UK Fat Chicks - UK Chicks Chat 3

View Full Version : UK Chicks Chat 3

takingcontrol
01-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Hello all, happy new year to you!

Starting a new thread because the other got too long......

I'm crawling back in here with a fierce determination to stop letting life get in the way of my goal!

Will go and catch up on all I've missed and be back later to post more

Think slim guys :)

takingcontrol
01-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Ahhhhh just read through the other thread and it's so lovely to see it busy again!

Hellooooooo to all you oldies, glad to see everyone still at it, whoop!

And an even bigger hello to the newbies, it's great to have you!

I'm a UK chick living in Thailand and I really should have met my goal by now.... However, judging by both the tightness of my clothes and my christmas holidy pics I'm going in completely the wrong way.............

So, I'm back on the wagon, good food choices and exercise, a lot less drinking and generally being good to myself.

I'm doing it without a scale this time, clothes and image will tell me I'm on the right track, and when I'm home in April I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be at goal weight, if that isn't motivation I don't know what is!!!!

How's everyone else doing? Are the resolutions holding up?

I'm goig to try and come up with an exercise plan, it's really not that easy to do here, but that's no excuse not to try. I'll be back later to post what I've decided on and am also going to start a daily food log post to keep me accountable, please post yours too if you'll think it'll help :)

TC x

mountain walker
01-05-2013, 05:51 AM
TC nice to see you back lovely!
Weighed myself to see what damage steroids, inactivity and chocolate had done for the past few months........not going to change my ticker but it wasn't QUITE as bad as I had feared!!
I think that getting back in to a routine once the kids go back and walking to and from my job placement, combined with the fact that my chest has finally improved will get me back in the groove. Managaing my 2.6 mile walk OK though still a bit more tired than I used to be.
Anybody wish to share their non-weight loss goals for January??
Mine are all money related!

starbrite
01-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Can I join you? I'm an english woman living in Belgium. I have been very active on the 100lb forum, but would love to chat away to you UK ladies. Sometimes it helps !!
My story is a simple one. I lost and regained 100lbs twice . Then two years ago I decided that at nearly 300lbs enough was enough. It took me 14 months to lose 145lbs. I am now maintaining, although my weight has gone up since starting to exercise vigorously. I'd like to lose a few lbs and regain control that can slip without my dedicated attention !!

mountain walker
01-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Hey starbrite...welcome and Happy New Year!
I am so inspired by people like you who have lost so much weight, sometimes it seems like such a big mountain to climb!
How have you lost your weight so far??

starbrite
01-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Thank you Mountain walker - what a lovely thing to say ! I lost the weight by a plan that I devised based loosely around the Dukan diet. However I can't follow phases, and eat only this for 2 weeks etc. So I cut out bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. I ate porridge for breakfast, salads for lunch and lean protein and veg for dinner. I drank copious amounts of water, and allowed wine as a treat. I gave up fruit and anything sweet. I cut back on salt and salty flavourings. I didn't start to exercise until I had lost the weight.
I've been fat all my life, and this is the first time I have been a normal weight. It's a struggle every day to not return to my old self, but 3FC has truly kept me on the straight and narrow!
Congratulations on your loss- that's an incredible job youv'e done :hug:

takingcontrol
01-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey MW, great to hear from you too! So glad to hear that the scale wasn't as bad as you feared.... My main reason for not stepping on one at the moment is not being able to deal with the number I see. So, seen as I don't have one and the one at the office is really old and inaccurate and of course in KG which makes seeing a loss really hard, I'm not going to weigh at all, and hope I've enough time between here and getting back to the UK to make my return number a good one!

Great you're getting back into an exercise routine too, I really need to develop one but it's hard here. Not going to make excuses though, I will find a way!

Starbrite, hello and welcome and congratulations on your loss, WOW! You're so right about the struggle everyday part, and that's really what I need to accept, that being slim and healthy will require commitment for life, I can't just lose weight and then give up and hope it'll all be ok.

Sunday morning here, I'm popping to do some healthy food shopping, which isn't as easy as it sounds when I don't have cooking facilities, but at least I'm going to be trying to make healthy choices. Then a few hours at the pool to keep up my holiday tan *vanity alert!* Then I'll have some cleaning and work prep to do, fit in a workout of some sort, DVD I think, before going out this eve to an expat bar that shows Sunday night movies and sells Burmese salads.

Going to start a daily log post now, please feel free to log your own stuff in there too :)

Have a lovely sunday everyone

mountain walker
01-06-2013, 05:37 AM
TC I am deeeeeeply envious!
My Sunday consists of ...walking dogs and kids(!) cleaning, cooking and more cooking! All very nice in it's own way but hardly glamorous!
Excitingly I am starting a 10 week job placement in a High School this week as my CRB check came through really quickly. I will be helping year 7's with literacy in class. I am hoping it will ultimately lead to a job soon.
Will keep you posted!
Have a great day our gang!!!

starbrite
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Checking in to say hi been to the gym. Sweated buckets, which I like as it makes me feel virtuous !! Have had some good days on plan since the excesses of Christmas and the New year. Sadly succumbed to two oatcakes and cheese and pickle at midnight last night. Don't know why - perhaps it was my last hurrah for a while? Seems that I was hungry still and needed a carb snack. I find the excessive cardio sessions do that to me. However, keep moving on.
I have discovered miracle noodles- they are calorie,carb and fat free. Some people hate the flavour as there is a slightly fishy smell to them, but I find rinsing well before cooking cures this. For me they are a fab alternative to real pasta and have helped me immensely. I keep trying to find alternatives to carb loaded dishes, and have quite the repertoire now Perhaps I should include these in my book?
Came back from the gym and hoovered and washed all the floors downstairs in my house. This took over an hour, so I'm counting this as exercise
Was congratulated by the man at the gym for my work today- made me feel really pleased. Funny though, I've never mentioned my weightloss there. I am sure they look at me and think "Boy she could do with toning" but I smile and think if only they knew! It's a powerful force to be reckoned with.
DD comes with me to the gym. She is skinny, but suffers from a belly and thighs, caused mostly by typical teenager food. She has recently become more body conscious and has enjoyed eating my food. Now, if I could just get my DH and DS to join in, life would be peachy.
A few months ago I started taking a supplement called 5HTP - it is a natural pre-cursor for seratonin - the feel good vitamin. I'm not sure whether I should credit this, or the gym, or a combination of both for not suffering so badly with SAD this year. Whatever it is, I'll take it ! Days are grey and depressing here in Belgium for the next three and the previous three months. It is difficult to keep an even mood when you don't ever get any light, so I'll take any positive mood surge I can get.
We are planning another holiday to Florida this year. We had such an awesome time last year, and I discovered a liking for so many stores I would never have been into before. I also began the gym whilst there, so am thankful we will return to the same place and I can keep up with the exercise whilst there. We also jet skied and parasailed - it was awesome and for the first time in my life I didn't worry about whether I was too big to do the things I wanted to do. Hurray
Warm and positive wishes to you all today - feels like a good one x

takingcontrol
01-06-2013, 10:45 AM
MW - good luck with the placement, sounds great! When I was back in the UK I did some literacy work with those that needed it in a year 2 class and loved it. I know year 2 & 7 are quite different but I'm sure it'll be bril, and good luck on finding work at the end of it :)

Starbrite - now it's my turn to be jealous, I MISS MY GYM! I never ever thought I'd say that, but in the beginning part of last year I turned into a gym addict and loved it! Great news about SAD and about your holiday plans and the compliments, what a great day!

Good one here too, lazy but good. On plan food wise, two days done, yippee! And did day one of the 30 day shred (again!) this time I hope to stick at it, it's no gym but it's free and works in my one room studio so I can't complain!

Just about bedtime here, love early nights when I'm on plan, stop me binging, most of the time!

Enjoy the rest of Sunday everyone :)

Sharelle
01-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Hello all

I only joined last night so still finding my way around. Im very embaressed about how heavy I am but feel I can now say I weigh 241 lbs.
The worst thing is, I did this to myself!! I pretty much avoid mirrors apart from my head to do my hair and face but I seemed to be able to avoid seeing myself.
I always avoid anyone with a camera altho I love taking pictures. I got my daughter to take a full length picture of me a couple of days ago and I look like a barrel!!
I started my heathy eating 4 days ago and am doing it myself as I dont like the idea of going to classes having been before.
I dont want to be on a diet, I want to eat healthily into the future. Im very inactive but I do have a treadmill. Ive been doin 7 mins walking a day on it and increase by 30 seconds a day. Im sure thats not half enough though.

So basically, I really want to do this, even though it scares me, but seeing so many others here acheiving such great results can only help to inspire me.

Sharon

takingcontrol
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
HI Sharon, glad you found this thread! BOy do I know how hard it feels in the beginning, but it sounds like you're taking all the right steps, so well done you! Your exercise is great, especially with the increases, you'll soon build it up and as your fitness improves you'll be able to add variety too.

Another OK day here, I'm aching like mad from the start of the 30DS, but I know that that will soon pass so am kind of looking forward to day three tomorrow! Have had a pretty active day with swimming and cycling (over here I only have a bicycle to get around on, so I've upped the tempo as I cycle and that in itself is proving to be great for getting the heart rate up).

Ate pretty well, starting to feel restricted and a bit annoyed on that front, but hey ho, it'll be worth it in the end, a week or so of being super strict to get myself away from the bad choices and then I'll start to be more realistic and long term with my choices again.

First 'real' day back at work tomorrow, so that involves an early start and some strenuous hill climbing to reach one of the schools I'm training at in the refugee camp. I never used to relish that hill, but tomorrow it's an exercise related bonus, yay!

Have a great rest of Monday everyone, bedtime here!

mountain walker
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Welcome sharelle. It CAN be done.
The thing with exercise is to do what you are comfortable with and can fit into your day, above all be realistic!
My exercise is walking the dogs as I don't have the kit, the money or frankly the desire to make a beast of myself at the gym!
Good luck you can do this!!

Sharelle
01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi and thanks for the post.

Having read so many success stories on here, it definitely can be done, Im just hoping I can be a success too!

And youve done an amazing job & must be so proud of yourself. Have you got any tips for a beginner please?? =)

Sharon

takingcontrol
01-08-2013, 05:52 AM
OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, the 30DS is killing me!

Allimac1
01-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind someone from the emerald isle joining you? Technically I am from the UK having been born there - My parents were Irish, dad was in the RAF so we moved around quite a bit, mostly around England and then to Germany. He took early retirement when I was 9 and we moved over here. I sometimes think I am more English than Irish though, those few years of UK education definitely affected me (in a positive way I might add!).

I always thought I was overweight but looking back at pictures I wasn't, I just had two really mean brothers who constantly tormented me!!! To be fair, I did develop very early so that might have been the reason .... I think I allowed my belly to expand to balance out the boobs!!!!

It's so sad to think that for most of my teens and now my adult life I've been worrying about my weight .... I've lost 3 stone, put back on 4, lost 4 put back on 3 etc. etc. Yo-yo is my middle name ....

It's definitely getting harder now I'm in my mid 40's ...

I am currently doing the Dukan diet ... I did this a year or so ago and I felt great on it. I think carbs/surgars etc. leave me quite lethargic and I have absolutely no will power or sense of portion control so this fairly extreme plan seems to suit me once I put my mind to it.

I am now on day 7, down about 5 lbs, feeling quite positive.

Hope to catch up with you all for moral support and advice.

Take care :)

PhatPhoenix
01-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi Allimac!

I can identify with your experience. Also have lost 'all' the weight twice - and put it back. This past time, put it back on plus another half stone (which could've been worse actually - daren't weigh myself normally so I had no idea!)

