Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday, 12/31/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday, 12/31/2012

lisa32989
12-31-2012, 01:29 AM
:welcome3: :newyear:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

sonyainva
12-31-2012, 06:13 AM
Good Morning everyone, feeling a bit bloated. will have to control my emotions.

Holly - saw your post about your coach wanting to lose a few more. You mentioned you were worried she might be wanting to make a few $s.
Your ideal weight, you will know. On the coach - think about how has she treated you on the entire journey? has she been consistent? has she been supportive? did she ever push IP products on you? just something to think about.

i need to journal. my gosh i need to journal.

bubbleblower
12-31-2012, 06:34 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow, I had a bad dream this morning - and it was about eating! First one of those. A friend was opening a restaurant and gave me a sample of a lot of foods. I was trying to eat just the lighter things, but looked down at my plate and saw I had eaten *everything*! Then I remembered I wasn't supposed to eat anything not OP and should have turned the whole plate away. I can't remember feeling so awful in a dream in years.:o

Winds are up today but not too bad so it looks like it's another dive day. We're hoping to find my DH's GoPro and [expensive] video light he dropped yesterday while trying to help a new diver who was having trouble in the surface current getting back to the boat. Wish us luck!

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 06:46 AM
bubbleblower....dreams can sure seem REAL!!! i had food dreams early on, but thankfully no longer do they haunt my sleeping mind! hahaha

still reeling from being sick. i am such a wimp when it comes to being sick! oooh sickness be gone!!! i need the color back in my rainbow!!

bubbleblower
12-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Hope you feel better really soon, Rainbow! No fun being sick!

And yeah, in the dream it was just amazing how disgusted and upset I was for myself for screwing up! Definitely can't let them happen in real life! :lol:

A1Texan
12-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Religious on IP this entire weekend and no results on the scale....not feeling it today :(

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Religious on IP this entire weekend and no results on the scale....not feeling it today :(

eh....it happens....STAY TRUE TO PLAN and then have fun WAITING FOR THE WHOOOOSH!!!! you got this!:carrot:

sonyainva
12-31-2012, 07:56 AM
i am having a hard time being 100% op, have a big old party at my home tonight. going to plan ahead.

my nemesis is cashews. my coach has told me they are high in carbs and fats.
why cant i stay away. i am not allowing any more cashews in my home.

i have done that with icecream and other goodies, gotta get cashews out, out of here!

ShanCo
12-31-2012, 08:05 AM
Hope you feel better really soon, Rainbow! No fun being sick!

And yeah, in the dream it was just amazing how disgusted and upset I was for myself for screwing up! Definitely can't let them happen in real life! :lol:

I had a food dream last night too and was so upset with myself for going hog wild! At least that is affirmation to me how bad I want this and a reminder of what cheating would feel like!

A1Texan
12-31-2012, 08:14 AM
eh....it happens....STAY TRUE TO PLAN and then have fun WAITING FOR THE WHOOOOSH!!!! you got this!:carrot:
Thanks. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on this. I'm just frustrated because I see everyone else loosing faster. I want to see the WHOOOOSH....LOL

FutureFitChick
12-31-2012, 08:16 AM
LizRRR, sorry that your son is ill. My friends son managed to throw up all over like that, even managing to get vomit [I]under[/B] his mattress!!

Sonyainva, hope you are able to journal soon and great job for planning ahead with your emotional control.

Had a rough day with my food choices yesterday. I ended up having an emotional time (missing my dad) while celebrating Christmas with my step-mom and brother yesterday. I did not prepare for it as I did not expect those feelings at all. The food plan I had was not sufficient for the very off plan hors d'oeuvres she (unexpectedly) served. This was followed by ordering a chicken meal that was to have "minimal breading" on it that I assumed I could pull off. I am not sure how one possibly could put more bread and coating on a little chicken tender. Now I am putting it behind me, saying "Oh, well!" and planning my food around the menu for the party I will be at tonight.

Starshine
12-31-2012, 08:17 AM

Amen! :) Also weighing everyday is a trap for disappointment for most people. I can be up for four days and then on weigh in day, I'm down 3 pounds. I try to stay off the scale during the week.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Rainbow!!! Get better, sweetie!:hug::hug:

Weighed in yesterday and I lost 4 pounds! Yay! 6 pounds to goal, but I'm going to lower it by at least 10 pounds, but for now, it's great to say "6 pounds to goal!" :dance::dance:

Snowy and not so cold here in Santa Fe today. Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone!

Starshine
12-31-2012, 08:20 AM
i am having a hard time being 100% op, have a big old party at my home tonight. going to plan ahead.

i have done that with icecream and other goodies, gotta get cashews out, out of here!

Good luck, Sonya! You can do this!

