Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim 9

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Wonderslim 9

Shero
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Started a new one because the old one is about at it's post limit.

Amelia
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks Shero!

A little but about me: Im from MD, mother of two awesome boys. Engaged to the love of my life <3 I weigh 228 which is the heaviest Ive ever been. I would say my 'normal' weight is 180 to 195. However, I was never really happy at that range. According to the BMI charts, my ideal weight is 120 lbs for my height. But I know that 120 lbs is unrealistic. My goal is 150 lbs.

I will be sticking to the WonderSlim plan but will be using Metabolic Reset shakes in place for the WS shakes. This is only because I bought 3 large tubs of it months ago and don't want them to go to waste. I would like to stay under 1100 calories per day.

Today was my day 1 and it was not so bad. I was proud of myself for sticking to the plan despite having so many snacks and junkfood around the house.

Shero
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Amelia-I love your name. Have you checked out Lose-it.com.... There is a free program that you can keep track of your food and exercise. What is the difference in calories and Nutrients between the Metabolic Reset Shakes and Wonderslim?

When are you getting married???

buttonsandbones
01-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi, I've been catching up on the WS threads over the last couple weeks and thought I'd post. I decided I would try Medifast but after spending three days after Christmas researching it online, I decided on WS instead. I started Jan 3. So far so good.

My weight has been up and down all my life but in the last 10 years, except during a stint on WW, it's steadily been going up. (Doggone this middle age!) It's taking a toll on me physically and I have to do something.

I'm going to try to get back to exercising this week. I usually do an eliptical early in the morning but haven't bothered since Thanksgiving so I may start off slower on the treadmill. Is anyone else exercising or had issues with it since beginning WS?

Good luck to us all. I don't know how often I'll be posting, but I will be reading regularly. :)

JulieSt
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I've been lurking a while, too, and decided it a time to join. I'm from Iowa, 50 years old, hubby & I have 2 sons.

I've done a couple diets the past years but don't have many losses to show for it. A friend lost big on IP, but I don't have a clinic nearby. When I researched for alternatives, I found Wonderslim. My order arrived Saturday, my first day was today. So far, I think I need to get up earlier to get all this food in! I also forgot to eat my morning snack but worked it in in the afternoon and I didn't get all the water down. I hope practice makes perfect!

Thanks for your posts, they've been a big help.

namaste1969
01-07-2013, 11:57 PM
So great to hear from everyone. And get to know you all a little better:)
It's been a long day so I won't post much tonight. I am enjoying the simplicity of WS. With my busy life it works so well!
Hope you all have a great Tuesday. Remember it's one day, one meal, one bite at a time. :hug:

JoyPerman
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi, everyone. It is going to be super fun in here!

I had a pretty bad day yesterday & ate about it....but am back on program today. And I have a plan for the next time this happens. :)

I did get on the scales today after my carb load last night & was up 2 lbs.

Amelia - Good to get to know you better.

Button&bones - I was told to take it really easy for the first two weeks. I didn't do much the first week & started walking this week. I'm planning to hit the gym staring next week.

Namaste say it well...one day, one meal, one bite at a time. :)

Shero - Thanks for the encouragement. I love hearing about your puppies.

Have a great day everyone!

irish51
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome,Shero.

I am a 61 yr old widow, from Illinois,with 2 grown sons and a 10 month old grandson. Like so many, I have been doing this diet thing on/off for years.

Wonderslim is similar to a diet I did over 20 years ago through a weight loss center. At that time I lost 75 lbs in 8 months. I never gained all the weight back,but I never kept it all off.:o

When my husband passed away, I was doing WW, but I quit, because I had a difficult time being around crowds.That was almost 10 years ago. I have since joined and quit WW a couple more times,but it just did not seem to be working for me any more.

So now that you know more than you probably wanted to:D, I am glad to find this group, I think it is easier to do this when you have support from others.

Time2Bfit4life
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone, I'm nearly 55 with about another 15 pounds to lose. I'm a slow loser and have done WW and NS in the past. I decided to try Diet Direct foods and just yesterday found bariatricsource where I ordered a nice introductory kit for $49 which was a great price.

So far all the foods are pretty good and the WonderSlim pudding/shakes are so much better than other ones I tried in the past and with only 100 cal. it's a great snack when I get a sweet craving.

So far, I love the pancakes, cereal, vegetarian joe, shake/puddings (all that I've tried so far) and am looking forward to trying the dinners. I had to finish off my last order of Nutrisystem food first as I can't just waste money but know they are too high in carbs for me. I also find eating every 3 hours or so helps me not to binge eat.

I look forward to following this thread and the insight everyone has as well as the great support here!

Time2Bfit4life
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Also, can someone tell me how to get the weight ticker? I've got 29 posts and have been here since November so I should be qualified for one now.

Shero
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Here is my log for the day from lose it.com I cut and pasted it:

Fat 38.9g 25.6%
Saturated Fat 8.8g
Cholesterol 201.2mg
Sodium 2,579.5mg I think this number is high...
Carbohydrates 133.4g 39.1%
Fiber 9.1g
Sugars 20.2g
Protein 120.3g 35.3%

Foods I ate today:

Berry Smoothie 2 Servings 200 calories
Bar, Pure Protein 1 Serving 200

Gravy-Chicken 4 Servings 100 (Dry mix)
Chicken Breast, Skinless, Cooked 2 Each 284
Rice, White, Medium Grain, Cooked 1 Cup 242
Peas, Garden, Frozen 1/2 Cup 52
Mushrooms, Shitake, Pieces, Canned 1/2 Cup 41

Snacks:

Tuna Salad 1 Serving 210
Crackers, Ritz 4 1/3 Pieces 69

Finally have the protein close to the carbs....

Shero
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Welcome to all the new posters. I am getting excited.

To post a ticker you go to User CP-Left upper corner of thread. Edit Signatures..... Time2beFit-let me know if this helps......:)

Irish51-Wonderslim is the same nutrients as Weight Loss Clinic. Sorry for the loss of your husband.

Just a quick explaination of finding diet direct. I bought some Weight Loss Clinic nutrients through the newspaper. Did great on it so when I started looking for more I found Diet Direct-I compared everything-it is the same. I recently found another website that is a little cheaper than Diet Direct, I believe it is the same one as Time to be fit.

http://www.bariatricfoodsource.com/default.asp

I have ordered some items-I will let you know for sure. Guys it's so great to be feeling hope. Cant wait for tomorrow...weigh in day.

Amelia
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Amelia-I love your name. Have you checked out Lose-it.com.... There is a free program that you can keep track of your food and exercise. What is the difference in calories and Nutrients between the Metabolic Reset Shakes and Wonderslim?

When are you getting married???

Thanks Shero, your so kind!

I LOVE Lose-It! I found it while browsing for calorie tracking apps. It is awesome and I know its going to be an excellent tool for keeping me on track. Plus, its so convenient since I have it right on my phone.

I dunno when we are getting married lol. We have been engaged for 3 years and keep pushing the date back. Hopefully it will be before the end of this year.

I was thinking that I would just use up what I have of my Metabolic Reset shakes but upon comparing the two, I think I will stick with them instead of the WS shakes. Heres the breakdown:

Metabolic Reset: Vanilla Flavor
Calories: 130
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5 g <1%
Cholesterol 2 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g 22%
Soluble Fiber 4 g *
Sugars 2 g *
Protein 21 g
Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 1667 IU 33%
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 20 mg 34%
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol) 133 IU 33%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 10 IU 33%
Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate) 0.5 mg 33%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.57 mg 33%
Niacin (as niacinamide) 6.67 mg 33%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 0.67 mg 33%
Folic Acid 133 mcg 33%
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 2 mcg 33%
Biotin (as biotin triturate) 100 mcg 33%
Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 3.33 mg 33%
Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate and from Whey Protein Isolate) 500 mg 50%
Phosphorus (as dicalcium phosphate) 330 mg 33%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 50 mcg 33%
Magnesium (as magnesium oxide) 130 mg 33%
Zinc (as zinc oxide) 5 mg 33%
Copper (as copper gluconate) 0.67 mg 33%
Sodium 150 mg 6%
Potassium 125 mg 4%
Whey Protein Isolate 23 g *
Viscofiber® Proprietary Blend (Viscofiber® Oat Beta-Glucan Concentrate; Inulin (chicory root extract); Xanthan Gum) 8 g

Wonder Slim:
Calories: 100
Fat 1.5g
Protein 15g
Carbs 7g
Sugar 4g
And 20% DV of most of the nutrients.

So, it seems like even though the MR shakes have more calories, it have alot more protein and more nutrients. It seems to really keep my hunger in control because I always have one for breakfast and never really feel hungry. I may even decide to start replacing more meals with shakes.

Amelia
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks joy.

Thats good to hear that your back on plan. Im curious to know what your plan will be if that happens again, care to share?

Shero
01-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Here is an old post I found:

My coworker also brought in some info from her husbands nutritionist-It has a guide of protein: 60g for women, 75g for men.

Shero
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I think this is close except a little higher:

800-1000 cal
<30 g fat
<100 g carbs
at least 70 grams of protein

Gives us a base... Lose it gives me 1600 calories.....

JulieSt
01-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I HATE raisins but I have to admit the WS oatmeal raisin cookie isn't bad. My boss had a pot of soup on today and it even fit on my food plan, I had my WS foods for supper.

So far, I'm not hating this, will I really lose weight?

namaste1969
01-08-2013, 09:59 PM
When my husband passed away, I was doing WW, but I quit, because I had a difficult time being around crowds.That was almost 10 years ago. I have since joined and quit WW a couple more times,but it just did not seem to be working for me any more.

I'm sorry to hear what you have gone through. :(
I wanted to share that I have gone back to WW a couple of times and have not had any success either. ( back in my 20's I lost 50 lbs on their old program - the one with daily number of breads, dairy,fruit, etc) I think the points system is just too flexible and I could eat cereal all day if I chose to.

audio51
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi all. I was on the Medifast Diet about a year ago and did very well on it. I lost 45 lbs. My plan was to stay on it until I got down to my goal weight of 145, then switch over to WW. I didn’t quite get all the way to 145 and just couldn't make myself stay on MF any longer. I put about 10 lbs. back on and then tried Nutrisystem. I really didn't lose anything on that and have a bunch of leftover food to get rid of. I am definitely going back on and Medifast-like plan because now I am back to withing 10 lbs of my starting weight and just feel miserable Nothing fits and I refuse to buy new “fat clothes”. I have read a bit about WS and am leaning toward that, partially because of cost. I will be ordering this weekend so need to make a decision. I like the prices and they seem to have more options in some of the categories. I LOVE chocolate so will likely be order mostly that whenever possible. I would like some feedback on taste if possible. I like the MF food well enough and even did some of the "Recipes" I found on this and other sites. I don't do spicy at all, so will steer clear of anything with that in the name. I have seen posts about being able to have fruit and carbs. Is that true? Have any of you tried both plans? If so, which to you prefer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

irish51
01-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks Sheri, I have " lose it" on my phone, I really like it.

Watching the stats over the past couple days,I think the sodium is high also.

Thank you, namaste 1969.

Shero
01-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Well I am excited at announce my 1 week weigh in-

259.2-that is a 6# loss in a week. Remember I just started to incorporate the WS shakes this week-the first three days was calorie watching.

Yesterday I used a gravy mix to make Chicken casserole and that always has alot of sodium....

irish51
01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Congratulations Sheri, 6lbs gone:dance: :carrot: :dance: :carrot:

Shero
01-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Mayo Clinic notes that healthy adults should consume no more than 2,300 mg of sodium per day. This number is the most a healthy adult can eat each day, but less may help promote better health. Limit processed food, choose foods that are labeled as low-sodium, and keep the salt shaker off the dining table to help keep your intake within these limits.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/418944-healthy-levels-of-sodium-per-person/#ixzz2HWXyCVml

Amelia
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Hi all. I was on the Medifast Diet about a year ago and did very well on it. I lost 45 lbs. My plan was to stay on it until I got down to my goal weight of 145, then switch over to WW. I didn’t quite get all the way to 145 and just couldn't make myself stay on MF any longer. I put about 10 lbs. back on and then tried Nutrisystem. I really didn't lose anything on that and have a bunch of leftover food to get rid of. I am definitely going back on and Medifast-like plan because now I am back to withing 10 lbs of my starting weight and just feel miserable Nothing fits and I refuse to buy new “fat clothes”. I have read a bit about WS and am leaning toward that, partially because of cost. I will be ordering this weekend so need to make a decision. I like the prices and they seem to have more options in some of the categories. I LOVE chocolate so will likely be order mostly that whenever possible. I would like some feedback on taste if possible. I like the MF food well enough and even did some of the "Recipes" I found on this and other sites. I don't do spicy at all, so will steer clear of anything with that in the name. I have seen posts about being able to have fruit and carbs. Is that true? Have any of you tried both plans? If so, which to you prefer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the group! I also used to do MF and lost 35 lbs a few years ago. But I love WS because I think the food really does taste better. I wish I knew of it then.

I love chocolate too and my favorites are the berries and chocolate cereal, the Cinna Crunch and Chocolate snacks, and the Chocolate Crunchies - those remind me of Nestle Buncha Crunch.

I also dont like spicy foods either, but, WS has a Spicy Cheese Pasta and it is my favorite entree, I cant figure out why they call it "spicy" because it isn't hot and doesn't have any hint of spice to it at all. Has anyone else tried the Spicy Cheese Pasta?

namaste1969
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Well I am excited at announce my 1 week weigh in-

259.2-that is a 6# loss in a week. Remember I just started to incorporate the WS shakes this week-the first three days was calorie watching. ...

Congratulations Shero!! :carrot::dancer:

audio51
01-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the group! I also used to do MF and lost 35 lbs a few years ago. But I love WS because I think the food really does taste better. I wish I knew of it then.

I love chocolate too and my favorites are the berries and chocolate cereal, the Cinna Crunch and Chocolate snacks, and the Chocolate Crunchies - those remind me of Nestle Buncha Crunch.

I also dont like spicy foods either, but, WS has a Spicy Cheese Pasta and it is my favorite entree, I cant figure out why they call it "spicy" because it isn't hot and doesn't have any hint of spice to it at all. Has anyone else tried the Spicy Cheese Pasta?Amelia,

Thanks for the info...that's exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for. I have been seeing the Spicy Cheese & Pasta listed a as favorite by many so I may give it a try. It's good to see that someone else has the same taste as me. If you don't mind my asking...how have you done on WS?

buttonsandbones
01-10-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm so thrilled to say that after my first week I am down 10.2 pounds! :carrot:

I have to say it hasn't been a bad week at all; not nearly as difficult as I thought it might be. Days 3 & 4 I was a bit hungry before supper, but that's it. I ordered the one month package so I could try lots of different items. Two things I don't care for are the tomato soup and the berry yogurt smoothie. Everything else is just fine. The hotcakes are really good.

Does anyone use a tracker to track their food? I use myfitnesspal. It has all the products in their database so that's easy. I don't know that it's necessary, but I like to have an idea of what I'm eating each day. My highest calorie day so far has been 1100. If someone had told me a week ago that I could eat only 900-1100 calories and be full I'd have been calling out the folks in the white coats to take them away.

From what I've been reading so far all of us are having success with WS and the enthusiasm is high. High five to everyone and pat us all on the back. We're doing fabulous!!:cheer2:

zoesmom
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Lordie, Lordie, Lordie--I've been gone too long. Lots of new names, lots of news, some not so great, some absolutely amazing. Keep it up all!

I've been MIA since August...got hit with a heck of an illness that came pretty close to killing me. Something about my asthmatic lungs not really liking to get sick or something like that. Several months in, and while better, I am still not "better." More and more and more tests we go, eventually we will figure out just what is wrong with me, but until then, I make do. Worst of worst is surgery. I hope not to get to that point. My doctor and I agree, losing weight is going to be my best bet on overcoming this and he has me on a goal of 20 pounds lost in 3 months. Let's see if I can do that.

While I was MIA, I really mostly stopped WS. Sure, I drank a shake here or there, at a snack bar or desert on occassion, but mostly, I put it on hiatis. You know, medical bills and all from a rather lengthy stay at the hospital. And then the freaking holidays. In any case, I am a week and an half back OP and all in all, I am quite happy. Mostly because I didn't gain any weight while not on plan, but also because I have lost 8 pounds since I started back up. Guess I shocked my body into doing the restart thing.

In any case, my doctor finally released me to diet and excercise again (YEAH!) so...here's to the new year....hope not to disappear for any length of time this go around.

Looking forward to share my ongoing success and read all about yours!!!

JoyPerman
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi, everyone :)

I had a schedule change at work & haven't been able to get on til now. The change looks good. I will keep my "home" schedule & come into work & workout before I start working. I've done it for the last 2 days & am feeling good. :)

I also LOVE "Lose it". My days usually show that i'm around 100 protein & 110 - 133 grams of carbs.

I have stuck pretty close to the plan in the last couple of days but have a HUGE weekend coming up. I will have to be strong.

Talk to you all soon!

Shero
01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Yesterday was a horrible day....back on track today.... I think sometimes we will all have days we feel famished.....

Shero
01-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Great job Buttonsandbones on you weekly loss. I got my stuff from Bariatic food Source and it the same as Wonderslim-at least the packaging...a little cheaper than Diet Direct. They sent me 4 samples... Peanut butter and Jelly Protein bar-not to bad at all.

I love both the berry and strawberry smoothies. Spicy pasta, chocolate and finally have gotten used to the hot cocoa.

To think I could lose 25 pounds in a month is very exciting..

Amelia
01-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Amelia,

Thanks for the info...that's exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for. I have been seeing the Spicy Cheese & Pasta listed a as favorite by many so I may give it a try. It's good to see that someone else has the same taste as me. If you don't mind my asking...how have you done on WS?