I'm in my early 50s and last lost weight in my mid 40s, so know how harder it gets. I just lost it by using FitDay to track my diet and exercise; exercising more and eating wholefoods. The first time I lost weight, I bought an old Rosemary Conley book for 50p in a charity shop, and followed that to the letter! (The old Hip and Thigh Diet).

It's good you have found something that works for you. I have lost 2lb in the past couple of days (only just started) and already am starting to feel better.

I used 3FatChicks last time I lost weight, and found it to be a great incentive and a lovely, friendly place.

AlmostMe
01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm baaack...

Uggghhh - I seriously went off the rails late summer and started smoking again. Whenever I smoke I reduce my activity and eat more, too. Been off the cigs again for 3 weeks. Personal trainer. Re-doing the C25K (a bit more quickly) and started training with the women's rugby team. Yay!!! That's about killing me, but I reckon I'm gonna play my first game 10 Feb. :-)

I made a bet with my brother to lose weight by 15 April. Still having trouble controlling my eating...and I really want to avoid calorie counting as I tend to go absolutely NUTS when I do that eating far, far too few calories.

mountain walker
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
First day of my work placement today and it was pigging brilliant! Had a lift as it was my first day but from now on ( unless monsoon conditions prevail) I will be walking so will fit in my exercise too!!
Sharelle, the best advice I can give you is not to be too hard on yourself if you slide off the path every now and again...that way yo-yo diets lie!
Just acknowledge that you have had a weekend/week/month of making less healthy choices and jump back on!! On no account add guilt to the battles you are fighting!! I have finally got myself out of the "all or nothing" mentality that I was in and feel much less awful if I am ill and spend weeks sat on the sofa eating chocolate and watching Time Team!! Otherwise you can only cope if you are in TOTAL CONTROL 24/7 and life just doesn't go like that! We all have marital/kids/parents/school/money/illness type stresses and I have finally (aged 46!) learned that it's OK to relax the eating rules....I will get back to it when life lets me.
Ooh I have rambled ...sorry!!!
Welcome other newbies!!

Sharelle
01-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Hi mountain walker

Thanks for your reply. I think your right about letting life getting in the way and giving up. Ive tried to lose weight half heartedly before but as soon as Ive had a bad day I give up completely.
This time around Im not saying Im on a diet as I want to eat healthily long term. And when I do have a bad day, which is bound to happen, Ive got to draw a line under it, and get back on track.
And u didnt ramble lol, you made perfect sense =)

Thanks again and hope to speak soon

Sharon

Cofa Tree
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I always thought I was overweight but looking back at pictures I wasn't, I just had two really mean brothers who constantly tormented me!!! To be fair, I did develop very early so that might have been the reason .... I think I allowed my belly to expand to balance out the boobs!!!
Are you me? :)

Hi everyone

Another Jan starter here, with my first weigh-in tomorrow...I know I've lost some because I couldn't resist a sneaky peek at the scales, but will wait and see what tomorrow brings. I'm using the MyFitnessPal to calorie count because it appeals to my list and detail-obsessive self...seems to be working so far!

Cofa

takingcontrol
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Allimac It's great to have you here, welcome :) Good luck on the Dunkan diet, I hope this is the time you get to goal and stay there. Is it an 'Atkins Type' diet? I've been on my 'diet' for a couple of years now and although I've fluctuated up and down in that time, I've generally been going in the right direction and even though it's slow, it's realistic and hopefully when I get to where I want to be it'll be for good!

PhatPhoenix Hello and welcome back! I did reply at length on your other thread, but it's great to see you in the chat too! I too love 3FC's for the support and accountability it brings. Good luck with your new plan and keep posting in here :)

AlmostMe Hello! Great to see you and fab news about the rugby, go you!!! Good luck on losing weight, it's great you've got a supportive brother :) Let us know how the rugby progresses! When back in the UK I think I'd like to give team sports a go, it must make exercise so much more than just exercise if that makes sense!

MW Yay to the new job being fab and yay to the extra exercise being thrown in for free, yippee!! HOw long is the placement?

CofaTree Good luck for your weigh in :) I enjoy myfitnessplan too, but while I'm over here and mainly eating food cooked by others, ready bought from the market on from packets I can't read the nutriional info on it's competely out. So it's all about trying to make good food choices at the mo, hopefully I've learnt enough to succeed!

OK so, Happy Wednesday everyone, almost halfway through the week! I had a mini wobble yesterday eve. Went out for a drink, 2 G&T's, which is OK, I'm being real, had a couple of handfuls of peanuts too, BAD IDEA! That set off the cravings and cycling past 7\11 on the way home was so hard, then got home and had to fight the urge to not go out and buy snacks or to cook up more noodles that i didin't need. But, I beat it! I ate nothing more and went to bed and survived!

Yesterday I got up super early to do my workout, today I'm doing it after work as I don't tutor in the evening and am once again going out for dinner and everyone else will be drinking alhtough I@mnot going to. But, I want my work out as fresh in my mind as possible to help keep me on the straight and narrow! Being good and making the right choices is so easy when I keep myself at home, but the challenge now is to transfer it over to going out in public and still being 'good'. If I can master that, I'm well on the road to slim and fit I think!

Cofa Tree
01-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Thanks takingcontrol :). And good luck with the no drinking when you are out tonight. I'm doing a month of no drinking but so is my husband, so at least there's no temptation at home for a sneaky glass of wine or two once baby is in bed...

Just weighed myself...five pounds lost in first week! Most of that was in the first half of the week so was probably a culture shock to the Christmas over-indulgence...this week might be more difficult as I adjust to the new plan, but hey, I'm soooo chuffed with the five pounds :)

Every day is a new opportunity...good luck everyone.

Cofa

Allimac1
01-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Morning all ....

Patphoenix I must have a look at Fitday as well, it all helps! You seem to be great at doing diets on your own, I have diet books and dvds at home but they rarely get used ....

Almostme Hope the C25k works for you,I'll be honest I didn't know what it meant so I looked it up, fair dues to you that would scare me!! And rugby too??? You sound like a very determined person and no doubt you will win that bet :)

Mountain Walker We're the same age!! Your weight loss is brilliant :) I know what you mean about taking control, it is so easy to get lost in all the other things that we have going on and neglect ourselves ....

Sharelle You sound very determined and you're right losing weight has a huge amount to do with our mental state ... even logging on every day to this website helps to focus me.

Cofa Tree You made me laugh lol .... you're a bit taller than me so maybe you can take the boobs better than me!!! Good luck with the no drinking, I'm doing the same at the moment too ... well done on your loss :)

Taking Control Yeah, the Dukan Diet is quite like Atkins but doesn't do the high fat ... I know some people give out about it (think the Middletons did it) but I've read the book and if I stick to it I should be able to reintroduce foods as I go along and the plan is to maintain the loss ... TBH I am going skiing in just under 3 weeks and I wanted to lose about a stone quickly so I would feel less yucky. .... I don't plan on staying on it while I'm away and just hope I don't do too much damage but hay, I'll re-start when I get back. It sounds quite difficult for you where you are and with the restrictions you have but you are doing great from the look of your loss so far, wow, I haven't seen 168 in years!!!! You are dead right, it is certainly down to CHOICES ....

Catch up soon :)

Sharelle
01-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Hi everyone

I seem to have lost my motivation for some reason so instead of eating, I thought I'd post on here.
I feel lethargic and yuck today and Ive done hardly anything this morning apart from silly little things when there's a pile of ironing that needs doing. I must get that ironing board out!
I hope everyone else is having a good day so far.

Sharon

lhanna200
01-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi guys! Another Jan starter here :). So had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 1 lb. Though not an amazing start, it is a start and I'm happy with that. The main thing I've noticed the last week is how better my energy levels are and I'm having less energy drops in the afternoon. Now I just need to wean myself off eating the wife's dinner left overs as eating a meal and a half every dinner is not good. My perception of serving sizes is so off,anyone else have that problem?

Cofa Tree
01-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi Sharon - Quick, get outside and walk as briskly as you can for half an hour! The fresh air might help clear your head and get you back on track? As cliched as it is, I've been ending some of my posts with 'every day is a new opportunity' as a reminder to myself, so do what you can today to regain focus and then start tomorrow with anewed determination...

Hi lhanna20 - absolutely! I think we've become so conditioned to ready meal, takeaway and restaurant portion sizes, which are inflated to suck us in, that we've lost sight of what a proper portion is. Does the 'no more of one food type bigger than the size of your palm' thing still stand? I don't know if there's any scientific basis to it, but I try to stick to it as a rule when watching what I eat...but the rest of the time :o

Sharelle
01-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi Cofa

After posting on here I read through some other posts then went and got the ironing board out and got stuck in. Felt better after getting it out of the way too.
So I didnt go and pig out - woohoo!! =)

Thanks for your message and next time I feel like that I may just go for a stride round the block lol

Sharon

mountain walker
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Coftree and Allimac, my brother used to call me thunder thighs and when I talk to my best friend who has known me since I was 11 her memory of me is as a slim person at high school yet mine was as a fat, non-sporty person!
TC My job placement is for 10 weeks and although the ideal is a full time job at the end of it at the very least I will gain fantastic experience and a chance to apply for internal posts.
I had another great day today and was with a one lad most of the day. We did woodwork, cooking, music and English....it was fab!!!
Have a great day.
Sharelle, I have found coming on this site fantastic when I am feeling a wobble coming on...hope we help!!

Sharelle
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Evening all

Ended the day alot more postive than earlier. Been on the treadmill & was listening to Wham on the iPod so just thought I would share this information with you......you cant dance on a treadmill!! :D :D :D

Sharon

takingcontrol
01-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Sharon that's a brilliant mental picture to start my day with, I must try it sometime! YEah to the positive end to the day!

MW I've got everything crossed for you on the job front, sounds great! Talking of thunder thighs, that's what I call myself ha ha! WHen My thighs no longer disgust me, no matter what the number on the scale I'll be super happy!

lhanna well done on the loss! Portion sizes are another of my (many!) enemies on this quest, I'm geting better, but not by much. It's easy while I'm over here becuase Thai portions are typically tiny, or perhaps that's normal but they just seem tiny. But when I'm cooking for myself or eating in a western restaurant I know I have more than I need!

Alimac Enjoy the skiing, and I hope you lose big before you go :)

CofaTree Whoop to your loss well done! Long may it continue :)

So, last night was a success, I went out and drank soda and didn't even want beer, yippee! Came home early had a good nights sleep and woke up fresh this morning, brilliant! Also woke up freezing, it's our winter just kicking in and although days are still hot, nights get really chilly, so I was really glad to jump out of bed and stick the 30 Day Shred on to warm me up. I'm really getting into it now, but NEED to find some dumbbells to up the challenge!

Another busy day here today, but that's good keeps me from snacking and the cycling and walking all add up towards the calorie burn.

Tutoring and then staying in tonight, and cooking at home, so less temptations to get through, yay!

Have a great Thursday everyone :)

Cofa Tree
01-10-2013, 08:40 AM
tc - well done for resisting the calorific beer and for doing your exercise DVD. I can't seem to find the time to do my Zumba DVD...but at the back of my mind, I also know that that is a bit of an excuse...maybe the exercise motivation will come once I'm in the swing of my eating plan.

mw - hope you've had another positive placement day today! You can't underestimate the power of mental positivity to make dieting and exercising so much easier to do, can you?

Sharon - you are now forever pictured as having big hair, pink frosted lipstick and a stonewash ra-ra skirt on in my head, now that I know you were an 80s chick!

Hope everyone is having a fun-filled Thursday...it's time to go and make some lunch now.

I'm Caroline by the way :)

Allimac1
01-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Morning everyone ... hope everyone is doing ok .... feeling a bit hungry and grumpy this morning .... just had some oat bran porridge (allowed on Dukan) and hoping it'll help ....

