40-Somethings - One Positive Thing About Me Today Is

2FatCats
01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
:cheer3:
It's a New Year and time for New Positive Beginnings!

I follow the NSV thread - I think it is genius to celebrate your little victories and I really want to have one to post. I've been waiting and waiting to have one so I could - then I noticed that the 300+ club has a thread in which they post something positive about themselves, every day if you want, or just whenever you want! How Brilliant!

I am my own worst critic - I can be harder on myself than anyone could ever be. Ironically, I would never criticize my family or friends the way I do myself. And I certainly wouldn't like it if someone talked to me like my inner meanie does! But NO MORE!
It's time to stop tearing ourselves down and start building ourselves up! Let everyone know, Yes We Can, instead of no we can't.

Here is where you can post your positive. It does not matter if it's big or small, about your weight or not, anything positive counts. We are here to support you, encourage you, to inspire you, to hold each other up and to help you toot your horn!:cp:

Be Your Own Biggest Fan! Banish the Inner Meanie!

2FatCats
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
I'll go first:

One positive thing about me:
I have a great sense of humor!

newleaf123
01-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I take the time to shop for and lovingly prepare healthy food for my family.

kelijpa
01-05-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm stronger today than I was yesterday. (thanks to my snow shoes :) )
I feel good from the inside out.

I'm noticing my balance is alot better, I thought I was just a klutz, but seems like my fat distribution had me off kilter, I'm sure it's strengthening the legs and core as well, between the incline on the treadmill and now the snow shoes....

thanks for the thread! :sunny:

twinieten
01-06-2013, 07:47 AM
One positive thing about me.... wow, this is hard! Um.... I spend time with my kids playing games, even when I don't feel like it.

2FatCats
01-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks ladies - you rock!!

It is definitely more challenging than I expected ... I try to think of the 'negatives' and then turn them into something positive.

For example:I am a control freak :(
transforms into:

I am a strong, well-organized and self-disciplined woman! :D

Sheila22
01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I have changed my "default" coping mechanisms from eating, drinking and sitting on the couch to running, reading inspirational books and cleaning/organizing!!!

I AM STRONG AND GROUNDED!

Zumbachica
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I find something to smile about almost every day no matter what has happened.

avalonmoon
01-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I 'think' before I eat. Concentrating on what goes in is making me feel balanced.

free1
01-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I wore a size 10 to church today :)

greeneggsandtam
01-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I am hilarious. Really very hilarious.

onmiwei
01-06-2013, 04:16 PM
I will use what has been said a lot in the last few days by other people: I am very creative, and i don't mind sharing my creative ideas with my fellow artists to help them out of their fear of going for it. That they produce better art work by me helping them out with their fear of just going there. A fellow artist said that to a news reporter when my friend won best of show..what a compliment!

ImImportant
01-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I am a good listener. I truly listen to others when they are speaking to me.

newleaf123
01-06-2013, 06:20 PM
I advocated for my kids with their cello teacher today.

MissJeanLouise
01-06-2013, 07:33 PM
One positive thing about me.... wow, this is hard! Um.... I spend time with my kids playing games, even when I don't feel like it.

That is no small thing! There are some days when I'd rather poke my own eyes out than play another game.

I try really hard to buy thoughtful gifts that really match the receiver.

2FatCats
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Morning All!

Positive thing:

I am a fantastic dog-mom to my two Golden Retrievers!
I feed them high-quality & nutritious food. I also make them healthy 'cookies' from pumpkins that I grew, cooked and froze in the Fall! And despite all the snow and ice outside - I take them to the park so they can play. I make sure they get plenty of exercise indoors as well. In the gym they romp, wrestle, chase balls and jump boxes every day. They even have their own treadmill that they get on, too. I tell them it's time to 'pup-er-cize' and they hop on for a brisk walk/slow jog.

healthyangie
01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
My fantastic thing:

I've supported my DH with his weight loss without trying to control him. That's hard!

I've made all my "yearly" doctors appointments ... I always put these off till the last minute! I even made a dentists appointment :D

Kat117
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Fantastic idea! Thank you so much! Getting healthy is more than just physical. The more we love ourselves, the better we will take care of ourselves.

Hmmmm. Something positive....

