Fitness Videos - January 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
12-31-2012, 11:12 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

TurboLaura
01-01-2013, 10:47 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi Ladies! Diana - thanks for starting this for us.

Yesterday - Combat 30. Today Combat 45. Still over ate last night. UGH. Goal for 2012 is to lose the last 10-15, keep it off and get super toned :) I do feel proud that I have maintained my 70 pound weigh loss from the end of Aug to now. NEVER have I been able to keep weight off like this...ever.
Thanks for your support, ladies!

teacher1
01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
:newyear:

Hi ladies!!!

Diana- thanks for getting us started

Laura- you've done so great... 70 pounds is a huge accomplishment!

I'm off to the in-laws for a bday celebration for my father-in-law. I started the year off right with a healthy breakfast and tracking the calories. I have one huge goal for 2013- to get pregnant! So going to have to baby steps goals to make the big goal. We're holding off trying until June and hoping I can make some progress. Everyone have a great day!!!! :carrot:

*Had to adjust my ticker up :( I'm going to adjust it on Saturdays, if it's an up or down to keep me more honest on my progress. I weigh in daily but I'm charting it weekly.

TurboLaura
01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Teacher - That's an awesome goal!!!!! Way to go with being accountable with calories and have a healthy breakfast!

I'm taking your lead and will adjust my ticket tomorrow too. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and I'm SCARED! I'm expecting 160 since I've eaten CRAP all vacation and just got my period...feel SO bloated!

YIKES!

Diana - your butt comments are hysterical! I'm sure that your husband loves the way you look - but there is NO right answer...you right!

Diana3271
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Les Mills Pump Sports Attack

Ugh time to go back to work!

Laura I faced the music and got on the scale this morning. It was the first time since our trip. I think I gained 9.6 pounds. :o OOPS! I adjusted my ticker, I'm back on plan, and working toward my maintenance/goal weight.

Teacher You are off to a great start. I wish you the very best with working toward your goals this year.

teacher1
01-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi ladies

I had my first physical therapy appointment this morning. Started with stretches, then 15 minutes of heat, then around 15 minutes of a pure nightmare, where he pull the sore muscles, and finished with teaching me some stretches to do at home. My next appointment is on Friday. He told me no elliptical for now
He said I can cycle and I'll try but I have to go to the gym to cycle. I'm going to ask him about the treadmill on Friday. My homework from PT is- heat 15 min and then my set of stretches 2x a day. He said it should get much better but it will take some time. I'm a little sad about the workout situation but better to deal with it now than waiting another year.

I'm on track with eating and tracking calories. However, my mood is just grumpy today. I'm not hungry just adjusting to my cleaner eating.

today- rest... the hip is super sore from being pulled

Diana3271
01-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Quick post, I will be back when I get home.

Check-In:
Les Mills Combat Live 30 w/weighted gloves
Les Mills Combat Hiit Power w/12's

I have changed my mind about my rotation. I think I am going to follow the Combat basic rotation. That will give me time to add in a couple workouts that I want to do. I did the Hiit workout today with 12's. It wasn't bad. I lowered the weight today. I feel that I am weaker in the shoulders, so those types of exercises are always a challenge for me. It makes me dislike weight work.

Diana3271
01-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Teacher I'm sorry that you won't be able to do your regular workouts. Hopefully the PT will get you on the road to recovery soon. Good job with your eating and tracking calories. :carrot:

TurboLaura
01-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi ladies!

Wed - Combat hiit power with 10 pound dumbbells...My quads were/are on fire!
Tonight - Combat 45 and Core 20.

Day 2 of being back on track and I feel so much healthier! Couldn't get myself to get on the scale...too scared. Will weigh in on Sat!

Diana - nice workouts :) :) Those pounds will be gone quickly with your focus and determination.

Teacher - PT can stink but it will help! Good job on tracking calories and keeping everything in check! You can do it!!!! :cheer:

Side note : It's only 7 degrees here right now...UGH - FREEZING and I really don't want to walk my pooches in this! :brr: Fast walk!

teacher1
01-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Laura- that is super cold!!! How long did it take you to lose the 70 pounds?

I subbed today so no exercise. Tomorrow, I'll head to the y to cycle in the morning and have PT in the afternoon. I'm going to skip the intense cycle class and just do the bike on my own. I'm going to clarify my PT's exercise orders tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-03-2013, 09:40 PM

Check-In: Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Laura I feel so much better getting back on my food plan, too. I just hate that heavy lethargic feeling.

Teacher How were the kids today after coming back from a long break?

TurboLaura
01-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Hey ladies!

Teacher - I hope that you had a good day subbing! I lost 70 pounds in about 6 months...the first month I lost 18 pounds, which was very fast. I've been at 150-155 since the end of August but I really want to be 140. My new goal for this year!

Diana, I know what you mean about feeling sluggish. It's amazing how unhealthy foods can do it! Did you feel more energetic today?

Combat 45 with TF gloves. Good workout! Yes, this weather is not normal for around here. Only 19 right now. Hoping for normal 35-40 over the weekend!

teacher1
01-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Laura- that is so impressive weight loss!!!

