Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 1/1/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 1/1/2013

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 02:11 AM
:newyear:
:welcome:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

fitgirl2012
01-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Happy New Year!! Here's to wishing everyone a happy, healthy 2013!!!

newlady
01-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Need help starting over stayed 100 percent IP until Thanksgiving on off on off. I have had to deal with a daughter with drug addition for the last few weeks and been scared out of my mind. Never thought I would have to deal with anything likes this in a million years. Only God can help her now. Made me realize we deal with it when it comes to food. I'm a person who uses food like a drug. I do not need a tongue bastion I need advice how to get back 100 percent. Not using a coach ordering from plain protein. Thanks for any help.

MonicaKolesnik
01-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Newlady- I would say you have taken that first step buy understanding your unhealthy relationship with food. I am not going to try to pretend I know what you are going thru with your daughter and how hard and stressful it must be, all I can say is food is not going to fix that problem. You have already lost 41lbs with 24lbs more to go so my guess is you know what to do protocol wise, hopefully our support can help you stay OP.

Cadu
01-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Need help starting over stayed 100 percent IP until Thanksgiving on off on off. I have had to deal with a daughter with drug addition for the last few weeks and been scared out of my mind. Never thought I would have to deal with anything likes this in a million years. Only God can help her now. Made me realize we deal with it when it comes to food. I'm a person who uses food like a drug. I do not need a tongue bastion I need advice how to get back 100 percent. Not using a coach ordering from plain protein. Thanks for any help.

Newlady
Welcome back. I too had lost my way and relapsed from my food addiction because of life events. I have been back for almost a week and I am so glad I made the desicion to come back. You know what to do, just do it. It's a New Year, Its a New start, We are here for you. Good luck!

WebRover
01-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Commenting on posts from yesterday about yellow summer squash.

I get that yellow zuchinni is ok, but what about what used to be called crookneck squash or summer squash. It's nutrition numbers are very similar to zuchinni, but I would interpret the sheet as not allowing it.

Yellow zuchinni:
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_fVoG1bNHeXDbH7fRemt1C7LZQs5O_ rhvIxQXBy5Ho6dHJuttFw

Crookneck or summer squash:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuU4HUGETcSxCWBj_J3RhxLc8_ua2-NnigKQKGmmAOb7J8fBn1Eg

Willi
01-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Newlady- I would say you have taken that first step buy understanding your unhealthy relationship with food. I am not going to try to pretend I know what you are going thru with your daughter and how hard and stressful it must be, all I can say is food is not going to fix that problem. You have already lost 41lbs with 24lbs more to go so my guess is you know what to do protocol wise, hopefully our support can help you stay OP.

Well said Monica, I agree. Welcome back Newlady.:D

You must be a wonderful nurse Monica; you are always thougtful and loving in your comments. Love the flowers hubbie gave you, how sweet!

AAAMom
01-01-2013, 09:10 AM

You must be a wonderful nurse Monica; you are always thougtful and loving in your comments. Love the flowers hubbie gave you, how sweet!

Although I am new, I agree! Newlady thoughts and prayers are with you.

On a side note, I attended two parties last night, chatted, drank my Pellegrino and made it home without eating a morsel or touching alcohol!
Woo hoo!!!!!:newyear::cp::cp:

kileymed13
01-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Happy New Year!!! I didn't even try to stay awake to welcome in the new year. Here is to a great 2013...

newlady
01-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Newlady- I would say you have taken that first step buy understanding your unhealthy relationship with food. I am not going to try to pretend I know what you are going thru with your daughter and how hard and stressful it must be, all I can say is food is not going to fix that problem. You have already lost 41lbs with 24lbs more to go so my guess is you know what to do protocol wise, hopefully our support can help you stay OP. Thank and you are right and I have to begin and brush off the failure I fill. Everyone thank you I know the support I get here will carry me threw. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

GeauxTigers82
01-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Happy 2013, everyone!

I restarted IP on Saturday...this time with my husband. We both want to lose 35 pounds. We have our motivations. Him for his military PT test and me for our beach vacation in June.

I am finding it easy and exciting this time, but I worry about when I go back to work. I am a teacher and I need convenience. It's much more convenient to be OP at home with my kitchen than at school. So, I am starting to stress a little.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great OP day :)

scorbett1103
01-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Commenting on posts from yesterday about yellow summer squash.

