Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Thread Wednesday 1/2/2013

lisa32989
01-02-2013, 09:16 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

A1Texan
01-02-2013, 09:29 AM
You know when things are “moving” properly, you get a headache, you are very uncomfortable, and you’ll try almost anything to get things “moving”. Note to self: Don’t try EVERYTHING at once…I’m just saying! :o

breezie68
01-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Good morning :) Today is the start of my work's "Biggest Loser" competition. They don't know this, but I plan on winning :-D We're competing until March 1st. We'll see how it goes!

mrskuby
01-02-2013, 09:37 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Well, I made it thru NYE but I did drink wine. I hardly ate anything while on my trip cause I was surrounded by sugar and carbs. I tried to use my packets but I guess I really didn't prepare myself as well as I should have. I was actually physically ill on Monday (NYE) until my hubby insisted that I eat something...I ate some ham and chicken but it didn't really help...then I had one tiny little sugar cookie and within 30 minutes I felt much better. I have not gained from what the scale says but I'm guessing that my WI tomorrow won't be all that great. Oh well...live and learn!
I hope everybody had a nice New Years! Now that the holidays are over...we can really try to stay on track and get 'er done!!! LOL

usmcvet
01-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Tex I hope the headache goes away soon.

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all doing well. It is freaking COLD up here in VT. 5 degrees this morning on my way to work and I saw a kid wearing shorts at the bus stop, he wasn't even fluffy!

I am cold just thinking about it.

I need to re focus on my goals. I'm 325 as of this morning and I want to be below 300! I'd originally set that goal for my birthday on Friday. I am taking a vacation in St. Martin February 8th through the 15th. Soooo I will be under 300 before my vacation on the 8th.

A1Texan
01-02-2013, 09:43 AM

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all doing well. It is freaking COLD up here in VT. 5 degrees this morning on my way to work and I saw a kid wearing shorts at the bus stop, he wasn't even fluffy!

I need to re focus on my goals. I'm 325 as of this morning and I want to be below 300! I'd originally set that goal for my birthday on Friday. I am taking a vacation in St. Martin February 8th through the 15th. Soooo I will be under 300 before my vacation on the 8th.
Thanks and good luck with your goal. Stick with it!

GeauxTigers82
01-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Good morning :) Today is the start of my work's "Biggest Loser" competition. They don't know this, but I plan on winning :-D We're competing until March 1st. We'll see how it goes!

Yay! Good luck! I am starting one at work, too. Did you guys contribute all at once or do you need to pay in each week?

I am looking forward to today. My husband was off all Christmas week with me and the kids, but he had to go back today. He started IP on alternatives Saturday, so I hope he does ok today. I have to get my rear end up because my son has his annual check up ath the doc today. I plan on sneaking some mall shopping in between my son's appointment, and my stepdaughter's dentist appointment at 1.

I need to buy a smaller bra. I have 1 that fits! When I first started IP in June, I wore a 42 C. I wear a 36 DD now :) my clothes were a 16/18 or a XXL. Now, I am a 12 and a M/L. I can't wait to finish and see what size I get down to :)

Ok, enough rambling.... I hope everyone has a terrific OP day!!

scorbett1103
01-02-2013, 09:48 AM
You know when things are “moving” properly, you get a headache, you are very uncomfortable, and you’ll try almost anything to get things “moving”. Note to self: Don’t try EVERYTHING at once…I’m just saying! :o

Ha! Yeah that could be a perfect storm. I actually find that when I start to feel a little "slow" in that area, a cup of Smooth Move tea before bed and another in the morning usually gets the works going again. I save the heavy artillery for when that doesn't work :)

And I thought it was cold down here in MA! Brought my very resistant kindergartener to school in 15 degrees and wanted to cry. He did too, but that was because he couldn't stay home and play his Skylanders game all day like he has for the last week :)

Vet, you can do it! You have done so well and come so far, it's just another leg in the journey for you.

Chloe222
01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Good morning all,
Welcome to all the new folks who said they'd be joining us in the new year! Chime in often and enjoy the healthy losses.

Just completed week 1 on a reboot and am down 3.8 pounds. It was a trying week since I started 12/26 and went through numerous holiday events, including a big brunch at my house yesterday. At brunch I had coffee and egg whites with veggies while others ate other very tasty items. Wore my tight jeans so I'd be constantly reminded not to nibble on any of these temptations around me.

Stay strong all and enjoy knowing how healthy and beautiful you will be next spring/summer!
Chloe

lisa32989
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Totally doable for a guy! We'll be here to cheer you on!
And I thought it was cold down here in MA! Brought my very resistant kindergartener to school in 15 degrees and wanted to cry. He did too, but that was because he couldn't stay home and play his Skylanders game all day like he has for the last week :)
Thank goodness my school district (work) doesn't restart until Monday!

So today we're doing a mini road trip to Delray Beach for a beach/fun day. "They" have lunch plans. I'll get a salad and take my packets. We also have dinner plans. I still have leftovers from NYE when I planned more food than is on our plan...

Nolawhodatchick
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Good Morning IP friends!

Tex,
This too shall "pass" :) Hope you're feeling better soon.

USMCVET...BRRRRR!! And under 300 is awesome, you are such an inspiration!

Scorbett, Aww, it can be so hard to send the little ones to school, especially when they don't want to go.
So I've been thinking about how I am staying OP, and it's truly one day at a time. I play a little game with myself. Every day when I am tempted to eat something off-program, I tell myself I'll stay 100% through the rest of the day (since I already started it that way, hate to waste the day!) but if I still really want it tomorrow, I'll have it. Guess what, tomorrow never comes! Still plugging 100%.

Missdee18
01-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Good Morning.... Back 100% OP since yesterday.. Didn't follow my plan from New Years Eve and up 2 pounds. Ate and drank too much...Hope I get back to where I was Monday morning by weigh in later today.. hope not have a gain...staying the same would be great.

usmcvet
01-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone.

Our kids didn't want to go back to school either, and honestly I didn't want to get back to work but it feels good. Just about to drink my coffee with some EAS as creamer. Black works too, but the EAS just makes it easier to drink.

