Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Jan 9th, 2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Jan 9th, 2013

sonyainva
01-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

sonyainva
01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Have a weigh in today, my 15th. so excited.

like meeting my coach and getting encouraged and getting the push i need.
as of yesterday i am doing ip bootcamp 5 packets plus 4 cups veggies.

scale had not moved since dec 19th. had been doing little itty bitty cheats.

need to take control. have taken control. last few pounds.

love all the support here.

lisa32989
01-09-2013, 08:03 AM
It looks like when the thread was started today, a lot of the links did not copy correctly. Here is the intro message WITH links, for all of our new folks

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 08:08 AM
My WI is today as well, although I do my 'official' weigh-ins at home on my scale, before breakfast and minus clothing. I'm down another 1.5 so I'm halfway to goal. :)

I will be meeting with my doctor this morning to go over my initial blood work, although I'm not sure how relevant it's going to be, now over a month after the fact. I expect my results would be a bit different already if they were done today. It's going to be interesting since I've not pre-ordered any food from my coach. I'm getting everything I need online and have also started using alternatives. I just can't justify the higher prices just to keep my coach in business. I do want to continue being monitored by my doctor's office, but after skipping 2 weeks while I was on vacation, I've definitely shown myself that I don't need weekly 'coaching.'

Hope you all have a great day!! Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

sonyainva
01-09-2013, 08:12 AM
My WI is today as well, although I do my 'official' weigh-ins at home on my scale, before breakfast and minus clothing. I'm down another 1.5 so I'm halfway to goal. :)

I will be meeting with my doctor this morning to go over my initial blood work, although I'm not sure how relevant it's going to be, now over a month after the fact. I expect my results would be a bit different already if they were done today. It's going to be interesting since I've not pre-ordered any food from my coach. I'm getting everything I need online and have also started using alternatives. I just can't justify the higher prices just to keep my coach in business. I do want to continue being monitored by my doctor's office, but after skipping 3 weeks while I was on vacation, I've definitely shown myself that I don't need weekly 'coaching.'

Hope you all have a great day!! Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Great loss, congrats on making it half way to goal.
Awesome job on self-monitoring. that's the best thing to do. 14 day vacation and you stayed OP, that is fabulous. hats off to you.

i have found a like minded coach, she is non judgemental, but honest, spiritual and i love her. she does not watch what i buy from the clinic.

looking forward to meeting her later on.

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Great loss, congrats on making it half way to goal.
Awesome job on self-monitoring. that's the best thing to do. 14 day vacation and you stayed OP, that is fabulous. hats off to you.

i have found a like minded coach, she is non judgemental, but honest, spiritual and i love her. she does not watch what i buy from the clinic.

looking forward to meeting her later on.

Thanks, Sonya! Your results and pics certainly have been inspirational! I'm hoping my coach's reaction will be the same as yours. She seemed to be pretty open-minded when I first brought up that I was using Egg Beaters and EAS shakes as alternatives, so hopefully it's going to be a non-issue.

auroragrl
01-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning everyone.

I seem to be retaining a little fluid today - I maybe didn't get quiet enough water yesterday. . .. or who knows??

I feel a little headachy and thirsty too - - - so maybe moving into ketosis??

:dizzy:

Have a great day!!

scorbett1103
01-09-2013, 08:21 AM
WI day for me too today, and I am actually expecting not to have lost - not because of cheats, but I have felt so good about exercising I've done it just about every day. Never a hard burn - 30 minutes of light to medium exercise (Wii Fit or a Couch to 5K walk/jog alternating days) - but I can feel that my leg muscles are strengthening =). We'll see what the scale and measuring tape have to say, but I'm not worried either way - my clothes are still fitting better and I feel great!

lisa32989
01-09-2013, 08:26 AM

I will be meeting with my doctor this morning to go over my initial blood work, although I'm not sure how relevant it's going to be, now over a month after the fact. I expect my results would be a bit different already if they were done today. It's going to be interesting since I've not pre-ordered any food from my coach. I'm getting everything I need online and have also started using alternatives. I just can't justify the higher prices just to keep my coach in business. I do want to continue being monitored by my doctor's office, but after skipping 3 weeks while I was on vacation, I've definitely shown myself that I don't need weekly 'coaching.'

I'm guessing all is well with your blood results. My doc CALLED when mine showed thyroid outta whack & I started on meds the day I retuned home (and have eliminated packets containing soy protein, which is known to be hard on thyroid AND affects absorbsion of the new meds).

I don't really feel the need for weekly coaching at this point, into the 6th month of Phase 1, however with the large amt of weight I have to lose overall and my history of not mantanng a healthy weight in my adult life, I WILL need the support in maintenance so I'm sticking with the clinic, which means paying.

Everyone has different needs regarding a coach.

Congrats on your WI! The thing driving me crazy about not going in in over 2 weeks is not knowing my WL number. But it really doesn't matter in the big scheme: I'm fitting into clothes that didnt fit BEFORE vacation (never before in my life did I come home from a vacation SMALLER than when I left). I finally got the wii hooked up last nite and will get batteries for the wii fit today and THEN I will have a scale at home. Then we'll see how THAT goes!

mompattie
01-09-2013, 08:53 AM
GOOD LUCK AT WI EVERYONE!!!!!

:carrot::carrot:

KLD81230
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Up at 5:30 this morning and my car won't start {again} due to the cold. No gym for me... I just couldn't bring myself to wake up my husband to start it.

No worries, as I will be going back to the gym at 9:00 this morning for another class -- but I keep wishing I would still be back snuggled in my bed instead of awake at an odd hour.

Sometimes being awake super early when the rest of the house is quiet and sleeping is wonderful, however... I'm learning to cherish it since we've been having some -25 degree mornings around here and my car does NOT like it!

Here's to a fantastic OP day to everyone! Good luck to those having WIs today and I'm sending confidence to those that find themselves struggling with good food choices today! We can do it... we ARE doing it!

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 09:32 AM
WI day for me too today, and I am actually expecting not to have lost - not because of cheats, but I have felt so good about exercising I've done it just about every day. Never a hard burn - 30 minutes of light to medium exercise (Wii Fit or a Couch to 5K walk/jog alternating days) - but I can feel that my leg muscles are strengthening =). We'll see what the scale and measuring tape have to say, but I'm not worried either way - my clothes are still fitting better and I feel great!

You may be surprised at the WI. I know I was, after two weeks of being in the water a lot scuba diving. I could tell that the toning in my legs was improving, so I was ready for minimal loss at my WIs. It turned out I was happily surprised. Anyway, like you said, the proof is in the fit of your clothing and how you feel!!

I'm guessing all is well with your blood results. My doc CALLED when mine showed thyroid outta whack & I started on meds the day I retuned home (and have eliminated packets containing soy protein, which is known to be hard on thyroid AND affects absorbsion of the new meds).

I don't really feel the need for weekly coaching at this point, into the 6th month of Phase 1, however with the large amt of weight I have to lose overall and my history of not maintaining a healthy weight in my adult life, I WILL need the support in maintenance so I'm sticking with the clinic, which means paying.

Everyone has different needs regarding a coach.

Congrats on your WI! The thing driving me crazy about not going in in over 2 weeks is not knowing my WL number. But it really doesn't matter in the big scheme: I'm fitting into clothes that didnt fit BEFORE vacation (never before in my life did I come home from a vacation SMALLER than when I left). I finally got the wii hooked up last nite and will get batteries for the wii fit today and THEN I will have a scale at home. Then we'll see how THAT goes!

Yeah, I think if there were anything dramatic in my blood workup they would have had me back in there quickly. They already told me there was nothing earth shattering.

And I hear ya re: not knowing your weight while on vacation. I knew I wasn't going to be happy with not being able to keep tabs on my weight, so I actually bought a scale the first day we arrived. :lol: I was lucky to find the same exact model (a Weight Watchers digital scale). Of course this wouldn't have worked if I had to lug it around in my suitcase ;), but it works for me since I was just able to leave it for next time we're there next month.

Good luck with WI!

ShanCo
01-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me :)

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me :)

Wow!!! CONGRATS!!

scorbett1103
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sonyainva
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM

That is awesome!! you go get' em.