I get that yellow zuchinni is ok, but what about what used to be called crookneck squash or summer squash. It's nutrition numbers are very similar to zuchinni, but I would interpret the sheet as not allowing it.

Yellow zuchinni:
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_fVoG1bNHeXDbH7fRemt1C7LZQs5O_ rhvIxQXBy5Ho6dHJuttFw

Crookneck or summer squash:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuU4HUGETcSxCWBj_J3RhxLc8_ua2-NnigKQKGmmAOb7J8fBn1Eg

When they referred to yellow squash in yesterday's thread they were talking about crookneck/summer squash. Those are fine to have on phase 1. The ones on the "no" list are winter squash, which have much higher carbs than the summer variety.

On a side note, I attended two parties last night, chatted, drank my Pellegrino and made it home without eating a morsel or touching alcohol!

Congrats for ringing in the new year OP!!

New Englander
01-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Hello, Happy New Year. Oh dear...I have a serious reboot to do...I'm to embarrassed to post what I'm at right now...as I begin to lose it I'll admit to it. :( Very pathetic...But, it is what it is and I'm strong enough to get back on track and lose it (again).

I know I'm in good company and you'll all help with your experiences and words of wisdom! Tx!

Lizzy63
01-01-2013, 10:54 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter - that's really rough. My experience says that she's the only one who can beat this - with your support, of course - but she has to want it. Maybe you can set a positive example by overcoming your food addiction.

You're in the right place - you won't find better support for your weight loss than here!

I will be thinking of both of you.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-01-2013, 10:56 AM
You can do it Maggie!!!

Chancica
01-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I'm a new member here and so I've still got lots to learn about this site and the lingo. I just wanted to say that it feels refreshing to be able to connect with people who are on the same journey as I am. Here's to a great year :)

MonicaKolesnik
01-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Thank you so much Willi, I think we are all here for the mutual support, understanding and information we need ourselves to be successful in our weightloss. :hug:

That must have felt great after being committed to your plan. Someone once said the food and drink does not taste nearly as good as skinny will feel, and they were right. :bravo:

Thank and you are right and I have to begin and brush off the failure I fill. Everyone thank you I know the support I get here will carry me threw. THANK YOU THANK YOU.
You are dealing with difficult situation and doing the best you can that is all anyone can ask. :hug:

Fishette
01-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Down one more pound after a holiday stall. One huge monstrous pound to go for goal. Time to get tough!

I also started exercising a bit. There is a great stretching program on the PBS channel called "classical Stretch". Combines a lot of the popular techniques with slow fluid movements. I did that and Pilates with the grand baby in her jumping thing watching me. I also went swimming - all I could do was 1/2 mile (20 laps or 800 meters) in 30 minutes until my muscles just gave out. That is not so fast as to be out of breath but not so slow as to sink. ;) My goal is to build back up to my former 2000 meters an hour. Not swim team speed, but pretty good for a couch potato!

ragdoll74
01-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome Chancica!

Fishette- Congrats in the 1 lb....so close to goal!

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Fishette: a pound to be celebrated! I was going to wait til I got home from vacation to begin exercise but I can start here with my hip PT exercises and a walk
A good way to start the new year!

glomor
01-01-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm about to start Phase 3. Is there a helpful discussion about it here somewhere? I did a search but got so many results that nothing really stood out. Thanks! :cb:

maezy1
01-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi NEWLADY - DISCLOSURE your post touched my heart and really, really hit home for me. I had a rough 2012 (mom died,3 knee surgeries) and also had to get an immediate family member into treatment. I KNOW where you are coming from and all I can do is to tell you what I did. I got counseling for me, I attended Al-Anon meetings regularly (and still do) Those meetings are not about the addicted person but how we respond to their behavior and how we need to change so the focus is on ourselves because we have no control over their choices. Through my meetings I realized just how much I used food as my drug and my comfort and that is what led me to IP and getting myself healthy.
I am glad that you joined this group!lots of support here. I am using alternative foods and haven't seen my coach in several months ( due to surgery) This site is what keeps me OP (on program) and others' results are inspirational ! Vow to visit and contribute to this site every day and you will see an amazing transformation in yourself!!! These ipeeps are wonderful!

maezy1
01-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I'm a new member here and so I've still got lots to learn about this site and the lingo. I just wanted to say that it feels refreshing to be able to connect with people who are on the same journey as I am. Here's to a great year :)
WELCOME!!!! You have it right, IP is a journey! As I have gone along this path I have learned so much about myself. Taking off my fat suit, lb by lb, has really been enlightening! Cant wait to see your progress!

