Weight Loss Support - so...I was HONKED at.....?

View Full Version : so...I was HONKED at.....?

Babybat
01-04-2013, 01:40 AM
:( hi guys.

I have a story to share with you all.
So tonight even though I was sore and already went for a walk I decided to go run right? yeah well it was about 9pm and I got to a cross-walk, I hit the button to stop traffic, waited for the sign to tell me it was alright to cross, and crossed. While as I was running down the sidewalk after I crossed the road I got honked at.

I wasn't in the way, I know it was to me, because there wasn't anything else around.... I can't say for sure

:\

ilovemo
01-04-2013, 01:43 AM
People are so damn rude. Im so sorry that happened to you, try not to let it bring you down.

mandalinn82
01-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Why do you assume it was something negative, even if they were honking at you? Couldn't it have been a "Good job!" honk?

I find life so much easier if I assume people have good intentions until I get evidence otherwise (if there's little risk to me in doing so).

Babybat
01-04-2013, 01:59 AM
Why do you assume it was something negative, even if they were honking at you? Couldn't it have been a "Good job!" honk?

I find life so much easier if I assume people have good intentions until I get evidence otherwise (if there's little risk to me in doing so).

I didn't know what to make of it at first, but I like your outlook.
Thanks to both of you though.

mandypandy2246
01-04-2013, 03:10 AM
Its possible the honker thought you were cute! :) There are plenty of guys who like voluptuous woman!

But generally, I'm going to guess that it was more of a "you go girl" kind of honk. Encouragement!!! :)

KatMarie
01-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Ya, I'd say it was a 'you go girl' honk! Running at 9 at night...that takes commitment!

newleaf123
01-04-2013, 08:43 AM
I posted a whole response, but I don't see it... Must have blanked out. But what I said was:

I have honked my horn by accident before. You know, drop something, squirm around to retrieve it, elbow in horn. Don't assume it was at you!

And, I have honked my horn for no reason before, like if the kids are in the car and we are singing along to the radio...

I came back to say, even if it was at you, it was probably just in annoyance of having to stop at a light with no cars around. Their problem, not yours.

In other words, don't internalize this. It really had nothing to do with you... :hug:

shcirerf
01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I'd take it as a "you go girl" positive and give yourself a pat on the back!:carrot:

bargoo
01-04-2013, 09:15 AM
I agree that you are probbaly making something out of nothing.

OhThePlaces
01-04-2013, 10:07 AM

I totally agree! Go girl! :carrot:

deadkittens
01-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I think it was most likely a hey good job honk. did you see the person? were they smiling?

i cant really see someone doing it in a mocking way

Quiet Ballerina
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
I thought it was more of a "hey hottie" honk when I read the post initially. Any time someone has honked at me in a negative way, they've also yelled out the window (I should add: that has only happened once, that i can remember)

Good job to push yourself to run though!

Babybat
01-04-2013, 03:57 PM
thanks everyone :)

baker23
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I thought it was more of a "hey hottie" honk when I read the post initially. Any time someone has honked at me in a negative way, they've also yelled out the window (I should add: that has only happened once, that i can remember)

This...I've always seen honks as encouragement...if someone has no problem honking, they won't have a problem with shouting rude comments...Don't worry to much about it
On a side note...good for you for running that late...thats modivation :) Keep it up

vabs
01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
People are so damn rude. Im so sorry that happened to you, try not to let it bring you down.

Basically this. People yelling at me, honking their horns, slowing down to talk to me, etc have prevented me from exercising outside where I live currently. I hope it doesn't do the same for you. :hug:

chubbiegurl
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Reminds me of my dads old van, it used to honk on its own, usually at awkward moments. Once a hot chick was standing on the corner and it honked at her. My grandma, aunt, mom, me and siblings were in the van. We all kinda laughed and joked about my dad hitting on girls in front of my mom. The girl looked at my dad like really with your wife and kids in the mini van.
Anyway the person that honked may have done so unintentionally, they could have been a jerk, could have been cheering u on or hitting on u. I am just jealous that u run, I can't get half way around the block yet.

Babybat
01-05-2013, 12:52 AM
chubbiegurl

Reminds me of my dads old van, it used to honk on its own, usually at awkward moments. Once a hot chick was standing on the corner and it honked at her. My grandma, aunt, mom, me and siblings were in the van. We all kinda laughed and joked about my dad hitting on girls in front of my mom. The girl looked at my dad like really with your wife and kids in the mini van.
Anyway the person that honked may have done so unintentionally, they could have been a jerk, could have been cheering u on or hitting on u. I am just jealous that u run, I can't get half way around the block yet.

you made me feel better, all of you did.
But thanks, I'm not taking it seriously anymore, if anything I'll think of it as cheering me on! :D I can't wait till I join a gym (I'm waiting till after my birthday) and I wish you lots of luck on running chubbiegurl.

Hugs to all of you replying, it means a lot.

beaka
01-05-2013, 01:25 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I totally thought it was about being honked at in a positive way. Glad you've decided to take it as such!

I enjoy a good honking when I run. :D

losermom
01-05-2013, 08:36 AM
I love it! It was definitely a "Go Girl!" honk. When I see a lady running, regardless of size, I always think that she's awesome. On a side note, the last time some teen boys honked and yelled at me (last year I think) they yelled, "We really like your dog!" It still makes me laugh! Cubbiegirl, your story made me laugh too! :)

owlsteazombies
01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
I've been honked at too, but then I've also been barked at. Both of which I took as extremely rude and negative and now I just workout inside.

But, maybe since we're automatically programmed since we're overweight to think everyone is making fun of us...maybe they weren't in your case? I would take it as a good job.

novangel
01-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Depends. A friendly "toot toot" is different than someone laying on the horn but I wasn't there to know how it came off. Regardless, it probably had nothing to do with your weight some drivers are just impatient a-holes.

Doomkitty
01-05-2013, 03:24 PM

When I read the title, I immediately assumed it was because they thought you looked good and/or were cheering you on so I was confused to see a sad face. :lol:

I've been honked at too, but then I've also been barked at. Both of which I took as extremely rude and negative and now I just workout inside.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt but I wouldn't let the actions of others have such a heavy influence on your life. But that's always easier said than done, I know. :)