Ive been doing like too good to be true to be honest lol. I began on Monday and Ive been weighing myself everyday ( I know, shame on me, but it really keeps me motivated) and I started at 228.8 and as of this morning im down to 223.4! The plan for women says to eat between 1000 and 1200 calories per day. I stay around 1050.

namaste1969
01-10-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm so thrilled to say that after my first week I am down 10.2 pounds!

Congratulations buttons!! Your doing great :bravo:

namaste1969
01-10-2013, 10:35 PM
I didn't stay on track too well yesterday and today. I know I let my stress get the best of me :stress:
But you all have motivated me to get my focus back!

audio51
01-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Ive been doing like too good to be true to be honest lol. I began on Monday and Ive been weighing myself everyday ( I know, shame on me, but it really keeps me motivated) and I started at 228.8 and as of this morning im down to 223.4! The plan for women says to eat between 1000 and 1200 calories per day. I stay around 1050.

That's GREAT, Amelia! I hope I do as well! It is very encouraging. I will be starting at about 196 (if I don't gain anymore before I start...:nono:) and want to get to 150. I should be able to do it by my birthday in mid March. I would love to be skinny (for me) by then!

Amelia
01-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia

That's GREAT, Amelia! I hope I do as well! It is very encouraging. I
will be starting at about 196 (if I don't gain anymore before I start... ) and want to get to 150. I should be able to do it by my birthday in mid March. I would love to be skinny (for me) by then!

Thanks! Oh yea Im sure you can get down to 150 by then. Eat the food and lose weight, thats really all there is to it. One thing I will say is to make sure you order a good variety because you don't wanna get tired of eating the same thing and then fall off the wagon. That happened to me when I was on MF. Also diet direct lets you send stuff back to ecchange if you don't like it.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

audio51
01-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I hope you are right Amelia. I can't wait to place my order tonight!

fee128
01-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I didn't stay on track too well yesterday and today. I know I let my stress get the best of me :stress:
But you all have motivated me to get my focus back!

Don't worry one day won't ruin all of your efforts.

I hope you are right Amelia. I can't wait to place my order tonight!

I agree I believe that is completely doable.

well I haven't posted in a few days, sorry about that. I am doing well thus far and it has been just over a week since I started and I am down 5 pounds. I am having more calories then Wonderslim suggests but I have been maintaining my exercise and start training for a half-marathon next week (walking) so I can't cut my calories too low.

JoyPerman
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi, guys! Yes, I am back on plan & feeling good. :)

Amealia - The thing that happens is that when I get stressed or upset there is like a "default" to begin eating. It is like I got into "robot eating" mode & just being to eat without thinking of stopping. Like my brain is somewhere else & I just stuff & stuff my face until I am full enough that I stop.

So, my husband & I talked about it....why it happens, what exactly happens, how guilty I feel afterwards & how desperately I want NOT to do it but just continue.

The plan is:
1. Call or txt my dh to let him know I'm headed in that direction. (He will start praying for me.)
2. When I get home - do not turn on the tv but either go for a walk, call a friend, log on here, read one of the books I'm currently reading, etc.

Really the goal is to not shut my brain off & let my addiction take control. Praying & fellowship with God are key. Asking God to satisfy as He has promised. :)

That's the plan.

I've worked out all three of my "new schedule" days this week & feel SO good.

How is everyone doing?

irish51
01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Amelia, I had to laugh when I read your post about weighing yourself.

I weigh myself every morning and every night before bed...like I can dream away the pounds!

I am trying to break this habit,but so far, still doing it:dizzy:

Congratulations on your loss.I started on Sunday and I am not down that much.

ruthie33
01-11-2013, 01:36 PM
im confused wonderslim used to be diet direct's old name?

JoyPerman
01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Audio - WS does allows fruit & carbs. I think it is a much more "reasonable" plan. You don't feel deprived. Maybe it won't come off quite as quickly...but it's worth it to me to be able to have a more normal life. :) I am not a fan of Medifast (except their bars are awesome). In my opinion the food is NOT good. WS is cheaper by far also. I wouldn't want to steer anyone away from MF if that's what they want to do. However, I've done both & find my life if so much better on WS. I think it's because I can have some carbs & I really like the food.

Also, I lost 11.4 pounds in the first week. I had a cheat day because of stress but think I have still lost this week. I will see Sunday morning. :)

Shero - Super congrats on your weight loss! That is wonderful!

B&B - AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.

Go, Broncos!!!!

Amelia
01-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Joy - That sounds like a plan that will work. The only time I find that I think about cheating is when I haven't eaten in a long time. As soon as I eat one of the meals though I no longer want to cheat. But its hard with my job I don't get too many chances to eat at work but I will have to start making the time even it it means eating the meals closer together.

Irish - Oh good, I don't feel so bad anymore! :) I always read in the diet things that you should weight once per week but I feel like, if you see the weight coming off you are more likely to keep motivated. Oh and thanks! Yea it weird because Ive never lost this much this fast before, but Im not complaining.

Amelia
01-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Okay everyone, I tried the pancakes this morning and um...yea...so how can I make them better without adding calories?? They are so bland, I couldnt even eat all of it. I used 1/8 cup of sugarfree syrup and just a smear of Shed Spread but I still had to kinda force myself to eat what I did of it.

zoesmom
01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Okay everyone, I tried the pancakes this morning and um...yea...so how can I make them better without adding calories?? They are so bland, I couldnt even eat all of it. I used 1/8 cup of sugarfree syrup and just a smear of Shed Spread but I still had to kinda force myself to eat what I did of it.

HA! I felt the same way!

Add 1 tsp of vanilla, a dash of cinnamon, and a little Splenda. Taste is MUCHO better!!!!

Also..if you have the oatmeal, mix the oatmeal and the pancake mix (w/ everything above) and 1/4 cup water and make muffins...I love those things!

Amelia
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
HA! I felt the same way!

Add 1 tsp of vanilla, a dash of cinnamon, and a little Splenda. Taste is MUCHO better!!!!

Also..if you have the oatmeal, mix the oatmeal and the pancake mix (w/ everything above) and 1/4 cup water and make muffins...I love those things!

Thx for the tip! I will def give that a try. Hmm the muffins sound interesting. Ive never ordered the oatmeal, maybe I will order that next time.

fee128
01-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Joy great job on the workouts this week!

Irish the weight will come off.

Today I added a tablespoon of PB2 to my chocolate protein shake and it was delicious!

Shero
01-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I am reading the book "Lose It" that goes with the website. Very good info.
Dont forget Bariatric Food Source.

Diet Direct sells Wonderslim....

I have also been weighing everyday.

Sometimes I think the days we eat more is because our body is telling us---hey what the heck are you doing. According to my calorie log-I have cut my calories by 1000 everyday......

I don't know why the shakes, bars and meal subs work but we are all here saying the same thing. Let's hope that on Feb 11th we are still all here. I want to be.

Shero
01-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Here is what everyone has lost since about Jan 1st-

buttonandbones: I'm so thrilled to say that after my first week I am down 10.2 pounds
JoyPerman: I lost 11.4 pounds in the first week.
Fee128-it has been just over a week since I started and I am down 5 pounds
Amelia: Ive been doing like too good to be true to be honest lol. I began on Monday and Ive been weighing myself everyday ( I know, shame on me, but it really keeps me motivated) and I started at 228.8 and as of this morning im down to 223.4!
Shero: Started Jan 2nd and down 6 lbs and counting.

I know I didn't get everyone's loss-got tired of cutting and pasting...lol

PS-according to the lose it book-according to studies done-people that keep track of their food intake and calories lose twice as much. Just Food For Thought

zoesmom
01-12-2013, 06:31 AM

buttonandbones: I'm so thrilled to say that after my first week I am down 10.2 pounds
Amelia: Ive been doing like too good to be true to be honest lol. I began on Monday and Ive been weighing myself everyday ( I know, shame on me, but it really keeps me motivated) and I started at 228.8 and as of this morning im down to 223.4!

PS-according to the lose it book-according to studies done-people that keep track of their food intake and calories lose twice as much. Just Food For Thought

Thanks for that wrap up, Shero. Kudos to all...keep up the good work! And thanks for the reminder about jotting everything down. It makes you a lot more accountable when you see how even gum adds up.

Today, I hit my benchmark. I started my journey back in July only to get deathly ill in August and had to go on a serious hiatus until my doctor reapproved me to diet (which was like two weeks ago,) so...I guess the going is sluggish for me. But, I hit my second mini goal today I have lost a total of 28 pounds since my start of WS...10 pounds of that is since January 1st.

And the news gets better....I have found not one, not two, but THREE WS buddies! My husband said last night he has seen what it has done for me, and noticed that even when not dieting, I still maintained. He wants to join! He's going to sample my stuff this weekend and we are going to order based off what he liked by Sunday, before prices go up. And a husband/wife couple came over last night. The wife hadn't seen me since prior to me starting WS. Told her the story...and now here and her husband are joining! I am sitting on cloud nine this morning! What a great year!

Shero
01-12-2013, 11:54 AM
I am sitting here drinking the WS orange blast-it is great and who can get 12 grams of protein from Orange drink. I am alittle obsessed with the scale right now.

Zoe-Bariatricfoodsource.com is cheaper than diet direct.... just an fyi

I tried to eat the WS Beef stew and it is just not good to me. Anyone had any success "seasoning this".....I am trying to use up what I had in the cupboard..... Should just throw it away!!!

JulieSt
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Congrats to all on your losses! Apparently, my fat wants to hang around. I started Monday, and am down only 2 lbs. which is better than none. I also have not exercised and I struggle to get all the water in. Any pointers?

Shero
01-12-2013, 02:13 PM
JulieSt-keep going.....If you mean this Monday-it's only been 5 days. You may see a sudden drop.

Water is always a big issue with me too. All I can say is that i am trying to drink water in the morning well I get ready for work. Lunch.... And then one at night.....Usually 16 oz....

buttonsandbones
01-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Wow! We are doing terrific. Congratulations to all of us! :cp: Reading how well everyone is doing keeps me inspired. :grouphug:

zoesmom
01-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Zoe-Bariatricfoodsource.com is cheaper than diet direct.... just an fyi

Usually, I would agree...but I've been racking up referral points and rewards points and with everything being on super sale right now, I can get a 12 week pack for $616. Bariatric can't touch that. THEN, after this order, I will have $100 worth of reward points to put to my next order...so...I think Diet Direct has won me over.

Shero
01-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Wow you have done good. I have not had any referral stuff. You could be closer to 200 than 300 pretty darn soon. Bet you are seeing it.
Sorry you got ill-

Don't weigh at night

namaste1969
01-13-2013, 12:48 PM

Hi ladies,
Weighed in for the first time since starting 10 days ago. I was down 4.5lbs. I must admit that I was a little disappointed. :( However I have not done this program exactly as I should have. Eating out, few bites of off program food here and there, eating extra bars, etc. and only exercising on 2 days.
So, I'm thinking I need to write down my plan for each day the evening before. I know this will make it less likely for me to go off course.
I also need to remember that I could be UP 4.5 lbs if I wasn't doing this. :)

irish51
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Weighed in this morning down 2.2 lbs for the week.:carrot:

I known it doesn't seem like alot but this is the lowest I have been in probably 9 years.

Namaste 1969 Congratulations on your -4.5 lbs

namaste1969
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Amealia - The thing that happens is that when I get stressed or upset there is like a "default" to begin eating. It is like I got into "robot eating" mode & just being to eat without thinking of stopping. Like my brain is somewhere else & I just stuff & stuff my face until I am full enough that I stop.

Joy, I know exactly what you are talking about. I call it being on "auto-pilot". And it typically occurs while standing in the kitchen. :^:

namaste1969
01-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Weighed in this morning down 2.2 lbs for the week.:carrot:

I known it doesn't seem like alot but this is the lowest I have been in probably 9 years.

Namaste 1969 Congratulations on your -4.5 lbs

Thanks Irish :) Congratulations on your accomplishment too!

NWPhotog
01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and very impressed with what I have read. I ordered about 2 weeks each of WS and MF. My nephew has lost 80 lbs on MF and inspired me to reduce my weight. Over the last few days I have been sampling both and I can see this working for me. Any way I am considering today my official start. I weigh 290 and have a goal of 220 or less. Wish me luck!!!

JoyPerman
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi, Everyone -

Wow! It looks like everybody is doing great!!! I stayed exactly the same this week but my clothes are looser so I"m going to say I am gaining muscle, losing fat & if I don't start my period soon I am going to explode. :) 11.4 pounds for two weeks is a very good average.

Someone said something about throwing MF away. I put my stuff on Craigslist & had a couple of gals fighting over it. Ppl will buy it so I hardly ever throw anything away.

Best of luck to everyone!!! :)

Shero
01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Welcome NWPhotogrl. You can do it.

I am amazed at how well it is going for me.

JoyPerman-I had some WS I was going to throw away. Just some individual packages=not enough to sell.

Shero
01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
I would say if you lose 2# a week that is great. Congrats to all......we can do it.

namaste1969
01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I have a question on the menu. If I'm reading it correctly each day we get one optional serving from the list. And then one more serving of one of the following each day; dairy or starch or another optional. Is this correct?

zoesmom
01-13-2013, 09:33 PM
I have a question on the menu. If I'm reading it correctly each day we get one optional serving from the list. And then one more serving of one of the following each day; dairy or starch or another optional. Is this correct?

You got it. (although for what it is worth, I have found that if you are aiming for the 1000 calorie mark opposed to the 1200 calorie mark, you can leave this be without any adverse effect. Then again, holding off and not using it for dinner but instead using it later in desert by putting 1-2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese in the cheese cake is mucho fabulouso!)

namaste1969
01-13-2013, 10:06 PM
You got it. (although for what it is worth, I have found that if you are aiming for the 1000 calorie mark opposed to the 1200 calorie mark, you can leave this be without any adverse effect. Then again, holding off and not using it for dinner but instead using it later in desert by putting 1-2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese in the cheese cake is mucho fabulouso!)

Thanks zoesmom!

Amelia
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey everyone! Today was my week 1 weigh in, and Im down 6lbs! I thought it would be more since so much came off in the first few days but Im not complaining at all!

namaste1969
01-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey everyone! Today was my week 1 weigh in, and Im down 6lbs! I thought it would be more since so much came off in the first few days but Im not complaining at all!

Wow! Nice job Amelia!

irish51
01-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Congratulations, Amelia!!

zoesmom
01-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Congrats! That is awesome!

VAA
01-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone!!! Just got my WS 4 week box today, starting tommorrow I am so excited!!! I am determined this time, I dont want to be 40 and fat so by June 30, I am hoping to be very close to my goal!!!! Here goes!!!!!!

zoesmom
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Welcome VAA!

What is the goal you are aiming to reach by that time, if you don't mind me asking?

Shero
01-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi All:

Budget

Food

Exercise
-

Net

Under

Breakfast: 380

Bar, Cinnamon Roll (Zone Select)
1 Serving

Chocolate Carmel Protein Bar
1 Serving

Lunch: 90
Chicken Pasta Soup (Baratic Food Source)
1 Serving

Dinner: 359

Pork, fresh, composite of trimmed retail cuts (loin and sho
3 Ounces

Mashed Potatoes, Inst
1/2 Cup

Snacks: 438

Berry Blast (Wonderslim)
1 Serving

Crackers, Ritz
8 Pieces

Tuna Salad
1 Serving

Exercise: 0

No exercises logged for today

Daily calorie budget

Food calories consumed

Exercise calories burned

Net calories so far today

I can eat 334 more calories today

This is my Lose it log for the day. I am finding a good combination of tools to use.

Tomorrow is weigh in day......:)

VAA
01-15-2013, 10:57 PM
ZOESMOM.... Thanks! Well.... In a perfect world and I am giving myself a HUGE goal, but hopefully 70lbs off by my birthday (July 1) I am not exactly sure of my final goal, it depends really on how i look and feel. On my 30th birthday, (I had just lost 40lbs in 12 weeks) I weighed about 185, I felt awesome but I thought I looked a little too thin in my face... 10 years, 3 kids later and a lot of stress and here I am.... Good luck!!! I am sure we will chat soon!

namaste1969
01-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Shero,
Thanks for posting your lose it info. It's interesting to see what others eat. I need to buy some pork loin. I'm getting a bit tired of chicken.
I finally tried the Lose it! App and I really liked it. Especially the ability to scan the UPC code with my iPad camera and have it pull up the product info. So cool.

namaste1969
01-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Hello everyone!!! Just got my WS 4 week box today, starting tommorrow I am so excited!!! I am determined this time, I dont want to be 40 and fat so by June 30, I am hoping to be very close to my goal!!!! Here goes!!!!!!

Welcome VAA!

Shero
01-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome VAA-

2nd week weight loss 5#-so I have lost 10# in two weeks....not a problem with me.

I am so excited.....

Shero
01-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Shero,
Thanks for posting your lose it info. It's interesting to see what others eat. I need to buy some pork loin. I'm getting a bit tired of chicken.
I finally tried the Lose it! App and I really liked it. Especially the ability to scan the UPC code with my iPad camera and have it pull up the product info. So cool.

I don't have an Ipad but keying it in from the label isn't that bad.

irish51
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Welcome VAA!

Shero, I love using Lose it. I have it on my phone,so throughout the day I can check to see how many calories I have used and how many I have left.

Congratulations on your 10 lbs gone!

zoesmom
01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Kudos Shero! Job well done!

Ladies--I want to throw in a random topic here oppossed to creating a new thread. I want to know what your obstacles are. I figure if we all know each other's vices, maybe we can become a stronger support system and sounding board for the days those vices get the best of us. So, I submit to you this question:

What sabatoges your success?

For me, it is my OCD and a type A personality. I am in control of everything in my life. Except my weight. This kills me. For the life of me, I cannot get it under control. Every time I think I am kicking obesity's royal arse and getting it into my grasp, I end up sabatoging myself by convincing myself I can have that ounce of string cheese because I love cheese and I "got this." Or I convince myself that fat free frozen Greek yogurt is better than ice cream and convinently forget it still adds calories to diet.

