Metabolic Research Center - MRC January 2013

View Full Version : MRC January 2013

Going4Fit
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Happy New Year all you MRC'ers! I'm betting we'll have lots of new peeps joining us in our successful weight loss journeys!

My goal for 2013: Stabilize and successfully maintain my weight loss. With all the dieting I've done in my life, I have never once reached my goal weight - I've always gone straight from losing to gaining before getting done losing - so I've never experienced maintenance. I'm nervous and excited! This will truly be a new experience for me and I'm thrilled I get to start it at the beginning of a new year! I'm also feeling very smart for hiring MRC because I have earned one year of maintenance support from them. This is what's going to make the difference for me! I've certainly been a more successful loser with their help. :)

patzi
01-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Congratulations, Going 4Fit.. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it..Be excited, but don't be nervous, as you will be fine. If any questions, the center will help you along the way, and also the forum here will be a support for you.

Patzi

Mommy1558
01-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Whooo Hooo! Happy New Year! I am excited for my first weigh in and class on Friday. I think I may have lost a pound or two!

Keylani
01-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

cmarty
01-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey girls,
I ve been on my on little road for the last couple of weeks. I gained one pound! I am trying to get back on..slowly but surely I will. My son is getting married in June..so I will be to goal by then.

skelley331
01-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Hey girls,
I ve been on my on little road for the last couple of weeks. I gained one pound! I am trying to get back on..slowly but surely I will. My son is getting married in June..so I will be to goal by then.

Hey cmarty: glad to see you back, I've been struggling some but go Friday to start maintenance hoping it all works out, I'm a little scared :carrot:

MsHunny
01-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Hello Everyone! I just love reading all of the progress and seeing the tickers counting down! That's what made me join this group. It's awesome to see a group of people support each other in being healthy. I start my MRC journey next month and I've just been curious about how it works for everyone. I read a testimonial on the website about a lady who lost 54 lbs in 3 months. That really got me excited! I can't wait to start and join the success stories! Good luck Ladies! And keep up the good work!

Keylani
01-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Welcome MsHunny! MRC is the best plan I've ever done. I follow it exactly the way they instruct me. I've lost 119lbs since 06/01/12...that's an average of 4lbs a week. Good Luck on your journey....I'm lovin mine!!

Going4Fit
01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the encouragement patzi!

Hi Mommy1558! How did your first weigh-in go? I love the classes - what did you think?

Hi again cmarty! You are going to look fantastic at that wedding!

Welcome MsHunny! I follow the plan exactly and averaged 2.7 lbs per week until I got below 27% body fat. Things have slowed down significantly since then, but that's okay. Altogether it still made for a very rapid weight loss without the muscle loss and I'm very happy with the results. I love the menu and plan to keep the principles of it as a permanent part of my new healthy lifestyle!

lunarsongbird
01-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Peep! Peep! Peep!

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

I'm one of the new peeps joining you on your journey! I wasn't looking for MRC or anything like it. However, yesterday I ran into a co-worker I haven't seen in a couple weeks and she had visibly lost weight. She looked great and told me about MRC. So after work I headed over to the center and signed up.

I have a lot of "room for improvement" (as I like to call it). Although I'm fiercely motivated, because I really want to start a family next year and I've read some scary statistics about babies from overweight mothers. :-/

I weigh in again on the 11th and will have my before picture taken and measurements done. I'm thinking of going in on Saturday for the bootcamp.

I love seeing all the progress that you all have made!

Keylani
01-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Welcome Lunarsongbird

I would suggest taking pictures each month. I take mine on the first of each month in the same location and outfit. I had to change my shorts since the previous pair were way to big...but it's really nice to watch the change in your body. Especially on those days when you need a boost/reminder of your accomplishments!

Going4Fit
01-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi lunarsongbird! Oh, starting a family - what a great motivation for getting in shape! I had fat, ugly pregnancies and they are such a source of sad memories for me. This program really works and when you make it to maintenance you will have a calorie base to work on. That will make it so easy to keep up with your new healthy eating habits during your pregnancy.

Did you know you only need to add 300 calories a day for a healthy pregnancy? That's nowhere near the whole "eating for two" thing people like to say. It's like a banana and a cup of yogurt extra and that's it! You actually burn 500 calories a day if you are lactating. Amazing that it takes more calories to breastfeed your baby than to grow it in your womb!

I wish you all the success I've had on this program and more! Looking forward to seeing your updates. :welcome2:

cmarty
01-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Keylani:: Wow your pictures look awesome! You look great and you have come a long way.

skelley331
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Well i have finally done it!!! I am now in maintenance, had my appt today and it went great, i actually gained 3lbs of muscle mass which they told me was awesome!!! I love the maintenance food list and they have me starting out on 1300 calories a day!! I'm going to continue to weigh in each week for a month then drop to every two weeks, i'm so excited!! :carrot::carrot:

raven59
01-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi All and Happy New Year!! I've been MIA for a couple of months. I decided to take a break from the scale for the month of December and go off program, but my goal was to avoid gaining any weight during the holidays...mission accomplished :)

Jan 1st was my official restart date. I just finished day 4 on the Meta Slim Yellow Day 1-4 menu and move to the Blue days 5-10 tomorrow. I've been 100% on plan and have been exercising 45min-1 hour daily.

Off to a good start and I look forward to journeying with all of you.

Mommy1558
01-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Got my first real menu today. My weigh in was suprisingly successful with a loss of 3.5 pounds. I didn't expect that because I am batteling an upper respitory infection and asthma flare up. I attended the first class which seemed alot like a sales pitch. I did buy Mrc6 and wanted phentatrim but they were sold out and expect a shippment next week. I probably not going to start the pills until I am feeling better.

I am pleased with my progress so far. We will see what next week brings for me since I had to have a steroid shot and antibiotics today :(

Going4Fit
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
I attended the first class which seemed alot like a sales pitch.

Mommy1558, what was this class you attended? Surely not one of the Connections classes?

Sales pitches come with the territory with MRC unfortunately. :(

Going4Fit
01-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Well i have finally done it!!! I am now in maintenance, had my appt today and it went great, i actually gained 3lbs of muscle mass which they told me was awesome!!! I love the maintenance food list and they have me starting out on 1300 calories a day!! I'm going to continue to weigh in each week for a month then drop to every two weeks, i'm so excited!! :carrot::carrot:

You made it skelley! How did you gain so much muscle? My last body comp showed a drop which I'm not happy about. That was after Meta-Quick, which makes me wonder if I shouldn't have done that so close to my ideal body weight. 1300 calories a day sounds like diet level calories to me - so I'm curious now what calorie level we're at on green menu... My body seems to want to maintain at green menu with the weight I'm at now. Hmmm...

I finally had an off day. Bound to happen I suppose - can't be perfect forever. I stopped counting, but I think I did 19 or 20 straight weeks 100% on plan. I guess I was feeling like being a rebel after this last month of almost a complete plateau in spite of sticking with plan during the hardest time of the year. I sampled all the goodies still hanging around from Christmas. Threw a bunch out as I went along to make sure I would get back on plan the next day, but I did a fair amount of damage. Did really good with my water and exercising the next few days, and am back on plan, but at weigh-in I was up the 1.5 lbs I was down so now am the same as I was two weeks ago. Just as well - the old me was already planning on another pig out session if the scale wasn't affected! Isn't that terrible? Amazing how strong habits are. I just did some reading on plateaus and sounds like it's very common to hit one very close to your ideal body weight. Guess that's where I'm at.

Anyway here is what I learned when I talked to my consultant about it - hope it helps others as it made a lot of sense to me: I can't trade extra exercise for extra calories when my body was in ketosis. It has been having to burn reserves and is looking for any extra calories to hold onto. It will take a few days for my body to go back into ketosis before it will be able to start burning up those extra calories I gave it.

After I stabilize and begin maintenance, my body will be in balance and won't be looking to store extra calories. At that point, I can do some extra exercise to make up for an over-indulgence and I will see results from that. That sounds reasonable.

No regrets - made my choice, accepting the consequences, and moving forward!

Going4Fit
01-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Hi All and Happy New Year!! I've been MIA for a couple of months. I decided to take a break from the scale for the month of December and go off program, but my goal was to avoid gaining any weight during the holidays...mission accomplished :)

Jan 1st was my official restart date. I just finished day 4 on the Meta Slim Yellow Day 1-4 menu and move to the Blue days 5-10 tomorrow. I've been 100% on plan and have been exercising 45min-1 hour daily.

Off to a good start and I look forward to journeying with all of you.

Congratulations on staying stable during December and coming back on board Jan 1st just like you planned! That's excellent!

raven59
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Thank you Going4Fit!..I am in a really good place right now and the motivation is here. It's funny how sometimes the brain is totally on board and other times it is a constant battle to avoid off plan snacking, even when I'm not hungry.

I jumped on the scale today and can't believe my eyes....down 2.5 lbs. I had to pinch myself. Historically, I'm a very slow loser, so this is huge. We'll see if it sticks...hope so...

Going4fit...A big word of caution for you...Be very careful right now. I'm not sure why, but for some reason when we get close to goal, we start to sabbotage ourselves. It happened to me the first time I did MRC and other people have also written about it. I was 100% on plan for about 10 weeks and was so close to goal and ready to begin stabilization. I just started to cheat. Little cheats, but one off- plan choice would lead to an off plan day or 2 or 3...the scale would jump a couple of pounds, then back on plan etc. Here I am 3 years later, still trying to "complete the process" :)

Stabilization is an additional 6 weeks and I was so ready to be done...I never finished stabilization or maintenance. I think stabilization is harder than the actual weight loss part!

We get tired of the process and are looking forward to time when we can just relax and "be normal" and not pay attention or be so focused on what we eat. Take a look at the 2013 maintainers posts. They really sum it up and get to the heart of the matter. We, who struggle with weight gain, can never "be normal" and must always be food focused. It is sad, but it is reality and we just need to accept it to be successful long term.

Now is the time to force yourself to be 100% on plan regardless of what the scale says. Patzi, who visits often was diligent during her wt. loss and never deviated from plan and some weeks only lost 1/4 lb. She really did the work in stabiliation, discovering trigger foods and foods that caused immediate weight gains, it was very insightful to read her experience.

So...hang in there...I know you can do it. Just stay strong. It will take longer than you wish, but not as long as if you stray. So here's a big dose of will power dust for you. :dust:

Mommy1558
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Going4Fit,

This was a mandatory explaination of program class. The Center I attend signs you up puts you go in on PREP-Menu then one week later we are required to go in for this class. Which is about the exacts of the program then 70% Sales pitch. I wasn't really happy about this part but as you say it comes with the territory...LOL.

skelley331
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi Going4Fit,

This was a mandatory explaination of program class. The Center I attend signs you up puts you go in on PREP-Menu then one week later we are required to go in for this class. Which is about the exacts of the program then 70% Sales pitch. I wasn't really happy about this part but as you say it comes with the territory...LOL.

I went thru the same class and all they did was give us a sheet with all the supplements and vitamins etc etc but never did a sales pitch we could chose what we wanted to do, I know all centers are different

skelley331
01-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Going4fit: I'm not sure how I gained muscle mass unless its all the walking I do, but I was told that the week six stabilization menu is 1200 calories the green menu is like 800 calories I use the app my fitness pal everyday to log my food and have now for 200 days its a lifesaver

lunarsongbird
01-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Going4Fit- Thank you so very much for your welcome! I got married in October and it’s funny to think that I might look slimmer in my “bump” pictures then in my wedding pictures. I joke at the center….they too talk a lot about maintenance and I tell them as soon as I get to maintenance that I will get pregnant! LOL! (Not quiet…I think the earliest would be October. Part of me wants to look so hot that Andrew will exclaim “I want to make a baby NOW!” But I’m nearly positive that only happens in romance novels.)

I have read about weight gain during pregnancy. Apparently you aren’t even supposed to gain very much during the first trimester.

Also- your success is SO motivating!!

Skelley- Maintenance! WOW! Fantastic!! You and I make up both the beginning and “end” of the journey. I’m just starting and you just rolled into the finish line, or sorts. Save a place for me??

Raven- Fabulous start to your re-start! I hope to work up to exercising that much. What is your favorite activity?

Mommy- Congratulations on your weight loss! That’s fantastic! What menu are you on? I fully suspect that my “Food Instruction Class” will be a pitch. Currently I’m on corti-trim (started today), the krill and vitamins. I want to find out if they are required, because I like my essential oils and multi-vitamin better than theirs.

Going4Fit
01-06-2013, 12:55 AM
...Part of me wants to look so hot that Andrew will exclaim ďI want to make a baby NOW!Ē But Iím nearly positive that only happens in romance novels.)

*LOL*! My husband is all grabby-grabby with me now. We've been married almost 13 years, and since I've never been this thin my new body is new to him too. He keeps coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. It's nice, but annoying when I'm trying to do the dishes. :p I'm not used to how bony I feel in places now, but he keeps telling me he likes it.

raven59, thanks so much for the encouragement! I know just what you mean. I've known all along I have to be vigilant and not let myself get to a mindset of being "done" with this once I reach goal and getting to go back to my old eating habits. Amazing how strong the urges are though, even with the knowledge. I just had such a lame month! Do you have any idea the sheer amount of goodies I passed up? Entire boxes of cookies and candies coming in the mail, plates of goodies from the neighbors, the buffet table brimming with catered pasta dishes and cheesecakes and cookies at my husbands company Christmas party... I stayed 100% on plan through it all! No bites, licks or tastes and the scale didn't budge. So I did Meta-Quick to challenge myself through the plateau. Then I get told I lost 2 lbs of muscle. Not cool. Still, I stayed on plan and decided New Years Eve to take the night off. It was a choice. Like I said, I felt like being a rebel. I haven't tested in ketosis for about two months now I think. I figured I'd have some fun, see if I could give my body a reason for not being in ketosis! I did quickly realize that I wasn't in control of that choice anymore and indulged far more than I had planned. Not to mention I got a tummy ache almost immediately! I went straight back on plan the next day and have been 100% ever since. And I am actually grateful for the gain that showed at my weigh-in. Like I said, if that hadn't happened the little devil on my shoulder was already whispering to me that I could do it again. I needed that consequence.

So I want just five more pounds of fat to go away. If I don't see much progress in the next couple of weeks, I will go ahead and do the stabilization and enter maintenance. Getting my body calorie based will make it easy to calculate the amount of exercise I need to do to create the calorie deficit to burn those last few pounds. I will keep you all posted as to how it goes.

I hope my story of this last month doesn't discourage any of you! I am trying to get to 21% body fat, which is at the bottom of the fit range and the lowest they'll allow you to go at the center. If I had stabilized at the recommended 27% I'd have been done back in November with no problems. So if you're goal isn't as low as mine, I can't imagine you'll experience the dramatic slow down I've gone through.

Going4Fit
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM
... I was told that the week six stabilization menu is 1200 calories the green menu is like 800 calories I use the app my fitness pal everyday to log my food and have now for 200 days its a lifesaver

Oh wow I had no idea it was that low. I always planned on coming on-line and plugging it all in to the calorie data site, but never got around to it. *sigh* Not like I didn't know that it would take a lot less calories to sustain 135 lbs vs. 185 lbs... But hadn't looked up what that would be. I plan on keeping with my food journal as a permanent part of my new lifestyle. Doing it on an app might be fun. I'll have to look that one up.

BTW everyone, if you're new you already know but they've recently changed stabilization from 6 weeks to 4 weeks. Although it can take longer if you have gains in any of the weeks because then they will take out the new foods you added that past week and try a different combination and that week starts over.

Going4Fit
01-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Okay, this is really embarrassing but if Keylani can do it in a sports bra and shorts, than I can at least do it fully dressed! I managed to find a couple of old photos of me - unfortunately not full length but it was all I could find. On the left and center I'm wearing the same size 14 jeans, but by the center photo they are very stretched out and the only thing left in my closet I could fit. I wouldn't wash them for days at a time, because they'd be so tight out of the wash and I'd have to stretch them out again. I wouldn't buy more even from the thrift store because when I went shopping I had to try on size 16. My top in the center photo was an XL from Kohl's.

The photo on the right is me as of last night, wearing my size 8 skinny jeans and a medium top from The Loft.

My center today asked me to be their All Star of the Month, and I agreed. So they'll be taking "after" pictures of me to put up side-by-side with my "before" picture (which I still haven't seen). I should be able to share those with you too I suppose. :o

For reference these results - 50 lbs lost and from 39% body fat to 22% body fat - are from five months on program.

raven59
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Wow!! You look amazing...the incredible shrinking woman :) Congratulations

konacoral
01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi all,
Just started pre conditioning and was starving.
I forgot my friend said to eat much of those items there really isn't a set amount YET.
Ive done good, no caffiene, no sodas, nothing.. Just herbal tea and water.
Im looking forward to seeing others experiences.

Currently 184.7 and hitting TOM in a few days
GOAL: 145

skelley331
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Okay, this is really embarrassing but if Keylani can do it in a sports bra and shorts, than I can at least do it fully dressed! I managed to find a couple of old photos of me - unfortunately not full length but it was all I could find. On the left and center I'm wearing the same size 14 jeans, but by the center photo they are very stretched out and the only thing left in my closet I could fit. I wouldn't wash them for days at a time, because they'd be so tight out of the wash and I'd have to stretch them out again. I wouldn't buy more even from the thrift store because when I went shopping I had to try on size 16. My top in the center photo was an XL from Kohl's.

The photo on the right is me as of last night, wearing my size 8 skinny jeans and a medium top from The Loft.

My center today asked me to be their All Star of the Month, and I agreed. So they'll be taking "after" pictures of me to put up side-by-side with my "before" picture (which I still haven't seen). I should be able to share those with you too I suppose. :o

For reference these results - 50 lbs lost and from 39% body fat to 22% body fat - are from five months on program.

WOW! You look awesome!! congratulations!!! I could only get my body fat % down to 34.1, not sure why?

Hughes72
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM
HI! I just ordered the 28 day kit yesterday and I'll have it in 3-5 days. I'm supposed to hear from someone via email since I don't have a local facility to go to. My dad did this and was very successful and I just don't know what to expect with this 28 day kit. Any advice is welcome!!!

konacoral
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
HI! I just ordered the 28 day kit yesterday and I'll have it in 3-5 days. I'm supposed to hear from someone via email since I don't have a local facility to go to. My dad did this and was very successful and I just don't know what to expect with this 28 day kit. Any advice is welcome!!!

Hi...

I dont have any location near me either. My girlfriend in CO became a part-time consultant after loosing 82lbs. I decided to say HEY WHAT DID YOU DO???!
So she's my girl.

I am doing the Slim program and just got all my HNS yesterday. Im really excited to start doing those because Im hungry on the pre-conditioning.
Keep in touch and let me know how you do. Im a newbie.:carrot:

Hughes72
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi...

I dont have any location near me either. My girlfriend in CO became a part-time consultant after loosing 82lbs. I decided to say HEY WHAT DID YOU DO???!
So she's my girl.

I am doing the Slim program and just got all my HNS yesterday. Im really excited to start doing those because Im hungry on the pre-conditioning.
Keep in touch and let me know how you do. Im a newbie.:carrot:

Good luck Konacoral! All I've done is go to their online site and ordered the 28 day supply...I'm waiting for an email but have no idea if I should be doing anything now. I see everyone talking about menu plans of different colors and I have no idea what that's about.

We'll see and I'll keep you informed! Hang in there! I did Atkins about 9 years ago and lost about 35 pounds in 3 months, so I have an idea about high protein and low carb already. :dizzy:

konacoral
01-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Hughes72

Yeah there are different colored menus and lists. I got my packet in the mail with all my HNS. I have a phone convo with her on Friday after Im done with a pre-conditioning menu she gave me to "detox".
Slight headache but overall not bad for day 2. Im not really a low carb girl because Im an addict, but Im willing to change.
To loose the weight and get to where I have dreamed will have to be a reality. I have no idea how to handle that one.
I did see that 28 day supply. I wonder whats all included! Good luck!

Going4Fit
01-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Selling products on their website is brand new as of last month. I saw that 28 day plan and my guess is that it's the Meta-Boost plan. It's not like their Meta-Slim or Meta-Balance plans that are a menu that you stay on until you reach your goal, it's a boost that you do for just one month (28 days) to burn fat even faster. Anybody can do it , but you have to pay extra for it even if you've already joined MRC, so I can't say for sure it's the same, but that's what I'd bet based on the product description on-line.

Going4Fit
01-08-2013, 07:06 PM
I could only get my body fat % down to 34.1, not sure why?

Skelley, if I had to guess I'd say two reasons:

Your age compared to mine, because I think I remember you saying you are a grandma? As we age, we get more fat padding between our organs, which is different than the layer of fat under our skin. All the body fat percentage charts will show an increasing number for a normal body fat percentage as the age increases and it's because of that padding between the organs.

More notably, do the math: ten pounds of fat from a two hundred pound person is a 5% reduction. 10 lbs of fat from a 150 lb person is a 6.7% reduction. I've seen my body fat percentage change pretty rapidly these last 10 lbs compared to when I first started program because each pound is a higher percentage of my overall weight than it was before. Didn't you say you wanted to lose 10 more pounds before your son's wedding in June? Forgive me if I'm mixing you up with someone else on the forum here, but ten more pounds from your current weight stated under your avatar would bring you down under 34% for sure.

patzi
01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi...
For those of you that don't know me, I am one of the maintainers and usually hang out in that forum, but came here to see what was up with y'all.

I have a friend that lives in an area that has no MRC Centers, and I have been online on the MRC website and don't see where she can sign up to buy the package, as I see some of you have done that.

Would someone be so kind as to give me the exact website.

Patzi

Going4Fit
01-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Hi...
For those of you that don't know me, I am one of the maintainers and usually hang out in that forum, but came here to see what was up with y'all.

I have a friend that lives in an area that has no MRC Centers, and I have been online on the MRC website and don't see where she can sign up to buy the package, as I see some of you have done that.

Would someone be so kind as to give me the exact website.

Patzi

Hi Patzi! I peek in at the maintainer thread all the time - I'm so close to getting to join you in there!

The store on the website is brand new. So far they only have three things for sale. Here's the link: https://weightlossmrc.com/

But the kit isn't something your friend could do long term. I've seen others on here who don't live near clinics and you can apparently still sign up. I'm not sure how you get your HNS's, but you do phone weigh-ins and the center will call you and do phone support for your program. HTH

Going4Fit
01-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Yeah there are different colored menus and lists. I got my packet in the mail with all my HNS. I have a phone convo with her on Friday after I'm done with a pre-conditioning menu she gave me to "detox".
Slight headache but overall not bad for day 2. Im not really a low carb girl because Im an addict, but I'm willing to change.
To lose the weight and get to where I have dreamed will have to be a reality. I have no idea how to handle that one.
I did see that 28 day supply. I wonder whats all included! Good luck!

Hi konacoral! If you are following the the pre-conditioning menu correctly, then the headache is indeed from de-toxing. I had headaches for the first week or two on program and have been fine since. Love that I get to make all my own healthy, fresh food and nothing I eat now leaves me feeling bloated or sick!

Good luck giving up the carbs. I did and it's been totally worth it! You do still get a bit on Slim menu - up to two 40-50 calorie portions a day. I have four favorites in my arsenal that I rotate between, including the 45 calorie Sara Lee bread for toast or cinnamon toast with breakfast, half an 80 calorie whole wheat tortilla from La Tortilla factory for a breakfast wrap or to eat as a side with my dinner, Melba toast when I want crunch, usually crumbled up like croutons in my salad, and a quinoa & rice blend from Costco that I love as a side with dinner.

Rocki
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone. I'm Rocki and a MRC dropout who's starting again. I'm on day three and haven't lost anything yet. Anyone else have this happen?

I lost almost fifty pounds five years ago and have gradually gained most of it back over the last few years.

Anyone know if we can use Flax Seed instead of the flax seed oil or Omega 3 pills? And also, does anyone have a copy of the new Green menu that includes quinoa? I can't find my copy and I know there were a few additions from the sheets I have from 2008. I rejoined in November 2011 and was doing really well until I let some health scares get in my way last year. I for some reason I can't find any of my paperwork from when I rejoined. I think I have about four weeks on program left from a medical hold I put on my account. I'm going to try and go Friday and at least use up the last of my contract. I can't afford to sign again especially since I've done it at least four or five times. I need a mental realignment to get me back in gear. At suggestions?

Happy New Year and I wish you all great success. This is an awesome plan!

konacoral
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi konacoral! If you are following the the pre-conditioning menu correctly, then the headache is indeed from de-toxing. I had headaches for the first week or two on program and have been fine since. Love that I get to make all my own healthy, fresh food and nothing I eat now leaves me feeling bloated or sick!

Good luck giving up the carbs. I did and it's been totally worth it! You do still get a bit on Slim menu - up to two 40-50 calorie portions a day. I have four favorites in my arsenal that I rotate between, including the 45 calorie Sara Lee bread for toast or cinnamon toast with breakfast, half an 80 calorie whole wheat tortilla from La Tortilla factory for a breakfast wrap or to eat as a side with my dinner, Melba toast when I want crunch, usually crumbled up like croutons in my salad, and a quinoa & rice blend from Costco that I love as a side with dinner.

Thank you GOINGFIT for the updates. Its funny I found Natures Made Bread and it was 50 cal and the Melba was not 40 cal it was 60. Funny because I cant find dijonaise because I need something - maybe they dont make it anymore. Im digging in different markets.
I figure I might be able to find replacements that equal the same at maybe Whole foods or Trader Joes.

Work In Progress
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone! I joined MRC on Jan 2, 2013 and am currently doing the Pre-Conditioning menu, no HNS yet. I've been lurking on the website since December, gathering information before joining MRC and decided to jump in for the additional support. So far I'm doing wonderful on the program, only issue is the headaches from detoxing and they stopped on Sunday.

I go for my first weigh in after work today :D and will get my 'official' menu on Friday when I take my Nutritional Food Class.

Slow and steady wins the race!

konacoral
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone! I joined MRC on Jan 2, 2013 and am currently doing the Pre-Conditioning menu, no HNS yet. I've been lurking on the website since December, gathering information before joining MRC and decided to jump in for the additional support. So far I'm doing wonderful on the program, only issue is the headaches from detoxing and they stopped on Sunday.

I go for my first weigh in after work today :D and will get my 'official' menu on Friday when I take my Nutritional Food Class.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Hi!!! I started pre-conditioning on Monday this week. Im got all my stuff and am starting on Saturday I believe for everything with HNS! Im excited. I'll be your buddy!

