Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers~January, '13

ronni62
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM
:)Welcome Friends :)
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

ronni62
01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi! I started the new January thread....hoping everyone's having a great weekend!

We went to Mom's for dinner today. She made us baked fish, baked potatoes, veggies, and her specialty chocolate pie for the guys and our wheat- & dairy-free pumpkin pie for her and me. It was soooo good and had a nice time getting to visit for a while.

Not much else going on-we're flipping back and forth between the Cincinnati/Houston game (go Bengals!) and American Pickers. But, will be watching the Minnesota/Green Bay game in a bit ---GOOOO Vikings!

Have a nice evening! Praying for all!:hug:

Bootsie
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Ronni thanks for starting the thread. 2013 gee when I was 20 that looked so far away...
Went to a small seminar today for women planning their future in wills etc.. it was the first and it was good sound advice gives you a lot to think about.

ronni62
01-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Bootsie-yeah...I remember, when we were little, my sister and I figuring out how old we'd be in 2000--38 & 36 and now it's 13 years later!! Boy, do I feel old-lol! That seminar sounds good-we probably need to do do some of that kind of planning, too!

Rintin
01-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting to this thread and I am excited to start. Little background I normally do ok with eating and exercise even each other out but I have settled into my marriage, new job and area I am finding weight add up and worse my eating habits are not heathly at all. I can consume 4,000 a day which i know is way too much, even on weekends. I know what my true motivation for weight loss and better eatting should be but find it difficult to focus on God when a cheeseburger fries and a glass of wine are on the table for a Saturday night. I hope I can join in you mutual support and grow in my faith and strength :) looking forward to it!!

EZMONEY
01-06-2013, 08:13 PM
During a nice visit from my friend Russell yesterday, we agreed that freedom of religion in the United States, not only is a wonderful opportunity but also our greatest blessing from God, as far as rights for citizens of The United States.

On this 2nd Sunday after chemo our Lord blessed me with just enough "health" to attend Faith Lutheran today. Despite stomach and back aches it was wonderful spending the morning in church, on my 17th anniversary with my wife Angie, and other loved ones GRANDdaughter2, Amanda, The Kidnapper, Brenda Elaine, Sue.

Several of my Prayer Warriors were in attendance also....I am blessed!

bargoo
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Welcome, Rintin you have found a great group of Christian Encouragers and Prayer Warriors always ready to cheer you on and pray for you as well.

ronni62
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Rintin-Welcome! Hope you like it here! 3fc is a great support tool and I think this group is the best on here;)

Gary-Glad to hear you could get to church. And, Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!

Not much going on here today. Finally working on putting away Christmas decorations. DS3 has a long day in town with his classes and PT. DS2 is sick, so it's pretty quiet here today. DS2 is supposed to go back to his college today, but he has no classes tomorrow, so he's going to stay another night and get started on antibiotics-doc thinks it's bronchitis.

I was reading more about calorie cycling and think I'll start that to mix it up a bit. I already have up and down days, so I might as well try to use it to my advantage:)

Well, need to get back to the packing up-2 rooms done, 2 more to do, plus the tree......

Have a great day, everyone!

Rintin
01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes :)
Ezmoney-what a blessing to be able to make it to church! I hope the word spoke to you and was just what you needed to hear.
Ronni-sounds like your moving? I.ve been there a few times. Hope it goes well.
Bargo - thanks agin for the welcome!!

Good day today a little hungry and praying for strength not to snack and for my work road trip the next couple days. Those are usually food and stress filled. Hope I can check in with you all again soon.

Bootsie
01-08-2013, 02:40 AM
:congrat:Gary WOO-HOO from Texas!

:)Rintin :welcome3: hope you enjoy it here ! I pop in and out, but I always come back.

I am back in the outlook ministry but the ministry site is down, some hackers hit it so we can not meet. That is a bummer but praying for it.

bargoo
01-08-2013, 07:31 AM
rosebud, I hope you are able to lurk and know that I am still lifting you up in prayer.. How are you feeling ? I hope everyday sees improvement. Have you been able to weigh yourself ? I suspect your origional goal weight included that 100 pound tumor , that , of course , you didn't know was causing much of your overweight.It would be interesting to see if you need to gain weight to get to goal. I think that might be a possibility.
God Bless You.

Bootsie
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Praying still Rosebud for good results on your test being done on the tumor .

Our Father is bringing rain to Texas and yeah they got orange headed toward us! Sure hope our dry holes get filled up and oats start growing for the sheep!
There will be many Texans dancing in the rain the next few days and I will be one and I don't dance!

:carrot::cb::dancer::dancer::rain::rain::rain:: ::broc::cheer::rofl::rofl::broc::swim:;) Go Father Go let it pour!:):cheer3::cheer2:

ronni62
01-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Rintin-Oh, we wish we were moving, but, unfortunately, that is not the case. I'm just packing up Christmas decos-it takes me forever, partly because I really like to decorate the house (but I've pared it down considerably this year) and partly because I get fatigued very quickly. Today, I'm moving at the speed of a slug.....

Missing some of our usual members here-hope that Rosebud and Gary are doing well! Praying for good test results and healing and energy!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bootsie
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Stayed up to 2 this morning listening to the rain, what a beautiful sound, also got a leak sitting in chair and felt something wet hitting my foot looked up and big wet spot. Just got all the leaks fixed.....hmmmm. missed one... thats alright rain on rain on! thank you our Father.

ronni62
01-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Praise God, Bootsie! Hope it's still raining! When we heard about rain in Texas this morning, you're the first person I thought of:)

crysann77
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi. My name is Crystal. Mom of 4 in Texas, where I homeschool. I've been married for 17 years. My kids are dd 14, dd 11, ds 10, dd (almost)8.
I've struggled with weight ever since becoming an adult and with each kid. I've gained, and lost, gained and lost. My highest was 215 many years ago. Now I linger around 200 but am only 5'3". So needless to say, that's not good enough.
I really need some structure and will power. I use to have that easy enough, but not now. With school and my kids extras, I just find it difficult. I do much better on my own, though, not following any plan. I like to elliptical and use some hand weights. I love sweets, so my only diet structure is just being smart...not eating too much of anything, but enjoying what I like. I love to bake and have my kids in the kitchen too.
I have very strong faith in My God. I've been a Christian my whole life, but my relationship with God has strengthened since becoming a mom. My faith is what keeps me home with my kids, keeps me from having too big of a friend circle. My faith and beliefs are me and I find it hard for others to understand me...in this world we live in.
I hope to find some friendships and some folks to help me along my way with daily conversation and advice.
Hope that's enough about me.
P.S. It has rained for 2 straight days...love the rain, but glad for it to come to an end.

bargoo
01-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Crystal. welcome ! This is a great place to find Christian friends, even though we never meet face to face, we care about each other and are always ready to pray for any prayer request.

ronni62
01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Crystal-:welcome2: Glad you've found us! We love new members! I also homeschool-just one now, a son, 16, who's a junior. Our middle son is a junior in college now, and our oldest one is married with 4 kids.

