Simply Filling/Core - Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) January 1-15

Tejas
01-01-2013, 10:13 PM
New pages!

Tejas
01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
New pages, a little late, but here they are...

Vickie, we did not take the kids...they all stayed home.

We had our black-eyed peas and cornbread with friends, and niece and her husband came over tonight for dinner.

I didn't sleep well since someone called us at 3AM today ---wrong number---and I couldn't get back to sleep until 7AM. :yawn:

resolutions?? just to do better...

ontarget
01-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Doing better is good. I should try that. :lol:

I'm going back on CORE tomorrow. Did I just say that a couple weeks ago?

nancy237
01-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I am still at my friends..Wonderful time, enjoying the baby and learning lots of
new recipes. Today I ate collards, black eyed peas, cornbread, pork roast,green beans, creamed potatoes, and peach cobbler..Last night we did a big seafood boil that was amazing. Driving home early in the morning to keep my grandson
for the day. My boys are flying back from Africa tonight and will be home
by about 10 am :carrot:
Still don't know how I plan to get pounds off this year..I love good food too much..

beach bum
01-02-2013, 07:20 AM
MOVED YESTERDAYS POST FROM 2012 TO 2013

Good Morning and Happy & Healthy New Year.. I didn't celebrate I was in bed at 11 PM. First we lost Guy Lombardi and now Dick Clark,New Years doesn't mean that much to me anymore.

I got up this morning and couldn't go to Mass. I was very disappointed but my cold is getting worse and the outdoor walking path is icy as I could go out to buy some rock salt. I ran out of meds also, In fact my refrig is emptying out,I guess if I can't get out tomorrow I will have to use the Pea Pod that Stop & Shop offers.

NANCY=Thanks on all counts, Being sick and not being able to outside is hard to deal with,as I'm never home.

SANDRA=Glad that your feeling better,if my symptoms don't get better I have to see my doctor,and hes going to tell me I told you so, after refusing the flu and the pneumonia shot.

SLOAN=Thanks I was lucky I got home in time before the snow started. After I got off the thread I will call my DD and see how my DGD is doing.

RHONDA=Thanks, I know the news about Hillary was shocking to hear. Hope she get better.

PAM=Thanks,for you kind words hope to be soon as I don't like be confined to the house,as I'm always on the go.

Have a great day,

pam920
01-02-2013, 09:55 AM
morning chicks.

I got on the scale this morning and lets just say I'm not happy. We are eating out too much with bad choices, eating too much salt, not enough veggies. Today starts a new day with a better outlook. I have a few projects, which will keep me busy so I won't be sitting and eating.

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages. I guess the black eyed peas isn't completely southern. My dh is from KY and they don't follow that tradition.

Sandra, good luck sticking with Core.

Nancy, glad ou enjoyed your visit. Have fun with grandkids.

My sis sent me a recipe for steel cut oats. I will let you know if they are as good as my regular recipe.

ontarget
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Pam, thank you for the ;) 's. I need them. Good luck to you, too.

Nancy, good luck to you, too. I love good food, too. It's a shame we still have to eat and can't just abstain. :lol:

Tejas
01-02-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm enjoying some good food--Bluebell ice cream :lol: But, just a small 1/2 cup container.

Maryann--I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly and are confined. I hate it too, but sometimes can just relax into it. you know the old saying about take meds and be well in 5 days or don't take meds and be well in five days. I do hope you get some food in though.

Nancy, it's good to hear that you're having fun. You're not alone in that loving good food!

Pam, I won't even get on the scales yet. I'm headed back to the gym to see if my foot will take the elliptical.

I learned that some southerners eat cabbage on New Year's Day but we never did. It's for good luck. We do normally eat collards since they are green and tht symbolizes money. But, cabbage was new to me.

I'm getting my mind around trying to aim toward losing a pound a week. I've got to get it off because I really do NOT like the way I look in my tap costume. It's cute, but I'm not :lol:

ontarget
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Maryann, I thought I had posted to you earlier. I hope you get better soon.

Rhonda, I think you're cute but lose the weight if you want. (Guess you don't really need my permission, though.) We had some Blue Bell last year. (Monday)

I made some good choices today, but I did not exercise.

pam920
01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm not a big ice cream eater, which is good for me, I guess. I have made good choices today. My downfall was some cashews. I made mexican stuffed chicken for dinner, along with quinoa and some fresh grilled veggies. Tomorrow I need to drink water. We did take a long walk today.

