Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat: Monday 1/7/13

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat: Monday 1/7/13

Chloe222
01-07-2013, 05:18 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Chloe222
01-07-2013, 05:21 AM
Good morning all,
What are your opinions on the new Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Spread? Thinking about buying them...

Wishing all a great day, stay OP!

Chloe

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 05:51 AM
Good morning all,
What are your opinions on the new Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Spread? Thinking about buying them...

Chloe

Hi Chloe,
I have tried all 3 (regular, chocolate and cinnamon/raisin). The chocolate and cinnamon/raisin are definitely better than the regular. I spread a very thin layer on celery sticks and it's pretty tasty.

tam67green
01-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Good morning!
It's gonna be an odd week...this morning I see my 11-year-old son off to outdoor school for the week. Won't see him again until Friday afternoon. :( He will have a blast, of course, but we'll miss him. Every summer, he spends a week at Camp Grandma, so it's not like this is the first time he'll be away from home, but still..

Hoping for a better OP day today than yesterday. Might as well forget about IP yesterday! Due to bad planning on my part and the restaurant apparently disregarding the "no butter" thing, it was a disaster! I was very light-headed while visiting my aunt, because I had only had an EAS shake for breakfast (this was about 3:00 pm) and the steak and broccoli I had at the restaurant certainly tasted like it had something added to it (like butter), but I don't know for sure.

Have a great Monday!

Fishette
01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!

trucolours88
01-07-2013, 07:47 AM

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!

Congrats!! You must be so happy!!

Morning everyone!! Back to work today after 2 weeks off... Looking forward to getting back into routine! Hope everyone has a great day!

rainbowsmiles
01-07-2013, 07:54 AM

awesome!!!!!!!! that must just be one of the best feelings in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you never gave up nor did you ever give in but YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mompattie
01-07-2013, 07:58 AM

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

mrskuby
01-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Yay!!! Great job! :carrot:

Futurefitchick, I am so sorry to hear about your baby! :hug:

As for me, I weighed myself this morning and I seem to be stuck! I only worry because this is the weight I always get stuck at! In the past I have onl been able to get a couple of lbs below this and then nothing!! I know I just have to trust the process but man is this bringing up the old demons! :devil: I looked back over my last few days and I can see that maybe I ate less than I should have, by a snack or two, so I will get back on track and stay focused! And hopefully I will start to see the scale move! :^:

Have a great day everyone!!!

auroragrl
01-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Wow - some awesome things so early in the morning. Keep it up everyone. Don't worry about the being "stuck", it will happen!

I'm on day 4 of reboot, it's actually gone very well. A little nervous about today and my energy level. I teach 23 little first graders. :)

Everyone have a beautiful day and celebrate the little things!!

breezie68
01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Our biggest loser contest weigh in was today at work. It was totally awkward having to weigh in in front of everyone in the office!

ragdoll74
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Congrats Fishette!!!!!

Mrskuby...patience grasshopper. Don't worry, even if it takes a few weeks of really slow losses you will eventually break through. Stay focused!

auroragal- good job on getting to day 4. I have seen so many comments from people restarting that it is much harder the second time around.

I managed to lose 3.0 lbs this week, and we were away all weekend. I was nervous stepping on the scale this morning after eating out dinner for the last 3 days in a row.

Maybe I need to eat out more often. =) The 3 lb loss more than makes up for the .6 lb gain last week.

scorbett1103
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Way to go!

Futurefitchick, I am so sorry to hear about your baby! :hug:

As for me, I weighed myself this morning and I seem to be stuck! I only worry because this is the weight I always get stuck at! In the past I have onl been able to get a couple of lbs below this and then nothing!! I know I just have to trust the process but man is this bringing up the old demons! :devil: I looked back over my last few days and I can see that maybe I ate less than I should have, by a snack or two, so I will get back on track and stay focused! And hopefully I will start to see the scale move! :^:

When you say stuck, do you mean the scale hasn't moved in a couple of weeks? Because you cannot compare day to day on IP. I do the Wii Fit a few days a week and it weighs you, I will show no change or a small increase through the week and then on WI day BOOM there are a few pounds missing. You aren't in a true plateau until you've gone WEEKS with no change (inches or pounds). But if you know you haven't been 100%, commit to two weeks of TOTAL commitment to the program - see if that gives you the boost you need. If after two weeks you are still at the same weight, we can help you find other things to try :)

WingnutandMe
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi Chloe,
I have tried all 3 (regular, chocolate and cinnamon/raisin). The chocolate and cinnamon/raisin are definitely better than the regular. I spread a very thin layer on celery sticks and it's pretty tasty.

I have tried the plain and the chocolate. The plain is good for celery and Rainbow also has a recipe for a stir fry sauce. Page 38 of her recipe book, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwWdTuMO2HWaSTY2TXA5b2VNMGc. I love using the chocolate like icing on muffins and cookies that you can make from the packets. About to have some right now on my zucchini muffins for breakfast.

Mrskuby...patience grasshopper. Don't worry, even if it takes a few weeks of really slow losses you will eventually break through. Stay focused!

I agree, patience. I have now been on this journey for 50 weeks. My losses have been slow all long, but they add up and I can see goal on the horizon. Slow can be discouraging, but the rewards of hanging in there and staying focused and staying OP are definitely worth it.

Molly

usmcvet
01-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Good morning all,

Chloe I tried a bunch of WF when I started IP and hated all but a few of the dressings and I thought they were kinda nasty too. I could see using them as flavoring in cooking but the strong chemical smell and the texture just turned my stomach, I actually gagged involuntary when I tried the PB and Jelly spreads, the consistency/texture was gross too. Sorry, I just could not do it. I threw them all out.

...patience grasshopper.

Your focus, needs more focus!

:D

Okay could not resist, that is my favorite cheesy Kung Fu movie quote!