Sure, I have slip ups, but this moments are not slip ups. A slip up, in my book, is craving pizza and gorging on 4 slices. What I end up doing is more along the line of deciding to have pizza instead of craving it, then allow myself one slice. I try to take control of my weight by telling myself my body can handle it, when in truth, it can't. The slip ups are few and far between, maybe once every 2-3 months. Me "taking control" is more along the lines of once a week. I still lose weight, but not as much as I could if I would stop this habit. I have to realize that I am not in control, else I wouldn't be as heavy as I am. But for the life of me, my OCD and type A part of me just won't let go. And tomorrow is Thursday. That is the day I convince myself I am "in control" as we have ballet that night. That means I have to take my three year old out to class and we don't get home anywhere soon enough for me to be able to make dinner, eat, clean up, and get her to bed. So...we tend to go out to Cheddar's. I always order healthy, I am talking fish, salad, or grilled chicken. I never eat any starch during this dinner, always brocolli and carrots. I always only eat half of my plate and save the rest for later. But, I never remember to tell them not to glaze the fish. I never remember to tell them not to season the chicken. I never remember to bring my low fat/low cal/low carb salad dressing. I always end up gaining 1-2 pounds from this dinner, which means my net lose for the week is usually 1-2 pound oppossed to the possible 2-4 pounds it could be if I would just opt out and figure something else out for that night.

That's my vice. That is my self sabatoge. I am sure I have more, but that is the absolute biggest one.

What's yours?

Shero
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Zoesmom:

I have read your post three times and still don't see the same thing as you do.

I also have a type A personality....I have recently accepted that I am a food addict. I knew I was a compulsive eater but never thought of it as an addiction.....until I picked up the book-The hunger fix.

The problem I have is that I cannot stop eating or just eat a little of something. Like the day I had a package of Knotts Cookies-I didn't just have one because once I had the one package-serving size-said what the heck I'll have another one because I blew it so why not do it good....that's me all or nothing.....

I have often thought the same thought-the one thing God gives me control over-food and I blow it.....

zoesmom
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Shero-I guess what I am trying to say is that currently, I rank everything in two categories when I am off plan:

Slip Ups being when I lose control and completely gorge. Thankfully these are few and far between and not a real concern

Then I have control eating that I do about once a week, where I am not eating bad, per say, but I am not sticking OP, which sabotages my weight loss.

I need to start bulking them all up into slips ups, but until I can wrap my head around that, and the fact I simply do not have this control, I will continue to sabotage myself.

And yes, I agree, I have a food addiction as well. I've been saying that for years. :)

namaste1969
01-16-2013, 09:13 PM
For me, it is my OCD and a type A personality. I am in control of everything in my life. Except my weight. This kills me. For the life of me, I cannot get it under control. Every time I think I am kicking obesity's royal arse and getting it into my grasp, I end up sabatoging myself by convincing myself I can have that ounce of string cheese because I love cheese and I "got this." Or I convince myself that fat free frozen Greek yogurt is better than ice cream and convinently forget it still adds calories to diet.

Sure, I have slip ups, but this moments are not slip ups. A slip up, in my book, is craving pizza and gorging on 4 slices. What I end up doing is more along the line of deciding to have pizza instead of craving it, then allow myself one slice. I try to take control of my weight by telling myself my body can handle it, when in truth, it can't. The slip ups are few and far between, maybe once every 2-3 months. Me "taking control" is more along the lines of once a week. I still lose weight, but not as much as I could if I would stop this habit. I have to realize that I am not in control, else I wouldn't be as heavy as I am. But for the life of me, my OCD and type A part of me just won't let go. And tomorrow is Thursday. That is the day I convince myself I am "in control" as we have ballet that night. That means I have to take my three year old out to class and we don't get home anywhere soon enough for me to be able to make dinner, eat, clean up, and get her to bed. So...we tend to go out to Cheddar's. I always order healthy, I am talking fish, salad, or grilled chicken. I never eat any starch during this dinner, always brocolli and carrots. I always only eat half of my plate and save the rest for later. But, I never remember to tell them not to glaze the fish. I never remember to tell them not to season the chicken. I never remember to bring my low fat/low cal/low carb salad dressing. I always end up gaining 1-2 pounds from this dinner, which means my net lose for the week is usually 1-2 pound oppossed to the possible 2-4 pounds it could be if I would just opt out and figure something else out for that night.

Zoesmom,
I can tell that these slip ups bother you. But I will tell you from an outside perspective you seem to be doing just fine. I don't think it is realistic to expect perfection. We will all have our trips and slips. I truly believe that the real test is whether you get back up and keep moving forward. I'm not saying we shouldn't work to do better but we need to give ourselves credit for ALL the things we are doing right. :)

I will recommend a book you may find helpful. It's called the Beck Diet Solution (train your brain to think like a thin person) by Judith S. Beck. I think there is a forum on this website for people that use the book. It isn't a diet, but tools you can use with any diet.

namaste1969
01-16-2013, 09:20 PM
And to answer the question 'what sabotages your success?' For me it's letting stress get to me and using food to make me feel better.... At least temporarily. :( There are times when I'm stressed that I can talk myself away from food. But other times when I cave. Definitely one of my biggest struggles.

irish51
01-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Great question, Zoesmom,

My answer to ' what sabotages my success' is boredom. When I get bored at night I tend to graze the pantry. A few chips here, a handful of crackers there, whatever I can grab.

This time is different, I have cleared the pantry of all my 'go to' foods. I keep a pair of dumbbells within easy reach, when I am bored watching TV and have the urge to graze,I grabbed the dumbbells and do bicep curls.The urge soon passes and hopefully I will have really toned upper arms :D

VAA
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Day 2 almost done.... Going really well, I feel great except for the headache, I had a 0% chobani for AM snack instead of shake and fruit and that helped a bit. I know its partly b/c of lower carb intake, but i am also not used to aspartame, i got as many aspartame free items as I could...The WS food is really good, I was pleasantly surprised... I could have eaten the entire box of Cinnamon Raisin Bars :-) Have not been hungry :-) Its crazy the amount of food i ate while preparing kids lunches, breakfasts, and when making dinner, the past 2 days I have caught myself and it was at least 20 times... UGH....

Sabotage... After dinner, half the time I am not even hungry, but I eat just to eat b/c I am bored....I need to get some dumbells irish51 :-)

Shero
01-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Here is my word for the day-awareness. How about you?

You know I am wondering why wonderslim works? It's amazing how much you can really lose.... My lose it calories say I should lose 2# a week, why did I loose 5? Not complaining at all. Just a thought.....Next week treadmill time...

namaste1969
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Great question, Zoesmom,

My answer to ' what sabotages my success' is boredom. When I get bored at night I tend to graze the pantry. A few chips here, a handful of crackers there, whatever I can grab.

This time is different, I have cleared the pantry of all my 'go to' foods. I keep a pair of dumbbells within easy reach, when I am bored watching TV and have the urge to graze,I grabbed the dumbbells and do bicep curls.The urge soon passes and hopefully I will have really toned upper arms :D

What a great idea!

zoesmom
01-17-2013, 09:10 PM
It is interesting reading what gets everyone. I can see how stress and boredom can be triggers. If it wasn't for the fact I am never home due to an insanely busy life, that could easily be my vice. I guess I got lucky in that regard...I am stuck with whatever I packed in my lunch for the day. And I love the dumbbell idea, irish! Methinks I need to invest in a set...either that or a thighmaster. :)

VAA--the headaches WILL go away. Probably within the next day or so. I had bad migraines for the first four days of WS and then all of the sudden, they ceased. My energy was low for about two weeks, and then everything went into overdrive and suddenly I was able to do everything I had been able to do, plus some. Just stick with it, as they say, this too shall pass. Also, something I started doing with my mindless nibbling when preparing food might help you. I put gloves on when touching any food product now. Two reasons...gloves remind us of sanitary, so we don't want to touch our mouth and go back to the food, then touch our mouth, and so on. And have you ever put a latex (or rubber) gloved finger in your mouth before? YUCK!

Kudos on the 5# Shero! You are doing amazing awesome!

For me...well...today sucked. I only ate breakfast because I wasn't feeling well. And then we ended up with company over and they requested my specialty, Chicken Cordon Bleu. So...while the wild grain rice, asparagus, and carrots were actually really good for my diet, the fatty chicken, not so much. See...there's that control thing :) Good thing is, tomorrow is another day. I am so going to hate to weigh myself come Monday. This week has not been a good week for me....too much going on where I can't get home. You can attempt to eat healthy at restaurants, but it just never is the same. Thank heavens next week will stabilize and I can get back on track. I'll need it after this week. OH! And our Planet Fitness opened up today, so tomorrow, I will go to pick up my new membership card. Loving the thought of being a member at a gym again!

buttonsandbones
01-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Today is my weigh-in and I'm down 3.8 lbs this week. :carrot:

irish51
01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Congratulations buttonsandbones.That is great!!

buttonsandbones
01-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Kudos Shero! Job well done!

Ladies--I want to throw in a random topic here oppossed to creating a new thread. I want to know what your obstacles are. I figure if we all know each other's vices, maybe we can become a stronger support system and sounding board for the days those vices get the best of us. So, I submit to you this question:

What sabatoges your success?

That's my vice. That is my self sabatoge. I am sure I have more, but that is the absolute biggest one.

What's yours?

This is an excellent topic. I believe I have a food addiction. If I don't have it or don't have it around, I'm fine; but let me have the first bite of something sweet or junky, and there's no looking back for me. My daughter got married early last September and I lost 20 lbs prior. I debated whether to have a piece of wedding cake but being my daughter's wedding I wanted a couple of bites. By the week before Christmas I had gained 30 lbs. And it wasn't holiday food; it was just regular junk. Hostess closing down? Clean out the twinkies. New flavor of potato chips? Better get several bags. And so on it goes. My husband just looks at me and says I can't possibly be hungry and no, I'm not at all hungry but that doesn't matter. That's not why I'm eating. I have no control. I simply must eat it.

The meal replacements are working better than I hoped. I haven't had the dizzies and the shakes and only some slight hunger late in the afternoon once in a while. Smelling food hasn't sent me on a downward spiral. I have such issues controlling what I eat that I think I will always have to use meal replacements for a portion of my food. I think I've finally come to terms with this problem and the idea of having to eat differently like anyone who has to change their diet for health reasons.

Whew, that was heavy. But this is the first time I've really said this to anyone other than my sister and then I've just danced around it. Thanks for listening.

buttonsandbones
01-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Amelia, Shero, Namaste1969, Irish51, JoyPerman--Congratulations! Way to go on the losses this week. :carrot:

VAA
01-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi there.... congrats all on the weightloss... I woke up yesterday headache was gone :-) YEAH!!!! I couldnt stand it had to weigh myself this morning... 9 lbs since Wednesday.... Cant wait to see my official loss this coming Wednesday!!! I also started drinking Dandelion Root tea at night, it totally fills me up and helping with liver detox... Have a great weekend!

Shero
01-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Great job VAA & Buttonsandbones.....

namaste1969
01-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Today is my weigh-in and I'm down 3.8 lbs this week. :carrot:

Congratulations! Great weight loss!

namaste1969
01-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi there.... congrats all on the weightloss... I woke up yesterday headache was gone :-) YEAH!!!! I couldnt stand it had to weigh myself this morning... 9 lbs since Wednesday.... Cant wait to see my official loss this coming Wednesday!!! I also started drinking Dandelion Root tea at night, it totally fills me up and helping with liver detox... Have a great weekend!

Wow! Great job!

namaste1969
01-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Joy, Fee & Amelia,
How are you doing?

winnmom
01-20-2013, 02:10 AM
Hi All,

I just received my 4 week wonderslim food and plan to start on Tuesday. I had WLS 3 yrs ago and have been slowly putting weight back on again, and the nutritional stats for wonderslim match pretty much what I need to get my self back on track.

I was so excited to see that others are having success with this program and hope that it works well for me too. I would like to lose 60 lbs. I will never be the 120 pounds the charts say I should be but feel 160 (less than my husband, LOL) is a reasonable goal. Can't wait to hear more about everyone's success as well as to share my own,

:)

irish51
01-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Buttonsandbones it is hard to say these things out loud, isn't it? I am glad you felt you could share this with us.

We sometimes tell ourselves things and as you say dance around them with others, but I believe once we have the courage (as you did) to write it down for others to see or share it out loud with others we can begin to actually face the problem head on and deal with it.

I am in your corner cheering you on (picture short old lady with pom-poms) ;)...we are going to do this, no matter how hard and how long it takes.

irish51
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
VAA...WOW!!! That is a great loss. Glad your headache is gone.

:welcome: winnmom,come often and let us know how you are doing.

irish51
01-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Forgot to post weighed in this morning, lost 2.4 lbs:carrot:

:dust:

zoesmom
01-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Huzzah buttons! The first step in facing a problem is admitting a problem! We all have them, and together, we CAN overcome them and we CAN get our butts in a healthy shape!

VAA, irish, buttons, shero, amelia, joy, and namaste...You ladies are rocking this weight loss thing! (My weigh in is tomorrow and I so don't want to do it...I ended up sick...again...this whole asthma and bad lungs thing REALLY doesn't do well with common colds. I usually end up on steroids and usually end up gaining weight and bet you can't guess what medication I am currently on!!!!)

Welcome winnmom, welcome to the coolest and most supportive ladies around!!!

namaste1969
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Down another 2lbs this week. :goodscale

NWPhotog
01-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Well I did my weekly weigh in. 285 for a net weight loss of 5lbs. Less than I was hoping for but I fudged in a major way Saturday night. I'll take it and move forward. Good luck to all.

irish51
01-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Way to go namaste1969 andNWPhotog!
:cp:

Shero
01-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Well I did my weekly weigh in. 285 for a net weight loss of 5lbs. Less than I was hoping for but I fudged in a major way Saturday night. I'll take it and move forward. Good luck to all.

I havent been doing good since Wednesday, hoping to get back on track this week or it will be 0 loss for me this next Wednesday.

irish51
01-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Hellooooo
Thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. I watched my 10 month old grandson Friday,Saturday, and Monday. There is a reason women have babies when they are young.....he really tired me out.

I love watching him and I certainly get a lot of exercise chasing after him. He has to be one of the fastest crawlers ever!

Hope you are all doing well.

zoesmom
01-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Way to go namaste1969 andNWPhotog!
:cp:

I concur!

My net weight loss was zero pounds. I am not too bummed out. Life was insanely busy this past week, I ended up sick and on steroids again, so I'll take the zero weight loss with a grain of salt, especially since I didn't gain!

I want to kick this illnesses butt back to where it came from so that I can finally get to the gym I just joined. If it isn't one thing it is another. In any case, this is a new week to a new start.

Today's motivational quote:
“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” ~Denis Waitley

audio51
01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Congrats to all of you have lost this week and keep on trying to those who haven't! I finally got my first shipment and will be starting tomorrow. I arreally wanted to start on the weekend so I would be home my first few days and could make sure I have what I need to stay on plan but the Fedex Guy had other plans. I'm a little nervous about it . The food looks good, but seems to require a little more prep that the MF food did. I will have to plan well! :)

Shero
01-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi All-

Well it's Wednesday so that means weigh in day. 1# loss, for a total of 11# in 3 weeks. This last week was a struggle so I happy to have lost just one pound vs. gaining one.....

I could be closed to the 200 mark than the 300 by the end of the month if I keep on track.......

bettyboop56
01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
I had to jump in here you all have sold me on trying the
WS diet I ordered my try me package. It is hard for me to stick to any diet at dinner because i fix a hot dinner for my DH every nite so I will have to be strong. Thanks for the info.

VAA
01-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone!!! Official weigh in, 1 week on WS 11 lbs down!!!! I actually have no cravings, and cant wait to eat my WS food, I guess i am really on board this time, by now on any diet I have recently tried, I would have cheated...

Bettyboop56, this time I decided its for me, so for dinner I make what I want my lean and green (which I forgot how eating healthy tastes SO GOOD), and if my husband and kids dont want wat I am making, they get hot dogs, hamburgers, or something easy.... TOUGH BEANS!!!!! I have been making the crap they all want for 10 years and look where its gotten me..... I finally have come to accept its ok to look out for ME!!!!!

audio51, personally this is the easiest plan I have been on... now I cant attest to the ease of MF but i find this very easy, i eat the shakes/pudding as pudding only (because its easier, and I prefer it) For my am snack, I have been eating a non-fat Chobani yogurt, i checked the Nutritional Values vs. the shake & fruit, they are the same in protein, less fat, and a couple less carbs, and for me its easier... I have been on for a week so I have been finding things that work a little better here and there..... GOOD LUCK!!!

zoesmom
01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
VAA-you rock!

Shero-those struggle weeks are the toughest to overcome, but you still came out lighter, kudos to you!

audio and betty--Welcome ladies to WS! The food is a piece of cake to make, and is tastier than MF. Also, the lean and green dinner can easily be made to accomidate a family. Much like VAA, if they don't like what I made, there's the can opener and there's the soup. They usually eat what I make. :) When you think of it at one meat, two veggies, and a starch--really, that is what we should be eating and many of us already were, just not in a healthy way. The biggest adjustment my husband had was I went from making potatoes almost every night to making brocolli. He'll live.

Today, I had my first NSV. I've had a pair of size 20W pants that have been sitting in my closet for a little over 4 years. I used to fit in them, forever ago. It is my last pair of "skinny" pants that I have...I've refused to get rid of them. Every so often, I would pull them out and see if I could wiggle into them...and usually end up crying as I realized I needed 4-6 inches to be able to even snap them uncomfortably. I haven't tried them on since last July. This morning, I decided to punish myself and try. Lo and behold I fit COMFORTABLY in my size 20W!!! Down from a very snug 24-26W. Oh happy day!

Today's quote of the day:
It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” ~Old Chinese Proverb

bettyboop56
01-23-2013, 12:09 PM
VAA thanks for the input my DH likes hamburgers so I guess he will be getting a lot of them when my food gets here, looking forward to the kit. congrads on all of the weight loss you all have had.

audio51
01-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Zoesmom...way to go! :carrot: Congrats on getting into those skinny pants! I have a couple of pair waiting for me too...