Rhonda, I am hoping to lose a pound a week too. We can do this.

Sandra, lol @ having ice cream last year. You are so funny.

Maryann, hope you start feeling better soon. Did you get snow?

sloanie
01-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Officially going to start WW meetings this Saturday. Since my schedule has changed due to starting my college program, I will be free on Saturday mornings, so that is my plan. Not sure if I will count points or eat core foods, but I had the same thought about losing a pound per week. Just think, if we all do that, we will have each lost 20 pounds by the end of May. Just in time for bikini season :rofl:

Maryann, feel better!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget
01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Wow! We can be ready for bikini season!!!!

Sloan, you're a hoot! No wonder I like you. Good success with WW. I'm doing CORE without meetings for now. But ya'll know me. I may be back into meetings before long.

Pam, yesterday I made what tasted to me like pineapple sherbert yesterday. I made it using 1 cup ff plain Greek yogurt, 1 can crushed pineapple (drained) and a little Splenda. I froze it in my new ice cream maker (doesn't use salt/ice). I liked it all right. Curtis tried 2 bites and said he might eat more next time. Today I'm going to freeze a smoothie.

Got to go. I need to cook lunch.

Tejas
01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
:wave:

Tejas
01-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I get the prize, although the last post wasn't much.

Ok, today's the day. Out with the sugar, low carb and low fat coming up.

We can do it. :dance:

pam920
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
morning.

Sandra, your sherbert sounds good. I love pineapple.

Rhonda, yes, we can do this. I have cut out senseless snacking. I'm down a pound this morning.

nancy237
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Youngest son worried me yesterday with flu like symptoms. Since he had just returned from Africa I of course googled all the things he could have brought home from there..Scared me to death..He was feeling better today and headed back to school. He has strict instructions to go to an ER if he has anymore fever..

I am getting my house back to pre-holiday condition..
Took down the :tree: no chainsaws needed :rofl:

I am going to try to reevaluate all the things I keep this year.
I have been reading a minimalist blog that is helping. It says sometimes
organization is just well planned hoarding..Its true that sometimes I group things and think I have done something when really I shouldn't be keeping
most of it anyway..Planning to move has made me realize that I need a bigger place just because of my stuff that I never use..That is crazy..I want to have an attic in my next house to store all my current attic stuff ..I don't need 90% of the things in my attic...Everytime I send things away (give away,sell,throw out) I feel some relief ..I just gave my son 2 dish drainers, because I had 3 dish drainers that I don't use...

ontarget
01-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Nancy, :lol: Glad you got rid of a dish drainer. Now start tossing but be careful not to over-toss. I am glad ds is better. I'd be worried, too. I hope it's just a cold or even the flu.

Pam, I struggled with my snacking some last evening but made it through all right. Thank goodness for some lo ham.

Rhonda, you'll do well. I have no doubts at all. You have a wealth of "to it"ness.

Today is day 3 CORE(ish) for me. Whatever I am doing and will do has to be better than the free-for-all I had been having.

Vickie and Sloan, I hope you're having a good day.

Sloan, I guess it's WW tomorrow for you. Let us know how it goes.

Vickie, I'm not going to WW right now. I will if I start having problems, though. Are you going?

Maryann, I hope you're feeling better.

Have a good day, all. I will be back later.

pam920
01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I'll take a dish drainer. No wait, I have one, but you never know when you'll need another one, lol.

I'm pretty excited. My internet friend is in Florida and we are meeting up for dinner tonight. I've been friends with her for about 15 yrs but we never met. We are meeting up at Carrabbas (my favorite restaurant). She lives in Missouri. Her brother in law lives in Ft Walton Bch, in the panhandle but she said she was making sure we got to meet up this visit. So, it's out of their way to come here.

sloanie
01-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Tomorrow is "D day". I am going to an 8:00 WW meeting. I really dread the scale. I am almost back to my heaviest weight ever! Wish me luck and :dust:

Nancy, sometimes I toss too much! It seems like every time I get brave and get rid of something I haven't used in years, I wish I had it back in about 3 days! It is freeing though :D

Pam, have fun with your friend! :D

Sandra, congrats on being CORE (ish) for three days :dancer:

Rhonda, how are the little girls? Hope they are all better :yes:

Hey, Maryann and Vickie :sunny:

Hope y'all are having a great night! I'll let you know how WW goes in the morning :yikes:

Tejas
01-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Good Morning:

The kids---3 boys and 2 girls--who were expected for New Year's are all better now. But, I have not re-issued the invitation :lol: That was a once-a- year chance for their parents.

