Atkins - Valentine's Day Challenge

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Challenge

Violet73
12-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Ok everyone, let's lose more weight by V-day :)

My starting weight is 219 and I hope to be in Onederland by then!

rho1640
12-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Valentines Day is about 6 weeks away - so I will go with 6 lbs -- I wish I lost fast but I just plug along and average about 1 lb a week - some weeks I get lucky and get a little more but overall about a lb ... I would rather meet my goal or maybe even surpass my goal and if I do surpass it early I can always add a few lbs to the goal

Happy New Year everyone!!

New Beginnings!

Violet73
01-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Did you guys have a good New Years? I stayed home cause I have to work today, but probably would have stayed home anyway since it was cold and rainy out.

I started back on low carb the day after Christmas and I love how less bloated I feel. I hope you all check in frequently so you can stay on track. I know that helped me in the past :)

Violet73
01-01-2013, 09:04 AM
I changed my weight ticker to reflect my goal for this challenge. I like visual things and this may help me even more than actually seeing my overall goal weight and making me feel like I will never reach it. I hope that makes sense LOL! I read here on this site that if you need to lose 50 pounds then saying you need to lose 10 pounds 5 times sounds better and less overwhelming than saying you need to lose 50 pounds. The numbers are the same, but it tricks the mind....kinda like my ticker ;)

Serenity100
01-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Happy New Year! After some rough bumps in the road, I have picked myself up dusted myself off and am back to having a low carb lifestyle. I know I can do it, I was doing so well. Main thing, plan, plan, plan. Keep accountable. That's why I love it here.:):newyear:

Shout out to my homegirl, Rho! So happy to see you are still here. I couldn't even remember my screen name, I had to search some old posts to remember it.

I'm not going to post any weight loss goals or numbers. My goal is to stay op from now until Valentine's Day. No freakn excuses!

ttfn

Violet73
01-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey Serenity! Good to see you back! :)

BrenM
01-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm in! I've got goals for June (to be able to buy clothes from Discovery that FIT nicely) and December (to be able to wear a LBD) and in order to get to THOSE goals, I need to work hard at staying on track.
My Valentines day goal: Stay OP....and lose 5 pounds (I don't lose weight fast, so to me this will be hard)

BrittStar027
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Count me in! I'm new to this particular forum (was a part of the IP forum for the duration of my IP diet) and am looking for some support and guidance! I would like to lose at least 10 lbs by Valentine's day and feel this is a reasonable goal!

AnaBee
01-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone and welcome Britt and Brenda! Serenity, great to see you again.

My goal is the same as Serenity's. I'm going to stay on plan and I'm going to plan my meals, stick to them and track them (including how I felt so I can adjust if need be). Weight loss would be great but I think for my long term success I need to get back into better meal planning habits.

Violet73
01-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Hey Bren and Britt! Hey again Ana! It's good to see more people join in. We got this!

I grilled a lot of meats the other night to have for the week and wow does that make a difference in my time schedule! I grilled steaks, chicken, pork chops and hamburger patties on my George Foreman grill. It has made life easier. All I have to do is add in the veggies for my meals and I'm done. It took maybe 30 minutes total to grill all of it. I think being prepared is key on staying on this since we need to cook so much.

I haven't tried any of the Atkins frozen meals yet and haven't seen them in my grocery store here yet, but I'm sure they have ingredients I can't have such as gluten or MSG. I'm going to look into that more though. It wouldn't hurt to have a couple on hand for backup. Have any of you tried them?

StephanieM
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey everyone! I'm back... again.

I have a goal of doing induction until February then moving onto OWL. I also have a goal of no whisky until the 11th (my one thing I indulge on) and to get back into working out more regularly. I was lifting weights and doing good, hanging around at 170 ish lbs but then the holidays hit me hard.

Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day binge-fest, Boxing Day dinner, my birthday, the party for my daughter and me and then my daughters actual birthday, New Years Eve, and New Years Day dinner. Which puts me at 173.4 this morning.

Now that it's all behind me, back to low carb/gluten free and lots of exercise. A bit of the carb flu but a yellow pepper fixed that.

Violet73
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey Stephanie :) It's good you're back ! Your liver will thank you later for doing without whiskey ;)

I wish I was starting at 170 something! How on Earth I let myself get past the 200s I will never know LOL!

I'm gluten free too and feel better without it. I haven't been officially diagnosed with celiac, but one doc told me I had all the symptoms. JOY! I do feel better without it, it's just an addiction to break ....ANOTHER one! Carbs and gluten are evil and make my body swell hehe..

StephanieM
01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
That's how I felt when I was in the 200's too! I don't want to go back there again, even if pregnant.

I haven't been diagnosed either, but gluten upsets my stomach so badly. I got a little bad during the party for me and my daughter and nibbled on things I made that had wheat in them. I ended up waking up at midnight with diarrhea, it was horrible!

rho1640
01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
so glad to see everyone here :D:D

Tomorrow I have to pick up a coffee cake from a bakery to take to knitting - I am dreading it - seriously dreading it --

Serenity100
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
:wave: Hi everyone. I am glad that we are all not throwing in the towel. We are going to fight this food thing and keep fighting till we win. One thing that I know we have to change is to be around high carb food without alternatives. For example, with all the pies and cakes and cookies, I'm sure I could have looked up some low carb alternatives and made myself and others some. But I was too darn lazy.

swinegeart
01-02-2013, 10:23 PM
I want to join!! I just got back to this site as part of my new year resolution! I am starting today at 320 pounds, I hope to lose 20 pounds for Valentines day!

Violet73
01-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Hey Serenity! Welcome Swin!

I think all of us are going to feel better coming off the sugar high from the holidays :P

I'm going to start my Leslie Sansone Walking DVD so I can start exercising a little now. It's too darn cold outside for me to walk. I need it to be a little warmer. I'm searching for some good LC soups and chili to put in the crockpot. Anyone have any recipes?

StephanieM
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Be strong, rho!

Serenity, I feel like if I made those things over the holidays I would have still overate on them. There was way too much excess on my part this year.

winegeart, welcome!

First day of induction done, down 1.8 lbs (water weight). I realise I never set a goal, I think I'd like to aim for 165 lbs. It feels good getting to change my ticker already!

Serenity100
01-03-2013, 06:41 PM
It is much better today. I know we can do this. Did y'all see that article about eating sugar (Donuts specifically) causes you to crave and then eat more sugar? Duh. We could have told them that.

I decided to do the WiiFit during the winter for fun and just to get off the couch and do something. It weighs you each day and it really makes me laugh because I really stink at everything. lol:dizzy:

swinegeart
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Oh gosh, day 2 down, and I forgot about this low carb flu thing! I'm so tired!!! How do I get past it?!

StephanieM
01-03-2013, 09:03 PM
swinegeart, I hear pickles can help.

Wheresmychin
01-04-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm in. I picked up 7 pounds over my holiday - I started induction again on the 1st - so will weigh again (officially) on the 14th of Jan.
I think I am over the first few days as I jumped out of bed this morning, 3 hours earlier than what I have been able to do the last few weeks. I go back to work on Wednesday - so will need this energy to get me up and ready at 5am.

We can do this! I'm already thinking about a shirt I want to wear on Valentines day, it doesn't fit properly yet, but I determined to be able to wear it with confidence by then.

SugarSpell
01-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Hey guys,

I'm definitely in! My goal is to be able to zip my new red dress up! I bought it during boxing week and would love wear it out on Valentines day. I don't weigh myself because I obsess over the scale, but if I were to guess I'd say I'm about 185, and need to be 170.

Violet73
01-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Be strong, rho!

First day of induction done, down 1.8 lbs (water weight). I realise I never set a goal, I think I'd like to aim for 165 lbs. It feels good getting to change my ticker already!

Changing that ticker is so much fun :carrot:

It is much better today. I know we can do this. Did y'all see that article about eating sugar (Donuts specifically) causes you to crave and then eat more sugar? Duh. We could have told them that.
:

Yeah, we know how that sugar affects us and makes us ravenous. They should come here for advice on cravings LOL! :D

I'm in. I picked up 7 pounds over my holiday - I started induction again on the 1st - so will weigh again (officially) on the 14th of Jan.
We can do this! I'm already thinking about a shirt I want to wear on Valentines day, it doesn't fit properly yet, but I determined to be able to wear it with confidence by then.

hey there! Welcome! I love your name. LOL! I know you will get into that shirt before then..just stay on track :)

Hey guys,

I'm definitely in! My goal is to be able to zip my new red dress up! I bought it during boxing week and would love wear it out on Valentines day. I don't weigh myself because I obsess over the scale, but if I were to guess I'd say I'm about 185, and need to be 170.

Hey there! Welcome! Stay on plan and you will have that red dress zipped even before Valentine's Day :)

Violet73
01-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Oh gosh, day 2 down, and I forgot about this low carb flu thing! I'm so tired!!! How do I get past it?!

Stephanie gave you very good advice. Pickles help me through the Atkins flu. You just need more salt cause your body is losing so much at first. Also, you can increase your carbs a bit. Hang in there, it gets better and then you feel better than ever!

StephanieM
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
171.2 this morning, .4 down from yesterday. Still feeling kinda gross, ketostick shows I'm fully in ketosis.

I was going to start working out today, since I haven't in two weeks. My daughter is starting daycare part time and started today, and hopefully I'll have a job by February (interview is on Tuesday!). I was hoping to use this free time to workout more and really focus on my fitness.

Day one by myself, and I am just being so lazy! Maybe it's because I haven't had a day by myself in forever. I did get a pot roast going in the slow cooker, and I will at some point fold and put away four loads of laundry, and do the floors and tidy up. But I just don't feel the workout today!

noussa
01-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am back on Atkins because I've come to realize that it is the only WOE that works for me. Started at 297 :o mid December, but have not weighed myself since! :). All I can report is that I feel great! My V day goal is simply to stay on plan until then and beyond. My birthday and wedding anniversary fall before then and I am up for the challenge! Looking forward to meeting my goal with all of you! Best of luck!