I started on the plan today and am definitley liking what I tried. The one thing i didn;t have a was my starch with my lean & green. I just plain forgot. I was satisfied without it but will make sure I get it from now on.

namaste1969
01-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Today, I had my first NSV. I've had a pair of size 20W pants that have been sitting in my closet for a little over 4 years. I used to fit in them, forever ago. It is my last pair of "skinny" pants that I have...I've refused to get rid of them. Every so often, I would pull them out and see if I could wiggle into them...and usually end up crying as I realized I needed 4-6 inches to be able to even snap them uncomfortably. I haven't tried them on since last July. This morning, I decided to punish myself and try. Lo and behold I fit COMFORTABLY in my size 20W!!! Down from a very snug 24-26W. Oh happy day!

Congratulations! What a great feeling!!

zoesmom
01-24-2013, 08:33 AM
audio-shhhh....don't tell anyone but I don't eat the fruit or the starch. I found that for my body, that is too many starches for me to be able to lose weight. And after I addressed it with my GP, she concurred.

Today's Quote of the Day:
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen

irish51
01-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Welcome audio51 and betty !

zoesmom Congratulations on the pants. It is a great feeling, isn't it?

Vaa..WAY TO GO!

Sheri, good job on the loss.

I had a minor incident on Wednesday night, landed me in the urgent care, so I didn't get to eat dinner and it messed with my plan.

The cool part was when they took me in a room and asked the question "How tall are you and what is your weight?" Now I never have a problem saying I am 5 feet tall, however, I usually hesitate on the second part. Not this time....I looked right at the male nurse and said 149 ! Of course, he had no idea why I was so proud :D

JulieSt
01-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks, Zoesmom. I've already skipped the starch and will now not worry about fruit, either. This has been much slower than what I wanted. I've lost 7 lbs. in 2 1/2 weeks, bit I'll take it!

buttonsandbones
01-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Weekly weigh-in!! Another loss! :carrot:

buttonsandbones
01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Congrats on a good week for everyone! :cheer2:

buttonsandbones
01-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone!!! Official weigh in, 1 week on WS 11 lbs down!!!! I actually have no cravings, and cant wait to eat my WS food, I guess i am really on board this time, by now on any diet I have recently tried, I would have cheated...

Bettyboop56, this time I decided its for me, so for dinner I make what I want my lean and green (which I forgot how eating healthy tastes SO GOOD), and if my husband and kids dont want wat I am making, they get hot dogs, hamburgers, or something easy.... TOUGH BEANS!!!!! I have been making the crap they all want for 10 years and look where its gotten me..... I finally have come to accept its ok to look out for ME!!!!!

audio51, personally this is the easiest plan I have been on... now I cant attest to the ease of MF but i find this very easy, i eat the shakes/pudding as pudding only (because its easier, and I prefer it) For my am snack, I have been eating a non-fat Chobani yogurt, i checked the Nutritional Values vs. the shake & fruit, they are the same in protein, less fat, and a couple less carbs, and for me its easier... I have been on for a week so I have been finding things that work a little better here and there..... GOOD LUCK!!!

Good job VAA! I haven't had any cravings this time either. Or dizzies or shakes. I'm taking in way fewer calories than other diets but I'm less hungry and actually satisfied with what I'm eating. I don't know what they put in the food, but it's working. Luckily my husband is pretty easy going with food so whatever I need to eat he eats it too. Except brussels sprouts. :p

buttonsandbones
01-25-2013, 11:00 PM
audio-shhhh....don't tell anyone but I don't eat the fruit or the starch. I found that for my body, that is too many starches for me to be able to lose weight. And after I addressed it with my GP, she concurred.

I don't eat the fruit or starch either. Fruit tends to make me feel hungry soon after eating it. I also eat more than one cup of cooked veggies for dinner. I fill up half my plate with veggies and sometimes have a salad as well. Or a plate with a large salad and my protein on top.

Does anyone use Walden Farms products? Most of them have no calories, sugar, carbs, fat or gluten. I don't know how they make them and I don't want to know, but the Ranch salad dressing tastes fine for what it is and I use it lavishly on a salad. They make a lot of things that have nothing in them but I've only had the salad dressing. A friend ordered a lot of things from their website and she likes everything except the peanut butter. She said it does ok on a sandwich with jelly but not alone. Once I'm a little farther along in the program I may start using some of their products but right now I don't trust myself.

JulieSt
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I've tried some Walden Farms products and I have to agree about the peanut butter. I wanted it to put on celery, but I think the celery might be better plain!

audio51
01-27-2013, 12:37 PM
I have used the salad dressings and like them pretty well. The Chocolate Syrup is great in mild on on Ice Cream ( Which I can't really have now). I also tried the chocolate "sauce" and it was tolerable but not great. I wish they had the single serve salad dressing in Blue Cheese!

Oh...BTW. I just finished Day 4 and already lost 4.5 lbs! :carrot:

NWPhotog
01-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Weekly weigh in. 280, down 10 lbs total. We use to eat out 4 times or so a week. Now I have it down to once a week. I am sure that is limiting my loss but that is OK. I also have been eating up to three fruits a day. More loss would be incredible but just keeping the loss going is good. :-)

JulieSt
01-27-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm ready to try getting up earlier in the morning to ride my exercise bike. Should I eat something before I exercise?

zoesmom
01-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Good job buttons, audio, and NWPhoto!!! :)

WF is yummy stuff. Except my body doesn't like it and I end up in the bathroom a lot. I think I am allergic to something in it. Other than that, I liked it a lot when I used it.

Julie--I always eat prior to exercising, but I think that is because I grew up in a family of diabetics (knock on wood I am not one of them so far) and could see what activity could do if food wasn't eaten first. To me, it is dangerous for that reason and that reason alone. But, barring that, apparently it is better to eat first as it jump kicks your body. Little did I know until I researched that for you. :) Look here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/eat-before-a-workout_n_1765397.html) and here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/15/workout-eating-before-after_n_1885016.html). The mind set is if you can't fuel it, don't do it.

Today, I attempted to go one step further in my exercise. Ever since my illness back in August, I really haven't done anything but walk. I had to cancel my gym membership because we had no clue how long it would be prior to being released by my doctor to start up again. I was released the beginning of this year, only to get sick again. At least not as bad as back in August, but it still has put a damper on me getting back to the gym after I just got a new membership. I am still walking, but I don't feel that is enough. I've been hearing some amazing results on 30DS. So...I decided to do it. And yeah, it is doable. It totally kicked my butt this way and that. And I went into an asthma fit. But I totally think I can do it. And geez it kicked my butt! Did I mention that? :) An hour later and I am still feeling it. :)

TODAY'S QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” ~Hamilton Holt

irish51
01-27-2013, 06:40 PM
I did my weekly weigh in this morning......down .2 , yep not a typo 2/10 of a pound in a week.:tantrum:

zoesmom
01-27-2013, 06:56 PM
I did my weekly weigh in this morning......down .2 , yep not a typo 2/10 of a pound in a week.:tantrum:

irish my dear, the scale went down. 2/10 of a pound lost is 2/10 of a pound not gained. I have had weeks, yes, weeks, where the scale bugged not at all only for the third week blow me away by an impressive 7 pounds. Don't take 2/10 of a pound as a failure. Take it as your body is adjusting. You maintained that weight loss. Plus a little extra. If you are exercising, it may have been muscle replacing fat. Or maybe you are losing inches. Or maybe it is hormones that got in the way. Whatever it is, do not let it defeat you. The only failure in life is not trying. Next week, you'll come back and kick those pounds back to whatever junk they came from. You can do it hun, just keep thinking it!

And read this (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/274053-why-you-need-not-give-up-when-scale-doesnt-move.html), it was serious inspiration to me when I needed it the most. And then it encouraged me to try something new.

Have faith, keep at it, and you will see a difference. I promise. :hug:

nicoleigh33
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Hello Wonderslim users?
How do you know what optional items are okay to have. I see a lot of posts where people have other items like Healthy Choice Meals or similar.
I am starting this diet tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed it works but I know I will get sick of chicken if that is all I can have for me lean and green meal. Thanks!

zoesmom
01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Hello Wonderslim users?
How do you know what optional items are okay to have. I see a lot of posts where people have other items like Healthy Choice Meals or similar.
I am starting this diet tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed it works but I know I will get sick of chicken if that is all I can have for me lean and green meal. Thanks!

You have lots of options outside of chicken, you just have to be a creative cook. I do pork, chicken, fish, beef, lamb, tofu, and on occasion, I'll have a Morning Star hotdog to curb my junk fix. Your meat, depending on the fat content, is going to be between 3-4 ounces, just make sure you weigh it...it can pretty much be anything you want as long as it is lean. And then you get two veggies...just be careful to not include starchy veggies in that, as you get one starch with your meal for your lean and green.

But for optional items, the rule of thumb is one tablespoon per optional serving...be it butter, A1 sauce, salad dressing, syrup, sour cream, cream cheese, mayo...anything like that. It is the stuff that isn't an item per say, but something that makes the meal taste real. It is your fatty item that our bodies need. Obviously there is some exceptions, such as WF items, you can pretty much have however much you want. There is a book that comes with your order, boring read but has a lot of valuable information in it that can point you to the right track and has some idea on what kind of optional items you can use.

Good luck!!!! And Welcome to WS!!

nicoleigh33
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks Zoesmom! When it comes to meat all I can tolerate is chicken and lean ground beef, so I was thinking taco salads but can you use light french dressing or even salsa as your optional topping?
What is a WF item?
I looked at my book that came with it but didn't find much value in it and got more confused. Is it true there is a leader you can contact at anytime through dietdirect for questions?
What is your typical daily menu like?
Thanks in advance

nicoleigh33
01-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Also when I look at the nutritional info on some of the products, how do they possibly keep you full when there is no dietary fiber. I am programmed to think you have to have high dietary fiber from previous Weight Watchers plans.

audio51
01-27-2013, 10:34 PM
but can you use light french dressing or even salsa as your optional topping?
What is a WF item?

Nicoleigh33......Light dressings should be fine....fat free is what is recommended but if you use the little bit of fat as your "optional" you should be fine. Salsa is basically veggies so that should also be fine.

WF is Walden Farms. They have a great selection of fat free, calorie free, cholesterol free...just about everything free dressings, sauces, etc...

audio51
01-27-2013, 10:38 PM
They do keep you full...I have very little problem with that. Well...maybe I should rephrase that. They don't keep you full, they keep you satisfied and not hungry. I think that has been one of my problems....thinking I needed to be "Full" after a meal. I would just keep eating until I could not put more in.
If you eat as often as you are supposed to you should not have a lot of problems with hunger...

nicoleigh33
01-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Audio51 thank you, I have seen Walden Farms at the store and I think have tried at least one of the dips and some dressing years ago and was not pleased!

Any tips or menu ideas are appreciated!

nicoleigh33
01-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Can you do ff cool whip, healthy choice meals or any meals on the dietdirect site while doing Wonderslim?
When I looked at recipes on their site I don't understand how something without meat is counted as meat 3. For example the information below came from their dessert section:

Rocky Road Ice Cream
1 pkt Dark Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, chopped
5 Ice Cubes
1/4 cup Water, Cold
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 pkt Artificial Sweetener

Directions
Crush ice cubes in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, except bar, blend until mixed. Stir in chopped bar. Serve immediately or freeze for 15 minutes, then serve.

Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 299, Protein: 26g, Carbohydrate: 37g, Fat: 6g, Fiber: 2.5g

Exchanges Per Serving
Meat 3, Starch 2, Vegetable 1

zoesmom
01-28-2013, 08:29 AM
nicoleigh - they count the protein as a meat. Note that the recipe you mentioned is for two servings.

FF cool whip would count as an optional, as it does have carbs in it.

Some Healthy Choice meals and other frozen meals are okay, but look at the serving size, the protein, carb, fat, and calorie contents. Just because it says it is diet does not mean that it is a match for your diet. A good example of what you'd want to look for is the Lean Cuisine Salsbury Steak...it is in lines with the values you are looking for.

The WS entrees are okay for last minute, but it is not a good substitute for your lean and green, for several reasons:
1) the entrees have too many carbs, so you'd have to cut it in half, which then doesn't give you enough protien
2) fiber is lacking--fiber is needed to help move your bowels, not fill you up.
3) it doesn't teach you how to cook a healthy meal so when you are ready to go into mainentance, you likely will gain the weight back. The lean and green meal is there for health purpose, balanced food purposes, and to teach you how to properly protion foods out so you can achieve your weight loss goals.

If you are looking for someone at Diet Direct who can coach you...I don't have an answer for that. I go to my doctor who helps me with my meal planning and goal setting. I prefer the one on one contact in that regard. Plus it keeps me honest with myself.

Meal plans..there are tons. The muffins made with the pancake mix and oatmeal are one of my favorites. I tend to do that in the AM (or the cereal) with a strawberry yogurt smoothie. Snack tends to be a shake. Lunch is a lite entree (Veggie Joe or soup) and a snack bar. Snack is a shake. Dinner tends to be 3 ounces of a lean meat, two veggies, and SOMETIMES (carbs don't like me) half a roll...it differs daily. Last night it was Ginger and Applewood Salmon, with garlic brocolli, baby carrots, and 1/2 a wheat roll. The Ginger and Applewood seasoning was my optional. Dessert was a WS cookie...because I was lazy and didn't want to make anything else for the day.

Take your vitamins daily, that part is important. But most of it is a learning curve...learn what you like, learn what you don't like, learn how your body reacts to X amount of carbs and so much.

And for your question about how it fills you up, or satisfies your hunger, it is the protein. A complex protein in amino acids keeps you feeling "full" longer than anything else out there.

The hardest part about WS is the lack of variety. But after a few weeks, it isn't so bad. it is a hard diet, much harder than I ever realized. But to me, it is worth it. So I don't get to have pizza with my family and am stuck eating 3 ounces of lemon pepper chicken. So what. What I do today will make me healther tomorrow so I might be able to have a chance at being there for my daughter for many years to come. Nothing like a good old deadly illness nearly taking you out to put that into perspective :)

Any questions you have, someone will answer. This group is awesome about that. Best. Forum. Ever.

zoesmom
01-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Today was my official weekly weigh in....259.6...a total of 4.9 pounds lost in a week!!! (see irish, just like I said yesterday...last week I hadn't lost a thing and then I blew it out of the park this week, so have faith.)

I am beyond excited that I am now in the 250's range. I haven't been here since pregnancy almost 4 years ago. Oh happy day :)

TODAY'S QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” ~Frank Lloyd Wright

bettyboop56
01-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi All,
Well i received my trial box from diet direct and haven't tried much but when I pulled my book simple diet and read the meal plan it was almost the same and a lot cheaper so I will finish up my packets and then do the simple diet menu. Well thats my two cents worth, All of you have a great day.

irish51
01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Congratulations, Zoesmom!!!

Thanks for your post, yesterday and the link. I have to tell you, it was so appropriate. Last Tuesday when I was out shopping, I picked up J Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I had not tried it yet.

After reading your post and the link, I got my butt right off the couch, put in the dvd and did the first day. Yes, I am quite sore this morning, thank you very much :D

Welcome nicoleigh!

It looks like zoesmom covered a lot of your questions.As far as the lean/green and the options, there is a page in the book" Wonderslim Food Selection List and Shopping Guide" with the serving size. It is also on the website. I made copies of that page, the food diary/ activity page and the Womens Meal Plan. I keep them on my kitchen counter for reference.

Glad you joined us, I am looking forward to reading your posts.

zoesmom
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Congratulations, Zoesmom!!!

Thanks for your post, yesterday and the link. I have to tell you, it was so appropriate. Last Tuesday when I was out shopping, I picked up J Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I had not tried it yet.

After reading your post and the link, I got my butt right off the couch, put in the dvd and did the first day. Yes, I am quite sore this morning, thank you very much :D

I am so glad. I too started 30DS yesterday. And it so sucked. And I was SO freaking sore this morning. But apparently I like pain because I just completed my second day of it...and now I can barely walk :dizzy: Fun times!!!

Shero
01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Struggling.....

JulieSt
01-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Zoesmom - thanks for sharing your success. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Sheri - I hear ya. Hang in there, tho. I haven't lost much weight, but I keep reminding myself that I feel better (actually exercised twice today-hubby was shocked) and the hubby says I'm sleeping much "quieter". My pants are fitting different, so I guess that's a good sign, too.

irish51
01-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Zoesmom, I did day 2 this afternoon. I thought it was harder today:eek:

Shero, what can we do to help you?

Julie, congratulations on the pants fitting better,that is always a good sign.
Exercised twice in one day ,look at you go girl ! :)

zoesmom
01-29-2013, 12:11 PM
YEAH julie!!! Sometimes those NSV are better than the actual weight loss!

Shero--hang in there hun. Remember, a stumble is better than a fall.

irish--I agree, day two was WAY worse! I was torn about trying it today, you know, to do the whole thirty days...and then I saw this and thought I should share with you:
Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day.

What's on your menu today ladies? How are you keeping on track?

This morning I had my WS cereal with a strawberry smoothie.
Snack was a mocha shake
lunch was WS tomato soup (and I was surprised I actually liked it given I HATE tomato soup and had been putting off trying it forever now) and some sour cream and onion O's.
my afternoon snack is going to be the double chocolate shake.

I think dinner tonight is going to be chicken cordon bleu. If I use soy cheese, I can eliminate most of the fat and carbs associated with cheese and have very few calories. A thin slice lean turkey ham (talking 1/2 an ounce) instead of the real deal and I think I got this. Keep my chicken to 3 ounces and yeah...I can have something tasty that isn't too bad for me. and I just won't make the cream sauce so I am not tempted to smother my chicken in that. I think I will lean towards lemon ginger asparagus and garlic parmesan cauliflower. And half a whole wheat roll.

Dessert will likely be WS lemon pudding, because that stuff is divine, but only if I complete my hour walk first.

Yeah, I totally got this today! :)

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” ~Anthony Robbins

irish51
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Thank you, zoesmom. 2 days of 30DS one day cardio, 2 days of 30DS and one day cardio then a rest day makes sense to me.

I did an hour on the treadmill this afternoon. I have been trying to drink my water with lemon today,because I roasted green beans last night and I think the sea salt did me in.(So good,but I never eat salt).

I went out running errands this morning,so I skipped my morning snack.This rest of the day has been pretty good.

How is everyone else doing?

nicoleigh33
01-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome and all your great information. Day one and two was a positive experience except for a brief period of dizziness in the afternoon of day one. Probably from the lack of sugar, I am guessing. Hoping this is the diet I need to get my butt in gear!
I love hearing about all your losses and struggles, makes it more real and gives me people to relate to.
If you are having a difficult day and are more hungry than usual, do you do an extra shake, snack, bar, meal, etc... ? At least on WW there were some "free" foods. With WS, I am not sure what to do.
Thanks!

audio51
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Great plan, Zoesmom....And great attitude! :dancer: :dancer:

I did great today, too. WS Dark Chocolate shake. WS chocolate/berries cereal with 2 oz 2% milk for breakfast, WS Chocolate snack bar for morning snack, WS Cheesesteak Macaroni & WS chocolate shake for lunch, Plum and WS chocolate shake for afternoon snack and dinner was 3 oz seasoned salmon, 2 servings of brussel sprouts/cheese sauce. small dinner roll with just a smidge of light butter. Desert will be WS cheese cake. It's already made and chillin' in the freezer. :D

Tomorrow is weigh in day so we will see how all this week has paid off! I stay on plan every day but went over about 120 calories yesterday...

zoesmom
01-29-2013, 10:37 PM
irish-great job doing an hour on the treadmill after two days of 30DS...I could barely get 20 minutes in! You rock!

nicoleigh - the first couple days are the worst as your body adjusts. Expect headaches, dizzy spells, and what not for the first 3 days or so. And then all is groovy and you won't even realize you dropped a significant amount of calories. If you are still hungry, have a shake. 100 calories are FAR better for you than binge eating on something far more caloric (which is what got us here in the first place) ;) Or, you can eat all the lettuce you want...it is a free food all the way around. After the first week or so, you'll find you won't need that extra shake or what not...in fact, you will be forced to find the room to eat every 2-3 hours. Many times, I find I am just not hungry at all and push my meal off until my next scheduled time to eat. I try to always get my bare basic calories in, but I must admit, some days it just doesn't happen. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.

audio-fingers are crossed to see what you come up with on weigh in! Good luck!

FattyFatFat
01-30-2013, 02:38 AM
Awww zoesmom, you can do it! You just have to not think about it or measure in steps like 2 more minutes.... countdown then push for 1 more and keep doing it. You'll forget how long you've been on there eventually and who knows... might end up being an hour before you know!

One thing that always has helped me on the treadmill (walking anyways) is to listen to watch a movie or be reading a book. Running however, i listen to music cause I dont want to get too distracted and fall. Probably wouldn't happen, but would be quite embarassing to see my big behind flop to the ground and start rolling, lol.

zoesmom
01-30-2013, 08:29 AM
FFF! - Haven't seen your name in a while :) HI! The problem wasn't the working out. I can do that, and I agree, distractions are the BEST way to push through. The problem was I had done two days back to back of 30DS with a bad left knee and still recovering from yet another bout of lung problems thanks to my oh so wonderful asthma. I was beyond sore (to the point I couldn't even lift my left leg up to get in the shower last night) and I went into a fairly long asthma attack. I don't count last night as a failure. I count it as 20 minutes of my life imporved. Not as long as I had hoped for, but it was better than nothing. Baby steps propel us forward! :)

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” ~E. M. Gray

irish51
01-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Zoesmom, hope you are doing better tonight.

I did pretty well on plan today.

Breakfast:WS Pancakes w/sugar free syrup, 1 WS hazelnut shake.
snack: 1 very small apple
lunch: WSSpicy cheese pasta, 1 WS chocolate pudding
Snack: 1WSCreamy peanut butter bar
Dinner: WS veggie Joe on high fiber taco shell w/ 2 tblspn cheddar cheese,1tblspn taco sauce,and red cabbage,
Desert: WS oatmeal cookie w/icing

L1D3 of 30DS. 20 very painful minutes
Treadmill. 30 minutes
Snow shoveling. 20 minutes (not a lot of snow,but yesterday it was 60 and rain. I wanted to get all the water off the driveway and sidewalks...tomorrow is suppose to be a high of 11 degrees) :eek:

Meka150
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
You ladies are doing really well I haven't stopped in a couple weeks but I'm still keeping at it. Hope to make my next mini goal by the end of March.

irish51
01-31-2013, 06:31 PM
How is everyone doing today?

It is very cold here, so I spent the day in the house doing all the fun things...changing linens, doing laundry,and cleaning house.

I did workout this afternoon. Day 4 level 1 of 30 Day Shred.

zoesmom
01-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Dang irish, you cut me no slack...I was considering not doing day 4...but now I have to! :kickbutt:

irish51
02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
zoesmom. :rofl:

It's getting a little easier,right? I am not sore this morning:carrot:

zoesmom
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Heck yes it is! I still can't get through the bicycle crunches 100% but I am getting closer and closer to getting them. I was in absolute agony last night after I finished D4L1. But today...man...today I feel the best I have in YEARS! No joint pain or ANYTHING (outside of my left knee, but it ALWAYS hurts, so nothing new there ...the joys of reconstructive surgry.)

And last night, I convinced my almost 4 year old to "mimic" me (mainly so she'd stay out of my way and not get hurt.) And immidately regretted it. Dang kid has six pack abs. Literally. Since the day she was born. And she has muscle popping everywhere. Seriously. When she insists on standing on my scale, it ranks her body fat at 5-6%. Anyways. So, here I am breathing hard, working up a sweat, grunting, and straining and I look over and see this kid mimicing Jillian perfectly and proclaiming so proudly, "Look Mommy! This is so fun and easy! I like excercise!" Fun??? EASY??? I could barely stand up! :tantrum: But, at least I can take solice in the fact that as of right now, I have an amazingly healthy child. :D

I found a couple of great reads this morning on why we have problems losing weight. One (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-long-do-i-have-to-exercise-before-i-see-changes/) is regarding how long we must wait to see any results worth a flip. The other (http://exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/a/10_weightloss.htm) is why we have a hard time losing weight. This leads me to my...

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock

zoesmom
02-02-2013, 08:24 AM
I uhm....have gained a couple of pounds. Not my official weigh in, but I am at 261 instead to my 259 earlier this week. It's because of last night.

While on WS, I discovered I am addicted to food. I've been working on that aspect and have come amazingly far...I can turn down just about everything now, and if I can't, I only take one to two bites....literally. That is a huge accomplishment for me.

Last night I learned I am also an emotional eater. I got a call that pretty much just destroyed my will power. My pappy had a massive stroke and they don't know if he is going to make it.

I grew up in a pretty messed up family. My dad moved us across the country from the only people we knew to Georgia. That is where dad's family was from....and there were only three people I could count on to "keep me safe" from the insanity and abuse in this "new world". Thankfully one is my mom and she's still around. One was my great granny, and it killed me when we put her in the ground back in 2001. She didn't do much, she was too feeble. But she would sit, listen, and give you tons of hugs and later yell at dad. And then there was Pappy.

My real dad was a real piece of....to be polite...work. Everyone knew it. Thankfully he was hardly ever home. But when he was, things were not pretty. Mom filed for divorce so many times, but he would always wear her down and she'd drop the suit. So it got to the point, when dad was home, I wasn't. I was running away, lying, pretty much doing anything to stay away from home.

Pappy knew the situation, but unless someone reported my dad, there was nothing he could do. When you are a kid and you hear the phrase, "If you think this is abuse, call the cops. When I get out, you;ll learn what real abuse is," you tend not to make calls. Amazing what a power fear can be. In any case, Pappy was an ex-Navy SEAL and a cop. Huge man. 6 foot 7 and pure muscle. You don't mess with him. He was my dad's dad.

When Pappy first heard through the grape vine what was happening he high tailed it over to the house. He didn't argue. He didn't threaten. He didn't say a word. He looked at my dad and shook his head is disappointment, grab my sister's hand and mine, put us in the back of his patrol car, and left. Later that day, dad came over to claim us. The confrontation was outside. My dad did all the name calling and yelling. Pappy was cool, calm and collected when he told my dad that legally, there was nothing he could do to dad because he physically did not see the abuse and someone who had needed to report him, but to leave right then and there because morally, dad would not survive the day if he didn't. That day, Pappy's house became a safe haven.

Through the years, Pappy has been my go to place when things get to tough. He was always there. He was my rock, my comfort, my safety. When that call came in last night...the man who stood up to the biggest monster in my closet and defeated it...the man who can't be move...my honest to God hero...I cannot explain the hurt in my heart right now. That call could have been about ANYONE else. But Pappy? MY Pappy?

Yeah, I am apparently an emotional eater...I can not think rationally long enough to realize I need to put the fork down. All I can think is my Pappy, even if he survives (odds are against him) will never be the man he once was again. And knowing him, that will kill him just as much as if he dies in the hospital over this. He is a strong man. But he is not strong enough to be weak.

Heading to the hospital today...I have never felt so alone, scared, or little as I do right now.

Mom of Many
02-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone. I just started WS this week. Today is my 6th day. Not sure how much I am down cause I am the kind of person who only weighs in once a week. I had headaches for about 3 days. feeling better but still feeling a little weak. I want to be successful at this and plan to stick to this plan.

I am 48 years old and I am mom to 10 living children. My last child was stillborn over 4 years ago. I have been overweight most of my adult life, but after losing my daughter I got to my all time high! I now feel like it is time to take care of me and my health!

In the past I have done WW and South Beach Diet and a few others. I was somewhat successful but that was between pregnancies.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions I would love to hear them! Thanks!

Shero
02-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Zoesmom-we are with you. I am sorry that you have this struggle to face.

I am still here and struggling but I am here and that is what counts....

buttonsandbones
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Zoesmom, thank you for sharing your struggle and I'm sorry to hear about your Pappy. I'm hoping for the best for him. :hug:

buttonsandbones
02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone. I just started WS this week. Today is my 6th day. Not sure how much I am down cause I am the kind of person who only weighs in once a week. I had headaches for about 3 days. feeling better but still feeling a little weak. I want to be successful at this and plan to stick to this plan.

I am 48 years old and I am mom to 10 living children. My last child was stillborn over 4 years ago. I have been overweight most of my adult life, but after losing my daughter I got to my all time high! I now feel like it is time to take care of me and my health!

In the past I have done WW and South Beach Diet and a few others. I was somewhat successful but that was between pregnancies.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions I would love to hear them! Thanks!
Welcome! I really enjoy WS. I've done so many diets in my life but this one seems to be the easiest for me. I think I'm a little unusual in that I never had the shakes or the dizzies or the craves. Whatever the food is made with is really agreeing with me. I started Jan 4 and I'm down 19 lbs.

Suggestions--I like most of the food on it's own, but I dress them up with some Walden Farms products, salsa and FF sour cream. Personally, I leave off the fruit and starch except a slice of diet bread with the omelet. I believe I have a food addiction and I'm an emotional eater so I'm leery about adding much more to the food at this point. I just don't feel ready or comfortable with it. I also log everything into myfitnesspal. Some folks log with Loseit. But I think logging what you eat somewhere really helps.

This is a great place to come for suggestions and support. Good luck!! :)

buttonsandbones
02-03-2013, 01:10 PM
A big :bravo: to all of us for another week well done. :cp:

NWPhotog
02-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Weekly weight in. I ended my 3rd week down a total of 12lbs, 2 for the week. I had a colonoscopy which through my routine off a bit. I'll take it and move forward. Congrats to all keep the good work up!

irish51
02-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Zoesmom, I am so sorry to read this. Please know I am keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for the best outcome.

irish51
02-04-2013, 12:06 AM
I weighed in this morning down .2. It's tough to have lost only 2/10 of a pound two weeks in a row, but at least the scale is not going up.

I am going to try a couple different things this week, see if I can get this weight loss moving again.

Shero
02-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Well as you all know for a couple weeks I have been struggling. I decided this am to weigh myself and expected to be very disappointed in the number. But I was very surprised I am at 256.2....I almost was at 255--.3 lbs. Which is a 2# weight gain but considering how off track that I was and it being a Monday (always more salt on the weekend).......I am very happy with it and I think it gave me the motivated I needed to get back on track.....

January was a 11 lb lose month-wow.....

Irish51- Keep going--maybe you are going to drop alot all at once.

irish51
02-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Happy to see you back Shero:cp::cp:

11 lbs in January.....WOW that's great. I lost a total of 3.8 :mad:

Mom of Many
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks buttonsandbones for the Welcome! Today was my first weigh in and I lost 6 pounds.

I originally only ordered 2 weeks worth of WS so I need to order asap so I don't run out! Anyone know the most economical way to do this? The budget around here is very tight!

Thanks

Shero
02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks buttonsandbones for the Welcome! Today was my first weigh in and I lost 6 pounds.

I originally only ordered 2 weeks worth of WS so I need to order asap so I don't run out! Anyone know the most economical way to do this? The budget around here is very tight!

Thanks

Check out Baratic Food source-same as diet direct.....
but cheaper....

irish51
02-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Congratulations mom of many, 6 lbs way to go !!

L1D7 completed.

I am doing an old 3 day prep from QWLC, to see if I can restart my weight loss.

Shero
02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
irish51 I think you are going to drop some fast.......Keep going......

irish51
02-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks Sheri ,

Hoping this works :crossed:

How are you doing?

Shero
02-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi ladies: Looks like we are all still here. Irish51-I am back on track.... What about you? Are you using any calorie tracking?

I was very close to giving up. Had close to a 10 day bing. I made up my calories by just entering 2000 for the days. I was sure I would have gained so I am very pleased that I did not..... This week is going better..... Looking forward to being closer to 200 than 300..........

Shero
02-06-2013, 09:09 PM
One way to save money is to buy Pure Protein bars instead of Diet Direct. You can get them at Walmart (uggh, really not a fan of Walmart) by the prescription area...... in last Sunday's paper their was coupons for a product called-Premier protein.... Though I have not tried these but they are very high in protein.....

Mom of Many
02-06-2013, 11:27 PM
One way to save money is to buy Pure Protein bars instead of Diet Direct. You can get them at Walmart (uggh, really not a fan of Walmart) by the prescription area...... in last Sunday's paper their was coupons for a product called-Premier protein.... Though I have not tried these but they are very high in protein.....

Thanks Sheri,
I wondered if there were some bars out there with similar protein grams. Is the calorie count similar as well? Also are there shakes out there that are comparable to the WS products? I have completed about 1 1/2 weeks so far and I am liking this, it is just so expensive and with having a large family, money is very tight! I want to be able to continue if I can do a cheaper option!

Thanks for your input!

irish51
02-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Afternoon all,

Sheri, I use Lose It....love that app. I also keep a Wonderslim Food & activity diary on the kitchen counter. I know kind of OCD, but this way I can see it every time I walk through the kitchen.

So glad you are back on track.

audio51
02-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Zoesmom...I am thinking of you and your Pappy. I pray you have the strength to get thru whatever comes and you will have support to help you thru it. I see you haven't posted for a bit so hope that is not bad news. Just do what you need to to get thru it and then come back to us :hug:

Shero
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks Sheri,
I wondered if there were some bars out there with similar protein grams. Is the calorie count similar as well? Also are there shakes out there that are comparable to the WS products? I have completed about 1 1/2 weeks so far and I am liking this, it is just so expensive and with having a large family, money is very tight! I want to be able to continue if I can do a cheaper option!

Thanks for your input!

You can research the pure protein products online so you can compare nutrition labels.....

irish51
02-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Just checking to see how everyone is doing.

Yesterday, I had my grandkids all day .

It's always fun to have them, but I do not get a lot done,including no time to work out.

Although chasing an adorable 10 month old, is exercise. :D

Hope everyone is doing well on plan. I weigh in tomorrow :crossed:

irish51
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Weighed in this morning. - .4

Shero
02-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Good Job Irish51....

Loss is great. Doesn't matter how big or how little you lost.
Last Wednesdays weight in was no loss. Hoping to get the routine stabilized so I can so show some loss for February. Started the treadmill last week...not as much as I want but alittle is more than none. Weekends are really messing me up.

Does it seem like the last couple weeks have been harder for everyone or just me?

zoesmom
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Oh lord oh lord...where the heck did I leave off?

First and foremost, thank you all for your well wishes and warm thoughts. Means the world to me. Last week was a flat out miserable week. I had to say good bye to the most amazing man I have ever had the honor of knowing. Thinking about it still makes me tear up, but I know he is in a much better place. Life takes us by surprise sometimes. But at least I know my wonderful Pappy is now pain free and safe. How I am going to miss that man. :(

Anyways...moving on before tears destroy me...

Welcome to the group Mom of Many. Best group of ladies to be had right here. FWIW, Nutribest is supposedly comparable to WS and is cheaper. I have NOT tried it, but it looks to be the exact same product and the Medifast group has mentioned it several times over and over again.

Welcome Back Shero..and awesome weight loss!

Irish-you've been doing 30DS. Everything I have read says the first two weeks or so, don't expect a huge loss on the scale. Look at your clothes for the obvious signs of improved health. Sometimes we get hung up on a number and forget that what really matters isn't the numbers on the scale but what those numbers represent. You are likely replacing fat with muscle...which takes up less space...and is a much healthier weight to be had. You had a loss, amazing awesome...now tell me...how's your clothes fit now? :)

I'll put it like this...I had a 4 pound gain last week, what with eating out as we went back and forth to the hospital and later, the funeral. But my clothes fit loser despite the fact I ate like crap and wasn't working out. Finally did 30DS tonight for the first time since the Friday before last and realized I could do it without feeling like I was dying. So the scale went up...but my waist went down. That's what tells me something I am doing is working, albeit slowly. :)

I'm back ladies...here to annoy and encourage. So very sorry for my long hiatus. Had to take a step back as life overwhelmed me. But now, I have some weight I need to see gone and want to see you do the same. Good night...and have a great weightloss week!!!