I did fairly well with food yesterday, and today I start back on the two protein shakes and one meal a day routine. Right now, I'm not counting calories but just trying to do what's right.

We took some of our books to the book sellers and got $17. That more than paid for lunch out. The rest are going to the second- hand store that sells for Habitat for Humanity or just to recycle.

Nancy, I think it is correct that organization is organized hoarding. I'm being ruthless with my books. I have moments of "oh just keep them" but I get over it. Now, my Christmas decorations---that's another story. But, I can see another way of living. I have a great-nephew who lives in a cabin in Vermont that is only 400 square feet, has no running water and is heated with a wood stove. It's a matter of principle for him.

Pam, I hope you had fun with your friend. And, good luck Sloanie.

pam920
01-05-2013, 08:52 AM
morning chickies.

Sloan, good luck at WW today. It seems like every Jan, they rename their program, but it doesn't really change. Curious what they are doing new that made them change the name.

Rhonda, I don't think I could do 2 shakes and one meal. I like to eat too much.

Had a great time with my internet friend. She was everything I thought she'd be. The men hit it off. It was non-stop chatter.

Have a great weekend.

nancy237
01-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Morning everyone...

I decided to go back to what has worked for me ..Low Carb..I can't eat much wheat anyway and at least I am not hungry doing Low Carb.. If anyone is on Pineterest, I found a neat collection of Low Carb Lunch ideas ..Pineterest is strange when you set it up but once set up its easy to just add any internet idea to my site . Its like an online filing system of ideas..

My morning routine needs help..It takes me forever to get going in the mornings when I don't have to be anywhere..Any morning routine ideas ??
I have a friend that gets up an hour early to read..A morning walk would be great if I could make myself do that..

Rhonda..I am taking one space at a time and you are motivating me to start my book room..I really only want to keep some fiction for guests , some favorites & reference..But I love my books...

My realtor says Feb is a good time to return the house to the market..Being the procrastinator that I am I may or may not do that..
I just saw a job posted at an elementary school 20 min away that begins Feb4th. I think my references for the local application have expired so I need to get those up to date before I may apply.. Kinda neat that it would be Feb-June and then summer break..

sloanie
01-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey chickies! WW was good this morning. I really like the leader, she is very upbeat, and I like that. Honestly, I didn't even focus on the weight she wrote down, but I think it was 152.something. I will update my tracker later. I cannot believe I have allowed myself to gain all of the weight that I lost! Oh well, I have gone through the "big M" since I lost the weight, so that may have something to do with it. I am not making excuses, though. I have definitely slipped back into old habits, and I know that is most of the problem. Today, I plan to do some cooking for the freezer so I have lunch ready. I also need to plan some filling breakfasts that are low point and don't include milk or oats. Both of them hurt my tummy :( Suggestions are appreciated.

Pam, I am so glad you got to be with your internet friend, and that she was everything you thought she would be. WW has not changed the program much. I don't know how long it has been since you were there, but the only difference I see is that you can switch from core to points plus on a daily basis (it used to be that you had to stay on one or the other for a week at a time). I believe the re-vamp this time is more of a focus on behavior modification in all areas of life with more information on the science behind why we eat the way we do.

Rhonda, your nephew sounds like an interesting person! Glad the kiddos are all better. I like the idea of the "once a year" offer. Makes me smile :D

Nancy, I am quite addicted to Pinterest. I follow you, so I have been seeing some of your low carb pins! The job at the school sounds good. You are right, summers off are wonderful. Even though teachers end up doing "school stuff" a lot during the summer, it is still nice!

Hey Sandra, Vickie, and Maryann!

TTFN, chicks :goodvibes

Tejas
01-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Just made this, and it's delicious:

This is from Mario Batali's cookbook Molto Italiano

Makes 4 cups

1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 spanish onion diced

4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced

3 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme

1/2 medium carrot, finely shredded

2 - 28 ounce cans whole tomatoes

Heat olive oil in 3- quart saucepan.

Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and brown.

Add the thyme and cook until carrot is soft (about 5 minutes)

Add the tomatoes, with their juice, bring to a boil while stirring.

Lower the heat and simmer until thick, about 30 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

The sauce can be refrigerated for a week or frozen for 6 months.

ontarget
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Mmmmmmmmm, Rhonda. Sounds good.

Pam, I agree with Sloan. There was very very few changes made. 360 is mainly about setting some routines, tracking, and getting your home and other places WW-friendly. Well, it's also about exercise.

Nancy, Feb is coming up soon. Feb-June sounds good to me. Go for it!

We had some red wine tonight. (Neither of us really liked it. We're not red wine folks even though it's healthier than white wine.) Life goes on.

nancy237
01-05-2013, 08:10 PM
agreed to keep my Grandson on a short notice, but he is sick only 20 minutes after getting here.. This may have been a set up :D

ontarget
01-05-2013, 08:44 PM
:rofl: Sorry, Nancy, I couldn't resist.

pam920
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
too funny, both of you.

I thought maybe WW didn't really change anything. They make a big deal every Dec. to draw in new clients.

I love Pinterest. Whenever I find a new recipe, I pin it instead of writing it out. Much easier to take the laptop into the kitchen. I scribble, so it's hard to read my writing sometimes.

nancy237
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Pam, Good idea to put online recipes there. Maybe that will help me have
ingredient lists also on my Iphone at the grocery store.

My grandson feels better, just a temporary tummy ache. We are watching
the movie, The Mighty. Excellent family movie !!!

ontarget
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Nancy, glad the evening worked out for both of you.

We're dressed waiting to go to church. Looks like we'll take the boat out on the lake today to chase some fish. Have a great day, all!

Tejas
01-06-2013, 03:25 PM
lost my post! phooey....I'll be back later!

ontarget
01-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Doggone it! I was doing great with my eating today till around 3 pm. Tomorrow is another --and a better day.

Tejas
01-06-2013, 11:35 PM
I was doing great until I made banana pudding for DH :lol:

Oh well, it could have been much, much worse.

nancy237
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Where is everyone??

My cousin is coming over to go to the gym with me to hold my hand for my first visit. I won't be able to find an excuse to put it off til another day if she comes to go with me. I am going to try to find some walking pals too.

Planning to stock my kitchen today for Low Carb..Still need easy lunches that
don't require much prep. I have breakfast & dinners figured out. Maybe left overs & low carb wraps. I may look for some tasty low carb wraps at Trader Joes.

ontarget
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Good luck, Nancy. I hope this works for you.

Rhonda, we're stocked up for the rainy weather. Thank you again for the website.

sloanie
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Busy day! I've managed to stay OP for two days :) GTG start supper, TTFN

nancy237
01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Sticking with my Low Carb but the scales aren't moving yet..

I found some good Low Carb frozen entrees at Trader Joes that I can fix fast and have leftovers for lunch when I haven't cooked anything..

Didn't get to the gym, but I will this week !!

Headed out to eat with a friend. Not really hungry so I should do okay..

sloanie
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I have done something really awful and need your help! I was sent a "Flat Stanley" from my cousin's son to pass along. Somehow between DD and I, we have lost the letter. If I get the address of Connor's school, could I ask each of you to send a post card? He is the only one in his class who has not gotten a post card, and it is all my fault:( I am waiting for my cousin to get me the address of the school. The "Flat Stanley" project is done by students sending a colored picture of a boy or girl to family and friends through the mail with each recipient being asked to mail a postcard to show where "Flat Stanley" has been. When I get the address, I will post it here. I hope you all can help your scatterbrained friend :dizzy:

PS: I just heard from my cousin, and he is getting the address for me. Also, I forgot to say that if you have family or friends in other states, could you ask them to send a card, too? Maybe I can redeem myself by having Connor get loads of cards!

nancy237
01-07-2013, 07:09 PM
haha I am sorry but the thought of an Amber Alert being out on Flat Stanley
is funny. Will send a postcard as soon as I know where..:p

sloanie
01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks Nancy! I hope to have the address in the next couple of days. An Amber alert is pretty funny :lol3:

Tejas
01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Never heard of Flat Stanley, but I'll send a card.

Doing so-so with food. Tap dancing starts again tomorrow. :dancer:

pam920
01-08-2013, 07:44 AM
count me in for Flat Stanley.

I'm up early for a change. Coffee is on.

Did you all hear about the plane crash in Florida. The plane hit the roof of a house. The pilot was my twins Spanish teacher. The town is grieving his loss. He was a wonder teacher and mentor to so many students.

We were driving yesterday and a coyote ran across the road. He was pretty fast.

Have a good day chicks

Vickie
01-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm still alive and well. Having good days and bad days but still walking. It's hard but necessary.

Hey to everyone. Gotta run but wanted to let Sloan know that I'll send a card as soon as I get an address. I have a cute Scottie one to use. It doesn't have to be a POSTCARD, right?

ontarget
01-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Sloan, I'll send a card, too.

Pam, that's sad about the plane crash. Sorry to hear it.

Vickie, it's good to see you here. I'm off and on, too. I'm still saying, "This is my day," and am not aiming for "This is my year," any more. Don't know if that will help or not.

Rhonda, do you have your ark built? We will probably be on an island by tomorrow night, but that's all right. We need the rain.

Nancy, you sound focused and well-planned. Way to go!

I have a pot of taco soup on the stove and am making COREpones for me. Curtis has cornbread. We're going to Ft. Worth for a doctor's appointment for his shoulder after lunch. Hopefully, we'll be home before the heavy rains begin here. Catch you later.

nancy237
01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Nancy, you sound focused and well-planned. Way to go!

:rofl:

I am anything but this...but I am trying to get there !!

Pam
I am sorry about the teacher..sad..

ontarget
01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Nancy, I look at your weight tracker with envy. Wish mine was 140's, 150's, or even 160's. I think you're making a lot of good, healthy choices. And, yes, I know, I should not be wishing to weigh what you weigh. I should be working toward it. Till I get there I am going to give myself permission to be green. Love you, girl!

Tejas
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
No ark, Sandra, but we may float away...that's good. The dog, the birds, the squirrels aren't happy!

Sloan...can you eat eggs for breakfast? have you tried spelt cereals?

I'm doing OK with food.

I saw podiatrist today who said that I'm healing well, and by April I shouldn't have any residual pain. I hope so. My foot still hurts from time to time, still swells, but it is much better. It did feel the effects of going back to tap.

ontarget
01-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Rhonda, glad you got the good report. Curtis got one, too. Ain't life grand! You two have been suffering too long and deserve to be painfree.

nancy237
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Glad Rhonda & Curtis got good reports.

Sandra..Thanks for the encouragement, but don't forget that I am short & small framed..So I am 30lbs over where my Dr wants me.. The "well planned" made me laugh because I am such a terrible planner..Love you back !!

I cleaned out my closet today, I have decided to take at least a space a day and purge & organize..I decided to organize my tops by colors, we will see how long that lasts..Looks nice now..

Trying to decide what else to do before I am done for the day..

Take care chicks !!

sloanie
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Rhonda, I love eggs for breakfast, but I haven't tried spelt cereal. Wonder if it would hurt my tummy like wheat? Glad the doc had good news for you!

No address for "Flat Stanley", yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

TTFN

sloanie
01-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Here is the address for my cousin's son. I think the card is supposed to have a note about Flat Connor visiting your town and having fun seeing sights in the area or some kind of "having a great time, wish you were here" sentiment. I believe they are interested in post cards, but at this point, anything would be awesome. I believe they are most interested in the postmarks they will be getting from all around the country. Thanks for helping me redeem myself!

Flat Connor
c/o Mr. Maguire
Westchester Elementary School
2300 Old Frederick Road
Catonsville, MD 21228

You chickies are awesome!!!

ontarget
01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Sloan, I'll get a card into the mail.

sloanie
01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Sandra!

Tejas
01-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Card on the way.

Sloan, I know people who can't eat wheat who can eat spelt, but I don't know for sure...maybe there is info on the 'net.

Don't tell her I told you but tomorrow is Sandra's birthday.

nancy237
01-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Don't tell her I told you but tomorrow is Sandra's birthday.

haha ..your secret is totally safe !!!

Sloan..I will grab a postcard tomorrow that shows something in our city..

sloanie
01-09-2013, 05:55 AM
:bday2you: Sandra!!!

sloanie
01-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Thanks for sending cards, Rhonda and Nancy!

pam920
01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
:bday2: Sandra. What are your plans? Have a super day.

sloan, I'll try to get out today and mail my card.

It's going to be hot today. We are expecting 80's this week.

Tejas
01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
:hb: Sandra...I'm sure it's to wet to light the candles on the cake! It's been raining here since yesterday before noon....almost 24 hours....puddles everywhere in the yard and the dog is very miffed!

Vickie
01-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Sending my card today. Sorry I don't have any postcards and if I waited until I went out for one it would probably never be sent!

nancy237
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
SANDRA !!!

:celebrate::bday2you::bday2you::balloons:

ontarget
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It's been a great day. I'm still in jammies (almost 4 pm). I've been watching it rain all day.

Sloan, I'm going to do like Vickie. I'm making a card. If I wait till I get to a store, it probably wouldn't get done.

Rhonda, we are on our private island (almost).

I just made some sugarless/flourless cookies. They are CORE except for the few raisins I put in them. I'm thinking they will teach me moderation. The recipe made 12 using 2 cups oats. :lol:

Vickie
01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Happy HAPPY Birthday, Sandra! You are a beautiful person inside and out. Hope to meet you in person one day.

ontarget
01-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you, Vickie. I'd like to meet you ion person some day, too. <3

nancy237
01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Are we allowed to share links to recipes we find.
I guess I will find out:D

These egg muffins look like the perfect thing for an on-the-go breakfast .

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html

Tejas
01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Nancy, that's a good site. Thanks for posting.

Sloan, I just checked my spelt cereal. it says "contains wheat." Oh well....

You're all welcome to come to Denton for a meet up! :dance:

sloanie
01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks to all of you for sending cards. As I said, at this point, Connor will just be excited to get mail! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!!

sloanie
01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks for checking on that, Rhonda. I will look at some cereals when I go shopping next time. :)

Tejas
01-10-2013, 01:52 PM
We're having red beans, ham and corn bread for lunch. :hungry:

ontarget
01-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Rhonda, dinner sounds good. We had taco soup. Curtis had cornbread. I had hot water cornbread.

sloanie
01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Rhonda and Sandra, your food sounds good!

Tejas
01-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Mine was :lol:

Vickie
01-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm on my way to see Lincoln before it leaves the shows. Have a great day.

Tejas
01-11-2013, 07:25 PM
We saw Lincoln this afternoon....fantastic acting, dialogue, cinematography..all of it.

We have the grandkids for the night, until tomorrow...:wave:

ontarget
01-11-2013, 08:31 PM
My brother told me today they are going to have to amputate his right foot, and they will have to do it soon. This is so sad.

nancy237
01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Sandra,
I hate to hear this news..Many ups & downs for your brother & family...
Let us know more about when...:hug:

ontarget
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
You're right, Nancy. I've never seen so many ups and downs like this. I feel so sad for him.

Tejas
01-11-2013, 11:06 PM
I am so very sorry, Sandra.

sloanie
01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Oh Sandra, that is so sad! I will be praying for all of you.

pam920
01-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Sandra, sorry to hear that. When will they do it? Will pray for him.

I thought I was getting the flu yesterday. Woke up and then started feeling a little sqeezy and my stomach was rumbling. Never did get sick to my stomach and finally felt better by evening. I don't take the flu shot.

Tejas
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I hope you feel better Pam.

We went out to Outback tonight for a nice dinner to reward ourselves for surviving the grandchildren. I had shrimp and salmon and veggies....and one glass of Chardonney. i ate only half the meal and brought the rest home...drank all the wine :lol:

sloanie
01-13-2013, 12:04 AM
It is definitely "alcohol abuse" if you leave wine in your glass :rofl:

Tejas
01-13-2013, 09:58 AM
:rofl: :lol:

Tejas
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Pot roast for dinner :hungry:

Icecat62
01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm back to WW. I'm in the process of getting a divorce and due to not being able to workout like I use to and eating too much, I've gotten 10 lbs. over my goal weight. 10 lbs. may not seem like a lot to some people, but 10 leads to 20, then 30. I'm hoping to get in control of my eating. It doesn't help that I'm a compulsive eater either. WW was the only thing that took the weight off and kept it off. Wish me luck in getting back on track and staying healthy!

nancy237
01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Icecat

:welcome:

I am usually the last one on here on Monday morning.
I think everyone else had too much wine this weekend:D

Glad for you to join us, this is a great group !!!

I think you are smart to deal with the 10 lbs now so it doesn't
get any worse. If you can do that with all the stress of divorce
that is impressive !! Go girl !!!!

ontarget
01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
:welcome: Icecat and kudos to you for nipping this in the bud. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

I'm moody right now. Today I'm concentrating on my eating. Hopefully, it will be better.

enchanted desert
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could join your group? I am posting elsewhere but things seem to be SO quiet :( I have returned to weight watchers and am trying to stay 100%.