BrenM
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
I've been doing good eating wise. At least, was until today. Ate a couple bites of my DD's quisadia (sp?), then ate a whole gob full of sweet potato fries. Didn't realize how many carbs were in that. Oh, forgot, drank about 1/2 a can of Monster (full sugared stuff). And I was just thinking to myself how good I was feeling compared to before re-starting Atkins. Helps that my DD's and DH are going gluten free. So we're all supporting each other as much as possible :) Gonna weigh myself tomorrow and see if the anything has changed. I took a pic of myself in a two piece just so I can shock myself into not giving in.

lash0rty
01-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Hello ladies. I am new to this forum, although I've been snooping around for a year, but hardly posted. I am back on Atkins after trying it only for a few weeks at a time. It's always made me feel better but I'm ready to fully commit and stick to it!

My Valentines Day challenge is to lose fifteen pounds by then. Wish me luck.

StephanieM
01-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Welcome noussa, lash0rty and futurehealthyme!

I'm down 1.2 from yesterday :) So that's 3.4 lost since I started back on this four days ago. I'm exactly 5 lbs from goal. I'd like to meet goal one of these times so I'm going to stay strong :P

Everytime I went downstairs to work on laundry I stopped by my weight room and did a couple exercises. Monday I should really start doing a proper routine again though. Overall, feeling good!

BrenM
01-05-2013, 12:00 PM
In the past, every time I've told people I've lost a pound or two, I ended up gaining it back. But I'm determined to not only keep this one off, but add more "offs". lol

Madeena
01-05-2013, 12:35 PM
:wave::wave:I cannot tell you how happy I am to have found this forum! Where have I been?? I didn't even know this exsisted! Anyways, I am super over weight these days, miserable, and incrediably motivated to "transform" myself in 2013! With your posts of support, my success becomes even more real! Atkins, the low carb lifestyle works best with my family history of obseity and health issues- sooooo, onto Atkins induction diet I go... Today is Day 1 for me... Thank you all for being "here with me"- I will be visiting daily, and love the ticker graph to aid my progress with a visual... "Talk" to you all soon... :hug:

StephanieM
01-05-2013, 02:16 PM
BrenM, I tell everyone about it so I *can't* gain it back! I couldn't handle gloating about losses then gaining them back, haha.

Welcome Madeena! It'd be awesome if you checked in daily. I'm a daily weigher/check in type person and I hate when it's only me posting here.

futurehealthyme
01-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,
I was so proud of my good choices.....walked 3 miles again, had salmon with romaine, chicken salad for lunch and coffee for breakfast..THEN at 11 pm........I got out of bed and had 2 wraps with peanut butter and jelly.......
ARGH..........needless to say this morning I was up 2 pounds........
starting again........I just can't give up and the fact that I admit this to myself and you helps.
BrenM, back on the wagon right?
Welcome lash0orty and madeena!
It is good to have more people here working together for the same goal.
Congratulations Stephanie for your will power and weight loss!:carrot:
I planned my meals for today and I will stick to it......I need to hit my weekly goals.
Have a wonderful day everybody!
Talk to you Ladies tomorrow!

rho1640
01-05-2013, 04:43 PM
hey everyone - still here - whatever this bug is I either have it again or I pushed it and didn't get rid of it - I am determined to get in my minimum 10,000 steps in even today - EVEN if I have to do it 200 steps at a time in front of my chair ...

All I have had today is water, coffee and an english muffin - I'm not terribly worried about the muffin since it is all that I could even stand thinking about eating -

StephanieM
01-05-2013, 05:11 PM
futurehealthyme, it sounds like you didn't eat very much at all yesterday. You should add in more food, like healthy fats. You probably got up and binged not because you were craving carbs but just food. Do you calorie count at all? I do because I find with Atkins I can either undereat because I'm not hungry once I get over that initial hump, or because I can really overeat with all the extras like mayo.

rho, that's awesome you have a daily goal for yourself. I'm thinking of doing something similar when I go back to work. It's a sit down job but I'll be out of the house more often and they have a gym downstairs with a treadmill.

futurehealthyme
01-05-2013, 06:45 PM
StephanieM you are right!
I am adding more olive oil in my cooking and eggs (cooked in a variety of ways) in the morning.
I wasn't hungry though, I just wanted bread and didn't have any so I went for the wraps.....
But, if I balance my food intake with the right fats and calories...then maybe my cravings will diminish.
Time to find something to watch on TV while doing my treadmill walk.
I am also going to have water bottle by the bed :D so that I can have that instead of other bad choices at night.
Thank you very much for your thoughts and advice StephanieM!

Nice job rho1640 working on your goal!
I am sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you feel better soon. It is motivating seeing progress isn't it? Either 10,000 steps or whatever else we plan to do for the day.
I am recording my daily exercises on a calendar each day and it is a good visual on my desk. I do it on my computer in a Word doc as I write what I eat each day but....seeing it every time I walk by my desk....helps me!
Good luck Ladies!
I will check in tomorrow and will - God help me - share my good choices and progress!

StephanieM
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
169.4 This morning! And I got my TOM. I don't know if it dropped down again because of my TOM or if this means it will be dropping down more once it's done. I'm enjoying these initial losses though :) I know it will slow down.

StephanieM
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
futurehealthyme, I have a horrible past history of cheating on this diet. It got me nowhere, because everytime I did it I stopped losing weight for at least 3 days. It's totally not worth it.

futurehealthyme
01-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I agree StephanieM...not worth it!
Can you please help me figure out how to add a weight tracker on my messages?
Thank you.

SugarSpell
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
At the top left, click User CP, then Edit Signature, and you should find a link that helps you create one. You need to be a member for 20 days or have 20 posts to make a signature, I think.

futurehealthyme
01-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Thank you so much SugarSpell!
I need to wait for the 20 days...by then hopefully my weight tracker will show a decent change
Thanks again!

SugarSpell
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Any time FHM! :)

I told myself I wouldn't weigh myself, but the curiousity was killing me. I weigh 188 lbs. I recently lost 90 lbs and gained 40 lbs of it back 6 months later. I knew I gained quite a bit, but seeing that number on the scale really sucks.

I turned to food for comfort after a painful breakup, a move, a new job, and a miscarriage. I wish I had dealt with these things differently, but I'm leaving it in the past. I'm back on the wagon and trying to lose 18lbs in this challenge, AND fit my new dress.

Volly
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I've been going back and forth... trying to decide between IP or Atkins. I've been off IP for about 5 months, but I need to get back on the low carb, mainly because I feel so much better. I think I will join y'all and go with Atkins. They are both so similar, but the IP is more expensive (I think). I will begin tomorrow... so wish me luck! :) I would like to take off about 25-30 more pounds. :)

futurehealthyme
01-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Welcome Volly!
I have never tried the IP but sure like the freedom that Atkins is giving me with foods and especially the cost of food.
Welcome aboard!
We can do it!
SugarSpell, wow.....you are a strong Lady...look at all you have been through and are still positive and goal oriented. Good for you and - by the way - very impressive losing 90 lbs.......Yes, you put 40 back but not all 90....that is a great way to get back on the wagon.....you're one step ahead already.
Happy to report another good day here with my eating. I am working hard on drinking more water as I know it is crucial.....
Good night Ladies!:)

futurehealthyme
01-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Just wanted to share that - if you like Zumba - you can go on youtube and watch complete dances/routines while you have fun, sweat and laugh at yourself....in your own home

Violet73
01-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Hey everyone! How did the weekend go? TOM is about to be here for me so I'm retaining fluid (joy). I'm pushing my weigh in back a week so I won't be disappointed. Welcome to all new people who joined in! I'm so glad you guys joined in :)

StephanieM
01-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Violet, I got my TOM yesterday morning, and it's a bad one. I just blew up with bloat yesterday and then I woke up at 2:30 am this morning and there was so much blood. I feel horrible.

Today is the first day without a loss, I'm 170.0. I blame my TOM, especially since when I got up at 2:30 I chugged two big glasses of water and then weighed in at 5 am. I can tell I'm retaining water, my stomach is so full looking/feeling right now.

Fingers crossed for a nice drop when this is done!

Violet73
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Steph, sorry it's a miserable time for you :( I bet you have a woosh in a few days! I hate feeling bloated too! :( BOOOO!!! In a few days it will all be better :)

davematthewsband
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Alright ladies - I'm ba-ack! I'm jumping in a week late, however I did start LC again on the 1st so I'm just slightly into ketosis now.

My overall goals are 1) keeping with Induction, 2) losing 10 lbs, and 3) getting my arse back to the gym.

I made a personal Thanksgiving goal of signing up for the gym - which I did - but between holiday travels and holiday sickness (all 4 of us with the flu) - and general holiday laziness - I haven't made it back.

A new year - a new goal - and a new us!

Violet73
01-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Alright ladies - I'm ba-ack! I'm jumping in a week late, however I did start LC again on the 1st so I'm just slightly into ketosis now.

My overall goals are 1) keeping with Induction, 2) losing 10 lbs, and 3) getting my arse back to the gym.

I made a personal Thanksgiving goal of signing up for the gym - which I did - but between holiday travels and holiday sickness (all 4 of us with the flu) - and general holiday laziness - I haven't made it back.

A new year - a new goal - and a new us!

Glad you joined us here! The flu has been awful here in town. I read that the flu shot doesn't even help against the strain that is active right now. I sure hope my daughter and I don't get it! :dizzy: Glad you made it back and now you're on track :)

Hi davematthewsband and Violet73!
Hi StephanieM..hope that you had a good interview. I am sorry that you are feeling "off" with TOM...I can relate....can't we all?
Hang in there, it will soon be better.
I have been very good with my eating and even walked longer and faster than usual today (4 miles per hour)....I guess watching Jillian (recorded Biggest Loser) yelling at everybody kept me going ........hahaahaha
Same weight....cheating 3 night ago still impacted my daily weigh in......
I didn't give up though......This would have been the first step.......no results, give up.....well, I didn't!
We'll see......
We can do it!

I watch The Biggest Loser too! I sure wish I had Jillian yell at me. My basketball coaches were always mean and yelled so I respond to that and do better. Some people crumble and cry. Nope, not me. It makes me work harder. Too many trainers are just too nice. I need someone yelling in my face HA! I'm glad you didn't give up and you worked through that. That's a big step! Believe me, I know!

I do have limitations now though. I have RA and fibromyalgia so it makes it hard to exercise too much. I walk though. If I had a pool that would be best. We don't even have a public pool in town that I could use, so walking it is. It's better than nothing. Oh, and I'm going to start some beginner's yoga from a DVD I bought.

StephanieM
01-08-2013, 10:16 AM
170.4 today, still on my period and I worked out yesterday doing 30DS. My legs and abs are really sore so I'm guessing my muscles are retaining some water.

Today is my interview! Here's to hoping I do well!

futurehealthyme
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Fingers crossed StephanieM!:)
Good for you Violet73 for finding what works for you. You inspire me to keep going considering your medical concerns and your will power to still find and way to exercise so THANK YOU!
....I wish I had a pool of my own........daydreaming here!
I lost a pound today....thank God that I am done with that stall ....all my fault for cheating 3 days ago. That means I lost 5 pounds in a week with 3 days of stall due to one bad cheat!
I decided to get up at 6 and do my walking in the morning before work since I am usually tired in the evening and I still want to fit in PowerHalfHour or pilates dvd or something.
I need to cook for the following days...as I ran out or prepared foods. It sure helps when I just need to open the fridge and grab piece of chicken or something premade.
::dust: to us all!!!

Violet73
01-09-2013, 07:22 AM
170.4 today, still on my period and I worked out yesterday doing 30DS. My legs and abs are really sore so I'm guessing my muscles are retaining some water.

Today is my interview! Here's to hoping I do well!

I hope your interview went well! When will you know if you got the job?

Fingers crossed StephanieM!:)
Good for you Violet73 for finding what works for you. You inspire me to keep going considering your medical concerns and your will power to still find and way to exercise so THANK YOU!
....I wish I had a pool of my own........daydreaming here!
I lost a pound today....thank God that I am done with that stall ....all my fault for cheating 3 days ago. That means I lost 5 pounds in a week with 3 days of stall due to one bad cheat!
I decided to get up at 6 and do my walking in the morning before work since I am usually tired in the evening and I still want to fit in PowerHalfHour or pilates dvd or something.
I need to cook for the following days...as I ran out or prepared foods. It sure helps when I just need to open the fridge and grab piece of chicken or something premade.
::dust: to us all!!!

Thanks so much. It's rainy here and my fibro is flaring. I just want to curl up in a ball, but I have to work :( booooo! Oh well, life goes on :) I hope to get in some yoga tonight. I went to bed early last night, just so tired...

StephanieM
01-09-2013, 09:33 AM
I did good on my interview! I actually got this job before, but I was (very) pregnant when I started and was only there four months because I went on mat leave. The interview was short and she told me she can't see a reason why I wouldnt' get the job, they just have to do my background check and check my references and then confirm with me :) I passed that all before, so why not now?

She said the woman doing all the checking is new and has a lot on her plate so at the latest I'll know two weeks before it starts which is Feb 11th.

170.0 this morning, halfway back down from that pound I gained back. Muscles are still very sore so I guess they are retaining water.

futurehealthyme
01-09-2013, 09:32 PM
:congrat: StephanieM!
Another good day here!
.5 lost since yesterday. Got home from work and am now getting my 3 mile walk. I did get up at 5:45 am but didn't feel like walking..Oh well, morning/night......just getting it done. I feel great, no hunger pains or cravings at this point. I even made cinnamon bread from scratch for my hubby and didn't have ONE bite:cheer2: I was so proud of myself...the house smelled divine.....but I made it through just fine.
Today I had chicken for breakfast, salad for lunch and am having fish and green beans for dinner with my yummy sugar free jello after.
Hope all is well with you all.
Talk later!:wave:

StephanieM
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Muscles aren't as sore and TOM is finally over and I got my whoosh!

168.4! A new low :)

SugarSpell
01-10-2013, 08:21 PM
I just started my TOM and dropped to 182. I'm highly speptical that I lost 6 lbs in 4 days, so I must be one of those people who retain water the week before TOM and let it all go when it begins.

Today was my 1st day back at school, this time with my boyfriend. We're about a decade apart in age, so when I started high school he was long gone. I'm over 18 so I signed up at an adult education centre with him. I never thought that we'd have the opportunity to go to school together, let alone sit together in math class, so I'm pretty happy about this! In 3 months I should finally have my diploma.

Anyway, my goal for this challenge was to lose 18lbs, now I have 12 left to lose.....I'm not sure if it can be done in 35 days but I'm giving it my best shot (the healthy way)!

futurehealthyme
01-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi everybody!
Weight going down....love seeing that myself, StephanieM! :carrot:
SugarSpell, you are probably right....but hey, weight down.....that is all that matters!
Good luck on your classes SugarSpell!:)
12 pounds is doable but you have to consider that you are small already. I think that the bigger one is the faster the weight is lost in the beginning and then......slowing way down. I agree that we must do it the healthy way!
I am losing a lot more now based on my eight than I will later, I am fully aware of that!
.9 lost here....236.6. Last night I didn't walk 3 miles but walked 35 minutes at 8 incline. Tonight, I am not sure I will at all as I am really tired.
Violet73, I hope all is well with you with the rain and flareups are subsiding!
All the best to all of you!
Talk tomorrow!

futurehealthyme
01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
235.8 this morning from 236.6 yesterday morning.
Have a great day everybody!

StephanieM
01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
SugarSpell, it's normal to lose a large amount of water weight when you first start Atkins.

Thanks, futurehealthyme!

168.6 this morning, which means the number I saw yesterday was real. In the past I've always thought I had to do low carb without working out and regular carbs with working out. I have worked out four days this week and will be working out today as well. Instead of going back to regular eating because I am working out, I have upped my carbs by about 10-20 g a day. Well, the first day I did it I overshot and was around 40 g that day but was at 30 g yesterday. I just feel like I need more with all the exercise I'm doing.

And so far my weight is going down and I feel good. It's working well for me.

SugarSpell
01-12-2013, 06:46 PM
12 pounds is doable but you have to consider that you are small already.Small? I could hug you right now! lol. But I do find that the weight comes off much slower than it used to. x__x The first time I tried Atkins I lost 20lbs in a month. How I long for those days...
235.8 this morning from 236.6 yesterday morning.Way to go on another loss. :)
168.6 this morning, which means the number I saw yesterday was real.Awesome stuff! I weighed 180 yesterday, but today I'm back up to 182...There's nothing worse I tell ya.

But I had a good day! I baked cookies with my boyfriend's son, and managed to resist them. And to top it off, the weather was beautiful so we took him to the park. :) We got at least an hour long walk.

futurehealthyme
01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi everybody,
Same weight today..no cheating but no exercising in the past 2 days either. I am doing it today.
Nice job SugarSpell resisting temptations (cookies) and awesome on spending quality time with your family!
You are right, the smaller you are the slower the weight loss.....God help me get to that point hahahahaa where I have lost enough to be a part of the smaller people category.
All the best to you Ladies. Be strong over the weekend and say no to the bad wicked carbs:D and yes to the healthy ones!

rho1640
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone - I'm still here - and losing - just slowly - I would love a big week every so often butI will take what every loss I get :D

Been doing good with my steps yesterday got in over 15,000 -- remember all of my steps are in the house - mostly walking in place or doing my Walk it Out game - -- they count even if you are walking in place in front of the tv -- yesterday I watched one football game with hubs but for the second one I went in the bedroom to watch something else and I walked during every commercial - and go about 8,000 steps just doing that - I walk in place, jog in place walk back and forth dance a little whatever -- it is movement and counts and my body doesn't know if it is and 5 ft square area or if I have walked into the village and back

Vi I so understand the flare thing and wanting to curl up under the covers -- Have you found that LC helps at all - I swear it has made my flares less bad and shorter -- and it has helped the Ulcerative Oral LP flares - which not having a mouth full of canker sore type of things for weeks on end is a GOOD thing ;)

Doing my best to avoid the flu - the whole state is under an emergency alert for it - got NyQuil, DayQuil, soups and snacks for hubs, sugar free cough drops, etc coming in my PeaPod order today to have everything needed in the house just in case .. So my groceries definitely cost more than normal today ..

I wish they had a like feature for the posts sometimes I pop in just to read but may not be up to a post (cranky and all that lol) but I would love to say good job on so many of the posts -- now to go change my numbers but the little bit of loss - it all counts though right ;)

rho1640
01-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Just wait till menopause hits LOL it is like PMS 24/7 -- at least for me it has been - and I looked forward to it for so long :o I swear that is half of why I lose slowly - but a loss is a loss

lost the 1lb over the last week - I actually do figure it will be another year to be at goal (which could change as I get closer either higher or lower) but I have 34 lbs to go to what I picked originally because it was in the healthy numbers for my age etc that I found online ..

I won't be changing how I eat because I love what I am doing - but I still want to see that goal number yesterday ;)

Hi everybody!
Good to hear from you again rho1640!
I hope that you are safe and will not get the flu. Nice job on getting your daily steps in! You are so right...in/out or about....steps count.
Same weight here....argh!!!
No cheating, stayed 20 carbs and walked yesterday. I wonder if TOM is on the way...I am one of those women who never know when TOM arrives......always amazed at so many other women who know the date and even the time of day sometimes..hahahaha not here....always a surprise....unpleasant one!
We'll see.....i won't let this get me down......walking again today and sticking to my good eating choices.
Take care Ladies!

futurehealthyme
01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
rho1640, do you have a summary of your journey?
Your success is INCREDIBLE and would love to read more about how you stuck to it, what you did and when you started.
Thank you for considering this.
All the best!

rho1640
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
rho1640, do you have a summary of your journey?
Your success is INCREDIBLE and would love to read more about how you stuck to it, what you did and when you started.
Thank you for considering this.
All the best!

Well you can see I joined originally in 2003 I think it said - it didn't take then :o I don't remember how long I did it but it wasn't long - but the last day in May 2011 I decided to try it again - And it worked --

Mainly I decided to be easier on myself - I don't do ANYTHING perfectly - so I am afraid I call my plan Atkinsish - I do shoot for 20 net carbs a day - from veggies mainly - and I do occasionally have a planned "indulgence" I HATE HATE HATE the term cheat - if you call it a cheat then you feel like oh I blew it may as well eat anything and everything today - with a planned indulgence I truly think about it and it is one thing in a meal - an example on vacation I had sweet potato fries with horseradish sauce and a few bloody mary's - New Years Eve I had a bit of desert that had some wheat in it but was sugar free - and I occasionally have Chinese Dumplings because I absolutely adore them -- My thinking is I am doing this for life - those things may slow me up for a few days the week I do them (and believe me they are few and far between) but it is worth it to me to have them so I am not deprived . I've also found that I have planned an indulgence and then decide against it when I get there and have no problems finding things to eat ..

I don't stress about little things if I go to Panera I get the Asian Sesame Chicken salad and have them hold the won tons and put the salad dressing on the side they give you 2 containers of dressing I open one and I dip my fork in it then pick up the salad - so I don't stress weather or not the salad dressing has a little sugar in it -- And I have never finished even one of the containers of dressing ... I do go online and look for nutrition sites for restaurants and Panera is great because you can take items out and see the differences in the whole nutrition ..

And I like playing with recipes and making them LC friendly - and looking for new recipes to cook

so I started basically June 1, 2011 and here I am today --

my exercise is wearing a Fitbit and I have worked my daily step goal up to 11,000 a day - did that slowly too - and almost all of them are walking and jogging in place in the house - using my Walk it Out Wii Game and walking during commercials - I am allergic to the sun so can't go out to walk around the neighborhood or anything ..

I just keep plugging along day by day, or meal by meal, or hour by hour or some days second by second - And it is a life journey to be enjoyed not an all or nothing thing ...

pretty boring huh :p

futurehealthyme
01-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Thank you rho1640!!!
Good tip on the "indulgence" vs. "cheat"!
Makes sense and it is not guilt loaded!
I appreciate you sharing your story and I find it inspiring!
I love reading success stories like yours, Stephanie's and many others'.:)

rho1640
01-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Thank you rho1640!!!
Good tip on the "indulgence" vs. "cheat"!
Makes sense and it is not guilt loaded!
I appreciate you sharing your story and I find it inspiring!
I love reading success stories like yours, Stephanie's and many others'.:)

You will be writing your story soon!

StephanieM
01-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. I was working on slowly upping my carbs since I had been exercising regularly, I had done my 6th day of 30DS on Saturday. We went to my MIL's but because I worked out and showered I didn't have time to make myself something to eat there.

She had some dried apricots, almonds, wasabi peas and some other seeds out. I had a few almonds and wasabi peas as I will do at times and then had some dried apricot. It wasn't bad so I ate quite a bit because I was hungry and we were waiting on dinner. Later that night I had a fever and chills and I woke up Sunday morning with the start of hives.

They progressed really quickly and suddenly my whole body was flaring up, my hands and feet swelled with hives to the point I couldn't walk or grip anything. My husband ended up leaving my daughter and step daughter at his moms so he could take me to the hopsital since benadryl, oatmeal baths, baking soda baths, and ice weren't doing it. I got a prescription for 12 days of steroids. I felt so horrible I wasn't eating very much, but it was mostly high carb things just to get something in my stomach.

I actually still feel really horrible, my palms are on fire and today is day 3 of steroids. I won't be working out today since the heat and sweat will irritate them, but I will be starting back onto induction today. About a month ago I ate some trail mix and got an itchy throat, well I checked out the label Sunday morning wondering if there was something in there that matched what I ate yesterday and it was dried apricot.

So either I'm allergic to the fruit, the pollen on the fruit, or the chemicals they use to preserve the colour and taste of dried fruit. I will never eat a dried fruit or apricot again. As we speak my butt is breaking out in hives and yesterday I went back to the pharmacy with them all over my face to see if there was anything else I could do. Looks like I'll just have to play the waiting game!

I did hit 168.2 yesterday which was cool, but 170.2 today. The steroids can cause increased appetite and weight gain so I think I need to get my eating in check right away. Sorry for the long story!

SugarSpell
01-15-2013, 04:18 PM
StephanieM, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I once had a bad case of something similar to hives, and I found that rubbing baking powder directly on my skin kept it soothed and dry. And I wore loose-fitted pjs for comfort. Don't feel bad that you're not totally on plan, you're unwell. Maybe you could send your husband out to get you some greek yogurt or something else that's lc friendly. I really hope you feel better soon!

Addition: I weighed today and read 179 on the scale! Therefore I'm at the halfway mark. :) I hope I can lose 9 pounds in the next 4 weeks.

SugarSpell
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Don't beat yourself up. So you had a sandwich. A lot of people "indulge" on a box of donuts, or a whole pizza! In a few days you'll be back to normal. You're doing awesome by getting back on the saddle now instead of feeling defeated and going on a week long binge. :)

rho1640
01-16-2013, 12:30 AM
oh Stephanie - ow ow ow -- Just do your best while on the steroids and eat lots of on plan stuff and drink lots of water -- yogurt would be good too ..

FHM - so this was your indulgence for the month - and if you loved every single taste of it it was worth it - just drink lots of water and really get some perfect days in now and you will be fine ...

Went to a new little store today and bought the biggest pork rinds I have ever seen - And they had Pigs ears -- anyone have a recipe for them - And I was thrilled to see smoked hocks, and neck bones and fatback and salt pork, I went in mainly because they had a good price a beef roast that I am doing tomorrow in the sleet and rain they are predicting .. -

StephanieM
01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
SugarSpell, I've tried everything, including the baking soda. The pharmacist told me I just have to wait it out at this point. Congrats on your new weight!

futurehealthyme, thanks! I dropped about two lbs of water weight overnight.

rho, ow ow ow is right!

So I weighed in at 168.4 this morning, which is great. I thought I could exercise today because I woke up with no itchiness but now I'm breaking out on my butt, hips, tummy, and ears. I feel nauseated from all the pills and I'm sitting on an ice pack for relief. I kept my daughter home today because she has a bad diaper rash and hasn't been feeling well. It's hard taking care of the both of us.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys, I got my license! That's one of the main reasons I went to the emergency room for steroids on Sunday, I had my driving test Monday and my hands were so swollen with hives I couldn't make a fist to grip the wheel. I passed, even while feeling twitchy and itchy all over!

BrenM
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm checking in. Last week wasn't good. I cut my food too low and ended up getting sick-so ended up eating too many carbs-so I feel like I'm starting over. I am at ticker wait, so hopefully that means by weigh in on Saturday I'll be down another pound. but for now I'll be happy with where I'm at and that I'm eating and feeling less bloated anyway :)
Congrats on everyone's successes :)

StephanieM
01-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey BrenM, it's good you are being careful about not eating too little. It can really sabotage you.

167.0 this morning! It's awesome I'm losing without exercise :) Still broken out in hives for the time being.

BrenM
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Steph: Hope the hives go away soon!

I stepped on the scale this morning...and I'm down to 183!! WOW! I can't wait until WI Saturday to make it official :)

StephanieM
01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
That's awesome, Bren!!!

rho1640
01-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Stephanie - how are your itches?

StephanieM
01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
rho, still a little itchy this morning. My wrist, butt, and thighs are the current place to be for my hives. I'm going to attempt a workout during Sloane's first nap though! Hoping she sleeps well, since she hasn't been feeling well.

166.4 this morning! When I started Atkins in Feb of last year I was about 196.8, so this is about 30 lbs lost due to low carbing on and off for a year. I took breaks for my sanity and I'm still happy with my progress. I didn't gain it all back during my breaks and for the most part I've maintained. Last February I hoped to be this weight by summer. Now I know this summer I will be a lower weight than this and that is great :)

rho1640
01-18-2013, 01:33 PM
rho, still a little itchy this morning. My wrist, butt, and thighs are the current place to be for my hives. I'm going to attempt a workout during Sloane's first nap though! Hoping she sleeps well, since she hasn't been feeling well.

166.4 this morning! When I started Atkins in Feb of last year I was about 196.8, so this is about 30 lbs lost due to low carbing on and off for a year. I took breaks for my sanity and I'm still happy with my progress. I didn't gain it all back during my breaks and for the most part I've maintained. Last February I hoped to be this weight by summer. Now I know this summer I will be a lower weight than this and that is great :)

hope the hives leave quickly now - and YAY you you are doing great!

Forevermercy
01-18-2013, 11:47 PM
I know I'm late but I've been doing my own v-day challenge and would love the support.
I'm still in induction (started less than 2 weeks ago) and am down 6-7lbs (my scale is not very accurate). I've been losing about .5 to 1 pound a day but I haven't lost anything the last couple days.

I'm still in Ketosis but I'm starting to worry I wont meet my goal! :(

PS. How do i get one of those cool tracker things you guys have?

StephanieM
01-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Forevermercy, the more the merrier! The first two weeks of Atkins you do lose quite a bit quite quickly. The reason is we let go of a lot of water when we start low carb. Some of the weight is real weight lost, and some of it is water. Don't be discouraged. If you are exercising it will speed up the process though :) To get a ticker you need to be here for at least 20 days and have at least 20 posts.

166.4 again today, still great! It means the number is real. I haven't exercised in a week now and I was going to today but my daughter fell asleep this morning during the drive to drop my husband off at work. Of course she wouldn't nap after that so now I've given up and am just moving on with today's errands. I'm going to try tomorrow though.

I'm a lb and a half within my Valentines goal so I'm pretty happy. I don't think I've ever made goal before during one of these challenges :)

rho1640
01-20-2013, 11:49 AM
PS. How do i get one of those cool tracker things you guys have?

For some reason the number 20 is sticking in my mind - I think you need 20 posts before you can use a tracker ...

you are doing great

StephanieM
01-20-2013, 12:34 PM
165.8 this morning, but I went out drinking last night and I usually have a drop after that. I didn't drink very much but I was out late, and I was so tired. I'm just not used to long nights anymore, I couldn't wait to get home and go to bed. I'm not feeling well today, it might be a higher carb day but still gluten free.

HannaBanana
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
I just finished second week of induction. Great to know there are so many others doing so well on the road to weight loss!

Forevermercy
01-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Ok so I definitely think those Atkins bars stalled me! I measured really small on the ketostix and now that I haven't eaten any in the last couple days I measured moderate again...
Phew ... And I lost another puund!

I know alotta people talk about how the atkins bars stalled them too so be careful! Shakes seem to be kewl tho.

GoodApple
01-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi, I'd like to join this thread. I am new to 3FC. I've been trying to lose weight for a week and so far lost 2.5 lbs. I just quit gluten and I feel so much better. I have hypothyroidism and I heard eating no gluten can help. I also quit eating after 6:30 pm, it's also helping a lot. I would like to be at 200lbs by valentines day, I know it's a big goal but I wanna do this! Excited!

StephanieM
01-20-2013, 05:53 PM
ForeverMercy, they stall me too so I don't have them! Sometimes I'll have the shakes but I try not to buy them at all.

GoodApple, welcome! I don't eat gluten either, I feel so much better without it. Good luck on your goal!

I thought more about last night, I did dance a lot so that exercise might have helped my weight drop. I'm on steroids until Thursday, and even though they are being tapered off they still make me feel crappy. Tomorrow my daughter will go to daycare and I'm going to make low carb chili in the crockpot and lift some weights and clean the house. I'm getting to a low enough weight that if I don't get serious about strength training again, I'm going to end up skinny fat.

GoodApple
01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
StephanieM- What is skinny fat? It sounds scary, lol!

Violet73
01-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Hey yall. I've been MIA here on this board. My mood gets so low on LC. It is the diet I need, but carbs bring up the serotonin level and without them I'm very down. I'm seeing my doctor today. I need to get back on Lexapro anyway for PMS and I know I'm a little depressed. I think once my mood stabilizes I will be able to do this. I know LC can help some people with their moods, but for me it makes me irritable and down. I really want to do this because I think this is the best diet for me, especially with my PCOS and insulin resistance. Hopefully I will be back soon! Keep up the great work!

Violet73
01-21-2013, 08:12 AM
ForeverMercy, they stall me too so I don't have them! Sometimes I'll have the shakes but I try not to buy them at all.

GoodApple, welcome! I don't eat gluten either, I feel so much better without it. Good luck on your goal!

I thought more about last night, I did dance a lot so that exercise might have helped my weight drop. I'm on steroids until Thursday, and even though they are being tapered off they still make me feel crappy. Tomorrow my daughter will go to daycare and I'm going to make low carb chili in the crockpot and lift some weights and clean the house. I'm getting to a low enough weight that if I don't get serious about strength training again, I'm going to end up skinny fat.

what is your recipe for LC chili? I really want some chili! I'm gluten free also and some of the chili seasoning packages contain wheat :mad:

Avezy44
01-21-2013, 08:14 AM
my goal is 265.5

SW: 275
CW: 264 (GOAL MET BEFORE V-DAY!) :)

StephanieM
01-21-2013, 10:30 AM
GoodApple, if you don't have any muscle, even at a smaller weight you will look soft and squishy. It happens to some people who don't exercise. Even though I was strength training last time I was skinny fat at 146 lbs. I want to look good when I get to a lower weight.

Violet73, I hope you are feeling better soon! This is the site I'm using, http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.ca/2012/03/kickin-crock-pot-chili.html#.UP1eDGf0f-J

166.8 this morning, which isn't so bad. I was still feeling horribly yesterday. The steroids are making my anxiety horrible, I feel like I can't breath and I feel like I'm getting sick. I started feeling so nauseated last night I laid in bed and ate rice crackers, and then when my husband got home I had him make me gluten free toast with peanut butter. Definitely not low carb, so being a lb higher than yesterday isn't so bad. Back to LC today. My daughter is at daycare so I can rest and hopefully feel better and get some cleaning done, and hopefully get a workout in.

BrenM
01-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Ugh, so for some reason when I did my WI on Saturday morning it didn't show a loss at all--not even the pound from the week before! Sure wish the water weight (I could tell I ate carbs cuz my face had the chunky look again) would go away just as fast as it comes on! lol So hopefully next WI is better.

futurehealthyme
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi everybody. I am sorry for MIA for a while. I have been really sick with an ear infection, headaches, fever, throat ache, etc. Am on antibiotics an have had more than the allotted number of carbs as I used raw garlic (natural antibiotic) in my eating and had toast with soup.
StephM, hope that you will finish the steroids soon and that side effects will end.
THANK YOU so much for the website link...it has some great recipes. I saved it and will use it for sure later when I am a small Lady like yourself! :):carrot: .....when the carb intake can be a little more than 20 per day.
I agree with skinny fat.....we need to exercise for so many reasons!
Best of luck to you Violet73; stick with it and hopefully - with the right combo of what the doctor says - the mood will be a positive one!

Am back on it now....still on meds but feeling a little better.
Welcome to everybody new here and congrats to you all who stayed on track.

StephanieM
01-21-2013, 07:54 PM
futurehealthyme, I don't think I've been called a small lady before, unless someone is referring to my height! haha. Thanks for the compliment :) I did some research on prednisone and it seems like a lot of people get sick coming off of it and have horrible anxiety and panic attacks like I've been having.

futurehealthyme
01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
No M'am...not your height but your weight! It is a fact...you are one small Lady on your way of becoming even smaller! :)
It is good to know - I think - that the side effects you are experiencing are not uncommon.....and that they will pass.

StephanieM
01-21-2013, 09:08 PM
I was almost 200 lbs when I started Atkins a year ago. I've been doing it on and off since then. I'd probably be much smaller if I didn't take so many breaks, but I'm okay with that :) As long as I'm not going backwards.

Oh, and that chili is good! I calculated it all on MFP and made it into 8 servings, and it was about 8 or 9 grams net after the fact. I now have leftovers for tomorrow and my husband liked it so much he wants me to make chili for him to take to work :) He says it's much better than the canned stuff and you don't miss the beans.

rho1640
01-22-2013, 09:08 AM
welcome to the new members :D

down 1.4 this week yay -

vi I hope your doctor was able to help - are there any supplements you can take - I switched to liquid vitamins and back on my cod liver oil - which means I have one swallow of oj after my cod liver oil each day - I decided that my need for CLO outweighed the one small swallow of oj :dizzy:

StephanieM
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Good job, Rho!

166.4 today. Yesterday was about 25 net carbs so that's not bad. Still down from yesterdays weight. I need to get back into ketosis after my rough day/night of not feeling well.

Forevermercy
01-22-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm still in induction and for the first 10 days I lost about 7-8lbs... The last 4 days I haven't lost anything! In fact I think I gained a lb back! :(
I'm part of a program and am DREADING weigh in this Friday!

I dont know what else to do! I've maintained ketosis and kept carbs in the 20's (I do subtract fiber).

The whole point of being on this diet was to lose the weight faster than when I calorie counted. If I keep going days with no results, I really dont see why I should stay on diet that is so expensive and restrictive.

I'm just frustrated and really disappointed. No where near getting to my Valentine's Day goal at this rate. :(

StephanieM
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Forevermercy, if the diet makes you miserable then why be on it? Yes, all the fresh meat, cheese, veggies, etc can get expensive. But if it doesn't feel great to eat this way, then it might not be the diet for you. I feel awesome when I low carb, I have little to no hunger, more energy and I get less bloated.

It's not for everyone, and you shouldn't do a diet simply because you think it will get you there quicker. Choose something you can maintain for life because even when you get to your goal weight you can't go back to eating the way you were. That's how you got overweight in the first place.

It's normal to drop a large amount of water weight at first, and if you overeat on low carb you can still stall out. Why not tell us what your daily menu looks like and we can see if we can help find out why you haven't lost? But if you aren't happy then I suggest choosing another diet.

StephanieM
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Today's weigh in is 166.6. I overate a little yesterday. Trying a new broccoli and cheese soup recipe for dinner tonight. Bought New Rules of Lifting Supercharged for a new program to try, hoping to get into my first workout today but I still have a lot of reading left.

StephanieM
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
166.4 today. Wasn't able to get into my workout yesterday, there was a lot of reading left. It's a customizable workout plan that gives you guidelines to build based on your skill level. I'm almost done building my Basic Training I workout and will start it tomorrow :)

StephanieM
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
164.6 this morning! Yay! I hit my Valentines Day goal! Well, my goal was to see 165 and do 1000 minutes of exercise. Exercise starts again today after two weeks off :) Might not get the exercise one in the end but I'm really happy about my weight.

Forevermercy
01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Congrats!

I keep fluctuating between 154 and 152... Let hope 152 sticks cuz today's my official weigh in at the clinic and that would be and even 10 lbs lost!

Not even close to my goal but I'm optimistic!

futurehealthyme
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Hi Ladies!
Down 10 pounds today am. With being sick and eating forbidden stuff last week....I am happy to be back on track. Nowhere near what I wanted for 25 days.......Actions have consequences and there are also instances - like getting sick - that we cannot control. One day at a time here!
Nice job StephanieM!
Have a good weekend with healthy choices!

StephanieM
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Forevermercy, I hope your weight bounces down for your weigh in!

futurehealthyme, those indulgences do set us back but I'm glad you have lost what you have and you are on track :)

164.4 this morning! .2 down from yesterday, which is really awesome! I started lifting weights again yesterday and my muscles are sore today. Usually I retain water whenever I start lifting again, so this mornings weight was a nice surprise. I've increased my carbs a bit and I eat around 30 a day after fiber.

BrenM
01-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Forevermercy: So have you decided this is going to be a WOE you can do for life? Congrats on your weight loss!

Futurehealthyme: Congrats on the 10 pounds, and glad you're feeling better. You're right, being sick on this WOE is hard.

Stephanie: I love looking at your ticker! It's so encouraging! Keep up the great work!

It's now official--I'm down another 2 pounds. 1 more pound and I'll be at my Valentine goal! I still have to explore other food options so that I don't get bored. And I know during induction we're not supposed to have nuts, but I like the sunflower seeds. Time to go change my ticker :)

Forevermercy
01-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Kinda, BrenM... at least till I get the bulk of the weight off, I'm all for it. Once i get close to my goal weight I'll start pre-maintnenance and kinda wean into normal life again. I could definitely implement parts of this plan as a lifestyle change but doing lowcarb on the long term probably isn't for me.

Before my pregnancy I was able to lose and maintain successfully on a low calorie diet. So I'm sure it'll be a lil bumpy but I plan on transitioning once with in 5 lbs or so of my goal weight.

StephanieM
01-28-2013, 11:46 AM
My weight has bounced up these past few days, it was 167 yesterday and 166.8 this morning. Saturday we had dinner at the in laws, I had a nectarine and some chili which I'm sure caused some water weight. I ate better yesterday but still not great, I was in emergency with my daughter because she popped her elbow out.

And today, well today is our wedding anniversary. I'm treating myself to some sushi for lunch :) I will be low carbing again tomorrow though. Ever since my hive incident I've gotten my TOM and it's been here for over two weeks, but very lightly. My real TOM is supposed to start next week.

futurehealthyme
01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Happy anniversary StephanieM!!!
Hope your little one is doing OK.
Don't worry about the couple of extra bites...you'll get right back on it!
Was the lengthy TOM a side effect of your allergy incident?
Hope it all goes back to normal soon.
All the best!
I am doing well, .7 down for a total of 10.7 so far.
Am getting ready to watch the Biggest Loser and walk. I so wished I had some seasons on DVD but they are way too spendy to buy.....
I might not lose all I initially wanted by Feb 14th but will try my hardest to increase my number before then.
Are you ladies done after Feb 14th?
I would still like to check in and chat with you after since I am working on reaching goal by this summer sometimes........
Take care everyone!

Forevermercy
01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Looks Like I may have finally broken that stall!!!!
Ok so being my first go round on Atkins I didnt realize what that initial stall was all about, but I get it now and I'm just gonna keep on truckin!
That said I was pleasantly surprised to see I was down a lil over a pound and finally broke that 10 lbs mark I've been dying to do! Yay!

Look like I'm not going to make that V-day goal cuz I'd still have to lose 12 lbs in 2 and a half weeks which highly improbable. So I'm upping my goal 5lbs. If I make that goal I would be exactly where I was when I first got pregnant over 2 years ago. And that would be ok for me!

But I have to say I feel like its getting rougher! I'm craving carbs badly again and going out is complete torture!
I would kill for a plate of rice and beans right now! :( And lemme not even mention all the Valentine's candies sprawn all over american right now!

Anyone else dealing with the munchies?

PrettyMom09
01-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Hello,

I know I'm late joining this challenge, but I would like to try anyway. My official weigh in is on Friday, so I'll post my stats then. I don't really have a set goal for Valentine's Day, I'll be happy with any kind of loss.

Congratulations to all of you who have been keeping up with the challenge!

StephanieM
01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
futurehealthyme, I think the TOM is from the steroids I was on for two weeks. I missed one pill of BC and it started the next morning and still hasn't gone away, even though I'm still working through this pack of BC. I finish this pack in a few days though so we'll see what happens.

Forevermercy, just stay away from the chocolate! It's hard, but just don't even look at it.

Welcome, PrettyMom09!

I didn't even weigh this morning, I know it will be bad. I really over did it yesterday. I got news that I got the job I applied for and there was too much indulging and celebrating. That's my own fault though, I set myself back and now I have to work forward again. Low carbing this morning and doing good so far :) I did manage to get a workout in yesterday and I will be doing another tomorrow.

anewbody2013
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Looks Like I may have finally broken that stall!!!!
Ok so being my first go round on Atkins I didnt realize what that initial stall was all about, but I get it now and I'm just gonna keep on truckin!
That said I was pleasantly surprised to see I was down a lil over a pound and finally broke that 10 lbs mark I've been dying to do! Yay!

Look like I'm not going to make that V-day goal cuz I'd still have to lose 12 lbs in 2 and a half weeks which highly improbable. So I'm upping my goal 5lbs. If I make that goal I would be exactly where I was when I first got pregnant over 2 years ago. And that would be ok for me!

But I have to say I feel like its getting rougher! I'm craving carbs badly again and going out is complete torture!
I would kill for a plate of rice and beans right now! :( And lemme not even mention all the Valentine's candies sprawn all over american right now!

Anyone else dealing with the munchies?

I am on day 9 of Atkins and my "carb cravings" hit hard around day 2, 3 and 4. But after that I haven't had any cravings for sweets/carbs and believe me I am a carb addict! That's why I like Atkins because it not only helps with my craving BUT also fullfills me in the high fat/protein area to where I don't even desire sweets/carbs and very content with VLC.

On the 21 of January I weighed in at 198, yesterday weigh in was 186.8....So, I will surely stick with Atkins until I reach my goal. I have been reading through the LC forums of people tired of the same foods....but I think people have to change it up to make it interesting, I guess. Good luck to you!:carrot:

futurehealthyme
01-29-2013, 10:07 PM
:carrot:Welcome PrettyMom09and anewbody2013
Congratulations StephanieM on getting the job! YEYYYYYYY!:)
Nice job, Forevermercy and anewbody2013!
Minus 1 lb here......sticking with it.:D I hope to have lost a few more before Vday and most importantly to stick with it until June to reach my first major goal.
All the best Ladies!

StephanieM
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks, futurehealthyme!

Okay, so Sunday morning my weight shot up from dinner at my in laws the night before, Monday it was about the same because of all the running around on Sunday and the hospital visit. Yesterday morning I shot up to 169.6 after my anniversary carb binge! I have to be honest about that, that's 5 lbs over three days!

After eating very clean yesterday, I'm at 166.2 this morning. So obviouslly it was water retention. Hoping it keeps dropping over these next few days to get back to where I was.

Violet73
01-31-2013, 07:39 AM
Hey guys, I'm sorry I've been MIA. All of you are doing so good! :carrot:

I'm back on Lexapro and it's helping already. I caught that stomach bug going around so I was sick for a few days! When it rains it pours huh? LOL! I'm going to give the Lexapro a full two weeks before going back to low carb. I hope it all works out ok. I really like low carb, but have to watch my mood. I know people around me will appreciate that! HA! Keep up the great work!

StephanieM
01-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Violet73, that sucks you got the stomach bug! I hope the Laxapro has you feeling better soon :)

166.4 this morning, .2 up from yesterday. I did work out pretty hard yesterday so my muscles could be retaining a bit of water. I also ate some gluten free sausage that had no nutritional info on it so I guessed the calories and carbs.

Even though my weight is a bit up, I am freeling really good! I feel like my posture is better and I am starting to see some muscle when I flex. I'm really enjoying weight lifting again. Right now I'm less focused on my weight and more on getting my workouts in and looking/feeling good. I know my weight might not accurately reflect my size while lifting either.

StephanieM
02-01-2013, 10:02 AM
166.8 this morning! I know I'm eating right, so I'm guessing this is water retention due to TOM and weight lifting. It kind of sucks seeing the scale go up each day but I know why it is.

But the thing is, I don't feel fat. I look in the mirror and I feel pretty good about myself. I'm starting to see some muscle in some places. I feel good, and I feel like I look good. So all in all, I don't care what the scale says, I know I'm doing good :)

Forevermercy
02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Remember muscle weighs more than fat StephM! You're doing awesome with all the exercise! I'm so bad about that.

Ok so my first weight of the day was 149.7... That was the first time I've seen anything under 150 in over 2 years! So while I was excited to see the number I know by the end of the day I'll be back up to 151-152. Once I start weighing under 150 all day I'll be stoked! Which finger's crossed (if I stay faithful through superbowl) I'll get there by the end of the weekend! Its only 5 more lbs after that to meet my goal! :)

StephanieM
02-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Yes, but as a weight lifter I also know it is very hard for a woman or even a man to gain muscle! But I do know that muscles tend to retain water when you start lifting weights again after a break. I was off from working out for two weeks due to my hive incident.

