Ideal Protein Diet - Alternative Phase 1 Plan COSTCO

View Full Version : Alternative Phase 1 Plan COSTCO

Trina Britt
01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

My eyes are crossed, HELP I have read and re read the alternative post. Finding alternatives at COSTCO were mostly talked about a year or more ago. Could someone please let me know if and what alternatives you buy from COSTCO for Phase 1. I am looking for a shake/powder and a bar.

I would like to continue to use my coach and buy 1 maybe 2 when needed soups or pasta a week. But I need to cut my cost down. I started the Friday after Thanksgiving. The Friday before Christmas I was down 11 and down almost 11 inches. Did not weigh in last Friday, was off plan Christmas day and events extended it from 1 day to 3 days. Rrrr Back on, doing well and looking forward to Friday.

Thanks so much for your help.
Trina

sahmmommy2
01-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I buy the premier protein RTD shakes in chocolate and vanilla. I also buy the pure protein mixed bars box but my costco doesn't reliably carry this bar. There are three flavors in the box, chocolate chip, brownie and peanut butter. I've found I really only like the peanut butter one so I may just start buying them at walmart or target (I've seen them there in smaller boxes). Hope this helps.

Billster
01-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Simply bars at costco and the same shake in the post b4 me :)

DanafromAustin
01-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I buy Detour bars at Costco which work just fine as an alternative bar.

Trina Britt
01-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Woo Hoo . . . Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

Going to stop by Target and grab a few Simple Bars, Pure Protein & Detor Bars to try in the mourning. That way I will know if I what case I will buy.

Fishette
01-02-2013, 11:26 PM
I haven't found any Simple bars in Virginia. Are they mostly a Canadian distribution?

I also get Premier Protein shakes from Costco - vanilla for my morning coffee and chocolate for my bedtime hot drink.

Tigerlvr52
01-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Costco also sells large bags of Powder that is super tasty in chocolate and vanilla. Around 49$ per bag. Made by CytoSport. 27 grams of protein per scoop so you don't need as much, I did a scoop and 1/2 with my spinach shakes and it kept me quite full.

Trina Britt
01-03-2013, 08:32 AM
I haven't found any Simple bars in Virginia. Are they mostly a Canadian distribution?

I also get Premier Protein shakes from Costco - vanilla for my morning coffee and chocolate for my bedtime hot drink.

If you do a shake for two of your proteins, what is your restricted item? I was thinking of using the bar?

Thanks

Trina Britt
01-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Costco also sells large bags of Powder that is super tasty in chocolate and vanilla. Around 49$ per bag. Made by CytoSport. 27 grams of protein per scoop so you don't need as much, I did a scoop and 1/2 with my spinach shakes and it kept me quite full.

Is it rich like the IP vanilla?

glomor
01-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I have looked for over-the-counter alternatives here and haven't had much luck. Most of the protein bars are much higher in calories. We don't have a Costco here, so I'm not sure where to look. I have tried the local health food store but again, the bars don't come close to the carb/protein/calorie counts of the IP bars. What brands do you find? We do have a Walmart so maybe I need to start looking there.

Tigerlvr52
01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Is it rich like the IP vanilla?

I like it, but i didn't like the IP version very much. It's as rich as you want it to be since you can add 6-8 oz or more of liquid. I usually did 6 oz and it was like a milk shake.