Weight Loss Support - Weighty Issues #3

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #3

angieME
05-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Welcome to the Weighty Issues thread! We are a group of women who are trying to get through every day life with the help of each other. No topics are off limits, we discuss everything. If it wasn't for these girls I probably wouldn't be here trying to get healthy.

I thought I would start a new thread since it is the first day of the month.

:dizzy:

Kempyd
05-01-2003, 11:45 AM
I can't believe May is here already. Where in the world is this year going?

Jen that sounds so cool (yesterday). I love to see birds around. We have a family of woodpeckers that lives in a tree right behind my house. I like to sit on the deck and watch them walk around on the tree. I also have 5 hummingburd feeders. They havn't all shown back up but last year I had about 20 if not more everyday.

I can't really talk long. I have to be the mean ole' collection lady. Today is our billing day and I have to go after the dead beats that think they don't have to pay us. I actually have to send someone to collections for $75, isn't that sad?

melekalikimaka
05-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Happy May Day Chickies. Boy how time flies when you're having fun. I tallied my miles walked for April and according to my records I walked 84.25 miles--can you believe it? That's 3.5 miles almost daily. :dancer: I'm gonna try for 85 this month.

Angie I showed Rick your new picture and he said, "how is Theresa doing?" :lol: See? Even he thinks you look like our old friend. I need to go and see if I can dig up an old high school picture of her, she had the same hair too. Maybe that's why I took to you right away :lol:, I felt like I knew you already.

Kempy, having a good day :s: ? Ahhh, sometimes I miss making collection calls. I wear that ***** hat quite well ya know :p . I can't believe I did that full time for over 6 years!!! I think the least amount of money I sent someone in for was about $70, so I know how you feel.

Jen, pelicans huh? I've never seen a real one in my life...well, maybe at a zoo, but it was so far away from me I wasn't really impressed. I imagine they must be a sight to see especially if there were a whole flock of 'em. That must've been a great experience for you. I saw an almost all red cardinal this morning, and that was something special since we hardly have those around our parts. We changed the bird feed so it's attracting more than just finches and sparrows (boring) . Are you enjoying your time off yet?

Sandy, hope you find us here and just think, tomorrow afternoon you'll be on your way to FUN!

:wave: Hey to everyone else...have a great day all.

angieME
05-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Kempy, I love hummingbirds. I should fill up my feeder and see if mine comes back. He usually does the first day I fill it. He drives the cats bananas. HEHE

Noelle, way to go on the walking!! I have never added up the miles for a month but since I can walk almost every day now I should try it. It would be neat to know.

Sandy, If I don't get a chance to talk to ya before you leave...HAVE FUN!!! Drink extra for me. I want to see pics!! :lol:

Jen, How is your day going? Did you see the pelicans again today?

I had better go do some elliptical. It is so cold outside today and dark. I hate this weather. I want sunshine again. BooHoo.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Well, today has been a pretty good day so far. Took 1/2 of the final last night and the other 1/2 just a little while ago. I wished I would have done better, but it's over now. Time to relax for while...what will I do with all that extra time :dizzy: I was only able to get in a little over a mile so far today, it's getting ready to rain here. Hopefully it will get it over with so I can take my kids on the path, They would really dig the birds. So no, I haven't seen them yet today, maybe later. This time though I'm taking my camera. I have got to het pictures of them. Also went tanning, I know it's not that great for your skin, but if i don't get some kind of base tan, I will burn all summer, even with the sunscreen (usually because I forget to put it on myself....always remember the kids, but never myself :shrug: )

Starting next week....it's spring cleaning time. Now I've got the extra hours, I'm going ot get everything done that I have been thinking about. And we're planning a trip to South Dakota in the motor home in June so that will be nice. My daughter has never been there, and I think mysister is going so we'll have to be sure to hit all the monuments. I think I'll take my son horseback riding (if they can hold all my weight :lol: )

Well I guess I'll be off, have to clean up the kitchen a bit before starting dinner. Hope you all have a great evening. Talk to you soon!!!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-02-2003, 01:05 AM
Hello girls,

I hope you all are having a good evening. Just checking in real quick tonight. I got out for another walk after dinner tonight for a total of 3.6 miles today. YAY!!!! It is so nice walking in the evening. I'm going to love this. Checked on the birds and they weren't there:( I hope they come back. Well that's it for now, you allhave a good night and a great Friday!!!! Talk to you all tomorrow.

angieME
05-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Way to go Jen an all the walking!!! I love to walk, I could do it all day.

I am off to the doctors to see if I have strep throat. I don't want to take a chance on it getting worse and having to sit in the ER for 2 hours on a weekend. My throat feels like it has a big lump in it. YUCK!!! I was going to make lowfat taco salad for supper tonight too. Shoot!!

I haven't gotten any exercise in today. I was planning on taking a walk after my appointment but it started to pour out after I got out of the shower. Maybe I can sneak in while Jay is cooking and do something. I feel guilty if I skip it.

How is everyones week going? Are we all doing well?

angieME
05-02-2003, 12:46 PM
I am back from the doctors and it is strep. YUCK!!! I almost made it through a whole winter without a cold. I had him give me a prescription for Diflucan too just incase I get a yeast infection from the antibiotics. AND... I even came home and did my usual morning workout so I am pretty happy.

Where is everyone? I miss chatting all the time. I hope you all have a great weekend.

melekalikimaka
05-02-2003, 03:26 PM
TGIF! Hello everyone. Happy Friday indeed! (Guess what the name of that color is, it's "chocolate" :lol: although it looks more like a pumpkin to me :shrug: )

Angie sorry to hear that it is strep, at least you're getting medicated early + you worked out anyway--WTG! My throat is feeling much better but I keep getting the "frog in my throat" voice and have to keep clearing it. ahem, ahem... Rick was heading out to work this morning and he decided to wear a different pair of work boots. When he stuck his foot in one of 'em he felt something inside--it was a toad :p . The shoe and toad went flying into the yard and he decided to wear his regular pair of shoes instead :lol: . So we're a pair aren't we? Frog in my throat and toad in his shoe :rolleyes: .

Jen a road trip to SD, sounds like fun. Your kids will have a blast. You must take pictures and post them when you get back. When my dad retired from the military (way back in '73--before you were born) we drove from AR to CA, then got the car shipped to HI. Of course I don't remember any of this as I was a year and a half old, but I have some old, grainy pictures that tell the tale. Have a great time.

Sandy, :goodvibes: got your wine ready? Camera? Sleeping bag? (did ya empty it out first? :lol: ) Have a great weekend.

Kempy any luck getting those dollars in?

Well, gotta go and actually do some work...check back w/ya gals later.

angieME
05-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Tell Rick to be glad it wasn't a BIG spider!! :lol: My brother in Law had that happen one morning when my husband worked with him in the woods. GROSS!!!

How are you doing Jen and Noelle? I think Sandy and Kempy took off for the weekend.

It figures that when I want the doctors to weigh me they don't but when I weighed 265 pounds they made me step on the scales every time.

Jay told me today at work that he doesn't think I need to lose any more weight. he said I looked perfect to him. He is so sweet and I can't even thank him because I have strep throat. HAHA

Well, I will check in tomorrow with my weight. Let's hope it is a loss.

melekalikimaka
05-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Hey Angie, I was gonna ask you if you got weighed at the drs. but you already answered my question...I would've ASKED to get weighed, haha. And BTW, you could give Jay a hug ya know, no oral contact required :devil: :lol: ! *sigh* that is such a great compliment to get from one's hubby... Good luck on your weigh in and I'm sure you'll have some great results. I declined the challenge this time around to relieve myself of a little stress. I will still weigh in on Saturday's but post my loss in my journal or on this thread. Maybe next month I'll jump back on board again. I'm maintaining this week so that's fine.

My son told me the other day and it totally floored me, "you look skinny mommy" --I kid you not. I an FAR from skinny but in his eyes I must've shrunk down a lot. This was just something he said while we were eating dinner together. I got up and hugged him so tight, it was so flattering (though not true) :lol: . He's my :bb: .

Jen how are you spending this free day?

Have a great weekend everybody.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Hi Angie and Noelle,

Tried to get on here and post earlier but I just when I thought I could something else came up. After I got my son to school, I actually got to sleep in for awhile. It was so nice not to have to rush around and get things done before leaving for class.

Angie: I'm so sorry it's strep, I hope you feel better soon. Just make sure to take it easy for the next couple of days. And how sweet is Jay!!!!! I hope I have someone who will say that to me. That was so cute.:)

Noelle: Your son is such a darling, they always seem to know what will make moms heart melt for them. You must be looking pretty good for a child to notice. Good Job!!!

I was actually able to get out for a 3.2 mile walk today. Although I didn't do too wellon the eating part. Most of the day went okay but then the family rered pizza, and since that is one of my favorites I had a little too much4 pieces, but they were small(ish). I guess I better strap on those shoes and walk, walk, walk tomorrow:) That Zumba Fitness (latin dance aerobics) class starts tomorrow morning, but now I'm starting to get nervous. I'm worried I'm going to be the biggest person there, and make a total *** out of myself. So I guess I need to make a decision soon :chin:

Well I guess I'm off, I'll check in tomorrow morning or afternoon depending on what time my sons soccer game is over.....Go Bears!!!!! Talk to you later. Have a great Saturday!!!!!

P.S. Good luck to both of you tomorrow at your weigh in :lucky: I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!!! :crossed:

angieME
05-03-2003, 09:38 AM
I am in the 140's finally!!! I actually had to check the scale a few times to be sure because I was shocked. 147 1/2 pounds. It seems like it took forever to be in the 140's. I thought I would have been there last month with no luck.

Noelle, Your son is so sweet. My kids do that too. Kids tell it like they see it. You don't look big to me either!!

Jen, That is okay with the pizza. If it was me I would have sent Jay to the store for cookies because I would figure why not. So I think you did great stopping there. Plus, Ya had to get full sometimes. I don't ever seem to get full feeling. I eat alot of veggies and stuff but sometimes I miss the full feeling. Until I mess up bad and eat so much I am sick. :lol:

Have a good weekend girls!!

melekalikimaka
05-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Wooo-Hoooo Angie, you go girl! 140's!!! I love positive scale shock :lol: .

Jen how did your Zumba class go? Hope you liked it. You're doing this for your health and not for anyone elses viewing pleasure (unless you want it to be that way :D) ) . Let us know how the soccer game turned out...Bears all the way!!!

Well Rick got home early yesterday so we all went for a walk which was great. You're so lucky Angie to have Jay for company on yours. When we got home we decided to go to the X-2 movie which was pretty darn cool. My son fell asleep about 30 minutes into it (he walked 3/4 of the walk himself) . I ate popcorn and when I got home I ate a malassada w/chocolate pudding in it :ink: . I stopped at one when here were 6 more in the box so there was something a little positive about the whole ordeal :lol:. As I was eating it the chocolate filling squirted out and onto my new white blouse, serves me right though huh? I am so rotten too, when I took the first 2 bites I tried to have Rick eat the rest of it and he refused. So I finished it. I had to make him follow me upstairs into the laundry room to make sure I didn't head back into the kitchen and sneak another one. :rolleyes: I still have moments of "sneak" eating. It's terrible.

I weighed this morning and it's wavering between 169 and 170, but I don't want to say I'm in the 160's yet because it's the weekend and y'all know what happens to me on the weekends (:chef: :flame: :cbg: ) . I KNOW next week I will be. My nieces b-day party is this afternoon and my son is so looking forward to dressing up as the king. I'll get my digital and take a few pics. Have a great weekend folks.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Hey Girls,

I hope you both had a good Saturday.

Angie: That's great!!! 140's!! That just helps remind me what I'm going for.

Noelle: Can't wait to see your son as the king. I have been thinking about taking my son to go see X2. He really liked the first one. Maybe some time during the week.

Well you may already know, but I completely chickened out about going to the class. I am goign to go next Saturday though. I was looking so forward to it, and then at the last minute, I just couldn't do it. :( I did get a walk in for 4.2 miles, so that was good, and 120 oz of water. Woo Hoo!!! We just got done watching Gladiator, and I'm bawling my eyes out. My sons team lost their game today. So we have to work on sportsmanship issues. They didn't like it that they lost.

Well I think I'm out of here for now. I'll check back in tomorrow morning. You guys have a wonderful Sunday!! Talk to you later.

angieME
05-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Good Morning!!

Noelle, I bet that pissed you off when the malassada squirted on you. Did you get the stain out? I hardly ever wear white because I have to work in the bakery 6 days a week and I would definately be covered in glaze and jelly and chocolate dip. :lol:I will sneak eat too. I never paid attention to it until i found 3FC but now I catch myself every once in a while when Jay leaves going to the kitchen and nibbling. I cant wait to see pics from the birthday party. I bet your son is so excited. You better get some pics of yourself too. Everytime you change your avatar you look so thin. I want to see a new one.

Good Luck today staying on track. You can do it!!

Jen, Good for you!! I hope you go next Saturday. I know how you feel about chickening out. I do the same thing all the time. CONGRATS on the walking though. That is great!! You will lose weight just by walking. Me and Noelle pretty much only walk and it is working. That is too bad your sons team lost. Maybe next time.

Well, I gotta go make Jay walk me. :lol: Have a great day and I'll be back later.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-05-2003, 01:34 AM
Hi gals!!

I hope you both had an awesome Sunday. Today wasn't such a good day. The only good thing that came today was that I managed to drink all my water. My dad is going in for a minor procedure on Tuesday and he can't eat anyhting for 2 days 1 day before and the day of, so I made my famous Mexican Chicken Casserole (well it's not really famous but it's darn good) And I ate enough to make me sick. I guess that's what I get for not taking the time out to eat during the day. :nono: No walk either, no time for it today. :( I'm going to have to kick butt tomorrow, walk alot plus that kickboxing starts and I had to pay for that one so I definately have to go.:) Okay......Just a minor setback right?!

UGH!! Tomorrow is weigh in day :yikes: Wish me luck!!! :crossed: I'll check in tomorrow morning, you guys have a goodnight and an awesome Monday!!!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-05-2003, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Chickadees!!!!!

Hope you all are having a good morning so far. Just a quick check in for now, busy day awaits. I'm happy to report a 3 pound loss this week. YAY!!!:cp: even after the :moo: episode last night. Well I think I better get started on the cleaning. I have to do my sons room. I have been telling him to clean it for a week now (it is a complete disaster area, you can't even see the floor there's so much junk) But he refused. When he messes it up like that I usually make him clean it thinking that he might not make it like that again if he has to spend an entire afternoon cleaning. But it didn't work this time. And instead of arguing with him about it, I'm going to clean it myself. That way I can throw out things he hasn't touched for a couple months. I'm sure he won't even notice. I never did when my mom cleaned my room when I was a kid (I think I did the same thing) Now it will be cleaned my way. He is such a Pack Rat. Runs in the family, comes from my dad's side.

Sandy & Kempy: How were your weekends away? I hope you had a good time!!!

Well so much for quick!! I'll check back in later!!!! Happy Cinco De Mayo!! MY kids are 1/2 hispanic so we make it a point to celebrate mexican holidays as well. Bye!!

angieME
05-05-2003, 11:24 AM
JEN, YEAH on your loss!!!Great job!!! My kids are pack rats too. and the twins share a room so I try to make them keep it clean but after a while I get sick of it and I do the same thing. They save gum wrappers for crying out loud!!! :lol:

Kempy and Sandy, How was your vacations? Fun I hope.

Noelle, How did you do this weekend? Have a good time?

I did a walk already but I want to squeeze in a few more since I think it is supposed to rain this week.

Sandy, Did you hear that the Old Man of the Mountain collapsed Saturday? That must be wierd to drive down the road and there isn't a face there anymore.

Kempyd
05-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Hey guys! I am back from Florida. I don't have time to chat I just wanted to let you know that I was still alive.

I'll check back in later. :wave:

angieME
05-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Duh, I must be totally dense. I didn't know you went to Florida Kempy. I just thought you went to the beach. Did ya have a good time. I would love to go to Florida someday. My in laws own some land there, now if they would just build on it so I would have a free place to stay. :lol:

Sandy and Noelle, Where are ya?

Jen, You must be in heaven getting on the scales and seeing 3 pounds gone!!! YEAH!!!!

melekalikimaka
05-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey ladies.

Kempy I didn't know you went to Florida either...I wanna go to Universal Studios Orlando and check out the new Jimmy Neutron ride simulator thing... what are you guys doing down there? Business or pleasure?

Angie/Sandy sorry to hear you may be getting more rain. I have more sunshine than I need here--can you say SUNBURN? What's Old Man of the Mountain? Is it a profile of a head or the entire body? We have something called The Sleeping Giant on Kauai, a moutain range which has the head to toe profile of a "giant" laying down. We also have a mountain w/ John F. Kennedy's profile. Interesting things you can see on landscapes huh?

WooHoo Jen! Congrats on 3 lbs gone! :cb: Melting away. I think we as Americans should all celebrate Cinco de Mayo since it's when Mexicans and Americans banded together to kick some French booty (yet again :lol: ) . Just kidding! I love Mexican food and magaritas too :T: .

I had to clean my son's room up yesterday too since my 4 y.o. niece came over to play and they turned his room upside down in a matter of hours. At least that was a bit of exercise--physical and patience. Oh yeah, my digital camera ran out of batteries before I could get a pic of the kids at the b-day party so I'll try and snap a pic of my son w/his costume on (since he loves to wear it EVERYDAY after he takes a bath) once I get the batteries recharged.

Well, gotta use this computer for a little work, I'll check back w/ya gals later. Have a great day.

angieME
05-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Old Man of the Mountain is the profile of a mans face on the side of a cliff. It is on the New Hampshire quarter. It has been there forever and it just fell apart this weekend. I am glad I took the kids to see it before it fell(even if they may not remember)

The birthday party was this weekend? I had it in my head it was net weekend.Did you guys have fun. I still want to see him in his costume. I'll bet he is a cutie.

I did 6 miles today. We are gonna start to do three miles in the morning and 3 miles after supper to make it easier. It was so nice out today.

