Atkins - Induction Breakfast Ideas

View Full Version : Induction Breakfast Ideas

BrittStar027
01-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Ok, i'm in desperate need of breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs. It's getting to the point that the thought of eating an egg is gag-inducing. Help!

Simona
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I eat 2 eggs every morning so I don't have a lot of ideas for breakfast BUT Google "Linda's Low Carb". She has A LOT of recipes. I'm sure you'll find breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs. Also remember that you can go non-traditional and have meat/cheese.

BrenM
01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Don't just think of breakfast as an "egg" only type meal.Think outside the box! I sometimes have leftover venison steak and cheese for breakfast. Or veggies. Definitely check out Linda's site. I haven't been there lately, but remember it from the first time around on Atkins :) You can do this :)

SeeMyFeet
01-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Tomorrow is 2 weeks on induction for me...didn't take long at all to get tired of eggs. Surprisingly, a crustless quiche, full of low carb veggies and maybe ham or turkey, is not so eggy. Also got tired of lean ham. I'm enjoying sausage patties for breakfast now.

BrenM
01-05-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm planning on venturing into making my eggs into "muffins". that way I can have them pre-made and ready to go in the mornings. I'm planning on throwing cheese, onions & Peppers in along with the sausage and eggs. Can't wait to eat them :)

SugarSpell
01-06-2013, 02:07 AM
Well, there's the common sausage and bacon for breakfast. But I personally think chicken salad scooped into a bell pepper is pretty good in the morning, even though it's not super 'breakfasty'.

I got really sick of eggs too! I had to give them up until I discovered pickled eggs. You can make them at home with some eggs, vinegar, bagged pickling spice, and a jar. There's tons of recipes online.

BrittStar027
01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
It's gotten to the point where anything "savory" makes me want to gag first thing in the morning. I know they're not really recommended for inductions, but i've been drinking the shakes in the morning and it's saving me. I guess that's one thing i really miss about IP (the shakes).

SugarSpell
01-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm guilty of drinking shakes too. I go for the generic whey protein stuff (it's less expensive), and it hasn't caused me any problems. But Atkins bars are another story! They knock me right out of ketosis.

futurehealthyme
01-06-2013, 06:26 PM
I agree SugarSpell....there is much cheaper stuff out there. I buy the Costco whey protein mix and it only has 3 carbs per serving....I am not using it right now on induction but will later on......
Also, I love your idea for breakfast.......I never liked sugar filled breakfasts to begin with...mainly protein..Pickled eggs....got to try that one!
Thanks for the ideas!

Zumbachica
01-07-2013, 08:36 AM
muffins in a minute made with flax seed meal is a great breakfast, i put cream cheese on them..and the flax helps clear the pipes :

futurehealthyme
01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
I love leftovers for breakfast....I know, some of you will understandably go "YUCK"!!!
I love chicken, steak or fish in the morning.....was never a fan of sweet sugary crap.....and the protein fuels me.
I must admit that - many times - I am bad and skip it.....but when I try my hardest.. protein is the answer for me!

weight2lose
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I alternate between sausage links and eggs during induction. Sometimes I'll use bacon instead of sausage, but that's as much as I deviate for breakfast...

fatmad
01-19-2013, 03:14 PM
I second the muffin in a minute, can be with flax meal or almond meal. Sliced and toasted with cream cheese, nut butters, crumbled into greek yogurt instead of granola etc. I make several at a time and keep in the fridge.

Forevermercy
01-20-2013, 02:20 AM
So I'm not totally sure this is inductions friendly (I'm still in week 2) but I found this recipe for fake french toast that I'm gonna try for breakfast tomorrow.

Cuz I'm with you... I'm sick of eggs and I miss french toast sooooo much! Its my favorite food ever! And I have a 1 yr old that hates eggs so he's torturing me with his waffles, oatmeals, fruit, and cereal breakfasts. Yes, I'm jealous of my 1 yr old! :dizzy:

So because I'm probably more desperate that you I'll be your guinea pic and try this recipe:

www (enter dot here) lowcarb (enter dot here) ca/recipes/rrecipe012 (enter dot here) html
Sorry, I guess you cant post full links here.

I'll let you know how it tastes and if I have any issues with ketosis and weight loss.

Forevermercy
01-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Ok so I tried the recipe and it was actually GOOD!!!
I would add little more splenda than the recipe calls for and add lots of cinnamon cuz it was slightly salty still but thats cuz i used alotta butter to pan fry. And cook them on low-medium heat so they dont burn and make it saltier.

Here's how they turned out:

The texture and taste was very simlar to french toast. It hit that spot, thats for sure! I did use SF syrup from Publix which has a lotta sugar alcohol so I tried to use it sparingly.

Gets my approval but I'll let you know if I stall in any way.

Forevermercy
01-22-2013, 10:05 AM
No stalls yet! I'm still testing moderate on the ketostix so seems like we're good! I'd try it!