I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!

scorbett, i live for your weigh ins, when you lose i am inspired. great job. you will be at goal in no time.

mrskuby
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM

Wow! That is fantastic!!! Great job!! :carrot:

sonyainva
01-09-2013, 09:58 AM
yesterday was day one on ip bootcamp, trying for day 2 today.

since dec 19th my scale had not gotten lower than 128, this morning i saw 127.8, i will take it. do they have cartwheels for icons?:cb:

i dont know what that icon is, it says cb, i will take it. hoping to do day 2 of bootcamp, so far so good.

scorbett1103
01-09-2013, 09:59 AM
ShanCo that is awesome!!!

Sonya, you are too funny :) I was a little curious how the WI would look, I've been playing around with my food to add enough to compensate for the exercise, I think I found my sweet spot on running days - Balanced Protein veggie omelet with added 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 cup mushrooms and 1 Tbsp cheddar Veggie Shreds. Very hearty breakfast, protein boost for the exercise and delicious! I have been using the Syntrax Nectar shakes for after workouts, they are SO GOOD.

ragdoll74
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
bubbleblower- When you are losing weight consistently and staying on plan on your own, it doesnt seem like you get much from a coach. I think it's nice to have one when you get closer to goal or if you have a long stall so they can help you with a plan. There is still plenty of advice here if you go it alone though. I've been coachless since August.

shanco- that is a phenominal loss!!!!

scorbett- congrats!

Yesterday was my 39th birthday. For some reason I didnt really want to do anything at all for my birthday. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I said I'd rather just make myself something. He ended up ordering pizza for him and the kids.

My 12yo dd made me 2 cards and a powerpoint presentation for my birthday. It was adorable.

sneuse
01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Morning all! Day three today - hoping it goes well. Had similar problems last night as the first night.... when it came time to eat my dinner protein I was overwhelmed with nausea and had to force myself to eat. I only got in about 5-6oz. before I had to stop because I was on the verge of throwing up. Chocked down my snack before bed but barely.

I know I'm only a few days in, but I'm becoming more concerned that maybe I shouldn't try this a second time around. I really only need to lose about 5-10 lbs which although it wouldn't be as easy, I could probably work off in a few months with regular exercise and more moderate dieting. It's not that I don't love IP - I do! It worked wonderfully the first time around. But if I'm literally on the verge of being sick to my stomach every time I have to eat dinner (and later lunch as I move into the other phases) I don't know if I can make it. I keep trying to tell myself its mental, but when I'm sitting at the table, having to hold my breath and talk myself into swallowing, something just doesn't feel right.

On that note, does anyone know if we can abbreviate the phasing off process? I feel like I might be able to give it a better go if I know I don't have a month worth of phasing off ahead of me.

Which brings me to another question - has anyone tried to replace the dinner protein with additional IP packets? That's the real kicker of all this... I love the IP foods. I enjoy eating them, they don't make me sick, and I actually look forward to them. The plain dinner protein? Not so much.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing MUCH better than me! Congrats to all the early morning WI's and successes, and good luck to everyone else who has a WI later today!

mrskuby
01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone! I hope all are surviving the flu! I have been battling it since Xmas and honestly getting sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

It looks like everyone is having great WI's! I love coming here and seeing everyone's successes! It helps so much to see how well the program works!

Last night I made a roasted cauliflower puree with roasted garlic and then sprinkled scallions and some of that white cheddar popcorn seasoning that I read about on here (somewhere)...I also made BBQ chicken using the WF "thick & spicy" BBQ sauce. Both were amazing! I think I have found a new BBQ sauce! I like it better than any other I have had. I've never been a big fan but I actually loved it!! I can't wait to try it on pork and beef! Hubby liked the BBQ sauce but says my previous recipe for the cauliflower was better. Of course it was! I used cheese and/or sour cream! LOL Of well, he'll suck it up since he is committed to supporting me on this program!

Have a great day!! :)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Morning all! Day three today - hoping it goes well. Had similar problems last night as the first night.... when it came time to eat my dinner protein I was overwhelmed with nausea and had to force myself to eat. I only got in about 5-6oz. before I had to stop because I was on the verge of throwing up. Chocked down my snack before bed but barely.

I know I'm only a few days in, but I'm becoming more concerned that maybe I shouldn't try this a second time around. I really only need to lose about 5-10 lbs which although it wouldn't be as easy, I could probably work off in a few months with regular exercise and more moderate dieting. It's not that I don't love IP - I do! It worked wonderfully the first time around. But if I'm literally on the verge of being sick to my stomach every time I have to eat dinner (and later lunch as I move into the other phases) I don't know if I can make it. I keep trying to tell myself its mental, but when I'm sitting at the table, having to hold my breath and talk myself into swallowing, something just doesn't feel right.

On that note, does anyone know if we can abbreviate the phasing off process? I feel like I might be able to give it a better go if I know I don't have a month worth of phasing off ahead of me.

Which brings me to another question - has anyone tried to replace the dinner protein with additional IP packets? That's the real kicker of all this... I love the IP foods. I enjoy eating them, they don't make me sick, and I actually look forward to them. The plain dinner protein? Not so much.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing MUCH better than me! Congrats to all the early morning WI's and successes, and good luck to everyone else who has a WI later today!

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Maybe you can try switching your snack to between lunch and dinner that way you don't have to force it down?

Also, can you eat 4 oz. of meat at lunch and 4 oz. at dinner?

ragdoll74
01-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Sneuse- your are just going through withdrawal. I had the same issues and thoughts my first 3 days. I remember thinking this cannot be good for me, why would my body react so violently if it was good. I was planning on giving up the next day if I didnt feel better, but did feel better on day 4. Hang in there! It doesnt matter if you need to lose 200 lbs or 5 lbs, it works.

Some people skip phase 2 all together and go to phase 3 right after they get to goal. I'm not sure though how that affects their maintenance though.

You can try splitting up your protein to half at lunch and half at dinner, so you aren't having to eat all at once. Also Wuv had posted before that, accoring to IP, if a client only wants to eat 6oz of protein that is ok.

IPdivajen
01-09-2013, 10:21 AM
ShanCo - amazing! Huge congrats on such a successful holiday loss!! Wooohoooo!!

Had my WI last night and am down - get this - 18.7lbs in one week. Yowza. Just goes to show how much of my insane gain was water and salt from all the badness. Exceedingly important lesson learned! I wasn't expecting it to come off this quickly and I know this won't continue but I am so grateful I can't even begin to explain it. And I feel like a new person - just much healthier and less gross overall.

A1Texan
01-09-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm home sick to day...yuck. I needed something solid for breakfast so I had two egg white scrabbled eggs with WF strawberry jam, chased down with ID chocolate drink. I feel better already :)

sneuse
01-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Sorry to hear of your struggles. Maybe you can try switching your snack to between lunch and dinner that way you don't have to force it down?

Also, can you eat 4 oz. of meat at lunch and 4 oz. at dinner?

Sneuse- your are just going through withdrawal. I had the same issues and thoughts my first 3 days. I remember thinking this cannot be good for me, why would my body react so violently if it was good. I was planning on giving up the next day if I didnt feel better, but did feel better on day 4. Hang in there! It doesnt matter if you need to lose 200 lbs or 5 lbs, it works.

Some people skip phase 2 all together and go to phase 3 right after they get to goal. I'm not sure though how that affects their maintenance though.

You can try splitting up your protein to half at lunch and half at dinner, so you aren't having to eat all at once. Also Wuv had posted before that, accoring to IP, if a client only wants to eat 6oz of protein that is ok.

Thank you both for the advice! I do really appreciate the support and guidance.

I didn't think the problem was really withdrawl, because it was NOTHING like this when I did the program last year and I had been eating WAY worse prior to starting up that time.

I think/thought it's more so what I'm eating. I ate SO much chicken, turkey, lean beef, and eggs when I did the program the first time that I honestly stopped eating most of those things the minute I got off the diet. I couldn't stomach to eat them anymore because I'd grown so grossed out by the taste and smell.

I figured after six months I'd be over my distaste for those things, but I'm beginning to think that's not the case. The minute I sit down and smell the food, I get sick. Even steak, which is usually something I LOVE to eat.

Which is why the idea of splitting it up just doesn't appeal... if I can't manage to eat these things once, I'm not sure I could manage to do it twice. Even though its smaller quantities, just the smell and the first bite does me in.

But maybe you're right.... maybe my subconscious is making me not like things short term and it'll get better in a few days. I just have a hard time seeing that happening, given my past experience being so completely different.