Hi to everyone else too! Finally, I get to start PT today--I am sooooo hoping they can find a way to relieve this pain! So, must start getting ready to face the world. Hope you all have a great day! God bless!

pattygirl63
01-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Praying still Rosebud for good results on your test being done on the tumor .

Our Father is bringing rain to Texas and yeah they got orange headed toward us! Sure hope our dry holes get filled up and oats start growing for the sheep!
There will be many Texans dancing in the rain the next few days and I will be one and I don't dance!

:carrot::cb::dancer::dancer::rain::rain::rain:: ::broc::cheer::rofl::rofl::broc::swim:;) Go Father Go let it pour!:):cheer3::cheer2:

GREAT news Bootsie!! I was hoping you were getting that rain. Praise God for it. I talked to my Daddy the other day in Waco and he said the problem had been that y'all got lots of rain the 1st part of the rain, but none later in the year. So while we praise and thank the Lord for sending the rain now, we are also praying that the Lord blesses y'all with it spread out over the year as needed.

Rintin
01-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Crystal-welcome to the board!! Sounds like you have a lot going on but something's that have worked in the past. I find I am actually going back to what has worked before. It's hard to admit I canT find success in The new way I tried but good to face.

Ronni- had did the PT go? I hope they are able to come up with a good routine for you!

ronni62
01-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Rintin-the PT went well. In fact, when she did the traction on my neck, the pain was gone and stayed away for a couple hours after. She said I can use our home traction thing every day if it's helping. I know it's going to be a long slow process and I may still end up needing the surgery sometime down the road, but I'm really hopeful that they can free up these neck muscles to make the vertebrae slide again like they're supposed to. Thanks for asking:)

Rosebud-just wanted to say HI, in case you're getting the chance to read here. Praying for healing and good results for you. Miss you!

ieduc8em
01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi! I am new to the group! I have started a new weight loss plan and need the prayers and encouragement from other Christians. I know that I cannot do this without the help of God. I pray everyday that he gives me the strength to get through each day. I know that I can do this with the help of other Christians! I am a long time believer and am active in my church. I have three children. Our oldest daughter is married with a sweet 1 year old and another one on the way! Yay! My middle child, a son, just got married in November, and our youngest daughter is a freshman in college! All three healthy and happy! I teach 5th grade and love the people I work with and my students!

Thanks in advance for your prayers and support! I'm excited to be part of this group!

bargoo
01-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Welcome, iedu8em. You can do this !

ieduc8em
01-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks bargoo! Wow! You have done great! Congrats on your success! I am very excited to have found this site and getting to know everyone!

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-12-2013, 03:01 PM
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS, EVERYONE ~ finally came into read today as my head is finally clearing (had like in a brain fog for a week there). I picked up a nasty flu in the hospital -- one of the worst I've had in years. Everyone here had it and we are all finally on the mend. Had to stay in bed as I couldn't even keep food down, so was very weak. This week, I am finally able to keep food down and making up for lost time.

BARGOO ~ Don't have any scales here so haven't weighed myself yet, but I sure look different. I have much more flexibility and baggier clothes. When I am stronger, we'll get to go shopping. The doctors want me to gain some weight as I lost a lot before the surgery. I still need to build up my lung strength as I tire easily still. Minor tasks takes major exursion making me feel exhausted. I know I have to take it easy and not rush things.

:welcome: to all the NEWBIES ~ So nice to have you all join us here!!!

Glad for all the rain for TEXAS. WE had some rain too and now have green grass everywhere -- well, at least until next week. ;) My family is taking great care of us here. DH's loves it here and it is a beautiful place to recover.

Am continuning prayers for you and yours ... :hug:

bargoo
01-12-2013, 04:55 PM
rosebud, so glad to hear from you. So sorry you have had the flu, trying to recover from surgery and flu at the same time is tough I am sure. Did they weigh you at the hospital or doctor's office, if so ask them what you weigh. Doctor must know since he thinks you should gain. Does neighboor have a scale that you can borrow ? So glad to hear DH seems to be in a good place right now. He may think of this as a new home.
Still keeping you in prayer for a quick recovery from surgery and no revisits from the flu.

EZMONEY
01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
:-)

Grace73
01-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Hello Everyone..
I am new to posting to the Faith site..
I believe wtihout God I will get no where. He is always withme..
So its time I start working off some of this weight with some Christian friends..
Cant wait to chat with everyone.

bargoo
01-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Welcome, Grace. This a great support group and ready to pray for any need you might have.

pattygirl63
01-13-2013, 03:05 PM
A quick check in.

Rosebud So good to hear from you. Sorry about you havig the flu but so glad you are getting over it. Good to hear that DH is enjoying himself. Prayers continue for you.

Thanks everyone for praying for us. DH had his 1st cortisoe injection this past Monday. Can't tell that it has helped, but then I understand it can take 2 or 3 before you see any improvemet. I really must trust the Lord with this as I know nothing about it.

Tony's DD passed her state board test ad is now an LPN. They are now getting ready to move. Interesting observation this moring at church. We had the celebration/dedication service of our new church home. It is a brand new building which has take over a year or so to build. DD and her DS came i the new sanctuary with cups of coffee. DGS came in and told his DM that they were not allowed to drink coffee in the sanctuary and he took his out to throw it away. His mother would not let him have hers. She set through the service drinking her coffee. I the realized what we had bee dealig with for these past 18 months. Total lack of respect for others peoples wishes, property or authority. If nothing else, I think DH and I have had to see this. DH's DIL had told me something about DD that I did't believe. I'm one who listens and then observes not believig everything I hear. I always want to see for myself. Well, I now realize that the DIL just may have bee telling me the truth.