Well, I am off to get a popsicle. Talk to you all in the morning.

peekabooangel
05-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey chicks,
Found ya again. I must have gotten lost before I left? I don't know, but I was really busy the end of last week and we left early friday, so please excuse my absence.

I had a blast on girls weekend away. There ended up being 16 of us that went. Have you ever had a grown up slumber party? OMG, I have never heard the word sex and penis and all the others that go with them so much in 3 days in my life. But, I would not trade this memorable weekend for a thing! I think I drank more than I have ever drank and had big hang over on Saturday. I went to bed around 12 on Friday night/sat morn? Then up at 5 am....I think I was still 1/2 in the bag? Anyway, we had fun and I drank and ate to no end. I totally lost control of the food thing and had things I would not even think of eatting at home....like the peanut m&m's (lots of them) and cake, and ring dings, hamburgers hotdogs....regular chips....OMG you name it I ate it and the poor scale is telling me I am up 7 lbs...but that could be due to the salt and alcohol? But, I will take it back off! I'm not gonna dwell on it or get upset cause I had me too good of a time to let that piss me off. Have you girls had jello shots? OMG, if you want the recipe I will post it, they are great and well you gotta be careful, you keep going and going and before you know it your way over the limit...LOL...but having too much fun to stop.

We did see a Maine black bear in a field. It was so neat seeig one in the wild, and knowing he/she had never been in a cage. It was in a field eatting something, but I was not getting to close, but got it on video. I will have to wait for pics to see if anyone got any, I forgot the camera this weekend and only took the video.

Angie: I heard about the "Old Man" today. That is really sad, its like history gone. Evan got to see it when he was little, don't think he remembers, but we have pics here at the house somewhere, I will see if I can find one and post it.

Well girlies, I have so much to catch up on so I will close out now and be back laters......Hugs to you all.

Oh one more thing....Angie...I wanted you to know I noticed you were in the 140's before I even read your post and was so happy for you!!! Congrats....

Everyone that lost, I am clapping for joy for you too!!!!

Kempy: I did not realize you were off to Florida either?

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Well hello girls!!!

Checking in one last time today. I hope everybody had a good day!!! I went to the kickboxing class, not what I expected, but I felt a little out of my league for lack of a better term. I'm hoping on Wednesday it won't be so bad. I'm just usually pretty shy to begin with, and after a while you can't get me to shut up.:lol: But my sister is going with me next time so that will help. But I am for sure going to Zumba on Saturday, and once I get my swimsuit :yikes: I'm going to a water step class. I got in 2 miles after dinner tonight, but my kids and I got stuck in the rain so I had to cut it short.

Eating was okay, although I felt bad for my dad....he was sitting there, and was not allowed to eat anything at all because if the procedure tomorrow morning. Nothing for him all day.

I also cleaned my sons room taoday. It took me 2 hours, that is how bad it was. I got 3 yard/lawn trash bags of crap out of there. He had stuff hidden in all his drawers that he doesn't have clothes in, stuff under his bed, not to mention ground in popcorn kernals. Paper everywhere, toys that were broken, gum wrappers that he said he was saving (why in the world would you save gum wrappers (sound familiar Angie) popsicle wrappers that he thought were cool, plain old river rocks that he took out of peoples yards, glittler all over the floor, broken crayons. You name it, it was in there. I was expecting to see, somekind of goblin or something living in the filth. At least I know he would have been safe, if anyone would have ever broken into the house and went to his room, the burglar would fall and break his neck before he got to the bed. I know I almost did last night. And you know what the worst of it was, he made it that way in 2 days. It's usualyy got a little mess that I tell him to pick up before it gets out of hand, but he never listens. Obviously.

Okay sorry for the novella!!!:dizzy: I'm almost done.

Sandy: It sounds like you had so much fun. I need to totally get away.

You too Kempy, I love it in Florida. I wouldn't mind living there, but I'm not sure I could get used to the humidity.

I didn't know what Man of the Mountain was either. My news station said something about it, but I didn't cat ch the whole story. It was a short one right befreo the major story of the jackass who went hiking here by himself and a boulder fell on his arm. And in the end he had to cut his own arm off with a pocket knife. I may osund uncaring, but if he was such an experianced hiker, he should have known NOT to go hiking by himself especially in a place like where he went. They are making him out to be some kind of hero, because he was STUPID. I am so tired of hearing about it on the news, sorry.

Okay I'm done, talk to you all tomorrow. Good night and a great Tuesday!!!

Well I'll be back tomorrow. Good

angieME
05-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Good Morning!! We just got back from a 3 mile walk. I feel it in the morning. In the afternoon I could walk and walk and walk but in the morning it tuckers me out.

Sandy, I would love the recipe for Jello shots. I have never had them. My moms best friend used to do the watermelon bowl with the fruit soaked in alcohol and of course me and my sister would try to sneak a piece. HAHA

I tried to get my mom,sis and moms best friend together for a night in Portland and a shopping spree in the Maine Mall but we can't get a weekend to do it. My sis works at the hospital and she has every other weekend off and there is something coming up each time. We will probably have to wait until fall to do it. It gets too busy for us during the summer. Not now though, I swear I only work 3-4 hours a day. I shouldn't complain I guess but I can't wait until summer for summer money.

I am glad you had a good time. We missed ya.

Jen, I am shy too. I can't make myself just go up and talk to a person or anything like that. Could be why I have lived here 7 years and still don't know anyone.In my defense the ones I have met turned out to be two faced so that doesn't help. :lol:

Your sons room sounds VERY familiar. I don't remember being a packrat like that but oh boy aren't my kids bad about keeping junk,rocks,sticks,etc. Glad you got it cleaned up even for a week. hehe

I gotta go write my journal, I'll be back later.

peekabooangel
05-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey Angie,
I forgot to tell you, we were in Bangor on Sunday. We stopped at Dysarts for lunch/supper. I thought of you while I was there and wondered how far away you were? I know Bangor is a big place. Anyway, from Dysarts to my house its about 1 1/2-2 hours drive depending on construction and traffic. I would love to get together with you sometime, that would be way to cool!!!!

Ok heres the jello shot recipe (I think Rum works the best) and buy the cheap stuff cause it works just a good as the baccardi.

Mix together....
1pkg of jello (any flavor) black cherry is great!
1 cup hot water....

to that add....
3/4 cup ginger ale
2/3 cup of alcohol

pour into little plastic cups (like medicine cups) you can get them at a pharmacy I think, or maybe you can get them through one of your distributors Angie.

then put in fridge and let chill till set and enjoy!!!! Each box makes about 20-22 shots depending on the medicine size cup and how full you fill them, we fill them almost to the top....

Good luck

angieME
05-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Sandy, Isn't Dysart's food awesome!! I haven't been there since I ran away when I was 14 but I do remember how good the food was. (I was a little bit of a problem child. :lol:) I actually ride by there to go from Bangor to Newport every Saturday. Newport is about 30 minutes from my house and Bangor is about 50 minutes away. You were pretty close.

I would love it if we could all go on a vacation somewhere together to meet. That would be so much fun. Do like Noelle said and sample everyones native food. hehe

How far from your house is the Maine Mall? I have never actually been there shopping but I did sit in the parking lot till midnight one night waiting for some people from Berwick to come pick up their dog that I had tried to foster(Until she attacked Rebel one night while he was sleeping between us). I wished I drove. I would come down to see you in a heartbeat.

Is it raining there? It just started to here and it is pouring out. Good thing Jay dragged me around the block twice already.

angieME
05-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the recipe maybe I'll make them for the pool party we do for me,mom and the twins birthday.(we also have Jay's and my dad's birthday and my parents anniversary in there too.) Get everyone done together.

peekabooangel
05-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Angie,
It's about an hour to the Maine Mall from here. Newport???did I drive through that this weekend?? Nope don't think so...
Yes, it is pouring here, I did get in a small walk and am gonna do my WATP tape in a bit.

Jello shots: sometimes in the summer we make the kids some of their own too, we keep them seperate by putting black dots on the bottom of the cups or designating the kids shots as a certain color.

melekalikimaka
05-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Just got in to work myself and needed to catch up w/my girls before diving into this mountain of paperwork.

I'm slipping and sliding gals. I've been eating a lot of crap lately--my regular meals are ok, it's the chocolate attacks that I've been having. It's not even PMS time either. I'll never bet below 170 if I keep this up. Let's see, I ate an espresso fudge pie ice cream cone yesterday (after lunch) , some peanut m&m's, and some corn chips w/salsa (after dinner). I haven't journalled either--both because I don't wanna account for what I'm eating and I'm kind of lazy...I'll get back on the wagon, I know I will--and I haven't given up, it's just that I feel like cruising a little bit. I need to get that "click" back. It's weird because my butt/hips have finally come into proportion w/my bust. I measured yesterday and I got an inch of my butt/hips from 2 mos. ago. When I started measuring in January til now, I haven't lost anything off the top--it's just as well too because there's not much there to begin with. Now if only I could get my calves to slim down. Any ideas on how to do that? Oh yeah, can someone kick my @ss into gear again?

Sandy glad to hear you had a great time. Post pictures if you get some.

Jen I'm hoping your motivation rubs off on me. I need some.

Angie even though I'm in my office from 8-4 I usually only work 3-4 hours a day too :lol: . The rest of the time I'm fooling around here :sssh: .

angieME
05-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Noelle, You sound like you are going through the same thing I did a few weeks ago. I just ate whatever I had been craving and when I had run out of Items to crave I just wanted to get back on track. It sucks when that happens too. I hope you get your click real soon. I know you can do it. You inspire me too you know, whenever I am off track you always help to bring me back to my senses.

angieME
05-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Kempy, WHERE ARE YOU???? They working you too hard?

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Hi girls,

Just a quick one, hope you all had a good day. I was cleaning all day today so I actually forgot to eat, can you believe that I forgot to eat. I had some sushi for lunch and then wasn;t hungy until dinner, then woofed down a burger and abot 10 fries. Bummer. I got in a 3 mile walk, but now my legs hurt really bad, all of a suddent they are really stiff. I don't really think I wanted to go today, but I knew I had to. So enough about me.

Noelle: I know exactly how you feel. But you and everybody here are MY inspiration. So keep up the great work.

Sandy: Thanks for the jello shot recipe. I tried to make them before but I used 1/2 water and 1/2 tequilla. Nothing else. Let me tell you, they were AWFUL. They were so strong, but everybody ate them, got a few people pretty sloshed. :)

Angie: You are so AWESOME. I wish I could get myself to do 6 miles a day, everyday.

Well I'm off, I think I'm going to soak my feet after a couple other posts. You gals have agood night and a good day tomorrow!!!

melekalikimaka
05-07-2003, 04:39 AM
Jen I ate a burger today too, and it wasn't even worth the "cheat" . Oh well, tomorrow's another day right? Here's hoping we all have a good one.

angieME
05-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Good Morning!! Has anyone seen the commercial for the Uo Oh Oreos!! Them *******s!!! I have been craving them ever since I saw the commercial. I am trying to resist. Since I don't have to go to the grocery store until Saturday I should be fine.

How are you doing Noelle? I hope you can get your groove back real soon. I know Mothers Day is kinda mentally screwing with me. It is a holiday and food is usually involved. I don't want to mess up though. I just hit the numbers I wanted to see so I don't really want to mess with it BUT... we all know what happens on the spur of the moment. I will have to try really hard.

Jen, I didn't get in 6 miles yesterday. It rained until like 8 at night so I only did the 3 which is still pretty good but I should have done the elliptical at night or something. I did clean though..Not that you can tell after the dogs drag in mud and leaves :lol: .

melekalikimaka
05-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey Angie, I haven't seen the commercial but I have seen them in the store. Oreos are EVIL. Especially the mint ones. And if you watch the Food Channel w/Emeril Lagasse you know that he keeps his Oreos in the freezer--mint works especially well for this. OMG, so good. Last night on the Food Channel they had a segment on Food Finds in Portland, ME. They showed the Harbor Fish Market, some mushroom guy and Guzman's fruit salsa. Have you ever had the fruit salsa? I've never heard of it but think I would try it at least once.

Well it feels like it's gonna be an on-track day for me, of course, it's only 8:25 a.m., but I must think positive right? It's been rainy again and humid, but I still go out walking since it's not really a downpour. I think I'll try some weights again, gotta try and firm up these arms and legs.

Jen, jello shots w/tequila? I hope it was lime flavored :lol: . I think rum would work initially, then after you get a little sloshed the flavor wouldn't matter :lol: . We've made atomic watermelons before (watermelon soaked w/vodka)...I wonder if that would work w/watermelon jello? Just a thought.

How're you doing today Sandy? Any funny stories you can share about your weekend or is it all a hazy blur? :D

Kempy where are ya? Still in FL? Gosh i need a vacation too.

I gotta run and get some work done so I can goof off for the rest of the afternoon. Have a good day.

angieME
05-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Noelle, I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. The food channel is evil. :lol: I try not to watch it too much because I always want to eat when I do. I love the baking shows. Nope never had fruit salsa. Did it look good?

Where the heck is Kempy? Check in girl. You are starting to worry me.

peekabooangel
05-07-2003, 04:28 PM
You asked for a funny story??? OMG, do I dare tell you all, you will think OMG what kind of people does this chick hang with. Then you will realize that most of them were family and the most perverted ones were family....LOL, but I had a great time.

Okay here goes......My husbands grandfathers girlfriend went with us, anyway so did some of the aunts well one aunt asked the grandpa to make a wooden (winkey/penis, what ever you want to use for a name) OMG he whittled this penis out of this big piece of wood, it must have been 20" long and 10" around. OMG she wandered on out of the livingroom and said I give this award to.......and we all cracked up laughing.....you can use your imagination. Then this same girl, well she comes out a while later wearing an apron with a towel on it, no one thought anything of it. Well pretty soon she pretends to sneeze and grabs for the towel and exposes???? What do you think????? It was a knee high nylon stuffed and sewn to look like a penis and big at that balls and all :lol: even had black fuzzy hair. So we had to pass this around, cause she said boy you can feel like a man wearing this. You know, how a man will scratch this area or grab it....lOl so we all did and I got it all on video and have told these poor woman that I can now black mail them....:devil: . So now, stories.....LOL how was that one?

Okay we had tequila ones too/ I think we forgot the ginger ale on those ones, but what do you expect a bunch of drunks making them.....LOL.....and yes we used lime jello for them. Noelle, I have had the watermellon ones before too and they are good.

Hugs,

peekabooangel
05-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Angie: Hey there chicky.....you were posting the same time I was. Oreos......evil evil evil :devil: . I've even had the fudge covered ones, OMG they are bad bad bad. And one of my friends this weekend brough ring dings and put them in the freezer and OMG they were so good. But thats all over, I am back on plan for the past 3 days. Today sofar I have had 4 pts, and am allowed up to 33....so doing good.

angieME
05-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Alright Sandy. You are doing so good!!! I like your story. My dad is a perv and I think Alicia(My twin girl) inherited it from him. She has already had me tell her about sex and she has a dirty little mind. The other night we were watching tv and Corey(the boy twin) says something about a wet dream. I said WHAT?? Evidently my oldest daughter Brit told them about wet dreams because she says they learned about it in health class. (YEAH RIGHT!!! :lol: ) So I had to explain to him what it was. Silence.... a few minutes later Alicia speaks up and says wow, I guess when I am having my period then Corey can have his wet dreams. I almost peed myself laughing.

When they went to my moms a few weeks ago they went to KI(Katahdin Ironworks in the woods) gold panning. Dad had to pee so he went into the woods to pee and my little perv(Alicia) had to watch him out the car window so she says to mom"Boy, Mimmie Bees must really be cold out there he is shaking" Mom almost peed herself and told dad what she had said when he got back in the car. He says no I was just shaking hands with an old friend. hehe

angieME
05-07-2003, 04:43 PM
My favorite junk food is Suzie Q's. I have actually sat down and ate a whole box alone in one night. As a matter of fact it was the night before I decided to lose my weight the first time. I got so full and it just clicked right there and I said I am gonna kill myself with food if I keep this up. The next day I started my diet and stayed with it until I hit 130 pounds. I never messed up that time but I think I am learning that it is okay to let go once in a while as long as I get back on track. Guess who showed me that? All of you guys!!!

PS: I havent had another one since that night either. It is the one food I refuse to eat ever. Strange I know.

melekalikimaka
05-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Oooh Sandy you guys are funny! I can just picture all of you rolling around on the ground laughing. Now I can ask you "how're they hanging" and you can answer me w/experience :devil: . Sounds like something my family would do. I remember once at my sisters wedding shower, my aunt and grandmother corroborated on a gift for my sister. My grandmother must've been in her mid 70's already, but she got a shoe box and got a cucumber (a large one) and two tangerines w/some easter grass. My aunt placed it in the box in just the right way (if you know what I'm getting at) and grandma wrapped the box neatly in a paper w/a pretty bow. Well here my sister is thinking it's a nice prim and proper gift from grandma but when she opens the box, there's the phallic fruit and veggies :lol: . My own mother was a little shocked. That was priceless. I bet we women are naughtier than men when we get together huh? For some reason I don't think men who go camping would wear or even fabricate for that matter, a pair of fake boobs or vaginas :lol: , but who knows? hehe, I'm still laughing about the visuals.

angieME
05-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Jay made a donut peepee once for a girl who worked with us. It had "glaze" and everything. haha After that we actually had to make one to sell too. Someone actually wanted one.

melekalikimaka
05-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Ok, now you just made me remember a time when i was about 15 or 16--my friends and I were naughty party girls and we were throwing a b-day party for one of my girlfriends. Someone had made a sheet cake and frosted it. After we had eaten half of it, I proceeded to form the remainder of the cake into a rather large phallic symbol (I was a drunk wild child *gasp!*), poured some Jack Daniels on it and proceeded to light the whole thing on fire...Needless to say I don't even touch alcohol anymore, save for the occasional maragarita once a year or so. I got all of that partying out of my system early--thank GOD!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-07-2003, 05:49 PM
:lol: :lol: You guys are funny:lol: :lol: And I thought I was a perv.:lol: We don't do much other than talk, but occasionally a couple friends and I will go to The Porn shop and look around. It's a huge store called Fascinations. They have samples and everything. I did buy a cake mold of a winky, willy, Russel the Love Muscle, Jack the one eyed wetb**k (that was my ex-husband favorite) or whatever you call it for my friends party. The resturant wouldn't let it stay though I had to take back out to the car. She had fun hacking up into pieces.

