Old 01-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

happy New Year! New year new cycle new beginnings! Lets do this!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

WELCOME TO A HEALTHY 2013 ALL YOU AWESOME LADIES OF THE 40-SOMETHING BOARD!!!

Started out healthy. I made H & I a really simple omlet with a little grilled chicken, little bit of green pepper then topped with a small bit of grated lo-fat cheese & fresh salsa. YUM!
We then bundled up (it's cold, clear & breezy here in No. CA) & went for a 50 minute walk in the park. We went to another section that we hadn't explored before, but we'll be there again!
Talked to him about getting bikes...maybe with my tax return since that'll be right around our anniversary (April 1st!). He likes the idea, we just want to see what the dr. says & how things progress.
He is scheduled to go in on the 10th to get his heart monitor. He was told he'd have to wear it for possibly as long as 2 weeks. Then drs. will plan for the pacemaker. I'm a little scared, but I know he'll feel MUCH better once this is all taken care of.
Day #1 of 2013: Healthy! Good eating, plenty of H2O & exercise. Plan for tomorrow & the remainder of the week...MORE of the same....
NOW! WHO'S WITH ME??!!!!!

newleaf123, twinieten, valentine21463: I think you'll really like it here! Ya know, you coulda joined us at anytime, but we are glad you're here!! We are all here for the same reason, so we can & will help each other along the way.

valentine21463: I too have to take B-12. I also have to take iron. Mine are all in tablet form. Yes, if someone is having an issue with fatigue they may be having a problem with either iron or B-12. Check with your dr., cause it seems to be common in women. I effects ALL the women in my family.

SeeMyFeet: I'm with you. I do have a few things down in black & white (on my blog), but for goals? Nothing written down yet. Mostly it's healhiest eating possible, exercising more regularly, and being supportive of my hubby & you guys here. I don't know exaclty how much weight I can loose, but I'm going to try. I'm pretty concerned about my blood pressure & heart health. Definite goal: A PHYSICAL.

olehcat: Kick that unhealthy behavior to the curb. The holidays are over. You can do this!!! Sounds like our goals are very similar. Eat healthy, do healthy & if there is rewards to reap it's a bonus. Go for it!

Sheila: Goal by March 1? AWESOME!!! My goals are going to be more abstract. To be able to walk/hike/bike for an hour plus without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I do know I need to loose the lbs., but I can't concentrate on the right now. My good is to be a different shape...something other than ROUND.

guacamole: May a step in the right direction lead to many more steps that same way! Here's a little something for you...

Well, I've got to do a load or 2 of laundry. Need clean uniforms for work week. Wish Santa woulda brought me a new job for Christmas. It was on my list!!! Oh, well.

Anywho's...
BE HEALTHY! KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE! YOU ARE ALL WORTH IT! NOW, GET IT DONE!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Question to All:

How do you ladies keep yourselves accountable at work? My DH had an idea today. . .

At home we have a chalkboard in the kitchen for needed grocery items and I use it to tick off my water intake. Two weeks ago I posted my weight - I figured that's where the temptation to overeat/eat unhealthy is, not in the bathroom by the scale!!
Today I added my DHs weight as he started eating healthy and exercising. He thought it was a great idea (he hadn't noticed mine *sigh*) and is going to do it at work. On the bulletin board where EVERYONE can see it!!!! Not sure I would be that brave... Any thoughts or ideas?

Sweat is just fat crying!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

2FatCats - I take my journal to work - I don't do anything quite as public as your DH, but it helps me stay on track!! AND - I have a portable elliptical under my desk with some old tennis shoes! I'm fortunate to have an office with a door - so I just close the door and walk on the elliptical - especially if I'm on a stressful conference call!! I mean - why not?!? If I had a cube, I would just put it under my desk and bicycle!! (I've done that before in my office too...LOL) - I also have resistance bands in there....you've inspired me to use both more often this year!!!

MrsTryingAgain - You go girl!!! WOO HOO!! Sounds like you had a fabulous day!! Just an FYI - my kickboxing instructor just turned 40 and had a pacemaker put in - (her 2nd one!!) - she is fabulous!! Runs 5K races, teaches kickboxing 4 days a week - she's truly an inspiration! And she feels SO much better now!! More energy and everything! I just wanted to share that with you because it made me really nervous when she had the surgery, but now she feels so much better!!! I pray your husband has the same success!!!!

Work tomorrow - Mixed feelings because I need to get out of this house, but at the same time, I know there is a lot of stress waiting...(sigh)...I will kickbox tomorrow night after work - breakfast - a protein soy shake, lunch - vegan soup and dinner - crustless veggie pizza - - it will be a great day.

I'll check in tomorrow!!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #20  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Feeling good today, as the day is winding down. Ate lots of wonderful, healthy food, including a new recipe for smoked salmon & chipotle chowder... Yum. Have 4 portions leftover I'm the fridge, so I guess I know what I'm eating for lunch the next few days...

Thanks for all the warm welcome. I really enjoyed reading about people's goals and resolutions for the year. My goals are carried over from last year:

increase the amount of homemade food that my family eats, decrease the amount of restaurant food and soda
Recognize that life is short, and let go of any anger, angst, etc more quickly
Work towards health and fitness
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #21  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to expand on the B-12 thing. The good news is, if you go to a med spa, you don't have to have a doctor's prescription! My doctor would have me test and would tell me I don't need B-12. BTDT. And yes, I've had a ton of other tests to try to determine why I have such fatigue, and nothing was revealed.