What I've learned through all of this is what Job must have felt with his "friends" and the God said "Pray for them". That is where I am with them. I am praying for God to forgive them for lieing and manipulating us to get to move in with us and using us and almost breaking us financially and tearing up my home. I have had to do like Job did and forgive them, pray for them to be blessed and let it go. I am thoroughly convinced that is how we must treat the whole situation and trust everything to God.

Thank you gor prayig for us.

Prayers continue for each of y'all.

Grace73
01-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Trish You been busy!!!
Hope the Cortisoe shot helps some...
New church location how exciting!! i hope your new location will be blessed with many happy days!!

Sometimes when we dont understand something. I figure maybe its not for me to understand.. and in that case I pray on it!!! God always knows the right thing to do... ( Good luck)

Will pray for you!
Have A Wonderful Week

Rintin
01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi all! I might be asking a question that's been asked again and again but I am new so if it been talked about a ton before...sorry! Anyone else sometimes struggle with their true motivation for weight loss? I know we honor God by treating our bodies with respect and using for his good but anyone else get caught in vanity sometimes? Wanting to look good for an event, new dress, significant other? Does this moviation get you off track taking your eyes off God? Is it 'bad' to have these motivations too? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

ieduc8em
01-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi all! I had a hard time today! I do not know why! I really wanted to throw in the towel today. I really wanted to go to Steak and Shake and eat! It was very hard to fight it, but I did! The feeling is still lingering...why am I doing this. Rintin, your post speaks to me. I need to remember that I need to honor God. I am human though and I not only want to lose the weight because I know it would honor God, I also want to be healthy and look good out in the world. You ask a good question.

pattygirl63
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi all! I might be asking a question that's been asked again and again but I am new so if it been talked about a ton before...sorry! Anyone else sometimes struggle with their true motivation for weight loss? I know we honor God by treating our bodies with respect and using for his good but anyone else get caught in vanity sometimes? Wanting to look good for an event, new dress, significant other? Does this moviation get you off track taking your eyes off God? Is it 'bad' to have these motivations too? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

Yes, I've had that before and it helped me lose weight however, it did not help me keep it off.

pattygirl63
01-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi all! I had a hard time today! I do not know why! I really wanted to throw in the towel today. I really wanted to go to Steak and Shake and eat! It was very hard to fight it, but I did! The feeling is still lingering...why am I doing this. Rintin, your post speaks to me. I need to remember that I need to honor God. I am human though and I not only want to lose the weight because I know it would honor God, I also want to be healthy and look good out in the world. You ask a good question.

I think we all feel that way from time to time. I know that I do.

Rintin
01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks Pattygirl!
Ieduc8em- thanks! I have those days too, like there is a magnetic orce between me the food store and pizza and ice cream. I am trying to clean or go or walks when that happens. Do you have any go to distractions methods. Hope you are doing better now :)

ieduc8em
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I did have a better day today! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I know I will have days like yesterday. I just have to find a way to cope. This plan is new and I will have other days like yesterday...but I will get through them! Thanks!

ronni62
01-15-2013, 09:07 AM

I think any motivation to get healthier is ok, but I know in my case, motivations other than being in God's Will are harder to maintain. When things have happened, like when my dad died, the motivation to look better didn't matter and I managed to gain back quite a bit of what I had lost. In the long run, we need to learn to rely on God for ALL our needs-support for our weight loss and being healthier, emotional support when faced with sadness and other trying times.

We all have days we want to chuck it all and dive into the biggest Whopper we've ever seen! One way I handle it is to have items already chosen at all the places we frequent that are 'safe' for me to eat, whether that's safe by calorie count or my food allergy issues. Having something that you know you can 'cheat' with and it's not that bad a cheat makes those times of 'cravings' easier to handle. But, the important part is to plan ahead-know in advance what you can have when you decide to go to Steak & Shake. Most of us don't have to give up everything to lose weight and be healthy-we just need to learn how to use foods in moderation and plan ahead.

Thanks Pattygirl!
Ieduc8em- thanks! I have those days too, like there is a magnetic orce between me the food store and pizza and ice cream. I am trying to clean or go or walks when that happens. Do you have any go to distractions methods. Hope you are doing better now :)

Distractions are good! I also clean house or find something to take my mind off food. I've learned to drink a big glass of water when I think I'm hungry, because I've learned that many times when we think we're hungry, we're actually becoming dehydrated. Another thing I do is get on here or facebook and connect with people. It's too easy for me to eat when I'm feeling 'alone' so I'm learning to use the connections that I have.

ronni62
01-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Forgot to say 'WELCOME' to our newbies! Glad you're here!

Today is a home day-thank goodness! No PT for me or groceries or anything else in town:D so I can stay here and try to catch up with housework. DS3 has a couple classes and his PT, so it will be a quiet day for much of the day. Might put a roast and veggies in the crock pot for supper-yummmm!

Still trying to catch up with the cleaning from putting Christmas decos away. Seems like it takes me forever to get anything done! Since our dining room is a walk-through room, everyone just drops stuff there and it piles up and up and up! But, at least I got them trained not to just drop the stuff on the kitchen counters:nono::lol: The kitchen is pretty small and very little counter space, so I need all the space for cooking, not paperwork, football gear, soccer gear, etc, etc.....

Anyway, must get to it, I guess. Have a blessed day, everyone! :grouphug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Ladies ~ I think it is perfectly normal want to look presentable in public, but also comfort is important too. My main motivation is for GOOD HEALTH and that has kept me grounded as I re-learned how to manage my emotions and food. The LORD has helped me be aware, and find ways to deal with emotions and problems WITHOUT FOOD. It does take some practice but can be done successfully.

I also make sure to have food in the house we love -- we have burgers occasionally, or pizza occasionally, or baked wings, or whatever, etc. I have mine with a salad. I think when we deprive ourselves of everything we like or love that we set ourselves up for sabotage. Pick your family favorites and just make them healthier. Incorporate them into your regular menu and you will find the journery a lot easier, IMHO.

RONNI ~ your tips are great; and your roast dinner does sounds yummy. That is a healthy meal that tastes fantastic -- what family wouldn' t love that? You can make a whole week's menu around your family favorites; and once a week have something extra special like 2 slices of pizza with a salad first.