I love oreos,:devil: I hadn't even thought about them until you guys said something. And Noelle, I had never tried them after being in the freezer. Now that's all I can think about:faint: It's raining here, and tonight I'm actually going to have to skip the kickboxing I think. My son has a soccer BBQ tonight at the same time. BBQ another :devil: Hopefully it will clear up enough to get at least a walk in later today. :crossed:

Never tried lime jello with those nasty jello shots I made, but then again I don't remember much. All I remember is I had 200 of those little dixie cups full of tequila jello in different flavors.

Well After cleaning all day again, I need to go get in the shower. Talk to you all later. Bye :wave:

angieME
05-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Hey everyone!! It was supposed to be rainy again today but I woke up to sunshine. We headed out on our walk and the sun was so bright that I had sweat running down my face. I got home and changed into shorts and off we were again. I did 3 miles. It will be **** when summer comes.

Noelle, How did you make out last night. Great I hope. No evil food calling your name. You have done so well.

Speaking of evil food...Has anyone ever had a Napolean? My husband has talked about these pastries for the last 15 years so last night I looked it up on the internet and I found a recipe. I might try to bake him one sometime. I can only imagine the fat in one of them. Puff pastry alone will kill ya. :lol:

I am getting some cinnamon twists today so I will have to try a bite but I'll make Jay eat the rest.

Jen, Did you get your walk in last night or was it still raining? I am as sick of rain as I was the snow now. hehe

Sandy, I told Jay about the wooden dick and the nylon one too. He thought it was funny.

melekalikimaka
05-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey ladies. I'm actually working today *gasp* so I've only gotten a chance to check in now. Rick is working in the shop so I've got to act busy :lol: .

Well I didn't do so great last night, nothing too fattening but just a lot of low-fat snacking...I had some fresh pineapple w/dinner, then after I took a shower I had a low-fat ice cream bar, some japanese rice crackers (no fat, high sodium), and let's see, what else...3 tootsie rolls leftover from my sons easter candy. So you see, not too bad, but not so great either. I'm working on today though. IT's weird, when I drink coffee in the morning, I don't get the hungry feeling in the morning, then I just eat lunch instead of a morning snack then lunch...don't know if that's good for my metabolism. Scale is up though 3 lbs (173) :mad: from all that junk I've been consuming for the past week. I need to start journaling my food again, maybe using fitday so I can keep track of the cals. I'm still walking though, so I haven't given up, just goofing off for a while. I need to get my groove back.

We have a restaurant here called Zippy's and they've got something called Napoleons but it's basically a puff pastry turnover w/either apple, coconut or chocolate filling. Does that sound the same? It's really good and buttery too, the phyllo dough is just like baklava :T:.

How's everyone else doing today?

angieME
05-08-2003, 05:18 PM
No cinnamon twists today. They forgot to throw them on the truck. Monday they will be here though.

What is everyone doing for Mothers Day? I am trying to figure out what to get my mom. Jay says he is getting me Chinese but he wouldn't dare to actually do it. :lol: Now I am not saying I wouldn't eat it but I don't think he actually has balls enough to try it. We will see.

Noelle, I know how you feel about coasting for a while. I get like that too. Do what you gotta do. Good for you for still walking though. I know when I started to gain my weight back I didn't do it as quickly while I was still exercising regularly as I did when I stopped completely. When I stopped completely I was gaining 10 pounds a month. Sad. But that meant I had 1 1/2 hours extra a day to eat(without the exercise) :lol:

The Napoleans I am going to make are puff pastry that you cook with a pan on top of it so it doesn't rise and you make a glaze to go on top drizzled with chocolate. You use 3 layers and you make a homemade puddding creme to go between the layers. I wouldn't mind trying the chocolate creme one myself.

Does anyone know if Kempy left us? We haven't heard from her since Monday. I hope she didn't leave too. I miss hearing from her everyday already.

Kempyd
05-08-2003, 05:26 PM
I AM SOOOOOO SORRY!!!!

I have been totally swamped at work! Before I knew it it was time to go home and then I have to water the yard. I don't have a sprikler system so every 20 mins I am dragging the hose around. While I am watering I am making dinner and washing dishes. By 8 I am ready to go to bed and I don't want to do anything but veg on the sofa.

I don't have time to go back and read all of the posts but I am going to make time for you guys starting right now. I am driving myself crazy with all of this work.

angieME
05-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi Kempy!! I missed ya. I remembered that you were doing something big at work so I figured they had you running. I am glad you are okay though. You sound very busy.

Kempyd
05-08-2003, 05:41 PM
I am and I hate it! I really miss being aboe to read about what is going on with you guys.

angieME
05-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Not much. I am doing okay in the dieting....Until this weekend I am sure. :lol:

Is it really hot down there now? We seem to be having one hot day and 4 cold ones. I think we are going to open the pool soon though.

How's your landscaping coming around your deck?

peekabooangel
05-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey there girls,
What a nice day it ended up being here in Maine. I even snuck in a little bit of a walk. I just popped supper in the oven....we are having mac & cheese (homemade with 2%cheese) and turkey ham and a veggie as soon as I figure out which one I want to cook. I know Noelle I'm doing supper and your thinking about lunch:) .

Kempy: Welcome back and I hope things slow down for you.

Well my official weigh in for the week???? I gained 3 lbs from that lovely excurtion this weekend, but still would do it all over again. When I first got home on Sunday I jumped on the scale (I tried to resist:s: ) but, anyway it said I had gained like 9.5 lbs or so, I think it was the liquid???Or the food??? Okay it was both:o . But today is the official day and it says up 3 from last Thursday, I'm in hopes that by next Thursday those 3 lbs will be gone too.

I don't have any major plans for Mothers day, I think we are having a cook out at my mils, but I can handle that. Hubby asked me what I wanted and well there really isnt any one thing I can put my finger on right now. Besides this time of year (spring) money is tight! I can't wait till June and July when the lobsters are crawling and shedding and plentiful:crossed: .

Talk to you all in a while

melekalikimaka
05-08-2003, 06:28 PM
:wave: Hi Kempy, we missed ya over here. You must've had a good time at the beach. Don't work too hard :lol:

Sandy those 3 lbs will be gone by next week, I know it. I did the same kind of damage when I went to Vegas this past New years...the weight just fell off after I got back on track the next week though, so all is not lost! (ok, bad choice of words, but you get the idea) . We all gotta let loose once in a while and you're back on track already so that's totally cool.

As for me I'm just puttering along and trying to get my heart and mind on the same road. I haven't given up, just not putting all my effort into losing weight is all. I'll be back soon, I hope.

No major plans for Mother's Day weekend here either, another weekend BBQ, but that's every darn weekend...everyone (Rick and my dad) have asked if we ladies in the house who are mothers would like to go out and eat breakfast or lunch. Why do holidays have to revolve around food? Why not buy me a spa day or something. I'd love a full body massage, a facial, manicure, pedicure, body wrap etc. I want to be pampered! By a young, handsome (heterosexual) masseuse...I'm not asking for too much am I? :lol:

angieME
05-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Sandy, You and I are in the same boat moneywise. I hate spring as far as income is concerned. Like it doesn't slow down enough with the winter then spring comes and thwere is no tourists anywhere to buy donuts. I love summer money. I have a 5000.00 credit card that I am paying off this year and Jay wants a new hood for the Durango. One with the scoop in it. I told him to buy it last year but No he wouldn't. I like the Durango he has made it pretty.

Your 3 pounds will come back off this week I bet. Mine does that when I take a break too.

Noelle, I am so with you with the holidays revolving around food. I am already starting to think that I want to go out to eat or take my mom out. I can't because she has my neice this weekend but I still want to but I don't. Does that make any sense?

Jay is getting too good at the walking. He trucks up the hill pretty fast now so I am actually working it to climb it.

melekalikimaka
05-08-2003, 10:21 PM
It helps to have someone to "chase" doesn't it? I always walk w/my skinny sister who walks the dog, who pulls her along...I'm aways a couple of paces behind so sometimes I have to jog a little to keep up. What frustrates me is when Rick gets into this "exercise and diet" mode and he goes gung ho. He refuses to cheat (willpower of steel) and works out like mad. When I ask him to walk w/me he wants to run. I had to explain to him that I was a whole lot more overweight for my height than he was so I need to take it slow. I'm finding that jogging ain't so bad though, I'm trying to take it one block at a time--as long as my heart doesn't feel like it's going to explode :lol: ! Work it baby, work it! Whatever it takes to get those pounds off.

So far so good on the eating today...wait until darkness comes, the test of no after dinner snacking!

Wishing you gals a good night and a sunshiney day tomorrow.

melekalikimaka
05-09-2003, 02:47 AM
OMG I just had to update and say that i did it, I stayed on track today. Had another shake at dinner time along w/some yogurt and fruit. Damage control. I got to walk my sisters new JRT pup (4 mos old) today and he was all over the place. My sister carried him in a canvas tote bag when he got tired, then we switched dogs and I walked his big brother. That was fun. We're hoping Keaka (the big brother) will teach Koa (the baby) some manners about not barking at all the other dogs along the way. So that's all I've got to report tonight, 1 day OP! :cb:

peekabooangel
05-09-2003, 07:08 AM
Good morning girls,
wow, I get to sit here all by myself with my coffee and enjoy reading the posts. It's early and everyone is still asleep. I love when it's still quiet time. Noelle, it should be like around midnight there, so you have every right to be asleep :D .

Tomorrow I am going to a babyshower for the girl I told you is married to my hubbys cousin and they live in Hawaii, cause he is stationed there. Well, of course they are not back here, she is due any day.....but.....mom in law put together a babyshower anyway. I thought it was a neat idea since she has no family and only a few friends over there. The directions on the invitation said to bring the gift unwrapped, so we can have a wrapping party, then mom in law will send the boxes off to her.:) I feel bad, this woman loves kids, and this is her first grandbaby and can't be there to see it be born, but they will be home in June for a couple of weeks:) .

Talk to you girls in a while. The boss will be away today too from the office, so I am sure I will be popping in. It is payroll day though so I will get plenty of company:) .

Hugs,

angieME
05-09-2003, 10:11 AM
YEAH NOELLE!!!!! I knew you had it in you. I hate the night time munchies. I still have them every night. I always had it in my mind that the skinnier we would get the less we would crave food. Not true!! I was telling my dad when I lost all the weight the first time that I could still eat just as much then as I could at 265. GOOD GIRL!!! I want to see pics of the JRT puppy. I love those dogs. I want another one but I have no room. BooHoo

Sandy, The babyshower is a neat idea and I am sure the mom to be will enjoy all the gifts. Your family has such fun ideas all the time. My family is so boring. :lol:

I better go get a walk in before the rain comes. I will check in later

Kempyd
05-09-2003, 01:47 PM
I am so proud of you guys for sticking with the exerciseing. I am totally off the wagon and I think I just saw the tail lights fading into the distance. I am sure I will get back into it but when is the question.

Angie it is SOOOOO Hot here. We broke a record yesterday, 93 and I am sure the humidity was almost 100%. Last night the temp was still 84 at 10 at night. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Joe is home right now working in the heat. We are going to try to build our flower bed ourselves and save some money. He is pulling all of the sod up and moving it to the spots that were bare from the removal of our swing. He is such a hard worker! I am tryinng to find some soil and seem to be having a hard time though. Nobody will deliver 2 1/2 yards of soil.

angieME
05-09-2003, 03:07 PM
I wished I had some words of wisdom for you Kempy. I know how it is to go through the stages of having such a difficult time though and I hope you can find your groove again soon. I know I want to eat alot of take out during the summer since it is so hot cooking doesn't sound like much fun. But then again I want to eat alot of take out anytime of the year. :lol:

Wow, the heat would be nice but the humidity must suck. How do you keep all of your plants from dying. I can kill mine pretty easy. :lol: I planted tons of bulbs around my front tree a few years back and last year it was so pretty when they all bloomed. this year there are hardly any coming up. Me and Jay were leaving the other morning and there was a fat little squirrel under the tree rooting around in my mulch. The little ****!!! We are going to do a block border around it this year and then I am going to replant and put wire over them so he cant get them next year.

Kempyd
05-09-2003, 03:13 PM
The plants make it somehow. Of course I by plants that survive down here. I love ferns and they love all of the humidity so I can't keep those things under control.

I just had lunch, it was sushi. The boss bought it as a work bonus. He does that alot. I am glad he did b/c the chili that I brought really wasn't sounding that great.

How is today up your way Angie?

Oh yeah, we dont have squirels to much. We have bald eagels that take care of them. Kind of sad to think about.

melekalikimaka
05-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Kemp I'm putting the brakes on the wagon for ya so you can climb back on...I'm struggling myself, but managed to have a good day yesterday. I've kept walking and have started to mess around w/some weights so it's not as bad as if I'd stopped caring at all. Trying to get back into the groove myself. We've been getting upwards of 85 degrees here and the humidity's been around 80% but the tradewinds came back yesterday and that really helped. That's some scary weather that's going around the south. Hope it stays away from you. No squirrels here to speak of. We have mongoose (like ferrets) and rats that like to lurk around the rural places.

Hoping to have another OP day. Then the weekend test! Argghhhh. I need to get my mom and MIL something for Mother's Day. I'm heading out to Sam's Club in a little bit, maybe I can find something there.

Angie, good luck on the WI tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do awesome! So close to goal. To be honest I'm a little envious but mostly so proud of you for your accomplishments--not once, but twice you've lost the weight. That is awesome indeed.

I wonder how Chris is doing? :wave: If you're reading this I'm thinking of you.

Jen what's happening w/you over in Colorado? Hope everything's ok.

Sandy it's nice to have quiet time w/out the kids and hubby clamoring for attention isn't it? That's why I'm usually on the puter really late at night or first thing in the morning (besides all the time while I'm at work :lol: ) . The baby shower is a sweet idea, I would've never have thought of that myself. So if she's due any day I suppose she'll deliver at Tripler Army medical? That's the only major military hospital here. They have a vital statistic section in the Sunday paper where people can submit their babies pictures and DOB and stuff like that. Maybe I'll see a little someone soon?

Whatever happened to Gargoyle, essey, Washu and ... anyone else that may have disappeared? Hope everyone's doing well. Well, I'm off to get some supplies, I'll be back later. Have a good day.

angieME
05-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Amazingly the weather up here is pretty good today. it is a little windy but at least no rain yet.

I still haven't had sushi. We don't have any restaurants around that serve it that I know of. I would try it though.

Kempy, I wanted to ask you, If I do cardio alot and eat okay is there still a chance of burning muscle instead of fat? I figured you would know better than anyone working in a gym and all. I always hear people saying they burned muscle and wondered.

Noelle, I want to try weights. Have you been keeping up on Gennels thread? Di(Grizzlyschick) has been doing a new weight routine and she said she is seeing dramatic results from it. I would love a weight machine but I have had 3 before and I never used them. I spend so much time on cardio and then just don't want to do weights after. I get really lazy at night.

Sandy, Is it nice down there today?

angieME
05-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Good Morning! I am down 1 more pound. YEAH!! I am fighting the urge to splurge for Mothers Day!! I know I don't need to eat anything but it is a holiday.....:lol: Like that makes sense. :lol:

I made Jays Napolean cream last night and of course I screwed the first batch up. Can you believe I am a baker. :lol: I got it right after I went back to the recipe and cooked it. DUH!! I have to make the puff pastry tonight and he can pig out.

Whats up for everyone this weekend? I am off to go grocery shopping and buy all my household things for the week. My usual Saturday I mean.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Hi gals,

How is everyone today? Sorry I haven't been around, I have been in a total funk lately. It's pretty much lasted all week. But I think I might be back, I just have to get off my *** and get moving. Other than all the cleaning. I was planning on going for a walk =, and look outside and it's SNOWING!! I hate Colorado weather. The trees here are suffering. So many broken branches from all the weight. My sister plans on sing them to make some wands and staffs to sell at the pagan auctions. She thinks she's a witch, all into that wicca/witchcraft stuff. She's 36 :dizzy: Oh well, if it's what she believes in :shrug:

I totally forgot to go to the zumba class this morning, I had all my stuff ready to go. I also had to skip the last kickboxing class because I went to my sons BBQ.

Well I think I'm going ot head out and tan and then get to the rec center for the treadmill and bike. I'll check back in later. You all have a good day!!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-10-2003, 03:54 PM
And I almost Forgot

Angie: Congrats on you loss.....you're almost there!!!

melekalikimaka
05-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey everyone, hope your Saturday's going well. Today I am unexpectedly childless. My sister and niece came over for a little while this morning and they were planning on going to the movie matinee, my son wanted to tag along and my sister agreed to take him. She even asked me to pack some extra clothes (in case of accidents) + some pjs...so maybe he'll spend the night? Anyway, I didn't know what to do with myself since Rick is working pretty much all day today and I'm all by my lonesome. So my other sister came around and we went and had our eyebrows waxed (always fun) and then we went for lunch at Chili's. I ordered the steak fajitas and immediately halved it and boxed it up, then ate the rest, w/out all the guacamole, sour cream and cheese. Well, okay, I had a little bit of the sour cream but no guacamole or cheese. It was really good too and I feel good about not eating the whole thing even though I knew I could easily do that. I even got in a longer walk than normal this morning, maybe 4 miles? so I got that out of the way. If I'm up to it this evening maybe I'll get another walk in too :dancer: .

Jen that's a bummer about the snow, isn't it almost summer???? I guess it's the altitude huh? I know about being in a funk. I've had one for the past week myself but the last couple of days I've been slowly getting back into the groove. It'll come back, just don't give up. We're behind you to cheer you on. Hmmm, I don't know that we have any or many wiccans here in Hawaii, I've never checked. It sounds interesting but I was raised Roman Catholic so it sounds so hocus pocus to me. Hey, it takes all kinds to make this world go 'round though.