I will probably ask my coach about skipping phase 2 and whether or not that is an option. If I could, it would be easier to get through the phasing off process. And I'll def. keep the 6 oz. in mind! That will make me feel better about the nights I can't stomach my meal.

healthyangie
01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Happy Birthday ragdoll! Oh to be 39 again!!! Of course that's one of those ages that everyone thinks you're lying :D People would ask me - "Oh yeah? And how many 39th birthdays does this make!" Blah!

Scorbett - AWESOME! Oh - and I love those syntrax shakes too. I got them for DH and snuck a few myself... I tried to order him more of the cookies one and they were out!

sneuse - I agree that it's more withdrawals. Stick in there, you'll be happy you did and you'll feel much better in a few days!

Shanco and IPdiva - All I can say is WOW! That's incredible!

mrskuby and A1texan - I'm feeling your pain! I've been fighting a really bad sinus infection for about 1 month now. The antibiotics I'm on now are actually making me gain weight while being 100 % OP for over a week. I need some encouragement!!!! I have until next Tuesday on these darn things and hopefully all will work out. FYI - if either of you are on antibiotics - do not take your cal-mag and potassiums, they stopped my first round from working for me and I ended up getting sicker. Scorbett is the resident brainiac when it comes to this stuff ...

Day 7 and UP 3.5 lbs ...... someone tell me I will have a huge whoosh after this - PLEASE ........

Bellamack
01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Ipeeps (not really I am sick)

I thought after the holidays and everyone was sick and hacking, I had made it safely through. NOT, must be that 7-14 day incubation period for viruses. fortunately, I think it is just a cold. Sore throat, achy, sneezy and tired.

Congrats to Scorbett, Shanco & IP diva!

Sneuse, this was my first week completed and I still am a little naseous, but then again I have come down with something. I would have the packets for dinner if the meat is making you sick. My entire pregnancy I couldn't eat meat or have it cooked indoors (smell) We have pics of hubby grilling his dinner outside with a few feet of snow behind him. lol.

Happy Birthday ragdoll, you share it with one of my favs. ELVIS! I was born the day before, so I turned 55 on the 7th, don't know where the time went, at least our yound waiter said there is NO WAY you are 55 and I said "why do I look 65?" lol he said "maybe 40" well I liked that, so I left him a good tip on MY birthday. ha ha ha

WEIGH IN #1 -3.1 lbs

have a good one :)

Bellamack
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM
young waiter

I forgot to mention that VitaminWorld is having a sale, I ordered some vitamins for me and hubby, but I also ordered the Syntrax Chocolate Truffle, they are 25% off and free shipping ( over $25), they have alot of flavors to choose from. I have ordered from VitaminWorld before and they ship super-fast, get it the next working day. :)

Bella73123
01-09-2013, 11:26 AM
I am so happy that I decided to take some time off from losing weight. Today was my first full week WI since returning to IP. I have been able to re-committed to the program like I did when I first started and I had a huge payoff today with a 3.4lb loss at my WI. Amazing! I haven't lost like that in forever!! So happy...the 150's are so close!

sneuse
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Sneuse, this was my first week completed and I still am a little naseous, but then again I have come down with something. I would have the packets for dinner if the meat is making you sick. My entire pregnancy I couldn't eat meat or have it cooked indoors (smell) We have pics of hubby grilling his dinner outside with a few feet of snow behind him. lol.

I actually realized just a minute ago how much it probably sounded like I was pregnant! But alas that is not the case. I'm thinking about asking my coach if I can supplement a packet or two for awhile and see if that helps. Who knows, maybe it'll speed things up! Congrats on a great first WI!

Breezy414
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Hi ya'll...I have a question. I started the diet yesterday and felt pretty good, until after supper i got a bad headache and..i dont know how to explain it...but my throat felt tight and heavy - like wearing a tight turtleneck. I laid down and fell asleep for a couple hours and woke up feeling better. I then had my evening snack and took the last of my Cal-Mag...about an hour later I had the same feeling again, it was terrible. When I woke up this morning I felt great...anyone else have a negative reaction to the cal-mag? I am hesitant to take it again tonight because i felt so awful after both doses. Should I take a smaller dose, or just not take it at all?

bttrhalf
01-09-2013, 11:37 AM
morning all, doing good with staying on plan since the first of the month (did a bit of the no-no's for the holidays). still having a problem seeing the weight loss in me, though everyone at my work and home says I look great. so my lead at work took some pictures of me today (wow I can start to see it now)
I hope that I got the picture attached the one on the left is from before I started last year and the two on the right are from this morning 5lbs down.

Bella73123
01-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi ya'll...I have a question. I started the diet yesterday and felt pretty good, until after supper i got a bad headache and..i dont know how to explain it...but my throat felt tight and heavy - like wearing a tight turtleneck. I laid down and fell asleep for a couple hours and woke up feeling better. I then had my evening snack and took the last of my Cal-Mag...about an hour later I had the same feeling again, it was terrible. When I woke up this morning I felt great...anyone else have a negative reaction to the cal-mag? I am hesitant to take it again tonight because i felt so awful after both doses. Should I take a smaller dose, or just not take it at all?

It's not likely that the cal-mag caused the reaction. This type of reaction is normal for people that are starting this protocol. It is your body's reaction as you go from burning carbs/calories to burning fat stores (ketosis). It usually lasts about 3-4 days. I am surprised your coach never mentioned it to you! It's a little crappy for the first little while, but it goes away and then you will feel fine :hug:

clo2551
01-09-2013, 11:42 AM
yesterday was day one on ip bootcamp, trying for day 2 today.

since dec 19th my scale had not gotten lower than 128, this morning i saw 127.8, i will take it. do they have cartwheels for icons?:cb:

i dont know what that icon is, it says cb, i will take it. hoping to do day 2 of bootcamp, so far so good.

Hi Sonya,

What is IP bootcamp? Would you be able to explain some more, or maybe you have and I missed it completely lol. I'm still on phase 1 so I'm not sure if it's even possible to do it in this phase. If you could let me know that would be great! :)

Psycht
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi All!

Had my at home week #1 weigh in today and lost 8 pounds! I was shooting for 10 but I will take 8 :-P I did not do starting measurements so I will do that this evening. Congrats to all the other people who have listed their scale successes - 13 and 18 pound losses are AWESOME!

Breezy414
01-09-2013, 11:47 AM
It's not likely that the cal-mag caused the reaction. This type of reaction is normal for people that are starting this protocol. It is your body's reaction as you go from burning carbs/calories to burning fat stores (ketosis). It usually lasts about 3-4 days. I am surprised your coach never mentioned it to you! It's a little crappy for the first little while, but it goes away and then you will feel fine :hug:

They did tell me about it, plus I have low carb dieted before to the state of ketosis. I have had the general feeling of blah before and knew to expect it. I have kept up on my water, salt and had my olive oil for the day. The way i felt last night was like nothing I have felt before - and both instances were after i took the cal-mag..not positive thats it, but I will try again tonight. I feel great today and I will know tonight after supper if it was the cal-mag.

sahmmommy2
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
scorbett - YEAH! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! ALMOST THERE, YOU GOT THIS ONE CHICKIE:D

ShanCo - Keep it up! Isn't it wonderful to just start shrinking, right before your eyes. It happens so fast:cp:

Sonya - Glad you busted out of the slump! Do you do alternatives? I'm using one that contains L-Carnitine. My scale seems to move faster and I have more energy when I use this one. If you're interested, I can send you the info. A quick google search will give you more info on the supplement too.

sneuse - I think they are revising the phase 1 sheet to say people can have up to 8 oz of lean dinner protein??? I think the minimum is 6. You can search around the forum, I know this has been talked about by wuv and scorbett. Also, since you only have a small amount to lose, you might not need as much protein as those of us who are larger. I think Scorbett said something like the less there is of us, the less we need and the slower the losses:)

A1Texan - Feel better soon. It's no fun being sick. Do what you got to do and try to stay OP!

healthyangie - Hope you feel better soon! I've been sick for the last couple weeks and noticed my weight loss stalled even though I was OP. I am FINALLY starting to feel better and noticed my scale is dropping in the right direction again. We'll see come Monday, but it looks like a WHOOSH coming my way. Unofficially down 4lbs in about 1.5 days! THERE IS HOPE! Just stay OP:)

Bella - We have similar stats and goals. Glad to see you back on the wagon! I really hope to be close to goal come end of February! Let's do this!

ragdoll74
01-09-2013, 12:04 PM
healthieangie- truth be told about my age, I'm actually 29 for the 10th time.

Bellamack- Happy belated birthday! What a fantastic NSV, having someone tell you that you look 15 years younger.