I was at a get together yesterday and there was lots of Mexican food, which I love, but oh, boy, I was eyeing the chocolate cupcakes. I didn't eat them. I didn't really want them, but the old addiction did. I had some celery and water and walked away. :)

I live by myself, so when I started IP, I just got rid of everything I knew I wouldn't be eating for a long time. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to have sweet junkie things in my home. They just call my name with such a sweet siren song. :)

Chloe222
12-31-2012, 08:33 AM
bubbleblower....dreams can sure seem REAL!!! i had food dreams early on, but thankfully no longer do they haunt my sleeping mind! hahaha

still reeling from being sick. i am such a wimp when it comes to being sick! oooh sickness be gone!!! i need the color back in my rainbow!!

Good morning Rainbow,
Sorry you're not feeling well. Sending you healing thoughts!

You will be getting a big whoosh soon! It really happens! Stay OP and positive! (Plus there are no healthy alternatives, the best thing you can do is push on and trust.)

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Sorry you're not feeling well, Rainbow!!! Get better, sweetie!:hug::hug:

Weighed in yesterday and I lost 4 pounds! Yay! 6 pounds to goal, but I'm going to lower it by at least 10 pounds, but for now, it's great to say "6 pounds to goal!" :dance::dance:

thanks starshine!! WOW...LOOK AT YOU so close to goal!!! awesome!!!!!!!!! it must just feel A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!
way to go on losing 4 more pounds too!! that is a LOT when you are so close to your goal!! woohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning Rainbow,
Sorry you're not feeling well. Sending you healing thoughts!

:hug: thank you chloe....i need my color!!! hahaha being a sick puppy is not something i handle well....poor pitiful me! hahaha thank goodness i do not have to work and can sleep it off as much as possible.

hot tea chicken soup and sleep will surely bring the color back into my rainbow!! :)

Kat117
12-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Tex, Stick with it! Don't give up on all the hard work you have done!

In the begining I was a slow loser, maybe a pound a week. But then all of a sudden it is like my body realized, hey, this is good for me. I had a week like you did and man was I pissed off, but then the next week I lost 6 pounds. So it will add up. I really do understand where you are coming from. I was watching everyone dropping 3, 4 6 pounds a week and I would lose 1, maybe 2. It can be frustrating, but remember it will happen for you!

If I can be any help or encouragement let me know.

PepperTown
12-31-2012, 09:18 AM
So happy to see my weight scale smilling back at me this morning! Well, I was smilling anyway. Hope this is the end of my 'plateau'!!! Pretty discouraging to see a lack on movement on that scale for almost 3 weeks!!!! (OK, I might have cheated a bit...who told you?) Haha
But I'm back and very happy today. Hope it's a sign for good things to come.

As the new year begins, I wish you (my 3FC friends) a year of peace, happiness and an abundance of new friends. Every one should be born again on Janurary 1st.
So as we begin this new chapter in our lives, I wish you all the happiness you dream of and all the free time to spend with me on 3FC :-D
♫ HAPPY NEW YEAR ♪

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 09:20 AM
As the new year begins, I wish you (my 3FC friends) a year of peace, happiness and an abundance of new friends. Every one should be born again on Janurary 1st.
So as we begin this new chapter in our lives, I wish you all the happiness you dream of and all the free time to spend with me on 3FC :-D
♫ HAPPY NEW YEAR ♪

:hug::hug: right back at ya!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!

Nolawhodatchick
12-31-2012, 09:24 AM

Aww, Rainbow, get well soon! :hug:

As for dreams, ladies, the only food dreams I have had left me feeling quite happy because I enjoyed all the food in the dream with no anxiety, then woke to find I suffered no calories/fat/carbs!! Call me crazy, but food dreams have always worked to my advantage. They can be VERY real, I could have sworn I ate a slice of a wonderful fancy 7 layer decadent chocolate cake one time!

It's a down side of weighing daily. I also weigh daily. I get excited if the result is favorable, but totally ignore any "negative" result until official WI.
As for WHOOSHES, I can honestly say I've not had a single WHOOSH on IP. Did lose 5 lbs in the first week, but otherwise it's been between 1.8-3.6 steadily for me, and usually somewhere in the middle.

Stay strong! Remember, you are trying to get to Jan. 29, that's not very far off. And by all means, throw out the cashews for now. It's so easy to go astray with nuts because a small amount can pack quite a punch in terms of breaking our diet.

THIS IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!:woohoo:

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I set a new mini-goal. It's only for 10 lbs by Valentines, but short-term goals keepme focused. I also want to go down a size in jeans by early Feb. I have lots of nice almost new jeans in the next lowest size from a few years back before I gained this weight.

Starshine
12-31-2012, 09:25 AM
thanks starshine!! WOW...LOOK AT YOU so close to goal!!! awesome!!!!!!!!! it must just feel A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!
way to go on losing 4 more pounds too!! that is a LOT when you are so close to your goal!! woohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hot tea chicken soup and sleep will surely bring the color back into my rainbow!! :)

Thanks, Rainbow! I'm amazed that my losses have been pretty much consistent, especially getting close to goal. Simply amazed by it and so very happy! :D

Hope you get your color back soon, Rainbow!

A1Texan
12-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Tex, Stick with it! Don't give up on all the hard work you have done!