Thanks so much :)

nancy237
01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Enchanted ,
:wel3fc:

We will cheer you on. I am finally actually losing this month after talking about it for years..

Come on everyone , lets cheer :cheer2: each other to a leaner 2013 !!!!

I still can't seem to get to the gym that I have been paying for & not using for
a year. So , I decided to cancel it and start walking,hiking & biking and also doing the yoga tape my daughter gave me for Christmas. Maybe I can find a walking buddy too. Wish you gals lived here !!

When I think of going to the gym I feel :blah:
When I think of taking a nature walk or biking I feel :flow2:

nancy237
01-14-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm moody right now. Today I'm concentrating on my eating. Hopefully, it will be better.

:hug:
You have a lot on your mind..
Your "moody" mood is well deserved !!

Tejas
01-14-2013, 07:43 PM
:welcome: newcomers....and, good luck to you and us!!

Nancy, I agree with you about the gym vs walking, etc even though I go to the gym. I was just thinking this morning that I need a gym buddy. I had one in Toronto, but not here.

Sandra :hug:

sloanie
01-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome new chickies!

Sandra, praying for you and your DB. I think moody is definitely appropriate for your situation, but I hope you feel chipper soon!

pam920
01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
welcome newcomers. Great group of chickies on this board.

Sandra, hope you are more UP tonight. When does your brother have his surgery?

I love walking. We walked this morning and this evening I went for a solo walk for 10 minutes. My eating has been good today.

My husband is going back to KY to help his sisters with his mom. She has alzheimers and he will go there for a couple weeks so they can get a break. It's too expensive to travel from Ky to Fl, not to mention the drive is too hard on him, so I told him to just stay in KY. He will go to his parents to relieve the sisters and then back to our place the rest of the time. He will do this monthly. I am staying in Florida until March or April. We won't see each other for over 2 months. That will be the hard part. I could go back to KY, but the thought of going back to the cold weather, when we have this place in FL is not appealing to me. I guess we can skype when he is back at our house. We are going to have a challenge to see who can lose the most weight while we are apart.

Have a good evening

Tejas
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Pam, that would be a difficult separation but that is so good that he can and will help. I could never get my DH to skype..too complicated for him :lol: He would be the first to admit it.

Tejas
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
We have snow :dance:

I'm making French toast and to heck with it!

I found a great dip---white bean hummus--yummy with carrot sticks.

Also, I blended chia seeds, wheat germ, flax seeds and hemp seeds...I figured out that one T of the mix is 50 calories and of course it is full of antioxidents and other good stuff.

pam920
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
French toast can be healthy. I use whole wheat bread, egg, ff milk. I use sugar free syrup and cinnamon.

My dh is cutting the grass and Rhonda's getting snow. Crazy.

Tejas
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Except for the ww bread (out of it right now) I did use healthy ingredients...also added vanilla...it was delicious!

The snow is melting off the streets, thankfully.

ontarget
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Thank you for the hugs. I had a long chat with my brother yesterday and feel better. He seems upbeat, so I guess I should be, too. It's just that I'm his older sister and used to defend him when necessary when we were growing up. I remember one time he was arguing with a classmate. The classmate threatened to get his big bro to beat him up. My bro said he'd get his big sister to beat up his big bro. The classmate got quiet. They knew I could do it. Ya'll didn't know I could be tough, did you? :lol:

I'm debating on going back to WW. Not sure yet.

:welcome: Enchanted. Join right in. Maybe you can give us a jumpstart. I know I need one.

Pam, I don't envy you the long distance from your dh. Curtis and I spent time apart before I retired and moved to Montana. It was tough.

Rhonda, we just had a little sleet and cold rain, but that didn't keep me from celebrating "white stuff." :lol:

Okay, I'm headed over to WW to see what I can to help me decide on whether or not to rejoin.

sloanie
01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Sandra, I'm so glad your brother is feeling upbeat. Love the story of you beatin' people up! Kinda scared me a little :yikes:

Hope you are all having a great night!!

nancy237
01-16-2013, 02:48 AM
Son came home today to prepare for his new job in the mountains, hiking with
at risk kids . I wasn't as strict with my carbs, but did pretty well.
When we were shopping I got light leaded and had to grab a pack of jelly beans
quickly..
Son will leave tomorrow and I get to keep his dog for a week. I just said a few days ago that I needed a walking buddy !! I was thinking human, but Riley will
listen as long as I talk and agree with me 100%