Mom of Many
02-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Zoesmom,

Thanks for the welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your Pappy. It is so hard to lose someone, especially one you loved so very much!

Today was my weigh in day, so I was down another 3.5. That is a total of -9.5 for 2 weeks. I know that the loss will probably slow down, but does that sound about right? I really do not have anyone to talk about this info with other than the ladies here. I so appreciate any input I can get!

I haven't been exercising yet, but want to add that in to my day very soon! I definitely don't want to just lose weight, but tone it up as well! :)

zoesmom
02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Kudos MOM on losing 9.5 pounds in two weeks!!! When you stop to think the average person loses .5-2 pounds a week, you knocked it out of the ball park! I know when I am 100% OP, I can lose anywhere from 1-7 pounds a week. It depends on factors such as stress, excercise, TOM, and my body hitting mini plateaus. If you haven't been excercising, start small while on WS and gradually increase, so your body dosn't stress out and think you are starving. I started by walking 20 minutes every other day, then moved to 30 minutes a day, then jogging...and now 30DS. I think irish is kicking my butt on that one, she hasn't let up where as I went MIA from everything. But if you want some serious tonage action, 30DS will get you there. It is hard but totally worth it. Only 4 days of the program, and not even as intended, and I already see a HUGE change.

Ladies- do you ever feel that when you look in the mirror, despite your best attmepts, the image looking back at you never seems to change. I saw a picture of myself last night and about broke into tears. It is a recent photo, only about a week old, and I didn't see a smidge of change after a 30 pound loss...then my husband showed me a picture from June last year. MY GOD MY FACE IS SO MUCH SLIMMER!!! And I only have a double chin instead of a triple chin. And I don't ahve a huge roll over my pants. And WOW! What a change! Sometimes, we forget that our bodies are changing on a daily basis and when we look in the mirror, it is so gradual and minor that our eyes adjust with those changes, so we NEVER see the difference. When we don't see those results we were expecting in our minds, we get discouraged, quickly, then fall off the wagon. That is unacceptable in my book. I was once a healthy gal. I WILL be healthy again. My daughter depends on me to do such. I challenge you (and myself) to take a photo sometime within the next couple of days. Don't look at it. Don't review it. Just take it and tuck it away (easier said than done, I know.) In a month, take another one and then compare the two side by side. What will you see?

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“If doubt is challenging you and you do not act, doubts will grow. Challenge the doubts with action and you will grow. Doubt and action are incompatible.” ~John Kanary

zoesmom
02-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Just in case you miss this on the main page, thought I would share (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448)

If he could beat the odds, can't we?

irish51
02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
:welcome2: Back, zoesmom,

We have certainly missed you. I am so sorry for the loss of your Pappy. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Now I am going to kick your butt some more on 30 DS. I have completed L2D2 today.( Yesterday, I was on the floor crawling with my 10 month old grandson.) The whole time you are yelling at Jillian, remember your new mantra "Irish is doing it, and she is 61 yrs old." repeat.:D

Congratulations mom of many, 9.5 lbs is awesome for 2 weeks.:cheer3: Great job, keep doing what you are doing. Stay with us, and we will try to help in any way we can.

irish51
02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't know if anyone else saw this, but it may make us rethink the scale:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/275456-scale-vs-inches.html

zoesmom
02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Oh the weight of temptation! I am baking cupcakes and cookies for my daughter's daycare tomorrow. The curse of being known as "The Cake Lady"! Normally, I could just pass it off and not think twice about it. But I am working on a new flavor...more or less to test what I want to do for my daughter's birthday next month...GAH! It is KILLING me that I don't know how the flavors mingle! And if I have one bite to taste...could I stop at just one? Usually the answer is yes...but usually the flavors I am mingling aren't my favorites of cream cheese, strawberries, and white chocolate. Grumble. I guess I will have my mocha shake and get over it. Days like today, I am much better suited to ignore it than to tempt fate, especially after a heck of a week last week.

irish-YEAH for posting that! I saw it, thought of it, than got side tracked. And dang it. Now I have to move twice as hard. You sure have a way of motivating me. :)

irish51
02-14-2013, 11:39 AM
You sure have a way of motivating me

YAY... glad you were able to back away from the cupcakes/cookies. I have a terrible time not dipping my finger in the batter (yes, I know, one should never taste raw batter.)

Looks like we will have to continue to motivate each other, everyone else seems to have disappeared. :(

zoesmom
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I've been back and forth on the WS thread since July (I took a long hiatus when I got deadly ill over the fall...but I NEVER regained! :) .) People tend to show up super heavy then it just trickles in, then super heavy again. I think it relies on things such as New Year's Resolutions, getting down a few pounds for the summer, or getting down for big events, such as weddings. You can tell which individuals are seriously devoted and which ones just are interested in a couple of pounds here or there. For the most part, the Wonderslimmers tend to drop off because they move to other diets that are cheaper or move to calorie counting (afterall, WS is ment to be a tool only.) A few just decide dieting is not for them and you'll see them pop back up a few months down the road wanting to try again. I am in for the long haul. I've tried calorie counting. Until I can kick my addiction to food (sounds like an AA meeting now) I can't go to calorie counting or I will sabatoge everything I have been working so hard for. Some people can do it. I am not one of those. I need the tool. I am slowly retraining myself, but well, it is slow.

Today is going to be busy...ballet for my kiddo (and enroll her in swim and T-ball) and cook dinner and pack for a weekend trip and yadda yadda yadda. I love being busy, but sometimes I just want to chill out. It never seems to happen that way. :)

You know, I read a few months back that kids that are actively enrolled in 2 or more activities are 73% less likely to be obese later in life AND they will shape muscles early on that will last with them for the REST of their life? CRAZY! I am blessed in that my kid is super active. She goes to ballet once a week and every summer since she was 6 months old, she has been in a swim class of some shape for or fashion. This year she has asked if she can do swim, ballet, baseball (T-ball,) AND soccer. Not to mention every night she begs me to excercise with her. This kid is insanely healthy, I love that I am raising her that way despite my own failings. Maybe her hobbies will not only help her live a fit life but help me to get fit as well.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"The more I run, the more I love my body. Not because it is perfect, far from it, but because with every mile it is proving to me that I am capable of more than I ever thought possible." - ANON

irish51
02-14-2013, 11:23 PM
L2D4 Completed.:carrot:

Zoesmom, it's good that your little one is so active and healthy.

I love to swim and I look forward to summer when I can get back in the pool. I cannot wait to teach my grandson to swim.

FattyFatFat
02-15-2013, 09:34 AM
^ You need to add me to your list of swim lessons, cause I can't swim either. well... at least not forward, LMAO. Don't ask. :no::kickcan::joker:

zoesmom
02-15-2013, 10:53 AM
^ You need to add me to your list of swim lessons, cause I can't swim either. well... at least not forward, LMAO. Don't ask. :no::kickcan::joker: :lol: Thanks...I needed that giggle. :)

HEY! Ladies! If you are not like me and have a stock pile until probably summer...and if you are not aware...WS has a thing going on where you can a two week kit for $144...a savings of $35. Here's the scope...the package is normally $179. It is currently on sale for $159. Use coupon code PRES15D for any purchase of $125 or more and get an additional $15 off your order.

Only good for a few days.

I threw this out because I didn't get an email update regarding the coupon code. I happened to use the last of my tomato soup today and having realized I liked it more than I thought I would, I decided to order a bit more. Lo and behold...on their website...there was the coupon code.

Anyways...Happy Friday!

Mom of Many
02-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I am still here and still working hard at this. I am committed to this til the end!

This week I had my first "cheat". My husband and I went out to dinner on Tuesday night to celebrate valentine's day. We prefer to do it on a different day to fight the crowds. Anyway, we had a meal that included appetizers and dessert. With my meal I did really well, however i did have one of the potato skins that were the appetizers. For me that is progress taking only one. We had lots of leftovers so my husband had it for dinner the next night. Where I really got into a little trouble was the dessert. It was a very large piece of cheesecake with strawberry topping. Probably my most favorite dessert! My husband said he was too full and for me to eat it all. I was determined not to eat it all! I did end up eating about half of it, but then put my fork down and said that is it!

I felt pretty good about myself that night because in the past I would have walked away from that meal overly stuffed and feeling miserable! I was full and it was more than my body is used to now, but at least not miserable.

After that night I have been more than determined to keep at this. And then the second cheat came on 2 days later! My husband surprised me with a frappuccino from Starbucks for valentine's day. First let me say that this is something short of a miracle. He refuses to spend that kind of money on coffee drinks. He knows that is one of my favorites and I rarely have one because we are on a very tight budget. So when he walked in the door with that in his hands I was very surprised! He knew I didn't want candy, but a frappuccino is not low in fat and calories! Oh well, I smiled and said thank you and drank the whole thing! So, I am still determined as ever and know that things will come my way to try to derail me, but we rarely eat out and I know that receiving a frappuccino will probably not happen for another 10 years!

And Irish, I am so inspired by you. You are doing 30 DS at 61?! Wow! My 16 year old daughter does it and it kicks her butt! I have been wanting to do it but haven't gotten my courage up yet! Now I need to!

irish51
02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Thanks zoesmom, I just received the email from WS.

FedEx just delivered my order from the other day....wanted more hot chocolate before the promo ran out. I want a few more boxes of WS so the $15 savings will come in handy.

Mom of many, glad you are still with us. :cp: You may have had a couple "cheats" but today is a new day. I am on Level 2 Day 5 of 30 Day Shred. Believe me, it is doing more than kicking my butt.:D. I cannot give up, cause zoesmom would call me a "quitter".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jwoiderski
02-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Just ordered my 2 week order of WS. I can't wait to have more control over my body. I am at 170 and would like to be around 145. Life got in the way the last couple years and I have let myself go a little :) go out to dinner, go up for seconds, go to happy hour one too many times, I hope to have some partners in this journey. Thanks ladies for any of your suggestions!!

zoesmom
02-17-2013, 09:12 PM
irish--I would NEVER call you a quitter, unless you quit. :D (FWIW, I am back on track with 30DS and WS and will be moving to L2 in two days. Pappy's death set me back more than I realized.)

MOM--cheating is okay...on occasion. It is the not getting back up that is the problem. We all cheat. It is human. The difference is, do you keep cheating (aka quit) or do you get back on track. If you are still here, I suspect you get back on track. Heck, I had 10 days straight of a cheat. It happens to the best of us. Keep at it, you'll get there! :)

:welcome: jwoiderski!!! If you need support, you came to the right place! 3FC is the best group EVER!!!

I have no clue how my weigh in is going to look tomorrow. It will be two weeks since I last weighed and I KNOW I ate horrible for most of that after Pappy's passing...so...hopefully it isn't too horrible.

And I want to share a cute story, that I normally would never share. My daughter is three, will be four next month. She was breast fed until she was 15 months old (she weaned on her terms.) Anyways....most children feed their baby dolls with bottles. Mine on the other hand, comes into my room and proudly proclaims, "Mom, look! My baby is so cute! She is drinking from my nipple!" I turn around and...sure enough, she had her doll closely held to her chest. I am very unsure if I want to hide under a rock in embarrassment as she proclaimed that in front of a very close family friend or if I want to applaud her for being so funny on such an awesome topic. In any case, cute story of the day :)

Last bit before I say ado...a little late for the day, but non the less, here is my QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” ~Sven Goran Eriksson

irish51
02-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Zoesmom...cute story. I bet she is adorable.
By the way,hope you like the plank move, cause Jillian loves it in level 2 :hug:

:welcome2: jwoiderski!! So very happy you are joining us. As you can see, we like to tease each other, but it is all in good fun. We are here to support each other in everything, share a bit of ourselves, and have some laughs while we try to lose the weight.

So, I have decided to change my weigh in day to Monday morning. Mostly, cause I went out on Saturday night with my dinner group. Trust me, after having some french fries (only a couple, I made the waiter remove the plate, so I would quit mindlessly eating them ), and the cupcake in celebration of one couples anniversary...at least I only had one, everyone else had at least two, the scale was not kind this morning.

zoesmom
02-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Zoesmom...cute story. I bet she is adorable.
By the way,hope you like the plank move, cause Jillian loves it in level 2 :hug:

I am suddenly very, very scared. :lol:

I have not much for today...except WOOHOO! Took me TWO weeks, but I finally lost every pound I gained from when I started eating out 2-3 times a day when Pappy was in the hospital. 259.1...or half a pound total net loss from that day. YEAH!!!! (FWIW, I ended up gaining 6 pounds during that time frame.)

Anywho...here's my QUOTE OF DAY:

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.” ~Thomas Edison

Shero
02-18-2013, 09:41 AM
I have not posted because I have been way off track. I almost feel defeated and wondering what is the use of trying-I am so week. That said I am staying off the scale until the end of the month.

I am hoping that these last 10 days of the month I can keep on track and at least break even.

Why do we do these things?

irish51
02-18-2013, 10:22 AM

Ah Sheri, I wish I could answer that for you. As you know, we all have different things that send us down that track. It's okay, we are here for you. I am so happy to see you post. It's a new week, so we can all start again. I am usually checking in here several times a day/night so if you need to vent or you are just looking for support, I will be here for you.

Zoemom,:bravo::cp::bravo::cp::woohoo: you are doing great!

I weighed in this morning up .4. Should not have had that darn cupcake :devil:

zoesmom
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Shero--Why do we do these things? Great question. And one only you can answer for you. But sometimes the question isn't why do we do these things, but how can we do these things. Its hard. Very hard. Dieting is nothing more than trying to change a lifestyle we gained over, well, a life time. Not something easily come by. I know for me, the question of why is easily answered...I have to get my weight under control so I can control my asthma so I don't wake from a semi coma to my little girl trying to desperately drag me out of bed while screaming for me to wake up as my O2 drops to deadly levels. My why is three years old, going on four.

Don't give up. That is weakness. Stumbling and slipping are learning points we all have to face. It is easy to feel like we are going up against a wall, but have you ever thought about these facts: The average person gains 10-15 pounds a year. The average person can lose 1-2 pounds a week...that means it took a long time to gain, but we CAN lose it faster than we gained it.

Stiff upper chin. You can do it. I KNOW you can. Just have faith...this too shall pass. You should join irish and I in 30DS....it is hard hard hard...but so worth it. You might not see the scale move, but it is an AWESOME feeling seeing your clothes fit loser and loser. Truthfully, I'd take that over lost pounds any day :)

:hug: Here for you...and here with you :hug:

irish--heh...I hate those cupcake days...I ALWAYS gain 1/2 a pound. :P

zoesmom
02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Oh---one last thing, just as an FYI for any of you out there that like to save a few extra bucks like me...if after your order of WS, you immediately update your cart with another order but DO NOT PLACE IT...in about 1-3 weeks (in enough time for your next order to be due usually) Diet Direct will say "Hey! Where are you! Come back! Here's $10!!!" I totally am not a scrooge and totally don't find loop holes...no totally not me. :nose:

zoesmom
02-19-2013, 08:52 AM
I have a GREAT diet program...get a water dragon. Seriously.

I have had King Louie for almost 6 years now. He's a big ol' boy and he requires a lot of attention. This past weekend, we went out of town to visit my grandmother and try to convince her she needed a nurse or someone to help her out with her meds since she is overdosing. Already lost one grandparent...would like to keep the other for a little longer.

Anyways, while we were gone, Louie's filteration system broke, and DUMPED water into his vivarium and proceeded to shutter and die, so NOTHING was circulating or getting cleaned. And with us not being home, that means he was deficating in this nasty watery/muddy mess (I usually clean that every day but that was a nice several days were that wasn't to happen because we weren't home and the sitter is terrified of lizards) and his heat lamp was warming this fermented...crap...up during the day. When we walked in the house the smell was HORRIBLE! I thought one of the cats had gotten sick while we were gone and the guy checking on them never mentioned it...until I went to go feed Louie and saw the toxic waste he was lounging in. And I literally mean toxic waste. And he really was lounging...the gross creaton. That was the worst smell I have EVER been faced with! Hot, stagnant, fermented, lizard waste...YUCK!!! I have never had a problem with his filteration system before...I replace the filters every two weeks and get a new system once a year and clean his vivarium daily...it NEVER smells...but give it a couple of days of a broken system and the bowels of hades moved into my living room.

It took the better part of 5 hours to clean. This morning when I woke, I could still smell the lingering effects. I didn't eat yesterday as my tummy was all over the place due to the smell. I suspect today will be the same. Love my Lou...but if that EVER happens again, he is SO out of my house....YUCK!!!

Anyways, now that I gave you my idea of an awesome new diet plan (I am thinking of calling it The Reeking Lizard) here's my QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Living healthier may be a sacrifice at first, but in the end the effects of poor health are the only thing you are depriving your body of." - Jill Johnson

irish51
02-19-2013, 06:57 PM
zoesmom, I am thinking this may not be the diet for me.:rofl::rofl:

L2D7 completed

30 minutes of hula hooping. I can still do it!!! :dance::belly:

zoesmom
02-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Oh come on, irish, it is the BEST! :D You are doing amazing awesome on 30DS (and hula hooping! SERIOUSLY!? I couldn't do that when I was fit and weighed in at 147 opossed to my huge butt now! KUDOS on that!)

Last night SHOULD have been my last night on L1 for 30DS, but because I took so much time off with the whole thing with Pappy, I decided I need to keep at it a little longer, so I moved on to the harder moves (is it just more, or did you notice she cheated!!!) I figure I will do that a few more nights before I move onto L2. I'll feel more comfortable about it and less stressed. After I completed 30DS last night, I dug up an old Kathy Ireland workout DVD. I used to have that thing well over 10 years ago when I was fit and I LOVED it...I was surprised to find I still had it. In any case,I put that in last night and WOWZA my abs are burning today! But I LOVE the feeling of burned abs (I want that muscle group to be sore even.)

But in any case...I have my quote of the day...but today, not only did it touch me, I thought it might bring some meaning to Shero, as you seem to be having a tough time here of late:

"Most of the important things in the world have been achieved by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." (Dale Carnegie)

Have a great OP day! :)

Shero
02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
What is 30DS?

I did end up on the scale and have gained back 5#. Last week was a tough one, husbands birthday, valentines day, bosses birthday. All excuses aren't they.

I think one of the problems is that when i weigh in and have lost it's like I give myself permission to pig out.

Am I ready to quit-no-am I ready to try to understand my actions better yes.....

Am I confused by all the thoughts going through my head-yes.

Bet you are all confused now......

zoesmom
02-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Shero--our posts crashed else I would have answered in my first post :lol:

30DS is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It will KICK your butt like no tomorrow, but it is SO worth it! (as an added bonus, you don't have to even buy anything, although it is all cheap. You can find it on YouTube for free and can use anything as weights...bottles of water, cans of soup...so on and so on.)

I can understand where you are coming from. If the scale moves up, we think, "What's the point. Have to re-lose it, so might as well have some fun while I can." If we lose, we think, "WOOHOO! TREAT TIME!"

I've found that if I schedule days to "gorge" myself, I tend not to think like that. For example, I went to IHOP this past weekend. I ordered the 2x2x2 Fit and ate all of the eggs (egg substitute), both pieces of turkey bacon, and only one pancake. I felt so guilty but then I realized I had my fun, I ate within reason, AND I ate 1/2 as much as I used to several months back...AND the next day I had a weight loss (wasn't much, but at least something.) I took into consideration I was going to be "bad" so I skipped out on one of my WS snacks and shakes.
Or, on Valentine's Day, I got a HUGE box of chocolate. I would have had the entire thing gone in one sitting...but it tastes so much better to have 20 pieces for 20 days. :)

My treats tend to be non-food though (as I am trying to break the whole addicted to food thing.) If I lose 10 pounds, I treat myself with a hour long massage at a spa, or the super deluxe mani/pedi. I pamper myself...make myself feel amazing, so it keeps me on track. When I eat, I feel bloated and gross. So...what is that...positive reinforcement? I dunno, I got confused by the whole Freud thing in high school.

But keep at it...we are here for you and with you. :)

irish51
02-20-2013, 06:39 PM
zoesmom, I like the level one workout better than level 2. I feel like I was getting more out of it. I am on day 8 of level 2, so I will keep going (I am one of those people who has to at least try to finish what I start).

Hmmm why do I give up on losing weight you ask? Silly, cause I like chocolate and chips! :D

shero, I totally understand what you are saying. Throughout my life, I have done tons of diets.Some I have done well, reaching my goal, others not so much. Yet, I weigh myself every night before I go to bed, and every morning after getting out of the shower.

I have gotten on the scale, saw it going down, and sabatoged myself.

Why? It has taken me a while to sit with myself and really figure that out. Trust me, it has nothing to do with the fact that I like chocolate or chips. It is of course, an emotional response. I know why I self- sabatoge and I believe this time I have faced it and can meet my goals.

So, what I am saying is do you know why you give yourself permission to pig out? I am not asking you your reason, just do you yourself know the answer. It took me some time to figure out what was behind my emotional response to the scale going down. It may take you some time also.
I know you are not going to give up. You know we are here to listen and support you.

Jwoiderski
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
I have not posted because I have been way off track. I almost feel defeated and wondering what is the use of trying-I am so week. That said I am staying off the scale until the end of the month.

I am hoping that these last 10 days of the month I can keep on track and at least break even.

Sheri!! You can do it. I step on the scale to look at a number I want to never see again. It isn't who you are, it is going to be who you used to be... You can do it. Life is going to hand you weeks like this, don't let it stop you!

Jwoiderski
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks all for the support in joining. I know we are all busy and that can get us in trouble by eating on the run. Today I stuck to my plan and I didn't even eat a single thing at the work pot luck!!

zoesmom
02-20-2013, 07:54 PM
:tired: I just completed my first level two. Holy HE double hockey sticks I am in some pain now!!! And sweaty....lord I don't think I have sweated this much in my entire life combined! I did it...and I am so going back to level one tomorrow. I am NOT even close to being ready for level two...at least I gave it a try...maybe another week I will give L2 a go again. But WOWZA!

irish51
02-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Zoesmom, I did ask you if you liked planks :D

Seriously, I don't blame you for going back to L1. I probably should have, but I was being stubborn. On the 30 Day shred thread, I was told that L3 is really bad.

I especially love when Jillian says "I want you to feel like you are going to die". I have quite a few choice responses, none of which I can type here.

My order from Diet Direct came today. I had ordered on Monday because I wanted to take advantage of the $15. Coupon. The Fedex guy now rings my bell and says "I've got another one for you.":o

zoesmom
02-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Zoesmom, I did ask you if you liked planks :D

Yes, yes you did. And I do. It is just that my body does not. :lol:

My order from Diet Direct came today. I had ordered on Monday because I wanted to take advantage of the $15. Coupon. The Fedex guy now rings my bell and says "I've got another one for you."

HAH! I have a similar story. I had ordered a 4 week box refill around early December, only to get hit with a super deal that made me buy the 12 week kit a few weeks later. I deliver EVERYTHING to my husband's office because of the time of day Fed Ex delivers to us. In any case, the Fed Ex guy asked my husband's boss if the stuff worked. In turn, Tony (my husband's boss) came to ask Ian (my husband) what the heck was going on...only to discover 5 HUGE boxes taking over my husband's office. Ever since, they have been joking that the diet isn't for me but for my husband. they give him unrelentless heck over it, yet are super supportive of me. :D

irish51
02-21-2013, 03:44 PM
:rofl::rofl: got to love those FedEx guys!!

We are suppose to get 3-5" of snow tonight. That means my son will be bringing the baby to spend the night. :woohoo::woohoo: I loved being a mom, and I love being a grandma. I turned my late husbands home office into a nursery.

So of all the Diet Direct products, what do you like the best?

I like the Mocha Cream pudding/shake. When I make it as a pudding, instead of water, I mix it with diet cream soda. When I have it as a shake, I use ice cold water and a couple ice cubes.

I have never liked soup, so I do not order that. I did order 1 box of strawberry smoothie this time, to try. I have never had it.

zoesmom
02-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh Lord...what do I not like is an easier question :)

Here is what I love:
I am a fan of the Dark Chocolate Shake/Pudding...it is super yummy. The Mocha Chocolate is great in coffee (so is the Mint.) And I love the Strawberry Smoothie. The Carmal Pecan Bars are heavenly. I like the Spicy Mac and Cheese. I like the Sour Cream and Onion O's. As much as I hate soup myself, I really am surprised to find I love the Tomato Soup...tastes like a V8...YUM! I like the Lemon Bars and Lemon Pudding despite not liking lemon. I like the Chocolate Iced Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Pretty much, I hate the Chocolate Cake and the Chili. I tolerate the Vanilla Shake (however, mixed with Cream soda and it is AWESOME!) and the rest of the soups, and most of the deserts. I like most everything else.

sorry for the snow (I hate snow) but Kudos on the kiddo!!!! Tonight is ballet and my scheduled "cheat" day where we go out to eat because well, ballet runs too late to get home and cook. I always order healthy and always eat only half, but I always feel bad anyways. Fun times, fun times :)

irish51
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
I have never tried the chili, because I have never liked chili. I, also, don't like the chocolate cake. That one needs work.

Not big on vanilla pudding...okay once in a while. Like the hazelnut, dark chocolate, and chocolate puddings/shakes,the pancakes,spicy cheese pasta, cheese steak macraroni, the cookies -oatmeal reason w/icing & chocolate chip w/icing. My favorite bars are creamy peanut butter & marshmallow chocolate. Oh and my order yesterday, I got one bag of the pizza crunch protein chips..they were good.

I have tried the cinnamon crunch cereal, it's fine. The apple cinnamon oatmeal, I make into a pancake, because I am not an oatmeal person.
I have been doing the cup of hot chocolate and a cookie (heated in the microwave for 12 seconds) for breakfast.

I also hate snow, and yet I have lived here all my life . I refuse to drive in it...thus if they want me to babysit, the child needs to be brought to me and spend the night. Lol.

Enjoy your dinner out.

zoesmom
02-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I grew up in Northern California. Most people don't associate CA with snow, but let me tell you, in that area, it is rather plentiful. We never had snow days, in fact, I quite frequently had to walk in snow ranging from 2 inches to 2 feet to my school that was 3 blocks away. We had mud days (after the snow melted) instead. I HATED that stuff...so cold. So wet. And ALWAYS there, thanks to the Sierras always dumping it on us. When we first moved to Georgia, we had a "snow storm" and I was SO excited that when I learned school as closed. I bolted out the door, I HAD to see how much snow this was..we NEVER had school close for CA...and when I opened the door....it was less than a centimeter. Seriously. It was a dusting. I could have gotten more coverage if I dumped one bag of powdered sugar in my lawn. It melted by 7 am. I learned something that day. Even though I grew up in snow and can drive in snow, do NOT drive in snow. If the south freaks out about a dusting...LORD I don't want to be on the road with them if a real storm comes. I married a Michiganer, and he has the same stance as me. It's fun to watch everyone flock to the stores for the milk, eggs, butter, bread, and whatnots when the news comments on the possibilities of snow. I have never once doen that. Because...hey...it WILL melt and you WILL be able to get to the store. But anyways, nothing you don't already know. :)

The cinnamon cruch cereal tastes like cruncy air to me. I have to add spendla to it and a smidge of vanilla to my milk to make it taste like anything. :D

The chocolate cake...man....I am an amateur baker. I have been told for years I need to go into business, but if I had to make my hobby into my career, I'd go nuts. But that chocolate cake. I have tried doctoring. I have tried altering. I have tried modifying. That cake is HORRIBLE. I know a lot of people say you have to think of it not being a cake. So fine. Call it a brownie. A cookie. A flap jack. I don't care. Still F-ing horrible. The only thing I absolutely can not stomach.

The chili---I hate chili. But I ordered it out of morbid curosity, since I hate sloppy joe but likes WS's verison. Yep. Still hate chili. BUT--it could have been worse. I could stomach it again in a pinch.

I never thought of oatmeal pancakes...hmmmm....I make mine into muffins. :P

I doctor just about everything I eat. I grew up learning to cook and had the fortune of getting my first job as an apprentice to a rather popular Eurpoean chef. I never did learn his last name, but he was simply know as Chef Alec. His dad owned a resort here in Georgia and Chef Alec took a "health vacation" from Belgium back in 2000-2001 and his dad convinvced him to come cook for him for a time. I was just the prep cook at the time, but Alec took me under his wing that year and showed me some of his secrets. So...long story short...I can cook. Hence, I doctor EVERYTHING...but within reason. :)

irish51
02-22-2013, 05:11 PM
L2D10 completed. I don't usually workout on days I have the baby, but since this was the end of Level 2, I wanted to get it done.

I went out and did the snow blowing of the driveway and sidewalks while the baby napped. My son picked him up early, so I did my workout. Now I think I will take the weekend off and sit on my butt. :D.

That cake is HORRIBLE. I know a lot of people say you have to think of it not being a cake. So fine. Call it a brownie. A cookie. A flap jack. I don't care. Still F-ing horrible. The only thing I absolutely can not stomach. ROFLMAO

That is really cool that you apprenticed under a chef. My late husband loved to cook, me not so much. I can do it, I just do not love it. Now with it being only me here, it's really more difficult to cook for one. I have been doing better lately, since I am not a big veggie eater, and I need to be for this plan to work. I have been reading through some of the recipe threads on this forum, to disguise my veggies.

irish51
02-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Good Morning,

So I have been tweaking my WS plan this week and it paid off.

Today's Weigh In -3.6 lbs, for the week.

zoesmom
02-24-2013, 06:58 PM
:carrot:Good Morning,

So I have been tweaking my WS plan this week and it paid off.

Today's Weigh In -3.6 lbs, for the week.:carrot:
W'uddya do?

zoesmom
02-27-2013, 08:59 AM
I figure it is time for me to come out of hiding. I was hiding because I was ashamed.

You see, I was bad last week. Very, very bad. But most of it was on purpose. I've been in a plateau for this makes week 6. As you can expect, that is a bit irritating. Then I realized, I started working out about 6 weeks ago....hmmm....wonder if the two are co-related.

Lots of research and consulting with my doctor later and HEY! What do you know! IT IS RELATED! Apparently, I am eating my calories. Okay, I am dumb. What the HECK does THAT mean! :?: OH! It means I am not consuming ENOUGH when I added in exercise. Probably should have consulted with the doc first so that a new plan could be addressed. Well. Don't I just feel silly now. :o Who'dda thought that exercise would stall me out like this.

His recommendation was one that really made me cringe. He wanted me to gorge. Yep. You heard that right. Gorge. He told me that my body had hit "starvation mode" and that I needed to jump start it again. So, gorge. He didn't want me going apey and eat everything on God's green earth, but he wanted me to eat about 2000 calories a day for 5 days. I did. It totally shocked my body and I jumped up to 264 come Sunday. You should have seen me wig out on that one, I was much happier staying at 259 in 6 weeks than climb up the ladder that took so long to go down.

I am happy to report though, today, I am back down to 259. Took a few days, but much quicker than it usually is when I cheat (those usually take two weeks to get over one bad day.)

Now, onto phase two of his genius plan (although, I must admit, I am still skeptical, but given his last idea of eating double what I had been eating seemed to work, I'll give it a shot.) On the days I work out, he wants me to have one EAS Post Workout shake within 30 minutes of completing my work out. In other words, eat more calories that day. He said it will help with my energy levels, help with my insanely sore muscles, and *SHOULD* help get me past my plateau. I plan on picking up some at GNC on my way home today and giving it a go. I'll report my finding so if any of you ladies are having the same problem...maybe this will work for you.

Onto other things now. I saw this (http://lowcalorielife.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/weight-loss-motivation-inspiration-quote.gif) and went...WOW! THAT IS A LOT WHEN PUT INTO PERSEPCTIVE! Considering I have lost nearly 35 of those bad boys...holy moly!!! Sometimes we forget just what we have accomplished and dwell instead on what we still have in front of us. I always find it impressive when I take a seat in the back and look at it from another persective. It keeps me on track as I realize I have come much farther than I once ever thought possible.

That brings me to a very powerful woman who I have always admired, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. She conquered what everyone thought couldn't be done. Whereas I don't agree 100% with her, I do believe she had an amazing ability to be both noble and honest with the world around her. She also had some impressive and powerful quotes. Today, I think I shall borrow one of those for my QUOTE OF THE DAY:

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~Margaret Thatcher

How right she was. How many times have I seen the scale flash at 259? How many times has it gone up oppossed to down? I am fighting this battle, what feels like on repeat. But by God, I WILL win this war! I think Lady Prime Minster hit it right on the nose. I may be on what feels like a continuous loop, but eventually, I will win.

irish51
02-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Morning!

Well, it's been a heck of a week so far. Monday, I went to pick up my 11 month old grandson (I watch him on Mondays & Fridays), it's a 35 minute drive one way. We got back here, and my house was at 59 degrees. After messing with the thermostat, I put a call into my HVAC guy. He happened to be near by :cheer3:, so he was here in 10 minutes. He declared my blower motor dead.Thankfully, he had one on his truck. He installed new motor and I fed the baby breakfast. Luckily, it only took an hour. I was worried, I would have to take the baby somewhere to keep him warm.

Tuesday, we had snow. Now I think I have mentioned I hate snow, but I live here anyways. About 3 PM, I decided to tackle the driveway. Fired up the snowblower, and started to clear, when I realized this was not working. Heavy wet snow, in a small blower like mine only jams it. So, I broke out the shovel, and it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes, to clear driveway, walkway, and sidewalks. That crap at the end of the drive...really heavy. I ended up going out again last night at 9:30 and 20 more minutes of shovelling.

zoesmom, I had to smile when I read your post. This is how I tweaked my program...more food. I use Losit app. so, I have tracked my calories and exercise. As you know, the last few weeks with the .2 , .4 losses and gains have had me frustrated. So, I took a good look at my food diaries and my Loseit app and realized, I am eating around 900 calories per day. I had cut out all starches, fats (as much as possible), fruit. I was doing 30 Day Shred, treadmill, shoveling snow, crawling on the floor with grandson .
Subtracting my regular exercise (not including crawling around with grandson, playtime, or carrying him around.) I realized my calories amounted to about 500 per day! YIKES! I forced myself to increase my food. If I wanted an egg, I had 2 eggs, I would add 2 slices of 40 calorie per slice toast w/ a little margarine spread on it. :fr: I did that all week, and stopped doing the treadmill. That is how I lost 3.6 for the week..which is HUGE for me.
I don't expect to have that kind of loss every week. I learned, like you, that you have to watch the exercising so much, that you are burning everything you eat and your body just won't let go of any more.

Oh, and I always make sure that after I exercise I grab like a WS bar. I know you need protein after working out to repair muscle.

Congratulations, on speaking with your doctor and losing the 6 lbs! We are definitely going to do this!

zoesmom
02-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Well heck, irish had I known. :lol:

I bought the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE oppossed to the Post Workout as it was closer in tune with the WS diet based on carbs (3g of carbs) and all (Post Workout had 40g of carbs!) That's almost half of what I am allowed a day!! :yikes:

I did my workout, drank my shake, and...well...not sore today...first time in a long time too. Had energy yesterday too. Treated myself to a lean hamburger on a Healthy Wheat Bun, had a large salad, had my dessert, and went to bed. Upon waking today...hey! I went down 0.4 pounds between yesterday and today! I bet I'll get out of 259 by this weekend :D

Although, my mood is not all about losing those pounds right now. I think my hubby gave me his germs. Not good.