In the begining I was a slow loser, maybe a pound a week. But then all of a sudden it is like my body realized, hey, this is good for me. I had a week like you did and man was I pissed off, but then the next week I lost 6 pounds. So it will add up. I really do understand where you are coming from. I was watching everyone dropping 3, 4 6 pounds a week and I would lose 1, maybe 2. It can be frustrating, but remember it will happen for you!

If I can be any help or encouragement let me know.
Thanks Kat. Everyone here has been most encouraging and giving me the strength to continue. Since I only see my Coach once a week, it's hard to get anything out of her. I plan on going to my Dr. after this week for more guidance if things don't change.

Starshine
12-31-2012, 09:29 AM
THIS IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!:woohoo:

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I set a new mini-goal. It's only for 10 lbs by Valentines, but short-term goals keepme focused. I also want to go down a size in jeans by early Feb. I have lots of nice almost new jeans in the next lowest size from a few years back before I gain this weight.

Thanks, Nola!!!

10 pounds by Valentines isn't an "only" in my book. :) You can do it! You'll be rocking those jeans for Valentine's Day!

ragdoll74
12-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Weigh in up .6 lbs today, but body fat down 2%. I'll take it!

I thought it might not be the best weigh in because Friday was a very active day for me, I'm still a little sore.

evepet
12-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on this. I'm just frustrated because I see everyone else loosing faster. I want to see the WHOOOOSH....LOL

Sometimes I felt like that too... my weight loss was pretty slow and my overall average was about 1.75/wk. But I eventually got there. I've just phased out into maintenance this past Friday.
Hang in there and you'll eventually reach your goal. :hug: It's really important to not compare your weight loss to that of others because it can be frustrating. Everyone is different.

maezy1
12-31-2012, 09:51 AM
rainbow hope that you feel better soon! love the new pic!
A1TEXAN did you happen to read Al Roker's interview in the paper yesterday? He said the number doesn't define him but keeps him honest. HE celebrates all the number means to him. I'm a daily weigher as well. It's when I stop weighing that I have run into trouble in my life. I have had many days where personally I thought it should have gone down but it didn't but eventually the whoosh fairy comes and the weight comes off!
Starshine Congrats!!! excited for you
NOLAwhodatchick I set the same mini goal. Secretly I want 15 lbs gone by then but I will be very happy with anything. 15 lbs puts me in the overweight category and out of the big OBESE category. One questions - Where do you find the Dr. Sears ZONE protein powder? I will be bringing my son back to college in NOLA at the end of the week so I can get it there if I cant find it here.
Facing the New Year's traditional dinner here in Louisiana that includes pork, black eyed peas and cabbage. Going to my SIL so I will have to bring alternatives. Don't like ham and black eyed peas aren't exactly IP approved.
I hope everyone has a safe NYE and see yall in 2013! It's gonna be a GREAT new year!

Starshine
12-31-2012, 09:59 AM

I thought it might not be the best weigh in because Friday was a very active day for me, I'm still a little sore.

That's great, Ragdoll. Lowering the body fat by 2% is exciting. :)

rainbow
Starshine Congrats!!! excited for you

Facing the New Year's traditional dinner here in Louisiana that includes pork, black eyed peas and cabbage. Going to my SIL so I will have to bring alternatives. Don't like ham and black eyed peas aren't exactly IP approved.
I hope everyone has a safe NYE and see yall in 2013! It's gonna be a GREAT new year!

Thanks so much, Maezy! Have fun at the dinner, and enjoy those alternatives!

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

AAAMom
12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Good Morning!
All this talk of dreams is too funny. I had a dream last night, not food related but really odd. My son was taking a poetry class and his teacher's name was Mr. Falk, he was struggling and failing. Very odd...could it be the different eating???

So today I'm at work, we're hoping for a noon release (fingers crossed). Out tonight to a dessert and drink party. I'll eat before and bring a bottle of Pelegrino. Making a roast for dinner tonight.

Happy New Year to all!
:hat::hat::hat::hat:

lisa32989
12-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Was today WI day or are you peeking ahead-of-time?
Are you putting your oil ON your food or just cooking w/ it? Some found the "cooking only" thing stalled em & they had to put it ON
If you get to WI day w/o a loss, it is your coaches job to tweak your plan. Sometimes ADDING a packet works, too!

Feeling your frustration...read on...

I'm a little disappointed I don't get a NYE or NYD weigh-in. My friend's scale weighs REALLY heavy and since I've been OP, I know I haven't gained & it is calibrated way different than my clinic. Oh well...trust the protocol and wait til 1/7...:?:

Until then, I'll be jealous of everyone's great WIs! Congrats to all!

I've scheduled w/my coach to go twice monthly but I'm not sure I can take the anticipation...

:newyear:

Nolawhodatchick
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
NOLAwhodatchick I set the same mini goal. Secretly I want 15 lbs gone by then but I will be very happy with anything. 15 lbs puts me in the overweight category and out of the big OBESE category. One questions - Where do you find the Dr. Sears ZONE protein powder? I will be bringing my son back to college in NOLA at the end of the week so I can get it there if I cant find it here.