Anyhow, I'd used the B-12 shots for weight loss before, and even though they didn't do anything for my weight, I sure felt good. After being sick, I started wondering if maybe I could use a little B-12, which is great for immunity among other things. The oral or sublingual kinds did nothing for me, so I went back to the med spa. I bought regular B12, not the weight loss kind. So far so good! I've had only 2 shots, but I feel a difference.

Accountability at work... I don't know. I couldn't possibly make my weight public, but good for your DH!! I just make sure to update my food journal through the day if I eat something, like cookies, or candy or whatever I happen to grab. It's easy to think that one won't hurt, but several "ones" add up and recording them helps keep me focused. I'm just glad the holidays are over, and so ends the steady flow of sweet treats and yummy snacks.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #22  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Happy New Year all, up 2 lbs. from the parental holiday meal, but that's it, now it's time to get back OP. Looking forward to making my goal this year and getting a big loan paid off in July, so 13 is looking promising so far...

best to all

I'm already a page behind...will catch up later, got to shower and get off to work, first day back to that routine, too...
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #23  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning,

Weight is up a bit 159.4 this AM. I so don't want to go over 160, that would just crush me.

I am planning on walking 5 miles today and eating clean.

I started a 1000 Miles in 2013 challenge, please check it out. I finished it last year and people were asking to start a new one for this year. Join me ladies! I think I plan on walking 650 miles this year and doing 350 miles of elliptical (about 5500 minutes).

What are your goals for this year?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #24  
Heidi

Sum38 - I would love to join the 1000 Mile challenge. How are you determining elliptical miles? Does your machine calculate them, or are you doing some sort of conversion? I have a big trek coming up in March and plan to do a fair amount of walking beforehand to train... We hike 18 miles on Day 1 -- eek!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #25  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Happy! Happy! New Year!

New Year - time for a new start. I have been on holiday vacation for the past 2 weeks and have taken an unplanned diet vacation too. My scale definitely showed it this morning, back up to 168 UGH! 8 lbs heavier than I was at this time last year. This fact does NOT make me happy with myself at all.
My first day of 2013 was on plan as far as eating but I could not muster up enough energy to exercise. However, I was up early and got a good exercise session in this morning and the food I brought to eat at work today is all on plan.

My NEW mini goal is to be back down to 160 before my 43rd birthday. Would love to be lower but I just cannot lose 5-6lbs a month anymore. I have to be happy with a slower 3-4lb loss.

Still using my e-ciggy - 30 days today with out a regular smoke. Just let me say, I LOVE my electronic cig.

Cheers to a happy and healthy new year for all of us!

Last edited by NEMom; 01-02-2013 at 10:31 AM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #26  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Heidi I count 15 minutes of elliptical time as a mile. It is pretty accurate according to my fitbit as well...gives me 2000 steps for each 15 minutes I work out.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/195/155 BMI=29.1

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone, I am extremely new here but it is a long overdue step. I have been overweight for the last two years. I am 43, married and a mom to fraternal twin daughters who are 7. I lost my job about 4 years ago and decided to be a stay at home mom as the profession in the medical field I specialized in was hard to find jobs in due to technology advances. When my daughters started Kindergarten in August 2011, I started college ... a long time dream of mine. After starting at the beginning with no credits, I was accepted into an Registered Nurse Program August 2012 and I will be starting my 2nd semester in the RN program on January 14th.

With my inactivity and long study hours and constant eating, I have gained 45 pounds which I have maintained for over a year now but not lost anything.

My husband also needs to lose about 60 pounds. Individually we are both tracking calories using My Fitness Pal and we found it is a good tool for us. He is a runner and has gotten back to hitting the treadmill regularly and tracking calories. Sadly, I am not much into fitness and have a hard time motivating myself to workout.

I am beginning slowly by using another App called 5K runner and today will be day one of that program. I have also decided for myself to slash a majority of carbs from my diet for a while and slowly add them back once some weight comes off.

I live in Minnesota and will be restricted to exercising within my home until spring as I do not do ice and snow well ... LOL

I wanted to jump in here right away but I see I am two pages behind. I look forward to learning about each of you and trying to stay caught up here in this thread. Thank you for the welcome on my introduction thread the other day ... it means the world to me.
nonswedewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

Just popped home for lunch - had a soy protein shake for breakfast, lunch was leftover crustless veggie pizza. Dinner - probably soup - it is REALLY cold here today!!

Re-entry after the holidays is so rough! - I'm already feeling the urge to drink wine tonight - LOL...my scale went down to 148 this morning (I'm hoping a few more pounds quickly come off) - - sounds like a 7 pound holiday gain isn't that unusual though - my work pants are really tight today - - (sigh) - - it's definitely motivating me to stay on track.

Well - back to work. Hope everyone has a great day!

Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

This is my first post. After lurking for a while I have decided its time to start the New Year off right, commit to losing the pesky twenty pounds, and get into better shape so my knees and hip ache less.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #30  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Heidi I count 15 minutes of elliptical time as a mile. It is pretty accurate according to my fitbit as well...gives me 2000 steps for each 15 minutes I work out.
Well, I thought about this while I was at the gym today... and according to the elliptical I was on for 30 minutes, I only went a mile. Really?? I'm not sure I believe that... because I'm in pretty good shape. But watching the mileage was irritating to me -- so, not the best challenge LOL

But it got me thinking. I think I will commit to exercising 250 days this year. That's a little less than 5x a week. And exercise can mean anything intentional, like getting out for a walk, or lifting weights, or doing cardio. Really, just a motivation to get out and do *something* 5 times a week. When I'm in the zone, I pretty much do that already, but this way I can keep it in the forefront of my mind.

Thanks for the idea!