MonicaKolesnik
01-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I slept!!!! Sorry have to say it again I SLEPT!!! I still feel like I have been hit buy a truck but I am sure if I keep getting sleep I will eventually get better. I am down 4lbs over the holidays while being sick so I would call that a WIN. I am very proud of myself for staying OP thru everything, and truthfully it was not that hard because I prepaired ++. Plan on staying in bed again today. Hope everyone else is doing great!

maezy1
01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
GOOD MORNING ALL!
A1TEXAN you constantly make me laugh and I feel your pain! I have over treated before too....ummm fun fun!
USMCVET & SCORBETT you're making our piddly 45 degrees look like summer!
MONICA So glad that you are feeling better. Aah the healing power of sleep

I am able to walk without a crutch around the house! major improvement. and I got an appt to get the white skunk stripes in my hair colored today! another step to feeling normal
Hope everyone has a beautiful IP day

FutureFitChick
01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Firstly, thanks for everyone's support and kind words regarding my pup. Both my husband and I moped and wept all day when she wasn't here. (Trying to get any writing done was fruitless -- I just kept staring at my computer and my mind kept thinking about pup.) After a few more tests the vet wanted to keep her overnight. We went to visit and she had a change of heart and let us bring her home. Care for her has been such a big part of our lives and will continue to be for a few more days. We believe that it is cancer (leukemia or histiocytic sarcoma), but I do not want to subject her to the bone marrow biopsy to confirm. She would be too far advanced at this point to make successful treatment a realistic option. Just in case we are trying a few meds at home, but they are unlikely to really help. I am attaching a picture of her. My 4 year old nephew had shared his blankie with her and tucked her in with his Rafiki. So sweet!

I am not normally a person that does a good job at seeking external support when I am going through something difficult and emotional like this. For some reason I really reached out to people and have been richly rewarded with support. Thank you all! I think because of that, my eating was 100% on plan yesterday. I have had an on plan breakfast this morning and have a plan for today as well.

Chloe222, congrats!

A1Texan, hope the headache is better soon.

MonicaK, so glad you got to sleep!

rainbowsmiles
01-02-2013, 10:50 AM
:wave: good morning!!!!!!!!
still sick in bed....phlegm is just down right nasty!!

texan: you made me lol this morning! sorry for your troubles...but than you for the laugh :D i'm so bad!!

vet: so nice to see you again friend!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO DO!

scorbett....Brrrrrr.....i wouldn't mind the cold as long as i got to see pretty snow!!!

nola.....you rock!!!!!!!!!!

lisa...have fun at delray!!!

chloe: :wave: how are you dear?? way to gon on that reboot and 3.8 lbs!! :woohoo:

maezy: yeah for the walking around and lol about those skunk stripes!! love it!

monica: :yay: woohoo for the sleep.....sleep does a body good!!

missdee: only YOU can make the amount of commitment that you need to be as successful as you desire...come on now...NEW YEAR NEW YOU, YOU CAN DO IT!!

tigers....yeah on the smaller clothes!!!!!!!!!!

breezie: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-02-2013, 10:51 AM
futurefitchic: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Willi
01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=FutureFitChick;4571555]Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Firstly, thanks for everyone's support and kind words regarding my pup. Both my husband and I moped and wept all day when she wasn't here. (Trying to get any writing done was fruitless -- I just kept staring at my computer and my mind kept thinking about pup.) After a few more tests the vet wanted to keep her overnight. We went to visit and she had a change of heart and let us bring her home. Care for her has been such a big part of our lives and will continue to be for a few more days. We believe that it is cancer (leukemia or histiocytic sarcoma), but I do not want to subject her to the bone marrow biopsy to confirm. She would be too far advanced at this point to make successful treatment a realistic option. Just in case we are trying a few meds at home, but they are unlikely to really help. I am attaching a picture of her. My 4 year old nephew had shared his blankie with her and tucked her in with his Rafiki. So sweet!

My heart is broken for you, so so sad. :(:(

Keep us updated and enjoy your time with her.

mrskuby
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

I am not normally a person that does a good job at seeking external support when I am going through something difficult and emotional like this. For some reason I really reached out to people and have been richly rewarded with support. Thank you all! I think because of that, my eating was 100% on plan yesterday. I have had an on plan breakfast this morning and have a plan for today as well.

Chloe222, congrats!

I am so sorry to hear about your pup! My girl has a torn ACL and we opted not to do surgery and she was improving but the snow has aggravated it and she's limping pretty severely. I know how hard it can be to see a loyal member of the family suffering and not be able to do much besides provide love. Stay strong my friend!:hug:

MonicaKolesnik
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Chloe222, congrats!

I am so glad you got to bring your baby home. No one knows how to love her better then you and your husband. Keep us updated and if you need more support we are here.

Thanks Rainbow..I am also in bed due to phlegm and body ache....arge.

scorbett1103
01-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Weigh In Wednesday update - I am down 1.4lbs and 2 inches!!! Considering this week my house was hit by the plague, and I have TOM on top of it all, I'll call that a win! :)

Maezy - congrats on getting mobile!
Monica - glad you are improving, hope you get all the way better fast!
FutureFitChick - so sorry about your pup. Keeping you in my thoughts :)

Debrasb
01-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Kids are back to school today -- rough morning getting the baby to want to let go of my neck. I hate clingy mornings--they are so depressing. I feel better seeing I am not the only one!

Third week in a row with 1 lb. or less losses. Definitely feeling frustrated!! I have a big work conference coming up and two weeks left before I have to buy clothes for it -- was hoping to be down another size in time so I don't waste all my $$.

A1Texan
01-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Things are right in the world....Thanks for the support :)

pocahontas812
01-02-2013, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=FutureFitChick;4571555]Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Sorry to hear about you pup, she looks so sweet. We went through something very similar last year with our 12-year old dog Kola. It was devastating, but it helped to look at pictures and reminisce about all the wonderful times we had with him over the years. We have 2 other wonderful dogs, but I do still miss him.

djs06
01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
FutureFitChick- I'm so sorry. Keeping you in my thoughts. :hug:

rnincharge
01-02-2013, 12:31 PM
I feel like I am always saying "I can't have that"! I'm glad the hollidays are over and I don't have to Volunteer to bring green salad everywhere that I go! My chesat on news day was cranberry sauce on my turkey. I have avoided any pizza in my home since I started IP, but made it yesterday. What a mistake! I ate the topping off of 2 pieces. I felt like I just lost controll. Can't do that anymore, my weight loss is slow enough!