Work In Progress
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi!!! I started pre-conditioning on Monday this week. Im got all my stuff and am starting on Saturday I believe for everything with HNS! Im excited. I'll be your buddy!

Awesome knoacoral! :carrot:

I'm excited to try the HNS, in some of the much older posts I've gotten some good tips on how to spruce some of them up. I can't wait to try the chocolate ones and add Almond extract and Coconut extract with ice...to make an 'Almond Joy Frap'

Going4Fit
01-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Thank you GOINGFIT for the updates. Its funny I found Natures Made Bread and it was 50 cal and the Melba was not 40 cal it was 60. Funny because I cant find dijonaise because I need something - maybe they dont make it anymore. Im digging in different markets.
I figure I might be able to find replacements that equal the same at maybe Whole foods or Trader Joes.

Sorry for the confusion - you are correct, the Melba toast is 60 calories per serving - I could not find any types of Melba toast that had 40 calorie servings listed on the packages. BUT - the 60 calorie packaging is 60 calories for three pieces. That's easy. That means each piece is 20 calories so I just have two for 40 calories. Only problem is I don't trust myself to make any of the recipes in the cookbook that tell you to use x many pieces of Melba toast, because they are surely referring to the 40 calorie serving sized pieces.

I'm not happy about buying Sara Lee bread because of the long list of unpronounceable ingredients. I'd prefer to have the whole foods breads I make or buy for my family, but I have no idea what the calories are in my homemade bread and the whole grain styles in the store have about 130 calories, which means I could only have a quarter of one slice! So I will look for the Natures Made.

Sorry you couldn't find dijonnaise. I picked it up this past summer at my WinCo right next to the mayonnaise.

raven59
01-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Wow!! It's great to see so many people starting out the new year together. Lots of new energy and support :)

Hi Rocky! Welcome back. It looks like you and I are in the same boat. Let's make 2013 our year to get to goal and stay there.

I'm on day 9 of the plan. I had a little slip up last night...a munch of this, a munch of that...not sure why, I was just tired and blue. Anyway, ketosis was definitely blown out of the water...my stomach hurt and the scale punished me this morning. But that was yesterday and today, I'm happy to report, I'm right back on track. So I'll stay on the Blue Menu for an extra 3 days to get me back in ketosis and I'll begin the Green Menu on Sunday. I'm bummed about the slip up, but relieved hat I've had a successful day today. Full steam ahead :)

konacoral
01-10-2013, 12:35 AM
BIGGEST LOOSER Challenge for 6 weeks at my gym started tonight. I decided, heck why not. I can win some money!?
So I also volunteered to do a video series each week and answer questions. Mind you... I looked like ****! of course - Im a silly HAM So their scales are all crazy. Also it was 730pm.
Got all my measurements and my MB Age... 81 years old!!! WHAT?? lol

Anyway - just a good positive motivation to keep my rear going.:carrot:

bigdog
01-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Welcome Back Rocky!!
and good luck everyone! starting the morning drinking two large glasses of water! :) Taking it day by day, then wham! the weight will be lost :dancer:
Stick to the plan, it works! and make sure you check out the thread: Recipes! what really helps me is to have some great "substitutions" and meals that are on program but not boring so i'll stick with it.

we can all do this!!! i can feel myself shrinking just thinking about this!!

Work In Progress
01-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Positive energy to everyone this morning! I hope you all are doing good.

I had my first official weigh in - check in yesterday after work, I'm proud to announce 4 lbs less of me!! :cp:

I'm still on pre-conditioning menu until tomorrow night, then I'll get my HNS and begin another step to a healthier me.

Also, I asked my center about the Walden Farms products besides the dressings and they said yes, as long as I follow serving size on the product so this weekend I'm getting the jams/jelly and sauces...YUM!

konacoral
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Positive energy to everyone this morning! I hope you all are doing good.

I had my first official weigh in - check in yesterday after work, I'm proud to announce 4 lbs less of me!! :cp:

I'm still on pre-conditioning menu until tomorrow night, then I'll get my HNS and begin another step to a healthier me.

Also, I asked my center about the Walden Farms products besides the dressings and they said yes, as long as I follow serving size on the product so this weekend I'm getting the jams/jelly and sauces...YUM!

Congrats! I start HNS on Saturday... looks like we are in the same place or close in timing. Rooting eachother on!!! :hug:

M Wants to Live
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Here i go again need to stick with it this time. Third time around. Frist time was great!

Any pointer from anyone how to get your family on board with this when you are cooking them other items. Have a 19 month old and it hard when trying to feed him other food than program food:)..

Also MRC would not give me the Yellow menu again since i was on it in June. I feel I need it to jump start it since i lost so much the first time on it the first 4 days. Does anyone know what the exacts were on it?

MrsRiker
01-10-2013, 03:48 PM
I feed my 15 month old 'on program' food. She gets meat and veggies same as me--she gets extra fruit, but at this age they don't need any extra grains. One slice of bread is plenty for a toddler.

lunarsongbird
01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Congrats! I start HNS on Saturday... looks like we are in the same place or close in timing. Rooting eachother on!!! :hug:

I'm starting HNS on Saturday, as well! I'm going to the Food Instruction Class tomorrow evening after work. I will also weigh in on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it, as I was up the last time I weighed.

I put some batteries in my scale at home, but I just can't get a feel for it. I'll be 230- then move it 2 inches and I'll be 234....then 232. :dizzy: Does anyone else's scale do that? I'll be interested to compare my scale to the center's on Saturday.

konacoral
01-10-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm starting HNS on Saturday, as well! I'm going to the Food Instruction Class tomorrow evening after work. I will also weigh in on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it, as I was up the last time I weighed.

I put some batteries in my scale at home, but I just can't get a feel for it. I'll be 230- then move it 2 inches and I'll be 234....then 232. :dizzy: Does anyone else's scale do that? I'll be interested to compare my scale to the center's on Saturday.

My food class is over the phone tomorrow. Excited to be able to have the HNS because I need more substance. Its been tough this week since TOM started and Im super tired. At least Im taking vitamins.
My scale doesnt really do that. I have the digital with the fat % as well. I can program my age and height. It wasnt too expensive either. I think I got it at Target.
Would like to go to a Zumba class tonight but dang Im sleepy. :dizzy:

peg51
01-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I start HNS on Saturday too, and am doing the food instruction class tomorrow. I'm totally new to the program, and have been doing pre-conditioning since Monday. I'm glad to have found a group to chat with! I look forward to learning about your journeys!

Going4Fit
01-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Welcome all you newbies and returning newbies! I weighed in with a loss today which was a pleasant surprise and a nice way to cap off my program. I start stabilization on Monday. Woo-hoo! They took my picture and finally showed me my before pictures. Whoa, that was a reality check! Never going back there again!

rwquilts
01-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Great job Going4Fit!! Congrats to all the new MRC'ers You're going to love this program!

lunarsongbird
01-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Congratulations, Going4Fit! How long were you on program?

M Wants to Live
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Can you melt the cheese on to your melba toast? Or does melting take away the benefits?

konacoral
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
This is truly exciting.. Im excited to see people starting tomorrow just like me!!! :carrot:
I did do Zumba last night, super fun and felt quite empowered.
Glad to hear all are active and going!:D

lunarsongbird
01-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I was going to ask them what type of exercise I can do tonight. However- I am thinking of doing the t-tapp 60 day challenge and that requires me only to do t-tapp, walking and the eliptical. ::shrugs::

Keylani
01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I see some new faces..yay!! Welcome aboard or back! Good luck to all of you!! 2013 will be a great year!!

Going4fit
:congrat: that's awesome!!!

Just came back from my weigh in..lost 2 more :dance:
I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I love that recipe idea with the almond/coconut extract...can hardly wait to try that. When I make my smoothies, I use the Le Croix sparkling water. Maybe I will try their coconut flavored water...mmmm, sounds good.

Work In Progress
01-11-2013, 01:20 PM
How exciting to see several others begin the journey together! :wave:

konacoral, way to go to Zumba even though you felt sleepy and for having the courage to sign up for the Biggest Loser Challenge at your gym! Iím rooting for you to win :goodvibes

lunarsongbird, I have a digital scale and was curious just like you so after I weighed in at the center on Wednesday I went home and weighed, it was the exact weight.

peg51, I'll be your weight loss buddy too, looks like there are about 3-4 of us beginning the 'official' menus on Sat with our HNS.

M Wants to Live, I melt my cheese on my toast some mornings for breakfast and I melted a tablespoon on the green pepper I made the other night in the oven so I believe you should be fine, if in doubt though call your center, mine said to call anytime. Also, I don't cook other foods for my kids, they eat what I eat...my motto is this isn't a restaurant, eat what I cook or make it yourself. On that note, my kids are all over 18 and don't live at home, they do come for dinner several nights a week but they know that I joined MRC and this is a life style change for me so they are super supportive.

Great job Going4Fit and Keylani, you are an inspiration to me! :bravo:

Something Iíve noticed this week is that I find myself wanting a snack in the evenings about an hour or so after dinner, for now Iíve harnessed my will power and simply resisted the urge or by grabbing an ice cold bottle of water and sipping on it. Iím hoping once I start using my HNS, I can use those to make a nice Root Beer Float or Almond Joy Frap smoothie for the snack attack.

Once I have more time and know the exact measurements Iíll list them on the recipes tab but hereís a start if you want to try them out and play with the amounts yourselves.Ö

Root Beer Float
Vanilla Supplement
Caffeine free, diet Root Beer
Ice
Mix all together in a blender and enjoy

Almond Joy Frap Smoothie
Chocolate Supplement
Almond extract
Coconut extract
Ice
Mix all together in a blender and enjoy

Going4Fit
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Can you melt the cheese on to your melba toast? Or does melting take away the benefits?
Yes you can melt the cheese! Several recipes in the cookbooks have cheese melted into them.

lunarsongbird
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Something Iíve noticed this week is that I find myself wanting a snack in the evenings about an hour or so after dinner, for now Iíve harnessed my will power and simply resisted the urge or by grabbing an ice cold bottle of water and sipping on it.

Have you been using the Fiber Drink Mixs at all? They have helped me from snacking during preconditioning. However- I too am looking forward to the extra protein. :)

peg51
01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
-7 pounds today for my first weigh in since starting pre-conditioning! Lots of water weight, as expected, but it still feels great! Pretty exciting start!

WORK IN PROGRESS- looking forward to sharing our triumphs and struggles in the coming weeks! I love the idea of those recipes you posted. Sounds yummy!:)

raven59
01-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Hi Everyone. I'm happy to report back 100% on plan for 3 full days after the little slip up Tuesday night. I'm down another .5 lbs. Hooray!! I even survived dinner out with the family at sushi tonight. I used the low sodium soy sauce and had some seared ahi tuna and one chicken skewer, and a cucumber roll that had crab but no rice. So I think that won't do any damage. I'll start the green menu Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Work In Progress
01-12-2013, 12:11 AM
lunarsongbird - my center did not offer any of the drink mixes until my class tonight, I probably would have bought a box to tide me over if they did. I did not buy any tonight since they really didn't count as a supplement and another lady offer a wonderful idea...make crystal lite popsicles! Picture the person doing the V8 slap to the head, that was me tonight...I could have had a nice on plan snack there. :lol:

peg51 - AWESOME job on the 7 lbs loss!!!! :woohoo:

raven59 - congrats on getting back on track and losing weight too! I haven't had the challenge of eating out yet, way to go for staying the course!! :cheer2:

I weighed in tonight before class and I've lost another 2 lbs. :goodscale

I received my menu tonight and I'll start it in the morning, for me there isn't much difference from the pre-conditioning menu except weighing the amounts I am allowed and I get to have HNS. The slight bummer, I can't have the creamy (chocolate and vanilla and cream of chicken) until after Wednesday. On the plus side, I have some yummy flavors of the clears so won't be hard.

Rocki
01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Keylani..where in Central FL are you ?? I'm in the Tampa area.

Bigdog..hey there..hope you're doing well.

Raven..let's do it right this time..

I hope you all had a great week. I didn't get to the center and need to ASAP but I work tomorrow until they close and next week will be rough too..

Anyone have the extra grains that were added in the last couple of years, like the quinoa? I need to know how much we can have. Can someone just list the types of food listed there and what the serving size is?? Thanks so much!

cmarty
01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi rocki,

I used to be a regular here until I kind of jumped of the band wagon. I am back on now. I lost 1 and half pounds this week. Take my advice ...don't go off..it is really hard to get back on!

Hi everyone ....joining back up with you girls again!

konacoral
01-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Hi all. Down 3 lbs after preconditioning.
Started HNS today, it's pretty odd to not be snacking like I would love too!
Such as popcorn etc.
Sounds like everyone is doing good. I need to find recipes for my family so it's not boring.