On a positive note, Friday is casual day at work and all the smallies come in wearing their cool jeans, tops etc. For the past few months I've been wearing my black but NOT TODAY ... Today I decided to cram myself into my jeans (the old reliable ones that had been toooo tight) .... ok, they're still a little tight but I'm hoping the top I'm wearing is loose enough to hide the muffin top!!!

Take care

:)

takingcontrol
01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Meh, why can't dieting be easy? I want it to be life but bad food is so blooming good, arrrrgh!

Cofa Tree - yep, if you look hard enough you'll find time for the workout!

Ali - yay to the jeans :)

Happy weekend everyone, will be back with more to say tomorrow, I'm exhausted just now x

KatDuckie
01-13-2013, 05:08 AM
Good morning all :)

I joined yesterday and found this thread this morning. I've got to say I'm so pleased I found and joined this site when I did! It's so encouraging to read all of your posts - the fantastic weight loss you're experiencing, as well as the problems / set backs which make me realise realise that it's normal to have days when that carrot stick just isn't enough!

My weight loss journey restarted a week ago when i realised that the jeans that were once a bit too big on me were starting to feel a bit tight. And also someone hinting about pregnancy once too often made me realise how much I'd let things slip.

My longterm goal is to get down to a comfortable size 14 and get my BMI to a healthy number. However short term, I'd love to get back into a size 16 (got some pretty things from the last time I lost weight!). Planning on making a return to Zumba this week... Also bought that Zumba music cd over the weekend, so may even make up my own dances. It'll be like primary school all over again!!! :)

Take care everyone. Look forward to chatting with you and good luck on your journeys :)

Cofa Tree
01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi KatDuckie - Welcome to the site! Seems like we have a similar journey to go on! Particularly when you are dieting at home and not through a class, I think a site like this is invaluable for support.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. I was at a funeral on Fri (husband's side of the family) and there were only cakes, sandwiches and nuts to eat for lunch and dinner, so I went waaaaay over my calorie limit. Oh well, I'm in this for the long haul so the occasional blip is fine. Am planning on doing my Zumba DVD tomorrow as my son's in nursery for his first day ahead of my part-time return to work at the end of the month...

takingcontrol
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
I hope everyone has had a good weekend and that there aren't too many Monday blues out there......

Katduckie - welcome! This place is great! Good luck on your journey and come back here often for support and friendship it's bril! I also restarted when clothes were beginning to get tight again, argh! I wish I didn't always roll off the wagon like that. But, as I've said a thousand times, I'll say again, this time it's for good! As for Zumba, I wish I didn't have two left feet and I'd certainly give it a go, but as it is, I'm all over the place!

CofaTree don't worry about the food on Friday, as you say it's got to be realistic. I took Saturday off, just because I was going insane. Getting back on it yesterday was tough, but I did it, and I think a day a week when I can do what I want might be the way forward, and in the long run keep me to plan and not have too many adverse effects! Good luck with the DVD today!

Busy weekend here, which is far from typical! Went out for dinner on Friday, but then came home afterwards and got an early night because Saturday was Karen New Year (the Karen are the ethnic group from Burma that I work with) so I was up way too early and to the refugee camp I work in for the festivities. I avoided snacking, but lunch was huge! Then home and had some beers in the evening with a delicious but not at all healthy Burmese curry. Yesterday I had a pool day, no snacking and healthy meals and in the evening went to an Iron Cross concert, Burma's biggest band who came to play in my town, it was brilliant! The longest set I've ever seen a band do, they came on about about 7.30 and didn't finish until just before midnight! Needless to say I'm knackered today!

Today will be day 8 of the 30 day shred, I'm on course with that so far but think it's going to hurt today, after four hours of jumping and dancing about last night, my knee is painful today, but I'll save it for later and see how it goes!

Can't wait for an on plan week!

Thinking Slim guys :)

PhatPhoenix
01-14-2013, 06:54 AM
Was my son's 18th on Friday so I had some champagne and other naughties. Stopped at one slice of cake, though. Got back on track on the weekend and my Monday weigh in - am down 2KG. Is only my first week, and so I know that is going to slow massively, but it's a nice start. The most interesting thing is the way my measurements have shifted, even just over 7 days. 5cm off my waist even though my period is due.

Well done to everyone and good luck for the coming week, whether you lost or not - just to stay on track is enough, longterm. x

Cofa Tree
01-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Well done PhatPoenix! Both for the weight loss and the inch loss! How are you going about achieving this?

Can't do my Zumba DVD :(. Since a couple of days after Christmas, I've had pain between my shoulder blades and tenderness around my right rib area, particularly at night. It's been keeping me awake and almost on the verge of tears a couple of times. Initially I thought it was trapped wind or indigestion so was trying gaviscon etc, but it's just got worse, despite my Jan health kick, so went to the docs today - she thinks it may be my gallbladder so am having a fasting blood test on Wed and am being booked in for an ultrasound to check what's going on. Have to stay away from alcohol and fatty foods (which I am doing anyway at the mo!) and only do gentle exercise like walking.

Think I'm only on for a one pound loss this week so was wanting to the DVD to try and lose more. Oh well, I just have to keep telling myself, this is a lifestyle change for the long run, so I'll just save the DVD for when I know what's going on and whether it's safe to do it.

purplekitten7
01-14-2013, 10:02 AM
You're all very inspirational! I'm new on here, after many years of fad dieting!
I'm currently at my heaviest ever, and have just finished week one - with 6lbs lost :D

I find it really hard to talk to my friends about my weight loss because a) most are male and just don't understand, b) they're all skinny!

I have an amazing fiance who is trying his best to be supportive, however he also doesn't understand - it's doubley tricky since atm he's trying to bulk up a bit and so he's eating the complete opposite to me! So it would be nice to have some people to talk to who actually get it!

Cofa Tree
01-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi purplekitten7 - welcome to the boards and talk away to us all - I certainly do whether people want to read it or not :D

purplekitten7
01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks Cofa Tree!

I've put on 2 stone overall since I met my partner, and I'm sure he thinks he's being supportive by telling me he still loves me/finds me attractive and would no matter how much I gained...but it's not the most motivating thought!

How do you guys stay motivated to shift the weight?

My motivation is to start a family, I had a miscarriage in 2011 and while everyone tells me it's not my fault - I feel guilty in case my weight was a contributing factor! Unfortunately at the time, the guilt made me put on 3 stone in 18 months from what I was then - comfort eating I suppose :(

takingcontrol
01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
OK, so I need a bit of a me, me, me post in the hope it'll help me get back on track with my eating.......

You may have noticed how I've created a log post, and promptly stopped logging, meh! Because I can't seem to eat well at the moment. I mean, I'm eating better than I would if I wasn't giving it any consideration, but I've lost my ability to just eat three good meals and NOT SNACK!

Exercise is going well. I'm loving the 30 day shred, but I still feel MEH MEH MHE on the food related front. So, I hereby promise to do better FROM NOW! NOt from tomorrow, from now!

I'll be back tomorrow triumphant and in a better mood and ready to do personals :)

Keep going everyone :)

curleycarr
01-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Sharelle...sounds to me that you are doing great, let's recap....1. healthy eating 2. a dreaded photo (that's a brave move right there) and 3. starting exercising. That's awesome, pat yourself on the back....as my 6 year old woukd say....You Rock!!!

Cofa Tree
01-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi curleycarr - I see we have the same start weight and same desired end weight! Because of my (lack of) height, I'm supposed to be at least another half stone less to be in the correct bmi category, but thought 154 was a good goal to aim for.

Hope everyone is managing to keep on track. Got my second weigh-in tomorrow so we'll see what that brings. Had an up and down week, but hoping it'll come out positive overall.

Just think how much less we'll all weigh this time next week if we keep on track... :carrot:

Cofa Tree
01-16-2013, 04:12 AM
Woo, 2 more pounds lost! Initially I'd hoped for more after last week's 5lbs, but it's not been an easy week and was looking like it'd be a 1lb loss, so I'm chuffed with the 2lb. That's half a stone in two weeks, without really doing any exercise other than aiming for a 45 min walk every day.

Good luck everyone for your next weigh-in!

PinkWaterfall
01-16-2013, 05:05 AM
Hello Fellow-UKers!!

I'm living in Japan at the moment, but am returning to the UK for good in the summer - hopefully looking fab!

I just had a 2 week break back in UK for Christmas and put on 5kgs eating all the foods I can't get in Japan. I'm now doing the Dukan Diet and hopefully will shed that weight.

Hope everyone is back on the wagon now the festive period is over!

KatDuckie
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Good evening chicks :)

Hope you're all well and have had a good day. I thought about having a rant to let off some steam but now I've sat down to do it, I've realised that actually, I have nothing to be miserable about so no idea where this bad mood has come from!!! Had a really healthy day today. A colleague offered me hot chocolate and a biscuit and I turned them down, then someone else offered me a sweet and that was also refused!!! I think I surprised everyone, including myself.

Recent weigh-in (at my house, with my partner!) revealed I've now lost 7 lbs in my first 10 days or so, so I am over the moon... Clearly doing something right, eh? Hopefully making a return to Zumba on Friday and if not, (the weather up here has been terrible... don't fancy risking it all just to wiggle my bum!) I've got the Zumba DVD all ready to play! Takingcontrol you should definitely give Zumba a go... doesn't matter if you have two left feet. Just don't stand near anyone :P

Cofa sounds like it's working well for you. Are you following Slimming World / WeightWatchers or something? We're aiming for the same kind of target weight I notice :)

Purplekitten how is the drinking water going?! I completely agree with what you say about not being able to talk to skinny friends about losing weight. The second I mention wanting to lose a few stone, little miss so slim she'd get knocked over by a gust of wind pipes up 'oh yeah, I'm on a diet, too'. WHAT?! Oh dear!

Stay positive everyone and keep up the good work :)

Cofa Tree
01-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi PinkWaterfall - welcome to the boards! And good luck...:)

I made yoghurt and chilli chicken salad tonight, yum - four chicken breasts, 200g natural or Greek yoghurt, couple of tablespoons of chilli powder and a handful of coriander (makes four portions). Had one portion, one for tomorrow and two to freeze. Had it with a 'ploughman's salad' - salad leaves, 10 grapes, 4 pickled onions, about 15g cheddar, and an apple, all chopped up and mixed together, and together with the chicken, it only comes out at 289 calories.

Anyone else have any fab tasty recipes?

Edited to add - mix the chilli, yoghurt and chopped coriander, pour this over the chicken breasts, and then cook for 30 minutes at about gas mark 6

Cofa Tree
01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
KatDuckie - I'm using the My Fitness Pal app to calorie count...the main advantage being that it's free! And this forum is the equivalent of going to a class...it does seem to be working at the minute! Well done you for resisting work temptation :)

KatDuckie
01-16-2013, 03:42 PM
That recipe sounds lovely... May have to give that a go. And this My Fitness Pal sounds like a good plan too as it certainly sounds like it's working for you :) I used this (rather bizarre) equation to work out how many calories I should be eating per day to maintain the weight I am (based on weight and height) and, as far as I can work out, I'm eating below that. But I think having something to help me with the calories would be helpful.

Cofa Tree
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah, MFP works out how many calories you should be on depending on how much weight you would like to lose each week, and then it's just about how you want to fill your plate to add up to those calories (and it tells you off for not eating enough if you are too far under your allowance!). You can also log exercise and it'll adjust your daily allowance accordingly.

I like lists and spreadsheets so it appeals to my anal nature to log all I'm eating! But if your approach is working then that's all good!