I have incredible will power when I choose to use it.

twinieten
01-07-2013, 11:36 AM
I jogged yesterday, 3 miles, and then I did a short jog again today with my metabolic test.

newleaf123
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I gently woke my son up when he overslept this morning. Years ago, I used to wake him up in this situation in a more grumbly manner. This is a positive change I've made in recent years.

guacamole
01-07-2013, 11:46 AM
One positive thing - I haven't given up.

Sharelle
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I still havent given up!! =)

SeeMyFeet
01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I can keep secrets.....shhhh...

onmiwei
01-07-2013, 11:13 PM
I have a good sense of humor...

Rlsingh
01-08-2013, 12:25 AM
After lurking for quite a while, I finally got up the courage to post. Hope that
counts.

sunbeam86
01-08-2013, 12:39 AM
This is such a great idea!

I'm very calm and I never over-react or try to control others.

2FatCats
01-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Good Morning Positive People! You guys are all amazing!

I did not give in to my brain yesterday when it said "Ouch ouch ouch this hurts-you are killing me!" I held that plank until my muscles screamed at me!
I completed another NRoLS session and pushed myself harder than I had the previous time. I used heavier lbs, did cleaner reps, and didn't ache the minute I finished!
I'm getting stronger every day -both mentally and physically! :strong:

Sum38
01-08-2013, 10:28 AM

I picked the most amazing husband!

newleaf123
01-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I brought a big tub of basil home from the store today because my 11-year-old loves basil. I try to be thoughtful in small ways to my kids.

Zumbachica
01-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I have a smile that lights up a room..

MrsTryingAgain
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! Thanks, 2Cats! :)

I've been told a lot that I'm funny. I love to laugh & make others laugh, too. My grandma told me when I was thinking about getting married that one thing that kept her & grandpa together for over 68 years was laughter. The ability to laugh at yourself & with each other. To be honest H & I laugh when things get rough, because it pulls us both through. Hey, he made me promise to turn him into a zombie if ever his health got too bad & he needed to be on machines. I agreed & told him I'd let him loose on people I didn't care for! :lol::lol:

KittyKatFan
01-09-2013, 01:18 AM
I have a good sense of humor.

AwShucks
01-09-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm learning to let things go at work. I tend to be a perfectionist, but lately, if it's good enough, it's good enough. Things don't have to be "tweaked" to death. I cannot do it ALL.

chubbiegurl
01-09-2013, 02:36 AM
I didn't just sit and watch tv today after my chores. I rode my elliptical and stationary bike while watching tv.

2FatCats
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Morning All!

I am not a 'victim' of my life.
I am responsible for my own thoughts, actions and deeds. I do not assign blame to any past/present circumstances or people.

I choose my own path. :D

Kat117
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I love to make people laugh.

healthyangie
01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
I haven't smashed the D@mn scale, even after it went up 3.5 lbs in 7 days of being 100% OP. I believe this is the sinus infection and antibiotics .. so I pray I'm right and next week I'll lose 10 lbs! :D

MrsTryingAgain
01-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Oh, Angie I hear you on that! I've threatened my scale with putting it in front of a moving bus or semi! Nothing like technology to tick you off!!! :mad: We have even gone weeks without speaking!!! :lol: How bout a permanent time out? Freakin' scales!!!

Something positive about me? I thought of this last night. I take great pleasure in the very simplest things in life. I'd rather sit & watch nature put on it's show than anything else. I love the little birds that wake me in the morning, the swans/geese flying over in the night sky & even the coyotes howling at the full moon. The stars in the sky shine brighter in my book than all the stars in Hollywood. Sunrises/sunsets & clouds are nature's best artwork!!

healthyangie
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Oh, Angie I hear you on that! I've threatened my scale with putting it in front of a moving bus or semi! Nothing like technology to tick you off!!! :mad: We have even gone weeks without speaking!!! :lol: How bout a permanent time out? Freakin' scales!!!

I even gave the darn thing 2 - 3 - 4 chances to get it right and it stubbornly kept doing the same thing!!! Yes - it's on a time out :)

momtopands
01-13-2013, 02:36 PM
New here and wanted to do this because it's always been hard to find about positive things about myself. So today i'm going to say that one positive thing about me is that I am a very loyal person.

Sum38
01-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Today I am dressed stylish and feeling good about myself.