Work In Progress
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Rocki - This is my first time on the program and I'm on a totally different weight level and plan than you from the sounds of it so I don't think I can offer any advice on the foods, sorry.

cmarty - Welcome back and CONGRATS on the 1 1/2 lbs lost!

konacoral - 3 lbs gone, WOOHOO! The recipe 'sticky' link on this page has been amazing for me, I've found some great things and ideas. I miss my popcorn too, lol...I made crystal lite popcisles tonight for a yummy snack tomorrow. Today, I packed up my pantry and gave everything to my youngest daughter, she just moved into her own apartment and was happy to take it all....cereal, can goods, crackers, popcorn, sugar, flour, etc. Basically a whole shopping cart of all the good 'bad' foods. That way I'm not tempted if it's not here.

peg51 - I noticed on the other thread you were concerned about the chicken and turkey being dry and bland. I was able to find sodium free beef and chicken instant broth & seasoning by Herb Ox, I mix a packet of one with about 1/2 cup of water and add to my turkey or chicken while cooking, it really helps keep them moist and flavorful. I also bought every kind of Ms. Dash I could find, so far my favorite is Garlic & Herb and Lemon Pepper. For extra lemon flavor add a spoon of lemon juice. Last night I mixed a packet of Ranch dressing mix and a spoonful of parmasean cheese on a plate, ran my chicken under cold water, shook it off and dipped it in the mixed then pan fried it using cooking spray or you could try it with the allowed oil. It was fabulous!

konacoral
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Work In progress: thanks for the tips.
Having a major carb issue though. Never choc or ice cream, it's always cheese it's or chips.

Keylani
01-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Keylani..where in Central FL are you ?? I'm in the Tampa area.

Bigdog..hey there..hope you're doing well.

Raven..let's do it right this time..

I hope you all had a great week. I didn't get to the center and need to ASAP but I work tomorrow until they close and next week will be rough too..

Anyone have the extra grains that were added in the last couple of years, like the quinoa? I need to know how much we can have. Can someone just list the types of food listed there and what the serving size is?? Thanks so much!

I'm near Daytona Beach :-) I never go to the beach because I wouldn't be caught in a bathing suit. I believe in another 20lbs I'm gonna get me a sexy bathing suit and go!! hee hee

skelley331
01-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi rocki,

I used to be a regular here until I kind of jumped of the band wagon. I am back on now. I lost 1 and half pounds this week. Take my advice ...don't go off..it is really hard to get back on!

Hi everyone ....joining back up with you girls again!

Hey cmarty i was wondering where you went! I slipped over new years but started maintenance on the 4th and went back today after one week to weigh in and i maintained my weight yeah!!! I was so lost this past week not having a menu to follow but my counselor explained it all today and i'm so relieved and now i know what i'm suppose to be doing and i'm loving it! goodluck and you'll be fine!!:carrot:

konacoral
01-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone... Day 2 of HNS. Not so bad, thought they would be more filling or even thicker but I do add quite a lot of water to make sure I get full more. Im thinking about trying the clear chicken boullion but Im afraid. I dont know how much water to add, Im assuming warm water too because they would be a little odd.
CMARTY: How long did it take you to loose your weight? Was it pretty significant and quick?

Does this diet have vegetarian menus? That would be nice too.

Work In Progress
01-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing well.

I did good through the weekend, which was a small concern of mine because I have so much free time on the weekends I was worried I might snack but I'm proud to say I did not! I've tried at least one of each of the flavors of HNS I bought (except the creamies, can't have until after Wednesday) and so far nothing I can't stand.

konacoral - I have read about a vegetarian menu from a few posts on here, not sure if they can be intermixed so might call your center and ask them for one.

konacoral
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
FYI FOR ALL
I did talk to MRC and they said I can intermix the VEGGIE MENUs with the regular menus - I just need to stick to veggie that whole day.
I should be getting that menu over email today.

cmarty
01-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Konacoral,
It took about 4 months. I started on July 29 and did great until Thanksgiving! I am back on plan now! I hope to lose the remainder of my weight by March! This is the greatest program. Just stick with it and I promise you will lose...and it is so worth it. I feel so much better and I know you will too! Try not to go off until you are finished,,it is so hard to get back on the full program!

Going4Fit
01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Started stabilization today. So far so good. Weighed in today with a 3 lb loss which puts me at 128 lbs. Crazy. Haven't gone down in clothing size so I'm not sure where the pounds are coming from. I've been warned my weight will fluctuate during this process so I'm not going to update my avatar. ;)

I've started entering my meals into the "MyFitnessPal" website (there is also an app). Since I'll move to a calorie base in maintenance I wanted to get a feel for the calorie counts of the meals I've been preparing on this program. I anticipate continuing to make many of the same food choices once I'm out there eating "in the wild", as they say in the Connections classes.

skelley331
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Started stabilization today. So far so good. Weighed in today with a 3 lb loss which puts me at 128 lbs. Crazy. Haven't gone down in clothing size so I'm not sure where the pounds are coming from. I've been warned my weight will fluctuate during this process so I'm not going to update my avatar. ;)

I've started entering my meals into the "MyFitnessPal" website (there is also an app). Since I'll move to a calorie base in maintenance I wanted to get a feel for the calorie counts of the meals I've been preparing on this program. I anticipate continuing to make many of the same food choices once I'm out there eating "in the wild", as they say in the Connections classes.

Going4Fit: Hey congratulations on moving on to a maintainer! I've been on it for over a week and was confused at first but spoke with my counselor and now i'm on it! I've used myfitnesspal for a year and love it, and its nice i can print off my days and take with me to weigh in at my center!!! Goodluck!! :carrot:

konacoral
01-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Konacoral,
It took about 4 months. I started on July 29 and did great until Thanksgiving! I am back on plan now! I hope to lose the remainder of my weight by March! This is the greatest program. Just stick with it and I promise you will lose...and it is so worth it. I feel so much better and I know you will too! Try not to go off until you are finished,,it is so hard to get back on the full program!

Thanks for getting back to me. ;) Thats just amazing. I couldn't even imagine today that I could be down to 135-145 again. Today when people look at me they cant believe I weigh 181. Maybe thats whats caused me to not be dedicated in the past as far as nutrition goes.
I enjoy the gym and I am "dealing" with the fact I can only go 3 times a week.
Like I said, its probably good so I dont go into burn out mode.
I started taking metamucil because I dont like the irregularity. Its not been fun. Any suggestions OUT THERE?
Im drinking probably more water then I need and lots of good greens, but uggh :p

raven59
01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in. I went cross country skiing over the weekend so needed a few extra carbs (dried apricots) to keep from bonking. I had an on plan lunch, though. Went to friends for dinner, which is always tricky, but I did the best I could. With all the skiing, I'm sure I didn't over eat calorie wise, but probably was knocked out of ketosis. Oh well...4 days and I'll be back in fat burning mode, so no worries. Weight is unchanged, but I'm expecting my first plateau anytime...full speed ahead :)

skelley331
01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. ;) Thats just amazing. I couldn't even imagine today that I could be down to 135-145 again. Today when people look at me they cant believe I weigh 181. Maybe thats whats caused me to not be dedicated in the past as far as nutrition goes.
I enjoy the gym and I am "dealing" with the fact I can only go 3 times a week.
Like I said, its probably good so I dont go into burn out mode.
I started taking metamucil because I dont like the irregularity. Its not been fun. Any suggestions OUT THERE?
Im drinking probably more water then I need and lots of good greens, but uggh :p

Hi konacoral: I was having irregularity also when i was doing the menu's, i bought the Fullfill mix fruit & fiber and it's like a berry flavor and love it, i would drink it at breakfast and lunch and use it to take my vitamins, it helped me stay regular and feel full and its a big plus on fiber, only 15 calories, goodluck on your journey, this is a awesome program!! :carrot:

konacoral
01-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi konacoral: I was having irregularity also when i was doing the menu's, i bought the Fullfill mix fruit & fiber and it's like a berry flavor and love it, i would drink it at breakfast and lunch and use it to take my vitamins, it helped me stay regular and feel full and its a big plus on fiber, only 15 calories, goodluck on your journey, this is a awesome program!! :carrot:

Thanks SKELLY for the advice. Im doing metamucil packs right now and drinking tons of water. Im thinking the dieters tea might be a good thing for me too.
Im anxious to get regular again, don't want it to mess with my weigh ins ! :dizzy:

Tonight is Zumba and tomorrow is my Biggest Looser challenge at my gym! whoop whoop :carrot:

Dcar
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM
This is my first day! I'm enjoying reading all of your success stories. Wish me luck!

konacoral
01-15-2013, 05:34 PM
This is my first day! I'm enjoying reading all of your success stories. Wish me luck!

good luck!!!! you can do it - especially if I can.:D

cmarty
01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
welcome decar...

going for fit ...congrats on making it to maint... love to meet you and Skelley in the maintainers lounge soon!

Going4Fit
01-15-2013, 07:44 PM
I appreciate the congrats cmarty and skelley, but just to be clear I'm not in maintenance yet. I just started stabilization yesterday. It takes four weeks if all goes well.

cmarty I'm glad you're back on plan... You should have been with me in stabilization! But we both know how quickly this plan works when you work it, so I know you'll be there soon!

skelley, why did your counselor tell you not to eat back your exercise calories? Is that because she knows you're still trying to lose? The MyFitnessPal website gave me a calorie range based on my weight and the exercise I entered and I wish it hadn't. Do you know if there is a way to change it? I'd rather just see the calorie range for maintaining, and see if it matches what the center will say.

konacoral, I won a bottle of Internal Cleanser last month so figured I may as well try it and I have been constipated ever since! I know they will try to sell it to you if you say you're having trouble, but on their sales brochure they also recommend it for diarrhea, so figure that one out. Anyway, if you're on it, something to think about. My water consumption is excellent, a gallon a day, but my favorite veggies are known for being trouble makers with regularity (broccoli and spinach) so I've always had a bit of a problem with regularity ever since starting MRC. But a huge part of that is no more fatty foods, and not as much food altogether either means no more daily bm's and it's not abnormal at all. It's never affected my weigh-ins; the scale will always trend down. HTH

skelley331
01-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Goint4fit: I'm not still trying to lose, i'm maintaining the 6lb guide they give you of 154-160. If you go over you have to buy more weeks and go back into burn mode. But to change your setting on my fitness pal go to edit profile then where it says goal weight check maintain current weight and it will give you the calories to eat, the center has me on 1300 calories and when i do it on my fitness pal it says 1660, so i'm following the center right now and so far i'm maintaining.:carrot:

Work In Progress
01-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi everyone!

I went for my first weigh in on my new menu (beige), the scale fluctuated between 219.5 and 219.0 so she wrote down .5 loss. I'm a little disappointed since I lost 6 lbs for the pre-conditioning but she said it's normal to have a plateau, it just means that on Friday I'll see a big down. Actually, I find I have a lot of food to eat and then add in the HNS, I stay full all the time. A couple of time this weekend I couldn't finish my meals, my councilor said that's a good problem to have... :shrug: Chin up and marching on!

Hi Dcar and :welcome3: It's great to see another loser in our ranks.

lunarsongbird
01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Good Morning!
Well, I haven't really started plan yet and I postponed my weigh-in yesterday, because I didn't feel so hot physically, emotionally or mentally.

I found out the my grandmother passed away on Saturday and went off plan (never started plan, really) eating foods that reminded me of her.

So today I will start the Meta-Balance, Level 2. They switched my menu, because I have crohn's disease. They said that I probably wouldn't be able to handle all the protein in Meta-Slim. I pouted and said, "I don't want to balance! I want to slim!" But it was all in fun.

Anyone on balance?

konacoral
01-16-2013, 11:35 AM
I appreciate the congrats cmarty and skelley, but just to be clear I'm not in maintenance yet. I just started stabilization yesterday. It takes four weeks if all goes well.

cmarty I'm glad you're back on plan... You should have been with me in stabilization! But we both know how quickly this plan works when you work it, so I know you'll be there soon!

skelley, why did your counselor tell you not to eat back your exercise calories? Is that because she knows you're still trying to lose? The MyFitnessPal website gave me a calorie range based on my weight and the exercise I entered and I wish it hadn't. Do you know if there is a way to change it? I'd rather just see the calorie range for maintaining, and see if it matches what the center will say.

konacoral, I won a bottle of Internal Cleanser last month so figured I may as well try it and I have been constipated ever since! I know they will try to sell it to you if you say you're having trouble, but on their sales brochure they also recommend it for diarrhea, so figure that one out. Anyway, if you're on it, something to think about. My water consumption is excellent, a gallon a day, but my favorite veggies are known for being trouble makers with regularity (broccoli and spinach) so I've always had a bit of a problem with regularity ever since starting MRC. But a huge part of that is no more fatty foods, and not as much food altogether either means no more daily bm's and it's not abnormal at all. It's never affected my weigh-ins; the scale will always trend down. HTH

Thats so funny! "figure that one out" - yeah. My girlfriend works there and she's knows Im under extreme budget so Im only getting HNS and then a location nutrition store for my supplements. Besides that I have to pay for shipping. UGG
Im all about the big salads and stuff so it seems to be working pretty good.

konacoral
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
I tried to share my youtube.com video interview it wouldn't let me.

B Real Fitness Challange - Stephanie ---is the search (THEY SPELLED IT WRONG)
oh wow... this is my 1st appt for the biggest looser at my gym... boy I look bad!!

Mommy1558
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi anyone know a recipe for a soup using either Chicken Broth HNS or Tomato HNS. I did not buy the recipe book bc my sister has one...she isnt using. She was gonna give me hers but....we haven't hooked up yet. I am really craving vegetable beef soup. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas...I could just lop some stuff together but a tried and true recipe would be better than wasting a package of HNS.