Diana- the kids and adults were a little fuzzy yesterday and today. Good thing tomorrow is the weekend.

I ended up subbing and didn't make it to the y which is good since I got clarification on working out. No cycle class, treadmill, walking dogs, y classes. I can do a gentle ride on a stationary bike for about 20 min. Then maybe adding elip in a couple weeks. I'm to focus on my stretches and resting the hip. This second appointment was better than the first. I go 2 times for the next 2 weeks for now. I'm a little grumpy sine I like to workout but she said I'll eventually be back to everything I want to do. so I just need to focus on getting better. I'm doing well with meals and tracking. So that's a step in the right direction.

Diana3271
01-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

I did this workout via youtube. I was made aware of it from a thread I started about Jillian on another forum that I am a member of. I was also told about a 2 DVD Jillian set that Walmart has for $10. It also contains a pair of weighted gloves. I am planning to go look for it tomorrow. I really enjoyed my workout today. I couldn't believe that I actually liked this workout. Amazing things you find out when you ask a question. Today was a rest day w/Combat.

Here's a link to Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, in case you want to try it. It's the full workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w

Teacher How did it go with your PT? OOPS, we were posting at the same time.

Laura Feeling good! How about you? Did you brave your weigh in? Hopefully you didn't do as bad as I did over vacation. :o

Something funny about having a major gain, like I have had this year. You think about all the things you are grateful for, big and small. This week, after getting back from the cruise, I am grateful that my jeans have a little extra spandex in the material. :rofl:

TurboLaura
01-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey all! :wave: TGIF YAY! :celebrate:

Thanks, teacher! What drove me nuts is from 7/2 to 8/20 I only lost 5 pounds..I obviously back tracked when we went on vaca. Day 3 of being focused and 100% on plan. Feeling a huge difference in bloat, which is great.

I'm so happy for you that you were able to do a gentle bike ride! WAHOO! It's a step in the right direction. Sorry that you're feeling grumpy. Could you maybe do some upper body light weights to up your mood? Good job with tracking your meals :)

Diana - I hope that you had a great day :D

TurboLaura
01-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Diana - weigh in tomorrow AM! YIKES! That sounds like a great deal for the set and gloves...I just may check it out too.

Off to do Combat 30 and TF Abs 10.

TurboLaura
01-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Hi Diana and Teacher!

Was scared but weighed in this AM. 160 on the dot. Hate the fact that I haven't see anything in the 160's for months and months :( Extremely motivated now...

Fire 55 EZ and Core 20 today.

Diana3271
01-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi Diana and Teacher!

Was scared but weighed in this AM. 160 on the dot. Hate the fact that I haven't see anything in the 160's for months and months :( Extremely motivated now...

Fire 55 EZ and Core 20 today.

I totally hear you! You are back at it now, that's all that matters. Could some of it be water weight? I weighed in on Jan 1 at 164 and this morning at 160.8. You can't lose that much fat, that quickly, so I must be holding on to quite a bit of water weight. Hopefully it will drop quickly for you.

teacher1
01-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Laura- you'll get that down in no time

I moved down 2 pounds since resetting my ticker on the 1st. We'll see what next week looks like after a full week. I did get Olive Garden last night which was part of my new plan. I pick 1 or 2 days a month preplanned to have an off plan meal. Yesterday, we celebrated my little brother's gotcha day. He's adopted from Ethiopia. Next off plan meal is Super Bowl on 2/3 so I have a long time. It was a 3 pound loss until OG and then up a pound. Overall, a good start since I can't really workout to burn calories. Heading to the y later for a 20 min gentle bike ride (sounds kind of boring).

* edit that- no y... we went & it was so packed. going to try on a weekday at least for Jan.

Diana3271
01-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you are having a great weekend!

Check-In: Les Mills Hiit: Shock Plyo w/12's (evil little workout!)

Laura I forgot to mention. The other person clarified that it wasn't weighted gloves, it was hand weights. I went to Walmart today and found the $10 set. Then I went to Walgreens. They had 30 DS on sale for $7.99. I have $5 worth of points that I could use, so I got it for $2.99. I think I have enough Jillian for now.

I will use the Jillian workouts in a future rotation.

Teacher Good job on the 2 pounds! :carrot: What did you have at Olive Garden? You can still work Olive Garden in your plan without going over calories or even having to have a splurge meal. Their calories are listed online. They now have meals that are lower in calories. DH orders spaghetti w/meatballs when we go there. It's too much food for him, so he orders the lunch portion. They will allow you to order lunch even at dinner. They have always been very accommodating.

Diana3271
01-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Here's a link to some pictures from our cruise. Edited to remove picture links since the check-in saw therm.

teacher1
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Diana- I love the cruise pics!!! You're so skinny. My favorite outfit is the sequin top. I can't believe it was only $20. The dolphin swim looks so much fun. Such great memories for you both.
I agree I could have made a healthy choice at Olive Garden but I went with the cheese ziti. I did get the lunch portion so I didn't have any leftovers. I still plan out going out weekly and staying on plan by looking up the calories before hand. This was just a planned splurge.