Grace73
01-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I try to help people every day

suzyslimdown
01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
I try to be understanding and when someone blows up or loses patience...I think something is bugging them or they are just having a bad day. We all have bad days, I like to give them a break...even when they don't give me one.

avalonmoon
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm drinking lots of water.

SeeMyFeet
01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
...ok...I'll play....

I turned a negative into a positive. When I started here two months ago, I was down about my weight and also my skin. I defined the problem and came up with a potential solution. I moved facial skin care products into the shower, came up with a skin care regimen, and developed new habits.

Now...my skin is gorgeous!

RNJen30
01-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I've tracked EVERY single thing (down to the sweet n' low packets I used in my iced tea!) for 5 days in a row, not only online, but in my designated notebook. :carrot:

MrsTryingAgain
01-19-2013, 12:20 AM
I do pretty well at keeping my hubby motivated. I make sure he walks with me (on days when he feels okay---no adema in the feet/dizzy/etc), takes his medications and that he eats healthy. I know he's an adult, but he does take quite a bit of encouragement. Encouraging him...encourages me.

Zumbachica
01-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I get to watch hockey tonight...lol....

Sum38
01-19-2013, 04:15 PM
I have a clean house, cleaned by me :) Now I get to enjoy my evening in a clean clutter free house :love:

momtopands
01-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I worked last night but am still excited to do my workout! That's major for me!
:D

kelijpa
01-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Did 2 walks today, one 3.5 miles with the dog, then another at the rail trail 4 miles with DH, I earned my treat today!

Feeling strong :sunny:

lol Zumba...forgot the NHL was back :D

RNJen30
01-20-2013, 05:29 AM
I started my Personal Training today at the gym and DIDN"T freak out!! Actually kind of excited to go back!! :carrot:

newleaf123
01-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I keep going. Every day I wake up to a fresh commitment to make this day a good one.

suzyslimdown
01-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Hubby had to work today and it was supposed to be my rest day, but I felt like working out...I walked 5 miles today, and it felt great. It was a cold but very sunny day ....that sun brightened my mood.

RNJen30
01-21-2013, 01:48 AM
My first weigh in was today... lost 3 pounds!!

curleycarr
01-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Ran for 25 mins non stop today....felt great about it. Have lost 4 pounds since I started this new me, which is good for me. But even better is the feeling that I'm getting fitter. Thanks to everyone because even though I'm not posting...still feeling a bit shiny new...I really enjoy reading all your posts.:D

suzyslimdown
01-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi curleycarr, I still lurk a lot too..no need though, these ladies are really nice. Nice job on the 4 lbs and the 25 min. run.

I managed a 5 mile walk off the pounds this morning before work and came home and did 3 more...felt great.

Roo2
01-28-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm like a dog with a tug once I latch on I won't let go.
I'm resilient ,knock me down but I'll keep getting up!
I have the ability to look at something that is not good and salvage what I can
I am fiercely loyal to family and friends
I give great advice and only want the best for people.
Oh I am modest ! LOL:smug:

LuvCats
01-29-2013, 01:21 AM
Wow ladies everyone is doing wonderful! :)

I volunteered at the hospital today.

Hope everyone has a great week! We can do this! :carrot:

kelijpa
01-29-2013, 06:13 AM
got right back on track after being WAY off
WTG all!
:sunny:

newleaf123
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
It's rainy and raw, with thunderstorms coming and I'm heading out the door to go the gym, even though I just really want to stay home.

simpletwistoffate
02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
One positive thing about me is that I choose to be a warrior .... because I put a limit each day on self pity, I am able to more easily motivate myself to exercise, which is hard as I deal with chronic pain issues. :)

curleycarr
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Suzyslimdown - loving the name! Respect on your 8 mile (count them!!!) walk, yes sometimes when that elusive sun comes out you turn into gold!:D

My positive - today I went and visited an old friend, had the most fabulous time having a catch up over numerous cups of coffee ( oops there might have been a sweet or two) ....things aren't great for her right now...but we just laughed and giggled ourselves silly - it felt great on so many levels.