HEY MAEZY!!! How are you doing? I hope your recovery is going well. I am in AWE of your 51lbs!! You have had a lot on your plate, and have nonetheless rocked this diet! WTG!!!
I get the ZONE protein powder from online; I don't know of a place to by it in person. It costs $19.69 per cannister but I find a little goes a long way. They say it is flavor neutral but I find it to have just a touch of sweet flavor when I add it to a shake. Not overtly sweet, just a hint like when you add a splash of milk to coffee. They also say on the site it is to be mixed with food such as soup, smoothies, yogurt as it isn't 100% dissolveable in water. I find I have to stir it well. If you google Sears Zone Protein Powder, it should pop right up as the first link. Or if you don't find it that way, go to the Dr. Sears zonediet site and look under Products>Supplements and it will be the last item under the supplements list. Its working well for me and my situation.

So today I'm at work, we're hoping for a noon release (fingers crossed).
Keeping my fingers crossed that you get off at noon, too!!!

tunafish246
12-31-2012, 10:40 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/804_10151160316066567_943461512_n.jpg

First time attempting to post a picture . . I hope this works!

Hubby and I started this journey in September. He has completed his while I'm still working on mine. Together we have lost over 100lbs since we started in September! Great way to end a great year!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

FutureFitChick
12-31-2012, 10:43 AM
I became somewhat ill this morning shortly after my first post. I felt a mild stomach ache last night after eating off-plan hors d'oeuvres, but was able to push it out of my mind for dinner. (I guess I didn't want to cause problems for us going to the restaurant and me without an appetite. What normal eater does that???) Now I am trying to decide whether to stay home or go to my friend's party tonight. I would much rather stay home, although I can't decide how much of that feeling is from being sick and how much of it is being overwhelmed by work and underwhelmed with time, energy, and focus and not wanting to drive 1 hour there and back tonight. I also feel like I should see my friends because we are so far away and that my DH will stay home if I do (and miss his friends too). Sorry for the rambling... Just want to go back to bed, but feel like I'm really just being a whiny (self-pittying) wimp.

Nolawhodatchick

Hubby and I started this journey in September. He has completed his while I'm still working on mine. Together we have lost over 100lbs since we started in September! Great way to end a great year!

Wow, you both look FANTASTIC!!! What a lovely looking couple you make :) Thanks for sharing the photo!

mom2hi
Happy New Year everyone! I have always thought of new years eve as the luckiest day of the year. Anything is possible and we get a whole new year to prove it! I hope you all have a beautiful, OP day.

FutureFitChick
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Tunafish246 you look great! Congratulations on your success!

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 10:46 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/804_10151160316066567_943461512_n.jpg

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cp: :bravo: :woohoo:

WOW!!! you look fabulous and LOOK AT THOSE TONED ARMS!!! are you lifting weights??? oooo i wish my arms could get more toned like yours!!!

keep up the great work!!!

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Happy New Year everyone! I have always thought of new years eve as the luckiest day of the year. Anything is possible and we get a whole new year to prove it! I hope you all have a beautiful, OP day.

i love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug::hug::hug:

FutureFitChick
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM
RainbowSmiles I love your new picture! That is so cute!

exactor
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM

Wow, you guys look great!

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Aww, Rainbow, get well soon! :hug:

As for dreams, ladies, the only food dreams I have had left me feeling quite happy because I enjoyed all the food in the dream with no anxiety, then woke to find I suffered no calories/fat/carbs!! Call me crazy, but food dreams have always worked to my advantage. They can be VERY real, I could have sworn I ate a slice of a wonderful fancy 7 layer decadent chocolate cake one time!

It's a down side of weighing daily. I also weigh daily. I get excited if the result is favorable, but totally ignore any "negative" result until official WI.
As for WHOOSHES, I can honestly say I've not had a single WHOOSH on IP. Did lose 5 lbs in the first week, but otherwise it's been between 1.8-3.6 steadily for me, and usually somewhere in the middle.

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I set a new mini-goal. It's only for 10 lbs by Valentines, but short-term goals keepme focused. I also want to go down a size in jeans by early Feb. I have lots of nice almost new jeans in the next lowest size from a few years back before I gained this weight.

i'm gonna jump right on that mini-goal plan!!! 10 by valentines day!!!! WE GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Rainbow! I'm amazed that my losses have been pretty much consistent, especially getting close to goal. Simply amazed by it and so very happy! :D

Hope you get your color back soon, Rainbow!

:hug::hug: RAINBOW IS COMING BACK!!! ok, so its only a few letters....but thats a start!!! :D

no doubt that .6 was all that muscle you are building up!! WAY TO GO on knocking out that 2% fat!!!

rainbow hope that you feel better soon! love the new pic!
A1TEXAN did you happen to read Al Roker's interview in the paper yesterday? He said the number doesn't define him but keeps him honest. HE celebrates all the number means to him. I'm a daily weigher as well. It's when I stop weighing that I have run into trouble in my life. I have had many days where personally I thought it should have gone down but it didn't but eventually the whoosh fairy comes and the weight comes off!

thank you maezy!! how are you doing love, after your surgery??

i like the quote from al....so true...that number keeps me honest too!!
me....i love the ham tradition...so tomorrow its ham and collard greens, even though i don't like them and i will have 1 spoonful of black eyes peas for LUCK!!!