Laura- How was your weekend?

I'm staying up with my 2x a day stretches and heat. The pain is spreading into my lower back and bottom. The PT said this is common since they pulled the muscles so much. It's a process I guess. Hoping to see some progress in the next couple of weeks.

Diana3271
01-06-2013, 09:05 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Combat 30 w/weighted gloves
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Thank you for the compliments. Good job on eating the lunch portion. I think you did a great job. Sorry to hear the pain is getting worse. I hope the PT is right and it's part of the healing process. I am continuing to send healing thoughts your way. :hug:

TurboLaura
01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Hey ladies!

DIANA!! YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!!! What gorgeous photos and thanks for sharing :)

Teacher - yay on the 2 pounds :) Great job! I really like your idea of weekly weigh ins and I'm following your lead. I hope that the pain starts to subside....perhaps some advil would help?

We had a nice weekend and went to see a musical last night in Providence, Jekyll and Hyde. It was awesome and a very bold show!

Today I spent 4 hours cleaning and putting all the Christmas decorations away..we have a lot as my husband really like Christmas :)

Combat 30 tonight!

teacher1
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm subbed today at a busy elementary classroom. It was a crazy day and I'm glad it's over. My friend had a baby today & it was a planned c-section so I was waiting to hear from her. Sadly, her baby is in ICU with low blood sugar & was born 9.5 pounds. She hasn't seen him yet and it's almost 5:00pm here and he was born mid-morning. My heart is breaking for her. I'm sure he'll be okay, it's just so scary. My friend had gestational diabetes so I guess this is a side effect. I can't help but think about my own hope of having a baby. I know it's right to wait until I down some weight so hopefully I won't have gestational diabetes. I know that some normal weight ladies can get it but I know weight is a huge factor. The whole situation is just sad and scary.

Diana3271
01-07-2013, 09:26 PM

Check-In: Les Mills Body Combat 42 w/weighted gloves

I did this full length workout on youtube. It's an actual instructor Body Combat workout. It's the same length format at Combat 60.

Laura Thank your for the compliments.

Teacher I hope your friend can see her baby soon and everything is OK. :hug:

TurboLaura
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Hey all. Bad stomach bug hopefully not flu. Will post when I can.

Take care.

teacher1
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Laura- feel better

Started my second week of PT and doing well with it.

today- 15 min stationary bike

Diana3271
01-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Live Combat 30 w/weighted gloves

Tomorrow is one of those horrid Hiit workouts. If I got through Insanity with the shingles, I can get through a little Hiit workout, right? Evil little things.

Laura There are some nasty bugs going around. I hope you feel better soon.

Teacher Good job pushing through. I know it's really hard when you are in pain.

TurboLaura
01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Ladies,

Teacher - How is your friend and her baby? How scary. Thinking of you. How was PT today?

Diana - great workouts!! :bravo: I have to admit - I LOVE those hiit workouts but I feel them in my butt and legs for days with all of those squat/overhead press moves.

Feeling better today with no vomiting but no workouts for a few days. Thanks for the well wishes. Out of school again today but will be back tomorrow. Only benefit is I'm down to 153 today. I'm assuming lots of water weight lost and I haven't really been able to eat. Off to spend the afternoon on the couch. Any advice for foods I could maybe tolerate today? Dry Ezekiel toast is all I have in me so far. Tried a vegan shake and can't drink it.

TurboLaura
01-09-2013, 01:03 PM
ps - thanks for the info on the sets at Walmart. Have you heard anything about the Tapout set? I'm really loving Combat and like the change after doing nothing but Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire for 1 year!!!!

teacher1
01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Laura- I got to see the baby yesterday and he's still in NICU. So it's sad but hopefully he'll get out soon. PT went well. It's slowly getting better. I go again Friday. My sick to stomach foods are saltine crackers and sprite. Glad to hear you're getting better.

Diana- you're killing with the workouts. I could really use an intense workout to get me out of my funk..

today- ymca bike 20 min

Diana3271
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Hiit Power w/12's
Les Mills Sports Attack

I like the Hiit Power a lot more (that's still not saying much :D ) with the 12's.

Teacher Hang in there. You will get though this. You need to get well first. It's hard, I know. You've got all sorts of things that you have planned for this year. Good job on the bike. You know what's so funny? I can watch a TF commercial and get so excited about it that I want to whip out my cc to order it. :lol: Hearing about fun workouts can really get you going and make you want to do more.

Laura I can't remember, are you familiar with VF and Collage? Here's some reviews/info:
http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=tapout
http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=tapout+xt
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/tapout-xt-four-workouts-plus-tubing-9259
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/tapout-xt-three-workouts-plus-tubing-9185
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/disp_inst.php?id=1341

TurboLaura
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Awesome workouts, Diana! Thanks for the resources. I really need something new and will start to follow the Ultimate Warrior Combat schedule next week, but on the days where it's the 30 minute workout, I'll add something like TF 30 or Core 20 or a 30 minute run. Is sports attack part of the Les Mills Pump set?