NSV

I am wearing pants today at work that are 16 inches smaller than when I started. They're 44's and they fit! It's nice not to have my clothes hanging off me. I really need some new uniform shirts but they're a little easier to tuck and make them look OK. When it is time to switch to short sleeve shirts in the spring, I am buying 4 new shirts. They're so expensive. I am going to need a new duty belt soon too, this on has one more set of holes to go. I should order this week!:carrot: It usually takes a month or so to show up.

tobehealthy
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM
As far as the WF products, I love to use the cinnamon raisin in my cereal muffins! Makes them taste really good!

mommyof3girls
01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning. Time to get back to a routine. I so need it, but we are going house hunting in PA starting Thursday, so only 3 days of it until next Tuesday.

Two NSV, I had to have my rings resized. They would fall off my finger and moving to a colder climate I was so afraid I would lose them. Second, I had to return some pants that I got for Christmas. Chicos has crazy sizing so I returned a 1.5 for .5 skinny jean. For the first time ever I tucked jeans into boots. Usually I can't even zip a boot over my calf.

I have done IP for about 26 weeks this year and finally ordered some ProtiDiet products Saturday. I am so excited for something new. I can't believe it took me so long. I have only been using Detour bars and EAS shakes. So time for a change.

I hope everyone has a great day!

A1Texan
01-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I think my home scale is broken. It's showing that I lost 3lbs since my Friday weigh in. I'll give it another day before tossing it out :rofl:

Congrats everyone on their weight loss and meeting your goals....
SCORE..!!!

bttrhalf
01-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi Chloe,
i have not seen these new peanutbutter products, were did you get them? can I order them off line somewhere?

mrskuby
01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the input! I know I'm overreacting but like I said, this is where my weight loss usually stops so when I've seen the scale drop so much every couple of days until I get to this point...then it seemed to stop for 4-5 days, I panicked! I will be focused and have patience! LOL (I loved Kung Fu when I was growing up!) You guys are great!!!

maezy1
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
fishette CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!!! TERRIFIC!!!
USMC wow, that is great that your pant size is so much smaller! I looked at your ticker and wow, you are doing fantastic
A1TEXAN hahaha the scale isn't broken!!! congrats

Just got back from PT. 5 minutes on a bike!!! wow!!! very slow ride but still progress. Everyone went back to school or work today and I am so BORED being home alone but healing takes time. I want to be back to normal by spring. Enjoy your day everyone!

PepperTown
01-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I've had so much success with my weight loss on IP :) My daughter weights more than I do, so I would love to have her share this lifestyle. The problem is, she is lactose intollerant!

Would anyone know which IP products are lactose free? She's actually asked me, this morning, if my clinic would allow her to buy products which she could have for breakfasts :carrot:

Anybody? :)

ragdoll74
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
I love using the chocolate like icing on muffins and cookies that you can make from the packets. About to have some right now on my zucchini muffins for breakfast.

Molly

That sounds fantastic!

NSV

I am wearing pants today at work that are 16 inches smaller than when I started.

WOW!

Two NSV, I had to have my rings resized. They would fall off my finger and moving to a colder climate I was so afraid I would lose them. Second, I had to return some pants that I got for Christmas. Chicos has crazy sizing so I returned a 1.5 for .5 skinny jean. For the first time ever I tucked jeans into boots. Usually I can't even zip a boot over my calf.

Size .5! Didn't know they made sizes .5 & 1.5.

I think my home scale is broken. It's showing that I lost 3lbs since my Friday weigh in. I'll give it another day before tossing it out :rofl:

Nice!

IPdivajen
01-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Morning, all!

I love the chocolate peanut spread. I add a tbsp to my chocolate shakes in the blender, the ready made ones, and they get super thick like a milkshake and taste amazing! The regular peanut one is gross to me. Blech. But as pps have said I could see using it in a recipe.

Fishette, congrats on hitting your goal! So exciting!!!

As for me, just need to say again how much I love IP. After a pretty crazy holiday period, getting back on plan has been just what I needed - I'm down 16lbs since Wednesday! Yep, that's right. Five days of phase 1 and down 16lbs. Makes me a very happy girl indeed! More than the numbers I just FEEL so much better, it's awesome.

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 10:44 AM

Fishette, you did it!! Way to go! So happy for you!

Congrats Fishette!!!!!

auroragal- good job on getting to day 4. I have seen so many comments from people restarting that it is much harder the second time around.

I managed to lose 3.0 lbs this week, and we were away all weekend. I was nervous stepping on the scale this morning after eating out dinner for the last 3 days in a row.

Maybe I need to eat out more often. =) The 3 lb loss more than makes up for the .6 lb gain last week.

3lbs! Nice!

SCORE..!!!

Wow, now that is awesome!

I am so happy to be back OP, I definitely needed the break and I am so much more focused than I have been in a long while.

mommyof3girls
01-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Ragdoll74 They have their own sizing. Like 0, .05, 1, 1.5, 2 etc. I have never shopped at Chicos so I am not sure what they are equivilent too.

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Morning, all!

I love the chocolate peanut spread. I add a tbsp to my chocolate shakes in the blender, the ready made ones, and they get super thick like a milkshake and taste amazing! The regular peanut one is gross to me. Blech. But as pps have said I could see using it in a recipe.

As for me, just need to say again how much I love IP. After a pretty crazy holiday period, getting back on plan has been just what I needed - I'm down 16lbs since Wednesday! Yep, that's right. Five days of phase 1 and down 16lbs. Makes me a very happy girl indeed! More than the numbers I just FEEL so much better, it's awesome.

Oops I missed this...16lbs ?!?!?! Wowza! That is amazing!

bubbleblower
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Ragdoll74 They have their own sizing. Like 0, .05, 1, 1.5, 2 etc. I have never shopped at Chicos so I am not sure what they are equivilent too.

I *love* Chicos. Size 2 is roughly equivalent to a size 12, or a Medium. You can view the complete sizing charts here: http://www.chicos.com/store/page.jsp?id=45

Today I'm in a size 2 silk blouse and size 1.5 black pants. :)

mooselover
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM

Congratulations on metting your scale goal!!!