I haven't had anyone comment to me about sharing Elvis' birthday in years. :) My mom used to always tell me "you were born on Elvis' birthday", and growing up one of the networks used to always show Elvis movies on our birthday.

Alohakiwi
01-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Day 6 and first weigh in tomorrow! I actually feel surprisingly fine. No cravings etc. My coach fr the first week wouldn't allow any restricted food so I'm looking forward to trying some new things this coming week :)

benice
01-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi all! I've been out for a while for the holidays and work craziness. Back on track after holiday cheer and am happy to report that I now am at my driver's license weight. Woo Hoo!

Happy Wednesday all!

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
bubbleblower- When you are losing weight consistently and staying on plan on your own, it doesnt seem like you get much from a coach. I think it's nice to have one when you get closer to goal or if you have a long stall so they can help you with a plan. There is still plenty of advice here if you go it alone though. I've been coachless since August.

My preference is to continue with the coach if possible, but definitely with my doctor's monitoring. At today's appointment, my doctor said my initial results were borderline re: cholesterol and vitamin D, but that we'd see how the numbers changed when my blood work is done in March. My BP was 113/65, so I was thrilled with that! :)

I also had a discussion with my coach about alternatives and also about ordering online. She said that she wouldn't be able to continue seeing me if I wasn't buying the food from her since it was part of the program. The rationale was that if I'm substituting other products, I'm not really on IP. And IP doesn't want its name attached to something it can't control. Kind of makes sense, but there's a breaking point for me in terms of the extra cost. We'll see how that goes ... Even more than the food costs, is the issue of the supplement costs since they are soooooo much cheaper online. (BTW, she said that sites that are selling IP products at cut rate prices are doing so illegally. Not sure how that works ... kind of sounds like price fixing to me, but what do I know? ;) )

In any event, I know I'm committed personally to seeing this through and phasing into maintenance properly. Since I'm already halfway there, the food costs and variety may become a non-issue. As of today, my fat percentage is within the desirable range (albeit at the top end of the range!).

mrskuby
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Happy Birthday ragdoll! Oh to be 39 again!!! Of course that's one of those ages that everyone thinks you're lying :D People would ask me - "Oh yeah? And how many 39th birthdays does this make!" Blah!

Scorbett - AWESOME! Oh - and I love those syntrax shakes too. I got them for DH and snuck a few myself... I tried to order him more of the cookies one and they were out!

sneuse - I agree that it's more withdrawals. Stick in there, you'll be happy you did and you'll feel much better in a few days!

Shanco and IPdiva - All I can say is WOW! That's incredible!

mrskuby and A1texan - I'm feeling your pain! I've been fighting a really bad sinus infection for about 1 month now. The antibiotics I'm on now are actually making me gain weight while being 100 % OP for over a week. I need some encouragement!!!! I have until next Tuesday on these darn things and hopefully all will work out. FYI - if either of you are on antibiotics - do not take your cal-mag and potassiums, they stopped my first round from working for me and I ended up getting sicker. Scorbett is the resident brainiac when it comes to this stuff ...

Day 7 and UP 3.5 lbs ...... someone tell me I will have a huge whoosh after this - PLEASE ........

Oh boy! I bet you will have a huge whoosh! It's prolly mostly water, right? You'll just pee it out! LOL

ChaloJ
01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
They did tell me about it, plus I have low carb dieted before to the state of ketosis. I have had the general feeling of blah before and knew to expect it. I have kept up on my water, salt and had my olive oil for the day. The way i felt last night was like nothing I have felt before - and both instances were after i took the cal-mag..not positive thats it, but I will try again tonight. I feel great today and I will know tonight after supper if it was the cal-mag.

I have had pretty bad reactions to the vitamins before, particularly if I forget to take them right before my meal. Cal-mag is really not one you want to have get stuck in the pipes! Sometimes I shift the vitamins so I am certain to have them with my heavier meals, as opposed to breakfast or snack. Hope this helps!

mrskuby
01-09-2013, 12:29 PM
sneuse-what exactly have you been eating if you can't eat any meat or eggs? Just curious...

plaintruth
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Just wanted to chime in to recommend the Tazo Wild Orange tea - it tastes like orange juice! I mean, as much as hot tea can but it has a nice acidic, fresh taste.

Makes a change anyway. I've got 18lbs left to go... I love losing weight/inches but I can't wait to be done. I've lost so much cardio fitness in the past couple of months of nonexercising!

kileymed13
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now :carrot::carrot:. Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now :carrot::carrot:. Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.

Awesome!!! :broc:

mrskuby
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM

WHOOHOO!! YOU GO GIRL!!!:D

sahmmommy2
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM

I had a killer headache the first week and then felt better. Also, I notice now that if I don't get enough salt, I will get a headache. If I start to feel a headache coming on, I'll add some sea salt to my water and chug, chug, chug. And finally (this is probably unrelated, but worth mentioning), watch how you take the potassium supplement, that one can really mess you up, especially if you take it on an empty stomach. Usually the Cal-Mag is associated with constipation, I think, not the symptoms you are describing.

mrskuby
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to chime in to recommend the Tazo Wild Orange tea - it tastes like orange juice! I mean, as much as hot tea can but it has a nice acidic, fresh taste.

Makes a change anyway. I've got 18lbs left to go... I love losing weight/inches but I can't wait to be done. I've lost so much cardio fitness in the past couple of months of nonexercising!

I hear ya! it's only been 3 weeks since I've been to bootcamp or kickboxing and I miss it!! But on the other hand, I am afraid that workingout that hard will slow down my losses and I want to get this over with as quickly as possible...so I just gotta suck it up and settle for walking. :(

crazynette826
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi all, I started IP on Monday. I felt horrible yesterday with a headache, and general not feeling good, but thank goodness today I feel a lot better. I knew the first few days would be rough, so I was prepared. My biggest issue today is I'm freezing! Has anyone else had this reaction to this diet?

Nolawhodatchick
01-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Congratulations, that is incredible!!!!! :celebrate:

sneuse
01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
sneuse-what exactly have you been eating if you can't eat any meat or eggs? Just curious...

Well I have been making myself eat them. The first night I had scrambled eggs and last night I had smoked turkey. Both times, it was almost an immediate reaction to gag and throw up. I forced myself, but I don't think I can continue to force myself for several weeks. I always feel perfectly fine up until its dinner time.... then WHAM.

I'd be happier if I could just have more IP foods! Which is whats so weird.... I never really loved dinner when I did the diet last year, but it wasn't that bad. I could manage to eat almost all of whatever I was having without getting blah. Now I can't even get a few bites down.

I'm gonna give it a full week and then talk to my coach. Hopefully it will subside with time.

sneuse
01-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi all, I started IP on Monday. I felt horrible yesterday with a headache, and general not feeling good, but thank goodness today I feel a lot better. I knew the first few days would be rough, so I was prepared. My biggest issue today is I'm freezing! Has anyone else had this reaction to this diet?

YES! I'm always cold, but after I started the diet (was on it for three months last April) I was freezing constantly. This time around it's hard to tell if I'm just cold because its Jan or if it's the diet!

jmuroff1
01-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Congrats to everyone on their losses!! I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Friday :) yesterday i was 172 and this morning i was back down to 168 :)

4Mom
01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
In the 11th week of IP and I have been fighting a terrible headache for the past 4 days, but just read sahmmommy2's reply on another post, so I'm sitting here eating sea salt in hopes this goes away soon. :(

crazynette826
01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
oh good. I'm glad it's not just me that's always freezing!

RareBird
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm at work so will have to come back and find out what is going on with everyone a bit later, but I wanted to tell you that I did my first weigh in today and at 59 years old with no clinic and using alternatives, I lost 5 pounds, so I'm feeling pretty good about IP. You've all been wonderful sharing your information and support, so a million thanks! I realized at some point last evening that for the first time since starting IP on January 1 that I wasn't exhausted, so I think I'm on board and ready for the long haul!

Chloe222
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM

Shanco, Amazing! Keep up the good work!

That's terrific as is the C25K you're doing!

Yesterday was my 39th birthday. For some reason I didnt really want to do anything at all for my birthday. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I said I'd rather just make myself something. He ended up ordering pizza for him and the kids.

My 12yo dd made me 2 cards and a powerpoint presentation for my birthday. It was adorable.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ragdoll! (belated)
:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

I'm home sick to day...yuck. I needed something solid for breakfast so I had two egg white scrabbled eggs with WF strawberry jam, chased down with ID chocolate drink. I feel better already :)

Interesting combo, think I'll try that, what exactly did you do? Fry 2 egg whites and top with strawberry jam?