I am doing fairly well so far -7 pounds....I am excited! I was shocked to see the scale drop 2 pds from last Friday to Monday weigh in...:carrot:

konacoral
01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
just had the chicken soup shake.. interesting yet not bad!

Hughes72
01-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Hello… So I started the 28 day and Majic plan on Monday … The program I ordered online. As of today I have lost 5.5 pounds. Is there anyone else on here on that diet? Since I don't live near an Office, I have been having to ask my questions online with a counselor. I was to have somebody call me, but they have not as of today. I ended up liking MRC Facebook page And have been talking to somebody there. I am eating roughly about 700 to 800 cal a day and today is the first day that I did not feel extremely hungry. I'm not completely sure about the foods on this diet… The instruction book that came with it gives me what food is allowed however I don't know if there are any substitutions. If anyone has any advice about this particular plan, please let me know. Obviously I'm doing something right if I've lost 5.5 pounds since Monday.

Work In Progress
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
lunarsongbird - I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother passing, you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

konacoral - I hit like for your video, I'm rooting for you! You go girl :dancer:

Mommy1558 - I saw a few soup recipes on the recipe link at the top, you may have to scroll through them. The most popular one I noticed is the Cheeseburger Soup and I asked my center about making it without the creamies (since I couldn't use them until today), they said to simply replace the Cream of Chicken HNS with the Chicken Broth HNS. :congrat: on the 7 lbs loss!!

Hughes72 - I'm not familiar with the 28 day and Majic plan, it sounds pretty intense. 5.5 lbs lost since Monday sounds amazing!

A good day for me overall, easy day to stay on plan and went out with friends tonight (didn't eat out), they are super supportive and help to keep me motivated.

Going4Fit
01-17-2013, 01:26 AM
Hi anyone know a recipe for a soup using either Chicken Broth HNS or Tomato HNS.

Here's a link from the recipe thread from someone who had been collecting the recipes off the thread and compiling them in a blog. There's a few soup recipes with the chicken, not sure about the tomato. I'm with you on not wanting to waste the HNS's on experiments!

http://mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/search/label/chkn%20bouillon%20sup

Congrats on 7 lbs down already!

lunarsongbird
01-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Good Morning, All!

Hughes, Congrats on your weight loss!

I feel like I'm retaining junk today. So I'm starting my day with a detox and slimming tea. The fiber MRC sells just does NOT work for me. I'm also not sure if I'm in fat burning mode, maybe I will buy some ketosis sticks.

Do you feel different when you are in fat burning mode?

Mommy1558
01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Going4Fit- Thanks for the link. I have bookmarked it. I am definately going to have the Cheeseburger soup!

Work in Progress-Thanks for the heads up on the Recipe Thread. I have seen several ideas already!

konacoral-Soup Shake sounds interesting I am sure it is great when you are in a hurry (like I am most of the time..LOL)

konacoral
01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
omg just wrote bunch of stuff and its gone!!!

Work in Progress - Thank you so much for your support.
MRC.... down 5.3 lbs and going strong.
Biggest Looser Challenge at my gym ... down 4 lbs and 7 years added to Metabolic Age so instead of 81 years old Im now 74. Not great but it will get better.
Added muscle mass, lost 1% body fat!

corisimo
01-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Down 2.5lbs from pre-conditioning and starting MetaBalance 3 today. Can't wait to get this weight off!

konacoral
01-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Down 2.5lbs from pre-conditioning and starting MetaBalance 3 today. Can't wait to get this weight off!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

cmarty
01-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi all.

Konarcoral..you go girl! 5.3 pounds...you are rocking girl

Lunarsong...you don't really feel fat buring mode...you just lose weight quickly..also the sticks dont always show it for everyone...mine never changed but Ive lost almost 40 pounds..just stay on track and you'll know for sure your in fat burning mode

corisimo...great job on the 2.5 pounds weight lose ...that is great!

Skelley...I still have some belly fat that I would like to get rid of..remember you were in a size eight before me.. I agree you look like you have lost enough...I don't have too much more though...I looked great when I weighed 128..so that is what I am shooting for...if i feel good before then I will stop..I dont like skinny ...I like a healthy look!

I go weigh in tomorrow..hopefuly I'll have some good news! Feel like I've lost some ..stayed on track this week!

corisimo
01-17-2013, 07:06 PM
I had my first HNS's today and the Kiwi wasn't good, drinkable, but not good. I liked the chicken broth one though. I guess I'm worried about whether I will lose lean muscle mass on this diet. Anyone further into it that can say they haven't?

Also, when I was in to pick up the supplements I met a woman who was just starting as well and she was buying ALL of the pills. What got me about it is that she was already skinny. I mean she was about a size 4 at most and trying to lose MORE weight???? It seemed shady to me that they even signed her up. I get that they are a business, but there should be some sort of responsibility not to feed someone's obvious eating disorder. JMO I lost a little respect for them for that one.

Dcar
01-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Today I was hungry. Had to really fight it when I got home from work! I go tomorrow for my meeting. I hope the protein drinks help to curb the hunger or it's going to be a long journey.
Looking forward to see what the first week holds for me!

lunarsongbird
01-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Today I was hungry. Had to really fight it when I got home from work! I go tomorrow for my meeting. I hope the protein drinks help to curb the hunger or it's going to be a long journey.

The HNSs really fill me up. I'm actually struggling to get enough calories in. I'm super full all the time.

lunarsongbird
01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Also, when I was in to pick up the supplements I met a woman who was just starting as well and she was buying ALL of the pills. What got me about it is that she was already skinny. I mean she was about a size 4 at most and trying to lose MORE weight???? It seemed shady to me that they even signed her up. I get that they are a business, but there should be some sort of responsibility not to feed someone's obvious eating disorder. JMO I lost a little respect for them for that one.

I try not to judge people in these types of situations- I don't know what is going on with them. Did she talk to you personally and tell you she was trying to lose weight? She could have been starting maintenance and just wanted a bit of a "refresher."

They also have a pregnancy plan- perhaps she just found out that she was pregnant and wants to monitor weight gain in a healthy manner.

::shrugs:: Just wanted to add another possible perspective.

corisimo
01-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I can tell you from being on day one of the HNSs, that they do really help. I'm supposed to drink another as a night time snack and am kind of dreading it as I am still full from dinner.

Work In Progress
01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Boy oh boy what a night, I thought I was ready to get out and do things around tempting food so I went to Bingo with my friends... walking in I was greeted with the smell of fresh popped popcorn, nachos, hot dogs, polish dogs, etc.

YAY for me, I resisted but my gosh it was soooooo tempting, I drank 3 big bottles of water. I even ate dinner and was full before I got there, just those darn wonderful smells.

Tomorrow morning I go for weigh in and it will be worth it, as they say...nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel!!!

Dcar - I agree with corisimo, the HNS's really do help.

Dcar
01-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks. Looking forward to getting them tomorrow!

konacoral
01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Boy oh boy what a night, I thought I was ready to get out and do things around tempting food so I went to Bingo with my friends... walking in I was greeted with the smell of fresh popped popcorn, nachos, hot dogs, polish dogs, etc.

YAY for me, I resisted but my gosh it was soooooo tempting, I drank 3 big bottles of water. I even ate dinner and was full before I got there, just those darn wonderful smells.

Tomorrow morning I go for weigh in and it will be worth it, as they say...nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel!!!

Dcar - I agree with corisimo, the HNS's really do help.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! THATS CONTROL!
Today I woke up and my sweat pants that I love are bigger and more comfy. I feel great - I feel better etc...
As far as calories. Im tracking on livestrong.com app and wow - its not much on a blue menu. Actually had half of an Adkins bar before Zumba since zumba calories burned are usually 500-800.

Have a great weekend. I'll check in and see what alls up to.:hug:

Going4Fit
01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
... I guess I'm worried about whether I will lose lean muscle mass on this diet. Anyone further into it that can say they haven't?

I can attest to the difference this diet had made with retaining lean muscle mass versus dieting on my own or doing points. Even without the numbers from the MRC scale to prove it, I was able to fit into my smaller clothes at a higher weight level than on those previous diets. Since fat per pound has a higher volume than muscle per pound, I knew I was therefore seeing a higher percentage of fat loss than before.

As far as that other woman - another perspective is that she could be "skinny fat". That's where you look skinny, but still have a high body fat percentage. This especially happens to people who diet without weight training or the high protein diets that help retain the lean muscle mass. MRC will sign you and help you get to as low as 21% bf.

BTW, I'm one of the people that other clients talk about now... The coaches have told me after I show up they are always asked what I was doing there since I'm "already thin". I think people forget MRC does maintenance support? I'll be going in twice weekly through stabilization and weekly during maintenance.

Keylani
01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I totally agree with Going4fit!
I can attest as well that I have lost fat instead of lean muscle. Today I'm 216 pounds in a size 12 jeans. In November 1999 I was 220lbs and wore a size 18 jeans. I know these figures because I went on vacation in November of 1999 and was embarrassed that I wore a size 18.

MrsRiker
01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
I totally agree with Going4fit!
I can attest as well that I have lost fat instead of lean muscle. Today I'm 216 pounds in a size 12 jeans. In November 1999 I was 220lbs and wore a size 18 jeans. I know these figures because I went on vacation in November of 1999 and was embarrassed that I wore a size 18.

Keylani, I know everyone always tells you you don't look like you're in the 200s, but you just blew my mind. I was a size 12 at my starting weight of 167. You truly are an inspiration--clearly this is all about getting healthy for you, and even though I don't post a lot, I lurk and love ready your posts!

cmarty
01-18-2013, 05:50 PM
At 185 pounds I was ( and I am proud to say WAS) a size 14 and busting into a size 16 but all my weight goes to my stomach.

As of today.. size 8.. I lost 2 more pounds. I am now 147 pounds!! YOO HOOO!

I THINK I CAN.. I THINK I CAN...LESS THAN 20 to Go. NOT STOPPING TIL IM THERE. WANNA BE READY FOR SUMMER...AND MY SON'S WEDDING...CANT WAIT TO SEND YOU THE GREAT TRANSFORMATION PICTURE!

This is truly a great diet! I am just a little bored though and I have 2 months to go! Since its been cold in Georgia I've been drinking those creamy hot chocolates and they kind of help me get through the day!

konacoral
01-18-2013, 06:33 PM

I personally have been hungry but I drink a ton of water to alleviate that.
Its the first 2-3 weeks that your hungry. I think when I get to the blue menu (I think thats the color) then there will be a little more carbs so less hungry.

konacoral
01-18-2013, 06:39 PM
At 185 pounds I was ( and I am proud to say WAS) a size 14 and busting into a size 16 but all my weight goes to my stomach.

As of today.. size 8.. I lost 2 more pounds. I am now 147 pounds!! YOO HOOO!

I THINK I CAN.. I THINK I CAN...LESS THAN 20 to Go. NOT STOPPING TIL IM THERE. WANNA BE READY FOR SUMMER...AND MY SON'S WEDDING...CANT WAIT TO SEND YOU THE GREAT TRANSFORMATION PICTURE!

This is truly a great diet! I am just a little bored though and I have 2 months to go! Since its been cold in Georgia I've been drinking those creamy hot chocolates and they kind of help me get through the day!

:hug: you all really inspire me .. I started at 185 in size 12-14 jean and just day 12 I think Im 178 ish. 12 fit better.
I hear you on the new clothes, your sons wedding - how amazing will that be??! I would love to see your pics.
Someone asked me today if I have a harder time on my days off. I said nope. Im in MODE... Almost 6lbs so far and looks like Im averaging about 3-4 lbs a week. HELLO!! Why would it be hard when I see these results?
It can be for a lot of people and in the past I was one of them.
Wishing I could have a vodka and diet tonic tonight at a party but Im good, I have so much more to look forward to and YOU all are my inspiration to see it CAN ACTUALLY HAPPEN

Going4Fit
01-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I get tired of trying to figure out how people get to be what size they are at whatever weight but for the record I was a size 16 at my starting weight of 183 and just started fitting into my 12's at 160.

Keylani, hadn't seen you post in a bit and was worried about you. Glad to see you're still around!

Work In Progress
01-18-2013, 10:16 PM
I hope you all are doing well tonight. Congrats to everyone for staying on track and losing!

Just a quick check in, I went for weigh in today and lost 1.5 more pounds so an 8 lb total loss so far :carrot:

lunarsongbird
01-18-2013, 10:28 PM
I hope you all are doing well tonight. Congrats to everyone for staying on track and losing!

Just a quick check in, I went for weigh in today and lost 1.5 more pounds so an 8 lb total loss so far :carrot:

AWESOME! Good for you!:bravo:

konacoral
01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Hello Everyone!
Happy Sunday..
Still good and going strong. Starting day 11 Green Menu tomorrow. I truly didn't think I could have this much control. I think my mind is just DONE with the the weight and no confidence and n ot being able to shop.
I love the energy I have. Vitamins, etc.

Had a free training session yesterday and boy did he kick my butt. Im sore but it feels really good.
Tons of things to do, might go to the gym and do a little treadmill action.
Have a great Sunday!:carrot:

Keylani
01-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Mrs Riker
Thank you!! I've always weighed heavier than I look. Maybe I do have some muscle after all hahahaha

Going4fit
I've just been crazy busy the last week or two. I love you girls...not going anywhere. I'm so excited to be so close to onederland!!! I think I will cry that day...just like I did the first weigh in under 300...whew!!