I gained a few pounds over the holidays so I am working on getting back down to my goal weight, but I am also going to go down a few pounds so I have a below goal weight cushion.

dawnwhite58
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Has anyone had issues with hair thinning? I was reading and saw rapid weight loss under one of the causes. Thought I would throw it out there.

vvei
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi IPpeeps... Still going strong here. I've hit the 100s for the first time in YEARS! Pretty happy about it! Had a HUGE loss this week due to a bad cold. I was on shakes only for 3days, couldn't get more in!

Have a great 100% OP days!

rofl306
01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi IPpeeps... Still going strong here. I've hit the 100s for the first time in YEARS! Pretty happy about it! Had a HUGE loss this week due to a bad cold. I was on shakes only for 3days, couldn't get more in!

Great job! Congrats on ONEderland! :carrot:

WyoGirl82
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm so discouraged and for the first time reading everyone elses posts just makes me more so. I haven't lost an ounce for 5 days. On Thursday I was feeling very fatiqued and hungry so I had two restricted items and I haven't lost anything since. I'm almost panicked that it's just not going to work any more. I know that's not logical but I'm just so use to failing on diets. I am happy I've lost what I have but sure wish it would start coming off again. Do you think that one extra restricted item set me back that far?
Congratulations to every one on your great successes. I really am happy for you.

Hgamroth
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM

CONGRATS!!!!

Great Job!!!

NSV

I am wearing pants today at work that are 16 inches smaller than when I started. They're 44's and they fit! It's nice not to have my clothes hanging off me. I really need some new uniform shirts but they're a little easier to tuck and make them look OK. When it is time to switch to short sleeve shirts in the spring, I am buying 4 new shirts. They're so expensive. I am going to need a new duty belt soon too, this on has one more set of holes to go. I should order this week!:carrot: It usually takes a month or so to show up.

Nice!

Morning, all!

WOWZA!!! WTG!!!

A1Texan
01-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm so discouraged and for the first time reading everyone elses posts just makes me more so. I haven't lost an ounce for 5 days. On Thursday I was feeling very fatiqued and hungry so I had two restricted items and I haven't lost anything since. I'm almost panicked that it's just not going to work any more. I know that's not logical but I'm just so use to failing on diets. I am happy I've lost what I have but sure wish it would start coming off again. Do you think that one extra restricted item set me back that far?
Congratulations to every one on your great successes. I really am happy for you.
I know how you feel but as it was presented to me and I know others will tell you the same thing - You have been on IP since December and you have lost about 21 lbs. That's 4.2 pounds a week. What other diet have you had that much success. Keep your chin up and keep on trucking. If I can learn to cook you can succeed on this..!!! :D

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM

Two restricted items is not likely to affect your loss if you only do it a couple of times. When i started out I did the same thing, I had oatmeal and a bar, not realizing that the oatmeal was restricted. If anything maybe it is that you are stressing over the loss? Stress is very counterproductive to weight loss. As difficult as it sometimes is, you just have to try to stay calm and trust the program, we are all living proof that it works! Make sure you are getting all of your water, oil and salt, and if weighing daily is stressing you out, stay off the scale! It will come off, don't worry :hug:

evepet
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM

Congratulations Fishette! Well Done! ITA with the philosophy of going a few lbs lower for a maintenance cushion.

pocahontas812
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Down 3 lbs at this morning's WI...which I did unofficially at home because I couldn't fit an appt in with my coach today.

Have decided I'm going to go the alternative route starting next week. My coach is fine, but I get so much more valuable info and support here. You guys know way more than he does!! I've been on IP long enough that I've established a very comfortable routine. I know what I can and can't eat, where to get the alternative products, what my goals are, and how to deal with risky/tempting situations. And I know I have the will power and motivation to do this without an official coach.

NinjaNurse
01-07-2013, 12:39 PM

Congrats!!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot:

mompattie
01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I know how you feel but as it was presented to me and I know others will tell you the same thing - You have been on IP since December and you have lost about 21 lbs. That's 4.2 pounds a week. What other diet have you had that much success. Keep your chin up and keep on trucking. If I can learn to cook you can succeed on this..!!! :D

LIKE!!!

mrskuby
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM

I feel for you! I posted almost the same thing this morning! I guess we just gotta keep pushing, stay on track and soon we both will see the "whoosh" as it falls off our bodies. I feel stalled at the same weight I seem to achieve with every other diet. BUT IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY!! At least that's what I've been told!

Hang in there with me!:cheer3::cheer2:

Chloe222
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM

You'll be fine, there's no program like this one and practically speaking, what is the recourse anyway? This is the talk I give to myself occasionally and in 30 seconds I'm back on track (because I'm a logical person and we all have bad moments): if you go off this, you will not lose weight, if you go to a different diet (WW, JC, etc.) you will probably lose at a slower rate, so really, if you are serious about weight loss and a healthier life, what is the choice?

Our biggest loser contest weigh in was today at work. It was totally awkward having to weigh in in front of everyone in the office!

I bet you will lose faster than most, if not all of them. Yes, I can imagine its awkward, but soon you will be feeling rather proud (in a humble way of course :D) because your results will be stellar!

i have not seen these new peanutbutter products, were did you get them? can I order them off line somewhere?
Netrition.com They have flat $4.95 S&H anywhere in the US.

You'll be fine despite 2 restricted items, just try not to do that again. Re not losing anything for 5 days, I'm in the same boat right now. My experience is that it will start coming off and you'll be rewarded within 2 weeks with a larger than average loss, so while it can be a tad frustrating :(, just hang in there. Maybe drink a little extra water, be sure to be OP. Your body is wise and will give the weight up as soon as it can.

pocahontas812
01-07-2013, 12:52 PM

I am a daily weigher too. I've gotten used to seeing the same exact weight for 5 days, then down 1-2 lbs on day 6, and then down another 1-2 lbs on day 7. Other daily weighers have posted similar weight loss patterns. Don't get discouraged. IP has been working for you so far, and will continue to do so as long as you stick to the plan. As others suggested, if the daily number is stressing you out switch to just a weekly weigh in.

