Ideal Protein Diet - Help, need specialty size Bras, don't want to spend a fortune!!

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Ok, so I'm actually serious here, please don't laugh. Since I have gone on the IP program I have lost about 43 lbs, I still have about 23 to go. For some unknown reason I have not really lost any weight from my chest during this time. The bra's that I started with are now way too big in the band, I am currently wearing a 34DD. I went to Victoria's secret to see what they have and I am now a 32DDD (32E). The problem is, the bra's there are $60 +tax each, which is NOT in the budget! Can anyone recommend somewhere that I would be able to buy this size without auctioning off my firstborn? I also am looking for a bra that I can wear with my weeding dress that would need to be strapless and have a low or invisible back, but it needs to have lift and good support. If any of the "heavy chested" IPeeps out there could give me any recommendations on styles/types that work well for them I would really appreciate it! :dizzy:

Tziri
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
If you like Victoria's secret, have you checked their clearance bras online? I love VS bras and the only way I buy them is when they're on clearance ($30 or less). They usually have a lot to choose from including many full body bras etc.. Other than that I would try outlet stores. I've tried buying cheaper bras before from other places and unfortunately they just don't hold up very well (get what you pay for I guess).

pocahontas812
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
I have also gone down in band size, but not cup size and had to get new bras. I went with the Chantelle line sold at Nordstrom (was fitted at the same time)....but they are pricey.

In the past, I have bought bras on Amazon. If you search for "bra 32 F" you should come up with several options in a variety of price ranges. F = DDD.

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 11:58 AM
If you like Victoria's secret, have you checked their clearance bras online? I love VS bras and the only way I buy them is when they're on clearance ($30 or less). They usually have a lot to choose from including many full body bras etc.. Other than that I would try outlet stores. I've tried buying cheaper bras before from other places and unfortunately they just don't hold up very well (get what you pay for I guess).

I've actually never shopped at VS before, I went there because it was the only place that I know of around here that carries that size. Thanks for the tip I will check online, hopefully the shipping costs won't be too much...

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I have also gone down in band size, but not cup size and had to get new bras. I went with the Chantelle line sold at Nordstrom (was fitted at the same time)....but they are pricey.

In the past, I have bought bras on Amazon. If you search for "bra 32 F" you should come up with several options in a variety of price ranges. F = DDD.

I'm in Ontario, I don't think we have Nordstrom here :( Maybe I can check them out online though. Goes to show you what I know...I thought a DDD was equivalent to an E...thanks for the tip, I've never used amazon so I will try that as well.

Hgamroth
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM
I am that size as well and I bought a Bali bra on Amazon for $32ish. When I get home I will look up the brand and message you. I love the bra. It is very supportive and actually cute!

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I am that size as well and I bought a Bali bra on Amazon for $32ish. When I get home I will look up the brand and message you. I love the bra. It is very supportive and actually cute!

That would be fantastic! Thanks so much! It is so difficult to find good supportive bras that are pretty too!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

NinjaNurse
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
I asked this ??? a few weeks ago. Someone mentioned herroom.com they have very reasonable prices. I want to get measured but for now, that website was a big help. Plus you can use the info to purchase bras at stores near you. (You fill out a sizing program)

chubbiegurl
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
My boobs have totally shrunk. The last bra I bought was a 38d and the and is too big now. I used to be a 40 ddd. I don't usually spend more than 35 per bra and I hated how finding something that looked sexy but yet fit right was so difficult. The straps r always so huge and don't hide well behind the strap of a spaghetti strap shirt. I wish I could help but when I was larger I usually just stuffed myself into a larger band smaller cup. Maybe it would be a good idea if u can to wait until u finish losing weight and then invest in a couple expensive bras, after all u will have earned them. I am a housewife so I just wear my Genie bra most the time, I am so over wires.
Oh I am apple shapped I always stay top heavy, i think most people at my current weight wear a 32 or 34. Yet I am in a 38 even though it is a bit lose now.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/slider-pig/lb/160/125/132/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I asked this ??? a few weeks ago. Someone mentioned herroom.com they have very reasonable prices. I want to get measured but for now, that website was a big help. Plus you can use the info to purchase bras at stores near you. (You fill out a sizing program)

I wasnt on here much during my holidays so I must have missed it! I will definitely check that site out though!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Lizzy63
01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Definitely recommend herroom.com. I use them regularly.

Also, if you are still losing, try going smaller in the band and using an extender. This allowed me to wear bras longer while still losing.

I have some bras that no longer fit - probably 36 - 38 band and cups between F and GG. If anyone needs something specific in that range, I will dig out that box and look - just PM me. Some are a bit worn, but some almost new. Have not had time to get organized and post on the clothing exchange thread.

psjones
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I have ordered from http://www.onehanesplace.com for many years. They have several brands.

Starshine
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I have ordered from http://www.onehanesplace.com for many years. They have several brands.

I've ordered lots from them, but when I lost enough weight and my bras were falling off of me :), I checked Amazon, and their prices were much less and I got free shipping. :)

So my advice (fwiw), if you know the bra you want, check Amazon and see if they can beat the price/shipping of where you found your bras.

psjones
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I've ordered lots from them, but when I lost enough weight and my bras were falling off of me :), I checked Amazon, and their prices were much less and I got free shipping. :)

So my advice (fwiw), if you know the bra you want, check Amazon and see if they can beat the price/shipping of where you found your bras.