I figured after six months I'd be over my distaste for those things, but I'm beginning to think that's not the case. The minute I sit down and smell the food, I get sick. Even steak, which is usually something I LOVE to eat.

Sneuse,
Just curious, what did you eat for protein for during your 6 month diet hiatus?

Kiley,
Way to go! :carrot:

I always freeze on IP, it happens right after drinking all the cold water.

scorbett1103
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Happy birthday! I cross the line to 39 in 10 days myself...I also was 29 for quite a few birthdays, figured this year I had to up it a bit...so I'm really 32 for the 7th time :)

Had my WI last night and am down - get this - 18.7lbs in one week. Yowza. Just goes to show how much of my insane gain was water and salt from all the badness. Exceedingly important lesson learned! I wasn't expecting it to come off this quickly and I know this won't continue but I am so grateful I can't even begin to explain it. And I feel like a new person - just much healthier and less gross overall.

That is incredible! And you really have a great mental handle on this - it probably WAS mostly water and salt gain from eating freely. Amazing what happens when we try to go back to everyone else's version of "normal" eating :) You have got this in the bag!

Um..yeah....looking at your picture I'd have said you had quite a few years before you saw your 39th birthday :)

And stop stressing - drink tons of water and focus on getting better. The inflammation will go down and you'll be peeing that weight away like crazy :)

Honestly, the tiredness I would say was likely due to being on the diet - but if your throat is closing up I would call your doctor and let them know what happened. That almost sounds like an allergic reaction.

Hi All!

Had my at home week #1 weigh in today and lost 8 pounds! I was shooting for 10 but I will take 8 :-P I did not do starting measurements so I will do that this evening. Congrats to all the other people who have listed their scale successes - 13 and 18 pound losses are AWESOME!

Nice job!

Woo hoo!!! If you are planning on running some 5ks this year, we are getting a big group together to run the Diva Dash in September - if you're on FB I can send you an invite to the event!

Totally normal :)

healthyangie
01-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Um..yeah....looking at your picture I'd have said you had quite a few years before you saw your 39th birthday :)

And stop stressing - drink tons of water and focus on getting better. The inflammation will go down and you'll be peeing that weight away like crazy :)

:o Thanks scorbett! That's a nice compliment - but I think those other people thought I was OLDER than 39 - must be my great wisdom then :D

Ok - I'll stop stressing :)

And a Happy 7th 32 year birthday to you early!

maezy1
01-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Good morning all!

scorbett & Shanco GREAT WEIGHT LOSSES
kILEYMED ONEDERLAND how ONERDERFUL!!!!!
ragdoll happy Birthday!!!!

Feeling more energetic today and physical therapy is working !!! No more crutches!!!!! (hopefully)
Since I have been unable to get to my center I have been doing IP on my own. Yesterday I was kinda discouraged that I was "only" losing 2 lbs a week. huh? Am I outta my mind?? (plz don't answer that!!!) I was venting to a friend of mine and she said how wonderful i was looking and that I had said that this was a lifelong process and change so what kind of rush was I in to lose more than 2 a week? Now I'm kinda proud of those 2 lbs each week and wow, how lucky am I?
Actually have the energy to do some housework today!

this girl is awake
01-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Hey all,
I've been having a real problem recommitting 100% since my holiday cheats :( I have lost the weight I gained then but I haven't been able to get through even one day 100%.

Can someone (or someones) hook up with me on My Fitness Pal and exchange emails/phone so I have someone to be accountable to? PM me if you would be willing to help. Thank you!

Scorbett I can't believe you're so close to goal!!!!

sneuse
01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Sneuse,
Just curious, what did you eat for protein for during your 6 month diet hiatus?

Well.... there were a lot of times I didn't have any. I'd have pasta or something (VERY unhealthy) like nachos. If I had meat it was usually accompanied with a lot of other stuff. Like taco meat in a corn tortilla with cheese and tomatoes and lettuce and salsa. Or a hamburger with all the toppings and bun. Hence the 10lb gain in six months. Lol.

But I didn't really eat chicken, turkey, eggs, or lean beef because I'd burnt myself out on those things when I was on the diet. Now that I'm back to having to eat those things, I just can't seem to get it down.

exactor
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Congratulations to all of the great weigh-ins!

As for me, I'm a little frustrated this week as I was up 1.6 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday. I didn't do anything different this past week than I've done every other week. I've been 100% OP the whole time but I've seemed to develop a pattern of having a really good loss for a week or two and then a very small loss or gain for a week. I know it's just how my body reacts to this diet but it still gets frustrating! I keep reminding myself that I had great losses over Christmas week and New Year's week, and I'll probably have a good loss next week, so that keeps me going!

Here's my before and during pictures. The first one was taken in June, about a month before I started and the second one was taken a couple of days ago.

Nolawhodatchick
01-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Can any of you veggie experts tell me if there is a Phase 1 limit on turnips allowed per day? Just plain old turnips. TIA

usmcvet
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Where is my buddy Rissimo?

IdealProteinNewbie
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey all,
I've been having a real problem recommitting 100% since my holiday cheats :( I have lost the weight I gained then but I haven't been able to get through even one day 100%.

Can someone (or someones) hook up with me on My Fitness Pal and exchange emails/phone so I have someone to be accountable to? PM me if you would be willing to help. Thank you!

Sorry to hear you're struggling. I have been checking your blog every once in a while and haven't seen any updates so I was wondering how you've been!

Stick with it!

healthyangie
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Can any of you veggie experts tell me if there is a Phase 1 limit on turnips allowed per day? Just plain old turnips. TIA

I was told no turnips because of them being a root vegetable. I did see that some people do eat them though so it might just be a difference in coaches.

AnnaBoBanna
01-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Today is Day 6 of my restart, feeling good!

I don't think I'm losing as much weight as I did my first time around, but I'm happy to be back in the game.

I've already drank about 70oz of H20 today, here's to 70 more!

Nolawhodatchick
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
I was told no turnips because of them being a root vegetable. I did see that some people do eat them though so it might just be a difference in coaches.

Hmm..really? It's on the Phase 1 sheet I'm looking at and not on the occasional list. Maybe it has changed recently?

I was wondering what others thought because I've seen different opinions on rutabaga and swede, which I *think* are also in the turnip family. Rutabaga and Swede are on my Phase 1 list as "occasional" but I've seen in archives that some suggest staying away from them b/c of higher carb count than other veggies, and others have said restrict them to 1/2 cup or 1 cup.

evepet
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM

I'm no veggie expert, but I was curious so after double-checking my Phase 3 sheet to confirm they are in the 'Select Vegetable' group, meaning it's ok to use everyday, I checked http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2700/2. I eat them quite frequently, but rarely feel I want/need more than 1 cup/serving as they're a denser vegetable. Even though they are unrestricted, 1 cup still has 5 net carbs and 5g sugar. They do have a very low glycemic load (2).

By comparison, the nutritional values for 1 cup of rutagaba (which is on the Occasional list), shows 12 net g carbs/cup and 10g sugar. Glycemic Load is 5.

psjones
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Turnips are on the select vegetable list, so the limit would be 4 cups/day.

Nolawhodatchick
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Turnips are on the select vegetable list, so the limit would be 4 cups/day.

OK thanks, that's what I thought. That's a lot of turnips!

EVEPET-

Thanks for looking up the info and sharing it!!!!

NinjaNurse
01-09-2013, 03:14 PM

WOOWOO!!! Congrats!!!

Scorbett we won't be able to find you soon!!! XOXOXOX

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Now do the Diva Dash with us!!! I cannot wait to get to onederland.

exactor and bttrhalf For some reason, I can't open your pics!! :( I did have trouble trying to psot this morning. Anyone else having difficulties???

WI today 4.5lbs. I think an 2inches total. I haven't been keeping track of the inches as much.