1LittleStar
01-01-2013, 11:59 AM

Awesome, way to go! That's not easy to do, I'm sure it took a lot of strength and motivation. Really good idea to per-plan and bring the water. Good for you!

1LittleStar
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Happy 2013, everyone!

I restarted IP on Saturday...this time with my husband. We both want to lose 35 pounds. We have our motivations. Him for his military PT test and me for our beach vacation in June.

I am finding it easy and exciting this time, but I worry about when I go back to work. I am a teacher and I need convenience. It's much more convenient to be OP at home with my kitchen than at school. So, I am starting to stress a little.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great OP day :)

Congratulations for getting started! With your husband will probably be great too! I find it quite challenging that my husband is not following the plan, and that I have to cook for my kids too!

As far as returning to work, I find it easier when I'm at work! I use the ready to serve items (like the drink or pudding - I know they are more expensive but worth it for the convenience for me), the soups (microwave in 2 minutes). I pack 2 cups of raw veggies (or grab a pepper or cucumber if I don't have time to cut it up) and lettuce. I leave a WF dressing in the fridge at work. The part that I find easier is the lack of temptations! And I'm very busy at work, so it keeps my mind off food. I'm sure you will do great!

Lizzy63
01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm about to start Phase 3. Is there a helpful discussion about it here somewhere? I did a search but got so many results that nothing really stood out. Thanks! :cb:

Hi, Glomor - the big difference is breakfast. I found the phase 3 breakfast thread really helpful - some great ideas there - lots from LizRR. Also, probably time to check out the maintainers thread, since maintenance is only 2 weeks away!

You're gonna love the breakfasts! :)

1LittleStar
01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Happy New Year!

Didn't make it to midnit either, lol!

My scale is saying that I'm down 31 lbs, so I'm very excited for my official weigh I on Thursday.

I had a headache last night and again this morning. I wonder if I somehow threw my body out of ketosis. The only things I've had that was different was a coffee from Starbucks (macchiato with nonfat foam and sugar free vanilla shot) and a tiny sliver of cheese (after seeing that others are allowed an ounce on P1). Needless to say I won't do either of those things again for a while! Hopefully it's just a random headache!

bubbleblower
01-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I had a headache last night and again this morning. I wonder if I somehow threw my body out of ketosis. The only things I've had that was different was a coffee from Starbucks (macchiato with nonfat foam and sugar free vanilla shot) and a tiny sliver of cheese (after seeing that others are allowed an ounce on P1). Needless to say I won't do either of those things again for a while! Hopefully it's just a random headache!

I've had a headache this morning as well but I'm fairly certain it's sinus in my case. I took Allegra and that seems to have helped. I was also having pain from what's known as a 'sinus squeeze' while descending/ascending on the dives yesterday so I think I'm just a bit congested so it was affecting my ability to equalize my ears for the pressure. Day off from diving today, so that's good. Hopefully I'll be back to normal for tomorrow.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

Nitney72
01-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Coming off my TOM and I can feel a woosh starting. This is good since I've been in a cheat filled stall for a week. I didn't gain anything but I didn't lose anything either so it isn't exactly horrible. I'm back on track and am obsessed again! I am down 2 pant sizes (16 to a 12) and bought a pair of leggings that make me happy.

I love the support offered to others here- you're all such good people!!!

FutureFitChick
01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
NewLady, so sorry that you have had a rough time with addiction issues in your family too. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. Just by seeing there is another way, you can find the path to beat it! Keep posting for any support you need!

NewEnglander, you have been such an inspiration to me of where I want to end up! Hang in there, as I am sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Fishette, congratulations on the weigh in. That sounds like a great PBS program. Your swimming is impressive to me that you "only" swam 800 meters! That is fantastic.

Hi, Everyone. Happy New Year and welcome (back) to those who are new or joining. I ended up getting a GI bug that kept me at home last night, so I didn't have a party to deal with. I made some on plan chicken miracle noodle soup and gelatin with Mio. So far so good this morning.