KatDuckie
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I've found it helps to make a list of everything I'm eating, too. May have something to do with my slightly anal obsession with lists, too..?!?! I tried to make a list of everything I ate before starting this healthy eating kick, but got very upset when I filled a full A5 page eeeek!

Allimac1
01-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Hi Pinkwaterfall, I'm doing Dukan too .... I've been on it for 2 weeks and I'm down 8 lbs .... was hoping to be down a bit more but saying that I'm feeling so much better in myself :)

Cofatree, that recipe sounds delicious and something I can have on Dukan .... mmmm ..... (except for the fruit in the Ploughman's salad, will substitute with eggies).

Onwards and inwards :carrot:

Cofa Tree
01-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Allimac, is tomorrow casual day at work again? Have you decided what you are going to wear to wow them this time?! 8lbs lost is fab...if you hadn't decide to change your habits just two weeks ago, then you'd still be lugging that around with you!

Allimac1
01-18-2013, 04:56 AM
Aw thank's Cofa Tree .... yeah, casual day today at work .... I bought a top last week in a smaller size than usual :) and picked up a pair of trousers yesterday in Wallis (as in NOT A PAIR OF LEGGINGS) .... I'm feeling very brave, won't be wowing anyone soon though!!!! The scales aren't moving this week and apart from a slight hic-up yesterday I am back on track.

Hope everyone is doing ok?????

Crunchy Pip
01-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Hi guys. NE England here. Got about half a stone to loose. I calorie count and work out (spinning, step aerobics and weights). I also have a nasty habit of binging. Oh dear.

Cofa Tree
01-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Hurrah for Allimac's new found confidence showing in her clothing choices! And a top in a smaller size than usual must feel good. It must be coming off even if the scales aren't showing it.

Hi Crunchy Pip - welcome! Wow, you do a lot of exercise...hopefully that half a stone will be off in no time.

Crunchy Pip
01-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks Cofa. I've got spinning tonight. It really bruises the bones of your arse. lol

How's your weight loss journey going?

Brid
01-18-2013, 02:55 PM
So many new people! New year's resolutions to get in shape, I'm guessing? Makes a nice change, it was getting ever so quiet around here before Christmas.

Sharelle - barrel-photo is actually a Very Good Thing, because it's a record of where you're starting. Hang on to it, and look back at it a few months down the line, and take another in the same pose to compare, and then be very pleased with the difference between the two.

Purplekitten - it is indeed a bugger when you're trying to lose weight and your partner's trying to gain it. When I got with mine he weighed less than half what I did. I managed to lose four stone while he's gained one, but it's a bit difficult at the moment because he's doing all the cooking, and he thinks meals should be 50% meat, 50% carbs, with a vegetable garnish. Starting a family was my motivation too - due in seven weeks, and really looking forward to getting back to the healthy eating afterwards!

*waves* to TC and MW, glad to see you're both getting on well. How's the snow, MW?

I'm trying hard not to let the number on the scales bother me at the moment. It's two stone more than it was six months ago. But on the plus side, it's two stone less than it was a year ago, and that's worth celebrating, right?

Crunchy Pip
01-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Brid, you sound like me. Yo-yo dieter?

PinkWaterfall
01-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Mine wasn't so much as a New Year's resolution... I went home for Christmas (for the first time in 3 and a half years) and I was determined to eat all the food I missed from England (and drink all the drinks). I was not going to say "no" to anything :)

New Years just happens to be after Christmas :)

Crunchy Pip
01-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Guys, if you go over your calorie intake for the day, do you shave calories off your next day?

Brid
01-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Not so much yo-yoing, more sort of never bothered until February last year. Getting pregnant threw a bit of a spanner in the weight-loss works. Planning to get back to it as soon as I can though, when the insane urge to eat all the carbs in the world has passed!

01-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi all and welcome to the new faces. This thread is certainly busy! :D

I haven't been on for a while, lots of 'real life' stuff going on. But I am still being good and losing weight, in fact I am 5lbs from my ticker goal and I am now at my original goal of 10 stone exactly!

Hope you are all doing well.

Crunchy Pip
01-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi all and welcome to the new faces. This thread is certainly busy! :D

I haven't been on for a while, lots of 'real life' stuff going on. But I am still being good and losing weight, in fact I am 5lbs from my ticker goal and I am now at my original goal of 10 stone exactly!

Hope you are all doing well.

Wow. Well done!! :carrot:

Cofa Tree
01-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi 1987, I'm planning on sticking around for a while whilst I get this healthy living thing sorted...looks like you've got it sussed so I hope I can follow in your footsteps :)

Cofa Tree
01-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Guys, if you go over your calorie intake for the day, do you shave calories off your next day?
Yes I do, or make sure I do some exercise the following day but don't record it on My Fitness Pal. I think it's absolutely fine to have the odd day where things don't go to plan, but then I'd try to balance it out over the following days so that overall the week is back on track.

What have you been doing if you go over?

rs87
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I've been using My Fitness Pal to count calories, and it was working fairly well - I aimed to eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day, and lost 4 lb in the first two weeks. Started swimming once a week, and picked up running again. I was going to start pilates once a week at the local leisure centre too.

I got a kidney infection and have completely fallen off the wagon :-( No exercise for a week and can only keep doing my day-to-day necessaries by consuming sugar to keep me going. I managed to lose another pound despite that though!

Cofa Tree
01-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Hey, a pound lost is still a pound in the right direction! :)

Allimac1
01-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Hey, a pound lost is still a pound in the right direction! :)

And so say all of us!!! :)

Cofa Tree
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Oh yes, Allimac :)

So how are we all today? Any Monday weigh-ins to report on? Anyone need a collective kick up the bum or a big 'well done'?!

I think I'm doing ok, but Wednesday is my weigh-in. Still not got much exercise motivation other than 45min walks but sticking to my calorie allowance and it is coming off...a pound or two at a time.

I'm cooking quite a bit from the Hairy Dieters cookbook and really enjoying it. Plus doing proper portions and freezing any left-overs rather than just dishing it all up. Healthy eating habits is the aim...

Anyone else got any good sources of low-calorie recipes that still taste and look like proper dinners?

Allimac1
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Had my weigh-in today Cofa Tree and I'm now down 12 lbs and was down inches as well which is probably more important!!

Feeling very positive :)

I haven't seen the Hairy Dieters cookbook, might look into that.

I am on the Dukan diet which is really low carb but for my main meal I usually have fish, chicken or other meat (excluding lamb and pork) and I have it with vegs and a Dukan pancake - you mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of oat bran with an egg and 1 1/2 tablespoons of light philadelphia and then fry it in small bit of oil (I am using Coconut oil at the moment, might be slightly higher in saturated fat but it is meant to have great health benefits and tastes nice) ... anyway, lightly fry for about 3 mins a side and it is really delicious - I am feeling so much better since I went off pasta, rice, potatoes, bread etc. This pancake fills the gap, give it a try :)

Brid
01-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Low calorie versions of proper dinners are easy if you can limit the carb part. So if it's meat and veg and potatoes, just go for extra veg and very little potato. If it's a pasta dish, I find replacing the pasta with a big pile of vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower for me) works well.

No weigh in for me today, but only six weeks to go until I should drop about a stone overnight. Can't wait!

Cofa Tree
01-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Allimac - that pancake does sound good! Will have to give it a go.

Brid - how exciting for six weeks time. Hope you don't go two weeks over like me! I'd dropped a stone and a half below my pregnancy weight (it was a bad pregnancy) by the month after giving birth, but unfortunately eight months down the line, I've put that all back on :o

Cofa Tree
01-23-2013, 04:15 AM
It's my Wednesday weekly weigh-in time....and 4lbs lost which I'm amazed at! That makes 11lbs in total since 1st Jan...and I'm eating a couple of squares of chocolate a day (my 'treat' within my daily allowance). I thought I was on course for another one or two pound loss, but it seemed to just fall off in the last day or so.

Still holding exercise in reserve (have to wait for docs ok as undergoing tests) but hopefully I can get the all-clear in the next fortnight or so and then start shredding/Zumba-ing at home.

Very proud of myself so far :)

Hope everyone else in on track and feeling fab at their progress.

Allimac1
01-23-2013, 05:54 AM
Well done Cofa Tree :)

Cofa Tree
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks Allimac :). Oh, you've removed your lovely pic from your avatar! Still, it's nice to reward yourself with the 10lbs lost award!

Allimac1
01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Aw shucks Cofa Tree, wait until you see the pic I post AFTER my weight loss :)

I think the new avatar is a good incentive and I'm copying April Snow, looking forward to being able to change it to 15lbs and so on!!

Cofa Tree
01-24-2013, 03:27 AM
Aw shucks Cofa Tree, wait until you see the pic I post AFTER my weight loss :)
The new slinky you will look a-maz-ing!

And at this rate, you'll be onto the 15lbs one soon...

Went to see my parents yesterday and my mum would usually comment if I'd visibly lost weight but she didn't so I guess my 11lbs isn't showing yet...:( I always think when you carry a lot of weight, you can lose a stone or so before it actually starts to show cos there's so much to come off, if that makes sense. That's what I told myself anyway!

Leaves
01-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi guys!

I haven't been around in a long time- definitely fell off the wagon over Christmas! Determined to get back on track though :)
Found lots of fitness class videos on youtube that i'm struggling my way through, hoping they'll get easier soon!

Looking forward to some more chat soon ^_^

Crunchy Pip
01-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi guys!

I haven't been around in a long time- definitely fell off the wagon over Christmas! Determined to get back on track though :)
Found lots of fitness class videos on youtube that i'm struggling my way through, hoping they'll get easier soon!

Looking forward to some more chat soon ^_^

Do you do the fitness videos on your own? It might be more fun (and more motivational) to join a fitness class at your local gym?

Leaves
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Hey Crunchy Pip

I do at the minute, I'm a uni student so money is quite tight and the uni gym is pricey! I think I'd be quite shy at a group class, but I'm fairly happy bouncing around the living room with the music up :)

I'm also doing weekly swimming and badminton sessions with some friends who are looking to shape up too- good fun but we always end up chatting a lot!

Crunchy Pip
01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Sounds like you've got a good balance Leaves.

What are you studying btw?

Cofa Tree
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Good luck with the fitness videos, Leaves. And Christmas is now in the past so I'm glad you've been able to put it to one side and make a fresh start...the only way is down (the scales, dress sizes and vital statistics!) :)

Crunchy Pip
01-24-2013, 02:56 PM
I binged, binged, BINGED over Christmas and put on half a stone!! Eeeeek!

I'm really paying for it now.

Cofa Tree
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Well...what else would you be doing with your January, Crunchy Pip? Surely this month is all about sorting out the damage done by Christmas! :D

theoneandonlyc
01-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi Everybody! Newbie here!

So I started my new diet on Monday. No specific diet but I'm eating less and making better choices. I have been REALLY good since I started but the first week-end is coming and I have friends coming over for dinner on Saturday!
Terrified I will eat/drink too much and ruin my hard work!
C.

Crunchy Pip
01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Are any of you guys doing alternative day fasting or the 5:2 diet?

lolloveschocolate
01-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Crunch pip. I tried the 5:2 diet but have found it difficult when at home. All the time at work or busy it's doable but I tend to lose it when I get home. I really would like to have a serious crack at it though.

Crunchy Pip
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Crunch pip. I tried the 5:2 diet but have found it difficult when at home. All the time at work or busy it's doable but I tend to lose it when I get home. I really would like to have a serious crack at it though.

I've started my first fasting day today. It's uber hard. Haven't ate yet. I'm trying to hold off till supper time.

lolloveschocolate
01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Well done for giving it a go at the weekend. I'll be trying week days.

Crunchy Pip
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Well done for giving it a go at the weekend. I'll be trying week days.