Thanks. I really dislike the shipping charges with Hanes. I order a lot from Amazon but never thought of it for bras.

Starshine
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks. I really dislike the shipping charges with Hanes. I order a lot from Amazon but never thought of it for bras.

That's exactly why I checked Amazon the last time. The shipping charges made the bras really expensive, so I decided to look at Amazon for the first time for the bras. And I need new bras now, and I just ordered some. :) I'll need some more when I finally hit the goal weight I want (which will be lower than I have as goal now).

Calisto
01-07-2013, 07:43 PM
I wear a 44DDD (okay now down to almost a 42DDD) and only buy mine from Lane Bryant. They are great and I love the Balconette ones!

They are buy 2 get 2 free right now, they range from $36-$50 depending on style, ones I get are usually $36-$40

I wear underwire and these keep the girls up and perky! lol

Hgamroth
01-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Just sent you PM with the info on the bra I purchased.

BellaRose
01-07-2013, 11:46 PM
I wear a 38GG so I definitely understand how hard it is to find nice bras for a decent price.

I have had the most luck finding bras from http://www.figleaves.com/us/ They often have sales/deals so I am usually able to get nice bras for less than $30/each.

scorbett1103
01-08-2013, 12:54 AM
I wear a 38GG so I definitely understand how hard it is to find nice bras for a decent price.

I have had the most luck finding bras from http://www.figleaves.com/us/ They often have sales/deals so I am usually able to get nice bras for less than $30/each.

OK I think I'm in love with this site. I have so much trouble buying bathing suits that fit, I'm a 36/38 DD but at my heaviest I was closer to a 40DDD/F

WorldTraveleronIP
01-08-2013, 09:19 AM
My bra size rarely changes with my weight loss as well (the band changes, not the cup), so I share your problem. I prefer Cacique bras. If you have a Lane Bryant store near you, go in, get fitted for the correct size bra (try on different styles-they have cute bras, sexy bras and supportive, back-smoothing bras) and if they don't have your size in stock, they will order them for you there, free shipping. I just did that and got 4 bras for the price of 2 shipped to my home. Better prices and selection than Amazon in my odd size :) Have fun shopping!

brunette8706
01-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Have you tried Kohls? They always have a sale plus you can earn KOHLS CASH! You can't beat them. And their customer services is awesome!

Good luck!

djs06
01-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Check out this blog, written by runningfromfat here at 3fc :)

http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/

Bella73123
01-08-2013, 11:54 AM

I will have to check into this one, thanks!

My bra size rarely changes with my weight loss as well (the band changes, not the cup), so I share your problem. I prefer Cacique bras. If you have a Lane Bryant store near you, go in, get fitted for the correct size bra (try on different styles-they have cute bras, sexy bras and supportive, back-smoothing bras) and if they don't have your size in stock, they will order them for you there, free shipping. I just did that and got 4 bras for the price of 2 shipped to my home. Better prices and selection than Amazon in my odd size :) Have fun shopping!

I don't fit in the Lane Bryant sizes, their smallest band size is a 36 according to their website :(

Have you tried Kohls? They always have a sale plus you can earn KOHLS CASH! You can't beat them. And their customer services is awesome!

Good luck!

Thanks, I don't think we have Kohls in Canada, but I will check online.

Bella73123
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Wow!! This site is fantastic!! Really nice items, and the pricing isn't over the top, thanks so much!:cheer2:

Bella73123
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
I thought I would post this for anyone in Canada that it interested. I was just about to start to order my bras online, but was extremely nervous because I wasn't sure that the sizing would be right or consistent. A lot of the sizes I was looking at come from the UK which means paying duties and then shipping charges to return if the size was wrong, so I was really dreading it...

Anyway, my fiance found this amazing store in the next town over from us, it is a chain, and it is called Changes of Scandinavia. They have European Bra sizes from A to K cup. Their sizes are a little different from here, I am a 32H in this store, but the fit is wonderful! I am so happy to finally be able to go to a store and find my size and try things on! I do notice that they fit a little high under the arms, BUT they fit, so I am thrilled. The prices are great, they are having a 30-70% off sale right now, and their stuff is really nice! Once they have their new swimsuit line in I will be going back to find something for my honeymoon! They don't have any stores in the US for some reason...but this might help some of the heavy chested Canadian ladies out there!

ChickieChicks
01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hijack, but isn't a DDD an E? I thought and F was DDDD.

staceyjblack
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
I also recommend SOMA intimates- they are super comfortable!

Bella73123
01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Sorry to hijack, but isn't a DDD an E? I thought and F was DDDD.

DDD is an F in US sizes, which is an E in UK sizes...apparently they like to make it confusing LOL.

Calisto
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
a DDD is suppose to be an F but I have found for me Fs do not fit, only the DDDs do.

Eydawn
01-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Had to comment even though I'm not an IP person... I wear 34DDD and the Whimsy by Lunaire line has worked very well for me (they do 32 DDD/F as well). I buy mine from Amazon, as Macy's decided not to keep them in stock in stores anymore...