Chloe222
01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Weigh In Wednesday update - I am down 1.4lbs and 2 inches!!! Considering this week my house was hit by the plague, and I have TOM on top of it all, I'll call that a win! :)

Scorbett,
You are such a good dieter. Always losing, a good role model. It has to be tough too with little ones in the house and the foods they eat.

I feel like I am always saying "I can't have that"! I'm glad the hollidays are over and I don't have to Volunteer to bring green salad everywhere that I go! My chesat on news day was cranberry sauce on my turkey. I have avoided any pizza in my home since I started IP, but made it yesterday. What a mistake! I ate the topping off of 2 pieces. I felt like I just lost controll. Can't do that anymore, my weight loss is slow enough!

LOL! I also volunteer to bring salads to everyone's house for our group dinners. That way I know there is something I can eat. When I'm relegated to something other than salad, I always eat my IP dinner before I go and then just push a little food around my plate so no one really takes much notice of what I'm eating or not eating. The good thing is that I really focus on what others are doing in their lives and it makes great conversation (and stronger relationships). I also bring my own beverage (Sodastream homemade seltzer) so I don't feel deprived. Everyone else is drinking wine and I don't want to succumb to that.

Re the pizza topping, at least you won't eat off program again for a while I imagine. Plus, you didn't eat the crust - good for you!! Have a good day.

maezy1
01-02-2013, 12:49 PM
FUTURE CHICK - praying for you...I know how hard it is when a pup is sick. mine are such a big part of my family

usmcvet
01-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Chloe222, congrats!

Future! Hugs out to you and your husband. :hug:

vet: so nice to see you again friend!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO DO!

Thanks you can too and I'm sending you a big hug even though you told me you have a cold. ;):hug:

Things are right in the world....Thanks for the support :) Good!

I don't say "I can't" I just say no thank you. Because we can all do what we want to. I know I have and that's why I'm here but I am gaining on my goals.

PepperTown
01-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Good morning from Canada :-)
Only 1 degree here today!!! Had to go out to the clinic this morning. Either I swallowed a straight pin, or I have strep throat!!! Was diagnosed with strep. Was given antibiotics and a mouth rinse. I told both the doctor and the pharmacist that I was on probiotics, and they both said there would be no interference. ??? My throat is sooooooo sore! Just had lunch and it's very difficult to swallow :(

I was very constipated, so my clinic put me on Novi-Cure (detoxification kit). Things are 'running smoothly' now :)

I was at a stall for a few weeks also, but the weight is coming down nicely now, as they said it would. I was surprised to see my weight went down despite the fact that I cheated a bit during the holidays :(.

What do you think of this Novi-Cure?

Also, I often boil my veggies in Campbell's chicken or beef broth:
Per 2/3 cup: Colories 10; Fat 0; Carbs 1. What do you think?

Went to a New Year's dance. Had so many compliments on my weight loss. That was really encouraging and a bit uncomfortable to get all that attention!!! People were even talking to my DH about my weight loss!!

We are leaving for a trip to Mexico next week to celebrate our 40th. Need to go buy some clothes and bathing suits that fit!!! Then mid-month we are trying Florida for the rest of the winter. Will have to find a shop that sells IP.

I have my WI tomorrow. Was hoping I'd have my ticker by then, or am I missing something?

Thank you all so much for the support/information. Funny to see that I now spend a big part of my day with you!

rainbowsmiles
01-02-2013, 01:09 PM

when i first started ip....i was always saying that too...i CAN'T have this or that...etc....then....

I CHANGED ONE LITTLE WORD!!

when asked or offered....i would THINK about the offer, so that others KNEW i was considering it....and then say...

No thank you, I DON'T want any this time.

changing the word CAN'T to DON'T put ME IN CONTROL....

now "I" choose....

and honestly, I DON'T WANT IT!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks you can too and I'm sending you a big hug even though you told me you have a cold. ;):hug:

awww :hug::hug::hug: hope u don't catch it!!! :p:devil:

Bella73123
01-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Good morning from Canada :-)
Only 1 degree here today!!! Had to go out to the clinic this morning. Either I swallowed a straight pin, or I have strep throat!!! Was diagnosed with strep. Was given antibiotics and a mouth rinse. I told both the doctor and the pharmacist that I was on probiotics, and they both said there would be no interference. ??? My throat is sooooooo sore! Just had lunch and it's very difficult to swallow :(

I was very constipated, so my clinic put me on Novi-Cure (detoxification kit). Things are 'running smoothly' now :)

I was at a stall for a few weeks also, but the weight is coming down nicely now, as they said it would. I was surprised to see my weight went down despite the fact that I cheated a bit during the holidays :(.

What do you think of this Novi-Cure?

Went to a New Year's dance. Had so many compliments on my weight loss. That was really encouraging and a bit uncomfortable to get all that attention!!! People were even talking to my DH about my weight loss!!

We are leaving for a trip to Mexico next week to celebrate our 40th. Need to go buy some clothes and bathing suits that fit!!! Then mid-month we are trying Florida for the rest of the winter. Will have to find a shop that sells IP.

I have my WI tomorrow. Was hoping I'd have my ticker by then, or am I missing something?

Thank you all so much for the support/information. Funny to see that I now spend a big part of my day with you!

You should be able to add a ticker now, the requirements are 20 days and 20 posts, you are over on both.

Click on the "quick links" tab and go to "Sig Weight Tracker" and you will be able to set one up.

scorbett1103
01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Aw thanks Chloe :) I am not really that good of a dieter - I just want to get it done so I can be OFF the diet and on to maintenance as soon as possible!! :)

Pepper - regarding the Novi-Cure, I have looked at the products and personally it's not something I would spend my money on. For one, you don't need to "detox" your organs. That is what your liver/kidneys are for, and unless you have known issues, they are likely doing their job just fine. The only "flush" you need is plenty of water to keep things moving through those organs. The "cleanse" part is really just psyllium husks, which you can buy at any health food store much cheaper than through IP. Just my opinion, but I'd save my money.