Congrats on your new lowest weight! It's always exciting when that happens :)

StephanieM
02-02-2013, 10:20 AM
165.6 this morning! Dropping back down again. Today is my rest day from working out but I feel like doing something for exercise later so I think I'll play some Just Dance with my heart rate monitor on.

FriendlyElder
02-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Back to Atkins after a few years off. I'm taking this Valentines Day challenge. I know this WOE well. I've lost 60 lbs at one time years ago. I kept it off for several years, but life intervened. Here I am at my original weight. When I get over feeling ashamed, I'll post it. Feels good to be back among friends again. My DH and I purged the frig today and bought bacon and eggs and some cheese and meats. We have some meats left from some that I had slow cooked last week. We're going to just eat them left over with a fork tonight. We live in a retirement community where we eat one meal with the other 300 and can choose what to eat. We both chose meat and veggies today. I got lots of veggies. Tomorrow, I'll get out my old books and begin a proper menu.
Peace!

BrenM
02-02-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm down to 181!! I'm sure tomorrow I'll gain some of it (water weight) due to eating junk (planned). But gonna jump back to it Monday!

StephanieM
02-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Welcome, FriendlyElder! A lot of us have had slip ups before, so don't feel ashamed. I gained the weight back and more due to a heavy pregnancy and some big life changes and now I'm working my way back down.

Congrats, BrenM!

166.4 this morning, woke up to my period and I am also very sick. My daughter has been sick since Wednesday and it looks like I caught it finally. Not feeling great, had eggs for breakfast but will probably not be very low carb today. I just want soup and toast. This is just a temporary delay, I'll be back at it when I'm better.

I'm sad because I got into a good groove of working out, I even did a bonus workout yesterday night. I want to be able to workout tomorrow.

FriendlyElder
02-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome Stephanie:

When I got on the scale nekkid this morning I weighed 7 pounds less than I did at the Dr. clothed last week! I'll take that. I weighed 201.1. I used to be 5'9", but am 5'8" now. I haven't been below 200 for more than a year.

Violet: I take a variety of anti-depressants, and understand about the serotonin. I crave carbs. Since it's only been one day, I'm doing okay so far:smug:. But, it's early in this day and we have a Super Bowl party to go to this afternoon. Hopefully, I can limit myself to the veggie bowl without the dip.

I've done Atkins on and off for more than ten years. I was on another board where several of us became friends and actually flew to Kansas City (it was in the middle of the Country) and met each other for a weekend. We still correspond.

I look forward to making friends again with all of you! I am retired but still very active. My husband and I are both Pastors. He is still working, but I have a host of medical problems so stick pretty close to home. The worst of it is chronic pain. I am upbeat, though, and few people, looking at me would guess. We live in a college town. Seniors are encouraged to audit classes, and my husband and I are doing that this semester. I take a yoga class, and work with a personal trainer twice a week, lifting weights and working on machines. I work as a chaplain in our health center, and an advisor to our Vice President (along with several others) on health matters for our frail elders. I live in an independent house in a retirement community that spans 30 acres nestled in the foothills of Southern California. We have several blocks of independent houses that belong to us, and in addition a fully staffed assisted living facility and a health center that is a model for communities in Southern California. Our community is reserved for people who have spent their lives in service to others through the church, the Y, or through non-profit work.

So, that is a little bit about me. This is a big decade year for me and I am very cognizant of getting healthier for my birthday which will come near Thanksgiving of 2013. Big family plans are underway to celebrate and I want to look good. (It's 70!)

Peace, Peg
Drink that Water!

Forevermercy
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Hope everyone is feeling well after the weekend!
I haven't gone over 150 all weekend! Woo! Only 5 more lbs!
Oh this past weekend I went to a health food store and found some amazing products there for low carbers. The more I learn and find the more I feel better about making this a WOE lifestyle.

StephanieM
02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
FriendlyElder, that sounds like a nice community! I'm sure you will look great for your birthday!

Forevermercy, that's great!

I woke up feeling less sick this morning so I decided to do my workout. I really, really don't want to miss one since I've gotten into a good groove with this new program. I finished my 5th workout of 12 in the first stage. I burnt 541 calories, increased some of my weights, and I did awesome! Now my throat is feeling sore again and my head is congested. Whoops. At least Tuesday is a rest day and I have the rest of today to rest as well.

I weighed in at 167.4 this morning, which is not surprising since I had gluten free pizza yesterday. I wasn't feeling great so I wanted comfort food. I was good on calories, just not on carbs. Plus TOM is in full swing. Back to low carb today and hoping to drop the water tomorrow :)

StephanieM
02-05-2013, 10:22 AM
166.6 this morning, looks like I dropped some of the water weight. Feeling sick still, good thing Sloane is going to her child care and my husband is going to see a friend so I can have the house to myself to rest. I want to get better so I can workout tomorrow.

StephanieM
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
I feel like such a loner in this thread sometimes, since I'm the only one who does daily check ins!

165.2 this morning, still going down! Still sick but going to try and workout today.

Forevermercy
02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Dont feel lonely! I'm here pretty much everyday too! lol. I just dont have too much to report unfortunately. I'm still around the 149 mark now. Hoping I have one more shift to get the few lbs off to meet my goal! I have Jeff Dunham tickets for the weekend after V-day and I wanna impress!

PrettyMom09
02-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Congrats Steph!! I'm still here too, I just don't have anything (weight wise) to report. My scale is not moving. I'm stuck at 224.5! I can't believe my body is not feeling a difference between eating carbs all day long to eating very limited amounts of good carbs :(. I know this lifestyle is good for me, so I'll keep going.

rho1640
02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm mostly still here - have been sick and not weighing and seem to be stuck at the moment too -- I'm thinking I need to bust thru a set point since I haven't been this weight in decades -

My next challenge may be something other than weight - maybe steps per day or something -- I'm getting too focused on the number and getting discouraged I think --

futurehealthyme
02-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Also here but I felt like StephanieM did ......this thread is slow......
I am down 14 pounds total and sticking with it.
Would like a more active thread........might check others forums on low carb eating.
Take care.
Will check back each day but don't always have something to say....so I am one of the reasons it is slow!

Violet73
02-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Also here but I felt like StephanieM did ......this thread is slow......
I am down 14 pounds total and sticking with it.
Would like a more active thread........might check others forums on low carb eating.
Take care.
Will check back each day but don't always have something to say....so I am one of the reasons it is slow!

wow! 14 pounds! That's awesome!

Violet73
02-07-2013, 08:32 AM
I feel like such a loner in this thread sometimes, since I'm the only one who does daily check ins!

165.2 this morning, still going down! Still sick but going to try and workout today.

You are doing so great! The weight going down is a wonderful thing! :)

StephanieM
02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Forevermercy and PrettyMom09, I find weighing in here daily even if I'm stalled or up helps me stay accountable so that's why I'm always here!

rho, that's what I did with this challenge. My goal was 1000 minutes of exercise. I figure if I can complete that goal I'll feel healthier and maybe even make my weight goal. It gave me something else to focus on too, because I'm not a failure if I'm doing well on that goal, right?

futurehealthyme, that's a great loss!

Violet, thanks!

StephanieM
02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
164.6 today! Back down to where I was :) I'm sticking with it and going hard! I'm in a good place right now with eating right and working out regularly.

Forevermercy
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Ok so on Monday I went to another clinic (cuz the one I was using was terrible!) and they weighed me and 146.6 but my scale never goes under 148.8. This morning is said 149.4. So I never know which weight to say I am. LOL.
I gues if I average it all out I'd say I'm around 148.5? Which I'll take it! That's 3.5 lbs away from t goal!

rho1640
02-07-2013, 11:47 PM
so waiting on the blizzard they are forecasting - oh joy - just realized I should have gotten gas today - hopefully can get some tomorrow before the snow starts -- going to be snow then rain then hammered with snow and lots and lots of wind from what they are saying -- have a knitting project and charging my kindle now -- if the power stays on it will be super ..

haven't weighed this week - tired of seeing the same number -

Lulu NH
02-08-2013, 06:52 AM
StephanieM - I joined today to let you know there are probably many of us reading your posts and following your progress - It is very inspiring!!!I set my goal as Onderland because I wanted a reasonable goal to begin with. Onderland and indulgence are wonderful terms that I have learned on this forum - Keep up the good work!!!

StephanieM
02-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Forevermercy, that's awesome you are so close!

rho, I hear the places that are supposed to be affected by the blizzard, most places are out of gas by now. Stay safe! Don't let the scale get you down, you have come so far and you are doing so great.

Lulu NH, thank you! Looks like you are getting close to Onederland!

StephanieM
02-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh, and I got 164.0 today! I think my scale is getting a little wonky, I've had it for over three years and haven't changed the battery yet. I saw 164.4 first, then I washed my face and brushed my hair and re-weighed (weird routine I do when I'm so close to seeing a new lower number) and it said 163.6! I figured that can't be right so I got on and off a few times and it said 164.0 consistently after that.

I also took my glasses off so maybe I was just seeing things. I had to jump down to the floor and see what the number was before it disappeared, haha. Today is a lifting day and I'm going to try to run some intervals tomorrow while my step daughter is at ballet and we're hanging out at the in laws (they have a treadmill). So my weight will probably bounce up the next few days but that's fine.

I start my new job Monday!

Forevermercy
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Yayyyyyy StephanieM! That's the lowest I've heard you report! Awesome!

So last night I weighed in 151.6! :( But today my scale read 148.8 again before I left for work. Lord knows I never know that blasted thing will say! And its a high rated, expensive one!