Angie cool job on the loss, OMG I need to really get my butt in gear to catch up w/you :lol: ! I saw your pics of Candi and Cappie on the challenge thread, they're so pretty! Let us know how your Napoleons turn out tomorrow. I'm sure Jay will enjoy them (he's so spoiled! :D)

Sandy how are you enjoying this Saturday? Was the baby shower today?

Anyway, I don't know if my boy will be out for the night but if he is I'll be out on the town :cb: . I gotta run upstairs and answer the door, check you gals out later. If I don't get back today, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Mother's! And even those w/animal babies :D

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Hi gals!!!!

I'm back.....it's about time I get back into this groove thing. I actually did 6.2 miles and 20 minutes on the bike at the rec center. It felt so good to sweat like that. But now my legs feel like jelly. Right now we're getting ready to watch Goosebumps (I hate these shows) and I think I'm going to make some scones later. Well I think I'm going to get eat a little lunch, feeling a little woozy. Talk to you all later.

Happy Mother's day!!!

angieME
05-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Happy Mothers Day!!!!

I have been fairly good this weekend until night time that is. I bought some Blue Bunny ff ice cream for snack and ate a ton of it last night along with the Napolean. Today has been good but I just got bored and had some more Napolean. I just felt the need to confess that. :lol:

Not much happening here. It is beautiful out. I went to the Good will shop yesterday and they had such pretty formal wear there that I got to browsing and found this awesome dress. It was originally $108.00(yes the tags were still on it!!!) I got it for 5.99!!! It is so nice. I look like I have a flat stomache in it too so it must be a miracle dress!!! I need to lose some weight on my upper body so I can button the top but it looks hot so far. I'll take a pic of it and post it. Now to find some where to wear it. :lol: I don't think I need to wear it to Walmart. haha

Kempyd
05-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Good Monday Morning all. I couldn't get on this weekend. I was busy from the time we woke up to the time we fell into bed.

I just wanted to congratulate you guys for being in control and good job Angie!

I am going to be back in a few, a big order of supplements just came in and I have to get them into the computer.

Oh yeah, Angie it is possible that you are losing muscle. Look on the site for Muscle and Fitness Hers. That is the best mag for women that I have found. They show you all sorts of exercises to do. Also, you should do weigths before cardio. It takes your body about 20 mins to get to the fat burning stage so why waste your time huffing and puffing on cardio first.

melekalikimaka
05-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Gosh it's night time for most of you folks and quitting time here at work for me. I've only gotten a breather just now to post. I had a great Mother's Day but a rotten food day...let's just say I had to hop on the wagon again this Monday, I'm still a bit wobbly as far as food choices today but overall not too shabby...doritos and 1 hot dog aside (bleah).

I did walk farther this weekend both on Saturday and Sunday so that's a plus.

Angie I can't wait to see your dress, sounds sexy! What a bargain too. Hope your Mother's day was great.

Jen good job on the exercise. Hope your Mother's day was excellent too.

Sandy haven't heard from you yet, how was your weekend?

Kempy your crawfish boil sounds like fun aside from the mosquitos. When it gets humid here we get plagued by termites! I bet your flower bed will look great.

angieME
05-13-2003, 10:09 AM
How is everyone doing? Me, okay I guess. This rain is so depressing!! One good day and then 4 sucky ones.

I am up one pound from my Mother's Day weekend. Strange since I didn't think I was bad. I guess the Napolean was worse than I thought. The cold rainy weather makes me want to eat. Last night I munched on a sf fudgesicle and a handful of peanut butter cup cereal and then went to bed to watch tv so I wouldn't eat anything else. And I am still up a pound. Geesh!! It is always the way it works, I say no to chinese because I want to be good and then something else sabotages me when in the first place I would have been happier with the chinese.

I think it is still raining out so I should go jump on the elliptical. UUgghh!!!

Have a great day girls!!

Kempyd
05-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Angie we could really use the rain down here. I am telling ya, it is either a flood or a drought and never in between.

Jen you sound like you have found your groove. I know that you will be able to keep it up!

I got an e-mail from Chris the other day. She said to say HI! She is pretty busy with the adoption and all. She hasn't forgotten about us though. I am sure it is nerve wracking right now.

I am kind of depressed today but I am sure it is PMS. Since I got off of the meds I am feeling it more again. I can deal with it though. I would much rather a few days of depression than months of not feeling anything at all. Trust me that was a weird thing!

angieME
05-13-2003, 11:41 AM
I just went for a walk in the rain. hehe. To **** with it I would have been sweaty anyway. :lol: I took Rebel and Candi and boy oh boy weren't they happy. I dropped Candi off at the house after the first trip around because I know she wouldn't have done the full 3 miles and I didn't want to carry her fat little *** up the hill. It made me feel better to get some fresh air. It is so weird how I can become totally obsessive about exercise and get pissed if I can't do it the way I want. Maybe I am just a big baby. :lol:

I'm glad Chris is happy. I hope everything works out for her. I haven't heard from her myself.

Kempyd
05-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Angie I think it is cool that you can walk inthte rain up there. I think if we tried down here we would become a statistic. :lol: There is always so much lighting with our rain storms. The warm gulf air is to blame for all of that.

I have to say that it feels pretty good outside right now though. The humidity is only 75% so we can breath pretty well. I didn't feel so bad for Echo putting her outside this morning.

angieME
05-13-2003, 11:53 AM
I hate lightning. I swear every year we get one huge storm that sits right on top of our house. It scares me so bad. Picture us all sitting there and I am more scared than the kids. :lol:

How do your pets handle the humidity? Candi looked like she was going to die all last summer in our heat and I don't think Our humidity is even half of what you get. You must have an air conditioner for your whole house don't you? I am going to get one for my bedroom this year because the dogs sleep in there and they pant so loud now I can just imagint this summer.

Kempyd
05-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Oh yeah, the whole house is covered in it. There are very few people down here that don't have central AC. If they don't heve central they have a window unit in just about every room. I grew up in an old house that didn't have central air and we would have a fan in every door way pointed at the next one trying to get the air to circulate. Those where some miserable summers.

The animals usually hang out on the covered patio right out of the back door. Or, I will leave to garage door open when we are home and they hang out in there on the cool cement. They aren't stupid though, in the middle of the day I can't kick the cats out of the house. They know it feels better inside.

peekabooangel
05-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Hi girls,
I'm here. Just been in a weird funky kind of mood. The food is still good, the exercise needs work. But anyway, the financial stresses got me down and I got stuck there. But everything is better now. We got paid for some traps that hubby was selling so that puts us back ahead of the game for a while anyway.
Angie, is it raining there today? It is here, well just drizzley now. I can't wait for the sun to come back out and shine. But I know this summer we will be like "I wish it would rain and cool things down a bit" never happy!! We have air conditioning in the living room and it seems to handle the livingroom and kitchen. I think we are gonna put one in our bedroom this year too and that should handle the house? Who knows, I hope so though. We have a raised ranch house, so sometimes in the summer we all just congrigate in the cellar, cause the cement walls and floor seem to keep it cool down there.
Moms day was good, we ended up going over to Hubbys grandmas and helping with the yard work and gardening. There was about 25 - 30 of us there and we decided to make a spaggetti dinner/ it was great.....all family and a good time.

Okay, gonna run and chat with you all later...have a nice day...Well Noelle, GOOD MORNING TO YOU....MUST BE ALL OF 8:00 AM? LOL.....

angieME
05-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Sandy, I have been in a funky mood too. I think for me it is because of the rain. When does the summer money start to roll in for you guys? I was telling Jay that we have so much in common. We have to pay all the bills we can during the summer to try to get through the winters too. Wouldn't it be great to have summer money all year round? I would be sittin pretty then. :lol: We didn't get as prepared for this winter as we should have so it was pretty miserable to keep caught up. We would have been sunk if we had been hit hard with taxes that's for sure. I am very thankful for that. I am going to get rid of my big credit card this summer and cut it up and tell them to shove it. Oh and prepay for my oil. I usually do that but last winter we paid more than the people who pay cash so we didn't bother this year. It is definately a big load off to have all the oil paid ahead.

Glad you had a great Mothers Day.

Kempy, I just read your journal. C'mon girl, we can do this! I am here for you to lean on. I don't know what to tell you but you did it once and I know you can do it again. Planning my weeks meals ahead helps me alot. This way I know what I am having to eat before I get hungry, if that helps any.

Well girls, I need to go wrap some pastries. I will check back in a few.

Kempyd
05-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks Angie! I don't know what is wrong with me these past couple of weeks. I thought it was getting of of the meds but I started to take St. John's Wort so I thought that would go away. Maybe I am not taking enough of it. I just feel yucky. I don't know how else to describe it. I feel yucky all over even inside. Does that make any sense?

What do you mean you have to buy oil? Is that a northern thing?

peekabooangel
05-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Angie: Summer money starts usually the week of 4th of July, thats usually the first big check for hubby for lobstering. We usually lock in on a price for the oil. We have never pre paid cause you have to pre pay for so much of it and we do have wood heat too? So anyway we usually get the winter oil bill paid off by August then we lock in on some price for the following winter~~does that make sense? Hope so.

Kempy: you crack me up??? I'm sure down there you all don't use heating oil right? Maybe gas heat or do you even need heat? LOL, up here we need everything.....wood, oil, air conditioning...LOL don't that just beat all.

peekabooangel
05-13-2003, 04:55 PM
RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE
We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the
rules from the male side. Please note:
# 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up,
put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us
complaining about you leaving it down.

# 2. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

# 3. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

# 4. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it
that way.

# 5. Crying is blackmail.

# 6. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints
do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just
say it! We'll get it for you, but just LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!

# 7. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on the
calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

# 8. Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be
any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

# 9. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every
question. Please pick one.

#10 . Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.
That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

# 11. A headache that lasts for seventeen months is a problem. See a doctor.

# 12. Let us know about that funny noise in your car engine as soon as
you hear it.

# 13. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.
# 14. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect
us to act like soap opera guys.

# 15. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We
refuse to answer, but still love you.

# 16. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the
ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

# 17. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during
commercials.

# 18. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do
we.

# 19. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two
months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

# 20. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what Mauve is

# 21. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

# 22. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of
mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

#23. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

# 24. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an
answer you don't want to hear.

# 25. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is
fine. Really, you look fine!!!

# 26. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz
together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

# 27. Football is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

# 28. I AM in shape. ROUND is a shape

Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch
tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Hey everybody....

How are all of you? I'm doing pretty good. Tried those Walk Away the Pounds video today (the 3 mile one) and I loved it. It was actually pretty fun. I think I might do the 3 mile one later. It goes by so fast. They will be great to do when it's raining or if it's really hot. Gto them from the library, so they have to go back in a week.

Angie: You are doing so good. I wish I was into exercising as much as you are.

Kempy: Isn't central air the best. We have it here too, for when it gets unbearable. I think we'll be turning it on by the end of the month. But here we also have a humidifier installed into it to actually put some moisture in the air while it cools down.

Sandy: Those were cute. I've heard them before. the school I was going to was all guys and they all seemed to have a copy of them. They said it was their rules. I myself still thing that it should be our way or no way. :lol: ;)

Noelle: How ya doing? Do you know how far behind Mountain Time Hawaii is.

Anyway.....Hope you are all having a good night. Talk to you all later. Take Care!!!!

angieME
05-14-2003, 09:05 AM
Sandy, Those were so true. Especially number 6 that is Jay to a T.

I had a mini binge last night and I have no idea why. I was perfect all day and then 8:00 came and I had....AHEM....1 popsicle,2 fudgesicles and 2 bowls of Reeses Puffs cereal and then I ate straight out of the box. It didn't affect my weight because I am still up a pound but I need to get a grip.

Jay had to go buy new donut boxes this morning so I guess it will be just me and booboo walking this morning.

peekabooangel
05-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Hey Everyone,
I'm trying to be cheery here but the sun has not shown here in so long it seems like forever now. It's raining yet again this a.m. But Mr. Manix on the news says that we are gonna have a stretch of sunny days here after this bad one. We will see? Is it raining up there Angie? Good for you walking in the rain, what a trooper you are.

I'm at work today, so I will pop in again later....hugs to all.

Noelle: Its like, um, let me seeeeeee, um, (cough-cough)3:15 am there? Where are you????LOL just kidding.

angieME
05-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Nope no rain up here this morning....YET. I am so sick of it too. I can't wait until the sun comes back out. I just took BooBoo(Rebel) for a 3 mile walk and sweated my butt off. Now to find something to do besides eat until lunch. I am so into wanting to eat right now. Not from hunger but I don't know what it is, just intense cravings I guess.

Kempyd
05-14-2003, 12:18 PM
I don't think I have ever owned a humidifier. :lol: SOme people when we give them a tour f the gym ask why we don't have a steam room and I tell them that we live in a steam room why would we put one in the gym. All they have to do is walk outside.

We are having all of the sun down here. Although the UPS guy told me to be happy I was inside today b/c of the humidity. I usually never walk outside of the building until I leave in the evenings. I know that is terrible but I have everything here.

Angie don't beat yourself up about the food. You know that you will get right back on track. You seem to be the one that yanks all of us back into shape.

Joe is bringing me a journal home today so I can start to keep a log of everything that I am doing. I want to take measurements and do my bodyfat too so I can look at the numbers all of the time. Maybe that will help me. I do seem to be in a better mood today. No reason for the change I just woke up better. I wonder if I was because Joe was home last night so I wasn't be myself.

melekalikimaka
05-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey gals, I'm a bit busy right now...I've got a sick kid on my hands and my dad's out of town so no day time sitter...so I'm trying to do some work out of home (yuck!). Anyway, I'm still around and lurking, just haven't had time to post much. I'll swing by later when my mom gets home and I can escape to my office for some peace and quiet! :lol:

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey girls...

How is everybody? Other than my kids (especially my son) driving me crazy, it's been pretty good. Did get in 3 miles so far and hopuing to do at least 2 more before bed tonight. Also have to try and get the laundry folded and hung up. I hate laundry. And it never goes away.

Angie: How are your cravings? Kempy was right don't worry about it too much. And you are very good at getting everybody back on track.

Kempy: How's your new journal? Have you started writing in it? Glad your feeling better.

Noelle: HYou sounded really busy today. Hpoe it slowed down a little for ya. I also hope your son starts to feel better soon.

Sandy: How the heck are ya?

Well I think that's about it for now. You all have a good night and a great day tomorrow. The weel is almost over. Bye!! :wave:

melekalikimaka
05-14-2003, 11:15 PM
Hey everyone...I'm in my office for a spell, mom got home later than usual (2 hours!) so I had to wait. That lady must be partying it up on her own time since her hubby's not home, huh? Anyway, I was looking at my calendar and found that I'm PMSing...big surprise, huh? I ate like a pig today! Must be that I was at home for most of the morning. Let's see, I had some cheapy ramen noodle soup, you know the kind no one should eat? I remember the nutrionist telling me that was one of the worst foods you could feed your body, high in sodium, loaded w/fat and w/very little nutritive value...anyway, that was breakfast. Lunch was a cheesy gordita crunch combo meal. Yuck! I feel bloated and gross. I do/don't know what the heck's up w/me as far as the eating goes. I have a bunch of work that I need to do for my corp. taxes and such and I've been putting it off for so long that now it's coming back to bite me. Luckily I've got a little over 2 mos to get it cracking on it. It's been bugging me and I've just been eating to cover up the anxiety (thank you Dr. Noelle) . I just keep trying to look on the bright side of my life right now and that's I've been walking every single day and making myself sweat. I know the calories expended are nothing compared to what's being consumed BUT at least I'm moving!!!

I promise myself I will try to get a handle on myself tomorrow. *sigh* I need to get out of this funk I'm in. What's up with that?

Hope everyone's in a better frame of mind tomorrow :) .

angieME
05-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Noelle, TOM you are right. Since we are on the same schedule I guess that could be my problem too. I started on the 28th last month so it is pretty close to that time.

Last night I made Jay take the Reeses Puffs cereal out and put it in the bakery so I couldn't eat it. hehe. It worked. I resorted to drinking 2 diet Cokes and de matting Candi's neck(Cappie likes to grab her by the neck and drag her around for fun) Sad thing is is she likes it when he does it. :lol: I didn't eat anything and the scales rewarded me with a pound loss this morning. We'll see if it stays until weigh day.

Noelle, How is your son this morning? I also wanted to tell you that you are a beautiful woman and I am sure you will get your groove back!

Jen,Way to go on the walking Jen!! I love to walk it's almost like not exercising...almost :lol:

Kempy, Yeah did you start your journal yet? I keep all mu weights right beside my computer along with my fat pics and my old measurements. I still have my weight and exercise calander from when I started at 265 pounds.

Sandy, How are you doing this week?

Kempyd
05-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Boy Jen you must check in when I am already out for the night. I am with you on the laundry, hubby is always telling me to put it away but I just hate it so much. To make it worse I have a huge laundry room with a really long folding table so most of the clothes live on the table. It drives him insane! :devil:

Noelle I am PMSing too, is it happening, are we all getting in sync? :lol: I am not even going to say what I have been eating.

Sandy are you hiding from us or what? :lol:

Angie I would have just had to throw the cereal away. I have had to do that before. I just couldn't stand it that it was in the house.

I am starting the journal today. I have it with me at work so I can write in it whatever and when ever. I sure do hope that this helps.

We are having a Chamber afterhours right in front of our building tonight. The owner is all over the place today. It is going to be sponsored by us and 4 other businesses . I guess it is going to be fun. I have never been to something like this before. The only thing is now that I am going to be working inside until 9 tonight because the two girls that work at night have their juniour ring ceremony. The girl that is here in the morning is in CA with her hubby and I am the only one left to be inside. Oh well, at least I wont be hot and sweaty. (I have to find a positive side)

angieME
05-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Now I have a sick kid!! The school nurse called this morning and Alicia was in the offfice with a fever of 100 and an upset tummy. She is home now and acting like her normal self. School skipper!!! :lol:

I would have thrown the cereal out but it is actually Brittany's. :lol: She would kill me in my sleep if I did that. But she will be finding a new cereal. That stuff is so good!!

angieME
05-15-2003, 05:35 PM
This is what I am making for supper. Have you seen the TGIFridays commercial with the sizzling chicken? The one with the onions and cheese? I am going to pound some chicken breast down and rub it with chicken seasoning and broil it then top it with mushrooms and onions sauteed in PAM and put shredded low fat Cheddar cheese on top and melt. YUM!! It sounds so good my mouth is watering already. :lol:

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-16-2003, 01:17 AM
Hey ladies.