Bella73123
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Well today marks my first day back to work...it was so crappy to get up and come here while everyone else is still at home, kids don't go back to school til Monday. After the last 5 weeks, with 4 of them being off program, I think I am ready to get back on track. There is still a lot of stress at home, but at least the two weeks I had off work helped me to de-stress somewhat. I missed being at work because I like the routine and I find it much easier to be OP when I have routine. So...I am about 15 lbs behind were I hoped to be at this point...BUT, I am not looking back, only forward! My fiance started IP with me on Saturday, he's already lost 7lbs, so that only leaves about 15 to go...must be nice! Oh well, its good to have him doing this with me!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

kileymed13
01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

I am so sorry about your pup. I have 3 four legged children and feel for you. I am glad you were able to take her home. Sending :hug::hug: for you and your pup.

IPdivajen
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi all! I'm back, 100% OP and ready to truck on towards the end. I ran my 5k race yesterday so am physically able to put running behind me for a while and get right back on plan.

It's funny, I'm actually really excited to be P1 again! I learned a lot during my two month break, lessons that will be instrumental in me being successful for good when I hit my goal. I did some indulging and I own the results, but I also was, as twisted as it sounds, pleasantly surprised that I felt like crap after eating bad things and was able to realize that I don't WANT to feel that way anymore. The temporary yum wasn't worth it at all. So that's actually a huge relief.

Today I'm home with the plague everyone's been referring to. Not fun, that's for sure! But I got a lot of good sleep so I'm hoping that helps prevent this from taking over completely. I need to be back at work tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Great to see so many familiar faces here - congrats to all for your dedication and perseverance through the holidays!

futurefitchick - so sorry to hear about your pup. Take care.

LizRR
01-02-2013, 01:59 PM
I need to buy a smaller bra. I have 1 that fits! When I first started IP in June, I wore a 42 C. I wear a 36 DD now :) my clothes were a 16/18 or a XXL. Now, I am a 12 and a M/L. I can't wait to finish and see what size I get down to :)

I remember IPDivaJen recommending getting a smaller size bra than you need and using bra extenders. Then as you continue shrinking you tighten them up/discontinue use - a good bra is expensive! Amazing how fast you will start shrinking at the end. It took me a good 20-25lb to drop to a size 16, but at the end every 5lb was another size drop.

I slept!!!! Sorry have to say it again I SLEPT!!! I still feel like I have been hit buy a truck but I am sure if I keep getting sleep I will eventually get better. I am down 4lbs over the holidays while being sick so I would call that a WIN. I am very proud of myself for staying OP thru everything, and truthfully it was not that hard because I prepaired ++. Plan on staying in bed again today. Hope everyone else is doing great!

I'm glad that Somebody slept! For some reason I was tossing and turning until at least 2am last night/this morning - actually moved to the couch so I wouldn't wake hubby. Needless to say I did not meet up for my 5:30am run this morning - but still making my Nike Training Club class tonight, may try to sneak in some miles beforehand. Definitely doing my 5am run tomorrow...I need my fix!

I am so sorry to hear about your little fur baby - and that is just the sweetest face! I lost my little guy 14 years ago and it still hurts a little - that means we really loved them. I know you both are lucky to have each other. Sweet hugs & kisses to your sweet puppy.

Things are right in the world....Thanks for the support :)

It's amazing how our outlook can change when things are working "down there"...The Flush Heard Around The World! At least around Texas...I was wondering what that sound was earlier....

I use chicken broth a lot, now and in Phase 1 - the one I found for 1 cup has 5 calories and 0g fat/0g carb/1g protein. Rainbow uses a similar broth with similar 'stats'.

chicagoboiler
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Happy Wednesday to all! For those who came back to work today after a break, at least we have a 3 day week. Today is Day 1 of reboot and a new goal of losing to prepare for my 'delayed' honeymoon and life in general. I learned a lot in my weeks that I was off IP and am very excited for Phase I and feeling better. I have so many friends and coworkers who've started IP because of my success, I also don't want to be that person that gains back all the weight and used to be a good example and isn't anymore.

Like many of you who are starting and rebooting, I am not looking forward to the headaches, crankiness or the feeling for the next three days...but I am looking forward to the extra energy and amazing sleep I will have once I hit ketosis. Here's to saying no to temptation and being strong. I liked Rainbowsmiles' mantra of saying you don't WANT that bad piece of food instead of I CAN'T have it.

KLD81230
01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Talk about cold... here it was -18 (yes, that is a negative) this morning... and that actually isn't THAT cold for when it gets cold.

My car did start so I was able to make it to the gym. We were with the family in the city over the weekend, so it felt good to get back in my routine.

I admit, I did not do as good as I thought I would OP over the weekend. This was my first time on IP away from my house, so it was an eye opener, for sure. I certainly fell into the 'well I got off track, so I'll just eat carbs' mindset. I didn't overdo it at all, but certainly didn't stick to the plan.

I'm back home, and know that getting back to my routine will make it easy to welcome in the new year, completely OP. I've been reading many of the recipe posts for inspiration and am ready to just move forward. I also didn't come here and read my daily fill of inspiration as much as I usually do while I was gone!

Have a great day, everyone!

RareBird
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I've been lurking here for the past few weeks, learning and preparing, and officially started doing IP with alternatives yesterday. I'd previous lost 105 pounds on my own using various methods (over several years), but 45 of those pounds have somehow found me again. I'm hoping to loose that 45 and 20 more, and I really look forward to the support you share on this board.

I wonder LizRR what chicken broth you found that has has 5 calories and 0g fat/0g carb/1g protein per cup? Thanks!

1LittleStar
01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Back to work today! Not fun, but it is what it is. I booked flights for a trip during March Break, so it makes it a bit easier to go back with plans for a fabulous trip in mind.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar056/cartoonstar01/lb/310/190/287/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

usmcvet
01-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Just checking in. I'm here to remind myself that being a little hungry is okay and Normal. I had a late lunch, an hour or so ago but I'm still kinda hungry, I need to drink more water. I hope your'e all doing well!