Dcar
01-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Going to start height menu in the morning. Boost three pounds in precondition but probably messed that up on my mini vacation this weekend. That's my last fling!
Looking forward to starting my new food life tomorrow!

Dcar
01-20-2013, 09:24 PM
That should have said beige menu....darn iPad

Going4Fit
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Work In Progress - yay! You're doing great! You'll get to sign the ten pound scale in no time!

~~~~~~~~

I mostly just wanted to post so my new avatar would show up! Has my before and after picture from the center. I just found out they submitted these photos to corporate for the chance to be used in their advertising. That upsets me, but I know I signed a waiver about that when I first signed up - just never dreamed they'd actually use mine. Doesn't mean corporate will actually choose them of course.

I started week 2 of stabilization today. Week one was easy!

Keylani
01-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Work In Progress - yay! You're doing great! You'll get to sign the ten pound scale in no time!

~~~~~~~~

I mostly just wanted to post so my new avatar would show up! Has my before and after picture from the center. I just found out they submitted these photos to corporate for the chance to be used in their advertising. That upsets me, but I know I signed a waiver about that when I first signed up - just never dreamed they'd actually use mine. Doesn't mean corporate will actually choose them of course.

That's awesome Going4fit!! I hope they choose you!! Thanks for posting your pic's!

cmarty
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Konacoral,
Girl you r on the roll, You are going to lose this weight in no time. I didn't exercise but you r inspiring me to do that now. I really want to tone up...to start with I just didn't have the energy...and I got discouraged but the first week I exercised I didnt lose anything. But the next week I lost 3 and half pounds. The counselor said that I was putting my body in starvation mode by exercising too much. I had been to the gym everyday for a week. But tomorrow...I am cranking it up again. We gotta get ready for summer...and those spring clothes look so pretty,,nice colors. Stay on it and keep posting...it is well worth your while!

peg51
01-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Day 14 WI was today, and I'm down -15 lbs.! I am not hungry, and am SO excited about the HNS and what they do to curb my appetite! I love stopping in here and checking in on everyone's progress. Go us!

Work In Progress
01-21-2013, 09:56 PM
peg51 - Way to go!!!! You are doing so good :cp:

Going4Fit and Keylani - both of your pictures are amazing and inspiring

Dcar - way to jump back on track, we can do this!

I want to thank all of you for your support, it makes a huge difference to have others on this journey with me and cheering each other on.

I don't weigh in again until Wednesday but I'm not expecting anything bad since I was good for the weekend and stayed on plan. When I go in we are going to discuss the results of my spit test. I've read that some have had the experience of pushy sales but I have to say that so far I've had a great experience. Yes, they do recommend things to me but I'm not afraid to say I don't want it or I can't afford it (some of those things can get quite expensive).

Keylani
01-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Way to go girls!!!
I weigh in today...can hardly wait!!

WorkinProgress!!
Thank you very much and I agree Going4Fit looks awesome!! I've almost lost what she weighs LOL!!!

konacoral
01-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone!!!
Hope we are doing good and going strong..
Here's the next video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joDxy59d_b8

konacoral
01-22-2013, 12:03 PM

yeah!!! Congrats! What day are you on?