I hope everybody had a good day today. Mine was pretty slow, but full. Now kids won't lay down :stressed: anyway I thibk I'm going to do 3 miles on the treadmill after they go to sleep. I just hate doing it at home, there's nothing to look at but the basement wall.

Angie: Dinner sounded so good. Mine was awful :p Hope you daughter is feeling better.

Kempy: I'm usually up until 1 in the morning trying to get things done that I can't do earlier. My laundry usually sits in the baskets all jumbled up, so I end up having to iron everything. I really need to get on top of that :chin:

Noelle: How are you doing today?

Well not much else to say. I have such an interesting life. :lol: Talk to you all later. :wave:

angieME
05-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Supper was awesome last night! I would recommend trying it if your mouth waters whenever you see the commercial. I will be making it agin this week.

Just got back from a 3 mile walk. I definately like doing it this way so I have the rest of the day to relax.

I have to make a ton of whoopie pies for a bake sale for the Historical Society's fundraiser. We are supposed to have really nice weather for the next 5 days. I am going tomorrow to buy my pool chemicals and then it will be open...at least when Jay gets brave enough to jump in the water to put the steps in. He has to sandbag them down and position them just right so he freezes his balls off.

NOELLE, WHERE ARE YOU???

Kempy, How did it go last night? Was it fun?

Jen, Good going with the exercise. I hate my treadmill too. I do the elliptical now instead. It is much more fun and my feet don't hurt after.

SANDY, WHERE ARE YOU???

peekabooangel
05-16-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm here, just been lurking I guess. Food is okay, but could be lots better, I think I am just holding my own right now. I havnt posted cause I havnt been my best. I don't want a pity party, I just was in a weird kinda mood. I am thinking I will give myself the weekend and get back on track on Monday? I have to get back on track!!! I need to find that frame of mind I was in back when I started. I'm getting mad at the scales and it's not their fault....lol....but I blame them....lol, have you ever seen anyone talk to the scale? I DO!!!! And I have not been nice to it today.
Okay, I will check back later....
Hope everyone is doing good....
Angie, woopie pies? One of my favorites.....yummy!!! especially when someone else makes them.

melekalikimaka
05-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey everyone, just checking in for today. Boy's still sick so I kept him home from school. Still running a fever and has this really croupy sounding cough. If he's still like this tomorrow he's going to the doctor. I sent him to school yesterday :o since I drugged him up w/tylenol and robitussin and he was bouncing around on the couch--he wanted to go on a field trip to the local high school. They visited the band and chorus rooms + the child/family development classes. THey went back to school for lunch where after eating he threw up :eek: . Luckily he's done at noon which is right after lunch so I just brought him home. I know he's really feeling sick when he tells me that he doesn't want to watch TV and would rather rest...

Sandy I know how you feel totally! I keep telling myself that I'll get back on track "tomorrow" but somehow w/all that's going on I've not been able to fully get my groove back. So I'm just gonna chill and not stress about it and DO IT on Monday! We can do this!

Angie your chicken dinner sounded great, a must try for me. Did Alicia go to school today? Did ya ask her if there were any tests she was trying to avoid? :lol: It could've been nerves or maybe she's used to your awesome baking and couldn't stomach the school's food :lol: . I know when I was in elementary a lot of the stuff they tried to feed us was pretty nasty :p .

Kempy and Jen what's happening w/ya today, anything planned for the weekend?

Well I know I'm really PMSing today because I've got a killer headache. Come on already, bring it on so I can get it over with!

I gotta go and get some work done now that I'm in the office. I'll check back w/ya gals later.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-17-2003, 12:59 AM
Hey ladies,

Just checking in real quick. Not much happened today. I did 3 miles so far and planning on doing 2 more later. Tanned, grocery shopped, cleaned up a little and made dinner. Also made som pork chili for my dad to take to work for his pot luck. Now I'm kind of catching Law & Order SVU, thought I would get my postings done before I go to clean up my bedroom and do laundry.....How come my bedroom always collects everything. I still never got those scones made.

Tomorrow is going to be so busy. I'm hoping to get to the rec center some time, but I'm not sure I'll make it. We have Boy Scout/Community Pride day at 8:00, soccer game at 10:00, another soccer BBQ and award ceremony at 12:00, make up soccer game at 1:30, and then the school carnival at 4:00.:eek: Sunday is going to be relax day except for the workout. Monday is weigh in and I want to see a change.

Well I better go. Talk to you all later. Have a great Weekend!!!!!

angieME
05-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Weigh Day!!! I am down 2 pounds this week. I am surprised after the rocky start last weekend and the beginning of the week.

I tried on all of my size 8 jeans yesterday from the last time I lost weight and they fit me!! I am so happy. Now I have more than 2 pair of jeans to wear!! YEAH!!

Small rant about my kids: I had to bake a bunch of whoopie pies yesterday to donate to a bake sale for the historical societies fundraiser. I have to wait around this morning for the woman to pick them up and I didn''t want to cut into my walking time so I figured I could send the girls up to her house with them so I could still walk this morning. THEY DELIVERED THEM TO THE WRONG HOUSE!!!!! Now this guy thinks I delivered 18 whoopie pies to his family to enjoy. What do you say when you walk by and he thanks you so much for the wonderful gift. I wasn't about to say" Those weren't for you!!!" So I came home and put together some more and now here I sit waiting for the woman to come. I did get my walk in too, I got up at 5:45 and headed out with the dogs for an hour. All turned out well and we made a family very happy. The Glass is half full!!!

Jen, You are doing awesome girl!!

I hope you guys have a great weekend and I will be looking for Noelle and Sandy to climb up on the wagon with me Monday. Wink!

peekabooangel
05-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Dear Angie,
I don't mean to laugh but that was a good start to my morning, besides the fest before I got out of bed:D .
I had to tell hubby the story cause I was laughning so hard. He says "since you are feeling so generous today, please send woopie pies this way!!";)
Congrats on the 2 lbs, thats great!!!

Jen: you are just busy busy. Keep up the good work

Noelle: Hope yours son is better today. And I hope come Monday you and I are out of our funky moods.

Kempy: Hey there chicklet, hope all is safe and sound down your way.

angieME
05-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Believe me they are so lucky I got over it this morning. I was so pissed off!! :lol:

I had to go to Waterville this morning to buy chemicals for the pool. It is all ready to go as soon as Jay jumps in and does the steps. I also bought 2 bears with fishing poles to put on the sides of the pool where the deck meets up to the pool. This way it looks cute and Cappie cant jump the little lip on the pool and get off the deck.

I also found a crate at a yard sale this morning for $20 for Candi since her new thing is to chew my wallpaper border of the wall when I am walking. The little turd.

How's everyones day going?

Noelle, I hope your son is feeling better today. Alicia was over her "sickness" about 5 minutes after we picked her up from school. Hmmm, I wonder what she was trying to get out of.

I bought some Blue Bunny chocolate fudge fantasy fat free yogurt for snacks this week. I also bought some waffle cones so maybe I can limit my consumption of the ice cream. This week should be hardcore PMS for me.

melekalikimaka
05-17-2003, 10:33 PM
"who's this foxy lady sending me 18 whoopie pies and I wonder what she wants from me? :lol: :devil: "

Angie how did you keep a cool head about that mistake? And how much more ingredients do you need to make 18 more pies? Holy cow, I would've HAD a cow if my kid did that! :lol: Thanks for the chuckle. Oh yeah, CONGRATS on #1: The 2 lb. loss, and #2: Getting into your Size 8 jeans!! :cb: :cb: :cb: WooHoo you're just blowing me away.

Sandy, I'll be on that darn wagon come Monday or I don't know if I can "show my face" here again. I have got to get a grip. Eating still out of control, but the walking is superb (thank God for small miracles) . I didn't' get a walk in yet today but it's only 3:30 pm so there's still time.

Jen your day sounded super busy, hope you can really relax on Sunday. Good job on the 3 mile walk yesterday.

My son is STILL sick and I had to bring him to the doctor this morning. The funny thing is I didn't give him any medicine this morning (because I wanted them to see how high his temperature was FOR REAL) and when we get to the doctor he's jumping around and yakking non-stop to the doctor as the doc is trying to listen to his heart/lungs. I swear every time I bring him in to get checked out he's in fine form the day of the appointment. They must think I'm some kind of worrywart mother :rolleyes: . The dr. gave me a Rx for some cough medicine but he also mentioned that the stuff I'm already using should work just as well if not better than the Rx... so I'll just keep giving him the stuff and give it time. Hopefully he's fully recovered by Monday. On the other hand, my throat is starting to get scratchy and sore, cough cough. Does this cycle ever end?

Kempy hope your weekend is going well.

Hope to see ya chickies later.

angieME
05-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Noelle, You can always show your face here. I miss you when you don't post that much. We all talk about so much more than weight that I would hate to lose touch with you.

I hope your son feels better soon and that you don't get his cold.

I actually didn't keep my cool. The girls are now on cleaning duty for their bathroom all laundry folding and poop pick up in the yard for 2 weeks because I showed them where to go and they went in the toally opposite direction. My oldest has hit the stage where she is ALWAYS right so why bother to even look at mom when she talks.

I am so proud of myself tonight. I actually stopped at a waffle cone with the frozen yofurt for snack. That is a biggie for me because I swear we finnish the whole thing on Saturday nights normally.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Just a real, real quick note. Busy day today. Was outside in VERY sunny 85 degree weather for 8 1/2 hours. NO shade at all. I am so sunburned right now, it's hurting to even sit here. Eating was bad (BBQ today, and 2 doughnuts :devil: ) and no exercise. And as bad as my legs, arms and face are hurting I doubt I'll be doing much of anything that will require me to sweat tomorrow. So I'll talk to you later.

You know the worst thing is I truely didn't think it was going to be so bad today, that I would get burned like this. :(

angieME
05-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Hello Sexy Ladies!!!! Is everyone ready to jump on the wagon this beautiful Monday morning? I sure hope so because I miss you all when your not talking to me. The weather guy said it is supposed to hit 83 today. I hope so because I want the pool to warm up so I can get into it.

I bought some cute nail polish this weekend. It is shimmery pink. I also bought an anklet and toe ring but the damn thing turned my ankle black after 4 hours!! Cheap **** from Walmart!!! :lol:

What did you all do this weekend? Noelle, How is your boy doing?

peekabooangel
05-19-2003, 09:50 AM
I've climed back on the wagon and I hope this time I can keep my a$$ up here!!!! I even went to the store this a.m. before I came to work to get my flavored waters and a WW meal for lunch to go with the salad I made.

Angie: I read your journal entry and my eyes about popped out of my head when you said the kids had been in the pool already. I agree yesterday was warm, but was it that warm? Hey, walmart down here has Air conditioners on sale or maybe its an everyday low price starting at $118. so tomorrow guess where I am off to? Yup, you guessed it....I think if we have the new one in the livingroom from last year and get one for our room which is on the other end of the house that should do us good. I hope.

Noelle: Are you climbing back up here on the wagon? Please take a seat by me and we can try to hold each other on this darn thing. Angie please keep us strapped in, we tend to loosen our belts and get bummped off:D .

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Kempyd
05-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Good Morning guys! Angie and Sandy I thought the weather people said that is was 27 this morning up there? I may have seen it wrong. It sure hope that it isn't that cold up there for you two. It is May afterall.

Noelle have you deceided about your trip yet? Are you still going to head to Bankok?

Jen you are doing so good with getting your exercise in. Keep it up girl!

I was unbelievable sick Thrusday after I got off the site. Joe and I both had it. It was some kind of stomach thing. The wierd thing is it hurt really bad unless I was lying on my side but if I turned over to the other side to quickly I would have a hard time makling my stomach stop hurting. I couldn't even stand up straight. When I went to the bathroom to pee it would hurt even worse. I really wanted to die! I have never been this bad before. My stomach is still swollen. I can't tug my shirt in at work today and I have to leave my top button undun. This was not a fun weekend. Joe is still at home today because the tightness is still there.

angieME
05-19-2003, 12:16 PM
OUCH!! Kempy, I hope you guys feel better soon. That does sound very painful. It gets cold at night up here still but by 8 in the morning it is usually quite warm. I sweated my *** off this morning while walking. I was alone so I did it alot quicker but when the sun hits my face I just sweat and sweat.

Sandy, I know the kids and Jay are crazy. The pool water is actually 60 so it isn't too too bad. :lol: Poor Jay is in there right now because we are losing water so there must be a small tear in the liner and we need to get it fixed. It froze solid this year and I guess the ice must have torn it but we can not find it anywhere. We are going to have to pay a guy with diving equipment to come up and fix it unless we can find the hole ourselves.

I just ate probably the equvilant of 1 small cookie. Our distributer gave us cookie samples so I baked them and took a small piece of a side of each of them and sampled them. they were really good so I will probably buy them to sell too. I love the stuff I can just pull out and bake. It saves so much time. Thankfully Jay is willing to eat the rest of them and get them out of the house for me. :lol: He is so sweet. :lol:

melekalikimaka
05-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Hey girls. Yes Sandy, move over, I'm hopping back on the wagon today, I've got all my tools for a successful low-fat/low-cal day. I even went and bought new walking shoes yesterday, how's that for incentive? I'm wearing 'em here at work so I can break them in a little. These past couple of days I've had shin splints which I attribute to my old shoes (which I bought in January). I guess if you walk pretty much every day the shoes don't last too long huh, especially if you're overweight :lol: . My sister took my son to my nephew's soccer game and no one was at home except me and Rick, so we got busy :devil: . Anyway, it's a good thing too because that wicked Aunt Flo showed up this morning. At last some normalcy! Took the damn cravings away. I'm ready to get back to losing instead of binging. (is that how you spell it? :lol: )

Jen are you still feeling toasted? Ouch! I know even if you put lotion on your skin it hurts. Hope you start feeling better fast.

Kempy, food poisoning maybe? I had that once and it lasted for 3 days i think. Sorry you're feeling miserable. I think I only ate soda crackers and ginger ale and even that I couldn't keep down for very long. Hang in there. We haven't decided yet if we're going to Bangkok since SARS is still prevalent. Our regular tour guide has gone several times already since the epidemic started, but I don't know if it's wise for all of us (sisters) to go together--I mean, what if all of us got sick at the same time? That's some scary sh*t!

Angie I think we're getting a regular high of 86 and a low of 73 here everyday, and that's with a nice tradewind breeze so we don't get too hot. I saw a family down the street with a above-ground pool, and I thought of you. As far as the cheapy anklet, try checking out QVC--they have some nice stuff, it's fairly cheap but it's good quality--AND you can return it in 30 days if you don't like it.

Oh yeah my boy's doing better today, still couging a little but no fever anymore so I packed 'em off to school. I think the sore throat and cough is starting on me now, so I'll have to go look for some zinc lozenges or something. I'm off to Sam's Club yet again to buy some supplies for the office. Talk w/ya later!

Kempyd
05-19-2003, 06:21 PM
I don't think it is food posining b/c Joe and I both had it and we didn't eat the same things. We have no idea what this is. I am starting to feel my stomach tightening up right now. Thank goodness the day is almost over.

I bought a matte cutter (I had a day of feeling crafty) a few months ago and I never opened it. So, I thought I would call Hobby Lobby and see what I needed to do if I didn't have the receipt. The woman told me that I would get store credit but only for half of it if it was over $10. :fr: I couldn't olny pay for half of it now why do I only get half of it back. I even have the price sticker with their name on it. I can not beleive that. I have never heard of anything like that before. Have any of you? Maybe I am blowing this out of line but I feel that this isn't fair. I understand that I can't ge cash back without a recepit but not to get a store credit for the full amount that I paid is rediculous. (thank you for letting me vent)

angieME
05-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Kempy, That isn't fair!! I would be pissed too. I have never heard of a store doing thet. I went and bought some flowers for my pots on the deck today and got them all planted tonight. BEAUTIFUL!! I hung a hook on the corner of the deck and put my hummingbird feeder above one of the pots. We can't find a tear anywhere so now we have no idea why we are losing water. 2 inches of water from a 27 foot pool would show up on the ground I would think. That is alot of water to lose in 1 day.

I am going to get some more pots this weekend and fill the deck with flowers since I am in good shape this summer I will want to be outside. When I am fatter and eating badly I never go out during the summer. I guess I am too busy stuffing my face inside. :lol:

Noelle, I am so glad you are back. Since you started today then I had better jump on Jay tonight because I am usually a day or so away from you. :lol: The poor guy won't know what hit him. hehe

Sandy, How hot did it get down at your house today. I went to Dover at 3 and the bank sign said it was 90. It felt it too. The pool heated up to 64 today so of course the kids jumped in for a while. I know that I sweated my *** of on both walks today.

Jen, How are you doing today? I hate sunburns. Jay usually gets them really bad. Corey blistered a few years ago when he went to the beach with a friend.

OH YEAH! I almost forgot, Brit wants to get her belly button pierced and since I will never have a body for that I am going to let her do it. She is almost 12 do you know if they would do it to her and will they do a belly button where they do ears or do I need to take her to a tattoo place?

Have a good night

melekalikimaka
05-19-2003, 09:17 PM
Angie you are a brave mom to let Brit do that. I don't really see myself as conservative by any means, but when I first read that you were letting her do it at her age, my first thought was "are you crazy?!!" . I'm sorry, I must be turning into my mother :lol: . I think you'd have to find a tattoo shop and you'd have to sign a consent form or something for her. Geez kids sure do grow up fast these days! At least it's not a tongue spike or something gross like that. When I worked at the dentist's office I've seen some pretty disgusting infections and stuff. What next? Nipple rings...or worse...further south? :lol: hehe, this is from me who got a tatt by herself on her 18th b-day.

Kempy what if you told the store you received the item as a gift? Would they even consider an even $ exchange for a different item? That would suck big time if you only got 50% credit...I don't think I'd shop in a store like that again if that was their policy.

Kempyd
05-20-2003, 12:03 PM
I ended up going to return the item last night after work and I only got half. I ended up buying a rug for the kitchen and a candle with what they gave me back. I guess it was better than nothing. (I am telling myself this to keep me from getting mad) I can tell you this, I learned my lesson about keeping receipts.

Angie don't you just love planting all of that stuff. It is almost over for us. I mean, the planting time. It is getting hot and soon the nurseries wont even have lots of things to plant. I hate when it starts to slow down. I still have lots of things that I want to do. I guess I am just going to have to settle for repotting the ones I have outside.

I am still puffy today. I have my top button open. I am telling you I hate this. I feels like I ate to much so I have to let my pants out.

Auugghh, one of my instructors just came back in from running. She lifted the bottom of her t-shrit to wipe her face and oh my god, her stomach was so flat and tight! I HATE HER!!! What the **** is going on with me!? I have that belly fat you get when you have kids and I DON'T HAVE KIDS!!! I could see how some people get an eating disorder (I am not thinking about it). OK now I don't feel good about my fat bloaty stomach.

bobsgal
05-20-2003, 01:12 PM
I don't normally post on this thread, but I read it sometimes and I had to pop in to respond to Kempy. I work in retail and there are a lot of stores that do that. If you don't have a receipt, you geta credit for the lowest selling price. One store I worked at took 40% off without a receipt because they run coupons all the time. Without a receipt, they don't know what you paid. So it is better to hang onto your receipts. Just thought I share that.
Steph

Kempyd
05-20-2003, 02:52 PM
OK that makes sense, thanks Steph. The store manger never explained it like that to me.

I just had to drink some Aloe Vera juice and boy was that gross. I mixed it with orange juice but I could still smell it. It is supposed to help my stomach. The pain is starting to move down into my lower belly. It is like it is moving out of my system and it can't move out fast enough if you ask me.

angieME
05-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone! I have been so busy today. One of my ex sil saw me walking this morning and wanted to come over to find out how I diet. I wrote up some of my recipes for her but she is doing low carb and I think I eat alot of carbs. I told her that I walk 6 miles everyday so she wants to up her walking. She is getting remarried this summer and wants to lose some weight. I would love it if I could help someone out a bit.

Still no idea on what is going on with the pool. I think we must have a loose fitting somewhere but we dont want to screw around with it and make it worse so we are gonna get ahold of the installer and see if he has a second to come over and check it for us. I hope it isnt anything too big and expensive. It is so hot outside. I have been on the deck all day and I have a pretty good tan going now. The themometer in the pool says it is 74 right now so I guess I will be going swimming today. YES!!

Noelle, Jay got a headache today so I bet ya that I start right off. :lol: We are freaks I tell ya!!! Yeah, I know Brit is young but I think belly button rings are so cute. She's gonna have a nice little bod too.The lucky little ****! Plus we already told her no nipple piercings. YUCK!! I made her turn red with that one. he he

Sandy, How are you doing?

Hey Steph, How are you doing?

melekalikimaka
05-20-2003, 05:24 PM
What's Up? What's new? I need drugs! I can't breathe. Hehe, it makes Rick feel terrible since I "sound" so sick and I'm at work... I actually feel pretty good, but my voice is all raspy from coughing and my nose is stuffed up. Heehee, I'll play the guilt trip on him for as long as I can :lol: . Another fine day here in Hawai'i nei. I love love love my new walking shoes. No pain at all yesterday.

Angie I think you know that you help a lot of people out here. Your accomplishments are amazing and I always look to you for inspiration, so there. It feels a little different though when it's someone you actually know and is in your home town. I humbly admit that I've inspired 2 gals in my old office to start walking during their lunch hours and even 2 teachers and an aide from my son's school have started up their own little walking club. It's kinda funny and flattering. Hey, at least people are getting up off their butts though. I don't think I could ever do low carb, I like to eat rice too much. Besides, it has to be something you can do for the rest of your life right? You go girl!

Kempy hope you get that bug out of your system quick! I know what aloe vera smells like and I can't imagine having to drink it :faint: . As far as belly fat goes, I think it's hereditary. I've always had a little pooch even when I was a kid. I try not to let it bother me too much since I'm not really doing many exercises to get rid of it either. But yeah, having kids will do that to ya, so you might as well get it over with :lol: .

Sandy how the heck are you today? Got your groove back? I like riding this wagon, just wish I didn't have the urge to jump off so often...so far so good though :crossed: .

Hi Steph thanks for the insight. I never throw receipts away myself and am forever returning things or exchanging them. Wal-Mart hates me! :lol:

:wave: Hey Chris, Hello if you're out there.

laney1733
05-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Angie, here in jmy area, only the tatoo places do them. Some of the tatoo parlors won't let kids in, even with a parent. Make sure you go somewhere reputable. Belly button rings have a tendancy to heal slowly and to get infected easily so be vigilant about cleaning it and watching for signs of trouble. Good luck!:)

angieME
05-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks Serina. I think it would be gross to have done but looks so good when they are in. I had no idea they healed slow. Yuck. Jay will have to go in with her because I almost passed out when she had her ears done. :lol:

Kempy, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Noelle, It was 90 here today. Holy cow!! I even went into the pool! Of course it is gonna rain this week. I hope the weather man is wrong. haha

Sandy, Where are you?

angieME
05-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Good Morning! It is cloudy but still pretty warm today. The black flies are out like crazy. Jay is draining the pool down to where it was this winter so maybe we can figure out why we are losing water easier. It sucks becuase I just spent 120 to open it and then we lost all the water so guess what? I get to do it all over again when we fix the problem. EEEK!

Kempyd
05-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Morning! It is cloudy here too but I can only wish for rain. I just finished witha flower bed, I don't want it to die. I know I can water but it looks so much better when it gets rained on. I guess all of the stuff that is in rain water really helps the plants.

Angie that is one of the reasons I would never want a pool. If something goes wrong it is expsensive to fix it. I hope it is nothing major. I am still enviouse that you have the time and energy to have a pool and I will be really jealous in June when I can't go outside here and you are sitting in your pool.

I am doing a little better today. I can button my pants! I am still crampy right at my bikini line though. I talk to the massage therapist and she is going to work on it for me. Maybe she can move that stuff around and get it out of my system. I think if that was gone I would be ok. Until this thing leaves I can't go to the gym. I am scared to do anything to strenuous. I am going to walk Echo when I get off though. (if it isn't raining)

peekabooangel
05-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Wow, I missed a whole day!!!

Yesterday ended up being busy for me. I got up, got the kids off to school, then decided to shower and go to Walmart which is about 30 minutes away. So I went shopping all by myself and had a good time. I ended up buying 2 new pairs of capris and 2 wide strap tanks, 2 shirts for hubby and a pr of shorts for my son. Nothing for Lexi this trip? HUMMMMM.....lol, shes spoiled believe me!!! I got an airconditioner for the bedroom too, so now we will have 2 and that should do the whole house. I also bought a cheapy digital camera......so I'm trying to learn how to use it....LOL and will post a pic of the kids when I get a minute and can make this blonde head of mine work....LOL

Food is okay, think Im still on the wagon. Yesterday I ate more than normal, but not junk at all so I think it was okay.

Kempy: Hope your belley is feeling better.

Noelle: Hope your cold is better, but yes please continue to get all the sympathy you can from hubby.....

Angie: You help me every single day!!! Don't ever think your not helping....you inspire me so much. I am at where you once were and it gives me hope that I will one day be where you are now. I told my mom about you the other day, and she was like, just get in the car and go see her....LOL....so we will have to make plans some day. I mean we live only 2 1/2 hours or so apart, this is totally possible....and would be so neat.

Talk to you girls later...

melekalikimaka
05-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey girls, just popping in to say hello. Killing time before my appointment w/the manicurist :lol: . Hump day for sure. My son's teacher told me he was coughing a lot during lunch yesterday and that he felt warm. Oops, I forgot the Tylenol before school, bad mom! The cough medicine lasts about 4 hours and they let him run wild on the playground before lunch when I told them to keep him inside :rolleyes:... so that's where the excessive coughing comes in. How do you keep a 4 y.o. still anyway? I suppose I should keep him home for a few days to let him recover fully but you know how those coughs sometimes linger? Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good myself, cough is clearing up nicely though if I don't take my meds I have a major frog in my throat.

Sandy, a shopper after my own heart. My family jokingly calls me the "walmart" shopper. I go there at least twice a week, and if I don't go there on a weekend that's very unusual. See my problem is is that I don't make a list when I shop and then I always forget to buy something that I needed, then I have to go back. I know what you mean about spoiling the kids w/clothes/toys, etc. I think if I had a daughter (which I'm working on :devil: ) the clothes situation would be worse than it is w/my son. As it is, he has enough clothes for 3 or 4 kids. I need to cut back, big time. Oh yeah, I think it would be neat if you could meet up w/Angie. I had a chuckle though, if I drove 2.5 hours anywhere on this island I'd end up going around the whole thing 2.5 times! :lol: That's how small this rock is.

Angie hope you can find out what's wrong w/the pool. I can't believe you guys hit 90 degrees! Weren't you guys just in the 60's? I don't know how I'd act if we had that kind of variation day to day. The most we get is 20-25 degrees difference, night and day.

Kempy hope that massage gets the gunk out of your system. Hooray on the buttoned pants :dancer: . I was thinking, what's the best time of year to visit LA? I don't want to go there in the summer where the temps and humidity are sky high, Is fall a good time? When the temps are cooling down but it's still a bit warm? I have 2 sisters that have major wanderlust and I was telling them we should go back to New Orleans since I didn't have a chance to really get out and visit all that I wanted to.

One last thing, who do ya think? Ruben or Clay? Or don't you care? I don't really care either way, I think both of them are great. I think it's a bit eerie the way Ruben reminds me of Luther Vandross...anyone hear what's up w/Luther? Is he still in a coma? Maybe if he passes, he'll be reincarnated as Ruben Studdard :lol: .

peekabooangel
05-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Noelle: Not much driving there then huh? Does it cost much to hop a plane or boat to go to another Island to visit, or just to get away?

Humm now??????Ruben or Clay??????:dizzy: They are both really good, so I have a hard time picking, but If I had to, I think I would pick Ruben....he's just such a big Teddy Bear...and I love his voice....

Kempyd
05-21-2003, 04:21 PM
I think I would pick Clay. He is a little more marketable to me. Although he does sound like he should be on Broadway. I loved the first song that he sang, even though Randy and Paula didn't like it. What do they know. :lol:

Sandy I can drive 2 1/5 hours and be in Florida at the beach. I know if I had been chatting with someone for awhile and they lived close I would deffinetly go see them. I think it would be really cool. I mean I like the person on the site I am sure I would get along with them in person.

Angie I am at 90 right now. They say it is only going to be 85 over the weekend. WOW!! A low temp and low humidity? Who would have thought that was possible in south LA in May?

Noelle this weekend would be good. :lol: I wouldn't come in the summer you are right about that. Maybe September or October would be a good time. I hope that if you do come my way we can get together. Maybe you and your sisters can come to my house for a BBQ. I am only about 30-45 minutes away from New Orleans. The interstate runs right to my town so it is a no-brainer drive.

angieME
05-21-2003, 05:05 PM
I think it would be cool if we could all meet up on a vacation sometime. I would love to meet all of you in person. I already feel like I know you so well. :lol:

Sandy, I was trying to get my mom,sis and moms best friend together to go overnight to Portland on a shopping spree but we couldn't pick a date and now my sis has to have surgery this summer to remove an ovarian tumor or cyst so now I don't know when we will be going. I was going to try to meet you then. She is actually looking forward to the surgery so she can have the summer off from work so maybe I will still get to go. How far from Portland are you? I wished we lived near each other so we could hang out and walk together and stuff.

Noelle, I still want to go to Hawaii so bad. Every time I see a pic I always say to Jay how lucky you are to see that beautiful scenery everyday. He is into volcanos too. He would like to actually see one.

Kempy, It is really windy out right now and dark. I think we are going to get a thunderstorm. I am trying to decide if I should do the other 3 miles now or wait until later and hope it doesn't rain.

Oh yeah, I think I am going to change my goal weight to 135. I know I should still weigh less for my height but I stayed there longer than 130 so I figured since I am comfy right now then 135 should feel great. Maybe when i hit it I will try to go lower but it is birthday time all summer so there are going to be parties every month and I don't want to depress myself too bad by not being allowed to enjoy them. We usually go to Weathervane for me and the twins birthday and I want to take Jay out for his birthday. We have June 16 my neice B-day, June 17, my parents anniversary, June 18, Jays b-day,June 28, my dad's B-day.
July 1,me,mom,twins B-day.July 8, my uncles B-day.August 12 my cousin and his son's b-day, August 25, me and Jays anniversary. Lots of celebrations with tons of ice cream cake. hehe

peekabooangel
05-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Angie,
I'm like half way from your house to Portland. So, anyway that would be great to meet up sometime, or we could just meet sometime...that would be cool too. I can always drive to you...LOL and make a day of it. I don't mind driving at all, so long as I have good directions.

I think we talked about this before....My anniversary is August 26th, the day after yours...LOL too cool.

angieME
05-21-2003, 05:27 PM
That is cool. I always consider my anniversary present that the kids usually start school on that day. :lol:

I would love to meet you!! It would be cool.

Kempyd
05-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Angie I meant to tell you that one of the instructors that works here has a birthday of July 1. The make it just a little weirder.... I was born at 3:10 PM she was at 3:15 PM (exactly one year apart), her name is Cathy and her boyfriend is Joey, I am Kempy and hubby is Joe. That just sounds so weird. Oh yeah, my brothers b-day is June 29, the day after your dad. I guess we are closer than we thought. ;)

melekalikimaka
05-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey gals. To answer a few questions...

Sandy the price of inter-island plane fare has risen dramatically over the past couple of years. We only have 2 airline carriers that compete so their rates go up several times a year and one or the other is always on the verge of bankruptcy...right now it costs about $78 one way to another island, the closest island to Honolulu where I am is Kauai, which is probably a 20 min. plane ride. The farthest from me is Hawaii (The Big Island) which is a 45 min-55 min. plane ride. So if I took my family of 3 for an island getaway weekend, it would cost me about $468 just for airfare! Not cheap by any means. That airfare's already half of what it would cost just to fly me to Bangkok to go shopping :lol: and I think you know where I'd rather go. So that was the long answer to your question. I don't know of any boat charters that actually hire out to take people to other islands. I can't imagine that it would be any cheaper than flying, but maybe you could do some great fishing on the trip out. Once every few years our whole family goes to an outerisland. It's been a while, I think the last time we went to Kauai together was in 1997, when Princess Di died. This year over the 4th of July weekend we're planning on going to Maui. Yup, it's a great place to live, expensive as heck, but very beautiful.

Funny thing though, i keep telling Rick that I want to travel to the East coast. The farthest east I've been is Chicago, IL and south to New Orleans, but I want to see New England--so different from anything I've ever lived in. And now I've got 2 reasons to want to go there--Angie and Sandy :) .

Angie I think adjusting your goal is fine. If you're comfortable where you're at now, you can diet down to 135 and you'll have that much leeway as a comfort zone. I read somewhere that "thin people" take action against weight gain when it fluctuates up to 5 lbs. Me, (as a genetically predisposed fat person), I don't worry unless it goes beyond 10 :lol: . I guess that's where my problem is, huh? I have some funny (to me) news. My sister that's closest in age to me--the toothpick skinny one that eats junk food all the time--she went for her annual check up last week and she found that she gained 10 lbs over the last year! She now weighs 126 lbs. Sheesh! She's about 5'5" so that's a healthy weight for her, but in high school she was only around 85-90 lbs...and after giving birth to 2 kids she still was only 110-115. So there is justice in this world. Yeah, make my sis gain a little weight will ya? hehe. The lowest weight I got to was 131, and at 5'3" I felt skeletal! Oh well, no danger of that happening anytime soon.

Kempy that BBQ is a must do if we're ever in town. I'll put that bug in their heads if we don't do Bangkok or Disneyland/Vegas.

So will someone please tell me (when it's over) who won the darn American Idol contest???? Please please please?

angieME
05-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Sandy, You know that would be great if you could come up some day after we get the pool fixed and the kids could all go swimming and we could hang out. That would be fun. Or shopping would be fun too. :lol: The repair guy is coming Saturday morning so I have my fingers crossed that he can fix it. I don't really want to have to buy a totally new liner. I really have to overcome my fear of driving. It isn't so much the straight driving as it is the parking and different lanes and stuff. I am a wuss!! I know what it is. I hate to have people stare at me and I am afraid I will do something wrong or cause an accident and get stared at.

Kempy, that is weird with your friends birthday and yours. so close, names too. Brittany was born on my cousins daughters birthday exactly 1 year apart too. People must get really bored in the fall and winter and make babies for the summer. :lol:

Noelle, Holy cow it is expensive for you to be able to go anywhere. Now I see what you mean about at least we can all drive state to state. How upset was your sister at putting on 10 pounds?

It is cold today. I just did my walk and I am sitting here with frozen fingers trying to type.

Kempyd
05-22-2003, 01:02 PM
And the winner is RUBEN!!!! They slipped up twice thought last night and said that they both had recording contracts and that their albums were getting released at the same time. I think they were both great.

Angie what do you mean your fingers are cold? Is it cold up there again? I hope it isn't anything major with your pool. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Noelle coming to my house doesn't sound as fun as going to Disney or Vegas. :lol: I guess it is b/c I live in New Orleans so I can't imagine people loving this place. Walking on the river can be fun though.

Sandy and Jen where are you two?