The minute I walked in the receptionist said hello from across the room. By the time I got to the desk she already had my order form waiting with my cal-mg underlined and checked IN RED saying I had to buy them today. So much for niceties. I did mess up my vits over the Holidays but I swear not as much to still have so many off from their calculation. I bought the Cal-Mg and I will need it before next week, but I want to get them online because it's cheaper. I can't believe I have no back bone with these people.
Anyway, rockin-bod coach did my WI and measuring. I did talk to her briefly about exercising and doing the Diva Dash. She seemed like she wanted to help but we both agreed I want more wgt off before I start to incorporate exercise into my life.
I am so torn, I want to go alternative. (They don't seem to care how many packets I buy and don't buy.) But if she truly can help me, like a coach is supposed to, I'd like to do both. I do like some IP products I could still buy from them.

ragdoll74
01-09-2013, 03:23 PM

That sounds delicious, I'm going to buy some. It said it is caffeine free too, so don't have to drink extra water because of the tea. I know how you feel about can't wait to be done.

I'm at work so will have to come back and find out what is going on with everyone a bit later, but I wanted to tell you that I did my first weigh in today and at 59 years old with no clinic and using alternatives, I lost 5 pounds, so I'm feeling pretty good about IP. You've all been wonderful sharing your information and support, so a million thanks! I realized at some point last evening that for the first time since starting IP on January 1 that I wasn't exhausted, so I think I'm on board and ready for the long haul!

Congrats! That is a great first weigh in!

4.2!!! awesome!

Congratulations to all of the great weigh-ins!

As for me, I'm a little frustrated this week as I was up 1.6 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday. I didn't do anything different this past week than I've done every other week. I've been 100% OP the whole time but I've seemed to develop a pattern of having a really good loss for a week or two and then a very small loss or gain for a week. I know it's just how my body reacts to this diet but it still gets frustrating! I keep reminding myself that I had great losses over Christmas week and New Year's week, and I'll probably have a good loss next week, so that keeps me going!

Here's my before and during pictures. The first one was taken in June, about a month before I started and the second one was taken a couple of days ago.

It happens to the best of us. You look fantastic though, so try to concentrate on that before and after picture instead of the scale.

Scorbett- I'll have to follow your example and up my "age" a little. Being "29" with a 12yo and 9yo, makes it a little obvious that I'm not exactly telling the truth. :o

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

sahmmommy2
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Hey all,

I mean all of this in the nicest way. You are worth it, don't forget it. No matter how much you "think" you need that one piece of food, don't do it! Distract yourself. IP gives you the tools for success. Let your inner beauty shine through! What are you afraid of???? Sending you a cyber kick in the (_|_)!:club: Don't make me come over there:D YOU CAN DO IT!

lisa32989
01-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Woo hoo!

Well.... there were a lot of times I didn't have any. I'd have pasta or something (VERY unhealthy) like nachos. If I had meat it was usually accompanied with a lot of other stuff. Like taco meat in a corn tortilla with cheese and tomatoes and lettuce and salsa. Or a hamburger with all the toppings and bun. Hence the 10lb gain in six months. Lol.

But I didn't really eat chicken, turkey, eggs, or lean beef because I'd burnt myself out on those things when I was on the diet. Now that I'm back to having to eat those things, I just can't seem to get it down.
So, why can't you have taco meat on a salad? I guess if ya want it, you'll make it work. I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to be real. There are SO MANY RECIPES and ways to make foods we like there is no reason to eat stuff we have to choke down. But, again, if you're looking for an excuse to quit, don't look. Just do it.

This Girl is Awake: I'm gonna have to give a little tough love here, too. No excuses. Just do it! Make a plan you know you can stick with (even if it includes an extra packet at first) and stick with it NO MATTER WHAT. Do some cooking and make some fantastic recipes. Every day you get under your belt makes the next one easier. And then, NO MORE GOING OFF PLAN!!

For ANYONE thinking they'll go off plan for a special event, talk to This Girl is Awake first. Or go back and read old threads and see if those folks are still around. The only way is the 100% way. One thing leads to another. So, one cheat leads to another or one 100% day leads to another. It is your choice.

sahmmommy2
01-09-2013, 04:28 PM
NinjaNurse...I hear onderland calling your name...GO FOR IT CHICKIE:carrot:

De11s
01-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Weigh in #5 this evening, praying for a good one. :D

Nolawhodatchick
01-09-2013, 04:38 PM
For ANYONE thinking they'll go off plan for a special event, talk to This Girl is Awake first. Or go back and read old threads and see if those folks are still around. The only way is the 100% way. One thing leads to another. So, one cheat leads to another or one 100% day leads to another. It is your choice.

I've read those archives. Lots of dead tickers. That's why I've decided to stay 100% and not take a break despite some of the difficulties I've encountered with the diet/hypoglycemia. An extra 1/2 pack or packet here and there won't hurt me if I really need it, but taking a break looks like it would be introducing a risk to permanently end my diet, from what I see on the archives. That's not to say everyone who takes a break never comes back, but it certainly seems to raise the risk level, per the dead tickers and testimonies.

mooselover
01-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I am so sad today. I just found out my Dad has a tumor behind his left eye. He is waiting for MRI results as I type this. These are the times that I hate living so far away from my family :(

whytokay
01-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Wow lots of great WIs today! Congrats everybody! I will be weighing in in a couple of hours, and hoping to have at least 3... didn't cheat, but the home scale isn't budging a lot at home.

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I've read those archives. Lots of dead tickers. That's why I've decided to stay 100% and not take a break despite some of the difficulties I've encountered with the diet/hypoglycemia. An extra 1/2 pack or packet here and there won't hurt me if I really need it, but taking a break looks like it would be introducing a risk to permanently end my diet, from what I see on the archives. That's not to say everyone who takes a break never comes back, but it certainly seems to raise the risk level, per the dead tickers and testimonies.

And that's why I thought it was so important for me to stay OP the entire time I was out of town on vacation.... Also, I didn't want to have to deal with those first three days ever again. :lol:

Nolawhodatchick
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I am so sad today. I just found out my Dad has a tumor behind his left eye. He is waiting for MRI results as I type this. These are the times that I hate living so far away from my family :(

:hug::hug: Thinking of you and your family, and praying for your dad and family.

this girl is awake
01-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the tough love, all y'all, that's what I was looking for.

I have had extra protein already today (before I posted) but I will be 100% the rest of the day and moving forward.

Agree--not worth going off for a "break" it is murder getting back on. I sailed through at least 60 days of 100% before I did it and now I'm struggling to do even 1.

ragdoll74
01-09-2013, 04:48 PM

:hug: Sending you a big hug and keeping you and your dad in my prayers.

A1Texan
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Chloe222 - On the eggs, I used the Real Egg Whites that come in a carton. I poured out about 2 eggs worth and scrambled them with some yellow bell pepper. I used the WF strawberry jam on the side to give it some sweetness that I was graving.

With being sick, I have been sleeping most of the day - which caused the missing of my mid-morning snack and behind on my water intake. I'm up and feel much better - Thanks to my spare Z-Pac. Plan on going back to work tomorrow and that will bring back a set routine again.

Congrats to all the great WI's and welcome to all the newbies. I have to agree with Lisa on her thoughts - You can always make excuses of why you can't stick to the food plan. So many times I've eaten out with friends and just had taco meat on a salad with fresh salsa. Even the waiters have come by and said that looked tastee meal. My suggestion is to be creative and try new things. When I started I didn't even know what "Jicama" was and now I look forward to it's sweetness.

Bella73123
01-09-2013, 05:07 PM

They are not restricted, I have about 2 cups everyday.

Dresa
01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I was off plan for my 9 day vacay to Vegas, but didn't go crazy. I think that's what has made jumping back on this week so easy. I feel like I didn't miss a beat.

That was the only break built in so it's full speed ahead until the 2nd half of this weight drops off. My goal is April, and I've been getting compliments from all facets of my life and that has really motivated me to stay the course.

Bella73123
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM

I was on Atkins once before trying IP, but the transition days on Atkins didn't come close to how I felt when I started IP, so I know what you mean. I did find when I first started IP that I had to take the supplements with food or I was extremely nauseous. I hope whatever it is resolves itself, or you find a good solution that works for you!

Bella73123
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Bella - We have similar stats and goals. Glad to see you back on the wagon! I really hope to be close to goal come end of February! Let's do this!

Look at that, we are pretty close! I originally had my goal weight set to 137, but I'm in a size 10 already, so I think that would be pushing it for me. We can keep each other company for the rest of this! :D

Psycht
01-09-2013, 05:28 PM

So sorry Mooselover. I live in Montana and the rest of my family lives on the east coast. My grandmother who essentially raised me is 93 and fell and broke her arm in two places this winter and it was really hard. Fingers crossed that the tumor is benign and operable.

sonyainva
01-09-2013, 05:53 PM
A1 hope you feel better soon

Hi Sonya,

What is IP bootcamp? Would you be able to explain some more, or maybe you have and I missed it completely lol. I'm still on phase 1 so I'm not sure if it's even possible to do it in this phase. If you could let me know that would be great! :)

I am few pounds from goal, so no meat, just 5 ip packets a day and 4 veggie cups.l

Sonya - Glad you busted out of the slump! Do you do alternatives? I'm using one that contains L-Carnitine. My scale seems to move faster and I have more energy when I use this one. If you're interested, I can send you the info. A quick google search will give you more info on the supplement too.