I am down this morning because my pup got really sick yesterday and I took her to the ER. It is looking very grave and suspect that her pain and weakness (that we had been trying to treat symptomatically over the last few months) may actually be due to leukemia. She is having an abdominal ultrasound today. We have opted to not have a bone marrow biopsy done because of her advanced age. (She is 11 and that is middle of the range for Saint Bernards' lifespans.) I am really missing her, as she was always next to us wherever we went. We hope to be able to bring her home soon for palliative care. I will miss her greatly. We moved here with 4 cats and 2 dogs. She is the last one left after only six years. (Everyone got old at the same time.)

With all that, trying to get my writing done is difficult. I keep finding myself looking at stupid Pinterest to keep my mind off of her. Last night I had 4 of my husbands mini-Christmas cookies. Dumb response to sadness is to make me more sad by stopping the weight loss. Oh well - I am putting that behind me and have a plan for today.

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 12:40 PM
and a tiny sliver of cheese (after seeing that others are allowed an ounce on P1). Needless to say I won't do either of those things again for a while! Hopefully it's just a random headache!
I think that cheese allowance is rare. I haven't heard many people mention it.
My coach only allows the 1 oz skim milk for coffee. Not liking that in my coffee, I opt for EAS vanilla protein RTD instead. I'd prefer unsweetened, however (I used real dairy cream prior to IP & no sweetener). I have some unflavored/unsweetened protein powder at home. I'll be mixing this up and trying it in my coffee instead when we return from vacation

Nitney72
01-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Futurefit- so sorry for your pup's pain. People who don't have pets don't understand how they fit in our lives. I've had animals my whole life and have said goodbye to many. I'll say a prayer for your girl.

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Stealing & cross posting from another thread b/c it is THAT important for all to see. The whole thing can be viewed here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272172-beginning-new-year.html

No excuses or complaining about how hard it is. Get into the 100% forum and stay 100% no excuses. It is not hard at all, and if it is some days, well, tough. You can do hard things (dammit!)

THIS! :bravo: :cp: :soap:

glomor
01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi, Glomor - the big difference is breakfast. I found the phase 3 breakfast thread really helpful - some great ideas there - lots from LizRR. Also, probably time to check out the maintainers thread, since maintenance is only 2 weeks away!

You're gonna love the breakfasts! :)

Thank you Lizzy63! I found the breakfast thread and posted my question there. :)

newlady
01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi NEWLADY - DISCLOSURE your post touched my heart and really, really hit home for me. I had a rough 2012 (mom died,3 knee surgeries) and also had to get an immediate family member into treatment. I KNOW where you are coming from and all I can do is to tell you what I did. I got counseling for me, I attended Al-Anon meetings regularly (and still do) Those meetings are not about the addicted person but how we respond to their behavior and how we need to change so the focus is on ourselves because we have no control over their choices. Through my meetings I realized just how much I used food as my drug and my comfort and that is what led me to IP and getting myself healthy.
I am glad that you joined this group!lots of support here. I am using alternative foods and haven't seen my coach in several months ( due to surgery) This site is what keeps me OP (on program) and others' results are inspirational ! Vow to visit and contribute to this site every day and you will see an amazing transformation in yourself!!! These ipeeps are wonderful! Thank you and yes getting in a group to understand her addition is on my to do list. Not being able to take her pain away or fix it kills me on the inside. I'm praying for you and one step at a time. Making my order and starting my new year to get the rest of this weight off. I'm cheering for you also WE can do this together.

sonyainva
01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Hello, Happy New Year. Oh dear...I have a serious reboot to do...I'm to embarrassed to post what I'm at right now...as I begin to lose it I'll admit to it. :( Very pathetic...But, it is what it is and I'm strong enough to get back on track and lose it (again).

Hey you got to maintainence, that's great. Coach says it is normal for folks to reboot every year. If you are up a bit more than you would like, next time you can try to reboot with a smaller gain

Down one more pound after a holiday stall. One huge monstrous pound to go for goal. Time to get tough!