Roo2
02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
My positive thing today is learning to embrace the joy and happiness of today.
I am happy with the person I am today.
Yes I want to lose weight and have a body that does not jiggle like Jello! but I claim the here and now to be present in my life for myself , family and friends
I have learned so much from my beloved dogs who just live in the present.:)
I choose to be happy today and not project myself to the future when I will be happy!:D
Have a Great Day,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

MrsTryingAgain
02-01-2013, 10:51 PM
I like making people laugh. I don't mind being seen as "a little odd" or "goofy", but that's okay. So often all people need is a giggle, even if it's at my expense.
I also like sticking a strange song in my boss' head for no reason! I can do it by whistling or humming some odd song & BOOM! it's in there! It's gotten to the point where my co-workers suggest songs! :lol3:

mrsj2013
02-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Lately I've been bogged down in a negativeland and I am ready for a positive change. I put a lot of pressure on myself to do things"right" and when they don't turn out it's ends with me turning to food for comfort. I have started a blog and intend to finish each post with three things that are positive about my day. Thanks everyone

SeeMyFeet
02-03-2013, 01:16 PM
1GTAMe2Day: I am a great, fun mom for my rowdy teenage boys. Had a row with DS13 yesterday. Took away cell phone, computer AND TV....Today we're laughing about it! (but still no cell phone, computer or TV)...give me strength!

BwaaaaHaHa..MsT...you and I have a lot in common! I call those successful "implants". Here are some good ones for your boss (who, as I recall, is a jerk)..."I'm just a girl who can't say no" "If I only had a brain" (from the wizard of oz) "Yesterday" (from the Beatles....you know..."I'm not half the man I used to be...")....tee hee....y'all have fun!.....Oh, and if you're still doing that crazy daily shift swing, you should demand a big raise....you're going to make yourself sick.

Msj--you just focus on what's been accomplished, not on what's less than perfect. And keep pushing ahead!

RNJen30
02-08-2013, 08:11 AM
One positive thing about me... I've completed 6 personal training sessions of my paid 40 and haven't given up yet!! Although, I DESPISE push-ups and crab walks!!!

newleaf123
02-19-2013, 08:59 PM
I went to a supermarket tonight that I never go to, and there in the fruits & vegetables section, they had an enormous bin of loose Goetze caramel bulls eyes on sale for $1.88 a pound. These are a favorite of mine, and I hemmed and hawed, but walked away.

Then, I went back, and decided to get 9. Three for me, and 3 for each son.

As I walked around the store I CAME TO MY SENSES and ditched the little baggie I had made on a shelf.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Seems like a silly thing to celebrate, but for me, this is huge!

ukemama
02-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Two good things today. I am a hard worker and I am a good friend.

firegirl441
03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Newleaf said, "I went to a supermarket tonight that I never go to, and there in the fruits & vegetables section, they had an enormous bin of loose Goetze caramel bulls eyes on sale for $1.88 a pound. These are a favorite of mine, and I hemmed and hawed, but walked away.

Then, I went back, and decided to get 9. Three for me, and 3 for each son.

As I walked around the store I CAME TO MY SENSES and ditched the little baggie I had made on a shelf."

WOW! I don't think my willpower would be that strong. Great job!!

I feel positive as I have made it to the pool for exercise two days this week.

2FatCats
03-06-2013, 11:20 AM
One Positive Thing About Me Today is:

I have learned to embrace the process instead of rushing to the end result!

firegirl441
03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
simpletwistoffate- sorry to hear you are dealing with chronic pain issues. I do the same and it is no picnic even on a "good" day.

I am positive and motivated today because my weigh-in showed a 4.5 lb weight loss since last Thursday.

newleaf123
03-06-2013, 04:06 PM
firegirl441 Thanks for the compliment! I still draw strength from putting those back...

One positive thing about me today is that I'm honest. I forgot to pay for a lipstick at WalMart going through the self checkout. I saw it in the bottom of my cart *after* I paid for everything else. What did I do? I turned right back and did a second transaction. I could have easily walked out without paying.

Winnie72
03-16-2013, 08:34 PM
I joined this site today :carrot:

trukmek
03-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Winnie, welcome to the group. I'm new here too, but am already starting to feel right at home.

One positive thing about me today is: I got the car fixed yesterday so today I can take things easy and relax. I still have things to do, but am not stressing myself to get everything done quickly...I have all day to get it done!

Kristy