Atkins - Starting Atkins Today!

View Full Version : Starting Atkins Today!

BrittStar027
01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Figured today would be the best day to start (trite, i know). I fell off the wagon (big time) after doing Ideal Protein pretty successfully and losing 40+ pounds. I'm hoping with Atkins i can have similar success and be able to stick with the plan more with more success and without the huge cost factor. Any tips, strategies or suggestions??

BrenM
01-01-2013, 11:11 PM
The problem I had first time around was I grew bored with my food choices. I'm not an adventurous eater, but I have to become in order to make this WOE work for me.

StephanieM
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
If you get bored easily, don't stay in induction too long. Count your calories as well, things add up quick with all the fats we eat on this diet.

I'm going to do induction for a month then move on to OWL.

Simona
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Good luck. Atkins is repetative. I dont mind it because I actually like eating the same thing day after day - saves me time and thinking :)

My only advice is to stay away from the Atkins bars when you're still in Induction. They say "Good For All Phases" but they may slow down your weight loss.

Also, if you havent done so already...read Dr. Atkins' book. Preferably the 2002 version or older.

PrettyMom09
01-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi Britt! I am also starting over after falling off the wagon. I never really tried Atkins before, but I want to try it now. I've also started today. Let me know how it goes, good luck!

lmmuzquiz
01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Everyone! I started Atkins (again!!) yesterday! It works, if you stick to it and don't nibble too much on carby things. Good luck to everyone!! We can do it!!! :carrot:

futurehealthyme
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
We can do it!

MrPhillips
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
I just started using Atkins program yesterday. I find it similar to IP except convenient and much cheaper. I lost another pound over night so I'm weighing in at 153.5 pounds today. I ate a bar and a shake yesterday and still had a good weight loss over night.

Started IP - 12/8/2012
WI#1 - 12/15/2012 - lose 9.2 WI#2 -12/22/12 - lose 6 WI#3 -12/29/2012 - lose 3.2. WI#4 - 1/4/2013 - lose 9 Starting Alternative products 1/3/2013

BrenM
01-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Welcome everyone :)

StephanieM
01-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Edit: Whoops, posted in the wrong place.

BrittStar027
01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I've been doing an Atkins and then will do an Atkins/IP combo with alternatives for IP packets. I'm losing, which is fabulous. I'm feeling better and have more energy. I just hope i can stay positive. Also, breakfast is starting to become a drag. I can't look at eggs any longer. My IP alternatives need to come in the mail ASAP (i'll be able to have a protein shake for breakfast)!

MrPhillips
01-05-2013, 09:39 PM
I've been doing an Atkins and then will do an Atkins/IP combo with alternatives for IP packets. I'm losing, which is fabulous. I'm feeling better and have more energy. I just hope i can stay positive. Also, breakfast is starting to become a drag. I can't look at eggs any longer. My IP alternatives need to come in the mail ASAP (i'll be able to have a protein shake for breakfast)!

Have you tried the Atkins milk chocolate shakes they taste like the IP chocolate shake. I switched to them since they are so much cheaper and they haven't effected my ketosis level at all.

BrenM
01-05-2013, 10:06 PM
What is IP?

MrPhillips
01-06-2013, 12:52 AM
What is IP?

It's Ideal Protein diet. It's similar to Atkins but you have to eat at least 3 of their packets of food daily and the eat 8 ounces of meat, and 4 cups of the approved vegetables each day. It also involves 4 stages. The packets cost $4.00 each and you also have to buy all their vitamins and supplements. Atkins is a whole lot cheaper and gives you more food choices.

BrittStar027
01-06-2013, 06:08 PM
I had fabulous results with IP (Ideal Protein) but the cost was extremely inhibitive. Atkins with an IP twist or vice versa, is proving to be not only effective, but easy!

erin
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi all! I'm just starting today (again), induction for 2 weeks. Happy to see you all here and to have the support.

ultrapeaches
01-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Hey! I restarted yesterday, too. I regained a bit and got up to 150, so I'm restarting induction to push through the last 15 lbs. I was taken by surprise by the keto flu today - I was surprised it was so bad the second time around.

futurehealthyme
01-09-2013, 12:02 AM
WOW WOW WOW Ultrapeaches!
What an inspiration you are!
I looked at your before and after.....you look AMAZING!!!
All the best:congrat:

SA Chick
01-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Hi y'all I'm totally new to atkins and to blogging.... So beware I might ask a few dumb questions...

Please be patient lol...