Teacher - I'm glad that you got to see the sweet baby and I hope that he is out of the NICU soon, too. A good friend at work just had a baby, too, but I won't be seeing him for some time since I've been sick! Keep up the good work with PT. Thanks for the advice on the foods...I was able to have a vegan shake and toast for dinner.

Diana3271
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Laura Yes, Sports Attack is one of the cardio workouts from Pump. There are 3 add on cardio workouts. I was gifted Sports Attack and LOVE it! It is pretty intense but very basic choreography. Here it is on Mary's site: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LMPumpDlxDVDs You have to buy the whole set. I'm glad you were able to get some nutrition to stay down.

TurboLaura
01-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey all!

Thanks, Diana! I may order that next :) No workouts for me until Monday. Still so tired and dizzy after a day of school. Able to eat almost normally, though. Happy to report 152 this AM! :carrot:

teacher1
01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Laura- glad to hear you're feeling better :)

Hips a little sore today..... have PT tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Les Mills Combat Kata 45 w/weighted gloves

I have been feeling very tired the last couple of days. I'm thinking it must be due to TTOM getting ready to start again.

Laura I'm glad you are able to eat normally again. Keep working to feel better.

Teacher Sending good vibes for the PT tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo: Enjoy your weekend!

I am a little over 3 pounds from my pre-cruise weight. Hopefully I will be there soon, and then I can work on the thyroid/stress weight that I gained last year. :carrot:

Anyone have anything fun planned?

We don't have anything special planned. Just the regular routine.

Check-In: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

I used the #1 weights that came with this set when appropiate (during kickingboxing moves). Right now, this is the most intense cardio workout that I own. I don't know why it feels so intense. It only consists of basic moves, nothing fancy. It's surprising how intense it is for me.

teacher1
01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Diana- congrats on getting back on track... sounds like a great workout

I had a rather painful experience today at PT. It was brutal with all the stretches and me sweating all over the place. I thought it was never going to end. Plus, TOM is on the way making me super grumpy. Normally, I would get in a food coma but staying on track. I will say it was more of a workout today at PT with more intense bike time and core exercises. Sorry to be such a grump. Hoping to get in a better mood soon.

Diana3271
01-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Teacher Sorry to hear you went through that today. Are you able to take Advil? Was the PT aware of the pain you were in? Good job staying track! :carrot:

TurboLaura
01-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey ladies!

Diana - way to go :) I hear ya - sometimes new workouts are surprisingly hard. Good job on getting it done!

Teacher - :cheer: sending good, positive vibes your way! So sorry that PT was painful. :( We all need to be a grump sometimes and hormones can really add to that.

No workouts today of through the weekend. Such extreme fatigue and headaches still from this virus. Stinks.

teacher1
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Diana- yep taking advil and the PT was aware of the pain. He said it's all part of the process. I just wish he could tell me how long but I think with only 2 weeks, it's a little early to tell.

Laura- feel better.... getting so sick really takes a toll on your body

I'm doing my stretches 2x a day & dropped 4 pounds this week. Staying on track with food & calories counting.... baby steps :)

Diana3271
01-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Insanity Plyo Interval Circuit

I like this better than the Psycho Shock Plyo Hiit thingy. I'm proud that I actually got through the Insanity workout. I remember when I did Insanity that I sweat more during the first month than the second. I don't think it was because I had built up fitness or anything like that. Maybe the first month is shorter but more intense than the second. The second month's workouts are longer. Tonight I was literally raining sweat during the warm up. :D

Laura I sure hope you feel better by Monday. A lot of people have been sick and it seems to take forever for them to feel better. Hang in there. Have you seen these workouts, yet? They are for instructors, that's why they are so expensive. They come with a DVD, CD, and instructional. I think these may be what I was hoping for Combat.
War Vol 1 http://www.powermusic.com/choreography/group-rx/war/power-music-group-rx-war-vol-1.html
War Vol 2 http://www.powermusic.com/choreography/group-rx/war/power-music-group-rx-war-vol-2.html
War Vol 3 http://www.powermusic.com/choreography/group-rx/war/power-music-group-rx-war-vol-3.html

Teacher Great job on the 4 pounds! You are doing such a great job! Keep it up. :bravo:

TurboLaura
01-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Whoa teacher!!! 4 POUNDS IS AWESOME!!!! :)

Diana, thank you - I feel good today and can't wait to workout tomorrow. Thanks for the thinks and AWESOME workout :)

teacher1
01-13-2013, 06:47 PM
hi ladies!!!

In a much better mood this weekend :) Hip seems a little better too :)

Diana3271
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM

Teacher & Laura glad to hear you are both feeling better. :carrot:

Check-In: Les Mills Combat Live 30 w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you had a good start to your week.

Check-In:
1000 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 45 EZ w/#1 hand weights

I pushed the play button on the DVD player, but forgot to put on my weighted gloves. My #1 hand weights were sitting right there, so they subbed for the gloves.

TurboLaura
01-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Hey ladies!