When you make a mistake -- just learn from it and keep on going. :hug:

Syckgirlsfv
01-15-2013, 04:43 PM
hi all - I've been posting on the other threads for a couple months now but found my way over to this one finally! I'm a Christian and am excited to have others that love Christ to talk with and be motivated by!

I do enjoy the other threads, but on one occasion somebody was down and out and looking for comfort and I gave her a bible verse I like (Matthew 6:34), and she then informed me very politely that she was an atheist! since then I have refrained from using verses, but love the fact that in here, I can! :carrot:

Bootsie
01-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi Syckgirlsfv,:welcome: We would love to have you here. This is a great group know you will love them I do! :hug:
Rosebud it is a blessing to see you back ,:carrot: I been tending to my 30 pound cat who has had a flu like virus and he lost 5 pounds. He has never been sick in his life. Doctor says need for him to loose 10 more pounds to be healthy. We got 2.5 inches of rain! It sleeted during the last two nights and it is so cold , I just don't know how you all up north survive the cold weather! Bless your hearts!

Hi Gary Hope your doing better!

ronni62
01-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Welcome, Syckgirlsfv! Glad to have you here!

Bootsie-sleet in Texas!!! While we still haven't had much snow at all this year or last....I'm not complaining, though, because I miss my Southern Indiana winters where the snow came and went within a couple days! I hope your kitty feels better quickly.

Rosebud-so glad to hear you're doing better! And, you always have such good insight on this whole weight & God issue. Keep getting better and stronger, lady:hug:

Prayers for Gary, Bargoo, and everyone else. God will supply all our needs, according to His riches in glory, as the song goes!

Another town day today, for PT and a haircut (finally!). I'm thinking about going really short again, as my grays around my ears are starting to fuzz out like an old man's and I can't seem to control it at all. It's funny that my normal hair is straight as a ruler and baby-fine, though very thick, and all the gray is coarse and wavy....and, right now, they just aren't blending well at all:fr: I'm still hoping for my grandma's beautiful white/gray wavy hair.....

Everyone have a great day:grouphug:

pattygirl63
01-17-2013, 12:28 AM
We had our follow up visit with orthopedic doc to see what to do next since DH cortisone injection he had last week. He says if there is no imrovement from the 1st shot a second one won't help because the ressure is on the nerve and he recommended surgery. We are waiting for a phone call to meet the surgeron which the doctor highly recommends to set up the time to do it. We are praying for a quick successful surgery without any complications and a good recovery. I think this knowledge has given DH such peace of mine that he is going to be okay that his DD and I both have seen a really big change in him. It is like he has ome alive again. He is using his arm more even though it hurts because the doc checked the motion of his arm and he assured him that he has no shoulder damage or lock/freeze... everything is caused from his neck.

Syckgirlsfv :welcome3: This is a really great group. I think you will love it here.

Rosebud So good to see you back here with us. Prayers continue for your recovery.

Gary I pray you are doing well. I thought of you Sunday. We had a dedication servie for our new church building. One of our trustees has been battling cancer for years. There have been times we weren't sure the Lord was going to let us keep him although I remind the Lord many times that not only do we need him but the Lord needs him to stay here. He heads up our Monday night weekly prayer ministry and DH and I head up the online prayer ministry. I actually cried Sunday as he stood on stage and prayed for our church and what God wants us to do in our city. He is such a blessig to all of us. When he found out what is going on with Tony he said, "If you need me for anything you call me." Amazing. He is still fighting his battle and he is such a blessing to all of us at church. To see him at church made me feel like I was seeing a walking miracle. I know you are so blessed when you get to go to church, but you have no idea who you are blessing when you are there. I can tell from the way you have blessed us on this thread and the love we all have for you that you are loved the same way by your church family. Thank you for being such a blessing to all of us here. Prayers continue for your recovery.

Syckgirlsfv
01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Morning all! Thank you for the welcome! My scale hasn't budged since the holidays, but at least it hasn't gone up! Holding fast at 166, and need to drop at least 6 by Valentine's day! (well, it would be nice)

OH! I got my admission acceptance from Cal State Los Angeles today...WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! :carrot: Starting this fall to get my BS in accounting; hope I don't stand out too much among the young ones there :dizzy: (I'm 42, but at least I'm doing this!) I got my AA this past fall and with all the budget cuts I'm super excited to be in at CSULA! God is SO good!!! ALL THE TIME :D

On another note, I'm new in this forum and so nobody really knows anything about me, but I'm a member of the most AMAZING, bible-based, non-denominational church, and I was baptized in the holy spirit last July 8th. I'm now in charge of having everything ready in our baptismal for the girls and ladies (robes, towels, face cloths...and helping them get ready for it in general) and I'm SO happy to report that last Sunday we had 5 girls and one guy baptized! What a great day!

I had best get myself back to work...everyone have a blessed day!:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
SY-GIRL -- Congratulations on being accepted in the Accounting course; don`t worry about your age -- lots of people go back to college or university later on in life (I went back a second time in my late twenties). No-one bats an eye at mature students these days. Im glad you found a good church home and that the LORD is using you to do such a good work there as well. :D

THANKS for all your prayers and encouragement, friends -- it has encouraged me all the way through this amazing back2good health journey. What a whirlwind it has been, but each moment I thank GOD for this day -- for the wonderful doctors and medical workers that took such good care of me. I can really see GODs hand in so much of this -- way ahead of time ...

From my sister and BIL being available to help us (both off work at the same time); to my brother being available to help as well (hes a great cook and entertaining conversationalist -- full of a wealth of information). So many blessings and so much generosity. Such good care for both DH and myself.

My SIL has been taking care of our home for us too; and that is very helpful as well. I pray that GOD will bless them ALL mightily for their endless kindnesses, which continue today. :D

One day at a time, I will heal and get better; plus I am seeing so many improvements along the way. PRAYERS continue for you and yours ... :hug:

ronni62
01-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Rosebud-you are very blessed with family that cares enough to help during times like this! Praying for your continued healing:hug:

Hello to everyone! We had a productive weekend even though it's gotten bitterly cold and windy. Rented a carpet shampooer and cleaned the dining, living, and office rooms, which is most of our main floor. It looks much better and now I'm going to do some REAL cleaning out and getting rid of extra stuff! Might even try listing items on ebay. DH got a line on a new job, which would be a blessing so he can get out of the snake pit he's in now-hard to believe that after 27 years, he would need to go somewhere else, due to others' immorality and lack of ethics.