I use car urine in liquid form, but mine has sugar alcohol and messed my weight loss last week. Do send me info on what you use.

Mooselover sending positive vibes your way.

Had my weigh in and lost 3.8 pounds.

Shedit
01-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Had my weigh in and lost 3.8 pounds.

Way to go Sonya!
:cb:

usmcvet
01-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Sending prayers and good vibes your way.

sahmmommy2
01-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Look at that, we are pretty close! I originally had my goal weight set to 137, but I'm in a size 10 already, so I think that would be pushing it for me. We can keep each other company for the rest of this! :D I just basically picked a number out of thin air for my goal weight. I thought I would adjust as needed when I get closer. I'm still a size 12, and would like to see that go down:D I really have a pot belly left over from pregnancy...battle scars;)

Sammie12
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone, great wi's today. I made today for the lunch the "big mac " in a bowl & loved it. Because I work mid shift I eat my protein at lunch time then bring my packs & salad to work. I tried yesterday doing the crispy cereal as a pancake but it didnt turn out that great so still a work in progress. Tomorrow is wi so i am hoping I'll be down a total of 30 since I started.

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 07:47 PM

Sorry to hear. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

SassyGirl424
01-09-2013, 07:51 PM
young waiter

I forgot to mention that VitaminWorld is having a sale, I ordered some vitamins for me and hubby, but I also ordered the Syntrax Chocolate Truffle, they are 25% off and free shipping ( over $25), they have alot of flavors to choose from. I have ordered from VitaminWorld before and they ship super-fast, get it the next working day. :)

Can you post the website? I went to vitaminworld.com and see free shipping over $75 (not $25) and no Syntrax on that website.

Thanks!

scorbett1103
01-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Mooselover, thinking of you and sending lots of comforting vibes your way.

jampooh
01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi I know I have not posted for while. All is going well WI today 2# down 47 since the start.:carrot: Last week went to Old Navy fit into the Rock Star skinny leg cords, and they actually looked pretty good, didn't buy any yet but it was fun to try.
Hope everyone has a good week.

evepet
01-09-2013, 08:08 PM

I'm sorry to read this mooselover. I'll be praying for your Dad and family. :hug:

sahmmommy2
01-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone, great wi's today. I made today for the lunch the "big mac " in a bowl & loved it. Because I work mid shift I eat my protein at lunch time then bring my packs & salad to work. I tried yesterday doing the crispy cereal as a pancake but it didnt turn out that great so still a work in progress. Tomorrow is wi so i am hoping I'll be down a total of 30 since I started.

I had the big mac bowl tonight too. YUMMY!

Bellamack
01-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Can you post the website? I went to vitaminworld.com and see free shipping over $75 (not $25) and no Syntrax on that website.

Thanks!

That is because I am an airhead, it is Vitaminshoppe.com

Sorry about that :)

FutureFitChick
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Posting a quick hello, as I can hardly keep my eyes open and it is only 7:30 PM. Yikes. Stayed on plan today. Dinner was an on plan pork tenderloin. The recipe was a new one I was trying out and it is way too dry. I will have to make some sort of sauce for the leftovers.

We are going out of town for a ski weekend tomorrow night. I need to get my food together for travel. So, I may not be able to post much until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

auroragrl
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM

That is SO awesome! Congratulations!!

WAY TO GO!!

You can do this - it is not easy - it's your body going through withdrawal. You need to try cooking some different ways. Make a tuna dish, or bake some fish, do a taco salad, etc. If you want to, you can make this work!

When I first started, I only took 2 cal-mags. They upset my stomach. I also switched up when I took them. My coach said that was okay.

In the 11th week of IP and I have been fighting a terrible headache for the past 4 days, but just read sahmmommy2's reply on another post, so I'm sitting here eating sea salt in hopes this goes away soon. :(

When I get a headache, I just put a little sea salt in my hand and lick it and chase it with a glass of water. In 15 minutes, it's gone.

That's a normal effect of the diet.

Mooselover, I'm so sorry. I will be saying a prayer for your Dad and family. When we lived in Fairbanks, my Dad was sick too. It is definitely tough to be so far away. I understand that feeling, it is such a helpless feeling. Hang in there.

Thanks for the tough love, all y'all, that's what I was looking for.

I have had extra protein already today (before I posted) but I will be 100% the rest of the day and moving forward.

Agree--not worth going off for a "break" it is murder getting back on. I sailed through at least 60 days of 100% before I did it and now I'm struggling to do even 1.

When you think about going off plan - drink some water, or hot tea or read a book or go for a walk. It all comes down to how bad you want to succeed!

Chloe222
01-09-2013, 08:47 PM
My preference is to continue with the coach if possible, but definitely with my doctor's monitoring. At today's appointment, my doctor said my initial results were borderline re: cholesterol and vitamin D, but that we'd see how the numbers changed when my blood work is done in March. My BP was 113/65, so I was thrilled with that! :)

I also had a discussion with my coach about alternatives and also about ordering online. She said that she wouldn't be able to continue seeing me if I wasn't buying the food from her since it was part of the program. The rationale was that if I'm substituting other products, I'm not really on IP. And IP doesn't want its name attached to something it can't control. Kind of makes sense, but there's a breaking point for me in terms of the extra cost. We'll see how that goes ... Even more than the food costs, is the issue of the supplement costs since they are soooooo much cheaper online. (BTW, she said that sites that are selling IP products at cut rate prices are doing so illegally. Not sure how that works ... kind of sounds like price fixing to me, but what do I know? ;) )

In any event, I know I'm committed personally to seeing this through and phasing into maintenance properly. Since I'm already halfway there, the food costs and variety may become a non-issue. As of today, my fat percentage is within the desirable range (albeit at the top end of the range!).

Bubble,
You are so close to finishing this - you'll probably be done by end of next month so staying with your coach might not be so onerous. One thought is that you might want to incorporate some alternative foods into your permanent diet, if that serves you well. For example, I see keeping the chocolate bars and Carquik in my diet. The low carb lifestyle keeps my arthritic pain completely at bay, in addition to keeping weight down. (Carbquik is a low carb Bisquick mix, pretty handy).

Why don't you look at the vegetarian version of IP? I know there are a couple of threads on it - that might be what you need.

Moose lover, I am sorry to hear this, hopefully it's benign and the surgery is successful and recuperation easy. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

NinjaNurse
01-09-2013, 09:03 PM
NinjaNurse...I hear onderland calling your name...GO FOR IT CHICKIE:carrot:
Thank you!! There will be a celebration for sure!!

Please keep us posted. Thoughts and prayers for you and your Dad.

And that's why I thought it was so important for me to stay OP the entire time I was out of town on vacation.... Also, I didn't want to have to deal with those first three days ever again. :lol:

That's how I feel. Scares me enough to stay on track.

mompattie
01-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Woo hoo!

So, why can't you have taco meat on a salad? I guess if ya want it, you'll make it work. I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to be real. There are SO MANY RECIPES and ways to make foods we like there is no reason to eat stuff we have to choke down. But, again, if you're looking for an excuse to quit, don't look. Just do it.

This Girl is Awake: I'm gonna have to give a little tough love here, too. No excuses. Just do it! Make a plan you know you can stick with (even if it includes an extra packet at first) and stick with it NO MATTER WHAT. Do some cooking and make some fantastic recipes. Every day you get under your belt makes the next one easier. And then, NO MORE GOING OFF PLAN!!

:cp::cp::cp::bravo:

I am so sorry this is happening. It's a helpless feeling especially when you live so far away. HUGS!!!

Bellamack
01-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Mooselover, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

whytokay
01-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi I know I have not posted for while. All is going well WI today 2# down 47 since the start.:carrot: Last week went to Old Navy fit into the Rock Star skinny leg cords, and they actually looked pretty good, didn't buy any yet but it was fun to try.
Hope everyone has a good week.

Congrats on the loss! And I love Old Navy jeans and really, everything about Old Navy! I think I am down another size in Old Navy world.. I should try on those cords!