Teacher - glad that you're feeling better today!
Diana - great workout! How was your day?

Feeling like myself today and was excited to workout after a week off!
Combat 30

teacher1
01-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Laura- glad to hear you're better!!!

today- 15 bike at PT...which went well, next appointment is on Friday

Diana3271
01-15-2013, 06:03 PM

Check-In: Les Mills Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

I did the entire workout, even floor stuff and loved it! I liked today's workout the best out of all I have done. I don't know if I am getting the hang of them better or what. I have been mostly uninspired with Combat 45. I'm not sure why.

Laura Glad you are feeling better and eager to workout! :carrot: Still feeling good on my end! :) What are your thoughts on the Combat workouts? Do you have a favorite. Do you remember much about Combat 45? I don't know why it's not a favorite. It seems like I would like it because you don't go to the floor. :?:

Teacher Good job on the bike! I am so glad that PT went well for you. Keep up the great work!

TurboLaura
01-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Hey ladies!! :wave:

Combat hiit power tonight. WAAHOO quads and shoulders are on :flame:! Will feel this tomorrow for SURE!

Teacher - great job with PT :D

Diana - Combat 45 is ok - I have to say it feels a bit slow at times, perhaps that why you don't like it? Slow as is all the forms? Good knee strike section, though :) That;s on my calender for tomorrow. Glad you like Combat 60! I'm scheduled for that on Thurs.

Take care all and keep up the good work!

Diana3271
01-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Check-In:
Les Mills Power Hiit w/12's

Teacher I hope you had a good day.

Laura Maybe it's the speed that I don't like with 45.

teacher1
01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi ladies!!!
I subbed today. Doing good.... tomorrow I'll head to the y for a short bike ride. Enjoying this downward progress on the scale even though it will soon slow down.

TurboLaura
01-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Hey all!

Hope that you're having a good day. Nice workouts and good job staying on track!

Felt great all day and super sore from last night's workout...tonight feeling kinda sick again with similar symptoms of last week. Tonight will be my 1 day off this week.

Keep my senior dog Wally in your thoughts as he's having 2 procedures tomorrow....some teeth extracted and a large growth removed off of his rear end. He;s in great hands but it's still scary. :(

Diana3271
01-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Teacher Good job on the weight loss. I am thinking positive for you. I am hoping you will have nice consistent weight loss until you get ready to TTC.

Laura Keeping Wally in my thoughts and prayers. Update us on him when you can. I am still sending healing thoughts your way and hoping you feel better.

teacher1
01-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Diana- thanks!!!

Laura- prayers for your furkid. Keep us posted!

today- 20 min bike at ymca

Diana3271
01-17-2013, 09:31 PM

Check-In:
LM Combat 30 Kickstart w/weighted gloves
LM Combat Live 30 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Good job being consistent. :carrot:

Laura How did it go today?

TurboLaura
01-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey ladies!

Thanks for your kind words! Wally did very well in surgery and is bouncing back so quickly. He had 7 teeth extracted (more than we were expecting) and the growth removed. He's so resilient and resting comfortably now. He came in the house and wanted to eat right away! Amazing!

Believe it or not my mom is having a surgery tomorrow to have a salivary glad removed as it was just discovered it has a cancerous mass. UGH! When it rains it pours. Thanks for sending kinds and healing thoughts.
Combat 45 - feeling better today but really tired!

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Diana3271
01-18-2013, 06:54 AM
Good Morning :wave: TGIF! :woohoo: I hope you have a great weekend!

Laura Great news about Wally! I am glad he is doing so well. Please update us on your Mom when you have more info. I will say a prayer for her. :hug:

Diana3271
01-18-2013, 04:31 PM

Check-In: Ilaria Powerstrike 5

TTOM and PMS is kicking my butt today! I feel like total crap!

teacher1
01-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Diana- i had the same problem last week. take care

Laura- good news on the dog!!! I'm sorry about your mom. Keep us posted.

today- stretches... subbed so no bike ride

teacher1
01-19-2013, 12:33 PM
hi all-
Down 2 pounds this week... it was 3 yesterday but went back up. Weight loss is slowing down :( At least it's moving down.

today- 20 min bike ymca

TurboLaura
01-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Nice weight loss teacher!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Diana, how are you feeling today?

Mom is doing very well and I spent the day in Boston with her. She's recovering and we're hoping that the margins are clear so she doesn't have to go through radiation.

Haven't worked out yet today but still may as I;m feeling stressed!

Have a wonderful weekend! Anyone have plans?

Diana3271
01-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Check-in: LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Great job on the 2 pounds! That's actually a perfect rate of loss. They say you should look for 1 to 2 pounds per week. You are doing great.

Laura I'm feeling better today. I was feeling pretty wicked yesterday and last Saturday. Last Saturday I could have hurt someone and not had any remorse. :devil: I'm glad your Mom is doing well. I will say a prayer that she does not need radiation, is able to stay as healthy as possible, and recovers quickly. :hug:

Diana3271
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM

I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to workout. I went to my Mom's house to do some more work today. I have actually been up there a few hours each weekend. I can tell that I have made a dent in the stuff. Although, I swear those crazy purses get their freak on while I am away during the week and are multiplying worse than rabbits. :lol: I haven't even attempted to deal with the purses, yet.

teacher1
01-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Laura- praying for your mom

Diana- your post on the purses cracked me up!!!!

Spent the day running errands with the DH. I have PT tomorrow.. off to do my stretches

TurboLaura
01-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Hello! :wave:

Diana, too funny on the purses :) I wonder what music they also play when they're parting :)

Teacher and Diana- thanks for your kind words and prayers for my mom :) She's home now!

Today Combat 30. Getting back on track...missed a lot of workouts last week.

teacher1
01-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi ladies :)

Had PT today & getting frustrated. In the beginning, I saw progress but now not so much :( The PT said another 2 weeks for 2x a week and then we'll see. I know it wouldn't be a quick fix since it's been messed up for a year. Baby steps...

Diana3271
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the Endo. I will report back when I find out the results. My thyroid issues have worsened since my Mom passed away over the Summer. It has caused me to struggle with my weight and it's been very difficult to maintain.

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Today was suppose to be the LM Hiit 1. I didn't have any Hiit, power, or plyo in me tonight. Today is day 9 of TTOM. I needed something fun, so that called for TF!

Laura I think those crazy purses are singing a little Marvin Gaye, Let's Get it On. :rofl:

Teacher Sorry to hear about the frustration. I hoping you will show improvement in the next couple of weeks.

Diana3271
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Quick update from the Endo. My thyroid numbers are still not where she wants them to be. She wants to re-check in 4 months. I am still struggling with my weight, so I told her about my diet and exercise. I wanted to discuss this in case she thought I needed to make some changes. I told her that I normally workout 7 days a week, once in a while I have to miss a day, though. I also told her that I workout 45 minutes to 1 hour a day. She agreed that I cannot increase that any. I told her about my calorie range and that prior to this issue I was still losing in this range. I asked her if I should lower my calories some. She said "No". She said "What I want you to do is to keep doing what you have been doing all along . . and to have patience with yourself." She said that I have been very hypothyroid and my body has been through a lot this year. She also said that once my numbers are right, it still might take a little while for everything to get back in sync.

So, the Dr's advice is to keep doing what I have been doing and to have patience. :D

teacher1
01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Diana- I'm glad you got some answers.... sometimes the hardest thing to do is just keep plugging along. It's good the doctor wants you to stay on the same track. Having TOM for 9 days would make me super moody. Hang in there.

Laura- hi, do you normally workout before or after school?

I did my 20 min bike at the y. My husband and I have been talking about me returning to work next year. We might sell our house since it keeps dropping in value and we want to be closer to work & family. Some days I'm bored and want to be back in the classroom and other days, I want to stay home since we want to start a family. It's hard to know what to do. Of course, teaching jobs mostly start popping up in April and May for the next school year so I have some time. It's been stressing me out a little. I guess the only thing I can do is pray and see what job positions open up.

TurboLaura
01-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey all!

Diana - You're so healthy with eating and working out. It will all even out. I've heard that thyroid numbers can be very tricky...it's quite a balance with meds, right? Can stress also be a factor?

Teacher - keep with the PT. You'll see progress, I know you will. It can be a hard choice to go back to work or not. Perhaps just keep your eyes open and see if the right school comes up. You're right, this is when they will start posting...soon.

I workout in the evenings, always. I just can get up before 5:30 as I tend to be a night person and usually stay up until 11 - 12.

Combat 30 tonight. Did workout today but I have to admit I missed a lot of workouts last week. I feel so much more like me having worked out tonight. Back on track!

Diana3271
01-22-2013, 11:37 PM

Check-In: Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit

I did this workout in place of LM Hiit Shock Plyo. I was going to add on a short cardio workout, but ran out of time because of some computer issues.

This will be a quick post. I had some computer/monitor issues at work today. I tried to address them after we ate dinner. Ugh! But I ended up staying there until 10 PM and still couldn't figure it out. I have a Dell monitor. Something happened over night, who knows what. When it used to go into hibernation mode, the screen could go black. Now the screen will go through the various colors. Meaning the whole screen will be blue, then red, then green, then yellow, etc. The picture is clear but something crazy has happened and I don't don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

The thyroid issue is definitely frustrating. The good thing is that my numbers are coming down. Also, at least I know I'm not doing anything wrong to cause the struggles that I am going through and there are labs/numbers to support me. I was really scared that the Dr. would say cut my calories, but she didn't. I know how I am with food and I don't want to get hungry. The thyroid controls your metabolism and the rate that you gain/lose weight. She said to keep everything the same for now. Actually it seems like in the last year, I have shortened my workouts since some of them were more intense. I don't think making any changes will help in any way since all of this is controlled by my thyroid. :dunno: On the rotation rest days, I will make sure I get the longer cardio workouts in.

Teacher I think praying on it is a good idea. The right path will show itself to you.

Laura We were posting at the same time. :lol: Yes, stress is what caused all of this in the first place. My meds have been regulated for a few years. They were adjusted down with my weight loss. My Mom got sick and passed away and everything got out of whack again. Hopefully things will regulate again. It is so hard trying to maintain since the thyroid is what controls your metabolism.

teacher1
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- I'm no help with computers... I hope it gets fixed soon. Hopefully, your health will calm down... you've had such a busy year with losing your mom and your big trip.

Laura- glad you're feeling back to normal

TurboLaura
01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Hey ladies!

Feeling defeated and sad as mom needs radiation. We're really close and this feels extremely scary. I appreciate you letting me post about things other than working out and eating healthy.

Teacher - how are you feeling today?
Diana - Your numbers will even out...give it some time. You've had and continue to have a lot of stress. Hmm...never seen that before with a monitor...we also have a dell. I've actually learned that you can call dell and more than one time they've connected me to a service person and they've helped without charge. Not sure why...but they have. When I have computer issues I also google the issue and so many times I can find others with the same trouble and some type of solution. Good Luck ;)

Take care ladies. Combat Kata 45 tonight.

teacher1
01-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Laura- I'm so sorry about your mom needing radiation. I'll pray for her.
Your workout sounds fun combat kata :)

I had a NVS tonight- I went out with friends for dinner. This is the first dinner staying on my calorie plan since restarting this Jan 1. We went to Ihop and I got the spinach & tomato omelet & fruit for 330 calories. I topped it with salsa. I was really wanting a waffle but after starting to eat and chatting so much I felt just fine. So it's small but in the past I would have just gotten the waffle and bacon. Baby steps.... making progress. on a side note- I'm a broken record but I miss the workout high!!!! More baby steps- PT tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

Today was a rest day with Combat. I enjoyed my TF workout!

This whole week has been hectic with things. It's like everything has been fighting me. Especially the monitor. It's odd that the picture is beautiful but there is something wrong with the sleep hibernate mode. I did a remote access with Dell. They checked all of the software, settings, and downloaded updates. Everything is fine there. They diagnosed it as the video cable. I looked online at the self diagnosis page this morning before I called Dell. I thought it seemed like the video cable, too. But I don't understand how the video cable can be a problem if the picture is good, etc. I know each of the pens have a different function, but I don't know. It's not absolutely necessary to fix it, but I don't like it not working the way it is supposed to. I will probably get a new cable to see what happens with that.

Laura That's exactly what I did, I called Dell. I am going to try the video cable. We'll see. If it doesn't work, hopefully I can return the cable. :o I'm sorry that your Mom needs radiation, but at least she is getting the treatment that she needs. How many treatments does she need? Keep us updated on how things go. I will definitely say a prayer for your Mom and you. :hug: Please come as post anytime you feel the need. I have done more than my share in my check-ins. I don't have any other family and I think I would have lost my mind if I couldn't post my thoughts here. Sometimes you just need to vent. Noting is going to fix the problem but it just feels better to get it off your chest. Also, sometimes it's harder to talk with people in real life. Hang in there. We are here for you. :hug:

Teacher Awesome job on your dinner. Yes, little steps. You just keep building on that foundation. Do you have an upper body cycle or have access to one. You can crank up the tunes and use that along with the bike and stretches.

teacher1
01-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Diana- I'll have to see if there is an upper body cycle at the y. I'm adding strength exercises with my stretches.

Had PT and they used a ultrasound heat machine thing that is suppose to heat deep in the muscles. The main problem is the muscle around my hip was injured and healed wrong. So now they have to pull away the muscle from the bone and stretch it. Not fun. But the heat thing felt nice.

Today- bike 15.... stretches and strength workouts

TurboLaura
01-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Teacher - nice job with dinner :carrot:!!!! You chose a very healthy option in the face of junk! YAY!! Good workout, too!! YIKES those stretches sound painful.

Diana - :wave: how was your day?

Thanks again, ladies. I appreciate you letting me post my thoughts and worries on my mom. I just can't let this make me go into a tailspin and gain lots of weight. Rudy, my youngest pup, is my shadow dog and is on my lap as I type. He's so comforting :)

Either Combat 30 or 45 tonight....back on "schedule" next week!

Diana3271
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM

Check-In: LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Ouch! That does not sound comfortable at all! Since the heat felt good, have you tried using a heating pad on your own?

Laura I'm doing good and ready for the weekend! How close/far do you live from your Mom?

teacher1
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Laura- how many dogs do you have? If I go back to work next year, I'm going to miss my furkids so much during the day.