I also started exercising a bit. There is a great stretching program on the PBS channel called "classical Stretch". Combines a lot of the popular techniques with slow fluid movements. I did that and Pilates with the grand baby in her jumping thing watching me. I also went swimming - all I could do was 1/2 mile (20 laps or 800 meters) in 30 minutes until my muscles just gave out. That is not so fast as to be out of breath but not so slow as to sink. ;) My goal is to build back up to my former 2000 meters an hour. Not swim team speed, but pretty good for a couch potato!

You are rocking this, 1 pound to goal, I am dancing for you.

Welcome, may you be wiser from all the mistakes we mAde

After my cheat on last Monday, I got into ketosis for sure yesterday, hubby can smell it in my breath

FutureFitChick
01-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Futurefit- so sorry for your pup's pain. People who don't have pets don't understand how they fit in our lives. I've had animals my whole life and have said goodbye to many. I'll say a prayer for your girl.

Thanks, Nitney72!

MonicaKolesnik
01-01-2013, 01:39 PM
NewLady, so sorry that you have had a rough time with addiction issues in your family too. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. Just by seeing there is another way, you can find the path to beat it! Keep posting for any support you need!

NewEnglander, you have been such an inspiration to me of where I want to end up! Hang in there, as I am sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Fishette, congratulations on the weigh in. That sounds like a great PBS program. Your swimming is impressive to me that you "only" swam 800 meters! That is fantastic.

Hi, Everyone. Happy New Year and welcome (back) to those who are new or joining. I ended up getting a GI bug that kept me at home last night, so I didn't have a party to deal with. I made some on plan chicken miracle noodle soup and gelatin with Mio. So far so good this morning.

I am down this morning because my pup got really sick yesterday and I took her to the ER. It is looking very grave and suspect that her pain and weakness (that we had been trying to treat symptomatically over the last few months) may actually be due to leukemia. She is having an abdominal ultrasound today. We have opted to not have a bone marrow biopsy done because of her advanced age. (She is 11 and that is middle of the range for Saint Bernards' lifespans.) I am really missing her, as she was always next to us wherever we went. We hope to be able to bring her home soon for palliative care. I will miss her greatly. We moved here with 4 cats and 2 dogs. She is the last one left after only six years. (Everyone got old at the same time.)

With all that, trying to get my writing done is difficult. I keep finding myself looking at stupid Pinterest to keep my mind off of her. Last night I had 4 of my husbands mini-Christmas cookies. Dumb response to sadness is to make me more sad by stopping the weight loss. Oh well - I am putting that behind me and have a plan for today.

So sorry to hear about your baby. I have 2 cats and 3 dog babies and I so can feel your pain. Your doing the best you can for your baby to keep her comfortable and she knows she is loved which is all us as pet parents can do. But again I am so sorry :(

FutureFitChick
01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
So sorry to hear about your baby. I have 2 cats and 3 dog babies and I so can feel your pain. Your doing the best you can for your baby to keep her comfortable and she knows she is loved which is all us as pet parents can do. But again I am so sorry :(

Thanks, Monica. I appreciate your kindness.

AAAMom
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Someone once said the food and drink does not taste nearly as good as skinny will feel, and they were right. :bravo:
:

LOVE THAT QUOTE!

maezy1
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
NEWLADY U are so right WE can do this!

NinjaNurse
01-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Happy New Year everyone!! My husband and I lasted until about 12am. I am off to work shortly.

To all the newbies, although I am still semi-new myself, welcome!! This is a great place for support and ideas to get you through. Once the wgt starts coming off, it really is exciting!! Best of luck to you all!!

Futurefitchick: I am so sorry about your pup. I hope she feels better soon. I now how hard it is to have a sick pet. I lost my Doolin (Cat of 11yrs) last March. He was my baby. (((Hugs)))

LosingLawyer
01-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Happy New Year! Dragged myself out of bed for my weightlifting class this morning, and I feel great. I had a "moment" in class today. We do squats with a barbell. I loaded 25 pounds on each side of the barbell, as usual, so 50 pounds total. Then the barbell goes on my upper back as we do squats. About halfway through the set (which was particularly hard this morning), I realized that I have lost more than twice the amount of weight that was on my back. It was a sobering realization, since it's not exactly easy to lift 50 pounds. After class I loaded 100 pounds on the barbell and lifted that (could barely do it). Wow. Talk about putting things into perspective! I think everyone should try lifting what they have lost just to see what you were dragging around. If you're new, try lifting how much you have to lose and think about how great it will feel when you are that much lighter!