I chose to start today because every Saturday my husband gives me a lie-in, so I didn't wake up until 12.30 ;) lol That's half the day gone and I didn't even know I was fasting!

My tummy is seriously gurgling now though. I'm trying to focus on the chocolate I will eat tomorrow :D

What diet are you currently following?

lolloveschocolate
01-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Right now I'm in between diets but Monday is d day for me. Back to gym too.

Crunchy Pip
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Right now I'm in between diets but Monday is d day for me. Back to gym too.

Good for you. In the meantime, do you do what I do when I'm inbetween diets and gorge just before you're due to start? Just to enjoy that last taste of freedom?

That's partly the reason I'm now doing 5:2. I'm hoping it will help rid me of the 'forbidden food' allure.

lolloveschocolate
01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I had to laugh when I read that you gorge before starting again. That's why I'm not doing it today. Still eating all the goodies in the fridge. It's like you know me. Hahaha.

Crunchy Pip
01-26-2013, 02:30 PM
I had to laugh when I read that you gorge before starting again. That's why I'm not doing it today. Still eating all the goodies in the fridge. It's like you know me. Hahaha.

haha yes you have to eat every last crumb of bad stuff in the fridge or cupboards before you can start :D Enjoy every mouthful.

Cofa Tree
01-26-2013, 03:50 PM
I did that with all my Christmas chocs before starting calorie counting on 1st January...only to find I could fit in one bit of chocolate a day within my allowance so I had to then buy extra...oops!

Crunchy Pip
01-26-2013, 04:34 PM
I did that with all my Christmas chocs before starting calorie counting on 1st January...only to find I could fit in one bit of chocolate a day within my allowance so I had to then buy extra...oops!

haha that's what's happening to me. Cause you can eat chocolate on the 5:2 diet :D It really is an awesome diet.

lolloveschocolate
01-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I know you can still have chocolate on the 5:2 but I can't stop at a little bit. If I could then I wouldn't need to lose all this weight. I'm afraid I have to be quite restrictive and try to save it for the weekend.

rs87
01-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Hi all !
I've decided to share my weekly weigh-in.
I'm 12 stone which means I've lost only 4lbs since I started on January 1st, and gained 1lb since last week :( - I've been ill with a kidney infection and knew my diet had slipped but I'm still upset. I'll be getting back on the bandwagon now that I'm almost fighting fit again! I'm not doing a particular diet, just calorie counting and increasing my exercise. x

lolloveschocolate
01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi all !
I've decided to share my weekly weigh-in.
I'm 12 stone which means I've lost only 4lbs since I started on January 1st, and gained 1lb since last week :( - I've been ill with a kidney infection and knew my diet had slipped but I'm still upset. I'll be getting back on the bandwagon now that I'm almost fighting fit again! I'm not doing a particular diet, just calorie counting and increasing my exercise. x

Welcome. Don't worry bout a small gain. If you've been unwell your body won't respond well to exercise. Calorie counting is probably the best thing to be doing. Keep your chin up.

01-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Hey girlies, just checking in to say hope you are all doing well.

My weightloss has been slower than usual this month, but I guess it's harder to lose now that I'm closer to goal. I'm down 5lbs so far, which is certainly nothing to complain about. I also hit the 6 stone loss mark this week :carrot:

I am now in the 130's, I never thought I'd get here! This forum has helped me so much, I am so pleased I joined up when I did.

Have a great week everyone xxx

takingcontrol
01-28-2013, 10:52 AM
back again, mini wobble is over......!

I got sick, and sickness is always when I FAIL at 'the new me!'

Ahhhh well, back on it, and it feels good!

Welcome to all the newbies, I'll be here much more again now and looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting back involved in the chat :)

Leaves
01-28-2013, 11:35 AM
back again, mini wobble is over......!

I got sick, and sickness is always when I FAIL at 'the new me!'

Ahhhh well, back on it, and it feels good!

Welcome to all the newbies, I'll be here much more again now and looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting back involved in the chat :)

Hope you're feeling well again now!

Weekends are my downfall, having my boyfriend at home all day eating chocolates all the time is difficult :(

Cofa Tree
01-28-2013, 03:57 PM
rs87 - hey, you. Don't worry about the past, and focus on the now. If you were ill, then your body needed to recover. Dust yourself off and look forward :). You're three pounds lighter than you were three weeks ago, so three more weeks and maybe you'll be nearly half a stone lighter than you were on 1st Jan.

Every pound really does count...

1987 - well done! Six stone lost? That's amazing! If I can be half as successful as you've been then I'll be chuffed, so you must feel AMAZING when you look back at what you've achieved!

takingcontrol - hurrah, you've returned! I was wondering what had happened - are you feeling better now?

Leaves - :( could you tell him you need his support and ask if he can not eat them in front of you? Or, could you buy some of the high cocoa content chocolate so you can have a very small square and not feel left out but not need to eat that much to get the 'hit'?

Leaves
01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Will definitely be my plan on the next supermarket trip. Unfortunately we have a huge tin of Roses left over from Christmas though!

Cofa Tree
01-30-2013, 03:34 AM
Weekly Wednesday weigh-in time...2lbs lost! Had a bad Monday as was back at work (part time) after the end of my maternity leave so was a bit anxious about returning and leaving my little man at nursery, and somehow ate an unplanned two bread rolls with my soup and a four finger Kit Kat bar to try and make it better...

So, 2lbs is a good steady loss - one more pound next week and I'll have lost a stone since 1st Jan.

Any other Wednesday weigh-ins out there?

Leaves
01-30-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm feeling so disheartened today- been working so hard for the past week, put my favourite pink jeans on this morning and they feel tighter than ever! :(

01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
rs87 - hey, you. Don't worry about the past, and focus on the now. If you were ill, then your body needed to recover. Dust yourself off and look forward :). You're three pounds lighter than you were three weeks ago, so three more weeks and maybe you'll be nearly half a stone lighter than you were on 1st Jan.

Every pound really does count...

1987 - well done! Six stone lost? That's amazing! If I can be half as successful as you've been then I'll be chuffed, so you must feel AMAZING when you look back at what you've achieved!

takingcontrol - hurrah, you've returned! I was wondering what had happened - are you feeling better now?

Leaves - :( could you tell him you need his support and ask if he can not eat them in front of you? Or, could you buy some of the high cocoa content chocolate so you can have a very small square and not feel left out but not need to eat that much to get the 'hit'?

Thank you :D you can do this too, I promise! :D

Heh, I do feel SO much better about myself but I still have problem areas and I definitely need to tone up.

I'm down to 137lbs as of today, but I am definitely dropping my goal again as I have more to lose. It's weird, when I first started losing weight I would have thought 137lbs was tiny but now I am living it, I can see I have a way to go.

Hope everyone is having a good week xxx

takingcontrol
01-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Hello all!

So, I have a new battle plan, Wednesday evenings are down time, along with a carefully portioned section of each weekend, depending on what's happening. I want this to be for life, and being 'perfect' all the time isn't a reality, so this way will hopefully make it stick!

Needless to say, last night was lovely, Burrito, a couple of beers and some dark chocolate! Before that I had a great 2.5 days of on planness with exercise and diet, and this morning I've woken with a renewed determination to keep at this.

1987 You have done amazingly well, congrats! I also remember when my end weight seemed to small, but I too think I'll have to lower, there's no way my legs are going to look good at 150, but at over 200 135 - 140 just seemed the stuff of dreams! Good luck with your toning, are you using any sort of exercise regime?

Leaves firstly, I LOVE that you have pink jeans! Today is a new day, keep plugging away. You KNOW that if you keep on making good choices soon enough you'll be rocking those jeans, and if not you wont. It's that simple, keep going!

CofaTree whoop to the loss! I'm not weighing in at all at the moment, but maybe I'll join your Wednesday club when I restart! How's work going now? Did you little one enjoy nursery? And yes, I'm feeling much better thank you! Just had a nasty cold/chesty cough bug but it really took some shifting, I'm back with a bang now though :)

Have a great Thursday everyone :)

takingcontrol
01-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Just realised it's the last day of January today, so perhaps a good time to reflect on what we've all achieved so far in 2013 and to make our own pledges for February, taking whatever form you like!

Feel free to copy and paste the format below and fill in your answers to all or some of the statements, or just write what you have/want to achieve in a post. In a month it'll be great to look back and see how far we've come!

I'll think about mine and be back to post later on......

I'm proud that I ............................... in January

My January journey taught me ..................... the hard way

In January I slipped up when I .......................... and I'll ..................... to try to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

In February I will .........................................

In February I won't ......................................

In February I hope that ................................

Cofa Tree
01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Yes, I think my 'ideal' bmi weight is about another 14lbs under my goal, but that just seems too far away at the moment...if I can get as close as poss to my goal before I get pregnant again, then maybe the ultimate aim can be for that lower goal after baby number two...

CofaTree whoop to the loss! I'm not weighing in at all at the moment, but maybe I'll join your Wednesday club when I restart! How's work going now? Did you little one enjoy nursery? And yes, I'm feeling much better thank you! Just had a nasty cold/chesty cough bug but it really took some shifting, I'm back with a bang now
Thanks - i'm very pleased with myself :). Glad you are feeling better and good on you for getting back on it. Work was a lot better today and I didn't feel the need to (over)eat. Little man is having a whale of a time at nursery so I'm happy he's settled and our new routine is all starting to fall into place.

Cofa Tree
01-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Great idea takingcontrol!

I'm proud that I made healthy eating choices throughout the whole of January

My January journey taught me that mindless snacking is a shocking way of racking up calories

In January I slipped up when I was anxious about change and I'll allow extra healthy snacks if I'm in a similar situation to try to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

In February I will limit my drinking to a glass of wine per day at the weekend to ensure I don't wreck the good work done in Jan (didn't drink at all in Jan)

In February I won't lose focus and won't stop making food from scratch

In February I hope that I lose enough to fit into the dress I deliberately bought in the next dress size down

AlmostMe
02-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Today I went to see an osteopath who works out of a dance studio - Pineapple Studios if you've seen the reality tv show. I needed to use the ladies and went thru the changing rooms. My goodness, did I feel gargantuan!! So many teeny tiny willowy people. I use open showers at my yoga studios and don't feel this big. And of course though I'm a big gal on my rugby team - there are a whole range of sizes in the changing rooms.

And the osteo, who obviously sees lots of dancers, was comparing my physique - saying how much more stable and strong I was than the dancers he sees - and that I'm heavily muscled and that although I have some problems with flexibility - I'll never be super flexible, but that there's strength in that.

Be proud of your strengths!!

Besides I could have picked up and thrown aside a lot of those gals :devil:
___
I'm proud that I didn't smoke and kept on with my fitness plans and lost 8-9 pounds in January

My January journey taught me that I need to find other ways to comfort myself besides food.

In January I slipped up here and there by eating past my 'satiety' point and I'll eat more slowly and mindfully to try to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

In February I will keep running and start lifting and keep going to yoga!

In February I won't smoke!

In February I hope that get to play some rugby and don't break anything (on me!)

Cofa Tree
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
AlmostMe - core strength and stability are definitely attributes to be proud of! How's the no smoking going? Must be tough to be doing it with healthy eating as well, but the benefits will be amazing.

How's everyone else doing? I've been sticking to my calorie limits and walking most days this week, but seem to be on for a one pound loss at my weekly weigh-in tomorrow am. Would have liked to have lost a bit more, particularly as I know I haven't cheated myself in any way, but hey-ho, a pound off is still a pound in the right direction.

Had an ultrasound scan yesterday and been diagnosed with a gallstone. Seeing the doctor tomorrow and not sure what changes I'll need to make. Bit frustrated as wanted the all-clear to get on with Zumba and 30day shred, but as it hurts to do anything more than a brisk walk, I don't think I'll get the go ahead tomorrow to resume...and a gallstone attack is sooooo painful that I'm not going to go against medical advice if it increases the likelihood of another attack!