konacoral
01-22-2013, 12:05 PM

~~~~~~~~

great before and after pic!!! You look amazing!:smug:

Work In Progress
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
konacoral - I'm on the Beige menu, day 11. I haven't switched color menus like you and I believe it may be because I'm over 200 lbs, at least that's my guess/thoughts. Also, they haven't mentioned exercising to me yet but they have hinted that it's coming. My sister-in-law gave me a gazzelle (sp) machine to get started and my brother said once I really start to work out he'd pay for my membership to the gym he works out in. Honestly, I'm lazy and a big wimp when it comes to exercising, trying to get into the mental state of wanting to work out, just not there yet.

konacoral
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
konacoral - I'm on the Beige menu, day 11. I haven't switched color menus like you and I believe it may be because I'm over 200 lbs, at least that's my guess/thoughts. Also, they haven't mentioned exercising to me yet but they have hinted that it's coming. My sister-in-law gave me a gazzelle (sp) machine to get started and my brother said once I really start to work out he'd pay for my membership to the gym he works out in. Honestly, I'm lazy and a big wimp when it comes to exercising, trying to get into the mental state of wanting to work out, just not there yet.

Im not sure how it works with the weight vs. color menus. Im doing the slim plan, I know there are others - like meta balance -etc.
Exercising they haven't mentioned? Thats weird. Usually its take a walk and get out there. NO MORE then 220 min a week for me. But thats because I love Zumba.
You will get there when you start exercising - I cant exercise at home - too boring for me. I have a huge social circle of people I have met at my gym over the last year and its fun to go and have a good time.
You'll see :D
Keep on Trucking!!! :hug:

cmarty
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Congrats to all who lost this week!

konacoral
01-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Plateau...

doesn't seem fair but I think I have hit a plateau and Im on day 12. THen again it could just be a gain of muscle. Anyone working out with weights and found this happening.
I really can't go by the scale. I really need to go by inches because of this - so I did.
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost 2" off my thighs (each one of them) !!!
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost a total of 8"
I think thats progress so Im not going to let the scale make me mad.

Anyone?:dizzy:

anjy99
01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
ugh I'm on day 13 of a plateau.. don't know what is going on!!

cmarty
01-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Girls on a plateau...listen this has happened to me...don't give up... the next week or so it will start falling off...our bodies do this sometimes

when I was working out everyday..I stopped losing weight for a week..but the next week I lost 3 and half pounds and the next week 2

don't get discouraged..your body is getting ready to release the fat...so smile and just keepi dieting because it is going to pay off!

Going4Fit
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Plateau...

doesn't seem fair but I think I have hit a plateau and Im on day 12. THen again it could just be a gain of muscle. Anyone working out with weights and found this happening.
I really can't go by the scale. I really need to go by inches because of this - so I did.
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost 2" off my thighs (each one of them) !!!
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost a total of 8"
I think thats progress so Im not going to let the scale make me mad.

Anyone?:dizzy:

CONGRATS on those inches lost!!! Didn't your center give you the plateau handout that they expect to occur around day 10 or so?

I can't remember if you're weighing in twice weekly or if you're one of the gals doing this on your own or whatever, but the constant weigh-ins are definitely going to give you static numbers every now and then. Sometimes I would get frustrated with two weigh-ins in a row giving me the same number. Then I'd remember those were both within a week so it's not like I really, really plateaued. You know?

I know it doesn't seem fair when you've been working out and keeping to the eating plan, but it's a journey and it all pays off. You made a good choice to focus on the inches lost. And don't forget maintaining is better than gaining too.

I personally think this plan just doesn't do well with much exercise. I was on meta-slim and all that was required was 15 minutes of mild exercise three times a week. I really wanted to be fit, not just skinny, and so was doing much more. I kept it within the 240 weekly limit of cardio, but really that's so arbitrary. 40 minutes on my exercise bike I can burn 140-240 calories depending on how hard I push myself, and if I spend that same 40 minutes doing a Jillian Michaels DVD, I'm over 300 easily. Anyway, I would push myself and do my 40 minutes 6 days a week, alternating my bike and Jillian Michaels. Then one week I had company staying at my place and only was able to do my bike a few times, and for not as long. I lost five pounds that week. Only week I ever lost that much. So after that I didn't stress about doing so much exercise and my averages stayed the same (after that one big loss).

Going4Fit
01-23-2013, 10:37 PM
ugh I'm on day 13 of a plateau.. don't know what is going on!!

What has your center said? Have they given you the plateau buster menu? You can try increasing your water intake for a week. Lots of potty trips, but I switched from 12 to 16 cups for a week once at the suggestion of one of the gals at the center and that broke me through a plateau.

Hang in there!

Work In Progress
01-23-2013, 11:43 PM
This must be plateau time.... add me to the list too!

Exact same weight as Friday and my center was very encouraging like Going4Fit said, they explained that it was totally expected, that my body was probably really working on some 'hard, long held' fat.

konacoral - I've been encouraged to excerise now, recommended to start slow and easy, goal for this week is to get in excerise 3 times for 20 mins, if I can't do the full 20 mins just do as much as I can and build up each time.

I was discouraged briefly when I saw that it was the same weight because I felt like I lost, in my mind I had build up an expectation of loss. Then I reminded myself to stop setting expectation up in my mind because I'm in this for the long haul and it's still a win because it's not a weight gain.

Thanks Going4Fit and cmarty for the pep talks, I definitely needed it tonight!

anjy99
01-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks ladies for the encouragement! The center just said keep plugging along.. which I am doing.. but it's hard to stay motivated. They have suggested exercise and I would love to do that.. just need to figure out how to carve out the time.

konacoral
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
This must be plateau time.... add me to the list too!

Exact same weight as Friday and my center was very encouraging like Going4Fit said, they explained that it was totally expected, that my body was probably really working on some 'hard, long held' fat.

konacoral - I've been encouraged to excerise now, recommended to start slow and easy, goal for this week is to get in excerise 3 times for 20 mins, if I can't do the full 20 mins just do as much as I can and build up each time.

I was discouraged briefly when I saw that it was the same weight because I felt like I lost, in my mind I had build up an expectation of loss. Then I reminded myself to stop setting expectation up in my mind because I'm in this for the long haul and it's still a win because it's not a weight gain.

Thanks Going4Fit and cmarty for the pep talks, I definitely needed it tonight!

WIP - Good for you! Keep it going ! Walk when you can, jog a little and blare your music super loud it will put you in a great place. I personally need the gym because Im a social butterfly and have made so many great friends.

Weighed in at my Biggest Looser Competition - Down 6.8 going into my 3rd week and lost 4% BF. Got a lot of compliments at work today already too and didn't expect it.

At a plateau for sure in MRC. Its okay - just like we talked about - its going to get better and go away - our bodies will say "OKAY - your serious then" and there it will go.

Keep up the high hopes everyone!!!!
:hug:

konacoral
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
CONGRATS on those inches lost!!! Didn't your center give you the plateau handout that they expect to occur around day 10 or so?

I can't remember if you're weighing in twice weekly or if you're one of the gals doing this on your own or whatever, but the constant weigh-ins are definitely going to give you static numbers every now and then. Sometimes I would get frustrated with two weigh-ins in a row giving me the same number. Then I'd remember those were both within a week so it's not like I really, really plateaued. You know?

I know it doesn't seem fair when you've been working out and keeping to the eating plan, but it's a journey and it all pays off. You made a good choice to focus on the inches lost. And don't forget maintaining is better than gaining too.

I personally think this plan just doesn't do well with much exercise. I was on meta-slim and all that was required was 15 minutes of mild exercise three times a week. I really wanted to be fit, not just skinny, and so was doing much more. I kept it within the 240 weekly limit of cardio, but really that's so arbitrary. 40 minutes on my exercise bike I can burn 140-240 calories depending on how hard I push myself, and if I spend that same 40 minutes doing a Jillian Michaels DVD, I'm over 300 easily. Anyway, I would push myself and do my 40 minutes 6 days a week, alternating my bike and Jillian Michaels. Then one week I had company staying at my place and only was able to do my bike a few times, and for not as long. I lost five pounds that week. Only week I ever lost that much. So after that I didn't stress about doing so much exercise and my averages stayed the same (after that one big loss).

GOINGTOFIT: Cant believe I didn't see this...
I did get the Plateau hand out and Im the one in CALI who calls into MRC two times a week. Yeah I get it. Im not worried. Im just going to keep doing and not go by my weight so much - its more about inches because I do work out and do weights. :O)

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi All,

Haven't checked in for a bit. Last Saturday- the scale jumped up a pound. However- when dug a bit deeper, we discovered that I had lost 11 pounds of fat and 11 inches in just over 2 weeks of being on program.

I'm on Meta-Balance: Level 2, so I have been working out and joined the 60 day t-tapp challenge: http://www.t-tapp.com/success/sixtydaychallenge.html
However, while on the challenge I can only t-tapp, walk and do the elliptical.

kona- count me in for weight training on March 21st! I forgot to mention that I also lost a pound of muscle during my weigh-in! Don't want that to happen again!

I'm also FINALLY in fat burning! HOORAY! I bought some ketosis test strips and was pleased to see one finally change this morning! HOORAY!

meazie
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Woot Woot! :cheer: Down almost two lbs this morning, after nothing for the past 3 days. (I weigh in when I first get up for a more accurate weight than I get at the center mid-day).

So that's a total of 7 lbs since Jan 8th. :carrot: I tend to be slower at weight loss, but I'll keep plugging away. I'm 8 lbs away from One-derland and this time I'm gonna get there!

I've got a retreat on Sunday and they want to go to my favorite pizza place from college. I'm going to look at the menu in advance to see what salads they might have. If not, I'll skip it this time. I ate there enough in college and I'm still carrying that weight around!

Going4Fit
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Congrats on your loss meazie! I am a slower loser too in spite of always being 100% on plan, but by golly altogether it still seems awfully fast when I look back on it all. Didn't feel fast necessarily going through it, since I was doing all the work preparing all my meals fresh three times a day instead of eating fast food or frozen meals, and hauling all my kids to the weigh-in center twice a week has been a real pain. That much effort made it seem like more time had passed. I remember early in the program when I went back and counted the weeks - I had estimated it had been about three months and it had only been two!

Hey smart move with looking up the restaurant beforehand! Knowledge is power. I would be nervous/upset about how to stick on plan if we were out and spontaneously decided to go out to eat somewhere. But knowing beforehand allowed me to look it up and plan ahead and I was easily able to stick to my menu and be in control. You can do it!

Going4Fit
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi All,

Haven't checked in for a bit. Last Saturday- the scale jumped up a pound. However- when dug a bit deeper, we discovered that I had lost 11 pounds of fat and 11 inches in just over 2 weeks of being on program.

I'm on Meta-Balance: Level 2, so I have been working out and joined the 60 day t-tapp challenge: http://www.t-tapp.com/success/sixtydaychallenge.html
However, while on the challenge I can only t-tapp, walk and do the elliptical.

kona- count me in for weight training on March 21st! I forgot to mention that I also lost a pound of muscle during my weigh-in! Don't want that to happen again!

I'm also FINALLY in fat burning! HOORAY! I bought some ketosis test strips and was pleased to see one finally change this morning! HOORAY!

lunar, that's amazing progress - good for you! I've never heard of t-tapp. According to that website you linked, there is a live instructional event nearby tomorrow, but prerequisite is that I own one of the videos and I don't. How did you hear of it? Looks like they promise you can target body areas? That's an unusual claim but sure is tempting. My body fat is too low now to keep losing fat, but I still have a flabby bottom and thighs I'd like to work on before I can be happy in a swimsuit.

lunarsongbird
01-25-2013, 01:15 PM
I was told about t-tapp from a number of people in my life (I always think that is weird when that happens- like the Universe is trying to tell me something). I heard about it from my herbalist, chiropractor and "real food movement" bloggers. http://www.cookingtf.com/why-i-no-longer-visit-the-chiropractor/

So far, t-tapp has been very rewarding. t's very low impact, but you are engaging many muscles at the same time and at this point- it's quite challenging for me. I can feel the workout is really activating my muscles, even though it's really only like a 15-20 minute workout.

Hughes72
01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Happy Friday! Just a quick check in ....since I started the 28 day Majic Plan on January 14, I'm proud to say that I've lost 12.5 pounds! The first week, I just tried to get used to the low calories and this week, I've added in walking with 5.2 miles and did 40 minutes of Zumba yesterday!

The only trouble I've had with this 'online' version is that the counselor I was assigned doesn't respond to me. However, through MRC's Facebook page, I have been chatting with someone.

The hardest for me is to come up with recipes for the limited foods that I'm allowed. Going out hasn't been too tough, but it's a challenge with this diet! Oh well, I'm getting there!

meazie
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Congrats on your loss meazie! I am a slower loser too in spite of always being 100% on plan, but by golly altogether it still seems awfully fast when I look back on it all. Didn't feel fast necessarily going through it, since I was doing all the work preparing all my meals fresh three times a day instead of eating fast food or frozen meals, and hauling all my kids to the weigh-in center twice a week has been a real pain. That much effort made it seem like more time had passed. I remember early in the program when I went back and counted the weeks - I had estimated it had been about three months and it had only been two!

Hey smart move with looking up the restaurant beforehand! Knowledge is power. I would be nervous/upset about how to stick on plan if we were out and spontaneously decided to go out to eat somewhere. But knowing beforehand allowed me to look it up and plan ahead and I was easily able to stick to my menu and be in control. You can do it!

THANKS!!

I juggle work and two young kids as well, plus my husband just went back to school two evenings/week. I decided that this is one thing I can totally control. So I spend time on Sunday to prep meals in advance, cut up veggies, fill pill pouches, etc. :)

konacoral
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi Kids!!!

Looking forward to weigh in on MOnday - gonna kick this plateaus rear end.
Here's video number 3 - weird to see my face change in them..
My personality too!
Even though this is a gym challenge I'm 100% MRC.. so look at the first video then 2nd and you'll see a difference in attitude and clarity. So here's number 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jP0Bc5mcQ

Also - keep working it !!! Thinking about you all every time I feel like a bunny with my 8oz of salad greens. Usually I just have the greens and no extra veggies. You know how much that is??????:p

konacoral
01-25-2013, 07:18 PM
HAD A QUICK PHONE MEETING - MY GIRL SAYS I MIGHT BE EXERCISING TOO MUCH. IM NOT DOING MORE THEN SHE SAYS.
SUCKS! She said I should be done with my plateau but it just started! I think...

day 10 and 12 were the same.. so Im not sure.. that will really suck if Im told that I cant work out that much..

lunarsongbird
01-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Can you ask her about metabalance? My center told me that is the plan they put people that want to work out or body build.

bigdog
01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
has anyone tried the Syntrax Matrix brand of Protein powder? i usually get the Syntrax Nectar which i love and just saw that the Matrix is cheaper. at Vitacost website.. Matrix is $24 for 2 lbs and Nectar is $34. looks like same calories, no aspartame and 23 G. protein. the only difference i see is that the Nectar is Lactose free which is why i really like it and the Vanilla Bean Torte is awesome- esp. w/ frozen strawberries in the blender.
just ordered the Matrix Cookies n Creme and hoping it won't kill my stomach. alot of the other protein shakes bother me.

Happy Saturday everyone! Give me some feedback if you've tried either.

thanks!

Going4Fit
01-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Happy Friday! Just a quick check in ....since I started the 28 day Majic Plan on January 14, I'm proud to say that I've lost 12.5 pounds! The first week, I just tried to get used to the low calories and this week, I've added in walking with 5.2 miles and did 40 minutes of Zumba yesterday!

The only trouble I've had with this 'online' version is that the counselor I was assigned doesn't respond to me. However, through MRC's Facebook page, I have been chatting with someone.

The hardest for me is to come up with recipes for the limited foods that I'm allowed. Going out hasn't been too tough, but it's a challenge with this diet! Oh well, I'm getting there!

konacoral, I agree with lunarsongbird - see if they have a menu with more carbs you can switch to so you can continue your workouts. My center is so reluctant to talk about other menus but push them on it - explain the importance of your workouts to them. If they have nothing to offer, and if workouts are so important right now, and you can't focus on fat loss first, then you need to find a different diet plan. HIIT workouts burn quite a lot of calories and I'm positive from my own experience that at least the MetaSlim plan is too low of calories for those types of workouts. You need to be safe and healthy.

Hughes72, I peeked at facebook to see if our centers stabilization celebration pic had been posted (it hadn't) and I saw your post. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with recipes. Hard for us to help you when we don't know what foods and portions you're allowed on that 28 day plan. Have you peeked in the recipe thread? Or looked at the blog I posted earlier where many of the recipes were compiled? (http://mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/) If you find some that have the same HNS's they sent you and the meats/veggies/starches you're allowed, I'm sure you can see how to adjust the portions for your particular plan. But you're progress is amazing! Guess the plan really is "majic"!

I am down another pound in stabilization. Yay! This plan works!

mamamia77
01-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Seriously, I am happy if I can make it my first day. The night time is hardest. Just one day at a time.

mamamia77
01-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Please, what is the Majic plan?

anjy99
01-27-2013, 03:48 PM
So, I think I have finally figured out (duh!) that I plateau during that "time of the month" So for the couple days leading up and the days of it. Which is at least 9-10 days or so.. I'm not sure if there is something I can be doing to help during those couple of weeks.. maybe if I get into exercising???

Going4Fit
01-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi mamamia77 - welcome! Yes, you CAN do it. You are right - one day at a time. It gets easier, it really does. I love my green menu!

anjy99 - oh you are so right! I forgot about that! Yes, I always stayed the same or even went up half a pound sometimes the days leading up to and about halfway into my period. I researched it for a bit the first time it happened and had to laugh at all the "reasons" given. For instance, cravings making you overeat, not drinking enough water so retaining water during that time. Not true if staying 100% on plan! You just have to accept that our bodies have work to do and can't focus on weight loss right then. If you stick to the plan and don't let the "period plateau" derail you, you'll see a loss again when it's over, so no worries!

Going4Fit
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM

It's a 28 day weight loss kit you can buy from MRC's website.

mamamia77
01-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Hi Going4fit,

Thank you for the welcome. I want to start a new MRC daily check-in, support group and thought you might participate or help get it going.

I am starting on MRC too. This is my 3rd day. My first 2 days I did good. My second day I had a couple more melba toasts. I am still counting it.