I am trying to get myself back into working out again. I got up and did 30 mins of kickboxing. I wasn't to sure how it would make my tummy feel. I am ok though. I told Joe that I am going to use this weekend as the stepping stone back into the gym. I am sure that we will be working in the yard so I am going to try to keep my heart rate up while I am doing it.

peekabooangel
05-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Good afternoon girlies,
Wow, where did the day go? I'm at work but I'm taking off early....want to go grocery shopping and beat the mad rush tomorrow cause of the holiday weekend, it always seems the store gets so busy, but also the toursist are arriving and my community has tons of vacationers....we live on the coast so thats where they want to be.
Angie, my kids would love the pool, they both love the water. Its pretty nice here today, but I think the temp is in the 60's. Maine, you gotta love it, we hit 90 then back to 50 and 60, not to mention the nights we hit 40 still.
Kempy Im here!!! Havnt you seen me post? I know not as much as usual but life has seemed busier these past 2 weeks.
Noelle: Hope all is going good on the island. I always wanted to go to Hawaii, but well maybe just for a visit, I like to be able to go places. It's expensive for us to fly there too.

Well gotta run, check back later.
Hugs, Sandy

melekalikimaka
05-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Hooray! Sandy thanks for reminding me of the Monday holiday...I plum near forgot :lol: ! I'm at home this morning since my son woke up with a fever again. Kept him home from school today, getting my laundry done at the same time. I hope this darn cold bug would just git!

Kempy I feel the same way about living here in Hawaii--I mean, the weather's great and all, but the beach is always here and I don't even go to it :lol: . The last time I went to the big island (where the only active volcano is) was about 7-8 years ago. Waikiki I avoid for the most part. I guess the scenery is nice and you can drive and stop at your leisure. People are great too (hehe) . I'd love to get back to New Orleans though, prowl through the French Quarter and check out all the sights--and shopping anywhere on the "mainland" is always better than here.

Angie my sister wasn't "upset", but she was surprised! What did she think? That she would have excellent metabolism forever? She's 34 now and her bad eating habits are finally catching up to her (via expanding waistline). She's still skinny though, I wonder what her cholesterol level is? I had to laugh though, because now she's starting to pay more attention to what goes in her mouth.

Jen, where ya hiding hon? Hope your sunburn is healing nicely. Come say hi will ya?

angieME
05-22-2003, 09:12 PM
I didn't get in my 6 miles today because with the holiday coming up we have been doing extra work so I went with Jay to deliver this afternoon and didn't get to eat supper until almost 7. I just grabbed Subway but I was craving pizza so bad!! I have been wanting to eat ALL day today so my period had better start soon!! I am dreading tomorrow with all the tourists coming up but the money will be awesome! :lol:

Would you guys like to plan a vacation together sometime? I think that would be so fun. We could pick a place and all meet up for a weekend or a week and party and shop. :lol: I have only been to New Hampshire really so to leave New England would be cool!

I feel guilty because I didn't get in my whole walk so maybe I will go jump on the elliptical for a while. I am sad I know!!! :lol:

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Hey girls, I'm still around. Had a REALLY bad week, just about gave up, hit a low. I mean I wasn't just in a rut, I was about 200 feet down. I'll be back later, or maybe tomorrow. Hope you all are doing good. Bye!!!

melekalikimaka
05-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Jen, enthusiasm for living this healthy lifestyle waxes and wanes for most of us. Like me, for instance (and I KNOW HOW IT IS!), I fall off the wagon quite often, but I dust myself off and get back on. Sometimes it takes a couple of running starts before I can get my butt situated again, but I keep trying and eventually I get myself a good firm hold on. **Oops, I thought I had a good hold on, but my son just came home from shopping w/his dad and here I am sneaking a lick from his ice cream cone :rolleyes: . Ok, the upside is that it's a low-fat vanilla cone from McD's so it's actually not that bad, I just don't want to make that a daily habit... anyway, the point is that you keep looking forward and trying your best to make better choices. I'll get off my soapbox now (burp). :D

Angie, I like the trip idea...just can't discuss it right now, got to get to bed--more tomorrow! Good night all.

Kempyd
05-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Jen gald to see you showed up again. Noelle is right, we are all falling off and getting back on. You are only human. Keep your head up and don't stop posting.

Anige I would love a trip too but how are we going to get you on a plane? :lol: I know how much you love to fly. :lol: I think it is great for you with this weekend. MONEY MONEY MONEY!!

I am really ready to go already. It is only 10:30. I do have a massage scheduled for 3 so I can't go anywhere. I have to test out the new massage therapist. I don't even have to pay for it. I know poor me.

I just got my paycheck and the stupid thing is not as high as I thought it was so I guess we wont be doing anything this weekend. THAT SUCKS!!!

melekalikimaka
05-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Hey gals...getting ready for the long weekend? I got to stay home again this morning as my son was still coughing too much to send to school. So I went grocery shopping and bought me a nice big, juicy watermelon for $.17 a lb. That's a good price for here since they usually run about $.29 and up. And it's a good one too, locally grown, not the ones from Mexico like you'd get from Sam's or Costco. Oh yeah, also got some fresh strawberries, a pineapple and some apples. So I'm all set for some nice healthy snacks this weekend. Has anyone tried tofu salad? I love it. I make it w/tofu, canned salmon, tomatoes, bean sprouts, water cress, carrots, onions and a shoyu salad dressing :T .

Angie must be busy rolling out and rolling in the dough :lol: . Too busy to pop in, well, maybe later. Sandy, hope you gals are having a nice summery Maine kind of day.

Kemp geez what a life. A free massage? and access to all the professional grade gym equipment? I'd have the body of a God too (I forgot, I already do, unfortunately, it's Buddha :lol: ) So what's your rating for this therapist?

Jen what's cooking in your neighborhood?

Well, I better stop here for now so I can get out of this office. Funny, I just got here ...

angieME
05-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Oh my god I was so busy yesterday. I had to start baking the minute I woke up and didn't get done until 7 last night. I squeezed in a 1 1/2 mile walk during baking but that is all I did yesterday. It made me feel bad too since I only did 4 1/2 miles the day before because of all the rain. Money will be nice though.

Pool guy will be here at 10. Good thing too because that baby has lost alot of water this week.

I ate a few of the damn cookies yesterday. Thay are so good and now I want them gone. They are frozen and you just bake them so it is an easy temptation to give into. What was I thinking ordering those? :lol:

I am down 1 1/2 pounds this week but...I still haven't started my period and I think my cravings hit me hard yesterday. I may get lomein today but I am not sure yet. All I can say is it is a good thing I live in the boonies because last night all I wanted to do was eat. Luckily the only thing in the house was wow chips and I am too damn lazy to walk out to the bakery and bring in any sweets. I want something good but I have been wearing my size 8 jeans all week and I am not sure I want to risk the bloat.AAAHHH!!!!

Noelle, I hope your son feels better soon. I know my kids colds always linger so much that they hand it off all winter to each other.

Oh yeah, it is cold,rainy and crappy in Maine this weekend. YUCK!

melekalikimaka
05-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Hey gals. I just got through washing 2 sets of sheets and blankets. My son slept w/me last night since he wasn't feeling too good and it's a good thing he did too. He coughed so much that he threw up twice. Luckily he hasn't been eating too much so not much came out...but I did change the blankets and sheets once and he did it again! So today i'm a portguese washer woman (well, I'm not really portuguese, but I'm married to one :lol: ) . Anyhoo, not much going on today, 'cept boring domestic stuff. I'm amazing myself! I've been home for the past 3 mornings in a row and I haven't binged once!:dancer: My hormone levels must be on an even keel :lol: . I don't care, I'm just glad that I'm in control of my eating. Oh yeah, fresh strawberries w/ff cool whip is da bomb! This weekend is going to be torture!

Angie I love fresh, warm cookies! Size 8's eh? Bravo! And congrats on your loss too. Excellent! Hope you get your pool fixed and when you do, hope the sun shines again. :flow2:

Kempy, Sandy, Jen and Chris hope you all have an excellent weekend. Check ya gals out later.

angieME
05-24-2003, 10:31 PM
This is me this afternoon. Like my new choker?

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Angie.....you look AWESOME. You Go Girl.

okay well I think I'm back, for sure this time. trying to ease myself back into the routine and the exercise right now. After that awful sunburn, I ended up gaining like 4 pounds, and got really discouraged. Almost quit........Almost. I just need to get back on track. Although the rest of the family is buying all this junk food for the holiday weekend. I didn't weigh in really this week. They weighed me at the hospital, but that was it. Doc said I had heat stroke. so that was probobly why I was feeling so bad. You all are doing so good, I'm proud of all of you. I better get going, I have a bunch of stuff to get done here before bed. I'll try and pop in again later tonight, if not I'll be here tomorrow. Bye!!!

peekabooangel
05-24-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey girls, I tried to get here earlier tonight, but we had company pop in so I could not be rude.

Noelle: hope the little guy is feeling better.

Angie: You look great!!!! Keep up the great work...I'm so envious. I love the new pic with your name.

angieME
05-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Hey girls. Finally, I can get some free time to write something. I have been so Busy this weekend. The pool is fixed. scuba man found 3 tears under where the steps go from chafing. We have steps that are shaped like a half circle that we set in the pool like an inground pool so you can just walk in instead of using a ladder and I guess they wore 3 holes in the liner. So he fixed it for $100.00 and now we need to find some padded thing to put under the steps. You would think they would tell you that or sell them at the pool places when you buy a pool,huh? We actually bought a camping mat(like a yoga mat) to put under them. At least we didn't need a new liner!! :lol:

I was a BAD girl yesterday!!! I had 2 slices of pizza hut for lunch. I was craving it so bad yesterday!!! Now then I figured I might as well get lomein for supper BUT...they only had the containers and I knew I would eat the whole thing so on the plus side I did decline chinese and bought some lowfat fried rice from Walmart in the freezer section and had that instead. BUT..... then I had to bake pastries last night for some of the accounts so I made some of those EVIL cookies and I ate 7!!!!UUUUUGH!!!!! But amazingly enough, I am totally ready to be 100% good today. It feels weird because I usually fall off for a couple days to a week. I am still learning.

I can't wait until this weekend is over so things will slow back down a little until the fourth of July. I went to the Burlington Coat Factory yesterday and they have some nice clothes but I didn't find the Junior section until I was ready to leave so I only bought a choker and a shirt. I also bought a new umbrella now even the rain can't stop me from walking. Next week I will buy more!!! :lol:

Jen, I am glad you are back and doing good. Sunburn and heat stroke too? I feel for you so bad. We are always here for you.

Sandy, How is your weekend going? Are you enjoying the weather? :lol:

Thanks for the compliments on the pic. I feel vain even having them taken but I figured I haven't posted any full length pics that are new so I might as well do it now. Those are my size 8 jeans. I also wanted to see if I looked bad on pictures. I need to get more light in the pics. I was in the bathroom with the lights on and it still came out dim looking. I guess I should read the book that came with the camera. :lol:

melekalikimaka
05-25-2003, 11:15 PM
Hey gals, just popping in on a Sunday afternoon. We have company too, my BIL's nephew and GF from NY are here. They're both college kids and are celebrating their end of school year w/a vacation in Hawaii. My dad also got back from a 2 week visit to his family in Guam. While at the airport there he met this woman who turned out to be some kind of distant relative. THey decided to spend a couple of days here before heading to the mainland so he invited them over to the house for a BBQ. So we have a full house of people just now and I just ran away for a minute (call me rude if you will, but there's like 20 other people from my family to entertain... :lol: ) . Anyhoo, this Sunday has been a munchy day, not too bad though, looking forward to getting right back on track come Monday...err, maybe Tuesday when I go back to work. We'll see how it goes. I got 2 walks in this weekend so that's some calories burned.

Angie, great pics! You look great as usual. 2 slices of pizza ain't bad, I would've had more, my "old" self would've anyway. You have a great attitude toward it and it does sound like you're "getting the hang of it" . Good job. Oops, you just made me remember that I ate cookies yesterday too. Some evil person brought home these awesome chocolate chip coffee flavored cookies, i ate 3 I think...I don't want to think about it :ink: .

Hey Sandy, thanks for the good wishes about my boy. He's still coughing a lot and runs a fever at night but he's in good spirits. I'm sure he'll be 100% by the middle of the week :crossed: .

Jen, heat stroke?!?! Whew, that must've sucked on top of the sunburn. I sincerely hope you're feeling back to your old self. Have you started peeling yet? That's the part that i hate the most.

Kempy hope your weekend is going great. It's sure freakin' hot here today. No clouds in the sky and the sun's just beating down. Not humid but not much of a breeze. The temp says 84 but it sure feels hotter than that. I'm sitting here w/the fan blowing on me. I went to the flea market today and carried my umbrella to shade me from the sun like a little old lady. The heat made me think of walking around the French Market.

Anyway, gotta get back to the peeps. That BBQ sure smells good :T . See ya gals later.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Hi all,

Still on the mission to get back on track. Just checking in real quick. I weighed in with a 3 pound loss this past 2 weeks. So I hit my may goal so far and went past my Memorial Day Goal. I will check back in again later, have to start more laundry (does it never end?) and dinner for tonight. Talk to you all later.

Happy Memorial Day!!!

angieME
05-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone!! We did a flower box around the tree in my front yard today. We had enough landscape blocks to do one level so tomorrow we are gonna buy some more and finish it and plant some flowers in it. It came out nice. I am going to get some more flowers for my deck boxes too. The deck looks nice with flowers everywhere.

I did 4 1/2 miles of walking today. the umbrella isn't big enough to cover me and Jay that good so I just did one walk this afternoon.

I am so glad this weekend is over so things will slow down again for a week. Plus the kids can go back to school again. :lol:
I know the laundry never ends at my house that is for sure. We can't seem to keep caught up with it.

Noelle, How is your son? Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon. How is your weekend going? good I hope.

Sandy, How are you doing? Did ya catch the weather forecast for this week? Geesh, when will this rain end?

Kempy, Where are ya? I hope you are having a nice weekend and you and Joe aren't in bed sick again.

Jen, CONGRATULATIONS on meeting your goal this month. Way to go girl!!

angieME
05-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah!!! I forgot to tell you guys what happened to me at my MIL bakery this weekend. I went in to help unload the donuts and my MIL sister was there so she says Hey skinny when I walked in(I hate it when people do that, it is embarrassing) So I am sitting there unloading boxes and she comes up and says"Angie, you know what you need is one of those $3000 tummy tucks and you would look perfect" What in the **** do you say to that? I said well its actually more like $4000 and just laughed. She then says well that really is all you would need because you don't have any *** or anything.It would be all you need to look perfect. It would help after having 3 babies one right after the other. I was so embarrassed. She didn't mean to be insulting. I think she actually thought it was a compliment. It was embarrassing to say the least. haha

melekalikimaka
05-26-2003, 10:35 PM
OMG Angie I can't believe that woman said that to you !!! :censored: I would've been mortified too :o . I think you had an excellent response though. I would just let it go. I think you look great in your pics, so what if you have a little stomach--I can't even tell. I read an article in a parenting magazine a week or so ago, it was about this woman who was so bothered by her tummy years after having given birth. Yet her husband was really supportive and told her that he loved it since it was just evidence that she had used her body to create their children...it was sweet and well written. I wonder if it was fiction? :lol:

Anyways, I just got up from a nap I took w/my son. He's still a little under the weather, it's been 2 weeks already. I need to take him back to the doc to see why he's not improving. He's in good spirits though, but he keeps running a temp. That can't be good :?: . I just hope it's nothing major! My eating's been a little off this weekend but I know that once I get back into the work week I'll be fine. I've been doing fine on the walking and even went out and bought another pair of those New Balance shoes I like so much. I always can't find the same shoe the next time I need to buy so i figure I'm ahead of that game this time around. I also bought 2 other pairs of slip on sandals... I feel like Imelda Marcos and her 1000+ pairs of shoes :lol: .

How's this weekend been for all you other gals? Hope it's great. i'll check back w/ya later. have a good night.

Kempyd
05-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Hey guys! You have been busy posting so where have I been? We had my family over on Sunday so we were busy Sunday getting to house and yard in order. Yesterday was a dayof laying around doing nothing. I feel terrible today. Kind of yucky feeling inside from sitting around eating ice cream. (shame on me)

Jen what a terrible thing to have, I don't think I have ever had heat stroke. Glad that you hit your goal though.

Angie you look awesome! You have always look great to me though!

Sandy I hope your rain has stopped. We finaly got a good rain last night. We really havn't had a good rain in weeks and I was tired of watering the yard. This morning my grass so a bright green. It is really amazing to me how much rain water helps things.

Noelle this past weekend it was actually quite nice outside.The humidity was low so it was nice to sit out on the deck with the family Sunday.

peekabooangel
05-27-2003, 01:04 PM
Hey chicks,
Like my new avatar? A lady from the other thread I post on put it up for me....I love it.
Guess what, guess what, guess what???????? Today I became an auntie again. At 9:00a.m. this morning little Kaylee Anne was born in to this world. This is my step brothers 2nd child. I havn't been to the hospital yet to see her, but I will go maybe tomorrow if they have not come home yet. She has a big family so I know she will be busy today, and I think she was up all night in labor, so I figured I would hold back a bit.
The sun tried to peek in a minuted ago, but now it's overcast again.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...rain rain go away.....talk to you all later.

angieME
05-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Just a quick post. I am so running behind today. I have a sore throat so I went to the docs to get a strep test. The one in the office came back negative so he did a culture and I will know for sure on Thursday. It is probably just a normal cold but hey I wanted to know for sure. :lol:

I got my box all built around the tree so i will be planting some flowers tonight. I'll post a pic if it looks good. haha

I only got in 1 1/2 miles this morning because I had to go to the docs and Dover for flowers. I'll post more later. Have a good day!!

angieME
05-27-2003, 09:38 PM
I love your avatar Sandy!! You must be so excited to be an auntie again! It was pretty nice up here today after 9. Sunny and warm and of course I am sick. Figures huh?

Noelle, I like to buy shoes by the pairs too when I have money. Good job on exercising even though your food has been a little off. Every bit helps.

Kempy, You can have our rain. :lol: We have been getting it all last week and it is supposed to do it all this week too.