Down 4lbs at WI today.... SO shocked! My home scale hasn't been moving as quickly as it usually does, so I was expecting 2 and hoping for 3. More shocking, I've lost my second highest amount of inches in one week... down 3.75in this week which makes 19.5in total so far, and 30 lbs total! 30 lbs!!! whaaaa????? I've lost almost 10in in just my waist alone! SO HAPPY!!!!!

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Bubble,
You are so close to finishing this - you'll probably be done by end of next month so staying with your coach might not be so onerous. One thought is that you might want to incorporate some alternative foods into your permanent diet, if that serves you well. For example, I see keeping the chocolate bars and Carquik in my diet. The low carb lifestyle keeps my arthritic pain completely at bay, in addition to keeping weight down. (Carbquik is a low carb Bisquick mix, pretty handy).

Yeah, those are the lines I've been thinking along today. For instance, I just got a number of the Syntrax samples and I think they'll be something I'll be keeping around in maintenance. Before starting IP, I had no idea there were so many choices for low carb/low calorie/high protein options. (And who woulda thunk there would be something like calorie free chocolate syrup!? :lol:)

At this point, I'm only having to check in every two weeks, and given that I'll be gone for two weeks again in February, it will average out to even less than that. I also did order a number of IP products online, along with the supplements, so at this point I have plenty of products either way.

As an aside, I really have to say that I admire the men and women on this site who have had the level of commitment necessary to stay OP for many months! I like to think I could do it if that's what it took, but I am really impressed with what I've seen here.

NinjaNurse
01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
I had the big mac bowl tonight too. YUMMY!

I did too!! And I wasn't as good because I put the mustard on the meat and not over the lettuce, before I out on the meat. The pickes too weren't where they were supposed to be either. Of course I ate it, but it wasn't the same.:dizzy::eek:

speterson
01-09-2013, 10:17 PM

wow thats great:carrot:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carro t:

auroragrl
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
What is the big mac bowl?

mooselover
01-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Thank you so much everyone!!!! I appreciate your kind words and prayers. They think my Dads tumor can be treated with high dose steroids. They are still waiting on MRI results, but he had a steroid shot already and said he feels some relief. I will let you know more as I find out. They are in their vacation home for the winter, and my Mom is not comfortable driving around Las Vegas (small town Wyoming girl). She has been stuck at the hospital since yesterday afternoon and her phone is dead. My cousin who lives close by is going to go get my dads meds from the house and pick up my Mom so she can go home and get some sleep. My sister from Wyoming is going to fly there on Friday to help them out for a week :)

scorbett1103
01-09-2013, 11:17 PM
What is the big mac bowl?

It's heaven for dinner :)

Brown 8oz ground beef, drain and set aside.

Set up your salad: Lettuce, 1 cup chopped pickles, 1 cup other veggie of choice (I will mix tomato, onion and mushrom most of the time, but I use whatever I have on hand). Top with the ground beef, then drizzle with Walden Farms Thousand Island or Russian dressing. Eat. Have a private moment. Feel like you're cheating, know you aren't :)

mompattie
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
It's heaven for dinner :)

Brown 8oz ground beef, drain and set aside.

Set up your salad: Lettuce, 1 cup chopped pickles, 1 cup other veggie of choice (I will mix tomato, onion and mushrom most of the time, but I use whatever I have on hand). Top with the ground beef, then drizzle with Walden Farms Thousand Island or Russian dressing. Eat. Have a private moment. Feel like you're cheating, know you aren't :)

ROFLMAO!

bubbleblower
01-09-2013, 11:30 PM

How true! DH and I often used to make what we called Texas Tacos. Initially, we made them starting with a layer of chips on the bottom, and then added taco meat, cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa, etc. Everything is serve in bowls and you build your dinner the way you like it. A few years ago, I replaced the chips in mine with a baked potato as the base. So, fast forward to last earlier this week ... DH wanted Texas Tacos. Initially, I said, "Sure, that'll work for me; I'll just leave off the potato and cheese and go easy on the tomatoes and salsa." Then I read the packet with the taco seasoning mix. Ummmmmm, no ... ain't gonna work. So, we did it the old fashioned way, making it with spices from scratch. Tasted better than with the packaged mix, IMNSHO!

scorbett1103
01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
How true! DH and I often used to make what we called Texas Tacos. Initially, we made them starting with a layer of chips on the bottom, and then added taco meat, cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa, etc. Everything is serve in bowls and you build your dinner the way you like it. A few years ago, I replaced the chips in mine with a baked potato as the base. So, fast forward to last earlier this week ... DH wanted Texas Tacos. Initially, I said, "Sure, that'll work for me; I'll just leave off the potato and cheese and go easy on the tomatoes and salsa." Then I read the packet with the taco seasoning mix. Ummmmmm, no ... ain't gonna work. So, we did it the old fashioned way, making it with spices from scratch. Tasted better than with the packaged mix, IMNSHO!

It is SO much better to mix your own spices! I can't believe how many spice blends throw a little sugar or MSG in there. The internet is full of great homemade spice blend recipes, I save the spice containers when I run out and fill them with homemade blends.

NinjaNurse
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
It is SO much better to mix your own spices! I can't believe how many spice blends throw a little sugar or MSG in there. The internet is full of great homemade spice blend recipes, I save the spice containers when I run out and fill them with homemade blends.

Speaking of spice blends, I made Morocan Meatballs last night and used this spice blend. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

Spice Blend:
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

lisa32989
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Me too! And rubs for meats, too!

Unwaver1ng
01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Good evening everyone. It's late and my head hurts today but I am checking in before shutting down for the night. It looks like there were a lot of fantastic WIs today. I know a few are also feeling frustrated. Something that helps me is the realization that for a very long time I did nothing to help my health. So now, even if it isn't 100%, it's progress and I deserve credit for that.

I had a great pasta salad with cauliflower and IP rotini with WF basalmic for lunch. It was delicious so I will for be doing that again. Dinner was a spicy Jicama Southwest Skillet recipe adapted from South Beach Diet. I was so whipped I didn't want to cook, but it is getting easier to make it happen. Those lazy pizza delivery days could have literally been the death of me!

NinjaNurse, I am using your spice list to add to my grocery list! Does anyone else have good combinations that they recommend?

Have a great night,

~Jenni

lisa32989
01-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I issued this earlier. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hoping for good news.

AnnaBoBanna
01-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Mooselover, so sorry to hear about your father. I hope he can get help.

Congrats to all the great WI today!!

Someone on a thread yesterday posted about making buffalo chicken meatballs (forgive me I forget who!). Tonight I decided to try my hand since I love buffalo sauce and had some ground chicken in the freezer. I minced celery, colored peppers, onion, fresh garlic and added salt, peppery, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, parsley and an egg. They were INSANELY GOOD!! I had done celery sticks on the side and made my own flavored dipping sauce. Just used two Tbs light sour cream as my milk allowance and added ranch seasonings. Delicious!!

QuicheL
01-10-2013, 03:09 AM
I'm a newbie here, finishing my 6th day OP and can honestly say I haven't cheated ONCE...mighty tempted, but willpower won! Going for WI tomorrow, but it's that TOM for me, so I imagine not much loss will show. My goal is to get to a healthy BMI of 25% because when asked what my goal was, I had no idea! I just want to be healthier and how many pounds to lose to get to a good percentage I had no clue. I have a scale at home and WI every morning first thing....watching the percentage of fat sslllloooowwwwlllyyy go down, but pounds not so much.
I am hungry a good percentage of the time...how long does that last?
Well, time for sleep...WI is bright and early...goodnight all... :)

Willi
01-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Thank you so much everyone!!!! I appreciate your kind words and prayers. They think my Dads tumor can be treated with high dose steroids. They are still waiting on MRI results, but he had a steroid shot already and said he feels some relief. I will let you know more as I find out. They are in their vacation home for the winter, and my Mom is not comfortable driving around Las Vegas (small town Wyoming girl). She has been stuck at the hospital since yesterday afternoon and her phone is dead. My cousin who lives close by is going to go get my dads meds from the house and pick up my Mom so she can go home and get some sleep. My sister from Wyoming is going to fly there on Friday to help them out for a week :)

You are in my thoughts. Cherish your father!

Willi
01-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Speaking of spice blends, I made Morocan Meatballs last night and used this spice blend. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

Spice Blend:
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Sounds like you are Ninja cook as well as Ninjanurse!