BRING ON THE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! WE SO GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 10:56 AM
RainbowSmiles I love your new picture! That is so cute!

:hug::hug: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had a blast in vermont!! can't wait to go again!!

A1Texan
12-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Great work to both of you Tunafish. I can see what hard work and 4 months can do...thanks for sharing.

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I became somewhat ill this morning shortly after my first post. I felt a mild stomach ache last night after eating off-plan hors d'oeuvres, but was able to push it out of my mind for dinner. (I guess I didn't want to cause problems for us going to the restaurant and me without an appetite. What normal eater does that???) Now I am trying to decide whether to stay home or go to my friend's party tonight. I would much rather stay home, although I can't decide how much of that feeling is from being sick and how much of it is being overwhelmed by work and underwhelmed with time, energy, and focus and not wanting to drive 1 hour there and back tonight. I also feel like I should see my friends because we are so far away and that my DH will stay home if I do (and miss his friends too). Sorry for the rambling... Just want to go back to bed, but feel like I'm really just being a whiny (self-pittying) wimp.

:hug::hug: get rest....it helps!! hope you feel better soon!!

A1Texan
12-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Was today WI day or are you peeking ahead-of-time?
Are you putting your oil ON your food or just cooking w/ it? Some found the "cooking only" thing stalled em & they had to put it ON
If you get to WI day w/o a loss, it is your coaches job to tweak your plan. Sometimes ADDING a packet works, too!

Feeling your frustration...read on...

I'm a little disappointed I don't get a NYE or NYD weigh-in. My friend's scale weighs REALLY heavy and since I've been OP, I know I haven't gained & it is calibrated way different than my clinic. Oh well...trust the protocol and wait til 1/7...:?:

Until then, I'll be jealous of everyone's great WIs! Congrats to all!

I've scheduled w/my coach to go twice monthly but I'm not sure I can take the anticipation...

:newyear:
I'm peeking again...Caught me..LOL I've just been cooking with it and only sometimes putting it on things. I guess I'll just swallow an extra teaspoon everyday to make sure I'm getting that. Can't hurt any :)

ragdoll74
12-31-2012, 11:01 AM
tunafish- you both look great!

Hgamroth
12-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Tunafish, you look fantastic!

MSEMDEE
12-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Tunafish - you look great. Congrats on your success so far.

kileymed13
12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Tunafish you both look great!!! Thanks for sharing!!

tunafish246
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cp: :bravo: :woohoo:

WOW!!! you look fabulous and LOOK AT THOSE TONED ARMS!!! are you lifting weights??? oooo i wish my arms could get more toned like yours!!!

keep up the great work!!!

thank you!
Maybe it's an optical illusion? Because I'm not lighting any weights. lol

tunafish246
12-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Thank you everyone for your congrats and kind words! :D

Starshine
12-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Tunafish, you and your husband both look fantastic. You make such a great looking couple. :) Congrats on all the hard work!

Debrasb
12-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Happy New Year everyone! Sick today, so glad I have no toast in the house.

Question--when did you all start exercising and how did you learn to work it into your lives (if it wasn't already)? I am ready to start but not sure how to get it to be something I do every day.

1LittleStar
12-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Tunafish, you both look amazing!

Quiet day for me today. Love the feelings of a new start for the New Year, and looking back at the last year, and seeing how far I've come.

mompattie
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM

Oh my Rainbows sick!!!! :hug::hug: hope you feel better soon gf!!!

Chin up grasshoppah!!!! There's no choice but to keep plonking ahead. The alternative is to quit and be fat? You can do this, your body is changing on the inside, shifting around so you may not see it on the scale each week!

So happy to see my weight scale smilling back at me this morning! Well, I was smilling anyway. Hope this is the end of my 'plateau'!!! Pretty discouraging to see a lack on movement on that scale for almost 3 weeks!!!! (OK, I might have cheated a bit...who told you?) Haha
But I'm back and very happy today. Hope it's a sign for good things to come.

♫ HAPPY NEW YEAR ♪

Same to you gf!!! Happy New Year!

thank you!
Maybe it's an optical illusion? Because I'm not lighting any weights. lol

Congrats tuna fish!!!! You look wonderful!!!!!!! :carrot:

Suchawittygal
12-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Well, my coach won't be able to do my weigh-in again this Friday :?: I'd really like to switch, but I don't want to pay all the money it will cost to start at a new clinic. Not sure what to do. I guess I'll just do my own weigh-in again this Friday...

Hey Texan...DON'T GIVE UP!! You can do this!

Tunafish, you two look GREAT!! Nice work to both of you!

