30-Somethings - 10lbs a month, is it possible?

View Full Version : 10lbs a month, is it possible?

MommyandWife
01-07-2013, 04:00 AM
I am all for not making impossible goals believe me, but I have heard that bigger people tend to lose alot in the first few months. Is it possible to lose 10 lbs in a month? With a healthy lifestyle change of eating right and exercising? Anyone experience it? If so, I would love to hear from you :)

LockItUp
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Is it possible? Yes. I've had several months I've lost 10-12 pounds. Though typically the next month I will lose then only 5-8 pounds. It has all evened out to 2 pounds a week, even though I have had some HUGE weeks and months, I have had some not so hot weeks and months.

Possible goal? Yes. But any loss is great at the end of the month no matter how small!

Radiojane
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
It's possible, but don't kill yourself to make it happen. I started out at nearly 450 pounds, and even with super restrictive measures, most months my losses were about 15, and they've dropped to ten.

2 pounds a week puts you at 8 pounds a month which isn't shabby at all, but maybe all you need is a little extra walking or one less snack to get the extra quarter pound per week. Just make sure you feel good, are eating and moving enough, and don't live and die by the number on the scale.

EagleRiverDee
01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes. It's basically the upper limit for safe, sustainable weight loss. I tend to lose 2-3 lbs a week when I restrict carbs.