IP members.

Count me in! I was so happy to see that there is a thread with people with PCOS and doing the IP diet! I just started 4 days ago and although it's very expensive, I have to do something because I'm constantly gaining weight and nothing works.

darlamarie
01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Is anyone still taking the Metformin along with doing the IP diet? With the supplements, I'm also on thyroid meds, it just seems like a lot of medicine to be taking. Was curious as to what everyone else was doing.

Ilovesugar
01-16-2013, 02:49 AM
Is anyone still taking the Metformin along with doing the IP diet? With the supplements, I'm also on thyroid meds, it just seems like a lot of medicine to be taking. Was curious as to what everyone else was doing.

Hi! I'm not taking metformin as I never really had any benefit from it. I take fish oil, vitamin d, prenatal, potassium and calcium magnesium. It does seem like a laundry list however, I'm currently trying to conceive.