Rainbow...I hope you get to feeling better!

I'm totally going for the the short term goal of 10# by Valentines Day! I hope you all don't mind me just inviting myself :D

Happy New Year to all of you! I'm really looking forward to what 2013 has to offer...including the 140's! :carrot:

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh my Rainbows sick!!!! :hug::hug: hope you feel better soon gf!!!

There's no choice but to keep plonking ahead.

:hug::hug: thank you dah-ling!!!! "plonking ahead"....thats how i feel sometimes....like i am only plonking and not sailing! haha

Rainbow...I hope you get to feeling better!

aww :hug::hug: thank you!! happy new year to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

changenow13
12-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I recently started IP - haven't had my first official WI, but i think it will be hard not to look at the scale daily. Right now I'm losing so it helps keep me motivated - esp through the first few days of nausea. Today, I'm feeling better and hope my body fully adjusts soon so I start feeling 100%. I love all your words of encouragement - this is the first place i visit every morning. Happy New Year!

Kay2012
12-31-2012, 01:37 PM
I peeked at the scale this morning and I've listed 41 lbs. I'm half way to goal. What a way to start the New Year! I won't change my ticker until Thursday after my official WI. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

sweetpea2011
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone!! Day 2 for me and I had the Wildberry Yogurt for breakfast. This is the first time having it so I am not sure, but does anyone else find it very foamy? Should I let my yogurts and drinks sit for a bit before I eat them... would that help? I found the same thing happen with my Peach Mango drink.

Thanks for your help and congratulations on all your achievements this year!! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!!

Chloe222
12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
[Tunafish,
You and your hubby look wonderful! What a way to usher in the New Year!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

FutureFitChick
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
I just found an Ideal Protein Pinterest board. Here is the link.

http://pinterest.com/farhatm/ideal-protein/

pocahontas812
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Sweetpea--the WBY is my go-to breakfast. I make it with almost 8 oz water as I like a little on the thinner side. It does get a little foamy, but not too much. I also take my time drinking it...about 30 minutes...so that probably helps reduce any foam.

Down 1.4 at WI this am. Was expecting a little more, but TOM came this morning, so that probably had an impact.

Just had the best lunch-- chopped romaine salad with red onion, lots of broccoli, mozz/parm/romano flavored veggie shreds, IP BBQ soy nuts, and champagne vinaigrette. So yummy!

4Mom
12-31-2012, 02:35 PM

Wow!!! you both look fantastic!!!

Today I am officially ROCKIN a size 14!! Goodbye :wave: 16's happy to be rid of you..

lisa32989
12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
tunafish fab pic! Congrats on progress so far!
Well, my coach won't be able to do my weigh-in again this Friday :?: I'd really like to switch, but I don't want to pay all the money it will cost to start at a new clinic. Not sure what to do. I guess I'll just do my own weigh-in again this Friday...
Some clinics will take u without another startup cost...I think they like stealing clients. Can't hurt to inquire.

I peeked at the scale this morning and I've listed 41 lbs. I'm half way to goal. What a way to start the New Year! I won't change my ticker until Thursday after my official WI. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
Gotta luv that half-way point! I think I'm there, too...no WI til I get home & back to clinic, tho

Hi everyone!! Day 2 for me and I had the Wildberry Yogurt for breakfast. This is the first time having it so I am not sure, but does anyone else find it very foamy? Should I let my yogurts and drinks sit for a bit before I eat them... would that help?
That's what I do...shake it up, go do something else for 10-15 min before drinking. Either that or I just add more water when I'm done drinking it to "rinse out" the foam

kileymed13
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM

Thank you for sharing! I have found a few IP recipes on Pinterest but this is great. :D

LoriKay
12-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Tunafish You both look amazing! Way to go!!

Question--when did you all start exercising and how did you learn to work it into your lives (if it wasn't already)? I am ready to start but not sure how to get it to be something I do every day.

Debrasb, I'm sick today too and also need to start building in time to exercise. I hope someone responds to this!!

Thanks!

onmyway1014
12-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Tunafish - You and your hubby look great. It must be really helpful to be in this together.

Rainbow - Feel better soon. I love your picture. The red is such a happy color with the snow to contrast.

I just got the best/funniest compliment from my son who is turning 11 today.
He shot me in the butt with a nerf gun and then said: Boy mom its much harder to get you now because your butt's so much smaller lately.:)

This made my day!

whytokay
12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
He shot me in the butt with a nerf gun and then said: Boy mom its much harder to get you now because your butt's so much smaller lately.:)

This made my day!

:rofl: that is so good!! Congrats!

After cheating last week (ended up splurging on Christmas dinner... badddd), and only losing a pound, I'm back on track. My scale says I'm down 4 but we'll see what my coach's says on Wednesday when I weigh in! Just glad I'm still losing... :)

Nolawhodatchick
12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Tunafish - You and your hubby look great. It must be really helpful to be in this together.

Rainbow - Feel better soon. I love your picture. The red is such a happy color with the snow to contrast.

This made my day!