IPdivajen
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Wyo - totally been there, more than once! It's insanely frustrating when it happens, that's for sure, but it will pass if you stay on plan, I promise. We all promise!!! Hang in there.

Beck81
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
No time to read the posts today but will later. Went to my WI today which has been almost 2 weeks with doing phase 2. Lost 3.4 more lbs and that's with doing the 30 day shred the past week which I gained on before. So I am 6 lbs below my goal and starting phase 3 tomorrow! I did lots of homework and made some menus on the phase 3 spreadsheet which really helps. I'm ready!

PamC
01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Lots of good news today! Congrats everyone.

I'll add my good news as well, had my first weigh in and was happy to be down 4.8 pounds, considering I had the flu all week. Am 100% better now,and excited to keep going. :)

usmcvet
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Good morning. Time to get back to a routine. I so need it, but we are going house hunting in PA starting Thursday, so only 3 days of it until next Tuesday.

I have done IP for about 26 weeks this year and finally ordered some ProtiDiet products Saturday. I am so excited for something new. I can't believe it took me so long. I have only been using Detour bars and EAS shakes. So time for a change.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Good work. I think you will like Nashua, I do. Lots of their snacks are unrestricted too. My favorite is the Vanilla protien wafer bar. http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-wafer-bar-vanilla-7-box.html

8 carbs and it is good. Second place is the Chocolate Dream, OMG it might actually be my favorite but it is not quite as filling but it's only 6 carbs. http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-bar-chocolate-dream-7-box.html

Third place are the protien crisps, I like all three but these are my favorite, they have a little heat. Just finished my last one, I have an order inbound. Again 8 carbs.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-chipotle-7-box.html

SCORE..!!!

Thanks for the input! I know I'm overreacting but like I said, this is where my weight loss usually stops so when I've seen the scale drop so much every couple of days until I get to this point...then it seemed to stop for 4-5 days, I panicked! I will be focused and have patience! LOL (I loved Kung Fu when I was growing up!) You guys are great!!!

fishette CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!!! TERRIFIC!!!
USMC wow, that is great that your pant size is so much smaller! I looked at your ticker and wow, you are doing fantastic
A1TEXAN hahaha the scale isn't broken!!! congrats

Just got back from PT. 5 minutes on a bike!!! wow!!! very slow ride but still progress. Everyone went back to school or work today and I am so BORED being home alone but healing takes time. I want to be back to normal by spring. Enjoy your day everyone!

Thanks

Morning, all!

As for me, just need to say again how much I love IP. After a pretty crazy holiday period, getting back on plan has been just what I needed - I'm down 16lbs since Wednesday! Yep, that's right. Five days of phase 1 and down 16lbs. Makes me a very happy girl indeed! More than the numbers I just FEEL so much better, it's awesome. You're rocking it girl!

Has anyone had issues with hair thinning? I was reading and saw rapid weight loss under one of the causes. Thought I would throw it out there.

Don't be discouraged. Don't tell anyone :dizzy: But I was doing 2 and 3 restricted foods a day for the first few weeks because I did not know they were restricted. Until my coach looked at my journal.

I used them because they were super easy and tasted really good. I lost lots of weight anyway. We are all different, just keep doing your best. I failed at every diet before IP but I know this is the key for me. I bet it is for you too!

sneuse
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
After a six month hiatus I am back to the program!

I phased off for a long vacation last July after three months completely OP. Was almost to goal (wanted to be 21% BF and got down to 25%) but it seemed to make more sense to take a break. I was down to 130lb which is the lightest I've been in years, and was starting to lose steam.

Now, after a good long break and a gain of almost 10lbs, I'm ready to start over and get to that goal!

Obviously I'm nervous that it won't be as easy the second time around, but I gotta try! I just remember being so excited and gung-ho the first time. This time it's kinda like.... eh I don't wanna. BUT in the end it'll be worth it :)

Hope everyone is doing well. It's great to see some familiar faces as I read through the dailies. Glad to hear most everyone is feeling positive, and for those who aren't don't worry - we all have down moments but sooner or later things will start looking up!

WyoGirl82
01-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks Everyone!! I'm out of my funk and motivated again thanks to all of your comments. (Also....kicking myself in the butt a bit for the whining) :o) The great thing about IP is even when I'm discouraged it has not been difficult to stay OP. This has been the easiest diet I've been on that way. That day of 2 restricted items was the only cheat I've had since 11/31, so, I call that a big win for me. I'll increase my water as suggested and try and hide my scale. And I know it will start to come off again. Thanks so much for responding.....it helped me sooo much today!!

WyoGirl82
01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Wyo - totally been there, more than once! It's insanely frustrating when it happens, that's for sure, but it will pass if you stay on plan, I promise. We all promise!!! Hang in there.

Thanks so much Diva! I feel like I just got a big group hug from everyone!:D

WyoGirl82
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I am a daily weigher too. I've gotten used to seeing the same exact weight for 5 days, then down 1-2 lbs on day 6, and then down another 1-2 lbs on day 7. Other daily weighers have posted similar weight loss patterns. Don't get discouraged. IP has been working for you so far, and will continue to do so as long as you stick to the plan. As others suggested, if the daily number is stressing you out switch to just a weekly weigh in.

Thanks Pocahontas! I am a little addicted to the daily weigh in! Always have been....even though it didn't keep me from gaining weight. I'm going to try and hide my scale for a while...see if that works.

WyoGirl82
01-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I feel for you! I posted almost the same thing this morning! I guess we just gotta keep pushing, stay on track and soon we both will see the "whoosh" as it falls off our bodies. I feel stalled at the same weight I seem to achieve with every other diet. BUT IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY!! At least that's what I've been told!