So, if DH gets this new job, we would have to move, which won't be a heartbreak for me. We'll wait until DS3 is done with high school in a little over a year, which is probably how long it will take to sell the house anyway. Part of the beauty of this job is that DH could stay with his mom until we sell the house and find a new place. But, anyway, it's time to clear things out! Hardest part of the house we're in now is the lack of storage space-teeny, tiny closets in the bedrooms and no coat closet at all, so, things can get out of hand really easily. If I ever get to design my own home, it'll have lots of closets with shelves and a wonderful mud-room!

Well, you all have a great day! Must get ready to go out in this frigid weather for PT. God bless!

bargoo
01-21-2013, 09:05 AM
ronni, good luck with your DH job hunt, hope everything works out for you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks, RONNI ~ am sending up prayers about this situation for your DH and your family too. We really hope that GOD will turn things around for good for you and bless you all. :hug:

We had a nice weekend. More ***** fell but it looks so pretty all over the trees too. DH just came in from cleaning the front steps; that's his little job each day, plus he helps with odd little jobs around here too and that gives him something to do and keeps him busy.

I am continuing to practice my walking around here each day; and am feeling stronger with each passing day as well. Things are getting done around here for their house. Today, the worker put shelves in their pantry for my sister. It will be great to get all the cupboards sorted out finally. They should be done all the work in the house in 1-2 weeks. Slowly, things are getting back to a semblance of normalicy for them too.

They had a wee flood in the laundry room when they tried the new washer & dryer on the weekend; seems the pump got moved somehow. It won't have to be replaced at least, just put back in properly. New houses have these little glitches that have to be sorted out. I told them to be glad it happened now while the workers are still here to fix it. GOD works in wondrous ways, doesn't He? :yes:

Have a nice week everyone ... :hug:

bargoo
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
rosebud, so good to hear from you. Sounds like things are going well. Praying that you will continue to heal.

pattygirl63
01-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Sy-Girl My Mama went back to college when she was 45 yrs old and she loved it and everyone loved her. You will do fine.

Ronni Praying for you and DH as new decisions are made about selling your home and moving... that God is doing a wonderful "new" thing in your lives.

Rosebud So good to hear from you and how God is really blessing you and your sister and y'all hubbys with such a special time together as you recover. This seems to be a special time for y'all.

Update on DH and our house guests. We finally got the call from the orthopedic surgeon's office and we have a meeting with him Wednesday and hopefully will have a surgery date when we come home. DH is having sooo much pain but at least we know it is going to be over and he will be better soon.

The kids are busy packing things up to move this weekend. DSIL will be here Saturday and they will load up the things in storage. Sunday morning we will go to church as DGS is playing base with the band for his first time so we want to be there to support him. Then they will come home and load what they have here. Put our office back together and get our living room back the way it was 18 mos ago. DD things they will leave Tuesday, but I suspect that they will probably move Monday if DSIL has his way.

Then is when I will start putting things back the way I want them and do some super cleaning. The girls have torn up my rugs etc in guest bath so I'm going to put a whole new decore in there among a lot of other things I plan to do throughout the house.

Interesting thing I've learned about DD. I don't thing this is something she did. It is true that she doesn't follow any rules herself. But I don't think she manipulated things to get just get her degree and go back to FL. I think she manipulated things to get her, but she thought everyone would adjust and be happy and everyone did except her DH. He manipulated losing his job so he could move them back to FL. I heard her say to the baby the other day "This sure didn't turn out like I thought it would. Guess I should have known it wouldn't". Then as the baby walked away she said, "I guess we need to be thankful for Daddy (meaning her DH)". She is not happy about moving back and neither are the girls. I don't think he is a good worker/provider for his family and she did need to have the degree to be a LPN. She has already started online lessons for RN and will continue that while working. I've decided that she knows that she has to work and make good money because he isn't going to. I believe she needs loads of prayer. I think she and I are ending this phase of our life together as friends and I feel good about our relationship.

Bargoo, Gary and Everyone else :wave: Prayers continue for all of you.

Perseverance2013
01-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new and so glad to be hear! I'm 47, married to a wonderful man and have been blessed with one stepson. I've been a Christian all my life but really have been going through a spiritual growth spurt over the last 8 years or so and am so thankful for my strengthened relationship w/Him! My motivation of course is for God's glory and honor but also want to achieve optimal health to be able to live the best life I can and represent him well in every area of my life! My health is still doing ok so far but need to nip this consistent wt. gain in the bud! I'm looking forward to the added accountability, support, and friendship, and hope I can do the same for you all!

Change4Life
01-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Hello!

This is Donna from Tennessee! I love the Lord (I've been a Christian since 1972) and am grateful to have made it back here!

I have 2 kids. Daughter is 23 and on her own path right now. Hooked up with a guy who is an atheist, and has decided to go that direction. I've decided she is "writing her testimony" and will rejoice when she is back!

My son is 12, and was dx'd with autism before he was 2. He has made great progress but still has some quirks (and perks). In March of 2012 he had a very heartbreaking and emotionally devastating event in his life. Then in October 2012 he was dx'd with type 1 Diabetes AND Hashimotos. So much for a young boy to deal with. Jonathan is now and will be always insulin dependent. At least 4 blood glucose checks (finger jabs) and 4 shots a day. Deep sigh.

I have recently been hired as a Children's Ministry Coordinator for Church of LIFE in Madisonville, TN. I love, love, love my kids and feel very blessed to be in the ministry again.

I've been on a weight loss path since September of 2011 after a Heart Cath and Stent. I weighed in for a stress test at 318, and now weigh 226. Not quite 100 pounds gone, but getting close!! Hope to hit that before Easter!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Many blessings,
Donna

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-21-2013, 06:01 PM
:welcome: PERSEVERENCE ~ we are glad that you decided to join us over here. We look forward to getting to know you better ... :)

WELCOME BACK, CHANGE4LIFE ~ I remember you and your son; will send up prayers for him for his health issues. Yes, he has a lot to deal with in his young life but the LORD can help him. Congrats on your WL success; you have done very well!!! You don't have far to go to reach your 100 lb goal ... :carrot:

Spent my afternoon praying for people in one of my prayer groups -- for all those that are sick and have to go through surgeries and other treatments too. GOD has blessed me so and I pray He will do the same for others -- and I know HE will. He wants us all to be well.