Kids are great! My 8 year old son tells me every few days how wonderful of a job I'm doing on my diet. Yesterday he was eating some M&Ms from his Christmas stocking and said "I sure wish I could share these with you, mom, but I know they're not on your diet plan." Then he said, "I know it's hard passing up treats like this especially around Christmas time, but look at the trade off...you are adding years on to your life!" How can I fail with support like that!?!

NinjaNurse
12-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello everyone!! Safe and Happy New Year to all!!

Tunafish236 You and your husband are absolutely adorable!!
Rainbow Love your avatar and feel better!
Maezy How are you feeling woman???
A1Texan Thought of you last night when I made red pepper salsa. I sort of made it up and thought, I bet this is somewhere on 3FC and what would A1Texan do???
FutureFitChick I have found a few great recipes on Pinterest. I am DEFINITELY making the Roasted Cauliflower with red pepper, lime, and cilantro tonight YUM YUM!!! I am also making a IP friendly pork roast with a recipe I saw on Pinterest. It's a lot easier to navigate then the recipes here.

We have kept the pharmaceutical companies in business in this house this holiday season. I was sick, still on cipro, and then my beautiful daughter, who NEVER gets sick, got strep and the rash that goes with it. She still has the rash so we have to start a new antibiotic tomorrow. She looks so pale, not herself. And all she wants is DADDY which is driving me nuts.

I am feeling better, back to drinking my 64oz plus water a day and have an appetite. Back to work tomorrow. All this unexpected illness has set us back so (back to Pinterest) I have been pining my gift goals and ideas instead of wanting to buy them.

Also started to crochet to keep my mind off food. Now that I have my appetite back I am STARVING. I totally suck at crochet, but it's keeping me busy.:dizzy:

Anyone notice all the diet adds on TV the past few days??? I keep thinking we are so not there people!! We all survived the Holidays already ahead of the game!! I know I have Scorbett and all of you to be thankful for that!!!

Sammie12
12-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Happy New Years everyone!

Tunafish: You guys look great!!

New year tomorrow & a new me.. This is the year that I finally get rid of those stubborn lbs that accumulated in my 30's. I dont care where they go as long as it isnt on me.. =) Love the mini goal ideas think I may want to try that instead of the big goal. I also like to check my weight every morning. It just gives me a scene of where I am. \
I hope everyone has a great New Years Eve.

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 04:18 PM

This made my day!

aww thank you :hug::hug: i can sure see why that made your day!!! how sweet!!!!!!!!!! happy new year to you too!

Hello everyone!! Safe and Happy New Year to all!!

Rainbow Love your avatar and feel better!

We have kept the pharmaceutical companies in business in this house this holiday season. I was sick, still on cipro, and then my beautiful daughter, who NEVER gets sick, got strep and the rash that goes with it. She still has the rash so we have to start a new antibiotic tomorrow. She looks so pale, not herself. And all she wants is DADDY which is driving me nuts.

I am feeling better, back to drinking my 64oz plus water a day and have an appetite. Back to work tomorrow. All this unexpected illness has set us back so (back to Pinterest) I have been pining my gift goals and ideas instead of wanting to buy them.

Also started to crochet to keep my mind off food. Now that I have my appetite back I am STARVING. I totally suck at crochet, but it's keeping me busy.:dizzy:

Anyone notice all the diet adds on TV the past few days??? I keep thinking we are so not there people!! We all survived the Holidays already ahead of the game!! I know I have Scorbett and all of you to be thankful for that!!!

:hug::hug: thank you!! i am feeling a tiny bit better today....thanks to peppermint tea and ip chicken noodle soup!!! i need to start a new afghan, i love to crochet!!

i noticed those weight loss commercials too and was so thankful i started back when i did!! heres to a new year and a new us already in the works!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Years everyone!

New year tomorrow & a new me.. This is the year that I finally get rid of those stubborn lbs that accumulated in my 30's. I dont care where they go as long as it isnt on me.. =) Love the mini goal ideas think I may want to try that instead of the big goal. I also like to check my weight every morning. It just gives me a scene of where I am. \
I hope everyone has a great New Years Eve.

happy new year to you too!!! yes indeed, NEW YEAR AND A NEW YOU!! :bravo: woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids are great! My 8 year old son tells me every few days how wonderful of a job I'm doing on my diet. Yesterday he was eating some M&Ms from his Christmas stocking and said "I sure wish I could share these with you, mom, but I know they're not on your diet plan." Then he said, "I know it's hard passing up treats like this especially around Christmas time, but look at the trade off...you are adding years on to your life!" How can I fail with support like that!?!

aww that was so sweet!!! what a great son you have!