Cofa Tree
02-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Me again...bit lonely in this chat thread :)

Lost 2lbs this week so all going in the right direction. Wish I could speed it up with exercise but can't at minute (see post above), so will just stick to what I'm doing.

Hope everyone has a fit and healthy Wednesday!

lolloveschocolate
02-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Well done on your loss this week. I'm not stepping on the scales until Friday but am hoping for a pound at least. Went to gym last night and hope to go again tomorrow night. Keep up the good work.

AlmostMe
02-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Hey there! Cofa Tree - gallstones? Sounds terrible! Brisk walking is still great exercise.

Yep, no smoking for me. I had a couple of drags on a night out...but been good since.

Leaves
02-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Just found out that I've got a place on a course to train to be a music teacher this September! :D

Treated myself to a delicious pear :)

Cofa Tree
02-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the support lol and AlmostMe :).

Are you enjoying the gym, lol? Hopefully two sessions in a week will certainly help you lose!

Well done AlmostMe...how much is your 15th April bet for?! Sounds like just the sort of motivation that would spur me on too!

Congrats Leaves...bet that pear tasted fab!

Leaves
02-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Definitely did! I'm now anxiously awaiting last semester's results to be posted online. No idea what time they're meant to go up :(

How is everyone doing? :)

AlmostMe
02-07-2013, 05:59 PM
The bet is with my brother. We never agreed a forfeit. I don't even know if he's still going with it...so my prize is to be able to say "Ha Ha! I did it!!!" Nothing better.

lolloveschocolate
02-08-2013, 03:28 AM
morning all!! cofatree- gym good thanks and yeaterday i walked there too which added extra calories used to my goal. 3 lb down today so i was doing something right.:)
hope you are ok and good luck to all for the comming week.

purplekitten7
02-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Hello everyone, I might be a bit late joining but I've been on 3fc for about a month and have only just noticed this thread - aren't I observant! Can I join you? I'm 22, and have always struggled with my weight. I'm currently on my 5th day of being back on plan after 2 weeks AWOL with a bad back and complete lack of will power. I'm calorie counting and trying to exercise 3 times a week, but am doing 30DS so am hoping to keep it up every day! (I missed last night due to last physio on my back but fully intend to attempt it twice tonight to make up for it - brave!) My "official" weigh in is on Monday and I'm hoping to have undone some of the damage from my time AWOL!

Leaves
02-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi there! Of course you can join!

Congrats for getting back on the wagon and good luck for your Monday weigh-in :)

Cofa Tree
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Well done lol! 3lbs down is fab news!

AlmostMe - that's exactly the sort of bet I'd have with my brother, and the satisfaction of showing him I could do it would be the best reward!

Leaves - have you had your results yet?

Purplekitten7 - how are you getting on with 30DS? Takingcontrol (who seems to have disappeared :) ) was swearing by it and it's on my list to give it a go. Good luck for tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a fab weekend - I unfortunately went over my My Fitness Pal limit today, yesterday and Friday due to family celebrations, but real life will always have good days and bad days, and it's all about how a healthy lifestyle fits into the majority of your week...

Leaves
02-11-2013, 06:10 AM
Cofa Tree: Yes I did, good results all round! I would have liked slightly higher marks, but with uni work, anywhere between 60-69 is a 2:1 so it doesn't matter about the numbers in the end :)

Need to get back on track today, my parents surprised me and my boyfriend with a visit yesterday and took us to pizza hut for dinner, goodness knows how many calories that was :(

purplekitten7
02-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Leaves - thanks! I weighed myself this morning and....225 so I'm down another 3lbs = YAY

Cofa tree - I love 30DS, I didn't manage to do it over the weekend because, well I don't really have an excuse I guess I was just a bit lazy! But I really miss it, I need Jillian in my life! haha.

I had a bit of a naughty weekend all round really, did some exercise and counted my calories but they were higher than normal and cooked my fella a big breakfast yesterday - thought I managed to restrict myself to the slice of bacon and my healthier omelette like I planned so yay for willpower, and I worked it into my calories so I think it went quite well really. It's nice to know I can enjoy "real life" a bit and not go overboard and eat EVERYTHING!

takingcontrol
02-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I keep getting sick, so keep disappearing..... Back again, sigh!

I've never had so many bouts of cold/flu/fever in my life! Don't think being healthy is good for me!

I'm back on eating well, but not upping my exercise beyond cycling to work and around and walking here and there until I feel perfectly well again.

It's so frustrating, becuase I love exercising, but in the heat/humidity here seems to be too much for me!

So, another few days off and then I'll do a little and see how I go!

Back with personals tomorrow :)

Keep doing great everyone!

lolloveschocolate
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
hello everyone! hope youve all had a great weekend? i managed to keep on track over the with the help of a couple of swimming sessions so am pleased with myself for that cause i always go off the rails at the wkend!
am off to the gym again tonight and hope to burn at least 250 cals, then yummy curry for dinner.:)

Cofa Tree
02-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi takingcontrol...hope you can stay healthy through all these illnesses! I was wondering if you were still suffering.

Well done Leaves! You must be pleased with yourself.

Purplekitten7 - 3lbs down is fab! And yes, I think you have to allow yourself to be flexible cos life won't always support a diet!

Lolloveschocolate - swimming and gym...very active! Hope the curry was indeed yum!

purplekitten7
02-12-2013, 05:35 AM
So it's pancake day today, and I'm babysitting my nephew and my fella is staying with me so pancakes are definitely happening. I've planned some "healthy" options, I think. But to be honest I'm not sure. So I wanted to run it past you guys to see if you have any opinions or suggestions.
I was thinking a bit of Greek yoghurt and some blueberries and/banana?

AlmostMe
02-12-2013, 06:36 AM
It's pancake day?? I always miss this, being American. But my son comes back from school the next day and says "Mummy, why didn't we have pancakes?" Thanks for the reminder.

purplekitten7
02-12-2013, 06:55 AM
No problem AlmostMe, I would be in serious trouble if I forgot! He informed me at the weekend that he wanted pancakes for breakfast lunch and dinner! Nice try kiddo!

Cofa Tree
02-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't really use the MFP forum, but I logged onto the website yesterday rather than using the app and this topic caught my eye:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496546-low-calorie-pancakes-under-30-calories-each

Not sure what a 'normal' pancake would be calorie-wise and how it compares to this...probably can't be too much in it? But anyway, at least this recipe allows you to be aware of how much they are. And yes, I would think a dollop of Greek yoghurt and some berries would be a good treat...

purplekitten7
02-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks Cofa Tree, I've put my ingredients etc on MFP and have allowed for it in my calories for today, its a good reminder not to snack on anything I shouldn't or else I won't be allowed them later! I'm also gonna get back on 30DS beforehand so I really earn those pancakes! I've had a shocking 5 day break - so wish me luck, I think I'm gonna die again

Cofa Tree
02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Good luck with the 30DS...

Note to self - try a recipe before posting the link...the pancakes weren't very nice :(. Too salty and more like scotch pancakes rather than traditional pancakes.

Leaves
02-13-2013, 04:08 AM
I ate too many pancakes. Oh dear :(
At least I hardly ate anything during the day so it won't be too bad, but I feel like such a piggy!

Cofa Tree
02-13-2013, 05:07 AM
Ha, hope you enjoyed them though Leaves!

It had to happen - I've had my first no loss weigh in since starting the healthy eating at start of Jan. No real reason for it other than life intervening, but I'd gone over my calorie limit every day from Tues to Sun, not majorly except the Sun, but just not quite on track. I'd put a pound or two on, which I've now lost since Mon, but it was too little too late for today's weigh in and I'm still at what I was this time last week.

:( I know I haven't gained but just a bit disappointed in myself for letting it slip for a couple of days. Just more determined now to make sure I lose something this week...

purplekitten7
02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Good Morning girlies, I made the mistake of buying a packet mix of pancake stuff for last night...and it was rubbish - the first 4 pancakes I attempted just failed completely so I managed to get 3 out of the whole packet - which I suppose was a blessing since I could only eat one!

30DS - I completed it, I survived it and more importantly I completed all the jumping jacks without having to substitute - that is the first time I've ever managed to complete all the sets without having to switch to jogging on the spot or something so I feel SO proud. It may be a mini victory - but it feels pretty huge to me!

lolloveschocolate
02-13-2013, 09:00 AM
afternoon all:)
just got back from gym n swim. tired but feel good about it too. i didnt get around to having pancakes yesterday so am gonna have one tonight. plan to have lemon curd inside and berries on top as a dessert. yummy.
Cofa Tree; dont beat yourself up about a gain this week, youve had things to do and its not like you just gave up and overate is it? now your back on track things will continue to move. life happens:)

Leaves
02-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Cofa: Don't feel too bad, life happens! I have to let myself go a little sometimes, otherwise I'd just be miserable all the time. As long as you don't give up, it's all good :)

Purplekitten: Go you! I suck at jumping exercises and always end up jogging, haha.

Lol: That sounds yummy, I've never thought about having lemon curd with them!

Anybody else have snow? I was considering taking up jogging for lent, instead of giving something up, but the weather is so yucky :(

purplekitten7
02-13-2013, 10:52 AM
lol - ooh that does sound yummy!

Leaves - Thanks! And it's literally just started snowing here (it snowed pretty heavy Sunday night but had been disappearing since) I hope it doesn't continue though - it's far too cold! I really like your idea of taking up jogging instead of giving something up for lent, I'm up for joining you if you fancy it! The weather sucks but we can conquer all! lol

purplekitten7
02-14-2013, 05:23 AM
Morning ladies, hope everyone is having a better day that me!

Valentines day is off to a rubbish start for me, argued with my fella last night, argued with him this morning, feeling like poo and just want to dive into a giant bar of chocolate!

The one and only thing stopping me right now is that I'm noticing (or I'm imagining) that my body is starting to change shape a little! My legs are getting more toned and most of my clothes are starting to feel a little loose (only a little but still) so while my scale isn't showing much change - I feel like I'm moving forward. So I'm not gonna let a stupid boy ruin this for me, I deserve it.

I hope my day improves though :(

Leaves
02-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Purple::hug: Sorry you've had such a bad day! Why not take some time to focus on loving yourself and give yourself a pampering session? Always makes me feel better. Hope you guys make up soon!

purplekitten7
02-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks Leaves, I am going to survive my day at work and then love myself by doing 30DS - I love myself so much I'm gonna lose extra weight this week! haha.

It's a bit stupid really, if we argue on other days it's not a big deal but somehow because it's valentines day it feels like it's the end of the world :(

My evening will be spent sweating it out (in the non fun sense) instead of slaving in the kitchen to cook his favourite dinner, if/when we make up we can have our own valentines day and enjoy a romantic dinner. I think if I cooked it tonight it might end up in his lap! I think skipping tonight is safer for everyone ;)

I'm gonna practically live on here during work today, I need all of your support to keep me strong girlies!

Cofa Tree
02-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Hope your evening has been better than your morning, purplekitten7...stay strong and take your anger out on the 30DS!

purplekitten7
02-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks Cofa Tree, I upped the hand weights I was using...up to 2.5 kilos and boy did it kill me! I ache, but in (hopefully) a good way! I'll let you know if I can walk tomorrow!

Hope you all had a better evening than me, my day hasn't really improved much but for once I haven't turned to food for comfort so yay for me I guess. My scale hasn't moved yet this week :( so I'm feeling a bit down about that if I'm honest (I'm an obsessive daily weigher). Blah, I'm so impatient. This is where I always give up in the past, I have the initial whoosh and then it slows down and I get discouraged and just decide it's never gonna work so I might as well give up. I don't want that to happen this time, and I'm sure with you guys at my side I won't but it's still a constant worry. Part of me just expects me to carry on being a failure :( I guess I need to prove myself wrong.

Sorry, this is a really depressing post. Hopefully I'll be more chipper in the morning. Goodnight girlies x

02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey fellow UK chicks :)

Seems a few of you have had crappy days, hope tomorrow is better for you all!

I've been utterly rubbish at posting here lately.

Weightloss is going well though. I am now only 1lb away from a total loss of 6.5 stone/90lbs - I am hoping to see 133 in the morning. I can't believe it :D crazyyyyy.

Have a good weekend all xxx

Jobo0710
02-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi ladies

I haven't been in here before and have so many questions so can I just ask away?

I am Jo by the way, I am 24 years old and live in Oxfordshire. Anyone close by?

So best questions I have are:

What's the best way to diet? On a group like Slimming World or just cutting out the crap as it would be?

Is the 30 day shred worth a go?

My problem areas are my stomach and thighs and majorly my hips (or muffin top if you like which I hate).

Also I have like this horrible back fat ( the big that's like underneath where your bra stops). I am quite embarrassed about it so figure there must be someone who understand who's may have some tips? I am a little lost on this forum at the moment and don't know where to start!!!

purplekitten7
02-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Welcome Jobo0710!

I'm 22 and I'm in Buckinghamshire so not too far away :) I'm currently just counting calories on my own, to be honest I can't afford to join a group right now but different things work for different people! I'm doing the 30 day shred and I love it, it kicks my butt majorly but I feel fab after. I'm still on level one but I sweat bucket loads and my endurance has pretty much doubled and I've only been doing it for a week. I think it's a pretty good all round work out and it only takes about 30 mins so I find it hard to make excuses why I can't do it! I have the same problem areas as you (although also my arms - ew) and so far I've lost an inch off my waist and hips.

Everyone here is great for support and there's such a variety that I'm sure someone can help you with anything you need to know!

Good luck with your journey :)

Jobo0710
02-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks purple kitten

I am the type of person who works best from a kick up the backside or lots of encouragement so that's why I joined this forum. Not done my daily exercise regime today yet and still need to get to town before it closes!! May have to be an early evening one today!

I always think I never do enough though. Just receive my exercise bike and was planning on doing 10-15 miles a day but is that enough plus usual exercises and kettlebell training!! I think I need a personal trainer!

purplekitten7
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm the same Jo, I need Jillian to step out of my TV and give me beatings! haha

lolloveschocolate
02-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Jobo; I'm just counting calories too but I would recommend My Fitness Pal as a helpful tool. All you do is sign in ( it's free too) and follow the instructions. It gives you a daily calorie goal and you can earn extra from exercise.
Good luck on your weight loss journey. We're all in the same boat.
Ps. I too suffer with `back fat`but because I can't see it I pretend it doesn't exist. Hahaha:)

purplekitten7
02-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Hello Girlies, I hope you all had a lovely Valentines day and a good weekend. I've been a little off plan over the weekend with food and exercise but the scale isn't showing any damage and I've kept it pretty reasonable.

After 3 days of arguing...we did make up and have had our own Valentines weekend (hence being a little off plan) - he woke me up with pancakes this morning, he's never made them before and had to look up the recipe. Plus it meant he got up earlier than me which practically never happens! So I was pretty chuffed with that - he even found a "healthy" recipe rather than a standard one, which I thought was extra sweet :D

Cofa Tree
02-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi Jo and welcome to the boards. I'd echo what lol says - you'll have your own way of doing this, but for me, using My Fitness Pal to calorie count and log exercise, plus using this forum to log my weight loss (or no loss, as nothing came off last weigh in!) has really helped. With the major benefit being that it's free!

Hey purplekitten7, glad you have made up and been able to have your belated Valentine's Day. And that's very sweet that your man looked up a healthy recipe to surprise you with!

Leaves
02-18-2013, 04:57 AM
So I bought some scales over the weekend, and it turns out I weigh pounds more than I did last time I weighed myself (a few months ago) despite having spent the last four weeks being really good! Feel so miserable :(

Cofa Tree
02-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Oh Leaves :(. Are you weighing yourself in the same location in your house and at the same time of day as before?

The very fact that you came here and posted though, shows that you are not ready to chuck it all in and give up just yet...your goalposts have shifted a bit, but you can do this.

Have the past few weeks brought you any other benefits? E.g. Do your clothes feel any better, have you been feeling more confident, etc?

Don't get obsessed with numbers on your scales (says she, who weighs herself every day), but carry on doing your very best and I'm sure you will see results...if you are in this for the long haul, you will see all sorts of benefits to spur you on. For me, I've been climbing nine flights of stairs twice at lunchtime, and today I realised I didn't need to stop to catch my breath for as many times as I did last week, even though the scales are currently showing I'm on for another no loss this week for the second week running...

purplekitten7
02-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Good Morning ladies, I'm having a bad week so far - I just feel really tired and nauseated all the time, it really sucks and I have no idea why. I'm not eating anything different and I'm eating the right amount :( I don't know whether it's because I went a little off plan over the weekend and my body is having a hissy fit, but I was too exhausted to work out last night (did manage to walk on my lunch break but by the time I got home I just fell into bed) and I'm just feeling a bit frustrated. I hope I haven't got a tummy bug or anything, that would suck :( hope you all have a marvelous Tuesday :)

Leaves
02-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Cofa: Thank you for the encouragement :) They are a completely different set of scales in a new house, so I'm sure that has had some effect, but I'm sure the six months or so of being unhealthy did too! There's a good chance that I'm going on a cruise holiday in the summer with my parents, so that's even more motivation for me to get myself on track!

Purple: That sucks, I hope you're not sick :( have you been exercising a lot? When I did five days of intense cardio in a row, I could barely walk around the supermarket as I was so exhausted! Perhaps you just need a little rest.

Cofa Tree
02-20-2013, 04:18 AM
Leaves - oh, a cruise, how fantastic! That's something positive to concentrate your efforts on :). How have the last few days been?

Purplekitten7 - how are you feeling now? It does sound like your body is trying to fight something off. Do what you need to do to feel healthy, and any exercising/strict diet control can always wait a few days...

So, it's my weekly Wednesday weigh in...after losing nothing last week after a few not-so-good days, I've been really good this week, but still wasn't seeing any change on the scales. However, yesterday it looked like I might have dropped a pound, and this morning, I'm showing a 2lb loss! And I've just tipped over down into the 12 stone somethings which feels great...goodbye 13 stones...you are now consigned to the past (hopefully!).

Off to update my signature.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Leaves
02-20-2013, 07:02 AM
The holiday is booked, so I have 24 weeks to work on looking fabulous! I'm hoping to do some jogging soon, the dentist thinks I've had sinusitis recently which had been giving me a toothache every time I ran or jumped about. I didn't even know that was a thing that could happen! :dizzy:

Cofa: Super congrats on the landmark! I bet you're on such a high, well done :)

Cofa Tree
02-21-2013, 03:12 AM
Thanks Leaves. I am feeling a little bit proud of myself :)

24 weeks? Wow, that really will help focus your mind! Do you an achievable number in mind that you'd like to lose by then?

Leaves
02-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure how quickly I lose weight, so after a few weigh-ins I think I'll see what I'm averaging per week. If I lose 1-2 a week, I think 35lbs would be an achievable number, 40 even better!

We'll see :)

02-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Hey everyone, it's the weekend :D

Had a major NSV today - I bought my first EVER pair of size ten jeans. I never thought I would get to this point. The good thing is that they aren't even a snug fit, they fit perfectly. So happy :carrot: I can't believe it.

Hope you are all doing well. Have a fab weekend xxx

purplekitten7
02-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Congrats 1987, I have to confess I've had a complete week off plan, and not even a careful off plan, just a complete eat whatever I feel like and don't do anything kind of off plan. Needless to say, the scale was not my friend this morning - up 2lbs but it's completely my own fault. I was ill for a couple of days and off work so didn't get a chance to do shopping so basically ran out of healthy food (fruit and snacks etc).

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm very frustrated at myself - I aimed to be into the two teens by then and I feel like I just self sabotaged for no reason. However, today is a new day. My fridge and freezer are both fully restocked and bursting at the seams, I had a spring clean in my living room over the weekend - bought and built a sofa too - so its all nice and tidy and organized and just how I want it! Did lots of housework as well, tidy house = tidy mind!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, enjoy your Monday! I hope me and my scale kiss and make up over the week! I'll keep you all informed!

Cofa Tree
02-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Wow 1987, you must be feeling great about that - and for them to be a perfect fit :)

Happy Birthday purplekitten7...you will come across days/weeks like last week - they're just life and not something that can or should be avoided. I go with the '80% good and 20% bad ratio' (don't like the word bad but can't think of a more appropriate label) and think that it will all balance out eventually. It's up to us though, to get ourselves back onto the 80% good when we're in the middle of a 20% bad period, and it sounds like you've hauled yourself back into the good zone...! Hope you have a great birthday.

Leaves
02-27-2013, 03:58 AM
Eurgh, so fed up of being ill! Just got over my last cold/sinus infection, and now I've woken up and my throat feels raw and my chest hurts. :(

In more positive news, I've seen my first decrease in number since I bought some scales. Yay!

Cofa Tree
02-27-2013, 04:20 AM
Well done Leaves! Hope being ill doesn't derail your weight loss but look after yourself and have whatever your body needs to get you back on track.

Just done my weekly Wednesday weigh-in...another 2lbs off and into the 170s now, hurrah!

stacey4415
02-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Just thought I would say hello to everyone :)

I have just joined the forum, I am 24 and live in Leeds. A few years ago I lost 50lbs, but put it all back on. Now I am focused on losing 100lbs, I walk around 5 miles a day and do interval training on the treadmill every other day. I was eating arund 1200-1400 cals but didn't lose anything in weeks, and was shocked as I am/was doing so much exercise, so now I have upped it to around 1800 and in the last four days I have lost 2 lbs so seems to be working. Looking forward to talking to you all!

(sorry for the long intro)

Leaves
02-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Cofa:Congrats to you too! I'm not feeling too bad now after having been out and about a bit, but do you ever notice how being under the weather makes you so so hungry? argh!

Stacey Hi and welcome! Good luck on your journey, 5 miles a day is amazing-I wish I could afford the time to do more walking. Good on you :)

stacey4415
02-27-2013, 10:58 AM
@ leaves Thank you! Unfortunately I am currently not working, so that's why I have a bit more time than I used to. I tend to get up at around 6/7 and walk in the morning, I love walking in the morning :)

Leaves
03-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Argh, I cannot get over this illness and it's driving me mad! I feel like I haven't gotten any better at all, just worse every day :( What a miserable start to the month!

Any of you girlies got any March targets? I'd love to get into the 10stones for April :)

purplekitten7
03-05-2013, 09:55 AM
I have officially booked a holiday for the 15th April so my target is to look like less of a whale at the beach! I don't want them calling animal rescue!!! haha

In all seriousness I would really really like to be in onderland by then, but I feel like that is a bit unobtainable! I'll settle for being under 15 stone, which is my current mini goal - although at the minute my scale isn't budging at all :(

AlmostMe
03-06-2013, 03:49 AM
I had the goal to lose 25lb by April 15, but I've nearly reached it, so I need to set a new goal.

I think I'd like to get under a 100 kilo just for the round number-ness. Would love to be there by the end of march, but if not - then 15 April will do.

I think I need to set some fitness goals as well.