A1Texan
01-02-2013, 04:30 PM
I remember IPDivaJen recommending getting a smaller size bra than you need and using bra extenders. Then as you continue shrinking you tighten them up/discontinue use - a good bra is expensive! Amazing how fast you will start shrinking at the end. It took me a good 20-25lb to drop to a size 16, but at the end every 5lb was another size drop.

I'm glad that Somebody slept! For some reason I was tossing and turning until at least 2am last night/this morning - actually moved to the couch so I wouldn't wake hubby. Needless to say I did not meet up for my 5:30am run this morning - but still making my Nike Training Club class tonight, may try to sneak in some miles beforehand. Definitely doing my 5am run tomorrow...I need my fix!

I am so sorry to hear about your little fur baby - and that is just the sweetest face! I lost my little guy 14 years ago and it still hurts a little - that means we really loved them. I know you both are lucky to have each other. Sweet hugs & kisses to your sweet puppy.

It's amazing how our outlook can change when things are working "down there"...The Flush Heard Around The World! At least around Texas...I was wondering what that sound was earlier....

I use chicken broth a lot, now and in Phase 1 - the one I found for 1 cup has 5 calories and 0g fat/0g carb/1g protein. Rainbow uses a similar broth with similar 'stats'.
Thanks Liz...LOL

Bellamack
01-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Holy to the minus 18, I thought 3 degrees here in upstate NY was bad. lol

Rainbow you look wonderful

futurefitchick, been there too many times, they are part of the family. I was reading your post and then scrolled down to the pic and just cried. I am so sorry "_

whytokay
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM
when i first started ip....i was always saying that too...i CAN'T have this or that...etc....then....

when asked or offered....i would THINK about the offer, so that others KNEW i was considering it....and then say...

now "I" choose....

good advice! I'm taking it :D

mompattie
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM

I always think of you vet! "My focus: need more focus"

Ha! Yeah that could be a perfect storm. I actually find that when I start to feel a little "slow" in that area, a cup of Smooth Move tea before bed and another in the morning usually gets the works going again. I save the heavy artillery for when that doesn't work :)

Vet, you can do it! You have done so well and come so far, it's just another leg in the journey for you.

Skylanders have hit our house too!!!!!

Awesome WI!! Sorry you're feeling like crap!! Hugs!

now "I" choose....

You're my hero. A sick phlegm-ey one, but a hero nonetheless!!

Hi all! I'm back, 100% OP and ready to truck on towards the end. I ran my 5k race yesterday so am physically able to put running behind me for a while and get right back on plan.

It's funny, I'm actually really excited to be P1 again! I learned a lot during my two month break, lessons that will be instrumental in me being successful for good when I hit my goal. I did some indulging and I own the results, but I also was, as twisted as it sounds, pleasantly surprised that I felt like crap after eating bad things and was able to realize that I don't WANT to feel that way anymore. The temporary yum wasn't worth it at all. So that's actually a huge relief.

Today I'm home with the plague everyone's been referring to. Not fun, that's for sure! But I got a lot of good sleep so I'm hoping that helps prevent this from taking over completely. I need to be back at work tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Great to see so many familiar faces here - congrats to all for your dedication and perseverance through the holidays!

HI!!! Soooo glad you're back!!! I draw so much inspiration from you! Glad you're here again!!!

Chloe222
01-02-2013, 05:06 PM

now "I" choose....

Rainbow,
Brilliant, positively brilliant! I like rephrasing that way, "I don't want any right at this moment." It's not offensive and it's strong. People won't push (most likely).

Well today marks my first day back to work...it was so crappy to get up and come here while everyone else is still at home, kids don't go back to school til Monday. After the last 5 weeks, with 4 of them being off program, I think I am ready to get back on track. There is still a lot of stress at home, but at least the two weeks I had off work helped me to de-stress somewhat. I missed being at work because I like the routine and I find it much easier to be OP when I have routine. So...I am about 15 lbs behind were I hoped to be at this point...BUT, I am not looking back, only forward! My fiance started IP with me on Saturday, he's already lost 7lbs, so that only leaves about 15 to go...must be nice! Oh well, its good to have him doing this with me!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

Congrats to being back and for being such a good role model that your fiance is joining you!

Happy Wednesday to all! For those who came back to work today after a break, at least we have a 3 day week. Today is Day 1 of reboot and a new goal of losing to prepare for my 'delayed' honeymoon and life in general. I learned a lot in my weeks that I was off IP and am very excited for Phase I and feeling better. I have so many friends and coworkers who've started IP because of my success, I also don't want to be that person that gains back all the weight and used to be a good example and isn't anymore.

Like many of you who are starting and rebooting, I am not looking forward to the headaches, crankiness or the feeling for the next three days...but I am looking forward to the extra energy and amazing sleep I will have once I hit ketosis. Here's to saying no to temptation and being strong. I liked Rainbowsmiles' mantra of saying you don't WANT that bad piece of food instead of I CAN'T have it.

I'm rebooting too, made it through week 1, and yes, you're right, there's a lot to look forward to once back in ketosis.

Scorbett and others who know myfitnesspal,
How do you get calories burned to show up for weight training entered into mfp? I just did 6 exercises on machines at the gym, entered them, and they show up as being done today, but there is no calories burned indicated, as there is for cardio...Is that right?

thanks,
Chloe

sonyainva
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Congrats on losing 4 and staying op while sick.
Hope you feel better soon
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Hugs to you and your hubby.

now "I" choose....

Nice rainbow, thanks.

Scorbett great loss

ragdoll74
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Futurefitchick.....so sorry about your dog.

Ipdivajen...welcome back!

A1texan....rofl

Sammie12
01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Good evening everyone: So glad the holidays are over & have wi tomorrow. Wanna see what I am starting the new year off in lbs as. FutureFitChick sorry about your pup. Great wi's today for all those that lost wi. Everyone here is such a great inspiration to me to keep going. =)

byugrl
01-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi all !