Hang in there with me!:cheer3::cheer2:

Hanging in there with you! Keep me posted when you see the "Whoosh" as I know you will!! Thanks!!:hug:

WyoGirl82
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Two restricted items is not likely to affect your loss if you only do it a couple of times. When i started out I did the same thing, I had oatmeal and a bar, not realizing that the oatmeal was restricted. If anything maybe it is that you are stressing over the loss? Stress is very counterproductive to weight loss. As difficult as it sometimes is, you just have to try to stay calm and trust the program, we are all living proof that it works! Make sure you are getting all of your water, oil and salt, and if weighing daily is stressing you out, stay off the scale! It will come off, don't worry :hug:

Thanks so much Bella! That makes me feel better. I won't do that again but I'm not going to stress about the fact that I did. I'm going to increase my water and try and hide my scales. I'm again confident it will come off soon! :hug:

WyoGirl82
01-07-2013, 01:30 PM

A1Texan....your posts always make me laugh! Thanks for the encouraging words!!

ragdoll74
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
IPdivajen- 16 lbs is amazing!!!

mommyof3girls & bubbleblower...I need to start shopping at Chico's so I can say I am in a size 1 hehehe

dawnwhite58- there are some threads about hairloss on IP. I haven't had any issues, but if you are check the hairless threads for ideas on how to deal with it.

Suchawittygal
01-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Fishette: WOW! HUGE CONGRATS ON MAKING GOAL!
Texan: I can totally relate, my scale showed me down 3# today also! It's a very welcome site after not losing hardly anything over the past two weeks.

NSV for me: I bought a new pair of pants yesterday and I'm into a size 12!! OMG!! I can NOT believe it. From an 18 to a 12!! Yay ME!:carrot:

Psycht
01-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Congrats Fishette and PamC! An awesome finish for one and an awesome start for another :-)

WyoGirl - I know how it feels to not lose and have a little extra something during the day. Yesterday I thought I did awesome until I looked at the daily summary of My Fitness Pal. My fat was way high and I could not figure out what made it get to that point until I realize I used 2 TABLESPOONS of olive oil instead of teaspoons! Ugh. I felt like **** for a couple hours until I figured what's done is done and to move on. Guarantee I won't make that mistake again :-P

KitKat169
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM

Congratulations! That's an awesome achievement that you've worked so hard for. You'll do great at getting off whatever remaining amount you choose.

usmcvet
01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Fishette: WOW! HUGE CONGRATS ON MAKING GOAL!
Texan: I can totally relate, my scale showed me down 3# today also! It's a very welcome site after not losing hardly anything over the past two weeks.

NSV for me: I bought a new pair of pants yesterday and I'm into a size 12!! OMG!! I can NOT believe it. From an 18 to a 12!! Yay ME!:carrot:

AWESOME, but don't get used to them because soon enough they will be too big for you! :carrot:

LizRR
01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Howdy folks - started off the day with a new running group and a brisk 5-mile run in 30 degrees, not really that cold though since there was no wind chill. We are supposed to get some killer thunderstorms by tomorrow night though, so I want to sneak in my miles while I can. I ended up laying around Saturday after my Friday night food poisoning so making up for lost time there as well.

I am jumping back into full on Phase 3 mode. I was doing a hybrid Phase 1/2-ish plan for a while, but I love my breakfasts and did a batch of baking not-so-little custards for the week. Plus with my running & weightlifting I just need to make sure I am taking in enough calories. Trying to be more vigilant on my food tracking, plus I find with the big breakfast I have absolutely NO temptations at night, where my Phase 2-ish plan always had me struggling my midnight snacker alter ego.

Good morning all,

I only used the regular WF Peanut Spread in P1 as a component for stirfry sauces, I couldn't stand it by itself (or most of the other WF items, I doctor them all). Now in Phase 4 I actually 'cut' regular PB with the WF Chocolate PB and it tastes fantastic, but I only like it with regular PB. The pancake syrup is really the only WF product I actually like by itself.

CONGRATS FISHETTE! That is awesome!

I agree, patience. I have now been on this journey for 50 weeks. My losses have been slow all long, but they add up and I can see goal on the horizon. Slow can be discouraging, but the rewards of hanging in there and staying focused and staying OP are definitely worth it.

WOW Molly - only 19lb until you hit goal - you are an IP hero. Your losses have definitely added up, into The Century Club and then some.

WHOOSH!!!!

No time to read the posts today but will later. Went to my WI today which has been almost 2 weeks with doing phase 2. Lost 3.4 more lbs and that's with doing the 30 day shred the past week which I gained on before. So I am 6 lbs below my goal and starting phase 3 tomorrow! I did lots of homework and made some menus on the phase 3 spreadsheet which really helps. I'm ready!

Yeah! Enjoy the Phase 3 breakfasts - you are going to be stuffed. I just made a weeks batch of cheesecake and pumpkin pie for myself. I like to have it ready to eat in the morning.

IPdivajen
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Hey KitKat - today I'm wearing the same sweater that you have in your last picture! hehehe. Looks great on you!

Shedit
01-07-2013, 03:04 PM

Congratulations Beck...you look amazing and have much to be proud of!:carrot:

4Mom
01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I might need to get my Mothers ring sized, it is one of my greatest treasures since my Mother passed away in 2001 and today while drying my hands after going to the restroom my ring fell off, after a brief panic attack I found it, but don't want to take a chance and lose it I would be devistated.

lisa32989
01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Now I see that you have gotten LOTS of replies. I had a day early-on that I ate way more than 2. Then I did the proverbial kick in the pants and have been 100% since. Binge behavior is how I got here & it isn't how I'm leaving!

For anyone weighing daily: Only do it if you can be a non-biased observer. If it gets you all stressed. STOP! If you are a person who watches trends and is able to see normal fluctuations without stressing yourself out then keep doing it, otherwise follow protocol and weigh once/week. As "they" say (whoever they are): a watched pot never boils.

The plan works. Trust it. Due to vacation, I haven't weighed since 12/24 on a consistent scale. I have no idea how much I weigh today. And, in the big scheme of where I was and where I'm heading, it doesn't really matter. What matters its that I'm sticking to the plan. I can wait til Thursday (with the Jeopardy theme playing in my head).

I have a new wii fit. Thurs am I'll weigh on that before I go to the clinic, so I can know how close the 2 scales are. Then, I guess if I'm using wii fit, I'll be weighing daily (or ignoring the weigh-in!)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Anyone that uses myfitnesspal:

I know when we're on IP we don't need to count calories/carbs/fat, etc. but I'm curious. I've been filling out the diary everyday...how do you know how many carbs you've had total? I only see calories.

Thanks!

lisa32989
01-07-2013, 03:49 PM

I know when we're on IP we don't need to count calories/carbs/fat, etc. but I'm curious. I've been filling out the diary everyday...how do you know how many carbs you've had total? I only see calories.

Thanks!
I use the iPad app & it shows me different things than the computer does, which shows different things than the iPhone app does.

The iPad app shows me a pie chart with carbs/cals/fat. I only look at the %
I set up the computer to show me Calories, Fat, Protein, Carbs, Fiber (so I could easily subtract fiber from total carbs)
But remember: This isn't supposed to be a lot of work! I really just use it for daily tracking, not for counting anything. The protocol does that for us. The settings can be adjusted on the computer (but I don't remember how I did it...I'd have to play with it again to tell anyone how)

IP is approx 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs but these are rough numbers.

FutureFitChick
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi, Everyone.

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding the loss of my pup. Your support means a lot to me. The poem A1Texan posted was really sweet and I shared it with DH.

I am posting right now to take my mid off of the 2nd restricted item that I have been thinking about for the last 1/2 hour. I don't need it. I am stressed from work and still emotional (and worn out) from this weekend. It is really difficult for me to focus on work right now, which is incredibly frustrating. Oh well! I will make it through.

4Mom, that is a fun sign. It makes me smile and annoys me when my rings keep flopping over so the stones are palm side.

LizRR, sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I am glad you were well enough to get that run in this morning.

MrsKuby, hope you can blow past that "stuck" scale onto lower numbers. I get so discouraged around my TOM for the same reason.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
I use the iPad app & it shows me different things than the computer does, which shows different things than the iPhone app does.

The iPad app shows me a pie chart with carbs/cals/fat. I only look at the %
I set up the computer to show me Calories, Fat, Protein, Carbs, Fiber (so I could easily subtract fiber from total carbs)
But remember: This isn't supposed to be a lot of work! I really just use it for daily tracking, not for counting anything. The protocol does that for us. The settings can be adjusted on the computer (but I don't remember how I did it...I'd have to play with it again to tell anyone how)

IP is approx 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs but these are rough numbers.

Thanks Lisa. I'm just curious...I'll play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Nevermind! I had never logged onto myfitnesspal on a computer, only on my iPhone.

Totally different layout than the app!

Sammie12
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Good afternoon everyone, Wow great wi's today.
I'm also a daily scale checker. I just like to know where I stand during the week.

scorbett1103
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM

They are Walden Farms brand peanut spread products, you can find them online and at some grocery stores.

[B]Just got back from PT. 5 minutes on a bike!!! wow!!! very slow ride but still progress. Everyone went back to school or work today and I am so BORED being home alone but healing takes time. I want to be back to normal by spring. Enjoy your day everyone!

Nice job Maezy!!!

Holy COW woman! You are a rockstar!

There have been a few threads about this in the past. It is common to experience hair loss with rapid fat loss, I believe it is because the release of hormones from fat cells causes the hair follicles to go "dormant". It DOES grow back after you have been off the weight loss phase for a while. You can take a Biotin supplement (I get mine at Walgreens) that may help keep the hair loss to a minimum.

Have decided I'm going to go the alternative route starting next week. My coach is fine, but I get so much more valuable info and support here. You guys know way more than he does!! I've been on IP long enough that I've established a very comfortable routine. I know what I can and can't eat, where to get the alternative products, what my goals are, and how to deal with risky/tempting situations. And I know I have the will power and motivation to do this without an official coach.

Welcome to the Rogue's gallery! :)

Way to go Beck!!!!!

Awesome WI's today - it definitely keeps me motivated to see everyone rockin the program :) Wyo and mrskurby - don't get discouraged by the scale. The program WORKS. You will have weeks of high losses, weeks of low losses, and weeks of no losses. You may see inches gone but no pounds, or vice versa. Just TRUST THE PROGRAM. It really does work :) Don't waste your time stressing about what the scale says if you're sticking to the plan - worry about all the shopping you're going to have to do as you shrink :)

New Englander
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM
They are Walden Farms brand peanut spread products, you can find them online and at some grocery stores.

Nice job Maezy!!!

Holy COW woman! You are a rockstar!

There have been a few threads about this in the past. It is common to experience hair loss with rapid fat loss, I believe it is because the release of hormones from fat cells causes the hair follicles to go "dormant". It DOES grow back after you have been off the weight loss phase for a while. You can take a Biotin supplement (I get mine at Walgreens) that may help keep the hair loss to a minimum.

Welcome to the Rogue's gallery! :)

Way to go Beck!!!!!

Awesome WI's today - it definitely keeps me motivated to see everyone rockin the program :) Wyo and mrskurby - don't get discouraged by the scale. The program WORKS. You will have weeks of high losses, weeks of low losses, and weeks of no losses. You may see inches gone but no pounds, or vice versa. Just TRUST THE PROGRAM. It really does work :) Don't waste your time stressing about what the scale says if you're sticking to the plan - worry about all the shopping you're going to have to do as you shrink :)

Hi, how do you respond to everyone like you do? I mean the way you include everyone's quotes??? I can't do it, so I tend to keep my responses short! Lol

Ty, Maggie :dizzy:

scorbett1103
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi, how do you respond to everyone like you do? I mean the way you include everyone's quotes??? I can't do it, so I tend to keep my responses short! Lol

Ty, Maggie :dizzy:

LOL :)

In the bottom of the post next to "Quote" is a button with quotation marks on it. If you click that for posts you want to quote in your response, it will turn red. Once you have done that for all the posts you want quoted, click "Post reply" at the bottom-left of the forum page. It will load the quoted posts for you :)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Awkward moment at work today:

A patient came up to me and told me I looked great. I thanked her and she asked how much I've lost. I said 83 then she said "So how much do you weigh now?"

WHAT?!?! Who says that? I just told her I wasn't comfortable sharing that, but thanked her again for the compliment.

New Englander
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
LOL :)

In the bottom of the post next to "Quote" is a button with quotation marks on it. If you click that for posts you want to quote in your response, it will turn red. Once you have done that for all the posts you want quoted, click "Post reply" at the bottom-left of the forum page. It will load the quoted posts for you :)

AH! I'll have to test it out!!! TY! :)

onmyway1014
01-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I have a strange and kind of gross question.

I know I have read that ketosis makes your teeth feel "furry" and I definitely know how that feels and have been brushing my furry teeth 3+ times a day. I don't have the bad breath or funny taste I think because I drink so much water.

Anyway - today I went for my 6 month dental check up and cleaning and my dental hygenist was a bit alarmed at the amount of tartar build up I had.

Has this happenend to anyone else? I know I am brushing more than before and wonder does anyone know what might cause this?

does ketosis change the PH balance or environment in your mouth making this a problem?

I also was a constant sugar free gum chewer before starting IP and in the past 3 months have only chewed about 12 peices of gum. Could that be it?

I mentioned the Ketogenic diet to the dentist and he said it gives people bad breath but other than that he didn't know anything. I figured I would ask here because it seems like you have answers to EVERYTHING.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Shedit
01-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi, Everyone.

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding the loss of my pup. Your support means a lot to me. The poem A1Texan posted was really sweet and I shared it with DH.

I am posting right now to take my mid off of the 2nd restricted item that I have been thinking about for the last 1/2 hour. I don't need it. I am stressed from work and still emotional (and worn out) from this weekend. It is really difficult for me to focus on work right now, which is incredibly frustrating. Oh well! I will make it through.

In the past I have experienced this also and what I know is this is my way of grieving a significant loss. It does pass and your focus will return. If this is true for you, with time and space you will naturally regain your zest for life. I am sorry that tis part hurts!

Shedit
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM

A patient came up to me and told me I looked great. I thanked her and she asked how much I've lost. I said 83 then she said "So how much do you weigh now?"

WHAT?!?! Who says that? I just told her I wasn't comfortable sharing that, but thanked her again for the compliment.

Who does say that??? Nice response though!

AnnaBoBanna
01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm making taco salad tonight with fresh lime vinaigrette and salsa!!!

That's the good news. The bad news is I ate 3 bars today :-/ I guess it's better than eating a chocolate cake with frosting, or some ice cream.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 06:39 PM

That's the good news. The bad news is I ate 3 bars today :-/ I guess it's better than eating a chocolate cake with frosting, or some ice cream.

Shake it off and finish the day strong!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I have a confession too:

I may, or may not have, just bit the tip of my pinkie finger shoveling kale chips into my mouth!

mompattie
01-07-2013, 06:53 PM

Did you lick the wrappers? :devil: I've been caught doing that! :o

Chloe222
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Good afternoon everyone, Wow great wi's today.
I'm also a daily scale checker. I just like to know where I stand during the week.
I weigh daily but am not at all disturbed when the # is not moving or going in the direction I want. I have an Omron 514 scale which provides body composition info. So while weight reading may not be lower, chances are body fat % or BMI has improved. It's helpful and overall, pretty interesting.

Also, I don't have a coach and thus this was a good investment for me. (Amazon, ~$70)

Sonyasbug
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM

I work in a clinic where I see the same patients fairly regularly. Some each week and some as few as every few months. I have been OP since april 2012 and get asked often how much I've lost. Its a big number but I was a big number before (which I don't share w patients) and then sometimes I feel like they look at me w " aren't you suppose to be skinny" look after losing so much. I've def learned how to get creative with number question... stand tall and be hang in there. Lots of more avkward questions!

A1Texan
01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
I have a confession too:

I may, or may not have, just bit the tip of my pinkie finger shoveling kale chips into my mouth!
Now that is funny :rofl: I'd laugh really harder but I think my "Smooth Move" Tea has kicked in and I just took a shower :)

Beck81
01-07-2013, 07:23 PM

Way to go Fishette. Lets do maintenance together!

Morning, all!

That is awesome, Jen!

I have lost quite a bit of hair but I wouldn't take any of the pounds back. The hair will come back.

You're already a veteran Tex!

Congratulations Beck...you look amazing and have much to be proud of!:carrot:
Aw, thanks!

Thanks Liz also. I have all your phase 3 recipes printed so I plan to use those too. Thanks a bunch!

Great job everyone and hang in there!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I work in a clinic where I see the same patients fairly regularly. Some each week and some as few as every few months. I have been OP since april 2012 and get asked often how much I've lost. Its a big number but I was a big number before (which I don't share w patients) and then sometimes I feel like they look at me w " aren't you suppose to be skinny" look after losing so much. I've def learned how to get creative with number question... stand tall and be hang in there. Lots of more avkward questions!

Thanks, I'm taking it all in stride!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Now that is funny :rofl: I'd laugh really harder but I think my "Smooth Move" Tea has kicked in and I just took a shower :)

Hahaha, you're funny too!

toothgirl
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM

I know I have read that ketosis makes your teeth feel "furry" and I definitely know how that feels and have been brushing my furry teeth 3+ times a day. I don't have the bad breath or funny taste I think because I drink so much water.