Nolawhodatchick
01-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Stealing & cross posting from another thread b/c it is THAT important for all to see. The whole thing can be viewed here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272172-beginning-new-year.html

THIS! :bravo: :cp: :soap:

Lisa and all-

I have a question about the 100% thread. Is it intended for people who use only official IP products, or are people who follow the protocol with alternative products also the intended target? Depending on what thread I am reading, it seems it could be either. I have always stayed away from posting on the 100% thread (although I sometimes read it) because I don't want to confuse anyone who is looking for 100% true IP product and protocol guidance as I use a blend of about 50% official IP products and 50% alternative products. Anyone want to clarify or give their opinion?

Cadu
01-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Lisa and all-

I have a question about the 100% thread. Is it intended for people who use only official IP products, or are people who follow the protocol with alternative products also the intended target? Depending on what thread I am reading, it seems it could be either. I have always stayed away from posting on the 100% thread (although I sometimes read it) because I don't want to confuse anyone who is looking for 100% true IP product and protocol guidance as I use a blend of about 50% official IP products and 50% alternative products. Anyone want to clarify or give their opinion?

The 100% thread is for anyone following the plan 100% wether you are using IP products or alternatives.
:D

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 03:12 PM
People in the 100% thread follow the sheet. I don't think anyone really cares which product (I use about 75% IP products). From what I've seen, it's about following the IP protocol 100%. I lurked there for my first month or 6-weeks, til I trusted myself enough OP. Lurking w/o talking helped me learn. The best part for me is nobody talking about cheats and nobody b!+€#ing about how hard the plan is. They just DO it & talk about what it takes to get thru.

MonicaKolesnik
01-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Lisa and all-

I post in the 100% thread because I am 100% OP regardless of if I use alternatives or not. I am sure you are as welcome as everyone else :)

Nolawhodatchick
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
People in the 100% thread follow the sheet. I don't think anyone really cares which product (I use about 75% IP products). From what I've seen, it's about following the IP protocol 100%. I lurked there for my first month or 6-weeks, til I trusted myself enough OP. Lurking w/o talking helped me learn. The best part for me is nobody talking about cheats and nobody b!+#ing about how hard the plan is. They just DO it & talk about what it takes to get thru.

OK, thanks, because I always interpreted "following the sheet 100%" to mean official IP as it talks about the packets. I'm a very literal person. Once in college I was telling a friend that I stayed up all night working on a term paper. They asked "what did you do your paper on?" I said "Uhm, regular computer paper...":dizzy:

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Off to make some of rainbow's She-crab soup! Wish me luck (As in I hope everyone in the house likes it as much as I will!)

New Englander
01-01-2013, 04:12 PM
OK, thanks, because I always interpreted "following the sheet 100%" to mean official IP as it talks about the packets. I'm a very literal person. Once in college I was telling a friend that I stayed up all night working on a term paper. They asked "what did you do your paper on?" I said "Uhm, regular computer paper...":dizzy:

LOL!!!

1LittleStar
01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Wow. Talk about putting things into perspective! I think everyone should try lifting what they have lost just to see what you were dragging around. If you're new, try lifting how much you have to lose and think about how great it will feel when you are that much lighter!

What a great idea! I've lost about 30 lbs so far, and I DO feel a lot better already. I think if I had to lift 30 lbs, it would really emphasize how far I've come already. I can't imagine being able to lift 100+lbs, yet that's how much I have to lose, so I'm doing that every day! I imagine that I might have muscles under all that fat to make it happen LOL! I can't wait to see them...

Congrats on working out on New Year's Day!!

maezy1
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Happy New Year! Dragged myself out of bed for my weightlifting class this morning, and I feel great. I had a "moment" in class today. We do squats with a barbell. I loaded 25 pounds on each side of the barbell, as usual, so 50 pounds total. Then the barbell goes on my upper back as we do squats. About halfway through the set (which was particularly hard this morning), I realized that I have lost more than twice the amount of weight that was on my back. It was a sobering realization, since it's not exactly easy to lift 50 pounds. After class I loaded 100 pounds on the barbell and lifted that (could barely do it). Wow. Talk about putting things into perspective! I think everyone should try lifting what they have lost just to see what you were dragging around. If you're new, try lifting how much you have to lose and think about how great it will feel when you are that much lighter!