I would love to find, join, start a thread for anyone starting out on MRC so that we can keep each other motivated. I prefer going after reaching goals of:
-journaling
-drink water
-taking supplements
-staying on program
-regular exercise

Versus going after pounds. To me the consistency is the lifelong goal.

konacoral
01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Can you ask her about metabalance? My center told me that is the plan they put people that want to work out or body build.

Yes, I will!

konacoral
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
konacoral, I agree with lunarsongbird - see if they have a menu with more carbs you can switch to so you can continue your workouts. My center is so reluctant to talk about other menus but push them on it - explain the importance of your workouts to them. If they have nothing to offer, and if workouts are so important right now, and you can't focus on fat loss first, then you need to find a different diet plan. HIIT workouts burn quite a lot of calories and I'm positive from my own experience that at least the MetaSlim plan is too low of calories for those types of workouts. You need to be safe and healthy.

Hughes72, I peeked at facebook to see if our centers stabilization celebration pic had been posted (it hadn't) and I saw your post. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with recipes. Hard for us to help you when we don't know what foods and portions you're allowed on that 28 day plan. Have you peeked in the recipe thread? Or looked at the blog I posted earlier where many of the recipes were compiled? (http://mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/) If you find some that have the same HNS's they sent you and the meats/veggies/starches you're allowed, I'm sure you can see how to adjust the portions for your particular plan. But you're progress is amazing! Guess the plan really is "majic"!

I am down another pound in stabilization. Yay! This plan works!

I totally agree and will talk to them. I cant believe Im being told Im working out too much... isn't that the idea? You can't provide a new lifestyle without exercise! Its all about exercise and eating right.
I went down a pound this morning.. 178.4.. maybe the plateau is done.
Just starting PMS and ate about a dozen tootsie rolls. CRAP!
I figure with the working out that I am doing with just make that sugar go away anyway.

Mind you.. Im not going insane. zumba or bootcamp 2 -3 times a week. Maybe a treadmill for thecolorrun.com this weekend but again NOT GOING INSANE. :dizzy:

Hughes72
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM

It's a 28 day weight loss plan that can be purchased on emetabolic.com. It's very restrictive as far as what and how much you can eat. It comes with two flavors of HSN and you drink those with your lunch and dinner, alone with the recommended food/servings.

Going4Fit
01-28-2013, 12:46 PM
I totally agree and will talk to them. I cant believe Im being told Im working out too much... isn't that the idea? You can't provide a new lifestyle without exercise! Its all about exercise and eating right.
I went down a pound this morning.. 178.4.. maybe the plateau is done.
Just starting PMS and ate about a dozen tootsie rolls. CRAP!
I figure with the working out that I am doing with just make that sugar go away anyway.

Mind you.. Im not going insane. zumba or bootcamp 2 -3 times a week. Maybe a treadmill for thecolorrun.com this weekend but again NOT GOING INSANE. :dizzy:

konacoral, I think you need to have your gal explain the program to you a bit better. This is a very specific plan that puts you in a catabolic state with an emphasis on burning fat instead of muscle. In this mode, your body cannot exchange calories with exercise - it will be looking to hold on to any extra calories it can get, especially fat/carbs. (That's why they tell you that three days are wasted every time you go off plan because that's how long it takes to get back to that specific state). It's not until you get to maintenance and have transitioned your body to a caloric based plan that you can trade off exercise for calories.

I understand a permanent healthy lifestyle would include eating right and exercise. Doing MRC for me was the start to a healthy lifestyle - get the fat off, learn to prepare and eat whole, healthy foods, and learn to incorporate exercise regularly (but only mild cardio/stretching while on plan). Once I enter maintenance I will begin more serious strength training workouts to build muscle and absolutely plan on being able to hit the spin class at the gym in the mornings or do some HIIT if I ate out the night before or snacked too much, etc.

Here's a link to an article about the different processes involved with burning fat versus building muscle: http://www.builtlean.com/2011/08/04/can-you-lose-fat-and-build-muscle-at-the-same-time/

Going4Fit
01-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Going4fit,

Thank you for the welcome. I want to start a new MRC daily check-in, support group and thought you might participate or help get it going.

I am starting on MRC too. This is my 3rd day. My first 2 days I did good. My second day I had a couple more melba toasts. I am still counting it.

I would love to find, join, start a thread for anyone starting out on MRC so that we can keep each other motivated. I prefer going after reaching goals of:
-journaling
-drink water
-taking supplements
-staying on program
-regular exercise

Versus going after pounds. To me the consistency is the lifelong goal.

Great idea mamamia! I would start a new thread in February since this month is almost over. Title it "MRC'ers Daily Check In - February 2013" or something similar. Ask people to come on daily and post about those points you mentioned. I'll do mine for yesterday as an example:

Sunday check in:

*Journaled all my food yesterday and was 100% on plan! Tried a new recipe from the cookbook, the pizza, and loved it!

*64 oz water (unusual for me to only do the minimum, but I always get behind Sunday mornings because I need to be able to sit through church and usually I catch up in the afternoon but this time I had to run errands all afternoon.

*Had a cranky day because of family issues - stayed up too late trying to unwind because of it so didn't get enough sleep. :(

*No exercise - I like to take Sunday's off. :^:

konacoral
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
konacoral, I think you need to have your gal explain the program to you a bit better. This is a very specific plan that puts you in a catabolic state with an emphasis on burning fat instead of muscle. In this mode, your body cannot exchange calories with exercise - it will be looking to hold on to any extra calories it can get, especially fat/carbs. (That's why they tell you that three days are wasted every time you go off plan because that's how long it takes to get back to that specific state). It's not until you get to maintenance and have transitioned your body to a caloric based plan that you can trade off exercise for calories.

I understand a permanent healthy lifestyle would include eating right and exercise. Doing MRC for me was the start to a healthy lifestyle - get the fat off, learn to prepare and eat whole, healthy foods, and learn to incorporate exercise regularly (but only mild cardio/stretching while on plan). Once I enter maintenance I will begin more serious strength training workouts to build muscle and absolutely plan on being able to hit the spin class at the gym in the mornings or do some HIIT if I ate out the night before or snacked too much, etc.

Here's a link to an article about the different processes involved with burning fat versus building muscle: http://www.builtlean.com/2011/08/04/can-you-lose-fat-and-build-muscle-at-the-same-time/

going4fit
thank you for the feedback. thats the feedback I understand and am getting from them as well. its just frustrating to be told that I might be working out too much and Im staying under the 220 min.
SHOOT

konacoral
01-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah! I qualify for signature!

lunarsongbird
01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure there is anything scientifically with ketogenic diets that make the body unable exchange calories with exercise. Also, I believe the reason that the center tells you three days are wasted every time you go off plan is because if you have over 100 grams (sometimes less for certain people) of carbohydrates during the day, your body will switch back to burning glucose versus ketones (fat), and Going4Fit is totally right- it does indeed take about three days to get back into ketosis.

I think if anything, the center is concerned that you may be burning too many ketones and creating an unhealthy level of keto-acid in the blood.

"During ketosis, keto-acids build up in the blood. The kidneys eliminate keto-acids from the body. If keto-acids in the blood build up beyond the ability of the kidneys to eliminate the acid, fatigue, irregular heartbeat or dizziness may occur. Avoid exercise if you experience dizziness or irregular heartbeat while on a ketogenic diet."
http://www.livestrong.com/article/298386-is-it-dangerous-to-exercise-while-on-a-ketogenic-diet/

There are many body builders that use ketogenic diets on a very regular basis, however- they are eating WAY more calories then anyone on meta-slim.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm
MRC is still allowing for a calories-in, calories-out approach- and not too many of their clients exercise like body builders, so meta-slim is built on the average MRC consumer.

I think you can make exercise work with MRC, you just need to find the right plan- like metabalance. My center even showed me a picture of someone who came in for body building purposes. ETA: And she ROCKED the program!

lunarsongbird
01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Also- if you are interested in seeing if you are in ketosis, you can buy ketone test strips at most any drug store.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-ketone-test-strips-for-urinalysis/ID=prod6000723-product

lunarsongbird
01-28-2013, 04:47 PM
I did gobs of research after my Food Instruction class, because I've learned if I don't know HOW and WHY the plan works- I have trouble following it.

Another thing I discovered, especially if you want to be exercising, is that you need to ensure that you are getting enough amino acids and enough glucose (why there is still some fruit/starches on program)- or your body will go and find what it needs...buy basically consuming some of your muscle. I lost a pound of muscle in my first three weeks. -_- Boo.

And the more muscle you lose- the harder it will be to maintain your weight loss. Muscle mass is very important in metabolism. At the center, they check muscle mass and fat percentage. If you aren't going to a center, you might want to look into getting a scale that monitors that, as well. EatSmart has one with wicked awesome reviews- http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B004L6NTHU/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1359398776&sr=1-3

konacoral
01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Thank you so much! Since I have been doing this Weigh Loss challenge at my GYM I have gained lots of muscle and lost 4% BF in two weeks.
I know this works and no doubt about it.

Wednesday is Week 3 Weigh in... That means Im going into week 4 of the challenge and ends at 6 weeks.
OUCH

They are measuring % of lbs loss from your weight and determining a winner. I'll keep it up FRIENDS!!

lunarsongbird
01-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Go, Kona, GO Kona!
:dance: :dance:

konacoral
01-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Go, Kona, GO Kona!
:dance: :dance:

awwww thanks!!!!

meazie
01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I've got a retreat on Sunday and they want to go to my favorite pizza place from college. I'm going to look at the menu in advance to see what salads they might have. If not, I'll skip it this time. I ate there enough in college and I'm still carrying that weight around!

Well, what's the saying? :?: The best laid plans...yeah, well I didn't follow my plans. I ordered and ate the full calzone and had booze with it, no less! I continued my bad habits on Monday, and now I'm in tons of catered meetings the rest of the week. This is what I seem to do WAY too often. :(

I'm going to focus on getting back on track, one meal at a time. And get in lots of water to flush the bad stuff out too.

*big sigh*

Work In Progress
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Sorry for being MIA but the darn flu caught me :(

I was still on plateau at my last check in, no weigh in since then I've been talking to the ladies from my center by phone (to play it safe and not pass this yuck along). I have stayed on plan, taken my HNS and drank plenty of water/fluids however, I haven't eaten all my food, just no appetite.

skelley331
01-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Sorry for being MIA but the darn flu caught me :(

I was still on plateau at my last check in, no weigh in since then I've been talking to the ladies from my center by phone (to play it safe and not pass this yuck along). I have stayed on plan, taken my HNS and drank plenty of water/fluids however, I haven't eaten all my food, just no appetite.

Oh i got the flu last week (the stomach flu) and i had no appetite just drank lots of water and slept, i went totally off plan and now i'm having a hard time getting back on, i keep telling myself okay tomorrow you start over and then tomorrow comes and i can't keep on plan, i go friday to weigh in so i'm going to talk to my counselor and see what i need to do, i started maintenance on jan 4th and was doing great until i got sick. I sure hope i can figure out how to get back on track!!! I hope you are feeling better, the flu really knocks you out.

konacoral
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi Fat CHICK MRC Peeps -

So did a boot camp class last night - that was a little crazy. I wasn't expecting a run around a HUGE HUGE commercial block and then in the middle of it do 100 jumping jacks in the first 5-7 min.

Im doing this Color Run on Saturday and now Im fully nervous! At least I can keep up with the little kids and moms with strollers :D

Today is end of week weight in for my looser challenge in my gym. That means a whole new video. Im a little worried about the weigh in because of PRE TOM

Speaking of PRE TOM curious to know what you all did about it (cravings) ? Any total complete break downs and just grabbed a candy bar?

I did get my new shipment of HNS and I asked for the cappuccino and the vanilla. People complained about the vanilla on this board and I actually was very lucky I had it and didn't mind it at all!
Haven't tried the cappuccino one yet.

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

lunarsongbird
01-30-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm just approaching TOM now...I did break plan.My DH made this amazing homemade creme brulee for me on Monday. (He's still figuring out what I can eat). And I fell in love. :love: But then the next day- the ketone stick was beige. GR. :cry:

After a very aggressive day- I'm back into "fat burning." Hooray. :cp:

On Friday I am going to pick up some MRC bars. I think they will really help with the cravings.

Work In Progress
01-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Feeling slowly better and after weigh in this evening I feel like dancing! :carrot:

2.5 lbs gone for a total of 11 lbs loss for the month of January. I got my -10 bracelet, -10 'milestone' rock and signed the -10 board...I feel like a super star! :goodscale

skelley331 - Thank you, I'm feeling better each day and fortunate that I didn't have the stomach flu part of it. I had the cold/flu and was down 5 days, just yucky yucky stuff. How often do you weigh in while in maintenance?

konacoral - you can do it, sending warm wishes for you challenge at the gym! I'm of the age where I don't get the dreaded TOM every month (yay for menapause, the one thing good about the fun transition) so craving aren't a temptation for me each month, ok at least none during PMS, lol.

meazie - you have the right thought, one meal at a time, one step at a time! I'm rooting for you!

konacoral
01-31-2013, 12:12 PM
lunarsongbird - I hear you on the creme brulee UH THAT WOULD BE MY WEAKNESS TOO!
work in progress: yeah we all have our cravings whether or not we have TOM or NOT. Hate it but Im sure its just nature.

RESULTS FROM WEIGH IN AT Gym
END OF WEEK 3
6% body fat gone
1/2 lb gone =7.2lbs
Gained 19 years
Gained bone mass
6lbs of muscle mass

Going4Fit
01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Daily check in:

100% on plan, but cravings are getting stronger since I'm so close to moving into maintenance. I know it's a mental thing since it's hard not feeling like I'll be "done" with dieting once I finish stabilization. I've noticed I'm stopping and looking at the calories of everything now since I'll have a daily caloric level to stay at once on maintenance. That was such a nice thing about going through this plan with MRC - no counting calories or points! Just mix and match choices off the allowed items for each meal and know they've done the work for you for making sure it's the right balance of calories/fats/carbs/ protein for optimum fat burn. Loved it.

The good thing is seeing how much of my caloric limit will be used up on my healthy foods for my main meals now that I'm tracking in MyFitnessPal.com. There won't be much left over for snacks or treats or higher caloric meals. And seeing how many calories are in those crave worthy items I keep peeking at, I'd have to have them in such small portions it would only make me feel sorry for myself!

CCdoodle
01-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone, I'm rejoining again.

I tried to do it at home the last time (approx 4-5 mts ago) as I had previously been on program 5 yrs before moving. I didn't have anything other than the green menu, so got busy with holidays and short staffed at work so it went on the back burner. Havn't gained, but havn't lost in that time.

So called them up yesterday and renewed and got updated information. WOW.. Much more choices that 5 yrs ago! Pleasently suprised! I'll be preconditioing over the weekend and start 'bootcamp' (day 1-10) on Monday.

The program really does work, hence the reason for spending the money to go back on it.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

LC

konacoral
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Feeling slowly better and after weigh in this evening I feel like dancing! :carrot:

2.5 lbs gone for a total of 11 lbs loss for the month of January. I got my -10 bracelet, -10 'milestone' rock and signed the -10 board...I feel like a super star! :goodscale

skelley331 - Thank you, I'm feeling better each day and fortunate that I didn't have the stomach flu part of it. I had the cold/flu and was down 5 days, just yucky yucky stuff. How often do you weigh in while in maintenance?

konacoral - you can do it, sending warm wishes for you challenge at the gym! I'm of the age where I don't get the dreaded TOM every month (yay for menapause, the one thing good about the fun transition) so craving aren't a temptation for me each month, ok at least none during PMS, lol.

meazie - you have the right thought, one meal at a time, one step at a time! I'm rooting for you!

IM GOING TO TACK MY CRUDDY WEIGHT LOSS ON WEIGHT TRAINING... Im seeing 11 lbs OR MORE in others in 1 month and Im totally frustrated!

Work In Progress
01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
IM GOING TO TACK MY CRUDDY WEIGHT LOSS ON WEIGHT TRAINING... Im seeing 11 lbs OR MORE in others in 1 month and Im totally frustrated!

Don't get discouraged konacoral, I think you are right and instead of seeing the weight loss you are seeing muscle gain.

I'm attributing at least a couple of pounds of that loss due to the fact that I was sick and loss of appetite. I've set another mini goal of -12 lbs for myself for February so we'll see how it works out.

Angel Eyz
01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Today I started and I weigh 184. I'm hoping to lose up o 51lbs. I have read through the posts and you guys are amazing! Congratulations, I know it's hard. :)

CCdoodle
01-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Welcome AngelEyz, are you doing the Yellow/Blue menues then the green?

LC

Angel Eyz
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm preconditioning, on Monday I go for a weigh in. I'm not really sure how this works just yet.

CCdoodle
01-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Oh we will be close together then, I'm preconditioning over the weekend and then on Monday start a new menu.

I have done this previously and my center is 3 hrs away so they gave me all my menus when I went in today. You start on the preconditioning, then they generally have you go to a food class, and start on a new menu. Some centers do a more restricted diet for 10 days, then a final one that you stay on the greatest duration of your program. That menu depends on what your center and you need.

Hows the preconditioning going?

LC

Angel Eyz
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
So far so good, avoiding the snack habit is a little rough but I'm fighting the urge. I'm nervous and excited.

meazie
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Today I started and I weigh 184. I'm hoping to lose up o 51lbs. I have read through the posts and you guys are amazing! Congratulations, I know it's hard. :)

Hi and welcome! I'm in Colorado too, up in Ft C. How about you? It would be fun to find a local MRC friend on here :)

meazie
02-01-2013, 11:38 AM

Well, I too got hit by the dreaded stomach flu bug. I was lucky to tolerate jello, chicken broth and crackers. I'm on the mend now and will work on getting back on track...one meal at a time. It's not been a good week for weight loss, but at least I didn't gain thanks to the stomach bug!

Angel Eyz
02-01-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm at Ft C as well, I had to go to the dr today and I'm dwn 2lbs. I'm amazed.

meazie
02-01-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm at Ft C as well, I had to go to the dr today and I'm dwn 2lbs. I'm amazed.

Good for you! :cheer:

I just started another thread about MRC'ers in CO. We'll see who chimes in. Could be fun to find a location support group. :)

Angel Eyz
02-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Good for you! :cheer:

I just started another thread about MRC'ers in CO. We'll see who chimes in. Could be fun to find a location support group. :)

I can't wait:carrot: