Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147 starting, 125 goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Motivation troubles!

How do you guys motivate yourself to work out at night? I usually don't get home from work until 7, sometimes even later (I am still at work now) and the last thing I want to do is work out!! I know I should, but then I get home and I want to talk to my husband and eat dinner before 9pm! I know I'm whining, I'm sorry, but this is so frustrating!!
janeyg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

If you can, switch to working out in the morning before going to work. If the thought of getting up even earlier seems like having a root canal done without novacaine (and I completely understand), then look up some of the "at work" exercises that can be done. For example, when you're doing email, if possible, get a stand that can be raised or lowered and stand while you're doing your email. When you take a break or have lunch, walk around the block. Or even just walk around in your building. Park as far away from your building as is safe. There are web sites that have exercises that can be done while sitting at a desk.

The other suggestion is to do the exercising with your husband. If he doesn't want to go to the gym and doing straight workouts, look into bowling, racketball, going for a walk, biking, etc., and do it together. Great way to kill two birds with one stone.

Hope that helps.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 147 starting, 125 goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks betsy! I ended up doing a 20 minute on demand exercise video and I'm glad I did. I need to find little at work exercises that I can do. Once the weather gets nicer, I'll probably feel better. I'm a nanny, so as soon as it's not freezing out, the kids and I can take walks again!
janeyg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i work a split shift so my hours are 7-8 a.m. and then back again from 1-6 p.m....i work out in between those hours...when i worked a shift straight through this summer, i enjoyed getting up at 5 a.m. for a workout...dont know if i could do that in the dead of winter though...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote