Diabetes Support - January Chat

View Full Version : January Chat

Ruthxxx
01-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Happy New Year to us all! I hope we are all healthier by the end of 2013 and we will be if we keep on truckin'. :cheer:

Faced the scale this morning and saw 190 again, eight pounds more than last year. I think I somehow got shifted into reverse last year. The good news is a stable BGL but that will not last if the weight continues to pile up.

I'm aiming for healthier and more regular eating this year with more emphasis on veggies. I'll also continue at the gym three times a week, weather permitting. (Between the holidays and bad driving days, I've not made it to the gym since the Friday before Christmas.)

So away we go with a brand new year.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Butterfly50
01-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Happy New Year:carrot::carrot:

I hope everyone is having a wonderfull day . I will be cooking but it gonna be light baked chicken breast with collards and Field peas and Rice with Corn Bread. I will be watching what I eat. I will be logging what I eat.

Any one have a good way I can dissect my life and put it in line so I wont make the same mistakes again that I did before this has been on my mind for a long while.

fatmad
01-01-2013, 11:05 AM
thanks for the reminder about logging what we eat bonnie. I had an on plan but different breakfast, 5 leftover chicken wings, some carrots and celery with blue cheese dip, and two babybel cheeses. Gotta love atkins that this is basically on plan, though the carrots are pushing it a bit. Going to take the dog for a walk, and hope to see a movie later today.
Happy New Year friends.

Ruthxxx
01-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Fly-by this morning. All is well aside from an earache that comes and goes. The scale is up and I have reinstated my ticker to remind me. Off to the gym shortly. I am so glad Donna goes with me as it keeps us both going!

Butterfly50
01-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Good Morning things here are good have to make a trip to the grocery store today. Other then that FBS was 149 I know a little high but I had to have some field peas and Collards and with that came some corn bread. Had to make sure I have some luck and money and health this year.
I have so much to do I guess I better get to it. Will catch back with you all later.

fatmad
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM
good morning all. FBS 5.1 today, nice, but weight is up, I braved the scale, and am back where I started last January in the middle of the month when I joined ww. May go to the meeting tonight.
Bonnie, I tried to log my food yesterday, but the program wasn't working well.
Will try again today. Yoga at noon I think, I will be gentle with myself.
Good day everyone. Hope to hear from those who have been busy!

fatmad
01-02-2013, 07:35 PM
ok, I will admit, its a little scary tracking food and points on atkins, so meals just add up and up. But, here I am after supper, and I have 3 points left on the day still! and thats before touching the flex points, or the activity points.
So I guess I can do it. As always, i have to stick to it. I am such a sugar junkie, or in the absence of sugar, a splenda or sweets junkie. I know some people take a total holiday from it and cut it all out totally, maybe I have to do that.
Feeling better the last couple of days, since getting more active and eating better again.
Trish: I know you are always looking for the right way to eat for you, and I think its important we choose something we can do, but really, it probably doesn't matter which plan we use, as long as we stick it for a while. After a month, I will see where I am. I am promising to stick with atkins for a month. Period.
Thanks everyone

TappingPeony
01-02-2013, 11:37 PM
I have not been here in a while, but RuthXXX it is good to see a familiar person. It is nice to meet you fine ladies, and hopefully get some good moral support. I want to lose some substantial weight by my daughter's graduation in May, but some recent setbacks have put me way off of my game. I am gonna pat myself on the back, because over the holidays I gained NO weight. A good start to the new year, I think. So, here we go! And a Happy New Year to all of you.

Kathy

TappingPeony
01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
As usual, getting the weight tracker to change is a chore--I have redone it 6 times and it still won't load on my screen. :bomb:

Ruthxxx
01-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Welcome back, Peony. 2013 is OUR year. By the way I can see your ticker and you should too. Is it possible that you have your options set to NOT see tickers? Your ticker looks fine to me.

Woke at 4 this morning. What's with that? Weight is still up and FBGL is 6.0 after a fairly carb heavy day. Announcement: There are no longer any cheese ans phyllo pastries in my freezer. Gym went OK yesterday - it sure makes a big difference missing even a few sessions!

Lindyloo
01-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Good Morning. Back with you all again. New year, new start and hopefully I will be able to lose this weight for good this year.

Not sure what is up with this board, but I cannot keep logged in...I have to put in my user name and password each time. Also not getting notifications when someone posts. Ruth, maybe you know whats wrong??

Gained 10 lbs :o in the last while so am going to do strict Atkins, which will be good for the blood sugar as well. I also joined FatSecret to track my weight and food.

Have a great day.

fatmad
01-03-2013, 09:06 AM
welcome back Lindyloo, and welcome Kathy, or re-welcome as it were.
Down a couple of pounds today, will soon be back to ticker, remind me again why I can't stick to atkins when it works so well?
Off to the big city today, taking my daughter to a matinee performance of the wizard of oz and for lunch before that. Hope the curry I plan to eat is reasonably on plan. WIll also take some atkins snacks to ensure I don't go hungry on the drive home and pop into a fast food joint as a result.
One thing about downtown toronto, I just park my car and walk everywhere! I walk more there than anyplace else. In fact, most people I know who live there do more walking.
Will stick to plan ladies, inspite of dining with my dear skinny girl.

Butterfly50
01-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Hey how is everything with you guys. I have been good I woke up this morning and I my fbs was 120 that is better then what it has been. Other then that all is going well.

TappingPeony
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Ah, Ruth, the tracker is fine but I want to change the weight and I can't do it.

A fine morning, kids back to school, I got to read and no one pestered me unless the dog needed going out. Cold and frosty in So. KY. FBS 102mg/dl. Kept on my plan today. Starting to get some of the Christmas decorations put up. Glad that some others have joined us, welcome. Sounds like the honeymoon has begun!

I really need an exercise kick-in-the-butt, ladies. May will be here before I know it, hence the current goal I have set. I keep finding excuses not to get going with it. Makes it hard to meet a goal that way, though. Treadmill tomorrow, that's my goal, starting slow.

pattygirl63
01-04-2013, 01:31 AM
A quick flyby. Lots going on here. I decided DH can't wait until January 25th to get help for his neck and shoulder. So when I called the orthopedic for pain meds, I told her that he needs help now. I told her about the pain management appt and asked if she could help us get something done sooner. Thank God, she called the hospital and got him in as an outpatient to get his cortisone shot Monday morning. So he will get his 1st shot there and then we can switch everything over to the PM doc for him to do the other two.

:welcome2: to the Newbies. Glad to have you here.

We are still waiting for DD to get the dates to take her state board test to be licensed and then they will set a date for DSIL to come move them back to FL. I guess they finally got the message about money since I don't buy anything I don't have to. I still buy some ready made foods, but DH and I get more than one meal out of what I buy. So today, DGS told me that he will be living on campus and plans to work on campus so he probably won't be coming to spend the night, but he will probably come over to see us on Sundays even when he gets a car. So looks like some time in the near future things just might get back to normal. Everybody is getting along and so far so good.

I ended up with a 5 lb gain through the holidays, but already lost 2 of those. So I guess I'm okay with that. I better get to bed and will be back when I can. I always read even when I don't post.

fatmad
01-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi all: I did ok yesterday. Had a stir fry for lunch, no rice, but I think the sauce had a bit of sugar, though I didn't have much sauce, didn't mop it up or anything. The show was great, and the new songs added to the wizard of oz were great, although other live shows I have seen put the jitterbug back in (was taken out of the original) and this one added a weird dance I didn't enjoy as much. Dorothy was great, but the witch and toto of course steal the show. And yes, there were kids crying from fear. I remember being so scared of the flying monkeys. Must remember such things when I start taking kids to shows. It would sure be expensive if you wind up taking them home partway through a show like that! Anyhow, DD enjoyed her birthday gift of seeing the show, and I came home.
On the way a friend invited me out to supper, so I went, had a greek salad and lamb chops, (love greek food) so I stayed on plan for the day. Am pretty pleased overall. tonight going to another friend's place for fajitas, raclette and fondue. Will have to think about how to stay on plan there, I think I can manage dipping veggies in the fondue and still take part but be on plan. Key will be not giving in to dessert. The hostess is on ww so I hope we can stay reasonable.
I did walk yesterday, but otherwise not much exercise, so am thinking of taking the skis to the trail with the dog today.
I hope we all have a good day, heading into a lovely weekend.

Ruthxxx
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Seems strange to suddenly have Friday!

Bonnie, nice to see you back in here regularly. Remember to put yourself first the next while as you get back on the path.

Patty, sounds like things are moving to the bright side for you and DH. You are a woman of incredible patience!

TappingPeony, I sent a PM re fixing your ticker. Holler if it doesn't work.

Lindyloo, glad to see you back and can''t figure out why you need to log in each time. It's something to do with clearing cookies. Did you throw out a lot of baking?

Mad, Wizard is supposedly written for kids but I find some scary things in it for wee ones. The darned flying monkeys freak me out! Fondue should be manageable on Atkins. I love raclette!

Weight about the same but FBGL has come down to a more normal (for me) 4.3. Did my usual treadmill routine this morning at the gym and then decided that walking around the gym room quite quickly would also be a good thing. My PT agrees so I will be doing both, remembering to keep the speed up enough that it's aerobic. So far food has not been really good - ran late and skipped breakfast so had toast and PB at the diner with coffee after gym. Lunch will definitely be lower carb - omelet and salad, maybe? Supper will be chicken with some oven roasted veggies - cauliflower and broccoli. I have Book Club tonight but will not be sipping wine as I'm driver and will resist the Christmasy goodies.

Happy Friday and weekend, Chickies.

Butterfly50
01-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey Ladies Sorry for the crazy post yesturday The hubby came home and wanted me to go to the Dr with him. He pulled a muscle in his hip to lower back and was in a lot of pain so had to cut it short and not finish the post.

:wel3fc: To the Newbies glad to have you here.

Things going on for me right now is going good . Getting myself set up so I am fully back on track going out today to set up the garage so I can go out and do my workouts can't do them in my bedroom anymore cause I have got a new king size bed in my room I have no room left.

Feeling pretty good right now I have made it clear to my aunt that I can NOT go out and eat everyday and she is pretty ok with that We did stop at Chick filet the other day after 2 hrs in the walley world I sure didn't feel like cooking But I did get a grilled Chicken sandwich and I got Cole slaw instead of fries. Made me feel alot better Been back into checking my sugar levels too and they are good I have been checking my blood pressure too and it seems to be good.
I have to go back to the Dr on Sunday I talked to him about given me Tenuate so he gave me seven days and said to make sure it isn't affecting my blood pressure or sugar levels . He said I can only be on it for a few months so I am gonna take advantage of it and kick butt. The last time I was on it I lost 50 pounds.

Well I better be going I have lots to do and little time to get it done so Will be back later.

You all be safe and do the best you can today to stay on plan I know I am.

TappingPeony
01-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks Ruth, I will work on that tracker in a bit.

Ha, never saw my daughter move so fast this morning! Fell back to sleep and had literally 5 minutes to get ready for school because we had to leave early to pick up a friend.

Sticking to eating plan, FBS 98 mg/dl this morning. Hope that translates to the scale. Do we have a particular day we all weigh in?

Have a great day everyone!

Kathy

Jonjaxmom
01-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Happy New Year, everyone!

I gained a pound over the holidays, not too shabby!
So now 3 lbs away instead of 2. I can do this dammit!
will be setting up my next endocrynology appt on Monday, hopefully can
get me in before the end of the month. Really looking for solid numbers!

We all can do this everybody, just keep swimming!

TappingPeony
01-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Good job, Chris! And YES, you can!

treadmill: 18 minutes (12min at HR, 3 each warmup/cool down):yes:

Thanks ladies!

Kathy

fatmad
01-04-2013, 10:57 PM
wow, its so nice to see so many friends back to us after the holidays, makes for a fun check in. I didn't quite stick to plan at the fondue party. I dipped veggies, not bread, and started off ok. I DID have a bit of a chocolate cake. Its like crack to me. I left that part of the room to stay away, but did have a bit. So I told DH we had to leave a bit early, to get me out of there. That worked.
I did get out skiing for a bit today, a good start on a flat surface. May try a local trail tomorrow.
Back to normal eating then too!

fatmad
01-05-2013, 01:34 PM
argh, never thought to ask about citrus, as I was eating fondue, but apparently the recipe had lemon juice in it. I woke up about 530 am, face all itchy and swollen. Took some meds and came downstairs, watched a bit of tv, and fell asleep, have been sleepy all day so far, just dozing on the couch. DH just made me a nice salad and I had some left over lamb chops for lunch, so starting to feel human again. This kind of thing can set me back, so DH making the salad is a big boon to helping me stay on track.
Will go out for a walk or ski in a bit to really wake up.
Have a good saturday friends

Ruthxxx
01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Gosh, Mad, I didn't realize you were allergic to citrus. I hope your walk or ski puts you back to your normal self.

Book club last night was fun and I didn't have to drive! It was pretty miserable and Toni's DH who is a terrific guy insisted on driving us there and picking us up at ten. Of course that meant we could drink wine but I did resist most of the snackies and all of the baking. Woke up not hungry this morning and completely forgot breakfast before I went to the nursing home to do pet visits. Came home and had a toasted egg salad sandwich for lunch - yummy but more bread than I should be eating. Dinner tonight will be roasted veggies and either a chicken breast or a small minute steak.

Butterfly50
01-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Things here are going good I got a good 3 mile walk in thinking of going out side later and do a video all depends on what going on around here. I jest finished lunch had me a chicken sandwich witch I made myself and I was going to have some cole slaw but it tasted nasty .
All is going good around here I have to go see the Dr in the Am. Well I better be going I am dong some research on weight loss and diabetes jest to keep some fresh things in my head. I have been using spark people to log all my food and stuff they have alot of info on their. Considering on buying the app for my phone it is only 3.99 so that's no bad especially so I can log on the go. They even have it where you can scan a bar code and it gives you the nutrition info. At least from what I am hearing.
I will be back later !:carrot:

TappingPeony
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Good evening, everyone.

Everything went well today, except for the part about getting on the treadmill. But all of the Christmas decorations are down, except the creche since tomorrow is the feast of the 3 Kings. I guess that all of the up and down could have been all day toning!

I got on the scale and laughed at myself this morning. I couldn't figure how I had gained 2 lbs, but then I realized I forgot to take my BP meds and Lasix the day before. Sheesh, what a goof!:dizzy:

Well, tomorrow, exercise for sure.

Question: My husband is having trouble understanding his blood sugars after he exercises. Mine always go down, but his jump way up. It made sense to me when I thought it could be glucagon since he was going to exercise fasting. But it stopped making sense when he ate before he went exercising. So any ideas, other than "everyone is different"?

Hope you had a great day.

Kathy

fatmad
01-06-2013, 01:13 AM
hey everyone: after sleeping half the day I am awake still.
Yes Ruth: I have a pretty severe lemon allergy, just started a couple of years ago, and its a real pain. (so many things have lemon, many salad dressings, mayo, most juices, etc) I haven't had any citrus since figuring it out, so don't know for sure about oranges/limes/grapefruit etc. but its not worth it to find out.
Kathy, most of us have a blood sugar spike after exercise, as we release glucose to feed the muscles that are working. It may have to do with the level of exertion and personal insulin response. I stopped testing after exercise. In general, the exercise makes the insulin and glucose enter our cells more easily, and in the long term lowers blood sugars and insulin resistance, so its not a problem to have a temporary high, and doesn't give us any information that should change what we do.
BOnnie: hope the Dr appointment goes well.

DIdn't get much exercise today, and tomorrow I hope to go grocery shopping in Buffalo if I can get across the bridge at Fort Erie. Then on to see Dad for a couple of days. I should have internet access there, so will check in later.

Ruthxxx
01-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Good morning.

Today I am going to plan my week's food, do some shopping and some pre-cooking. My weight is still 191. :shrug: I suspect too much wine is causing it to stall and it could also be extra carbs. I know I'm not going to lose 20 pounds before I head for Cuba on the 17th but it'd be good to be down into the upper 80s again. I am trying to do treadmill on the days when I don't get to the gym. It's boring. The room is way too small for a TV but I have discovered I can read LARGE print books while treading!

Today I am going to take a fridge and freezer inventory and make a batch of super chicken soup and veggies to have during the week. it's soup weather around here for sure. I should start it now so it's ready when I come in from shoveling the decks so my poor short-legged dogs don't have to struggle.

Happy 12th day of Christmas!

fatmad
01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
fbs an ok 5.6 this am. weight is down 3 pounds from begininng of the week, in spite of my transgressions. Shufflin' off to Buffalo this am, then visit with Dad for a couple of days and help since he is having cataract surgery.
Ruth, make some good soups. I may do that when I get back.
Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Butterfly50
01-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Ruth Boy does that soup sound good I need to find me a good recipe that would work wonders for me Especially now since money is tight.

Went to my Dr apt today and he gave me thumbs up I lost 6 pounds so far this week. Mostly from cutting back on all the food I was eaten So he wants to see me back in two weeks to see how things are going. I will have to workout in the garage today cause we have rain for the day so can't take me a 3 mile walk like yesterday. I will jest have to get my Tv hooked up out their.

Other then that all is going ok I will check in later.

fatmad
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Have arrived and did good shopping in the US, my you have some nice products I just can't get here, but did not see any atkins frozen dinners. Will make my own. How do people freeze and reheat breakfast sandwich types of things with eggs etc.
Dad's place is a disorganized crowded disaster. Step one is to get rid of half of the furniture! I ate well at my auntie's she made a nice turkey casserole with squash and feta cheese so that was on plan for me. So no food issues today.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. BOnnie, have a good workout!

TappingPeony
01-07-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm with you Bonnie, I love soup! Soup and iced tea are 2 things I love all year round. Yummy!

Keeping myself on track went well this last week, thank you ladies for the support. I didn't get to do the treadmill as I had planned, but I did one of the Spark People exercise videos online instead, so I count that as a goal met. Blood sugars staying <105mg/dl, low 90's post exercise. Thanks for the answer fatmad. DH laughed and told me I was the oddball after I read him what you said. Guess I never asked anyone else before about that. Did read an article recently on the hormonal component in the 1st 3 years after a type II diagnosis and how erratic you sugar can be for almost no reason. Seems to fit my DH to a T.

Guess I will make Mondays my weigh in day, can't think of a better way to keep my weekend eating on plan. We'll see how that works for me for now.

Sleep well, everyone!

Kathy:)

Ruthxxx
01-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Good morning. :)

Today IS my official weigh-in day although I weigh every morning. I must have done something right over the weekend because I was able to change my ticker. I am quite sure the 3 pound drop overnight was losing water weight. I was determined to drink my eight glasses of water yesterday and did so!

Donna and I are off to the gym this morning and then I go to my quilting group. I remembered to make a lunch to take yesterday and made a 3-bean salad with colourful pepper cubes in it. Good carbs and Vitamin C.

Do something nice for yourself today!

Lindyloo
01-07-2013, 10:38 AM
A carb filled weekend.:( Too much wine and too many carbs, but I only gained 1/2 a lb.

Going to get on the treadmill in a bit and other that, just laundry to do today.

Soup sounds good. Maybe I'll look up a few recipes.

Have as great a day as your able to:)

Butterfly50
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I know I need to look for some good soup too Will have to do that when I have a min. Other then that all is good here..

fatmad
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Back is sore after moving out some of dad's furniture, but the place is starting to take shape now. Big improvements. I think he hasn't been here much and has been seeing his lady friend a lot because he couldn't move around here and felt overwhelmed by it all. So glad I am here to help. Supper out tonight, but I plan steak and salad so no worries. Tomorrow is the eye surgery, I will go home after supper tomorrow. More work to do here so personals another day.

Butterfly50
01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Jest finished doing a 60 minutes sweatin to the oldies with Richard Simmons . The best hour I spent all day may do some walk it out later on the wii I am not sure yet.

TappingPeony
01-07-2013, 11:10 PM
I was just ranting over on the other thread about this sub-optimal day, and Notre Dame is losing badly too. I am not understanding how with all I have accomplished this week, I could have not lost any weight and my blood sugar was inexplicably high this morning. Mix in one ill-tempered 14 yr old daughter this afternoon, and there you have it. I must have p***** off someone in my sleep. :mad:

Madeline, good luck to your dad tomorrow. Sorry for your allergies. My DH has some really severe food allergies, nearly died from a reaction to an avocado 27 yrs ago. To this day, I have to check everything I use because avocado oil is as ubiquitous as HFCS. I can literally kill him with the slightest touch of hand cream or shampoo. All citrus, carrots, apples, nitrates and the non-nutritive sweeteners are the other big offenders, though there are others. It makes eating difficult for him, especially at parties.

I promise me that I will exercise tomorrow.

Ruth, I am not good with water, mostly because I don't like drinking it. But that just means I should add it to my routine so I get better at drinking water. So, that is on my goal list this week. I will start this week with making sure I get at least 24oz water in everyday. We will see how it goes, but that is a lot of water for me. Baby steps!

I did have a lovely morning with my DH, he wasn't on call until the afternoon shift today. Got several things decided for the new house. Meeting with the builder tomorrow because DH will be off/post call. That is always interesting, depending how tired he is. Some days he is dead on his feet, others he is punch-drunk and as silly as I ever see him. Hoping for silly!

Have a great sleep, all. Hoping tomorrow is a lot less confusing than this day was.

:hug: Kathy

Ruthxxx
01-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Well, drinking water IS definitely helping with weightloss - another pound gone today. I had a liter (4 cups) bottle with me all day yesterday and managed to drink it during the day. I buy the flavoured and slightly spritzy stuff which seems to keep me drinking.

Took my bean salad lunch to quilting yesterday which was totally on-plan. However, since I'm a January birthday, they had a birthday pie and I had to eat a piece. It was absolutely terrible - an eggnog pie! I was polite and ate it, even asking for the recipe. It just did not seem right to refuse to eat it, especially when served with a candle.

Nothing official on my calendar today so I am going to work very hard at finishing up my de-decorating and will run the vacuum through. Of course, I have end of the year accounting stuff as well.

Happy Tuesday.

Sillymary
01-08-2013, 08:35 AM
hi, I'm am a type 2 diabetic on Levemir and I have been on IP for 13 days, and have lost a whopping 1 lb. Is it just harder for diabetics? Everyone else seems to lose 5-15 lbs. in the first two weeks. Does anyone know?

TappingPeony
01-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Mary,

It seems to be harder for me to lose. I am diet controlled, and my blood sugars are great, but not losing. Makes me nuts! But I am also hypothyroid, so even though I am on Synthroid, it never makes me lose weight either.

A friend of mine that is similar to you med/pump-wise went through a period of about 3 weeks where she gained then didn't lose. They told her that that was normal for some and that more efficient sufficient insulin makes more of what you eat available and your body is going What the Heck? and packs on some weight. Eventually, your body says I got this! Keep plugging, you have made a big change. And remember that insulin is a hormone, so it does what hormones do--weight gain. Hope your body goes into the I got this stage pretty soon. But we are all here, so keep us posted.

Getting a few things done and then it's on to the treadmill for me.

Have a great day, ladies!

Kathy

Sillymary
01-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Kathy,
Thank you so much for your reply! My FBS has improved over the last two weeks, going from over 100 to 80's. I was able to lower my insulin by two units (I am also on one oral medication).

Thank you for your encouragement, and I am so happy I found this support site!

I'll let you know if I lose anything.

Mary

TappingPeony
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Mary, you are so welcome! It gets so complicated sometimes. Right or wrong, just having someone answer you and let you know someone is out there struggling too is a huge morale booster. Do I sound like a cheerleader, or what?:carrot:

Kathy

TappingPeony
01-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Good evening, all!Hope you have had a great day.

I got my goals accomplished today. I had 3 glasses of water, I did my treadmill. Now what will that scale say in the morning?

I was a bit shocked when I did my blood sugar after the treadmill. It was 98mg/dl before breakfast, and 69mg/dl after treadmill. Good thing I did check it, because 10 minutes later I was doing the jumpy, jittery thing I usually do when I'm getting low, and we had that appointment to go to an hour later. So I had an extra snack and went on. I had a good breakfast too, about 1.5 hrs before exercising. Ha, the scale will probably laugh at me and say I gained.

Tomorrow is Tap Class, so I will have a fun evening ahead of me. There is a book calling my name before bed here, so I think I will go find it.

Have a good sleep, all!

:hug: Kathy

dorothyh
01-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Hello! I just found these forums and am happy to find a diet support forum specifically for those with diabetes. I was diagnosed last year and lost 16 lb by cutting out processed carbs, sugar, and 'the whites" (rice, potatoes, flour), then plateaued. Started the Shred diet 3 days ago, so far my fasting glucose levels are staying the same (which is good; I was expecting them to go up as it's a lot more carbs than I had been eating) I'm hoping this will jumpstart my weight loss again. I feel like right now if I can lose weight and get regular exercise, that's going to be my best shot at making those glucose numbers go down. My goal is to lose 50 lbs by the time I turn 50 (which is in 15 months)

Ruthxxx
01-09-2013, 06:34 AM
:wel3fc: Dorothy. Sounds like you have a good handle on your health, Setting a goal for 50 is a great idea. I guess I should do the same for 75!

Stuck to plan yesterday until evening when I found a stash of candies that I missed in my purge. They are now in the trash, minus a few. FBGL was fine today although weight is up just a smidge. We'll see where it is next Monday, my official weigh-in and ticker change day.

I'm having a bowl of pea soup for breakfast which should set me up for gym at 7:30.

TappingPeony
01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
:wave: Hi Dorothy.

:mad: I told you that scale was going to be laughing at me. And it's raining to boot. Sheesh!

Everything seems to be good this morning, including some sweet peace and quiet. Just me and the dog, and the laundry. Hope the day picks up it's mood, or it may be some heavy hoofing in class later.

Madeline, how's your dad doing?

Everyone have a good day. Check in later.

Kathy

TappingPeony
01-10-2013, 01:20 AM
How is everyone's evening going?

Had a great time at dance class, even had some newbies. She had some great album on from the Andrews Sisters and USO music. Was there a movie out that had that type of music in it? It was good. Blood sugar didn't drop so much today, 86mg/dl.

Actually got in 4 glasses of water today, probably because I was thirsty after class.

guess I'd better get to bed, I keep falling asleep

Kathy

Ruthxxx
01-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Dragging a bit this morning with just a hint of a cold. I'll pop some Cold FX and just get on with it. I have to go to the city for a 10 AM appointment with my periodontist and need to make a small shopping list for later.

BGL is up a wee bit this morning, probably from having ribs for dinner last night. Today will be more pure - just had a ww English muffin with Laughing Cow cheese. It was so good I almost don't want to clean my teeth.

Have a great day!

Butterfly50
01-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey Everyone How is it going with everyone today I have not tested in 2 days been so busy. Did not workout today my knees are killing me. I put my food in spark people and I seen I only ate 800 calories today so I had a double cheese burger I dont want to wake up feeling bad and I will . I hope to get out side and workout out tomorrow I have to take something tonight for my knees. I had the hubby last night put in my souround sound out side I couldnt hear the tv in the garage it is so big But will get it tomorrow. Better run bed is calling me.

Ruthxxx
01-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Well, I ended up having Chinese buffet yesterday after the periodontist - it was right beside the dog food store. Weight was up just one pound, not the usual three, this morning. Still fighting off a cold. I just have to get rid of it before I leave on holiday next Thursday! I did go to the gym this morning although I am feeling rather cruddy. I'm going to pamper myself a bit with clam chowder for lunch and an afternoon nap.

Lindyloo
01-11-2013, 12:27 PM
We must have had 5 million inches of snow yesterday, so I won't be going anywhere today...the roads are very bad...it's heading east Ruth and Mad, I hope it doesn't get to you.

I'll probably do some baking today. I bought the Wheat Belly cookbook the other day and some of the recipes sound really good.

and maybe get on the treadmill;)

Have a great day all.

Ruthxxx
01-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Weight bounced up again overnight! :( I guess the Chinese buffet is catching up although yesterday's carbs may have done it too. I just checked and I had four slices of bread and potato - over what I usually eat. I'll be more careful today. FBGL seems steady no matter what I've eaten.

pattygirl63
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Dropping by to say hello. A lot going on these days. DH got his 1st cortisone injection Monday and we have an appt with orthopedic next week. Still having pain so not sure how much it has helped as it is my understanding that it takes 2 or 3 of them before things get noticeably better so may have to have another one before we see any real improvement.

DD passed her state exam and is now a nurse. DGS evidently bought himself a car today as it was sitting in the drive when I got home from beauty salon. I guess the next thing is for them to move so everyone can go on with their lives. Don't have a date yet but I assume and hope by February we will be on our own again. I'm sure they are as ready as we are. I know I never liked being away from my hubby for any long periods of time.

I'm hanging in there. I'm spending time learning how I want to eat when they move so DH and I both can be healthier. Will be nice to have my exercise area back again. I am strictly an Intuitive Eater now. However, I've been in the process of learning what foods that I really do like. I've learned that I actually love fruit, veggies and some proteins. After doing lots of research on how to eat the way I like eating, I finally decieded to do my own modified version of paleo/primal. Since I don't understand the difference, I'm not sure which one I'm on. I always thought diabetics couldn't eat a lot of fruit, but I've learned that isn't true; at least not for me. Since I never was one for eating breakfast except for when dieting, I learned from 2 books that I read that I can eat a bowl of fruit for breakfast. I only eat fruit on an empty stomack. I like th e idea of combining foods such as eating veggies with protein or starchy carbs, but don't eat protein and starchy carbs together althought that isn't always possible for me. I'm also in the process of eating very little processed foods. This actually make healthy sense to me. The result is that I not only lost 2 lbs this week, but my fbs has been steadily coming back down at the same time. I am so thrilled to have both coming down at the same time. Weight loss will be slow, but it will be a healthy weight loss. As recommended in one of the books I read, I'm not going to set a goal weight at this time. I will just weigh once a week to see how things are going. The other nice thing is that I don't have to eat any thing unless I am hungry. I like that.

Although I haven't been checking in much, I seem to have become a lurker who reads everyday.

Have a nice weekend.

fatmad
01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi friends:
was away for a few days. I didn't overeat, but was off plan. so weight is back up. I don't know why, but am having a really off day. Feeling emotionally very fragile. I just have about 10 days of vacation left, and we had planned to go skiing at a nearby resort. With the rain and warm weather, this may not be possible. So it may be disappointment. All morning felt on the verge of tears. Went to yoga, then lunch with DD, was feeling a bit better, but am back to the low point again.
Have been eating on plan today. Lets hope the weight comes off again and I can get back on track physically and emotionally. Hope this is just a blip, its just a day after all.

pattygirl63
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Madeleine :hug:You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

pattygirl63
01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Finally found out tonight that I am eating a Modified form of Primal woe. It is Paleo that doesn't allow any dairy or fat especially saturated fats and even sweet potatoes. I finally have found a woe that I can live with.:carrot:

Butterfly50
01-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Hey how is everyone doing for me I am doing ok . I have been eating good but not working out . I must get on that today I need to workout daily I have to go back to the Dr in the end of the week I must show some weight loss to him.

Other then that I have been doing good jest busy my knee had been hurting a few days their so I spent my time reading witch I do alot of. Well I guess I better be going the hubby let me sleep in this morning so a little behind.

Hello to everyone I am sorry I have to cut it short will be back later..

Butterfly50
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Dropping by to say that I did a hour with Richard Simmons and then 2 hours of walk it out on the wii. Feeling pretty good.

pattygirl63
01-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Thought I would share an interestig thing this morning that explains very well EVERYTHING we've experienced with guests this past 18 months.

We had our dedication celebration in our brand new church building this mornig. DGS and his Mother came in to sit in sanctuary with a cup of coffee each. DGS left and then returned and told his Mother... "We can't have these in here". She refused to give hers up, but DGS left and threw his away. I suddenly understood her way of thinkig... SHE HAS NO RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY OR THEIR RULES. Now I understand why the children have no respect for authority or other peoples property. They are only followig their Mother's AND Step-father's examples.

They hope to move within a few weeks and we all will be ready.

Have a great week.

Ruthxxx
01-14-2013, 09:37 AM
That DOES explain a lot, Patty.

Sort of in limbo today about my trip to Cuba. Donna's sister had a major heart attack last night and, until we get some news, my trip may be cancelled - unless I decide to go myself.

Food has been good but scale is still stuck. Extra fibre and water is going to be on the menu today!

Butterfly50
01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Ruth I know what you are saying I have a few issues right now with our aunt over stuff like that too.

I woke this morning and My body is aching a little but other wise I am feeling good. Jest took my meds and Now waiting on time so I can eat have to wait at least 30 min or so. Doing pretty good here FBS was 111. I dont know why but I can never get it below 110 in the am . I have been keeping everything written down in a note book and I also log it on Spark people. I made their 5 ingrediant soup the other day and it was good only the next time I will have to spice it up some.

1 can of Beef or Chicken broth
1 can of fat free refried bean
1 can of low sodium black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of corn
jest put it in a pot and heat it up and done Serving size is like 1 cup

Very cheap to make too.

I have a few others I jest havnt tried them yet But I will here soon . Our weather is playing with us it is almost 80 here right now.
Have to run so I can get some things done will be back .

fatmad
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
hey all: ski trip is cancelled for sure. DH and I are gonna do some daytripping, and see what the weekend/next week brings for snow. Weight of course is still up. Mood still a bit low, but not so fragile. Don't know why I was so tearful.
Will also spend some time thinking about managing exercise and diet in a better way. The holidays are messing me up too much!
anyhow, no whining. have a good day friends.

TappingPeony
01-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I'll take over the whining for a bit. Blood sugars are great, doing my water (up to 4 glasses most days) but that is all that is going right. Up 4 lbs since I started, despite being good. Not a happy camper, to say the least. Thought I'd check in today and see what was going on. Sorry about your trip, Madeleine. Guess I will start over again, but I need a good attitude adjustment: it's not really helping me at the moment! Have a good rest of the day, all.

Kathy

pattygirl63
01-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Well, I'm so sorry we are all having weight issues etc. I am hoping when my house guests leave that things are going to be much better, easier and less stressful.

DSIL is flying in on the 26th and hopefully since he only will have 5 days off work, they will be out of here by the 28th. They are moving into a home that belongs to a son of the long time family friend of DSIL parents who performed DD & DSIL wedding. The house is for sale and must be continuously ready for real estate showing. They can live there for 6 weeks. Hum? Should be very interesting. Thank God that won't be my problem. It will be so nice to have my home back.

Ruthie So sorry about your trip.

Bonnie, Madeleine, Kathy and Everyone :wave:

Hope we all have a better day tomorrow.

TappingPeony
01-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Bonnie, the soup has most of the ingredients of my friend's Taco Soup that I dearly love. Hmmm, time to make some of that with our awful weather.

A better evening, with all things accomplished. It still amazes me how much my blood sugar drops after exercising, even with good snack on board. I did notice that I was over about 150 cal for the day.

We are waiting for the winter storm to hit, and I plan to stay off of my soapbox on the subject of winter weather here. I am hoping there is school in the morning. And I should get off in case the power goes out as it frequently does during these.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Kathy

Ruthxxx
01-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Weighed in at 190 this morning so I'm heading the right way.

Feeling much better as the Cuba trip is still on! Donna's sister is recovering and the other sisters insist Donna go on this trip. Whew! I didn't find out for sure until last night so today will be very busy. We are leaving very early tomorrow to drive to the Toronto Airport so I'll see you when I get back. It should be an interesting ten days. I'm not sure what the food will be but I'll avoid carbs and sugar as much as possible.

Hang in there ,Chickies

TappingPeony
01-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Have a great time Ruth.

TappingPeony
01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
How was everyone's day? Things went well today so I can't complain too much (just my sore thighs from a new exercise I did yesterday, but they felt better after tap class today) I hope things look better on the scale in the morning. Today, I had what I guess was a decent drop in my blood sugar during dance class, made me nauseous, dizzy and gave me a headache. At first I thought I was having a bout of my vertigo, til I got home. That is getting really annoying, especially since I make a point to have a snack with protein an hour before I exercise. I could understand it if I was on some medication, but I am not. Time for a doctor visit--probably is anyway for blood work for my thyroid and Vit D that is still out of whack. I need a new meter too, I think. It is my first and only one I have ever had and I like it alot, but you can no longer get the driver to upload results to the computer. My DH likes his little one, I like my One Touch Ultra Smart. There are so many new meters out there, and most have upload capability now (I bought that meter because at the time, it was the only one with upload capability). Guess I'm looking for opinions on a new meter.

Well, it's late so everyone have a great night and morning.

Kathy

pattygirl63
01-17-2013, 01:09 AM
Kathy Not sure if I ever welcomed you to our thread so let me say we are glad to have you here with us.

Bonnie I'll have to try your soup... sound great.

Ruthie Have a fun, safe and exciting trip.

I must share this about DD. Today we were playing with the baby and I told him "Come hug Nannie. You're going to move and I won't see get to see you". She was talking to the baby and said sadly "This didn't turn out like Mommy planned. I should have known it would be this way. But we must be thankful for Daddy". I think she did manipulate to get to move here, but she thought everyone would want to stay here. She never expected DSIL to do what he did and they would have to move back to FL. I can see that she really needs the degree she got to be a LP and in time she will be a RN as she is taking a online classes. I think she needs lots of prayer. I see lots of problems ahead, I just hope her marriage can survive it. It really helps to finally know this and I am so grateful that our relationship is good.

Ruthxxx
01-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Quickie check-in. Suitcase is packed and meds in the original containers are in my purse. I'll be sure to take them and am going to keep an eye on the FBGL which is running fine right now. There is a fitness centre at the resort which I just might try. Not sure about the food and will probably stick to the buffet although there are four other a la cart restaurants included. See you all when I get back in a week plus two days. I'll wave as we fly over the USA.

pattygirl63
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Quickie check-in. Suitcase is packed and meds in the original containers are in my purse. I'll be sure to take them and am going to keep an eye on the FBGL which is running fine right now. There is a fitness centre at the resort which I just might try. Not sure about the food and will probably stick to the buffet although there are four other a la cart restaurants included. See you all when I get back in a week plus two days. I'll wave as we fly over the USA.

That's me waving back at ya as you fly over SC. lol

fatmad
01-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Will be missing Ruth, hope she has perfect weather and a lot of fun.
My weight is still up, haven't been able to stay on plan, always some excuse.
Today's is that I had trouble sleeping last night. Finally, at 4 am, I had carbs, (a granola bar) and then slept a couple of hours. So far today am on plan. I hope to stay up until 830 pm or so, then sleep early and get back to normal sleep patterns. Lets home that works.
Have been walking daily, and I hope for more snow here, (no blizzards needed though) so I can x-country ski.
Trish: that must have been nice hearing that from DD, I suspect her DH is a bit of a problem, (all the firings and days sent home from work) and that she will be supporting the family a LOT. DOn't know how much he can contribute, given her has to support his other kids. Must be a stressful life.
Kathy: I used to have quite severe hypoglycemia at times, and do find the small frequent meals or the low carb eating are essential to preventing it. Many type 2 people had problems with hypos in the past, and may still have them even while we have the highs of type 2. (If I do a 3 hour post glucola blood sugar, its in my boots, even though the other levels are high and high-normals. )
Bonnie: keep trucking: and hope the diet planning goes ok inspite of auntie.

hello to everyone else: have a good Thursday

fatmad
01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning friends: weight is back down below 180 today after a day on plan, and eating on plan so far today, although temptation is there.
younger DD coming for the day, planning for a trail walk with her.
Slept well and long last night, but still tired a bit, but will resist napping today so I can have a good sleep tonight, although caffeine intake later in the day seems to be the biggest culprit with insomnia for me.

SO happy Friday everyone, hope the weekend brings good things to you.

Butterfly50
01-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey all Doing good here will post on sunday the loss only a few pounds. Doctor put me on tenuate to keep the craving down but I think I need to come off it I have had a lot of Nausea and Queezy feeling a few hours after I take it.

Well I spent my morning here at the School raising Kane their . Their is a young man who has been taken a lighter and trying to burn my daughter and I find out only when she came in yesterday screaming her head off and crying . She said he has been taking a pencil and heating up the metal Piece by the top of the eraser and get it hot and throws it at her and then he take cologne and sprays it and is trying to light it up on a bus full of children. He has taken the lighter and come towards her with the flame in her face . They are pulling the video and seeing what is going on and they will let me know what is going on today.

Other then that I am jest busy doing the daily things it is cold again here and I have skipped a few workouts because of the nausea and stuff. I pretty much figured that I must do this myself and I need to keep loosing weight for my benefit I need this.I am the one who controls what goes in and I must keep a tight rope on it.

Hope all is well will get back later.

TappingPeony
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh, my gosh, Butterfly. What a horrible thing that you and your daughter are going through! No one should be subject to such things. Will pray for you, and hope it gets resolved soon.

Good for you Madeleine! Keep it up!

I lost some of those nasty lbs and when I lose 2 more, I will be back to ground zero. Have gotten all my water in, did my exercises today, ate well, and blood sugar is good. Going into the weekend on a positive note!

Kinda quiet here tonight. DD is on a church retreat. DH is on his way to bed--he gets up at 4am to exercise before having to be at work between 5:30 and 6am. Not this chickie! Not a morning person! and certainly not to exercise--yuck. So the dog and I are going to hang out, I guess. DD also has a 3 day weekend for the MLK holiday. She will probably need it to recover from the retreat.

Everyone have a good weekend. Hopefully I will catch you tomorrow.

Kathy

Wannabehealthy
01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Bonnie - I am sorry to hear what your daughter is going through. Kids are nuts anymore. I'm so glad mine are grown, but I worry about my grandson. He is starting to become the bully of preschool, and I have no idea where that's coming from. He is not exposed to anyone who would put that idea into his head. Most kids pick up bad behavior from other kids are school, but he is the one bringing it to school. This week, my DH told him to put his fork in the sink and he came over to DH and stuck the fork into his arm and said "I'm going to hurt you." Believe me, when not in school he is only around family, and no one in the family would be giving him ideas like this. He's only 4.

Your soup sounds good. I love beans but my DH doesn't so if I make it, it's going to be for me, only. I copied it to my recipe file for future reference.

fatmad
01-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Good morning friends. Weight is down again as I stick to plan. Including eating some chocolate for the dessert I made last night. We are going to dinner with friends, and they usually buy a great pie from a local bakery for dessert. I knew I wouldn't be able to resist, so I offered to make the dessert. Found a recipe for a low carb chocolate mousse online and made that. Very rich and delish. (of course I had to taste the new recipe before taking it there tonight!)
So that was nice to know, I could indulge in it and still stay on plan. (very complicated recipe, sure won't be making it regularly.)

Bonnie: I am glad you are there for your daughter. I hope the school has a "no bullying" policy. Barbara Coloroso has a great book about bullying too. (SIMN11, also discusses how to help a child becoming a bully) Stand by her no matter what, including insisting he change schools or the board paying for bussing for her to change schools if she wants and that is the best solution.
As someone who was a bullied child, I can tell you that its a hard one to handle. She can be empowered by helping make the solutions and the choices about which solutions work for her. Good luck with it all. This young man sounds like a very troubled boy, I hope he gets the help he needs too.

Kathy: have a nice quiet weekend. this is a holiday weekend for you? Presidents day?

We finally got more snow, so will try skiing on the trail today with the dog. Have a good day everyone.

Butterfly50
01-19-2013, 09:54 AM
all is good here hubby went out last night and got some tacos had a little to much but not like I do that everyday.

Got a call from the principal before school ended and said he didn't see anything on video . My daughter was like Duh when the bus is off the video dont record . He does this sitting at the school waiting for the bus to load. He showed her the video and she pointed everyone out she also said he was looking at the wrong man. But he told asked her a bunch more question and called two of her friends in and one said he didnt see anything. The other one told him everything and then some. So he called the young man in and he confessed but this principal is saying he needs the video for 100% proof. He will rewatch it monday and then he will handle it on tuesday but he told this young man he is to have nothing more to do with my daughter. This boy has some mental heath issues I believe that he has a 504 plan the Principal had made several commets towards his status at school..

All will work out.. Hope all is going well Will check back in later.

fatmad
01-20-2013, 11:11 AM
hi all: stayed on plan at dinner party last evening. So feeling good this am.
Lots of squalling snow, so gonna stay in with a fire burning, will just play with the dog in the yard a bit.
Otherwise things are quiet here.

BOnnie: I don't know what the principal is playing with, a witness and a confession, and he wants video evidence? that is not right, and doesn't protect your daughter fully. I would insist on proper protection for her, no matter what. She has to be safe to be able to learn.

Happy Sunday friends

Butterfly50
01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
mad I know Thats what I say too . He is supposed to be calling me Tuesday and I am gonna see whats up.

I lost 2 pounds this week not too good . Dang people bought in Krispy cream doughnuts in last night. Getting ready to go work out and see how things go. I must work out on a daily bases. I made another soup last night oh boy did it taste good I added some extra stuff Like celery and more onion. It was supposed to be Taco soup but turned more out to be a chili. But it was wonderful.I jest didn't spice it up like they wanted me too.Gonna run and work out till later..

pattygirl63
01-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Madeliene Great job staying on plan. Hope you are feeling better.

Bonnie My first reaction to you post about your daughter and the principals handling of it is the same as Mads. With all the things we have see in this country with Newtown and others, I would think he would take this much more seriously. You know people make such a big deal about gun control and seem to forget that anything can become a weapon... even a lighter. As a mother of daughter who was a burn victim in an accident, I can assure you that it was no fun or a picnic for her or me. I would insist that my daughter be given some sort of protection. I would definitely find a way to keep her from this boy. Prayers coming your way.:hug:

OH yes Bonnie... CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb loss. Don't beat yourself up for eatig the Krispy creme... I've decided that we would do better if we would expect ourselves to do 80 to 90% OP and 10 to 20% for times when we will eat things that are off. I do better if I don't have to deal with guilt which sets me up for other things even binges.

I am doing so much better doing Intuitive Eating. My fbs is steadily coming back down although not normal yet. However, my weight is at a stand still but I'm sure it will begin to move downward if I keep doing what I'm doing. I eat what I call good healthy foods at least 80% of the time and allow myself what IE calls "play foods" at the most 20%. I have found that eating some of the carbs that I thought that I could not eat actually causes my fbs to drop rather than go up. It seems that I need to eat more "balanced" meals than low carb or lowfat etc. It has taken me a long time to find the "way" to eat that works for me and I am so very thankful.

Have a super Sunday chickies.

fatmad
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
GOod morning friends. Had a day of sloth yesterday, but ate on plan, but weight is up a tad, still under 180 though. Will change the ticker when I go back to work on Thursday if I am not down by then.
Stayed inside yesterday because of the cold, wind and snow. We were told snow squalls for our area, but instead got a mini blizzard. and Thundersnow.
Today is still quite cold and with a wind chill warning. We expect a bit more snow.

Am working on getting back to a normal sleep pattern so I can get up and be back to normal working hours by next week at this time. I start back to work Thursday afternoon, but won't have scheduled visits til Monday, so still have some time to get back to normal. Was pleased to be up by 830 this morning with no alarm.

May just ski in the back yard, but still not feeling like I am "in shape" again after the illness before the holidays, and how sedentary I have been since then. Time to get off the couch! :)

Hope everyone else has a good Monday, this is apparently "blue Monday" when the short days, debts from the holidays as the credit card bills roll in, and it being Monday gets us down. For my part, feel fine as I didn't overextend the credit, and otherwise feel fine. Maybe it is eating well and on plan.

I booked a repeat sleep study for me and my cpap on Wednesday evening, just a check to make sure the pressures are right for me.

BOnnie, good luck with principal tomorrow.
Helloes to everyone else, have a good day.

Sillymary
01-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi, I just want to check in with everyone. Since my last post on 1/8 to get some encouragement, I have had two weigh-ins, and I lost 4 lbs. the first time, but lost only .5 lb. this past Saturday. It's discouraging since I have been following the diet fairly closely and has dropped a few units on the Levemir.

I broke my ankle beginning of last November, which has prevented me from getting any exercise. I'm just starting physical therapy. Hopefully I'll be able to exercise soon.

I am on week 4 and having trouble getting into ketosis, which I think has to do with the insulin.

I want to thank this community for being there and I enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Mary

Butterfly50
01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Things are good here I have been on plan all day now I jest finished doing a hour with Richard Simmons and feeling pretty good right now. I signed up for the biggest loser web site last night Cant ever have enough support. Its pretty cool so I will be bouncing back and fourth. I hope all is having a good day.

fatmad
01-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Just an FYI friends:
Today I made the muffin-in-a-minute recipe, but tripled it and microwaved it in a square tupperware rock+serve dish, so it is more loaf shaped, for toasting.
I was frustrated with the round shape of the mugs, and almost always make more than one, its a pain and too many ingredients to make just one.
Worked well, but need 2.5 min to cook if anyone wants to try it.

Mary: don't get too discouraged, if you have lost 2 pounds each time you would think you were doing well. Good luck, and hope you get into ketosis.

Have fun Bonnie, hope they give healthy advice and support, I don't think they do for the contestants who are trying to to make big losses to stay on the show.

pattygirl63
01-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Just an FYI friends:
Today I made the muffin-in-a-minute recipe, but tripled it and microwaved it in a square tupperware rock+serve dish, so it is more loaf shaped, for toasting.
I was frustrated with the round shape of the mugs, and almost always make more than one, its a pain and too many ingredients to make just one.
Worked well, but need 2.5 min to cook if anyone wants to try it.

Mary: don't get too discouraged, if you have lost 2 pounds each time you would think you were doing well. Good luck, and hope you get into ketosis.

Have fun Bonnie, hope they give healthy advice and support, I don't think they do for the contestants who are trying to to make big losses to stay on the show.

I love the muffin-in-a-minute. I will definitely try making a triple batch. Thanks for sharing.

fatmad
01-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Good morning all: weight is up again.
The last two days I had an atkins breakfast bar for breakfast, and although I know they aren't the best to have, I woke up too hungry for words and this got me through. But apparently not so good, though I was on plan all day.
Last night I made a custard for breakfast today, and more later in the week.
Was frustrating because I did so well yesterday, had a little ski on the trail with the dog, AND went to a 90 minute hot yoga class, very intense and aerobic, it was a flow class, so constant movement.
Plan for today is another little ski, and maybe yoga this evening, but not sure of that. May wait until tomorrow for yoga.

Also a little confused with my bs meter, was over 6 last 2 days, and although I know it measures a bit high at lower levels, I am usually in the 5's
Plan to have blood work done Friday am, I have a new student starting on Thursday and will give her some practice then, before I let her at the clients.

Hope you all have a good day too.

pattygirl63
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
A quick flyby. A lot going on with the kids moving a week from today. I'm cleaning some as I can. We go tomorrow to meet the surgeon who will do DH neck surgery. Hope we will be able to do it by the end of this month or the 1st of next. DD looked him up and he is the best in his field. So that is a plus. I learned Saturday that this doctor has done neck and back surgeries for several people in our church and they said he is the best. So that gives me peace of mind. Will check back tomorrow.

Have a good day.

Wannabehealthy
01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Bonnie - IMO it is more than just giving your daughter protection. This child should have received a suspension for bringing a lighter to school and using it in the way he did. He could have caught someones hair or clothing on fire. He could also have been given bus suspension, and the parents would be responsible for getting him to and from school.

Trish - Hope you husband's surgery goes well.

Sillymary - So many things can effect weight loss. As long as it went in a downward direction you are doing good!

pattygirl63
01-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Met the surgeon today. Excellent doctor. Very impressed and pleased with him. Now we are waiting to see our Primary for clearing us for the surgery and getting on Lovenox. He has to be off of his Coumadin for 7 days before surgery of which Lovenox (spelling is wrong I'm sure) will be taken for 5 of those days and 2 with nothing. Then surgeon says they will put him back on Lovenox and start his coumadin the day after surgery. He said they will also put a small tube in for drainage so he can go home the day after surgery. Things sure have changed. I read online and heard that recovery is like 6 weeks or more. Surgeon says he can drive 2 days after and recovery is 2 weeks and no neck brace. They want him moving his head as soon as possible.

Well, I finally lost a lb. Hope that starts getting better too.

Bonnie What happened with your daughter?

Hope everyone is doing.

fatmad
01-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning all. I had bad insomnia Tuesday night, slept just 5 hours at most. Then last night was the sleep lab, another 5 hour night. Blah.
I didn't nap yesterday, hoping I would get to sleep a bit earlier last night for the lab tests, but no help there, but was able to get to sleep a little after midnight instead of 3 am.
Didn't weigh today, was out for supper last night, birthday supper for a beloved 2 year old Lilia, such a happy girl, who requested sushi for her birthday supper.
So last night was fairly carby and salty (from the soya sauce) and I will avoid weighting for a day or two until I have cleared it out. There carby times can knock me off easily, so must be sure to be low carb today and avoid temptation.
I start back to work today, on call tonight, but hoping for a quiet few days to catch up on sleep.
I have been skiing on our property and getting exercise that way, quite successfully. Am happy that I am doing a little something everyday.

Happy Thursday friends.
BOnnie, how was the meeting with the principal? hope it was good.
(trish, look back over bonnie's previous post about this)

pattygirl63
01-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I just typed a long post and lost it and I'm too tired to do it again. I had to get up a early to call to get someone to come fix the heat and was blessed to get it fixed today since it is going to 21 degrees tonight. May get some snow tomorrow but I don't think it will be much.

Primary okayed Tony for his surgery so now we are just waiting for a call giving us the day and time. Primary doc gave us prescription for the Lovenox. Blessing there is he discovered a generic for it which means that 2 shots a day for 3 days and then I think we are doing a shot a day for 5 to 10 or until INR reading is like it should cost what we payed for 5 days of the name brand a few weeks ago. Thank God for Generics. His nurse was calling the surgeons nurse to fax her the instructions for the way he wants the surgeon to do the shots and blood thinner when DH is in the hospital the day after the surgery. With the switching around they are doing it is possible for us to have the shot done sometime this next week. And the kids will pull out of here going back to FL Monday or Tuesday.

Headache is coming back so I'm going to take some meds and go to bed.

Madeleine I hope you got the help you needed from the Sleep Lab and get over your insomnia so you an really rest. You would think that exercise would cause you to sleep but I know it doesn't always work.

Hope Ruthie is having a super good time.

Wannabehealthy
01-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Today is Rie's birthday. I guess no one has heard from her. I hope she's OK.

Carol

pattygirl63
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
No, SLMN, no one has heard from her. I think Ruthie as a moderator was able to try to contact her, but still never heard from her. I hope she is okay and that she has a great birthday. She sure is missed.

fatmad
01-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi friends;
Slept about 5 hours at the sleep clinic, it was good quality, but not quite enough. It was just a retest for the cpap, make sure the pressures are right for my current needs etc. won't likely help with the insomnia. Thats just life. Its not as frequent or as bad as it used to be.

had a full day back to work yesterday, so was tired and slept well last night, and quite full day again today. stayed on plan all week except the sushi dinner for Lilia's birthday on wednesday night, and weight is dropping slowly back to normal. Have managed not to go with any carb cravings to get off track after that carby supper. Even tonight, I made chicken alfredo for supper, DH had spaghetti with his, but I used cauliflower "rice" to have with the sauce. So we all happy.

Still feeling a little disoriented at work as I go back. I am more sure than ever that I have been getting over Mono or something like it since that illness in December, the long busy days are really taking a lot out of me, and usually I thrive in that environment.
Anyhow.

Trish, glad things are getting set for DH, and soon the two of you will have the house back. Life will be good then.
Rie: if you are lurking, happy birthday, and hope your knees are doing ok.
Hellos to Carol and Bonnie and all.

pattygirl63
01-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Earliest date for surgery is Feb 18, but thank God for Pain Managment doctors. Never felt I should cancel that appointment although it took us almost 2 months to get in to see him. Turns out as he told DH, "You don't have to tell me what you are feeling because I was you 2 months ago". He was very concerned about DH pain and put him on a medicinal regiment that not only help him with the pain now, but should also help him with recovery pain. Tony also has lower back pain and he will take over Tony's treatment for that too once we are over this. So that worked out great.

Found out today that DD and family will leave for FL Tuesday. The oldest DGD has to have a physical which is done free by a clinic through the school so she has a 9 am appt Tuesday and they will leave from there. We are trying to make their move as good as possible. Little things still occur, but DH and I feel it is only for a few days so let it go. So that is what we are doing.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Butterfly50
01-25-2013, 11:24 PM
sorry Guys have been a little busy . Well Principal called and he said he found the evidence and that a meeting was called with his Principal I guess each grade has its own and his mother and he has been kicked off the bus for a while and that if she has any more problems please call him he gave me his personal Line to his office.

I had to take the girls to the Asthma and Allergy Doctor well my Oldest is doing good he had to change her inhaler but my youngest the same one with this bus situation was diagnosed with Dermographism It is where if she gets scratched she gets a whelp where she was scratched and the skins around it turns red. this explains alot she cant take a shower with out cumming out with whelps on her and she has had some whelps on her from jest doing normal things everyday. They have gave her Zyrtec she has to take it everyday to keep it at bay.

Other then that I am doing good I had to take off one of my rings tonight it is so loose I am scared I will loose it. But it is getting late so I better be getting to bed Be back tomorrow...

Happy Birthday Rie I hope your doing well.

Everyone else I hope all is well with you guys too.

Ruthxxx
01-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Good morning, Girlies! I'm back from Cuba and only gained 1.6 pounds after a week of eating, drinking and lying around the pool in the shade. It was a great holiday and I feel pretty relaxed and rested. Now to get back on track - after the weekend is over since I have a couple of dates involving food and wine. FBGL stayed well within my normal range despite all the indulgences.

By the way, I did attempt to contact Rie via her registration email but did not get a response. She last posted Nov. 2 in Golden Girls but was back online for a bit on January 10. I'll send her a PM.

Gotta get unpacked, start laundry, make a grocery list and then go pick up my darlings at the kennel. It's just 0F right now so they will not be getting a bath before they come home - maybe later.

Happy weekend, Chickies

Wannabehealthy
01-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Bonnie - I'm glad that the boy was kicked off the bus. Once his parents have to be inconvienienced in getting him to and from school they might knuckle down on him and get his behavior in line. I hope this works and your daughter is safe through the rest of the school year.

Butterfly50
01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
How is it going? all here is Ok I still havn't gotten up to workout it is cold here the next few days are going to be warmer and hopefully I can get out their when it is this cold my legs hurt like crazy.
The stress in this house is crazy and I am about to explode on someone. So my 18 year old has been up sick last night and my aunt has decided that she needed to go to her daughters house to watch the baby But it really makes me mad cause when the baby is sick they bring her here for us to take care of with out a second thought. I swear my aunt and her daughter has decided that it is pick on my daughter month I am about to scream they are making me so crazy.
Believe me I blew up yesterday cause every time I go to wash cloths some one comes in and take my clothes from the washer or dryer and puts their in and I never get the washer or dryer back for hours. I am so sorry for venting to you guys but as I said I am about to explode here.

I hope all of you are having a better time then me Oh by the way I lost 2 pounds last week......

Ruthxxx
01-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Bonnie, I can feel you simmering away and will listen southward for the big explosion. Who is taking you clothes out? Neighbours? Your family? Any idea how much longer you will be dealing with your Aunt? Good work on the two pounds. I know it's not easy.

I went back to the gym today and was able to work just as hard as before my Cuba holiday so I am hoping the wee bit I gained goes fast and takes its friends with it.

Wannabehealthy
01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Ruthie - I'm glad to hear that you can tell that Rie was online on Jan 10. That makes me feel a lot better. I hope she responds to your PM.

pattygirl63
01-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Sooooo sore yesterday and today. Kids left for FL yesterday and we helped move things back into place or like we want it. Bonnie Got my space back in living room to do my exercises. Will take me a while to get back to Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies, but hope to get back Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile dvd in a few days. Talk about exercise... exercise would be easier. Spent yesterday afternoon and evening washing clothes I had put off doing till they left. I swept and mopped my laundry room, kitchen and dining room working to get things clean again. So nice to be able to use my washer and dryer without begging someone to take their stuff out. Being a person who likes things organized... I had told them originally that I would wash on Mondays and Fridays. That way they could have all the other days. Well that didn't work. So Bonnie, I can't tell you how to make certain things work with your laundry because EVERYONE had to co-operate and I found THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE who doesn't. Hope you can get things worked out. Some things are just because they are young and don't think and some people just don't work well with rules or getting things organized.

Was sad to see them go but glad they we will all be able to go back to our own lives and way of doing things. Always tried to tell DGD that everyone does things different. I think youngest doesn't realize it but she will become just like me. I heard her fussing at older sis about how she folded something and I told her it wasn't wrong, it just may be different from the way she would do it.

I always wondered why they had a dog that they never kept clean. DGDs said to me one day "You don't like dogs do you Nannie?" I told them I love dogs and I've had many dogs and other pets in my life, but I never had a dog that stunk for very long because I kept them bathed and clean. I took care of my pets. I love aquariums with beautiful fish but it isn't practical for me because I'm always cleaning it out. I don't like stinking animals on my furniture. I just think having a pet and not taking good care of them is cruelty. I think it just went over their heads.

Have some running to do. DH and my 10 yr anniversary was Sunday and we decided to go to our "special" place for steak. We only go for steak for special occasions. So we are going to O'Charlies for a late afternoon lunch. I hope he will feel like going to Walmart as I have a couple of things I want to get but need his help with. All part of getting things organized.

BBL

Ruthxxx
01-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Trish, being sore from activities is sometimes a good sore. I am sure you are enjoying putting your life back together. You earned many stars in your crown the past year.

It's the end of January and my weight is exactly the same as it was January 1. I guess it could be worse after my week in Cuba but I am still a bit annoyed. One more day to budge it. I am very thankful that my BGL has been stable though. I really hit the treadmill at the gym yesterday and did a mile at 3.5 mph and was not gasping for breath. My broken toe is healing but I still cannot get down on the floor to exercise. Maybe next week.

Off to get my eyes tested this morning and will pick up some greens while I'm there. We're heading into a below normal patch and I need to keep up with salads rather than eating too much comfort food which is always carby!

Wannabehealthy
01-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Bonnie - I remember when I lived in an apartment building that had a community laundry facility. You had to be very diligent to keep running down to the laundry room to be sure no one was removing your clothes. One time a pair of my pants actually disappeared. I tried to watch to see if I saw anyone from the building wearing them, but I didn't. LOL And I liked those pants!