Trying to get back OP 100%. Last week was a very trying time. But thankfully no weight gain. Glad these holidays are over !

coffeebean
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Happy New Year. Looking forward to reaching my goal

Wild wire
01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone!
I am on week 9 and I still feel a lack of energy. I am currently 193 lbs. I am waiting for this new energy to come but it's all I can do to get thru my day and I sleep quite soundly. Any ideas to get me going? My housework is even suffering a bit! I am 100% on program.

scorbett1103
01-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Scorbett and others who know myfitnesspal,
How do you get calories burned to show up for weight training entered into mfp? I just did 6 exercises on machines at the gym, entered them, and they show up as being done today, but there is no calories burned indicated, as there is for cardio...Is that right?

thanks,
Chloe

Strange. I tried adding some strength training to my diary from yesterday just to test it out, and it did log calories for the exercise I added (I looked up Tricep extension and used that). Did you enter them manually or use some from the MFP database?

Hi everyone!
I am on week 9 and I still feel a lack of energy. I am currently 193 lbs. I am waiting for this new energy to come but it's all I can do to get thru my day and I sleep quite soundly. Any ideas to get me going? My housework is even suffering a bit! I am 100% on program.

If you want, I can peek at your diary on MFP to see if anything jumps out at me. The usual culprits are not getting in your salt or oil, not drinking enough water, or not using your one restricted item per day.

Wild wire
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
That would be awesome if checked my diary except I haven't added the oil or salt! I use oil & vinegar on my salads everyday tho. I may be lacking in the salt - I don't add that too much.

Please let me know what you think!

Thank you!

Calisto
01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Whew! After just having a week where I wasn't feeling it, as in just feeling blah and not that I lost anything... I had a great weigh in!

I lost 5.6 lbs, this is week 8 for me! I am down a total of 42 lbs, only 11.4 lbs from being half way to my goal and 8 lbs away from coloring my hair red! lol It was a mini reward for myself!

I don't think I have been 235 since before my last 2 kids were born and they are 4 and 5! And I am still a pound ahead of my husband.... that gives me much motivation as he always loses weight easy.

Anyway, it was cold outside but I didn't feel it because I was so HAPPY!

1LittleStar
01-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Whew! After just having a week where I wasn't feeling it, as in just feeling blah and not that I lost anything... I had a great weigh in!

I lost 5.6 lbs, this is week 8 for me! I am down a total of 42 lbs, only 11.4 lbs from being half way to my goal and 8 lbs away from coloring my hair red! lol It was a mini reward for myself!

I don't think I have been 235 since before my last 2 kids were born and they are 4 and 5! And I am still a pound ahead of my husband.... that gives me much motivation as he always loses weight easy.

Wow Calisto, that is an amazing week and an amazing total lost so far!! You must feel fantastic! I am still a few pounds away from my pre-baby weight, and mine are 7 and 9. And obviously still lots to go, but being on here, I'm seeing that it's actually possible, which wasn't the case in the past. My husband weighs about 180 lbs, so I'm not holding out hope that I will weigh less than him LOL!!

scorbett1103
01-02-2013, 07:07 PM
That would be awesome if checked my diary except I haven't added the oil or salt! I use oil & vinegar on my salads everyday tho. I may be lacking in the salt - I don't add that too much.

Please let me know what you think!

Thank you!

Ok, give me a few and I'll take a look :)

NinjaNurse
01-02-2013, 07:12 PM
usmcvet You can do it!!! What great incentive!!
monica Yikes hope you are feeling better!! Did you get your flu shot?? We were coerced into getting one or wear a mask while at work.
Maezy I am dreaming of 45 degree weather right now.
scorbett You are a great dieter and a very helpful one. Did you sign up for the Diva Dash yet?? We can also do a biking together............Last Gasp..........look into it. There are a lot of cycling events, but most of them are to raise money for charity. (Like the one I did a couple of years ago) There are also bike groups in our area. I'll have to look for the list.
Rainbow Where were you in VT?? A woman I work with was there with her family last week. I forget the name of the place, something dream like?? about a hour Northwest of Burlington.

So my WI was today. I felt like crap. I think the only reason I did not get strep from my daughter is because I am already on antibiotics. But I have a awful sore throat and feel blah. I don't know what ever happened to my immune system.

So, I lost 2lbs and maybe 3/4 inch total?? Considering I didn't even get measured last week, I am pretty upset about the inches. Some of my clothes are starting to fall off of me. How can that be???

I am irrationally upset about the weight loss I know but I was on target this week and was hoping for a bump after last week. My coach said it cold be because I've been sick but I because I was out of work, I haven't been running around as much. And of course she wasn't all excited like she had been for me in the past.

Of course they hounded me about my freaking vitamins again. I bought the multivit's but I still have Cal/Mag. I honestly don't know why I have so many. I did mess up a couple of days, but not an entire week. THEN I only bought a few items, because I have overbought in the past. I probably didn't even need to buy any. BUT, the coach was asking me if I had enough food. (rockin bod coach) Well, if you are keeping track of me in your computer you would see I have bought way more than enough in the past.

The other coach barely said a word to me, she was busy checking her AOL. There was no one else in there.

It's just so aggravating and not what I expected from coaching at all.

mompattie
01-02-2013, 07:12 PM

Awesome awesome!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

WyoGirl82
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to adequately use this website. I guess I'm a little slower than the rest of you. :o)
What is the difference between a "sticky" and a "thread"? Also, people have said to look in the recipe threads but I can't figure out how to find a recipe thread? Can someone explain it to me? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hgamroth
01-02-2013, 07:16 PM

So glad to see you back!!!! I am also back on phase 1 and learned A LOT during my month off. How did it feel running the 5k? I really want to run one this May so I hope to be ready for it.

Calisto
01-02-2013, 07:34 PM
I do littlestar, I NEVER thought I would have lost this much this fast, I figured by now I would be down MAYBE 20-30, the first week helped a lot when I lost 14 lbs, that was just crazy.

My oldest are 11 and 10 so once I get that weight (210 or so), well I don't know what I will do with myself! lol

Calisto
01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
So, I lost 2lbs and maybe 3/4 inch total?? Considering I didn't even get measured last week, I am pretty upset about the inches. Some of my clothes are starting to fall off of me. How can that be???

There was 2 weeks were I lost hardly any inches but my clothes were looser, I think it's because you still are losing inches in other areas, just not where they measure! lol

Chloe222
01-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Strange. I tried adding some strength training to my diary from yesterday just to test it out, and it did log calories for the exercise I added (I looked up Tricep extension and used that). Did you enter them manually or use some from the MFP database?

If you want, I can peek at your diary on MFP to see if anything jumps out at me. The usual culprits are not getting in your salt or oil, not drinking enough water, or not using your one restricted item per day.

Please review my diary! I welcome all advice and sincerely appreciate it. I may have been on IP for a while and perhaps I'm overlooking something. I've only been on mfp for 2 days so diary is minimal. But please look!

I looked them up in the mfp database (leg extension, leg curls, etc.). Perhaps it was just a server hiccup. Thanks!

IPDivaJen, Glad you're back, you look great and have impressive stats!

MrPhillips
01-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Good luck!

scorbett1103
01-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Jen!!! So glad you're back, you have been on my mind because I am getting the itch to run myself. Congrats on completing the 5K!

NinjaNurse - what Calisto said is 100% true. Remember they are only measuring specific areas, not all over. There were a number of weeks I lost no (or barely any) inches, but I KNOW I got smaller. Much of my weight loss has been in my tummy across my bellybutton area - and that has never been measured. My calves have also shrunk but those don't get measured either. TRUST IN THE FORCE LUKE!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy:

WildWire and Chloe - I will do a diary check for you and send you a PM :)

Speaking of 5K, I did my first day of the Couch to 5K program today. It felt SO GOOD!!! I'm at a point where I know I can physically sustain the first 3 weeks of the program still on phase 1, and I'm totally OK if my losses slow down a bit as a result of the added exercise. I've been doing very light yoga on the Wii Fit for a couple of weeks now (every 2 or 3 days), so I think this will be a nice complement to that routine. I am going to add 2 egg whites at breakfast on C25k days, plus the extra packet afterward. I just do an extra packet on Wii Fit days because I barely burn 100 calories doing it.

Bellamack
01-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Hi Wild Wire,

in 2011, I did IP for 5 months and I never got the energy surge that alot of people speak of, I don't think everyone gets it. As soon as I phased, I got my energy back. Hope that helps you.

Chloe222
01-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Wild Wire,
I felt better when I was in phase 2 and phase 3, and then off the program for a little while. However, I'm back on phase 1 and will be till I lose 20 pounds. It's so worth it to me to persevere. You will find your blood tests will show improvements (lower cholesterol, triglycerides, etc.). My bloodwork was technically fine before IP, 3-4 months into IP, my results were even healthier. I went off IP for no good reasons and my bloodwork showed the differences.

BTW, the reasons for all this bloodwork are related to unforeseen surgeries during 2012 and then a physical, so it just happened that I could track these things.

So if you can handle a lesser amount of energy, losing weight on IP has so many benefits that hopefully it's worth it.

Wild wire
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone! I am just pushing thru it! In the old days - I would pump up my energy with soda & chocolate! I may go to my dr and make sure my blood levels/sugar is ok. I found I need my restricted as a snack before bed otherwise I feel really crappy in the morning.

Thx! Shauna

usmcvet
01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
awww :hug::hug::hug: hope u don't catch it!!! :p:devil:

Well you're cute enough that I'd risk it. You're doing so well and catching up to me. 112 is freaking Awesomeness.

Aw thanks Chloe :) I am not really that good of a dieter - I just want to get it done so I can be OFF the diet and on to maintenance as soon as possible!! :)

Pepper - regarding the Novi-Cure, I have looked at the products and personally it's not something I would spend my money on. For one, you don't need to "detox" your organs. That is what your liver/kidneys are for, and unless you have known issues, they are likely doing their job just fine. The only "flush" you need is plenty of water to keep things moving through those organs. The "cleanse" part is really just psyllium husks, which you can buy at any health food store much cheaper than through IP. Just my opinion, but I'd save my money.. I'd say they're all a a scam too. In the stickies one of the founders of 3fc says the cleanse is a scam too.

futurefitchick - so sorry to hear about your pup. Take care. well I didn't know you were gone but welcome back! I've been kinda absent too!:hug:

Good afternoon everyone! Talk about cold... here it was -18 (yes, that is a negative) this morning... and that actually isn't THAT cold for when it gets cold.

My car did start so I was able to make it to the gym. We were with the family in the city over the weekend, so it felt good to get back in my routine.

I admit, I did not do as good as I thought I would OP over the weekend. This was my first time on IP away from my house, so it was an eye opener, for sure. I certainly fell into the 'well I got off track, so I'll just eat carbs' mindset. I didn't overdo it at all, but certainly didn't stick to the plan.

I'm back home, and know that getting back to my routine will make it easy to welcome in the new year, completely OP. I've been reading many of the recipe posts for inspiration and am ready to just move forward. I also didn't come here and read my daily fill of inspiration as much as I usually do while I was gone!

Have a great day, everyone! ok I give! -18 wins. As long as it is -18F. :o

My focus needs more focus! Thanks for making me smile!
usmcvet You can do it!!! What great incentive!!
monica Yikes hope you are feeling better!! Did you get your flu shot?? We were coerced into getting one or wear a mask while at work.
Maezy I am dreaming of 45 degree weather right now.
scorbett You are a great dieter and a very helpful one. Did you sign up for the Diva Dash yet?? We can also do a biking together............Last Gasp..........look into it. There are a lot of cycling events, but most of them are to raise money for charity. (Like the one I did a couple of years ago) There are also bike groups in our area. I'll have to look for the list.
Rainbow Where were you in VT?? A woman I work with was there with her family last week. I forget the name of the place, something dream like?? about a hour Northwest of Burlington.
I live in Barre, VT and work in Waterbury, VT. Think Ben&Jerry's and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
So my WI was today. I felt like crap. I think the only reason I did not get strep from my daughter is because I am already on antibiotics. But I have a awful sore throat and feel blah. I don't know what ever happened to my immune system.

I am irrationally upset about the weight loss I know but I was on target this week and was hoping for a bump after last week. My coach said it cold be because I've been sick but I because I was out of work, I haven't been running around as much. And of course she wasn't all excited like she had been for me in the past.

Of course they hounded me about my freaking vitamins again. I bought the multivit's but I still have Cal/Mag. I honestly don't know why I have so many. I did mess up a couple of days, but not an entire week. THEN I only bought a few items, because I have overbought in the past. I probably didn't even need to buy any. BUT, the coach was asking me if I had enough food. (rockin bod coach) Well, if you are keeping track of me in your computer you would see I have bought way more than enough in the past.

The other coach barely said a word to me, she was busy checking her AOL. There was no one else in there.

It's just so aggravating and not what I expected from coaching at all.
Trust you body. I know when my clothes feel loos the whoosh fairy is on the way. It will work if you stick OP! :hug:
I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to adequately use this website. I guess I'm a little slower than the rest of you. :o)
What is the difference between a "sticky" and a "thread"? Also, people have said to look in the recipe threads but I can't figure out how to find a recipe thread? Can someone explain it to me? Thanks in advance for any help!!

This is a daily thread.

The stickies are at the top of the IP section and don't move. They're in the same spot every day. They're reference posts.

I bookmarked the IP section here and go straight to it every time I visit.

sahmmommy2
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM

Hope you're feeling better! The big "C" is tricky to maneuver around at first, but you'll figure out what works for you. I've also noticed I get a headache if I don't have enough salt and will run and throw some salt in 24 oz water and chug, chug, chug. Almost always gets rid of the headache.

Chloe222
01-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks everyone! I am just pushing thru it! In the old days - I would pump up my energy with soda & chocolate! I may go to my dr and make sure my blood levels/sugar is ok. I found I need my restricted as a snack before bed otherwise I feel really crappy in the morning.

Thx! Shauna

Wild Wire,
Consider using a casein protein powder as your bedtime snack. Casein is a slow digesting protein. Many body builders use it when they need slow digesting protein to help them stay feeling full. It will help keep you deep in ketosis overnight and you will probably feel better in the morning. I bought mine from GNC but there are many sources.

I have also started using it in the morning since it is naturally thicker and just makes my coffee taste better than other additives (unsweetened almond milk, puddings or shakes). I never could use skim milk.

millertime
01-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I am starting again and looking forward to working with a new group. It's been about a year and while the bulk of the weight is still off, I have gained about 18 pounds back. So my first goal is to lose 18 by Valentine's day. Very Doable!

rainbowsmiles
01-02-2013, 11:18 PM
I've been lurking here for the past few weeks, learning and preparing, and officially started doing IP with alternatives yesterday. I'd previous lost 105 pounds on my own using various methods (over several years), but 45 of those pounds have somehow found me again. I'm hoping to loose that 45 and 20 more, and I really look forward to the support you share on this board.

I wonder LizRR what chicken broth you found that has has 5 calories and 0g fat/0g carb/1g protein per cup? Thanks!

i use the college inn low sodium broth
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7847915598_303815ffd2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/7847915598/)

http://www.collegeinn.com/products/light-fat-free-chicken.aspx
it is 5 calories and 0/0/0/

Holy to the minus 18, I thought 3 degrees here in upstate NY was bad. lol

Rainbow you look wonderful

futurefitchick, been there too many times, they are part of the family. I was reading your post and then scrolled down to the pic and just cried. I am so sorry "_

thank you bella :hug: :hug: :hug:

good advice! I'm taking it :D

one word right?? nothing like being in control!!!

i love this saying too!!!!!!!!!!!

You're my hero. A sick phlegm-ey one, but a hero nonetheless!!

still sick....but had a lovely afternoon nap!!!!!!!!!

Rainbow,
Brilliant, positively brilliant! I like rephrasing that way, "I don't want any right at this moment." It's not offensive and it's strong. People won't push (most likely).

Chloe

yep.... you are right...they never question or push!

Nice rainbow, thanks.

:hug::hug: you are welcome :)

:cp: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is just awesome!!!!!!!!!

yes vermont...i was in the northeast kingdom...in westmore right on lake willoughby!! its a lovely area!!

Well you're cute enough that I'd risk it. You're doing so well and catching up to me. 112 is freaking Awesomeness.

awwww shucks!!!!!!! :o

lisa32989
01-02-2013, 11:21 PM

Stickies are at the top of this forum. They don't move
Threads are all the topics
Links to recipes are in stickies or in the first post of every daily chat thread, every day.

Welcome! You'll figure it out :)

MonicaKolesnik
01-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement which I have been sick :hug: I did not get back on here because I was napping, it makes me happy.

NinjaNurse, no I never did get the flu shot I was working when they had the clinics so I missed out, but my father did get the shot and he still got the flu at the same time as me with the same visit :dizzy:. I am so sorry to here about your aggravating coaching. I feel like the best move I made for myself was to lose the coaching as in was not meeting my expectations or my needs so it became more of a hindrance, though she was very nice :) I hope it gets better for you.

usmcvet
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Rainbow! You were in my little state of VT! Okay I'm done pouting. Is the chicken broth any good?what do you add if anything to it?

NinjaNurse
01-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Rainbow! You were in my little state of VT! Okay I'm done pouting. Is the chicken broth any good?what do you add if anything to it?

I use both the chicken and beef versions that are 0/0/0 and think they are delish!!!

sonyainva
01-03-2013, 03:56 AM
For the person with low energy, my coach asked me to add an extra potassium, which I take with my second meal of the day

newlady
01-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Had a great day stayed OP today and getting weight down a lot of water. Looking forward to getting to goal. Hope everyone have a great day. My daughter is still struggling cannot see her yet but believing God is going to help her threw this.

FutureFitChick
01-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning, Everyone.

Pup is still hanging in there, but continues to decline. I am still glad we brought her home. I am going to make a turkey today to see if she will eat any. When you are making a turkey on IP do you just baste it with broth and herbs? I didn't have time to brine it and Mom always used butter for that. (I don't have a ton of turkey cooking experience as DH is vegetarian, so there is not a lot of point in usually making one for the two of us.)

Both my husband and I have some work flexibility right now so we could both worth at home with her by our side. We really are lucky.

Food was 100% on plan yesterday, although the scale did not reward me this morning (TOM). I know the reason and that it will pass and I am not giving up and am staying on plan! Breakfast was 100% this morning as well. Thanks again for your support. I know I would not be staying on plan without all of you!

MonicaKolesnik, I hope you are feeling much better!

NewLady, great job staying on plan in the midst of the family crisis. Sending out prayers on your behalf.

Millertime, hope you have a great start to your program! I look forward to getting to know you.