THANKS BARGOO AND TRISH ~ I appreciate all your prayers as I heal and recover from my surgery. Physically, it takes about 6-8 weeks to heal from this kind of surgery; I mean before they want you to do anything that is strenuous. They say that the inside may be a lot longer but I am feeling better each day, and that is what matters most.

GARY ~ am sending up prayers that your chemo treatments are going well with minimal side effects; and that you are feeling well too ... :hug:

BTW ~ my SM, GRACE has her last chemo treatment this Thursday and she says all is going well. We pray the treatments works and blast those cancer cells to smithereens ... :boxing:

We are having roast beef with veggies and salad for dinner tonight. Very healthy and family friendly meal. We had some more ***** and some :sunny: today as well. Very pretty and wintery. Hope you all have a wonderful week ... :D

bargoo
01-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Welcome Perseverance so glad to have you here.
Welcome, Donna, praying for success in your weight loss effort.
God bless you both.

Change4Life
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Well....here I go. Going to see a surgeon at 1:00. I feel totally schizophrenic!
Sometimes I feel excited that I'm finally getting this hernia taken care of, and sometimes I feel terrified at the prospect of having surgery. I want my Momeeee!

All that being said, my PCP was scheduling an appointment and told me the name of the surgeon. I looked him up online, and just was not comfortable with several things, especially reports about his poor bedside manor, and cold unfeeling attitude.

So I started my own search and found a woman with all 5 star ratings and glowing reports. I also found out I did not need a referral, and she happened to have a cancellation at 1:00. So, hopefully, by God opening this door, I found a surgeon I can feel comfortable with.

Appreciate your prayers as we have so many "ducks to line up" with Jonathan's care.

(Hoping this doctor will do a little "tummy tuck" with the hernia repair. Think they are having a 2 for 1 sale?" ; )

Bootsie
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
:welcome3: Donna.. Will be praying for you here in Texas for your surgery. I love your new job sounds like you do too!

pattygirl63
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
:welcome2:Donna and Perseverane

Donna Hope all goes well with surgeon's appt. and your surgery. We go to meet DH surgeon tomorrow. DD read about him and he is the best in his field. I understand how you feel about wanting a doc you feel comfortable with. Prayers coming your way.

Bootsie, Bargoo, Gary,Sy-Girl, Rosebud and others :wave: Prayers coming your way.

pattygirl63
01-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Well, last night DH was reading one of his reports on his neck and read that he had degenerative bones. Then today while setting in the room waiting to see the doctor, I read something about C3 - C5 and asked DH, is there something wrong with those vertabrae as well and he didn't know. Praise God for an excellent and thorough doctor.

I was super impressed with him. He is all I heard he is. He pulled up Tony's MRI and showed us his neck and explained everything so thoroughly that no teacher could have done better. He looked at the neck from top to bottom and said there was nothing to worry about any of the others only between 6 & 7. He called and talked to our Primary doctor and I must say he is very thorough as well. He wants to see Tony before we set up the surgery. He will have to be on Lovenox 5days and off Coumadin 7 and the Loveox 2 days before surgery. Then he will watch him and put him back on Loveox and Coumadin the day after surgery. So hopefully depending on what Primary says, we could be going back to Charlotte for surgery I'd say within 7- 10 days. We were amazed to learn that recovery is 2 weeks and he can drive again within 2 days and no neck brace of any kind. DH won't have to have a bone taken from himself as they use a bone from a bone bank. So much has changed over the years. Because of DH special problems the will put in a place to drain to help protect him from any clots. Now we just pray for clearance from our doctor and for hubby to come through surgery with no complications. He may have to spend only 1 or even 2 at most in the hospital. Thanks for your prayers.

Donna How did things go with your meeting with your new surgeon? Were you pleased with her? I thought of you as we went in to meet ours.

Prayers continue for all.

Bootsie
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Patty praying and for all don't have time to write on the run big supper I am preparing for this weekend for special friends ,cooking cooking etc..... just wanted to tell everyone your in my thoughts and prayers.

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-24-2013, 01:21 PM
DONNA ~ glad you found another surgeon that you feel more comfortable with. Praying the surgery goes well with no problems.

TRISH ~ did you have a date yet? Or did I miss it? Praying TONI'S surgery goes well for him too.

BOOTSIE ~ THANKS, hope your weekend get2gether goes well.

We have lots of :sunny: today but it is a bit colder today -- still nice all in all though. Practicing walking each day, mostly with one cane. I do have to watch my right knee I noticed.

^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ... :hug:

wilma12
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Rosebud: So glad to hear you're on the mend. I was out your way last week (Toronto/Orillia/Kitchener). I thought about you a lot and wished I knew how to find you. It would have been fun to meet you in person! Take care!

pattygirl63
01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Bootsie Enjoy your get together with your friends.

Rosebud You are improving so great. God is blessing you beautifully. Thanks for asking about Tony....

No surgery date yet. I hope they will call and we get one tomorrow sometime. We got the go ahead from Primary doc today and his nurse was faxing instructions to the surgeon on how Primary wants Tony's Lovenox and blood thinner done. It seems that we can do 3 days instead of 5 on the Lovenox shots 2x a day and then have 1 day instead of 2 without anything before the surgery. Then he wants Tony on the shot and blood thinner started the very next day after surgery. He will be on the shots until he blood INR reading is where he wants it. He laughingly told Tony that if he ends up with shots left over to just hold on to them as he will probably need them again at some point and he will have them on hand.

I've often wondered why we are in South Carolina, but you know what I realized today? Tony got sick with a heart condition a few months after we married. He had a heart condition that caused him to have to go on disability. I prayed and told the Lord that I really don't want to have to bury another hubby (I've been a widow twice). I have to say that moving to SC actually saved Tony's life. He has about 7 or 8 doctors or more and we have been so very blessed that they are all wonderful caring docs. I've heard DD tell of procedures they do in FL and there is nothing wrong with that, but I have to say these doctors here are just better. We are definitely blessed.

Prayers going on for everyone.

pattygirl63
01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Surgeon's office called and the earliest date for surgery is Feb 18. We wondered how in the world DH could go another 4 weeks with this pain. But thank God we never felt we should cancel that appointment with the Pain Management doctor since it took us almost 2 months to get in to see him. Primary doc agreed that we should keep it and establish a relationship wih the PM doc. Shortly after he met us and talked to DH and examined him that he told DH, "You don't have to tell me what you are feeling because I was you 2 months ago". He was very concerned about DH pain and put him on a medicinal regiment that not only will help him with the pain now, but should also help him with recovery pain. Since Tony also has lower back pain we decided on the way home to have him take over Tony's treatment for that too once he are over this.

What an amazing God we serve. We had hopes that we would have the surgery sooner. However, the surgeon said that Tony's pain might not go away as quickly as I had heard because it had been inflammed so long and now we had to wait longer. Now we know why He didn't want us to cancel the PM docx appt. He is on meds to take care of the inflammation etc before the surgery and then he told us that it would be inflammed again from the the surgeon poking around in there so he wants him to continue the meds even after surgery to take care of that pain. I just Praise God for His Goodness, Protection and Guidance.

Prayers continue for all.

ronni62
01-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Trish-keeping you and your DH in my prayers. I have a similar issue with pain in arm coming from C6-C7, but docs won't do surgery, as they said the 2-3 year recovery would be problematic at this time, plus my surgery would have to be done from the front around the carotid and so many head/facial control nerves and muscles and they're concerned about damage and paralysis. I'll be praying for his pain control and really good surgical results. Sounds like you've found some really good docs!

Rosebud-so glad to hear how well you're progressing!

Well, we're home with church cancelled today. Ice, ice, and more ice right now. Unfortunately, we already had gone to town (1/2 hour drive) because DS3 and his youth group had to be there early since they were supposed to play the worship songs today. So, when they cancelled, we loaded his stuff back up and headed back home. It had started at home before we had left, so the roads were already completely covered with ice. Fortunately, our God is so good and we got back home with no issues!

Might try out a new recipe or something today, since we're certainly not going out anywhere else! Or, maybe I'll just get on Pinterest and kill time ;)

Gary, Bargoo-prayers continue. Bless you both:hug:

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I'll probably be back later:)

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-27-2013, 04:42 PM
NSV UPDATE -- Wanted to share a nice NSV with you all here. I tried on some new pj's today to see if they would fit (size Large/16-18) and they fit well with room to spare. I was so tickled that I then tried on a pair of Mediums (size 12-14) and they fit as well. Now, I am one person who doesn`t like their clothes too tight, esp pj`s so I would prefer the size Large for comfort, but now I know what size I am and what sizes we can use as a gauge when we go clothes shopping.

So I have met my original goal and then some. My original goal was size 18 or Large; I had reached that on my top some time ago, but now I am a size 12-14 or Medium on both top and bottom now. I had lost more weight just before the surgery as well (becuz of the tumor). Now the tumor is not in the way, I can see what size I really am. :lol:

I have upped my food intake as the doctors suggested and we think my face is starting to fill out a bit already. I would be happy to stay where I am if I could, but I will have to watch the snacking if I want to do that ... ;) I will just continue on my plan as I have been doing, increasing my fruit servings to 3-4 a day as suggested by the doctors (as my BSL`s are OK now).

I think if I continue as I have been -- eating lean meats; salads & lots of veggies; complex whole grains; healthier low-cal dishes, and watch the snacking, I should be OK. We are having pizza with salad tonight for dinner. We will still have fun foods like this on occasion as well. Gotta enjoy life too ... :D

RONNI -- sending up prayers for you concerning your health issues and pain too ... :hug:

EZMONEY
01-27-2013, 06:14 PM
:-)

bargoo
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Rosebud, sounds like you have a good food plan in mind. Congratulations on the clothing sizes. I like old fashioned flannel night gowns for the winter, I get them in size large as , like you, I like my nite clothes to be roomy, but size large in anything else would be too big.

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-28-2013, 07:01 PM
WILMA ~ You were just below us when you were in Kitchener. We are straight up north on highway 6 (just below Tobermory). That would have been nice to meet you for sure, although I was sick at the time you were here. We are all almost over that flu that everyone seems to have here. Just at the tail end, we hope. It seems to drag on and on, but at least the worst of it is over ... yay!!!

:wave: HI GARY ~ nice to see you drop by; hope the report was positive today ... :hug:

BARGOO ~ I have always liked baggier clothes too but I will throw the really big ones out. I still have some nice housecoats and tops that I will keep though (some are brand new). I tried on some other clothes that were too big; so I will wear them around the house and yard to get use out of them. I hate to waste anything ... :lol:

bargoo
01-28-2013, 07:29 PM
WILMA ~ You were just below us when you were in Kitchener. We are straight up north on highway 6 (just below Tobermory). That would have been nice to meet you for sure, although I was sick at the time you were here. We are all almost over that flu that everyone seems to have here. Just at the tail end, we hope. It seems to drag on and on, but at least the worst of it is over ... yay!!!

:wave: HI GARY ~ nice to see you drop by; hope the report was positive today ... :hug:

BARGOO ~ I have always liked baggier clothes too but I will throw the really big ones out. I still have some nice housecoats and tops that I will keep though (some are brand new). I tried on some other clothes that were too big; so I will wear them around the house and yard to get use out of them. I hate to waste anything ... :lol:

I hate to waste things, too....you never know when you might be able to use something. A few years ago I broke my shoulder one of the most difficult things to do with a broken shoulder is put on clothes. Ouch , I fortunately had 2 old fleece jackets 2 or 3 sizes too big at the time I broke my shoulder, I was so glad I still had them because being so big they were easy to put on, the only thing I could put on I was glad I had saved them.
So glad to see you posting a little more , that must mean you are healing, so glad !

auntnelly
01-28-2013, 08:38 PM
checking in to say hi.
Bargoo...nice on the smaller clothes!!

LuvCats
01-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Hello ladies. :)

I've been hanging around 3FC for nearly a week now and thought I'd come over here and say hi. I've mostly been on the 40's board so far. My name is Natalie. Christian wife (going on 27 years) and mom of 3 daughters (24, 21, & 17). I'm a SAHM for the time being. I just finished my associates and am looking for work but hard to say how soon that will be. I guess in God's timing. :)

WTG to all of you who mentioned the great NSVs! We can do this! :carrot:

bargoo
01-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Welcome, Natalie, this a great place for Christian Fellowship and encouragement.