Unfortunately I'm off to A&E today as the rugby club physio thinks I may have broken my foot and advised me to get it x-rayed. It's probably just a leettle teeny break, but I'm dreading a cast as without exercise I get really depressed and fat. And I've been doing so well... Wish me luck - both in being seen speedily and getting a good diagnosis.

Cofa Tree
03-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Hi all, good luck with your goals and hope you manage to shake the illness, Leaves. I'd like to be early/mid 70s (being deliberately vague!) by the end of March, and as I seem to be losing a pound a week, then that should be doable.

Another pound gone this week. I know it's a sensible rate to lose at, but half of me wants bigger losses, whereas the other half recognises this is real life and if I want to enjoy food appropriately, then this is a good rate of loss considering the wine, the garlic bread, the pie and the huge portion of trifle I consumed this weekend. If I cut all that out, I might lose more, but I think it's better to have a balance in life...

And meant to say, good luck AlmostMe...fingers crossed for no cast...

AlmostMe
03-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Foot not broken!!! I have to rest and ice it as it is mangled. But I should be able to play on Sunday - and I reckon I can swim and so forth (maybe spin?) til then. But I'm not going to do any more non-game running for 2 weeks

Leaves
03-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Good news AlmostMe, hope it heals quickly!

I think today I'm going to say I'm officially into the 150s now! Just need to get to 153 to meet my next mini goal :)

Cofa Tree
03-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Woooo to Leaves! Good stuff! Are you feeling any better now?

Leaves
03-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks Cofa!

I'm still not entirely better, my tonsils are still a bit swollen and I still have a cough, but it's not as bad as it was and I don't feel as unwell now. Strange that's it's lasted this long though :(

Cofa Tree
03-11-2013, 11:37 AM
How are we all doing this week? Me and my cheeky monkey have been ill for the past week and healthy eating went out of the window so I could cope with looking after a sick little one when I just wanted to crawl under a duvet (actually, we just ended up both crawling under the duvet together when my husband was away, which he thought was great fun, and meant I didn't have to move far to comfort him!).

The scales so far don't seem to be too bad, considering all the carbs I've craved...

Leaves
03-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Oh no, hope you're feeling better now!

I lost track over the weekend when i visited my parents- they have so much food! Getting back on plan now though, found a new fitness guru on youtube for inspiration too :)

Cofa Tree
03-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Wow, four pounds off this week!!!

I've been ill and have genuinely eaten crap - I'm talking chips and chicken meat from the chippy, tons of Warburtons toastie bread with proper butter, cream cakes,, biscuits, chocolate etc, so I don't really understand how I've lost that much. Maybe it'll come back on as I start to feel better!

Leaves
03-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Hello girlies!

I did a graph of my weight loss today, it's fabulous seeing that line going down and down- feeling very happy. Did some sums, worked out my average weekly weight loss and figured out that I could be a 'normal' BMI in 8 weeks! :D

Brid
03-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Nice one on the size ten, 1987! Awesome work. :D

Well, I'm back. After a third trimester cake-fest that took me all the way to 17st 12, I lost 13lbs by having a baby on the 8th. And another 11lbs of water over the course of the next week. Hardly getting time to eat, and this morning the scales said 15st 13.8, so it's time to get back on the healthy eating. Current goal: to get back to my last period weight of 14st 13, then down to the first trimester low of 14 stone exactly. After that, who knows?

Cofa Tree
03-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Congratulations Brid! Hope you and the little munchkin are doing well. Blimey, I didn't even begin to think about healthy eating until after about six months...don't be too hard on yourself, you've just done an amazing thing so make sure you give yourself the time to recover and use this time to revel in your wonderfulness! But you know yourself best. Good luck with it all :-)

Leaves - that's some good motivation there, 'normal bmi in just 8 weeks', what a fantastic thought! Are you doing anything extra to get there, or just doing what you've been doing, seeing as that has worked so well so far?

I'm off to do my weekly weigh in shortly. Think it's going to be bad. Yesterday it was showing as the four pounds I lost last week as a response to being ill were all back on. Oh well, I'll just have to pick myself up and start again if so - I've just lost a bit of motivation at the moment!

Cofa Tree
03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Yep, it was bad... 5 pounds back on. No excuses. It's the kick up the bum I needed - you can't eat crap and get away with it. The fat WILL catch up with you...

Leaves
03-21-2013, 08:19 AM
aw Cofa that sucks. Hope you're feeling much better and energized to get back on plan now! I'm feeling like I'm at a bit of a stall now, so perhaps we can motivate each other :)

Had a bit of a revelation this morning when I stood on the scales with my coat on and my bag ready for class and realised I still weighed less than my starting weight. Woosh, what a lot of weight I was carrying around before.

03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Nice one on the size ten, 1987! Awesome work. :D

Well, I'm back. After a third trimester cake-fest that took me all the way to 17st 12, I lost 13lbs by having a baby on the 8th. And another 11lbs of water over the course of the next week. Hardly getting time to eat, and this morning the scales said 15st 13.8, so it's time to get back on the healthy eating. Current goal: to get back to my last period weight of 14st 13, then down to the first trimester low of 14 stone exactly. After that, who knows?

Hey Brid, thank you and congratulations!! :D

How are you coping with it all? Hope it's all going well and little one is bringing you lots of joy :carrot:

Brid
04-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Thanks, 1987. :D More sleeplessness than joy at the moment, but she's adorable.

The downside of having a baby is people bring you lots of cake. So I've been avoiding the scales a bit. But finally hopped on there this morning. 15st 10! Only 11 to go to pre-pregnancy weight! And 17 to no longer obese! I am going to do a happy dance while the baby refuses to sleep.

Cofa, how are you getting on with those five pounds, managed to chase them off yet?

Cofa Tree
04-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Cofa, how are you getting on with those five pounds, managed to chase them off yet?
I had to take a break due to another bout of illness in me and the little man, but I think we're back on track now. I managed to stick to eating pretty well despite being ill, but just couldn't record it on MFP. I've now lost the pesky five pounds, plus another one along the way so am back on track, thanks!

How's your daughter doing Brid? Has the cake supply died down a bit now?!

How's everyone else doing?

Leaves
04-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Well done with the loss Cofa! I'm stuck bouncing up and down with the same two pounds, it's driving me mad. I'll be really good for a week, then get invited out for dinner or go on a weekend away and put them back on again. Need to work hard to get past them!

Cofa Tree
04-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Cheers Leaves - how's this weekend going?

size12please
04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone,

May I join you?
This is my first 3FC post EVER.....very exciting.

I have been reading all your posts and have found them so motivating, so thanks.

I am a on lighter life and have lost 41 pounds. Only 11 to go till goal.

Finding it really good. Thought it would be harder than it is.

Start route to management in 3 weeks and then afterwards I plan to limit sugar and white flour (my totes trigger foods).

mountain walker
04-21-2013, 08:01 AM
oooooopppppppsssss.haven't been on for months sorry guys I have missed you all!
Good new: got a job
Bad news am 2 stone heavier than I was at my lightest
Good news : am still 4 stone lighter than I was at my heaviest!!!!

mountain walker
04-21-2013, 08:02 AM
oh congrats Brid !!!!!!!!

neelia
04-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Hello there may I join you ladies. I am looking to loose at least 3 stone, need to have a stone off by June 10 as I am going to a wedding. Every time I try to think about dieting I can't stop thinking about food!!!!!!! What is the best way to get started. Can't wait to lose the spare tyres , my body is fed up being fed up!!!!!!!!!c

Leaves
04-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone,

May I join you?
This is my first 3FC post EVER.....very exciting.

I have been reading all your posts and have found them so motivating, so thanks.

I am a on lighter life and have lost 41 pounds. Only 11 to go till goal.

Finding it really good. Thought it would be harder than it is.

Start route to management in 3 weeks and then afterwards I plan to limit sugar and white flour (my totes trigger foods).

Welcome, and congrats on the loss so far! Such a fantastic job! Hope to see you around the boards sometime :)

Mountain walker:Well done on the new job! Good to be keeping positive, I'm sure you'll be kicking that weight in no time :D

I've been having a good week, I've lost about 3lbs this week which is a record for me. Even though I've hurt my ankle and am struggling to exercise, I've been eating right so I'm really pleased. I'm also the lightest that I can remember ever seeing on scales, so yay :D

size12please
04-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks leaves. And my congrats to you too.
3lb in a week is a great loss. And to be at your lowest weight...you must feel amazing?
What diet plan are you doing?

Neelia- a stone of by June is v realistic goal. YOU CAN DO IT.
Do you know what plan your going to do? I have tried them all....!
Will you be exercising as well?

Cofa Tree
04-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Morning everyone

Well done Leaves, and hello to all the new and returning peeps :D

How are we all feeling with a bit of sunshine of our faces for a change?! Certainly makes me want to be outdoors more which is all good.

One pound lost here so I'm now back to what I was a few weeks ago when I dropped because of illness but then piled it back on! it's the lightest I can remember being, and I'm having to use a belt to hold my work trousers up as they are too loose now, which is a novelty :)

My mini goal is that I want to be 167lbs by the end of May - six pounds in five weeks...hopefully doable but need to keep focused.

Has anyone else got any mini goals to keep them motivated?

mountain walker
04-26-2013, 05:29 AM
hello everyone, just pooping by....4lbs off this week nearly (back) under the magic 300.....keep up the good work! ooops i meant popping!

04-29-2013, 07:28 PM
hello everyone, just pooping by....4lbs off this week nearly (back) under the magic 300.....keep up the good work! ooops i meant popping!

Hey, congrats on the job!

I haven't been on much lately either, life got busy I guess. It's over a year since I joined 3FC now, time flies!

I am well and truly in maintenance mode, kicking around the 130 - 132 region. Would love to see 129 but it hasn't happened and I'm not gonna be down about it. I am pretty sensible Mon - Fri but I do indulge more at weekends now.

I guess I have realised that I am pretty happy where I am, and it's toning up that is in order as opposed to much more weightloss.

Good luck to all you UK girlies who are ploughing on with the weightloss, you can do this! xx

Cofa Tree
05-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Well done 1987...hopefully I'll be at that stage one day!

Another pound off...three pounds to go into the 160s and five pounds to go until I'm into the 11 stone somethings...it's still my aim to do this by the end of May...

How's everyone else getting on?

Leaves
05-01-2013, 05:25 AM
Congrats 1987 and good luck with maintenance!

Sounds like an attainable goal Cofa what's your plan to get you there?

Feeling quite pleased this morning, hit 148. Yay!

purplekitten7
05-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Hello Girls,
I have completely fallen off the wagon but I'm determined to get back up. I've been through a lot of personal/emotional stuff over the last few months and have split from my partner of 3 years, and I am the definition of comfort eating! I'm gonna need all the help I can get to pull back through! I joined my local Gym on Monday, and have gone both evenings after work so I'm making the right start I guess.

I have a small NSV - I went to the gym by myself last night and it's the first time I've ever gone without a friend to support me, and you know what - it wasn't actually that bad :) My gym bag is packed and under my desk ready for tonight!

How is everyone? I've missed you all! x

Leaves
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Oh purplekitten, that's so sad :( I hope you are okay! Well done for the gym victory though, I'd be terrified to go even with a friend!

purplekitten7
05-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Thanks Leaves, I'm...getting through it, I have up days and down days - I've decided today is an up day, I'm trying a "positive attitude"

Day 3 at the gym done! 2nd day there all by myself - I think I'm getting the hang of this! Having a day off today - my ankle is feeling a bit sore so I don't want to cause an injury. I jogged 1km in 9:10 mins last night - I feel strangely proud of this (admittedly not all of it was jogging, some was fast walking).

I've entered my local 5K Race for Life (30th June) so I'm using that as incentive and encouragement to keep me moving