I got the flower box all done and it looks great. I cant wait until the flowers get bigger and fill it in more. Now I need to find something to do to the other side of the lawn to balance it out. Any ideas?

I got so busy planting flowers that I forgot to cook supper. Jay got him and the kids pizza and bought me Subway. He is so good to me.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey girls,

Not much has been going on lately here. Walked 4 miles yesterday and so far 2 today. I plan on doing more later. I'm going to the gym tomorrow. I need to get my butt back on that bike. I also need to get back on here and start posting again. It really helps.

Well instead of South Dakota, we have decided to go to New Mexico. Down to Taos, and Santa Fe and down along the Turquoise Trail. Should be fun. I've never been there. I wanted to stop at Ojo Caliente, but they no longer let children under 15 there anymore. Bummer :( So I need to make up an list of all the places we want to go and map it all out. We are going to do the "take a Llama to Lunch" hike. They cook you a meal and you take a llama and a guide and go on a hike into the Sangre De Cristo Mountains and have lunch. So that sounds like fun.

Angie: That was awful, what she said to you. I would have started crying. Was she trying to be helpful, or does she say things like that often? Hope your flowers are looking good. And I hope you start feeling better soon.

Sandy: Congratulations on becoming an auntie again. That is so cool. I'm happy for you. And I love the avatar!!

Noelle: Do you like the New Balance shoes? I need to get a new pair, I just can't seem to find any that I really like.

Kempy: How are ya doing?

Well I think I'm off for now. Need to get the kitchen cleaned up, so I don't have to do it in the morning. Talk to you all later. Good night!!

angieME
05-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Beautiful ladies!!!! Rise and shine!!! It isn't sunny today but it isn't raining either YET. I went for a walk with the kids last night because Jay was behind schedule. They are so slow. How can a little skinny kid be so slow. My kids are Gameboy kids and exercise isn't there thing. I was at the top of the hill and I looked back and they were halfway down it looking like they wanted to lay down. :lol:

My throat feels so gross. No matter how much I brush my teeth it is still gross. I hate that the most!!

Jen, Have fun on your vaca. That sounds like so much fun, Can I come too? :lol: I wished we had something nice to see around here.

I let Rebel out on the front lawn with me and Jay while we were doing the flower box. He is such a good boy. He kept looking at the badminton racket and then back at me(That is how he tells us what he wants) So I started to play badminton with him and we did it for about an hour and he would keep bringing the birdie back to me. It was so cute. I can't call it a birdie in front of him though because he loves to "go get the birdie" in the field and I was afraid he would think there was an actual bird and run off. haha

He is so cute!!

Kempyd
05-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey guys! It is almost 12 here and I am just now getting on the site. I have been trying to track down a guy who bounced a check to us. He knew when he wrote it that it would come back. Stupid guy! I would have held it for him if he would have asked. To make it worse he works right across the street from here.

Jen that trip sounds great. Joe and I keep talking about taking a long weekend and just driving around. Maybe up to Kentucky or something. I think it would be neat to go through all of the little towns that most people forget about. After all I live in a small town and I think it is so cute. When do you leave?

Noelle I get a break on my shoes through New Balance. They have a program for people in the fitness industry. I only have had one pair but I loved the way that they fit.

Sandy where did she find that avatar? That is soooo cute. I can never find ones that I like enough to use.

Angie do you have a tree on the other side of your yard too? Is there anything you can build something around? I love plants so you are asking the right person. We stopped working on the new beds this weekend. It is gettting to late in the season to really plant anything. Now I am going to work on my pot plants. I have lots of repotting to do plus now that I have the deck I have lots of space to put plant groupings.

angieME
05-28-2003, 08:30 PM
It will look better once the plants grow bigger.and the grass grows back

angieME
05-28-2003, 08:32 PM
I was thinking of making a path off the walkway and putting a couple of those little stone benches on the other side and adding a few flowering shrubs beside the benches so it looks like a little seating garden. What do you think I should do over there Kempy?

PS: Sorry the pics are so dark. I just took them before it got dark outside.

peekabooangel
05-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Angie: The flower box looks great...good work.

Kempy: I know the answer to that e mail you sent about Paul Harvey. I only know because my kids had that question in Sunday school....do you know the answer?

angieME
05-28-2003, 08:34 PM
What is the answer? I dont know!!!

peekabooangel
05-28-2003, 08:38 PM
The answer is.............NOTHING.....

Nothing is greater than God, Nothing is more evil than the devil, the poor have nothing, the rich need nothing....

angieME
05-28-2003, 08:41 PM
COOL!!! Kids are so smart.

Sandy, Your avatar is so cute. I have teddies all over my kitchen.

Kempyd
05-28-2003, 09:17 PM
I had no idea what it was. My sister even called to ask me if I knew it. It makes total sense now.

I like your idea Anige. You could even get a big arbour and have vines growing up it with the benches underneath it. That looks like a big area so your options are limitless. Of course it all depends on how much money you want to spend. You could even do a big wooden swing. I would make the area on the ground a little larger so that you could put pot plants on the sides. This way when it gets cold you can pull them in and then they will still be alive next spring. You will be the first person on the block with nice plants out. I usually go to HGTV.com a look through some of their ideas. Better Homes and Gardens is a good site too. I really don't know what to tell you with the plants becasue our climates are so different. I still have to play around with things that are native here. I would have your yard looking like you lived in Louisiana. :lol:

peekabooangel
05-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Noelle: My hubbys cousin that is stationed over there somewhere? I'm clueless? Anyway they had their baby yesterday at around 7 am your time. Not sure where or whatever, but it was a girl and now I remember her name.....****....I hate when I have mental blocks....anyway the parents are Cortney and Ricky Taylor, so just look for that in the paper that you were talking about. If you find it, could you please cut it out and mail it to me, I will pm you my address if you find it in the paper. I would love to give it to my hubbys aunt, she would just freek....LOL

Thanks a bunch.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day....
Sandy

angieME
05-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Noelle where are you anyway?? I hope your son is doing better.

Kempy, I was thinking an arbour too, my neighbors at the top of the hill have one. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sandy,WOW two babies born this week. WOOHOO!!! Do the ones from Hawaii come home often. How long will it be before you meet the new baby?

Jen, How is your week going? Good I hope.

peekabooangel
05-29-2003, 10:08 AM
I think they are flying home sometime in the fall for a visit. I'm not sure. Yes 2 babies in one week. Then we are still waiting for another one that is due within a week or so from another cousin. Babies galore.

Kempyd
05-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Don't throw that baby thing down my way. :lol: I am glad that we don't have babies galore right now. That is a really good idea about the birth announcment Sandy. I am sure your aunt would love that.

Anige I am dying to start planting again. Joe's check went in this morning and I am already mentally spending it on pots and things. :lol: Did you check out those sites yet? I even belong to a garden and landscaping book club. I have a really good book about deckscaping. I look at it about every other day trying to deceide what to do out there.

OK.... I HAVE HAD IT...... I am gaining weight again! I am back to only wearing 2 pairs of my jeans again. I am so mad at myself today. Joe could hear it in my voice this morning. I am thinking this might be the thing that will get me back on track. I don't think you guys can fully understand how bad it is around here for me when I am gaining weight. I am the only one that weighs more than 115 pounds. I am surrounded by aerobics instructors and I think that might makes it worse. I have a bad habit of really thinking badly about myself. I wish I knew of a way to chenge that pattern. I have been doing it for so long I have no idea where to start. I was always the fat friend so I think that might be where it started. I am sorry to be laying all of this on you guys but I neede someone to hear what I was saying. God knows that no one around here understands me about this.

angieME
05-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Kempy, I totally understand what you are saying. I know that when I am not eating right I feel so guilty about it that I don't leave my house out of shame and embarrassment that I can't control myself. I wished I had some words of wisdom but I am not good with things like that. I do know that you did so well all winter so you know that you can do it. I also know that the groove is such a hard thing to get back into so I know where you are coming from.

Don't think badly of yourself though. I think you are so beautiful and look great!! Just remember that the arobics instructors get paid to workout so they have to do it all the time. We are just normal people that have to work around our work and life schedules while their workouts are already fitted in. You can lay all of your feelings on us...thats what were here for. We can offer all the advise and encouragement we can.

If you like ice cream you really should try to find some Blue Bunny. I am so addicted to that stuff. :lol: I have been making a waffle cone with that in it every night for 2 weeks and I have been losing pretty good. Let me tell you it feels weird to be eating an ice cream cone every night and still be losing weight.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. I am here for you anytime!!!

Kempyd
05-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Where do you get the blue bunny? Are the waffle cones healthy? How much do you put in it? Tell me everything.

I never thought about the instructors that way. Thanks. I guess I am just having a bad day and everything is getting to me.

angieME
05-29-2003, 12:57 PM
I get mine at the SuperWalmart. I know Noelle can get it somewhere else but I can't remember where she said it was. I get the Keebler waffle cones. They are 50 calories and1 gram of fat. I have a tiny scoop so I use about 5 scoops. If I had an average sized scoop I would use 2 or maybe 3. I fill it to the top of the waffle cone. I save it for 8 or 8:30 at night because that is when I have the most trouble not eating and it does feel like I am cheating. I get Brownie Fudge Fantasy. It has lots of brownie chunks in it. I also like Turkey Hill fat free yogurt too. Can you get that near you?

Kempyd
05-29-2003, 01:09 PM
I have never heard of Turkey Hill so I don't think we have it here. I have to run to the store today to get some cat litter, maybe I will brave Wal-Mart to get some of that ice cream. I will not go there after 5 b/c the place is a zoo. I have a freezer at work so I could keep it here until I leave.

melekalikimaka
05-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Hey chickies! :wave: Here I am. I'm sitting at my desk eating mint'n'creme oreos :ink: . Why? I don't know, because they're there. :( I finally got my son well enough to go back to school today. It's the last week of the regular school year then next week starts the summer program. We'll see how he fares today. My eating has been totally out of control. I want to get back on track, I just can't seem to stay on it though. I did so well last week, then the long weekend came up, then my mom's b-day yesterday...then I have a wedding anniversary party to go to on Friday night. I seem to make excuses for myself to "start again" on Monday--every freakin' week. Hmph! I need to just get with the damn program and DO IT ALREADY! I'm up yet another couple of pounds...creeping back up to 180 :o , and not really fighting it. *sigh* OK, I'm putting the cookies in the trash and drinking my water now. I've got to get a swift kick in the *** please. The funny thing is is I went out on Tuesday night and I when I went to the restroom and saw myself in the full length mirrors, I thought I looked pretty darn good. I guess I need to take more pictures of myself to see the truth--am I at a comfortable weight for me? NO. I look much better than I did a few months ago, but I still feel fat and uncomfortable. I'm wearing some denim capris today w/an elastic waist band for god's sake...I feel like an old lady. OK, enough whining already. Just get off your *** and start again :drill: . The main thing is that I start again--giving up is not an option.

Angie your home/yard are beautiful. I can tell you your style of house would cost about $380K + here in Hawaii. It's ridiculous! And w/the mortgage interest rates so low, the prices of houses are going UP and demand is HIGH and choices are limited. Oh yes, the price of paradise.

Aunt Sandy, twice the congratulations and good wishes to your families new additions :bb: . How exciting! :love: I'll be on the lookout for the vital statistic announcement. I don't think the Dept. of Health submits the data anymore to the newspaper so the parents would have to submit the picture and info for their baby--it's a free service w/the Honolulu Advertiser and they can even do it online. A lot of people do it so I'll definitely be looking for the Taylor baby. Congrats again! Love your avatar too. Very cute.

Kempy, it's not your fault you work around twigs. That's so true what Angie said, they get paid to work out. You are a beautiful lady and you need to see that yourself. I know how you feel when working around people who are skinnier...I am always the fat girl. Well, that's why we're here right? to change all that? It's tough and sometimes we just don't feel like making the effort, but you know what? As long as we keep trying, it's gonna be okay. Hmmm, Blue Bunny? I find it at Costco or Sam's Club even, or pretty much any major grocery store. Never heard of Turkey Hill though.

Kempyd
05-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Where are you guys today? It is Friday!!!!! I have been looking forward to this day all week. Joe is coming home at leats for the night. He went fishing on Wednesday with his company. Boy, what a terrible job he has huh? We are going on a date tonight. :cp: I really wont see him taht much for the next 2 months so I think he is feeling bad about not being around. Talk about absence makes the heart grow fonder.

We are going to go to dinner and a movie and then straight home. :devil: I can't beleive I will be alone for that long. I am going to have to find things to keep me away from food while he is gone. I have been wanting to finish painting our bathroom so maybe this is the best time to get it done.

What are you guys up to today?

peekabooangel
05-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Kempy: I know you said Joe is a fireman. I'm confussed. Does he work far away from home? And is he gone lots? As much as sometimes I need a break from hubby and kids, I think I would be devistated if it were going to be 2 months. I could never have been an military wife, I think I'm to needy...LOL...

Angie: Where are you? Your almost always the first to post. Are you busy baking? Has the season begun?

Noelle: I forgive you for not posting yet, because it's still early there, but you should be getting up really soon and reading...So Good morning to you.

Jen: Where are you?

Hugs to all

PS) Kempy, I think she got the teddybear maybe from the Incredimail site? I don't know, but I know you can save stuff from there and use it as a picture...I use incredimail for my mail program at home, and there is just tons and tons of stuff, I love it.

melekalikimaka
05-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone. Sandy, I'm up and awake...good morning and good afternoon to you too :D . I forgot to mention that my first cousin in San Diego gave birth to a little girl on 5/22 I think. It's her 3rd child. She's a year younger than me, got married after I did and has had no trouble just popping those kids out :rolleyes: . I guess I'm just a little envious, huh? I want another one. tickticktick goes the biological clock.

Kempy, I was wondering the same thing, about the amount of traveling Joe does. Have fun on your date! What movie are you going to see? I hear the reviews for The Italian Job are supposed to be good....not that you'd probably go and see this but I got to see a sneak preview of Finding Nemo on Tuesday night. I think it's released today. It is another excellent kids movie from Pixar. I loved it. It was so funny at one point that I was actually crying in my seat I was laughing so hard. For those of you w/young kids, I highly recommend this one.

Angie what's on your agenda today? We got up to 90 degrees yesterday. I didn't really notice because I stayed indoors w/my A/C on, cool as a cucumber.

Tonight I have to go to a 50th wedding anniversary party, then tomorrow is my son's Aloha Program at school for all the graduating preschoolers w/lunch afterward...Sunday we're going out to a brunch for my mom's belated b-day celebration. Need I say that I'll probably have to "get back on track" on Monday AGAIN??? Oh well, I'm in a much better frame of mind today so I will make good choices of what goes in my mouth. I don't want anymore oreos sitting on my hips thank you very much.

***Is anyone an AMAZING RACE fan? It started last night...I'm already getting a feel for who I'm gonna hate :lol: ...

angieME
05-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Sorry, I haven't posted but all **** broke loose yesterday so I have been busy. Turns out that my numbnuts for a BIL(baker man remember him?) thought there was no need to get licensed and inspected when he moved his kitchen to his house so apparantly for the last year he has been doing it illegally. Oh do I hope he gets his!!! Well, he got busted and lost his accounts and I got them. I so hope they prosecute the jerk!! So I have been busy getting my insurance papers and licenses and lists together so I could give them to his old accounts so that I can now have them. FINALLY!!!! Now I can make some money. :lol: Now lets all hope he loses his *** and moves to another state.

I stress ate yesterday, 3 cookies and some Blue bunny yogurt. I was so mad after I realized I did it. Then today I had a cookie and I have been nibbling on WOW Doritos. I need to stop doing that. I am 7 pounds from goal. STOP IT ANGIE!!!

I need to walk and it is raining out. YUCK!!!

Kempy, How do you manage while Joe is gone? I would fall apart if Jay was gone that long. I wished I lived near you, I could keep you company.

Noelle, I love the amazing race but I had to right up labels for the new pastries last night so I missed most of it. I will make sure I catch it next week though.

Sandy, The season has begun!! I can't seem to catch my breath lately. It feels like I am always running. What is on the agenda for you this weekend. I am going to try to find some yard sales. Maybe I can luck out and find a weight bench. Jay has beefy arms and I know he could have LL Cool J's arms (YUM!!) if he lifted so I am trying to talk him into it. hehe

angieME
05-31-2003, 06:39 PM
I am down a pound this week. At least I was before the water retention this morning!! So what do I do? I get up and eat 2 cookies for breakfast because i ran out of cereal then I eat 2 slices of pizza for lunch and then I order lomein for supper. I will be good tomorrow though. Next Saturday I will make sure I have groceries in the house because it sure sucks to wake up and see....hhhmmm... cookies or nothing. Lets see I think I will eat cookies!! :lol:

I went to the Good will store this week and they had a pair of Calvin Klein shorts there in a size 8 brand new with the tags still on them for $7.00 so I bought them and they slid right on. That feels so strange to me. It doesn't seem possible that I did it. Again. I found some nice clothes this week. I went to a few stores that I have never been to and got a nice shirt and a jean vest and a couple more chokers and shirts. I am a SHOPOHOLIC!!!

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-31-2003, 11:47 PM
Hi all,

I hope you all are having an awesome weekend so far. I'm slow getting back on track. I don't know what it is, but it's been a little harder this time. I've been doing it, but I haven't wanted to. I did go to the gym today and walked miles on the treadmill, and 4 miles on the bike so maybe that will give me a jump start.

Congratulations on all the new babies!!!

Here I'm trying to get myself down to 210 before vacation, so far I think it's going pretty well. We're leaving next Saturday so we're starting to get really excited. My sister was going to tag along, but decided not to because she didn't want to do much of the stuff that I had planned. Oh well more room in the motor home for us. I'll be sure to take some pictures and I'll have top post them here once I figure out how to do it.

Well I better get going, I need to clean up the kitchen (again) and maybe start on some scones for tomorrow morning. I'll talk to you all later. Bye!!!

peekabooangel
06-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Angie, don't forget it's the first of the month....start us a new thread.....

Hope all is going well with everyone.