LuvCats
01-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the welcome bargoo. :)

Syckgirlsfv
01-31-2013, 11:40 AM
morning all!!! Beautiful day here in So. Cal. - thank you Lord!!! The scale moved down one pound FINALLY - maybe it will keep going this time. School starts in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm ready! Business calculus and then in fall I am in like Flinn to Cal State L.A....it's so expensive! oh well, if it were so easy to do everyone would do it.

Looking super forward to my Vegas trip in July...7th wedding anniversary - again THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!! Got a call from my pastor's wife the other night and we are baptizing 6 more people this weekend! God is so good...He still amazes me! Have a great day all!

Bootsie
01-31-2013, 11:23 PM
:running::running::running:Sorry , not posting have sped by and not stopped! I been turning circles trying to stay up with life . Supper went great about 80 friends stopped by to eat supper, ,went to guns show the next morning, went back and spent 4 hours cleaning up with hubby and brother in law, still working counting at the store will finish in the morning. Then book work, took a break today and went and worked at my Grandmothers house love it there. Made me a place to plant some roses. Gotta go for hardware truck coming tomorrow and I got to get up early and finish counting! Love all of ya , special hi to Gary! Keep your chin up big guy God loves you!

Roo2
02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone! my name is Roo2
I have been a member since Nov 12 .
I am On the Ideal Protein diet since the end of June 2012 till present.
I lurk more than I post .
Enjoy reading all your posts.
Good Luck,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

bargoo
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone! my name is Roo2
I have been a member since Nov 12 .
I am On the Ideal Protein diet since the end of June 2012 till present.
I lurk more than I post .
Enjoy reading all your posts.
Good Luck,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Welcome Roos2, so glad to have you with us,

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
:welcome: to our latest NEWBIES ~ glad you found us over here and decided to join us for a chat. We look forward to getting to know you both.

ROO ~ sounds like you have had great success; reaching your goal already. Now the other half of the equation is maintaining that healthier lifestyle (I am there with you on that now too).

NATALIE ~ congrats on finishing your course; hope you find the right job for you soon (yes, in GOD's timing; He knows best).

BOOTSIE ~ happy that your big gatheriing went so well for you. You're a busy girl as always. Good luck with that inventory. You are in our thoughts and prayers always ... :hug:

SYGIRL ~ you sound excited about your next educational journey; glad things are working out for you. Best wishes for a successful year coming up. Congrats on that one lb; and have fun on your anniversary trip. Sounds like things are busy at your church these days. :)

BARGOO ~ yes, I am feeling better each day. Am practicing walking around the main floor. Soon we will venture out for a shopping trip; one place we will be going to has some motorized carts so I won't get too tired as the store is mega-sized. Yes, it is a good idea not to throw everything away and I will be keeping a few things too.

:wave: HI NELLY ~ nice to see you drop by for a visit, even if it was short and sweet! :lol:

Called and arranged to have the chemo sessions set for Owen Sound as it is only 1 hour away from here -- it is the handiest place of the 3 options he offered me. Now I just wait for the pertinent info and dates.

I am having some soup for lunch today; my eating is good and the flu has almost totally abated now (just a few sniffles). Some say this one has symptoms that can linger as long as 8/9 weeks; I pray not (my sis still has a bit of a cough yet though, but she is much better too). We spent yesterday morning giving the place a really good cleaning now that the workers have finally left. I did the dusting & organizing; and cleaning of the kitchen (wiping down the cupboards and applicances) -- all the small, easy jobs. I try to do a bit each day to increase my strength and flexibility ... ;)

We have lovely :sunny: here today but with colder temps. DH and BIL are gone on an errand and shopping trip, so us ladies are here holding down the fort. It is so quiet and peaceful here; we love it! Have a fantastic Friday everyone ... :hug:

NOTE: I just noticed that today is the 1st of February. Time to start a new thread. SEE YOU ALL OVER THERE ... :D

Syckgirlsfv
02-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Justwant2Bhealthy - yes, it's busy at my church! I am so happy so many are coming to Christ! :cloud9: We have a Russian couple that are (were) muslim and they were walking past the church while one of our members was out there changing the letters on the sign, and they stopped to inquire about Jesus. They are visiting for a few months, and they are not happy as muslims. The awesome part is that they got saved! They are being baptized tomorrow, along with one of their mothers (not sure whose mother) - the mother is going home and wanted to be baptized with them first. They need prayer! They will be threatened with death when they get home to Russia for their Christianity...I saw on the news the other day where they hanged a man for it.

I'm still down the one little pound, but it's a good indicator! I'm making extra sure not to eat things that are loaded with sodium and all that other nonsense, and sticking to having a glass of wine or two only. Got my step class tonight - first time back in the gym in 2 weeks due to the bronchial infection I had.

Everybody, God Bless and have a great weekend! It's in the 70s today...:D

ronni62
02-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Welcome to our newbies and hello to everyone else too! Sounds like things are looking up for most everyone-our God is so good to us!

DS3 & I were in town today. Of course, he had school classes at the ps for a couple hours and I had PT, which is starting to help a lot. Keeping up with the exercises at home helps the pain and they also sent a neck traction device home with me to use as needed. I have a very nice, Christian therapist and we have a fun time! Then, we did our grocery shopping and some for Mom too, as she's had a stomach flu for a couple days now. She has found out that she can no longer eat wheat at all. She had a couple saltines to try to calm her stomach and became very anxious and nervous. We've done much more research and found that there are many studies showing a link between wheat allergy and manic depression and schizophrenia. She's been off her meds for over 3 months now and has NO symptoms unless she eats something with wheat in it. I'm so glad God allowed me to have the wheat allergy, so I'd be doing research and finding out how to help my mom-we had lived with her mental health issues my entire life and it's so nice to have a normal mom now!

Well, DH has to do a midnight to 6 am half-shift tonight because one of the guys is sick, so he's resting before he has to go in. And, DS3 has a busy evening tomorrow...weight lifting for soccer team in the morning, worship team practice in the evening (he's playing lead guitar Sunday morning), then a dance at the school after that! My shy son has become one of the most popular kids! Amazing how things change....funniest thing is that he says all the kids think we're the coolest parents, because we teach him stuff and take him places! I just laugh, because I was THE least cool girl at my high school and college:lol:

Hope you all have a nice weekend! I'll be checking in, of course, because that GAME might be on, but I won't be watching very closely;)