Diana- yes, I use a heating pad for 15 minutes 2x a day before the stretches and it feels great.

today- bike 20 min & stretches/strength moves

Diana3271
01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo: I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In:
LM HIIT Shock Plyo w/12's
LM Combat 30 w/weighted gloves

Still not fond of the Shock Plyo. I don't think the Insanity workout is similar either. I think I will continue using the Shock Plyo workout. Ha Ha I guess that's easy to say since I don't have to do it again for a couple weeks. ;)

TurboLaura
01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Hey ladies!! TGIF for SURE! :carrot:

Teacher - great workout :) I hope that the heating pad helped! I have 4 dachshunds! Wally, Sheldon, Sidney and Rudy. They are the best babies :D

Diana - my mom is about 75 miles from me so not too bad. She's really optimistic and positive. WOW - what workouts today :) :bravo:

Combat 30 for me tonight. Hubby wants Chinese....hmmm...will get a low sauce vegetarian dish. TAKE CARE!

teacher1
01-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Laura- wow, 4 furkids... that's a lot of love

Down 1 pounds this week.... not impressive but moving in the right direction

today- bike 20 min

Diana3271
01-26-2013, 10:48 PM
HI Everyone!

Check-In: LS Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves, only cardio portion

Today was suppose to be Combat 30, but I wanted more cardio, so I subbed 60 without the floor work.

Someone, on another forum, in a check-in of mine is facing breast cancer. :( She said that it is low grade and small. I just can't believe all of the incidences of cancer that I am hearing about. It just makes me sad.

Teacher I'm impressed. :D You just keep up the good work. :carrot:

Laura I'm glad your Mom has a good attitude about it all. That's makes a huge difference.

Diana3271
01-27-2013, 09:13 PM

No Workout to report today. I went to my Mom's house, today. It seems like when I go there first, I leave too late to get a workout in.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

Diana3271
01-28-2013, 06:18 PM

Check-In: LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

I was suppose to do Combat 45 but chose the more fun Combat 60.

teacher1
01-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Hi ladies,
I subbed today so no y trips. I have PT tomorrow. Have a great night :)

TurboLaura
01-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey ladies!

Diana - too bad how frequent cancer is, I agree.
Good job with the cardio! I have to do combat 60 this week :)
Teacher - hope that you had a good day subbing! yay on the 1 pound! It's still 1 pound :D

Well, struggled with eating too much and some unhealthy foods last week. Started the combat week 1 schedule over again because I also missed many workouts. I'm still a work in progress but won't give up...EVER! ;)

teacher1
01-29-2013, 05:01 PM
hi ladies!!!

Laura- I've been struggling with food choices the last few days too.

I had PT today and learned some new stretches.

Diana3271
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM

Check-In:
LM Hiit Power w/12's
LM Combat Live 30 w/weighted gloves

Ladies, hang in there with the eating. It's really hard, especially when faced with stress.

TurboLaura
01-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Hey all!

Teacher - I hear ya....100%.

Combat hiit power with 10 pound weights. Quads are ON FIRE!

teacher1
01-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi ladies!!

No bike today... my hip is still sore from PT yesterday. I'm signed up to long term sub all of Feb. in a wild elementary special education class. I'm wondering how my hip will take all the activity. At least Feb. is a short month.

Diana3271
01-30-2013, 10:54 PM

Check-In: JM's BFBM w/#1 hand weights

Laura Are you sore today from the Hiit Power?

Teacher Do you feel that you are now making some progress with your hip?

TurboLaura
01-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey all!

Yesterday was Power kata 45. Diana I was sore but I think this workout helped loosen me up! I usually feel it in my quads the next day. :)
Tonight Combat 60. Haven't done this one yet!

Still having a very hard time with poor food choices. I know the first day totally back on will be hard but that's all it will take. Hate feeling low and I know it's a cycle.

How are you all???? Teacher - best of luck, you will be great :)

teacher1
01-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi ladies :)

Change in plans no long term sub... they wanted to put me in as a para so I declined. It's probably best since my PT takes up so much time. I had PT today and noticed a real difference. There is still a problem area but the big area around it is all healed up. The PT said were now probably at the first problem spot. So more work to be done but slowly seeing some progress :)
I went to the doctor for the woman exam and had blood taken. I'm scared what the results are going to be but must face the facts and move forward. We'll see what happens. Off to work on my teaching application for next year. It's massive, I should have just kept my job :)

Diana3271
01-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi Everyone!

We just got home. We have been at Best Buy. I had had enough of the computer or maybe I should say that the computer had had enough. We took the computer in. The Geek Dude looked at it, plugged it in, and said "this thing is 10 years old". :D Hmm, I told him that I think it is only 7 years old. He said it's 7-10 years old. :D He advised us to look at a new one. So we did. I bought a new all in one, a new printer, and I am having them install/set everything up. I got $50 off the printer and the set up/install for the computer and wireless for everything ended up being $59 after the discount for that. We are scheduled to be up and running on Monday. I am concerned about the new OS. We are used to XP. :o

My friend at the other check-in had her breast cancer surgery today (she had a lumpectomy). She is back home and doing well.

Check-in:
LM Combat 30 w/weighted gloves
Cathe Hard Strikes w/weighted glove

Laura It could be hormones for you. Hang in there. How is your Mom doing?

Teacher I am so glad to hear that you see some progress! :carrot: What are you scared about from your exam/labs? Are you suspicious that something is wrong? :?: I sure hope not.

Diana3271
01-31-2013, 11:55 PM
Where did January go? ;)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/274750-february-2013-turbo-fire-more-check.html