Anyway - today I went for my 6 month dental check up and cleaning and my dental hygenist was a bit alarmed at the amount of tartar build up I had.

Has this happenend to anyone else? I know I am brushing more than before and wonder does anyone know what might cause this?

does ketosis change the PH balance or environment in your mouth making this a problem?

I also was a constant sugar free gum chewer before starting IP and in the past 3 months have only chewed about 12 peices of gum. Could that be it?

I mentioned the Ketogenic diet to the dentist and he said it gives people bad breath but other than that he didn't know anything. I figured I would ask here because it seems like you have answers to EVERYTHING.

onmyway, I have been on and off this diet a few times and I have noticed the same thing and I am a dental hygienist. Where I notice the most "build up" is on the back of the front lower teeth (lingual of lower anteriors), which btw, is normally where most patients have some "build up" anyway.
I have never read any scientific literature that would explain why this diet does this but, if anyone has something I would be very interested. As for your hygienist's reaction, I recommend brushing and flossing and if you want to have them cleaned again in 3 months, it wouldn't hurt anything. Maybe you could use that as a reward for a job well done, after IP goal. :D

SDChickie
01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
IPNewbie and A1Tex--you BOTH made me laugh... so much so that my friend wondered if I was going a little crazy.

Hmmmm... maybe I am! I did go for a run outside today in 29° weather... and it felt downright balmy!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

auroragrl
01-07-2013, 08:21 PM

My coach as told me your biggest lost typically comes the day before or day of weigh in. Hang in there - it will happen!

After a six month hiatus I am back to the program!

I phased off for a long vacation last July after three months completely OP. Was almost to goal (wanted to be 21% BF and got down to 25%) but it seemed to make more sense to take a break. I was down to 130lb which is the lightest I've been in years, and was starting to lose steam.

Now, after a good long break and a gain of almost 10lbs, I'm ready to start over and get to that goal!

Obviously I'm nervous that it won't be as easy the second time around, but I gotta try! I just remember being so excited and gung-ho the first time. This time it's kinda like.... eh I don't wanna. BUT in the end it'll be worth it :)

Hope everyone is doing well. It's great to see some familiar faces as I read through the dailies. Glad to hear most everyone is feeling positive, and for those who aren't don't worry - we all have down moments but sooner or later things will start looking up!

I started my reboot last Friday too. It's going great!!

A1Texan
01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
IPNewbie and A1Tex--you BOTH made me laugh... so much so that my friend wondered if I was going a little crazy.

Hmmmm... maybe I am! I did go for a run outside today in 29° weather... and it felt downright balmy!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
So happy to entertain you :) Humor is a great way to relieve stress ;)

rofl306
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM

Yes I had the same tartar problem. I as the hygienist what would help - she said eat more raw carrots and apples. LOL I explained that I was following the IP diet which is attached to the dentist office. She was familiar with the food and said it was the IP products like the oatmeal and bars. She suggested to brush and floss as often as possible right after eating.

MonicaKolesnik
01-07-2013, 08:47 PM

That is absolutely Great Fishette!!!! Be so very proud!!

Vvei that must feel great and be great motivation!! Hope to join you soon!!

byugrl
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM

Awesome !!!! WAYYYYYY TOOOOO GOOOOO !!!

Fishette
01-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for helping me celebrate. I feel like I've had one gynormous hug! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Would anyone know which IP products are lactose free?

I am lactose intolerant but have had no problems with IP or the alternatives. I think it is the lactase (milk sugar) that gets to me, and these products are made from milk protein not milk sugar, so they don't have a negative impact on me.

- I'm down 16lbs since Wednesday!

Totally awesome!

I'm almost panicked that it's just not going to work any more.

I've felt this way often - just look at all my weeks with zero losses. I just thought about the alternative - as someone here once said: being fat is hard, being on a diet is hard, maintaining is hard - choose your hard. Just a trick that has helped many people: go to a steakhouse and eat a juice steak. It generally gets things moving again.

Good work. I think you will like Nashua, I do. Lots of their snacks are unrestricted too. My favorite is the Vanilla protien wafer bar. http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-wafer-bar-vanilla-7-box.html!

That is my absolute favorite. I like to dip it in a little cup of Davinci cherry and davinci chocolate.

Thanks!

If you are on a mobile app, hit the Home button at the bottom left, then the Daily button in the row across the top. At the far right on the colored bar where it says Nutrient Details, make sure you click on the middle button that looks like a list, rather then the pie chart.

You can subtract the fiber count (which is conveniently right below the carbs count) for a quick look at your net carbs. I keep my net carbs to around 30.

If you are on the website. The totals are displayed at the bottom of the screen where you see the diary.

I have a confession too:

ROFL!!!

Did you lick the wrappers? :devil: I've been caught doing that! :o

Or poured all the little crumbs at the bottom of the wafer package into your mouth!

Way to go Fishette. Lets do maintenance together!

Maintenance, here we come!

NinjaNurse
01-07-2013, 11:59 PM
FutureFitChick: I am so so sorry about the loss of your baby. I must have missed the post where you told us all. I hope knowing that he is at peace and no longer suffering will comfort you and your husband. (((Hugs)))

byugrl
01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
FutureFitChick: I am so sorry to hear about your baby I must have missed the post too. It's so hard, I am so sorry. Big hugs to you !

mommyof3girls
01-08-2013, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=usmcvet;4579606]Good work. I think you will like Nashua, I do. Lots of their snacks are unrestricted too. My favorite is the Vanilla protien wafer bar. http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-wafer-bar-vanilla-7-box.html

8 carbs and it is good. Second place is the Chocolate Dream, OMG it might actually be my favorite but it is not quite as filling but it's only 6 carbs. http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-bar-chocolate-dream-7-box.html

Third place are the protien crisps, I like all three but these are my favorite, they have a little heat. Just finished my last one, I have an order inbound. Again 8 carbs.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-chipotle-7-box.html

Thanks for this I will definitely try them.