I did the same thing on Saturday! I asked my hubby to get 51 lbs of weight for me. Wow, I couldn't even lift it but I did lift it for many years, too many. Now as I lose, Im going to add that additional weight to the pile and pick it up so I know what I was carrying around. I'm a very visual person!

Chloe222
01-01-2013, 06:23 PM
FutureFitChick, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, was headed to vet school at one time, really love animals and so understand your pain. One of my dogs is very ill and every day with her is a gift. She's getting very spoiled at this point. more so than the others. :hug:

NewLady, I'm sorry you are dealing with so many critical issues at once. Life can be difficult. It sounds like you are a wise and strong person and have handled the past year well. Sometimes something has to give for us to keep our sanity in the face of adversity and there are worse things than food. What is wise about what you've done is that you are nipping the food issue in the bud and have made your way back here. We are here for you, please stop in every day, we'll be looking to hear from you and will totally support you. :hug: :dust:

NewEnglander, I also fell away and am back. I did it before, I'll do it again, and this time will make goal. You can do this! We'll do it together!
:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:
Fishette, I want to say I'm amazed you are a grandmother - you look so young! I've been meaning to tell you that. Second, now you can swim for 30 minutes, "only 800" meters...you are AMAZING!!
:bravo::swim:
Cadu, Welcome back! I also am back to get this done. Will update my ticker in a day or so. :welcome3: (WELCOME BACK!!)

Happy New year everyone!!

WebRover
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Ooohh! Tried a veggie puree for the first time. Wow. I used the celery, mushroom & garlic as a base for mock split pea soup with some broth made with the ham bone, some lean ham and fresh spinach added just until it wilted. Yum. Thank you LizRR.

Chloe222
01-01-2013, 06:33 PM
We had a big brunch at our house today. I did all the cooking and truly stayed OP. Well, actually, I'm behind on my veggies and water, but will make up for that at dinner in an hour. But nothing I shouldn't eat passed my lips. Tired and hungry right now, but happy.

Last night we went to dinner with friends and stayed OP too. I did eat half of my IP dinner before I went and then nibbled IP acceptable foods while everyone else indulged fully. I had herbal tea while everyone else had fun holiday drinks. Just kept saying to myself, "there's always next year".

Having gone off program and now back for a reboot, the past 24 hours was a test that was more trying than the first time on IP. Not here to complain, but to say as you well know, in every moment, it's all about what you really want and what you are willing to do to get it. Right now, I'm being so good because I don't like the results of being "bad". It does help that I'm wearing tight jeans and the tightness is a good reminder that I need to stay OP.

Looking forward to making goal in the spring (if not earlier) and supporting every one of you also, as you make your trek.
Chloe

MonicaKolesnik
01-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Congrats on the restart Chloe222 we are glad to have you back and to share in you making it to your goal!!! Congrats for staying OP over the holidays, it does feel good to have the will power to follow through with what we truly want!

Cadu
01-01-2013, 06:52 PM
FutureFitChick, Cadu, Welcome back! I also am back to get this done. Will update my ticker in a day or so. :welcome3: (WELCOME BACK!!)

Happy New year everyone!!

CHLOE!!!!
I am so glad to see you. We will fight our way back together.

Slimknight
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Hello All, Starting IP today. Excited and anxious, ready for a lifestyle upgrade!

NinjaNurse
01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I think everyone should try lifting what they have lost just to see what you were dragging around. If you're new, try lifting how much you have to lose and think about how great it will feel when you are that much lighter!

What a great idea!! My daughter is about 50lbs and I can barely lift her. Isn't it crazy how long we've walked around with extra weight???

foreveryoung
01-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Hello All, Starting IP today. Excited and anxious, ready for a lifestyle upgrade!

Welcome Slimknight! you will find lots of support and encouragement here, we all are in this together :)

PepperTown
01-02-2013, 08:11 AM

Welcome :D Perhaps all Canadians should be helping and encouraging each other. PM me if you need help.

Nitney72
01-02-2013, 08:27 AM

Oh my gosh- that's a fabulous idea! I used to lug around 50 lb grain bags when I had horses and I know what it's like.

Fishette
01-02-2013, 08:45 AM
lifestyle upgrade!

Love it!