Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Question IP Rotini, Potato Puree, & Chicken Patty Recipe Ideas?

I looked through the recipe threads and I didn't see any ideas for these newer products. My coach mentioned making pasta salad and I made a homemade roasted tomato and garlic sauce today but other than that, I'm out. My coach didn't have any ideas for the potato stuff and I haven't tried it yet. I thought of making the roasted red bell pepper sauce but my coach says that all colored peppers (except greem) are not approved anymore because they were causing weight stalls. What ideas have ya'll come up with?

Also, does anyone like the chicken patty? I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks,

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I know your coach suggested pasta salad already and I'm agreeing with her. I've been making one for lunch the past 10 days or so and it's amazing!

I mix the rotini with chopped cucumber, fresh baby spinach leaves and Walden Farms Italian Dressing and it's sooo good!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

The rotini is my new favorite and I still LOVE the potato puree! I usually use the potato puree as soup and add mashed cauliflower to it along with cheddar Kernal Seasonings and green onions on top. YUM.

As for the chicken patty, meh. I have only tried it once so maybe I haven't given it a real chance. I know that there are people who love them. I probably messed it up somehow....
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #4  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

The potato purée makes a good pancake. Add some shredded zucchini or cauliflower, an egg, a bit of water, and a little baking soda, if I remember correctly.

This tastes a bit like a real potato pancake!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #5  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

I make chowder from the potato purée (when I'm not using it for English muffins!). For chowder I cook up 1.5 c leeks, 1/2 c chopped celery, 1 tsp onion flakes and salt and pepper. I use the potato purée like a soup base and add 6 oz of water, add the cooked veggies, add either 3 oz of canned clams or left over salmon and micro for 2.5 minutes (stirring occasionally). It's hearty, yummy and looks fantastic!
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
The potato purée makes a good pancake. Add some shredded zucchini or cauliflower, an egg, a bit of water, and a little baking soda, if I remember correctly.

This tastes a bit like a real potato pancake!
I need to try this! You are doing so great Lizzy!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #7  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I also use the potato puree to make a clam chowder with extra water, celery, green onions, and other seasonings.

I have been using the rotini to make a chicken pesto dish with veggies (zucchini and bean sprouts usually). For the pesto, I just throw some basil, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and a small amount of white onion into a food processor. It makes quit a bit (store extra in fridge). I cook everything else up, toss it together then just mix in a couple spoonfulls of the pesto before eating.

It's too bad your coach says no peppers other than green. I can't stand green peppers and only eat all the other colors (no stalls for me yet).

Last edited by Tziri; 01-06-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

I haven't tried the chicken patty yet. I tried the soy patty (thought they were the same) it was pretty horrible in my opinion, very salty!

Will definitely need to try the chowder recipes!
mquinn106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

All great ideas!

Thanks, ladies!
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #10  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I've mentioned this before but I love to add some spice to the chicken patties, and then put that into a large mushroom top and broil or BBQ them. The patties fall apart anyway, so I use it wherever I'd use a meat crumble -- even to add to salad or to sauces. I've never been successful in making it into a patty but I do love me a stuffed mushroom. MMmmm!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

I marinate shrimp with the zest and juice of one lemon, some pepper flakes and chopped garlic for a while. I then quickly sear the shrimp in a pan, reduce the marinade and mix everything with the pasta. I usually add some fresh herbs and a little bit of shredded parmesan.

I also sometimes chop up herbs (cilantro or basil) with water and a little bit of olive oil (your fat allowance), garlic, pepper, salt and a pinch of parmesan to make a pesto. I serve the pasta with some grilled chicken or grilled vegetables.

Pasta with a mushroom sauce using a combination of fresh sauteed mushrooms, garlic and herbs.

Or I cook down diced peppers (I used yellow previously, but maybe now it's only green) in a bit of broth, a tiny bit of white wine (may leave out) and spiced with pepper, saffron, anise seeds and perhaps some parsley. Combine that with the pasta.

I have not tried the potato puree, but maybe add some roasted garlic, nutmeg, and chopped fresh herbs (e.g. thyme, cilantro or rosemary). It may also taste well with a couple of drops of truffle oil. Maybe combine with a poached egg, fried egg (both go great with the truffle oil) or some of the meat allowance.

I am not sure whether ricotta cheese is allowed in phase I. Maybe one could make some kind of gnocchi or dumpling by adding an egg yolk and various herbs or some lemon zest.

Last edited by Lolo70; 01-06-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #12  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

If you add some spice before cooking the chicken patty it's not bad. Good on a salad!

My husband loves the pasta with some tomato/garlic sauce and cooked Zucchini in it.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #13  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I use the potato purée to make a veggie wrap. Mix the packet with about 75ml water. Spread it thin in the pan like a tortilla and cook a couple minutes on either side. Use it to wrap spinach, sliced cucumbers, thinly sliced peppers, onions, etc as you like. Roll up and eat immediately or you can Saran wrap it for a later lunch.

I have eaten all colors of peppers and very frequently but still loss 97.5lbs in less than a year (with a phase out for vacation). My sheet and my coach allows them.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #14  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Is the rotini non-restricted...I had a friend grab a pack for me last night (I have enough packets until next Monday) and a single packet does not have the nutritional values.

I thought I had heard it was NR, but wanted to confirm it.

Thanks, happy IP day everyone
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

I take the chicken patty and add green onion, chopped roasted peppers and old bay seasoning. It's an IP spin on a crab cake--I like it on a salad.
Debrasb is offline   Reply With Quote