And please becareful up there Lulu!
I'm down here in Florida where we're enjoying weather in the upper 70's today, so I dont envy you one bit! LOL

StephanieM
02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Forevermercy, it's rare that my night time weight is lower than my morning. It's the morning time that I get the nice whoosh.

Lulu NH
02-09-2013, 06:25 AM
Happy Saturday!! Still snowing this morning and still dedicated to Atkins!!

About me: This is my second time around - It's been almost 10 years since my first time doing Atkins - I was very successful for about 2 years going from 225 to 178 and maintaining. I re-started carbs and quickly lost control. Carbs are my weakness - I am a carb addict!!

I re-started around January 7th and I'm losing slower this time but it has been easier. I like reading this forum because there seems to be a lot of practical help. I tried the shakes this time but feel they stall me and I stay away from the bars because they are too close to other foods that I tend to overeat. I am really trying to stay "whole food" as much as possible.

Weighing in: I weigh everyday but I don't want to....I get too obsessive. I have a calendar I keep on my kitchen counter and write in my official weight on Monday mornings. My goal is to get to a once per week weigh in but I'll be happy when I can go 3 days!!! I'm trying to change my mindset this time from temporary WOE to WOE "For Life"

I love the idea of mini goals - like the Valentine's Day Challenge - because it breaks things up into manageable pieces - It's encouraging for me!!

StephanieM
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Lulu NH, carbs are a slippery slope for me as well, it just turns into overeating in general. As for the Atkins products, the vanilla shakes seem to be okay with me, but the chocolate ones and the bars will stall me out as well.

I'm also a daily weigher, but it works for me. Having to look at the number every morning really keeps me on track. And yeah, having the mini goals does make it easier! If when I started Atkins I thought 'I have all these pounds to lose' I probably would have given up a lot sooner. Focusing on a month at a time or every 10 lbs makes the whole process much easier.

I weighed in at 164.8 this morning, which is fine. I knew I would most likely be up a bit. I had a good workout yesterday, and I had a second helping of dinner. I decided I don't eat all my calories enough and it would be good for me to have a higher calorie day. It was my home made, low carb chili so I think the salt definitely would make me retain a little.

Tonight we're having dinner at the in laws, I've stayed on plan really well all day so I'm hoping dinner tonight doesn't affect me too much. I know they are making chicken, so I will stick to that and the veggies. I even got a run in this morning as a bonus workout.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

futurehealthyme
02-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi everybody!
Thank you Violet73 and StephanieM for the encouraging words.
Minus 15 this morning, finished 4 mile walk (fast then slow and at 8 incline) rather than 5 miles but still burnt 500 cal.
Weekends are hard for me....during the week I am so busy at work that I never overeat......weekends are way harder to manage.
So far, so good.........
Before posting I was thinking of a a peanut butter sandwich. I went and got the biggest glass of water and entered the forum. My desire or wish to have bread went out the window. THANK GOD!
rho1640, I hope all is well with you are that you and your dear ones are safe.
LuluNH You are so right about mini-goals. When one has a lo to lose, mini-goals are so much better that the final number which can be daunting!
Have a good weekend ladies, congrats to you all sticking with a healthy low carb eating and exercise routine.
All the best!
PS: Have a wonderful first day back to work, StephanieM!

Lulu NH
02-10-2013, 06:49 AM
StephanieM and futurehealthyme - So encouraging to hear about your workouts - I try to walk with my husband for 30 minutes/5 days a week but on Thursday it flurried and I slipped on some ice I didn't see in our driveway. I really knocked my head/arm/back and I am still sore. I haven't walked since Thursday - but I plan to start again on Monday.

futurehealthyme - I was craving bread this weekend too when I was having some homemade chicken soup. I was able to stay on plan. I went to all the trouble to make low-carb soup so I remembered WOE "for life" to get over myself!! but I'm going to add a glass of water next time!!!

I have to travel for work for the next few weeks and I am worried about eating out at restaurants and getting off track in general. I would like to see 209 this month!! My 22W jeans are loose and my 20W jeans are comfortable. I'm an apple shape so it takes longer for my waist to thin out compared to my legs.

StephanieM
02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
futurehealthyme, that sounds like a good walk! And I'm glad the forum can be a good support system for you. And thanks! I start tomorrow and I'm a little nervous even though I've done this all before. Training with 11 other new people is like going to a new school the first day. You spend 12 weeks together, mostly in class and it totally reminds me of high school.

Lulu NH, ouch! I've slipped on the ice before, and it's not fun! Where I live it snows 6 months out of the year and near the end of my pregnancy I felt pretty badly on the ice. Glad you are getting back to walking ! Every little bit helps, burns more, and makes you healthier.

Eating out on Atkins can be tricky, I usually stick to salads when we eat out. I'm an apple shape as well! Pants that fit my legs never fit my tummy. Even now at my weight I'm pretty much all tummy and boobs, no butt, and nice legs. If my tummy was smaller I could probably fit an 11 or 10, but right now I wear a 12 that's kind of tight around the tummy but fits a little loose everywhere else.

StephanieM
02-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh, and my weigh in! I weighed in at 165.0 today. I completely understand it though, and I was expecting it. Dinner at the in laws and I ran intervals yesterday. I also cheated a little and had 2 and a half glasses of wine with MIL. My carbs were still under 30 net though.

Today I'm going to be on plan and drinking lots of water and hoping to flush some of the water weight out.

futurehealthyme
02-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Have a wonderful week with good health, exercise :carrot:and low carb eating!

Forevermercy
02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend!
Mine.. not so much... I was super stressed and tired and just too tired to fight... Ended up eating around 60-70 carbs both Friday and Saturday.
I nearly kicked mysefl outta ketosis and probably gained a lbs or two over the weekend. But I weighed 148.8 (for the bazillionth time) this morning.
Well, at least I didnt do too much damage. Definitely coulda done worse, you know?

I think my 18 month old has sleep apnea :(. So I'm terrified to sleep and thus low energy and low willpower. Unless by some miracle I shed around 3 lbs in the next few days I wont meet my goal! Ugh.... not good.

BrenM
02-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I did a WI and I'm up to 183. So gained 2 pounds since the super bowl. I have to find a way to get back OP. I'm ok with the gain I did. My own mistake....plus I want to do this the right way. Meaning, I know I'm gonna goof up. I don't want to knock myself so out of it that I'll KEEP goofing up...and then end up giving up.

StephanieM
02-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Just a quick check in, guys. Weighed in at 163.8 this morning, which was awesome :) Started my new job today, lots of orientation. Pre planned all my food and logged it the night before. Did really well today.

Only problem is I couldn't get my butt out of bed to workout at 4 am. I'm going to try again tomorrow since I was too tired to workout after work.

StephanieM
02-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Oh, and of course we should do another challenge! What's the next holiday?

futurehealthyme
02-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Hello Ladies!
Forevermercy, I am sorry to hear about your baby. Hang in there and take good care of yourself! You need to be in good health and rested for yourself and your baby!:hug:
StephanieM, awesome job on your determination (sticking with it, being a mom, new job orientation, prepping foods, logging in foods eaten, etc)! WOW, WOW,WOW! I totally agree that it is hard to exercise at night....I also feel tired and must force myself...many times I don't do it and would like to wake up early. Haven't been successful with a morning routine yet.....
BrenM, we all make mistakes. You know, it was 2 pounds and not 6 or more.....really could have been worse. Now, don't stress over it and get right back on it. I love your positive attitude!
StephanieM, can't think of a holiday unless it is Easter Sunday. Other than that, we can just choose a date far away enough but not too far out like April 1 which would be about the same amount of time as we had from 1/1/ to 2/14. Just a thought...

Lulu NH
02-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Can we do a St Patrick's Day challenge? Gives us 30+ days from Valentine's Day!! I don't know how to start it though?!?

Wearing a 18W Dress Barn suit today that has sat in the closet for a few years - my daughter gave me the seal of approval this past weekend. (Elastic waist but I am very ok with that!!!)

Staying on plan and will weigh when I get home on Thursday - hope I have something good to report!!!!

futurehealthyme
02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
oops . ....posted twice so had to erase

Lulu NH
02-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi - I want to report I got back to my routine walk - 30 minutes yesterday and today!! Staying on plan but more fruit than I would have liked but I say WOE "For Life" - I passed on all the sweets/bread/potato/candy that have been around me this week on the road - so for me that is a success. Gonna see what the scale says tomorrow then set a goal for March 17th.

Totally agree with you futurehealthyme - this is a journey - and we should take the time to enjoy it!!!

Lulu NH
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Happy Valentine's Day!! 212 today!! 13 pounds less than last month!!! Seems much slower this time but so glad to see progress!!:val1:

StephanieM
02-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Happy Valentines Day! I saw 163.6 yesterday but wasn't sure if I could believe it. Haven't seen it since so I'm sticking with the 163.8 I saw today. That means I lost about 8-10 lbs during this challenge.

Been good with food this week, just not exercising like I would like. Today I'm indulging with some chocolate wine but tomorrow it is back on plan :)

I think a St Patty's day challenge would be great!

Forevermercy
02-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi Ladies!
Sorry the last couple days was way busy and didn't get a chance to post.
So yesterday I weighed in at 147.6 which was 2.6 lbs from my goal and total 15 lbs lost.
Its been super tought the last couple weeks! And yesterday I gave in and ate some chocolate covered strawberries! Ah!
I dunno... I'm kinda disappointed but its something! I'm ready fo rthe next challenge!

THank you ladies for sharing your stories and encouragement!

rho1640
02-15-2013, 07:35 PM
stayed the same as last weigh in - so only lost a few lbs for the challenge but it was a loss :D

Violet73
02-20-2013, 07:26 AM
So happy for you guys who made it to goal and also everyone who lost weight on this challenge :)