I know most of everyone who frequents this thread wasn't around back in August when I got a simple cold...that turned nasty quickly...and came insanely close to killing me. I have bad asthma...I mean hospitlization in ICU type asthma. Last August I had O2 saturation levels in the 40's (I found out later by a mortitian friend that he works on corpses with higher levels.) Doctors were astonished I was alive, much less up and walking. But ever since then, the fear of getting sick has been beyond annoyance but pure terror. I am terrified my daughter will find me in a semi-coma again. I am terrified she'll be the only one with me again and will spend hours trying to wake me up like last time. I am terrified she won't manage it next time. She is three, how she managed to pull me out of the bed the first time is impressive...could she do it again? And could she manage to wake me again? And can I handle her seeing that again? As it is, 6 months later, she still gets very scared if I fall asleep prior to bed time and sleep past dawn. It had a very profound effect on both of us. And here I am, all snuffily and sore throated. My hubby has a fever and a cough...is that is what is coming next for me since he NEVER gets sick? I've had my flu and pnemonia shot...gods please no...the fear of getting sick is beyond bearable....

That's why I have to lose weight. I have to. I am convinced that if I don't, my asthma, which is worse with the more I weigh, will kill me. And my daughter will see that. Not only see that, but be the only one with me at the time and not be able to pull the miracle off the second time. I can't do that to her. I just can't. :cry:

irish51
02-28-2013, 02:08 PM
I went down 0.4 pounds between yesterday and today!

Thanks for sharing.. I went up .4 between yesterday and this morning!:(

Wow! Your little girl is fantastic. The fact that she was able to wake you up , I bet you are really proud of her.

You are going to do this zoesmom, you have your little one to inspire you. And I am here, I am not going anywhere. So I hope you will stay and keep posting, cause talking to myself...really sucks! :D

zoesmom
03-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Wow! Your little girl is fantastic. The fact that she was able to wake you up , I bet you are really proud of her.

You are going to do this zoesmom, you have your little one to inspire you. And I am here, I am not going anywhere. So I hope you will stay and keep posting, cause talking to myself...really sucks! :D

She is, and I am. :) Her name is Zoë, which is actually just the Greek word and spelling for "life". I never thought when when named her that her name would mean more than just a name to me, but it does. She is insanely smart, all her teachers and doctors want her tested for being gifted prior to the start of Kindergarten. She turns four next month, but she can already spell 25 words (that I know of), can read some basic words, can spell her entire name, can do basic math, and can take complex concepts and figure it out. And her vocab is out of this word. She knows words like "unctuous" and what it means. Her doctor called me a liar at her 18 month check up because he didn't believe us...until she started chatting up a storm with him, and it just keeps growing. Smart kid. I got super lucky. :) How I love my little one. :)

I will keep posting. I disappear for a day here or there often, but usually because my life is busy busy, much like yours. But I always come back. :) In fact I am back today to say..yep..I am sick. BUT! The good news is, I have officially made it past my plateau!! 258.5 BABY!!! THANKS DR. BROWN! And here I though he had been a quack telling me to eat more! I owe him a hug when I see him again this month! :D

irish51
03-01-2013, 10:15 AM
I understand about your daughter. My oldest son, now 38 (:yikes:), graduated from high school at age 16. In grammar school, I had him in the gifted program ...until school budget cuts. He is now in IT. He is a certified citrix engineer, and works with healthcare.

:woohoo::woohoo: on the weight loss. Keep it up! It seems to be falling off you and attaching to me---up .2 this morning.

zoesmom
03-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Good news is, I woke up this morning at 257.2. Bad news is I drank two HUGE mudslides, ate a little pasta (I mean a little because the mudslides had filled me up, thankfully) and a small slice of cake. I fully expect tomorrow to net me a gain of every pound I had worked so hard to lose these past several weeks. But my birthday was great, first time in 20 years it wasn't laced with surgeries, deaths, wrecks, or anything else miserable...and with only 7 minutes left in the day, I doubt any of those will happen. Got my coveted KitchenAid mixer for my cakes (my old one was fixing to die hard core) and my daughter picked out a gorgeous mother's necklace.

Great day. :) I'll take those extra pounds from today. I'll lose them again. But today, I had fun. I never drink, and in the grand scheme of things, outside of those drinks, I did not eat bad. I ate within reason. If this was last year, my report would have been I had the two mudslides, all of the pasta, tons of bread, and seven slices of cake. All in all....great day. Noticeable progress from this time last year...and a wonderful day with very dear people. :)

zoesmom
03-03-2013, 08:03 AM
WOOHOO!!!! Despite being bad yesterday, I only gained 1/2 a pound....tomorrow is my official weigh in...so, let's see if I can get rid of it. But AWESOME! I was expecting a 4 pound gain :D

irish51
03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Happy Birthday,zoesmom!!!! sorry, I am a day late.

irish51
03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Morning!

Well, up +.2 for the week.

I think to lose 20 lbs is going to take forever, at this rate.

We are waiting for another snowstorm,suppose to hit after midnight. Snow all Tuesday, into Wednesday. They are saying by the time it is over, we should have another 5-9".

zoesmom
03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Ewwwww....snow...... :headache: Glad it's not me...so very sorry it is you!

I did well, all in all. I came in at 257.6 this morning, despite this weekend. I have to hand it to my doctor, adding the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake helped kick start my weight loss again. I NEVER thought I'd get past that plateau!

I hear you on losing the pounds irish. Sometimes it drops. Sometimes it takes freaking forever. I find I can't have anything that deviates from the plan...like coffee (even black) or sodium or really anything. In fact, I have to cut the carbs out as my body gains weight just thinking about carbs, so that means I drink 4 ounces of almond milk instead of my 4 ounces or milk I am allowed in the morning and I skip my daily fruit and starch but add in carrots or lettuce or celery to make up the lost calories.

Have you taken any measurements since starting 30DS? I'll admit, I have not...but I can tell the difference in my face, in my waist, and my neck...big time in my neck.

My daughter bought me a necklace for my birthday. It is on an 18 inch chain. I cringed when I saw that...18 inches on me equals a choker. I was terrified it wouldn't fit and she wanted me to wear it right then and there. I KNOW for a fact that two months ago, 18 inch chains did not fit. I broke one on January 18th as a matter of fact. So...I put it on hoping against hope and...IT FIT! In fact, I have slack even! A good inch or more of slack!!! I haven't been able to wear an 18 inch chain in 10 years!!!! NSV for me! WOOT! :woohoo:

So, my question remains, have you taken measurements? Maybe you're not losing pounds...but how's those inches look? Also...what if your body is becoming super efficent in buring calories? It can happen. In which case, are you consuming enough calories? When I went to my doc last week, he told me I need to look at that once every other week, as our bodies are always adapting and changing. Food for thought.

:hug: You can do it!

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~Robert J Collier

irish51
03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
I have to cut the carbs out as my body gains weight just thinking about carbs

I am absolutely there with you.

I did take measurements. Of the ones I took, I really only lost about 1/2" each arm. and 1/2" waist, down about 3 lbs. So, it's not bad when I look at it from that perspective.

Also...what if your body is becoming super efficent in buring calories? It can happen. In which case, are you consuming enough calories? When I went to my doc last week, he told me I need to look at that once every other week, as our bodies are always adapting and changing. Food for thought.

You know, I read this yesterday and thought about it all last night. It did not occur to me that I might have to look at it once every other week or in my case, it might be every week.

Thank you. My calories are really low (average around 980 per day), doesn't sound like much, but I eat a lot for that amount. Keep in mind at my age, my metabolism has slowed. I have added more vegetables ( for very few calories) and sometimes I add a slice of light wheat bread (40 cal. per slice.), when my exercise has burned off lots of my calories. Hope that made sense.:dizzy:

Enough about me!

Congratulations on the NSV. You are doing so well on this. Thanks for the help/suggestions. :hug:

Now I am off to shovel snow :lucky:

ukemama
03-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Can anyone tell me how long it took you to go into ketosis on Wonderslim?

I am eating a high-protein diet with very low carbs. I'm supplementing with WS and for three weeks nothing has improved. No ketosis (tests register as trace no matter when I test), no weight loss, no inches loss. My only cheat was a 4oz glass of red wine last week. I am so frustrated! Any advice is appreciated!

zoesmom
03-07-2013, 09:59 AM
:welcome: ukemama!!!

I am not sure about ketosis on WS. Ultimately, it allows more carbs than IP and Medifast, so you may never actually hit ketosis. I know I go to a doctor once a month regarding my weight loss with WS and when I asked about those strips, I was told to ignore them, that unless they test high, I am doing the right thing. Ultimately, they want me to test with trace, it keeps the body safe.

Are you following WS to a "T" or are you using WS as an alternative for a different protocol? If you are following the WS diet, many of us have found we need to drop both the daily fruit AND the daily starch. If you are excercising, as irish and I have both learned, you may need to add about 100-200 calories a day on the days you excercise (EAS Carb AdvantEDGE is a shake that is high in protein, perfect for calories, insanely low on carbs....more or less...PERFECT on exercise days.) On the other side of things, make sure you are getting ENOUGH calories. Don't skip meals. Make sure you are weighing/measuring your foods correctly. If you are using WS, I assume you are on a low cal diet, so you need to stay between 900-1200 calories a day. Anything less is flat out dangerous. Anything more, well, that depends on your body.

The program does work...if you stick with it. If you are not losing anything and are 100% on program, and after tweaking (ie adjusting for exercise) you may have an underlying medical condition, such as hyperthyrodism. Get a Loseit! account if you don't already, and plug your information in. It will give you a ball park idea of what your calorie intake needs to be with exercise and what not. It puts me around 1700 calories a day, but after discussing with my doctor, I really need to be around 1300 a day, so you may need to adjust (something you can do on Loseit!) the actual number allowed in a day. It is a great place to log every little thing consumed.

:goodluck: and :hug: You can do it!

Quote of the Day:
“Stay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.” ~Tony Robbins

zoesmom
03-07-2013, 10:04 AM
While I am on here, I want to mention my moment last night.

My daughter has a bunk bed. She's had it for a year. For a year, she has begged me to snuggle her to sleep, but I always bail out and have my husband do it instead of me as he weighs less and I am terrified the thing will collapse under me if I get up there with my daughter. Last night, she asked me again. I hemmed and I haaed and was about to ask my husband to crawl up there with her while I realized something major...her weight and my weight combined is now LESS than my start weight!!! She and I can now safely be on the top bunk! So...for the first time in a year, I got to snuggle my daughter to sleep in her "new" bed! :cloud9:

ukemama
03-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, zoesmom! I'm glad to read you can snuggle in the bunkbed safely. That is a fantastic reward!

I am doing protein shakes (2g carbs, 25g protein), meat (Canadian bacon, fish, sardines, scallops, turkey, occasionally beef), high protein bars (12-20g protein, 2-10g carbs) and salads loaded with veggies with homemade dressings with no sugar. I am eating two WS products a day (a meal and a bar) for convenience sake. No exercise at the moment, as I have vertigo and any movement seems to trigger it - even simple things like walking.

I'm tracking on Livestrong. It shows I'm consuming 900-1100 calories a day and less than 40 carbs a day. I have hypothyroid and Cushings Syndrome. Because of this, my doc has recommended trying the ultra low carb path. Weight Watchers was not working at all - I gained over 10# eating all the "fiber" a.k.a. carbs. I also did the Paleo diet - but that was really hard for me because I am on the go so much with my kids (sometimes until 10:30PM) and my job.

I'm getting frustrated. I was hoping by this time I would at least be down 10# or some inches. I know I'm not gaining (yeah!), but this is heaviest I've ever been. I had a picture taken of me at work and it was posted on a wall. I walked by it and said, "Wow, who's that?" Yeah, it was ME! Depressing...

I'm glad to hear that your doc says a trace amount of ketones is a good goal. I am a water drinker by nature and I think I might not have enough of a concentration to change the strips.

Thanks for taking time to reply to me!

zoesmom
03-07-2013, 12:21 PM
No sweat :)

If you know you have certain obstacles to overcome with your dieting, you may want to reach out to the forum (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/) that touches on this indepth. Whereas I would adore to see a new name here with WS and encourage you to post often (really, I would LOVE for you to be a regular here, I am NOT shooingyou away!!!), you may find better help there as many have been in your shoes and have either overcome their obstacle or are still overcoming it.

I found this thread for Hypothyroidism (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/236751-hypothyroidism-weight-loss.html) as well as this article (http://www.3fatchicks.com/how-to-diet-with-a-thyroid-problems/). Here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/how-to-prevent-weight-gain-from-cushings-syndrome/) and here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/85249-prednisone-weight-loss.html) touch on Cushing's and dieting while on prednisone (GAHS I HATE THAT STUFF!!!! I have to use it frequently for my asthma flair ups...no clue until I researched it that it can be used for Cushing's too...heck, had to google Cushing'e even.)
There are tons more threads on the subjects, but I just grabbed what looked like the top...then again, since I have neither, I dunno if I grabbed the right ones. But go check it out. Maybe you can get some advise there. And seriously, let us know here, how you are doing!!! :hug:

irish51
03-08-2013, 10:35 AM
My grandson was here on Monday and shared his cold with me. I went and picked him up this morning, the doctor has him on a breathing machine.

I worked out for a little bit yesterday, but just did not feel up to much.

:welcome2: ukemama,

Glad you joined us, I looking forward to reading your posts.

zoesmom, so glad you got to snuggle with Zoe. I bet she was excited, also.

:cp::cp:

ukemama
03-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the links to the articles, zoesmom. I tried to do a search of this website when I first joined and couldn't find anything. In fact, when I used the search function today, I still got no hits. Weird...

Today is DD's 11th birthday and DH's birthday is tomorrow. Tonight was supposed to be my one cheat night (in three weeks). I wanted some wine, a little cake and a healthy high protein meal with lots of veggies. I'm so worried that this one night is going to set me back all three weeks.

ukemama
03-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Enjoyed my meal last night. Had two glasses of red wine, loads of veggies a small steak and a 1 1/2" slice of birthday cake, which, I have to say, tasted disgusting. The frosting was greasy and gritty - nowhere near what I was expecting (or wanting to taste). The bright side of this is that I certainly won't be tempted to cheat with THAT! :)

zoesmom
03-10-2013, 08:05 PM
:lol: Are you talking about that WS cake? THAT thing IS horrible! As a cake baker, I scream, put that thing out to pasture to DIE! Happy birthday :)

kmorin
03-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Hello All!! I am new to 3fc, but I'm here because I need some help :tantrum:

I started on Ideal Protein Nov 2012 - 1 week before T-Giving...looking back not a fabulous idea. Between T-giving & Christmas I lost 16lbs, which was wonderful!! Getting back on the wagon hasn't been so easy & I have gone on/off the program a couple of times since the beginning of the year.

I found the WS products online & their meal plan seems much more "normal" for me, as I was craving fruit & dairy. I think this will be a "win-win" for me & if I have a piece of fruit or yogurt I won't be "throwing my money down the drain" as the coaches at the IP clinic have put it.

Any help getting started would be greatly appreciated. I do plan on incorporating some alternate protein shakes as I have a whole cabinet full of them! Thanks & I hope you all succeed in your journey :flow2:

irish51
03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
:welcome2: kmorin,

I modify the WS plan depending on my week. As I get closer to my goal, my losses per week are smaller.

Also depending on my exercise I have to change things up.

So lately I have cut fruit out and increased my veggies.
Some weeks I will add in a starch, this past week I cut starches. After my exercise today (4mi walk away the pounds, some weight lifting, and 15 minutes of hula hooping-which I only did because I was having fun with it :D) I had an EAS Carb AdvantEDGE..thanks zoesmom

I use LoseIt app on my phone to track food, exercise, and weight. This also shows my protein, carbs and fat. I am one of those people that can be 'done in' by carbs.

Glad you have joined us, I look forward to seeing your posts.

zoesmom
03-11-2013, 08:49 AM
:welcome: kmorin!!! Glad to have you!

Much like irish, I have had to modify my WS meal. Most days, I don't have fruit. Half the time I don't have my starch. Sometimes I don't have my dairy (but that is laziness...I hate milk.) Mostly, this is because I love carbs...but so does my body. It just hold onto them until the end of its days. :)

That being said, you CAN eat the fruit, milk, and starch and lose weight. It will just be a little slower, but not all that dramatically slower. And if it keeps you OP, by all means do it. Afterall, the plan was made to incorporate these foods in it, so why not utilize it as intended if it is what works for you?

Incorporating shakes is a swell idea. If I had some in my cabinets, heck, I'd do it too! Why waste the money if I have the product!?!? I assume you have IP products and both IP and WS are interchangeable as far as nutritional values go (for that matter, so is Medifast, Nutrisystem, and a few others I can't think of on the top of my head.) If it is something other than the meal replacement systems, just make sure the shakes you have on hand have the nutritional daily requirements in them so you don't muck your body up with a deprivation of sorts.

On WS, you want to stay between 900-1200 calories a day. If you are excercising, you'll want to add between 100-250 calories on workout days within 30-90 minutes post workout. Either an extra WS shake (or equivalent) will work...my doctor recommended the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake. Not all that expensive at Wal-Mart, and not all that bad tasting either, thankfully. :)

Most things are tasty enough on WS...although there are a few things I'd rather not eat again (THAT CAKE!!!!....BLECH!!!!) but all in all, not so bad. As with IP, make sure you get all your calories in and make sure to weigh/measure properly so as to not go over your calorie count (LoseIt! is awesome.) Easy peasy.

Again, :welcome: and good luck! Looking forward to hearing your updates!

Today I had my weigh in. Blech. Between TOM and retaining water, I am up. But I am down some too. At least I am not 259 anymore :lol: 258.2 is my offical weekly weigh in. SO ready to be out of the 250's....these past few weeks have been killing me...finally get out of my plateau only to have my super infrequent period come and say "hi". So unfair....

Found this...very fitting and LOVE it. Here is my QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” ~Earl Nightingale