I started atkins on the 7th, AGAIN after I fell off the wagon over December and regained everything I lost previously and more.... But I'm determined now hee hee

joe anne
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Just started today, cause I need this really bad. My diabetes is outta control:?:

futurehealthyme
01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome joe anne and SA Chick!
We can do this Ladies!
Hang in there and stick to it......
I am on the same journey as you two ....losing weight and being healthy.
SA Chick, your starting weight is a DREAM for me........just know that you are AHEAD of the game already!:carrot::D

Many people here have lost a LOT of weight and are extremely nice and helpful; they offer advice, answer questions and support. I like this site!

All the best you to you!:)

Wheresmychin
01-13-2013, 04:07 AM
Hey, BritStar - 14 days tomorrow, how are you doing? Are you going to carry on Induction or are you moving on?

I also " restarted" on the 1st. I am going to try to do 1 more week of Induction before I start upping my carbs.

PrettyMom09
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Anybody else who started in January around? How are you doing? I started on the 4th, and I've been on plan since then. I lost weight the first week, but nothing the following two weeks. I'm not giving up though, I'm sure the scale will move soon enough.

BrenM
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
I started in January, but have only managed to keep 1 pound off. Had a couple "indulgences" here and there. I need to have more OP days than indulgences. lol But I'm determined to keep plugging along. And I'm SO proud of myself....was at the gas station and bought 4 of their donuts (now, before you say ew, their donuts are AWESOME!!!) planning on eating at least one and sharing the rest with both DD's and DH......I gave them all to my DD's!! lol I didn't take a single bite!!! YAHOO!

PrettyMom09
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Good for you Brenda! Keep up the good work!

Forevermercy
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
I too started in January. Lost 9lbs in the 1st 2 weeks but nothing since then. Still in induction!
Good to know I'm not alone! :)

amgirl1
01-27-2013, 07:15 PM
started sticking to it 100% today :) im excited to get this ball rolling... would like to be at my goal by may... have 44.8 lbs to lose as of this morning... here it goes!! good luck ladies :)

marigrace
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Tomorrow will be my 4th day. Cravings are history. This is a great !

Summer2010
01-28-2013, 05:24 PM
I am re-starting Atkins again tomorrow. This will be my second time since the beginning of the year.
Good luck to me and all of you:)

wannaskipandlaugh
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Hello to you all. I started good ole Atkins 1/5/13 and did so well the first 2 weeks (which I know is mainly water weight) and have seen the up and down and up and down of the 1-2 lbs. It does get frustrating and looking back over my 25 years of keeping track of weight... It was alot easier when I was younger and not Post M (LOL) .. But we get more patience as we get older right? May I post and join you all in your messages as I continue on my path of becoming healthly for once and for all?

Your messages and accomplishments are such motivators. I hope that I can add to that myself :)

SW 293
GW 160
Mini Goal 6/1 260
But I want to see the ONEderland!! :) its been 20+ years

Have a really nice evening and have fun at the Super Game Parties with the jumping up and down off the chairs/couches with each play to burn those cal :))))

wannaskipandlaugh
02-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing on Atkins? Are you all drinking water or doing Tea/Coffee etc instead and does straight water work better? I drink tea mixed with Wyler's SF Pink Lemonade (kinda Sugar Free Arnold Palmer :) ).

I hope that everyone is doing well and are happy as can be.

"You've got to persevere.
Persevere, and keep your sense of humor"
Jim Brady http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/cartooncat01/lb/306/160/290/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Just wondering if straight water is better for weight loss than tea? Just asking :)

StephanieM
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I think just drinking straight water is best. Once in awhile, maybe once a day I'll have a cup of green tea. Be careful with the sugar free sweeteners, on Atkins they recommend not having more than three a day. Some people stall on them.

wannaskipandlaugh
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Ahah!! I thank you very much! I will wean myself off of it.. I tea/Wylers 1 water :) Have a great day (FRIDAY Yipee Tho it does not feel the same when you are not working (still need a job) but it does have a nice feel to it tho)...

Thank you

wannaskipandlaugh
02-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Hello everyone and I hope that you had a wonderful Valentine Day :) My cats kept me company all night long. I also had a good interview for a job where the owner gave a dozen red heart balloons to all her office workers (sounds like a great place to work)...

I made it to a new decade YIPEE YAHOO It is slow going with alot of bumps in the road and backtracking... but at least it is not constantly going in the wrong direction. I have been really steady on Atkins for 6 weeks now (I have had alittle fruit - strawberries now and then tho) and am doing well. Last night tho... PIZZA called my name. I had noone to call to stop me. JUST ME. I made a salad and said to myself if I was still hungry after that... well then get the pizza. I wasn't hungry and I am so proud of myself for the determination. I did not think I had it in me. 1st major challenge and I passed. That is my little victory of the month. I hope that you all have a victory in your recent history!

Have a wonderful and thrilling day. Thrilling as it is a whole new day being a lighter/healthier person!