After cheating last week (ended up splurging on Christmas dinner... badddd), and only losing a pound, I'm back on track. My scale says I'm down 4 but we'll see what my coach's says on Wednesday when I weigh in! Just glad I'm still losing... :)

better delete that "only" hahaha and woohooo to being back on track!!! we never ONLY lose anything, we totally OWN LOSING IT!! no matter the amount!!

maezy1
12-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Thx all of you for asking about my post surgery progress...today was a biggie for me. I washed, dried and styled my hair! my PT didn't recognize me when I opened the door. Lordie I must have looked like trash.....
I am able to walk without a crutch around the house but still use one crutch most of the time. I actually went to the store today (my son drove me- he was getting new sneakers!) It kinda made me tired. I get to go to PT at my clinic next week. I'm rocking this recovery! I'm determined that 2013 is my year! It's already 2013 in New Zealand!

maezy1
12-31-2012, 04:42 PM
TUNAFISH - you 2 look wonderful! do you feel as wonderful as you look?! a million congrats!

lisa32989
12-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey IdealProteinNewbie: here ya go! I'll take some with the "before" shirt when I get home. Pants are FOUR sizes smaller! Today's shirt didn't even fit in July.

I still need to update my avatar. I'll do it next time we go out & I do hair & makeup

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8330492015_e6d3e95273_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8330492015/)

mightbe
12-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Lisa, you look fabulous! :hug:

Willi
12-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Lisa, you look fabulous! :hug:

Ditto from me!

MonicaKolesnik
12-31-2012, 05:37 PM

I can feel your pain, I am also sick and a wimp to boot when I am. Hope we get better soon.

You and your hubby look great!!!

Wow lots of us are bringing in the new year ill. :hug: hope you get better.

I hear you on the toast. I sent the bread we had in the house with my sister when she left this am so I would not have it to tempt me.

This made my day!

That was precious!!!

I better stop wining about being sick as I have no little one to take care of and my husband is off to help me for the next few days. I am hoping you and your daughter get better soon :hug:

IdealProteinNewbie
12-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Way to go Lisa, you look fabulous!!!

Nolawhodatchick
12-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey IdealProteinNewbie: here ya go! I'll take some with the "before" shirt when I get home. Pants are FOUR sizes smaller! Today's shirt didn't even fit in July.

I still need to update my avatar. I'll do it next time we go out & I do hair & makeup

WOW LISA! YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!

Bella73123
12-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Hello Everyone!! Hope all the IPeeps out there had a fantastic Christmas, and wishing everyone a wonderful New Year!!

MonicaKolesnik
12-31-2012, 06:29 PM
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q715/Monica_Kolesnik/1a490b0c3c977a3764482f5894cc7558.jpg

Had to share the beautiful flowers my DH got me to feel better! Awe...

Bellamack
12-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Happy, Healthy 2013!

I will be 55 on the 7th and don't know how I got that old. :)

A1Texan
12-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Why is Zucchini is ok but Squash is not? Aren't they the same except one is yellow....hummmm

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ttT5UGXjg

HAPPY BRITISH NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IdealProteinNewbie
12-31-2012, 07:41 PM
A1Texan,
Green and yellow squash (zucchini) is fine, but no winter squash (acorn, butternut, spaghetti, etc.)

loopers
12-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Happy New Year everyone! Here's to lots of laugh, love and lbs lost! :D

We got pounded with a snowstorm here - in 24 hours we got over 36" of snow! Hopefully we're done for a while....

Quiet evening in with the fiancé, his stepson and his gf.... hoping there's a couple of good movies on tv!

Had a bit of a stall last week, but the scale seems to be moving again. Pretty sure the weight moved around, because my smallest pants are falling off now... Need to go shopping!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

A1Texan
12-31-2012, 07:46 PM
A1Texan,
Green and yellow squash (zucchini) is fine, but no winter squash (acorn, butternut, spaghetti, etc.)
Okay...makes me feel better....at least I got something right on the last day of the year.... :)

IdealProteinNewbie
12-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Came across this quote and it makes perfect sense for IP:

“Don’t sacrifice what you want most for what you want this moment."

NinjaNurse
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Just had the cauliflower with red chile, cilantro and lime. Mixed in my lobster so freakin yummy!! Thank you to my husband. I can eat lobster but can't look at it while it's alive. He cleaned it for me. (I do clean my own lobster but since I just made dinner for us tonight and for tomorrow already, it was his turn.

rainbowsmiles
12-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Came across this quote and it makes perfect sense for IP:

“Don’t sacrifice what you want most for what you want this moment."

like like like where is the like button????

SDChickie
12-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Okay...makes me feel better....at least I got something right on the last day of the year.... :)

Haha! I had the same question awhile back... was SO happy to discover that yellow squash was okay! :dizzy:

sahmmommy2
12-31-2012, 08:48 PM

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8330492015_e6d3e95273_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8330492015/)

BEAUTIFUL! Keep up the good work:)

maezy1
12-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Monica the flowers are beautiful!!! what a thoughtful hubby!

Idealproteinnewbie Love, love, love ,love that quote. Just put it up as a sticky on my computer

MonicaKolesnik
01-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Maezy- Thankyou so much. I hope your healing is coming along well.

WebRover
01-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Moved question to Tuesday's thread.

WebRover
01-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Moved question about summer squash to Tuesday's thread.